1800 Howell Mill Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Denis was always very kind, reasonable, calm and no rush to end the appoinment. He always answered all our questions e guided us (always respecting our feelings) to the best way for us...The antagonist protocol with lupron was the best for me and Dr Denis analysed carefully my records and previous IVF cycles to proceed with the best protocoal and response my body gave during stimulations...
[at ACRM] Sometimes waiting time was a little bit long even having the appointment scheduled. On the 1st IVF cylce at ACRM some nurses weren´t very gentle drawing blood and after a complaint things changed. Everyone was always very friendly and kind...About $25k with medication. About $45k with donor egg from outside bank....
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr Denis always presented himself calm, experient, reasonable, empathic and trustworthy................................................................................................................................................................................................
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
Be patience and trust that the in the right time pregnancy will happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
About $25k with medication. About $45k with donor egg from outside bank.

2021, Successful
I felt very safe and comfortable having Dr. Patel as my doctor...she had a welcoming attitude that made it easy for me to interact with her...A few days before my estimated egg retrieval date, bloodwork showed I was already at high risk of getting OHSS, so she made me stop taking the stimulation shots, skip Novarel and ask me to take my Luprolide trigger shot. About 48 hours later, I was sedated while the clinic retrieved my eggs. I had to take Cabergoline to help with the OHSS. I had a freeze-all cycle and sent our embryos for genetic testing.
The clinic [ACRM] had a financial coordinator that would explain all the expenses in detail. They also provided a breakdown of the costs for each phase of the cycle. I had no problems understanding the costs associated with the procedure. The overall price seemed to me a little lower than I expected it to be (based on my research), which is good. But do note that the cost breakdown does not include medications and lab testing not directly associated with IVF
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
I felt very safe and comfortable having Dr. Patel as my doctor. She definitely knew what she was doing, and she had a welcoming attitude that made it easy for me to interact with her. She answered all of my questions no matter how silly I felt asking them. She explained everything very thoroughly to me. Sometimes she would add a "pop-quiz style" question in there, which catches me off guard but I understand why she does it - to make sure that I understand what she is explaining to me. The wait times when I come to see her are very reasonable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Don't hesitate to ask any questions that's in your mind, no matter how silly or stupid you think your questions are!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel has a very warm and friendly demeanor. She is very conversational in our interactions with her, which we appreciate because it makes asking questions easier and understanding the process easier.
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
For the egg retrieval phase, I used Gonal-F, menopur and cetrotide. A few days before my estimated egg retrieval date, bloodwork showed I was already at high risk of getting OHSS, so she made me stop taking the stimulation shots, skip Novarel and ask me to take my Luprolide trigger shot. About 48 hours later, I was sedated while the clinic retrieved my eggs. I had to take Cabergoline to help with the OHSS. I had a freeze-all cycle and sent our embryos for genetic testing. Meanwhile, I was asked to take birth control pills. Prior to embryo transfer, I started taking estrace (tablet) and progesterone (injection). After I got a positive pregnancy test, Dr. Patel asked me continue taking both until week 10 of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Patel had her own care and scheduling team.)
Dr. Patel's care and scheduling teams are awesome. They communicate timely and very well. When they send out emails, they also give me a call right away to make sure I received the email and to see if anything was unclear to me. All of the information they send over are very detailed that I normally do not have any follow up questions. All instructions provided are very clear. And if I had any concerns or questions, they were so kind enough to answer even though I sounded like such a worry wart.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall, I have no concerns about the clinics. The clinics followed very good COVID-19 safety protocols, which I appreciate. The staff in the clinics are all friendly. Their perimeter location is probably the most busy - the wait time in the lobby sometimes is long. Unfortunately, I think that is also the location that has the most complete equipment so you will probably get an appointment there at some point. Be sure to review/confirm ahead of time what your insurance covers. I learned only as I was about to begin my IVF procedure that CCRM (the lab portion of ACRM) is considered out-of-network by my insurance. Fortunately, I was provided a CCRM discount but it is still not as good as getting complete coverage. Sometimes, it is also hard to get prompt response when it comes to requesting for a copy of paperwork.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.
The clinic had a financial coordinator that would explain all the expenses in detail. They also provided a breakdown of the costs for each phase of the cycle. I had no problems understanding the costs associated with the procedure. The overall price seemed to me a little lower than I expected it to be (based on my research), which is good. But do note that the cost breakdown does not include medications and lab testing not directly associated with IVF, e.g. pregnancy test.
Describe Bansari (Bonnie) Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Patel's approach for me was to transfer a single embryo. I had no concerns or issues with that. I understand that it was overall safer to transfer a single embryo.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Patel was always so caring and supportive and would take the extra time to talk to me, never feeling rushed in any way...Loving, supporting and caring for her patients. Easy to talk to and communicate with...She explained all the risks involved in multiples. I still wanted to transfer 2, and she supported me on my decision...
I think that the only weakness during my time there [ACRM] was that the front desk was a bit hard to reach, but once I was assigned to a careteam I didn’t have to worry about that, they responded to email very fast and would call me back in a timely manner...If I ever had any concerns or issues they [nurses] would respond immediately and always had who to talk to...
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr Patel is the sweetest doctor I have met! Loving, supporting and caring for her patients. Easy to talk to and communicate with. She made my experience better than I thought. I would highly recommend her without a doubt.
Nothing really, everything was great.
I was unexplained infertility, and all my results were prefect, so in that case we decided to do IUI cycles first. Those didn’t work and then we moved on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
Melissa and the whole careteam were incredible, being so caring and supportive throughout my journey. They were always on time and never had me waiting for long, especially as this is during Covid times. If I ever had any concerns or issues they would respond immediately and always had who to talk to. They made this experience better than I expected.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I think that the only weakness during my time there was that the front desk was a bit hard to reach, but once I was assigned to a careteam I didn’t have to worry about that, they responded to email very fast and would call me back in a timely manner.
My doctor let me know that there’s no need for me to transfer more than one as my chances were high. She explained all the risks involved in multiples. I still wanted to transfer 2, and she supported me on my decision.
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Patel and her entire team treated me the absolute best care I could have ever expected. She was always available when I needed her... or even if I was just having anxieties, or sad about something. She was very open and honest about everything and while continuing to have great patient/ bedside manner she never led me on about the statistics or my chances of conceiving... During my consults she was the one who came and got me from the waiting room. Which is so telling of her as a physician. She cares, she gets invested in your success. Dr. Patel always has a smile on her face even when I was breaking down she kept me positive and never gave up on me even when I was giving up on myself. I am going into this as a “solo mom by choice” and never once did I ever feel judged for the path I was taking. She trea
At my egg retrieval [at ACRM] we were able to retrieve 20 mature eggs! 12 of which fertilized and 4 of those made it to the blastocyst stage. After the PGS testing I was left with 2 perfect embryos!...I have anxiety and she [nurse] was such a great communicator and always so accepting of my questions no matter how silly I thought they were. She would reach out to me when She knew I needed a kind word...The costs of going to ACRM we on par with any other clinic when looking at IVF costs.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is an incredible physician and I would recommend her to anyone seeking fertility treatment. During my consults she was the one who came and got me from the waiting room. Which is so telling of her as a physician. She cares, she gets invested in your success. Dr. Patel always has a smile on her face even when I was breaking down she kept me positive and never gave up on me even when I was giving up on myself. I am going into this as a “solo mom by choice” and never once did I ever feel judged for the path I was taking. She treated me with the same care she would with a couple with infertility issues. After my 3 IUI’s Dr. Patel was very honest about the chances of my success with continued IUI’s. I was very scared to move to IVF but she took the time with me to calm my fears and help me understand the whole process. She is truly the greatest physician I’ve ever encountered and I would recommend her to anyone seeking care.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s open and accepting of any and all questions. I continually came to my appointments with a notebook I would keep my questions in and she took the time to answer them all in detail with me. She is always available to call or email and understands the fear and questions you WILL have during this process.
