1800 Howell Mill Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276

I had a complex medical history, and Dr. Carpenter still treated me with grace. She got to know us personally and I felt like we had a close relationship...is lovely both personally and professionally...we had high expectations, and she did not disappoint. Dr. Carpenter was warm but professional. We felt complete confidence in her ability to help us reach our fertility goals...She is very accepting and easy to work with: however, she is very direct with her medical advise.
The clinic [ACRM] is overall very nice. You do see different providers during your time at ACRM- but they are all great. I was not super impressed with communication during the testing period; however, once we began IVF communication was quick and crystal clear...The office assigns a specific nurse and care coordinators to each patient. This sounds good at first; however, you typically have to wait to get in contact with that specific person. Sometimes I wish you could just call the office and talk to someone.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Dr. Carpenter is lovely both personally and professionally. I know several people who used her successfully throughout the years so we had high expectations, and she did not disappoint. Dr. Carpenter was warm but professional. We felt complete confidence in her ability to help us reach our fertility goals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is overall very nice. You do see different providers during your time at ACRM- but they are all great. I was not super impressed with communication during the testing period; however, once we began IVF communication was quick and crystal clear.

2020, Unknown Success
All we have done so far is a round of letrazole. But she [Dr. Bonnie Patel] has been very very helpful...she always answers all of my questions, as crazy as they may be. She replies when I message her. Very nice and understanding...I absolutely love Dr. Patel, she is very easy to talk to and caring. She answers all questions in a timely manner and never makes me feel dumb for asking questions. She really wants to help her patients and you can really tell.
They [staff at ACRM] communicate well, answer in a timely manner. They have gotten me in very last minute before and have been very helpful. When I go in it is always very clean and organized. I am greeted at the front with smiles and friendly faces...[nurses are] Very nice and easy to talk to and get in touch with...All we have done so far is a round of letrazole. But she [Dr. Bonnie Patel] has been very very helpful...she always answers all of my questions, as crazy as they may be. She replies when I message her. Very nice and understanding...I absolutely love Dr. Patel, she is very easy to talk to and caring. S
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Go see her ASAP.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
I love Dr. Patel, she always answers all of my questions, as crazy as they may be. She replies when I message her. Very nice and understanding.
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
All we have done so far is a round of letrazole. But she has been very very helpful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
Very nice and easy to talk to and get in touch with
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They communicate well, answer in a timely manner. They have gotten me in very last minute before and have been very helpful. When I go in it is always very clean and organized. I am greeted at the front with smiles and friendly faces.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.
I have not gotten any bills yet so I am not sure.
Atlanta Perimeter

