Preparing you to be a confident self-advocate as you make decisions around fertility preservation.
116k took this course
116k took this courseStart Learning
Experts you'll learn from
Full refund within 30 days, no questions asked
Eligible for FSA/HSA
What you'll learn
While egg freezing is an elective procedure for most patients, it requires tremendous preparation. In this course we train you to discern whether your clinic is one of the few with a credible track record. In addition, we teach you how to predict the odds your egg freezing cycle will work and whether more may be necessary. We also cover the medical risks and the full financial costs (and benefits) associated with the process. Finally, we address the circumstances in which freezing embryos provides a credible alternative.
Course Syllabus13 Lessons2h 34m
- Lesson 1 (3 min)Introduction to Egg FreezingIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 2 (3 min)The GistIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 3 (6 min)The Process of Egg FreezingIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 4 (7 min)Does Egg Freezing Work?
- Lesson 5 (10 min)Knowing Whether You Should Freeze Eggs: Predicting Whether You’ll Have Trouble Conceiving
- Lesson 6 (35 min)Ovarian StimulationIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 7 (12 min)The Importance of The Laboratory
- Lesson 8 (25 min)Risks of Egg Freezing
- In this lesson we'll cover:
- The Advantages & Disadvantage to Freezing Eggs At Different Ages
- Very Young Patients
- How Many Eggs Will You Get & Need At Different Ages?
- How Often Patients Really Use Their Eggs
- Thinking About Your Complete Family Building Goals
- Does The Argument That You’re Freezing “Too Late” Make Sense?
- Costs Differ With Age
- Lesson 10 (8 min)The Costs of Egg Freezing
- Lesson 11 (2 min)Egg Freezing TaxIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 12 (18 min)Freezing Eggs vs. EmbryosIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 13 (5 min)Mental Health ConsiderationsIn this lesson we'll cover:
Other courses you might like
The IVF Laboratory
Lab quality determines success. This course explains how to vet a lab to give yourself the best chance of a good outcome.
Featuring experts from
Mount Sinai, CCRM, +6 more