My first two IUI’s I was on different dosages of letrozole while helping to create a very large follicle they never created more than one which is what we like to have in IUI’s. On my third IUI she tried a combination of Letrozole and Clomid which worked so much better I was able to develop several follicles while it still was unsuccessful it helped us to see my body really responded to Clomid. When we moved to IVF she was able to add Clomid along with the injectable gonadotropins to help me develop many follicles during my IVF cycle. At my egg retrieval we were able to retrieve 20 mature eggs! 12 of which fertilized and 4 of those made it to the blastocyst stage. After the PGS testing I was left with 2 perfect embryos! Dr. Patel personally does her own transfers which was so very important to me! After my transfer she had me on estrogen tablets and progesterone injections which are typical of IVF transfers but she also added estrogen patches for good measure. When I got the call about my positive pregnancy test Dr. Patel made the call personally which again was so very important to me. She did all of my IVF scans and all of my OB scans. She takes a personal interest in her patients and that means so very much to me as this is such a huge undertaking!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens )
Caitlin was ridiculously good at her job. I have anxiety and she was such a great communicator and always so accepting of my questions no matter how silly I thought they were. She would reach out to me when She knew I needed a kind word. She always had a smile on her face and always took the time to explain any test results that came back. When she had to call and let me know when my pregnancy tests were negative I always knew what she was going to say before she said it. I could hear it in her voice. She cared..: she was invested... so much so she even checked in on me and how my transfer went even after she was on maternity leave. She had the best patient nurse relationship I’ve ever seen in any nurse and I was so impressed with her professionalism.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I went to the Marietta clinic mostly but as I was using donor sperm I was often at the perimeter location as well. Both offices are very clean, very open and light, the staff at both locations are incredible. I would truly leave each location and think you have to be some of the kindest people. The rooms were always so clean and both clinics were beyond prompt with my appointment times. I never had to wait for my appointments in fact quite often I was in a room even before my appointment time.
The costs of going to ACRM we on par with any other clinic when looking at IVF costs. The costs were always explained upfront and I never showed up to the office and expected one cost and was asked to pay another. They always attempted to run through insurance before my costs were explained. I always had great communication with my IVF finance accounts person and she was very open about costs and due dates.
I had my embryos genetically tested to ensure quality and when I asked Dr. Patel about her thoughts on transferring both embryos VS one she explained that when genetically tested embryos transferring more than one embryo doesn’t increase your chances of pregnancy it increases your chances of multiples. While she left the final decision up to me I chose to take her advice and only transfer one embryo.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Robin Fogle] always keeps up with the latest research, and she is also an incredible teacher. She explains things to us thoroughly, but in a way that is easy to understand. She never goes with a one size fits all approach to treatment. Our embryo transfer failed, and even though it was just our first one, she didn't want to go into another one doing the same protocol. She adjusts to take into account what is best for me and for the best chance at success on the next one
The monitoring appointments [at ACRM] are all the morning. My patient care coordinator worked with my schedule as much as possible and usually got me in for my requested appointment times...Each nurse that has taken care of us has been so caring, compassionate, kind and take incredible care of us...~$4000 for the TESE for my husband ~$14000+meds for the stimulation and retrieval $4400+meds for FET
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is incredibly smart and is one of the best repro endos in Atlanta, in my opinion. She always keeps up with the latest research, and she is also an incredible teacher. She explains things to us thoroughly, but in a way that is easy to understand. She never goes with a one size fits all approach to treatment. Our embryo transfer failed, and even though it was just our first one, she didn't want to go into another one doing the same protocol. She adjusts to take into account what is best for me and for the best chance at success on the next one. We are waiting until after Covid-19 to do another transfer, but she has been so helpful in suggesting things we can do while we wait.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Ask your questions and make the most of your consults with her! You won't see her every time you go in for monitoring appointments, so make the most of your time when you do. She will take great care of you, and even if you don't see her for an ultrasound, she is always monitoring your treatment and deciding the next steps.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
I have always felt like Dr. Fogle really cares about our success. She has celebrated every triumph with us and every low point. When our first FET failed, she was so empathetic, and called us herself on a weekend to give us the news. She will spend as much time as we need during consults answering our questions. We never feel rushed with her.
Describe the protocols Robin Fogle used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
During stimulation, I was on combined menopur and gonal-f, and then added the cetrotide to prevent ovulation. I did a dual trigger with HCG (novarel) and lupron. I was also put on a medication to prevent OHSS, which helped. Dr. Fogle monitored me closely during stimulation, and I feel she did a good job balancing getting a good number of eggs and preventing OHSS. For my FET, I had a protocol with estrace and progesterone in oil. My body acted as it should with this protocol and I was ready for the transfer on the scheduled date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Demaline)
Overall, the nursing staff is fairly responsive and provides good care. Michelle is my main nurse, and she is always willing to answer my seemingly endless questions, no matter how ridiculous they are. And she is kind, compassionate and patient. Email is the best way to reach her. You will get emails to reach everyone on your care team - the doctor, the nurse, the patient care coordinator and a general email address for the doctor's entire team.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM runs like a well-oiled machine. It is fairly easy to get an appointment, even as a new patient. Their Perimeter office is beautiful and clean. Some of the nurses that draw blood and are with the doctor's in the ultrasound room are not the most friendly. It just depends on who you get. The nurses working in the OR are incredible! We have been in the OR three time - for my husband's TESE, my egg retrieval and our first FET. Each nurse that has taken care of us has been so caring, compassionate, kind and take incredible care of us. Jen, Sarah and the third nurse (whose name I wish I could remember) are the best!!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
The monitoring appointments are all the morning. My patient care coordinator worked with my schedule as much as possible and usually got me in for my requested appointment times. She also got me with Dr. Fogle whenever possible. Sometimes I did have to wait in the waiting room, depending on how busy they were that day with monitoring appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Describe Robin Fogle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Fogle has a very strong preference for single embryo transfer, which we agree with, so it is not a problem for us. We have so few euploid embryos, we are going to transfer them one at a time.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
we only saw our doctor [Dr. Andre Denis] at the beginning of the cycle and the end of the cycle - he was never involved in the day-to-day...We found out pertinent statistics to our cycles AFTER critical decision points. For example, we were not verbally informed of the survival rates of embryos from the thaw...until after we didn't have one of our two embryos survive the thaw on transfer day. For me personally, I like to know more information rather than less so I can manage my expectations. 2) We had three failed cycles and each time we found out from someone we didn't know. Dr. Denis said this is normal for doctors not to be the ones to share the news and got defensive when we brought it up. I am not s
While everyone was nice, the communication between different people playing a role in your cycle [at ACRM] was annoying at best and catastrophic at worst. This is important because we only saw our doctor at the beginning of the cycle and the end of the cycle - he was never involved in the day-to-day. Here are some of the smaller things that would make the practice more patient-centric (this feedback has been shared with ACRM): 1) Electronic SIgnature software (like Docusign) for all of the paperwork. Coming into the office or printing and finding a notary was extremely cumbersome. 2) Adhering to 24 hour email response/phone call time. This was not with our second nurse Meghan, but this was a big issue that left me hanging multiple times with our first nurse. 3) Having the patient's team completely on the same page. Namely, if the doctor says things like "supplements and acupuncture aren't necessary," but then the nurse says otherwise, it is confusing. 4) Providing patients with a folder or website with all pertinent information in one place like: phone numbers and contact info for their team at ACRM, Info for the Pharmacy, injection guides, pertinent st
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
When you are one on one with Dr. Denis he seems to exhibit understanding and compassion. For the first three egg retrievals before the transfer process, we left feeling optimistic about next steps and grounded in a firm outcome of what happened during the last cycle. We also never felt rushed and he answered all the questions we brought to him. He is not the right doctor for you, however, if you like more grounded statistics and forthcoming details of the process. While he will answer all the questions you ask, when you are going through any piece of this for the first time, you might not know what to ask. Additionally, our last conversation did not go well with him and ultimately cemented our decision not to go back to him at all in the future. While my husband and I both know IVF doesn't mean the outcome of having a baby, there are two places where we feel let down by him: 1) Dr. Denis had clearly stated in an earlier debrief in March, "I feel confident you have one child between these two embryos." We did not have a child between those two embryos and now know that potential was misrepresented and overstated. When questioned about this, Dr. Denis got defensive and said, "This is just biology rearing it's ugly head." I would have rather heard that in March than be filled with false expectations. 2) We did not have critical information at key times in our cycles which could have impacted our decisions. Without going into vivid detail, we became aware of things that could go wrong AFTER they could go wrong, leaving us with few if any options. For people with large amounts of embryos, this might be less pertinent. We had fewer embryos and EVERY decision point was crucial. While there might be lines buried deep in consent forms of risks, some of the outcomes we got were never brought up in initial conversations. When we brought his up, twice, he mentioned it was in the consent forms.
