Atlanta Buckhead
Johns Creek, GA 30097
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276

Dr. Carpenter made me feel like I mattered. She went out of her way to make sure I understood what was going on. She emailed me and updated me personally as opposed to her office staff updating me. She called me herself to tell me that the transfer worked and that I was finally pregnant. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Carpenter.... I did IVF and did a freeze all cycle because we genetically tested all embryos. We did an antagonist protocol. We used follistim, menopur, and cetrotide.
Overall the office staff [ACRM- Johns Creek] is professional however they could be a little better at communicating and also having compassion. As the patient you must be your own advocate! The financial advisors could be a little more helpful as well....Dr. Carpenter made me feel like I mattered.... She emailed me and updated me personally as opposed to her office staff updating me. She called me herself to tell me that the transfer worked and that I was finally pregnant. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Carpenter.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Be your own advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Sue Ellen Carpenter used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I did IVF and did a freeze all cycle because we genetically tested all embryos. We did an antagonist protocol. We used follistim, menopur, and cetrotide. Did a trigger shot then had the egg retrieval 36 hours later. About a month later we did a single embryo transfer and used estrace and progesterone to support the pregnancy. The transfer was successful and resulted in a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall the office staff is professional however they could be a little better at communicating and also having compassion. As the patient you must be your own advocate! The financial advisors could be a little more helpful as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.

2007 - 2016, Successful
She [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter] was amazing. She was very knowledgeable & took the time I needed every appointment. She explained everything in great detail & made sure I understood what was happening during every step of the journey...I took many rounds of Clomid & Letrozole to make me ovulate, I had day 3 baseline ultrasounds, then numerous other ultrasounds to see how my ovaries were responding. Then used Estrogen to help with my uterus lining so it would thicken up.
Carla [ACRM nurse] was great. She was very thorough when explaining the plan for my fertility journey from day one to the end of that cycle. She was available to take emails with questions & she responded quickly. She was great...For most of my treatment I had great insurance so there wasn't much cost of me at all. But the most recent insurance company wasn't so good so I paid out of pocket around $4000 total for my embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
She was amazing. She was very knowledgeable & took the time I needed every appointment. She explained everything in great detail & made sure I understood what was happening during every step of the journey.
Be sure to ask a lot of questions.
She took the time to explain everything to me in detail, no matter how many times I asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Carla Fedigan)
Carla was great. She was very thorough when explaining the plan for my fertility journey from day one to the end of that cycle. She was available to take emails with questions & she responded quickly. She was great.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic was great. It was very clean & organized. They were sure to keep your information & situation private.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
Johns Creek
She [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter) believed in multiple [embryo transfer]...She was very kind as was her staff. It made the stress more manageable...I just wish she would have been more successful in my treatment. Retrieval was cancelled. I just felt like like I should have had eggs as that was not my issue. It was frustrating that this happened...don't be afraid to challenge her. She will be receptive.
[The nurses at ACRM are] Very compassionate and friendly. They were great...Very professional environment. No negatives. I felt like they called about me as I walked into the door. They were kind and welcoming. Very knowledgeable staff and clinic. It just didn't work for me...She [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter) believed in multiple [embryo transfer]...She was very kind as was her staff. It made the stress more manageable...I just wish she would have been more successful in my treatment. Retrieval was cancelled. I just felt like like I should have had eggs as that was not my issue. It was frustrating t
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
She was great in them off bedside manner and overall knowledge. I just wish she would have been more successful in my treatment. Retrieval was cancelled. I just felt like like I should have had eggs as that was not my issue. It was frustrating that this happened.
Ask allot of questions and don't be afraid to challenge her. She will be receptive.
She was very kind as was her staff. It made the stress more manageable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
Very compassionate and friendly. They were great.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe Sue Ellen Carpenter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
She believed in multiple
Johns Creek

