Genetic counseling: Offered
480-413-2229
9819 North 95th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-874-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona to a friend?
9.7

2 doctors
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Advanced Fertility Care is the 3rd clinic I've been to, and definitely my favorite. You see a doctor at every appointment, and can easily/quickly reach your doctor via phone to speak directly with them. Sherri, their embryologist, is an absolute gem. In my experience, most embryologists are very technical and not super warm, but Sherri is the perfect combination of both and talked me off the ledge multiple times. The accessibility to your team of experts at this clinic is amazing and something I didn't experience at my previous 2 clinics. I do wish they had a more consistent group of medical assistance staff - part of that is that they rotate between the 3 offices, so sometimes you'll see new faces, but they are very frequently training a new staff member. They do a great job with their injection training! My previous clinic told me to watch the videos on Freedom Pharmacy's website; these videos are great, but I would have been so much more prepared if I'd had the personalized instruction like they do here. Their cash pay rates are quite expensive, I could not afford to use AFC if I didn't have insurance, but they have been such a pleasure to work with. And while I don't have a baby in my arms yet, Dr. Z helped me achieve my first ever pregnancy, and I'm hopeful that our next transfer will be successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
My IVF coordinator/nurse Sandy is awesome. She is accessible, informative, compassionate, and stayed on top of prescriptions with my multiple pharmacies. Her IVF support nurse Bree is also very easy to get in touch with and helpful. The clinic nurses are a bit more inconsistent, and seems to be a fair amount of turnover.
How was your experience with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
I love Dr. Z! He is very candid but in a gentle way, and talks to you like you are a real person, not "just" a patient. He has a great sense of humor, and calls you directly with good news and bad news, rather than having nurses deliver messages. There are 3 doctors that rotate between the clinic locations, but Dr. Zoneraich is my favorite. I saw Dr. Larsen for a few appointments and he is a close second, he is warm and kind and takes the time to explain things in detail. I saw Dr. Kummer once at a follicle check for my IVF cycle that wasn't going well, and she was pretty blunt and negative about my chances of getting cancelled, not nearly as compassionate as Dr. Zoneraich or Dr. Larsen. I just didn't jive with her as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Don't be afraid to ask about additional procedures or unconventional treatments. Dr. Zoneraich was fairly aggressive with my IVF protocol and willing to try things that "can't hurt, might help." But when I asked about the ERA test before transfer he said that he didn't suggest it for people until they'd had multiple failed transfers. When I decided I wanted to do it anyway (I'd had 1 failed transfer with another clinic) he was totally supportive and agreed to do it. Same thing with PGS testing - he suggested it for me but was not pushy at all when I declined. He's fairly conservative but willing to discuss alternatives and flexible with your preferences.
Describe the protocols Nathaniel Zoneraich used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
Because of my age (39 at the time) and previous poor response at another clinic, Dr. Zoneraich suggested a microdose Lupron flare protocol, but also wanted to add in HGH/Omnitrope in hopes that it would help with egg quality. In my previous IVF at another clinic I'd started with a decent antral count, had many follicles but few contained eggs, and was unsuccessful. My cycle with Dr. Z also started with a good antral count, but my mid-cycle follicle checks showed only 3-5 follicles growing. We discussed canceling, but Dr. Z felt we should proceed if we had at least 3, and my husband really wanted to go for it. I'm glad I listened to them, because when I came out of anesthesia they told me there were 15 eggs. I made the nurse double check because I thought she'd mixed me up with another patient! I don't know how or why they all decided to grow in the 2 days between my last scan and retrieval, but was obviously thrilled. Of the 15 retrieved, 12 were mature, 7 fertilized, and 4 made it to blast - 1 excellent and 3 good. We did the ERA test at my request and learned that I was pre-receptive by 12 hours, and planned my progesterone timing appropriately for our FET cycle. We transferred 2 embryos, which led to our first ever positive pregnancy test. Sadly our betas didn't double and we lost the pregnancy very early. Because my tests are all fine, Dr. Z and I agree that it was likely due to chromosomal abnormality due to my age, as we did not do PGS testing. However, we were all encouraged by the fact that we finally were able to achieve pregnancy. We have 2 embryos still frozen, and plan to transfer them in 2019.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Thankfully my insurance covered our IVF cycle with AFC, so our costs have been mostly limited to our deductible and out of pocket max.
Describe Nathaniel Zoneraich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Dr. Zoneraich refers to the ASRM guidelines, and agreed with my preference to transfer 2 embryos, since I was 39 and the embryos were not PGS tested. For PGS embryos, I think he prefers single embryo transfer regardless of age group. In the "IVF packet" of paperwork given prior to your cycle, they included testimonials of a patient that had a multiple gestation and had difficulties/premature birth. They definitely want their patients informed of the risk!
Mesa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and bled every week until I was 18 weeks pregnant. Sandy [nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] was always available to discuss this and made me feel better without over-exaggerating that things would turn out ok...Everything is cutting edge and perfectly coordinated. Even though I am an RN, the injection teaching was very helpful and the staff made sure to go over everything with me and were all always very professional. Costs were always discussed ahead of time and were never a surprise.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Z personally called me with my pregnancy results and would always call back within the hour if he was on call and I needed anything after hours. He outlined a very personalized plan for me that ended up turning out exactly how he predicted.
I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and bled every week until I was 18 weeks pregnant. Sandy was always available to discuss this and made me feel better without over-exaggerating that things would turn out ok.
I feel Dr. Z is extremely up-to-date with effective IVF protocols and does not waste your time or money with extra “fluff” that hasn’t been proven to work. As an RN myself who works in an area that encounters other women who have gone through IVF with other doctors, I really felt that Dr. Z and his protocol was very personalized and evidence-based. He did give me 3 options at the start and I initially was going to do IUI but I had 5 mature follicles and I was scared to chance the risk of multiples. I was also surprised that I had that many follicles with my diagnosis of probably early diminished ovarian reserve. I was scared that I wouldn’t produce enough follicles. When I decided to do IVF because I felt like Inhadnmore control, I was astonished to have at least 10 mature follicles for each ovary during my scan. I asked how this was possible with my low AMH but they said they would rather see me have a high AFC with an low AMH than a normal AMH and a low AFC. My AMH was 1.15 at age 34. At my egg retrieval I ended up with 24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertilized (conventional), 6 made it to day 6 and 3 were normal via PGS. We transferred one embryo and are blessed with a beautiful baby girl.
