Genetic counseling: Offered
Johns Creek, GA 30097
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ACRM to a friend?

2019 - 2020
Dr. Patel and her entire team treated me the absolute best care I could have ever expected. She was always available when I needed her... or even if I was just having anxieties, or sad about something. She was very open and honest about everything and while continuing to have great patient/ bedside manner she never led me on about the statistics or my chances of conceiving... During my consults she was the one who came and got me from the waiting room. Which is so telling of her as a physician. She cares, she gets invested in your success. Dr. Patel always has a smile on her face even when I was breaking down she kept me positive and never gave up on me even when I was giving up on myself. I am going into this as a “solo mom by choice” and never once did I ever feel judged for the path I was taking. She trea
At my egg retrieval [at ACRM] we were able to retrieve 20 mature eggs! 12 of which fertilized and 4 of those made it to the blastocyst stage. After the PGS testing I was left with 2 perfect embryos!...I have anxiety and she [nurse] was such a great communicator and always so accepting of my questions no matter how silly I thought they were. She would reach out to me when She knew I needed a kind word...The costs of going to ACRM we on par with any other clinic when looking at IVF costs.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is an incredible physician and I would recommend her to anyone seeking fertility treatment. During my consults she was the one who came and got me from the waiting room. Which is so telling of her as a physician. She cares, she gets invested in your success. Dr. Patel always has a smile on her face even when I was breaking down she kept me positive and never gave up on me even when I was giving up on myself. I am going into this as a “solo mom by choice” and never once did I ever feel judged for the path I was taking. She treated me with the same care she would with a couple with infertility issues. After my 3 IUI’s Dr. Patel was very honest about the chances of my success with continued IUI’s. I was very scared to move to IVF but she took the time with me to calm my fears and help me understand the whole process. She is truly the greatest physician I’ve ever encountered and I would recommend her to anyone seeking care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s open and accepting of any and all questions. I continually came to my appointments with a notebook I would keep my questions in and she took the time to answer them all in detail with me. She is always available to call or email and understands the fear and questions you WILL have during this process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
My first two IUI’s I was on different dosages of letrozole while helping to create a very large follicle they never created more than one which is what we like to have in IUI’s. On my third IUI she tried a combination of Letrozole and Clomid which worked so much better I was able to develop several follicles while it still was unsuccessful it helped us to see my body really responded to Clomid. When we moved to IVF she was able to add Clomid along with the injectable gonadotropins to help me develop many follicles during my IVF cycle. At my egg retrieval we were able to retrieve 20 mature eggs! 12 of which fertilized and 4 of those made it to the blastocyst stage. After the PGS testing I was left with 2 perfect embryos! Dr. Patel personally does her own transfers which was so very important to me! After my transfer she had me on estrogen tablets and progesterone injections which are typical of IVF transfers but she also added estrogen patches for good measure. When I got the call about my positive pregnancy test Dr. Patel made the call personally which again was so very important to me. She did all of my IVF scans and all of my OB scans. She takes a personal interest in her patients and that means so very much to me as this is such a huge undertaking!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens )
Caitlin was ridiculously good at her job. I have anxiety and she was such a great communicator and always so accepting of my questions no matter how silly I thought they were. She would reach out to me when She knew I needed a kind word. She always had a smile on her face and always took the time to explain any test results that came back. When she had to call and let me know when my pregnancy tests were negative I always knew what she was going to say before she said it. I could hear it in her voice. She cared..: she was invested... so much so she even checked in on me and how my transfer went even after she was on maternity leave. She had the best patient nurse relationship I’ve ever seen in any nurse and I was so impressed with her professionalism.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I went to the Marietta clinic mostly but as I was using donor sperm I was often at the perimeter location as well. Both offices are very clean, very open and light, the staff at both locations are incredible. I would truly leave each location and think you have to be some of the kindest people. The rooms were always so clean and both clinics were beyond prompt with my appointment times. I never had to wait for my appointments in fact quite often I was in a room even before my appointment time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.
The costs of going to ACRM we on par with any other clinic when looking at IVF costs. The costs were always explained upfront and I never showed up to the office and expected one cost and was asked to pay another. They always attempted to run through insurance before my costs were explained. I always had great communication with my IVF finance accounts person and she was very open about costs and due dates.
Describe Bansari (Bonnie) Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
I had my embryos genetically tested to ensure quality and when I asked Dr. Patel about her thoughts on transferring both embryos VS one she explained that when genetically tested embryos transferring more than one embryo doesn’t increase your chances of pregnancy it increases your chances of multiples. While she left the final decision up to me I chose to take her advice and only transfer one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.

ACRM is a large clinic with multiple locations, so if it's important for you to deal with the same person for every visit, every blood draw, ultrasound, etc., this may not be the place for you. ... Their office runs like a well oiled machine - I usually get in and out quickly (for quick baselines, bloodwork, etc.) and it's easy to get an appointment scheduled quickly.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Our diagnosis is very rare and upsetting - my husband has azoospermia and we have to do a TESE to see if we can extract any sperm for IVF. When we first saw her, my husband was on Clomid to try to see if we could get any sperm production. Dr. Fogle was realistic with us that even if we got sperm in the next analysis, that we would need a certain amount to even consider IUI. She was direct, yet compassionate, in explaining that IVF/ICSI would most likely be our only course of action. We left the appointment feeling like we were in good hands. When my husband did his next semen analysis, Dr. Fogle called during her lunch to give us the results (no sperm again), so that we wouldn't have to receive the news over email. Again, over the phone, just like our in person consultation, she gave me the time to ask all of my questions, she was compassionate and empathetic about the results and she was direct with me that IVF/ICSI along with TESE was the treatment path we had to take. I can also reach her at any time via her direct email. She is incredible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Don't be afraid to ask your questions! She gives the best explanations, and I always understand her answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle really took her time to sit down with us in our consultation - at no time did we feel like she was rushing us. She gave us the time to ask all of our questions, and she was very thorough but understandable in her explanations. I never felt like she glossed over any of our questions. She made sure that we understood everything. She was direct and upfront with us, but she also was very empathetic.
Describe the protocols Robin Fogle used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We have not yet started IVF. Dr. Fogle decided to wait to cycle me for a retrieval until after my husband's TESE next month. If we do not find sperm, we will not be continuing with donor sperm, and she is cognizant of the money we would waste on a retrieval cycle and the stress it would put on us both to time it just right and to do a retrieval the same day as the TESE.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Demaline)
My primary nurse is amazing. She is very responsive via email - she always responds within a few hours, and she is on top of coordinating my care. She is incredibly caring.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM is a really nice clinic. We love our doctor and nurse, and everyone we have worked with has been extremely kind. Their perimeter location is really nice - I haven't been to their other offices. ACRM is a large clinic with multiple locations, so if it's important for you to deal with the same person for every visit, every blood draw, ultrasound, etc., this may not be the place for you. Even though I don't see the same nurse every time, and Dr. Fogle doesn't always do my ultrasounds, I always feel like the two of them are on top of my care and stay in close contact with me. Their office runs like a well oiled machine - I usually get in and out quickly (for quick baselines, bloodwork, etc.) and it's easy to get an appointment scheduled quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
IVF/ICSI with PGS testing is going to be about $19000 + meds. Each additional transfer is $4400.
Describe Robin Fogle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Fogle does not recommend multiple embryo transfer for someone my age. I am glad that she keeps the health and safety of her patients ahead of any desire to get better success stats.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
When I was hospitalized, Dr. Fogle saw me daily in the hospital - I even had her cell phone and she checked in constantly via text... She did warn us about "Dr. Google" but she took the time to answer every far fetched question I had about anything I read online. Always upbeat when we saw her. Initially when we started at ACRM, yes we had the doctor rotation for monitoring, procedures, etc. But we're at a point in the process where Dr. Fogle is doing everything herself to ensure that I'm getting the treatment and level of care that she wants. She fully trusts the other doctors in the practice, but the fact that she wants to see it all through really means a lot.
I've had 3 primary nurses [at ACRM -Altanta Perimeter]. The first moved out of state, the second went out on leave, and I'm still working with the third. All compassionate, answered all questions I had in a timely manner. I really like that I can send off an email and get an answer in a reasonable amount of time...reading material was provided to us to review and all consults stressed single FET transfers. I only had a single embryo for FET, so there was no option for multiples.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is amazing. From the first consult she has been kind, patient and thorough. She will go over everything in incredible detail, taking as much time as needed to answer questions. She did warn us about "Dr. Google" but she took the time to answer every far fetched question I had about anything I read online. Always upbeat when we saw her. Initially when we started at ACRM, yes we had the doctor rotation for monitoring, procedures, etc. But we're at a point in the process where Dr. Fogle is doing everything herself to ensure that I'm getting the treatment and level of care that she wants. She fully trusts the other doctors in the practice, but the fact that she wants to see it all through really means a lot.
Do your research, ask questions, be patient. Dr. Fogle did give realistic expectations for each procedure, but we still went into everything overconfident that we would beat the odds. Be realistic with yourself, listen to her and your care team. Don't be hard and beat yourself up if things don't go perfectly.
ACRM is an extremely busy clinic. However everyone that I saw on a regular basis was extremely compassionate and empathetic. I've had an unusually high number of complications. The follow up has been incredible. The phlebotomist techs knew me by face and name, not just as a name on a piece of paper. Even the check out clerks were the same. When I miscarried, every person I saw was crying right along with me. When I was hospitalized, Dr. Fogle saw me daily in the hospital - I even had her cell phone and she checked in constantly via text.
2 IUIs, 6 attempted IVF cycles resulting in 4 retrievals 1 IUI conversion and 1 complete cancellation/hospitalization IUI's had clomid followed by progesterone orally. Negative beta's. IVF cycles: E2 Priming x2, MiniStim x2, Microdose Flare x2. One of the E2 Priming and one of the Microdose Flare protocols resulted in 1 frozen embryo but CCS genetic screening showed a chromosome mismatch. One E2 Priming resulted in all embryos arresting. One Microdose Flare resulted in 1 embryo that was CCS chromosomal normal. That FET resulted in a miscarriage. One ministim was cancelled and the other converted into an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
I've had 3 primary nurses. The first moved out of state, the second went out on leave, and I'm still working with the third. All compassionate, answered all questions I had in a timely manner. I really like that I can send off an email and get an answer in a reasonable amount of time.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It's clear when you are there in the waiting room that ACRM sees a large volume of patients. But it's also clear that they've gained tremendous experience and insight to a process that's still mostly an unknown. There's so much about fertility (or lack there of) that the medical profession just doesn't know. The financial group is not quite as with it as the medical side. If there's anything "different" about a cycle that doesn't follow their normal procedure, it throws the finance person off and usually they forget to update a fill-in the blank type field with the correct information. Review everything, ask questions, keep records.
Yes, reading material was provided to us to review and all consults stressed single FET transfers. I only had a single embryo for FET, so there was no option for multiples.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not [Dr. Bansari Patel]...She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not...I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
My first assigned nurse [at ACRM] went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule...Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching...I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not. In fact my care was borderline negligence. I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
Don’t get distracted by her compassion for your situation and promise of success. Ask all the questions you need to and insist on having her direct info as her staff or main office line operators don’t seem to have authority to put you through to your own doctor in any event.
After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not dr. Patel. There seemed to be constant staff vacations or turnover which resulted in being able to speak to an actual human being over the phone impossible.
Estrogen 2 mg beginning day two of cycle. Progesterone two weeks later followed by injectable medications. Clomid for my husband for 8 to 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
My first assigned nurse went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule. It took her being sick and the her sub to get all this done in one day. After that it returned to almost zero communication and me having track her down to get half an answer. Patient care coordinator never answers the phone and is constantly out of office.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic was private, clean and did not allow children out of respect for patients feelings dealing with infertility. Location where procedures were done was clean and state of the art. Technicians and nurses there were pleasant and professional. Location was also very central making it easy to visit no matter where you are coming from. Billing department is a separate representative who sent me a work up of my costs in a massive email document written In technical and clinical terms that was very difficult for a person who is not a doctor to understand. This was also sent just a few days before payment was expected in full.
I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected. Everything was listed in medical and clinical terms that I couldn’t not understand so I had to call the representative to explain them to me which was still confusing as nobody had even fully gone over my protocol with me in a way I could understand. Also this payment was expected in full before I even started my injectable medications. These costs were also outrageously inflated compared to my current clinic and most clinics I researched.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Patel is very compassionate. She's always patient and never made us feel rushed. ... One thing we noticed is her challenge with providing detail in email communication/conversation. There were times where she didn't fully communicate what would be happening, and there were some surprises we came up against that we weren't expecting. ... After our initial consult and blood work, I was diagnosed with a severely diminished egg reserve at age 34. 0.3% to be exact. ...
ACRM is good at the following based on my experience: explaining protocols and surgery/procedure prep; follow up after surgery; they're pretty good at explaining financial responsibilities. ACRM could work on: overall communication (after our last retrieval, we were told we had 2 embryos by our doctor, only to get a call an hour later from the embryologist saying we only had 1. The mix up was heartbreaking. We eventually found out that the 2nd egg fertilized but not until the next day)
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is very compassionate. She's always patient and never made us feel rushed. She took the time to answer our questions, and explain next steps and courses of action. One thing we noticed is her challenge with providing detail in email communication/conversation. There were times where she didn't fully communicate what would be happening, and there were some surprises we came up against that we weren't expecting.
Do your research on your condition, if one is identified. Don't be afraid to fight for what you need, you're the best advocate for yourself. If something feels unsure, ASK!
Dr. Patel has a great bedside manner. She's compassionate and careful, but also communicates realistically. At this point, we feel we can trust her.
After our initial consult and blood work, I was diagnosed with a severely diminished egg reserve at age 34. 0.3% to be exact. We were thankful to have found this out early on. From there, Dr. Patel put me on one month of priming with estrogen, and the next month was my egg retrieval. I was put on the highest dose of gonal, menopur + omnitrope. She retrieved 4 eggs, 3 fertilized, and 1 embryo was determined to be genetically normal. We transferred it back the following month, but got a negative pregnancy test. So we immediatly moved into retrieval #2. Since my body didn't respond as well to the highest dose of drugs, my protocol was a lower dose of gonal + omnitrope in addition to clomid + letrazole. 6 eggs were retrieved, 2 fertilized but none made it through the week. She also found that my uteran lining was thinner this go round than last, likely due to chlomid side effects. We took a break from IVF for a month and plan to try again. This time with either little or no chlomid to prevent a thin lining, and we will do a day 3 fresh transfer vs freezing to see if that makes a difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meaghan Kent)
Some of the nursing staff was great, and we felt like they were compassionate and caring. Our main nurse was really hard to get in touch with. She rarely used an out of office email reply which caused confusion and frustration a few times when we needed info quickly. Our care coordinator was pretty responsive, but there were times when we had insurance related questions where she wasn't very helpful.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Cycle #1: $26,899.39 - meds, visits, retrieval, testing + transfer Cycle #2: $23,954.96 - meds, visits, retrieval

