Genetic counseling: Offered
480-413-2229
9819 North 95th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-874-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona to a friend?

2 doctors
How was your experience with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
I love Dr. Z! He is very candid but in a gentle way, and talks to you like you are a real person, not "just" a patient. He has a great sense of humor, and calls you directly with good news and bad news, rather than having nurses deliver messages. There are 3 doctors that rotate between the clinic locations, but Dr. Zoneraich is my favorite. I saw Dr. Larsen for a few appointments and he is a close second, he is warm and kind and takes the time to explain things in detail. I saw Dr. Kummer once at a follicle check for my IVF cycle that wasn't going well, and she was pretty blunt and negative about my chances of getting cancelled, not nearly as compassionate as Dr. Zoneraich or Dr. Larsen. I just didn't jive with her as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Don't be afraid to ask about additional procedures or unconventional treatments. Dr. Zoneraich was fairly aggressive with my IVF protocol and willing to try things that "can't hurt, might help." But when I asked about the ERA test before transfer he said that he didn't suggest it for people until they'd had multiple failed transfers. When I decided I wanted to do it anyway (I'd had 1 failed transfer with another clinic) he was totally supportive and agreed to do it. Same thing with PGS testing - he suggested it for me but was not pushy at all when I declined. He's fairly conservative but willing to discuss alternatives and flexible with your preferences.
Describe the protocols Nathaniel Zoneraich used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
Because of my age (39 at the time) and previous poor response at another clinic, Dr. Zoneraich suggested a microdose Lupron flare protocol, but also wanted to add in HGH/Omnitrope in hopes that it would help with egg quality. In my previous IVF at another clinic I'd started with a decent antral count, had many follicles but few contained eggs, and was unsuccessful. My cycle with Dr. Z also started with a good antral count, but my mid-cycle follicle checks showed only 3-5 follicles growing. We discussed canceling, but Dr. Z felt we should proceed if we had at least 3, and my husband really wanted to go for it. I'm glad I listened to them, because when I came out of anesthesia they told me there were 15 eggs. I made the nurse double check because I thought she'd mixed me up with another patient! I don't know how or why they all decided to grow in the 2 days between my last scan and retrieval, but was obviously thrilled. Of the 15 retrieved, 12 were mature, 7 fertilized, and 4 made it to blast - 1 excellent and 3 good. We did the ERA test at my request and learned that I was pre-receptive by 12 hours, and planned my progesterone timing appropriately for our FET cycle. We transferred 2 embryos, which led to our first ever positive pregnancy test. Sadly our betas didn't double and we lost the pregnancy very early. Because my tests are all fine, Dr. Z and I agree that it was likely due to chromosomal abnormality due to my age, as we did not do PGS testing. However, we were all encouraged by the fact that we finally were able to achieve pregnancy. We have 2 embryos still frozen, and plan to transfer them in 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
My IVF coordinator/nurse Sandy is awesome. She is accessible, informative, compassionate, and stayed on top of prescriptions with my multiple pharmacies. Her IVF support nurse Bree is also very easy to get in touch with and helpful. The clinic nurses are a bit more inconsistent, and seems to be a fair amount of turnover.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Advanced Fertility Care is the 3rd clinic I've been to, and definitely my favorite. You see a doctor at every appointment, and can easily/quickly reach your doctor via phone to speak directly with them. Sherri, their embryologist, is an absolute gem. In my experience, most embryologists are very technical and not super warm, but Sherri is the perfect combination of both and talked me off the ledge multiple times. The accessibility to your team of experts at this clinic is amazing and something I didn't experience at my previous 2 clinics. I do wish they had a more consistent group of medical assistance staff - part of that is that they rotate between the 3 offices, so sometimes you'll see new faces, but they are very frequently training a new staff member. They do a great job with their injection training! My previous clinic told me to watch the videos on Freedom Pharmacy's website; these videos are great, but I would have been so much more prepared if I'd had the personalized instruction like they do here. Their cash pay rates are quite expensive, I could not afford to use AFC if I didn't have insurance, but they have been such a pleasure to work with. And while I don't have a baby in my arms yet, Dr. Z helped me achieve my first ever pregnancy, and I'm hopeful that our next transfer will be successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Thankfully my insurance covered our IVF cycle with AFC, so our costs have been mostly limited to our deductible and out of pocket max.
Describe Nathaniel Zoneraich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Dr. Zoneraich refers to the ASRM guidelines, and agreed with my preference to transfer 2 embryos, since I was 39 and the embryos were not PGS tested. For PGS embryos, I think he prefers single embryo transfer regardless of age group. In the "IVF packet" of paperwork given prior to your cycle, they included testimonials of a patient that had a multiple gestation and had difficulties/premature birth. They definitely want their patients informed of the risk!
Mesa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
[Dr. Zoneraich] encourages eSET for PGS embryos and even has a packet with a story of a patient who begged him to transfer 2 PGS embryos and she ended up with triplets and it was a rough go for her (her words) in the beginning...personally called me with my pregnancy results and would always call back within the hour if he was on call and I needed anything after hours. He outlined a very personalized plan for me that ended up turning out exactly how he predicted.
I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and bled every week until I was 18 weeks pregnant. Sandy [nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] was always available to discuss this and made me feel better without over-exaggerating that things would turn out ok...Everything is cutting edge and perfectly coordinated. Even though I am an RN, the injection teaching was very helpful and the staff made sure to go over everything with me and were all always very professional. Costs were always discussed ahead of time and were never a surprise.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I feel Dr. Z is extremely up-to-date with effective IVF protocols and does not waste your time or money with extra “fluff” that hasn’t been proven to work. As an RN myself who works in an area that encounters other women who have gone through IVF with other doctors, I really felt that Dr. Z and his protocol was very personalized and evidence-based. He did give me 3 options at the start and I initially was going to do IUI but I had 5 mature follicles and I was scared to chance the risk of multiples. I was also surprised that I had that many follicles with my diagnosis of probably early diminished ovarian reserve. I was scared that I wouldn’t produce enough follicles. When I decided to do IVF because I felt like Inhadnmore control, I was astonished to have at least 10 mature follicles for each ovary during my scan. I asked how this was possible with my low AMH but they said they would rather see me have a high AFC with an low AMH than a normal AMH and a low AFC. My AMH was 1.15 at age 34. At my egg retrieval I ended up with 24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertilized (conventional), 6 made it to day 6 and 3 were normal via PGS. We transferred one embryo and are blessed with a beautiful baby girl.
Have faith in the process and do everything in your power to follow the protocol exactly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Z personally called me with my pregnancy results and would always call back within the hour if he was on call and I needed anything after hours. He outlined a very personalized plan for me that ended up turning out exactly how he predicted.
I don’t specifically remember but I know I used birth control, lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F, Pregnyl trigger, estrogen patches, PIO injections and progesterone suppositories. I also used a prenatal vitamin, aspirin 81 mg and abstained from all caffeine until my second trimester.
I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and bled every week until I was 18 weeks pregnant. Sandy was always available to discuss this and made me feel better without over-exaggerating that things would turn out ok.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Insurance at the time covered $5000 of any fertility treatment and I paid around $14,000 for my IVF cycle (some of that was included in the $5k because all I did prior was Clomid and monitoring because I decided not to do IUi). My medications were around $5000.
Dr. Z encourages eSET for PGS embryos and even has a packet with a story of a patient who begged him to transfer 2 PGS embryos and she ended up with triplets and it was a rough go for her (her words) in the beginning.
Mesa

