Acacio Fertility Center

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2205 19th Street
949-249-9200
26800 Crown Valley Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
949-218-5981
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Acacio Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 10Neutral: 3Don't recommend: 38.2
1 doctor
Very busy [Acacio Fertility Ctr] but always answered the phone. Bakersfield location is open 5 days but the doctor is only there 2-3 days out of the week and do major procedures in Laguna Nigel. Labs and basic ultrasounds can be done in the Bakersfield location.... All the staff was very helpful. Sylvia was available at all times even after hours. Atiffa was also very kind every time we went in for any minor visir
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
Very busy but always answered the phone. Bakersfield location is open 5 days but the doctor is only there 2-3 days out of the week and do major procedures in Laguna Nigel. Labs and basic ultrasounds can be done in the Bakersfield location.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
He was never pushy on any procedures and sat down with us before and after all the failed attempts. He was very sensitive and allowed us to take breaks in between treatments. He showed that he really and cried with us during a loss and when we finally had success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sylvia Pratt)
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
He was very kind and understanding about this process. He did not push us into anything we were not comfortable doing and allowed us to think about everything. Like I said he cried with us during our loss and success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Ask a lot of questions and recommendations and alternatives. Please be prepared to be shocked how much it’s going to cost out of pocket. It is not cheap and it’s not guaranteed it’s going to work.
Describe the protocols Brian Acacio used in your cycles at Acacio Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Initially I had a laparoscopy to remove some of my endometriosis and adhesions. Has 3 failed iui. Went in for hysteroscopy. 3 failed embryo transfer with intralipids on the last one. 3rd transfer was a success but ended in an ectopic. Had another laparoscopic surgery. Noticed my Fallopian tubes were damaged. Had a bilateral salpingectomy before my 4th transfer with intralipids
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center.
First 3 rounds of IVF group plan was approximately 15K not including genetic testing after 6 embryos and a fee for storage of frozen embryos after 1 year. Medications were also not included in the 15K plan. I probably spent 1-2K in medications.
Describe Brian Acacio's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Acacio Fertility Center.
It was our choice. Whatever we were comfortable with. He did advise against 3 embryo transfers at once but willing to do it if you are adamant but understood the risk of multiples
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [Acacio Fertility Center] is nice and clean with a comfortable lobby and modern equipment. Parking is easy and they have weekend availability during cycles....They [the nurses] were all wonderful under the direction of Sylvia the manager who you can reach on her cell phone after hours. They also do all ultrasounds, call with results and adjust protocols....I believe it was approx $10k for the retrieval and I transfer, $4k for the PGS testing, $5k for the first round of meds, $3k for each FET plus meds.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
The clinic is nice and clean with a comfortable lobby and modern equipment. Parking is easy and they have weekend availability during cycles. I have no complaints about the facility but it does take awhile to get a consultation.
We were treated very well by the nurses and staff but not by the doctor. He talked down to us, got defensive when asked questions and was very rude to us at our last appt and we have never gone back.
They were all wonderful under the direction of Sylvia the manager who you can reach on her cell phone after hours. They also do all ultrasounds, call with results and adjust protocols.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
See previous comment. He was great at the beginning of our treatment but after 2 years of seeing him, he was no longer patient, empathetic or open to partnering with me on changes to my protocol. He is good at communicating in lay terms and seeking compassionate after a loss but is also very cocky and it’s clear now that his show of compassion wasn’t authentic.
His office and staff are wonderful but you will rarely see Dr Acacio unless you book a special appt with him and wait a few weeks or are having a complication.
I think he used a pretty standard protocol for me with birth control and Lupron and with each FET he would add additional meds like Heparin, viagara suppositories etc.
I believe it was approx $10k for the retrieval and I transfer, $4k for the PGS testing, $5k for the first round of meds, $3k for each FET plus meds. With surgeries, procedures, multiple transfer and meds I’m sure we spent over $30k there:
He will agree to transfer one of two embryos, he leaves it up to the patient.
Egg Freezing, 6 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Cost was one of the reasons we chose this clinic [Aacio Fertility]. $20k for 2 stim cycles with PGS testing including as many transfers as it may take for a positive result....Kate is blunt and seems very overwhelmed and busy. No time for sweet talk. She's not overly friendly or compassionate although she will do what she can to help you out. I was in a bind with my insurance expiring the day that I needed to order medications and she expedited the prescription call in which saved me hundreds of dollars. The other nurses in the office are nice but again, not overly friendly.
