Atlanta Buckhead
Marietta
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276

When we first met with the doctor [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter] she seemed very sweet, but she was quick to tell us we needed to do IVF and wanted to get the process started asap. Being this was our first clinic I wish we would have received a better consultation rather than a stack of papers...Dr. Carpenter drew her chart with how the males body works and how the females body works. She did this to explain how everything works (lots of medical words) every time we met. I felt that was her go to. She was very sweet but didn't feel the compassion for such an emotional procedure.
Strengths [at ACRM]-Multiple locations, Staff was good, stayed on top of everything as much as they could. Weakness-Doctor experience, Finance department...She [nurse] had everything in order but with the short time we were with ACRM there was more attitude then we needed during this rough time...We had to ask them for results every time. There strategy was if it isn't of a concern we aren't going to call you. With this being our first go around we wanted to know every detail.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
We felt like a number and a count in how many IVF cycles they would complete. Dr. Carpenter drew her chart with how the males body works and how the females body works. She did this to explain how everything works (lots of medical words) every time we met. I felt that was her go to. She was very sweet but didn't feel the compassion for such an emotional procedure. What pressed my button was when I saw her after my HSG at the perimeter location. The PA completed it and then when I walked out to pay I was surprised to see her there as I was told she wasn't available to complete my procedure. I was fine with it because I know their schedules are busy but when I said Hi, excited to see her....it was a wave without anything out of her mouth and like she was forced to say hello. As a doctor you would think she would care to say hi to her patients with a little bit more enthusiasm and care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I would ask her to give you options and ask her to explain in detail the steps and how you can communicate with her through the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
When we first met with the doctor she seemed very sweet, but she was quick to tell us we needed to do IVF and wanted to get the process started asap. Being this was our first clinic I wish we would have received a better consultation rather than a stack of papers.
Describe the protocols Sue Ellen Carpenter used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Unfortunately we didn't even get this far. After the HSG we were done with ACRM and decided to find another doctor and practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherry)
She had everything in order but with the short time we were with ACRM there was more attitude then we needed during this rough time.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
We found a few of both these during our short time with the clinic. Strengths-Multiple locations, Staff was good, stayed on top of everything as much as they could. Weakness-Doctor experience, Finance department
We didn't get that far.
Describe Sue Ellen Carpenter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Unfortunately not.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
We had to ask them for results every time. There strategy was if it isn't of a concern we aren't going to call you. With this being our first go around we wanted to know every detail. This is a lot of money and time we are spending to make sure we have a family.

2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Calhoun is just outstanding, there's no other way to describe her! She was with us from the very beginning of our journey to become parents. We had 2 rounds of IUI. One resulted in a Ectopic Pregnancy that ruptured. She performed the emergency surgery.... She never rushed us through phone calls, appointments, etc. She genuinely cared about us as a couple trying to start a family.
Carla (our primary nurse) and Tammy (our care coordinator) [at ACRM] were awesome! Carla always made sure I knew exactly what meds I needed to take, what the procedures would entail, etc. Tammy was always quick to schedule my appointments and always made sure my procedures worked with our schedules.... The entire staff is caring, helpful and obviously extremely professional.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is just outstanding, there's no other way to describe her! She was with us from the very beginning of our journey to become parents. We had 2 rounds of IUI. One resulted in a Ectopic Pregnancy that ruptured. She performed the emergency surgery. We went on to go 3 for 3 in the IVF process and have 3 beautiful children. We truly believe we were successful because she took so much of the stress out of our journey. We felt comfortable at each stage, even during the difficult times. The only "negative" about Dr. Calhoun is that she couldn't deliver the 3 babies she helped us bring into this world!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
No one WANTS a membership to the IVF club but sometimes there aren't any other options. The journey is stressful but at some point you have to just let go and place it in the hands of experts. This means you need to have a tremendous amount of trust in whoever is providing your care. In our opinion Dr. Calhoun is the right expert to help you during this process. Trust in her experience and know that she truly wants to see you accomplish your fertility goals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Kathryn Calhoun always made us feel like we were her only patients (even though we knew that obviously wasn't true). She never rushed us through phone calls, appointments, etc. She genuinely cared about us as a couple trying to start a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Carla Fennigan)
Carla (our primary nurse) and Tammy (our care coordinator) were awesome! Carla always made sure I knew exactly what meds I needed to take, what the procedures would entail, etc. Tammy was always quick to schedule my appointments and always made sure my procedures worked with our schedules.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I can't think of any weaknesses that ACRM needs to improve upon. The entire staff is caring, helpful and obviously extremely professional. Wait times were little to none (they run a very smooth operation but you never feel rushed) We always felt that outside of family and close friends they were our biggest cheerleaders. Whether it was the receptionist at the front desk, the nurses, the lab, the financial counselors, Doctors, etc they ALL care for the patient as a whole, you most certainly will not feel like a number!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
I think in total we spent probably around $50k-$60k from the very start to the very end.
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Calhoun preferred to do one embryo transfer at a time for health reasons. This made sense to us and felt like the most safe/comfortable option.

2013 - 2017, Unknown Success
Extremely knowledge- answers every question. Doesn't make you feel rushed. Very caring. But some things with fertility are unknown so can be frustrating when she [Dr. Robin Fogle] says it was bad luck (after transfer of a good embryo and failed pregnancy)...1 IUI after two miscarriages. We had chromosomal testing. 2 IVF after 2 more miscarriages and testing of the embryos. Antagonist protocol. PGD testing. Vaginal estrogen (help with lining) + progesterone shots. 3. Next round : adding growth hormone shot to help with eggs and a Lupron trigger (with HCG). Adding a new test - ERA - before the transfer.
[ACRM] Strengths: all top doctors - knowledge of protocols, bedside manner (for the majority of the doctors - not all), drawing blood Weakness: long wait times. If a doctor other than your primary doctor sees you for an ultrasound sometimes you'll come back in to be seen by primary (not a true weakness because thorough but just more appointments)...Dr Fogle always treated me kindly, called me directly when the transfers did not work. She has come up with a new plan and told us to move forward and try again, very supportive. However, it is a big clinic so the routine blood tests / ultrasounds sometimes just feel like one of many.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Extremely knowledge- answers every question. Doesn't make you feel rushed. Very caring. But some things with fertility are unknown so can be frustrating when she says it was bad luck (after transfer of a good embryo and failed pregnancy).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Ask her your different options for treatment. She will let you know and give a recommendation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Robin Fogle used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Strengths: Cycle details, response time to emails and compassion when I had a breakdown re: failed attempt.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Cost for retrievals, PGG testing, transfers. No charge for consults.