Have faith in the process and do everything in your power to follow the protocol exactly.
I don’t specifically remember but I know I used birth control, lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F, Pregnyl trigger, estrogen patches, PIO injections and progesterone suppositories. I also used a prenatal vitamin, aspirin 81 mg and abstained from all caffeine until my second trimester.
Insurance at the time covered $5000 of any fertility treatment and I paid around $14,000 for my IVF cycle (some of that was included in the $5k because all I did prior was Clomid and monitoring because I decided not to do IUi). My medications were around $5000.
Dr. Z encourages eSET for PGS embryos and even has a packet with a story of a patient who begged him to transfer 2 PGS embryos and she ended up with triplets and it was a rough go for her (her words) in the beginning.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
if any member of staff [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] did not know an answer they worked to find out and would always follow through to make sure I was content and satisfied with their answers, and that I was taken care of in all ways...I think they [nurses] could be a little more informed about the overall procedures and protocols because there were times they had to go ask and find out answers, this is fine and they always made sure to get me answers but if there was something they could work toward it would be advisable to always be educating all the staff I would think.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
They were always good about answering the phone calls or getting right back to me and getting the answers I needed/wanted. I think they could be better at their descriptions/explainations of the financials, it didn’t feel deceptive or misleading but more just like they could be more formalized and have all options planned out- just a little more organized with some of the business side of this stuff.
Dr. Z and his staff were responsive not only to the physical clinical stuff but also my personality, I ask a lot of questions and had done, and continue to, a lot of research which I am sure can be annoying to them but they never made me feel that way, never felt rushed or as if they were being dismissive but always listened to and if any member of staff did not know an answer they worked to find out and would always follow through to make sure I was content and satisfied with their answers, and that I was taken care of in all ways.
I think they could be a little more informed about the overall procedures and protocols because there were times they had to go ask and find out answers, this is fine and they always made sure to get me answers but if there was something they could work toward it would be advisable to always be educating all the staff I would think.
I believe Dr. Zoneraich was an excellent doctor especially for me because he was very good at explaining and answering my many questions and above all he seemed responsive to me personally, I told him I would like things to be very matter of fact and clinical and always frank and technical as much as if possible and that is how he was, I could tell he still was kind and empathetic in his approach at times which really makes me think he is able to work with a patient in their own preferred way, had I wanted a more sweet compassionate hold my hand type of doctor I think he would have been but that is not how I want things medically and especially with all the miscarriages and crap leading up to going to see him I knew I would do best with some one who would help me keep it professional and avoid more emotions as much as possible for my own composure.
I would say let him know your expectations up front, as much as possible be open with him about; what you want, what you know and what you hope to learn, how you want the experience to go, how you prefer to be treated/talked to- honestly it might sound odd but basically if you want things sugar coated and or broached very carefully or just frank and more scientifically/medically direct.
We have retrieved eggs, from one of my sisters, and fertilized them with my spouse and frozen the embryos but I haven’t done any implantations yet, we are saving up again for that second phase.
We spent about 3-5k going through testing to find out why we had recurrent pregnancy losses, and then just over 17k to get my sister ready for being an egg donor and then retrieving fertilizing and freezing
Dr. Z has said he would recommend one but we can discuss doing two once we get closer to that point.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[at Advanced Fertility Care of AZ-Mesa] IVF for severe male factor. With ICSI and PGD testing.... Overall warm,Kind and caring. I felt so comfortable through the entire process. All staff was amazing. (Except for one nurse after my retrieval). Even the embryologist who spent at least 2,45 min phone conversations with me to discuss my embryos. She was a gem (sherry is her name) I can not recommend them enough. Also they adjusted their schedule to accommodate me so that I didn’t have to go through IVF while teaching and can have it done through summer vacation. (Was a big mixup on my part, but they worked it out for me)
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
When I would call and say my first name they knew exactly who I was. I was given plenty of time. NEVER RUSHED
She was sweet. Nice. Informative. And worked with me and my needs not just their schedule
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
How was your experience with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Larsen is kind, patient, caring and extremely knowledgeable. I met him at a friends house who was hosting a Qand A about infertility. He was the guest speaker he volunteered what must have been 2 hours of his time to answer every single question posed to him that night. After that I made an apt to do my next IVF treatment with him. He is so incredibly kind. And when things don’t go as planned you see it pains him too. You feel like you’re in this together. He’s my 3rd IVF dr and after being treated by him I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Come with all your questions because he will give you as much time you need to go through everything. Also if there is a religious concern bring it up to him. He will accommodate you as much he can. He has gone above and beyond for my religious needs (as a Jew) with no judgment
Describe the protocols Frederick Larsen used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
IVF for severe male factor. With ICSI and PGD testing. Based on my previous failed cycles he decided it was needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Describe Frederick Larsen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
He is a big proponent of eSET. Really doesn’t budge unless Mother’s age or other factors
Mesa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] was very clean. It didn’t feel like a doctors office. I have been to their Scottsdale and Mesa office. Both waiting rooms are beautiful, offering complimentary coffee and water. I only wish the front desk staff took phone calls in a private area. They openly talk to patients on the phone.... I was surprised to learn the low cost of clomid ministim compared to IVF. It was approximately $3,000 for all tests such as ultrasound and blood work once treatment started as well as the clomid, Gonal F and trigger shot.
European, Other
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic was very clean. It didn’t feel like a doctors office. I have been to their Scottsdale and Mesa office. Both waiting rooms are beautiful, offering complimentary coffee and water. I only wish the front desk staff took phone calls in a private area. They openly talk to patients on the phone.
Dr. Zoneraich helped me understand my diagnosis in non-medical terminology. He drew pictures to help explain and allow me to visualize what was happening. I particularly like that our discussions were in his office and only medical treatments were in an exam room because it can be overwhelming. He didn’t tell me what I had to do but gave me 3 options to go home and discuss before calling him with a decision. He was very thorough and I never felt judged being 25 and not married as I did with my first opinion doctor. Glad I sought a second opinion and glad it was with Dr. Z. We now have a friend seeking treatment options from him and will be back when we are ready for a second child ourselves! We love AFC!