If you like to by assuaged with hope and have unlimited funds to put towards this journey, Dr. Denis will be a good fit for you. If you prefer someone who speaks more accurately and thoroughly, he is not the right fit for you. Additionally, if you do choose Dr. Denis, I would recommend having a lawyer read your consent forms with you to walk you through all of the key points.
When we were in the same physical location with Dr. Denis, we found him to be engaging and thoughtful. This is true of most of the staff we encountered (not all, but most). I would especially like to highlight nurses Patty and Ellie as well as Meghan (whom we had as the main contact on our last cycle). Working with them was always a positive experience. While everyone was nice, the communication between different people playing a role in your cycle was annoying at best and catastrophic at worst. This is important because we only saw our doctor at the beginning of the cycle and the end of the cycle - he was never involved in the day-to-day. Here are some of the smaller things that would make the practice more patient-centric (this feedback has been shared with ACRM): 1) Electronic SIgnature software (like Docusign) for all of the paperwork. Coming into the office or printing and finding a notary was extremely cumbersome. 2) Adhering to 24 hour email response/phone call time. This was not with our second nurse Meghan, but this was a big issue that left me hanging multiple times with our first nurse. 3) Having the patient's team completely on the same page. Namely, if the doctor says things like "supplements and acupuncture aren't necessary," but then the nurse says otherwise, it is confusing. 4) Providing patients with a folder or website with all pertinent information in one place like: phone numbers and contact info for their team at ACRM, Info for the Pharmacy, injection guides, pertinent statistics and FAQs for their procedure/cycle. Without these things, we go to Google. Those were the smaller things that are "nice to haves," but we also had bigger issues with communication that made us feel ever more like a number. 1) We found out pertinent statistics to our cycles AFTER critical decision points. For example, we were not verbally informed of the survival rates of embryos from the thaw...until after we didn't have one of our two embryos survive the thaw on transfer day. For me personally, I like to know more information rather than less so I can manage my expectations. 2) We had three failed cycles and each time we found out from someone we didn't know. Dr. Denis said this is normal for doctors not to be the ones to share the news and got defensive when we brought it up. I am not sure what the standard is in medicine for sharing bad news, but regardless - hearing the news from someone else always us with alot of questions after we got the news from someone else as they didn't know our whole story or context.
I stimmed three times - I had an endometrioma on one ovary, so was operating with only one ovary. Each cycle (I believe), he increased the dosage of Gonal F and Menopur. We added HGH the second and third cycles. I then would start Cetrotide for several nights followed by three trigger shots (one lupron, then the trigger, followed by another lupron). I got 8, 9, then 10 eggs each cycle (mainly from the one functioning ovary). For the transfer, I was on Estradiol for about three weeks with progesterone in oil added five days before the transfer until the last beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Kent)
For our first two cycles we had Tulsi - she has gotten good reviews from others on this site, but she was a disaster for us to work with. She seemed checked out and unresponsive (perhaps a moment in time for her, but that was our experience). Meghan Kent was our nurse for our third transfer and moving forward - she was a breath of fresh air. Super responsive, on top of things, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Pros: -Facilities are very nice -Nursing staff is very very kind -All procedures seemed to run smoothly Cons: -Communication (see earlier large example with Dr. Denis, with the addition of smaller things like having to send consent forms to multiple people multiple times and lack of responsiveness from first nurse.) -Small improvements could make a big difference (things like electronic signatures, appointment reminders for monitoring visits, FAQs, etc)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
Each cycle, including ICSI and PGS testing, was around $14,000. Medications ran between $4000-6000, so around 20k per cycle. The transfer of one embryo cost around $4000 (slightly over). Medications for the transfer were covered by insurance.
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Denis highly recommended ICSI and PGS testing to then only do eSET. I don't remember multiple embryos in one transfer being a conversation. Fresh transfers are also not an option. In retrospect, I wish we had the option of a fresh transfer as we lost one of our viable embryos in the freeze process.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Please see earlier comments.
Atlanta Buckhead

[Dr. David Keenan] was professional and always on time. He was nice and genuine. He wasn’t very talkative but he was honest when I asked questions. He was helpful when I asked questions about the results of the ultrasounds he preformed. He always made the process more relaxing, by not making it feel like a procedure...[eSET approach]My doctor was very open to what I wanted. I was provided important information to make my own decisions.
The [nurse of ACRM] team was great. Answered all my questions and provided helpful tips and miscellaneous information for me. They were supportive and great to work with...The clinics strengths are they have informative staff, they show compassion, and have statistics to back their performance. Weakness is the accounting system is difficult for patients to understand. I’m consistently confused by the itemized receipts and multiple receipts for the same dates
How was your experience with David Keenan at ACRM?
David was professional and always on time. He was nice and genuine. He wasn’t very talkative but he was honest when I asked questions. He was helpful when I asked questions about the results of the ultrasounds he preformed. He always made the process more relaxing, by not making it feel like a procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Keenan at ACRM?
Be proactive about your questions, he will not ask if you have questions so you need to let him know if your curious or in the dark.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Keenan at ACRM?
Dr Keene and dr Patel who worked with him were very personal and kind. They provided good information and great bedside manner from start to finish. We always felt like Human Beings and not a number because Patel not only showed she cared, she let us know her journey with this as well. We had a bad experience previously and decided to give it another chance and what a difference it was between the first time and now.