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Fogle. Early on in my treatment with her, I had a unique, adverse reaction to one of the fertility medications. Dr. Fogle did everything possible to help me through it and this exceptional level of care continued throughout my fertility journey. I wish all of my doctors were like her...She is an expert in her field, has a wonderful, relatable demeanor and inspires confidence. And I was always impressed at how quickly she got back to me with answers to my questions.
ACRM Perimeter is an aesthetically pleasing office, clean and efficiently run. Appointments are typically quick and the staff is helpful...care team was always extremely helpful and responsive. Being my first experience with fertility and pregnancy, I tend to have lots of questions and the care team always answered them quickly and thoroughly...And I was impressed at how quickly and proficiently the clinic adapted to the current COVID crisis...
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
As I mentioned before, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Fogle. In fact, I am sad to be leaving her care as I graduate back to my ob-gyn for the duration of my pregnancy. I truly feel that she got to know me as a patient, which is invaluable. She is an expert in her field, has a wonderful, relatable demeanor and inspires confidence. And I was always impressed at how quickly she got back to me with answers to my questions. I wish that all of my doctors were like Dr. Fogle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Going through fertility can be difficult and trying, but trust in the process and know that you are in excellent hands with Dr. Fogle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Robin Fogle used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I tried IUI once (it resulted in a negative pregnancy test) and then proceeded to IVF due to the increased odds of success for someone my age . I did stimulant injections, had an egg retrieval, my embryos were genetically tested, and then I had a frozen transfer. The transfer was successful and resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Demaline)
Dr. Fogle's care team was always extremely helpful and responsive. Being my first experience with fertility and pregnancy, I tend to have lots of questions and the care team always answered them quickly and thoroughly.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM Perimeter is an aesthetically pleasing office, clean and efficiently run. Appointments are typically quick and the staff is helpful. And I was impressed at how quickly and proficiently the clinic adapted to the current COVID crisis.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
IUI has its own cost (broken down by visits, bloodwork and ultrasounds). IVF was broken into two phases: the egg retrieval (the most expensive phase) and then the frozen embryo transfer.
Describe Robin Fogle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
None.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
There was one instance were my urine culture was misplaced. I addressed the issue with my nurse and she resolved the issue.
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Patel] recommended only transferring one embryo...she reviewed the likely hood of each treatment resulting in a pregnancy and live birth. She helped confirm what I thought my issue was (tubal blockage) and based on my age we went with IVF as she explained this old be the fasted...She would share some personal things about herself at times when I was having a tough time that helped me feel like she could relate to me
They communicated well via email mainly, sometimes as needed over the phone. I always got a prompt response...The visits and all my procedures were about $12k and the medicine was an additional $4500. My insurance cover the majority of medical, paid out of pocket for the dugs...The office in Marietta is smaller, but very nice. The parameter office was very nice from waiting room, large appointment rooms, and nice “surgery” facilities
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
She was always smiling and honest. From my first consultation, she reviewed the likely hood of each treatment resulting in a pregnancy and live birth. She helped confirm what I thought my issue was (tubal blockage) and based on my age we went with IVF as she explained this old be the fasted. most probably of me to get pregnant. I had a few setbacks, but she remained encouraged, shared what my options were, and we proceeded.
Nothing specific to her. Write down your questions for her so that you remember to ask them while you’re with her.
Dr.Patel was always honest, but has such a hopeful, positive attitude, from the first consultation and throughout my entire journey. It was fate when I booked my initial appointment that she was who was available. She was the exact doctor I needed (positive, non-judge mental). She would share some personal things about herself at times when I was having a tough time that helped me feel like she could relate to me. I always felt like I would like to be her friend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
They were just as positive and helpful as Dr. Patel. They communicated well via email mainly, sometimes as needed over the phone. I always got a prompt response.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The office in Marietta is smaller, but very nice. The parameter office was very nice from waiting room, large appointment rooms, and nice “surgery” facilities. All clean and modern. I would find the nurses in both offices so I liked seeing familiar face(s). In the Marietta office, you check in with a person. In perimeter office it’s a kiosk and so less personal.
Describe Bansari (Bonnie) Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
She recommended only transferring one embryo. I was thinking of transferring 2, but I’m glad I did not do that. My husband and I did the genetic testing of the embryos. I highly recommend that. Only 2 of 7 were viable options.
Marietta
She [Dr. Patel] was very patient to answer every question we had during our consultation sessions, and explained everything thoroughly. We felt like she knew us and connected to us...She presented all our options, explained each of them - their success rates, risks, etc. and once we made our decision, she helped us throughout our process...
They [ACRM nurses] always responded to my questions promptly, always followed up to make sure I was taking my medications on the days I needed to start...The clinic is clean and organized and the staff is very attentive. There were some appointments where the doctor was overbooked so we had to wait more than 20 minutes for our appointment but other than that, have never had any other issues. The staff directs you with clear instructions and are very friendly.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
As a infertility patient, Dr. Patel has been the best doctor we've worked with so far. She was very patient with our questions and explained everything thoroughly. She presented all our options, explained each of them - their success rates, risks, etc. and once we made our decision, she helped us throughout our process. I recommended her to my cousin who was going through the similar issues and my cousin had the same positive experience with her. Dr. Patel treats each of her patient with much care that you can see while interacting with her.
Dr. Patel is very patient in answering questions, so if you have any question, do not hesitate to ask her.
She was very patient to answer every question we had during our consultation sessions, and explained everything thoroughly. We felt like she knew us and connected to us.
We did IVF with Dr. Patel since we had tried IUI and other options with our previous doctor with no success. We are now 10 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Branch and Ashley Malley)
Patel Care team was the best nurse team i have ever worked with. They always responded to my questions promptly, always followed up to make sure I was taking my medications on the days I needed to start, and made me feel like they were taking care of me like I was with them, even though it was all done via email.
IVF cost
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Patel was warm and gracious during our time at ACRM. She was honest, supportive and her guidance was incredibly helpful...After a year of different treatments, I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins and I give all my thanks to them!...She was always prompt, clear & they always made sure to answer any questions that I had.
ACRM was clean, organized, welcoming & overall a wonderful place to visit during my apts. I always felt at ease and comfortable. The wait times were normally short & if they did have you wait they would make sure you were comfortable during that time period...All of the staff at ACRM welcomed my husband and I with open arms. They were always great about responding to emails, answering any questions along the way & always made sure we were taken care of.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel was warm and gracious during our time at ACRM. She was honest, supportive and her guidance was incredibly helpful. She was always prompt, clear & they always made sure to answer any questions that I had.
To be open and honest with her, set expectations together so everyone is on the same page & aware of the end goal.
I am beyond grateful for ACRM, in particular Dr. Patel & her team. Dr. Patel was warm and gracious during our time at ACRM. She was honest, supportive and her guidance was incredibly helpful. The staff with ACRM was always prompt, clear & they always made sure to answer any questions that I had. I can not recommend them enough & my husband and I are so grateful for everyone there in making what is a very difficult situation a little more comfortable. After a year of different treatments, I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins and I give all my thanks to them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Malley)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The treatments were not cheap but we were made aware of what we could expect when the time came to make payments.
Atlanta Perimeter
Dr. Patel is extremely knowledgeable and explained everything very well to my husband and I. We never left the clinic with unanswered questions. She was honest with us and made us with comfortable with our treatment options...[she] suggested only transferring 1 embryo for greater success...She was extremely positive and believed in the IVF process for us
$4000 for meds $22,000 for IVF cycle...The entire [ACRM] nursing staff was great! They all were rooting for me, and praying for a successful pregnancy...The clinic was referred to me by my gynecologist and it was a great referral. Everyone was helpful and supportive throughout my journey there. Even during COVID times, I felt comfortable going into the clinic for my blood work and ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel was amazing. From our first virtual consultation, she made us feel at ease. She told us our options and gave the best advise to us. She was extremely positive and believed in the IVF process for us. She made great suggestions and we are very grateful the transfer worked out successfully the first time. We had very few setbacks while in her care.
Go in with an open mind. Have lots of questions. Dr. Patel will listen and answer your questions completely and honestly. She wants to do whatever she can to get her couples a baby.
1 Egg Retrieval Estrogen 3x a day Progesterone shots 1x a day for 10 wks 1 FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Branch)
The entire nursing staff was great! They all were rooting for me, and praying for a successful pregnancy
$4000 for meds $22,000 for IVF cycle
Dr. Patel suggested only transferring 1 embryo for greater success.
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Bansari] did care for us and she knew exactly what we wanted (we were very vocal). She guided her thru the entire IVF process...is very thorough, confident and will not waste your time in IUIs and stuff. You'd have to let her know that you want to get pregnant at any cost...Dr Patel has expertise to get you thru this...We did use PGS which turned out to be great because we had 28 eggs retrieved off which only 11 survived after mixing with sperm after a week. They then sent those 11 embryos for PGS testing which turned out was important
We prepaid for PGS [at ACRM] for 8 embryos but we had 11 embryos and all were sent without our consent thus resulting is to pay more for the 3 extra PGS...Strength - Good location but if you're in the burbs, expect to drive thru the commute. Weakness - non negotiable IVF costs. ACRM is great. They did a lot of procedures on us: Removal of polyps, 2 IUIs, IVF with FET...We did use PGS which turned out to be great because we had 28 eggs retrieved off which only 11 survived after mixing with sperm after a week.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr Patel is very thorough, confident and will not waste your time in IUIs and stuff. You'd have to let her know that you want to get pregnant at any cost. Yes, IVF can be a bit expensive, but all that money won't go with you to the grave. Provided you're not a high risk category (over the age of 36, etc), and provided the eggs and sperm are healthy, pregnancy should not be a problem. Dr Patel has expertise to get you thru this.
All Good!
She did care for us and she knew exactly what we wanted (we were very vocal). She guided her thru the entire IVF process and how even though a woman has 3 million eggs, only a few are good quality which can result in a pregnancy with a healthy baby. There are so many things that can go wrong. We'd like to thank not only Dr Patel but her staff and above all of that, the power of God Almighty. In the end, it's the nature/universe that makes the magic between the sperms and eggs work.
We did use PGS which turned out to be great because we had 28 eggs retrieved off which only 11 survived after mixing with sperm after a week. They then sent those 11 embryos for PGS testing which turned out was important - Only 3 of those 11 embryos could produce a healthy baby. PGS Is so important! My wife and I are less than 35 years old and we benefit so much from it!
Abby is awesome!
Describe your experience with ACRM.
$7,000 including $3,000 for medications (off site speciality clinic - SMP Pharmacy in Miami) The rest was paid by our insurance since we had met our deductible for the year. Phew!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
We prepaid for PGS for 8 embryos but we had 11 embryos and all were sent without our consent thus resulting is to pay more for the 3 extra PGS
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Calhoun has always been open, honest and compassionate. I feel that we WILL be successful in her care. She has answered all 1000 questions in a timely manner. I have requested certain tests for my own peace of mind that she gladly performed (even if it wasn't necessary). She listens to my requests and concerns. When I had to end an ectopic pregnancy for my own health, she cried with me.
The ladies at ACRM (especially Cailin) ate amazing. They answer all my questions in a timely manner. They provide quality information and try to work my appointments around my work schedule.... ACRM wants you to be successful. I feel their strengths are that they aren't pushing into their own agenda, they want you to be comfortable with the treatments they suggest. My insurance covered most of the tests, and none of the treatment costs. They helped provide me with support group information. I don't have any weakness es As have had a great experience.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Be open to suggestions and listen to all the information before you start asking questions. (Most of the time, she will address it before you do.)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She cried with me when I had an ectopic and celebrated when we got positive results!
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Our strategy is to get pregnant and stay pregnant. We tried Clomid (twice) which both times ended up as a chemical pregnancy. We then tried a trigger shot, which produced an ectopic. The ectpoic (along with PCOS) clogged my tubes so we will move on to IVF in March 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailyn )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
For the past year we have spend $4000 in treatments and testing.
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
She has given us the choice, but has suggested eSET.
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Calhoun] was wonderfully supportive during our miscarriage. She wanted to reach out to us even though it was while she was on vacation. We will pursue future treatments with her because we know she cares and truly wants to help us have a family. ... She is kind and caring, and takes the time to explain things to us. ... She will make the best decisions for you on this journey.
We had appointment times [monitoring], but it was first come at 8am. ... Call backs from your nurse come late in the day, between 2-4p. This is because they [ACRM] see patients throughout the am/mid-day. ... The clinic does one embryo transfer, and after a failed transfer or loss there is the option to transfer two. ... Cailin is my new nurse and I love her! She is attentive and compassionate.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She was wonderfully supportive during our miscarriage. She wanted to reach out to us even though it was while she was on vacation. We will pursue future treatments with her because we know she cares and truly wants to help us have a family.
It is easy for us to let emotion make decisions but trust your doctor. She will make the best decisions for you on this journey.
She is kind and caring, and takes the time to explain things to us.
I’m not sure! I don’t have notes on this, but we will be changing up our protocol for the next time to include growth hormones so my eggs are all around the same maturity age during retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: My new bruise is Cailin and PCC is Bernice )
Cailin is my new nurse and I love her! She is attentive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Call backs from your nurse come late in the day, between 2-4p. This is because they see patients throughout the am/mid-day. But it is hard when you are waiting on answers to your questions. If it is an emergent question, you can call for the on-call nurse.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
We had appointment times, but it was first come at 8am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
We spent around 24k on several IUIs, a retrieval and transfer.
The clinic does one embryo transfer, and after a failed transfer or loss there is the option to transfer two. We understand these policies, and plus we only had one PGS normal embryo to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
When doing our egg retrieval we were supposed to have my uterine test while I was under anesthesia, but it wasn’t scheduled. We had to do this a few months later before a transfer attempt. It was something the previous nurse had on my file to book, but we did not remind them when scheduled. Therefore there wasn’t enough time between patients to perform the test.
Marietta