The nursing staff made you feel comfortable during the process. They also call promptly with results and are the ones to let you know your pregnancy results!
Dr. Z spoke to me as a friend, not a patient. He was sincere, thorough and gave me hope during I time I needed it most. I particularly like that he called me personally to discuss a treatment question I had and not a nurse. Being 25 and unmarried, I was worried I would be negatively persuaded to choose one decision when in fact, Dr. Z gave us multiple options and explained all pros and cons of each.
Check your insurance coverage! Mine covered diagnostic testing up until I started treatment. Also, write questions down before arriving. I was often overwhelmed and lost my train of thought and forgot to ask questions while there.
I was diagnosed with Early Ovarian Failure. I had the option to induce a period with progesterone but ended up not needing it. Dr. Z gave us three treatment options to discuss. First, clomid ministim which was 5 days of clomid pills, 3 days of Gonal F injections and finally a trigger shot with times intercourse. This is the option we chose. 2nd option was IVF and the 3rd was to do nothing because we didn’t know how fast my eggs were depleting. Unfortanetly, I ovulated over Memorial Day weekend so my first treatment failed because the office was closed. However, they so kindly offered me a discount on repeating the cycle the following month since the failure was no ones fault. The second cycle gave us a happy, healthy baby girl!
Scottsdale

The clinic [Advanced Fertility Care] is run line a finely tuned instrument! Between the doctors, nursing staff, IVF nurse and receptionist they all work in-sync and provide clear communication. They answer emails and return phone calls promptly, which is always appreciated! There are 3 clinic locations and they're all beautiful and clean facilities.... Everyone on staff always greets you with a smile! They're understanding and compassionate and they've always walked me through any blood work, tests or procedures I was having. They're great at providing peace of mind.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic is run line a finely tuned instrument! Between the doctors, nursing staff, IVF nurse and receptionist they all work in-sync and provide clear communication. They answer emails and return phone calls promptly, which is always appreciated! There are 3 clinic locations and they're all beautiful and clean facilities.
Dr. Larsen has never made us feel like a number! He has a way of ensuring I know I am top priority at each visit. He's opened our eyes by providing a clear understanding of what's going on with my body and and why we've had to go from plan A to plan B to plan C, and he did it in a way that we understood while being empathetic! He laid out what we could expect from day one so there weren't any surprises. He is patient & understanding and provided a smooth transition into our upcoming IVF cycle!
My experience as Dr. Larsen's patient can be described as a learning experience. It's been a journey! Because of him I have a better understanding of my body and my infertility issues. With his guidance in this journey I have a new found strength and hope that we'll have a baby someday soon!
What are you waiting for? You're not getting any younger! Make an appointment for a consult with Dr. Larsen so you too can begin your journey and be one step closer to building your family! You will find everything you need in him as a fertility doctor and you'll be pleased with his staff as well!
We began with oral medication starting at a low dosage and worked our way up when we saw that my body just wasn't responding. Reason for that is because everyone is different and as as such responds differently to specific treatment & dosages. When the oral meds weren't working he introduced injetable meds that his staff taught me how to self inject at home. Unfortunately after several months of trying this protocol and seeing that it wasn't working for me we then began discussing IVF. At our IVF consult he sat us down and explained the process in detail, provided medical visual aids to help give us a better understanding. All the while we never once felt rushed!
My insurance covered almost all of my procedures & medications as long as it was used in conjunction with natural conception/timed intercourse. Very few expenses were out of pocket and not reimbursible, which I was ok with. Now that we'll be pursuing IVF this will be completely out of pocket as our insurance will not cover any of it.
He has expressed that single over multiple transfers is preferred because of the associated risks that come with multiple births. He also explained that the chances of multiples is higher with IVF over natural conception. After much discussion On his point of view I understand why one embryo transfer is safer. I'm much more comfortable knowing Dr. Larsen is looking out for the long term health and safety of myself and our futur baby/babies! If I'm going to invest all this time, money, invest my body and emotions into the IVF process, why would I want to risk me or my babies health just for the possibility of twins/multiples? I understand that the decision of implanting one or more embryo is a personal choice or dependent of each individual situation, but I feel Dr. Larsen (and myself) have valid points to consider.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
I saw multiple nurses [at Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] and they were all friendly. The ivf coordinator and embryologist were both fantastic.... Monitoring appointments were always specifically scheduled - I had a specific time, I went in, and was out within 15 minutes .... The strengths are there are three locations and three doctors you can see - it doesn't have to be your primary doctor. The weakness is that not all of the locations are always open. All of the offices are really nice and comfortable.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Dr. Larson was wonderful in explaining the process to us all through our IVF cycle. Although he could have been more 'human' when one of our transferred embryos doesn't make it, he was still there to explain it to us. It was a huge improvement from our first RE, who was extremely cold and didn't stay in the room long enough to explain anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
I saw multiple nurses and they were all friendly. The ivf coordinator and embryologist were both fantastic.
Dr. Larson explains everything in great detail and never seems in a rush during an appointment. He doesn't mind questions and will answer them thoroughly. He is kind yet direct. He told us upfront when he was concerned about one of our babies not developing properly. He prepared us, gently, for the possibility of losing one of the twins. He was caring and tried to help us stay positive. If we were to do IVF again, I would use Dr. Larson and his clinic without question.
I would tell you that he is very weary of transferring two embryos and will heavily advise you against it. He will thoroughly explain all of the risks involved, although in the end, it will be up to you. He respects your decision in the end.
