1800 Howell Mill Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
711 Canton Rd
Marietta, GA 30060
770.928.2276

After our second miscarriage (first under her care), she [Dr. Fogle] recommended a number of tests including karyotypes, glucose tolerance test, SCSA, and more. Dr. Fogle has reviewed the supplements I am taking (Vitamin D, DHEA, Coq10, Fish Oil, Dim Detox, L'arginine, Magnesium, Acai Berry) and adjusted some doses. She is also recommending a mini-stims IVF cycle with ICSI... We are patients that do research and come up with multiple questions; she has addressed them with patience. However, she didn't inform us about the risk of not obtaining a result upon sending the products of conception for genetic testing, and in my opinion, represented that there wasn't a male factor in our journey, when it was found later that there was upon doing further testing.
Both nurses [at ACRM] seem knowledgeable and answered emails and questions on an ongoing basis. The nursing staff is overall good and responsive but can sometimes take long to call with results...I wish they were more proactive in their recommendations. We were told that my husband's sperm was perfect with "slightly lower motility than needed" but that it wasn't an issue and we shouldn't concern with it, only to find out after our 2nd miscarriage, that he has a DNA fragmentation issue.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle is knowledgeable and doesn't rush through the appointments like other doctors I've had. She asks questions, is direct, eloquent and uses clear language while giving enough information in a non-condescending way. We are patients that do research and come up with multiple questions; she has addressed them with patience. However, she didn't inform us about the risk of not obtaining a result upon sending the products of conception for genetic testing, and in my opinion, represented that there wasn't a male factor in our journey, when it was found later that there was upon doing further testing. I believe we should've been warned that a test was missing that could show more later if we decided or needed to do it. For a long time, we assumed that we only had one issue and didn't work on improving the male factor. Dr. Fogle has an approachable personality. I would recommend her and for the time being intend to continue treatment with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Ask enough questions and be your own advocate. Dr. Fogle will listen and take your opinion into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle took the time to answer questions and explain things to us as we are informed patients. She also repeatedly reminded me that our prognosis wasn't as bad as I thought. She also performed a D&C after our miscarriage and was kind when I woke up from the procedure.
Describe the protocols Robin Fogle used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We did two medicated cycles with Clomid under Dr. Fogle's treatment and one IUI (actually performed by Dr. Hasty in ACRM). Looking back, the IUI should've perhaps been cancelled because husband was traveling on the more ideal day but she took in consideration our opinion and we didn't want to "waste a cycle." These treatments resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Fogle also performed a HSG and HSC (actually performed by Dr. Keenan). Upon getting pregnant naturally, Dr. Fogle performed ultrasounds and adjusted my synthroid dose from 75 MCG to 88 MCG after I asked for my TSH to be checked again. She also adjusted my progesterone dose upon my request. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. After our second miscarriage (first under her care), she recommended a number of tests including karyotypes, glucose tolerance test, SCSA, and more. Dr. Fogle has reviewed the supplements I am taking (Vitamin D, DHEA, Coq10, Fish Oil, Dim Detox, L'arginine, Magnesium, Acai Berry) and adjusted some doses. She is also recommending a mini-stims IVF cycle with ICSI. We plan to start this next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Barbrow and Suzanne Lloyd)
Megan and Suzanne are two nurses at ACRM and both are good communicators. Megan is a bit more responsive. Both nurses seem knowledgeable and answered emails and questions on an ongoing basis. The nursing staff is overall good and responsive but can sometimes take long to call with results. Our patient care coordinator is Vanessa Otamendi. She is really nice and very responsive as well. Some members of the staff taking care of blood work and other jobs besides communicating with the patients could use better bedside manner.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is organized, clean, and offers various locations for convenience of the patients. The nurses are good and responsive and the doctors are knowledgeable. The patient coordinators do a good job at knowing your cycle and when to schedule the different tests and appointments. The admin and finance staff could be better though. The OR at ACRM is top notch! I would definitely recommend them, from the nurses to the people doing follow ups. They were compassionate and clearly cared about the patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
We've paid out of pocket for fertility treatments since our insurance doesn't cover them. Diagnostic tests are covered. We believe that 1 appointment wasn't coded right as we were still discussing options and it was coded as IVF appointment because Dr. Fogle did provide the protocol she would suggest. However, we were still in a diagnostic stage. ACRM isn't particularly affordable but such is the cost of medicine in the US.
Describe Robin Fogle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Fogle and her clinic (ACRM) have a clear policy to only transfer 1 embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
We were specifically told by Dr. Fogle and Dr. Hasty that the genetic test post D&C would give us answers about what went wrong with the pregnancy. We were never told that the results could be inconclusive. We first found out about this option, when the nurse notified us that there had been maternal contamination and Natera would run again the sample. Needless to say, we didn't get any answers from the genetic testing post D&C. We were told by a nurse that a level of 8 is OK for progesterone although everything seems to indicate that lower than 15 is a problem. Not entirely sure if this is contradicting or inaccurate information. My TSH wasn't checked again to adjust my synthroid dose, until I asked during a second ultrasound while I was pregnant when the baby was already measuring behind. We were later told that although the number hadn't dropped enough, this wasn't the cause of the miscarriage or that the level didn't matter much. Finally, post-miscarriage the level has gotten under control. I would've prefer if they stressed the importance of the thyroid level being a certain number a little more. I wish they were more proactive in their recommendations. We were told that my husband's sperm was perfect with "slightly lower motility than needed" but that it wasn't an issue and we shouldn't concern with it, only to find out after our 2nd miscarriage, that he has a DNA fragmentation issue. I wish that they told us in advance after the 1st miscarriage and during the initial testing that there was another test for the sperm, even if not recommended at the time, but for months we relied on their advice focusing only in my fertility with lifestyle changes, acupuncture, etc. without knowing that he could've been making improvements as well. I believe it is important for doctors to qualify their statements. Saying there is no male factor knowing that there are further tests out there (SCSA) to determine something as important as the quality/DNA fragmentation is to me failing to disclose key information.
Atlanta Perimeter

From the day I met Dr. Hasty, I felt like I had known her for years! She was so friendly and inviting. She seemed genuinely eager to help us....I do not have one negative thing to say about Dr. Hasty. The knowledge she has in her field is astounding! But equally important, is her bedside manner. She made me feel important from my very first visit. Every time I left her office, she gave me the biggest hug. Those hugs gave me comfort and hope!
All of the ACRM clinics are so inviting and have a peaceful environment. For me, this was important because of the stress associated with infertility. It was nice to go in a calm environment. Additionally, I love that they do not allow children at all for the sake of their patients....Nurse Michelle Deloach was always extremely helpful when I had questions or concerns. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to e-mail her directly and get a response within hours.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
I would advise any new patient to go in with questions written down. More than likely she will answer them all before you have a chance to ask. The amount of information she can provide can be overwhelming at a first visit, but in a good way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Dr. Hasty started with two rounds of Letrizole for my treatment, because conceiving had not been my issue in the past. Unfortunately, I was not able to conceive during those months. She suggested IVF, but that is where my treatment stopped because we could not afford it at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Deloach)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My insurance covered all preliminary tests. Once I began fertility pills, each ultrasound and exam was approximately $500. Had I been able to go through with IVF, the medications were going to be $6,600 and the IVF procedure in total was going to be approximately $17,000.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Keenan showed a great deal of compassion when I had my miscarriage. It was in that moment that I truly saw how much he cares for his patients. He always treats me with such respect and dignity. It was my fear that my doctor would look on me with pity but instead he just tries to be proactive.... We have done three rounds of our UI with letrozol. Two out of the three rounds we did a trigger shot the day before. Getting the timing right with this has been very stressful for me because I have to drive two hours just to get to Dr. Keenan‘s office.
