Genetic counseling: Offered
Johns Creek, GA 30097
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ACRM to a friend?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I've had 3 primary nurses [at ACRM -Altanta Perimeter]. The first moved out of state, the second went out on leave, and I'm still working with the third. All compassionate, answered all questions I had in a timely manner. I really like that I can send off an email and get an answer in a reasonable amount of time...reading material was provided to us to review and all consults stressed single FET transfers. I only had a single embryo for FET, so there was no option for multiples.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It's clear when you are there in the waiting room that ACRM sees a large volume of patients. But it's also clear that they've gained tremendous experience and insight to a process that's still mostly an unknown. There's so much about fertility (or lack there of) that the medical profession just doesn't know. The financial group is not quite as with it as the medical side. If there's anything "different" about a cycle that doesn't follow their normal procedure, it throws the finance person off and usually they forget to update a fill-in the blank type field with the correct information. Review everything, ask questions, keep records.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
ACRM is an extremely busy clinic. However everyone that I saw on a regular basis was extremely compassionate and empathetic. I've had an unusually high number of complications. The follow up has been incredible. The phlebotomist techs knew me by face and name, not just as a name on a piece of paper. Even the check out clerks were the same. When I miscarried, every person I saw was crying right along with me. When I was hospitalized, Dr. Fogle saw me daily in the hospital - I even had her cell phone and she checked in constantly via text.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
I've had 3 primary nurses. The first moved out of state, the second went out on leave, and I'm still working with the third. All compassionate, answered all questions I had in a timely manner. I really like that I can send off an email and get an answer in a reasonable amount of time.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is amazing. From the first consult she has been kind, patient and thorough. She will go over everything in incredible detail, taking as much time as needed to answer questions. She did warn us about "Dr. Google" but she took the time to answer every far fetched question I had about anything I read online. Always upbeat when we saw her. Initially when we started at ACRM, yes we had the doctor rotation for monitoring, procedures, etc. But we're at a point in the process where Dr. Fogle is doing everything herself to ensure that I'm getting the treatment and level of care that she wants. She fully trusts the other doctors in the practice, but the fact that she wants to see it all through really means a lot.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Do your research, ask questions, be patient. Dr. Fogle did give realistic expectations for each procedure, but we still went into everything overconfident that we would beat the odds. Be realistic with yourself, listen to her and your care team. Don't be hard and beat yourself up if things don't go perfectly.
Describe the protocols Robin Fogle used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
2 IUIs, 6 attempted IVF cycles resulting in 4 retrievals 1 IUI conversion and 1 complete cancellation/hospitalization IUI's had clomid followed by progesterone orally. Negative beta's. IVF cycles: E2 Priming x2, MiniStim x2, Microdose Flare x2. One of the E2 Priming and one of the Microdose Flare protocols resulted in 1 frozen embryo but CCS genetic screening showed a chromosome mismatch. One E2 Priming resulted in all embryos arresting. One Microdose Flare resulted in 1 embryo that was CCS chromosomal normal. That FET resulted in a miscarriage. One ministim was cancelled and the other converted into an IUI.
Describe Robin Fogle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Yes, reading material was provided to us to review and all consults stressed single FET transfers. I only had a single embryo for FET, so there was no option for multiples.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM.

for IUI alone [at ACRM] I paid around $500 each time. I received bills all throughout the month for things like ultrasounds and bloodwork...One of the biggest strengths is how compassionate they are. This is a very scary and overwhleming process and they're with you every step of the way. Our next step is IVF. It is very expensive so we keep doing IUIs while saving up, but I dont feel as if we've exhausted all of our options to get there yet. I'm not sure if we've tried all the medications we can, for my husband and myself.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is always so kind and remembers personal things about your journey. You're never just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin)
Everyone was so kind and were always very informative. While it's easy to feel alone in this scary process, they always make you feel like they're always by your side every step of the way. They are all so understanding.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr Calhoun is very kind and compassionate. She makes you feel a lot better about a process that it's already extremely difficult to deal with. She is always so optomistic, which puts you in a better mindset. She has went above and beyond for me with everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Express any concerns and ask any questions you may have. She is extremely knowledgeable and will make sure you have all of the answers you need.
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I was on Letrozole, Clomid, and Dexamethasone. The first 3 cycles were clomid and dexamethasone, the next 4 were all 3, and the current one is Letrozole and dexamethasone. I've always responded well with the Clomid, but it always thinned out my lining. I would trigger for ovulation after my mid cycle results came back and the IUI would be around 24 hours after. I have had failed cycles each time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
for IUI alone I paid around $500 each time. I received bills all throughout the month for things like ultrasounds and bloodwork.
Atlanta Perimeter

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.

2017 - 2019
Strengths [at ACRM]: OMG! They have the best facility!...Love that they order only the necessary meds so you don't end up with left overs. They let you make appointments on both locations for your convenience. You'll have your nurse contact information and you can reach her anytime. They were really sweet and the called to let me know I had a positive pregnancy test :) Weaknesses: Not sure if they have one. Trying to think of something but I can't find anything relevant that bothered me. I'd say it's the fact that they don't work with your insurance. Let's say my EOB would say I could have a discount but it was up to them to accept it and they never did.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strengths: OMG! They have the best facility! Also very well qualifies professionals (including embryologists). Love that they order only the necessary meds so you don't end up with left overs. They let you make appointments on both locations for your convenience. You'll have your nurse contact information and you can reach her anytime. They were really sweet and the called to let me know I had a positive pregnancy test :) Weaknesses: Not sure if they have one. Trying to think of something but I can't find anything relevant that bothered me. I'd say it's the fact that they don't work with your insurance. Let's say my EOB would say I could have a discount but it was up to them to accept it and they never did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Kent)
They will give you a nurse that will be yours during your treatment there. Mine was out for a few days and when I called they gave me the nurse on call. I guess I was lucky because then I had two nurses to talk to and send emails with questions. Either phone or email they were very responsive. You can always get a hold of something if you need something.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Well... to start with... he speaks portuguese as well. So it was nice to be able to speak our native language for a change. He is very kind, compassionate, but he can also be direct and he'll definitely tell you the whole truth. Ask as many questions as you want... he will answer them! He has the facts, studies, examples, pictures ready for your appointment. I've been with different doctor (two previous failed transfers) and he was THE ONE that gave me my positive test on my very first transfer of this cycle. I'm very thankful and would definitely refer him to friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
Don't hesitate to ask him questions. He works on both Buckhead and Perimeter location. So try to schedule where it's best for you. That's a plus :)
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
IVF Protocol Antagonist: - Started birth control pills on my CD3; - CD11 last birth control pill; - CD12 Baseline and bloodwork; - CD15 Started stimulation injection meds subcutaneously: 225IU of Gonal-F 1 Vial of Menopur (mixed with 1ml of saline) - CD20 (DOS6) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD20 (DOS6) Started Cetrotide 0.25mg injections; - CD22 (DOS8) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD24 (DOS10) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD24 (DOS10) Last injections of Menopur, Gonal-F and Cetrotide. - CD25 (DOS11) They put me on Cabergoline 0.5mg (1 tablet) for 8 nights because of high estrogen levels (risk of develop ovarian hyperstimulation symptoms); - CD25 (DOS11) Triger shot - Novarel 1,000 units subcutaneous at a specific time according to egg retrieval time; - CD25 (DOS11) Triger shot - 1hour later I took 4mg of Lupron (80 units) subcutaneous; - CD26 (DOS12) Triger shot - 12hours later I took the second dose of Lupron 4mg (80 units) subcutaneous - CD27 Egg Retrieval day (28 eggs retrieved; 23 mature; 20 fertilized; 11 made it to blast (5 were frozen on day 5 and 6 were frozen on day 6); all 11 were sent to PGS testing; 8 were normal and 1 did not get a reading (candidate to be retested in the future). - (CD1) 9 days after egg retrieval my period started ; - (CD2) Started birth control pills; - (CD12) SIS/Trial transfer appointment; - (CD17) Last birth control pill; - (CD19) Baseline and bloodwork appointment; - (CD20) Started Estrace 2mg (twice a day); - (CD26) Started Estrace 2mg (3 times a day); - (CD32) Midcycle ultrasound and bloodwork appointment; - (CD34) Started PIO (Progesterone sesame in oil 25mg); - (CD35) Increased PIO to 50mg; - (CD36) Started Medrol (Methylprednisolone) 16mg once daily, for 5 days; - (CD38) Bloodwork appointment (check progesterone and estrogen levels); - (CD39) Transfer day ( Transferred only 1 healthy PGS tested embryo); - (CD49) First pregnancy blood test; - (CD51) Second pregnancy blood test; - (CD54) Third pregnancy blood test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
I'm not able to tell the price because we used Attain finance program instead of payment directly to the clinic. But from where I recall: - Medications were self paid (I'm not sure but I don't think we reached the $5,000.00 we thought we would reach for the whole cycle- retrieval and transfer); - Anesthesia was also self paid ($515); - Preliminary Testing (i.e. Trial Transfer and SIS), also self paid; - For the baseline, biopsy and transfer a total of $16,540.00 - PGS is $1,950.00 (screening of up to 6 embryos and shipping); I guess that would be something around $25,000.00 (not included preliminary testing if you need it).
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
He explains it very well based on studies, researches etc. All based on your age, previous treatments, diagnosis, and others. I trusted in him and he convinced me that eSET was the best for me. It only took one for me to get pregnant on my first transfer with him!

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

Strength is it’s [ACRM] large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept...My nurse had changed in my time at ACRM. The new nurse, Cailin is nice, but doesn’t seem very organized. I usually have to reach out to her for results, etc, and sometimes feel unclear about the information I get from her. Often another nurse will contact me with results or specific treatment information. My care coordinator, Bernice, is nice, but really only schedules appointments.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strength is it’s large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept.
Dr. Calhoun has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder, Nurse and Bernice Care Coordinator)
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She seems involved and caring even when others are providing treatment. I’ve only met her twice. Once at the consult and again when she did my second IUI. However, she still seems very knowledgeable and invested in my case and treatment
She might be a bit of a ghost doctor, but she’s sweet and wants to get you pregnant
I came to Dr. Calhoun after 3 unmonitored clomid cycles with my OBGYN. She recommend further testing HSG (came back good), SIS (came back good), SA was good. She suggested IUI with Letrozole. Our first IUI had 3 follicles, but a surprising low SA. It was a fail. She did further testing on my husband, found low testosterone and prescribed him Clomid. Second IUI had 2 follicles and good sperm counts, but was a fail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
The costs for IUI quoted without insurance was roughly $1,000-$2,000. Whatever lab ACRM has onsite is out of network for both BCBS and Humana. So labs must be sent out or are an added fee
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
This has not been brought up in my treatment

Other, Unexplained
Everyone has been very nice [at ACRM]. I just wish some would remember to smile :)...Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Very nice. Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I felt that I was just another number because of how quickly I felt things were moving. Of course, I want things to move quickly because we obviously want to conceive. Although he is very cordial, I felt that he was almost rehearsing a memorized speech for people choosing IUI and IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi Parikh)
Everyone has been very nice. I just wish some would remember to smile :)
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
If I had to choose, I probably would have chosen a woman doctor to have, probably because I would just feel more comfortable, not that Dr. Denis has made me feel uncomfortable in any way. He has been nice, informative, and very open about what the next steps would be.
Ask all the questions!
We haven't gotten this far in the treatment process, but I did flag on labs regarding my adrenal glands. I had that lab retested, and he told me before hand if the DHEA was still elevated, he would want me to get an MRI, which is the next step for me right now.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
I had to pay co- pays each time, but my insurance covered most of my labs and most of my husbands labs. We had to pay OOP for semen analysis and some genetic labs. I have Anthem BCBS, and we are still working through what is covered, etc.

2013 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
[The nurse at ACRM] was hardly ever in the office. In fact I would send emails to her for two reasons...1 - to see when she would be back and 2 - to beg for further information. She was not helpful, compassionate and I felt like her emails were restricted to a 140 character limit with her responses...When she finally got around to sending me my protocol for a second cycle, it was too late for me to arrange for my medications in time...The clinic is very nice with a beautiful waiting room. The exam rooms are pretty average but fine for an ultrasound. They had me in and out of there very quickly with each visit and they usually called back as promised with results of blood work.
2013 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with ACRM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty herself was wonderful. Her nurse, Michelle DeLoach, acted like she didn’t have the patience to be dealing with something so silly as helping someone fulfill a lifelong dream while spending their entire savings.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle DeLoach)
Michelle DeLoach was hardly ever in the office. In fact I would send emails to her for two reasons...1 - to see when she would be back and 2 - to beg for further information. She was not helpful, compassionate and I felt like her emails were restricted to a 140 character limit with her responses.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
She is very warm and welcoming and truly made you feel that she cared. She gave me hope and made me believe we were going to have a baby. I didn’t see her very often but she made up for it when I did see her. She took her time and I never felt rushed. She seemed to really be invested in my life and the outcome of my family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Go ahead and come with all the questions you want to ask. She’s willing to talk through everything.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
For years, she told me to lose weight. I finally got my act together and got my BMI below 30 and she immediately started us with IVF with ICSI, PGS and frozen embryo transfer. We realized I had hydrosalpinx and needed to have my tubes removed before implantation. I am having surgery in July.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
Insurance covered some but PGS testing, cryo and storage, and some medications were extra.
Describe Lisa Hasty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
We have not yet gotten to that stage.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

I was REALLY disappointed with my care at ACRM. They don’t seem to have their act together. This is such a stressful issue, the very least I would expect is for them to have some organization and compassion. And I shouldn’t have to email 3 times to get a response from a nurse. If the policy is to respond to email in 24 hours, actually stick to it, and if you don’t apologize for taking so long to respond. Also...there should be someone somewhere who answers a phone. If a patient is freaking out about finding out what location they were supposed to be at because they don’t call or send reminder/verification messages for appointments, the patient should at least be able to reach a receptionist
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with ACRM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room, when I did my consultation and kept checking her text messages and breaking off while talking to me to do so. She gave me information which later ended up being incorrect, her office canceled my HSG appointment and couldn’t reschedule it so they outsourced me to another place (not one of their locations), they scheduled my initial appointment and didn’t tell me which location (indicated it was with my original location but it was not).
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri was my nurse and abelina was my patient care coordinator)
I was pretty disappointed with their scheduling. My care coordinator was nice, but the office had some serious issues with scheduling. My HSG (which I scheduled at the beginning of my cycle) got cancelled and they couldn’t reschedule - I had to go to Northside Hospital radiology to get it done instead, which was really disappointing
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
At first I liked how she mapped out the course of treatment, but then I found out she told me a lot of wrong information (which medication, antibiotics, which labs they would run and which they wouldn’t because my obgyn had already run, etc).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
If she isn’t paying attention to you, tell her that you are paying for the consultation, you expect her to be present. Also, ask her what you should do if anything changes from what she is telling you along the way (should you tell your nurse, etc)
Describe the protocols Sue Ellen Carpenter used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Initially she told me they would do a base ultrasound on day 3, along with a panel of hormones, etc. She told me she wouldn’t redo tests my doc had already done (she did though because apparently she doesn’t put anything she says in the system). She then told me they would set up the HSG and the MidCycle ultra sound and blood work at the same time and I should take the antibiotic a day before the HSG and continue until I was done with the course (5 days) this changed because she never noted it in my file and forgot what she told me. I would go on letrozole on my 3rd day of my cycle, come in for an iui (maybe do a trigger shot depending on my follicial size st my mid cycle).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
It’s definitely not cheap. It was about 1500 for intial blood work and ultrasound, 1500 for the HSG, 500 for midpoint ultrasound, 499 for iui, etc
Describe Sue Ellen Carpenter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
No idea
Johns Creek

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.

Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall, ACRM is a well-oiled machine. Before going myself, I had read some bad reviews about the clinic along the lines of "it's a fertility factory, and you'll just be a number", so I was a bit apprehensive, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. It's a factory only in the sense that they have everything down to a science. I have never waited more than 15 minutes before being called back for an appointment, and the only time I had to wait 30 minutes on the table for an IUI procedure to be done, a nurse came to check on me and told me that a retrieval was going long and I would be seen shortly, and the doctor apologized profusely as well once he came in. The office is beautiful and clean, and scheduling is a dream. It's so seamless. I've always gotten test results the same day. I get return emails over the weekend. Well oiled machine. The only downside is that it is a big clinic. My doctor works out of two different offices, and I have only seen her in person three times. Both of my IUIs have been performed by random doctors (including a male doctor who I find to be too gruff). I hate not seeing the same doctor and nurses every time, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the smooth experience and excellent care otherwise.
Dr. Calhoun has been fantastic so far. She personally called me with the very surprising news that I was pregnant after my second IUI (I had already started Letrozole for another IUI because earlier bloodwork had indicated I wasn't pregnant), and scheduled a meeting with me the very next day to personally conduct an ultrasound and talk me through what was clearly going to be an early miscarriage. She called me a few days later, and I assumed she had some sort of test result she wanted to share that maybe I didn't know about, and so I asked why she was calling. "Because I'm worried about you!" was her answer. I was totally shocked to have a doctor call just because she cared and wanted to check in with me during a confusing and disappointing situation. She's very kind and warm, but also honest and straightforward. The perfect personality mix for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder)
I really haven't had much interaction with Cailin yet. So far it's been fine, but she really hasn't had much of a chance to be good or bad – she has been responsive and friendly via email, which is huge. I LOVE one of the nurse practitioners Marin (don't think I'm spelling her name right) who has done several ultrasounds for me. It's a big clinic, and I often have random doctors and nurses performing ultrasounds and doing procedures for me (which I don't like), but I'm always happy when I see Marin. I'm THRILLED by how easy scheduling is. It's an absolute delight that I can just send someone an email to get an appointment scheduled, and an hour later, its on the books. It's a far cry from the pain of scheduling appointments with my obgyn before we moved to the big leagues.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun has been such a kind, warm and skillful RE so far. During our very first consultation, she had to break the news to me that residual cysts from a previous clomid cycle would mean I had to wait a month before starting an IUI cycle, and she was straightforward and kind in her delivery. She personally called me when we realized halfway through my third IUI cycle that I was inexplicably pregnant (bloodwork 10 days before showed progesterone of 1, so they had started me on another round of letrozole), and even though she herself was confused about what exactly was going on, she was very kind as she shared that I was most likely experiencing an early miscarriage. She personally conduced an ultrasound the next day so we could learn more and I could ask her questions. She seems genuinely interested in my success and well being. My only con about her is that I've only seen her in person three times. She splits her time between offices, so she has never performed an IUI for me, and it's a little unnerving to not know who I'm going to see. But when sh!t got real (confusing pregnancy/early miscarriage) she was all over it with multiple personal phone calls and a prompt in-person consultation. I'm hopeful about our next steps and feel confident with Dr. Calhoun handling my treatment.
If it's important for you to see her in person at most visits, be willing to go to multiple office locations depending on her schedule.
So far I've done 2.5 IUI cycles with Dr. Calhoun (third got cancelled halfway through.) She's had me do a baseline scan and bloodwork day 2 or 3, then prescribed 5.0mg of letrozole each time, had me do a mid-cycle scan around day 12, and then I've always ovulated on my own, but if I hadn't, I was prepared to do a trigger shot. First one failed outright, second appeared to have failed, but actually resulted in a very early miscarriage, and third got cancelled. I will do one more IUI and then more onto IVF. She is ready for me to go to IVF now, but I want to try one more IUI since #2 technically worked, and she was fine with me trying one more.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
So far each IUI is around 2,000 and we anticipate one round of IVF will be 25,000. Likely an extra 5,000 for genetic testing and 5,000 for additional transfers.
N/A as I haven't moved onto IVF yet
Atlanta Perimeter

The Buckhead clinic [ACRM] is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so. ... Laura [nurse] is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The Buckhead clinic is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so.
While with Dr. Hasty, in a one-on-one appointment, she takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. She also listens to your questions, provides answers, and does not make you feel rushed. The issue is that you as a patient rarely see her! Her nurse practitioner runs everything! The nurse practitioner is wonderful, but when you have not been able to get pregnant for an extensive amount of time, you really want to be seeing the doctor more often!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
She is kind, caring and a great communicator. She is just rarely around. I came to her for IUIs and fertility medication. it is possible she is more involved in IVF, but I wish she would have explained that she would not be the one providing the regular treatments, her nurse practitioner would be, as well as any doctor who happened to be on call on the day of your procedure.
Be more involved in your patient's progress, or lack thereof. When something does not seem to be working for a while, change the course, instead of waiting for the patient to try to track you down. It takes 2 months to get an appointment with her.
She recommended and HCG to ensure tubes were not blocked, and put be on 750 MG of Metformin due to possible PCOS. I did this with timed interocurse for about 6 months. I was then given 5 mg Letrozole/Femara to take days 3-7. Dr. Hasty prefers Letrozole over Clomid due to a lower chance of multiples. I am still taking metformin, and concurrently doing IUI. I have done this 3 times. Last month was the first time I also used an HCG trigger shot for ovulation. I am continuing the same for this 4th cycle.
IUI with frozen sample: $470 Monitoring ultrasound and blood work: $300-500
We have not yet discussed embryo transfers.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

ACRM is the most organized clinic I've ever been to. Everything is carefully planned out, with lots of helpful paperwork and info for every step of the fertility process. When you walk into the office, it is a relaxing and positive environment. ... The nurses are very good at getting back to me. Every email I send gets returned by one of the nurses. They are helpful in answering questions I have in between appointments.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Fogle spent time getting to know me and my husband in a consultation, before talking to us about our options. She is empathetic when delivering test results, but also clear about what needs to be done.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is very empathetic, and delivers test results with a mixture of honesty and compassion. It is this combination that makes her an excellent doctor when dealing with this medical specialty, since for many fertility patients, time is against us. I like to ask a lot of questions and take notes, and Dr. Fogle does a great job translating medical jargon into decipherable information that I can understand. She seems to be more a proponent for traditional forms of fertility care (Clomid, IUI, IVF) and less supportive of nontraditional forms (acupuncture, herbal supplements).
I would take Dr. Fogle's advice, since she is an expert in her field, but also listen to your own instincts on trying nontraditional forms of fertility such as acupuncture.
We are trying IUI and letrozole this cycle. We will do two rounds of this treatment strategy. If these are unsuccessful, I will start IVF. Since I am a teacher with a limited salary, we don't know if IVF is a viable option for us financially. But we really want a baby, and are willing to do what it takes to have a family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
So far, with consultation, blood work, and HSG, the total is $1500. We are doing IUI this month, which will be $1900, and then after that, IVF will be $24,000.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Sometimes the front staff [ACRM] can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. ... The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) ... Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Sometimes the front staff can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.
She was always very calm and reassuring during my visits. I do wish there was greater attention on my case and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) However, they were very responsive to emails and I learned to have them address my concerns via email.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and kind but I wish there were greater attention to my case. I saw her *maybe* once a month during monitoring appointments so I did not feel like she was really involved or even really appraised of how the treatments were going.
Be prepared to really advocate for yourself.
I started with timed intercourse and clomid bc I have PCOS. After getting no results, I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it was recommended that I try IUI. I began to have reactions to clomid, so asked to try another medication, femara, but it did not work well for regulating my cycle. At one point it made me ovulate very early and honestly wished they had recommended that we cancel that IUI bc it was not optimal timing or follicle quality. The treatments are pricey and we felt like that one was a waste.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The ladies at ACRM (especially Cailin) ate amazing. They answer all my questions in a timely manner. They provide quality information and try to work my appointments around my work schedule.... ACRM wants you to be successful. I feel their strengths are that they aren't pushing into their own agenda, they want you to be comfortable with the treatments they suggest. My insurance covered most of the tests, and none of the treatment costs. They helped provide me with support group information. I don't have any weakness es As have had a great experience.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
She cried with me when I had an ectopic and celebrated when we got positive results!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailyn )
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun has always been open, honest and compassionate. I feel that we WILL be successful in her care. She has answered all 1000 questions in a timely manner. I have requested certain tests for my own peace of mind that she gladly performed (even if it wasn't necessary). She listens to my requests and concerns. When I had to end an ectopic pregnancy for my own health, she cried with me.
Be open to suggestions and listen to all the information before you start asking questions. (Most of the time, she will address it before you do.)
Our strategy is to get pregnant and stay pregnant. We tried Clomid (twice) which both times ended up as a chemical pregnancy. We then tried a trigger shot, which produced an ectopic. The ectpoic (along with PCOS) clogged my tubes so we will move on to IVF in March 2019.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
For the past year we have spend $4000 in treatments and testing.
She has given us the choice, but has suggested eSET.
Atlanta Perimeter

after retrieving only 4 eggs [at ACRM] we didn’t have any make it to blast. We’re now beginning our second round of IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur and micro dose Lupron...Tulsi [nurse] was responsive and compassionate and I’m so glad that we had her on our team...Medically they always took great care of me, they called me with my test updates on time and were accommodating when I needed to adjust timing and protocols as a result of unexpected life things happening along the way. Additionally, the offer a free support group each week for patients and once I started attending I found it to be so helpful.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I felt complete confidence in this clinic from day one. Medically they always took great care of me, they called me with my test updates on time and were accommodating when I needed to adjust timing and protocols as a result of unexpected life things happening along the way. Additionally, the offer a free support group each week for patients and once I started attending I found it to be so helpful.
We never felt rushed with him and he made it feel like he truly cared about our situation. He answered all our questions and explained things to us in great detail. His approach was the perfect mix of fact and feeling for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi )
Tulsi was responsive and compassionate and I’m so glad that we had her on our team.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Upon our first meeting with Dr Denis we felt very comfortable talking with him about our situation. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and to walk through a lot of info and data that made us much more aware of all our options and what course of action would be best for us. While we didn’t see him for every appointment I knew that he was being kept up to date on our treatment by the great team of nurses. When we did experience a loss he was compassionate and it felt like he was right there on this journey with us.
Take advantage of the time you get with him and ask all the questions. Come prepared with questions so that you can make the most of his knowledge.
We did Clomid with IUI the first time around and got a negative test - but learned my progesterone was low. With progesterone supplements I got pregnant the next try with Clomid and timed intercourse (we had a vacation planned so we couldn’t do the IUI), however we lost that pregnancy at 10.5 weeks. We then graduated to IVF in the hopes of finding a good egg as we knew I wasn’t infertile with Gonal-F, Menopur, Omnitrope and Novarel - but after retrieving only 4 eggs we didn’t have any make it to blast. We’re now beginning our second round of IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur and micro dose Lupron.
We haven’t gotten there yet.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

It [ACRM] is beautiful and flexible but they are very unorganized. They have messed up a few times when ordering blood draws and when billing, etc. They are nice but you have to advocate for everything.... Some were really sweet and some where down right rude and one almost messed up a cycle by not calling in my perscription in time. One who is no longer there was amazing but the one who helped me during my last iui was unwittingly unsensitive when she wrote to me in an email that she would see me on x date to confirm pregnancy
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It is beautiful and flexible but they are very unorganized. They have messed up a few times when ordering blood draws and when billing, etc. They are nice but you have to advocate for everything. They also didn't do the best explaining what was going on or why I was being charged the way I was being charged.
Some were really sweet and some where down right rude and one almost messed up a cycle by not calling in my perscription in time. One who is no longer there was amazing but the one who helped me during my last iui was unwittingly unsensitive when she wrote to me in an email that she would see me on x date to confirm pregnancy, which really messed with me emotionally.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I like that she seems agressive in trying things and changing things up but her bed side manner is terrible, she is very brusque and said things like, all the numbers say you should be pregnant but your not, like she has no clue that the numbers arent the whole story. I also thought I was getting all the explanation and options but when talking to others Im starting to think she didnt.
Advocate and do a ton of research because she'll help you get it done but may not bring it up
Her strategy was to use hormones to get me to ovulate (which I did on both Clomid and Letrozole) and then do an iui. The first two iuis were with clomid and no trigger (bec I didn't need) neither resulted in pregnany. Then we did two with Letrozole and a steroid, one with a trigger and one was too late for a trigger. The first, number wise looked great but didn't work, I'm waiting on my last one now. We do have male factor and the numbers werent great and I kept asking if iui made sense bec one of the doctors doing the iui didnt seem to think so and Dr. Carpenter seemed to not feel one way or another about it which was very confusing. Hoping #4 made it happen.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
ACRM Buckhead facility is new and modern. Scheduling an appointment is typically easy and their hours of operation are friendly to the working professional. When working with this clinic, you will deal more with the care team and not as much directly with the doctor...There were times that I wish I was given more information. For example, they would schedule an appointment but I wasn't informed on what type of appointment or what to expect at the appointment unless I asked. Blood test results were communicated as normal but I would have to follow up for specifics. Overall the team was friendly, I just wished for more detailed communication.
European, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Hasty is very compassionate. While I didn't actually interact with her often during treatment, when I did I felt as though she was familiar with who I was and my file.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty is compassionate and caring physician. During consultations with her I felt she was very thorough and familiar with my file. Unfortunately, my interactions with her were very limited and I dealt more with the nurse staff.
If you are looking for a lot of direct communication and expect to see your doctor during most appointments, this may not be the right decision. That said, the Dr. Hasty is very knowledgeable and will put you at ease when you do see her.
Prescribed Metformin as my labs favored PCOS. Two cycles of Letrozole and cycle timing. Two IUIs, one of which produced a chemical pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My insurance didn't cover anything so I paid out of pocket for everything. I believe an IUI cycle was roughly $1,500.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

The nurses [at ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] were very organized and professional in the office. However patient outreach and compassion for patients personal situations were not taken into account. We received very little communication from the office In terms of updates.... This clinic very much runs like a corporate office. Payment and scheduling is very mechanical, not at all personal. On the other hand it is very organized and the facilities are very clean. The setting is professional, but not personal.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
interfacing with the doctor was very personable and all the information about testing and procedure was thoroughly explained. However this particular clinic did not put in much effort in terms of outreach when we were in testing. No updates or inquiry as to what happening with us. All contact was left completely up to us. We feel this was due to a lack of sensitivity to our financial situation, in that we didn't have money to complete the entire process from start to finish.
The nurses were very organized and professional in the office. However patient outreach and compassion for patients personal situations were not taken into account. We received very little communication from the office In terms of updates.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle was very outgoing and friendly. She was clear in explaining the testing process and procedure. She decided on an appropriate course of action according to our specific situation and kept a very positive attitude.
To come with money for the entire procedure. To pay in segment becomes complicated.
Robin analyzed our specific situation by looking into our medical history, based on her findings she recommended certain testing to ensure our eligibility for testing and gave us her opinion on success rates of patients with similar medical issues. Dr. Fogle customized a treatment plan and for us with future trials taken into account.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
This clinic is expensive, and no consultation, test or treatment goes unpaid before the next can begin. Very difficult for financially troubled people to work with.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
It’s [ACRM- Atl Perimeter] very busy - but it’s easy to get an appointment when you need it. They’ve got it down to a science! There are also several campuses so if you’re unable to get into one office, you can likely get in to another - even at a moment’s notice.... he nurses always returned my calls or emails within a few hours. My primary nurse talked to me twice on the day of my miscarriage and called back the day after to check on me.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It’s very busy - but it’s easy to get an appointment when you need it. They’ve got it down to a science! There are also several campuses so if you’re unable to get into one office, you can likely get in to another - even at a moment’s notice.
Dr. Carpenter is phenomenal at balancing the hard facts of infertility with the compassion needed to deliver those facts. She doesn’t sugarcoat things but is very compassionate in how she relates to her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Bernice)
The nurses always returned my calls or emails within a few hours. My primary nurse talked to me twice on the day of my miscarriage and called back the day after to check on me.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
She was hopeful that we would have success - and we did get pregnant. When I saw her in the middle of my miscarriage, she took extra time with me to make sure I knew it wasn’t my fault and that I was doing everything right. She was so incredibly compassionate on the worst day of my life - so glad she is my doctor.
While she is compassionate, she does not sugarcoat facts...which to me, is the best combination. She is straight forward with your chances of success but will do everything to help you have that success.
We had one successful pregnancy after a round of femara and are now awaiting our first IUI due to endometriosis. We are hopeful the femara with IUI will be successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
So far, we have only been though one treatment with femara in which case the specialist copay is all that has been required so far. She did, however, give us a cost estimate for our IUI process.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I am currently opting to proceed with Egg Donation. While I was told the Bank was "in-house," [at ACRM] I was not informed about the low census, even after expressing the characteristics my husband and I are seeking. The profiles available are extremely limited (ie 2 Caucasian donors) - and I was not able to even access that information until I paid a non-refundable $400. Very disappointing and misleading.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
STRENGTHS I really like Dr. Robin Fogle and that is the reason I have decided to continue my care at ACRM. Another strength is the surgery staff. The doctors and nurses made me feel comfortable during invasive, nerve-wracking procedures. They were informative, positive and compassionate after each retrieval, transfer and termination. WEAKNESSES The support staff in the office seem more concerned with payment, and in such a sensitive line of work, that is off-putting. While it is a business, there is a way to conduct it in a dignified manner. Expect to wait for your appointment, each and every time. A more effective way to streamline clients would be beneficial to patient satisfaction. The shots are consuming alone, so the less time interrupting one's work schedule for blood work/doctor visits would relieve some stress. Getting in touch with someone regarding protocol outside clinic hours is not easy. Seeing as the IVF process is not a 9-5 endeavor, there needs to be more responsive staff available outside "normal" business hours. One of my cycles was drastically changed because of a need to clean the ACRM Lab. I was already in the middle of my protocol when I was informed of this, and was given the option to cancel the cycle or double some medications to speed up the process and make the deadline before the cleaning. Pharmacy is very expensive and had I been informed I would have opted to wait until the Annual Lab cleaning was complete. Seems like that would have been on the calendar for ACRM for some time. As a result of the drastic change, that cycle was not successful. My body was so out of whack, I ovulated early. It was a complete waste of time and money. I am currently opting to proceed with Egg Donation. While I was told the Bank was "in-house," I was not informed about the low census, even after expressing the characteristics my husband and I are seeking. The profiles available are extremely limited (ie 2 Caucasian donors) - and I was not able to even access that information until I paid a non-refundable $400. Very disappointing and misleading.
Dr. Fogle has a warm personality and I felt like she really listened to me and was invested in my desire to build a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha Middlebrook )
My nurse/care coordinator Mikesha communicated effectively and with compassion. The surgery staff were exemplary and sent me a card after my miscarriage.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle did not relay a risk in unfreezing embryos in the lab. We lost the one embryo we had put our hopes in due to it not surviving thawing. Because we did not realize this would be a possibility, we were blown out of the water by this loss.
Dr. Fogle is very compassionate. You would benefit from asking more technical questions every visit. Such as: "What's next? What are the risks? Is this what you expected?"
Testosterone priming seemed to be beneficial in my cycles. Low-dose hormones did not work. That protocol was not productive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I have spent at least 30,000 for three rounds of treatment with Dr. Fogle. My insurance only covers a percentage of treatment, so this has been a major expense.
Atlanta Perimeter