Dr. Patel and her entire team treated me the absolute best care I could have ever expected. She was always available when I needed her... or even if I was just having anxieties, or sad about something. She was very open and honest about everything and while continuing to have great patient/ bedside manner she never led me on about the statistics or my chances of conceiving... During my consults she was the one who came and got me from the waiting room. Which is so telling of her as a physician. She cares, she gets invested in your success. Dr. Patel always has a smile on her face even when I was breaking down she kept me positive and never gave up on me even when I was giving up on myself. I am going into this as a “solo mom by choice” and never once did I ever feel judged for the path I was taking. She trea
At my egg retrieval [at ACRM] we were able to retrieve 20 mature eggs! 12 of which fertilized and 4 of those made it to the blastocyst stage. After the PGS testing I was left with 2 perfect embryos!...I have anxiety and she [nurse] was such a great communicator and always so accepting of my questions no matter how silly I thought they were. She would reach out to me when She knew I needed a kind word...The costs of going to ACRM we on par with any other clinic when looking at IVF costs.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is an incredible physician and I would recommend her to anyone seeking fertility treatment. During my consults she was the one who came and got me from the waiting room. Which is so telling of her as a physician. She cares, she gets invested in your success. Dr. Patel always has a smile on her face even when I was breaking down she kept me positive and never gave up on me even when I was giving up on myself. I am going into this as a “solo mom by choice” and never once did I ever feel judged for the path I was taking. She treated me with the same care she would with a couple with infertility issues. After my 3 IUI’s Dr. Patel was very honest about the chances of my success with continued IUI’s. I was very scared to move to IVF but she took the time with me to calm my fears and help me understand the whole process. She is truly the greatest physician I’ve ever encountered and I would recommend her to anyone seeking care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s open and accepting of any and all questions. I continually came to my appointments with a notebook I would keep my questions in and she took the time to answer them all in detail with me. She is always available to call or email and understands the fear and questions you WILL have during this process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
My first two IUI’s I was on different dosages of letrozole while helping to create a very large follicle they never created more than one which is what we like to have in IUI’s. On my third IUI she tried a combination of Letrozole and Clomid which worked so much better I was able to develop several follicles while it still was unsuccessful it helped us to see my body really responded to Clomid. When we moved to IVF she was able to add Clomid along with the injectable gonadotropins to help me develop many follicles during my IVF cycle. At my egg retrieval we were able to retrieve 20 mature eggs! 12 of which fertilized and 4 of those made it to the blastocyst stage. After the PGS testing I was left with 2 perfect embryos! Dr. Patel personally does her own transfers which was so very important to me! After my transfer she had me on estrogen tablets and progesterone injections which are typical of IVF transfers but she also added estrogen patches for good measure. When I got the call about my positive pregnancy test Dr. Patel made the call personally which again was so very important to me. She did all of my IVF scans and all of my OB scans. She takes a personal interest in her patients and that means so very much to me as this is such a huge undertaking!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens )
Caitlin was ridiculously good at her job. I have anxiety and she was such a great communicator and always so accepting of my questions no matter how silly I thought they were. She would reach out to me when She knew I needed a kind word. She always had a smile on her face and always took the time to explain any test results that came back. When she had to call and let me know when my pregnancy tests were negative I always knew what she was going to say before she said it. I could hear it in her voice. She cared..: she was invested... so much so she even checked in on me and how my transfer went even after she was on maternity leave. She had the best patient nurse relationship I’ve ever seen in any nurse and I was so impressed with her professionalism.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I went to the Marietta clinic mostly but as I was using donor sperm I was often at the perimeter location as well. Both offices are very clean, very open and light, the staff at both locations are incredible. I would truly leave each location and think you have to be some of the kindest people. The rooms were always so clean and both clinics were beyond prompt with my appointment times. I never had to wait for my appointments in fact quite often I was in a room even before my appointment time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.
The costs of going to ACRM we on par with any other clinic when looking at IVF costs. The costs were always explained upfront and I never showed up to the office and expected one cost and was asked to pay another. They always attempted to run through insurance before my costs were explained. I always had great communication with my IVF finance accounts person and she was very open about costs and due dates.
Describe Bansari (Bonnie) Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
I had my embryos genetically tested to ensure quality and when I asked Dr. Patel about her thoughts on transferring both embryos VS one she explained that when genetically tested embryos transferring more than one embryo doesn’t increase your chances of pregnancy it increases your chances of multiples. While she left the final decision up to me I chose to take her advice and only transfer one embryo.
Marietta

[Dr. David Keenan] was professional and always on time. He was nice and genuine. He wasn’t very talkative but he was honest when I asked questions. He was helpful when I asked questions about the results of the ultrasounds he preformed. He always made the process more relaxing, by not making it feel like a procedure...[eSET approach]My doctor was very open to what I wanted. I was provided important information to make my own decisions.
The [nurse of ACRM] team was great. Answered all my questions and provided helpful tips and miscellaneous information for me. They were supportive and great to work with...The clinics strengths are they have informative staff, they show compassion, and have statistics to back their performance. Weakness is the accounting system is difficult for patients to understand. I’m consistently confused by the itemized receipts and multiple receipts for the same dates
How was your experience with David Keenan at ACRM?
David was professional and always on time. He was nice and genuine. He wasn’t very talkative but he was honest when I asked questions. He was helpful when I asked questions about the results of the ultrasounds he preformed. He always made the process more relaxing, by not making it feel like a procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Keenan at ACRM?
Be proactive about your questions, he will not ask if you have questions so you need to let him know if your curious or in the dark.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Keenan at ACRM?
Dr Keene and dr Patel who worked with him were very personal and kind. They provided good information and great bedside manner from start to finish. We always felt like Human Beings and not a number because Patel not only showed she cared, she let us know her journey with this as well. We had a bad experience previously and decided to give it another chance and what a difference it was between the first time and now.
Describe the protocols David Keenan used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
David and dr Patel together (due to procedures for the coronavirus and limitations) used a standard stims process using Gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, leuprolide, and novarel. My follicles were a successful side but I did suffer from OHSS. Everything I was suppose to do was listed specifically on a protocol sheet and everything was relayed to me in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Branch )
The team was great. Answered all my questions and provided helpful tips and miscellaneous information for me. They were supportive and great to work with.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinics strengths are they have informative staff, they show compassion, and have statistics to back their performance. Weakness is the accounting system is difficult for patients to understand. I’m consistently confused by the itemized receipts and multiple receipts for the same dates. This was our second time at this location. We started back in the beginning of 2018 but eight days after I was laid off work and my husband was laid off a month later. This was difficult for us and at that time the clinic had different staff that was difficult to work with for scheduling appointments. We were very discouraged by the staffs lack of desire to help so we stopped treatment. We decided after some friends feedback that we would try one more time this year. It has been a world of a difference. The staff was helpful, friendly, encouraging, supportive and overall genuine. Through the recent hard time with the pandemic the clinic has continued to keep us informed and did not cancel our treatment for egg retrieval!!!! We are excited about the next steps in our journey when it’s safe to begin treatment again with ACRM!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Keenan at ACRM.
Phase one with genetic testing was about $18,000.00. This does not include pharmacy and additional outside services. ACRM is a little more expensive than other clinics but they have better success rates. The standard fee for phase one for the clinic is $1092.00. The clinic works with ccrm for most of the procedures, however ccrm does not accept insurance so most of the cost was out of pocket.
Describe David Keenan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
David Keenan
Marietta

