California Fertility Partners

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
11818 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-828-4008
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend California Fertility Partners to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 9Neutral: 39.3
This [California Fertility Partners] is the nicest medical facility I have ever been in. The lobby is just lovely. You never wait. It's easy to schedule all follow-up appointments and everything is very coordinated and is very organized....The environment is personal and when you walk in the receptionists, the nurses, the doctors, all know you are coming and treat you so kindly. I could call any time with questions and a nurse would always answer or call me back within 10 minutes. I never EVER waited in the waiting room. I was always seen on time.
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
This is the nicest medical facility I have ever been in. The lobby is just lovely. You never wait. It's easy to schedule all follow-up appointments and everything is very coordinated and is very organized.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I could call or email Ashley or any other nurse on staff with any questions: I am spotting, is that ok? When does dosage end of Estradiol? I feel nervous! She was patient, kind, straightforward, and responded immediately.
How was your experience with Richard Marrs?
Richard Marrs is an amazing doctor. He is kind and empathic, but also very straightforward. He's very clear about what he sees about what he thinks the best course of action is. He is personable but not emotional, and he is very kind when you are emotional! It's his job to get you pregnant and he exudes calmness, confidence and experience. He's truly the best. He's always on time and saw me every visit that I was doing something other than simply getting blood. He was always prepared. In our first consultation with him, he had gone through the hundreds of pages of my medical records and was prepared with notes to discuss all potential issues he saw.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Marrs?
Come with any questions you have.
Describe the protocols Richard Marrs used in your cycles and their degree of success.
One round of IUI without any drugs, because all my tests were good and fertility issues seemed to be around timing. Two rounds of IUI with Clomid and Estradiol + HCG shots 36 hours before insemination. Basically, to give it a boost and super charge the experience. Second round of IUI with Clomid and Estradiol led to pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Marrs.
Approximately $1800 per cycle of IUI. Very straightforward billing - $235/ultrasound. $120 for bloodtests. Etc. You pay each time you leave. They don't take insurance but they provide you will all the appropriate documentation.
6 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
The nurses [at California Fertility Partners] were absolutely outstanding! My husband and I lost twin girls at 21 weeks after "graduating" from Dr. Ringler. When we returned, everyone was so respectful of our loss and motivated to give us our happy ending. The nurses are always available to you, call you back the same day you leave a message and know your chart. They explain things very clearly and never make you feel like your questions are silly. They are absolutely the backbone of the clinic.
6 IUI, 5 IVF, Egg Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Ringler truly took an interest in getting to know my husband and me. You could really sense that he wanted us to be successful and was open to trying all sorts of options to get us our rainbow baby. He s a true miracle worker!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
The nurses were absolutely outstanding! My husband and I lost twin girls at 21 weeks after "graduating" from Dr. Ringler. When we returned, everyone was so respectful of our loss and motivated to give us our happy ending. The nurses are always available to you, call you back the same day you leave a message and know your chart. They explain things very clearly and never make you feel like your questions are silly. They are absolutely the backbone of the clinic.
How was your experience with Guy Ringler?
I am currently pregnant with our rainbow baby, and without a doubt that is because of Dr. Ringler's determination and persistence in finding answers and trying different approaches. Positives: Extremely thorough and detailed, well researched, compassionate to your situation and the daunting process of infertility Negatives: May not always seem warm and fuzzy, but I think that's because he's so focused on getting it right. After a not-so-great experience with our first fertility doctor, I realized that I need a doctor who can get the job done. My husband can bring the warmth and fuzziness.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Guy Ringler?
Do not expect him to be warm and fuzzy - that's simply not his nature. But he is an expert in the field and he truly cares for the well-being of his patients. He wants to give you a successful outcome, and this goal is clear at every appointment, consultation, procedure, etc.
Guy Ringler
Los Angeles
In three or four months of appointments, they [California Fertility Partners - Los Angeles] were never once late. In fact, if WE were late by only a few minutes we would get a call asking if we were coming. We appreciated their timeliness SO MUCH. Everyone we interacted with here was just so good at their job and so, so professional - from the ladies behind the reception desk, to the blood ninjas, to the billing staff, to the nurses and doctors. Can't possibly say enough good things about our entire experience here. (And we didn't even get pregnant, so that's saying something.)...