The great thing about ACRM is that they are open 7 days a week so you are always able to get in for monitoring.... Laura [a nurse] is easily accessible and very knowledgable. She is typically quick to respond and in the case that she is OOO, there is always someone you can reach out to in her absence.... We did 4 rounds of medicated IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. We got pregnant on our second round but that resulted in a MC. After the MC we did two more round and then decided to move on to IVF. We did our retrieval a couple of weeks ago. Protocol was Menopur and Gonal F, with a dual trigger of Leupron and HCG. We were not given rationale for this protocol, but I will say that I never felt any discomfort during stims and I came nowhere near OHSS, despite the fact that I have 15 (or so) follicles.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Having only been to one clinic, it is tough to call out strengths or weaknesses. That said, I have enjoyed me experience with Dr Hasty's office and staff and would recommend it to someone who is beginning their journey and looking for answers.
Dr. Hasty's bedside manner is amazing. She is encouraging, kind and patient. After leaving my initial consult, I felt like she was completely invested in helping us conceive. Every visit I have had with her since (and there have been several) has been the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura is easily accessible and very knowledgable. She is typically quick to respond and in the case that she is OOO, there is always someone you can reach out to in her absence.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
I love Dr Hasty. She is a kind and compassionate Dr who genuinely makes you feel supported and like you have a good chance at being a mother. She spends time explaining they basics (and beyond) and never makes you feel rushed or like she does not have time.
Prepare all of your questions and do your SART research.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
We are luck to have insurance coverage for the procedures. That said, when all is said and done, we will likely still pay about $10K OOP.
None yet - we have not done our transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
The practice [ACRM] does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially...they take insurance...was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind...The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American, Native American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Yes, they take insurance. Yes, they do a money back program. Everybody here is really nice. The office is very comfortable. There is a parking lot. The office is not difficult to find. Getting an appointment isn’t difficult. Everybody here is very kind so don’t worry!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jim Toner at ACRM?
ACRM was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind. Dr. Toner took the time to listen to what I was saying and really answer our questions. He was also prompt about following up with emails when I had additional questions after appointments. I felt he genuinely cared about my input and like it was a team effort to grow our family and my husband and I have both felt very comfortable at all times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
All of the staff have been great. The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
Dr. Toner listens very well. He doesn’t come off as “too good” to talk to you. He makes the somewhat awkward conversations that come with infertility feel effortless not intrusive. If you have questions come prepared with them or email him after and he is quick to respond.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jim Toner at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions he will thoroughly answer them all.
Describe the protocols Jim Toner used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We did a cycle of Femara. We decided against IUI for the cycle hoping everything would happen on its own. He was frank with us when he said that there wasn’t much chance and IVF was a better route for us due to the stage of my endometriosis. We had labs and ultrasounds throughout. Everything looked great but no pregnancy. At least we were prepared for that, though, since he had been very up front about what he thought our chances were. He was also very positive about moving forward with further treatment and caring. When we found we could get IVF for lower cost elsewhere he also agreed to do our monitoring so it could be made more affordable for us. Highly recommend him.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
My insurance paid for some things. My femara cycle I had to pay for bloodwork and part of my meds and it was about $1,000 after insurance.
Describe Jim Toner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
The practice does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially. He only does multiple transfers after several failed cycles or after a certain maternal age. I think this makes good sense medically since it lowers risk of complications for mom and baby and since the risk for identical twins is still higher even with that eSET.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jim Toner at ACRM.

[ACRM was] Excellent overall. Though I only had experience with one doctor and clinical team, I did have intermittent interaction with some of the other doctors and nurses who were all helpful and caring. Even coordinating billing/financial aspects of it was very smooth and he billing department was easy to get in touch with and work with you to figure out any issues...Our IVF cycle was uncomplicated- I don’t remember the exactly medications but everything seemed to work just as planned.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The experience was very personal. She remembered details about my husband and my lives outside of the fertility world and asked questions/showed interest in really getting to know us. She always seemed genuinely invested in our process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
90% of the time the communication was excellent. There were times she would not respond for several days to my emails which was frustrating st times but overall was a good experience
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr Calhoun is amazing. She made the experience so person and did not make us feel like just another couple trying to conceive. She remembered details about our lives and asked/expressed interest in really getting to know us. When we completed our initial extensive testing she explained everything in great detail on a level that was extremely easy to understand and we had a plan outlined for us based on those results. We saw her at every appointment throughout our IVF cycle and she was available if needed by phone to answer any questions or discuss anything that our nurse couldn’t. She was, in my opinion, the type of person you’d want leading you through this difficult and typically lengthy process.
Be patient. It is a difficult and lengthy journey most of the time but Dr Calhoun will be with you every step of the way and truly cares to see you end up with a positive outcome.
I don’t remember exactly. I initially took clomid but prior to my IUI that cycle she noticed the endometrial lining of my uterus was too thin so the IUI was cancelled and I was switched to another medication with worked well. We did 2 unsuccessful IUIs and Dr Calhoun was very honest to tell us she didn’t see any benefit in continuing with IUIs because given our fertility issue the chance of it working was slim to none and she felt as though we would be wasting our money to continue. Our IVF cycle was uncomplicated- I don’t remember the exactly medications but everything seemed to work just as planned.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
I don’t remember specifics- but our total IVF cycle with meds was around $20,000. IUIs were around $500 each time I believe. They also charged between $100-300 for ultrasound monitoring and several hundred for blood work monitoring each time.
She strongly recommended a single embryo transfer given my younger age and higher chance of success at the time.
Atlanta Perimeter

[ACRM-Atlanta Perimeter is] a very well oiled machine. They always get me in and out very quickly, I’m rarely there start to finish longer than 30 minutes. The staff is all kind and very friendly. The blood draw nurses make me feel at ease and all the doctors are kind and very knowledgeable. They answer all my questions and make me feel confident...She [nurse] is very communicative and prompt at responding to voicemails and email...It’s around $1700 per cycle of IUI before insurance.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It’s a very well oiled machine. They always get me in and out very quickly, I’m rarely there start to finish longer than 30 minutes. The staff is all kind and very friendly. The blood draw nurses make me feel at ease and all the doctors are kind and very knowledgeable. They answer all my questions and make me feel confident.
She thoroughly explains everything and has met with me multiple times throughout the process to make sure we are on the same page. She speaks to you with empathy and a problem solving attitude. She makes you feel like you don’t have to worry because she has everything under control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Bernice Allen)
She is very communicative and prompt at responding to voicemails and email.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I like that she checks in with her patients regularly throughout the process. There was an error with some bloodwork testing in the lab which delayed our first IUI cycle by a full month. She took full ownership even though it wasn’t her mistake. She even made our first IUI cycle free and covered the cost of the testing that had the error. I feel this speaks to her character and desire to make her patients happy. We didn’t ask for her to cover the cost so we very much appreciated that she did.
This process is not easy. You have to go into it 100% commited to the process. Be ready for many many visits to the clinic! But also be prepared to have a knowledgeable, empathic doctor who will advocate for you.
I’ve done two IUI’s. She has me get a baseline ultrasound and tests my estrogen. I then go on clomid (2 pills a day, for 5 days). I go back for another ultrasound that determines the day of the trigger shot. I have my IUI the day after the trigger shot. I haven’t needed additional progesterone so far. No pregnancies yet but the success rates typically go up the more you do IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
It’s around $1700 per cycle of IUI before insurance. Testing costs vary and I can’t remember at this point.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
This clinic [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] is amazing. Everyone on the team and partner doctors make a great effort to stay informed of each patient. Information is shared very well with partner doctors if your main is unavailable... Very organized. Considerate of each patient. Beautiful facility. Consistent across all other locations. I always know what to expect. Staff is amazing!! Consistent. Thorough. The nurses and partner doctors take excellent notes so no matter if I see my normal doctor or not, the treatment continues well and with ease.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
This clinic is amazing. Everyone on the team and partner doctors make a great effort to stay informed of each patient. Information is shared very well with partner doctors if your main is unavailable. Calhoun is honest but so compassionate. She makes me feel very comfortable and informed. Love her!! She takes time to explain all the details and her team is consistently on top of my schedule.
They consistently follow up with me on my progress, test results, appointments, lab results, everything. They communicate with me directly and efficiently. Always with compassion and professionalism.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is amazing. She’s thoughtful yet tactfully direct. She fully explains treatment options and what’s best for you specifically. She doesn’t just loop you in with the stats but really takes a full, wholistic approach to individual treatment needs.
Ask questions. Trust the process.
Diet adjustment for PCOS; letrozole with dexamethazone; we added to the dosage with each cycle to get me ovulating properly; added trigger shot; added IUI step; then added IVF consult pending this last try for IUI doesn’t work.
1300 for an IUI cycle; 600-1000 for medicated natural cycles; 10-20k IVF

1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Working full-time, I was concerned about flexibility. I was worried I had to go to the Buckhead office [of ACRM] instead of Perimeter which was on my way to work. But the clinic was flexible, and I was in-and-out of my appointments so that I could still make it to work on-time.... My nurse and care coordinator were excellent. They have been accommodating, encouraging... they have been our cheerleaders as Dr. Denis has as well.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Working full-time, I was concerned about flexibility. I was worried I had to go to the Buckhead office instead of Perimeter which was on my way to work. But the clinic was flexible, and I was in-and-out of my appointments so that I could still make it to work on-time.
Dr. Denis has made this whole IVF process bearable. We started the process to undergo IVF PGD/PGS after our son was diagnosed with Cystic Firlbrosis. Because of what he has to go through every day, we decided we wanted to grow our family, but we didn’t want to bring another child into this world to battle the disease. The risk just wasn’t worth it. Before the egg retrieval, I was a nervous wreck. I despise needles and became incredibly unnerved. However, Dr. Denis has this amazing way of just calming his patients down and setting expectations. There were times my husband and I felt anxious, frustrated, but we would meet with Dr. Denis and felt so at ease. We feel that without him, and his encouraging team, the process has been one we have thoroughly enjoyed.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr. Denis is passionate about reproductive medicine. You can immediately tell he takes great joy helping families. Dr. Denis takes the time to explain the process thoroughly, what to expect, and has this way of just making you feel like everything is all right.
You are in the best hands with Dr. Denis. If you’re feeling anxious, or have a list of questions, Dr. Denis will sit down with you and show you every facet of the process in a calm manner.
The strategy was not to overstimulate me because we were able to conceive naturally. However, we wanted to get enough eggs so that we had a good sized sample to grow to the blastocyst stage and from there, send to biopsy. Once the results came in, we moved forward with preparing my body for transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
The monitoring appointments were set according to windows. It was helpful because it allowed me to set expectations with my boss at work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We unfortunately had to pay most of our IVF our-of-pocket because our insurance doesn’t cover it. So, we have spent between $25,000 - $30,000.
In my case, identical twins run in my family. So, we whole heartedly agreed to do a single transfer to avoid the risk of triplets or even quadruplets.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

They [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
Dr. Calhoun is very smart. However, at ACRM they are very clinical. The whole process feels like a laboratory experiment. They have a protocol for everything and there isn't much deviation from the protocol, regardless of individual situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
They didn't seem to communicate with each other. I called the care coordinator with my negative pregnancy test results and the next day the nurse called to ask if I had any results. They are also VERY hard to get a hold of. Reaching someone is an all day process.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and able to explain the science in an understandable way. However, she has some weaknesses. First, a lot of expensive tests are performed. I have been to 3 different fertility doctors and I know that all the tests are not necessary every time. I live almost 2 hours from the clinic and being required to come in so frequently really disrupts my work schedule and it costs a lot of money. They like to perform the tests so they have data. Second, she is quick to move to more invasive procedures like IVF, ignoring when I tell her I can't afford it right now. Finally, she was extremely insensitive regarding a potentially blocked tube. Instead of listening to my concerns and working with me to come up with a solution, she became scientific and spoke about removing both tubes which would make pregnancy without IVF impossible for the rest of my life. This is very distressing to a person navigating infertility. I went to another doctor who performed a test finding both tubes were open and healthy which indicates that there was no need for her to resort to such scare tactics.
Do your research and don't be afraid to get a second opinion.
We did 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days and then an IUI, but she wasn't hopeful (I am a great candidate for IUI) and spoke of moving to IVF before the IUI even occurred.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
$1750 each IUI cycle not including the medication and multiple different blood test.
Atlanta Perimeter

The clinic [ACRM] is very knowledgeable and has a good reputation. They worked with me on scheduling and even did some phone consultations with me. They were all very informative and showed genuine care and concern for me. They were sensitive to my needs while also straight-forward so I understand exactly what was best for me. The only weakness I would say is that I didn't seem to get as much assistance from the finance team as I needed.
European, Native American, Other
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is very knowledgeable and has a good reputation. They worked with me on scheduling and even did some phone consultations with me. They were all very informative and showed genuine care and concern for me. They were sensitive to my needs while also straight-forward so I understand exactly what was best for me. The only weakness I would say is that I didn't seem to get as much assistance from the finance team as I needed.
The Dr and assistants seemed to genuinely have an interest in my needs and issues. They explained things in the amount of detail needed for me. They took as much time as needed to answer questions. The only reason that I didn't rate the highest rating is that while they did great in person, it was sometimes difficult to get responses over the phone. However, it is disclosed that the phone is not the best method of communication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mirrin Reagan)
All of the staff that I communicated with was very helpful (with one exception). I spoke with Donna Jackson, Megan Barbrow, Vanessa Otamendi, and Michelle Johnson and they were all very helpful. The one exception was the initial finance person that I spoke to. I cannot remember his name but he was a man and was no longer there the last time I
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle was very informative. She spoke to me in layman's terms as much as possible so I would understand. She would listen to my questions/concerns and base her discussion on that. She explained the process very well and was straightforward with the information I needed to know, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.
Feel confident that she will be straightforward with your options and not give you false hope.
I did not reach the point to actually go through a cycle. I was diagnosed with diminished Ovarian reserve and therefore my only option was to do donor egg. While I had several testing procedures done, I did not go through any treatments. I was ready to schedule the IVF with donor egg until I was unable to continue due to running out of funds. Dr. Fogle did give me a protocol to follow with some vitamins and supplements and medicines that would help for when I was ready. I was given details about the process I would go through as well as a pamphlet of information that I was able to take with me so that I would know exactly what my next steps were.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I spent approximately $2500 on initial testing and visits. This was out of pocket as my insurance covered some of it. I was given a chart of what procedures I would need to go through for one embryo transfer using donor egg. This was approximately $18,000. I was unable to move forward with that cost and did not look into financing options yet.
Dr. Fogle did have a preference to do only one embryo transfer. She explained that the process they go through before the transfer ensures that only the healthiest embryos are used. She also explained the problems that could arise if multiple embryos are used and result in multiple babies.