Describe the protocols David Keenan used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
David and dr Patel together (due to procedures for the coronavirus and limitations) used a standard stims process using Gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, leuprolide, and novarel. My follicles were a successful side but I did suffer from OHSS. Everything I was suppose to do was listed specifically on a protocol sheet and everything was relayed to me in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Branch )
The team was great. Answered all my questions and provided helpful tips and miscellaneous information for me. They were supportive and great to work with.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinics strengths are they have informative staff, they show compassion, and have statistics to back their performance. Weakness is the accounting system is difficult for patients to understand. I’m consistently confused by the itemized receipts and multiple receipts for the same dates. This was our second time at this location. We started back in the beginning of 2018 but eight days after I was laid off work and my husband was laid off a month later. This was difficult for us and at that time the clinic had different staff that was difficult to work with for scheduling appointments. We were very discouraged by the staffs lack of desire to help so we stopped treatment. We decided after some friends feedback that we would try one more time this year. It has been a world of a difference. The staff was helpful, friendly, encouraging, supportive and overall genuine. Through the recent hard time with the pandemic the clinic has continued to keep us informed and did not cancel our treatment for egg retrieval!!!! We are excited about the next steps in our journey when it’s safe to begin treatment again with ACRM!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Keenan at ACRM.
Phase one with genetic testing was about $18,000.00. This does not include pharmacy and additional outside services. ACRM is a little more expensive than other clinics but they have better success rates. The standard fee for phase one for the clinic is $1092.00. The clinic works with ccrm for most of the procedures, however ccrm does not accept insurance so most of the cost was out of pocket.
Describe David Keenan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
David Keenan
Marietta

Dr. Hasty is the first doctor that has EVER pulled me into her office, explained my condition, shared personal experiences with regards to how my specific condition has affected her family and assured me that we would find a way for me and my boyfriend to have the family we desperately want. I'm not a crier, but I cried in that moment, because finally I had a doctor who was compassionate...great listener, patient with questions and really makes you feel at ease. I'm 100% confident she's going to help me make a baby and this is the first time I have felt that in my entire life.
It's [ACRM] in a beautiful building and patients are not allowed to bring in children with consideration to those who are still trying to conceive. I have never seen that before and I thought it was very thoughtful. The only drawback is there is a parking garage, so parking is about $6 per visit. Small fee to pay to get a little bit of baby dust...Dr. Hasty is a God-send. She listens, she understands, she doesn't rush, she explains procedures and makes you feel at ease.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
She's attentive, compassionate, great listener, patient with questions and really makes you feel at ease. I'm 100% confident she's going to help me make a baby and this is the first time I have felt that in my entire life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Go in with an open heart, because she will protect it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Although my condition has always been managed by my primary OBGYN, I have always left feeling rushed, an inconvenience when I ask questions about my health in general and especially my fertility. I can remember the last visit after asking what were my chances of getting pregnant, my OBGYN basically saying very outright that it wasn't possible and just left me in the room with that. Appointment over, no explanation. I'm fine with blunt, but at least help me understand. Dr. Hasty is the first doctor that has EVER pulled me into her office, explained my condition, shared personal experiences with regards to how my specific condition has affected her family and assured me that we would find a way for me and my boyfriend to have the family we desperately want. I'm not a crier, but I cried in that moment, because finally I had a doctor who was compassionate. You'd be surprised how rare that is. An infertility diagnosis is devastating. Imagine being diagnosed at the age of 19, and living your entire life knowing that this would be a challenge. Navigating relationships and dating, having to have this conversation over and over again. Finally meeting the love of your life and praying that this won't be a deal breaker. It's tough! Dr. Hasty is a God-send. She listens, she understands, she doesn't rush, she explains procedures and makes you feel at ease. She's been so gracious in even making sure my boyfriend is familiar and comfortable through this process. I am forever grateful that I ran across her practice, just by chance. As they all say, "I wish I would have gone to a fertility specialist from the beginning", because it really has made all the difference in my experience. I am forever grateful.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I don't remember the actual protocol, but we have completed an HSG, Semen Analysis, and ultimately IVF is the best option for us, due to my condition with PCOS. Now all that's left to do is start the process and figure out how to finance it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Deloach and Turkessa Jefferson)
They're always warm and extremely responsive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It's in a beautiful building and patients are not allowed to bring in children with consideration to those who are still trying to conceive. I have never seen that before and I thought it was very thoughtful. The only drawback is there is a parking garage, so parking is about $6 per visit. Small fee to pay to get a little bit of baby dust. :)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
So far the initial consultations, HSG and other testing was roughly $1600-$1800 out of pocket. My insurance did not cover most.
Describe Lisa Hasty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
I haven't started treatment cycles yet.
Lisa Hasty

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Fogle provided all of the information we needed to know, and at no time did I feel I was misled or had information withheld from us...warm, knowledgeable, and able to convey complex information in easily understandable terms...open to answering questions fully and quickly...recommended donor eggs due to my diagnostic tests, a failed FE transfer at another clinic with my own eggs...I felt I could trust her.
My initial impression at my first consultation was that I would never be able to afford treatment at ACRM...now that I am no longer planning any more attempts to use my own eggs, I will not be throwing money away. This clinic is really fantastic with coordinating visits for those of us who are traveling long distances from out of the area...well-organized and I have never waited more than a few hours to get a response from one of them. The coordination at this clinic is impressive.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle provided all of the information we needed to know, and at no time did I feel I was misled or had information withheld from us. She is warm, knowledgeable, and able to convey complex information in easily understandable terms. She is also open to answering questions fully and quickly.
I would recommend that they see her! My only regret is that she was not the first ER that I sought for treatment.
Dr. Fogle was incredibly patient and explained my odds of conceiving via IVF using my own eggs in detail at every step of the process. She also explained the process of using donor eggs as well as the likelihood of success. Dr. Fogle was honest and open about the financial aspects of the procedures as well. She answered all of my questions, and after my initial consultation, I felt I could trust her.
Due to COVID-19, my current treatment plan of IVF using donor eggs is on hold. Dr. Fogle recommended donor eggs due to my diagnostic tests, a failed FE transfer at another clinic with my own eggs, and my eggs. She ordered a hysteropalpinogram to rule out issues related to a childhood surgery that could have interfered with IVF success. That test showed no damage, and we are reassured that it may increase our chances of conceiving via donor eggs after my treatment is resumed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mirren Reagan)
Mirren Reagan and Taylor Chasteen have both been handling coordination of my care, and they are wonderful. They are very well-organized and I have never waited more than a few hours to get a response from one of them. The coordination at this clinic is impressive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
My initial impression at my first consultation was that I would never be able to afford treatment at ACRM. Compared to the local clinic that performed my first IVF procedure, it seemed to be a very large and expensive operation. The actual and projected costs are actually similar, and now that I am no longer planning any more attempts to use my own eggs, I will not be throwing money away. This clinic is really fantastic with coordinating visits for those of us who are traveling long distances from out of the area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
With my treatment currently suspended for COVID-19, I have only completed diagnostic testing at this point. ACRM provided estimates of out-of-pocket costs in advance, and they were similar under my health insurance plan at my local clinic. My last visit included blood testing for me and my husband, a hysterosalpinogram, and hysteroscopy, and the total charged to me out of pocket was under $500.
Dr. Fogle's preference for single embryo transfers for women in my age group appears to be in line with currently accepted best practices in assisted reproduction. I am glad to follow her recommendations.
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Carpenter is very to the point and thorough. She always took the time to explain everything to me which was so appreciated in this process. She also allowed me the freedom to suggest different pathways forward and was always honest on her opinion of these options...We did a stair-step approach when I did not respond to 50 mg clomid. In the same cycle, we increased to 100 mg clomid and then 7.5 mg letrozole. The next cycle she added dexamethasone to letrozole which helped with ovulation. Dr. Carpenter was very open to trying strategies to help make me ovulate. When the oral medication did not seem to result in a pregnancy, she very gently suggested IVF and explained her rationale for that suggestion.