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
In three or four months of appointments, they were never once late. In fact, if WE were late by only a few minutes we would get a call asking if we were coming. We appreciated their timeliness SO MUCH. Everyone we interacted with here was just so good at their job and so, so professional - from the ladies behind the reception desk, to the blood ninjas, to the billing staff, to the nurses and doctors. Can't possibly say enough good things about our entire experience here. (And we didn't even get pregnant, so that's saying something.)
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
At every appointment, he knew our story, and he was just really, really compassionate and caring every step of the way. When we sat down with him at the end of our cycle for our WTF appointment, we could tell he really put a lot of thought into our situation, his prognosis and his advice.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Sima is the best nurse/coordinator ever. She was so responsive to emails, she sat down with us at every single visit, her record keeping was detailed and she knew every detail of our history and plan the entire time we were patients. She is the exact perfect mix of complete professionalism and friendly compassion. We are at a different clinic now and every single time we interact with nurses there (who are not excellent at all), we grumble to each other about how we miss Sima.
How was your experience with Richard Marrs?
He is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I've seen - fertility or otherwise. He's super professional, but you can tell he really cares. He pays attention and reviews your file before every visit. He's a very reassuring presence in what is a hard and stressful time.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Marrs?
Trust that you are in good hands.
My protocol was dictated by factors outside of his control, so my experience would not be typical of any other patients'.
Los Angeles
I love that [California Fertility Partners] in general is not an IVF factory. They are conservative and will do all tests needed before concluding the course of action. The clinic is awesome. I had different nurses that helped to treat me, but they never treated me like a number.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
The clinic is awesome. I had different nurses that helped to treat me, but they never treated me like a number. Dr. Baek was available via email and very responsive.
They were warm and positive. When I was prepping for my IUI, one of the nurse's that explained instructions to me, said "when you are pregnant". This was significant to me because she used language that assumed that the IUI would be successful. This is a big contrast from medical professionals who are doom and gloom or focused on statistics or don't want to get your hopes up. It causes absolutely no harm to get someone's hopes up, in my opinion, but the opposite can actually be detrimental.
How was your experience with Kelly Baek?
Kelly Baek is extremely talented and committed to finding the root of the issue. She is meticulous and methodical. I love that CFP in general is not an IVF factory. They are conservative and will do all tests needed before concluding the course of action. I also love that Dr. Baek emphasizes the importance of accompanying treatments like Chinese herbs and acupuncture. With Dr. Baek's help, I got pregnant on my first round of medicated IUI and am now 32 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, after three previous miscarriages (at least one with a genetically normal fetus).
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kelly Baek?
She can be a bit awkward at times and not always super warm, but she is very committed. After talking to many other women in this area who have gone to other clinics, I'm convinced she's arguably the best RE in this area and probably one of the best in the country.
2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
For me, the location [California Fertility Partners] was convenient. It was pretty efficient too. Most of the time I was seen within a few minutes of my appt time. The front desk crew were not very good when I first started going there in 2011, but over time the bad eggs got weeded out. The phone system left a lot to be desired- it was difficult to get someone on the phone if you had a question or concern or it was after hours.
2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
For me, the location was convenient. It was pretty efficient too. Most of the time I was seen within a few minutes of my appt time. The front desk crew were not very good when I first started going there in 2011, but over time the bad eggs got weeded out. The phone system left a lot to be desired- it was difficult to get someone on the phone if you had a question or concern or it was after hours.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Kelly Baek was like a detective when it came to figuring out what was going on with us. We'd miscarried more than 10 times before seeing her. I suspected immune issues and she agreed, along with a few other things that needed tweaking. I only had to do two IUIs with her to have success. The first IUI was actually a chemical pregnancy. Then, she adjusted and put me on an immune drug and the second one worked. She also got the most follicles to develop than ever had before.
very compassionate. they are busy but they take the time to make sure they understand what the RE wants and that the patient understands the instructions.