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr.Calhoun was absolutely amazing! She always made me feel comfortable , hopeful , and that she was as invested as we were. She always does an awesome job explaining our treatment and next steps. She is quick to adjust plans as needed. She has truly impacted our lives greatly and motivated me want to go into this field and help others the way she is helping us!!...always makes me feel like I matter and that my treatment is number one even though I know she has other clients. I truly believe she wants me to become pregnant as badly as we would like to be.
She [nurse at ACRM] was super responsive and caring!!...My appointments are anywhere from $110-200 Ultra sounds are anywhere from $150-300 In house blood work was $100 a test...Everyone always makes you feel welcomed and cared for! I don’t have any complaints of weaknesses that I have at with this clinic. I love our doctor and care team. Everyone is super responsive and helpful...We started with trying leterolze. I was not producing any mature eggs so she bumped up the dosage. Still no production or mature eggs so went to highest dosage. After that wasn’t successful she tried combined cycle of leterzole and clomid for five days. Again nothing so she Bumped up the dosages to the highest of both medications for ten days. Went in and finally had some mature eggs. We did a trigger shot and I ovulate for the first time ever but the cycle was not successful in a pregnancy. We went back to 10 days of clomid & leterzole. Nothing was growing so starting at a low dosage of gonal - f for seven days. Two eggs were maturing so we did a trigger shot. Currently in Two week wait.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr.Calhoun always makes me feel like I matter and that my treatment is number one even though I know she has other clients. I truly believe she wants me to become pregnant as badly as we would like to be.
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Maria )
She was super responsive and caring!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
My insurance didn’t cover any fertility treatments. My appointments are anywhere from $110-200 Ultra sounds are anywhere from $150-300 In house blood work was $100 a test
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.

Dr. Calhoun is always so kind and remembers personal things about your journey. You're never just a number...She makes you feel a lot better about a process that it's already extremely difficult to deal with. She is always so optomistic, which puts you in a better mindset. She has went above and beyond for me with everything...She is extremely knowledgeable and will make sure you have all of the answers you need...I was on Letrozole, Clomid, and Dexamethasone. The first 3 cycles were clomid and dexamethasone, the next 4 were all 3, and the current one is Letrozole and dexamethasone. I've always responded well with the Clomid, but it always thinned out my lining. I would trigger for ovulation after my mid cycle results came back and the IUI would be around 24 hours after. I have had failed cycles each time.
for IUI alone [at ACRM] I paid around $500 each time. I received bills all throughout the month for things like ultrasounds and bloodwork...One of the biggest strengths is how compassionate they are. This is a very scary and overwhleming process and they're with you every step of the way. Our next step is IVF. It is very expensive so we keep doing IUIs while saving up, but I dont feel as if we've exhausted all of our options to get there yet. I'm not sure if we've tried all the medications we can, for my husband and myself.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr Calhoun is very kind and compassionate. She makes you feel a lot better about a process that it's already extremely difficult to deal with. She is always so optomistic, which puts you in a better mindset. She has went above and beyond for me with everything.
Express any concerns and ask any questions you may have. She is extremely knowledgeable and will make sure you have all of the answers you need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin)
Everyone was so kind and were always very informative. While it's easy to feel alone in this scary process, they always make you feel like they're always by your side every step of the way. They are all so understanding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
for IUI alone I paid around $500 each time. I received bills all throughout the month for things like ultrasounds and bloodwork.

2017 - 2019
[Dr. Denis] explains it very well based on studies, researches etc. All based on your age, previous treatments, diagnosis, and others. I trusted in him and he convinced me that eSET was the best for me. It only took one for me to get pregnant on my first transfer with him!...Ask as many questions as you want... he will answer them! He has the facts, studies, examples, pictures ready for your appointment. I've been with different doctor (two previous failed transfers) and he was THE ONE that gave me my positive test on my very first transfer of this cycle. I'm very thankful and would definitely refer him to friends.
Strengths [at ACRM]: OMG! They have the best facility!...Love that they order only the necessary meds so you don't end up with left overs. They let you make appointments on both locations for your convenience. You'll have your nurse contact information and you can reach her anytime. They were really sweet and the called to let me know I had a positive pregnancy test :) Weaknesses: Not sure if they have one. Trying to think of something but I can't find anything relevant that bothered me. I'd say it's the fact that they don't work with your insurance. Let's say my EOB would say I could have a discount but it was up to them to accept it and they never did.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Well... to start with... he speaks portuguese as well. So it was nice to be able to speak our native language for a change. He is very kind, compassionate, but he can also be direct and he'll definitely tell you the whole truth. Ask as many questions as you want... he will answer them! He has the facts, studies, examples, pictures ready for your appointment. I've been with different doctor (two previous failed transfers) and he was THE ONE that gave me my positive test on my very first transfer of this cycle. I'm very thankful and would definitely refer him to friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
Don't hesitate to ask him questions. He works on both Buckhead and Perimeter location. So try to schedule where it's best for you. That's a plus :)
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
IVF Protocol Antagonist: - Started birth control pills on my CD3; - CD11 last birth control pill; - CD12 Baseline and bloodwork; - CD15 Started stimulation injection meds subcutaneously: 225IU of Gonal-F 1 Vial of Menopur (mixed with 1ml of saline) - CD20 (DOS6) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD20 (DOS6) Started Cetrotide 0.25mg injections; - CD22 (DOS8) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD24 (DOS10) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD24 (DOS10) Last injections of Menopur, Gonal-F and Cetrotide. - CD25 (DOS11) They put me on Cabergoline 0.5mg (1 tablet) for 8 nights because of high estrogen levels (risk of develop ovarian hyperstimulation symptoms); - CD25 (DOS11) Triger shot - Novarel 1,000 units subcutaneous at a specific time according to egg retrieval time; - CD25 (DOS11) Triger shot - 1hour later I took 4mg of Lupron (80 units) subcutaneous; - CD26 (DOS12) Triger shot - 12hours later I took the second dose of Lupron 4mg (80 units) subcutaneous - CD27 Egg Retrieval day (28 eggs retrieved; 23 mature; 20 fertilized; 11 made it to blast (5 were frozen on day 5 and 6 were frozen on day 6); all 11 were sent to PGS testing; 8 were normal and 1 did not get a reading (candidate to be retested in the future). - (CD1) 9 days after egg retrieval my period started ; - (CD2) Started birth control pills; - (CD12) SIS/Trial transfer appointment; - (CD17) Last birth control pill; - (CD19) Baseline and bloodwork appointment; - (CD20) Started Estrace 2mg (twice a day); - (CD26) Started Estrace 2mg (3 times a day); - (CD32) Midcycle ultrasound and bloodwork appointment; - (CD34) Started PIO (Progesterone sesame in oil 25mg); - (CD35) Increased PIO to 50mg; - (CD36) Started Medrol (Methylprednisolone) 16mg once daily, for 5 days; - (CD38) Bloodwork appointment (check progesterone and estrogen levels); - (CD39) Transfer day ( Transferred only 1 healthy PGS tested embryo); - (CD49) First pregnancy blood test; - (CD51) Second pregnancy blood test; - (CD54) Third pregnancy blood test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Kent)
They will give you a nurse that will be yours during your treatment there. Mine was out for a few days and when I called they gave me the nurse on call. I guess I was lucky because then I had two nurses to talk to and send emails with questions. Either phone or email they were very responsive. You can always get a hold of something if you need something.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strengths: OMG! They have the best facility! Also very well qualifies professionals (including embryologists). Love that they order only the necessary meds so you don't end up with left overs. They let you make appointments on both locations for your convenience. You'll have your nurse contact information and you can reach her anytime. They were really sweet and the called to let me know I had a positive pregnancy test :) Weaknesses: Not sure if they have one. Trying to think of something but I can't find anything relevant that bothered me. I'd say it's the fact that they don't work with your insurance. Let's say my EOB would say I could have a discount but it was up to them to accept it and they never did.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
I'm not able to tell the price because we used Attain finance program instead of payment directly to the clinic. But from where I recall: - Medications were self paid (I'm not sure but I don't think we reached the $5,000.00 we thought we would reach for the whole cycle- retrieval and transfer); - Anesthesia was also self paid ($515); - Preliminary Testing (i.e. Trial Transfer and SIS), also self paid; - For the baseline, biopsy and transfer a total of $16,540.00 - PGS is $1,950.00 (screening of up to 6 embryos and shipping); I guess that would be something around $25,000.00 (not included preliminary testing if you need it).
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
He explains it very well based on studies, researches etc. All based on your age, previous treatments, diagnosis, and others. I trusted in him and he convinced me that eSET was the best for me. It only took one for me to get pregnant on my first transfer with him!

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

I came to Dr. Calhoun after 3 unmonitored clomid cycles with my OBGYN. She recommend further testing HSG (came back good), SIS (came back good), SA was good. She suggested IUI with Letrozole. Our first IUI had 3 follicles, but a surprising low SA. It was a fail. She did further testing on my husband, found low testosterone and prescribed him Clomid. Second IUI had 2 follicles and good sperm counts, but was a fail..has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Strength is it’s [ACRM] large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept...My nurse had changed in my time at ACRM. The new nurse, Cailin is nice, but doesn’t seem very organized. I usually have to reach out to her for results, etc, and sometimes feel unclear about the information I get from her. Often another nurse will contact me with results or specific treatment information. My care coordinator, Bernice, is nice, but really only schedules appointments.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She seems involved and caring even when others are providing treatment. I’ve only met her twice. Once at the consult and again when she did my second IUI. However, she still seems very knowledgeable and invested in my case and treatment
She might be a bit of a ghost doctor, but she’s sweet and wants to get you pregnant
Dr. Calhoun has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder, Nurse and Bernice Care Coordinator)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strength is it’s large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
The costs for IUI quoted without insurance was roughly $1,000-$2,000. Whatever lab ACRM has onsite is out of network for both BCBS and Humana. So labs must be sent out or are an added fee
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
This has not been brought up in my treatment

Unexplained, Other
I felt that I was just another number because of how quickly I felt things were moving [with Dr. Andre Denis]. Of course, I want things to move quickly because we obviously want to conceive. Although he is very cordial, I felt that he was almost rehearsing a memorized speech for people choosing IUI and IVF...He has been nice, informative, and very open about what the next steps would be...If I had to choose, I probably would have chosen a woman doctor to have, probably because I would just feel more comfortable, not that Dr. Denis has made me feel uncomfortable in any way. He has been nice, informative, and very open about what the next steps would be.
Everyone has been very nice [at ACRM]. I just wish some would remember to smile :)...Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
European, Latino
Unexplained, Other
Ask all the questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I felt that I was just another number because of how quickly I felt things were moving. Of course, I want things to move quickly because we obviously want to conceive. Although he is very cordial, I felt that he was almost rehearsing a memorized speech for people choosing IUI and IVF.
We haven't gotten this far in the treatment process, but I did flag on labs regarding my adrenal glands. I had that lab retested, and he told me before hand if the DHEA was still elevated, he would want me to get an MRI, which is the next step for me right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi Parikh)
Everyone has been very nice. I just wish some would remember to smile :)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Very nice. Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
I had to pay co- pays each time, but my insurance covered most of my labs and most of my husbands labs. We had to pay OOP for semen analysis and some genetic labs. I have Anthem BCBS, and we are still working through what is covered, etc.

2013 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
For years, she [Dr. Lisa Hasty] told me to lose weight. I finally got my act together and got my BMI below 30 and she immediately started us with IVF with ICSI, PGS and frozen embryo transfer. We realized I had hydrosalpinx and needed to have my tubes removed before implantation. I am having surgery...She is very warm and welcoming and truly made you feel that she cared. She gave me hope and made me believe we were going to have a baby. I didn’t see her very often but she made up for it when I did see her. She took her time and I never felt rushed. She seemed to really be invested in my life and the outcome of my family.
[The nurse at ACRM] was hardly ever in the office. In fact I would send emails to her for two reasons...1 - to see when she would be back and 2 - to beg for further information. She was not helpful, compassionate and I felt like her emails were restricted to a 140 character limit with her responses...When she finally got around to sending me my protocol for a second cycle, it was too late for me to arrange for my medications in time...The clinic is very nice with a beautiful waiting room. The exam rooms are pretty average but fine for an ultrasound. They had me in and out of there very quickly with each visit and they usually called back as promised with results of blood work.
2013 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Go ahead and come with all the questions you want to ask. She’s willing to talk through everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty herself was wonderful. Her nurse, Michelle DeLoach, acted like she didn’t have the patience to be dealing with something so silly as helping someone fulfill a lifelong dream while spending their entire savings.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
For years, she told me to lose weight. I finally got my act together and got my BMI below 30 and she immediately started us with IVF with ICSI, PGS and frozen embryo transfer. We realized I had hydrosalpinx and needed to have my tubes removed before implantation. I am having surgery in July.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle DeLoach)
Michelle DeLoach was hardly ever in the office. In fact I would send emails to her for two reasons...1 - to see when she would be back and 2 - to beg for further information. She was not helpful, compassionate and I felt like her emails were restricted to a 140 character limit with her responses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
Insurance covered some but PGS testing, cryo and storage, and some medications were extra.
Describe Lisa Hasty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
We have not yet gotten to that stage.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room, when I did my consultation and [Dr. Carpenter] kept checking her text messages and breaking off while talking to me to do so. At first I liked how she mapped out the course of treatment, but then I found out she told me a lot of wrong information (which medication, antibiotics, which labs they would run and which they wouldn’t because my obgyn had already run, etc)...
I was REALLY disappointed with my care at ACRM. They don’t seem to have their act together. This is such a stressful issue, the very least I would expect is for them to have some organization and compassion. And I shouldn’t have to email 3 times to get a response from a nurse. If the policy is to respond to email in 24 hours, actually stick to it, and if you don’t apologize for taking so long to respond. Also...there should be someone somewhere who answers a phone. If a patient is freaking out about finding out what location they were supposed to be at because they don’t call or send reminder/verification messages for appointments, the patient should at least be able to reach a receptionist
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
If she isn’t paying attention to you, tell her that you are paying for the consultation, you expect her to be present. Also, ask her what you should do if anything changes from what she is telling you along the way (should you tell your nurse, etc)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room, when I did my consultation and kept checking her text messages and breaking off while talking to me to do so. She gave me information which later ended up being incorrect, her office canceled my HSG appointment and couldn’t reschedule it so they outsourced me to another place (not one of their locations), they scheduled my initial appointment and didn’t tell me which location (indicated it was with my original location but it was not).
Describe the protocols Sue Ellen Carpenter used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Initially she told me they would do a base ultrasound on day 3, along with a panel of hormones, etc. She told me she wouldn’t redo tests my doc had already done (she did though because apparently she doesn’t put anything she says in the system). She then told me they would set up the HSG and the MidCycle ultra sound and blood work at the same time and I should take the antibiotic a day before the HSG and continue until I was done with the course (5 days) this changed because she never noted it in my file and forgot what she told me. I would go on letrozole on my 3rd day of my cycle, come in for an iui (maybe do a trigger shot depending on my follicial size st my mid cycle).
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri was my nurse and abelina was my patient care coordinator)
I was pretty disappointed with their scheduling. My care coordinator was nice, but the office had some serious issues with scheduling. My HSG (which I scheduled at the beginning of my cycle) got cancelled and they couldn’t reschedule - I had to go to Northside Hospital radiology to get it done instead, which was really disappointing
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
It’s definitely not cheap. It was about 1500 for intial blood work and ultrasound, 1500 for the HSG, 500 for midpoint ultrasound, 499 for iui, etc
Describe Sue Ellen Carpenter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
No idea
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.

Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me...Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating.
She [nurse at ACRM] has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive...Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00...When I made my first appointment, they were suppose to call me back to let me know what I would owe. I wasn't sure what my insurance would cover. I did not hear back from them. Upon arrival I was told it was only a specialist co-pay. You may want to make sure that you figure this out prior to your appointment as that could play a big part in you proceeding with fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is extremely thorough with providing me with the information needed to make a informed decision. She was prompt and to the point when needed, yet had a soft and understanding side as well. I appreciate that it was not pressured to just jump in. She wanted to know that I understood how everything worked.
Just be open and honest with your concerns or questions.
I am a 41yo who has been TTC for 1 year. I have no children. My husband has 3 children. We have been married for 1 month!! I finally met a man who wants to have children and I can't get pregnant... I went into this with little to no knowledge other than the internet, blogs & Instagram. My regular OBGYN's were no help, their only answer was see a fertility doctor. With not having insurance, I wasn't even sure that was a option for us. Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me. I was embarrassed that my husband had to work & could not go with me. Would she think that I was the only one interested in having a child? Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating. I learned things that I did not know, which I was able to share with my husband. She expressed her empathy with my feelings and concerns. I feel like she understood where my heart was coming from. She was honest & discussed the percentages of me getting pregnant on my own. What our options were &where would be the best starting place. We discussed the best financial options for us. She advised me to have a few test done elsewhere to save money. She was not pushy with getting me to sign up or make a commitment that day. She encouraged me to think about the options & talk with my husband. Upon leaving she gave me her card and wrote in her email address in case we had any other questions. We have decided to continue and will definitely be using Dr. Patel. Her staff has also been helpful and very responsive.
I have done 3 cycles of clomid before seeing Dr. Patel, so we made the decision to start with labs to see what is going on with me. She found a few items of concern. So, I am starting thyroid medication, a HSG procedure and my husband is doing a sperm test. We will wait for all of the results and schedule a follow up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens)
She has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
On my first visit, I had a specialist copay. They did labs as well that day, which my insurance covered. Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00. The sperm test was $140.00 I believe.
N/A - We haven't gotten this far.

How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun has been such a kind, warm and skillful RE so far. During our very first consultation, she had to break the news to me that residual cysts from a previous clomid cycle would mean I had to wait a month before starting an IUI cycle, and she was straightforward and kind in her delivery. She personally called me when we realized halfway through my third IUI cycle that I was inexplicably pregnant (bloodwork 10 days before showed progesterone of 1, so they had started me on another round of letrozole), and even though she herself was confused about what exactly was going on, she was very kind as she shared that I was most likely experiencing an early miscarriage. She personally conduced an ultrasound the next day so we could learn more and I could ask her questions. She seems genuinely interested in my success and well being. My only con about her is that I've only seen her in person three times. She splits her time between offices, so she has never performed an IUI for me, and it's a little unnerving to not know who I'm going to see. But when sh!t got real (confusing pregnancy/early miscarriage) she was all over it with multiple personal phone calls and a prompt in-person consultation. I'm hopeful about our next steps and feel confident with Dr. Calhoun handling my treatment.
If it's important for you to see her in person at most visits, be willing to go to multiple office locations depending on her schedule.
Dr. Calhoun has been fantastic so far. She personally called me with the very surprising news that I was pregnant after my second IUI (I had already started Letrozole for another IUI because earlier bloodwork had indicated I wasn't pregnant), and scheduled a meeting with me the very next day to personally conduct an ultrasound and talk me through what was clearly going to be an early miscarriage. She called me a few days later, and I assumed she had some sort of test result she wanted to share that maybe I didn't know about, and so I asked why she was calling. "Because I'm worried about you!" was her answer. I was totally shocked to have a doctor call just because she cared and wanted to check in with me during a confusing and disappointing situation. She's very kind and warm, but also honest and straightforward. The perfect personality mix for me.
So far I've done 2.5 IUI cycles with Dr. Calhoun (third got cancelled halfway through.) She's had me do a baseline scan and bloodwork day 2 or 3, then prescribed 5.0mg of letrozole each time, had me do a mid-cycle scan around day 12, and then I've always ovulated on my own, but if I hadn't, I was prepared to do a trigger shot. First one failed outright, second appeared to have failed, but actually resulted in a very early miscarriage, and third got cancelled. I will do one more IUI and then more onto IVF. She is ready for me to go to IVF now, but I want to try one more IUI since #2 technically worked, and she was fine with me trying one more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder)
I really haven't had much interaction with Cailin yet. So far it's been fine, but she really hasn't had much of a chance to be good or bad – she has been responsive and friendly via email, which is huge. I LOVE one of the nurse practitioners Marin (don't think I'm spelling her name right) who has done several ultrasounds for me. It's a big clinic, and I often have random doctors and nurses performing ultrasounds and doing procedures for me (which I don't like), but I'm always happy when I see Marin. I'm THRILLED by how easy scheduling is. It's an absolute delight that I can just send someone an email to get an appointment scheduled, and an hour later, its on the books. It's a far cry from the pain of scheduling appointments with my obgyn before we moved to the big leagues.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall, ACRM is a well-oiled machine. Before going myself, I had read some bad reviews about the clinic along the lines of "it's a fertility factory, and you'll just be a number", so I was a bit apprehensive, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. It's a factory only in the sense that they have everything down to a science. I have never waited more than 15 minutes before being called back for an appointment, and the only time I had to wait 30 minutes on the table for an IUI procedure to be done, a nurse came to check on me and told me that a retrieval was going long and I would be seen shortly, and the doctor apologized profusely as well once he came in. The office is beautiful and clean, and scheduling is a dream. It's so seamless. I've always gotten test results the same day. I get return emails over the weekend. Well oiled machine. The only downside is that it is a big clinic. My doctor works out of two different offices, and I have only seen her in person three times. Both of my IUIs have been performed by random doctors (including a male doctor who I find to be too gruff). I hate not seeing the same doctor and nurses every time, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the smooth experience and excellent care otherwise.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
So far each IUI is around 2,000 and we anticipate one round of IVF will be 25,000. Likely an extra 5,000 for genetic testing and 5,000 for additional transfers.
N/A as I haven't moved onto IVF yet
+ Read more- Read less

While with Dr. Hasty, in a one-on-one appointment, she takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. She also listens to your questions, provides answers, and does not make you feel rushed. The issue is that you as a patient rarely see her! Her nurse practitioner runs everything! ... I wish she would have explained that she would not be the one providing the regular treatments ... It takes 2 months to get an appointment with her.
The Buckhead clinic [ACRM] is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so. ... Laura [nurse] is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
She is kind, caring and a great communicator. She is just rarely around. I came to her for IUIs and fertility medication. it is possible she is more involved in IVF, but I wish she would have explained that she would not be the one providing the regular treatments, her nurse practitioner would be, as well as any doctor who happened to be on call on the day of your procedure.
Be more involved in your patient's progress, or lack thereof. When something does not seem to be working for a while, change the course, instead of waiting for the patient to try to track you down. It takes 2 months to get an appointment with her.
While with Dr. Hasty, in a one-on-one appointment, she takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. She also listens to your questions, provides answers, and does not make you feel rushed. The issue is that you as a patient rarely see her! Her nurse practitioner runs everything! The nurse practitioner is wonderful, but when you have not been able to get pregnant for an extensive amount of time, you really want to be seeing the doctor more often!
She recommended and HCG to ensure tubes were not blocked, and put be on 750 MG of Metformin due to possible PCOS. I did this with timed interocurse for about 6 months. I was then given 5 mg Letrozole/Femara to take days 3-7. Dr. Hasty prefers Letrozole over Clomid due to a lower chance of multiples. I am still taking metformin, and concurrently doing IUI. I have done this 3 times. Last month was the first time I also used an HCG trigger shot for ovulation. I am continuing the same for this 4th cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The Buckhead clinic is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so.
IUI with frozen sample: $470 Monitoring ultrasound and blood work: $300-500
We have not yet discussed embryo transfers.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

Dr. Fogle spent time getting to know me and my husband in a consultation, before talking to us about our options. ... She seems to be more a proponent for traditional forms of fertility care (Clomid, IUI, IVF) and less supportive of nontraditional forms (acupuncture, herbal supplements). ... She is empathetic when delivering test results, but also clear about what needs to be done. ... It is this combination that makes her an excellent doctor when dealing with this medical specialty, since for many fertility patients, time is against us. ...
ACRM is the most organized clinic I've ever been to. Everything is carefully planned out, with lots of helpful paperwork and info for every step of the fertility process. When you walk into the office, it is a relaxing and positive environment. ... The nurses are very good at getting back to me. Every email I send gets returned by one of the nurses. They are helpful in answering questions I have in between appointments.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is very empathetic, and delivers test results with a mixture of honesty and compassion. It is this combination that makes her an excellent doctor when dealing with this medical specialty, since for many fertility patients, time is against us. I like to ask a lot of questions and take notes, and Dr. Fogle does a great job translating medical jargon into decipherable information that I can understand. She seems to be more a proponent for traditional forms of fertility care (Clomid, IUI, IVF) and less supportive of nontraditional forms (acupuncture, herbal supplements).
I would take Dr. Fogle's advice, since she is an expert in her field, but also listen to your own instincts on trying nontraditional forms of fertility such as acupuncture.
Dr. Fogle spent time getting to know me and my husband in a consultation, before talking to us about our options. She is empathetic when delivering test results, but also clear about what needs to be done.
We are trying IUI and letrozole this cycle. We will do two rounds of this treatment strategy. If these are unsuccessful, I will start IVF. Since I am a teacher with a limited salary, we don't know if IVF is a viable option for us financially. But we really want a baby, and are willing to do what it takes to have a family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
So far, with consultation, blood work, and HSG, the total is $1500. We are doing IUI this month, which will be $1900, and then after that, IVF will be $24,000.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Carpenter] is very knowledgeable and kind but I wish there were greater attention to my case. I saw her *maybe* once a month during monitoring appointments so I did not feel like she was really involved or even really appraised of how the treatments were going. ... I started with timed intercourse and clomid bc I have PCOS. After getting no results, I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it was recommended that I try IUI.
Sometimes the front staff [ACRM] can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. ... The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) ... Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and kind but I wish there were greater attention to my case. I saw her *maybe* once a month during monitoring appointments so I did not feel like she was really involved or even really appraised of how the treatments were going.
Be prepared to really advocate for yourself.
She was always very calm and reassuring during my visits. I do wish there was greater attention on my case and concerns.
I started with timed intercourse and clomid bc I have PCOS. After getting no results, I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it was recommended that I try IUI. I began to have reactions to clomid, so asked to try another medication, femara, but it did not work well for regulating my cycle. At one point it made me ovulate very early and honestly wished they had recommended that we cancel that IUI bc it was not optimal timing or follicle quality. The treatments are pricey and we felt like that one was a waste.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) However, they were very responsive to emails and I learned to have them address my concerns via email.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Sometimes the front staff can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Calhoun has always been open, honest and compassionate. I feel that we WILL be successful in her care. She has answered all 1000 questions in a timely manner. I have requested certain tests for my own peace of mind that she gladly performed (even if it wasn't necessary). She listens to my requests and concerns. When I had to end an ectopic pregnancy for my own health, she cried with me.
The ladies at ACRM (especially Cailin) ate amazing. They answer all my questions in a timely manner. They provide quality information and try to work my appointments around my work schedule.... ACRM wants you to be successful. I feel their strengths are that they aren't pushing into their own agenda, they want you to be comfortable with the treatments they suggest. My insurance covered most of the tests, and none of the treatment costs. They helped provide me with support group information. I don't have any weakness es As have had a great experience.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Be open to suggestions and listen to all the information before you start asking questions. (Most of the time, she will address it before you do.)
She cried with me when I had an ectopic and celebrated when we got positive results!
Our strategy is to get pregnant and stay pregnant. We tried Clomid (twice) which both times ended up as a chemical pregnancy. We then tried a trigger shot, which produced an ectopic. The ectpoic (along with PCOS) clogged my tubes so we will move on to IVF in March 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailyn )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
For the past year we have spend $4000 in treatments and testing.
She has given us the choice, but has suggested eSET.
+ Read more- Read less