After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not [Dr. Bansari Patel]...She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not...I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
My first assigned nurse [at ACRM] went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule...Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching...I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not. In fact my care was borderline negligence. I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
Don’t get distracted by her compassion for your situation and promise of success. Ask all the questions you need to and insist on having her direct info as her staff or main office line operators don’t seem to have authority to put you through to your own doctor in any event.
After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not dr. Patel. There seemed to be constant staff vacations or turnover which resulted in being able to speak to an actual human being over the phone impossible.
Estrogen 2 mg beginning day two of cycle. Progesterone two weeks later followed by injectable medications. Clomid for my husband for 8 to 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
My first assigned nurse went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule. It took her being sick and the her sub to get all this done in one day. After that it returned to almost zero communication and me having track her down to get half an answer. Patient care coordinator never answers the phone and is constantly out of office.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic was private, clean and did not allow children out of respect for patients feelings dealing with infertility. Location where procedures were done was clean and state of the art. Technicians and nurses there were pleasant and professional. Location was also very central making it easy to visit no matter where you are coming from. Billing department is a separate representative who sent me a work up of my costs in a massive email document written In technical and clinical terms that was very difficult for a person who is not a doctor to understand. This was also sent just a few days before payment was expected in full.
I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected. Everything was listed in medical and clinical terms that I couldn’t not understand so I had to call the representative to explain them to me which was still confusing as nobody had even fully gone over my protocol with me in a way I could understand. Also this payment was expected in full before I even started my injectable medications. These costs were also outrageously inflated compared to my current clinic and most clinics I researched.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I was basically given a huge packet of paperwork with no real understanding of what most of it meant or what items applied to me. Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching. Several times I would spend the day on the phone bouncing from one answering message to the next. I was never informed of Changes to the nurse staff which led to even more confusion. This was a heartbreaking experience for my husband and I as well as losing a full cycle of time to leave this practice to find a proper one. I also want to point out that this was three times the price of the clinic im with now
Marietta

Dr. Patel is very compassionate. She's always patient and never made us feel rushed. ... One thing we noticed is her challenge with providing detail in email communication/conversation. There were times where she didn't fully communicate what would be happening, and there were some surprises we came up against that we weren't expecting. ... After our initial consult and blood work, I was diagnosed with a severely diminished egg reserve at age 34. 0.3% to be exact. ...
ACRM is good at the following based on my experience: explaining protocols and surgery/procedure prep; follow up after surgery; they're pretty good at explaining financial responsibilities. ACRM could work on: overall communication (after our last retrieval, we were told we had 2 embryos by our doctor, only to get a call an hour later from the embryologist saying we only had 1. The mix up was heartbreaking. We eventually found out that the 2nd egg fertilized but not until the next day)
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is very compassionate. She's always patient and never made us feel rushed. She took the time to answer our questions, and explain next steps and courses of action. One thing we noticed is her challenge with providing detail in email communication/conversation. There were times where she didn't fully communicate what would be happening, and there were some surprises we came up against that we weren't expecting.
Do your research on your condition, if one is identified. Don't be afraid to fight for what you need, you're the best advocate for yourself. If something feels unsure, ASK!
Dr. Patel has a great bedside manner. She's compassionate and careful, but also communicates realistically. At this point, we feel we can trust her.
After our initial consult and blood work, I was diagnosed with a severely diminished egg reserve at age 34. 0.3% to be exact. We were thankful to have found this out early on. From there, Dr. Patel put me on one month of priming with estrogen, and the next month was my egg retrieval. I was put on the highest dose of gonal, menopur + omnitrope. She retrieved 4 eggs, 3 fertilized, and 1 embryo was determined to be genetically normal. We transferred it back the following month, but got a negative pregnancy test. So we immediatly moved into retrieval #2. Since my body didn't respond as well to the highest dose of drugs, my protocol was a lower dose of gonal + omnitrope in addition to clomid + letrazole. 6 eggs were retrieved, 2 fertilized but none made it through the week. She also found that my uteran lining was thinner this go round than last, likely due to chlomid side effects. We took a break from IVF for a month and plan to try again. This time with either little or no chlomid to prevent a thin lining, and we will do a day 3 fresh transfer vs freezing to see if that makes a difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meaghan Kent)
Some of the nursing staff was great, and we felt like they were compassionate and caring. Our main nurse was really hard to get in touch with. She rarely used an out of office email reply which caused confusion and frustration a few times when we needed info quickly. Our care coordinator was pretty responsive, but there were times when we had insurance related questions where she wasn't very helpful.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Cycle #1: $26,899.39 - meds, visits, retrieval, testing + transfer Cycle #2: $23,954.96 - meds, visits, retrieval
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Our main nurse wasn't that great at communication. And there were times we needed info quick, and she didn't have an out of office reply set so we had no idea she was gone. We've had a pretty good experience with Dr. Patel, aside from her vagueness in communicating at times.
Marietta