Describe Robin Fogle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Already single.
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr Fogle has been very thorough with my condition and treatment. She has covered all her bases with testing and even though there have been some unexpected diagnoses while undergoing my myomectomy, She has stayed positive and made me feel very well cared for... After undergoing testing and Dr Fogle performing my myomectomy and tubal removal, she discovered stage 3 endometriosis...Dr Fogle is very caring and understanding on the topic of infertility. She has kept me informed...
I have not had any problems with ACRM. They are very professional and informative. I'm always told how much my appointment is going to cost before hand and everyone is very friendly and there to help...staff always responds to my questions and treats me like they really care. ACRM has been wonderful!...Megan and Vanessa have been wonderful. They are always very quick to reply to my emails and keep me posted on what's next...I have been totally informed on financial responsibility before any treatment was performed..
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
To trust Dr Fogle with your care, and to always ask questions and voice your concerns. She is there to help you.
Dr Fogle is very caring and understanding on the topic of infertility. She has kept me informed and her staff always responds to my questions and treats me like they really care. ACRM has been wonderful!
I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids, tubal blockage, and PCOS at the same time. After undergoing testing and Dr Fogle performing my myomectomy and tubal removal, she discovered stage 3 endometriosis. I will under go an HSG once healing is complete to examine my other tube. Dr Fogle is thinking my other tube isnt functioning properly as well. If this is true, IVF is my only option. My HSG is set to be done in early June.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Cost so far has been for blood work, ultrasound, and my surgery. I have been totally informed on financial responsibility before any treatment was performed
None- IVF IS THE NEXT STEP FOR ME (more than likely)

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Review of
He [Dr. Jim Toner] lacked emotion or bedside manner, but was always pleasant and optimistic. I trust him and felt he had a very good sense of what he was doing and how to handle our case successfully. He recommended freezing sperm (which was unsuccessful because samples didn't survive thaw well)...He made sure to be very familiar with all details of our case.
[ACRM] Strengths: professional, great nurses, seemingly popular, very organized process. Weaknesses: some (not all) administrative staff is disorganized and rude...Strengths: professional, great nurses, seemingly popular, very organized process. Weaknesses: some (not all) administrative staff is disorganized and rude...He [Dr. Jim Toner] lacked emotion or bedside manner, but was always pleasant and optimistic. I trust him and felt he had a very good sense of what he was doing and how to handle our case successfully. He recommended freezing sperm (which was unsuccessful because samples didn't survive thaw well).
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He lacked emotion or bedside manner, but was always pleasant and optimistic. I trust him and felt he had a very good sense of what he was doing and how to handle our case successfully. He recommended freezing sperm (which was unsuccessful because samples didn't survive thaw well).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jim Toner at ACRM?
Do not expect extreme warmth, but do expect a capable and calm Doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He made sure to be very familiar with all details of our case.
Describe the protocols Jim Toner used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol (no female issues known). ICSI for fertilization
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha Middlebrook)
Mikesha was EXCELLENT and has taken great care of me. My patient care coordinator, Michelle, was very forgetful. She often called to schedule me for a treatment I wasn't scheduled to even have. Thankfully for my IVF cycle I made most of my appointments with Mikesha and felt great in her care.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
This was a well-oiled machine. I was usually called into appointments within 15 minutes, though I was almost always early or on time. I did wait for 10-15 minutes in the exam rooms, though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Cycle $15,600. Meds $3,300. Pre-treatment (Hysteroscopy, mock transfer) $1,770.
Describe Jim Toner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Toner's colleague Dr. Keenan performed eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Michelle, patient coordinator, called to schedule me for a D&C instead of a cyst aspiration procedure. Previously, she had also called to schedule an IVF cycle when I was only scheduled for an IUI. I made mention to Dr. Toner of this, but remained her patient. Fortunately as I began IVF my nurse Mikesha scheduled most of my appointments and procedures and my interactions with Michelle were limited. I think ACRM really does prioritize their nursing staff care (which is good), but their administrative staff leaves a lot to be desired and when you mention that, the doctors listen but do not make an effort to make changes.
Jim Toner
2012 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Fogle is such a wonderful and experienced doctor. Once we met her, we knew we wanted her to be our doctor. She is so patient and spoke to us candidly but with compassion. She always explained everything so we would fully understand what we were about to go through...Dr. Fogle diagnosed us as unexplained infertility. We did 3 rounds of IUI which were unsuccessful. We then moved on to a fresh IVF cycle with Lupron. I had a good response to the stimulation and they were able to retrieve 16 follicles, 12 of which fertilized. 9 made it to day 5 and we transferred one embryo. That cycle did not produce a pregnancy. WE then proceeded with a frozen embryo transfer and I did become pregnant (she was born April 2013). When we started trying for our second child, we attempted a FET first which did not work. So we did a fresh cycle next to be able to get more embryos for the future (I have a low AMH level). My stimulation in that cycle was pretty intense (sorry I don't remember all the hormones I had to inject). We had the same response with stimulation, retrieval and fertilization as our first fresh cycle. We transferred one embryo and I did get pregnant (our son was born September 2015).
The doctors and nursing staff are so wonderful! There was never a doubt in our mind where we would go when trying for our 2nd or 3rd child. The administrative staff isn't always super organized...Dr. Fogle is such a wonderful and experienced doctor. Once we met her, we knew we wanted her to be our doctor. She is so patient and spoke to us candidly but with compassion. She always explained everything so we would fully understand what we were about to go through.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Be ready to be wowed! She's amazing!
Dr. Fogle always took the time to explain procedures and reasoning behind each cycle. She never rushed us during appointments and made us feel comfortable with every decision.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
The nurses at ACRM are amazing! They're so sweet and compassionate!
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Dr. Fogle is a big proponent of single pregnancies (versus carrying multiples). She did not want me to have any complications due to twins both for my sake and for the babies. So she has always recommended a single embryo transfer.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I very much like Dr. Carpenter. She was the first infertility specialist that I ever saw, so I was in a pretty emotionally fragile place going into our first meeting. I felt that she took a lot of time to explain everything that was happening and what our next steps were. I never felt rushed. She seems to genuinely care about her patients. On the visits that I was actually able to see her, she took time to answer every single one of my often very long list of questions.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I would suggest someone considering Dr. Carpenter keep in mind that although she is your doctor, you will be spending a somewhat small amount of time with her. Other doctors and staff will be the ones handling many of your procedures, so make sure you are comfortable with feeling like a number during the visits when you do not see Dr. Carpenter.