Upon our first meeting with Dr Denis we felt very comfortable talking with him about our situation. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and to walk through a lot of info and data that made us much more aware of all our options and what course of action would be best for us. While we didn’t see him for every appointment I knew that he was being kept up to date on our treatment by the great team of nurses...With progesterone supplements I got pregnant the next try with Clomid and timed intercourse (we had a vacation planned so we couldn’t do the IUI), however we lost that pregnancy at 10.5 weeks. We then graduated to IVF in the hopes of finding a good egg as we knew I wasn’t infertile with Gonal-F, Menopur, Omnitrope and Novarel - but after retrieving only 4 eggs we didn’t have any make it to blast. We’re now beginning our second round of IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur and micro dose Lupron.
after retrieving only 4 eggs [at ACRM] we didn’t have any make it to blast. We’re now beginning our second round of IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur and micro dose Lupron...Tulsi [nurse] was responsive and compassionate and I’m so glad that we had her on our team...Medically they always took great care of me, they called me with my test updates on time and were accommodating when I needed to adjust timing and protocols as a result of unexpected life things happening along the way. Additionally, the offer a free support group each week for patients and once I started attending I found it to be so helpful.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Upon our first meeting with Dr Denis we felt very comfortable talking with him about our situation. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and to walk through a lot of info and data that made us much more aware of all our options and what course of action would be best for us. While we didn’t see him for every appointment I knew that he was being kept up to date on our treatment by the great team of nurses. When we did experience a loss he was compassionate and it felt like he was right there on this journey with us.
Take advantage of the time you get with him and ask all the questions. Come prepared with questions so that you can make the most of his knowledge.
We never felt rushed with him and he made it feel like he truly cared about our situation. He answered all our questions and explained things to us in great detail. His approach was the perfect mix of fact and feeling for us.
We did Clomid with IUI the first time around and got a negative test - but learned my progesterone was low. With progesterone supplements I got pregnant the next try with Clomid and timed intercourse (we had a vacation planned so we couldn’t do the IUI), however we lost that pregnancy at 10.5 weeks. We then graduated to IVF in the hopes of finding a good egg as we knew I wasn’t infertile with Gonal-F, Menopur, Omnitrope and Novarel - but after retrieving only 4 eggs we didn’t have any make it to blast. We’re now beginning our second round of IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur and micro dose Lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi )
Tulsi was responsive and compassionate and I’m so glad that we had her on our team.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I felt complete confidence in this clinic from day one. Medically they always took great care of me, they called me with my test updates on time and were accommodating when I needed to adjust timing and protocols as a result of unexpected life things happening along the way. Additionally, the offer a free support group each week for patients and once I started attending I found it to be so helpful.
We haven’t gotten there yet.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

I like that she [Dr. Carpenter] seems agressive in trying things and changing things up but her bed side manner is terrible, she is very brusque and said things like, all the numbers say you should be pregnant but your not... Her strategy was to use hormones to get me to ovulate (which I did on both Clomid and Letrozole) and then do an iui. The first two iuis were with clomid and no trigger (bec I didn't need) neither resulted in pregnany. Then we did two with Letrozole and a steroid, one with a trigger and one was too late for a trigger. The first, number wise looked great but didn't work, I'm waiting on my last one now.
It [ACRM] is beautiful and flexible but they are very unorganized. They have messed up a few times when ordering blood draws and when billing, etc. They are nice but you have to advocate for everything.... Some were really sweet and some where down right rude and one almost messed up a cycle by not calling in my perscription in time. One who is no longer there was amazing but the one who helped me during my last iui was unwittingly unsensitive when she wrote to me in an email that she would see me on x date to confirm pregnancy
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I like that she seems agressive in trying things and changing things up but her bed side manner is terrible, she is very brusque and said things like, all the numbers say you should be pregnant but your not, like she has no clue that the numbers arent the whole story. I also thought I was getting all the explanation and options but when talking to others Im starting to think she didnt.
Advocate and do a ton of research because she'll help you get it done but may not bring it up
Her strategy was to use hormones to get me to ovulate (which I did on both Clomid and Letrozole) and then do an iui. The first two iuis were with clomid and no trigger (bec I didn't need) neither resulted in pregnany. Then we did two with Letrozole and a steroid, one with a trigger and one was too late for a trigger. The first, number wise looked great but didn't work, I'm waiting on my last one now. We do have male factor and the numbers werent great and I kept asking if iui made sense bec one of the doctors doing the iui didnt seem to think so and Dr. Carpenter seemed to not feel one way or another about it which was very confusing. Hoping #4 made it happen.
Some were really sweet and some where down right rude and one almost messed up a cycle by not calling in my perscription in time. One who is no longer there was amazing but the one who helped me during my last iui was unwittingly unsensitive when she wrote to me in an email that she would see me on x date to confirm pregnancy, which really messed with me emotionally.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It is beautiful and flexible but they are very unorganized. They have messed up a few times when ordering blood draws and when billing, etc. They are nice but you have to advocate for everything. They also didn't do the best explaining what was going on or why I was being charged the way I was being charged.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Hasty is compassionate and caring physician. During consultations with her I felt she was very thorough and familiar with my file. Unfortunately, my interactions with her were very limited and I dealt more with the nurse staff...If you are looking for a lot of direct communication and expect to see your doctor during most appointments, this may not be the right decision. That said, the Dr. Hasty is very knowledgeable and will put you at ease when you do see her.
ACRM Buckhead facility is new and modern. Scheduling an appointment is typically easy and their hours of operation are friendly to the working professional. When working with this clinic, you will deal more with the care team and not as much directly with the doctor...There were times that I wish I was given more information. For example, they would schedule an appointment but I wasn't informed on what type of appointment or what to expect at the appointment unless I asked. Blood test results were communicated as normal but I would have to follow up for specifics. Overall the team was friendly, I just wished for more detailed communication.
European, Middle Eastern
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty is very compassionate. While I didn't actually interact with her often during treatment, when I did I felt as though she was familiar with who I was and my file.
Prescribed Metformin as my labs favored PCOS. Two cycles of Letrozole and cycle timing. Two IUIs, one of which produced a chemical pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My insurance didn't cover anything so I paid out of pocket for everything. I believe an IUI cycle was roughly $1,500.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

Robin [Fogle] analyzed our specific situation by looking into our medical history, based on her findings she recommended certain testing to ensure our eligibility for testing and gave us her opinion on success rates of patients with similar medical issues. Dr. Fogle customized a treatment plan and for us with future trials taken into account.
The nurses [at ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] were very organized and professional in the office. However patient outreach and compassion for patients personal situations were not taken into account. We received very little communication from the office In terms of updates.... This clinic very much runs like a corporate office. Payment and scheduling is very mechanical, not at all personal. On the other hand it is very organized and the facilities are very clean. The setting is professional, but not personal.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle was very outgoing and friendly. She was clear in explaining the testing process and procedure. She decided on an appropriate course of action according to our specific situation and kept a very positive attitude.
To come with money for the entire procedure. To pay in segment becomes complicated.
interfacing with the doctor was very personable and all the information about testing and procedure was thoroughly explained. However this particular clinic did not put in much effort in terms of outreach when we were in testing. No updates or inquiry as to what happening with us. All contact was left completely up to us. We feel this was due to a lack of sensitivity to our financial situation, in that we didn't have money to complete the entire process from start to finish.
Robin analyzed our specific situation by looking into our medical history, based on her findings she recommended certain testing to ensure our eligibility for testing and gave us her opinion on success rates of patients with similar medical issues. Dr. Fogle customized a treatment plan and for us with future trials taken into account.
The nurses were very organized and professional in the office. However patient outreach and compassion for patients personal situations were not taken into account. We received very little communication from the office In terms of updates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
This clinic is expensive, and no consultation, test or treatment goes unpaid before the next can begin. Very difficult for financially troubled people to work with.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
While she [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter] is compassionate, she does not sugarcoat facts...which to me, is the best combination. She is straight forward with your chances of success but will do everything to help you have that success.... She was hopeful that we would have success - and we did get pregnant. When I saw her in the middle of my miscarriage, she took extra time with me to make sure I knew it wasn’t my fault and that I was doing everything right. She was so incredibly compassionate on the worst day of my life - so glad she is my doctor.
It’s [ACRM- Atl Perimeter] very busy - but it’s easy to get an appointment when you need it. They’ve got it down to a science! There are also several campuses so if you’re unable to get into one office, you can likely get in to another - even at a moment’s notice.... he nurses always returned my calls or emails within a few hours. My primary nurse talked to me twice on the day of my miscarriage and called back the day after to check on me.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
While she is compassionate, she does not sugarcoat facts...which to me, is the best combination. She is straight forward with your chances of success but will do everything to help you have that success.
Dr. Carpenter is phenomenal at balancing the hard facts of infertility with the compassion needed to deliver those facts. She doesn’t sugarcoat things but is very compassionate in how she relates to her patients.
We had one successful pregnancy after a round of femara and are now awaiting our first IUI due to endometriosis. We are hopeful the femara with IUI will be successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Bernice)
The nurses always returned my calls or emails within a few hours. My primary nurse talked to me twice on the day of my miscarriage and called back the day after to check on me.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It’s very busy - but it’s easy to get an appointment when you need it. They’ve got it down to a science! There are also several campuses so if you’re unable to get into one office, you can likely get in to another - even at a moment’s notice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
So far, we have only been though one treatment with femara in which case the specialist copay is all that has been required so far. She did, however, give us a cost estimate for our IUI process.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Fogle is very compassionate. You would benefit from asking more technical questions every visit. Such as: "What's next? What are the risks? Is this what you expected?"... Dr. Fogle did not relay a risk in unfreezing embryos in the lab. We lost the one embryo we had put our hopes in due to it not surviving thawing. Because we did not realize this would be a possibility, we were blown out of the water by this loss.
I am currently opting to proceed with Egg Donation. While I was told the Bank was "in-house," [at ACRM] I was not informed about the low census, even after expressing the characteristics my husband and I are seeking. The profiles available are extremely limited (ie 2 Caucasian donors) - and I was not able to even access that information until I paid a non-refundable $400. Very disappointing and misleading.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle has a warm personality and I felt like she really listened to me and was invested in my desire to build a family.
Testosterone priming seemed to be beneficial in my cycles. Low-dose hormones did not work. That protocol was not productive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha Middlebrook )
My nurse/care coordinator Mikesha communicated effectively and with compassion. The surgery staff were exemplary and sent me a card after my miscarriage.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
STRENGTHS I really like Dr. Robin Fogle and that is the reason I have decided to continue my care at ACRM. Another strength is the surgery staff. The doctors and nurses made me feel comfortable during invasive, nerve-wracking procedures. They were informative, positive and compassionate after each retrieval, transfer and termination. WEAKNESSES The support staff in the office seem more concerned with payment, and in such a sensitive line of work, that is off-putting. While it is a business, there is a way to conduct it in a dignified manner. Expect to wait for your appointment, each and every time. A more effective way to streamline clients would be beneficial to patient satisfaction. The shots are consuming alone, so the less time interrupting one's work schedule for blood work/doctor visits would relieve some stress. Getting in touch with someone regarding protocol outside clinic hours is not easy. Seeing as the IVF process is not a 9-5 endeavor, there needs to be more responsive staff available outside "normal" business hours. One of my cycles was drastically changed because of a need to clean the ACRM Lab. I was already in the middle of my protocol when I was informed of this, and was given the option to cancel the cycle or double some medications to speed up the process and make the deadline before the cleaning. Pharmacy is very expensive and had I been informed I would have opted to wait until the Annual Lab cleaning was complete. Seems like that would have been on the calendar for ACRM for some time. As a result of the drastic change, that cycle was not successful. My body was so out of whack, I ovulated early. It was a complete waste of time and money. I am currently opting to proceed with Egg Donation. While I was told the Bank was "in-house," I was not informed about the low census, even after expressing the characteristics my husband and I are seeking. The profiles available are extremely limited (ie 2 Caucasian donors) - and I was not able to even access that information until I paid a non-refundable $400. Very disappointing and misleading.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I have spent at least 30,000 for three rounds of treatment with Dr. Fogle. My insurance only covers a percentage of treatment, so this has been a major expense.
+ Read more- Read less

I love Dr Hasty. She is a kind and compassionate Dr who genuinely makes you feel supported and like you have a good chance at being a mother. She spends time explaining they basics (and beyond) and never makes you feel rushed or like she does not have time.... We did 4 rounds of medicated IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. We got pregnant on our second round but that resulted in a MC. After the MC we did two more round and then decided to move on to IVF. We did our retrieval a couple of weeks ago. Protocol was Menopur and Gonal F, with a dual trigger of Leupron and HCG. We were not given rationale for this protocol, but I will say that I never felt any discomfort during stims and I came nowhere near OHSS, despite the fact that I have 15 (or so) follicles.
The great thing about ACRM is that they are open 7 days a week so you are always able to get in for monitoring.... Laura [a nurse] is easily accessible and very knowledgable. She is typically quick to respond and in the case that she is OOO, there is always someone you can reach out to in her absence.... We did 4 rounds of medicated IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. We got pregnant on our second round but that resulted in a MC. After the MC we did two more round and then decided to move on to IVF. We did our retrieval a couple of weeks ago. Protocol was Menopur and Gonal F, with a dual trigger of Leupron and HCG. We were not given rationale for this protocol, but I will say that I never felt any discomfort during stims and I came nowhere near OHSS, despite the fact that I have 15 (or so) follicles.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Prepare all of your questions and do your SART research.
Dr. Hasty's bedside manner is amazing. She is encouraging, kind and patient. After leaving my initial consult, I felt like she was completely invested in helping us conceive. Every visit I have had with her since (and there have been several) has been the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura is easily accessible and very knowledgable. She is typically quick to respond and in the case that she is OOO, there is always someone you can reach out to in her absence.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Having only been to one clinic, it is tough to call out strengths or weaknesses. That said, I have enjoyed me experience with Dr Hasty's office and staff and would recommend it to someone who is beginning their journey and looking for answers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
We are luck to have insurance coverage for the procedures. That said, when all is said and done, we will likely still pay about $10K OOP.
None yet - we have not done our transfer.

Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Toner listens very well. He doesn’t come off as “too good” to talk to you. He makes the somewhat awkward conversations that come with infertility feel effortless not intrusive. If you have questions come prepared with them or email him after and he is quick to respond...He was frank with us when he said that there wasn’t much chance and IVF was a better route for us due to the stage of my endometriosis. We had labs and ultrasounds throughout. Everything looked great but no pregnancy. At least we were prepared for that, though, since he had been very up front about what he thought our chances were.
The practice [ACRM] does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially...they take insurance...was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind...The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American, Native American
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jim Toner at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions he will thoroughly answer them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jim Toner at ACRM?
ACRM was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind. Dr. Toner took the time to listen to what I was saying and really answer our questions. He was also prompt about following up with emails when I had additional questions after appointments. I felt he genuinely cared about my input and like it was a team effort to grow our family and my husband and I have both felt very comfortable at all times.
Describe the protocols Jim Toner used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We did a cycle of Femara. We decided against IUI for the cycle hoping everything would happen on its own. He was frank with us when he said that there wasn’t much chance and IVF was a better route for us due to the stage of my endometriosis. We had labs and ultrasounds throughout. Everything looked great but no pregnancy. At least we were prepared for that, though, since he had been very up front about what he thought our chances were. He was also very positive about moving forward with further treatment and caring. When we found we could get IVF for lower cost elsewhere he also agreed to do our monitoring so it could be made more affordable for us. Highly recommend him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
All of the staff have been great. The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Yes, they take insurance. Yes, they do a money back program. Everybody here is really nice. The office is very comfortable. There is a parking lot. The office is not difficult to find. Getting an appointment isn’t difficult. Everybody here is very kind so don’t worry!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
My insurance paid for some things. My femara cycle I had to pay for bloodwork and part of my meds and it was about $1,000 after insurance.
Describe Jim Toner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
The practice does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially. He only does multiple transfers after several failed cycles or after a certain maternal age. I think this makes good sense medically since it lowers risk of complications for mom and baby and since the risk for identical twins is still higher even with that eSET.
Jim Toner
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jim Toner at ACRM.

She [Dr. Calhoun] remembered details about our lives and asked/expressed interest in really getting to know us. When we completed our initial extensive testing she explained everything in great detail on a level that was extremely easy to understand and we had a plan outlined for us based on those results. We saw her at every appointment throughout our IVF cycle and she was available if needed by phone to answer any questions or discuss anything that our nurse couldn’t. She was, in my opinion, the type of person you’d want leading you through this difficult and typically lengthy process.
[ACRM was] Excellent overall. Though I only had experience with one doctor and clinical team, I did have intermittent interaction with some of the other doctors and nurses who were all helpful and caring. Even coordinating billing/financial aspects of it was very smooth and he billing department was easy to get in touch with and work with you to figure out any issues...Our IVF cycle was uncomplicated- I don’t remember the exactly medications but everything seemed to work just as planned.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr Calhoun is amazing. She made the experience so person and did not make us feel like just another couple trying to conceive. She remembered details about our lives and asked/expressed interest in really getting to know us. When we completed our initial extensive testing she explained everything in great detail on a level that was extremely easy to understand and we had a plan outlined for us based on those results. We saw her at every appointment throughout our IVF cycle and she was available if needed by phone to answer any questions or discuss anything that our nurse couldn’t. She was, in my opinion, the type of person you’d want leading you through this difficult and typically lengthy process.
Be patient. It is a difficult and lengthy journey most of the time but Dr Calhoun will be with you every step of the way and truly cares to see you end up with a positive outcome.
The experience was very personal. She remembered details about my husband and my lives outside of the fertility world and asked questions/showed interest in really getting to know us. She always seemed genuinely invested in our process.
I don’t remember exactly. I initially took clomid but prior to my IUI that cycle she noticed the endometrial lining of my uterus was too thin so the IUI was cancelled and I was switched to another medication with worked well. We did 2 unsuccessful IUIs and Dr Calhoun was very honest to tell us she didn’t see any benefit in continuing with IUIs because given our fertility issue the chance of it working was slim to none and she felt as though we would be wasting our money to continue. Our IVF cycle was uncomplicated- I don’t remember the exactly medications but everything seemed to work just as planned.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
90% of the time the communication was excellent. There were times she would not respond for several days to my emails which was frustrating st times but overall was a good experience
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
I don’t remember specifics- but our total IVF cycle with meds was around $20,000. IUIs were around $500 each time I believe. They also charged between $100-300 for ultrasound monitoring and several hundred for blood work monitoring each time.
She strongly recommended a single embryo transfer given my younger age and higher chance of success at the time.
+ Read more- Read less

I’ve done two IUI’s [with Dr. Kathryn Calhoun]...She thoroughly explains everything and has met with me multiple times throughout the process to make sure we are on the same page. She speaks to you with empathy and a problem solving attitude. She makes you feel like you don’t have to worry because she has everything under control...I like that she checks in with her patients regularly throughout the process...She has me get a baseline ultrasound and tests my estrogen. I then go on clomid (2 pills a day, for 5 days). I go back for another ultrasound that determines the day of the trigger shot. I have my IUI the day after the trigger shot. I haven’t needed additional progesterone so far. No pregnancies yet but the success rates typically go up the more you do IUI.
[ACRM-Atlanta Perimeter is] a very well oiled machine. They always get me in and out very quickly, I’m rarely there start to finish longer than 30 minutes. The staff is all kind and very friendly. The blood draw nurses make me feel at ease and all the doctors are kind and very knowledgeable. They answer all my questions and make me feel confident...She [nurse] is very communicative and prompt at responding to voicemails and email...It’s around $1700 per cycle of IUI before insurance.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I like that she checks in with her patients regularly throughout the process. There was an error with some bloodwork testing in the lab which delayed our first IUI cycle by a full month. She took full ownership even though it wasn’t her mistake. She even made our first IUI cycle free and covered the cost of the testing that had the error. I feel this speaks to her character and desire to make her patients happy. We didn’t ask for her to cover the cost so we very much appreciated that she did.
This process is not easy. You have to go into it 100% commited to the process. Be ready for many many visits to the clinic! But also be prepared to have a knowledgeable, empathic doctor who will advocate for you.
I’ve done two IUI’s. She has me get a baseline ultrasound and tests my estrogen. I then go on clomid (2 pills a day, for 5 days). I go back for another ultrasound that determines the day of the trigger shot. I have my IUI the day after the trigger shot. I haven’t needed additional progesterone so far. No pregnancies yet but the success rates typically go up the more you do IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Bernice Allen)
She is very communicative and prompt at responding to voicemails and email.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It’s a very well oiled machine. They always get me in and out very quickly, I’m rarely there start to finish longer than 30 minutes. The staff is all kind and very friendly. The blood draw nurses make me feel at ease and all the doctors are kind and very knowledgeable. They answer all my questions and make me feel confident.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
It’s around $1700 per cycle of IUI before insurance. Testing costs vary and I can’t remember at this point.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Calhoun is amazing. She’s thoughtful yet tactfully direct.... Diet adjustment for PCOS; letrozole with dexamethazone; we added to the dosage with each cycle to get me ovulating properly; added trigger shot; added IUI step; then added IVF consult pending this last try for IUI doesn’t work.... Calhoun is honest but so compassionate. She makes me feel very comfortable and informed. Love her!! She takes time to explain all the details and her team is consistently on top of my schedule.
This clinic [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] is amazing. Everyone on the team and partner doctors make a great effort to stay informed of each patient. Information is shared very well with partner doctors if your main is unavailable... Very organized. Considerate of each patient. Beautiful facility. Consistent across all other locations. I always know what to expect. Staff is amazing!! Consistent. Thorough. The nurses and partner doctors take excellent notes so no matter if I see my normal doctor or not, the treatment continues well and with ease.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is amazing. She’s thoughtful yet tactfully direct. She fully explains treatment options and what’s best for you specifically. She doesn’t just loop you in with the stats but really takes a full, wholistic approach to individual treatment needs.
Ask questions. Trust the process.
This clinic is amazing. Everyone on the team and partner doctors make a great effort to stay informed of each patient. Information is shared very well with partner doctors if your main is unavailable. Calhoun is honest but so compassionate. She makes me feel very comfortable and informed. Love her!! She takes time to explain all the details and her team is consistently on top of my schedule.
They consistently follow up with me on my progress, test results, appointments, lab results, everything. They communicate with me directly and efficiently. Always with compassion and professionalism.
1300 for an IUI cycle; 600-1000 for medicated natural cycles; 10-20k IVF

1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Denis has made this whole IVF process bearable. We started the process to undergo IVF PGD/PGS after our son was diagnosed with Cystic Firlbrosis. Because of what he has to go through every day, we decided we wanted to grow our family, but we didn’t want to bring another child into this world to battle the disease. ... The strategy was not to overstimulate me because we were able to conceive naturally. However, we wanted to get enough eggs so that we had a good sized sample to grow to the blastocyst stage and from there, send to biopsy. Once the results came in, we moved forward with preparing my body for transfer.
Working full-time, I was concerned about flexibility. I was worried I had to go to the Buckhead office [of ACRM] instead of Perimeter which was on my way to work. But the clinic was flexible, and I was in-and-out of my appointments so that I could still make it to work on-time.... My nurse and care coordinator were excellent. They have been accommodating, encouraging... they have been our cheerleaders as Dr. Denis has as well.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr. Denis is passionate about reproductive medicine. You can immediately tell he takes great joy helping families. Dr. Denis takes the time to explain the process thoroughly, what to expect, and has this way of just making you feel like everything is all right.
You are in the best hands with Dr. Denis. If you’re feeling anxious, or have a list of questions, Dr. Denis will sit down with you and show you every facet of the process in a calm manner.
Dr. Denis has made this whole IVF process bearable. We started the process to undergo IVF PGD/PGS after our son was diagnosed with Cystic Firlbrosis. Because of what he has to go through every day, we decided we wanted to grow our family, but we didn’t want to bring another child into this world to battle the disease. The risk just wasn’t worth it. Before the egg retrieval, I was a nervous wreck. I despise needles and became incredibly unnerved. However, Dr. Denis has this amazing way of just calming his patients down and setting expectations. There were times my husband and I felt anxious, frustrated, but we would meet with Dr. Denis and felt so at ease. We feel that without him, and his encouraging team, the process has been one we have thoroughly enjoyed.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Working full-time, I was concerned about flexibility. I was worried I had to go to the Buckhead office instead of Perimeter which was on my way to work. But the clinic was flexible, and I was in-and-out of my appointments so that I could still make it to work on-time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
The monitoring appointments were set according to windows. It was helpful because it allowed me to set expectations with my boss at work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We unfortunately had to pay most of our IVF our-of-pocket because our insurance doesn’t cover it. So, we have spent between $25,000 - $30,000.
In my case, identical twins run in my family. So, we whole heartedly agreed to do a single transfer to avoid the risk of triplets or even quadruplets.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

She [Dr. Kathryn Calhoun] is very knowledgeable and able to explain the science in an understandable way. However, she has some weaknesses. First, a lot of expensive tests are performed. I have been to 3 different fertility doctors and I know that all the tests are not necessary every time. I live almost 2 hours from the clinic and being required to come in so frequently really disrupts my work schedule and it costs a lot of money. They like to perform the tests so they have data.
They [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and able to explain the science in an understandable way. However, she has some weaknesses. First, a lot of expensive tests are performed. I have been to 3 different fertility doctors and I know that all the tests are not necessary every time. I live almost 2 hours from the clinic and being required to come in so frequently really disrupts my work schedule and it costs a lot of money. They like to perform the tests so they have data. Second, she is quick to move to more invasive procedures like IVF, ignoring when I tell her I can't afford it right now. Finally, she was extremely insensitive regarding a potentially blocked tube. Instead of listening to my concerns and working with me to come up with a solution, she became scientific and spoke about removing both tubes which would make pregnancy without IVF impossible for the rest of my life. This is very distressing to a person navigating infertility. I went to another doctor who performed a test finding both tubes were open and healthy which indicates that there was no need for her to resort to such scare tactics.
Do your research and don't be afraid to get a second opinion.
Dr. Calhoun is very smart. However, at ACRM they are very clinical. The whole process feels like a laboratory experiment. They have a protocol for everything and there isn't much deviation from the protocol, regardless of individual situation.
We did 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days and then an IUI, but she wasn't hopeful (I am a great candidate for IUI) and spoke of moving to IVF before the IUI even occurred.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
They didn't seem to communicate with each other. I called the care coordinator with my negative pregnancy test results and the next day the nurse called to ask if I had any results. They are also VERY hard to get a hold of. Reaching someone is an all day process.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
$1750 each IUI cycle not including the medication and multiple different blood test.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Fogle was very informative. She spoke to me in layman's terms as much as possible so I would understand. She would listen to my questions/concerns and base her discussion on that. She explained the process very well and was straightforward with the information I needed to know, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear....Dr. Fogle did have a preference to do only one embryo transfer. She explained that the process they go through before the transfer ensures that only the healthiest embryos are used.
The clinic [ACRM] is very knowledgeable and has a good reputation. They worked with me on scheduling and even did some phone consultations with me. They were all very informative and showed genuine care and concern for me. They were sensitive to my needs while also straight-forward so I understand exactly what was best for me. The only weakness I would say is that I didn't seem to get as much assistance from the finance team as I needed.
European, Native American, Other
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Feel confident that she will be straightforward with your options and not give you false hope.
The Dr and assistants seemed to genuinely have an interest in my needs and issues. They explained things in the amount of detail needed for me. They took as much time as needed to answer questions. The only reason that I didn't rate the highest rating is that while they did great in person, it was sometimes difficult to get responses over the phone. However, it is disclosed that the phone is not the best method of communication.
I did not reach the point to actually go through a cycle. I was diagnosed with diminished Ovarian reserve and therefore my only option was to do donor egg. While I had several testing procedures done, I did not go through any treatments. I was ready to schedule the IVF with donor egg until I was unable to continue due to running out of funds. Dr. Fogle did give me a protocol to follow with some vitamins and supplements and medicines that would help for when I was ready. I was given details about the process I would go through as well as a pamphlet of information that I was able to take with me so that I would know exactly what my next steps were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mirrin Reagan)
All of the staff that I communicated with was very helpful (with one exception). I spoke with Donna Jackson, Megan Barbrow, Vanessa Otamendi, and Michelle Johnson and they were all very helpful. The one exception was the initial finance person that I spoke to. I cannot remember his name but he was a man and was no longer there the last time I
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is very knowledgeable and has a good reputation. They worked with me on scheduling and even did some phone consultations with me. They were all very informative and showed genuine care and concern for me. They were sensitive to my needs while also straight-forward so I understand exactly what was best for me. The only weakness I would say is that I didn't seem to get as much assistance from the finance team as I needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I spent approximately $2500 on initial testing and visits. This was out of pocket as my insurance covered some of it. I was given a chart of what procedures I would need to go through for one embryo transfer using donor egg. This was approximately $18,000. I was unable to move forward with that cost and did not look into financing options yet.
Dr. Fogle did have a preference to do only one embryo transfer. She explained that the process they go through before the transfer ensures that only the healthiest embryos are used. She also explained the problems that could arise if multiple embryos are used and result in multiple babies.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Denis had terrific bedside manner. He was always prepared to see us and would in depth explain our procedures....You don’t have to walk in as an assisted reproductive technology pro. He will give you your options and let you make the decision.... When our first and second transfer didn’t work he wanted us to take as long as we needed. He was always sympathetic and knew just how heartbreaking the process was....
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
He was kind, prepared, and genuinely wanted to help us achieve our #1 goal of having a baby. He never rushed us and always answered every question we had. He never pushed protocols on us but have us options so we could make the decision. When our first and second transfer didn’t work he wanted us to take as long as we needed. He was always sympathetic and knew just how heartbreaking the process was.
You don’t have to walk in as an assisted reproductive technology pro. He will give you your options and let you make the decision. There were so many times I remember him saying this is a personal decision that I can’t make for you. Also, be prepared with questions. If you have them he will take the time to answer them.
Dr. Denis had terrific bedside manner. He was always prepared to see us and would in depth explain our procedures. We really felt like he was rooting for us to have a baby.
I’m unsure the name of the protocol.but I was on menopur (2 vials daily and 375 iu of Gonal f. I then added cetrotide between day 6 and 8 and triggered the night before. What’s listed above was for my second retrieval because I handled the first so well they almost doubled my meds to see if we could get even more eggs.
I loved Tulsi (primary nurse) and raquel (patient care coordinator). She always got back to me right away and if it was something I was freaking out about she would forward to the other nurse or respond on her day off. There was no question to dumb.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I honestly love ACRM. The only person I ever felt slighted by or had a problem with was the financial counselor. I would have questions and it would take her days to respond. She was a little snappy and just not friendly. When you’re spending $20k out of pocket I guess I expect a different level of service. Other than that the clinic is very organized! They get you in and out and stick to your appointment time. During monitoring appointments I saw Dr. Hasty a few times and she was an absolute delight. Dr. Fogle did both of my retrieval’s and I always felt comfortable with her and Dr. Keegan did a fibroid surgery I had to have. All of them were great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We did have some insurance coverage but a lot was paid out of pocket. Close to 20k for 2 full cycles.
My doctor was very honest that with my age being under 35 I did not need to transfer more than one embryo. Because of the strong possibility of multiples we always listened to him.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andre Denis at ACRM.