It can be easy at ACRM to become lost and I found it was very important to follow up consistently...Sometimes the nurses would not have the proper dosage to send to the pharmacy but when I brought this to their attention it was quickly resolved...The front desk staff is always very friendly. I did have some issues with billing but ultimately it was resolved but it was a bit of a headache to get to that point. Scheduling was typically very easy...We did a stair-step approach when I did not respond to 50 mg clomid. In the same cycle, we increased to 100 mg clomid and then 7.5 mg letrozole. The next cycle she added dexamethasone to letrozole which helped with ovulation. Dr. Carpenter was very open to trying strategies to help make me ovulate. When the oral medication did not seem to result in a pregnancy, she very gently suggested IVF and explained her rationale for that suggestion.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Come prepared with questions and Dr. Carpenter will spend the time to explain everything to you. I only know from my experience of asking many questions but I would also think that if you did not have questions, Dr. Carpenter would still be thorough on explaining the process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Dr. Carpenter always spent time answering all of my questions and was incredibly patient
Describe the protocols Sue Ellen Carpenter used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)

2017 - 2020, Successful
She thoroughly analyzed my previous care and walked us through some new options and suggestions for treatment. ... Dr. Carpenter truly listened and thought outside the box for my treatments. ... She has a soft and warm manner about her making you feel comfortable under her care. ... Dr. Carpenter goes above and beyond trying to ease your anxiety and find solutions to create the family you long for. She is also very smart and determined to get to the cause of any issues.
Multiple locations, doctors, and staff support. This allows for scheduling flexibility but also means you may see a variety of practitioners depending on where you elect to receive your care. The clinic communicates with one another very well so your care is coordinated. ... Each embryo transfer was about $5000 total. The prescriptions for the transfer were about $100. This was out-of-pocket because we did not have infertility coverage.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Dr. Carpenter is very experienced and very thorough. She has a soft and warm manner about her making you feel comfortable under her care. She is also very smart and determined to get to the cause of any issues.
Dr. Carpenter truly listened and thought outside the box for my treatments. We had previously been with another clinic with only negative results and were ready to give up until we met with Dr. Carpenter. She thoroughly analyzed my previous care and walked us through some new options and suggestions for treatment.
All of my transfers were frozen embryo cycles. Typically I would take birth control for a few days before beginning the real protocol to allow the 3-week protocol to be scheduled. I would start with estrogen for 2 weeks followed by the addition of progesterone injections for the 3rd week leading up the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Bisciotti)
Always friendly, responsive, and attentive
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
Describe Sue Ellen Carpenter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Carpenter tried single embryo transfers the 1st 2 attempts and then the 3rd attempt we transferred to embryos which is when we became pregnant.
Johns Creek

Dr. Denis was wonderful. He's not going to let you be unrealistic in your expectations though- will keep things real, but also positive...Great job explaining processes, likely results, all the options, the biology of it all. Matter of fact, but not cold. Appreciate all of his communication through out the process...eSET was used. graded visually then genetic testing, as embroys where from me at 39...
Overall the medical care is top notch [at ACRM]. Unfortunately, the accounting team is absolutely horrible...even if you pay every bill without pause, if there is one that you do not know is outstanding you will receive a nasty email, and they will treat your like your never paying them. But what is the worse is that I just received a call from COLLECTIONS saying I had an outstanding Embryo storage fee- NO ONE ever emailed me or sent me a bill in the mail.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Great job explaining processes, likely results, all the options, the biology of it all. Matter of fact, but not cold. Appreciate all of his communication through out the process but most especially, of course, the call to confirm I was PREGNANT!
Listen to him- all aspects of the options and likelihood of success. There are no guarantees, but remaining positive is the best way to proceed.
Dr. Denis was wonderful. He's not going to let you be unrealistic in your expectations though- will keep things real, but also positive. I am sad he is retiring. However, given our timing of egg retrieval during beginning of everything shutting down for COVID in March-April of 2020 I did have lots of interaction with the other Drs in the practice and was happy with all
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura and Denis Care team did a great job. I was comfortable and felt like they were always positive, even in the midst of alot of fear surrounding the beginning of COVID in March-April of 2020. I appreciate them keeping us on our path to pregnancy even when we did not know how to protect ourselves from COVID, how it was spread etc in those early days.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall the medical care is top notch. Unfortunately, the accounting team is absolutely horrible. And I read similar reviews before beginning care. I mostly thought to myself that perhaps those previous reviewers had trouble paying the bills, meaning they didn't have the cash, etc. Nope. I am here to confirm, that is not the case at all. I dont have the right words to describe the complete LACK of basic competence, follow-thru, or responsibility to the patients - even if you pay every bill without pause, if there is one that you do not know is outstanding you will receive a nasty email, and they will treat your like your never paying them. But what is the worse is that I just received a call from COLLECTIONS saying I had an outstanding Embryo storage fee- NO ONE ever emailed me or sent me a bill in the mail. They have my current phone number and address. And yet the Collector told me an address with a major typo in it and she had my wrong phone number. Now that this mystery bill is now with Collections that means they've already reported this to Credit Bureau! This is totally unacceptable. I am speechless at how their inability to do their job in accounting is now significantly impacting us. This will impact my ability to quality for things (credit score impact) and I did not do anything but pay every bill, in full, with them the entire time I was in treatment and ensured they had my current info so that I would receive any future invoices. I dont know how to warn anyone how to protect yourself if at ACRM and dealing with accounting, other than you have to be on top of them to ensure you do not owe money. As counterintiative as it is, that is the only way to be sure you do not get majorly screwed like I currently am. On a final note- I do have to say we did 2 IUIs and 1 IVF (successful) - and we have a 6 month old boy now. Happy and Healthy and would not trade him for anything in the world. BUT I do not want this happening (the financial chaos) to anyone else!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
2 IUI, 1 successful IVF total (with no fertility coverage with insurance, and including all Rxs) $30,000-$35,000
eSET was used. graded visually then genetic testing, as embroys where from me at 39 this is highly recommended.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Billing- frozen embryo storage bill was never received and just got a call it went to collections. Collections did not have my correct phone number or correct address- both provided from the clinic to them. The clinic does have my correct information as we were active patients for over a year, and during that time received the bills either email or mail without incident, all paid immediately when received. So this type of screw up, now impacting my credit, when it was WHOLEY an error in their accounting department is completely unacceptable.
Atlanta Buckhead

Dr. Carpenter, is kind and takes time to explain processes and why she recommends what. They are days that I have asked to consult with her outside my regular appointments and she really makes a effort to honor this. She knows my husband and I’s names when we talk to her we walk away relieved and hopeful
Environment is welcoming and the employees are pleasant and always smiling. ... They are also very sensitive and culturally competent. ... And they really do wor around your availability; sometimes it means going in really early or really late after work but they are always willing to see you. I love this place. The only weakness I see is how far it is from where I live
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
All I can say is she makes the weight of infertility bearable. She’s genuinely concerned about our situation and sometimes reaches out to us at late hours to check in and with recommendations. My husband thinks if she were his prof in school he would have loved school even more; that how gentle and deliberate she is! We absolutely love her !
Be open and tell her your concerns and expectations! You are in safe hands!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Malley )
They are excellent! They respond quickly when o have questions or need clarifying and they are very flexible with time as well.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Clinic is great! Environment is welcoming and the employees are pleasant and always smiling. Appointments don’t take long; you are out before you know it! And they really do wor around your availability; sometimes it means going in really early or really late after work but they are always willing to see you. They are also very sensitive and culturally competent. I love this place. The only weakness I see is how far it is from where I live
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
I think costs were okay when covered by insurance and I only had to pay my copay.