She [Dr. Carpenter] is very knowledgeable and kind but I wish there were greater attention to my case. I saw her *maybe* once a month during monitoring appointments so I did not feel like she was really involved or even really appraised of how the treatments were going. ... I started with timed intercourse and clomid bc I have PCOS. After getting no results, I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it was recommended that I try IUI.
Sometimes the front staff [ACRM] can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. ... The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) ... Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and kind but I wish there were greater attention to my case. I saw her *maybe* once a month during monitoring appointments so I did not feel like she was really involved or even really appraised of how the treatments were going.
Be prepared to really advocate for yourself.
She was always very calm and reassuring during my visits. I do wish there was greater attention on my case and concerns.
Describe the protocols Sue Ellen Carpenter used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I started with timed intercourse and clomid bc I have PCOS. After getting no results, I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and it was recommended that I try IUI. I began to have reactions to clomid, so asked to try another medication, femara, but it did not work well for regulating my cycle. At one point it made me ovulate very early and honestly wished they had recommended that we cancel that IUI bc it was not optimal timing or follicle quality. The treatments are pricey and we felt like that one was a waste.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
The staff can be difficult to contact over the phone (don't miss the afternoon call backs if you have questions!) However, they were very responsive to emails and I learned to have them address my concerns via email.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Sometimes the front staff can be a bit cold, but the nursing team and finance people are great. Also, be prepared to wait a while at appointments. I once waited an hour and 20 mins for a simple blood draw. I would recommend getting the first appointment of the day if possible and getting there extra early. This seemed to help me get through in a timely manner.
Johns Creek

Dr. Fogle spent time getting to know me and my husband in a consultation, before talking to us about our options. ... She seems to be more a proponent for traditional forms of fertility care (Clomid, IUI, IVF) and less supportive of nontraditional forms (acupuncture, herbal supplements). ... She is empathetic when delivering test results, but also clear about what needs to be done. ... It is this combination that makes her an excellent doctor when dealing with this medical specialty, since for many fertility patients, time is against us. ...
ACRM is the most organized clinic I've ever been to. Everything is carefully planned out, with lots of helpful paperwork and info for every step of the fertility process. When you walk into the office, it is a relaxing and positive environment. ... The nurses are very good at getting back to me. Every email I send gets returned by one of the nurses. They are helpful in answering questions I have in between appointments.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is very empathetic, and delivers test results with a mixture of honesty and compassion. It is this combination that makes her an excellent doctor when dealing with this medical specialty, since for many fertility patients, time is against us. I like to ask a lot of questions and take notes, and Dr. Fogle does a great job translating medical jargon into decipherable information that I can understand. She seems to be more a proponent for traditional forms of fertility care (Clomid, IUI, IVF) and less supportive of nontraditional forms (acupuncture, herbal supplements).
I would take Dr. Fogle's advice, since she is an expert in her field, but also listen to your own instincts on trying nontraditional forms of fertility such as acupuncture.
Dr. Fogle spent time getting to know me and my husband in a consultation, before talking to us about our options. She is empathetic when delivering test results, but also clear about what needs to be done.
We are trying IUI and letrozole this cycle. We will do two rounds of this treatment strategy. If these are unsuccessful, I will start IVF. Since I am a teacher with a limited salary, we don't know if IVF is a viable option for us financially. But we really want a baby, and are willing to do what it takes to have a family.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
So far, with consultation, blood work, and HSG, the total is $1500. We are doing IUI this month, which will be $1900, and then after that, IVF will be $24,000.
Atlanta Perimeter