The clinic itself [ACRM- Johns Creek] is very nice. Parking is easy and the waiting room comfortable. The front desk staff learn see you are very quickly and welcomes you when you walk in the door. I’ve never had a long wait they normally get you in and out pretty quickly. Also really appreciate that they ask that people do not bring children into the waiting room. Find that very respect.... Each round of our UI is approximately $2000, The trigger shot is almost $200 each time, and just a consultation with Dr. Keenan is around $150 every time we see him.
How was your experience with David Keenan at ACRM?
Dr. Keenan showed a great deal of compassion when I had my miscarriage. It was in that moment that I truly saw how much he cares for his patients. He always treats me with such respect and dignity. It was my fear that my doctor would look on me with pity but instead he just tries to be proactive. He is respectful and soft-spoken. And I have never feel that he is going to give up on me even when I feel like giving up myself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Keenan at ACRM?
He comes across as having a tough outer shell but I truly believe that he has a soft center and really cares for his patients. I would also tell them to never worry about asking him too many questions. Honestly doesn’t mind being asked.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Keenan at ACRM?
The staff and doctor are very considerate and professionally with me. I sometimes feel rushed while I’m there and because there are so many patients there is little flexibility with appointments. Over, I am happy with how I am treated especially because this has been such an emotional and heartbreaking experience.
Describe the protocols David Keenan used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We have done three rounds of our UI with letrozol. Two out of the three rounds we did a trigger shot the day before. Getting the timing right with this has been very stressful for me because I have to drive two hours just to get to Dr. Keenan‘s office. The first round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot worked but resulted in a miscarriage. We are working really hard to save up to try another round after the second two failed. IVF Will be the next step if we can save up enough money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
Sherry and Stephanie were the two nurses that I saw most often. They honestly became like friends and one of my biggest support systems. I live two hours away from the Johns Creek office in the north Georgia mountains. I often times have to wake up at five in the morning just to get there for a quick appointment or to get my blood drawn. These two ladies knew this and we’re very compassionate and understanding. They got to know me on a personal level and would ask questions and check on me. I felt human around them and not just some test subject.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic itself is very nice. Parking is easy and the waiting room comfortable. The front desk staff learn see you are very quickly and welcomes you when you walk in the door. I’ve never had a long wait they normally get you in and out pretty quickly. Also really appreciate that they ask that people do not bring children into the waiting room. Find that very respect.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Keenan at ACRM.
Treatment has been extremely expense. I have insurance but my insurance covers nothing associated with infertility. Each round of our UI is approximately $2000, The trigger shot is almost $200 each time, and just a consultation with Dr. Keenan is around $150 every time we see him.
Describe David Keenan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Something like this will be one of our next steps if you can save up enough money for I’ve.
David Keenan
Johns Creek

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Calhoun] was/is always attentive, let’s you speak, and she always takes notes.... Another thing I really like is she’s always prepared, she knows your history and remembers it. She’s looking at you when speaking, not at her computer. She also takes the time to draw things out so you can visually see the treatment, not just words on paper.... All four of my IUIs had a Letrozole leadin, my body responded well to the drug with little to no side effects.
All of the locations [ACRM] are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule.... They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of).... They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked.... My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
The day I met her I immediately felt connected. She’s very kind, funny and yet a straight shooter. Those are qualities I must have in a Dr of this nature. Another thing I really like is she’s always prepared, she knows your history and remembers it. She’s looking at you when speaking, not at her computer. She also takes the time to draw things out so you can visually see the treatment, not just words on paper. She’s very positive and empathetic and you feel like you have a friend in what can be a very dark scary journey. I haven’t had success yet, but I will stick with her because of who she is and how she treats you. She sees you as a human being going through a tough time and she’s willing to help any way she can. I also need to mention she isn’t in any way pushy, she lets you go at your own pace and make your own choices.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
To trust her. Infertility is scary and hard. It’s difficult to understand but with. Dr like her, you can trust her advice and methods.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I felt like a human with her because I never felt gushed when speaking to her. She was/is always attentive, let’s you speak, and she always takes notes. I feel like with her my thoughts, concerns etc are important and in turn she takes the time to clearly explain and respond to all of them. She makes the effort to ensure you understand what’s happening and next steps so that you aren’t scared.
Describe the protocols Kathryn Calhoun used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
All four of my IUIs had a Letrozole leadin, my body responded well to the drug with little to no side effects. Also two trigger shots only be my follicles we’re ready yet I hadn’t gotten a positive surge on my OPK. Then post IUI we did progesterone suppositories b/c my bloodwork showed lower progesterone. I have also had two uterine reservations due to a septum. First being before my first IUI then again before the 4th IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Megan Kent)
My nurse was Megan Kent and she was fantastic. Very much like Dr. Calhoun, you could ask her anything and she never made you feel like it was a dumb question or if it was repetative, she did not seem bothered. For me this was a big deal b/c as you go through all the tests, instructions, etc it can get very confusing and you are so full of hope, you want to ensure your are doing everything right to ensure your biggest dreams will come true. Megan was always direct and explained things very well and was also good with giving tips too. With my clinic sending questions, etc via email was the way to go b/c I liked to have things documented to refer back to and also b/c if you called the nurse, it would always go to voicemail and they would call you back later in the day. I did not care for the voicemail but I did understand the reason behind it.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has 4 locations within the Atlanta area and I have been to three of them due to my cycle sometimes causing the IUI to take place on a weekend or holiday. To me this is a HUGE plus to have many locations all easily accessible. Reduces the stress big time! All of the locations are nicely decorated and have peaceful quiet waiting rooms. They do not allow children to be brought inside and I very much appreciate this rule. They have a very easy check in and out process with very kind people working there (all 3 locations that I know of). They offer water and have bowls of candy out. It is a very different enviroment than any other Dr office. You feel more at home and relaxed b/c it is not sterile and the decor isn't from 1975. They are also able do all lab work in-house which eases stress of having to go yet another place to get poked. They provide ample handouts on your treatment so you know what is happening when and how. They take the time to ensure you know exactly what is happening and why as well. I can honestly say I don't know of any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
In total for 4 IUIs, we've spent close to 9K. Breakdown estimates below after insurance which covered diagnostics only: Baseline - $200 Midcycle - $350 Insemination - $500 Sperm Analysis - $140 Blood work (various) - $100 each, has several per IUI Trigger Shots - $100 Hysteroscopy surgery (2) - $1500 each

2015 - 2018, Successful
Review of
I have PCOS and I remember him telling me that my weight or the diagnosis would not stop me from becoming a mom. When we meet with him covers all the facts and explains all the possible outcomes.... My second egg retrieval was devastating because we ended up with nothing,but I understand that these things happen.... After having the ERA test done that was performed by Dr.Toner I went on to conceive twice after having four unsuccessful transfers.
The strength of ACRM is their efficiency and organization. The only weakness I would say is the technology of clinic. I think that they should update some of the machines and exam rooms,but other than that I love it.... I cant say enough great things about my nurse. I absolutely,positively love her!! She has helped me through so many ups and downs in this infertility journey. She is more than a nurse,I can call or email her and she always gets back to me.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
Dr Toner gave me hope when one of his colleagues completely dismissed me. I have PCOS and I remember him telling me that my weight or the diagnosis would not stop me from becoming a mom. When we meet with him covers all the facts and explains all the possible outcomes. He supports whatever decisions we make and have gotten us through some pretty tough times. ACRM's lab does not accept our insurance so we had to have our third egg retrieval at another clinic. Although we were able to get some eggs I felt more comfortable just paying the money to go back to ACRM. My seventh egg transfer will be March 13 with Dr.Toner and I wouldnt have it any other way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jim Toner at ACRM?