The nursing staff [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] was always friendly, thorough, and helpful... with the second IUI we never heard anything from the clinic (so we assumed everything was fine), when we came in for the insemination we were told that the doctor was in a meeting...and a nurse practitioner would perform it instead, and then we only found out the extremely low numbers from the second IUIs sperm sample after our negative pregnancy test (when I asked about it). That lack of communication the second time around was very disappointing. A few months after our failed IUIs we were lucky to find out that my husband’s company’s insurance had great coverage for all infertility testing and treatment. When
How was your experience with Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Kummer made sure we were always fully informed of our treatment options, the success rates, the cost, and how many times we could stay with our current treatment before it would make the most sense to move on. She presented all the information by talking through it in the clinical way and then breaking it down to explain in further detail what it meant for us with our specific diagnosis, male factor. As she was breaking down our treatment options she used our results from our diagnostic testing to break down the different procedures and success rates using visuals as she explained. Knowing we had a lower chance of success with IUI, but knowing the financial leap it would be to go straight to IVF, she did a great job counseling us on how many times to try IUI upfront. During our first cycle the numbers for our sperm count was not ideal for IUI and Dr. Kummer did a fantastic job delivering that news in a way that presented us with the options for such a delicate situation. My husband was able to come back in prior to the IUI to produce another sample to help improve our numbers (unfortunately it was still unsuccessful). When we came in for the actual procedure she conveyed that although our numbers were on the lower side for what they like for IUI they would be perfect for IVF, but if this round was unsuccessful one (maybe two) more tries at IUI could possibly work. I loved that she was realistic and was there to support our decisions through this process. It was comforting that she was giving us insight using our results from these failed cycles to help inform the decisions we were making for what to do next. We could tell that Dr. Kummer wanted the best results for us and was there to support our treatment decisions without pushing for going straight to IVF or doing countless rounds of IUI. Once we had our second round of IUI that was unsuccessful we made the decision to pause our treatment as we save the money for IVF. When we reached out to Dr. Kummer she was so wonderful as she gave us some next step information, answering our financial questions (so we could come up with a plan specific to our needs), and let us know that if we had any questions we could always arrange an in person meeting to go over them. As a patient the experience was always positive and I always felt like I could reach out with any questions or concerns that came up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
One piece of advice I would give a prospective patient is to expect that you may not see Dr. Kummer every time you come in, the way the clinic is structured you will be seen by the other two doctors as well. They are all wonderful, so it was never an issue for us, but if you are expecting to only see Dr. Kummer for every appointment that is not necessarily the case.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Kummer always made sure that we were informed on all the specifics of our treatments, including our odds for success, delivered in a way that conveyed that she really cared about our outcomes. She always made sure her delivery was in a way that was both caring, but straight to the facts (which is exactly how we liked the information). She was upfront with our success rates for both IUI and IVF, but never pushed for us to go in a certain way. She laid out the facts and gave us input to help us weigh both of the options from a monetary and medical standpoint. Even though her time was precious (as it is with these appointments/doctors) she never made us feel rushed and was always available to answer our questions in person, on the phone, or through email.
Describe the protocols Nicole Kummer used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
I did two rounds of medicated IUI cycles using Clomid and a trigger shot. Throughout both cycles I was on levothyroxine to bring my slightly elevated TSH levels into the desired range for pregnancy. The first round we used 50 mg dosage of Clomid (starting on day 3), 5000 units of Novarel, and 100 mg progesterone suppositories following the IUI. For the second round we increased the dosage of Clomid to 100 mg (starting on day 3). Both rounds were monitored and the trigger was administered when my follicles had matured to the size that was desired. (The first round my follicles were a little slower to mature, which is why the dosage for Clomid was increased.) Both rounds were unsuccessful.
The nursing staff was always friendly, thorough, and helpful. When I was nervous that I had to do my first trigger shot they were so helpful giving me a demonstration on how to do it, explained what I needed to do/where it needed to be injected, and let me practice on their demonstration thing. They were so helpful.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic's strengths would be that all of the doctors are very nice and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Having multiple doctors on staff allowed flexibility in scheduling, which was really great being a teacher and having very limited times to come in for frequent appointments (especially blood draws/monitoring appointments). Also having multiple doctors allowed for one of them to be available to do the diagnostic testing, monitoring, and IUIs at each appointment. The clinic's weaknesses were mostly on the billing side and lack of communication. During our first IUI we got a phone call from Dr. Kummer telling us that our sperm sample was very low after the wash and were given options as to how to proceed, we chose to come in and give another before the insemination to boost the numbers. (That was great, she was so amazing about that.) However, with the second IUI we never heard anything from the clinic (so we assumed everything was fine), when we came in for the insemination we were told that the doctor was in a meeting (not Dr. Kummer, one of the other doctors) and a nurse practitioner would perform it instead, and then we only found out the extremely low numbers from the second IUIs sperm sample after our negative pregnancy test (when I asked about it). That lack of communication the second time around was very disappointing. A few months after our failed IUIs we were lucky to find out that my husband’s company’s insurance had great coverage for all infertility testing and treatment. When the new year (2020) began we had an IVF consult with Dr. Zoneraich because Dr. Kummer had left the clinic between our treatments and this consult. We gave the clinic our new insurance information, but even when they called prior to the appointment to verify we complete our insurance required WINFertility consult they never mentioned that their lab was not contracted with our insurance. It was not until the end of our IVF consult when we sat down with the financial advisor that they told us that even with our insurance coverage we would be paying the majority of our treatments as self-pay because their lab is not contracted through pretty much any insurance carrier. We were not aware that this was something to even think about before it happened to us, so if you have insurance coverage call the clinic before you even go for a consult to make sure that their lab is contracted through your insurance carrier! That was a huge shock that led to us finding a new clinic that did work with our insurance completely. Just be aware that even in network providers may not use labs that are contracted through your insurance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
I believe the initial consultation was $200, diagnostic testing was around $1000, and each IUI cycle was $925 plus about $160 for medication. During that treatment time we had no insurance coverage and paid the self pay price, but going into our IVF consult we had coverage (which impacted further treatment cost/decisions). The IVF consult with insurance was about $180 I believe towards our deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
On my first round of IUI the clinic did not send in my prescription for Clomid to the pharmacy. This issue was quickly resolved when I called the clinic though. They did apologize for the mix up and the issue was resolved immediately.
Nicole Kummer
Mesa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.

Dr. Larsen has always made us feel extremely comfortable with our treatment and every doctor visit. He made sure that we knew we were important and our treatment was important to him. Regardless of how many times, we have been at the doctors office, he was always ready to try a new approach regarding medication when it was necessary...From the very first visit, he took time to talk to us about everything and assured us that we will have a baby, we just needed to determine what course of treatment we needed but that it would happen.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] is clean, organized, and filled with kind and compassionate staff. Upon walking in, you are greeted and can instantly feel the warmth of everyone around. All staff is encouraging and positive during visits...[The nursing staff is] Always kind and compassionate. Very positive...Initial testing cost about $1200. Each iui cycle cost $925 but does not include medication. Menopur injections for 3 days cost $100. Novarel trigger shot cost $89. Progesterone suppositories cost $100. 3 days of Gonal f injections cost $340.
European, South Asian
How was your experience with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Our experience with Dr. Larsen has been the absolute best! From the very first visit, he took time to talk to us about everything and assured us that we will have a baby, we just needed to determine what course of treatment we needed but that it would happen. One of the fondest memories I have with Dr. Larsen was when he shared his thoughts on pregnancy and how he felt it truly was a miracle and not an easy thing. That was very important for me to hear. As a woman who sees friends and acquaintances getting pregnant so easily, it can be hard. But that one comment made me feel that my miracle would be here soon. He has always made us feel comfortable at all of our appointments. He explained what was happening and sent good wishes at the end of each iui. I am beyond grateful that we have Dr. Larsen in our lives helping us to bring a miracle blessing into this world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Trust him and trust the process. Ask any and all questions. He is truly the best!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Describe the protocols Frederick Larsen used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
We started with initial testing. After everything came back clear, we began treatment for an IUI. I started with 100mg for 5 days. After my follicle check, I would give myself a trigger shot then we would go in for the iui. After each procedure, I would take 100mg of progesterone suppositories for 2 weeks until I went in for blood work to determine results. After the first unsuccessful procedure he increased my dosage to 150mg for 5 days which was also unsuccessful. I then began a mini stem iui and started giving myself injections after 5days of 150mg of clomid. I was injecting myself with menupur for 3 days. After that unsuccessful round, we tried again for the 4th iui. This time I did 3 injections and when I went in for my follicle check he felt it was best to do another injection in hopes of letting my follicles grow bigger before the iui procedure. Unfortunately that round was also unsuccessful. We just completed our fifth and final iui cycle. I took another round of clomid but this time did gonal f injections for 3 days. I went in for my follicle check and Dr. Larsen felt it was necessary to do another 3 days of gonal f injections. Afterward we saw success with follicle growth. I went home and gave myself the trigger shot the following day. We went in for the iui and will find out on Friday if I am pregnant.
Always kind and compassionate. Very positive
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic is clean, organized, and filled with kind and compassionate staff. Upon walking in, you are greeted and can instantly feel the warmth of everyone around. All staff is encouraging and positive during visits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Mesa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.

Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Larsen has always had a warm and welcome approach to care. Part of that is making sure he explains all that he sees (specifically explaining what we’re looking at on ultrasound in plain/ non-medical terminology). I never felt rushed and have always been given the opportunity to ask questions whether it be in an exam room or in his office. I particularly like that the doctor does the ultrasound themselves and has a lot of personal time with the patients.
The overall experience [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] is comforting. The doctors exceed my expectations every time, the lobby of the offices are beautiful and welcoming, the IVF coordinators are great resources- they truly are amazing. The nurses are friendly and assist the doctors in the room in case you have any gender concerns with a male doctor. Everyone is professional, friendly, and always smiling. To prevent feeling overwhelmed, bring a notepad, a list of questions relating to your diagnosis, treatment plan, cost, etc, and most importantly, your spouse. You aren’t alone, ever. Many of us are walking alongside you fighting the same or similar battle.
European, Other
Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I conceived my daughter under the care of this clinic, primarily with another doctor but due to location preference, I see Dr. Larsen more now. He is definitely more blunt than the other doctor I see but his approach isn’t offensive. He doesn’t hide the truth or leave out details. I may take offense if I were a first time patient though. Overall, he provides the care I am looking for and always has a smile on his face with a positive outlook and plan. I recently recommended him to a friend in need of a fertility doctor.
He has a faster-pace/ higher energy than some of the other doctors there but by no means does he rush you. As a first time patient it may seem like he is but believe me, I have asked him lots and lots of questions and they were thoroughly answered. Arrive prepared with questions. If you think of a question after you leave, ask a nurse on your patient portal or give the office a call. They are very responsive and if it’s too elaborate to relay a message, sometimes the doctor himself will return the call.
I am preparing for an egg retrieval for embryo preservation. I am on Microsose Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F and will take a Hcg trigger shot 36 hours before retrieval. These are all injectables so I was overwhelmed when they arrived, however, the clinic sets you up for an injection teaching appointment where they show you how to mix all of them into one so you only take one shot vs 3. I have to do this 2 times daily and go to the clinic for blood draws and ultrasounds to monitor how the eggs are maturing for retrieval. I am confident in their estimated timing for trigger at this office since I’ve had to do the trigger shot to conceive my daughter and we were successful very quickly.
The nursing staff is pleasant and always happy. My only complaint is they don’t seem organized. When I call with questions relating to an IVF cycle, different people answer and provide different answers. For example, one told me I haven’t been off of birth control long enough to start a cycle while another told me to stop it on a specific date. They aren’t consistent and I personally go to the IVF coordinator for questions since she is always consistent.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The overall experience is comforting. The doctors exceed my expectations every time, the lobby of the offices are beautiful and welcoming, the IVF coordinators are great resources- they truly are amazing. The nurses are friendly and assist the doctors in the room in case you have any gender concerns with a male doctor. Everyone is professional, friendly, and always smiling. To prevent feeling overwhelmed, bring a notepad, a list of questions relating to your diagnosis, treatment plan, cost, etc, and most importantly, your spouse. You aren’t alone, ever. Many of us are walking alongside you fighting the same or similar battle.
$8,239. My insurance was in-network and covered some of the office visit. We knew the Natera genetic screening was optional and billed outside but had no idea it would be $3,000. Medications are also billed outside, $1,200. The doctors office collects their portion upfront before you start your cycle, pharmacy calls for payment before they overnight meds and the genetic lab needs payment before your results will be released to your doctor.
Describe Frederick Larsen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Both doctors I’ve seen in this office prefer single embryo transfer, unless the patient has strong desire for multiple. They explain the rational and ultimately let you decide but are confident in their approach and the lower risk associated with one.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
I stress this- always ask a doctor or IVF coordinator specific questions. The nurses go off of the experiences they are “used to” within the office but everyone is different. The IVF coordinator or doctor will go back through your chart and provide information tailored to you.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I told him [Dr. Zoneraich] I would like things to be very matter of fact and clinical and always frank and technical as much as if possible and that is how he was, I could tell he still was kind and empathetic in his approach at times which really makes me think he is able to work with a patient in their own preferred way, had I wanted a more sweet compassionate hold my hand type of doctor I think he would have been but that is not how I want things medically and especially with all the miscarriages and crap leading up to going to see him I knew I would do best with some one who would help me keep it professional and avoid more emotions as much as possible for my own composure.
if any member of staff [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] did not know an answer they worked to find out and would always follow through to make sure I was content and satisfied with their answers, and that I was taken care of in all ways...I think they [nurses] could be a little more informed about the overall procedures and protocols because there were times they had to go ask and find out answers, this is fine and they always made sure to get me answers but if there was something they could work toward it would be advisable to always be educating all the staff I would think.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I believe Dr. Zoneraich was an excellent doctor especially for me because he was very good at explaining and answering my many questions and above all he seemed responsive to me personally, I told him I would like things to be very matter of fact and clinical and always frank and technical as much as if possible and that is how he was, I could tell he still was kind and empathetic in his approach at times which really makes me think he is able to work with a patient in their own preferred way, had I wanted a more sweet compassionate hold my hand type of doctor I think he would have been but that is not how I want things medically and especially with all the miscarriages and crap leading up to going to see him I knew I would do best with some one who would help me keep it professional and avoid more emotions as much as possible for my own composure.
I would say let him know your expectations up front, as much as possible be open with him about; what you want, what you know and what you hope to learn, how you want the experience to go, how you prefer to be treated/talked to- honestly it might sound odd but basically if you want things sugar coated and or broached very carefully or just frank and more scientifically/medically direct.
Dr. Z and his staff were responsive not only to the physical clinical stuff but also my personality, I ask a lot of questions and had done, and continue to, a lot of research which I am sure can be annoying to them but they never made me feel that way, never felt rushed or as if they were being dismissive but always listened to and if any member of staff did not know an answer they worked to find out and would always follow through to make sure I was content and satisfied with their answers, and that I was taken care of in all ways.
We have retrieved eggs, from one of my sisters, and fertilized them with my spouse and frozen the embryos but I haven’t done any implantations yet, we are saving up again for that second phase.
I think they could be a little more informed about the overall procedures and protocols because there were times they had to go ask and find out answers, this is fine and they always made sure to get me answers but if there was something they could work toward it would be advisable to always be educating all the staff I would think.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
They were always good about answering the phone calls or getting right back to me and getting the answers I needed/wanted. I think they could be better at their descriptions/explainations of the financials, it didn’t feel deceptive or misleading but more just like they could be more formalized and have all options planned out- just a little more organized with some of the business side of this stuff.
We spent about 3-5k going through testing to find out why we had recurrent pregnancy losses, and then just over 17k to get my sister ready for being an egg donor and then retrieving fertilizing and freezing
Dr. Z has said he would recommend one but we can discuss doing two once we get closer to that point.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[at Advanced Fertility Care of AZ-Mesa] IVF for severe male factor. With ICSI and PGD testing.... Overall warm,Kind and caring. I felt so comfortable through the entire process. All staff was amazing. (Except for one nurse after my retrieval). Even the embryologist who spent at least 2,45 min phone conversations with me to discuss my embryos. She was a gem (sherry is her name) I can not recommend them enough. Also they adjusted their schedule to accommodate me so that I didn’t have to go through IVF while teaching and can have it done through summer vacation. (Was a big mixup on my part, but they worked it out for me)
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Larsen is kind, patient, caring and extremely knowledgeable. I met him at a friends house who was hosting a Qand A about infertility. He was the guest speaker he volunteered what must have been 2 hours of his time to answer every single question posed to him that night. After that I made an apt to do my next IVF treatment with him. He is so incredibly kind. And when things don’t go as planned you see it pains him too. You feel like you’re in this together. He’s my 3rd IVF dr and after being treated by him I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Come with all your questions because he will give you as much time you need to go through everything. Also if there is a religious concern bring it up to him. He will accommodate you as much he can. He has gone above and beyond for my religious needs (as a Jew) with no judgment
When I would call and say my first name they knew exactly who I was. I was given plenty of time. NEVER RUSHED
IVF for severe male factor. With ICSI and PGD testing. Based on my previous failed cycles he decided it was needed.
She was sweet. Nice. Informative. And worked with me and my needs not just their schedule
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
He is a big proponent of eSET. Really doesn’t budge unless Mother’s age or other factors
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
The nurse after retrieval forgot to mention to me that I shouldn’t put in tampons or have sex after the procedure.
Mesa