Dr Fogle was fantastic. She reviewed our history and discussed test results with us. Together we decided on a treatment plan. Although she wanted to go to IVF with PGS to get us the best results, she was supportive when we suggested a less aggressive route. She altered her treatment based on my outcomes. When I had a pregnancy that developed into a MMC, along the way Dr Fogle was kind and honest. She supported my emotional distress and then was like a cheerleader when we had success later.
Testing done by the clinic [ACRM-Atlanta] gave us insight into why we were unsuccessful on our own. The Perimeter location is improved after they moved to floor 6. Parking and entering the campus where the facility is located is annoying due to construction in the area.... I did go through 3 different primary nurses while under Dr. Fogle's care. However, each nurse was fantastic. They were prompt with responses, skilled with their care and informative. My care coordinator was Vanessa and was the best ever.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Letrozole and timed intercourse worked for us as I was ovulating but had a poor or weak ovulation. Dr. Fogle treated my low progesterone in my MMC cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
I did go through 3 different primary nurses while under Dr. Fogle's care. However, each nurse was fantastic. They were prompt with responses, skilled with their care and informative. My care coordinator was Vanessa and was the best ever. She was prompt, professional and caring. She juggled the schedule changes we had without any complaint. My only complaint would be about the staff doing the blood draws. The overall care provided by acrm was outstanding and the blood draw staff was in stark contrast to that. Although they weren't rude, they also were not friendly or warm. The blood draws were often rough and I bruised after several.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
We had success before we went the IVF route but I trusted Dr. Fogle and her staff 100%. Testing done by the clinic gave us insight into why we were unsuccessful on our own. The Perimeter location is improved after they moved to floor 6. Parking and entering the campus where the facility is located is annoying due to construction in the area.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
After our second miscarriage (first under her care), she [Dr. Fogle] recommended a number of tests including karyotypes, glucose tolerance test, SCSA, and more. Dr. Fogle has reviewed the supplements I am taking (Vitamin D, DHEA, Coq10, Fish Oil, Dim Detox, L'arginine, Magnesium, Acai Berry) and adjusted some doses. She is also recommending a mini-stims IVF cycle with ICSI... We are patients that do research and come up with multiple questions; she has addressed them with patience. However, she didn't inform us about the risk of not obtaining a result upon sending the products of conception for genetic testing, and in my opinion, represented that there wasn't a male factor in our journey, when it was found later that there was upon doing further testing.
Both nurses [at ACRM] seem knowledgeable and answered emails and questions on an ongoing basis. The nursing staff is overall good and responsive but can sometimes take long to call with results...I wish they were more proactive in their recommendations. We were told that my husband's sperm was perfect with "slightly lower motility than needed" but that it wasn't an issue and we shouldn't concern with it, only to find out after our 2nd miscarriage, that he has a DNA fragmentation issue.
Latino, Middle Eastern
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is knowledgeable and doesn't rush through the appointments like other doctors I've had. She asks questions, is direct, eloquent and uses clear language while giving enough information in a non-condescending way. We are patients that do research and come up with multiple questions; she has addressed them with patience. However, she didn't inform us about the risk of not obtaining a result upon sending the products of conception for genetic testing, and in my opinion, represented that there wasn't a male factor in our journey, when it was found later that there was upon doing further testing. I believe we should've been warned that a test was missing that could show more later if we decided or needed to do it. For a long time, we assumed that we only had one issue and didn't work on improving the male factor. Dr. Fogle has an approachable personality. I would recommend her and for the time being intend to continue treatment with her.
Ask enough questions and be your own advocate. Dr. Fogle will listen and take your opinion into consideration.
Dr. Fogle took the time to answer questions and explain things to us as we are informed patients. She also repeatedly reminded me that our prognosis wasn't as bad as I thought. She also performed a D&C after our miscarriage and was kind when I woke up from the procedure.
We did two medicated cycles with Clomid under Dr. Fogle's treatment and one IUI (actually performed by Dr. Hasty in ACRM). Looking back, the IUI should've perhaps been cancelled because husband was traveling on the more ideal day but she took in consideration our opinion and we didn't want to "waste a cycle." These treatments resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Fogle also performed a HSG and HSC (actually performed by Dr. Keenan). Upon getting pregnant naturally, Dr. Fogle performed ultrasounds and adjusted my synthroid dose from 75 MCG to 88 MCG after I asked for my TSH to be checked again. She also adjusted my progesterone dose upon my request. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. After our second miscarriage (first under her care), she recommended a number of tests including karyotypes, glucose tolerance test, SCSA, and more. Dr. Fogle has reviewed the supplements I am taking (Vitamin D, DHEA, Coq10, Fish Oil, Dim Detox, L'arginine, Magnesium, Acai Berry) and adjusted some doses. She is also recommending a mini-stims IVF cycle with ICSI. We plan to start this next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Barbrow and Suzanne Lloyd)
Megan and Suzanne are two nurses at ACRM and both are good communicators. Megan is a bit more responsive. Both nurses seem knowledgeable and answered emails and questions on an ongoing basis. The nursing staff is overall good and responsive but can sometimes take long to call with results. Our patient care coordinator is Vanessa Otamendi. She is really nice and very responsive as well. Some members of the staff taking care of blood work and other jobs besides communicating with the patients could use better bedside manner.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is organized, clean, and offers various locations for convenience of the patients. The nurses are good and responsive and the doctors are knowledgeable. The patient coordinators do a good job at knowing your cycle and when to schedule the different tests and appointments. The admin and finance staff could be better though. The OR at ACRM is top notch! I would definitely recommend them, from the nurses to the people doing follow ups. They were compassionate and clearly cared about the patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
We've paid out of pocket for fertility treatments since our insurance doesn't cover them. Diagnostic tests are covered. We believe that 1 appointment wasn't coded right as we were still discussing options and it was coded as IVF appointment because Dr. Fogle did provide the protocol she would suggest. However, we were still in a diagnostic stage. ACRM isn't particularly affordable but such is the cost of medicine in the US.
Dr. Fogle and her clinic (ACRM) have a clear policy to only transfer 1 embryo.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM.

Dr. Denis clearly provided us with our options but was very clear to not give us false hope...Considering my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis and poor ovarian reserve, Dr. Denis provided us the option to do the most aggressive protocol of IVF and hope for the best. In February 2018, we completed our egg retrieval and now have three grade 1 frozen embryos!...I’m so grateful for him overlooking statistics and taking a chance on us!
Efficiency is their top strength in my book! The clinic [ACRM] understands and values your time while not making it seem like a factory at the same time. Everyone has been so kind and caring...Many of the things I found Dr. Denis encouraged such as acupuncture and the use of CoQ10 for egg health. Testosterone was also part of my protocol again, due to poor ovarian reserve. Hearing “you’re a success story” at my follow up appointment after the retrieval was all I needed to be a believer in each of those things!
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I was diagnosed with endometriosis in February 2017, had laproscopy surgery in May and was given the “there is nothing more we can do” in November. This was my experience prior to finding ACRM and Dr. Denis. We made the long drive to Atlanta expecting similar results, fortunately, that wasn’t the case. Dr. Denis clearly provided us with our options but was very clear to not give us false hope. In that appointment we found hope again that had been ripped away just the month before. Considering my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis and poor ovarian reserve, Dr. Denis provided us the option to do the most aggressive protocol of IVF and hope for the best. In February 2018, we completed our egg retrieval and now have three grade 1 frozen embryos! More than once Dr. Denis reminded us to make the decision that was best for us and that would leave us with no regrets. I feel that with his guidance we made the right decision and will continue to do so. He is most concerned with giving us that family we want not just treating the diagnoses or getting one healthy baby. His plans for ensuring we have our future family go above and beyond what I could have ever imagined! I’m so grateful for him overlooking statistics and taking a chance on us! Because of this I will be eternally grateful for his care regardless of our end result. Dr. Denis cares about people and it is obvious is his every day care!
Remember...no regrets. IVF and Infertility care in general is not easy by any means. Dr. Denis has given us multiple opportunities to make decisions, which are not always easy, but he encouraged us to really think beyond the moment before making these important decisions.
From the moment I met Dr. Denis everything changed. One month earlier I had been turned away by another RE and told to pursue donor eggs. This encounter was definetly the most positive experience I’ve had in our 5 year journey. He said “ it’s 2017...we will get you a family” after he discussed in great detail our options while also ensuring he didn’t give us false hope. Those words gave me hope again after it had all been ripped away!
In my times of desperation or when my mind ran away I googled, like everyone else. I found new treatment options and data from all over the world. Honestly, I was willing to try anything. Many of the things I found Dr. Denis encouraged such as acupuncture and the use of CoQ10 for egg health. Testosterone was also part of my protocol again, due to poor ovarian reserve. Hearing “you’re a success story” at my follow up appointment after the retrieval was all I needed to be a believer in each of those things!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Kent)
Efficient is he vest way to describe the clinic staff. My protocol required weekend appointments which are not favorable, however, they value your time and I was in and out in no time! Each time I’ve been to the clinic is see familiar faces. That in itself is important to me!
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Efficiency is their top strength in my book! The clinic understands and values your time while not making it seem like a factory at the same time. Everyone has been so kind and caring. Greeting you as you walk in and out of the door and in the hallways. I can’t say enough things about the clinic!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We were aware from the beginning that our costs would be at the higher end of the spectrum due to my need for the intensive protocol. This meant more frequent testing and more medications. After our meeting with Dr. Denis we met with a nurse and immediately knew what to expect about costs. They were able to call in medicines to a nearby pharmacy which specialized in fertility meds to cut down on the costs. We were definitely grateful for that!

PCOS, Unexplained, Other
I have PCOS and I remember him telling me that my weight or the diagnosis would not stop me from becoming a mom. When we meet with him covers all the facts and explains all the possible outcomes.... My second egg retrieval was devastating because we ended up with nothing,but I understand that these things happen.... After having the ERA test done that was performed by Dr.Toner I went on to conceive twice after having four unsuccessful transfers.
The strength of ACRM is their efficiency and organization. The only weakness I would say is the technology of clinic. I think that they should update some of the machines and exam rooms,but other than that I love it.... I cant say enough great things about my nurse. I absolutely,positively love her!! She has helped me through so many ups and downs in this infertility journey. She is more than a nurse,I can call or email her and she always gets back to me.
PCOS, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
Dr Toner gave me hope when one of his colleagues completely dismissed me. I have PCOS and I remember him telling me that my weight or the diagnosis would not stop me from becoming a mom. When we meet with him covers all the facts and explains all the possible outcomes. He supports whatever decisions we make and have gotten us through some pretty tough times. ACRM's lab does not accept our insurance so we had to have our third egg retrieval at another clinic. Although we were able to get some eggs I felt more comfortable just paying the money to go back to ACRM. My seventh egg transfer will be March 13 with Dr.Toner and I wouldnt have it any other way.
He's a very kind man,and definitely knows what hes talking about. He will give you hope when other wont.
My team is absolutely amazing! Dr.Toner and my nurse Mikesha Middlebrook have always treated myself and m husband as more than just patients. We have a very long and complicated history,but they've always been there for us. I suffer two second trimester losses due to an incompetent cervix and they both came to the hospital and just sat with us. It meant the world to me that in my lowest moment they were there for us.
My second egg retrieval was devastating because we ended up with nothing,but I understand that these things happen. Trial and error. I was triggered too early and my eggs hadn't had time to mature. After having the ERA test done that was performed by Dr.Toner I went on to conceive twice after having four unsuccessful transfers. My protocols for egg retrieval is to stim slow and steady to prevent OHSS. Transfer protocol is very simple estrogen tabs,followed by six days of PIO before transfer. My ERA results showed that I needed an extra day of PIO before transfer.
I cant say enough great things about my nurse. I absolutely,positively love her!! She has helped me through so many ups and downs in this infertility journey. She is more than a nurse,I can call or email her and she always gets back to me. Shes been there for me and my husband through transfer after transfer,loss after loss. She held my lifeless baby in her arms and Ill never forget that. She goes above the call of duty and I am so grateful to have her as my nurse. She is truly is an extraordinary woman and definitely a huge contributor to ACRM's success.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
I have no complaints with the time frame of monitoring. It makes sense that they are done first thing to ensure that patients with consults later on in the day get the full attention they deserve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Right now Dr.Toner i covered under my insurance but not the lab. That part has been a bit of a disappointment,but Dr.Toner offered us a 20% discount for what is not covered under insurance.
I am a one at a time kind of patient. I understand after all the information I have now that if an embryo is genetically tested and transfer is at the right time,all it takes is one embryo. At my age and having genetically tested embryos I understand that it is safe for me health wise to transfer one embryo at a time.
Jim Toner
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jim Toner at ACRM.