How was your experience with Kelly Baek?
Dr. Baek is all business in that she knows her stuff. I've met several REs who are super nice but are not skilled. She's incredibly up-to-date on the latest research and she's technically a very skilled RE. She is also very kind and warm and a mom herself. She's an extremely busy person but she still made time to communicate with my acupuncturist about my diagnoses and treatment. I needed all hands on deck to become pregnant and stay pregnant and she got that 100%. After I graduated from her care, she would still answer my emails, etc.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kelly Baek?
Don't waste any time - go straight to her!
Describe the protocols Kelly Baek used in your cycles and their degree of success.
injectibles - higher doses dexamethasone (immune supressor) sythroid (slight hypo thyroid)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kelly Baek.
IUI was around $1,200 (for all appts, etc) not including meds
2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Baek] double checked my progress every step of the way and consulted her colleagues [at California Fertility Partners] when questions about my care arose. [The nurses] were warm and friendly, always nice, extremely competent.
2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Baek is very detailed oriented, the type of person who you affectionately refer to as OCD. That is what we wanted in a doctor! We had gone to a doctor prior to Dr. Baek who was a warm guy with great bedside manner, the type of guy you would want to vacation with, but he lacked attention to detail and we had dismal results. Dr. Baek can be reserved, but she is an amazing doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
They were warm and friendly, always nice, extremely competent.
How was your experience with Kelly Baek?
I was 42.5 yrs old. We had been told by a prior doctor to use donor eggs. Dr. Baek told us we owed it to ourselves to try at least one round with our own eggs! She said she would transfer up to 5 embryos. She checked, monitored and double checked my progress every step of the way and consulted her colleagues when questions about my care arose. She is an extremely experienced and detail oriented doctor.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kelly Baek?
Dr. Baek has a professional reserve. Sometimes I felt that she thought we understood more about the process than we did, even though we had been through it before with a prior doctor. I know many infertility patients are very educated about the process, their results and utilize online support communities. We didn't and as a result, I understood in a general sense what was happening, but I didn't have all the detailed data. Maybe that was for the best and it allowed me to not over stress about every little thing. I always felt like I should ask more questions but we didn't really know the right questions to ask. Dr. Baek asked at every visit if we had questions and when we said no, she didn't delve further.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
I mostly felt like a human. [at California Fertility Partners] The places where I didn't were around scheduling and unique circumstances. They really didn't care how far you live or if you have to drive two hours to get there...Anita is wonderful. She is clear, takes her time and responds to questions quickly.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
It's beautiful and spa like. It's very calming.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I mostly felt like a human. The places where I didn't were around scheduling and unique circumstances. They really didn't care how far you live or if you have to drive two hours to get there and and an hour to work after and President Obama is in town blocking traffic. They will not do anything to accommodate time requests if it isn't easy for them.
How was your experience with Richard Marrs?
Dr Marrs is both incredibly calming and smart. It's always helpful when he reminds you he invented a procedure he is trying. When it was time to move from IUI to IVF, he told us. He was honest and helpful.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Marrs?
Make sure you see him. Ask him for his email.
We did our first IUI with Clomid, trigger, progesterone and estrogen. He monitored progress very closely. The second IUI he cut back on Clomid because I respond very well. Our first IVF we did gonadatropins - pretty standard. We also opted to do PGS so we knew we were transfering good blastocysts.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Marrs.
The costs are clear. You can ask the billing department for the list of costs. The only time it isn't clear is when they don't include everything involved in your treatment when you ask a cost.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Martha Alford [nurse at California Fertility Partners] was very responsive. No question was considered a dumb question. She was available to me and made sure I understood the treatments. She was patient, kind and compassionate. She was very knowledgeable and reassuring about the process....CFP is very organized. Every one of the staff I encountered--from lab work, to nursing, to surgical support staff, to admin and billing--was friendly, kind, supportive, helpful and professional. I never had a negative experience with anyone. Most even seemed to recognize me. Service was seamless.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Marrs is professional, personable, warm and friendly. He knows how to connect with his patients in a genuine, sincere way. He was knowledgeable and inspired great confidence. He was kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Martha Alford was very responsive. No question was considered a dumb question. She was available to me and made sure I understood the treatments. She was patient, kind and compassionate. She was very knowledgeable and reassuring about the process.