I always felt that Dr. Carpenter had a great bedside manner. She took time to explain everything and answer questions. I also felt she genuinely cared about things working out for me. Unfortunately, during most of my appointments I was meeting with other doctors, nurse practitioners, or the nursing staff and I did not feel that many of them saw me as much more than a number. This was one of the reasons that I left ACRM.
I was not ovulating on my own. We did about 4 months of clomid, which did induce ovulation each time but did not result in pregnancy. We then switched to Femara for 2 months, and included 3 IUIs (2 in one cycle) during that time. Both of those months also led to ovulation, but not to pregnancy. We were then discussing IVF, but I switched clinics before beginning that process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha)
This was one of my biggest disappointments with ACRM. In an attempt to look super organized, each patient has both a designated nurse and a separate designated patient care coordinator. I was sometimes on the phone with one and rather than just booking the appointment, I had to be transferred to someone else. It seemed a lot of steps were involved to do anything. I also felt that the staff didn't have much compassion. They were very hard to reach. I don't think that I EVER was able to get though to my nurse via phone directly. I always had to leave a voicemail and then she would call back. Yes, it was within the designated "appropriate call back time," but I felt as if they almost had a policy of not answering the phone. The nursing staff who drew blood were cordial, but there were times when I was in the office multiple days in a given week. They never seemed to acknowledge that they knew who I was. We had no relationship and they didn't seem to want to develop one. I do understand that they have a lot of patients, but the lack of warmth left something to be desired. I also had a situation occur where I needed to meet with my doctor to discuss something prior to beginning a cycle. I was scheduled for an appointment and was told I would be meeting with my doctor. At the appointment, my nurse told me that was not the case. I was just having blood work to move forward with the cycle. I was very uncomfortable doing so without consulting my doctor and having some questions answered. Despite the fact that I had had a conversation with both her and with my patient care coordinator earlier in the day and had been told I could see Dr. Carpenter, I was now told that it was not scheduled that way and it was not possible. I was informed Dr. Carpenter was with another patient. I suggested that I would wait until whenever she could see me. I was visibly upset and was now crying, but no compassion was shown and I was told I could not meet with her that day. This left a very bad impression on me of the nurse. I do not blame Dr. Carpenter, as it seemed she was unaware that one of her patients was in a room crying and trying to meet with her.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
This is a big clinic. It's a baby making factory, and as such you will become just one of the patients moving along the conveyer belt. If you are lucky enough to have a doctor as caring as Dr. Carpenter, I would still say that it's not worth it because you will be bounced around to so many other doctors and nurses and your time with "your" doctor will be limited. Many of my tests and procedures were performed by nurse practitioners, not even other doctors. I was displeased about this because I was paying the same regardless of who performed it. So I would have preferred any doctor, if not MY doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
Nothing was covered by my insurance, so it all seemed very pricey. It was about 2 years ago at this point, so I do not remember exact numbers. The cost of IVF (which I never started at ACRM) was comparable to other locations in Atlanta, but much more expensive than I was able to find out of state.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I had an appointment scheduled with my assigned doctor and needed to speak with her urgently before staring a treatment cycle. I needed to decide that day whether or not I would start meds. However when I arrived my nurse told me that the appointment was not with my doctor it was just for the blood work necessary to start the cycle. I reminded her what we had discussed earlier that day and what I had also discussed with my patient care coordinator. Despite the truth of what we had discussed, despite my tears and clear emotional distress, I was still not allowed to speak to my doctor even though she was in the office and I offered to meet with her whenever she was free.
Atlanta Perimeter

Part of my reason for choosing her [Dr. Fogle] after "interviewing" 2 other doctors was her warm and open personality. We seemed to bond over and be able to chat (briefly) about things outside of just eggs...Second round, she put me on a longer stimulation protocol. One the day of egg retrieval we anticipated 5-6 eggs. Once I got out of post-op she told me i had "prematurely" ovulated and she could only get 1 egg???!!! I just feel like she could have been more on top of this, perhaps done an US before the invasion egg retrieval....
90% of all communication came through my RN [at ACRM - Atl Per]. She was good, responsive within a day...Round 2: E2/Testosterone priming with GH (Lupron, gonal, menopur, omnitrope, clomid) -- No sides effect or physical complaints. she did a longer esterase and testosterone priming because of in the previous round one egg developed faster than the rest...
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Disappointed that I went through 2 IVF stimulation protocols and the first ended early with one egg follicle developing faster/larger than the rest of the pack. So she advised to just take a trigger shot and have sex. Our intention was to bank embryos Second round, she put me on a longer stimulation protocol. One the day of egg retrieval we anticipated 5-6 eggs. Once I got out of post-op she told me i had "prematurely" ovulated and she could only get 1 egg???!!! I just feel like she could have been more on top of this, perhaps done an US before the invasion egg retrieval.... and then we attempted to fertilize 1 egg? Which didn't take so I actually have no idea what the quality was.... So all in all, it felt like it could have been managed better
I wish I went back and was stronger in voicing my dislike of the 2 failed rounds.... especially the second. Ovulating early seems like something that could have been avoided and i waste 6 eggs. i should have asked to come in for daily US
Part of my reason for choosing her after "interviewing" 2 other doctors was her warm and open personality. We seemed to bond over and be able to chat (briefly) about things outside of just eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Katrina, RN)
90% of all communication came through my RN. She was good, responsive within a day.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Annoying financial co-orindator Chantol. Not the sharpest tack in the bunch. In first telephone consult tells me its ok to pay by AMEX. I continue to go great, at least i get points for this :) (distinctly remember saying this) Get to the appointment and she is like, we don't accept AMEX. Frustrating because i brought that as a form of payment and had to scramble to move money into different accounts
$18000

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Denis] often told us he could empathize but it felt like they were empty words without feelings attached. In my opinion more testing should have been done prior to the transfers to avoid the financial headaches and pain from not being able to conceive...under the doctor's recommendation we only transferred one each time...I wish the process had been clearly explained to my husband and I before we spent our life savings trying to start a family...
she [nurse at ACRM] was able to help me maneuver through the details. Mirrin always responded to my questions in a timely manner and she took time to make sure I was informed if any changes in my treatment plan. I feel as though she really understood my pain and was shaken when we were not successful...I felt as though no one cared and I was just a number...I had a balance on my account for less than $10 and my account was locked and I was not able to make an appointment. I was not aware I had a balance...