Not applicable
2017 - 2020, Consult
Dr. Carpenter was very knowledgeable and kind. I had had an historectomy in 2012 so she explained that it wasn’t a certainty that I would still be ovulating but that we would check. Luckily I was an my eggs did mature. Giving me a total of 14 eggs. I appreciated how she explained things to me and that she was honest with me throughout the procedure...I was put on a higher dosage of the fertility drugs because of my history of a hysterectomy
The clinic [at ACRM] is organized and clean. It is fully equipped. I didn’t have to go anywhere else. Everything was done at the same location. I would rate it as excellent. The check in process is painless and the front desk staff are nice...The nurses are always available. They get back to you right away and they are very good at responding to email
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
I would say to not be scared. She will take good care of you.
Is he was kind and thorough. I was always treated like a human.
I was put on a higher dosage of the fertility drugs because of my history of a hysterectomy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
The nurses are always available. They get back to you right away and they are very good at responding to email.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is organized and clean. It is fully equipped. I didn’t have to go anywhere else. Everything was done at the same location. I would rate it as excellent. The check in process is painless and the front desk staff are nice.
The do single embryo transfer but I haven’t done it yet.
Atlanta Perimeter
I had a complex medical history, and Dr. Carpenter still treated me with grace. She got to know us personally and I felt like we had a close relationship...is lovely both personally and professionally...we had high expectations, and she did not disappoint. Dr. Carpenter was warm but professional. We felt complete confidence in her ability to help us reach our fertility goals...She is very accepting and easy to work with: however, she is very direct with her medical advise.
The clinic [ACRM] is overall very nice. You do see different providers during your time at ACRM- but they are all great. I was not super impressed with communication during the testing period; however, once we began IVF communication was quick and crystal clear...The office assigns a specific nurse and care coordinators to each patient. This sounds good at first; however, you typically have to wait to get in contact with that specific person. Sometimes I wish you could just call the office and talk to someone.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Dr. Carpenter is lovely both personally and professionally. I know several people who used her successfully throughout the years so we had high expectations, and she did not disappoint. Dr. Carpenter was warm but professional. We felt complete confidence in her ability to help us reach our fertility goals.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is overall very nice. You do see different providers during your time at ACRM- but they are all great. I was not super impressed with communication during the testing period; however, once we began IVF communication was quick and crystal clear.

2020, Unknown Success
All we have done so far is a round of letrazole. But she [Dr. Bonnie Patel] has been very very helpful...she always answers all of my questions, as crazy as they may be. She replies when I message her. Very nice and understanding...I absolutely love Dr. Patel, she is very easy to talk to and caring. She answers all questions in a timely manner and never makes me feel dumb for asking questions. She really wants to help her patients and you can really tell.
They [staff at ACRM] communicate well, answer in a timely manner. They have gotten me in very last minute before and have been very helpful. When I go in it is always very clean and organized. I am greeted at the front with smiles and friendly faces...[nurses are] Very nice and easy to talk to and get in touch with...All we have done so far is a round of letrazole. But she [Dr. Bonnie Patel] has been very very helpful...she always answers all of my questions, as crazy as they may be. She replies when I message her. Very nice and understanding...I absolutely love Dr. Patel, she is very easy to talk to and caring. S
Go see her ASAP.
I love Dr. Patel, she always answers all of my questions, as crazy as they may be. She replies when I message her. Very nice and understanding.
All we have done so far is a round of letrazole. But she has been very very helpful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
Very nice and easy to talk to and get in touch with
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They communicate well, answer in a timely manner. They have gotten me in very last minute before and have been very helpful. When I go in it is always very clean and organized. I am greeted at the front with smiles and friendly faces.
I have not gotten any bills yet so I am not sure.
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Bansari] did care for us and she knew exactly what we wanted (we were very vocal). She guided her thru the entire IVF process...is very thorough, confident and will not waste your time in IUIs and stuff. You'd have to let her know that you want to get pregnant at any cost...Dr Patel has expertise to get you thru this...We did use PGS which turned out to be great because we had 28 eggs retrieved off which only 11 survived after mixing with sperm after a week. They then sent those 11 embryos for PGS testing which turned out was important
We prepaid for PGS [at ACRM] for 8 embryos but we had 11 embryos and all were sent without our consent thus resulting is to pay more for the 3 extra PGS...Strength - Good location but if you're in the burbs, expect to drive thru the commute. Weakness - non negotiable IVF costs. ACRM is great. They did a lot of procedures on us: Removal of polyps, 2 IUIs, IVF with FET...We did use PGS which turned out to be great because we had 28 eggs retrieved off which only 11 survived after mixing with sperm after a week.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr Patel is very thorough, confident and will not waste your time in IUIs and stuff. You'd have to let her know that you want to get pregnant at any cost. Yes, IVF can be a bit expensive, but all that money won't go with you to the grave. Provided you're not a high risk category (over the age of 36, etc), and provided the eggs and sperm are healthy, pregnancy should not be a problem. Dr Patel has expertise to get you thru this.
All Good!
She did care for us and she knew exactly what we wanted (we were very vocal). She guided her thru the entire IVF process and how even though a woman has 3 million eggs, only a few are good quality which can result in a pregnancy with a healthy baby. There are so many things that can go wrong. We'd like to thank not only Dr Patel but her staff and above all of that, the power of God Almighty. In the end, it's the nature/universe that makes the magic between the sperms and eggs work.
We did use PGS which turned out to be great because we had 28 eggs retrieved off which only 11 survived after mixing with sperm after a week. They then sent those 11 embryos for PGS testing which turned out was important - Only 3 of those 11 embryos could produce a healthy baby. PGS Is so important! My wife and I are less than 35 years old and we benefit so much from it!
Abby is awesome!
Describe your experience with ACRM.
$7,000 including $3,000 for medications (off site speciality clinic - SMP Pharmacy in Miami) The rest was paid by our insurance since we had met our deductible for the year. Phew!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
We prepaid for PGS for 8 embryos but we had 11 embryos and all were sent without our consent thus resulting is to pay more for the 3 extra PGS
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Calhoun has always been open, honest and compassionate. I feel that we WILL be successful in her care. She has answered all 1000 questions in a timely manner. I have requested certain tests for my own peace of mind that she gladly performed (even if it wasn't necessary). She listens to my requests and concerns. When I had to end an ectopic pregnancy for my own health, she cried with me.
The ladies at ACRM (especially Cailin) ate amazing. They answer all my questions in a timely manner. They provide quality information and try to work my appointments around my work schedule.... ACRM wants you to be successful. I feel their strengths are that they aren't pushing into their own agenda, they want you to be comfortable with the treatments they suggest. My insurance covered most of the tests, and none of the treatment costs. They helped provide me with support group information. I don't have any weakness es As have had a great experience.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Be open to suggestions and listen to all the information before you start asking questions. (Most of the time, she will address it before you do.)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She cried with me when I had an ectopic and celebrated when we got positive results!
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Our strategy is to get pregnant and stay pregnant. We tried Clomid (twice) which both times ended up as a chemical pregnancy. We then tried a trigger shot, which produced an ectopic. The ectpoic (along with PCOS) clogged my tubes so we will move on to IVF in March 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailyn )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
For the past year we have spend $4000 in treatments and testing.
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
She has given us the choice, but has suggested eSET.
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Calhoun] was wonderfully supportive during our miscarriage. She wanted to reach out to us even though it was while she was on vacation. We will pursue future treatments with her because we know she cares and truly wants to help us have a family. ... She is kind and caring, and takes the time to explain things to us. ... She will make the best decisions for you on this journey.