I came to Dr. Calhoun after 3 unmonitored clomid cycles with my OBGYN. She recommend further testing HSG (came back good), SIS (came back good), SA was good. She suggested IUI with Letrozole. Our first IUI had 3 follicles, but a surprising low SA. It was a fail. She did further testing on my husband, found low testosterone and prescribed him Clomid. Second IUI had 2 follicles and good sperm counts, but was a fail..has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Strength is it’s [ACRM] large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept...My nurse had changed in my time at ACRM. The new nurse, Cailin is nice, but doesn’t seem very organized. I usually have to reach out to her for results, etc, and sometimes feel unclear about the information I get from her. Often another nurse will contact me with results or specific treatment information. My care coordinator, Bernice, is nice, but really only schedules appointments.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She seems involved and caring even when others are providing treatment. I’ve only met her twice. Once at the consult and again when she did my second IUI. However, she still seems very knowledgeable and invested in my case and treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She might be a bit of a ghost doctor, but she’s sweet and wants to get you pregnant
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder, Nurse and Bernice Care Coordinator)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strength is it’s large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
The costs for IUI quoted without insurance was roughly $1,000-$2,000. Whatever lab ACRM has onsite is out of network for both BCBS and Humana. So labs must be sent out or are an added fee
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
This has not been brought up in my treatment
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
My husband had a sample frozen. No one has been able to tell us the results of the sample or whether the sample is actually being stored. We prepaid the storage fee. There has been some mix ups with calling prescriptions for my husband and confusion and lack of communication regarding specialty pharmacies etc.

2019, Consult
Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me...Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating.
She [nurse at ACRM] has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive...Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00...When I made my first appointment, they were suppose to call me back to let me know what I would owe. I wasn't sure what my insurance would cover. I did not hear back from them. Upon arrival I was told it was only a specialist co-pay. You may want to make sure that you figure this out prior to your appointment as that could play a big part in you proceeding with fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is extremely thorough with providing me with the information needed to make a informed decision. She was prompt and to the point when needed, yet had a soft and understanding side as well. I appreciate that it was not pressured to just jump in. She wanted to know that I understood how everything worked.
Just be open and honest with your concerns or questions.
I am a 41yo who has been TTC for 1 year. I have no children. My husband has 3 children. We have been married for 1 month!! I finally met a man who wants to have children and I can't get pregnant... I went into this with little to no knowledge other than the internet, blogs & Instagram. My regular OBGYN's were no help, their only answer was see a fertility doctor. With not having insurance, I wasn't even sure that was a option for us. Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me. I was embarrassed that my husband had to work & could not go with me. Would she think that I was the only one interested in having a child? Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating. I learned things that I did not know, which I was able to share with my husband. She expressed her empathy with my feelings and concerns. I feel like she understood where my heart was coming from. She was honest & discussed the percentages of me getting pregnant on my own. What our options were &where would be the best starting place. We discussed the best financial options for us. She advised me to have a few test done elsewhere to save money. She was not pushy with getting me to sign up or make a commitment that day. She encouraged me to think about the options & talk with my husband. Upon leaving she gave me her card and wrote in her email address in case we had any other questions. We have decided to continue and will definitely be using Dr. Patel. Her staff has also been helpful and very responsive.
I have done 3 cycles of clomid before seeing Dr. Patel, so we made the decision to start with labs to see what is going on with me. She found a few items of concern. So, I am starting thyroid medication, a HSG procedure and my husband is doing a sperm test. We will wait for all of the results and schedule a follow up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens)
She has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
On my first visit, I had a specialist copay. They did labs as well that day, which my insurance covered. Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00. The sperm test was $140.00 I believe.
N/A - We haven't gotten this far.
Marietta