He's a very kind man,and definitely knows what hes talking about. He will give you hope when other wont.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jim Toner at ACRM?
My team is absolutely amazing! Dr.Toner and my nurse Mikesha Middlebrook have always treated myself and m husband as more than just patients. We have a very long and complicated history,but they've always been there for us. I suffer two second trimester losses due to an incompetent cervix and they both came to the hospital and just sat with us. It meant the world to me that in my lowest moment they were there for us.
Describe the protocols Jim Toner used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
My second egg retrieval was devastating because we ended up with nothing,but I understand that these things happen. Trial and error. I was triggered too early and my eggs hadn't had time to mature. After having the ERA test done that was performed by Dr.Toner I went on to conceive twice after having four unsuccessful transfers. My protocols for egg retrieval is to stim slow and steady to prevent OHSS. Transfer protocol is very simple estrogen tabs,followed by six days of PIO before transfer. My ERA results showed that I needed an extra day of PIO before transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha Middlebrook )
I cant say enough great things about my nurse. I absolutely,positively love her!! She has helped me through so many ups and downs in this infertility journey. She is more than a nurse,I can call or email her and she always gets back to me. Shes been there for me and my husband through transfer after transfer,loss after loss. She held my lifeless baby in her arms and Ill never forget that. She goes above the call of duty and I am so grateful to have her as my nurse. She is truly is an extraordinary woman and definitely a huge contributor to ACRM's success.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
I have no complaints with the time frame of monitoring. It makes sense that they are done first thing to ensure that patients with consults later on in the day get the full attention they deserve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
Right now Dr.Toner i covered under my insurance but not the lab. That part has been a bit of a disappointment,but Dr.Toner offered us a 20% discount for what is not covered under insurance.
Describe Jim Toner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
I am a one at a time kind of patient. I understand after all the information I have now that if an embryo is genetically tested and transfer is at the right time,all it takes is one embryo. At my age and having genetically tested embryos I understand that it is safe for me health wise to transfer one embryo at a time.
Jim Toner
Review of

While she [Dr. Sue Ellen Carpenter] is compassionate, she does not sugarcoat facts...which to me, is the best combination. She is straight forward with your chances of success but will do everything to help you have that success.... She was hopeful that we would have success - and we did get pregnant. When I saw her in the middle of my miscarriage, she took extra time with me to make sure I knew it wasn’t my fault and that I was doing everything right. She was so incredibly compassionate on the worst day of my life - so glad she is my doctor.
It’s [ACRM- Atl Perimeter] very busy - but it’s easy to get an appointment when you need it. They’ve got it down to a science! There are also several campuses so if you’re unable to get into one office, you can likely get in to another - even at a moment’s notice.... he nurses always returned my calls or emails within a few hours. My primary nurse talked to me twice on the day of my miscarriage and called back the day after to check on me.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
While she is compassionate, she does not sugarcoat facts...which to me, is the best combination. She is straight forward with your chances of success but will do everything to help you have that success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
Dr. Carpenter is phenomenal at balancing the hard facts of infertility with the compassion needed to deliver those facts. She doesn’t sugarcoat things but is very compassionate in how she relates to her patients.
Describe the protocols Sue Ellen Carpenter used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We had one successful pregnancy after a round of femara and are now awaiting our first IUI due to endometriosis. We are hopeful the femara with IUI will be successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Bernice)
The nurses always returned my calls or emails within a few hours. My primary nurse talked to me twice on the day of my miscarriage and called back the day after to check on me.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It’s very busy - but it’s easy to get an appointment when you need it. They’ve got it down to a science! There are also several campuses so if you’re unable to get into one office, you can likely get in to another - even at a moment’s notice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
So far, we have only been though one treatment with femara in which case the specialist copay is all that has been required so far. She did, however, give us a cost estimate for our IUI process.
Describe Sue Ellen Carpenter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Sue Ellen Carpenter
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr Fogle was fantastic. She reviewed our history and discussed test results with us. Together we decided on a treatment plan. Although she wanted to go to IVF with PGS to get us the best results, she was supportive when we suggested a less aggressive route. She altered her treatment based on my outcomes. When I had a pregnancy that developed into a MMC, along the way Dr Fogle was kind and honest. She supported my emotional distress and then was like a cheerleader when we had success later.
Testing done by the clinic [ACRM-Atlanta] gave us insight into why we were unsuccessful on our own. The Perimeter location is improved after they moved to floor 6. Parking and entering the campus where the facility is located is annoying due to construction in the area.... I did go through 3 different primary nurses while under Dr. Fogle's care. However, each nurse was fantastic. They were prompt with responses, skilled with their care and informative. My care coordinator was Vanessa and was the best ever.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Letrozole and timed intercourse worked for us as I was ovulating but had a poor or weak ovulation. Dr. Fogle treated my low progesterone in my MMC cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
I did go through 3 different primary nurses while under Dr. Fogle's care. However, each nurse was fantastic. They were prompt with responses, skilled with their care and informative. My care coordinator was Vanessa and was the best ever. She was prompt, professional and caring. She juggled the schedule changes we had without any complaint. My only complaint would be about the staff doing the blood draws. The overall care provided by acrm was outstanding and the blood draw staff was in stark contrast to that. Although they weren't rude, they also were not friendly or warm. The blood draws were often rough and I bruised after several.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
We had success before we went the IVF route but I trusted Dr. Fogle and her staff 100%. Testing done by the clinic gave us insight into why we were unsuccessful on our own. The Perimeter location is improved after they moved to floor 6. Parking and entering the campus where the facility is located is annoying due to construction in the area.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I had conflicting information given to me on my letrozole cycle. At CD15, I had an ultrasound to check follicle growth and another doctor did the ultrasound as Dr. Fogle was out of the office that day. The other doctor advised that I had a thin lining and wanted me to take estrogen supplementation to improve my lining in advance of my IUI. I advised that I was doing TI, not IUI. The other doctor still recommended estrogen supplementation. Later that day, Dr. Fogle's nurse called with the bloodwork results and advised my estrogen was good and no supplementation was needed.
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Denis had terrific bedside manner. He was always prepared to see us and would in depth explain our procedures....You don’t have to walk in as an assisted reproductive technology pro. He will give you your options and let you make the decision.... When our first and second transfer didn’t work he wanted us to take as long as we needed. He was always sympathetic and knew just how heartbreaking the process was....
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
He was kind, prepared, and genuinely wanted to help us achieve our #1 goal of having a baby. He never rushed us and always answered every question we had. He never pushed protocols on us but have us options so we could make the decision. When our first and second transfer didn’t work he wanted us to take as long as we needed. He was always sympathetic and knew just how heartbreaking the process was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
You don’t have to walk in as an assisted reproductive technology pro. He will give you your options and let you make the decision. There were so many times I remember him saying this is a personal decision that I can’t make for you. Also, be prepared with questions. If you have them he will take the time to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr. Denis had terrific bedside manner. He was always prepared to see us and would in depth explain our procedures. We really felt like he was rooting for us to have a baby.