Egg Freezing, 6 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Nurses are not overly friendly or welcoming (mostly back in 2015). Felt like a number to some degree. They're not necessarily rude just not happy to see to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
I liked him for the most part. He's got a bit of an ego, but every RE I've come across does. Our 1st retrieval with him was our first ever success so I do appreciate him. Good bedside manner and he explained all the steps of the process when he was doing it (like ultrasound scans and embryo transfer).
Ego aside I think he's a really good doctor who is immune treatment friendly, which is hard to find!
2 embryo banking cycles using Antagonist protocol with plans to do PGS testing and a FET with "normal" embryo. 1st cycle we used Bravelle and Menopur as stims. We got 8 eggs -3 blasts for PGS testing. 2nd cycle we changed from Bravelle to Gonal-F and Menopur( Per my request and previous positive experience with Gonal-F ). Dr. Acacio wanted to stim an extra 2 days in hopes to get all follicles up to speed. We ended up getting 10 eggs - all 10 were mature and fertilized and made it to blast for testing! Having DOR, this was a HUGE success already!! So, out of 13 embryos tested 3 came back PGS normal.
Cost was one of the reasons we chose this clinic. $20k for 2 stim cycles with PGS testing including as many transfers as it may take for a positive result.
IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Both locations [at Acacio Fert. Center] are very welcoming and very attentive to your needs. They try to be as flexible as they can with appointment times, especially with the out of town patients. I have never been disappointed in the way they run things...They has a few different IVF packages with various pricing...They also offer payment plans as well...[Nurses] They're all very caring and helpful. You can call anytime during the day and even the evening incase of emergency. They have an office cell phone that the nurse practitioner always has and they're usually quick to answer back as well.
Latino, Other
IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
Both locations are very welcoming and very attentive to your needs. They try to be as flexible as they can with appointment times, especially with the out of town patients. I have never been disappointed in the way they run things.
Dr. Acacio is very thorough and detailed when explaining things. Always making sure we understand. He's also very kind and warm with his patients. Treats us like family.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Dr. Acacio is an amazing doctor, definitely one of a kind. He knows so much and is always trying to figure out the next step before we get there. He treats his patients like family and is very sympathetic during the most difficult times. Although we haven't been able to get pregnant and continue to a live birth, we still have complete faith that Dr. Acacio will help us achieve our life long dream of becoming parents.
He knows his stuff, try not to be intimidated. He really cares for his patients.
We first tried the regular protocol (long) to start but my ovaries weren't responding well and my follicles wouldn't grow, so we resulted in using short protocols. Although I have I diminished ovarian reserve my body was able to respond well most of the time and produce a fairly decent amount of follicles. But there were a couple cycles where I just wouldn't respond at all which then resulted in cancelled cycles. I also have PCOS so I'm sure that was partly an issue.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Acacio Fertility Center.
Never a wait for ultrasound monitoring. Always when it was most convenient for patients but it was usually scheduled during the mornings incase lab work needed to be done as well.
They has a few different IVF packages with various pricing. And they also have broken down prices if you don't want to go with a complete package. They also offer payment plans as well.
Dr. Acacio has never pushed for a single embryo transfer over a multiple embryo transfer. He let us decide on how many we preferred to transfer, but I do know he does not feel comfortable transferring more than 4 at a time. Usually bases the embryo transfer count on age and how well he feels one will respond.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
There are two offices [for Acacio Fertility Center] and we visited both on many occasions. Both offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is well organized and knows you by name and face. I always got the sense that everyone works well together, like a well oiled machine. Their equipment is new and well cared for and they are prepared for any situation that may arise during treatment.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
There are two offices and we visited both on many occasions. Both offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is well organized and knows you by name and face. I always got the sense that everyone works well together, like a well oiled machine. Their equipment is new and well cared for and they are prepared for any situation that may arise during treatment.
Dr. Acacio and his whole staff always went above and beyond to get to know us personally. We were always greeted with a smile and inquiries on how we were doing. The whole staff knew our faces and made us feel like family.
The nursing staff is completely amazing. They were all prompt in returning my calls and always sensitive to our situation. They were always encouraging, delighted in our successes, and consoled us when something didn't go according to plan.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Dr. Acacio is knowledgeable, personable, sensitive, and understanding. He always took as much time as we needed to explain any procedures we needed and to answers all of our questions. We never felt rushed when we were with him. When we were first diagnosed, Dr. Acacio called us after hours to go over our test results, answer our questions, and reassure us that we were all a team and that he was there to help us reach our dreams of becoming parents.