Dr. Larsen personally performed all my procedures while I was TTC (ultrasound monitoring, egg retrieval, egg transfer, etc.). He met with my personally for post-cycle consults and to discuss the next course of action. He explained every single detail, the statistics, and answered every single question I had. He provided great personal attention while I was in his care...I feel like things went as well as they could have (under what was controllable like meds) and that my protocols were changed appropriately.
[Advanced Fertility Center] Strengths: all procedures are always done by one of the doctors. They have 3 offices located around the valley. Weakness: I don't know if this is a "weakness," but the clinic does have multiple offices (which is a strength). However, the doctor's rotate offices...you may not see your primary doctor. ...The nursing staff was always available when I needed them...they do charge a % more if you use a credit card vs cash/check if you are paying a high amount of costs.
I really like Dr. Larsen! He's very nice and personable. He took the time to address all my concerns and to make the appropriate adjustments to my cycles. I feel like things went as well as they could have (under what was controllable like meds) and that my protocols were changed appropriately.
Ask questions, Dr. Larsen will answer them. If he doesn't have an answer right away -- he'll research it and get back to you. He is very approachable and knowledgeable.
I did not have any known fertility issues. The first thing we did was do some baseline tests to make sure my fallopian tubes were open, check my blood levels, and check for any uterine fibroids/polyps. I appreciated the complete pre-fertility treatment workup that I received and felt that it was thorough and gave me a good place to start. Without any known issues with my baseline assessment, we started off with IUI with a low dose of Clomid and a trigger shot. We slowly increased the Clomid dosage with each IUI. When I continued to have failed cycles, we moved onto a mini-stim cycle that combined Clomid with Injectables. Eventually after 6 failed IUI monitored and medicated cycles, I moved onto IVF. There were no indications on why the IUI's did not work, as my fertility numbers looked good. I was eventually diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. With my good reaction to the injectables during my IUI's, I started off on the Luteal Lupron Protocol for my first IVF cycle. Unfortunately I did not react well to the protocol and my cycle was cancelled due to non-response. My next IVF round we changed the protocol to the Microdose Lupron Flare protocol, which did lead to an egg retrieval which resulted in 5-day blastocysts, one of which would lead to a pregnancy through a FET protocol.
The nursing staff was always available when I needed them. They explained things to me and when I called for additional questions, they were always quick to respond or find an answer. They were also very compassionate with me. I had a difficult time while TTC and the nurses were always there to provide a hug and reassuring words. I truly appreciate the care and attention I received from them.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Strengths: all procedures are always done by one of the doctors. They have 3 offices located around the valley. Weakness: I don't know if this is a "weakness," but the clinic does have multiple offices (which is a strength). However, the doctor's rotate offices. So, if you are limited on which office to get care from and limited on the day you can attend, - you may not see your primary doctor. There are 3 doctors on staff. The other doctors were nice (which is a strength as well). But I did prefer to see my doctor because I had built such a personal relationship with him and just felt more comfortable with him.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
For IUI's the monitoring appointments were a little bit easier, because you had more flexibility on when to go in. For IVF, there was a morning window that had to be met so they can make appropriate adjustments to your medications (if needed). I do want to add that I never had a long wait in this office. I was seen on-time and was in/out in no time. I appreciated their promptness and how smoothly the office runs.
All their costs are listed on their website. If you have insurance coverage, the costs will differ depending what your insurance covers. I will say that they do charge a % more if you use a credit card vs cash/check if you are paying a high amount of costs. I would also double check that their lab is covered under your insurance. They have their own lab that they use and if the clinic is covered, that doesn't mean the lab is covered. Best to check that both are under coverage because the lab fees are the largest charges when you're doing IVF.
Dr. Larsen provides his suggestions on the number of embryos to transfer based on your personal situation, which I appreciated. Dr. Larsen is very good at looking at your history and then quoting what he believes the odds are of success. For example, I did not want twins - so we stuck with eSETS until my last FET where I decided to transfer two. Since I had previously failed FET's and with my personal history of unexplained infertility, the odds were only one embryo would implant (which is how it turned out for me).

2010 - 2015
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I had dealt with 7 years of infertility and several dr.s before seeing Dr. Larsen. He was up front with me and real about that would be worth my time and not. I felt with him it was a out what's best for each patient rather than that helps him collect the most money ... He has a different personality a little. He is very very much about being realistic and giving REAL results. He is kind and cares and also dealt with fertility treatments himself (his wife went through them so he understands both sides) he is kind and definitely just an all around good guy.
Overall I felt like the clinic [Advanced Fertility Care] was organized, kind, and cared for the patients. I didn't feel like a number and I also felt like they remembered my situation every time which helped! ... I felt love from the whole staff [nursing]. It was obvious they all cared and wanted us to all succeed. I also felt safe that they were watching my cycle closely and knew more than I did ... which is great because it can be confusing!
2010 - 2015
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I had dealt with 7 years of infertility and several dr.s before seeing Dr. Larsen. He was up front with me and real about that would be worth my time and not. I felt with him it was a out what's best for each patient rather than that helps him collect the most money (I dealt with that before) I felt comfortable with him and feel like he truly cared about my situation.
I was a wreck during my treatments. Dr. Larsen always took the time to answer every question for me. It wasn't till I got pregnant and went to a regular OBGYN that I realized how wonderful him and his staff were! They were on top of everything for me and he was SO good about realistic expectations and still providing hope 💓 I would do anything to have him deliver my babies too because he truly cared about me and my family.
After years of doing cycles with chlmoed (we tried 7 years before getting pregnant) we went with Dr Larsen. He told me up front that IUI had a very low chance for implantation but it does work for some and may be worth a try for the price difference! We chose to do for cycles that failed. He each time told us it would probably be good to do IVF but it was our choice. We didn't have the money at the time so we continued down that path. My husband pulled the money from a retirement account that we had and surprised me by paying for a cycle and working with Dr Larsen to suprise me! I honestly couldn't believe it! He handed me a gift (it was baby outfits) and a card saying that him and Dr Larsen worked everything out and that I was just start birth control the following day. It was a dream come true. I love that he worked with my husband to make it special for me. After having a successful pregnancy with that IVF treatment I had 7 Frozen embryos. Unfortunately a few months after having my baby I somehow got pregnant on my own and had a miscarriage. Dr. Larson helps me through the whole thing. After two more miscarriages and years we chose to continue with IVF for a second round. We put in two embryos and one took and created our beautiful daughter! 5 months later I again got pregnant on our own and this time miraculously the pregnancy stayed! After 7 years of tears and pain I now have three beautiful children. A 6 your old boy, a 2 year old girl, and a one year old girl now 💓 I still have 5 Frozen embryos with Dr L. He really made all the difference in my experience and I would never go anywhere else! Prior to using him I went to several doctors who diagnose me with PCOS and didn't pay full attention to my Cycles. I found out later that they could have potentially harmed my fertility with how carelessly they were having me take Clomid. I took it for 12 cycles. Having a good doctor is everything!
I felt love from the whole staff. It was obvious they all cared and wanted us to all succeed. I also felt safe that they were watching my cycle closely and knew more than I did 😂 which is great because it can be confusing!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Overall I felt like the clinic was organized, kind, and cared for the patients. I didn't feel like a number and I also felt like they remembered my situation every time which helped! at other locations I felt like I was really explaining myself every single time I went.
If I remember correctly I think it was $1,200 for the initial testing. I why I think was $300 at the time per cycle. When we did IVF we did a money back guarantee program. It was $15 to $20,000 for three tries and it guaranteed you get pregnant or you get a big portion of the money back. When we did a frozen cycle I believe it was like $5,000 for both medicine and the treatment. I believe for one cycle fresh it was more like $7,500.
He had a strong preference on only putting one in. On the first one that one took! he understood me wanting to put the two and on the second round but make sure I understood all the risks involved. He was clear that he had seen some rough situations with twins and triplets and that 1 Singleton pregnancy is a success. I would probably still transfer two if I did another round and I'm sure he'd be okay with that. Anything more though he was uncomfortable with.
Mesa

Dr Zoneraich was very upfront about the process of IUI, and exactly why we needed to use Donor Sperm. We did not feel pressured into anything and always felt in control of our treatment. ... He is very straight forward (which i appreciate), so just know that you aren't going to get someone who is super delicate with your feelings. Dont get me wrong though, he is still very compassionate!
[Advanced Fertility Care-Mesa's] Strengths were phone based app to manage appts and tests, location near our house, friendly front desk staff, clean and well stocked waiting room. Weaknesses would be hours/locations. (Drs were split between 3 valley office locations) Also, not able to do IUI at location closest to home.... We got lucky on our first cycle of IUI. I followed the instructions (came in for an ultraaound during my cycle, and then I believe I started Clomid on the 4th or 5th day. Took 5 days of that, had another ultrasound in which i had too many eggs. We waited over the weekend and got another ultrasound in on a Monday. My eggs had reduced to an acceptable number so the next day i gave myself the HCG trigger shot, and i was scheduled for my IUI on Thursday morning.
Dr Zoneraich was very upfront about the process of IUI, and exactly why we needed to use Donor Sperm. We did not feel pressured into anything and always felt in control of our treatment. We are truly grateful for him!
He was very straight-forward yet compassionate about our situation and made us both feel at ease throughout the process.
Everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
We didnt do any embryo transfers.

2020
My experiences with Dr. Larsen were all positive. He was really clear when he performed ultrasounds, describing exactly what he was seeing, and making casual conversation. When I had questions he gave really clear answers...I did 3 rounds of ovulation induction and timed intercourse. 2 were with Clomid and a trigger injection, but it thinned my uterine lining too much. The 3rd round was with Femara and a trigger injection and that's when I finally got pregnant.
The fact that I got to see a doc at every visit [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] was really reassuring...The nursing staff always seemed nice to me. They trained me to do my injection and there was always someone available to quickly answer any questions I sent on the patient portal...Each round of ovulation induction was around $500-600. I did also have an HSG and saline sonohystogram, which cost around $1500 total.
2020
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
The fact that I got to see a doc at every visit was really reassuring. Dr. Larsen was super friendly and willing to answer all questions.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
This clinic didn't feel "too big" to me. Some places in suburban Phoenix feel very corporate and big and I just feel like one of many. Here I felt like I knew the staff. I felt like they remembered me and always treated me with kindness.