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I’m unsure the name of the protocol.but I was on menopur (2 vials daily and 375 iu of Gonal f. I then added cetrotide between day 6 and 8 and triggered the night before. What’s listed above was for my second retrieval because I handled the first so well they almost doubled my meds to see if we could get even more eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi Parikh)
I loved Tulsi (primary nurse) and raquel (patient care coordinator). She always got back to me right away and if it was something I was freaking out about she would forward to the other nurse or respond on her day off. There was no question to dumb.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I honestly love ACRM. The only person I ever felt slighted by or had a problem with was the financial counselor. I would have questions and it would take her days to respond. She was a little snappy and just not friendly. When you’re spending $20k out of pocket I guess I expect a different level of service. Other than that the clinic is very organized! They get you in and out and stick to your appointment time. During monitoring appointments I saw Dr. Hasty a few times and she was an absolute delight. Dr. Fogle did both of my retrieval’s and I always felt comfortable with her and Dr. Keegan did a fibroid surgery I had to have. All of them were great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We did have some insurance coverage but a lot was paid out of pocket. Close to 20k for 2 full cycles.
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
My doctor was very honest that with my age being under 35 I did not need to transfer more than one embryo. Because of the strong possibility of multiples we always listened to him.
Atlanta Buckhead

Dr. Fogle was very informative. She spoke to me in layman's terms as much as possible so I would understand. She would listen to my questions/concerns and base her discussion on that. She explained the process very well and was straightforward with the information I needed to know, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear....Dr. Fogle did have a preference to do only one embryo transfer. She explained that the process they go through before the transfer ensures that only the healthiest embryos are used.
The clinic [ACRM] is very knowledgeable and has a good reputation. They worked with me on scheduling and even did some phone consultations with me. They were all very informative and showed genuine care and concern for me. They were sensitive to my needs while also straight-forward so I understand exactly what was best for me. The only weakness I would say is that I didn't seem to get as much assistance from the finance team as I needed.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Feel confident that she will be straightforward with your options and not give you false hope.
The Dr and assistants seemed to genuinely have an interest in my needs and issues. They explained things in the amount of detail needed for me. They took as much time as needed to answer questions. The only reason that I didn't rate the highest rating is that while they did great in person, it was sometimes difficult to get responses over the phone. However, it is disclosed that the phone is not the best method of communication.
I did not reach the point to actually go through a cycle. I was diagnosed with diminished Ovarian reserve and therefore my only option was to do donor egg. While I had several testing procedures done, I did not go through any treatments. I was ready to schedule the IVF with donor egg until I was unable to continue due to running out of funds. Dr. Fogle did give me a protocol to follow with some vitamins and supplements and medicines that would help for when I was ready. I was given details about the process I would go through as well as a pamphlet of information that I was able to take with me so that I would know exactly what my next steps were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mirrin Reagan)
All of the staff that I communicated with was very helpful (with one exception). I spoke with Donna Jackson, Megan Barbrow, Vanessa Otamendi, and Michelle Johnson and they were all very helpful. The one exception was the initial finance person that I spoke to. I cannot remember his name but he was a man and was no longer there the last time I
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic is very knowledgeable and has a good reputation. They worked with me on scheduling and even did some phone consultations with me. They were all very informative and showed genuine care and concern for me. They were sensitive to my needs while also straight-forward so I understand exactly what was best for me. The only weakness I would say is that I didn't seem to get as much assistance from the finance team as I needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I spent approximately $2500 on initial testing and visits. This was out of pocket as my insurance covered some of it. I was given a chart of what procedures I would need to go through for one embryo transfer using donor egg. This was approximately $18,000. I was unable to move forward with that cost and did not look into financing options yet.
Dr. Fogle did have a preference to do only one embryo transfer. She explained that the process they go through before the transfer ensures that only the healthiest embryos are used. She also explained the problems that could arise if multiple embryos are used and result in multiple babies.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Kathryn Calhoun] is very knowledgeable and able to explain the science in an understandable way. However, she has some weaknesses. First, a lot of expensive tests are performed. I have been to 3 different fertility doctors and I know that all the tests are not necessary every time. I live almost 2 hours from the clinic and being required to come in so frequently really disrupts my work schedule and it costs a lot of money. They like to perform the tests so they have data.
They [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
She is very knowledgeable and able to explain the science in an understandable way. However, she has some weaknesses. First, a lot of expensive tests are performed. I have been to 3 different fertility doctors and I know that all the tests are not necessary every time. I live almost 2 hours from the clinic and being required to come in so frequently really disrupts my work schedule and it costs a lot of money. They like to perform the tests so they have data. Second, she is quick to move to more invasive procedures like IVF, ignoring when I tell her I can't afford it right now. Finally, she was extremely insensitive regarding a potentially blocked tube. Instead of listening to my concerns and working with me to come up with a solution, she became scientific and spoke about removing both tubes which would make pregnancy without IVF impossible for the rest of my life. This is very distressing to a person navigating infertility. I went to another doctor who performed a test finding both tubes were open and healthy which indicates that there was no need for her to resort to such scare tactics.
Do your research and don't be afraid to get a second opinion.
Dr. Calhoun is very smart. However, at ACRM they are very clinical. The whole process feels like a laboratory experiment. They have a protocol for everything and there isn't much deviation from the protocol, regardless of individual situation.
We did 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days and then an IUI, but she wasn't hopeful (I am a great candidate for IUI) and spoke of moving to IVF before the IUI even occurred.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
They didn't seem to communicate with each other. I called the care coordinator with my negative pregnancy test results and the next day the nurse called to ask if I had any results. They are also VERY hard to get a hold of. Reaching someone is an all day process.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They are very sterile and clinical. Even the room where the male is supposed to provide his specimen was very uninviting. I have seen others that are large, have a couch, and look like a normal room in a house and even have a sound machine so you feel like you have privacy. This one was tiny with a small chair and a sink, bright lights, and you could hear the staff outside the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
$1750 each IUI cycle not including the medication and multiple different blood test.
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Denis has made this whole IVF process bearable. We started the process to undergo IVF PGD/PGS after our son was diagnosed with Cystic Firlbrosis. Because of what he has to go through every day, we decided we wanted to grow our family, but we didn’t want to bring another child into this world to battle the disease. ... The strategy was not to overstimulate me because we were able to conceive naturally. However, we wanted to get enough eggs so that we had a good sized sample to grow to the blastocyst stage and from there, send to biopsy. Once the results came in, we moved forward with preparing my body for transfer.
Working full-time, I was concerned about flexibility. I was worried I had to go to the Buckhead office [of ACRM] instead of Perimeter which was on my way to work. But the clinic was flexible, and I was in-and-out of my appointments so that I could still make it to work on-time.... My nurse and care coordinator were excellent. They have been accommodating, encouraging... they have been our cheerleaders as Dr. Denis has as well.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Dr. Denis is passionate about reproductive medicine. You can immediately tell he takes great joy helping families. Dr. Denis takes the time to explain the process thoroughly, what to expect, and has this way of just making you feel like everything is all right.
You are in the best hands with Dr. Denis. If you’re feeling anxious, or have a list of questions, Dr. Denis will sit down with you and show you every facet of the process in a calm manner.
Dr. Denis has made this whole IVF process bearable. We started the process to undergo IVF PGD/PGS after our son was diagnosed with Cystic Firlbrosis. Because of what he has to go through every day, we decided we wanted to grow our family, but we didn’t want to bring another child into this world to battle the disease. The risk just wasn’t worth it. Before the egg retrieval, I was a nervous wreck. I despise needles and became incredibly unnerved. However, Dr. Denis has this amazing way of just calming his patients down and setting expectations. There were times my husband and I felt anxious, frustrated, but we would meet with Dr. Denis and felt so at ease. We feel that without him, and his encouraging team, the process has been one we have thoroughly enjoyed.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Working full-time, I was concerned about flexibility. I was worried I had to go to the Buckhead office instead of Perimeter which was on my way to work. But the clinic was flexible, and I was in-and-out of my appointments so that I could still make it to work on-time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
The monitoring appointments were set according to windows. It was helpful because it allowed me to set expectations with my boss at work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We unfortunately had to pay most of our IVF our-of-pocket because our insurance doesn’t cover it. So, we have spent between $25,000 - $30,000.