Describe your experience with ACRM.
I honestly love ACRM. The only person I ever felt slighted by or had a problem with was the financial counselor. I would have questions and it would take her days to respond. She was a little snappy and just not friendly. When you’re spending $20k out of pocket I guess I expect a different level of service. Other than that the clinic is very organized! They get you in and out and stick to your appointment time. During monitoring appointments I saw Dr. Hasty a few times and she was an absolute delight. Dr. Fogle did both of my retrieval’s and I always felt comfortable with her and Dr. Keegan did a fibroid surgery I had to have. All of them were great!
Dr. Denis had terrific bedside manner. He was always prepared to see us and would in depth explain our procedures. We really felt like he was rooting for us to have a baby.
I loved Tulsi (primary nurse) and raquel (patient care coordinator). She always got back to me right away and if it was something I was freaking out about she would forward to the other nurse or respond on her day off. There was no question to dumb.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
He was kind, prepared, and genuinely wanted to help us achieve our #1 goal of having a baby. He never rushed us and always answered every question we had. He never pushed protocols on us but have us options so we could make the decision. When our first and second transfer didn’t work he wanted us to take as long as we needed. He was always sympathetic and knew just how heartbreaking the process was.
You don’t have to walk in as an assisted reproductive technology pro. He will give you your options and let you make the decision. There were so many times I remember him saying this is a personal decision that I can’t make for you. Also, be prepared with questions. If you have them he will take the time to answer them.
I’m unsure the name of the protocol.but I was on menopur (2 vials daily and 375 iu of Gonal f. I then added cetrotide between day 6 and 8 and triggered the night before. What’s listed above was for my second retrieval because I handled the first so well they almost doubled my meds to see if we could get even more eggs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We did have some insurance coverage but a lot was paid out of pocket. Close to 20k for 2 full cycles.
My doctor was very honest that with my age being under 35 I did not need to transfer more than one embryo. Because of the strong possibility of multiples we always listened to him.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

Testing done by the clinic [ACRM-Atlanta] gave us insight into why we were unsuccessful on our own. The Perimeter location is improved after they moved to floor 6. Parking and entering the campus where the facility is located is annoying due to construction in the area.... I did go through 3 different primary nurses while under Dr. Fogle's care. However, each nurse was fantastic. They were prompt with responses, skilled with their care and informative. My care coordinator was Vanessa and was the best ever.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
We had success before we went the IVF route but I trusted Dr. Fogle and her staff 100%. Testing done by the clinic gave us insight into why we were unsuccessful on our own. The Perimeter location is improved after they moved to floor 6. Parking and entering the campus where the facility is located is annoying due to construction in the area.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
I did go through 3 different primary nurses while under Dr. Fogle's care. However, each nurse was fantastic. They were prompt with responses, skilled with their care and informative. My care coordinator was Vanessa and was the best ever. She was prompt, professional and caring. She juggled the schedule changes we had without any complaint. My only complaint would be about the staff doing the blood draws. The overall care provided by acrm was outstanding and the blood draw staff was in stark contrast to that. Although they weren't rude, they also were not friendly or warm. The blood draws were often rough and I bruised after several.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr Fogle was fantastic. She reviewed our history and discussed test results with us. Together we decided on a treatment plan. Although she wanted to go to IVF with PGS to get us the best results, she was supportive when we suggested a less aggressive route. She altered her treatment based on my outcomes. When I had a pregnancy that developed into a MMC, along the way Dr Fogle was kind and honest. She supported my emotional distress and then was like a cheerleader when we had success later.
Letrozole and timed intercourse worked for us as I was ovulating but had a poor or weak ovulation. Dr. Fogle treated my low progesterone in my MMC cycle.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Both nurses [at ACRM] seem knowledgeable and answered emails and questions on an ongoing basis. The nursing staff is overall good and responsive but can sometimes take long to call with results...I wish they were more proactive in their recommendations. We were told that my husband's sperm was perfect with "slightly lower motility than needed" but that it wasn't an issue and we shouldn't concern with it, only to find out after our 2nd miscarriage, that he has a DNA fragmentation issue.
Latino, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is organized, clean, and offers various locations for convenience of the patients. The nurses are good and responsive and the doctors are knowledgeable. The patient coordinators do a good job at knowing your cycle and when to schedule the different tests and appointments. The admin and finance staff could be better though. The OR at ACRM is top notch! I would definitely recommend them, from the nurses to the people doing follow ups. They were compassionate and clearly cared about the patients.
Dr. Fogle took the time to answer questions and explain things to us as we are informed patients. She also repeatedly reminded me that our prognosis wasn't as bad as I thought. She also performed a D&C after our miscarriage and was kind when I woke up from the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Barbrow and Suzanne Lloyd)
Megan and Suzanne are two nurses at ACRM and both are good communicators. Megan is a bit more responsive. Both nurses seem knowledgeable and answered emails and questions on an ongoing basis. The nursing staff is overall good and responsive but can sometimes take long to call with results. Our patient care coordinator is Vanessa Otamendi. She is really nice and very responsive as well. Some members of the staff taking care of blood work and other jobs besides communicating with the patients could use better bedside manner.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is knowledgeable and doesn't rush through the appointments like other doctors I've had. She asks questions, is direct, eloquent and uses clear language while giving enough information in a non-condescending way. We are patients that do research and come up with multiple questions; she has addressed them with patience. However, she didn't inform us about the risk of not obtaining a result upon sending the products of conception for genetic testing, and in my opinion, represented that there wasn't a male factor in our journey, when it was found later that there was upon doing further testing. I believe we should've been warned that a test was missing that could show more later if we decided or needed to do it. For a long time, we assumed that we only had one issue and didn't work on improving the male factor. Dr. Fogle has an approachable personality. I would recommend her and for the time being intend to continue treatment with her.
Ask enough questions and be your own advocate. Dr. Fogle will listen and take your opinion into consideration.
We did two medicated cycles with Clomid under Dr. Fogle's treatment and one IUI (actually performed by Dr. Hasty in ACRM). Looking back, the IUI should've perhaps been cancelled because husband was traveling on the more ideal day but she took in consideration our opinion and we didn't want to "waste a cycle." These treatments resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Fogle also performed a HSG and HSC (actually performed by Dr. Keenan). Upon getting pregnant naturally, Dr. Fogle performed ultrasounds and adjusted my synthroid dose from 75 MCG to 88 MCG after I asked for my TSH to be checked again. She also adjusted my progesterone dose upon my request. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. After our second miscarriage (first under her care), she recommended a number of tests including karyotypes, glucose tolerance test, SCSA, and more. Dr. Fogle has reviewed the supplements I am taking (Vitamin D, DHEA, Coq10, Fish Oil, Dim Detox, L'arginine, Magnesium, Acai Berry) and adjusted some doses. She is also recommending a mini-stims IVF cycle with ICSI. We plan to start this next month.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
We've paid out of pocket for fertility treatments since our insurance doesn't cover them. Diagnostic tests are covered. We believe that 1 appointment wasn't coded right as we were still discussing options and it was coded as IVF appointment because Dr. Fogle did provide the protocol she would suggest. However, we were still in a diagnostic stage. ACRM isn't particularly affordable but such is the cost of medicine in the US.
Dr. Fogle and her clinic (ACRM) have a clear policy to only transfer 1 embryo.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM.

Efficiency is their top strength in my book! The clinic [ACRM] understands and values your time while not making it seem like a factory at the same time. Everyone has been so kind and caring...Many of the things I found Dr. Denis encouraged such as acupuncture and the use of CoQ10 for egg health. Testosterone was also part of my protocol again, due to poor ovarian reserve. Hearing “you’re a success story” at my follow up appointment after the retrieval was all I needed to be a believer in each of those things!
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Efficiency is their top strength in my book! The clinic understands and values your time while not making it seem like a factory at the same time. Everyone has been so kind and caring. Greeting you as you walk in and out of the door and in the hallways. I can’t say enough things about the clinic!
From the moment I met Dr. Denis everything changed. One month earlier I had been turned away by another RE and told to pursue donor eggs. This encounter was definetly the most positive experience I’ve had in our 5 year journey. He said “ it’s 2017...we will get you a family” after he discussed in great detail our options while also ensuring he didn’t give us false hope. Those words gave me hope again after it had all been ripped away!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Kent)
Efficient is he vest way to describe the clinic staff. My protocol required weekend appointments which are not favorable, however, they value your time and I was in and out in no time! Each time I’ve been to the clinic is see familiar faces. That in itself is important to me!
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I was diagnosed with endometriosis in February 2017, had laproscopy surgery in May and was given the “there is nothing more we can do” in November. This was my experience prior to finding ACRM and Dr. Denis. We made the long drive to Atlanta expecting similar results, fortunately, that wasn’t the case. Dr. Denis clearly provided us with our options but was very clear to not give us false hope. In that appointment we found hope again that had been ripped away just the month before. Considering my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis and poor ovarian reserve, Dr. Denis provided us the option to do the most aggressive protocol of IVF and hope for the best. In February 2018, we completed our egg retrieval and now have three grade 1 frozen embryos! More than once Dr. Denis reminded us to make the decision that was best for us and that would leave us with no regrets. I feel that with his guidance we made the right decision and will continue to do so. He is most concerned with giving us that family we want not just treating the diagnoses or getting one healthy baby. His plans for ensuring we have our future family go above and beyond what I could have ever imagined! I’m so grateful for him overlooking statistics and taking a chance on us! Because of this I will be eternally grateful for his care regardless of our end result. Dr. Denis cares about people and it is obvious is his every day care!
Remember...no regrets. IVF and Infertility care in general is not easy by any means. Dr. Denis has given us multiple opportunities to make decisions, which are not always easy, but he encouraged us to really think beyond the moment before making these important decisions.
In my times of desperation or when my mind ran away I googled, like everyone else. I found new treatment options and data from all over the world. Honestly, I was willing to try anything. Many of the things I found Dr. Denis encouraged such as acupuncture and the use of CoQ10 for egg health. Testosterone was also part of my protocol again, due to poor ovarian reserve. Hearing “you’re a success story” at my follow up appointment after the retrieval was all I needed to be a believer in each of those things!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We were aware from the beginning that our costs would be at the higher end of the spectrum due to my need for the intensive protocol. This meant more frequent testing and more medications. After our meeting with Dr. Denis we met with a nurse and immediately knew what to expect about costs. They were able to call in medicines to a nearby pharmacy which specialized in fertility meds to cut down on the costs. We were definitely grateful for that!

PCOS, Other, Unexplained
The strength of ACRM is their efficiency and organization. The only weakness I would say is the technology of clinic. I think that they should update some of the machines and exam rooms,but other than that I love it.... I cant say enough great things about my nurse. I absolutely,positively love her!! She has helped me through so many ups and downs in this infertility journey. She is more than a nurse,I can call or email her and she always gets back to me.
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
My team is absolutely amazing! Dr.Toner and my nurse Mikesha Middlebrook have always treated myself and m husband as more than just patients. We have a very long and complicated history,but they've always been there for us. I suffer two second trimester losses due to an incompetent cervix and they both came to the hospital and just sat with us. It meant the world to me that in my lowest moment they were there for us.
I cant say enough great things about my nurse. I absolutely,positively love her!! She has helped me through so many ups and downs in this infertility journey. She is more than a nurse,I can call or email her and she always gets back to me. Shes been there for me and my husband through transfer after transfer,loss after loss. She held my lifeless baby in her arms and Ill never forget that. She goes above the call of duty and I am so grateful to have her as my nurse. She is truly is an extraordinary woman and definitely a huge contributor to ACRM's success.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
Dr Toner gave me hope when one of his colleagues completely dismissed me. I have PCOS and I remember him telling me that my weight or the diagnosis would not stop me from becoming a mom. When we meet with him covers all the facts and explains all the possible outcomes. He supports whatever decisions we make and have gotten us through some pretty tough times. ACRM's lab does not accept our insurance so we had to have our third egg retrieval at another clinic. Although we were able to get some eggs I felt more comfortable just paying the money to go back to ACRM. My seventh egg transfer will be March 13 with Dr.Toner and I wouldnt have it any other way.
He's a very kind man,and definitely knows what hes talking about. He will give you hope when other wont.
My second egg retrieval was devastating because we ended up with nothing,but I understand that these things happen. Trial and error. I was triggered too early and my eggs hadn't had time to mature. After having the ERA test done that was performed by Dr.Toner I went on to conceive twice after having four unsuccessful transfers. My protocols for egg retrieval is to stim slow and steady to prevent OHSS. Transfer protocol is very simple estrogen tabs,followed by six days of PIO before transfer. My ERA results showed that I needed an extra day of PIO before transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
I have no complaints with the time frame of monitoring. It makes sense that they are done first thing to ensure that patients with consults later on in the day get the full attention they deserve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Right now Dr.Toner i covered under my insurance but not the lab. That part has been a bit of a disappointment,but Dr.Toner offered us a 20% discount for what is not covered under insurance.
I am a one at a time kind of patient. I understand after all the information I have now that if an embryo is genetically tested and transfer is at the right time,all it takes is one embryo. At my age and having genetically tested embryos I understand that it is safe for me health wise to transfer one embryo at a time.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jim Toner at ACRM.

All of the locations [ACRM] are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule.... They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of).... They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked.... My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has 4 locations within the Atlanta area and I have been to three of them due to my cycle sometimes causing the IUI to take place on a weekend or holiday. To me this is a HUGE plus to have many locations all easily accessible. Reduces the stress big time! All of the locations are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule. They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of). They offer water and have bowls of candy out. It is a very different enviroment than any other Dr office. You feel more at home and relaxed b/c it is not sterile and the decor isn't from 1975. They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked. They provide ample handouts on your treatment so you know what is happening when and how. They take the time to ensure you know exactly what is happening and why as well. I can honestly say I don't know of any weaknesses.
I felt like a human with her because I never felt gushed when speaking to her. She was/is always attentive, let’s you speak, and she always takes notes. I feel like with her my thoughts, concerns etc are important and in turn she takes the time to clearly explain and respond to all of them. She makes the effort to ensure you understand what’s happening and next steps so that you aren’t scared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Kent)
My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic. Very much like Dr. Calhoun, you could ask her anything and she never made you feel like it was a dumb question or if it was repetative, she did not seem bothered. For me this was a big deal b/c as you go through all the tests, instructions, etc it can get very confusing and you are so full of hope, you want to ensure your are doing everything right to ensure your biggest dreams will come true. Megan was always direct and explained things very well and was also good with giving tips too. With my clinic sending questions, etc via email was the way to go b/c I liked to have things documented to refer back to and also b/c if you called the nurse, it would always go to voicemail and they would call you back later in the day. I did not care for the voicemail but I did understand the reason behind it.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
The day I met her I immediately felt connected. She’s very kind, funny and yet a straight shooter. Those are qualities I must have in a Dr of this nature. Another thing I really like is she’s always prepared, she knows your history and remembers it. She’s looking at you when speaking, not at her computer. She also takes the time to draw things out so you can visually see the treatment, not just words on paper. She’s very positive and empathetic and you feel like you have a friend in what can be a very dark scary journey. I haven’t had success yet, but I will stick with her because of who she is and how she treats you. She sees you as a human being going through a tough time and she’s willing to help any way she can. I also need to mention she isn’t in any way pushy, she lets you go at your own pace and make your own choices.
To trust her. Infertility is scary and hard. It’s difficult to understand but with. Dr like her, you can trust her advice and methods.
All four of my IUIs had a Letrozole leadin, my body responded well to the drug with little to no side effects. Also two trigger shots only be my follicles we’re ready yet I hadn’t gotten a positive surge on my OPK. Then post IUI we did progesterone suppositories b/c my bloodwork showed lower progesterone. I have also had two uterine reservations due to a septum. First being before my first IUI then again before the 4th IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
In total for 4 IUIs, we've spent close to 9K. Breakdown estimates below after insurance which covered diagnostics only: Baseline - $200 Midcycle - $350 Insemination - $500 Sperm Analysis - $140 Blood work (various) - $100 each, has several per IUI Trigger Shots - $100 Hysteroscopy surgery (2) - $1500 each
Marietta