She [Dr. Calhoun] was wonderfully supportive during our miscarriage. She wanted to reach out to us even though it was while she was on vacation. We will pursue future treatments with her because we know she cares and truly wants to help us have a family. ... She is kind and caring, and takes the time to explain things to us. ... She will make the best decisions for you on this journey.
We had appointment times [monitoring], but it was first come at 8am. ... Call backs from your nurse come late in the day, between 2-4p. This is because they [ACRM] see patients throughout the am/mid-day. ... The clinic does one embryo transfer, and after a failed transfer or loss there is the option to transfer two. ... Cailin is my new nurse and I love her! She is attentive and compassionate.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She was wonderfully supportive during our miscarriage. She wanted to reach out to us even though it was while she was on vacation. We will pursue future treatments with her because we know she cares and truly wants to help us have a family.
It is easy for us to let emotion make decisions but trust your doctor. She will make the best decisions for you on this journey.
She is kind and caring, and takes the time to explain things to us.
I’m not sure! I don’t have notes on this, but we will be changing up our protocol for the next time to include growth hormones so my eggs are all around the same maturity age during retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: My new bruise is Cailin and PCC is Bernice )
Cailin is my new nurse and I love her! She is attentive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Call backs from your nurse come late in the day, between 2-4p. This is because they see patients throughout the am/mid-day. But it is hard when you are waiting on answers to your questions. If it is an emergent question, you can call for the on-call nurse.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
We had appointment times, but it was first come at 8am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
We spent around 24k on several IUIs, a retrieval and transfer.
The clinic does one embryo transfer, and after a failed transfer or loss there is the option to transfer two. We understand these policies, and plus we only had one PGS normal embryo to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
When doing our egg retrieval we were supposed to have my uterine test while I was under anesthesia, but it wasn’t scheduled. We had to do this a few months later before a transfer attempt. It was something the previous nurse had on my file to book, but we did not remind them when scheduled. Therefore there wasn’t enough time between patients to perform the test.

Review of
Dr. Toner listens very well. He doesn’t come off as “too good” to talk to you. He makes the somewhat awkward conversations that come with infertility feel effortless not intrusive. If you have questions come prepared with them or email him after and he is quick to respond...He was frank with us when he said that there wasn’t much chance and IVF was a better route for us due to the stage of my endometriosis. We had labs and ultrasounds throughout. Everything looked great but no pregnancy. At least we were prepared for that, though, since he had been very up front about what he thought our chances were.
The practice [ACRM] does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially...they take insurance...was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind...The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jim Toner at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions he will thoroughly answer them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jim Toner at ACRM?
ACRM was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind. Dr. Toner took the time to listen to what I was saying and really answer our questions. He was also prompt about following up with emails when I had additional questions after appointments. I felt he genuinely cared about my input and like it was a team effort to grow our family and my husband and I have both felt very comfortable at all times.
Describe the protocols Jim Toner used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We did a cycle of Femara. We decided against IUI for the cycle hoping everything would happen on its own. He was frank with us when he said that there wasn’t much chance and IVF was a better route for us due to the stage of my endometriosis. We had labs and ultrasounds throughout. Everything looked great but no pregnancy. At least we were prepared for that, though, since he had been very up front about what he thought our chances were. He was also very positive about moving forward with further treatment and caring. When we found we could get IVF for lower cost elsewhere he also agreed to do our monitoring so it could be made more affordable for us. Highly recommend him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
All of the staff have been great. The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Yes, they take insurance. Yes, they do a money back program. Everybody here is really nice. The office is very comfortable. There is a parking lot. The office is not difficult to find. Getting an appointment isn’t difficult. Everybody here is very kind so don’t worry!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
My insurance paid for some things. My femara cycle I had to pay for bloodwork and part of my meds and it was about $1,000 after insurance.
Describe Jim Toner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
The practice does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially. He only does multiple transfers after several failed cycles or after a certain maternal age. I think this makes good sense medically since it lowers risk of complications for mom and baby and since the risk for identical twins is still higher even with that eSET.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Calhoun] was/is always attentive, let’s you speak, and she always takes notes.... Another thing I really like is she’s always prepared, she knows your history and remembers it. She’s looking at you when speaking, not at her computer. She also takes the time to draw things out so you can visually see the treatment, not just words on paper.... All four of my IUIs had a Letrozole leadin, my body responded well to the drug with little to no side effects.
All of the locations [ACRM] are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule.... They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of).... They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked.... My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
The day I met her I immediately felt connected. She’s very kind, funny and yet a straight shooter. Those are qualities I must have in a Dr of this nature. Another thing I really like is she’s always prepared, she knows your history and remembers it. She’s looking at you when speaking, not at her computer. She also takes the time to draw things out so you can visually see the treatment, not just words on paper. She’s very positive and empathetic and you feel like you have a friend in what can be a very dark scary journey. I haven’t had success yet, but I will stick with her because of who she is and how she treats you. She sees you as a human being going through a tough time and she’s willing to help any way she can. I also need to mention she isn’t in any way pushy, she lets you go at your own pace and make your own choices.
To trust her. Infertility is scary and hard. It’s difficult to understand but with. Dr like her, you can trust her advice and methods.
I felt like a human with her because I never felt gushed when speaking to her. She was/is always attentive, let’s you speak, and she always takes notes. I feel like with her my thoughts, concerns etc are important and in turn she takes the time to clearly explain and respond to all of them. She makes the effort to ensure you understand what’s happening and next steps so that you aren’t scared.
All four of my IUIs had a Letrozole leadin, my body responded well to the drug with little to no side effects. Also two trigger shots only be my follicles we’re ready yet I hadn’t gotten a positive surge on my OPK. Then post IUI we did progesterone suppositories b/c my bloodwork showed lower progesterone. I have also had two uterine reservations due to a septum. First being before my first IUI then again before the 4th IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Kent)
My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic. Very much like Dr. Calhoun, you could ask her anything and she never made you feel like it was a dumb question or if it was repetative, she did not seem bothered. For me this was a big deal b/c as you go through all the tests, instructions, etc it can get very confusing and you are so full of hope, you want to ensure your are doing everything right to ensure your biggest dreams will come true. Megan was always direct and explained things very well and was also good with giving tips too. With my clinic sending questions, etc via email was the way to go b/c I liked to have things documented to refer back to and also b/c if you called the nurse, it would always go to voicemail and they would call you back later in the day. I did not care for the voicemail but I did understand the reason behind it.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has 4 locations within the Atlanta area and I have been to three of them due to my cycle sometimes causing the IUI to take place on a weekend or holiday. To me this is a HUGE plus to have many locations all easily accessible. Reduces the stress big time! All of the locations are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule. They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of). They offer water and have bowls of candy out. It is a very different enviroment than any other Dr office. You feel more at home and relaxed b/c it is not sterile and the decor isn't from 1975. They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked. They provide ample handouts on your treatment so you know what is happening when and how. They take the time to ensure you know exactly what is happening and why as well. I can honestly say I don't know of any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
In total for 4 IUIs, we've spent close to 9K. Breakdown estimates below after insurance which covered diagnostics only: Baseline - $200 Midcycle - $350 Insemination - $500 Sperm Analysis - $140 Blood work (various) - $100 each, has several per IUI Trigger Shots - $100 Hysteroscopy surgery (2) - $1500 each
Marietta