In my case, identical twins run in my family. So, we whole heartedly agreed to do a single transfer to avoid the risk of triplets or even quadruplets.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Calhoun is amazing. She’s thoughtful yet tactfully direct.... Diet adjustment for PCOS; letrozole with dexamethazone; we added to the dosage with each cycle to get me ovulating properly; added trigger shot; added IUI step; then added IVF consult pending this last try for IUI doesn’t work.... Calhoun is honest but so compassionate. She makes me feel very comfortable and informed. Love her!! She takes time to explain all the details and her team is consistently on top of my schedule.
This clinic [ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] is amazing. Everyone on the team and partner doctors make a great effort to stay informed of each patient. Information is shared very well with partner doctors if your main is unavailable... Very organized. Considerate of each patient. Beautiful facility. Consistent across all other locations. I always know what to expect. Staff is amazing!! Consistent. Thorough. The nurses and partner doctors take excellent notes so no matter if I see my normal doctor or not, the treatment continues well and with ease.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr. Calhoun is amazing. She’s thoughtful yet tactfully direct. She fully explains treatment options and what’s best for you specifically. She doesn’t just loop you in with the stats but really takes a full, wholistic approach to individual treatment needs.
Ask questions. Trust the process.
This clinic is amazing. Everyone on the team and partner doctors make a great effort to stay informed of each patient. Information is shared very well with partner doctors if your main is unavailable. Calhoun is honest but so compassionate. She makes me feel very comfortable and informed. Love her!! She takes time to explain all the details and her team is consistently on top of my schedule.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Bernice Allen)
They consistently follow up with me on my progress, test results, appointments, lab results, everything. They communicate with me directly and efficiently. Always with compassion and professionalism.
1300 for an IUI cycle; 600-1000 for medicated natural cycles; 10-20k IVF
Atlanta Perimeter

Dr. Hasty is compassionate and caring physician. During consultations with her I felt she was very thorough and familiar with my file. Unfortunately, my interactions with her were very limited and I dealt more with the nurse staff...If you are looking for a lot of direct communication and expect to see your doctor during most appointments, this may not be the right decision. That said, the Dr. Hasty is very knowledgeable and will put you at ease when you do see her.
ACRM Buckhead facility is new and modern. Scheduling an appointment is typically easy and their hours of operation are friendly to the working professional. When working with this clinic, you will deal more with the care team and not as much directly with the doctor...There were times that I wish I was given more information. For example, they would schedule an appointment but I wasn't informed on what type of appointment or what to expect at the appointment unless I asked. Blood test results were communicated as normal but I would have to follow up for specifics. Overall the team was friendly, I just wished for more detailed communication.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty is very compassionate. While I didn't actually interact with her often during treatment, when I did I felt as though she was familiar with who I was and my file.
Prescribed Metformin as my labs favored PCOS. Two cycles of Letrozole and cycle timing. Two IUIs, one of which produced a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My insurance didn't cover anything so I paid out of pocket for everything. I believe an IUI cycle was roughly $1,500.
Atlanta Buckhead

Robin [Fogle] analyzed our specific situation by looking into our medical history, based on her findings she recommended certain testing to ensure our eligibility for testing and gave us her opinion on success rates of patients with similar medical issues. Dr. Fogle customized a treatment plan and for us with future trials taken into account.
The nurses [at ACRM- Atlanta Perimeter] were very organized and professional in the office. However patient outreach and compassion for patients personal situations were not taken into account. We received very little communication from the office In terms of updates.... This clinic very much runs like a corporate office. Payment and scheduling is very mechanical, not at all personal. On the other hand it is very organized and the facilities are very clean. The setting is professional, but not personal.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle was very outgoing and friendly. She was clear in explaining the testing process and procedure. She decided on an appropriate course of action according to our specific situation and kept a very positive attitude.
To come with money for the entire procedure. To pay in segment becomes complicated.
interfacing with the doctor was very personable and all the information about testing and procedure was thoroughly explained. However this particular clinic did not put in much effort in terms of outreach when we were in testing. No updates or inquiry as to what happening with us. All contact was left completely up to us. We feel this was due to a lack of sensitivity to our financial situation, in that we didn't have money to complete the entire process from start to finish.
Robin analyzed our specific situation by looking into our medical history, based on her findings she recommended certain testing to ensure our eligibility for testing and gave us her opinion on success rates of patients with similar medical issues. Dr. Fogle customized a treatment plan and for us with future trials taken into account.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
The nurses were very organized and professional in the office. However patient outreach and compassion for patients personal situations were not taken into account. We received very little communication from the office In terms of updates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
This clinic is expensive, and no consultation, test or treatment goes unpaid before the next can begin. Very difficult for financially troubled people to work with.
Atlanta Perimeter

I’ve done two IUI’s [with Dr. Kathryn Calhoun]...She thoroughly explains everything and has met with me multiple times throughout the process to make sure we are on the same page. She speaks to you with empathy and a problem solving attitude. She makes you feel like you don’t have to worry because she has everything under control...I like that she checks in with her patients regularly throughout the process...She has me get a baseline ultrasound and tests my estrogen. I then go on clomid (2 pills a day, for 5 days). I go back for another ultrasound that determines the day of the trigger shot. I have my IUI the day after the trigger shot. I haven’t needed additional progesterone so far. No pregnancies yet but the success rates typically go up the more you do IUI.
[ACRM-Atlanta Perimeter is] a very well oiled machine. They always get me in and out very quickly, I’m rarely there start to finish longer than 30 minutes. The staff is all kind and very friendly. The blood draw nurses make me feel at ease and all the doctors are kind and very knowledgeable. They answer all my questions and make me feel confident...She [nurse] is very communicative and prompt at responding to voicemails and email...It’s around $1700 per cycle of IUI before insurance.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
I like that she checks in with her patients regularly throughout the process. There was an error with some bloodwork testing in the lab which delayed our first IUI cycle by a full month. She took full ownership even though it wasn’t her mistake. She even made our first IUI cycle free and covered the cost of the testing that had the error. I feel this speaks to her character and desire to make her patients happy. We didn’t ask for her to cover the cost so we very much appreciated that she did.
This process is not easy. You have to go into it 100% commited to the process. Be ready for many many visits to the clinic! But also be prepared to have a knowledgeable, empathic doctor who will advocate for you.
I’ve done two IUI’s. She has me get a baseline ultrasound and tests my estrogen. I then go on clomid (2 pills a day, for 5 days). I go back for another ultrasound that determines the day of the trigger shot. I have my IUI the day after the trigger shot. I haven’t needed additional progesterone so far. No pregnancies yet but the success rates typically go up the more you do IUI.
She is very communicative and prompt at responding to voicemails and email.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
It’s a very well oiled machine. They always get me in and out very quickly, I’m rarely there start to finish longer than 30 minutes. The staff is all kind and very friendly. The blood draw nurses make me feel at ease and all the doctors are kind and very knowledgeable. They answer all my questions and make me feel confident.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
It’s around $1700 per cycle of IUI before insurance. Testing costs vary and I can’t remember at this point.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I mentioned the mistake with the blood testing earlier in my review. That pretty much covers what happened. They did forget to call in my trigger shot but I was able to get it called in last minute and it didn’t affect my treatment.