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I wish the process had been clearly explained to my husband and I before we spent our life savings trying to start a family. I feel additional testing should have been offered to get to the root of my infertility. I was able to get pregnant six times but unable to maintain them. On most of my visits Dr. Denis talked about the economy and other current events in the world. I think this was used as an ice breaker but I did not care to hear that. He often told us he could empathize but it felt like they were empty words without feelings attached. In my opinion more testing should have been done prior to the transfers to avoid the financial headaches and pain from not being able to conceive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
Spend more time with families to ensure they are clear on what should be expected in the process. Avoid having small talk conversation used as ice breakers as families only care about trying to get pregnant. Lastly do any and all testing prior to transfers especially with older patient like myself and let us know all options available and the individual cost associated with each before we are in a financial hole that we can't get out of.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
There was an occasion when I had a balance of less than $10 dollars that I was unaware of. As a result my account was locked and I was not able to proceed with scheduling. I was later told it was a technical error and my account should not have been locked. I feel as though the clinic should have reached out to me for payment as it was an oversight. At this point we had already spent several thousands of dollars. When I shared my concerns with Dr. Denis he agreed and informed me it was a computer glitch that should have been taken care or prior to being locked out of my account.
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Recipient Donor Egg Bank Protocol _7/28___ Cycle day 1 = First day of continuous menstrual flow (spotting is NOT day 1) • Call office to inform us • Start prenatal vitamins, 1 pill orally once a day until pregnancy test • Start Baby Aspirin (81mg), 1 pill orally once a day until pregnancy test • Schedule your financial consult to discuss IVF fees (Fees are due 2 weeks before baseline appointment) _7/29___ Cycle day 2- Start birth control pills, 1 pill orally once a day _8/9___ Start Lupron (Leuprolide) 0.1 cc (10 units on tuberculin syringe) subcutaneously once daily _8/14___ Last Birth control pill (Take one today and then stop) • (you may have some bleeding after stopping the bcps, it may be light spotting or heavy like a regular period - this is normal) _8/17___ Baseline Ultrasound/Blood work Appointment: Time: _8am___ Location: Buckhead • Last day to bring in Consents _8/18___ Start Estrace 2mg twice a day, orally • Drop Lupron dose to 0.05cc (5 units) once daily _8/23___ Increase the Estrace 2mg to three times a day, orally • Continue Lupron 5 units once daily _8/31___ Midcycle Ultrasound/Blood work Appointment: Time: _8am___ Location: Buckhead • This appointment will determine whether and when progesterone injections can begin. • Do not start progesterone injections until you have received confirmation from your nurse. • If you uterine lining is not ready your embryo transfer may have to be rescheduled. • Continue all medications _9/2___ Eggs are Thawed • Spouse/Partner Appointment: Time: _8am__ Location: PERIMETER • STOP Lupron dose • Start Progesterone injection 25 mg IM (0.5ml) in the evening between 6pm-10pm Continue Estrace 2mg three times a day _9/3___ Increase Progesterone injection to 50mg (1ml) daily in the evening between 6pm - 10pm • You will receive a call with the fertilization results. (Please make sure your first and last name are stated on your voicemail message so we can leave a detailed message if you are unable to answer the phone when we call.) • Estrace 2mg three times a day _9/4___ Continue Progesterone once daily in the evening • Estrace 2mg three times a day • Start Medrol 16mg once daily with dinner _9/5___ Continue Progesterone once daily in the evening • Estrace 2mg three times a day • Medrol 16mg once daily with dinner _9/6___ Blood work Appointment Time: _8am___ Location: Perimeter • Progesterone once daily in the evening • Estrace 2mg three times a day • Medrol 16mg once daily with dinner _9/7_ Embryo Transfer Arrival Time: 9:30am Location: PERIMETER w/Dr. Toner • Please be aware that your embryo transfer time is tentative and subject to change. You will be notified the day before your procedure if your time is changed. • Please eat breakfast (low sodium) • Do not bring ANY valuables (purses, jewelry, etc.) the day of the procedure. • Dress comfortably and do not wear any makeup, perfume, baby powder or talcum powder to the retrieval OR to the transfer. No cologne for your partner/spouse. • 2 hours before your arrival time start to drink water (room temperature, no ice) • 1 hour before your arrival time take the following medication • Xanax 0.5 mg (Reminder: you must have someone drive you to and from the office because this medication will make you drowsy. ) • Ibuprofen 800 mg, take with food (Motrin/Advil 200mg tabs x 4 purchase over the counter)This is taken to help to relax the muscle of the uterus. Do not take this medication if you have any history of allergy or sensitivity to it 1 hour before your arrival time you should drink enough water so that your bladder fills full (DO NOT EMPTY YOUR BLADDER) Without a full bladder, we are unable to get proper visualization and/or placement of embryos and your procedure will be delayed if your bladder is not properly filled. • Instructions after your embryo transfer: • Today take Doxycycline 100mg tab orally, one with lunch and one with dinner • Continue all your daily medications (PNV, low dose aspirin, estrace, medrol, progesterone injections until your pregnancy test • Minimal activity day of transfer • No exercise until pregnancy test (easy walking and light house work OK) • No intercourse until pregnancy test _9/17___ Pregnancy Test Blood work Appointment Time: _8am_ Location: Buckhead
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mirrian Regan)
I am grateful to have had Mirrin Regan as my nurse as she was able to help me maneuver through the details. Mirrin always responded to my questions in a timely manner and she took time to make sure I was informed if any changes in my treatment plan. I feel as though she really understood my pain and was shaken when we were not successful.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Unfortunately I think this practice is so busy they have lost sight of their mission and foundation. Towards the end I felt as though no one cared and I was just a number. The strength of this practice is truly lies with the coordinating nurse Mirrin Regan. If it were not for her I would have been completely lost on the process. I am looking to start a new journey with Reproductive Biology Associates and looking forward to seeing Dr. Monica Best.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We ending up spending $30,000 for IVF and donor eggs.
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
My husband and I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Denis was not on board with that as he described it could lead to twins. I was concerned that one of the two embryos might not take so it would be better to do two instead of one but under the doctor's recommendation we only transferred one each time.
Andre Denis
2015, Unknown Success
Dr. Fogle responds promptly and attentively to email questions and inquiries about treatment options. She is open and warm. I find her very learner-oriented. The only thing I am surprised by is that I don't see her for every procedure
The [ACRM nurses] are very organized, always made my f/u appointments for me, knew exactly what the next step that I needed was in relation to medication, blood test, etc.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
We are still working with Dr. Fogle. I find her very learner-oriented. At my first session she reviewed the protocol she intended to follow, along with success rates and wrote it all down clearly on a piece of paper for me to take home, which helped simplify the packet of information the clinic provides you with. She is cheery and energetic.. The only thing I am surprised by is that I don't see her for every procedure. All three of our IUIs were done by another doctor at the facility. Two fell on a Saturday, so am not sure if she would have done them herself had they fallen during the week.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, Dr. Fogle is extremely patient and very happy to explain things over and over until you understand. You will not see her at every procedure.