While with Dr. Hasty, in a one-on-one appointment, she takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. She also listens to your questions, provides answers, and does not make you feel rushed. The issue is that you as a patient rarely see her! Her nurse practitioner runs everything! ... I wish she would have explained that she would not be the one providing the regular treatments ... It takes 2 months to get an appointment with her.
The Buckhead clinic [ACRM] is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so. ... Laura [nurse] is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
She is kind, caring and a great communicator. She is just rarely around. I came to her for IUIs and fertility medication. it is possible she is more involved in IVF, but I wish she would have explained that she would not be the one providing the regular treatments, her nurse practitioner would be, as well as any doctor who happened to be on call on the day of your procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Be more involved in your patient's progress, or lack thereof. When something does not seem to be working for a while, change the course, instead of waiting for the patient to try to track you down. It takes 2 months to get an appointment with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
While with Dr. Hasty, in a one-on-one appointment, she takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. She also listens to your questions, provides answers, and does not make you feel rushed. The issue is that you as a patient rarely see her! Her nurse practitioner runs everything! The nurse practitioner is wonderful, but when you have not been able to get pregnant for an extensive amount of time, you really want to be seeing the doctor more often!
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
She recommended and HCG to ensure tubes were not blocked, and put be on 750 MG of Metformin due to possible PCOS. I did this with timed interocurse for about 6 months. I was then given 5 mg Letrozole/Femara to take days 3-7. Dr. Hasty prefers Letrozole over Clomid due to a lower chance of multiples. I am still taking metformin, and concurrently doing IUI. I have done this 3 times. Last month was the first time I also used an HCG trigger shot for ovulation. I am continuing the same for this 4th cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura is fantastic. She answers all emails in a 24 hour or less turn around. She can ease concerns and responds effectively. She is very efficient.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The Buckhead clinic is organized and efficient. their Perimeter branch is a mess and you should regularly plan to have an hour or more wait. You do feel that they focus more on IVF and push you towards that, but not excessively so.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
IUI with frozen sample: $470 Monitoring ultrasound and blood work: $300-500
Describe Lisa Hasty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
We have not yet discussed embryo transfers.
Lisa Hasty

How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun has been such a kind, warm and skillful RE so far. During our very first consultation, she had to break the news to me that residual cysts from a previous clomid cycle would mean I had to wait a month before starting an IUI cycle, and she was straightforward and kind in her delivery. She personally called me when we realized halfway through my third IUI cycle that I was inexplicably pregnant (bloodwork 10 days before showed progesterone of 1, so they had started me on another round of letrozole), and even though she herself was confused about what exactly was going on, she was very kind as she shared that I was most likely experiencing an early miscarriage. She personally conduced an ultrasound the next day so we could learn more and I could ask her questions. She seems genuinely interested in my success and well being. My only con about her is that I've only seen her in person three times. She splits her time between offices, so she has never performed an IUI for me, and it's a little unnerving to not know who I'm going to see. But when sh!t got real (confusing pregnancy/early miscarriage) she was all over it with multiple personal phone calls and a prompt in-person consultation. I'm hopeful about our next steps and feel confident with Dr. Calhoun handling my treatment.
If it's important for you to see her in person at most visits, be willing to go to multiple office locations depending on her schedule.
Dr. Calhoun has been fantastic so far. She personally called me with the very surprising news that I was pregnant after my second IUI (I had already started Letrozole for another IUI because earlier bloodwork had indicated I wasn't pregnant), and scheduled a meeting with me the very next day to personally conduct an ultrasound and talk me through what was clearly going to be an early miscarriage. She called me a few days later, and I assumed she had some sort of test result she wanted to share that maybe I didn't know about, and so I asked why she was calling. "Because I'm worried about you!" was her answer. I was totally shocked to have a doctor call just because she cared and wanted to check in with me during a confusing and disappointing situation. She's very kind and warm, but also honest and straightforward. The perfect personality mix for me.
So far I've done 2.5 IUI cycles with Dr. Calhoun (third got cancelled halfway through.) She's had me do a baseline scan and bloodwork day 2 or 3, then prescribed 5.0mg of letrozole each time, had me do a mid-cycle scan around day 12, and then I've always ovulated on my own, but if I hadn't, I was prepared to do a trigger shot. First one failed outright, second appeared to have failed, but actually resulted in a very early miscarriage, and third got cancelled. I will do one more IUI and then more onto IVF. She is ready for me to go to IVF now, but I want to try one more IUI since #2 technically worked, and she was fine with me trying one more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder)
I really haven't had much interaction with Cailin yet. So far it's been fine, but she really hasn't had much of a chance to be good or bad – she has been responsive and friendly via email, which is huge. I LOVE one of the nurse practitioners Marin (don't think I'm spelling her name right) who has done several ultrasounds for me. It's a big clinic, and I often have random doctors and nurses performing ultrasounds and doing procedures for me (which I don't like), but I'm always happy when I see Marin. I'm THRILLED by how easy scheduling is. It's an absolute delight that I can just send someone an email to get an appointment scheduled, and an hour later, its on the books. It's a far cry from the pain of scheduling appointments with my obgyn before we moved to the big leagues.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall, ACRM is a well-oiled machine. Before going myself, I had read some bad reviews about the clinic along the lines of "it's a fertility factory, and you'll just be a number", so I was a bit apprehensive, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. It's a factory only in the sense that they have everything down to a science. I have never waited more than 15 minutes before being called back for an appointment, and the only time I had to wait 30 minutes on the table for an IUI procedure to be done, a nurse came to check on me and told me that a retrieval was going long and I would be seen shortly, and the doctor apologized profusely as well once he came in. The office is beautiful and clean, and scheduling is a dream. It's so seamless. I've always gotten test results the same day. I get return emails over the weekend. Well oiled machine. The only downside is that it is a big clinic. My doctor works out of two different offices, and I have only seen her in person three times. Both of my IUIs have been performed by random doctors (including a male doctor who I find to be too gruff). I hate not seeing the same doctor and nurses every time, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the smooth experience and excellent care otherwise.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
So far each IUI is around 2,000 and we anticipate one round of IVF will be 25,000. Likely an extra 5,000 for genetic testing and 5,000 for additional transfers.
N/A as I haven't moved onto IVF yet