Atlanta Perimeter

She [Dr. Calhoun] remembered details about our lives and asked/expressed interest in really getting to know us. When we completed our initial extensive testing she explained everything in great detail on a level that was extremely easy to understand and we had a plan outlined for us based on those results. We saw her at every appointment throughout our IVF cycle and she was available if needed by phone to answer any questions or discuss anything that our nurse couldn’t. She was, in my opinion, the type of person you’d want leading you through this difficult and typically lengthy process.
[ACRM was] Excellent overall. Though I only had experience with one doctor and clinical team, I did have intermittent interaction with some of the other doctors and nurses who were all helpful and caring. Even coordinating billing/financial aspects of it was very smooth and he billing department was easy to get in touch with and work with you to figure out any issues...Our IVF cycle was uncomplicated- I don’t remember the exactly medications but everything seemed to work just as planned.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Dr Calhoun is amazing. She made the experience so person and did not make us feel like just another couple trying to conceive. She remembered details about our lives and asked/expressed interest in really getting to know us. When we completed our initial extensive testing she explained everything in great detail on a level that was extremely easy to understand and we had a plan outlined for us based on those results. We saw her at every appointment throughout our IVF cycle and she was available if needed by phone to answer any questions or discuss anything that our nurse couldn’t. She was, in my opinion, the type of person you’d want leading you through this difficult and typically lengthy process.
Be patient. It is a difficult and lengthy journey most of the time but Dr Calhoun will be with you every step of the way and truly cares to see you end up with a positive outcome.
The experience was very personal. She remembered details about my husband and my lives outside of the fertility world and asked questions/showed interest in really getting to know us. She always seemed genuinely invested in our process.
I don’t remember exactly. I initially took clomid but prior to my IUI that cycle she noticed the endometrial lining of my uterus was too thin so the IUI was cancelled and I was switched to another medication with worked well. We did 2 unsuccessful IUIs and Dr Calhoun was very honest to tell us she didn’t see any benefit in continuing with IUIs because given our fertility issue the chance of it working was slim to none and she felt as though we would be wasting our money to continue. Our IVF cycle was uncomplicated- I don’t remember the exactly medications but everything seemed to work just as planned.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
90% of the time the communication was excellent. There were times she would not respond for several days to my emails which was frustrating st times but overall was a good experience
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM.
I don’t remember specifics- but our total IVF cycle with meds was around $20,000. IUIs were around $500 each time I believe. They also charged between $100-300 for ultrasound monitoring and several hundred for blood work monitoring each time.
Describe Kathryn Calhoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
She strongly recommended a single embryo transfer given my younger age and higher chance of success at the time.

Review of
Dr. Toner listens very well. He doesn’t come off as “too good” to talk to you. He makes the somewhat awkward conversations that come with infertility feel effortless not intrusive. If you have questions come prepared with them or email him after and he is quick to respond...He was frank with us when he said that there wasn’t much chance and IVF was a better route for us due to the stage of my endometriosis. We had labs and ultrasounds throughout. Everything looked great but no pregnancy. At least we were prepared for that, though, since he had been very up front about what he thought our chances were.
The practice [ACRM] does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially...they take insurance...was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind...The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
How was your experience with Jim Toner at ACRM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions he will thoroughly answer them all.
ACRM was very welcoming. Every staff member calls you by name and is kind. Dr. Toner took the time to listen to what I was saying and really answer our questions. He was also prompt about following up with emails when I had additional questions after appointments. I felt he genuinely cared about my input and like it was a team effort to grow our family and my husband and I have both felt very comfortable at all times.
We did a cycle of Femara. We decided against IUI for the cycle hoping everything would happen on its own. He was frank with us when he said that there wasn’t much chance and IVF was a better route for us due to the stage of my endometriosis. We had labs and ultrasounds throughout. Everything looked great but no pregnancy. At least we were prepared for that, though, since he had been very up front about what he thought our chances were. He was also very positive about moving forward with further treatment and caring. When we found we could get IVF for lower cost elsewhere he also agreed to do our monitoring so it could be made more affordable for us. Highly recommend him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
All of the staff have been great. The phlebotomist who draws labs is great. I can’t even really feel her stick me to be honest and that’s saying something since I’m kind of grossed out by needles. The nurse is always ready to return an email or call and the front desk lady is the absolute best. It’s just really streamlined and everybody does their job very well. It’s a cohesive unit- they just work well together.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Yes, they take insurance. Yes, they do a money back program. Everybody here is really nice. The office is very comfortable. There is a parking lot. The office is not difficult to find. Getting an appointment isn’t difficult. Everybody here is very kind so don’t worry!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jim Toner at ACRM.
My insurance paid for some things. My femara cycle I had to pay for bloodwork and part of my meds and it was about $1,000 after insurance.
The practice does money back gaurantees if you go through one of their programs so eSET is actually possible financially. He only does multiple transfers after several failed cycles or after a certain maternal age. I think this makes good sense medically since it lowers risk of complications for mom and baby and since the risk for identical twins is still higher even with that eSET.
Jim Toner
Review of

I love Dr Hasty. She is a kind and compassionate Dr who genuinely makes you feel supported and like you have a good chance at being a mother. She spends time explaining they basics (and beyond) and never makes you feel rushed or like she does not have time.... We did 4 rounds of medicated IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. We got pregnant on our second round but that resulted in a MC. After the MC we did two more round and then decided to move on to IVF. We did our retrieval a couple of weeks ago. Protocol was Menopur and Gonal F, with a dual trigger of Leupron and HCG. We were not given rationale for this protocol, but I will say that I never felt any discomfort during stims and I came nowhere near OHSS, despite the fact that I have 15 (or so) follicles.
The great thing about ACRM is that they are open 7 days a week so you are always able to get in for monitoring.... Laura [a nurse] is easily accessible and very knowledgable. She is typically quick to respond and in the case that she is OOO, there is always someone you can reach out to in her absence.... We did 4 rounds of medicated IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. We got pregnant on our second round but that resulted in a MC. After the MC we did two more round and then decided to move on to IVF. We did our retrieval a couple of weeks ago. Protocol was Menopur and Gonal F, with a dual trigger of Leupron and HCG. We were not given rationale for this protocol, but I will say that I never felt any discomfort during stims and I came nowhere near OHSS, despite the fact that I have 15 (or so) follicles.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Prepare all of your questions and do your SART research.
Dr. Hasty's bedside manner is amazing. She is encouraging, kind and patient. After leaving my initial consult, I felt like she was completely invested in helping us conceive. Every visit I have had with her since (and there have been several) has been the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura is easily accessible and very knowledgable. She is typically quick to respond and in the case that she is OOO, there is always someone you can reach out to in her absence.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Having only been to one clinic, it is tough to call out strengths or weaknesses. That said, I have enjoyed me experience with Dr Hasty's office and staff and would recommend it to someone who is beginning their journey and looking for answers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
We are luck to have insurance coverage for the procedures. That said, when all is said and done, we will likely still pay about $10K OOP.
Describe Lisa Hasty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
None yet - we have not done our transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Because my insurance does not cover the in-house lab at ARCM, there were a couple of instances where I had blood drawn and sent out to a local lab for analysis. Ultimately, it would have been more helpful and timely if the labs were run in-house and I just paid the difference out of pocket, but the staff did not advise me to do that. While it did not delay or interrupt any of my treatments, it would have been helpful to be given clear advice on what to do. To anyone whose insurance does not cover in-house ACRM labs, I would suggest just having them run them in house. At times, the waiting for results can be stress inducing - in a process that already carries enough stress.