Dr. Larson recommended one or two more IUI's before moving onto IVF - he believed we hadn't exhausted that option yet. We tried one more on Femara but it was unsuccessful. We decided to move into ivf and he supported our decision. He had me on birth control for two weeks and then stop to get my cycle on their calendar. Then I took birth control for another 3 weeks I believe while also starting Lupron during the last week of bc. I took Lupron for 10 days and then started Stims, adding 150 Menopur and 225 Gonal-f to the Lupron. The Lupron decreased during Stims. After 8 days of Stims, I increased my Gonal-f to I think 300. All of my meds were combined into one injection. After 10 days of Stims, we triggered with Novarel. During my last ultrasound they saw 8 follicles, but 9 eggs were retrieved, 8 were mature and 7 fertilized with ICSI. Of those 7, 2 made it to day 5 and both were transferred since we had none left to freeze. I wanted the best chance at getting pregnant so we decided to transfer both. Both embryos implanted, but we lost one baby around 10 weeks. It was not progressing or growing as fast as baby A.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The IUI total cost was around $1000 I believe, and the ivf was $10,000 plus $1,500 for icsi.
Dr. Larson strongly suggests the transfer of one embryo, not two. In my case, because we had none left to freeze and this was our only chance, he agreed to transfer both.
Phoenix

[Advanced Fertility Center] Strengths: all procedures are always done by one of the doctors. They have 3 offices located around the valley. Weakness: I don't know if this is a "weakness," but the clinic does have multiple offices (which is a strength). However, the doctor's rotate offices...you may not see your primary doctor. ...The nursing staff was always available when I needed them...they do charge a % more if you use a credit card vs cash/check if you are paying a high amount of costs.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Strengths: all procedures are always done by one of the doctors. They have 3 offices located around the valley. Weakness: I don't know if this is a "weakness," but the clinic does have multiple offices (which is a strength). However, the doctor's rotate offices. So, if you are limited on which office to get care from and limited on the day you can attend, - you may not see your primary doctor. There are 3 doctors on staff. The other doctors were nice (which is a strength as well). But I did prefer to see my doctor because I had built such a personal relationship with him and just felt more comfortable with him.
Dr. Larsen personally performed all my procedures while I was TTC (ultrasound monitoring, egg retrieval, egg transfer, etc.). He met with my personally for post-cycle consults and to discuss the next course of action. He explained every single detail, the statistics, and answered every single question I had. He provided great personal attention while I was in his care.
The nursing staff was always available when I needed them. They explained things to me and when I called for additional questions, they were always quick to respond or find an answer. They were also very compassionate with me. I had a difficult time while TTC and the nurses were always there to provide a hug and reassuring words. I truly appreciate the care and attention I received from them.
I really like Dr. Larsen! He's very nice and personable. He took the time to address all my concerns and to make the appropriate adjustments to my cycles. I feel like things went as well as they could have (under what was controllable like meds) and that my protocols were changed appropriately.
Ask questions, Dr. Larsen will answer them. If he doesn't have an answer right away -- he'll research it and get back to you. He is very approachable and knowledgeable.
I did not have any known fertility issues. The first thing we did was do some baseline tests to make sure my fallopian tubes were open, check my blood levels, and check for any uterine fibroids/polyps. I appreciated the complete pre-fertility treatment workup that I received and felt that it was thorough and gave me a good place to start. Without any known issues with my baseline assessment, we started off with IUI with a low dose of Clomid and a trigger shot. We slowly increased the Clomid dosage with each IUI. When I continued to have failed cycles, we moved onto a mini-stim cycle that combined Clomid with Injectables. Eventually after 6 failed IUI monitored and medicated cycles, I moved onto IVF. There were no indications on why the IUI's did not work, as my fertility numbers looked good. I was eventually diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. With my good reaction to the injectables during my IUI's, I started off on the Luteal Lupron Protocol for my first IVF cycle. Unfortunately I did not react well to the protocol and my cycle was cancelled due to non-response. My next IVF round we changed the protocol to the Microdose Lupron Flare protocol, which did lead to an egg retrieval which resulted in 5-day blastocysts, one of which would lead to a pregnancy through a FET protocol.
For IUI's the monitoring appointments were a little bit easier, because you had more flexibility on when to go in. For IVF, there was a morning window that had to be met so they can make appropriate adjustments to your medications (if needed). I do want to add that I never had a long wait in this office. I was seen on-time and was in/out in no time. I appreciated their promptness and how smoothly the office runs.
All their costs are listed on their website. If you have insurance coverage, the costs will differ depending what your insurance covers. I will say that they do charge a % more if you use a credit card vs cash/check if you are paying a high amount of costs. I would also double check that their lab is covered under your insurance. They have their own lab that they use and if the clinic is covered, that doesn't mean the lab is covered. Best to check that both are under coverage because the lab fees are the largest charges when you're doing IVF.
Dr. Larsen provides his suggestions on the number of embryos to transfer based on your personal situation, which I appreciated. Dr. Larsen is very good at looking at your history and then quoting what he believes the odds are of success. For example, I did not want twins - so we stuck with eSETS until my last FET where I decided to transfer two. Since I had previously failed FET's and with my personal history of unexplained infertility, the odds were only one embryo would implant (which is how it turned out for me).
Mesa

The rest of their office staff [at Advanced Fertility Care] is always very friendly and asks how things are going. No matter how many times you go, they always remind you to use the restroom if you have to or other little things that makes you feel like they care about your experience as well...The only issue we had was with billing once and it was related to our portion out of pocket for the last required IUI — AFC told us we needed to pay the deductible and then 10% of the cost (which was how we had read the insurance documents as well). However when we got the EOB from our insurance, we determined that we were really only supposed to pay a $35 copay. AFC quickly got this resolved and put it on our account as a credit toward embryo freezing fees since we were in the middle of our IVF cycle by the time it all got billed, reviewed, and paid by our insurance company...I truly could not be happier that we chose Advanced Fertility Care as our first (and only) fertility clinic as I fully believe we have received amazing service and care.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The rest of their office staff is always very friendly and asks how things are going. No matter how many times you go, they always remind you to use the restroom if you have to or other little things that makes you feel like they care about your experience as well. The only issue we had was with billing once and it was related to our portion out of pocket for the last required IUI — AFC told us we needed to pay the deductible and then 10% of the cost (which was how we had read the insurance documents as well). However when we got the EOB from our insurance, we determined that we were really only supposed to pay a $35 copay. AFC quickly got this resolved and put it on our account as a credit toward embryo freezing fees since we were in the middle of our IVF cycle by the time it all got billed, reviewed, and paid by our insurance company. We did have embryos to freeze so it didn’t matter but we were also assured that if we didn’t have embryos to freeze, we would be reimbursed the appropriate amount. One piece of advice: Know what your insurance does and doesn’t cover ahead of time.