The entire team is personable, knowledgable and very kind. Dr. Fogle was both candid and hopeful in my initial and subsequent visits. She responds promptly and attentively to email questions and inquiries about treatment options. She is open and warm. She is intentional about writing clear processes and protocol out on paper that you can take home at look at again when all the initial dust and information settle.
I already had been diagnosed with PCOS and am 36, so those two were the only factors they identified as, thankfully, all my levels and my husband's levels were within normal range. Protocol was to complete three IUIs before first attempt at IVF. We are in our third IUI currently. The clinic seems to have a standard protocol to do a series of blood and hormone tests initially. I then had the HSG procedure which uses dye to eliminate the possibility of blockages in the fallopian tubes. For each round of IUI, administer the drug letrozole to induce ovulation and check progesterone levels and vaginal ultrasound before initiating letrozole and mid-cycle to check how your ovaries respond to the drug. If no ovulation by about day 14, they prescribed the HCG injection to force ovulation and IUI scheduled for the following day. One week following the IUI return for bloodwork for progesterone levels to confirm ovulation and assure uterine lining is sufficient to support the baby. The first two cycles of IUI were unsuccessful, we are waiting for results of the third. I did request the third cycle we use Clomid instead of letrozole only b/c I had conceived our daughter three years earlier on clomid and wanted to try something different since the first two IUIs were unsuccessful. I still had to have the HCG shot with Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tareeka)
They always called the same day with results and explained exactly what each level meant in relation to target levels. They are very organized, always made my f/u appointments for me, knew exactly what the next step that I needed was in relation to medication, blood test, etc.

2014, Unsuccessful
We attempted three IVF cycles [with Dr. Carpenter] and were cancelled each time prior to retrieval, against our wishes (the doctor/clinic didn't think there were enough eggs to even try; we just wanted a chance). Basically, we were told they had three protocols and we had tried them all so our "only option" was to move on to donor eggs (note: we switched clinics and were successful on our first cycle with them)... Also, I hated that we didn't get to see our doctor during our treatment cycle - we saw a different doctor at every appointment who didn't know us and didn't want to take the time to get to know us; we were just names on a chart. They made decisions about our care without knowing our situation or preferences...
My nurse [at ACRM - Atl Per] was actually pretty good, though like everyone else at the clinic never congratulated us when we conceived or expressed sorrow when we lost the pregnancies...There is not a culture of compassion for the patients...You will sometimes have to wait a really long time for your appointment... Strengths: Free parking. People who draw blood are very good. Able to get early morning (before work) appointments most of the time...
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
In my experience she was unwilling to think outside the box/vary from set protocols. She dismissed our preferences (e.g., continue with retrieval despite few eggs), in my opinion, to protect the clinic's success rates (little did she know that our first attempt with a different clinic would be successful). She had little-to-no interaction with us during our cycles. She never congratulated us when we conceived (twice in our ten months with the clinic) or expressed sorrow when either pregnancy failed (at least not until I pointed this fact out to her at which point she did tell us she was sorry but it seemed to be very hard for her to do).
If, for whatever reason, you decide to give her/this clinic a try and are unsuccessful after a cycle or two, SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT CLINIC (may I suggest Dr. Shapiro at RBA?). If you don't fit the mold, find a doctor/clinic that will think outside the box/treat you as an individual.
My fertility issues did not "fit the mold." We attempted three IVF cycles and were cancelled each time prior to retrieval, against our wishes (the doctor/clinic didn't think there were enough eggs to even try; we just wanted a chance). Basically, we were told they had three protocols and we had tried them all so our "only option" was to move on to donor eggs (note: we switched clinics and were successful on our first cycle with them). I believe the doctor/clinic is probably ok for 90% of people/couples who are "easy" but terrible for those in the other 10%. Also, in the 10 months we worked with this doctor/clinic, we conceived twice (one on our own on a break cycle and once after a cancelled-IVF-converted-to-IUI cycle). We lost both pregnancies but my issue with the doctor (and everyone else at this clinic) is that with neither pregnancy did we hear a "congratulations" upon conception or any expression of sorrow when we lost the pregnancy. Also, I hated that we didn't get to see our doctor during our treatment cycle - we saw a different doctor at every appointment who didn't know us and didn't want to take the time to get to know us; we were just names on a chart. They made decisions about our care without knowing our situation or preferences.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha)
My nurse was actually pretty good, though like everyone else at the clinic never congratulated us when we conceived or expressed sorrow when we lost the pregnancies.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Weaknesses: they have set protocols and don't like to vary from them. They will cancel treatment cycles against your wishes (in my opinion, to protect their success rates). There is not a culture of compassion for the patients. You will likely not get to see your doctor much/at all during your treatment cycle - you'll see a different doctor at every appointment who doesn't know you and won't take the time to get to know you - you'll just be names on a chart. You will sometimes have to wait a really long time for your appointment. Strengths: Free parking. People who draw blood are very good. Able to get early morning (before work) appointments most of the time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
I was fortunate and had most expenses covered by insurance. I paid $40 for each visit (including blood draws, unfortunately) plus out-of-pocket for the meds insurance wouldn't cover.

2006 - 2011, Unsuccessful
...Two weeks later I went back to Dr. Denis to discuss the matter and what course of action to take next. I wanted to stop all RE efforts for 6 months while I went holistic to take a different approach. Dr. Denis told me that it would be unethical for him to agree to do that. That is was basically hopeless and that he would not work with me on my new plan. I went to another practice, found someone who would work with me and had twins with my own eggs via IVF 18 months later.