How was your experience with Richard Marrs?
I could not have been happier with Dr. Marrs. He was thorough; he explained my treatment in a very accessible way. He calmed my fears and assured me along the way. He was kind and caring before, during and after surgical procedures.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Marrs?
Stay the course, don't lose faith, and follow Dr. Marrs' direction.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Marrs.
Labs, ultrasounds, procedures and prescriptions.
Los Angeles
It seems like it's a good team [at California Fertility Partners]. I like the space, the staff etc...Most of the staff are really kind and helpful. They try and get you in and out quickly and are good at addressing concerns quickly. I generally feel that my questions however are rushed through or that we are annoying them, as they are asked the same questions over and over. But for us, this is High Stakes, a huge physical and financial investment, we need to take our time and understand everything we feel we need more information on.
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
It seems like it's a good team. I like the space, the staff etc.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
She doesn't take a lot of time with you or go into much explanation about various options. You need to do the research on your own and guide the process, unless you want to fully put your care in her hands without feeling much control of the process.
How was your experience with Kelly Baek?
I think she is smart, capable, but also has too many patients. The amount of time she takes with each is slim, we feel rushed to ask any questions and we don't feel many options are presented or explained, maybe they need the nurse to do some of this (i.e., mini IVFs vs full, ICSI vs not, PGS - what type are they doing, with what group... ). There's some information gaps that someone at the clinic could cover.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kelly Baek?
Do your research on your own, have your questions ready for you two minute slot with her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kelly Baek.
It's expensive!!
2003 - 2010
Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Ringler of California Fertility Partners] was very clear about the process. It was up to my husband and myself to handle the emotional roller coaster that is infertility treatment....For a patient this is an emotional process, but for the doctors this is their every day job.
2003 - 2010
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
This was a long time ago. I am sure they have changed.
Do not remember them
How was your experience with Guy Ringler?
He was very clear about the process. It was up to my husband and myself to handle the emotional roller coaster that is infertility treatment.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Guy Ringler?
Think of the process as a marathon race and each cycle as one mile within your journey to try to reach the finish line.
Describe the protocols Guy Ringler used in your cycles and their degree of success.
I started infertility treatment in 1992 after I had had two ectopic pregnancies. First we used clomid, but after testing they found I had developed enzymes against sperm after the ectopic pregnancies. So we moved to GIFT which worked after a first pregnancy which was a blighted ovum. Subsequently, I had 5 more GIFT procedures to have a total of three children.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Guy Ringler.
I don't remember
Guy Ringler
2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Kelly Baek is a skilled fertility specialist. She takes everything step by step and in my experience, has always been spot on in her advice, counsel and recommendations. Dr. Baek is constantly evaluating the treatment plan, making adjustments, and providing honest information regarding risks and outcomes.
European, Latino, Native American
2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Los Angeles
After the egg extraction, there was confusion about which medication to take. There was miscommunication between the doctor and the nurses...They [nurses at California Fertility Partners] seem to be readily available and can answer longer questions you may have...She [Dr. Kelly Baek] doesn't talk down to you and is fairly conservative. She also tries to trouble shoot in advance so that there will be less chance of failure. She doesn't engage in long conversations unless you schedule a consultation with her, and then you will have to pay a consultation fee...Be ready for a lot of testing (which is good). She's not super warm, but she is very competent and knows what she is talking about. She is a bit inaccessible.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
There are a large number of women going to that clinic. You speak mainly with the nurse and it's a bit hard to get a response right away
They seem to be readily available and can answer longer questions you may have.
How was your experience with Kelly Baek?
She doesn't talk down to you and is fairly conservative. She also tries to trouble shoot in advance so that there will be less chance of failure. She doesn't engage in long conversations unless you schedule a consultation with her, and then you will have to pay a consultation fee.