Atlanta Buckhead

Dr. Fogle is very compassionate. You would benefit from asking more technical questions every visit. Such as: "What's next? What are the risks? Is this what you expected?"... Dr. Fogle did not relay a risk in unfreezing embryos in the lab. We lost the one embryo we had put our hopes in due to it not surviving thawing. Because we did not realize this would be a possibility, we were blown out of the water by this loss.
I am currently opting to proceed with Egg Donation. While I was told the Bank was "in-house," [at ACRM] I was not informed about the low census, even after expressing the characteristics my husband and I are seeking. The profiles available are extremely limited (ie 2 Caucasian donors) - and I was not able to even access that information until I paid a non-refundable $400. Very disappointing and misleading.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
Dr. Fogle has a warm personality and I felt like she really listened to me and was invested in my desire to build a family.
Testosterone priming seemed to be beneficial in my cycles. Low-dose hormones did not work. That protocol was not productive.
My nurse/care coordinator Mikesha communicated effectively and with compassion. The surgery staff were exemplary and sent me a card after my miscarriage.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
STRENGTHS I really like Dr. Robin Fogle and that is the reason I have decided to continue my care at ACRM. Another strength is the surgery staff. The doctors and nurses made me feel comfortable during invasive, nerve-wracking procedures. They were informative, positive and compassionate after each retrieval, transfer and termination. WEAKNESSES The support staff in the office seem more concerned with payment, and in such a sensitive line of work, that is off-putting. While it is a business, there is a way to conduct it in a dignified manner. Expect to wait for your appointment, each and every time. A more effective way to streamline clients would be beneficial to patient satisfaction. The shots are consuming alone, so the less time interrupting one's work schedule for blood work/doctor visits would relieve some stress. Getting in touch with someone regarding protocol outside clinic hours is not easy. Seeing as the IVF process is not a 9-5 endeavor, there needs to be more responsive staff available outside "normal" business hours. One of my cycles was drastically changed because of a need to clean the ACRM Lab. I was already in the middle of my protocol when I was informed of this, and was given the option to cancel the cycle or double some medications to speed up the process and make the deadline before the cleaning. Pharmacy is very expensive and had I been informed I would have opted to wait until the Annual Lab cleaning was complete. Seems like that would have been on the calendar for ACRM for some time. As a result of the drastic change, that cycle was not successful. My body was so out of whack, I ovulated early. It was a complete waste of time and money. I am currently opting to proceed with Egg Donation. While I was told the Bank was "in-house," I was not informed about the low census, even after expressing the characteristics my husband and I are seeking. The profiles available are extremely limited (ie 2 Caucasian donors) - and I was not able to even access that information until I paid a non-refundable $400. Very disappointing and misleading.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
I have spent at least 30,000 for three rounds of treatment with Dr. Fogle. My insurance only covers a percentage of treatment, so this has been a major expense.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
One of my cycles was drastically changed because of a need to clean the ACRM Lab. I was already in the middle of my protocol when I was informed of this, and was given the option to cancel the cycle or double some medications to speed up the process and make the deadline before the cleaning. Pharmacy is very expensive and had I been informed I would have opted to wait until the Annual Lab cleaning was complete. Seems like that would have been on the calendar for ACRM for some time. As a result of the drastic change, that cycle was not successful. My body was so out of whack, I ovulated early. It was a complete waste of time and money. My first cycle was terminated on what was supposed to be Transfer Day. Our one embryo did not survive the thaw in the Lab.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Carpenter treats her patients 100% like humans. She ALWAYS makes sure her patients leave her office understanding their care plan and feeling comfortable with their plan. She's accessible and easy to talk to. And, she really genuinely cares about you as a person... Our retrieval was antagonist protocol with birth control. 225 IU of Gonal + 1 vial of Menopur for 6 days. Then, on day 7 we added 0.25 of Cetrotide for 4 days. We did a Pregnyl trigger injection. We opted for ICSI and did genetic testing. We froze our embryos to test/let my body recover from stimulation. This protocol resulted in 15 eggs retrieved and 5 day 5 embryos frozen.
ACRM is a very good clinic. Their strategy is coordinated care--so, you may not see your primary physician every time. But, information is shared and the physicians are great about working together. It's seamless. The rest of the staff is very friendly and helpful. You can pay bills online. And, their offices are very well appointed and comfortable. Also, they have several locations across metro Atlanta.
How was your experience with Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM?
My experience is ongoing, but it's been a great one. We've had setbacks and we haven't had the results we want yet, but I'm confident in our plan and I always feel like I'm a participant in the plan vs. just a patient.
She's very, very smart. Ask as many questions as you'd like and she'll always be ready with an answer. She cares about you and your journey--never hesitate to reach out if you're feeling overwhelmed.
Our retrieval was antagonist protocol with birth control. 225 IU of Gonal + 1 vial of Menopur for 6 days. Then, on day 7 we added 0.25 of Cetrotide for 4 days. We did a Pregnyl trigger injection. We opted for ICSI and did genetic testing. We froze our embryos to test/let my body recover from stimulation. This protocol resulted in 15 eggs retrieved and 5 day 5 embryos frozen. Unfortunately, our first IVF round was unsuccessful. We did a uteran septum resection after our failed attempt and are now waiting to transfer our second embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Bisciotti)
My care team at ACRM consistent for Sherri (primary nurse) and Timeka Carter (care coordinator). Sherri has been the most incredible support throughout this journey. She is easily accessible and answers my questions (or finds Dr. Carpenter) every single time. Timeka is also amazing. She knows my appointment preferences and always reaches out in a timely manner to help schedule my appointments.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sue Ellen Carpenter at ACRM.
My retrieval was about $14K. Each transfer is about $4K. My insurance (BCBS) is not covered for blood work, so each time I needed in-house labs, the cost was several hundred dollars. Through my insurance, only 'diagnosis' codes are accepted. So, monitoring and consultations are copay only. But, anything beyond that is out of pocket.
ACRM and Dr. Carpenter encourage single emrbyo transfer.
Sue Ellen Carpenter
Atlanta Perimeter
Dr. Denis is very personable and easy to work with. He is very knowledgeable in the field of infertility and spoke very openly and honestly about the process. He has been a wealth of knowledge and able to answer any and all questions we have had. He is a caring and warm Dr. who has a vested interest in our journey and has made this journey much easier...We are still on our IVF journey, but we have put of faith and trust in Dr. Denis.
I love that they [ACRM] are open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day)...The facilities are convenient and very up to date. The ease of booking an appointment is wonderful and the wait time is always minimal. Everyone in the office has a caring and compassionate demeanor which is very calming and encouraging. The entire staff is there to help if you have any questions. I can’t say enough wonderful things about ACRM.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
As a patient of Dr. Denis, I have felt very calm and at ease through this process (as much as possible). He explains things in a way that we understand and answers any and all questions we have. We had an IUI scheduled and another doctor was scheduled to perform it for us, but Dr. Denis rearranged his schedule for the day to ensure he was the doctor completing the IUI. During our first embryo transfer, Dr. Denis made a point to come in and talk with us before and his demeanor showed how invested he was with us. He has always been very compassionate and caring through every step of the process. At one point through our journey we did seek out a second opinion. After meeting with the other Dr. we could easily see the difference and what made Dr. Denis so special. We are still on our IVF journey, but we have put of faith and trust in Dr. Denis.
Be open and ask any questions you may have.