She [Dr. Calhoun] was/is always attentive, let’s you speak, and she always takes notes.... Another thing I really like is she’s always prepared, she knows your history and remembers it. She’s looking at you when speaking, not at her computer. She also takes the time to draw things out so you can visually see the treatment, not just words on paper.... All four of my IUIs had a Letrozole leadin, my body responded well to the drug with little to no side effects.
All of the locations [ACRM] are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule.... They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of).... They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked.... My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
The day I met her I immediately felt connected. She’s very kind, funny and yet a straight shooter. Those are qualities I must have in a Dr of this nature. Another thing I really like is she’s always prepared, she knows your history and remembers it. She’s looking at you when speaking, not at her computer. She also takes the time to draw things out so you can visually see the treatment, not just words on paper. She’s very positive and empathetic and you feel like you have a friend in what can be a very dark scary journey. I haven’t had success yet, but I will stick with her because of who she is and how she treats you. She sees you as a human being going through a tough time and she’s willing to help any way she can. I also need to mention she isn’t in any way pushy, she lets you go at your own pace and make your own choices.
To trust her. Infertility is scary and hard. It’s difficult to understand but with. Dr like her, you can trust her advice and methods.
I felt like a human with her because I never felt gushed when speaking to her. She was/is always attentive, let’s you speak, and she always takes notes. I feel like with her my thoughts, concerns etc are important and in turn she takes the time to clearly explain and respond to all of them. She makes the effort to ensure you understand what’s happening and next steps so that you aren’t scared.
All four of my IUIs had a Letrozole leadin, my body responded well to the drug with little to no side effects. Also two trigger shots only be my follicles we’re ready yet I hadn’t gotten a positive surge on my OPK. Then post IUI we did progesterone suppositories b/c my bloodwork showed lower progesterone. I have also had two uterine reservations due to a septum. First being before my first IUI then again before the 4th IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Kent)
My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic. Very much like Dr. Calhoun, you could ask her anything and she never made you feel like it was a dumb question or if it was repetative, she did not seem bothered. For me this was a big deal b/c as you go through all the tests, instructions, etc it can get very confusing and you are so full of hope, you want to ensure your are doing everything right to ensure your biggest dreams will come true. Megan was always direct and explained things very well and was also good with giving tips too. With my clinic sending questions, etc via email was the way to go b/c I liked to have things documented to refer back to and also b/c if you called the nurse, it would always go to voicemail and they would call you back later in the day. I did not care for the voicemail but I did understand the reason behind it.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has 4 locations within the Atlanta area and I have been to three of them due to my cycle sometimes causing the IUI to take place on a weekend or holiday. To me this is a HUGE plus to have many locations all easily accessible. Reduces the stress big time! All of the locations are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule. They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of). They offer water and have bowls of candy out. It is a very different enviroment than any other Dr office. You feel more at home and relaxed b/c it is not sterile and the decor isn't from 1975. They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked. They provide ample handouts on your treatment so you know what is happening when and how. They take the time to ensure you know exactly what is happening and why as well. I can honestly say I don't know of any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
In total for 4 IUIs, we've spent close to 9K. Breakdown estimates below after insurance which covered diagnostics only: Baseline - $200 Midcycle - $350 Insemination - $500 Sperm Analysis - $140 Blood work (various) - $100 each, has several per IUI Trigger Shots - $100 Hysteroscopy surgery (2) - $1500 each
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Keenan showed a great deal of compassion when I had my miscarriage. It was in that moment that I truly saw how much he cares for his patients. He always treats me with such respect and dignity. It was my fear that my doctor would look on me with pity but instead he just tries to be proactive.... We have done three rounds of our UI with letrozol. Two out of the three rounds we did a trigger shot the day before. Getting the timing right with this has been very stressful for me because I have to drive two hours just to get to Dr. Keenan‘s office.
The clinic itself [ACRM- Johns Creek] is very nice. Parking is easy and the waiting room comfortable. The front desk staff learn see you are very quickly and welcomes you when you walk in the door. I’ve never had a long wait they normally get you in and out pretty quickly. Also really appreciate that they ask that people do not bring children into the waiting room. Find that very respect.... Each round of our UI is approximately $2000, The trigger shot is almost $200 each time, and just a consultation with Dr. Keenan is around $150 every time we see him.
How was your experience with David Keenan at ACRM?
Dr. Keenan showed a great deal of compassion when I had my miscarriage. It was in that moment that I truly saw how much he cares for his patients. He always treats me with such respect and dignity. It was my fear that my doctor would look on me with pity but instead he just tries to be proactive. He is respectful and soft-spoken. And I have never feel that he is going to give up on me even when I feel like giving up myself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Keenan at ACRM?
He comes across as having a tough outer shell but I truly believe that he has a soft center and really cares for his patients. I would also tell them to never worry about asking him too many questions. Honestly doesn’t mind being asked.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Keenan at ACRM?
The staff and doctor are very considerate and professionally with me. I sometimes feel rushed while I’m there and because there are so many patients there is little flexibility with appointments. Over, I am happy with how I am treated especially because this has been such an emotional and heartbreaking experience.
Describe the protocols David Keenan used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We have done three rounds of our UI with letrozol. Two out of the three rounds we did a trigger shot the day before. Getting the timing right with this has been very stressful for me because I have to drive two hours just to get to Dr. Keenan‘s office. The first round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot worked but resulted in a miscarriage. We are working really hard to save up to try another round after the second two failed. IVF Will be the next step if we can save up enough money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
Sherry and Stephanie were the two nurses that I saw most often. They honestly became like friends and one of my biggest support systems. I live two hours away from the Johns Creek office in the north Georgia mountains. I often times have to wake up at five in the morning just to get there for a quick appointment or to get my blood drawn. These two ladies knew this and we’re very compassionate and understanding. They got to know me on a personal level and would ask questions and check on me. I felt human around them and not just some test subject.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic itself is very nice. Parking is easy and the waiting room comfortable. The front desk staff learn see you are very quickly and welcomes you when you walk in the door. I’ve never had a long wait they normally get you in and out pretty quickly. Also really appreciate that they ask that people do not bring children into the waiting room. Find that very respect.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Keenan at ACRM.
Treatment has been extremely expense. I have insurance but my insurance covers nothing associated with infertility. Each round of our UI is approximately $2000, The trigger shot is almost $200 each time, and just a consultation with Dr. Keenan is around $150 every time we see him.
Describe David Keenan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Something like this will be one of our next steps if you can save up enough money for I’ve.
David Keenan
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Keenan at ACRM.

From the day I met Dr. Hasty, I felt like I had known her for years! She was so friendly and inviting. She seemed genuinely eager to help us....I do not have one negative thing to say about Dr. Hasty. The knowledge she has in her field is astounding! But equally important, is her bedside manner. She made me feel important from my very first visit. Every time I left her office, she gave me the biggest hug. Those hugs gave me comfort and hope!
All of the ACRM clinics are so inviting and have a peaceful environment. For me, this was important because of the stress associated with infertility. It was nice to go in a calm environment. Additionally, I love that they do not allow children at all for the sake of their patients....Nurse Michelle Deloach was always extremely helpful when I had questions or concerns. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to e-mail her directly and get a response within hours.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
I would advise any new patient to go in with questions written down. More than likely she will answer them all before you have a chance to ask. The amount of information she can provide can be overwhelming at a first visit, but in a good way.
Dr. Hasty started with two rounds of Letrizole for my treatment, because conceiving had not been my issue in the past. Unfortunately, I was not able to conceive during those months. She suggested IVF, but that is where my treatment stopped because we could not afford it at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Deloach)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My insurance covered all preliminary tests. Once I began fertility pills, each ultrasound and exam was approximately $500. Had I been able to go through with IVF, the medications were going to be $6,600 and the IVF procedure in total was going to be approximately $17,000.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

[The staff at ACRM is] Always friendly when you walk in, someone always greets you, appointments are always on time, and I've never really had to wait on the Dr or nurse. I don't want to make them sound perfect, as maybe some of the staff isn't as friendly as others but for the most part, they are all nice, professional and easy to communicate with.... For the IUI process, I was on letrozole for a week before the insemination. I used donor sperm as I'm single. I became pregnant on my first ever IUI and first time trying. Unfortunately it resulted in an eptoptic pregnancy at 6 weeks.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr Fogle is real! She is honest and personable making you feel comfortable every step of the way. She is always on time, professional, and friendly. Dr Fogle explains every aspect of each process and was always spot on with each protocol she suggested during IUI attempt and IVF attempt #1. She has kept my mind at ease during the process and I know she will continue.
I would tell a prospective patient to be patient with the process, don't be overly confident, trust the process and remain positive with each step of the way.
Dr Fogle is one of the realest Dr's I've ever met. From the moment I met her, it was like sitting down with an old friend that only wanted the best for me. She typically started her advice to me with, If you were my sister... She was always upfront and honest with me. She knew exactly what information needed to be shared and what didn't need to be shared. Her expertise and devotion to fertility is quite apparent and its almost as if she knows things before they even happen. I felt very confident under her supervision during the IVF cycle that I already did and will continue to trust her judgement and protocol for the next one. Its all about finding the good egg at this point. I am a 41 year old single female, with a deep desire to start a family on my own and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I know Dr Fogle will be by my side through it all with her best intentions along the way.
For the IUI process, I was on letrozole for a week before the insemination. I used donor sperm as I'm single. I became pregnant on my first ever IUI and first time trying. Unfortunately it resulted in an eptoptic pregnancy at 6 weeks. So then Dr Fogle advised me to start IVF next. Being my age, and having an eptoptic can increase your chances of it happeneing again. Protocol for IVF, I was on birth control for 10 days then start the stimulation injections. Morning and evening was a dose of Micro dose lupron and dexamethasone 1x a day. Then the following evening I started gonal-f, menopur, and omnitripin with the micro dose lupron. That lasted for about 9 days for the trigger shot/hcg. With ultra sound at day 6 and the week of the trigger shot every other day to make sure my ovaries were stable, and the follicles were growing to the right size needed for the egg retrieval. I was very successful with this treatment. I had many follicles, retrieved 20 eggs, 12 fertilized and three embryos but unfortunately the three were not chromosomal normal, which happens to the best of us. I have no known fertility issues only my age. I will keep trying!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Barbrow)
You would thing my nurse and Dr Fogle were sisters. They had the same great characteristics and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. My nurse was always on top of everything, she responded to every email or call in a timely manner, she was compassionate and treated me like a friend and not just a patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I have nothing to compare it to. Its expensive no matter where you go. IVF is costly. I did the attain program and so for each step, I wasn't sure of the cost but total its expensive.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Denis made my husband and I feel calm and reassured. He took his time with us and made us feel very comfortable and "normal" through the process. Infertility is a very alienating experience and Dr. Denis spoke with hopefulness that we would conceive a child successfully.... My husband is an AML- Leukemia survivor. He had blood drawn for genetics testing. If you receive bone marrow you cannot receive accurate genetics testing results. This was an oversite by ACRM. However, the genetics testing agency, Counsyl, caught the error and notified ACRM. The blood sample genetics testing was cancelled by Counsyl before payment was required, thankfully.
When you first meet with the clinic [ACRM], you are assigned a doctor, nurse, and patient care coordinator. At first, it is confusing as to whom you should speak to about particular questions. The patient care coordinator sets appointments and the nurse answers all medical questions. I felt there was a lot of confusion with the patient care coordinator and that role coordinating with the nurse.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I would tell the prospective patient to be forthcoming about all their medical history so Dr. Denis can rule out any unknowns during the treatment process. Also to be relaxed because Dr. Denis is very down-to-earth.
Dr. Denis was so kind upon first meeting. He made me and my husband feel comfortable and did not pressure us to pursue any option that we were not comfortable with. He laid out the options for us and spent as much time as we needed answering questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi)
Tulsi has been very helpful in this process. She has provided me with all the information I have requested in a timely manner. She is very sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
When you first meet with the clinic, you are assigned a doctor, nurse, and patient care coordinator. At first, it is confusing as to whom you should speak to about particular questions. The patient care coordinator sets appointments and the nurse answers all medical questions. I felt there was a lot of confusion with the patient care coordinator and that role coordinating with the nurse. I am not far into the process so I am still figuring everything out. Since my last appointment, communication is running much more smoothly.
The meds range from 6-8k, anesthesia $500, 25k for embryo testing and transfer