Don't be shy about asking questions- he's the type of doctor who shows mutual respect of your time and concerns.
Because of my PCOS, Dr. Acacio took measures to help reduce/prevent me from developing OHSS. My body reacted very quickly to the stims medication. He fully anticipated me developing OHSS. Inspite of everyone's best efforts, I did develop a mild case of OHSS and I was seen in his office immediately (which happened to be on a Sunday). I was given an ultrasound which showed fluid starting to build up in my uterus. After discussion with Dr. Acacio, we opted for fluids and bedrest. A day or two later, I required more fluids and a procedure to drain the fluid that had built up, which was also done in his office. Dr. Acacio and his nurses acted swiftly and with great care. We all knew going into retrieval that the possibility of developing OHSS was high and I felt well cared for the whole time.
We opted to purchase one of their IVF packages and believe that we saved some money by doing so.
We were given plenty of opportunity to discuss the risks and benefits of transferring 1 embryo versus 2 embryos. In the end, as a couple, we decided that we would transfer 2 embryos and we are very thankful that we did.
Bakersfield
Strengths: so organized, they [Acacio Fertility Ctr] are very scheduled because they only do cycles two weeks of the month and then clean everything the next two weeks. Big strength was that they had places we could go for ultrasounds and everything but the procedures at an office close to us. Weaknesses: it was really far away for the procedures. But they are fantastic and I highly recommend them!... Base price was $9500 plus medication.
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
Strengths: so organized, they are very scheduled because they only do cycles two weeks of the month and then clean everything the next two weeks. Big strength was that they had places we could go for ultrasounds and everything but the procedures at an office close to us. Weaknesses: it was really far away for the procedures. But they are fantastic and I highly recommend them!
He is such a caring doctor and really involved in the process. He has FREE consultations and open houses so you can meet him, talk with him and figure out what you would do, and meet the staff... Which is amazing because nothing about infertility is free!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes, I think her name was Sandy)
They were fantastic and were so good at answering my questions and helping me stay calm.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
He is so kind and he and his wife have gone through fertility treatments also so he is really understanding. He is very down to earth and understands how hard it is and expensive it is and is very upfront and clear about that!
Go to one of the open houses and bring all your information so you can talk strategy and figure out a treatment plan and get started!
So I super overstimulated... Which I will explain, but it started off as a fresh embryo cycle... So that's why my treatment plan is such: BC for 14 days 10 days in I started: Lupron 10U (for 5 days and then after that I just took 5U), prenatals, dexamethasone, and folic acid 19 days in I had my baseline ultrasound, blood work, and estradoil once a week. CD2 I started Follistim 150U and Menopur 1 vial and continued with Lupron, prenatal, dexamethasone 0.75mg, and folic acid. CD9 I had another ultrasound and blood work...I had my HCG shot that day too CD10 was my egg retrieval. They retrieved 105 eggs.... That's very abnormal. I really overstimulated. And as such my ovaries needed a break and to heal. So we had to cancel the fresh cycle and do a Frozen embryo transfer. So I drank a TON of Gatorade and water to help my ovaries so they wouldn't rupture... Thankfully they didn't. So after my cycle started again I started BC again, after 7 days I started Lupron 10U (for 5 days and then went down to 5U), dexamethasone, prenatal, folic acid, and metformin. After 10 days I had an ultrasound and blood work. Then I started delestrogen twice a week. CD14 I had another ultrasound and they told me to just take the Lupron for 5 more days but continue with the rest. Then CD15 I started a z-pack and progesterone shots. On CD20 I had the transfer. We transferred 2. I continued taking dexamethasone, prenatal, folic acid, progesterone oils, delestrogen (twice a week), and started progesterone suppositories. 12 says after transfer I had a blood draw and they called and told me the results and then two days later I had another and they called told me the results and we found out that it way more than doubled. At 7 weeks we had an ultrasound and found out we were expecting twins! I started bleeding that night and I kind of freaked out and called the nurse and she really talked me down and the next day she performed another ultrasound and they were still completely fine and they were born healthy and are growing well!
Base price was $9500 plus medication. And then Frozen embryo cycle is normally $4500. We had little confusion about stopping the fresh cycle and starting the Frozen that he really discounted the Frozen and we were so grateful and in awe that he was understanding and helpful!