We had appointment times [monitoring], but it was first come at 8am. ... Call backs from your nurse come late in the day, between 2-4p. This is because they [ACRM] see patients throughout the am/mid-day. ... The clinic does one embryo transfer, and after a failed transfer or loss there is the option to transfer two. ... Cailin is my new nurse and I love her! She is attentive and compassionate.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She was wonderfully supportive during our miscarriage. She wanted to reach out to us even though it was while she was on vacation. We will pursue future treatments with her because we know she cares and truly wants to help us have a family.
It is easy for us to let emotion make decisions but trust your doctor. She will make the best decisions for you on this journey.
She is kind and caring, and takes the time to explain things to us.
I’m not sure! I don’t have notes on this, but we will be changing up our protocol for the next time to include growth hormones so my eggs are all around the same maturity age during retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: My new bruise is Cailin and PCC is Bernice )
Cailin is my new nurse and I love her! She is attentive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Call backs from your nurse come late in the day, between 2-4p. This is because they see patients throughout the am/mid-day. But it is hard when you are waiting on answers to your questions. If it is an emergent question, you can call for the on-call nurse.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
We had appointment times, but it was first come at 8am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
We spent around 24k on several IUIs, a retrieval and transfer.
The clinic does one embryo transfer, and after a failed transfer or loss there is the option to transfer two. We understand these policies, and plus we only had one PGS normal embryo to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
When doing our egg retrieval we were supposed to have my uterine test while I was under anesthesia, but it wasn’t scheduled. We had to do this a few months later before a transfer attempt. It was something the previous nurse had on my file to book, but we did not remind them when scheduled. Therefore there wasn’t enough time between patients to perform the test.
Marietta

She [Dr. Carpenter] is very knowledgeable and kind but I wish there were greater attention to my case. I saw her *maybe* once a month during monitoring appointments so I did not feel like she was really involved or even really appraised of how the treatments were going. ... I started with timed intercourse and clomid bc I have PCOS. After getting no results, I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it was recommended that I try IUI.
Sometimes the front staff [ACRM] can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. ... The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) ... Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and kind but I wish there were greater attention to my case. I saw her *maybe* once a month during monitoring appointments so I did not feel like she was really involved or even really appraised of how the treatments were going.
Be prepared to really advocate for yourself.
She was always very calm and reassuring during my visits. I do wish there was greater attention on my case and concerns.
I started with timed intercourse and clomid bc I have PCOS. After getting no results, I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it was recommended that I try IUI. I began to have reactions to clomid, so asked to try another medication, femara, but it did not work well for regulating my cycle. At one point it made me ovulate very early and honestly wished they had recommended that we cancel that IUI bc it was not optimal timing or follicle quality. The treatments are pricey and we felt like that one was a waste.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) However, they were very responsive to emails and I learned to have them address my concerns via email.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Sometimes the front staff can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.
Johns Creek

Dr. Fogle spent time getting to know me and my husband in a consultation, before talking to us about our options. ... She seems to be more a proponent for traditional forms of fertility care (Clomid, IUI, IVF) and less supportive of nontraditional forms (acupuncture, herbal supplements). ... She is empathetic when delivering test results, but also clear about what needs to be done. ... It is this combination that makes her an excellent doctor when dealing with this medical specialty, since for many fertility patients, time is against us. ...
ACRM is the most organized clinic I've ever been to. Everything is carefully planned out, with lots of helpful paperwork and info for every step of the fertility process. When you walk into the office, it is a relaxing and positive environment. ... The nurses are very good at getting back to me. Every email I send gets returned by one of the nurses. They are helpful in answering questions I have in between appointments.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is very empathetic, and delivers test results with a mixture of honesty and compassion. It is this combination that makes her an excellent doctor when dealing with this medical specialty, since for many fertility patients, time is against us. I like to ask a lot of questions and take notes, and Dr. Fogle does a great job translating medical jargon into decipherable information that I can understand. She seems to be more a proponent for traditional forms of fertility care (Clomid, IUI, IVF) and less supportive of nontraditional forms (acupuncture, herbal supplements).
I would take Dr. Fogle's advice, since she is an expert in her field, but also listen to your own instincts on trying nontraditional forms of fertility such as acupuncture.
Dr. Fogle spent time getting to know me and my husband in a consultation, before talking to us about our options. She is empathetic when delivering test results, but also clear about what needs to be done.
We are trying IUI and letrozole this cycle. We will do two rounds of this treatment strategy. If these are unsuccessful, I will start IVF. Since I am a teacher with a limited salary, we don't know if IVF is a viable option for us financially. But we really want a baby, and are willing to do what it takes to have a family.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
So far, with consultation, blood work, and HSG, the total is $1500. We are doing IUI this month, which will be $1900, and then after that, IVF will be $24,000.
Atlanta Perimeter

While with Dr. Hasty, in a one-on-one appointment, she takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. She also listens to your questions, provides answers, and does not make you feel rushed. The issue is that you as a patient rarely see her! Her nurse practitioner runs everything! ... I wish she would have explained that she would not be the one providing the regular treatments ... It takes 2 months to get an appointment with her.
The Buckhead clinic [ACRM] is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so. ... Laura [nurse] is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
She is kind, caring and a great communicator. She is just rarely around. I came to her for IUIs and fertility medication. it is possible she is more involved in IVF, but I wish she would have explained that she would not be the one providing the regular treatments, her nurse practitioner would be, as well as any doctor who happened to be on call on the day of your procedure.
Be more involved in your patient's progress, or lack thereof. When something does not seem to be working for a while, change the course, instead of waiting for the patient to try to track you down. It takes 2 months to get an appointment with her.
While with Dr. Hasty, in a one-on-one appointment, she takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. She also listens to your questions, provides answers, and does not make you feel rushed. The issue is that you as a patient rarely see her! Her nurse practitioner runs everything! The nurse practitioner is wonderful, but when you have not been able to get pregnant for an extensive amount of time, you really want to be seeing the doctor more often!
She recommended and HCG to ensure tubes were not blocked, and put be on 750 MG of Metformin due to possible PCOS. I did this with timed interocurse for about 6 months. I was then given 5 mg Letrozole/Femara to take days 3-7. Dr. Hasty prefers Letrozole over Clomid due to a lower chance of multiples. I am still taking metformin, and concurrently doing IUI. I have done this 3 times. Last month was the first time I also used an HCG trigger shot for ovulation. I am continuing the same for this 4th cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The Buckhead clinic is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
IUI with frozen sample: $470 Monitoring ultrasound and blood work: $300-500
We have not yet discussed embryo transfers.
Lisa Hasty

How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun has been such a kind, warm and skillful RE so far. During our very first consultation, she had to break the news to me that residual cysts from a previous clomid cycle would mean I had to wait a month before starting an IUI cycle, and she was straightforward and kind in her delivery. She personally called me when we realized halfway through my third IUI cycle that I was inexplicably pregnant (bloodwork 10 days before showed progesterone of 1, so they had started me on another round of letrozole), and even though she herself was confused about what exactly was going on, she was very kind as she shared that I was most likely experiencing an early miscarriage. She personally conduced an ultrasound the next day so we could learn more and I could ask her questions. She seems genuinely interested in my success and well being. My only con about her is that I've only seen her in person three times. She splits her time between offices, so she has never performed an IUI for me, and it's a little unnerving to not know who I'm going to see. But when sh!t got real (confusing pregnancy/early miscarriage) she was all over it with multiple personal phone calls and a prompt in-person consultation. I'm hopeful about our next steps and feel confident with Dr. Calhoun handling my treatment.