[ACRM is a] Smaller practice and office which was nice. They don't keep you with one doctor, they have meetings weekly to discuss the patients in treatment but as the patient it feels like they don't really have a handle on who you are or what your situation is...Because I had already done clomid, IUIs, IVF and was being refered to Egg Donation his one last attempt to do IVF with my eggs before making his own assessment of Egg Donation he used the highest doses possible on that cycle of IVF. Regardless I was still cancelled the day before retrieval,
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I went to ACRM and Dr. Denis as a second opinion after being told to use egg donation. Before he concurred he gave me one last go at IVF with my own eggs. I got cancelled the day before retrieval. After this transpired he agreed that Egg Donation was the right course of action for me. I got pregnant with twins through egg donation. At the three month mark I graduated to to my OBGYN. At my first appointment with my obgyn it was determined that Baby B had a severe omphalocele. My high-risk doctor performed a selective reduction on Baby B. Two days later Baby A died as a result of the procedure. I had a D and C. Two weeks later I went back to Dr. Denis to discuss the matter and what course of action to take next. I wanted to stop all RE efforts for 6 months while I went holistic to take a different approach. Dr. Denis told me that it would be unethical for him to agree to do that. That is was basically hopeless and that he would not work with me on my new plan. I went to another practice, found someone who would work with me and had twins with my own eggs via IVF 18 months later. In all that happened to me the worst day was the day that Dr. Denis told me there was no hope. I still believe he owes me an apology. I think he has no recollection of me and my case but one day I will introduce him to my children!!!
Don't go.
That practice did not give you one Dr, they all saw you - you rotated through depending on who was in the office that day. Dr. Denis was my main doctor but when other doctors came in they did not always know exactly where I stood in my cycle, progress, situation, condition, etc.
Andre Denis

2020, 4 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I work with Dr. Patel because of a cancer diagnosis. [She] immediately gave me her cell phone number. As I was going through my cancer diagnostic process I was able to reach out to her to make sure nothing I was doing would conflict with what we were doing for the egg retrieval...She always responded thoroughly and quickly and it made me feel like I was a person and not just an item on a to-do list.
The clinic [at ACRM] is easy to find, plenty of parking and very organized. It's easy to get in touch with them and they are on top of it. Some doctor's offices are confusing - hard to schedule appointments, etc. You won't find that here...The nursing staff was available and efficient. They were kind in person and always responded in a timely fashion if I had questions throughout the process.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel was always very personable and compassionate. She knew a lot of information would be coming at me quickly and walked me through every step of what I needed to do. She was honest, hopeful, knowledgeable and very easy to work with..
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
See her as soon as you get your diagnosis. She's ready for you and will take care of you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
I work with Dr. Patel because of a cancer diagnosis. Dr. Patel immediately gave me her cell phone number. As I was going through my cancer diagnostic process I was able to reach out to her to make sure nothing I was doing would conflict with what we were doing for the egg retrieval (ie. is it ok to get an MRI? Would that impact my eggs?). She always responded thoroughly and quickly and it made me feel like I was a person and not just an item on a to-do list.
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I don't remember the name of the drugs, but I did 2-3 injections at home prior to retrieval.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is easy to find, plenty of parking and very organized. It's easy to get in touch with them and they are on top of it. Some doctor's offices are confusing - hard to schedule appointments, etc. You won't find that here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.
I had great insurance so the cost was minimal to me.
Bansari (Bonnie) Patel
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Carpenter, is kind and takes time to explain processes and why she recommends what. They are days that I have asked to consult with her outside my regular appointments and she really makes a effort to honor this. She knows my husband and I’s names when we talk to her we walk away relieved and hopeful
Environment is welcoming and the employees are pleasant and always smiling. ... They are also very sensitive and culturally competent. ... And they really do wor around your availability; sometimes it means going in really early or really late after work but they are always willing to see you. I love this place. The only weakness I see is how far it is from where I live
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
All I can say is she makes the weight of infertility bearable. She’s genuinely concerned about our situation and sometimes reaches out to us at late hours to check in and with recommendations. My husband thinks if she were his prof in school he would have loved school even more; that how gentle and deliberate she is! We absolutely love her !
Be open and tell her your concerns and expectations! You are in safe hands!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Malley )
They are excellent! They respond quickly when o have questions or need clarifying and they are very flexible with time as well.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Clinic is great! Environment is welcoming and the employees are pleasant and always smiling. Appointments don’t take long; you are out before you know it! And they really do wor around your availability; sometimes it means going in really early or really late after work but they are always willing to see you. They are also very sensitive and culturally competent. I love this place. The only weakness I see is how far it is from where I live
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
I think costs were okay when covered by insurance and I only had to pay my copay.
Not applicable
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Calhoun cares deeply, and it shows...Intellectually curious and unafraid to explore interesting questions or unusual ideas...I got straightforward and accurate information, even if it was bad news. Never rushed or distracted; always knew I had her full attention. Very quickly responsive - returned emails within hours...I felt very seen, heard, and understood
[ACRM is] Organized, warm, professional...I loved Dr. Calhoun. I saw Dr. Keenan once (not as warm or personable as Dr. Calhoun), and Dr. Fogle once (delightful)...Callie [a nurse] was wonderful - extremely organized and detail-oriented, quickly responsive, thorough, kind...Approximately $12k for stim and retrieval; transfer around $4k
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I love her. Intellectually curious and unafraid to explore interesting questions or unusual ideas (I had a lot of questions and ideas). Warm, kind, compassionate. Clear and forthright - I got straightforward and accurate information, even if it was bad news. Never rushed or distracted; always knew I had her full attention. Very quickly responsive - returned emails within hours. I wish she could be my regular OB!
Trust her. And bring her all your questions or concerns.
Dr. Calhoun cares deeply, and it shows. At our initial visit, we immediately connected, and I felt that her empathy and individualized care lasted throughout our journey. When I sent articles and had questions, she researched and read the articles I sent, and responded thoughtfully -- I felt very seen, heard, and understood.
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Priming for one month prior with testosterone, progesterone, and estradiol. Protocol included Gonal, Menopur, Omnitrope, Dexamethasone, and dual Lupron and HCG trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Callie)
Callie was wonderful - extremely organized and detail-oriented, quickly responsive, thorough, kind.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Organized, warm, professional, and strong COVID mitigation/sanitary protocols. I loved Dr. Calhoun. I saw Dr. Keenan once (not as warm or personable as Dr. Calhoun), and Dr. Fogle once (delightful).
Approximately $12k for stim and retrieval; transfer around $4k
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Carpenter is wonderful. She's warm, communicative, personable and relatable. She heard my story, we discussed my health history and test results. She explained everything fully and answered every question I had (there were a lot). We came up with a plan for my treatment, we did more testing to address some concerns she had and once all results were in, we discussed and came up with a plan. Said plan is in process.
So far, this clinic [ACRM] has gone above and beyond my expectations. Staff are friendly and kind. They make sure all your needs are met and if something is off, that handle it and find out the answer or fix the problem. I'm a tough critic and I have yet to find an issue. ... My costs will be $8900 to the clinic which includes the dr's fee, anesthesia, the procedure, first year of freezing and the cryo process. The drugs will cost $4500.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Do it! She's fantastic and one of the best in her field!