2019, Consult
Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me...Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating.
She [nurse at ACRM] has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive...Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00...When I made my first appointment, they were suppose to call me back to let me know what I would owe. I wasn't sure what my insurance would cover. I did not hear back from them. Upon arrival I was told it was only a specialist co-pay. You may want to make sure that you figure this out prior to your appointment as that could play a big part in you proceeding with fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is extremely thorough with providing me with the information needed to make a informed decision. She was prompt and to the point when needed, yet had a soft and understanding side as well. I appreciate that it was not pressured to just jump in. She wanted to know that I understood how everything worked.
Just be open and honest with your concerns or questions.
I am a 41yo who has been TTC for 1 year. I have no children. My husband has 3 children. We have been married for 1 month!! I finally met a man who wants to have children and I can't get pregnant... I went into this with little to no knowledge other than the internet, blogs & Instagram. My regular OBGYN's were no help, their only answer was see a fertility doctor. With not having insurance, I wasn't even sure that was a option for us. Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me. I was embarrassed that my husband had to work & could not go with me. Would she think that I was the only one interested in having a child? Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating. I learned things that I did not know, which I was able to share with my husband. She expressed her empathy with my feelings and concerns. I feel like she understood where my heart was coming from. She was honest & discussed the percentages of me getting pregnant on my own. What our options were &where would be the best starting place. We discussed the best financial options for us. She advised me to have a few test done elsewhere to save money. She was not pushy with getting me to sign up or make a commitment that day. She encouraged me to think about the options & talk with my husband. Upon leaving she gave me her card and wrote in her email address in case we had any other questions. We have decided to continue and will definitely be using Dr. Patel. Her staff has also been helpful and very responsive.
I have done 3 cycles of clomid before seeing Dr. Patel, so we made the decision to start with labs to see what is going on with me. She found a few items of concern. So, I am starting thyroid medication, a HSG procedure and my husband is doing a sperm test. We will wait for all of the results and schedule a follow up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens)
She has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
On my first visit, I had a specialist copay. They did labs as well that day, which my insurance covered. Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00. The sperm test was $140.00 I believe.
N/A - We haven't gotten this far.

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Denis] explains it very well based on studies, researches etc. All based on your age, previous treatments, diagnosis, and others. I trusted in him and he convinced me that eSET was the best for me. It only took one for me to get pregnant on my first transfer with him!...Ask as many questions as you want... he will answer them! He has the facts, studies, examples, pictures ready for your appointment. I've been with different doctor (two previous failed transfers) and he was THE ONE that gave me my positive test on my very first transfer of this cycle. I'm very thankful and would definitely refer him to friends.
Strengths [at ACRM]: OMG! They have the best facility!...Love that they order only the necessary meds so you don't end up with left overs. They let you make appointments on both locations for your convenience. You'll have your nurse contact information and you can reach her anytime. They were really sweet and the called to let me know I had a positive pregnancy test :) Weaknesses: Not sure if they have one. Trying to think of something but I can't find anything relevant that bothered me. I'd say it's the fact that they don't work with your insurance. Let's say my EOB would say I could have a discount but it was up to them to accept it and they never did.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Well... to start with... he speaks portuguese as well. So it was nice to be able to speak our native language for a change. He is very kind, compassionate, but he can also be direct and he'll definitely tell you the whole truth. Ask as many questions as you want... he will answer them! He has the facts, studies, examples, pictures ready for your appointment. I've been with different doctor (two previous failed transfers) and he was THE ONE that gave me my positive test on my very first transfer of this cycle. I'm very thankful and would definitely refer him to friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
Don't hesitate to ask him questions. He works on both Buckhead and Perimeter location. So try to schedule where it's best for you. That's a plus :)
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
IVF Protocol Antagonist: - Started birth control pills on my CD3; - CD11 last birth control pill; - CD12 Baseline and bloodwork; - CD15 Started stimulation injection meds subcutaneously: 225IU of Gonal-F 1 Vial of Menopur (mixed with 1ml of saline) - CD20 (DOS6) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD20 (DOS6) Started Cetrotide 0.25mg injections; - CD22 (DOS8) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD24 (DOS10) Ultrasound and bloodwork; - CD24 (DOS10) Last injections of Menopur, Gonal-F and Cetrotide. - CD25 (DOS11) They put me on Cabergoline 0.5mg (1 tablet) for 8 nights because of high estrogen levels (risk of develop ovarian hyperstimulation symptoms); - CD25 (DOS11) Triger shot - Novarel 1,000 units subcutaneous at a specific time according to egg retrieval time; - CD25 (DOS11) Triger shot - 1hour later I took 4mg of Lupron (80 units) subcutaneous; - CD26 (DOS12) Triger shot - 12hours later I took the second dose of Lupron 4mg (80 units) subcutaneous - CD27 Egg Retrieval day (28 eggs retrieved; 23 mature; 20 fertilized; 11 made it to blast (5 were frozen on day 5 and 6 were frozen on day 6); all 11 were sent to PGS testing; 8 were normal and 1 did not get a reading (candidate to be retested in the future). - (CD1) 9 days after egg retrieval my period started ; - (CD2) Started birth control pills; - (CD12) SIS/Trial transfer appointment; - (CD17) Last birth control pill; - (CD19) Baseline and bloodwork appointment; - (CD20) Started Estrace 2mg (twice a day); - (CD26) Started Estrace 2mg (3 times a day); - (CD32) Midcycle ultrasound and bloodwork appointment; - (CD34) Started PIO (Progesterone sesame in oil 25mg); - (CD35) Increased PIO to 50mg; - (CD36) Started Medrol (Methylprednisolone) 16mg once daily, for 5 days; - (CD38) Bloodwork appointment (check progesterone and estrogen levels); - (CD39) Transfer day ( Transferred only 1 healthy PGS tested embryo); - (CD49) First pregnancy blood test; - (CD51) Second pregnancy blood test; - (CD54) Third pregnancy blood test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Kent)
They will give you a nurse that will be yours during your treatment there. Mine was out for a few days and when I called they gave me the nurse on call. I guess I was lucky because then I had two nurses to talk to and send emails with questions. Either phone or email they were very responsive. You can always get a hold of something if you need something.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strengths: OMG! They have the best facility! Also very well qualifies professionals (including embryologists). Love that they order only the necessary meds so you don't end up with left overs. They let you make appointments on both locations for your convenience. You'll have your nurse contact information and you can reach her anytime. They were really sweet and the called to let me know I had a positive pregnancy test :) Weaknesses: Not sure if they have one. Trying to think of something but I can't find anything relevant that bothered me. I'd say it's the fact that they don't work with your insurance. Let's say my EOB would say I could have a discount but it was up to them to accept it and they never did.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
I'm not able to tell the price because we used Attain finance program instead of payment directly to the clinic. But from where I recall: - Medications were self paid (I'm not sure but I don't think we reached the $5,000.00 we thought we would reach for the whole cycle- retrieval and transfer); - Anesthesia was also self paid ($515); - Preliminary Testing (i.e. Trial Transfer and SIS), also self paid; - For the baseline, biopsy and transfer a total of $16,540.00 - PGS is $1,950.00 (screening of up to 6 embryos and shipping); I guess that would be something around $25,000.00 (not included preliminary testing if you need it).
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
He explains it very well based on studies, researches etc. All based on your age, previous treatments, diagnosis, and others. I trusted in him and he convinced me that eSET was the best for me. It only took one for me to get pregnant on my first transfer with him!
Andre Denis
Atlanta Buckhead