2014 - 2019
Dr Larsen has an amazing bedside manner. He is patient, thoughtful and kind...He is so personable. I’m always feel like he has my best interest at heart. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he even have me his cell number should I have an emergency situation. I sometimes have to see other drs in the office and I don’t feel like they are as thorough, patient or clear as he is...Don’t be reluctant to ask any questions of him-he will answer and you will he content with his answers.
I have had the most experience with Bethany [nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona]. I found her to be curt and insensitive...Each IUI cycle costs about $1500 when you factor drugs into the equation...This doesn’t include costs associated with testing...It is beautiful and comfortable. I feel like they have the most high tech and new equipment and procedures. I like that they have multiple locations. I’ve always been able to get appointments easily.
2014 - 2019
Dr Larsen has an amazing bedside manner. He is patient, thoughtful and kind.
Clomid 150 mg every cycle Trigger shot every cycle Once I used an additoinal injectable butni can’t remember which one Frozen sperm (my husband’s) IUI
I have had the most experience with Bethany. I found her to be curt and insensitive.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Each IUI cycle costs about $1500 when you factor drugs into the equation. 5x1500 is $7500. This doesn’t include costs associated with testing.
Mesa

Dr z [Nathaniel Zoneraich] is amazing. He made me feel so good throughout this trying process. I am a type A planner and he was willing to talk to us through all of my questions and what ifs. He also worked with our schedules and helped us find care with other doctors that was necessary for testing. He is realistic and gives you facts that are necessary to make decisions.
[Advanced Fertility Care of AZ- Mesa is] Very clean and modern. The waiting time is usually very minimal... the offices look the same so it is nice to have consistency. The nurses even rotate offices. They give watervabd other drink choices while you wait.... The ladies are so friendly and so helpful. I get answers right away from the portal which is a blessing. I've even used the nurse on call and she was amazing
Dr z is amazing. He made me feel so good throughout this trying process. I am a type A planner and he was willing to talk to us through all of my questions and what ifs. He also worked with our schedules and helped us find care with other doctors that was necessary for testing. He is realistic and gives you facts that are necessary to make decisions.
To think positive thoughts and trust in the process.
He is always so happy and cheerful and answers my millions of questions with patience
My treatment included 5 days of clomid.... baby aspirin.... then the hcg trigger shot (novarel). After iui I am taking progesterone suppositories and baby aspirin
I am paying 995 per iui cycle not including medications
Mesa

Dr. Larsen always explains everything clearly while and makes sure I understand. He also has excellent bedside manner and called me back the next day after some hard news to make sure I was doing okay...Dr. Larsen is very hard to get into but once you meet him it is not a surprise at all. He is intelligent, compassionate, and knows his stuff! I also really appreciate that he is always on time to meet with me...It's worth the wait...be open with him so he can help you.
My favorite thing about Advanced Fertility Care is that they are always on time. I've never waited more then 2 minutes beyond my appointment time and sometimes when I show up 5 minutes early they are ready for me. It's wonderful to know I won't spend too much time when I go in for an appointment...The nursing staff is wonderful. They always explain things clearly with a smile on their faces..Dr. Larsen is very hard to get into but once you meet him it is not a surprise at all.
It's worth the wait. Also, be open with him so he can help you.

2 IUI, IVF
He [Dr. Larsen] had good bedside manner and made me feel comfortable with each ultrasound. After multiple failed iui's both my husband and I needed to go to the next step ivf. His clinic did not have any financial ways to help finance or pay for treatments. When we left to go elsewhere, we never got a call from him asking us what next steps we would like to to take. I just wanted to feel valued from him. You get attached to your fertility doctors because you feel like you are on the dame team trying to get the main goal. When you feel like your just a number its hard to establish roots in a practice.
The nurses [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] were kind it was just hard to get their scheduling staff to schedule appointments for me. They were not flexible on times and knew that I worked at 7- 4 pm job. Making appointments was so stressful...There were no financing or monthly payments that could be made. We had to look elsewhere and we found a clinic that was reasonable...there are two locations which make it nice for patients to travel through AZ. The facility is nicely decorated and is very professional. The weakness is making appointments is a challenge for working professionals. If you do not have a job and you are flexible with times than this clinic may be right for you.
European, Middle Eastern
2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Larsen was a great communicator. He had good bedside manner and made me feel comfortable with each ultrasound. After multiple failed iui's both my husband and I needed to go to the next step ivf. His clinic did not have any financial ways to help finance or pay for treatments. When we left to go elsewhere, we never got a call from him asking us what next steps we would like to to take. I just wanted to feel valued from him. You get attached to your fertility doctors because you feel like you are on the dame team trying to get the main goal. When you feel like your just a number its hard to establish roots in a practice.
If you have money and time he was a good doctor. I can't say anything negative about his bedside manner. His practice is pricy, but if you can afford 25,000 for ivy treatment out of pocket it may be a good place for you.
Dr. Larson has good bedside manners and was friendly with my husband and I. The IUI's were just not working for my husband and I. However, after the final failed treatment he never called us and asked us how we were doing. I wish he would have taken more concern with us and wanted to keep us as patients. We ended up going to another dr. to start ivy treatments at a more reasonable price this his clinic. I wish Dr. Larsen would have reached out since both my husband and I did like his bed side manner.
The nurses were kind it was just hard to get their scheduling staff to schedule appointments for me. They were not flexible on times and knew that I worked at 7- 4 pm job. Making appointments was so stressful.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The strengths is there are two locations which make it nice for patients to travel through AZ. The facility is nicely decorated and is very professional. The weakness is making appointments is a challenge for working professionals. If you do not have a job and you are flexible with times than this clinic may be right for you.
The iii's range to be $800 he gave us a little discount since my husband and I were in school. The medicine on top of that was another $250. It was expensive for one IUI cycle. We couldn't keep doing iui's only to come up with negative after negative each month. We wanted to do ivy but could not afford it at his clinic. There were no financing or monthly payments that could be made. We had to look elsewhere and we found a clinic that was reasonable for a gentle ivy cycle. We are now in the process of ivf and look forward to the results to come with our new clinic and dr.
single embryo transfer always preferred. He will scare you out of having twins so fast due to increased risk of complications.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Larsen took time and special care in our consultation before and after diagnostics and during our Clomid with IUI procedure. He has good bedside manner and appears understanding, honest, and compassionate...was thorough in explaining all options, risks, and timelines. He was compassionate and understanding in all interactions. I feel that I can trust him...1 cycle of IUI with Clomid. Added progesterone mid way through cycle, after IUI procedure, based on monitoring.
They [Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] were friendly, accommodating, and informative overall. The front office staff was not cold, but could have been slightly more friendly when greeting us. My husband was uncomfortable with people talking outside the room when giving sperm sample...Dr. Larsen took time and special care in our consultation before and after diagnostics and during our Clomid with IUI procedure. He has good bedside manner
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Larsen was thorough in explaining all options, risks, and timelines. He was compassionate and understanding in all interactions. I feel that I can trust him. We did IUI with Clomid through Dr. Larsen.
Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
They were friendly, accommodating, and informative overall. The front office staff was not cold, but could have been slightly more friendly when greeting us. My husband was uncomfortable with people talking outside the room when giving sperm sample.
Mesa
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Care] is run line a finely tuned instrument! Between the doctors, nursing staff, IVF nurse and receptionist they all work in-sync and provide clear communication. They answer emails and return phone calls promptly, which is always appreciated! There are 3 clinic locations and they're all beautiful and clean facilities.... Everyone on staff always greets you with a smile! They're understanding and compassionate and they've always walked me through any blood work, tests or procedures I was having. They're great at providing peace of mind.
My experience as Dr. Larsen's patient can be described as a learning experience. It's been a journey! Because of him I have a better understanding of my body and my infertility issues. With his guidance in this journey I have a new found strength and hope that we'll have a baby someday soon!
What are you waiting for? You're not getting any younger! Make an appointment for a consult with Dr. Larsen so you too can begin your journey and be one step closer to building your family! You will find everything you need in him as a fertility doctor and you'll be pleased with his staff as well!
Dr. Larsen has never made us feel like a number! He has a way of ensuring I know I am top priority at each visit. He's opened our eyes by providing a clear understanding of what's going on with my body and and why we've had to go from plan A to plan B to plan C, and he did it in a way that we understood while being empathetic! He laid out what we could expect from day one so there weren't any surprises. He is patient & understanding and provided a smooth transition into our upcoming IVF cycle!
We began with oral medication starting at a low dosage and worked our way up when we saw that my body just wasn't responding. Reason for that is because everyone is different and as as such responds differently to specific treatment & dosages. When the oral meds weren't working he introduced injetable meds that his staff taught me how to self inject at home. Unfortunately after several months of trying this protocol and seeing that it wasn't working for me we then began discussing IVF. At our IVF consult he sat us down and explained the process in detail, provided medical visual aids to help give us a better understanding. All the while we never once felt rushed!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic is run line a finely tuned instrument! Between the doctors, nursing staff, IVF nurse and receptionist they all work in-sync and provide clear communication. They answer emails and return phone calls promptly, which is always appreciated! There are 3 clinic locations and they're all beautiful and clean facilities.
My insurance covered almost all of my procedures & medications as long as it was used in conjunction with natural conception/timed intercourse. Very few expenses were out of pocket and not reimbursible, which I was ok with. Now that we'll be pursuing IVF this will be completely out of pocket as our insurance will not cover any of it.
He has expressed that single over multiple transfers is preferred because of the associated risks that come with multiple births. He also explained that the chances of multiples is higher with IVF over natural conception. After much discussion On his point of view I understand why one embryo transfer is safer. I'm much more comfortable knowing Dr. Larsen is looking out for the long term health and safety of myself and our futur baby/babies! If I'm going to invest all this time, money, invest my body and emotions into the IVF process, why would I want to risk me or my babies health just for the possibility of twins/multiples? I understand that the decision of implanting one or more embryo is a personal choice or dependent of each individual situation, but I feel Dr. Larsen (and myself) have valid points to consider.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Larson explains everything in great detail and never seems in a rush during an appointment. He doesn't mind questions and will answer them thoroughly. He is kind yet direct. He told us upfront when he was concerned about one of our babies not developing properly. He prepared us, gently, for the possibility of losing one of the twins. He was caring and tried to help us stay positive. If we were to do IVF again, I would use Dr. Larson and his clinic without question.
I saw multiple nurses [at Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] and they were all friendly. The ivf coordinator and embryologist were both fantastic.... Monitoring appointments were always specifically scheduled - I had a specific time, I went in, and was out within 15 minutes .... The strengths are there are three locations and three doctors you can see - it doesn't have to be your primary doctor. The weakness is that not all of the locations are always open. All of the offices are really nice and comfortable.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
I would tell you that he is very weary of transferring two embryos and will heavily advise you against it. He will thoroughly explain all of the risks involved, although in the end, it will be up to you. He respects your decision in the end.
Dr. Larson was wonderful in explaining the process to us all through our IVF cycle. Although he could have been more 'human' when one of our transferred embryos doesn't make it, he was still there to explain it to us. It was a huge improvement from our first RE, who was extremely cold and didn't stay in the room long enough to explain anything.
Dr. Larson recommended one or two more IUI's before moving onto IVF - he believed we hadn't exhausted that option yet. We tried one more on Femara but it was unsuccessful. We decided to move into ivf and he supported our decision. He had me on birth control for two weeks and then stop to get my cycle on their calendar. Then I took birth control for another 3 weeks I believe while also starting Lupron during the last week of bc. I took Lupron for 10 days and then started Stims, adding 150 Menopur and 225 Gonal-f to the Lupron. The Lupron decreased during Stims. After 8 days of Stims, I increased my Gonal-f to I think 300. All of my meds were combined into one injection. After 10 days of Stims, we triggered with Novarel. During my last ultrasound they saw 8 follicles, but 9 eggs were retrieved, 8 were mature and 7 fertilized with ICSI. Of those 7, 2 made it to day 5 and both were transferred since we had none left to freeze. I wanted the best chance at getting pregnant so we decided to transfer both. Both embryos implanted, but we lost one baby around 10 weeks. It was not progressing or growing as fast as baby A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
I saw multiple nurses and they were all friendly. The ivf coordinator and embryologist were both fantastic.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The IUI total cost was around $1000 I believe, and the ivf was $10,000 plus $1,500 for icsi.
Dr. Larson strongly suggests the transfer of one embryo, not two. In my case, because we had none left to freeze and this was our only chance, he agreed to transfer both.
Phoenix