Dr. Denis made my husband and I feel calm and reassured. He took his time with us and made us feel very comfortable and "normal" through the process. Infertility is a very alienating experience and Dr. Denis spoke with hopefulness that we would conceive a child successfully.... My husband is an AML- Leukemia survivor. He had blood drawn for genetics testing. If you receive bone marrow you cannot receive accurate genetics testing results. This was an oversite by ACRM. However, the genetics testing agency, Counsyl, caught the error and notified ACRM. The blood sample genetics testing was cancelled by Counsyl before payment was required, thankfully.
When you first meet with the clinic [ACRM], you are assigned a doctor, nurse, and patient care coordinator. At first, it is confusing as to whom you should speak to about particular questions. The patient care coordinator sets appointments and the nurse answers all medical questions. I felt there was a lot of confusion with the patient care coordinator and that role coordinating with the nurse.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
I would tell the prospective patient to be forthcoming about all their medical history so Dr. Denis can rule out any unknowns during the treatment process. Also to be relaxed because Dr. Denis is very down-to-earth.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr. Denis was so kind upon first meeting. He made me and my husband feel comfortable and did not pressure us to pursue any option that we were not comfortable with. He laid out the options for us and spent as much time as we needed answering questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi)
Tulsi has been very helpful in this process. She has provided me with all the information I have requested in a timely manner. She is very sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
When you first meet with the clinic, you are assigned a doctor, nurse, and patient care coordinator. At first, it is confusing as to whom you should speak to about particular questions. The patient care coordinator sets appointments and the nurse answers all medical questions. I felt there was a lot of confusion with the patient care coordinator and that role coordinating with the nurse. I am not far into the process so I am still figuring everything out. Since my last appointment, communication is running much more smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
The meds range from 6-8k, anesthesia $500, 25k for embryo testing and transfer
Andre Denis
Marietta

She [Dr. Kathryn Calhoun] is great, you can have a conversation with her and get all your concerns addressed. I felt relaxed visiting her and never felt talked down to or anything. It was one of my best experiences with a doctor.... She listened to us and also went into detail about what we were going to do. She answered all our questions and talked to us like humans and equals never talked down to us.
I love that the clinic [ACRM-Marietta] has a no children policy. It made it so much easier knowing I wasn't going to be forced to have someone flaunt their child in front of us when we were trying our hardest for our first child. Overall everyone is nice... Kim [a nurse] was probably the weak link. Like when we were waiting on results for blood work for a positive or negative I was told she would call us. Instead, she emailed and we waited for hours waiting for a call. She was a bit short in her replies and wasn't always clear about when we would get our results which increased our anxiety about the process. I only actually saw her twice during the months we went to the clinic.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I absolutely loved having her as our doctor. She gave me recommendations for local OBGYNs and she was wonderful. She was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I wish we could have afforded to try IVF with her
She is great, you can have a conversation with her and get all your concerns addressed. I felt relaxed visiting her and never felt talked down to or anything. It was one of my best experiences with a doctor.
For the IUI we did Clomid and insemination. They did blood tests to test what would be my ideal time to inseminate and the nurses gave my trigger shots when needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Kim Curry)
Kim was probably the weak link. Like when we were waiting on results for blood work for a positive or negative I was told she would call us. Instead, she emailed and we waited for hours waiting for a call. She was a bit short in her replies and wasn't always clear about when we would get our results which increased our anxiety about the process. I only actually saw her twice during the months we went to the clinic.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I love that the clinic has a no children policy. It made it so much easier knowing I wasn't going to be forced to have someone flaunt their child in front of us when we were trying our hardest for our first child. Overall everyone is nice
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
2017 IUI First Visit $545 (Blood Test/Ultrasound) Medication $32.29 (Clomid) Mid Cycle visit $358.20 Trigger shot $135.85 Needles for shot .80 Giving shot $34 Insemination $470.00 Ultrasound $208.80 Bloodwork $3
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
It was mostly with our Primary Nurse, instead of calling with the results of our pregnancy test blood work like she said she would at a certain time she emailed them and we didn't know the result for hours because we waited for the call instead of checking emails