I was impressed at our first visit that Dr. Larsen himself spent so much time seeing us. He went through the most common causes of infertility, provided data regarding infertility, and then went through each and every test that we would go through to determine a cause of our infertility (if possible). Not only did he provide all this information verbally, he wrote it all down and then gave us that information to keep for our reference. Beyond that, he had a packet of preprinted information related to infertility FAQs, information about the testing process, etc which allowed us to feel quite comfortable when it was time to actually go in for all the testing. Once we completed the testing, we went back in and met with Dr. Larsen again to go through all of our results and our potential next steps. (I have heard of many others that see the doctor for their initial consultation but then once all the tests are done, they see an NP or PA to review their results and let them know the plans.) Once again, Dr. Larsen reviewed all of potential options, risks and benefits of each, chance of conceiving per cycle with each, as well as standard FAQ type documents. After seeing Dr. Larsen, we met with some of the ladies in billing to discuss the costs of each different type of service and provided handouts with that information. From then on any time I would call to start a new cycle or schedule an appointment, I could typically be seen either first thing in the AM or late in PM which worked best for my own work schedule. The only time I didn’t see Dr. Larsen or Dr. Z was when I only had to do blood draws — otherwise every single ultrasound, scan, IUI, etc was completed by one of the doctors. After my first failed IUI, Dr. Larsen and I discussed the game plan going forward and decided to increase my dose of clomid to hopefully improve my chances. When that didn’t work, we moved on to Clomid with Gonal F — which ended up causing some side effects. After that failed IUI, when the RN called with my negative pregnancy test, I asked for the next game plan, Dr. Z called me back within the hour (Dr. Larsen was on vacation that week) and explained to me what we should consider going forward — I felt quite comfortable that Dr. Z had reviewed my chart and knew what I had previously tried to know what to recommend next. He once again answered all my questions and told me to call back or email if anything else came up. We did one more IUI with Femara and Gonal F — which was unsuccessful. After the 4th IUI, my husband and I decided to move to IVF after the first of the year (we were transitioning to insurance that covered IVF) but spent an hour meeting with Dr. Larsen to review the entire process from day 1 to day of the pregnancy test so that we would feel comfortable. We reviewed all of the potential risks as well as the clinic’s data in terms of success. We were once again provided with a handwritten sheet that covered all of the necessary information as well as preprinted FAQs about the process and common meds as well as the needed consent forms. With the change in the new year, we learned our new insurance required a 6th ovarian stem cycle, so we did the last IUI but once again Dr. Larsen adjusted my meds to try to give me the best outcomes. When that was not successful, we began IVF. The day after my initial scan, I received a calendar that provided me with important dates regarding when to start and what doses of meds to start. The office was VERY helpful when the pharmacy had trouble getting some of the meds authorized from my insurance and quickly completed the necessary forms on their end. Prior to the initiation of the lupin, gonal, and menopur, my husband and I went to the office and saw one of the RNs for about 30-45 minutes of education on injection technique and process for each other meds. It is worth noting that they said typically the appointments are longer but I work in health care and therefore knew how to do the injection technique for the most part which sped up the process. We also finalized all of our consent forms and went from there. Throughout the rest of the IVF cycle, I either saw Dr. Larsen, Dr. Z, or Dr Kummer (their newest associate) for every ultrasound and received a call or email from the office regarding adjustments to my medications. The retrieval and transfer process were flawless as well with Dr. Z and Dr. Kummer coming in and speaking with my husband and I prior to each for 5-10 minutes and asking us what questions we had. I felt quite comfortable during the entire process — the other benefit to me was the retrievals/transfers were done right at their Scottsdale office which I was quite familiar with already from all my other appointments so that helped decrease my nerves for the whole experience. After the retrieval, I was told how many eggs had been collected and then was called every day to every other day with updates on how many fertilized, got to 8 cells, and got to blastocyst stage. When we went for transfer, it was recommended to only transfer one blastocyst just based on the quality of them; my husband and I had already thought we only wanted one but it is important to know that they definitely push for single embryo transfers due to the risks of multiples with more embryos. I recently found out I was pregnant from the initial IVF — one thing I REALLY appreciated was that Dr. Larsen himself and others from the staff were on the phone to call me for my positive pregnancy test — after all that time, work, money, emotional toll, it was nice to hear it from the Dr himself and not just one of the staff — it really made me feel like I wasn’t just another patient in their clinic. I am now going every other day to every 3rd day for my HCG levels and get calls from the staff with the numbers and the plan to make sure I stay in the loop. I truly could not be happier that we chose Advanced Fertility Care as our first (and only) fertility clinic as I fully believe we have received amazing service and care. Just as a side note about the personalized care, my husband and I participated in the RESOLVE Walk for Hope and Dr. Larsen was there and while I doubt he knew our names, he did recognize us both, say hello and ask how we are doing. It just makes me think back to my friends and colleagues that have seen their actual Dr once or twice and always seen an NP, PA, or RN since then and agains makes me realize how great of care we really get from AFC.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
During my testing [at Advanced Fertility care] I was seen promptly at every appointment, I was never rescheduled or made to wait long periods of time at either the Phoenix or the Scottsdale locations. The nursing staff and phlebotomist were exceptional, very friendly, knowledgable and gentle! The front office staff was very friendly from my first phone conversation until the last time I was seen by them. They were very knowledgable about my insurance and were very forthcoming ab
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
During my testing I was seen promptly at every appointment, I was never rescheduled or made to wait long periods of time at either the Phoenix or the Scottsdale locations. The nursing staff and phlebotomist were exceptional, very friendly, knowledgable and gentle! The front office staff was very friendly from my first phone conversation until the last time I was seen by them. They were very knowledgable about my insurance and were very forthcoming about all finances from the beginning and again before every appointment. If I knew more people in the Phoenix area (we only lived their 6 months) I would recommend them to everyone!! This is my only way to do that I suppose!
Dr Larsen was great! We saw him for our initial diagnosis and testing appointments. After our final consult we had to move back to Washington State. I wish I could fly to Arizona to see him for the rest of our treatments.