The rest of their office staff [at Advanced Fertility Care] is always very friendly and asks how things are going. No matter how many times you go, they always remind you to use the restroom if you have to or other little things that makes you feel like they care about your experience as well...The only issue we had was with billing once and it was related to our portion out of pocket for the last required IUI — AFC told us we needed to pay the deductible and then 10% of the cost (which was how we had read the insurance documents as well). However when we got the EOB from our insurance, we determined that we were really only supposed to pay a $35 copay. AFC quickly got this resolved and put it on our account as a credit toward embryo freezing fees since we were in the middle of our IVF cycle by the time it all got billed, reviewed, and paid by our insurance company...I truly could not be happier that we chose Advanced Fertility Care as our first (and only) fertility clinic as I fully believe we have received amazing service and care.
I was impressed at our first visit that Dr. Larsen himself spent so much time seeing us. He went through the most common causes of infertility, provided data regarding infertility, and then went through each and every test that we would go through to determine a cause of our infertility (if possible). Not only did he provide all this information verbally, he wrote it all down and then gave us that information to keep for our reference. Beyond that, he had a packet of preprinted information related to infertility FAQs, information about the testing process, etc which allowed us to feel quite comfortable when it was time to actually go in for all the testing. Once we completed the testing, we went back in and met with Dr. Larsen again to go through all of our results and our potential next steps. (I have heard of many others that see the doctor for their initial consultation but then once all the tests are done, they see an NP or PA to review their results and let them know the plans.) Once again, Dr. Larsen reviewed all of potential options, risks and benefits of each, chance of conceiving per cycle with each, as well as standard FAQ type documents. After seeing Dr. Larsen, we met with some of the ladies in billing to discuss the costs of each different type of service and provided handouts with that information. From then on any time I would call to start a new cycle or schedule an appointment, I could typically be seen either first thing in the AM or late in PM which worked best for my own work schedule. The only time I didn’t see Dr. Larsen or Dr. Z was when I only had to do blood draws — otherwise every single ultrasound, scan, IUI, etc was completed by one of the doctors. After my first failed IUI, Dr. Larsen and I discussed the game plan going forward and decided to increase my dose of clomid to hopefully improve my chances. When that didn’t work, we moved on to Clomid with Gonal F — which ended up causing some side effects. After that failed IUI, when the RN called with my negative pregnancy test, I asked for the next game plan, Dr. Z called me back within the hour (Dr. Larsen was on vacation that week) and explained to me what we should consider going forward — I felt quite comfortable that Dr. Z had reviewed my chart and knew what I had previously tried to know what to recommend next. He once again answered all my questions and told me to call back or email if anything else came up. We did one more IUI with Femara and Gonal F — which was unsuccessful. After the 4th IUI, my husband and I decided to move to IVF after the first of the year (we were transitioning to insurance that covered IVF) but spent an hour meeting with Dr. Larsen to review the entire process from day 1 to day of the pregnancy test so that we would feel comfortable. We reviewed all of the potential risks as well as the clinic’s data in terms of success. We were once again provided with a handwritten sheet that covered all of the necessary information as well as preprinted FAQs about the process and common meds as well as the needed consent forms. With the change in the new year, we learned our new insurance required a 6th ovarian stem cycle, so we did the last IUI but once again Dr. Larsen adjusted my meds to try to give me the best outcomes. When that was not successful, we began IVF. The day after my initial scan, I received a calendar that provided me with important dates regarding when to start and what doses of meds to start. The office was VERY helpful when the pharmacy had trouble getting some of the meds authorized from my insurance and quickly completed the necessary forms on their end. Prior to the initiation of the lupin, gonal, and menopur, my husband and I went to the office and saw one of the RNs for about 30-45 minutes of education on injection technique and process for each other meds. It is worth noting that they said typically the appointments are longer but I work in health care and therefore knew how to do the injection technique for the most part which sped up the process. We also finalized all of our consent forms and went from there. Throughout the rest of the IVF cycle, I either saw Dr. Larsen, Dr. Z, or Dr Kummer (their newest associate) for every ultrasound and received a call or email from the office regarding adjustments to my medications. The retrieval and transfer process were flawless as well with Dr. Z and Dr. Kummer coming in and speaking with my husband and I prior to each for 5-10 minutes and asking us what questions we had. I felt quite comfortable during the entire process — the other benefit to me was the retrievals/transfers were done right at their Scottsdale office which I was quite familiar with already from all my other appointments so that helped decrease my nerves for the whole experience. After the retrieval, I was told how many eggs had been collected and then was called every day to every other day with updates on how many fertilized, got to 8 cells, and got to blastocyst stage. When we went for transfer, it was recommended to only transfer one blastocyst just based on the quality of them; my husband and I had already thought we only wanted one but it is important to know that they definitely push for single embryo transfers due to the risks of multiples with more embryos. I recently found out I was pregnant from the initial IVF — one thing I REALLY appreciated was that Dr. Larsen himself and others from the staff were on the phone to call me for my positive pregnancy test — after all that time, work, money, emotional toll, it was nice to hear it from the Dr himself and not just one of the staff — it really made me feel like I wasn’t just another patient in their clinic. I am now going every other day to every 3rd day for my HCG levels and get calls from the staff with the numbers and the plan to make sure I stay in the loop. I truly could not be happier that we chose Advanced Fertility Care as our first (and only) fertility clinic as I fully believe we have received amazing service and care. Just as a side note about the personalized care, my husband and I participated in the RESOLVE Walk for Hope and Dr. Larsen was there and while I doubt he knew our names, he did recognize us both, say hello and ask how we are doing. It just makes me think back to my friends and colleagues that have seen their actual Dr once or twice and always seen an NP, PA, or RN since then and agains makes me realize how great of care we really get from AFC.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The rest of their office staff is always very friendly and asks how things are going. No matter how many times you go, they always remind you to use the restroom if you have to or other little things that makes you feel like they care about your experience as well. The only issue we had was with billing once and it was related to our portion out of pocket for the last required IUI — AFC told us we needed to pay the deductible and then 10% of the cost (which was how we had read the insurance documents as well). However when we got the EOB from our insurance, we determined that we were really only supposed to pay a $35 copay. AFC quickly got this resolved and put it on our account as a credit toward embryo freezing fees since we were in the middle of our IVF cycle by the time it all got billed, reviewed, and paid by our insurance company. We did have embryos to freeze so it didn’t matter but we were also assured that if we didn’t have embryos to freeze, we would be reimbursed the appropriate amount. One piece of advice: Know what your insurance does and doesn’t cover ahead of time.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
During my testing [at Advanced Fertility care] I was seen promptly at every appointment, I was never rescheduled or made to wait long periods of time at either the Phoenix or the Scottsdale locations. The nursing staff and phlebotomist were exceptional, very friendly, knowledgable and gentle! The front office staff was very friendly from my first phone conversation until the last time I was seen by them. They were very knowledgable about my insurance and were very forthcoming ab
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
While I was being seen at Advanced Fertility Care from April-June of 2016 I saw all three doctors at two of their facilities, but my primary RE was Dr Larsen. All three doctors, Dr Larsen, Dr Zoneraich, and Dr Kummer are wonderful! Our initial appointment with Dr Larsen was great, he explained fertility in a way no article online or book could ever get through to me. He went into details about our possible options dependent of course on our specific diagnosis. We were very upfront with him about the fact that we were having our diagnostic testing done only at his facility due to our last minute move and he was still super friendly and helpful! (He even showed me a secret way to check the success rates of other RE's online to help me pick a new doctor once we got home!!)
Dr Larsen was great! We saw him for our initial diagnosis and testing appointments. After our final consult we had to move back to Washington State. I wish I could fly to Arizona to see him for the rest of our treatments.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
During my testing I was seen promptly at every appointment, I was never rescheduled or made to wait long periods of time at either the Phoenix or the Scottsdale locations. The nursing staff and phlebotomist were exceptional, very friendly, knowledgable and gentle! The front office staff was very friendly from my first phone conversation until the last time I was seen by them. They were very knowledgable about my insurance and were very forthcoming about all finances from the beginning and again before every appointment. If I knew more people in the Phoenix area (we only lived their 6 months) I would recommend them to everyone!! This is my only way to do that I suppose!