Review of
Dr toner was amazing. He took my emails anytime, always responded with thorough and detailed answers, even when I was really delving into Google research and had a million questions. He never acted annoyed, though I'm sure I was very annoying, heh. He always listened to what I wanted, gave his advice, thoroughly explaining why he recommended it, but always took my wishes and direction into consideration in planning my cycles. Best of all, he always told me it would happen, it was just a matter of time, and never let me lose all hope.
My nurse [at ACRM] was amazing. She always responded to my emails within like 30 mins during business hours, and as soon as she got in. She was so compassionate, even when I cried, and I cried a lot over those 2 years. She always was on top of everything I needed. She made it all easy. She was excellent.... I had diminished ovarian reserve and was a low responder to stimulation medication, so I actually did two "mini ivf" retreival cycles.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
Dr Toner is not going to give you false hope. If he thinks you have a strong possibility of a good outcome, believe him. Sometimes it just takes longer than we want to accept. It's worth it in the end! Don't be afraid to ask questions, and ask to change your treatment if you feel strongly about it, Dr Toner will work with you. He won't let you stray too far or do anything that could be harmful. He knows what he is doing! But sometimes it's ok to ask to move on to the next course of treatment sooner than later.
Dr toner was great. He took my emails anytime, always responded with thorough and detailed answers, even when I was really delving into Google research and had a million questions. He never acted annoyed, though I'm sure I was very annoying, heh. He always listened to what I wanted, gave his advice, thoroughly explaining why he recommended it, but always took my wishes and direction into consideration in planning my cycles. Best of all, he always told me it would happen, it was just a matter of time, and never let me lose all hope. I also loved Dr Calhoun and a few of the other Drs. This is a great practice.
I had diminished ovarian reserve and was a low responder to stimulation medication, so I actually did two "mini ivf" retreival cycles. I was on a lowish dose of letrazole days 2-7(I think 5mg? It's hard to remember back in 2015-2016), then a low dose of follistim days 4-until my eggs were big enough. I did not use Lupton or anything to suppress ovulation because I was never ovulating on my own anyway, so they just monitored my estrogen and lh daily until i was ready to trigger. My second retrieval round actually began as a break round-return to an IUI after I had had two miscarriages in a row from a fresh transfer and a frozen transfer, but my ovaries responded so well to the medications that time that we had to switch to an egg retrieval. Normally I had no more than 1-4 follicles developing in any given cycle, but that one I somehow suddenly had 13! That is the retrieval that contained my son. I had an insane pregnancy with him splitting into a twin then the twin dying and the sac becoming a subchorionic hemorrhage that stayed with me until my water broke at 29 weeks, the other transferred embryo becoming ectopic and exploding my fallopian tube, hidden behind my hyperstimulated ovary, for which I had emergency surgery to discover this and remove my right ovary, all while I was pregnant with my son. But it was worth it in the end!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan....Kennedy? I can't remeber her last name but I can look in my emails.)
My nurse was amazing. She always responded to my emails within like 30 mins during business hours, and as soon as she got in. She was so compassionate, even when I cried, and I cried a lot over those 2 years. She always was on top of everything I needed. She made it all easy. She was excellent.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The only problems were occasional wait times and billing issues, but the Marietta office was great. Just stay on top of your bills, check them all for accuracy, mistakes happen. Also, some of the Drs are not as compassionate. I did not like Dr Fogle. She sent me home with no pain meds telling me I was just gonna have to tough ohs out, when I told her I felt like I was dying, and I turned out to have a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Dr Calhoun was amazing, though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
I paid about $11,000 total per egg retrieval, since my insurance covered some things like bloodwork, not including medications. Medications per retrieval were purchased offsite, and for me were about $1100, because of the mini IVF cycle. Dr toner always helped discount procedures for me. I was able to take out the costs for any specific procedures I didn't need, not just charged the global ivf cycle price. I went through each cost list with a fine toothed comb and they worked with me. My frozen transfer cycle was about $4000, plus medication. IUI cycles were covered by my insurance, but cost me about $200/ month.
Acrm is a big advocate for only transferring one embryo at a time. I followed their advice the first two transfers, especially since I only had two good embryos from my first retrieval, but the 3rd I really wanted to up my odds of a good embryo, so I insisted on transferring 2. I paid for that by getting pregnant with my son AND having an ectopic pregnancy at the same time, for which they had to do emergency surgery to remove my right fallopian tube when I was 8 weeks pregnant with my son. It all turned out ok in the end, though!
2015, Unsuccessful
Review of
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office [ACRM] was always busy and it didn't seem that he took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed...He [Dr. Jim Toner] was direct and to the point, and explained things fairly well. He was willing to answer all of my questions, but was always rushed. I felt that I was in good hands though. I think if there were better emotional support from him I would feel better. However, I would rather have a competent physician that wasnt overly friendly vs a super friendly physician who may not know exactly what they were talking about or what needed to be done.
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office [ACRM] was always busy and it didn't seem that he [Dr. Jim Toner] took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed...Janelle was amazing. She was always great with bloodwork and coordinating prescriptions for the doctor if needed. My nurse (I forgot her name!) Was great as well. The back office staff is always sweet and we're great to talk about any issues I was dealing with.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
He was direct and to the point, and explained things fairly well. He was willing to answer all of my questions, but was always rushed. I felt that I was in good hands though. I think if there were better emotional support from him I would feel better. However, I would rather have a competent physician that wasnt overly friendly vs a super friendly physician who may not know exactly what they were talking about or what needed to be done.
Be prepared to feel a bit like a number. I've heard so many good things about the office, so even though we didn't have success yet doesn't mean that they won't.
For the most part I felt like a human, however the office was always busy and it didn't seem that he took the time to look in my chart before seeing me. I took 3 months off in between iui 4 and iui 5 and no one noticed.
We started with bloodwork, naturally. My husband was diagnosed with low testosterone, and even though his sperm count was still in the normal range, it was on the low side. He was prescribed clomid to help with his testosterone, which in turn boosted his sperm count over the next few months. As far as I'm concerned, my bloodwork came back all within a normal range. I was then sent for a hsg, which showed that my tubes were clear. Dr. Toner then met with us to discuss a game plan. Dr. Toner thought that we just had a bit of 'bad luck' over the previous 18 months and want us to give iui a try. Every month, my husbands sperm count rose but I did not/ have not fallen pregnant as of yet. Going on 3 years of trying!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Janelle (phlebotomist))
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I've been to 2 of the locations. The offices themselves are very nice, but the front office is fairly flaccid at both locations. No greeting or 'how are you?'. They also don't run your insurance before hand if your insurance changes- one of the reasons we stopped having the iui's performed was because my insurance changed. They didn't run it the first 2 visits after and made me pay out of pocket, which was almost $1000. Then i found out my insurance covered nothing, so we stopped the iui midcycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Baseline ultrasound and bloodwork- approx. $500 Midcycle ultrasound and bloodwork- approx. $500 Hsg- approx $400 Iui- approx $300
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
We had a few issues getting a refill on my medication and my husbands- I took a few emails and phone calls to sort it out.
Review of