Dr Carpenter is fantastic. She treats everyone like a human. Upon our first meeting we discussed test results past and present and other health challenges in my history. She listened, understood my fears and addressed them. We came up with a plan and are in process of executing the plan.
No protocols or drugs have been given yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Malley)
Ashley is great. While I've not met her in person yet, she always answers my emails and calls promptly. She gives instructions and information clearly and handles anything and everything I might need.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
So far, this clinic has gone above and beyond my expectations. Staff are friendly and kind. They make sure all your needs are met and if something is off, that handle it and find out the answer or fix the problem. I'm a tough critic and I have yet to find an issue.
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Fogle is very nice, understanding, and to the point about your treatment. My husband and I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Fogle...we have had two IUIs one failed round, and currently waiting on results for our second. Working ahead she has already worked with us to plan our next steps. She offers professional advice while also leaving room for our input.
Nurses [at ACRM] rotate, but My assigned nurse does most of the communication for test results...The nurses are very friendly. The doctors do procedures on a rotation so your main doctor isn’t always the one performing your procedure. However, all of the doctors we have worked with have been great...Sometimes it takes longer then is should for your patient coordinator to get in touch with you. Everyone in the office is very friendly from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
My best friend recommended Dr. Fogle to my husband and I in our quest for a child. When we first met her she was prepared with all of our information and test we had sent over. She was ready with a course of action to follow. She re-reviewed previous test results and found a septum in my uterus which she was able to correct. From there we have had two IUIs one failed round, and currently waiting on results for our second. Working ahead she has already worked with us to plan our next steps. She offers professional advice while also leaving room for our input. She has been great to work with.
Be open to all courses of treatment.
We did 100mg of clomid both rounds and a trigger shot to start ovulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Magen)
Nurses rotate, but My assigned nurse does most of the communication for test results.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Sometimes it takes longer then is should for your patient coordinator to get in touch with you. Everyone in the office is very friendly from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. The nurses are very friendly. The doctors do procedures on a rotation so your main doctor isn’t always the one performing your procedure. However, all of the doctors we have worked with have been great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Treatment is ongoing but so in a ball park of $4,00 to $6,000.
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Calhoun] is good, but is more like a business - was my experience. I also asked about Chinese medicine - and was response was she seemed opposed.... felt like i was rushed through as a number and not a patient....I was told I had too many follicles after 1st appointment and ultrasound - and told I could not do IUI because I would be like "octomom". After meeting with another RE - learned that was not necessarily the case.
Beautiful facility- bit did feel like a number and not a person while working with ACRM. I personally like more of a gentle understanding bedside manner, while battling infertility. I was warned of this before my appointment, but tried them anyway. They have great offices, and docs with great track records, but I did not receive the type of care I was hoping for.... Very nice facility but was given general info that seemed inaccurate after seeing another fertility doc.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She is good, but is more like a business - was my experience. I also asked about Chinese medicine - and was response was she seemed opposed.
felt like i was rushed through as a number and not a patient. had issues with fertility drugs with ob/gyn and was referred to ACRM - Dr Calhoun. Very nice facility but was given general info that seemed inaccurate after seeing another fertility doc.
Decided to go with Chinese medicine after she wanted to put me on Tamoxifan as a treatment (breast cancer treatment medicine), after I already had allergic reaction to Letrozole.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
did not have much experience with them
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
Do not recall. i decided to try chinese medicine after my appointment
Atlanta Perimeter
Robin [Dr. Fogle] explained everything great. I wish she would of been more aggressive or at least given the option. I had 1 Year of infertility before seeing her. 6 months before I got an appointment 3 cycles before we got testing complete and came up with a plan. And then I have 8 combined failed cycles. And then one positive that ended in a live birth in December of 17. I was so tired and emotionally drained but she insister we start with clomid which never worked after 6 cycles and then femara for 3 cycle.
The clinic [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] is in a very busy area. The parking is very extremely limited. If you are hoping to get a spot you have to arrive at least 30 minutes early just to find a spot. But the office is beautiful and somewhat discrete. I believe it is on floor 7 in this building but there were at least 2 other locations if I wanted to attend there I could.... Her nurses were great along with the front desk. I wish I saw her more often but it was her nurse practitioner almost every visit.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Robin explained everything great. I wish she would of been more aggressive or at least given the option. I had 1 Year of infertility before seeing her. 6 months before I got an appointment 3 cycles before we got testing complete and came up with a plan. And then I have 8 combined failed cycles. And then one positive that ended in a live birth in December of 17. I was so tired and emotionally drained but she insister we start with clomid which never worked after 6 cycles and then femara for 3 cycle. Her nurses were great along with the front desk. I wish I saw her more often but it was her nurse practitioner almost every visit.
Know what you want ahead of time and really push for what you want.
There are several hundreds of patient Robins schedule was always packed. She made time during your appointment but she did not have time to linger. Although they have great staff that makes up for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
No complaints the nurses were all amazing
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is in a very busy area. The parking is very extremely limited. If you are hoping to get a spot you have to arrive at least 30 minutes early just to find a spot. But the office is beautiful and somewhat discrete. I believe it is on floor 7 in this building but there were at least 2 other locations if I wanted to attend there I could.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Just had to call a few times with ovulation results. They didn't always call right back and it is very time sensitive.
2013 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Review of
Dr. Toner is very caring. He's very honest and realistic. He's hopeful, but won't give you false hope. He's always been there when I needed to meet with him. Very comfortable to be around. He's always smiling!... He's strengths are his knowledge, his heart, positive, but realistic, wants the best for his patients. No negatives with him. I remember Dr. Toner telling me that it's not a matter if you'll get pregnant but when. That gave me hope.
Great friendly staff [ACRM- Atl Per]. Beautiful offices. Organized. Labs are quick. Always returned calls. Great customer service. They answer your questions and take their time with helping you out. I wish they weren't so expensive.... One cycle of Fresh IVF is $18,000 not including Meds.... They were very informative. If they said they would call back they always would.... Dr. Toner is very caring. He's very honest and realistic. He's hopeful, but won't give you false hope.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He might seem shy at first.
We tried Clomid cycles and Femara cycles. Basic stuff. Then we moved on to IUI. Logical next step. IVF was just the next logical step after IUI. A blocked tube, poor egg quality, endo. Just makes sense. With my recurrent pregnancy losses, it makes sense to do testing on the embryos. He's just very logical in his thinking.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sharon Ball)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Great friendly staff. Beautiful offices. Organized. Labs are quick. Always returned calls. Great customer service. They answer your questions and take their time with helping you out. I wish they weren't so expensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
One cycle of Fresh IVF is $18,000 not including Meds.