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr Frederick Larsen of Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us...I didn't appreciate being billed over $5300 (on top of the $500 already spent at the office) for lab tests only to find they didn't even test for everything. For example, there was no mention of my MTHFR mutation, which I found out about at my second doctor. That's a very common and important mutation to know about.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us.
You will probably get pregnant here, but you will have lots of expensive, surprise and unneccessary (they require a psych evaluation before starting IVF) tests performed in the process.
During our first appointment, Dr Larsen met with us and told us the very basic process and how he works. He didn't even ask what we wanted, just assumed insemination and went with that angle for awhile before we interrupted to say we wanted to IVF to be able to do genetic testing and sex selection. What concerned my wife was that he acted like it was unethical do gender selection during IVF. When we expressed that we really wanted a girl, he said he'd check with his partner to see if it was okay. Of course he called the next day to say it was alright. This left a bad taste in my wife's mouth, but I wanted to give him another chance because I was confident he could get us pregnant. She felt his arbitrary ethical line was crossed for the prospect of money. The next appointment was for follicle count ultrasound and blood tests. Like the first appointment, payment was due at time of service. They broke it down for us and we paid $510 cash for both. They suggested more tests to look at my uterus that were over $1000, so we decided to get a second opinion and have since decided to go with another doctor. He got us an MRI for $400, which is a much more thorough exam than the $1000+ saline exam dr Larsen wanted to do check to out my fibroids more closely. We have since received bills for $5400 from an external lab for the blood test taken that day. We were not informed of this and not expecting this. My insurance does not cover any of this, and they knew at that time. When I called the doctor's office, they claimed I agreed to it. I might have signed some paper authorizing it (you sign a ton of papers) but nothing about what we agreed to pay. I find their business practices very upsetting. I felt taken advantage of.
Nice enough. Only got my blood drawn once there, so not much of an experience with them.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
When I decided to change clinics, I did so after canceling an appointment here at the last minute. I never heard from them asking why I didn't ever to come back.
I'm still fighting this 8 months later. Paid for the consult ($300, and very quick and basic) and the first ultrasound and blood tests (paid $575 at office, was billed $5300 more through the off-site lab)
Phoenix

The doctor [Dr. Frederick Larsen] is very knowledgeable and I felt very confident with his work. He went over my test results and went over all the possibilities I have very strong confidence that this doctor will help me and I really felt like he really cares about his patients... The treatment for me was to start off with testing my husband and just doing general testing so we can move forward with the fertility
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Care of AZ- Phoenix] was absolutely beautiful very clean and very inviting and warm. I felt very comfortable there and would definitely recommend this clinic if somebody needs . The front desk lady was super nice and helpful... Considering that I don’t have insurance I thought their cash price discount was very generous... The nurses were very nice
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
The doctor is very knowledgeable and I felt very confident with his work. He went over my test results and went over all the possibilities I have very strong confidence that this doctor will help me and I really felt like he really cares about his patients
Just keep doing what you’re doing
Very warm person and very detailed about his work and just felt very comfortable
The nurses were very nice
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic was absolutely beautiful very clean and very inviting and warm. I felt very comfortable there and would definitely recommend this clinic if somebody needs . The front desk lady was super nice and helpful
Phoenix