The clinic itself [ACRM- Johns Creek] is very nice. Parking is easy and the waiting room comfortable. The front desk staff learn see you are very quickly and welcomes you when you walk in the door. I’ve never had a long wait they normally get you in and out pretty quickly. Also really appreciate that they ask that people do not bring children into the waiting room. Find that very respect.... Each round of our UI is approximately $2000, The trigger shot is almost $200 each time, and just a consultation with Dr. Keenan is around $150 every time we see him.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic itself is very nice. Parking is easy and the waiting room comfortable. The front desk staff learn see you are very quickly and welcomes you when you walk in the door. I’ve never had a long wait they normally get you in and out pretty quickly. Also really appreciate that they ask that people do not bring children into the waiting room. Find that very respect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Keenan at ACRM?
The staff and doctor are very considerate and professionally with me. I sometimes feel rushed while I’m there and because there are so many patients there is little flexibility with appointments. Over, I am happy with how I am treated especially because this has been such an emotional and heartbreaking experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
Sherry and Stephanie were the two nurses that I saw most often. They honestly became like friends and one of my biggest support systems. I live two hours away from the Johns Creek office in the north Georgia mountains. I often times have to wake up at five in the morning just to get there for a quick appointment or to get my blood drawn. These two ladies knew this and we’re very compassionate and understanding. They got to know me on a personal level and would ask questions and check on me. I felt human around them and not just some test subject.
How was your experience with David Keenan at ACRM?
Dr. Keenan showed a great deal of compassion when I had my miscarriage. It was in that moment that I truly saw how much he cares for his patients. He always treats me with such respect and dignity. It was my fear that my doctor would look on me with pity but instead he just tries to be proactive. He is respectful and soft-spoken. And I have never feel that he is going to give up on me even when I feel like giving up myself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Keenan at ACRM?
He comes across as having a tough outer shell but I truly believe that he has a soft center and really cares for his patients. I would also tell them to never worry about asking him too many questions. Honestly doesn’t mind being asked.
Describe the protocols David Keenan used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We have done three rounds of our UI with letrozol. Two out of the three rounds we did a trigger shot the day before. Getting the timing right with this has been very stressful for me because I have to drive two hours just to get to Dr. Keenan‘s office. The first round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot worked but resulted in a miscarriage. We are working really hard to save up to try another round after the second two failed. IVF Will be the next step if we can save up enough money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Keenan at ACRM.
Treatment has been extremely expense. I have insurance but my insurance covers nothing associated with infertility. Each round of our UI is approximately $2000, The trigger shot is almost $200 each time, and just a consultation with Dr. Keenan is around $150 every time we see him.
Describe David Keenan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Something like this will be one of our next steps if you can save up enough money for I’ve.
David Keenan
Johns Creek

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Keenan at ACRM.

All of the ACRM clinics are so inviting and have a peaceful environment. For me, this was important because of the stress associated with infertility. It was nice to go in a calm environment. Additionally, I love that they do not allow children at all for the sake of their patients....Nurse Michelle Deloach was always extremely helpful when I had questions or concerns. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to e-mail her directly and get a response within hours.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
From the day I met Dr. Hasty, I felt like I had known her for years! She was so friendly and inviting. She seemed genuinely eager to help us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Deloach)
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
I do not have one negative thing to say about Dr. Hasty. The knowledge she has in her field is astounding! But equally important, is her bedside manner. She made me feel important from my very first visit. Every time I left her office, she gave me the biggest hug. Those hugs gave me comfort and hope!
I would advise any new patient to go in with questions written down. More than likely she will answer them all before you have a chance to ask. The amount of information she can provide can be overwhelming at a first visit, but in a good way.
Dr. Hasty started with two rounds of Letrizole for my treatment, because conceiving had not been my issue in the past. Unfortunately, I was not able to conceive during those months. She suggested IVF, but that is where my treatment stopped because we could not afford it at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My insurance covered all preliminary tests. Once I began fertility pills, each ultrasound and exam was approximately $500. Had I been able to go through with IVF, the medications were going to be $6,600 and the IVF procedure in total was going to be approximately $17,000.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

[The staff at ACRM is] Always friendly when you walk in, someone always greets you, appointments are always on time, and I've never really had to wait on the Dr or nurse. I don't want to make them sound perfect, as maybe some of the staff isn't as friendly as others but for the most part, they are all nice, professional and easy to communicate with.... For the IUI process, I was on letrozole for a week before the insemination. I used donor sperm as I'm single. I became pregnant on my first ever IUI and first time trying. Unfortunately it resulted in an eptoptic pregnancy at 6 weeks.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr Fogle is one of the realest Dr's I've ever met. From the moment I met her, it was like sitting down with an old friend that only wanted the best for me. She typically started her advice to me with, If you were my sister... She was always upfront and honest with me. She knew exactly what information needed to be shared and what didn't need to be shared. Her expertise and devotion to fertility is quite apparent and its almost as if she knows things before they even happen. I felt very confident under her supervision during the IVF cycle that I already did and will continue to trust her judgement and protocol for the next one. Its all about finding the good egg at this point. I am a 41 year old single female, with a deep desire to start a family on my own and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I know Dr Fogle will be by my side through it all with her best intentions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Barbrow)
You would thing my nurse and Dr Fogle were sisters. They had the same great characteristics and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. My nurse was always on top of everything, she responded to every email or call in a timely manner, she was compassionate and treated me like a friend and not just a patient.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr Fogle is real! She is honest and personable making you feel comfortable every step of the way. She is always on time, professional, and friendly. Dr Fogle explains every aspect of each process and was always spot on with each protocol she suggested during IUI attempt and IVF attempt #1. She has kept my mind at ease during the process and I know she will continue.
I would tell a prospective patient to be patient with the process, don't be overly confident, trust the process and remain positive with each step of the way.
For the IUI process, I was on letrozole for a week before the insemination. I used donor sperm as I'm single. I became pregnant on my first ever IUI and first time trying. Unfortunately it resulted in an eptoptic pregnancy at 6 weeks. So then Dr Fogle advised me to start IVF next. Being my age, and having an eptoptic can increase your chances of it happeneing again. Protocol for IVF, I was on birth control for 10 days then start the stimulation injections. Morning and evening was a dose of Micro dose lupron and dexamethasone 1x a day. Then the following evening I started gonal-f, menopur, and omnitripin with the micro dose lupron. That lasted for about 9 days for the trigger shot/hcg. With ultra sound at day 6 and the week of the trigger shot every other day to make sure my ovaries were stable, and the follicles were growing to the right size needed for the egg retrieval. I was very successful with this treatment. I had many follicles, retrieved 20 eggs, 12 fertilized and three embryos but unfortunately the three were not chromosomal normal, which happens to the best of us. I have no known fertility issues only my age. I will keep trying!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I have nothing to compare it to. Its expensive no matter where you go. IVF is costly. I did the attain program and so for each step, I wasn't sure of the cost but total its expensive.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When you first meet with the clinic [ACRM], you are assigned a doctor, nurse, and patient care coordinator. At first, it is confusing as to whom you should speak to about particular questions. The patient care coordinator sets appointments and the nurse answers all medical questions. I felt there was a lot of confusion with the patient care coordinator and that role coordinating with the nurse.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with ACRM.
When you first meet with the clinic, you are assigned a doctor, nurse, and patient care coordinator. At first, it is confusing as to whom you should speak to about particular questions. The patient care coordinator sets appointments and the nurse answers all medical questions. I felt there was a lot of confusion with the patient care coordinator and that role coordinating with the nurse. I am not far into the process so I am still figuring everything out. Since my last appointment, communication is running much more smoothly.
Dr. Denis was so kind upon first meeting. He made me and my husband feel comfortable and did not pressure us to pursue any option that we were not comfortable with. He laid out the options for us and spent as much time as we needed answering questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi)
Tulsi has been very helpful in this process. She has provided me with all the information I have requested in a timely manner. She is very sweet and compassionate.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr. Denis made my husband and I feel calm and reassured. He took his time with us and made us feel very comfortable and "normal" through the process. Infertility is a very alienating experience and Dr. Denis spoke with hopefulness that we would conceive a child successfully.
I would tell the prospective patient to be forthcoming about all their medical history so Dr. Denis can rule out any unknowns during the treatment process. Also to be relaxed because Dr. Denis is very down-to-earth.
The meds range from 6-8k, anesthesia $500, 25k for embryo testing and transfer

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
$60/visit. IUI approx. $3,000 each. Meds. $25 [costs at ACRM]...The clinic is great at scheduling people. The waiting room is never over crowded nor do you have to wait long. The care coordinators are responsive and caring. It would be great if the frozen sperm and IUI procedure were at the Johns Creek location vs going to the other office. I would have also prefer Dr. Carpenter to perform the IUI procedure instead of a doctor I never met.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Carpenter was open and honest. She cares about her patients including their physical and mental well-being.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Timeka Carter)
Timeka is a good care coordinator. She always called back ina timely manner and was extremely fast when replying to emails. I did not have much interaction with my nurse. I did not have much interaction with
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Dr. Carpenter always offers both sides of the procedure(s), good and bad. You never feel rushed when talking to her. She refrains from offering personal advice. She always provides research based answers.
Look forward to being cared for by a Dr. who puts you first.
I had 3 IUI’s. I wanted to try to have a child using my own eggs. My ovarian reserve was slightly below normal, but all other tests were fine. She used Letrozole to increase the number of eggs produced, but each time I never had more than 2 well developed eggs released. I also used progesterone inserted vaginally. The end result was 2 negative results and 1 chemical miscarriage. I am now preparing for egg donor IVF. Before this happens, she recommended I have the fibroids removed. The surgery is tomorrow, 3/1/18.
$60/visit. IUI approx. $3,000 each. Meds. $25
It is my understanding the center will only emplaned one egg when using a donor. I feel we should have the option to use more than one.
Johns Creek

The staff [at ACRM] was very nice but they wouldn't answer the phone calls. I would have to leave a message and wait for them to call back eventually. I could also, email them and they would respond faster through that approach...The strengths of this clinic is that they have several offices. They seem knowledgeable and they are compassionate. Weaknesses are they sometimes didn't show sympathy and also, the billing dept charged me for something that should have been prorated.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I felt that they actually considered my feelings however, the first cycle we have gone was like oh well that normal maybe next time. I felt that there wasn't much sympathy after the first negative test. it was oh well let's try again in a few months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Changed 2 times)
The staff was very nice but they wouldn't answer the phone calls. I would have to leave a message and wait for them to call back eventually. I could also, email them and they would respond faster through that approach.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty was very friendly but, I only saw here once and that was in her office. I spoke with her on the phone once. She seemed like a very nice and compassionate person. She just didn't notify me that I wasn't just her patient. At ACRM they actually may as well share patients. I would be fine with that but, I just didn't know that until it came time to see a Dr. The times I had procedures done I actually was seen by a different Dr. every time. The other Dr.'s were very considerate but it just was uncomfortable. And when I went for the IUI the Dr. that performed the procedure (Carpenter), she continuously had to adjust the tools. Which kind of made me nervous and question if that what caused the IUI not to work as well. I appreciated what they have done so far. I just wish that next time I have a Dr. that takes care of me form the beginning to the end themselves. Lastly, since my negative appt. Dr. Hasty has not even called to tell me the next step.
Be honest in the beginning and ask all of your questions up front!
We had to keep up with the amount of cycle days, to begin testing for ovulation and taking fertility pills. Then, we had to call or email the nurse for the frozen smiley face to schedule and appt to come in for the IUI cycle. Once we arrived we waited and then the new Dr. came in and introduced herself and explained the procedure then she asked the nurse for several steps.
$8000 or a little more

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

[at ACRM- Atl Perimeter] I was prescribed gonal f,menopur, cetrotide, and a dual trigger shot of Lupron and novarel. The first 5 days were just the gonal and menopur (2 vials). After that I started taking cetrotide on day 6 to prevent ovulation. My follicles grew very fast and I didn’t have much discomfort at all. Egg retrieval they got 26 eggs, 16 were mature and 8 more matured overnight in the lab, of that only 6 fertilized. Of that only 1 became a day 6 blastocyst. So disappointing results but for me apparently everything was good, it is a male factor issue. We are starting round 2 this week and she is changing my dose of menopur from 2 vials to 1. We are going to biopsy my husband for Sperm direct this time and see if that changes the outcome.
Dr. Calhoun is wonderful face to face. She had amazing bedside manner and treated us like people.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is easy to talk to, upbeat, positive, and understanding. She makes you feel as if she really cares about you not just the outcome. We trust her. My only complaint was I rarely saw her during my first cycle. It could’ve just been the schedule for those 12 days but after our initial consult apt where everything was set up, I didn’t see/hear from her again until she called about a week after the egg retrieval. Understand that this clinic is extremely busy and it didn’t affect my treatment but just being honest about how often you may see your actual doctor.
Just know what you are getting, a busy group of doctors that rotate so you may not see her much depending on the time.
She had a strong preference for 1 embryo transfer, especially the first time.