While I was being seen at Advanced Fertility Care from April-June of 2016 I saw all three doctors at two of their facilities, but my primary RE was Dr Larsen. All three doctors, Dr Larsen, Dr Zoneraich, and Dr Kummer are wonderful! Our initial appointment with Dr Larsen was great, he explained fertility in a way no article online or book could ever get through to me. He went into details about our possible options dependent of course on our specific diagnosis. We were very upfront with him about the fact that we were having our diagnostic testing done only at his facility due to our last minute move and he was still super friendly and helpful! (He even showed me a secret way to check the success rates of other RE's online to help me pick a new doctor once we got home!!)

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr Frederick Larsen of Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us...I didn't appreciate being billed over $5300 (on top of the $500 already spent at the office) for lab tests only to find they didn't even test for everything. For example, there was no mention of my MTHFR mutation, which I found out about at my second doctor. That's a very common and important mutation to know about.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
When I decided to change clinics, I did so after canceling an appointment here at the last minute. I never heard from them asking why I didn't ever to come back.
During our first appointment, Dr Larsen met with us and told us the very basic process and how he works. He didn't even ask what we wanted, just assumed insemination and went with that angle for awhile before we interrupted to say we wanted to IVF to be able to do genetic testing and sex selection. What concerned my wife was that he acted like it was unethical do gender selection during IVF. When we expressed that we really wanted a girl, he said he'd check with his partner to see if it was okay. Of course he called the next day to say it was alright. This left a bad taste in my wife's mouth, but I wanted to give him another chance because I was confident he could get us pregnant. She felt his arbitrary ethical line was crossed for the prospect of money. The next appointment was for follicle count ultrasound and blood tests. Like the first appointment, payment was due at time of service. They broke it down for us and we paid $510 cash for both. They suggested more tests to look at my uterus that were over $1000, so we decided to get a second opinion and have since decided to go with another doctor. He got us an MRI for $400, which is a much more thorough exam than the $1000+ saline exam dr Larsen wanted to do check to out my fibroids more closely. We have since received bills for $5400 from an external lab for the blood test taken that day. We were not informed of this and not expecting this. My insurance does not cover any of this, and they knew at that time. When I called the doctor's office, they claimed I agreed to it. I might have signed some paper authorizing it (you sign a ton of papers) but nothing about what we agreed to pay. I find their business practices very upsetting. I felt taken advantage of.
Nice enough. Only got my blood drawn once there, so not much of an experience with them.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
He is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us.
You will probably get pregnant here, but you will have lots of expensive, surprise and unneccessary (they require a psych evaluation before starting IVF) tests performed in the process.
I'm still fighting this 8 months later. Paid for the consult ($300, and very quick and basic) and the first ultrasound and blood tests (paid $575 at office, was billed $5300 more through the off-site lab)

2010 - 2015
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Overall I felt like the clinic [Advanced Fertility Care] was organized, kind, and cared for the patients. I didn't feel like a number and I also felt like they remembered my situation every time which helped! ... I felt love from the whole staff [nursing]. It was obvious they all cared and wanted us to all succeed. I also felt safe that they were watching my cycle closely and knew more than I did ... which is great because it can be confusing!
2010 - 2015
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Overall I felt like the clinic was organized, kind, and cared for the patients. I didn't feel like a number and I also felt like they remembered my situation every time which helped! at other locations I felt like I was really explaining myself every single time I went.
I was a wreck during my treatments. Dr. Larsen always took the time to answer every question for me. It wasn't till I got pregnant and went to a regular OBGYN that I realized how wonderful him and his staff were! They were on top of everything for me and he was SO good about realistic expectations and still providing hope 💓 I would do anything to have him deliver my babies too because he truly cared about me and my family.
I felt love from the whole staff. It was obvious they all cared and wanted us to all succeed. I also felt safe that they were watching my cycle closely and knew more than I did 😂 which is great because it can be confusing!
I had dealt with 7 years of infertility and several dr.s before seeing Dr. Larsen. He was up front with me and real about that would be worth my time and not. I felt with him it was a out what's best for each patient rather than that helps him collect the most money (I dealt with that before) I felt comfortable with him and feel like he truly cared about my situation.
He has a different personality a little. He is very very much about being realistic and giving REAL results. He is kind and cares and also dealt with fertility treatments himself (his wife went through them so he understands both sides) he is kind and definitely just an all around good guy.
After years of doing cycles with chlmoed (we tried 7 years before getting pregnant) we went with Dr Larsen. He told me up front that IUI had a very low chance for implantation but it does work for some and may be worth a try for the price difference! We chose to do for cycles that failed. He each time told us it would probably be good to do IVF but it was our choice. We didn't have the money at the time so we continued down that path. My husband pulled the money from a retirement account that we had and surprised me by paying for a cycle and working with Dr Larsen to suprise me! I honestly couldn't believe it! He handed me a gift (it was baby outfits) and a card saying that him and Dr Larsen worked everything out and that I was just start birth control the following day. It was a dream come true. I love that he worked with my husband to make it special for me. After having a successful pregnancy with that IVF treatment I had 7 Frozen embryos. Unfortunately a few months after having my baby I somehow got pregnant on my own and had a miscarriage. Dr. Larson helps me through the whole thing. After two more miscarriages and years we chose to continue with IVF for a second round. We put in two embryos and one took and created our beautiful daughter! 5 months later I again got pregnant on our own and this time miraculously the pregnancy stayed! After 7 years of tears and pain I now have three beautiful children. A 6 your old boy, a 2 year old girl, and a one year old girl now 💓 I still have 5 Frozen embryos with Dr L. He really made all the difference in my experience and I would never go anywhere else! Prior to using him I went to several doctors who diagnose me with PCOS and didn't pay full attention to my Cycles. I found out later that they could have potentially harmed my fertility with how carelessly they were having me take Clomid. I took it for 12 cycles. Having a good doctor is everything!
If I remember correctly I think it was $1,200 for the initial testing. I why I think was $300 at the time per cycle. When we did IVF we did a money back guarantee program. It was $15 to $20,000 for three tries and it guaranteed you get pregnant or you get a big portion of the money back. When we did a frozen cycle I believe it was like $5,000 for both medicine and the treatment. I believe for one cycle fresh it was more like $7,500.