If it's important for you to see her in person at most visits, be willing to go to multiple office locations depending on her schedule.
Dr. Calhoun has been fantastic so far. She personally called me with the very surprising news that I was pregnant after my second IUI (I had already started Letrozole for another IUI because earlier bloodwork had indicated I wasn't pregnant), and scheduled a meeting with me the very next day to personally conduct an ultrasound and talk me through what was clearly going to be an early miscarriage. She called me a few days later, and I assumed she had some sort of test result she wanted to share that maybe I didn't know about, and so I asked why she was calling. "Because I'm worried about you!" was her answer. I was totally shocked to have a doctor call just because she cared and wanted to check in with me during a confusing and disappointing situation. She's very kind and warm, but also honest and straightforward. The perfect personality mix for me.
So far I've done 2.5 IUI cycles with Dr. Calhoun (third got cancelled halfway through.) She's had me do a baseline scan and bloodwork day 2 or 3, then prescribed 5.0mg of letrozole each time, had me do a mid-cycle scan around day 12, and then I've always ovulated on my own, but if I hadn't, I was prepared to do a trigger shot. First one failed outright, second appeared to have failed, but actually resulted in a very early miscarriage, and third got cancelled. I will do one more IUI and then more onto IVF. She is ready for me to go to IVF now, but I want to try one more IUI since #2 technically worked, and she was fine with me trying one more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder)
I really haven't had much interaction with Cailin yet. So far it's been fine, but she really hasn't had much of a chance to be good or bad – she has been responsive and friendly via email, which is huge. I LOVE one of the nurse practitioners Marin (don't think I'm spelling her name right) who has done several ultrasounds for me. It's a big clinic, and I often have random doctors and nurses performing ultrasounds and doing procedures for me (which I don't like), but I'm always happy when I see Marin. I'm THRILLED by how easy scheduling is. It's an absolute delight that I can just send someone an email to get an appointment scheduled, and an hour later, its on the books. It's a far cry from the pain of scheduling appointments with my obgyn before we moved to the big leagues.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall, ACRM is a well-oiled machine. Before going myself, I had read some bad reviews about the clinic along the lines of "it's a fertility factory, and you'll just be a number", so I was a bit apprehensive, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. It's a factory only in the sense that they have everything down to a science. I have never waited more than 15 minutes before being called back for an appointment, and the only time I had to wait 30 minutes on the table for an IUI procedure to be done, a nurse came to check on me and told me that a retrieval was going long and I would be seen shortly, and the doctor apologized profusely as well once he came in. The office is beautiful and clean, and scheduling is a dream. It's so seamless. I've always gotten test results the same day. I get return emails over the weekend. Well oiled machine. The only downside is that it is a big clinic. My doctor works out of two different offices, and I have only seen her in person three times. Both of my IUIs have been performed by random doctors (including a male doctor who I find to be too gruff). I hate not seeing the same doctor and nurses every time, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the smooth experience and excellent care otherwise.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
So far each IUI is around 2,000 and we anticipate one round of IVF will be 25,000. Likely an extra 5,000 for genetic testing and 5,000 for additional transfers.
N/A as I haven't moved onto IVF yet

2019, Consult
Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me...Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating.
She [nurse at ACRM] has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive...Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00...When I made my first appointment, they were suppose to call me back to let me know what I would owe. I wasn't sure what my insurance would cover. I did not hear back from them. Upon arrival I was told it was only a specialist co-pay. You may want to make sure that you figure this out prior to your appointment as that could play a big part in you proceeding with fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is extremely thorough with providing me with the information needed to make a informed decision. She was prompt and to the point when needed, yet had a soft and understanding side as well. I appreciate that it was not pressured to just jump in. She wanted to know that I understood how everything worked.
Just be open and honest with your concerns or questions.
I am a 41yo who has been TTC for 1 year. I have no children. My husband has 3 children. We have been married for 1 month!! I finally met a man who wants to have children and I can't get pregnant... I went into this with little to no knowledge other than the internet, blogs & Instagram. My regular OBGYN's were no help, their only answer was see a fertility doctor. With not having insurance, I wasn't even sure that was a option for us. Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me. I was embarrassed that my husband had to work & could not go with me. Would she think that I was the only one interested in having a child? Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating. I learned things that I did not know, which I was able to share with my husband. She expressed her empathy with my feelings and concerns. I feel like she understood where my heart was coming from. She was honest & discussed the percentages of me getting pregnant on my own. What our options were &where would be the best starting place. We discussed the best financial options for us. She advised me to have a few test done elsewhere to save money. She was not pushy with getting me to sign up or make a commitment that day. She encouraged me to think about the options & talk with my husband. Upon leaving she gave me her card and wrote in her email address in case we had any other questions. We have decided to continue and will definitely be using Dr. Patel. Her staff has also been helpful and very responsive.
I have done 3 cycles of clomid before seeing Dr. Patel, so we made the decision to start with labs to see what is going on with me. She found a few items of concern. So, I am starting thyroid medication, a HSG procedure and my husband is doing a sperm test. We will wait for all of the results and schedule a follow up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens)
She has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
On my first visit, I had a specialist copay. They did labs as well that day, which my insurance covered. Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00. The sperm test was $140.00 I believe.
N/A - We haven't gotten this far.
Marietta

I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room, when I did my consultation and [Dr. Carpenter] kept checking her text messages and breaking off while talking to me to do so. At first I liked how she mapped out the course of treatment, but then I found out she told me a lot of wrong information (which medication, antibiotics, which labs they would run and which they wouldn’t because my obgyn had already run, etc)...
I was REALLY disappointed with my care at ACRM. They don’t seem to have their act together. This is such a stressful issue, the very least I would expect is for them to have some organization and compassion. And I shouldn’t have to email 3 times to get a response from a nurse. If the policy is to respond to email in 24 hours, actually stick to it, and if you don’t apologize for taking so long to respond. Also...there should be someone somewhere who answers a phone. If a patient is freaking out about finding out what location they were supposed to be at because they don’t call or send reminder/verification messages for appointments, the patient should at least be able to reach a receptionist
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
If she isn’t paying attention to you, tell her that you are paying for the consultation, you expect her to be present. Also, ask her what you should do if anything changes from what she is telling you along the way (should you tell your nurse, etc)
I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room, when I did my consultation and kept checking her text messages and breaking off while talking to me to do so. She gave me information which later ended up being incorrect, her office canceled my HSG appointment and couldn’t reschedule it so they outsourced me to another place (not one of their locations), they scheduled my initial appointment and didn’t tell me which location (indicated it was with my original location but it was not).
Initially she told me they would do a base ultrasound on day 3, along with a panel of hormones, etc. She told me she wouldn’t redo tests my doc had already done (she did though because apparently she doesn’t put anything she says in the system). She then told me they would set up the HSG and the MidCycle ultra sound and blood work at the same time and I should take the antibiotic a day before the HSG and continue until I was done with the course (5 days) this changed because she never noted it in my file and forgot what she told me. I would go on letrozole on my 3rd day of my cycle, come in for an iui (maybe do a trigger shot depending on my follicial size st my mid cycle).
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri was my nurse and abelina was my patient care coordinator)
I was pretty disappointed with their scheduling. My care coordinator was nice, but the office had some serious issues with scheduling. My HSG (which I scheduled at the beginning of my cycle) got cancelled and they couldn’t reschedule - I had to go to Northside Hospital radiology to get it done instead, which was really disappointing
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
It’s definitely not cheap. It was about 1500 for intial blood work and ultrasound, 1500 for the HSG, 500 for midpoint ultrasound, 499 for iui, etc
No idea