Bakersfield
I felt like they [Acacio Fert Center] went well beyond what was necessary to make it work for me, and genuinely seemed to care about the poor result, and me...prices are also reasonable, relatively speaking...[Nurses] Generally good. Communication wasn't always solid or timely, but they cared and assisted with meds, etc, including when I had to go longer before retrieval than anticipated. I think I got more information without asking from them than I had from staff at other places.
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
Dr. Acacio will keep plugging away. I did both IUI and an IVF with him, none successful. I decided not to do another cycle with him (and ultimately moved so it didn't matter) because I was not confident the failure wasn't due to a lab issue or some error in judgment. Given later results, I believe that the bulk of the issue was me, or at least my experience was not a result of a bad lab or protocol issue. But it was hard to shake that concern. That said, I felt like they went well beyond what was necessary to make it work for me, and genuinely seemed to care about the poor result, and me. I think Dr. Acacio's willingness to take patient concerns seriously is a huge strength, given the number of dismissive doctors you will find, and I know others who have had success with him after long arduous journeys when there have been failure elsewhere. His prices are also reasonable, relatively speaking.
Dr. Acacio took my concerns seriously, as well as what I was hoping to get out of IVF. He answered my questions, he was involved in the process, including monitoring, all along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Dr. Acacio was relatable, without the arrogance of other doctors. He wasn't blithe about the failure of my IVF cycle and understood how much it had cost me (at that time, all of my funds for TTC), particularly given my aims. I do wish he'd explained the protocol a bit better, and what to expect and what the source was, but I didn't know it was an unusual one until well into it, so I hadn't asked anything at the beginning. I think his assumptions about my likely success were wholly understandable, but I wish more information had been given about the realities of what we found at retrieval (a large number of immature eggs) and fertilization (not great). Perhaps it wasn't known, but I felt like the post retrieval communication was a bit lacking.
Started with femara, added Follistim, and menopur, and then ganirelix until trigger. Triggered at a few over 18, with a bunch behind, and one giant lead. I technically met trigger criteria. However, the result was nearly half immature eggs (10 of 24 plus 2 dead), poor fertilization (12, including cultured immature eggs), and no blasts (2 or 3 stopped at the stage just before). Based on later results with a different doctor, which weren't substantially better, though produced 1 early blast and 1 freezable, it seems likely it was me, primarily - though nothing in my numbers indicated that would be the case.
There was definitely some waiting, but also sufficient flexibility for me to be able to make it work around my schedule.
I can't entirely recall. I believe roughly in the realm of 9500 for the IVF?
2011 - 2014
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
We came to Dr Acacio after a poor experience with another well known OC fertility doctor and we noticed the difference immediately. Dr Acacio spent the time to review all my medical records prior to our initial meeting and always remembered every aspect of my history which is much more than I can say about our previous doctor. I never felt like a number and since he has had experience with fertility firsthand, he is very compassionate with what his patients are going through. As a type A personality, he is one of the people who really knew how to calm me down. To say he "got me" is an understatement. I truly couldnt havent asked for a more perfect fit when it came to a fertility doctor.
2011 - 2014
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Dr Acacio spends as much time as you need to help you feel comfortable with everything that is going on with your treatment plan. As someone who needs to know all the details, I appreciated his honesty, availability, and time. I never felt rushed and since he does do this with all his patients, it does mean he runs late frequently but I would rather wait for someone who gives me the time of day than someone who just wants to rush me out the door.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sylvia)
The nursing staff is amazing and Sylvia was a godsend. Shes available any time day or night and while she comes off a little strong sometimes, her intentions are always positive.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Patience. He may not have the answers on cycle 1 but he will do everything he can to help his patients. Also expect to wait for appointments but he is worth the wait.
Due to recurrent miscarriages, he suggested intrapid treatment which our previous doctor never mentioned. After our first IVF failed, he suggested testing for autoimmune disorders and while the testing wasn't cheap it certainly paid off since they discovered i had some autoimmune disorders that I was unaware of. Fortunately they knew how to work with it and with additional medication (heparin injections, extra folic acid and baby aspirin) we achieved pregnancy on our next FET.
My insurance covered up to 40k of our costs so our out of pocket was minimal.
2011 - 2012
Anovulation, Unexplained
The reason that I was stuck there [at Acacio Fertility Center] for three cycles was because he had us buy the three package deal--RED FLAG. His [Dr. Acacio] lab is run in a manner where it is over extended. Appointments were hours late. And phone call follow ups after negative betas--when he made them--were never the times set up. This was disheartening and maddening for working professionals.