IUI- all three times I took 150 mg of clomid and did a trigger shot the night before the procedure. Throughout the cycle we had several ultrasounds to track the progress of my ovaries. IVF- I was taking a lower dosage of medication because I was at risk for overstimulating. I can remember exactly the medication I took, but I know for sure menopur and gonal-f. My medication also increased as I got closer to retrieval. We had several ultrasounds to track the progress as well. FET- I started with estradiol and increased the dosage as we went on. I also had Progesterone injections nightly. The FET was scheduled when the time was right hormonally and that was checked by Bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi)
Our nurse is amazing. She too has invested a lot of interest and compassion throughout our infertility journey. She is very prompt in returning emails and phone calls no matter the time or day. She even wrote me a letter that we received during our two week wait following our FET. I adore our nurse.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has been wonderful. The facilities are convenient and very up to date. The ease of booking an appointment is wonderful and the wait time is always minimal. Everyone in the office has a caring and compassionate demeanor which is very calming and encouraging. The entire staff is there to help if you have any questions. I can’t say enough wonderful things about ACRM. Plus, I love that they are open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
We have made several payments to ACRM. We have paid for initial infertility screenings, 3 IUI procedures, countless bloodwork and ultrasounds. We have paid for egg retrieval procedure as well as one frozen embryo transfer. We paid for genetic testing for 12 embryos and all of the medication for every cycle as directed.
Dr. Denis has a preference of transferring one embryo at a time due to my age and the quality of the embryos we have.
Atlanta Buckhead
Dr. Lisa Hasty has been a truly exceptional doctor. She is professional, knowledgable, warm, encouraging and trustworthy. I would not hesitate to recommend her to any woman experiencing infertility. I have experienced two miscarriages while under her care, both of which were due to a uterine septum. She treated me with compassion and caring in a way that I have not experienced from a medical professional in the past.
Although this clinic is very busy, they are always able to accommodate my requested appointments, get back in touch with me very quickly and are very patient to answer any questions. I highly recommend ACRM. They have multiple locations throughout Atlanta which helps for the number of visits required.... [Cost of Treatment] Full IVF retrieval with PGS testing upwards of $30,000... Dr. Lisa Hasty has been a truly exceptional doctor.
Go see her early!
Lisa Hasty has the warmest demeanor. She speaks to you intelligently and is willing to answer any questions. I never feel rushed when I have an appointment with her.
Two pregnancies from IUI protocol (using Letrozole) resulted in miscarriage both at 8 weeks due to uterine septum. Septum removal surgery performed by Dr. Keenan at ACRM. Multiple IUI's later with no pregnancies, I then underwent a two month follicle stimulation/IVF retrieval. Dr. Hasty used a very aggressive protocol for my retrieval based on my low AMH levels. We were able to retrieve 6 eggs, 5 of which were mature and fertilized, 4 made it to blast. We genetic tested 4 embryos and have two genetically normal embryos. Waiting for my first FET next month.
Full IVF retrieval with PGS testing upwards of $30,000
They have told me based on my age (32) they will only be transferring one genetically tested embryo at a time.
Atlanta Buckhead
Dr. Calhoun is easy to talk to, upbeat, positive, and understanding. She makes you feel as if she really cares about you not just the outcome. We trust her. My only complaint was I rarely saw her during my first cycle. It could’ve just been the schedule for those 12 days but after our initial consult apt where everything was set up, I didn’t see/hear from her again until she called about a week after the egg retrieval. Understand that this clinic is extremely busy and it didn’t affect my treatment but just being honest about how often you may see your actual doctor.
[at ACRM- Atl Perimeter] I was prescribed gonal f,menopur, cetrotide, and a dual trigger shot of Lupron and novarel. The first 5 days were just the gonal and menopur (2 vials). After that I started taking cetrotide on day 6 to prevent ovulation. My follicles grew very fast and I didn’t have much discomfort at all. Egg retrieval they got 26 eggs, 16 were mature and 8 more matured overnight in the lab, of that only 6 fertilized. Of that only 1 became a day 6 blastocyst. So disappointing results but for me apparently everything was good, it is a male factor issue. We are starting round 2 this week and she is changing my dose of menopur from 2 vials to 1. We are going to biopsy my husband for Sperm direct this time and see if that changes the outcome.
How was your experience with Kathryn Calhoun at ACRM?
Just know what you are getting, a busy group of doctors that rotate so you may not see her much depending on the time.
Dr. Calhoun is wonderful face to face. She had amazing bedside manner and treated us like people.
She had a strong preference for 1 embryo transfer, especially the first time.
Kathryn Calhoun

Dr. Fogle is very nice, understanding, and to the point about your treatment. My husband and I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Fogle...we have had two IUIs one failed round, and currently waiting on results for our second. Working ahead she has already worked with us to plan our next steps. She offers professional advice while also leaving room for our input.
Nurses [at ACRM] rotate, but My assigned nurse does most of the communication for test results...The nurses are very friendly. The doctors do procedures on a rotation so your main doctor isn’t always the one performing your procedure. However, all of the doctors we have worked with have been great...Sometimes it takes longer then is should for your patient coordinator to get in touch with you. Everyone in the office is very friendly from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave.
How was your experience with Robin Fogle at ACRM?
My best friend recommended Dr. Fogle to my husband and I in our quest for a child. When we first met her she was prepared with all of our information and test we had sent over. She was ready with a course of action to follow. She re-reviewed previous test results and found a septum in my uterus which she was able to correct. From there we have had two IUIs one failed round, and currently waiting on results for our second. Working ahead she has already worked with us to plan our next steps. She offers professional advice while also leaving room for our input. She has been great to work with.
Be open to all courses of treatment.
We did 100mg of clomid both rounds and a trigger shot to start ovulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Magen)
Nurses rotate, but My assigned nurse does most of the communication for test results.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Sometimes it takes longer then is should for your patient coordinator to get in touch with you. Everyone in the office is very friendly from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. The nurses are very friendly. The doctors do procedures on a rotation so your main doctor isn’t always the one performing your procedure. However, all of the doctors we have worked with have been great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Fogle at ACRM.
Treatment is ongoing but so in a ball park of $4,00 to $6,000.
Atlanta Perimeter
I very much enjoyed the consultation, in that Dr Hasty was very personable, positive, and seemed to care about us. I also saw her at my follow up ultrasound appointment and again felt very positively toward her and appreciated being greeted with a hug. However, the last I saw her was July and it is now October...Because there is no clear issue with my body nor my husband's, Dr Hasty reco's a few rounds of IUI. I appreciated that she didn't rush us into IVF, but I'd like to understand and see her broader strategy for us. Right now it feels very day-by-day.
We are self pay so this journey has been expensive so far. Ultrasound costs are confusing, as sometimes they are x price and another time they're y price even though the action is the same.... very nice often, responsive via email which is quite helpful. however, sometimes i am stuck waiting in the waiting room [ACRM] for a long time without communication. based on the amount we're paying them, faster service and communication in the office would be appreciated.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
ask how often you'll have facetime and request a clear plan of action
Treated with care and compassion. She was real, yet warm and understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle DeLoach)
She is straight to the point which is fine, but not much compassion and I dont get the sense that she is particularly interested in us or our success.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
very nice often, responsive via email which is quite helpful. however, sometimes i am stuck waiting in the waiting room for a long time without communication. based on the amount we're paying them, faster service and communication in the office would be appreciated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
We are self pay so this journey has been expensive so far. Ultrasound costs are confusing, as sometimes they are x price and another time they're y price even though the action is the same. they said they're looking for different things in each scenario, but that does not seem to be the case in reality.