Fertility for Black Families
Black women and couples often have unique fertility challenges and in this course we'll address the more common underlying issues, ways in which they can be managed, rates of treatment success and the how IVF can be optimized to improve outcomes.
Experts you'll learn from
What you'll learn
In this lesson we cover high-level subjects (e.g. the basics of reproduction) and break down specific issues that pertain to Black patients, namely higher rates of infertility, inadequate doctor referral patterns, variation in IVF success rates, tubal factor, fibroids, miscarriage, lifestyle factors and more.
Course Syllabus5 Lessons0h 45m
- Lesson 1 (5 min)Fertility Basics, Timing & Treatments
- Lesson 2 (5 min)Reasons Black Patients Get Treated Later
- Lesson 3 (10 min)Success Rates for Black Patients
- Lesson 4 (20 min)Common Fertility Issues & Treatment Options for Black Patients
- Lesson 5 (5 min)Optimizing IVF for Black Patients