2011 - 2012
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
This clinic over promises and under delivers with chaotic Managment of care and very little precision and detail. It also practices cattle cycling. This is cycling that puts the I wonder of the doctor ahead of the calendar of your body.
Dr. Acacio practiced unethical medicine. The reason that I was stuck there for three cycles was because he had us buy the three package deal--RED FLAG. His lab is run in a manner where it is over extended. Appointments were hours late. And phone call follow ups after negative betas--when he made them--were never the times set up. This was disheartening and maddening for working professionals. Without getting into too much detail one of my cycles was managed so poorly that my psychologist diagnosed me with PTSD when he transferred five embryos at 29 years old. We later found out that the embryos were already arrested. Completely unethical medicine.
Sylvia is the nurse in charge. She communicates in a condescending manner and does not respect the father's role.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
He is in over his head and overly concerned with image over substance. Over promises and under delivers. Never stops selling.
Run! Your time and money are better spent elsewhere.
He hyperstimulated me resulting in 65 eggs during one cycle. That's poor medicine. We had 3 transfers and 0 positive pregnancy test. The doctor I saw after Acacio went one for one with me and I'm sitting with my daughter right now. Acacio never followed up with us after the third failed cycle.
I think we spent close to $50k there.
IUI, 1 IVF
All of the nurses [at Acacio] were excellent they called back quickly if I had a question. Sylvia answered her cellphone 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I really appreciated that. All had excellent bed side manner..I loved the clinic they were very organized and I never had to wait very little long for any treatments I was having done...I have paid 31,000 dollars in total for all procedures done..He [Dr. Acacio] listened to everything I had to say and listened to all my concerns no matter how small they were.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
I loved the clinic they were very organized and I never had to wait very little long for any treatments I was having done. I liked that he has an office in my hometown and an office in OC so I didn't have to travel every time I had an appointment
I really felt like he treated me like a human because he was very simpathetic to my want to have a child. He listened to everything I had to say and listened to all my concerns no matter how small they were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sylvia Parret)
All of the nurses were excellent they called back quickly if I had a question. Sylvia answered her cellphone 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I really appreciated that. All had excellent bed side manner
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
I really liked him as a doctor because he was very confident about what was going to happen. He told me that we are going to make it possible for me to have a baby. He was always on time and I never had a long wait to see him
Have all your medical history sent to him before your consultation because then he can tell you more about what would be the best plan for you and be prepared because he is a straight to the point kind of person and very confident about his work
I have ovarian cysts so he gave me a certain amount of egg stimulating hormones to make sure I didn't get overstimulated. We did genetic testing to make sure the embryos were chromosomally normal. We then transferred two embryos but I miscarried at 7 weeks. I had a blighted ovum.
I have paid 31,000 dollars in total for all procedures done
Dr. Acacio informed me of the success rate of each and told me that he would recommend transferring two embryos
Bakersfield
It was a nice, clean office [Acacio Fertility Center]. The staff and doctor seemed to get along very well and that was reassuring. Very flexible schedule. They are open late and on weekends and that is great for me since I work.... They were great, and I really appreciated my time with Dr. Acacio. I will be spending more time with nurses in coming appts.
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
It was a nice, clean office. The staff and doctor seemed to get along very well and that was reassuring. Very flexible schedule. They are open late and on weekends and that is great for me since I work.
Dr. Acacio was my 2nd fertility doctor. I just didn’t mesh well with the 1st. He was warm, calming, and concerned about my fears in this journey. He know so much and really took the time to let me and my partner know what are options were and what to expect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Terry)
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
I appreciated his candidness, eye contact and the time he was willing to spend during my consult. He made sure I understood what the steps would be and was not pushy. I really liked his realistic approach as well.
Appreciate his honesty. It’s worth a consult. He seemed much more educated than the first doctor I went to and his resume matched his knowledge.
The reason Dr. Acacio is my 2nd fertility specialist is because my first had hidden prices and attempting to gouge/mislead my husband and I. I’ve called around and he was totally in the normal zone. I actually am happy to pay him based on his experience and conception rate.