He had a strong preference on only putting one in. On the first one that one took! he understood me wanting to put the two and on the second round but make sure I understood all the risks involved. He was clear that he had seen some rough situations with twins and triplets and that 1 Singleton pregnancy is a success. I would probably still transfer two if I did another round and I'm sure he'd be okay with that. Anything more though he was uncomfortable with.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Cost was he biggest factor, we are 100% cash pay and they [Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] are pricier than a lot of places...They have a great billing staff they will do all they can to get authorizations and things covered for you...They are all very kind and never leave you with questions unanswered. If it’s aomething they can’t answer they will follow up with you after talking with the doctor...One egg retrieval including icsi and anesthesia was over $12,000 not including meds or genetic testing.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Cost was he biggest factor, we are 100% cash pay and they are pricier than a lot of places. I honestly believe you get what you pay for in this type of situation so we have stuck with the clinic. They have a great billing staff they will do all they can to get authorizations and things covered for you.
The front office staff greets you by name and even remember where I work and what I do. It has been a rough 4 years but the staff and doctors are always so caring and never make you feel like you are just a customer. Many have similar experiences and understand the heartache involved and can relate on a whole different level.
I saw Dr Larsen almost every visit never just a nurse. After every failed attempt he would take the time to personally call and discuss the next step and options. He is very knowledgeable and stays up to date on the latest treatments and research.
If you have an hashimotos that is a factor with infertility he may not be your best choice. He doesn’t believe your auto immune condition has any impact on your fertility if your tsh is ok.
Scottsdale

[Advanced Fertility Care-Mesa's] Strengths were phone based app to manage appts and tests, location near our house, friendly front desk staff, clean and well stocked waiting room. Weaknesses would be hours/locations. (Drs were split between 3 valley office locations) Also, not able to do IUI at location closest to home.... We got lucky on our first cycle of IUI. I followed the instructions (came in for an ultraaound during my cycle, and then I believe I started Clomid on the 4th or 5th day. Took 5 days of that, had another ultrasound in which i had too many eggs. We waited over the weekend and got another ultrasound in on a Monday. My eggs had reduced to an acceptable number so the next day i gave myself the HCG trigger shot, and i was scheduled for my IUI on Thursday morning.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
He was very straight-forward yet compassionate about our situation and made us both feel at ease throughout the process.
Everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful.
Dr Zoneraich was very upfront about the process of IUI, and exactly why we needed to use Donor Sperm. We did not feel pressured into anything and always felt in control of our treatment. We are truly grateful for him!
He is very straight forward (which i appreciate), so just know that you aren't going to get someone who is super delicate with your feelings. Dont get me wrong though, he is still very compassionate!
We didnt do any embryo transfers.
Mesa

[Advanced Fertility Care of AZ- Mesa is] Very clean and modern. The waiting time is usually very minimal... the offices look the same so it is nice to have consistency. The nurses even rotate offices. They give watervabd other drink choices while you wait.... The ladies are so friendly and so helpful. I get answers right away from the portal which is a blessing. I've even used the nurse on call and she was amazing
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
He is always so happy and cheerful and answers my millions of questions with patience
Dr z is amazing. He made me feel so good throughout this trying process. I am a type A planner and he was willing to talk to us through all of my questions and what ifs. He also worked with our schedules and helped us find care with other doctors that was necessary for testing. He is realistic and gives you facts that are necessary to make decisions.
To think positive thoughts and trust in the process.
My treatment included 5 days of clomid.... baby aspirin.... then the hcg trigger shot (novarel). After iui I am taking progesterone suppositories and baby aspirin
I am paying 995 per iui cycle not including medications
Mesa

This clinic [Advanced Fert Care] is well organized. It is spotless and there is minimal to no wait time. Everyone is welcoming and dedicated to their jobs. The only downside is that it was very expensive...around 30,000$ total 16,500$ for full cycle (egg retrieval and embryo transfer with ICSI) 4,000$ genetic testing 7,000$ for drugs 2 x 2,000$ for IUI attempts...[nurse] Sandy was quick to respond to my emails. She was also patient when it came to my multiple questions and inquiries.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
This clinic is well organized. It is spotless and there is minimal to no wait time. Everyone is welcoming and dedicated to their jobs. The only downside is that it was very expensive.
Dr Zoneraich was always smiling and happy. He was also honest all along the way. Sometimes I felt rushed as the follow-up appointments were literally 2 minutes long...
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr Zoneraich was a nice person and was always honest with me. Sometimes, he tend to emphasize on the worse possible outcome a little too much and this would frustrate me and make me feel less confident, but he needed to prepare me in case if it was not going to work.
He is very professional and knows what he is doing. I would recommend to future patients to stay confident in his knowledge and to not get discouraged when he exposes the possibility of having a negative outcome.
I did not emphasize too much on getting the full details of the strategies since it worked the first time.
I think that Dr Z. recommended to us the eSET because he is not wanting to increase the rate of multiple births among his patients. He is conscious of the serious complications that this involves and wants to spare us this. It was a much more reasonable approach than many other fertility specialist that let their patients have 2 or 3 babies at a time...

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Nurses were always kind and made sure I was as comfortable as I could be. I had to have one appointment with Dr. L while Dr. Z was out of town and I was so pleasantly surprised that he knew my whole history and where I was at with my treatment. Dr. Z takes the time to answer all of my questions without rushing me or my husband.
Always made sure I was comfortable. (Did I need to use the restroom, do I need water etc.)
A great doctor! I had all fertility testing done through his office. He was quick with results as he does all testing personally. He gave us our options, but did not pressure us into any treatments. I had some polyps that needed to be removed and Dr. Zoneraich did that surgery himself. I am now on my second attempt with femara so we will see what happens at the end of this cycle. I have had a great experience with this doctor and his staff so far. My only complaint is that the billing office needs some work. They have attempted to overcharge a few times. You just have to be vigilant and know what you are supposed to pay so that you can make sure it matches what they are asking for.
Be prepared to pay appointment costs up front.