I think if I was to be older in my 40's I think he would do two, but he would do normally one.
Jim Toner
2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. hasty was thorough in all of our appointments. She took the time to really explain things. My 2nd IVF cycle was done from another state and she took the extra steps to help me overcome the challenges of that... I have recommended Dr. Hasty to several friends and will continue to do so. She makes you feel like a person and that you are important to her. She has a great bedside manner while sometimes delivering tough news
I have seen almost every doctor at ACRM during my two treatments. They are all wonderful, each with different personalities. I would recommend any of the doctors. Having a bigger clinic means that they have the process down and provide you with a lot of information, including financial, and you have personal contacts assigned to you for questions... The nurses in the operations side (retrieval and transfer) were particularly extraordinary! The were compassionate, understanding and positive.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
You don’t have to understand everything, your cycle may be different than mine/another patient, you have to trust that they are the experts and have your best interest in mind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe Lisa Hasty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
This is hard, because you want more embryos transferred by the time you get to that point because you have been through so much. You have to listen to the doctors and stay off the websites. This is about you and not random internet posters.
Lisa Hasty
Atlanta Perimeter
Our experience was amazing given the situation we were going through. Dr. Calhoun never rushed us and made sure we were 100% on board with every treatment. She took ample time to review each treatment and never left us feeling pressured or confused. She truly is one of a kind.... We tried three rounds of Letrozole before having my husband tested (our decision, not hers). We then moved onto IVF where we now have 14 embryos frozen and I'm pregnant with our first son.
I thought everything about ACRM was wonderful. From the front desk staff to the nurses and doctors, they make you feel comfortable and welcomed. They work around your schedule to make sure you see the doctor you request and I never waited more than 10 minutes for an appointment. They made the retrieval and transfer process enjoyable.... Kim was amazing just like Dr. Calhoun. They are two of the most caring health care providers I think anyone will ever find.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Trust everything she says. She 100% has the patient's best interest in mind.
She went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and understood the process. She is one of the best doctors I've ever been around and I am forever grateful for her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Kim Curry)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
Our insurance covered most of the treatment. I think I paid about $7,500 out of pocket at the end of the process.
Dr. Calhoun strongly advised to only transfer one embryo based on the health of the embryo and my age. I couldn't agree with her decision more.
Atlanta Perimeter
As a 31 year-old career-minded woman, I did not want my age to determine by ability to have children. So I went to see Dr. Fogle to discuss freezing my eggs. She answered all of my many questions articulately and made sure that she had fully understood and answered everything completely...Dr. Fogle is not only a brilliant surgeon, she took the time to really listen to my needs and concerns...She calmed all of my uncertainty with her knowledgeable and thoughtful responses. Through the procedure, I felt how much she cared for me as a patient and a person.
The clinic [ACRM] was convenient, clean and inviting. All of the staff and doctors are of the highest quality....The nursing staff was prompt, kind and caring....ACRM accepts many insurance plans and promptly submitted all of my claims...Dr Fogle was not only extremely knowledgeable and certainly an expert in fertility, she had an extremely caring and warm bedside manner. I appreciated her continued and thoughtful concern for my health and the success of egg retrieval procedure.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is not only a brilliant surgeon, she took the time to really listen to my needs and concerns. As a 31 year-old career-minded woman, I did not want my age to determine by ability to have children. So I went to see Dr. Fogle to discuss freezing my eggs. She answered all of my many questions articulately and made sure that she had fully understood and answered everything completely. She calmed all of my uncertainty with her knowledgeable and thoughtful responses. Through the procedure, I felt how much she cared for me as a patient and a person. The procedure was a huge success and I would highly recommend Dr. Fogle to anyone in need of assistance with fertility.
I am 100% confident that Dr. Fogle was the best doctor for my treatment and would recommend her to any of my friends or family.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
The nursing staff was prompt, kind and caring.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic was convenient, clean and inviting. All of the staff and doctors are of the highest quality.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
ACRM accepts many insurance plans and promptly submitted all of my claims.

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr Calhoun was fantastic!! She was great at explaining everything. During my IVF treatment, I was not responding well to the drugs and luckily Dr. Calhoun made the change midway through so I could finish the protocol.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr Calhoun was fantastic!! She was great at explaining everything. We originally planned to do three IUIs but after monitoring me she decided to recommend we just move on to IVF. I am so glad she did because one last test revealed I had a septum in my uterus that would have prevented me from getting pregnant. During my IVF treatment, I was not responding well to the drugs and luckily she made the change midway through so I could finish the protocol. On transfer day, the embryologist revealed my embryos were grade 3, but, somehow, both implanted! I believe it was Dr. Calhoun's skilled placement in my uterus. One split and the other thankfully never developed. Today, I have two beautiful twin girls and it is all because of Dr Calhoun.
The Johns Creek office is really efficient, I always valued how quickly k was seen.
I loved working with her, she gave me her personal email and telephone number. She also called me personally with my beta test results and was genuinely excited that we succeeded!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sheri Biscotti)
They were always available to answer questions. They were great, I am so thankful they were on my case! The protocol was fantastically detailed. I have seen IVF protocols from other clinics and they don't compare to the level of detail ACRM provides.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Strengths [of ACRM]: wait less than 15 mins to be seen. Staff attitude was pleasant. The facility extremely clean and sterile. Check in via cellphone. Safety was at the top of their list. No weakness I could gather regarding my experience with the practice...Nursing staff was very pleasant and kind. The nurses answered all questions. Also, their response time to question via email was very quick
How was your experience with Stephanie Smeltzer at ACRM?
Dr. Smeltzer was very professional, empathetic, and provided great realistic feedback. She was listened to our concerns and explain the process in a way that was understandable. My experience with Dr. Smeltzer was excellent and I would recommend any other person who is interested in IVF to go to this practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Smeltzer at ACRM?
Every person’s IVF journey is different; avoid comparing your journey with others currently in IVF or who had IVF in the past.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Smeltzer at ACRM?
Stephanie was very professional, honest, empathetic, and realistic about the process. She was a great listener and provided excellent clinical feedback to assist me and my partner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
Nursing staff was very pleasant and kind. The nurses answered all questions. Also, their response time to question via email was very quick.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strengths: wait less than 15 mins to be seen. Staff attitude was pleasant. The facility extremely clean and sterile. Check in via cellphone. Safety was at the top of their list. No weakness I could gather regarding my experience with the practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Smeltzer at ACRM.
The cost for the entire IVF process about what it typically would be for most centers; it can be expensive.
Stephanie Smeltzer