2014 - 2017
Doctor Brian Acacio was a friendly upfront doctor who we really liked, but never saw after consultation. He made us feel positive about the experience. He came highly recommended, and has a high success rate...The nursing staff is friendly but they don't call back and different offices aren't on the same page and scheduling isn't communicated... Friendly service but not fast, don't call back or make appointments in a timely matter. Will forget to schedule your next appt and expect you to be able to come the next day around their schedule. Sometimes have to drive 3 hours to other office for appts
Black or African-American, Other
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
Wouldn't get calls back, had to work around their schedule.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Have a flexible schedule and assume you have to travel for procedures
We used clomid day 3-7 2.5 dosage. Followed by ultrasounds to measure follicle size, once the follicle reached right size I had todo a trigger shot in the hip muscle with the iui coming 36 hours after the shot two weeks later take pregnancy test
Rough estimate for iui cycle was about 2500$ not counting purchased sperm that's another $1200
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Acacio Fertility Center]is warm, friendly and competent. In my experience they have a well thought out approach to infertility and they think outside of the box. Dr. Acacio wanted to know why I had a miscarriage and identified the probable cause, when no other RE had done that...She [nurse]was amazing as was the entire staff. Syliva Parrett was the recipient of the Resolve Hope Award in 2010...He remembered my case and was emotionally present for me every time I saw him.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
The clinic is warm, friendly and competent. In my experience they have a well thought out approach to infertility and they think outside of the box. Dr. Acacio wanted to know why I had a miscarriage and identified the probable cause, when no other RE had done that.
He remembered my case and was emotionally present for me every time I saw him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Acacio Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Silvia Parett)
She was amazing as was the entire staff. Syliva Parrett was the recipient of the Resolve Hope Award in 2010.
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Brian Acacio is a consummate professional and I am truly grateful for all the he did for me and for my two children! He supported me and was realistic. I feel that he went above and beyond as my physician.
Trust him, he knows what he's doing.
I had a clotting disorder and he identified it and placed me on blood thinners after my first miscarriage.
2011
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Nice office [Acacio Fert Ctr], conveniently located off the 5 fwy. - has a great atmosphere (next to Costco too!). Lounge and TV in the back for the drivers waiting on patients having procedures performed... I know the anesthesia and drugs were a separate cost...The office is very busy so expect to wait but that's what most clinics are like. Everyone treats you well....great staff with great bedside manners... Batches cycles. Overall I think it was a great protocol
2011
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
Nice office, conveniently located off the 5 fwy. - has a great atmosphere (next to Costco too!). Lounge and TV in the back for the drivers waiting on patients having procedures performed
great staff with great bedside manners
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Was very knowledgeable and had confidence and skill. Never talked down to me. Was very self-assured and he worked great with his embryologist. He got me more eggs than the other doctors (i.e. SD Fertility)
knows immunological issues well. The office is very busy so expect to wait but that's what most clinics are like. Everyone treats you well.
uses Viagra suppositories (to help uterine lining) which I got confused with progesterone suppositories (which messed up my last cycle). Batches cycles. Overall I think it was a great protocol though, just be watchful of the difference between the suppositories since they look alike (at least that's what it was like in 2011)
Don't recall, I know the anesthesia and drugs were a separate cost
Male Factor, Other
I think they [Acacio Fertility] cover everything. I would tell a new patient not to feel nervous they cover all the steps and they will try to help you as much as possible. They also demonstrate on how to administer the shots....The nurses are very friendly...They are very friendly they treat you very well...Save money if your insurance doesnt cover like our case. We are paying cash. We are making payments.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
I think they cover everything. I would tell a new patient not to feel nervous they cover all the steps and they will try to help you as much as possible. They also demonstrate on how to administer the shots.
They are very friendly they treat you very well
The nurses are very friendly
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
He is very friendly and tells you all the steps to your process. He explains in detail. He suggested IVF first but we cannot afford it, since my husband has very low sperm count. We decided to try IUI
They prescribe me letrozole on each cycle. Then the trigger shot too.
Im paying cash my insurance doesnot cover the cost. I am making payments.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
[Acacio Fertility Center] Always made sure your appointments were kept and always gave you great reminders of those appointments. Sometimes it was hard to get them on the phone due to having two offices so the clinic is very busy...A nurse forgot to call me with blood results and I had to call. But my nurse was very apologetic and told me I could call her cellphone with anything I needed.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Acacio Fertility Center.
Very sympatric, patient and personal. Knew every patient that walked through his door
How was your experience with Brian Acacio at Acacio Fertility Center?
Brian Acacio is very detailed with every step you take to go through fertility. He is kind and compassionate which is what you need when going through something like this. I felt at ease every time I was in office for any kind of test or treatment and also treated my family and husband like they were family.
Don't give up cause Dr. Acacio is very educated and will make this happen for you