Dr. Calhoun is always so kind and remembers personal things about your journey. You're never just a number...She makes you feel a lot better about a process that it's already extremely difficult to deal with. She is always so optomistic, which puts you in a better mindset. She has went above and beyond for me with everything...She is extremely knowledgeable and will make sure you have all of the answers you need...I was on Letrozole, Clomid, and Dexamethasone. The first 3 cycles were clomid and dexamethasone, the next 4 were all 3, and the current one is Letrozole and dexamethasone. I've always responded well with the Clomid, but it always thinned out my lining. I would trigger for ovulation after my mid cycle results came back and the IUI would be around 24 hours after. I have had failed cycles each time.
for IUI alone [at ACRM] I paid around $500 each time. I received bills all throughout the month for things like ultrasounds and bloodwork...One of the biggest strengths is how compassionate they are. This is a very scary and overwhleming process and they're with you every step of the way. Our next step is IVF. It is very expensive so we keep doing IUIs while saving up, but I dont feel as if we've exhausted all of our options to get there yet. I'm not sure if we've tried all the medications we can, for my husband and myself.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr Calhoun is very kind and compassionate. She makes you feel a lot better about a process that it's already extremely difficult to deal with. She is always so optomistic, which puts you in a better mindset. She has went above and beyond for me with everything.
Express any concerns and ask any questions you may have. She is extremely knowledgeable and will make sure you have all of the answers you need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin)
Everyone was so kind and were always very informative. While it's easy to feel alone in this scary process, they always make you feel like they're always by your side every step of the way. They are all so understanding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
for IUI alone I paid around $500 each time. I received bills all throughout the month for things like ultrasounds and bloodwork.
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr.Calhoun was absolutely amazing! She always made me feel comfortable , hopeful , and that she was as invested as we were. She always does an awesome job explaining our treatment and next steps. She is quick to adjust plans as needed. She has truly impacted our lives greatly and motivated me want to go into this field and help others the way she is helping us!!...always makes me feel like I matter and that my treatment is number one even though I know she has other clients. I truly believe she wants me to become pregnant as badly as we would like to be.
She [nurse at ACRM] was super responsive and caring!!...My appointments are anywhere from $110-200 Ultra sounds are anywhere from $150-300 In house blood work was $100 a test...Everyone always makes you feel welcomed and cared for! I don’t have any complaints of weaknesses that I have at with this clinic. I love our doctor and care team. Everyone is super responsive and helpful...We started with trying leterolze. I was not producing any mature eggs so she bumped up the dosage. Still no production or mature eggs so went to highest dosage. After that wasn’t successful she tried combined cycle of leterzole and clomid for five days. Again nothing so she Bumped up the dosages to the highest of both medications for ten days. Went in and finally had some mature eggs. We did a trigger shot and I ovulate for the first time ever but the cycle was not successful in a pregnancy. We went back to 10 days of clomid & leterzole. Nothing was growing so starting at a low dosage of gonal - f for seven days. Two eggs were maturing so we did a trigger shot. Currently in Two week wait.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
Dr.Calhoun always makes me feel like I matter and that my treatment is number one even though I know she has other clients. I truly believe she wants me to become pregnant as badly as we would like to be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Maria )
She was super responsive and caring!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
My insurance didn’t cover any fertility treatments. My appointments are anywhere from $110-200 Ultra sounds are anywhere from $150-300 In house blood work was $100 a test
Atlanta Buckhead

Dr. Patel is very compassionate. She's always patient and never made us feel rushed. ... One thing we noticed is her challenge with providing detail in email communication/conversation. There were times where she didn't fully communicate what would be happening, and there were some surprises we came up against that we weren't expecting. ... After our initial consult and blood work, I was diagnosed with a severely diminished egg reserve at age 34. 0.3% to be exact. ...
ACRM is good at the following based on my experience: explaining protocols and surgery/procedure prep; follow up after surgery; they're pretty good at explaining financial responsibilities. ACRM could work on: overall communication (after our last retrieval, we were told we had 2 embryos by our doctor, only to get a call an hour later from the embryologist saying we only had 1. The mix up was heartbreaking. We eventually found out that the 2nd egg fertilized but not until the next day)
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is very compassionate. She's always patient and never made us feel rushed. She took the time to answer our questions, and explain next steps and courses of action. One thing we noticed is her challenge with providing detail in email communication/conversation. There were times where she didn't fully communicate what would be happening, and there were some surprises we came up against that we weren't expecting.
Do your research on your condition, if one is identified. Don't be afraid to fight for what you need, you're the best advocate for yourself. If something feels unsure, ASK!
Dr. Patel has a great bedside manner. She's compassionate and careful, but also communicates realistically. At this point, we feel we can trust her.
After our initial consult and blood work, I was diagnosed with a severely diminished egg reserve at age 34. 0.3% to be exact. We were thankful to have found this out early on. From there, Dr. Patel put me on one month of priming with estrogen, and the next month was my egg retrieval. I was put on the highest dose of gonal, menopur + omnitrope. She retrieved 4 eggs, 3 fertilized, and 1 embryo was determined to be genetically normal. We transferred it back the following month, but got a negative pregnancy test. So we immediatly moved into retrieval #2. Since my body didn't respond as well to the highest dose of drugs, my protocol was a lower dose of gonal + omnitrope in addition to clomid + letrazole. 6 eggs were retrieved, 2 fertilized but none made it through the week. She also found that my uteran lining was thinner this go round than last, likely due to chlomid side effects. We took a break from IVF for a month and plan to try again. This time with either little or no chlomid to prevent a thin lining, and we will do a day 3 fresh transfer vs freezing to see if that makes a difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meaghan Kent)
Some of the nursing staff was great, and we felt like they were compassionate and caring. Our main nurse was really hard to get in touch with. She rarely used an out of office email reply which caused confusion and frustration a few times when we needed info quickly. Our care coordinator was pretty responsive, but there were times when we had insurance related questions where she wasn't very helpful.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Cycle #1: $26,899.39 - meds, visits, retrieval, testing + transfer Cycle #2: $23,954.96 - meds, visits, retrieval
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Our main nurse wasn't that great at communication. And there were times we needed info quick, and she didn't have an out of office reply set so we had no idea she was gone. We've had a pretty good experience with Dr. Patel, aside from her vagueness in communicating at times.
Marietta