9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Although this clinic is very busy, they are always able to accommodate my requested appointments, get back in touch with me very quickly and are very patient to answer any questions. I highly recommend ACRM. They have multiple locations throughout Atlanta which helps for the number of visits required.... [Cost of Treatment] Full IVF retrieval with PGS testing upwards of $30,000... Dr. Lisa Hasty has been a truly exceptional doctor.
9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Lisa Hasty has the warmest demeanor. She speaks to you intelligently and is willing to answer any questions. I never feel rushed when I have an appointment with her.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Lisa Hasty has been a truly exceptional doctor. She is professional, knowledgable, warm, encouraging and trustworthy. I would not hesitate to recommend her to any woman experiencing infertility. I have experienced two miscarriages while under her care, both of which were due to a uterine septum. She treated me with compassion and caring in a way that I have not experienced from a medical professional in the past.
Go see her early!
Two pregnancies from IUI protocol (using Letrozole) resulted in miscarriage both at 8 weeks due to uterine septum. Septum removal surgery performed by Dr. Keenan at ACRM. Multiple IUI's later with no pregnancies, I then underwent a two month follicle stimulation/IVF retrieval. Dr. Hasty used a very aggressive protocol for my retrieval based on my low AMH levels. We were able to retrieve 6 eggs, 5 of which were mature and fertilized, 4 made it to blast. We genetic tested 4 embryos and have two genetically normal embryos. Waiting for my first FET next month.
Full IVF retrieval with PGS testing upwards of $30,000
They have told me based on my age (32) they will only be transferring one genetically tested embryo at a time.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I love that they [ACRM] are open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day)...The facilities are convenient and very up to date. The ease of booking an appointment is wonderful and the wait time is always minimal. Everyone in the office has a caring and compassionate demeanor which is very calming and encouraging. The entire staff is there to help if you have any questions. I can’t say enough wonderful things about ACRM.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has been wonderful. The facilities are convenient and very up to date. The ease of booking an appointment is wonderful and the wait time is always minimal. Everyone in the office has a caring and compassionate demeanor which is very calming and encouraging. The entire staff is there to help if you have any questions. I can’t say enough wonderful things about ACRM. Plus, I love that they are open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day).
Dr. Denis is very personable and easy to work with. He is very knowledgeable in the field of infertility and spoke very openly and honestly about the process. He has been a wealth of knowledge and able to answer any and all questions we have had. He is a caring and warm Dr. who has a vested interest in our journey and has made this journey much easier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi)
Our nurse is amazing. She too has invested a lot of interest and compassion throughout our infertility journey. She is very prompt in returning emails and phone calls no matter the time or day. She even wrote me a letter that we received during our two week wait following our FET. I adore our nurse.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
As a patient of Dr. Denis, I have felt very calm and at ease through this process (as much as possible). He explains things in a way that we understand and answers any and all questions we have. We had an IUI scheduled and another doctor was scheduled to perform it for us, but Dr. Denis rearranged his schedule for the day to ensure he was the doctor completing the IUI. During our first embryo transfer, Dr. Denis made a point to come in and talk with us before and his demeanor showed how invested he was with us. He has always been very compassionate and caring through every step of the process. At one point through our journey we did seek out a second opinion. After meeting with the other Dr. we could easily see the difference and what made Dr. Denis so special. We are still on our IVF journey, but we have put of faith and trust in Dr. Denis.
Be open and ask any questions you may have.
IUI- all three times I took 150 mg of clomid and did a trigger shot the night before the procedure. Throughout the cycle we had several ultrasounds to track the progress of my ovaries. IVF- I was taking a lower dosage of medication because I was at risk for overstimulating. I can remember exactly the medication I took, but I know for sure menopur and gonal-f. My medication also increased as I got closer to retrieval. We had several ultrasounds to track the progress as well. FET- I started with estradiol and increased the dosage as we went on. I also had Progesterone injections nightly. The FET was scheduled when the time was right hormonally and that was checked by Bloodwork.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We have made several payments to ACRM. We have paid for initial infertility screenings, 3 IUI procedures, countless bloodwork and ultrasounds. We have paid for egg retrieval procedure as well as one frozen embryo transfer. We paid for genetic testing for 12 embryos and all of the medication for every cycle as directed.
Dr. Denis has a preference of transferring one embryo at a time due to my age and the quality of the embryos we have.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
ACRM is a very good clinic. Their strategy is coordinated care--so, you may not see your primary physician every time. But, information is shared and the physicians are great about working together. It's seamless. The rest of the staff is very friendly and helpful. You can pay bills online. And, their offices are very well appointed and comfortable. Also, they have several locations across metro Atlanta.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Carpenter treats her patients 100% like humans. She ALWAYS makes sure her patients leave her office understanding their care plan and feeling comfortable with their plan. She's accessible and easy to talk to. And, she really genuinely cares about you as a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Bisciotti)
My care team at ACRM consistent for Sherri (primary nurse) and Timeka Carter (care coordinator). Sherri has been the most incredible support throughout this journey. She is easily accessible and answers my questions (or finds Dr. Carpenter) every single time. Timeka is also amazing. She knows my appointment preferences and always reaches out in a timely manner to help schedule my appointments.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
My experience is ongoing, but it's been a great one. We've had setbacks and we haven't had the results we want yet, but I'm confident in our plan and I always feel like I'm a participant in the plan vs. just a patient.
She's very, very smart. Ask as many questions as you'd like and she'll always be ready with an answer. She cares about you and your journey--never hesitate to reach out if you're feeling overwhelmed.
Our retrieval was antagonist protocol with birth control. 225 IU of Gonal + 1 vial of Menopur for 6 days. Then, on day 7 we added 0.25 of Cetrotide for 4 days. We did a Pregnyl trigger injection. We opted for ICSI and did genetic testing. We froze our embryos to test/let my body recover from stimulation. This protocol resulted in 15 eggs retrieved and 5 day 5 embryos frozen. Unfortunately, our first IVF round was unsuccessful. We did a uteran septum resection after our failed attempt and are now waiting to transfer our second embryo.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
My retrieval was about $14K. Each transfer is about $4K. My insurance (BCBS) is not covered for blood work, so each time I needed in-house labs, the cost was several hundred dollars. Through my insurance, only 'diagnosis' codes are accepted. So, monitoring and consultations are copay only. But, anything beyond that is out of pocket.
ACRM and Dr. Carpenter encourage single emrbyo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I love that the clinic [ACRM-Marietta] has a no children policy. It made it so much easier knowing I wasn't going to be forced to have someone flaunt their child in front of us when we were trying our hardest for our first child. Overall everyone is nice... Kim [a nurse] was probably the weak link. Like when we were waiting on results for blood work for a positive or negative I was told she would call us. Instead, she emailed and we waited for hours waiting for a call. She was a bit short in her replies and wasn't always clear about when we would get our results which increased our anxiety about the process. I only actually saw her twice during the months we went to the clinic.
European, Latino, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I love that the clinic has a no children policy. It made it so much easier knowing I wasn't going to be forced to have someone flaunt their child in front of us when we were trying our hardest for our first child. Overall everyone is nice
She listened to us and also went into detail about what we were going to do. She answered all our questions and talked to us like humans and equals never talked down to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Kim Curry)
Kim was probably the weak link. Like when we were waiting on results for blood work for a positive or negative I was told she would call us. Instead, she emailed and we waited for hours waiting for a call. She was a bit short in her replies and wasn't always clear about when we would get our results which increased our anxiety about the process. I only actually saw her twice during the months we went to the clinic.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I absolutely loved having her as our doctor. She gave me recommendations for local OBGYNs and she was wonderful. She was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I wish we could have afforded to try IVF with her
She is great, you can have a conversation with her and get all your concerns addressed. I felt relaxed visiting her and never felt talked down to or anything. It was one of my best experiences with a doctor.
For the IUI we did Clomid and insemination. They did blood tests to test what would be my ideal time to inseminate and the nurses gave my trigger shots when needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
2017 IUI First Visit $545 (Blood Test/Ultrasound) Medication $32.29 (Clomid) Mid Cycle visit $358.20 Trigger shot $135.85 Needles for shot .80 Giving shot $34 Insemination $470.00 Ultrasound $208.80 Bloodwork $3
Marietta

Strengths [at ACRM]-Multiple locations, Staff was good, stayed on top of everything as much as they could. Weakness-Doctor experience, Finance department...She [nurse] had everything in order but with the short time we were with ACRM there was more attitude then we needed during this rough time...We had to ask them for results every time. There strategy was if it isn't of a concern we aren't going to call you. With this being our first go around we wanted to know every detail.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
We found a few of both these during our short time with the clinic. Strengths-Multiple locations, Staff was good, stayed on top of everything as much as they could. Weakness-Doctor experience, Finance department
When we first met with the doctor she seemed very sweet, but she was quick to tell us we needed to do IVF and wanted to get the process started asap. Being this was our first clinic I wish we would have received a better consultation rather than a stack of papers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherry)
She had everything in order but with the short time we were with ACRM there was more attitude then we needed during this rough time.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
We felt like a number and a count in how many IVF cycles they would complete. Dr. Carpenter drew her chart with how the males body works and how the females body works. She did this to explain how everything works (lots of medical words) every time we met. I felt that was her go to. She was very sweet but didn't feel the compassion for such an emotional procedure. What pressed my button was when I saw her after my HSG at the perimeter location. The PA completed it and then when I walked out to pay I was surprised to see her there as I was told she wasn't available to complete my procedure. I was fine with it because I know their schedules are busy but when I said Hi, excited to see her....it was a wave without anything out of her mouth and like she was forced to say hello. As a doctor you would think she would care to say hi to her patients with a little bit more enthusiasm and care.
I would ask her to give you options and ask her to explain in detail the steps and how you can communicate with her through the process.
Unfortunately we didn't even get this far. After the HSG we were done with ACRM and decided to find another doctor and practice.
We didn't get that far.
Unfortunately not.

2013 - 2017
Carla (our primary nurse) and Tammy (our care coordinator) [at ACRM] were awesome! Carla always made sure I knew exactly what meds I needed to take, what the procedures would entail, etc. Tammy was always quick to schedule my appointments and always made sure my procedures worked with our schedules.... The entire staff is caring, helpful and obviously extremely professional.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I can't think of any weaknesses that ACRM needs to improve upon. The entire staff is caring, helpful and obviously extremely professional. Wait times were little to none (they run a very smooth operation but you never feel rushed) We always felt that outside of family and close friends they were our biggest cheerleaders. Whether it was the receptionist at the front desk, the nurses, the lab, the financial counselors, Doctors, etc they ALL care for the patient as a whole, you most certainly will not feel like a number!
Dr. Kathryn Calhoun always made us feel like we were her only patients (even though we knew that obviously wasn't true). She never rushed us through phone calls, appointments, etc. She genuinely cared about us as a couple trying to start a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Carla Fennigan)
Carla (our primary nurse) and Tammy (our care coordinator) were awesome! Carla always made sure I knew exactly what meds I needed to take, what the procedures would entail, etc. Tammy was always quick to schedule my appointments and always made sure my procedures worked with our schedules.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is just outstanding, there's no other way to describe her! She was with us from the very beginning of our journey to become parents. We had 2 rounds of IUI. One resulted in a Ectopic Pregnancy that ruptured. She performed the emergency surgery. We went on to go 3 for 3 in the IVF process and have 3 beautiful children. We truly believe we were successful because she took so much of the stress out of our journey. We felt comfortable at each stage, even during the difficult times. The only "negative" about Dr. Calhoun is that she couldn't deliver the 3 babies she helped us bring into this world!
No one WANTS a membership to the IVF club but sometimes there aren't any other options. The journey is stressful but at some point you have to just let go and place it in the hands of experts. This means you need to have a tremendous amount of trust in whoever is providing your care. In our opinion Dr. Calhoun is the right expert to help you during this process. Trust in her experience and know that she truly wants to see you accomplish your fertility goals.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
I think in total we spent probably around $50k-$60k from the very start to the very end.
Dr. Calhoun preferred to do one embryo transfer at a time for health reasons. This made sense to us and felt like the most safe/comfortable option.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Staff [at ACRM-Buck] need to learn how to file insurance. I think they are so used to self pay, they all were unsure about filing and what my Ins covered and did not cover. Each visit I’d get a different answer from different staff which added unneeded stress.... Michelle was not warm and I should have requested a new primary nurse but I didn’t want to be labeled as a difficult patient. Erin Martin at the perimeter office was SO cold. She needs to be in a different profession
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Staff need to learn how to file insurance. I think they are so used to self pay, they all were unsure about filing and what my Ins covered and did not cover. Each visit I’d get a different answer from different staff which added unneeded stress.
Physicians treated me like a human. The clinical staff treated me like a number. I almost switched clinics because of some of the cold staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Deloach )
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr hasty was so warm and kind. Her predictions were spot on. She wanted to move to ivf after 2 Iuis to save us some money but we wanted to try more iuis and she supported our decision. We got pregnant with our beautiful baby girl on our first ivf cycle
Relax and trust the doctors. The nurses aren’t as warm as they should be and my primary nurse lacked communication although she never messed anything up, I constantly felt like I had to double check or check in to make sure things were on track-which have me unneeded stress
Dr hasty did the antigonoist protocol. I was irritated my nurse over ordered medication. It’s so expensive and her reasoning was that if they needed to stimulate me extra days, it wouldn’t be an issue if we needed more meds vs having to get them mailed in a pinch. We had about $500 in unused meds
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
WEbpaid about $12k and I had insurance that covered the monitoring-the lab was out of network

2013 - 2017
[ACRM] Strengths: all top doctors - knowledge of protocols, bedside manner (for the majority of the doctors - not all), drawing blood Weakness: long wait times. If a doctor other than your primary doctor sees you for an ultrasound sometimes you'll come back in to be seen by primary (not a true weakness because thorough but just more appointments)...Dr Fogle always treated me kindly, called me directly when the transfers did not work. She has come up with a new plan and told us to move forward and try again, very supportive. However, it is a big clinic so the routine blood tests / ultrasounds sometimes just feel like one of many.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Strengths: Cycle details, response time to emails and compassion when I had a breakdown re: failed attempt.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Extremely knowledge- answers every question. Doesn't make you feel rushed. Very caring. But some things with fertility are unknown so can be frustrating when she says it was bad luck (after transfer of a good embryo and failed pregnancy).
Ask her your different options for treatment. She will let you know and give a recommendation.
1 IUI after two miscarriages. We had chromosomal testing. 2 IVF after 2 more miscarriages and testing of the embryos. Antagonist protocol. PGD testing. Vaginal estrogen (help with lining) + progesterone shots. 3. Next round : adding growth hormone shot to help with eggs and a Lupron trigger (with HCG). Adding a new test - ERA - before the transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Cost for retrievals, PGG testing, transfers. No charge for consults.
Already single.

2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Laura Lemay does all the primary care for the Buckhead office, so I think she is incredibly busy. Because of this, she often rushes phone calls and it is hard to get a hold of her...ACRM is a very busy practice. I love all the doctors I have seen at the practice and I feel they are all very compassionate. However, you do not see the doctors often. You will be seeing a nurse. I feel like the nursing staff is overwhelmed because they do so much work for the patients. It's also very hard to get in contact with someone immediately in an emergency. I even find it difficult to schedule an appointment by phone or pay a bill by phone. You almost always have to leave a message and receive a call back.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Hasty is an incredibly compassionate doctor, when you are with her, you are all that matters. She takes a huge amount of time listening to your concerns and addressing all your questions. She even hugs you when you are leaving. However, as ACRM is a huge practice, you don't often see your doctor. So the problem is not with Dr. Hasty but with the size of the practice you really only see the nurses, who I have found sometimes to be less than compassionate.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty herself is amazing. Extremely kind and helpful. Be aware that you will only see her a few times. I saw her for 2 consults, one for the initial discussion of what treatments to begin, and one to decide if it was time to move to IVF. She also did one of my IUI's, which is the cycle I became pregnant on. The doctors do the IUI's and obviously IVF, but the nurses handle all the other day to day procedures and calls.
During our initial consult I was switched from clomid to femera. Then after 4 cycles of that not progressing, the nurse switched me to femera with IUI. After IUI failed, I met with Dr. Hasty again and she agreed that it was time to move to IVF. I was in the middle of a femera cycle during that consult so we decided to proceed with an IUI, while I prepared for IVF. I got pregnant during that IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My medicated timed intercourse cycles were covered under my insurance. My IUI's were about $500.
I know that in general Dr. Hasty prefers to transfer a single embryo for fear that multiples come along with a greater risk to the babies and mother.