We felt very comfortable with [Dr. Calhoun] as our doctor. It’s an emotional process and she always acknowledges when I cry and has Kleenex ready. She draws out diagrams to demonstrate each process and the steps they are going to take. She’s always been willing to work with our work schedules for treatments. Just a very pleasant and understanding person whom I feel I can ask lots of questions.
Tulsi [nurse at ACRM] has been really great in the process prior to starting treatment. I’ve called and emailed multiple times to have her review procedures and timing of appointments, how to talk to my boss about the process, etc...iUi cycle is around $1,700 with blood work and unltrasounds...Very welcoming, friendly staff. They try to make you comfortable every step of the way-they don’t allow children in the office to ensure sensitivity to patients. They always offer bottled water or a beverage, privacy
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
We felt very comfortable with Kathryn as our doctor. It’s an emotional process and she always acknowledges when I cry and has Kleenex ready. She draws out diagrams to demonstrate each process and the steps they are going to take. She’s always been willing to work with our work schedules for treatments. Just a very pleasant and understanding person whom I feel I can ask lots of questions.
Just trust their process-it’s scary and emotional but you’re in great hands.
I’m currently taking Clomid 100mg due to the fact that my previous doctor had me on 50mg for 3 cycles without success. We’re in the middle of our first IUI cycle so don’t have many other details yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi )
Tulsi has been really great in the process prior to starting treatment. I’ve called and emailed multiple times to have her review procedures and timing of appointments, how to talk to my boss about the process, etc.
iUi cycle is around $1,700 with blood work and unltrasounds
Marietta
Dr Calhoun was kind, sincere and caring through the whole process. I would recommend her to anyone. We struggled with the process but she remained optimistic yet truthful. We will be forever grateful for her intelligence and compassion.... She cared about our ongoing situation.... We started with IUI, but after 2 miscarriages she suggested we shift to PGS with IVF. Although it was very expensive she explained it would increase our chances. Which it did!!
The nurses [ACRM] were helpful yet at times seemed very busy and were hard to get a hold of. Overall they were good at their jobs.... Be sure to know the contact names and numbers. It can be hard to get a hold of someone.... Their services are expensive but you get what you pay for.... Very expensive and paid out of pocket. Around $15k for IVF and $1200 for IUI.... be aware you won't always see your primary doctor and will have to travel to Atlanta for weekend appointments.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Ask questions and be prepared for a difficult road.
She cared about our ongoing situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
The nurses were helpful yet at times seemed very busy and were hard to get a hold of. Overall they were good at their jobs.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Be sure to know the contact names and numbers. It can be hard to get a hold of someone. Their services are expensive but you get what you pay for. The doctors are the best in the business. And be aware you won't always see your primary doctor and will have to travel to Atlanta for weekend appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
Very expensive and paid out of pocket. Around $15k for IVF and $1200 for IUI.
Dr Calhoun was adamant we transfer one embryo. After hearing her opinions we agreed.

15k for IVF and 4 k for meds