She [Dr. Fogle] is knowledgeable and wants to see the best results for her patients, at least that's how I felt. ... We did the 1st round of clomid with timed intercourse but that was not successful. Then she told me we need to do IVF but I felt like I wanted to try a few more rounds of Clomid with a trigger shot first, I actually begged for that.
The front office staff is very nice. The clinic [ACRM] is very welcoming. My experience was good. I would definitely recommend someone to this clinic. ... I was given an appointment to a different location that is too far from my house, and when the nurse said I can come to the Perimeter location, they could not locate my appointment
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
She is knowledgeable and wants to see the best results for her patients, at least that's how I felt. Even though I felt like IVF was being pushed more than any other treatment options. I wish IVF would not be the 1st treatment option that is given to the patients.
Ask a lot of questions. You are your own advocate
She was very upfront and she seemed like she cared and wanted the best results for me, that's more than I can say for another RE I had previously
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sharon Ball)
She seemed very quiet and most of the time when I emailed her I always got "Out of the Office" response. She seems to be out of the office quite abit.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The front office staff is very nice. The clinic is very welcoming. My experience was good. I would definitely recommend someone to this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
The whole treatment is too expensive especially for someone like we whose insurance does not cover fertility. Also I compared HSG testing cost to the another clinic and ACRM charges $491 more
Atlanta Perimeter

After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not [Dr. Bansari Patel]...She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not...I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
My first assigned nurse [at ACRM] went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule...Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching...I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not. In fact my care was borderline negligence. I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
Don’t get distracted by her compassion for your situation and promise of success. Ask all the questions you need to and insist on having her direct info as her staff or main office line operators don’t seem to have authority to put you through to your own doctor in any event.
After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not dr. Patel. There seemed to be constant staff vacations or turnover which resulted in being able to speak to an actual human being over the phone impossible.
Estrogen 2 mg beginning day two of cycle. Progesterone two weeks later followed by injectable medications. Clomid for my husband for 8 to 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
My first assigned nurse went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule. It took her being sick and the her sub to get all this done in one day. After that it returned to almost zero communication and me having track her down to get half an answer. Patient care coordinator never answers the phone and is constantly out of office.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic was private, clean and did not allow children out of respect for patients feelings dealing with infertility. Location where procedures were done was clean and state of the art. Technicians and nurses there were pleasant and professional. Location was also very central making it easy to visit no matter where you are coming from. Billing department is a separate representative who sent me a work up of my costs in a massive email document written In technical and clinical terms that was very difficult for a person who is not a doctor to understand. This was also sent just a few days before payment was expected in full.
I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected. Everything was listed in medical and clinical terms that I couldn’t not understand so I had to call the representative to explain them to me which was still confusing as nobody had even fully gone over my protocol with me in a way I could understand. Also this payment was expected in full before I even started my injectable medications. These costs were also outrageously inflated compared to my current clinic and most clinics I researched.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I was basically given a huge packet of paperwork with no real understanding of what most of it meant or what items applied to me. Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching. Several times I would spend the day on the phone bouncing from one answering message to the next. I was never informed of Changes to the nurse staff which led to even more confusion. This was a heartbreaking experience for my husband and I as well as losing a full cycle of time to leave this practice to find a proper one. I also want to point out that this was three times the price of the clinic im with now
Marietta

I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room, when I did my consultation and [Dr. Carpenter] kept checking her text messages and breaking off while talking to me to do so. At first I liked how she mapped out the course of treatment, but then I found out she told me a lot of wrong information (which medication, antibiotics, which labs they would run and which they wouldn’t because my obgyn had already run, etc)...
I was REALLY disappointed with my care at ACRM. They don’t seem to have their act together. This is such a stressful issue, the very least I would expect is for them to have some organization and compassion. And I shouldn’t have to email 3 times to get a response from a nurse. If the policy is to respond to email in 24 hours, actually stick to it, and if you don’t apologize for taking so long to respond. Also...there should be someone somewhere who answers a phone. If a patient is freaking out about finding out what location they were supposed to be at because they don’t call or send reminder/verification messages for appointments, the patient should at least be able to reach a receptionist
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
If she isn’t paying attention to you, tell her that you are paying for the consultation, you expect her to be present. Also, ask her what you should do if anything changes from what she is telling you along the way (should you tell your nurse, etc)
I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room, when I did my consultation and kept checking her text messages and breaking off while talking to me to do so. She gave me information which later ended up being incorrect, her office canceled my HSG appointment and couldn’t reschedule it so they outsourced me to another place (not one of their locations), they scheduled my initial appointment and didn’t tell me which location (indicated it was with my original location but it was not).
Initially she told me they would do a base ultrasound on day 3, along with a panel of hormones, etc. She told me she wouldn’t redo tests my doc had already done (she did though because apparently she doesn’t put anything she says in the system). She then told me they would set up the HSG and the MidCycle ultra sound and blood work at the same time and I should take the antibiotic a day before the HSG and continue until I was done with the course (5 days) this changed because she never noted it in my file and forgot what she told me. I would go on letrozole on my 3rd day of my cycle, come in for an iui (maybe do a trigger shot depending on my follicial size st my mid cycle).
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri was my nurse and abelina was my patient care coordinator)
I was pretty disappointed with their scheduling. My care coordinator was nice, but the office had some serious issues with scheduling. My HSG (which I scheduled at the beginning of my cycle) got cancelled and they couldn’t reschedule - I had to go to Northside Hospital radiology to get it done instead, which was really disappointing
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
It’s definitely not cheap. It was about 1500 for intial blood work and ultrasound, 1500 for the HSG, 500 for midpoint ultrasound, 499 for iui, etc
Describe Sue Ellen Carpenter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
No idea