2012 - 2017
The doctors and nursing staff are so wonderful! There was never a doubt in our mind where we would go when trying for our 2nd or 3rd child. The administrative staff isn't always super organized...Dr. Fogle is such a wonderful and experienced doctor. Once we met her, we knew we wanted her to be our doctor. She is so patient and spoke to us candidly but with compassion. She always explained everything so we would fully understand what we were about to go through.
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Fogle always took the time to explain procedures and reasoning behind each cycle. She never rushed us during appointments and made us feel comfortable with every decision.
The nurses at ACRM are amazing! They're so sweet and compassionate!
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Be ready to be wowed! She's amazing!
Dr. Fogle diagnosed us as unexplained infertility. We did 3 rounds of IUI which were unsuccessful. We then moved on to a fresh IVF cycle with Lupron. I had a good response to the stimulation and they were able to retrieve 16 follicles, 12 of which fertilized. 9 made it to day 5 and we transferred one embryo. That cycle did not produce a pregnancy. WE then proceeded with a frozen embryo transfer and I did become pregnant (she was born April 2013). When we started trying for our second child, we attempted a FET first which did not work. So we did a fresh cycle next to be able to get more embryos for the future (I have a low AMH level). My stimulation in that cycle was pretty intense (sorry I don't remember all the hormones I had to inject). We had the same response with stimulation, retrieval and fertilization as our first fresh cycle. We transferred one embryo and I did get pregnant (our son was born September 2015).
Dr. Fogle is a big proponent of single pregnancies (versus carrying multiples). She did not want me to have any complications due to twins both for my sake and for the babies. So she has always recommended a single embryo transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
My nurse [at ACRM] was amazing. She always responded to my emails within like 30 mins during business hours, and as soon as she got in. She was so compassionate, even when I cried, and I cried a lot over those 2 years. She always was on top of everything I needed. She made it all easy. She was excellent.... I had diminished ovarian reserve and was a low responder to stimulation medication, so I actually did two "mini ivf" retreival cycles.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The only problems were occasional wait times and billing issues, but the Marietta office was great. Just stay on top of your bills, check them all for accuracy, mistakes happen. Also, some of the Drs are not as compassionate. I did not like Dr Fogle. She sent me home with no pain meds telling me I was just gonna have to tough ohs out, when I told her I felt like I was dying, and I turned out to have a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Dr Calhoun was amazing, though.
Dr toner was great. He took my emails anytime, always responded with thorough and detailed answers, even when I was really delving into Google research and had a million questions. He never acted annoyed, though I'm sure I was very annoying, heh. He always listened to what I wanted, gave his advice, thoroughly explaining why he recommended it, but always took my wishes and direction into consideration in planning my cycles. Best of all, he always told me it would happen, it was just a matter of time, and never let me lose all hope. I also loved Dr Calhoun and a few of the other Drs. This is a great practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan....Kennedy? I can't remeber her last name but I can look in my emails.)
My nurse was amazing. She always responded to my emails within like 30 mins during business hours, and as soon as she got in. She was so compassionate, even when I cried, and I cried a lot over those 2 years. She always was on top of everything I needed. She made it all easy. She was excellent.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
Dr toner was amazing. He took my emails anytime, always responded with thorough and detailed answers, even when I was really delving into Google research and had a million questions. He never acted annoyed, though I'm sure I was very annoying, heh. He always listened to what I wanted, gave his advice, thoroughly explaining why he recommended it, but always took my wishes and direction into consideration in planning my cycles. Best of all, he always told me it would happen, it was just a matter of time, and never let me lose all hope.
Dr Toner is not going to give you false hope. If he thinks you have a strong possibility of a good outcome, believe him. Sometimes it just takes longer than we want to accept. It's worth it in the end! Don't be afraid to ask questions, and ask to change your treatment if you feel strongly about it, Dr Toner will work with you. He won't let you stray too far or do anything that could be harmful. He knows what he is doing! But sometimes it's ok to ask to move on to the next course of treatment sooner than later.
I had diminished ovarian reserve and was a low responder to stimulation medication, so I actually did two "mini ivf" retreival cycles. I was on a lowish dose of letrazole days 2-7(I think 5mg? It's hard to remember back in 2015-2016), then a low dose of follistim days 4-until my eggs were big enough. I did not use Lupton or anything to suppress ovulation because I was never ovulating on my own anyway, so they just monitored my estrogen and lh daily until i was ready to trigger. My second retrieval round actually began as a break round-return to an IUI after I had had two miscarriages in a row from a fresh transfer and a frozen transfer, but my ovaries responded so well to the medications that time that we had to switch to an egg retrieval. Normally I had no more than 1-4 follicles developing in any given cycle, but that one I somehow suddenly had 13! That is the retrieval that contained my son. I had an insane pregnancy with him splitting into a twin then the twin dying and the sac becoming a subchorionic hemorrhage that stayed with me until my water broke at 29 weeks, the other transferred embryo becoming ectopic and exploding my fallopian tube, hidden behind my hyperstimulated ovary, for which I had emergency surgery to discover this and remove my right ovary, all while I was pregnant with my son. But it was worth it in the end!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
I paid about $11,000 total per egg retrieval, since my insurance covered some things like bloodwork, not including medications. Medications per retrieval were purchased offsite, and for me were about $1100, because of the mini IVF cycle. Dr toner always helped discount procedures for me. I was able to take out the costs for any specific procedures I didn't need, not just charged the global ivf cycle price. I went through each cost list with a fine toothed comb and they worked with me. My frozen transfer cycle was about $4000, plus medication. IUI cycles were covered by my insurance, but cost me about $200/ month.
Acrm is a big advocate for only transferring one embryo at a time. I followed their advice the first two transfers, especially since I only had two good embryos from my first retrieval, but the 3rd I really wanted to up my odds of a good embryo, so I insisted on transferring 2. I paid for that by getting pregnant with my son AND having an ectopic pregnancy at the same time, for which they had to do emergency surgery to remove my right fallopian tube when I was 8 weeks pregnant with my son. It all turned out ok in the end, though!

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with ACRM.
This is a big clinic. It's a baby making factory, and as such you will become just one of the patients moving along the conveyer belt. If you are lucky enough to have a doctor as caring as Dr. Carpenter, I would still say that it's not worth it because you will be bounced around to so many other doctors and nurses and your time with "your" doctor will be limited. Many of my tests and procedures were performed by nurse practitioners, not even other doctors. I was displeased about this because I was paying the same regardless of who performed it. So I would have preferred any doctor, if not MY doctor.
I always felt that Dr. Carpenter had a great bedside manner. She took time to explain everything and answer questions. I also felt she genuinely cared about things working out for me. Unfortunately, during most of my appointments I was meeting with other doctors, nurse practitioners, or the nursing staff and I did not feel that many of them saw me as much more than a number. This was one of the reasons that I left ACRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha)
This was one of my biggest disappointments with ACRM. In an attempt to look super organized, each patient has both a designated nurse and a separate designated patient care coordinator. I was sometimes on the phone with one and rather than just booking the appointment, I had to be transferred to someone else. It seemed a lot of steps were involved to do anything. I also felt that the staff didn't have much compassion. They were very hard to reach. I don't think that I EVER was able to get though to my nurse via phone directly. I always had to leave a voicemail and then she would call back. Yes, it was within the designated "appropriate call back time," but I felt as if they almost had a policy of not answering the phone. The nursing staff who drew blood were cordial, but there were times when I was in the office multiple days in a given week. They never seemed to acknowledge that they knew who I was. We had no relationship and they didn't seem to want to develop one. I do understand that they have a lot of patients, but the lack of warmth left something to be desired. I also had a situation occur where I needed to meet with my doctor to discuss something prior to beginning a cycle. I was scheduled for an appointment and was told I would be meeting with my doctor. At the appointment, my nurse told me that was not the case. I was just having blood work to move forward with the cycle. I was very uncomfortable doing so without consulting my doctor and having some questions answered. Despite the fact that I had had a conversation with both her and with my patient care coordinator earlier in the day and had been told I could see Dr. Carpenter, I was now told that it was not scheduled that way and it was not possible. I was informed Dr. Carpenter was with another patient. I suggested that I would wait until whenever she could see me. I was visibly upset and was now crying, but no compassion was shown and I was told I could not meet with her that day. This left a very bad impression on me of the nurse. I do not blame Dr. Carpenter, as it seemed she was unaware that one of her patients was in a room crying and trying to meet with her.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I very much like Dr. Carpenter. She was the first infertility specialist that I ever saw, so I was in a pretty emotionally fragile place going into our first meeting. I felt that she took a lot of time to explain everything that was happening and what our next steps were. I never felt rushed. She seems to genuinely care about her patients. On the visits that I was actually able to see her, she took time to answer every single one of my often very long list of questions.
I would suggest someone considering Dr. Carpenter keep in mind that although she is your doctor, you will be spending a somewhat small amount of time with her. Other doctors and staff will be the ones handling many of your procedures, so make sure you are comfortable with feeling like a number during the visits when you do not see Dr. Carpenter.
I was not ovulating on my own. We did about 4 months of clomid, which did induce ovulation each time but did not result in pregnancy. We then switched to Femara for 2 months, and included 3 IUIs (2 in one cycle) during that time. Both of those months also led to ovulation, but not to pregnancy. We were then discussing IVF, but I switched clinics before beginning that process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
Nothing was covered by my insurance, so it all seemed very pricey. It was about 2 years ago at this point, so I do not remember exact numbers. The cost of IVF (which I never started at ACRM) was comparable to other locations in Atlanta, but much more expensive than I was able to find out of state.

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
90% of all communication came through my RN [at ACRM - Atl Per]. She was good, responsive within a day...Round 2: E2/Testosterone priming with GH (Lupron, gonal, menopur, omnitrope, clomid) -- No sides effect or physical complaints. she did a longer esterase and testosterone priming because of in the previous round one egg developed faster than the rest...
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Annoying financial co-orindator Chantol. Not the sharpest tack in the bunch. In first telephone consult tells me its ok to pay by AMEX. I continue to go great, at least i get points for this :) (distinctly remember saying this) Get to the appointment and she is like, we don't accept AMEX. Frustrating because i brought that as a form of payment and had to scramble to move money into different accounts
Part of my reason for choosing her after "interviewing" 2 other doctors was her warm and open personality. We seemed to bond over and be able to chat (briefly) about things outside of just eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Katrina, RN)
90% of all communication came through my RN. She was good, responsive within a day.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Disappointed that I went through 2 IVF stimulation protocols and the first ended early with one egg follicle developing faster/larger than the rest of the pack. So she advised to just take a trigger shot and have sex. Our intention was to bank embryos Second round, she put me on a longer stimulation protocol. One the day of egg retrieval we anticipated 5-6 eggs. Once I got out of post-op she told me i had "prematurely" ovulated and she could only get 1 egg???!!! I just feel like she could have been more on top of this, perhaps done an US before the invasion egg retrieval.... and then we attempted to fertilize 1 egg? Which didn't take so I actually have no idea what the quality was.... So all in all, it felt like it could have been managed better
I wish I went back and was stronger in voicing my dislike of the 2 failed rounds.... especially the second. Ovulating early seems like something that could have been avoided and i waste 6 eggs. i should have asked to come in for daily US
$18000

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Overall the [ACRM - Buck] clinic and the staff are very caring and compassionate. All of the nurses, doctors, and coordinators seem to understand what a difficult, sensitive, emotional time this is for the patients. They all are happy to see successful endings. One of their weaknesses is that they have gotten so big and have so many patients that it is sometimes difficult to get the answers you want as quickly as you'd like...
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall the clinic and the staff are very caring and compassionate. All of the nurses, doctors, and coordinators seem to understand what a difficult, sensitive, emotional time this is for the patients. They all are happy to see successful endings. One of their weaknesses is that they have gotten so big and have so many patients that it is sometimes difficult to get the answers you want as quickly as you'd like. For the "less important" test results, you don't always get a call on the same day even though they will tell you they'll call you that afternoon, especially if my nurse was out of the office. There were times I had to call in order to get my results. The weekends were when this happened most often because only one of their 4 locations saw patients and their weekend staff was limited.
Dr Denis always greeted us with a hug and a smile. He always took into account our emotional and financial stability. He never pushed procedures on us simply to benefit him and the practice, he wanted what was best for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha Middlebrook)
My nurse, Mikesha, was extremely easy to work with. She was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. She called me in a timely manner with all test results. She also seemed to care on a more personal level, like Dr. Denis. When the results were good, she celebrated with you, when they were bad, she was compassionate and sensitive.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr Denis is a wonderful Doctor. He is caring and compassionate and he truly wants to see all of his patients become parents. He always went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable with each procedure and test being done. He also doesn't give up on his patients, he is willing to continue with treatment as long as you are willing and able. He never pushes treatments on you, though. If you aren't ready to try ivf, he will continue other treatments as long as you would like. He always offers options. After we had multiple failed transfers with our own eggs, he layed out all of our options... Continue ivf with our own eggs, use donor eggs, or adoption. He didn't try to persuade us in any direction, he wanted us to make the best decision for us. He truly has a personal connection with his patients.
Go in with an open mind, but don't be afraid to ask questions, don't be afraid to tell him your fears as well as your expectations and desires, he will listen and take it to heart.
For my first IUI, I was on Clomid. I responded very well, a little too well for a typical IUI, I produced 5 follicles. For my second IUI, he switched me to Femera. Clomid and Femera "talk" to the brain differently, he explained. Clomid tells your body to ovulate where as Femera tells your body to choose the best egg to ovulate. I produced 1 follicle that cycle. For my third IUI, he kept me on Femera and I produced 2 follicles. All of those resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For my first IVF, I was on birth control pills for 2 weeks. When I stopped taking the birth control pills, I began injectable hormones 3 days later, Gonal-F and Menopur. For my first egg retrieval, I was on lower doses of both of these medicines because of the way I had responded on Clomid, he believed I would respond well on the injectable medicines and didn't want me to develop OHSS. However, I didn't respond as well as they thought I would so after 6 days they increased my dosage some. After 12 days on the hormones I had my egg retrieval. We retrieved 11 eggs, 9 fertilized and 4 made it to day 5 embryos. We transferred one embryo on day 5 for a fresh transfer. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test. A few months later, we did a frozen embryo transfer. For that cycle I was on estrace pills for a few weeks and then we added progesterone injections 5 days before the transfer. That transfer resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I miscarried, though, at 8.5 weeks. A few months later we transferred our remaining two embryos during a frozen transfer cycle. That resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For my second egg retrieval, Dr. Denis doubled my dosage of medications from my first cycle. We were hoping to get a lot of eggs so we could send the embryos off for PGS testing. I produced a lot of follicles, 17 on the day of the retrieval, however only 6 of those follicles had mature eggs in them. Out of those 6, 2 fertilized and 1 made it to day 5 to transfer resulting in a negative pregnancy test. That is when Dr. Denis diagnosed me with poor ovarian reserve. We then switched to donor eggs. For our donor egg cycle, we used frozen eggs. They were thawed and fertilized and on day 5 we transferred 1 embryo. I was on the same protocol I was always on for frozen embryo transfers, estrace pills and progesterone injections. I am now 34 weeks pregnant with that baby.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
Monitoring appointments were typically very smooth. There was a specific window in the mornings, 8-10 that they scheduled monitoring appointments and blood work. If you were not having blood work done, you could come in at a later time for the monitoring ultrasound. The appointments were scheduled, but it was more of a first come first serve basis. If my appointment was scheduled for 8:30, but I arrived at 8:15 and the person who's appointment was at 8:15 was not there yet, they would see me first. They didn't make you wait until your appointment time. This was very nice because you rarely had to wait long to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
The cost for our IVF cycle was $16,700. This did not include medications and this was with no insurance coverage. This included all monitoring visits, the egg retrieval, fertilization, monitoring of the embryos, the lab fees, doctors fees. Once you paid that amount, you did not receive another bill from them for that cycle.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

The whole ACRM team was wonderful, knowledgeable and friendly. I think they would do a back flip for us .... if we asked them to! Fast response times to calls and emails- you have a Patient Care Coordinator and an assigned nurse.
They made me feel like my husband and I were their #1 patient. The whole team was wonderful, knowledgable and friendly. I think they would do a back flip for us .... if we asked them to! Fast response times to calls and emails- you have a Patient Care Coordinator and an assigned nurse. My husband and I both did not want to leave their care to go back to our ( also wonderful ) OB!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay )
She is a PA and she would always call to check in on me if she had not heard from me in a few days. She always was honest with me and really made me feel like I was a " normal " person throughout the process since it's easy to feel like you are the only one going through something!
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
She was AMAZING. She explained everything from start to finish thoroughly. She understood the emotions and frustrations my husband and I were going through. She really comforted both of us throughout the IUI and IVF process- she still checks in on us and we are in our 2nd trimester! I cannot say enough about her. Even when we did not see her ( IUI, IVF embryo TRANSFER) we knew that the other doctors would take care of us. They have " round tables " and discuss all patients so each doctor knew what situation they were walking into...
To trust her. We did 2 IUIs which both resulted in negative pregnancy tests ( I did not want to do more than 1 because of how upset the negative result made me ) but with each one we learned more about what was going on in my body/specific circumstance and we were able to find a solution through IVF that worked.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM.

The only egregious things [at ACRM] were the room charges for retrievals and transfers that weren't covered by insurance and didn't count towards OOP maximums...I was under 35, so the clinic/doctor strongly recommended only transferring one 5-day embryo. I only had one, so it wasn't really elective...It is a well-oiled large machine. It is entirely possible to feel like a number, but treatment moves quickly and they seem to be pretty on top of the latest protocols and approaches. The finance office is kind of a disaster, but I think that is very much a norm for IVF clinics.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Fogle was very warm and happy to answer all questions in great detail. She always seemed to know my history and to be genuinely rooting for my success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Takera)
Takera felt like a giant roadblock to getting the answers that I needed in a timely manner. I wish there had been a nursing hotline or better yet a patient portal so that I could get answers from whoever had time to give them.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle was great until things went wrong. When only 2/14 eggs fertilized, it was difficult to get any information about why that might have happened or to have a conversation about whether a 3-day transfer might be more appropriate than a 5-day transfer. We did get pregnant with our 5-day transfer, but I still wanted answers about fertilization rates and was basically told that I was pregnant and my cycle was a success so I should move on and be grateful.
She got very defensive when questioned about the cycle outcome. It was unpleasant. But as long as you are an easy case, she is great.
We did 2 rounds of timed intercourse with femara, and 2 iuis with femara (ultimately increased dosage to 7.5 to get more than 2 mature eggs for iui). For IVF we did an antagonist protocol, which I was told would involve icsi, but ultimately didn't (another communication breakdown that was upsetting).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I had good insurance. With co-pays we probably spent less than 3k. The only egregious things were the room charges for retrievals and transfers that weren't covered by insurance and didn't count towards OOP maximums

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office [ACRM] was always busy and it didn't seem that he [Dr. Jim Toner] took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed...Janelle was amazing. She was always great with bloodwork and coordinating prescriptions for the doctor if needed. My nurse (I forgot her name!) Was great as well. The back office staff is always sweet and we're great to talk about any issues I was dealing with.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I've been to 2 of the locations. The offices themselves are very nice, but the front office is fairly flaccid at both locations. No greeting or 'how are you?'. They also don't run your insurance before hand if your insurance changes- one of the reasons we stopped having the iui's performed was because my insurance changed. They didn't run it the first 2 visits after and made me pay out of pocket, which was almost $1000. Then i found out my insurance covered nothing, so we stopped the iui midcycle.
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office was always busy and it didn't seem that he took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Janelle (phlebotomist))
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He was direct and to the point, and explained things fairly well. He was willing to answer all of my questions, but was always rushed. I felt that I was in good hands though. I think if there were better emotional support from him I would feel better. However, I would rather have a competent physician that wasnt overly friendly vs a super friendly physician who may not know exactly what they were talking about or what needed to be done.
Be prepared to feel a bit like a number. I've heard so many good things about the office, so even though we didn't have success yet doesn't mean that they won't.
We started with bloodwork, naturally. My husband was diagnosed with low testosterone, and even though his sperm count was still in the normal range, it was on the low side. He was prescribed clomid to help with his testosterone, which in turn boosted his sperm count over the next few months. As far as I'm concerned, my bloodwork came back all within a normal range. I was then sent for a hsg, which showed that my tubes were clear. Dr. Toner then met with us to discuss a game plan. Dr. Toner thought that we just had a bit of 'bad luck' over the previous 18 months and want us to give iui a try. Every month, my husbands sperm count rose but I did not/ have not fallen pregnant as of yet. Going on 3 years of trying!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Baseline ultrasound and bloodwork- approx. $500 Midcycle ultrasound and bloodwork- approx. $500 Hsg- approx $400 Iui- approx $300

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jim Toner at ACRM.