Scottsdale

The clinic [Advanced Fertility Care of AZ- Phoenix] was absolutely beautiful very clean and very inviting and warm. I felt very comfortable there and would definitely recommend this clinic if somebody needs . The front desk lady was super nice and helpful... Considering that I don’t have insurance I thought their cash price discount was very generous... The nurses were very nice
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The clinic was absolutely beautiful very clean and very inviting and warm. I felt very comfortable there and would definitely recommend this clinic if somebody needs . The front desk lady was super nice and helpful
Very warm person and very detailed about his work and just felt very comfortable
The nurses were very nice
The doctor is very knowledgeable and I felt very confident with his work. He went over my test results and went over all the possibilities I have very strong confidence that this doctor will help me and I really felt like he really cares about his patients
Just keep doing what you’re doing
The treatment for me was to start off with testing my husband and just doing general testing so we can move forward with the fertility
Phoenix

My favorite thing about Advanced Fertility Care is that they are always on time. I've never waited more then 2 minutes beyond my appointment time and sometimes when I show up 5 minutes early they are ready for me. It's wonderful to know I won't spend too much time when I go in for an appointment...The nursing staff is wonderful. They always explain things clearly with a smile on their faces..Dr. Larsen is very hard to get into but once you meet him it is not a surprise at all.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Dr. Larsen always explains everything clearly while and makes sure I understand. He also has excellent bedside manner and called me back the next day after some hard news to make sure I was doing okay.
Dr. Larsen is very hard to get into but once you meet him it is not a surprise at all. He is intelligent, compassionate, and knows his stuff! I also really appreciate that he is always on time to meet with me.
It's worth the wait. Also, be open with him so he can help you.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Larsen seemed knowledgeable. I have DOR, and I wish there were discussions about needing multiple rounds and freezing embryos. Doing more than one egg retrieval was never mentioned. They [Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] only offer package plans for people who are likely to be successful and no packages for less desirable patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He was thoughtful, remembered me and my situation, and personally returned calls and emails.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Larsen seemed knowledgeable. I have DOR, and I wish there were discussions about needing multiple rounds and freezing embryos. Doing more than one egg retrieval was never mentioned. They only offer package plans for people who are likely to be successful and no packages for less desirable patients.
If you have money to spare and will probably need only one Ivf cycle, he is a.great option for you.
$12800 IVF cycle $1000-1200 IUI
Scottsdale

He [Dr. Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] was great...I have no negative feedback. He was always patient, kind, trustworthy, on time, explaining everything, encouraging. It was the best experience and I couldn't have asked for more. I really have no negative feedback. The experience was beyond expectation. We have a beautiful, healthy baby boy because of him....PGS testing was the reason we were able to put the correct embryo. He highly recommended it after our 5 losses with previous trials.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
No negatives...honestly my experience was amazing.
He's absolutely FANTASTIC!! Great bedside manners, kind, patient, explains everything.
Great!
He was great...I have no negative feedback. He was always patient, kind, trustworthy, on time, explaining everything, encouraging. It was the best experience and I couldn't have asked for more. I really have no negative feedback. The experience was beyond expectation. We have a beautiful, healthy baby boy because of him.
Trust him.
10k

1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Other
The billing [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] was a little off. They seemed to have issues with getting amounts correct or charging the right thing. I would come in a week after paying a bill and I would have a leftover balance. Most recently, I’ve had a major issue with paying the yearly storage for my one remaining embryo. They would harass me for payments when I was paying every time I got a bill. It was very frustrating for them to be harassing for money when they already had over 30k from us with nothing to show for it.
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The billing was a little off. They seemed to have issues with getting amounts correct or charging the right thing. I would come in a week after paying a bill and I would have a leftover balance. Most recently, I’ve had a major issue with paying the yearly storage for my one remaining embryo. They would harass me for payments when I was paying every time I got a bill. It was very frustrating for them to be harassing for money when they already had over 30k from us with nothing to show for it.
I felt like everything was explained well and questions were answered. But with one miscarriage into field transfers I felt like I was just a number. I felt like they thought money was in list and just want to keep trying. We didn’t have the money for that. I was also upset that PGS testing of embryos wasn’t brought up until after a miscarriage.
Nursing staff was professional and polite. They showed compassion in the hard times and were very caring.
I felt like the doctor was very smart and I trusted him completely. I wish there was more compassion in the way of financial stresses. I was very frustrated that PGS testing wasn’t brought up until after my miscarriage/egg retrieval. The packages offered weren’t nice. I thought it was weird that one of the packages you paid more for, and if nothing worked and get majority of your money back. That’s all startin The packages offered were nice. I thought it was weird that one of the packages you paid more for, and if nothing worked then you get majority of your money back. That felt to be starting off on a bad note and you think you will leave with your baby. So we chose not to do that. After we went through entire package of fresh cycles and frozen transfers nothing worked. We wished we would’ve done that plan
Know all your options. All of them. Know there is PGS testing.
I don’t remember the Protocal. It was in 2016.
We did a package that included Hey certain amount of fresh cycles and frozen transfers. We also had to pay in addiction to that for another fresh cycle to get more embryos, PGS testing and the medications. Over $35,000
Our doctor preferred single embryo transfer for all his patients. But we could only do a single embryo transfer as I have a unicornate uterus. (Half a uterus)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
They [Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] were friendly, accommodating, and informative overall. The front office staff was not cold, but could have been slightly more friendly when greeting us. My husband was uncomfortable with people talking outside the room when giving sperm sample...Dr. Larsen took time and special care in our consultation before and after diagnostics and during our Clomid with IUI procedure. He has good bedside manner
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
They were friendly, accommodating, and informative overall. The front office staff was not cold, but could have been slightly more friendly when greeting us. My husband was uncomfortable with people talking outside the room when giving sperm sample.
Dr. Larsen took time and special care in our consultation before and after diagnostics and during our Clomid with IUI procedure. He has good bedside manner and appears understanding, honest, and compassionate.
Dr. Larsen was thorough in explaining all options, risks, and timelines. He was compassionate and understanding in all interactions. I feel that I can trust him. We did IUI with Clomid through Dr. Larsen.
Ask lots of questions.
1 cycle of IUI with Clomid. Added progesterone mid way through cycle, after IUI procedure, based on monitoring.