My dosages were adjusted [by Dr. Kummer] based on monitoring. I then used a Lupron trigger instead of an HCG trigger in order to prevent OHSS. I ended up having 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, and 4 made it to the blastocyst stage...never ever treated us like a number. Every time we saw her, she took her time, got to know us as people (not just patients), and truly cared about us. In addition, all care was personalized to us, not just a standard "we will do this".
We did PGS testing [at Advanced Fertility Care] and 3 were normal. The cycle was a freeze all. Approximately 6 weeks after IVF we did a frozen embryo transfer with one embryo...The whole staff, including all nurses, assistants, and secretaries, at the clinic was amazing! Sandy, the IVF coordinator, was so sweet. I called her multiple times after hours and she never ever sounded frustrated with my questions...Our IVF cycle with PGS and ICSI was approximately $16,525.
We met with Dr. Kummer after switching from another local clinic that was unwilling to do the same protocol with us that was successful with our son 3 years earlier. From the moment she started talking with us, my husband and I knew that we had found the perfect fit for us to continue our journey. Since we already knew our diagnosis, we moved straight to an IUI. Dr. Kummer made it pretty clear that because of my diagnosis, an IUI with oral medications would be our best option, not using injectables. After a failed IUI, not at all her fault, I sat down with Dr. Kummer, and we decided that IVF was our best option. Continuing to do IUIs did not make much sense to us financially. However, Dr. Kummer NEVER pushed us to IVF. I'm so grateful for that. Moving to IVF is a large decision, and I'm happy we came to that on our own with her support. We had some bumps during our IVF cycle, and Dr. Kummer was so great at communicating with me and helping me to be less anxious. She understood my anxieties and didn't make me feel like I was stupid or irrational, instead just took the time to reassure and show compassion.
Ask her any questions that you have! She will not hide stuff from you and won't judge you. She is great at explaining and taking time to discuss everything.
Dr. Kummer never ever treated us like a number. Every time we saw her, she took her time, got to know us as people (not just patients), and truly cared about us. In addition, all care was personalized to us, not just a standard "we will do this". She was honest with us about what she thought would get us the best results, and also cared about our feelings. She is truly a gem in the fertility world!
My IUI cycle was 5 mg days 5-9, then monitored, and using stair step method with 5mg for five more days. Resulted in only one follicle. Negative pregnancy test. My IVF cycle was a mix of Gonal-F, Menopur, and Ganirelix. My dosages were adjusted based on monitoring. I then used a Lupron trigger instead of an HCG trigger in order to prevent OHSS. I ended up having 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, and 4 made it to the blastocyst stage. We did PGS testing and 3 were normal. The cycle was a freeze all. Approximately 6 weeks after IVF we did a frozen embryo transfer with one embryo. For this, I started with estrogen patches, then added estrogen pills based on my blood work. 5 days before transfer, we started progesterone in oil injections. Medicine is then continued until week 10. The transfer was successful!
The whole staff, including all nurses, assistants, and secretaries, at the clinic was amazing! Sandy, the IVF coordinator, was so sweet. I called her multiple times after hours and she never ever sounded frustrated with my questions. She also had to do a lot of reassuring for me! The other nurses and staff were SO great, too. They were always happy and outgoing when they saw me and would help to comfort me after some tough ultrasounds. It truly felt like family. I wish I could go there for my whole pregnancy!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
A huge strength to this clinic is that you see a doctor at EVERY visit! This is not typical, but is SO important to me and my husband. A doctor performs every ultrasound and is able to tell you what they are thinking right then. In addition, it really makes you feel that they care about you more instead of just being a number. I really can't think of any weaknesses. There are three doctors at the clinic, and you will likely see them all. Dr. Kummer and Dr. Larsen are a bit more specific and compassionate in their explanations. They take a lot of time with you. My experience with Dr. Z was that he was more blunt and not as descriptive, often causing me more anxiety than needed. Once you see all three, try to schedule around your preferred provider(s).
Our IVF cycle with PGS and ICSI was approximately $16,525.
Describe Nicole Kummer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Advanced Fertility Care doctor strongly encourage, but do not mandate, an eSET.
Nicole Kummer

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Larsen always gave us the validation that no question was too small, too unimportant, or too stupid....We started with unmedicated IUI's as I had no pre-existing issues that we knew about. After 2 failed cycles, I had an HSG to check my fallopian tubes and found a filling defect in my uterus. Dr Larsen performed a sonohistogram the following week and saw several polyps or fibroids in my uterus. He was very honest and candid with his recommendation to proceed with a hysteroscopy to remove them, as he felt this could be why I had not gotten pregnant yet. After the hysteroscopy I wanted to try 1 more unmedicated cycle, which he agreed was perfectly reasonable. That IUI resulted in a pregnancy, but unfortunately ended in a missed miscarriage. As I explained above, his care an
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] feels very strongly that eSET is a safer and more effective approach than multiple embryo transfers...The strength of AFC is definitely how they treat their patients. Everyone greets you with a smile and calls you by name. My spouse and I felt so supported and encouraged by the receptionists and nurses, and we really felt that they were rooting for us to get pregnant...Each visit, I was always greeted by first name and recognized as a returning client. At no point did I have to retell details or "my story" as Dr. Larson always was up to date with my most current statues. Specifically, when I ended up in the hospital with a ruptured ectopic pregnancy Dr. Larson checked in on both myself and my spouse several times to see how we were doing, which was on a weekend, during his time off.
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Larsen approached me as a patient but made me feel as though I was a family member, always having my best interest at heart. While he always shared both risks and benefits, his knowledge and talent put me at ease with every decision I made. At no point did Dr. Larsen make me feel forced into a decision; he showed support and empathy during all of our interactions. When I experienced my miscarriage, Dr. Larsen showed an incredible amount of empathy, reminding me over and over that it was nothing I did wrong. After he discovered the baby had no heartbeat and it would not be a viable pregnancy, Dr. Larsen said to take as much time as I needed in the room but then wanted to meet with myself and my spouse before I left. Being able to talk with him right after such tragic news was comforting to myself and my spouse. He went above and beyond to check on me while I miscarried at home from a physical, emotional and mental perspective. While having a miscarriage is a lonely experience, I felt Dr. Larsen was always available for any questions or concerns I had.
Don't be afraid to ask anything! Even the questions that seem unimportant or that you feel you should already know the answer to, Dr Larsen always gave us the validation that no question was too small, too unimportant, or too stupid.
We started with unmedicated IUI's as I had no pre-existing issues that we knew about. After 2 failed cycles, I had an HSG to check my fallopian tubes and found a filling defect in my uterus. Dr Larsen performed a sonohistogram the following week and saw several polyps or fibroids in my uterus. He was very honest and candid with his recommendation to proceed with a hysteroscopy to remove them, as he felt this could be why I had not gotten pregnant yet. After the hysteroscopy I wanted to try 1 more unmedicated cycle, which he agreed was perfectly reasonable. That IUI resulted in a pregnancy, but unfortunately ended in a missed miscarriage. As I explained above, his care and compassion throughout that process was incredible. My spouse and I felt so supported. Once healed emotionally and physically, we did 3 medicated IUI cycles with Clomid. Dr Larsen adjusted the Clomid dose appropriately each time to target the recommended number of follicles. After each failed cyle I would return more discouraged than before, but he always remained honest and optimistic. After those failed cycles I asked him if it was worth checking for polyps again, and he agreed that while they usually wait 9 months to a year to check, there were no other clear reasons why I was not getting pregnant so he felt it was a good idea. Sure enough, I had more polyps, and Dr Larsen performed my second hysteroscopy. This was in December, and he was so mindful of finances and a huge advocate for getting me in before the end of the year before my deductible and out-of-pocket started over. Our 7th IUI after that was another Clomid cycle that resulted in a positive pregnancy, but ended as a ruptured ectopic pregnancy at 5 weeks. We did a follow-up visit with him a few weeks later, where he gave us his opinion that IVF should be our next step. Knowing that the cost and process of IVF was a known fear of mine, he did not push us AT ALL to make that decision, and even said that he would agree to one or two more IUI's if that's what we wanted to do. Because of our trust in Dr Larsen and the clinic, we are looking forward to confidently moving forward with IVF in the next few weeks.
AFC is very unique in that you see a doctor at every single visit, and they are the ones performing all ultrasounds and any other procedures. With that said, the nurses were always friendly, helpful, and remembered us each time. Whenever I called with a question for the clinical staff, they would always check with the doctor to make sure what they were telling me was correct.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic feels very strongly that eSET is a safer and more effective approach than multiple embryo transfers.

Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
the protocols were pretty standard [with Dr. Frederick Larsen]. They checked in on our progress every other day and changed any necessary doses or medications. Both the retrieval and transfer were successful and I think that's because our doctor knew what he was doing...listened to every concern and always answered our questions thoroughly, unlike the other doctors in the clinic. He was patient and we could tell he genuinely cared about the outcome. He was invested in our success like a family member.
Our doctor [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] was opposed to transferring two due to an increased chance of complications. However, we were adamant about transferring two. He reviewed all of the dangers with us, but respected our decision and allowed us to do so...They were more costly than the first clinic we tried, but it was worth every penny. They saw us so often and did so much that it didn't feel like a waste.
Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
Dr. Larsen listened to every concern and always answered our questions thoroughly, unlike the other doctors in the clinic. He was patient and we could tell he genuinely cared about the outcome. He was invested in our success like a family member.
Be your own advocate. If there's something you don't agree with or understand, bring it to their attention! They'll accommodate you.
Most of the time, I felt like the clinic staff knew me and treated me really well. Occasionally, I would have to see another doctor. When it came to retrieval and transfer, they clumped all the patients together for dates and that's when it felt like we were a number.
I can't remember all the specifics but the protocols were pretty standard. They checked in on our progress every other day and changed any necessary doses or medications. Both the retrieval and transfer were successful and I think that's because our doctor knew what he was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona. (Assigned nurse: Gabrielle)
Everyone was very kind and welcoming. They always acted professionally and many knew my name by the end of our treatment.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The only weakness I can think of is that occasionally there were only appointment spots in Mesa or Gilbert so I had to drive to different locations. I also didn't love seeing the other doctors. The biggest strength is that I always felt safe and in good hands.
Our doctor was opposed to transferring two due to an increased chance of complications. However, we were adamant about transferring two. He reviewed all of the dangers with us, but respected our decision and allowed us to do so.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
A couple times I called the clinic about results because I wanted to make sure to catch them before they closed. It sounded like they were still getting back to calls at the time so it's possible they were going to call me after hours.