2013 - 2019, Unknown Success
For years, she [Dr. Lisa Hasty] told me to lose weight. I finally got my act together and got my BMI below 30 and she immediately started us with IVF with ICSI, PGS and frozen embryo transfer. We realized I had hydrosalpinx and needed to have my tubes removed before implantation. I am having surgery...She is very warm and welcoming and truly made you feel that she cared. She gave me hope and made me believe we were going to have a baby. I didn’t see her very often but she made up for it when I did see her. She took her time and I never felt rushed. She seemed to really be invested in my life and the outcome of my family.
[The nurse at ACRM] was hardly ever in the office. In fact I would send emails to her for two reasons...1 - to see when she would be back and 2 - to beg for further information. She was not helpful, compassionate and I felt like her emails were restricted to a 140 character limit with her responses...When she finally got around to sending me my protocol for a second cycle, it was too late for me to arrange for my medications in time...The clinic is very nice with a beautiful waiting room. The exam rooms are pretty average but fine for an ultrasound. They had me in and out of there very quickly with each visit and they usually called back as promised with results of blood work.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Go ahead and come with all the questions you want to ask. She’s willing to talk through everything.
Dr. Hasty herself was wonderful. Her nurse, Michelle DeLoach, acted like she didn’t have the patience to be dealing with something so silly as helping someone fulfill a lifelong dream while spending their entire savings.
For years, she told me to lose weight. I finally got my act together and got my BMI below 30 and she immediately started us with IVF with ICSI, PGS and frozen embryo transfer. We realized I had hydrosalpinx and needed to have my tubes removed before implantation. I am having surgery in July.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle DeLoach)
Michelle DeLoach was hardly ever in the office. In fact I would send emails to her for two reasons...1 - to see when she would be back and 2 - to beg for further information. She was not helpful, compassionate and I felt like her emails were restricted to a 140 character limit with her responses.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
Insurance covered some but PGS testing, cryo and storage, and some medications were extra.
We have not yet gotten to that stage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
My nurse, Michelle DeLoach, was not in the office often. When she finally got around to sending me my protocol for a second cycle, it was too late for me to arrange for my medications in time.
Lisa Hasty

2018 - 2019, Consult
I felt that I was just another number because of how quickly I felt things were moving [with Dr. Andre Denis]. Of course, I want things to move quickly because we obviously want to conceive. Although he is very cordial, I felt that he was almost rehearsing a memorized speech for people choosing IUI and IVF...He has been nice, informative, and very open about what the next steps would be...If I had to choose, I probably would have chosen a woman doctor to have, probably because I would just feel more comfortable, not that Dr. Denis has made me feel uncomfortable in any way. He has been nice, informative, and very open about what the next steps would be.
Everyone has been very nice [at ACRM]. I just wish some would remember to smile :)...Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Ask all the questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I felt that I was just another number because of how quickly I felt things were moving. Of course, I want things to move quickly because we obviously want to conceive. Although he is very cordial, I felt that he was almost rehearsing a memorized speech for people choosing IUI and IVF.
We haven't gotten this far in the treatment process, but I did flag on labs regarding my adrenal glands. I had that lab retested, and he told me before hand if the DHEA was still elevated, he would want me to get an MRI, which is the next step for me right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi Parikh)
Everyone has been very nice. I just wish some would remember to smile :)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Very nice. Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
I had to pay co- pays each time, but my insurance covered most of my labs and most of my husbands labs. We had to pay OOP for semen analysis and some genetic labs. I have Anthem BCBS, and we are still working through what is covered, etc.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I was expecting to be notified about initial labs drawn last year. These were complete work up labs. I had emailed my nurse coordinator about them, and she told me they were all normal. When I went back to the consult after these had been drawn, I was notified that something was NOT normal, my DHEA, specifically something regarding my adrenal glands. If I had known sooner, I felt that I could have had labs redrawn sooner and had an MRI sooner, but my husband and I also decided to take a break around this time. When I had my HSG, I had to call the after hours number because my prescription for antibiotics had not been called in. The NP was very quick to call me back and tell me she would take care of it right way, and the next day I got a phone call that my meds were ready!
Andre Denis
Atlanta Perimeter

I came to Dr. Calhoun after 3 unmonitored clomid cycles with my OBGYN. She recommend further testing HSG (came back good), SIS (came back good), SA was good. She suggested IUI with Letrozole. Our first IUI had 3 follicles, but a surprising low SA. It was a fail. She did further testing on my husband, found low testosterone and prescribed him Clomid. Second IUI had 2 follicles and good sperm counts, but was a fail..has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Strength is it’s [ACRM] large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept...My nurse had changed in my time at ACRM. The new nurse, Cailin is nice, but doesn’t seem very organized. I usually have to reach out to her for results, etc, and sometimes feel unclear about the information I get from her. Often another nurse will contact me with results or specific treatment information. My care coordinator, Bernice, is nice, but really only schedules appointments.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She seems involved and caring even when others are providing treatment. I’ve only met her twice. Once at the consult and again when she did my second IUI. However, she still seems very knowledgeable and invested in my case and treatment
She might be a bit of a ghost doctor, but she’s sweet and wants to get you pregnant
Dr. Calhoun has a good bedside manner. You genuinely feels like she cares. I did an entire cycle (checks, SIS and IUI) where I saw a different provider at ACRM and she personally called me and my husband to check in and give feedback
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Cailin Wilder, Nurse and Bernice Care Coordinator)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strength is it’s large and has multiple providers and locations, so getting an appointment has never been an issue. Weakness is sometimes, you feel lost in the shuffle of different offices, providers etc. there isn’t much consistency. Another weakness is their billing/patient accounts dept.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
The costs for IUI quoted without insurance was roughly $1,000-$2,000. Whatever lab ACRM has onsite is out of network for both BCBS and Humana. So labs must be sent out or are an added fee
This has not been brought up in my treatment
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
My husband had a sample frozen. No one has been able to tell us the results of the sample or whether the sample is actually being stored. We prepaid the storage fee. There has been some mix ups with calling prescriptions for my husband and confusion and lack of communication regarding specialty pharmacies etc.