The [ACRM nurses] are very organized, always made my f/u appointments for me, knew exactly what the next step that I needed was in relation to medication, blood test, etc.
The entire team is personable, knowledgable and very kind. Dr. Fogle was both candid and hopeful in my initial and subsequent visits. She responds promptly and attentively to email questions and inquiries about treatment options. She is open and warm. She is intentional about writing clear processes and protocol out on paper that you can take home at look at again when all the initial dust and information settle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tareeka)
They always called the same day with results and explained exactly what each level meant in relation to target levels. They are very organized, always made my f/u appointments for me, knew exactly what the next step that I needed was in relation to medication, blood test, etc.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
We are still working with Dr. Fogle. I find her very learner-oriented. At my first session she reviewed the protocol she intended to follow, along with success rates and wrote it all down clearly on a piece of paper for me to take home, which helped simplify the packet of information the clinic provides you with. She is cheery and energetic.. The only thing I am surprised by is that I don't see her for every procedure. All three of our IUIs were done by another doctor at the facility. Two fell on a Saturday, so am not sure if she would have done them herself had they fallen during the week.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, Dr. Fogle is extremely patient and very happy to explain things over and over until you understand. You will not see her at every procedure.
I already had been diagnosed with PCOS and am 36, so those two were the only factors they identified as, thankfully, all my levels and my husband's levels were within normal range. Protocol was to complete three IUIs before first attempt at IVF. We are in our third IUI currently. The clinic seems to have a standard protocol to do a series of blood and hormone tests initially. I then had the HSG procedure which uses dye to eliminate the possibility of blockages in the fallopian tubes. For each round of IUI, administer the drug letrozole to induce ovulation and check progesterone levels and vaginal ultrasound before initiating letrozole and mid-cycle to check how your ovaries respond to the drug. If no ovulation by about day 14, they prescribed the HCG injection to force ovulation and IUI scheduled for the following day. One week following the IUI return for bloodwork for progesterone levels to confirm ovulation and assure uterine lining is sufficient to support the baby. The first two cycles of IUI were unsuccessful, we are waiting for results of the third. I did request the third cycle we use Clomid instead of letrozole only b/c I had conceived our daughter three years earlier on clomid and wanted to try something different since the first two IUIs were unsuccessful. I still had to have the HCG shot with Clomid.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
My nurse [at ACRM - Atl Per] was actually pretty good, though like everyone else at the clinic never congratulated us when we conceived or expressed sorrow when we lost the pregnancies...There is not a culture of compassion for the patients...You will sometimes have to wait a really long time for your appointment... Strengths: Free parking. People who draw blood are very good. Able to get early morning (before work) appointments most of the time...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Weaknesses: they have set protocols and don't like to vary from them. They will cancel treatment cycles against your wishes (in my opinion, to protect their success rates). There is not a culture of compassion for the patients. You will likely not get to see your doctor much/at all during your treatment cycle - you'll see a different doctor at every appointment who doesn't know you and won't take the time to get to know you - you'll just be names on a chart. You will sometimes have to wait a really long time for your appointment. Strengths: Free parking. People who draw blood are very good. Able to get early morning (before work) appointments most of the time.
My fertility issues did not "fit the mold." We attempted three IVF cycles and were cancelled each time prior to retrieval, against our wishes (the doctor/clinic didn't think there were enough eggs to even try; we just wanted a chance). Basically, we were told they had three protocols and we had tried them all so our "only option" was to move on to donor eggs (note: we switched clinics and were successful on our first cycle with them). I believe the doctor/clinic is probably ok for 90% of people/couples who are "easy" but terrible for those in the other 10%. Also, in the 10 months we worked with this doctor/clinic, we conceived twice (one on our own on a break cycle and once after a cancelled-IVF-converted-to-IUI cycle). We lost both pregnancies but my issue with the doctor (and everyone else at this clinic) is that with neither pregnancy did we hear a "congratulations" upon conception or any expression of sorrow when we lost the pregnancy. Also, I hated that we didn't get to see our doctor during our treatment cycle - we saw a different doctor at every appointment who didn't know us and didn't want to take the time to get to know us; we were just names on a chart. They made decisions about our care without knowing our situation or preferences.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha)
My nurse was actually pretty good, though like everyone else at the clinic never congratulated us when we conceived or expressed sorrow when we lost the pregnancies.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
In my experience she was unwilling to think outside the box/vary from set protocols. She dismissed our preferences (e.g., continue with retrieval despite few eggs), in my opinion, to protect the clinic's success rates (little did she know that our first attempt with a different clinic would be successful). She had little-to-no interaction with us during our cycles. She never congratulated us when we conceived (twice in our ten months with the clinic) or expressed sorrow when either pregnancy failed (at least not until I pointed this fact out to her at which point she did tell us she was sorry but it seemed to be very hard for her to do).
If, for whatever reason, you decide to give her/this clinic a try and are unsuccessful after a cycle or two, SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT CLINIC (may I suggest Dr. Shapiro at RBA?). If you don't fit the mold, find a doctor/clinic that will think outside the box/treat you as an individual.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
I was fortunate and had most expenses covered by insurance. I paid $40 for each visit (including blood draws, unfortunately) plus out-of-pocket for the meds insurance wouldn't cover.

2006 - 2011
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[ACRM is a] Smaller practice and office which was nice. They don't keep you with one doctor, they have meetings weekly to discuss the patients in treatment but as the patient it feels like they don't really have a handle on who you are or what your situation is...Because I had already done clomid, IUIs, IVF and was being refered to Egg Donation his one last attempt to do IVF with my eggs before making his own assessment of Egg Donation he used the highest doses possible on that cycle of IVF. Regardless I was still cancelled the day before retrieval,
2006 - 2011
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with ACRM.
That practice did not give you one Dr, they all saw you - you rotated through depending on who was in the office that day. Dr. Denis was my main doctor but when other doctors came in they did not always know exactly where I stood in my cycle, progress, situation, condition, etc.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I went to ACRM and Dr. Denis as a second opinion after being told to use egg donation. Before he concurred he gave me one last go at IVF with my own eggs. I got cancelled the day before retrieval. After this transpired he agreed that Egg Donation was the right course of action for me. I got pregnant with twins through egg donation. At the three month mark I graduated to to my OBGYN. At my first appointment with my obgyn it was determined that Baby B had a severe omphalocele. My high-risk doctor performed a selective reduction on Baby B. Two days later Baby A died as a result of the procedure. I had a D and C. Two weeks later I went back to Dr. Denis to discuss the matter and what course of action to take next. I wanted to stop all RE efforts for 6 months while I went holistic to take a different approach. Dr. Denis told me that it would be unethical for him to agree to do that. That is was basically hopeless and that he would not work with me on my new plan. I went to another practice, found someone who would work with me and had twins with my own eggs via IVF 18 months later. In all that happened to me the worst day was the day that Dr. Denis told me there was no hope. I still believe he owes me an apology. I think he has no recollection of me and my case but one day I will introduce him to my children!!!
Don't go.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
They [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] were very helpful regarding insurance and out of pocket costs. There were some times when paperwork was misplaced or not sent when requested, but I think there were some changes when ACRM merger with CCRM which complicated things financially.... Lost paperwork and failed to get preapproval from insurance for some diagnostic testing.... Mirrin kept us informed and answered questions and concerns promptly.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They were very helpful regarding insurance and out of pocket costs. There were some times when paperwork was misplaced or not sent when requested, but I think there were some changes when ACRM merger with CCRM which complicated things financially.
Dr. Calhoun was very personable. She explained options clearly and answered all of our many questions.
Mirrin kept us informed and answered questions and concerns promptly.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun was very companionate and understanding. She took time to explain our options, potential risks and answered our questions. She was willing to work with us to come up with the best plan for us based on our situation.
It doesn’t hurt to go in for a consultation even if you are not sure that you are ready to proceed with treatment. Dr. Calhoun never pressured us and always made us feel comfortable asking questions. She was very thorough when explaining testing and treatment options.
The 3 IUIs were done simultaniously with Clomid and trigger shot. For our prep for egg retrieval we used menopur, gonal f, microdose lupron, estrogen (vaginally), and progesterone. For our 3 donor egg FETs we have used lupron, progesterone, steroid, estrogen (vaginally), and progesterone
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
3 IUIs=$7500 each Failed Egg Retrieval Cycle w/o transfer=$25,000 Donor eggs=$10,000 3 FETs w/donor eggs =$5000 each There were other costs for testing that I do not recall.
We have only done single embryo transfers by our own choice.
Atlanta Perimeter

Nurses [at ACRM] rotate, but My assigned nurse does most of the communication for test results...The nurses are very friendly. The doctors do procedures on a rotation so your main doctor isn’t always the one performing your procedure. However, all of the doctors we have worked with have been great...Sometimes it takes longer then is should for your patient coordinator to get in touch with you. Everyone in the office is very friendly from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Sometimes it takes longer then is should for your patient coordinator to get in touch with you. Everyone in the office is very friendly from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. The nurses are very friendly. The doctors do procedures on a rotation so your main doctor isn’t always the one performing your procedure. However, all of the doctors we have worked with have been great.
Dr. Fogle is very nice, understanding, and to the point about your treatment. My husband and I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Fogle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Magen)
Nurses rotate, but My assigned nurse does most of the communication for test results.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
My best friend recommended Dr. Fogle to my husband and I in our quest for a child. When we first met her she was prepared with all of our information and test we had sent over. She was ready with a course of action to follow. She re-reviewed previous test results and found a septum in my uterus which she was able to correct. From there we have had two IUIs one failed round, and currently waiting on results for our second. Working ahead she has already worked with us to plan our next steps. She offers professional advice while also leaving room for our input. She has been great to work with.
Be open to all courses of treatment.
We did 100mg of clomid both rounds and a trigger shot to start ovulation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Treatment is ongoing but so in a ball park of $4,00 to $6,000.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
We are self pay so this journey has been expensive so far. Ultrasound costs are confusing, as sometimes they are x price and another time they're y price even though the action is the same.... very nice often, responsive via email which is quite helpful. however, sometimes i am stuck waiting in the waiting room [ACRM] for a long time without communication. based on the amount we're paying them, faster service and communication in the office would be appreciated.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with ACRM.
very nice often, responsive via email which is quite helpful. however, sometimes i am stuck waiting in the waiting room for a long time without communication. based on the amount we're paying them, faster service and communication in the office would be appreciated.
Treated with care and compassion. She was real, yet warm and understanding.
She is straight to the point which is fine, but not much compassion and I dont get the sense that she is particularly interested in us or our success.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
I very much enjoyed the consultation, in that Dr Hasty was very personable, positive, and seemed to care about us. I also saw her at my follow up ultrasound appointment and again felt very positively toward her and appreciated being greeted with a hug. However, the last I saw her was July and it is now October...
ask how often you'll have facetime and request a clear plan of action
Because there is no clear issue with my body nor my husband's, Dr Hasty reco's a few rounds of IUI. I appreciated that she didn't rush us into IVF, but I'd like to understand and see her broader strategy for us. Right now it feels very day-by-day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
We are self pay so this journey has been expensive so far. Ultrasound costs are confusing, as sometimes they are x price and another time they're y price even though the action is the same. they said they're looking for different things in each scenario, but that does not seem to be the case in reality.

Other, Unexplained
Beautiful facility- bit did feel like a number and not a person while working with ACRM. I personally like more of a gentle understanding bedside manner, while battling infertility. I was warned of this before my appointment, but tried them anyway. They have great offices, and docs with great track records, but I did not receive the type of care I was hoping for.... Very nice facility but was given general info that seemed inaccurate after seeing another fertility doc.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern, Other
Describe your experience with ACRM.
felt like i was rushed through as a number and not a patient. had issues with fertility drugs with ob/gyn and was referred to ACRM - Dr Calhoun. Very nice facility but was given general info that seemed inaccurate after seeing another fertility doc.
did not have much experience with them
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I was told I had too many follicles after 1st appointment and ultrasound - and told I could not do IUI because I would be like "octomom". After meeting with another RE - learned that was not necessarily the case.
She is good, but is more like a business - was my experience. I also asked about Chinese medicine - and was response was she seemed opposed.
Decided to go with Chinese medicine after she wanted to put me on Tamoxifan as a treatment (breast cancer treatment medicine), after I already had allergic reaction to Letrozole.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
Do not recall. i decided to try chinese medicine after my appointment
Atlanta Perimeter

Overall the office staff [ACRM- Johns Creek] is professional however they could be a little better at communicating and also having compassion. As the patient you must be your own advocate! The financial advisors could be a little more helpful as well....Dr. Carpenter made me feel like I mattered.... She emailed me and updated me personally as opposed to her office staff updating me. She called me herself to tell me that the transfer worked and that I was finally pregnant. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Carpenter.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall the office staff is professional however they could be a little better at communicating and also having compassion. As the patient you must be your own advocate! The financial advisors could be a little more helpful as well.
Dr. Carpenter made me feel like I mattered. She went out of her way to make sure I understood what was going on. She emailed me and updated me personally as opposed to her office staff updating me. She called me herself to tell me that the transfer worked and that I was finally pregnant. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Carpenter.
Be your own advocate!
I did IVF and did a freeze all cycle because we genetically tested all embryos. We did an antagonist protocol. We used follistim, menopur, and cetrotide. Did a trigger shot then had the egg retrieval 36 hours later. About a month later we did a single embryo transfer and used estrace and progesterone to support the pregnancy. The transfer was successful and resulted in a healthy baby girl.
Johns Creek

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I have not had any problems with ACRM. They are very professional and informative. I'm always told how much my appointment is going to cost before hand and everyone is very friendly and there to help...staff always responds to my questions and treats me like they really care. ACRM has been wonderful!...Megan and Vanessa have been wonderful. They are always very quick to reply to my emails and keep me posted on what's next...I have been totally informed on financial responsibility before any treatment was performed..
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr Fogle is very caring and understanding on the topic of infertility. She has kept me informed and her staff always responds to my questions and treats me like they really care. ACRM has been wonderful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr Fogle has been very thorough with my condition and treatment. She has covered all her bases with testing and even though there have been some unexpected diagnoses while undergoing my myomectomy, She has stayed positive and made me feel very well cared for.
To trust Dr Fogle with your care, and to always ask questions and voice your concerns. She is there to help you.
I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids, tubal blockage, and PCOS at the same time. After undergoing testing and Dr Fogle performing my myomectomy and tubal removal, she discovered stage 3 endometriosis. I will under go an HSG once healing is complete to examine my other tube. Dr Fogle is thinking my other tube isnt functioning properly as well. If this is true, IVF is my only option. My HSG is set to be done in early June.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Cost so far has been for blood work, ultrasound, and my surgery. I have been totally informed on financial responsibility before any treatment was performed
None- IVF IS THE NEXT STEP FOR ME (more than likely)