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I am now preparing for egg donor IVF. Before this happens, she [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter] recommended I have the fibroids removed...was open and honest. She cares about her patients including their physical and mental well-being...always offers both sides of the procedure(s), good and bad. You never feel rushed when talking to her. She refrains from offering personal advice. She always provides research based answers.
$60/visit. IUI approx. $3,000 each. Meds. $25 [costs at ACRM]...The clinic is great at scheduling people. The waiting room is never over crowded nor do you have to wait long. The care coordinators are responsive and caring. It would be great if the frozen sperm and IUI procedure were at the Johns Creek location vs going to the other office. I would have also prefer Dr. Carpenter to perform the IUI procedure instead of a doctor I never met.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Dr. Carpenter always offers both sides of the procedure(s), good and bad. You never feel rushed when talking to her. She refrains from offering personal advice. She always provides research based answers.
Look forward to being cared for by a Dr. who puts you first.
Dr. Carpenter was open and honest. She cares about her patients including their physical and mental well-being.
I had 3 IUI’s. I wanted to try to have a child using my own eggs. My ovarian reserve was slightly below normal, but all other tests were fine. She used Letrozole to increase the number of eggs produced, but each time I never had more than 2 well developed eggs released. I also used progesterone inserted vaginally. The end result was 2 negative results and 1 chemical miscarriage. I am now preparing for egg donor IVF. Before this happens, she recommended I have the fibroids removed. The surgery is tomorrow, 3/1/18.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Timeka Carter)
Timeka is a good care coordinator. She always called back ina timely manner and was extremely fast when replying to emails. I did not have much interaction with my nurse. I did not have much interaction with
$60/visit. IUI approx. $3,000 each. Meds. $25
It is my understanding the center will only emplaned one egg when using a donor. I feel we should have the option to use more than one.
+ Read more- Read less

since my negative appt. Dr. Hasty has not even called to tell me the next step...The times I had procedures done I actually was seen by a different Dr. every time. The other Dr.'s were very considerate but it just was uncomfortable...Dr. Hasty was very friendly but, I only saw here once and that was in her office. I spoke with her on the phone once. She seemed like a very nice and compassionate person. She just didn't notify me that I wasn't just her patient.
The staff [at ACRM] was very nice but they wouldn't answer the phone calls. I would have to leave a message and wait for them to call back eventually. I could also, email them and they would respond faster through that approach...The strengths of this clinic is that they have several offices. They seem knowledgeable and they are compassionate. Weaknesses are they sometimes didn't show sympathy and also, the billing dept charged me for something that should have been prorated.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty was very friendly but, I only saw here once and that was in her office. I spoke with her on the phone once. She seemed like a very nice and compassionate person. She just didn't notify me that I wasn't just her patient. At ACRM they actually may as well share patients. I would be fine with that but, I just didn't know that until it came time to see a Dr. The times I had procedures done I actually was seen by a different Dr. every time. The other Dr.'s were very considerate but it just was uncomfortable. And when I went for the IUI the Dr. that performed the procedure (Carpenter), she continuously had to adjust the tools. Which kind of made me nervous and question if that what caused the IUI not to work as well. I appreciated what they have done so far. I just wish that next time I have a Dr. that takes care of me form the beginning to the end themselves. Lastly, since my negative appt. Dr. Hasty has not even called to tell me the next step.
Be honest in the beginning and ask all of your questions up front!
I felt that they actually considered my feelings however, the first cycle we have gone was like oh well that normal maybe next time. I felt that there wasn't much sympathy after the first negative test. it was oh well let's try again in a few months.
We had to keep up with the amount of cycle days, to begin testing for ovulation and taking fertility pills. Then, we had to call or email the nurse for the frozen smiley face to schedule and appt to come in for the IUI cycle. Once we arrived we waited and then the new Dr. came in and introduced herself and explained the procedure then she asked the nurse for several steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Changed 2 times)
The staff was very nice but they wouldn't answer the phone calls. I would have to leave a message and wait for them to call back eventually. I could also, email them and they would respond faster through that approach.
$8000 or a little more

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM.

Dr. Calhoun is easy to talk to, upbeat, positive, and understanding. She makes you feel as if she really cares about you not just the outcome. We trust her. My only complaint was I rarely saw her during my first cycle. It could’ve just been the schedule for those 12 days but after our initial consult apt where everything was set up, I didn’t see/hear from her again until she called about a week after the egg retrieval. Understand that this clinic is extremely busy and it didn’t affect my treatment but just being honest about how often you may see your actual doctor.
[at ACRM- Atl Perimeter] I was prescribed gonal f,menopur, cetrotide, and a dual trigger shot of Lupron and novarel. The first 5 days were just the gonal and menopur (2 vials). After that I started taking cetrotide on day 6 to prevent ovulation. My follicles grew very fast and I didn’t have much discomfort at all. Egg retrieval they got 26 eggs, 16 were mature and 8 more matured overnight in the lab, of that only 6 fertilized. Of that only 1 became a day 6 blastocyst. So disappointing results but for me apparently everything was good, it is a male factor issue. We are starting round 2 this week and she is changing my dose of menopur from 2 vials to 1. We are going to biopsy my husband for Sperm direct this time and see if that changes the outcome.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Just know what you are getting, a busy group of doctors that rotate so you may not see her much depending on the time.
Dr. Calhoun is wonderful face to face. She had amazing bedside manner and treated us like people.
She had a strong preference for 1 embryo transfer, especially the first time.
9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Lisa Hasty has been a truly exceptional doctor. She is professional, knowledgable, warm, encouraging and trustworthy. I would not hesitate to recommend her to any woman experiencing infertility. I have experienced two miscarriages while under her care, both of which were due to a uterine septum. She treated me with compassion and caring in a way that I have not experienced from a medical professional in the past.
Although this clinic is very busy, they are always able to accommodate my requested appointments, get back in touch with me very quickly and are very patient to answer any questions. I highly recommend ACRM. They have multiple locations throughout Atlanta which helps for the number of visits required.... [Cost of Treatment] Full IVF retrieval with PGS testing upwards of $30,000... Dr. Lisa Hasty has been a truly exceptional doctor.
9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Go see her early!
Lisa Hasty has the warmest demeanor. She speaks to you intelligently and is willing to answer any questions. I never feel rushed when I have an appointment with her.
Two pregnancies from IUI protocol (using Letrozole) resulted in miscarriage both at 8 weeks due to uterine septum. Septum removal surgery performed by Dr. Keenan at ACRM. Multiple IUI's later with no pregnancies, I then underwent a two month follicle stimulation/IVF retrieval. Dr. Hasty used a very aggressive protocol for my retrieval based on my low AMH levels. We were able to retrieve 6 eggs, 5 of which were mature and fertilized, 4 made it to blast. We genetic tested 4 embryos and have two genetically normal embryos. Waiting for my first FET next month.
Full IVF retrieval with PGS testing upwards of $30,000
They have told me based on my age (32) they will only be transferring one genetically tested embryo at a time.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Denis is very personable and easy to work with. He is very knowledgeable in the field of infertility and spoke very openly and honestly about the process. He has been a wealth of knowledge and able to answer any and all questions we have had. He is a caring and warm Dr. who has a vested interest in our journey and has made this journey much easier...We are still on our IVF journey, but we have put of faith and trust in Dr. Denis.
I love that they [ACRM] are open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day)...The facilities are convenient and very up to date. The ease of booking an appointment is wonderful and the wait time is always minimal. Everyone in the office has a caring and compassionate demeanor which is very calming and encouraging. The entire staff is there to help if you have any questions. I can’t say enough wonderful things about ACRM.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
As a patient of Dr. Denis, I have felt very calm and at ease through this process (as much as possible). He explains things in a way that we understand and answers any and all questions we have. We had an IUI scheduled and another doctor was scheduled to perform it for us, but Dr. Denis rearranged his schedule for the day to ensure he was the doctor completing the IUI. During our first embryo transfer, Dr. Denis made a point to come in and talk with us before and his demeanor showed how invested he was with us. He has always been very compassionate and caring through every step of the process. At one point through our journey we did seek out a second opinion. After meeting with the other Dr. we could easily see the difference and what made Dr. Denis so special. We are still on our IVF journey, but we have put of faith and trust in Dr. Denis.
Be open and ask any questions you may have.
IUI- all three times I took 150 mg of clomid and did a trigger shot the night before the procedure. Throughout the cycle we had several ultrasounds to track the progress of my ovaries. IVF- I was taking a lower dosage of medication because I was at risk for overstimulating. I can remember exactly the medication I took, but I know for sure menopur and gonal-f. My medication also increased as I got closer to retrieval. We had several ultrasounds to track the progress as well. FET- I started with estradiol and increased the dosage as we went on. I also had Progesterone injections nightly. The FET was scheduled when the time was right hormonally and that was checked by Bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi)
Our nurse is amazing. She too has invested a lot of interest and compassion throughout our infertility journey. She is very prompt in returning emails and phone calls no matter the time or day. She even wrote me a letter that we received during our two week wait following our FET. I adore our nurse.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has been wonderful. The facilities are convenient and very up to date. The ease of booking an appointment is wonderful and the wait time is always minimal. Everyone in the office has a caring and compassionate demeanor which is very calming and encouraging. The entire staff is there to help if you have any questions. I can’t say enough wonderful things about ACRM. Plus, I love that they are open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We have made several payments to ACRM. We have paid for initial infertility screenings, 3 IUI procedures, countless bloodwork and ultrasounds. We have paid for egg retrieval procedure as well as one frozen embryo transfer. We paid for genetic testing for 12 embryos and all of the medication for every cycle as directed.
Dr. Denis has a preference of transferring one embryo at a time due to my age and the quality of the embryos we have.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Carpenter treats her patients 100% like humans. She ALWAYS makes sure her patients leave her office understanding their care plan and feeling comfortable with their plan. She's accessible and easy to talk to. And, she really genuinely cares about you as a person... Our retrieval was antagonist protocol with birth control. 225 IU of Gonal + 1 vial of Menopur for 6 days. Then, on day 7 we added 0.25 of Cetrotide for 4 days. We did a Pregnyl trigger injection. We opted for ICSI and did genetic testing. We froze our embryos to test/let my body recover from stimulation. This protocol resulted in 15 eggs retrieved and 5 day 5 embryos frozen.
ACRM is a very good clinic. Their strategy is coordinated care--so, you may not see your primary physician every time. But, information is shared and the physicians are great about working together. It's seamless. The rest of the staff is very friendly and helpful. You can pay bills online. And, their offices are very well appointed and comfortable. Also, they have several locations across metro Atlanta.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
My experience is ongoing, but it's been a great one. We've had setbacks and we haven't had the results we want yet, but I'm confident in our plan and I always feel like I'm a participant in the plan vs. just a patient.
She's very, very smart. Ask as many questions as you'd like and she'll always be ready with an answer. She cares about you and your journey--never hesitate to reach out if you're feeling overwhelmed.
Our retrieval was antagonist protocol with birth control. 225 IU of Gonal + 1 vial of Menopur for 6 days. Then, on day 7 we added 0.25 of Cetrotide for 4 days. We did a Pregnyl trigger injection. We opted for ICSI and did genetic testing. We froze our embryos to test/let my body recover from stimulation. This protocol resulted in 15 eggs retrieved and 5 day 5 embryos frozen. Unfortunately, our first IVF round was unsuccessful. We did a uteran septum resection after our failed attempt and are now waiting to transfer our second embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Bisciotti)
My care team at ACRM consistent for Sherri (primary nurse) and Timeka Carter (care coordinator). Sherri has been the most incredible support throughout this journey. She is easily accessible and answers my questions (or finds Dr. Carpenter) every single time. Timeka is also amazing. She knows my appointment preferences and always reaches out in a timely manner to help schedule my appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
My retrieval was about $14K. Each transfer is about $4K. My insurance (BCBS) is not covered for blood work, so each time I needed in-house labs, the cost was several hundred dollars. Through my insurance, only 'diagnosis' codes are accepted. So, monitoring and consultations are copay only. But, anything beyond that is out of pocket.
ACRM and Dr. Carpenter encourage single emrbyo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Kathryn Calhoun] is great, you can have a conversation with her and get all your concerns addressed. I felt relaxed visiting her and never felt talked down to or anything. It was one of my best experiences with a doctor.... She listened to us and also went into detail about what we were going to do. She answered all our questions and talked to us like humans and equals never talked down to us.
I love that the clinic [ACRM-Marietta] has a no children policy. It made it so much easier knowing I wasn't going to be forced to have someone flaunt their child in front of us when we were trying our hardest for our first child. Overall everyone is nice... Kim [a nurse] was probably the weak link. Like when we were waiting on results for blood work for a positive or negative I was told she would call us. Instead, she emailed and we waited for hours waiting for a call. She was a bit short in her replies and wasn't always clear about when we would get our results which increased our anxiety about the process. I only actually saw her twice during the months we went to the clinic.
European, Latino, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I absolutely loved having her as our doctor. She gave me recommendations for local OBGYNs and she was wonderful. She was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I wish we could have afforded to try IVF with her
She is great, you can have a conversation with her and get all your concerns addressed. I felt relaxed visiting her and never felt talked down to or anything. It was one of my best experiences with a doctor.
For the IUI we did Clomid and insemination. They did blood tests to test what would be my ideal time to inseminate and the nurses gave my trigger shots when needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Kim Curry)
Kim was probably the weak link. Like when we were waiting on results for blood work for a positive or negative I was told she would call us. Instead, she emailed and we waited for hours waiting for a call. She was a bit short in her replies and wasn't always clear about when we would get our results which increased our anxiety about the process. I only actually saw her twice during the months we went to the clinic.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I love that the clinic has a no children policy. It made it so much easier knowing I wasn't going to be forced to have someone flaunt their child in front of us when we were trying our hardest for our first child. Overall everyone is nice
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
2017 IUI First Visit $545 (Blood Test/Ultrasound) Medication $32.29 (Clomid) Mid Cycle visit $358.20 Trigger shot $135.85 Needles for shot .80 Giving shot $34 Insemination $470.00 Ultrasound $208.80 Bloodwork $3
+ Read more- Read less

When we first met with the doctor [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter] she seemed very sweet, but she was quick to tell us we needed to do IVF and wanted to get the process started asap. Being this was our first clinic I wish we would have received a better consultation rather than a stack of papers...Dr. Carpenter drew her chart with how the males body works and how the females body works. She did this to explain how everything works (lots of medical words) every time we met. I felt that was her go to. She was very sweet but didn't feel the compassion for such an emotional procedure.
Strengths [at ACRM]-Multiple locations, Staff was good, stayed on top of everything as much as they could. Weakness-Doctor experience, Finance department...She [nurse] had everything in order but with the short time we were with ACRM there was more attitude then we needed during this rough time...We had to ask them for results every time. There strategy was if it isn't of a concern we aren't going to call you. With this being our first go around we wanted to know every detail.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
We felt like a number and a count in how many IVF cycles they would complete. Dr. Carpenter drew her chart with how the males body works and how the females body works. She did this to explain how everything works (lots of medical words) every time we met. I felt that was her go to. She was very sweet but didn't feel the compassion for such an emotional procedure. What pressed my button was when I saw her after my HSG at the perimeter location. The PA completed it and then when I walked out to pay I was surprised to see her there as I was told she wasn't available to complete my procedure. I was fine with it because I know their schedules are busy but when I said Hi, excited to see her....it was a wave without anything out of her mouth and like she was forced to say hello. As a doctor you would think she would care to say hi to her patients with a little bit more enthusiasm and care.
I would ask her to give you options and ask her to explain in detail the steps and how you can communicate with her through the process.
When we first met with the doctor she seemed very sweet, but she was quick to tell us we needed to do IVF and wanted to get the process started asap. Being this was our first clinic I wish we would have received a better consultation rather than a stack of papers.
Unfortunately we didn't even get this far. After the HSG we were done with ACRM and decided to find another doctor and practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherry)
She had everything in order but with the short time we were with ACRM there was more attitude then we needed during this rough time.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
We found a few of both these during our short time with the clinic. Strengths-Multiple locations, Staff was good, stayed on top of everything as much as they could. Weakness-Doctor experience, Finance department
We didn't get that far.