1550 S. Alma School Rd
480-413-2229
9819 North 95th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-874-2229

How was your experience with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
I love Dr. Z! He is very candid but in a gentle way, and talks to you like you are a real person, not "just" a patient. He has a great sense of humor, and calls you directly with good news and bad news, rather than having nurses deliver messages. There are 3 doctors that rotate between the clinic locations, but Dr. Zoneraich is my favorite. I saw Dr. Larsen for a few appointments and he is a close second, he is warm and kind and takes the time to explain things in detail. I saw Dr. Kummer once at a follicle check for my IVF cycle that wasn't going well, and she was pretty blunt and negative about my chances of getting cancelled, not nearly as compassionate as Dr. Zoneraich or Dr. Larsen. I just didn't jive with her as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Don't be afraid to ask about additional procedures or unconventional treatments. Dr. Zoneraich was fairly aggressive with my IVF protocol and willing to try things that "can't hurt, might help." But when I asked about the ERA test before transfer he said that he didn't suggest it for people until they'd had multiple failed transfers. When I decided I wanted to do it anyway (I'd had 1 failed transfer with another clinic) he was totally supportive and agreed to do it. Same thing with PGS testing - he suggested it for me but was not pushy at all when I declined. He's fairly conservative but willing to discuss alternatives and flexible with your preferences.
Describe the protocols Nathaniel Zoneraich used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
Because of my age (39 at the time) and previous poor response at another clinic, Dr. Zoneraich suggested a microdose Lupron flare protocol, but also wanted to add in HGH/Omnitrope in hopes that it would help with egg quality. In my previous IVF at another clinic I'd started with a decent antral count, had many follicles but few contained eggs, and was unsuccessful. My cycle with Dr. Z also started with a good antral count, but my mid-cycle follicle checks showed only 3-5 follicles growing. We discussed canceling, but Dr. Z felt we should proceed if we had at least 3, and my husband really wanted to go for it. I'm glad I listened to them, because when I came out of anesthesia they told me there were 15 eggs. I made the nurse double check because I thought she'd mixed me up with another patient! I don't know how or why they all decided to grow in the 2 days between my last scan and retrieval, but was obviously thrilled. Of the 15 retrieved, 12 were mature, 7 fertilized, and 4 made it to blast - 1 excellent and 3 good. We did the ERA test at my request and learned that I was pre-receptive by 12 hours, and planned my progesterone timing appropriately for our FET cycle. We transferred 2 embryos, which led to our first ever positive pregnancy test. Sadly our betas didn't double and we lost the pregnancy very early. Because my tests are all fine, Dr. Z and I agree that it was likely due to chromosomal abnormality due to my age, as we did not do PGS testing. However, we were all encouraged by the fact that we finally were able to achieve pregnancy. We have 2 embryos still frozen, and plan to transfer them in 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
My IVF coordinator/nurse Sandy is awesome. She is accessible, informative, compassionate, and stayed on top of prescriptions with my multiple pharmacies. Her IVF support nurse Bree is also very easy to get in touch with and helpful. The clinic nurses are a bit more inconsistent, and seems to be a fair amount of turnover.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Advanced Fertility Care is the 3rd clinic I've been to, and definitely my favorite. You see a doctor at every appointment, and can easily/quickly reach your doctor via phone to speak directly with them. Sherri, their embryologist, is an absolute gem. In my experience, most embryologists are very technical and not super warm, but Sherri is the perfect combination of both and talked me off the ledge multiple times. The accessibility to your team of experts at this clinic is amazing and something I didn't experience at my previous 2 clinics. I do wish they had a more consistent group of medical assistance staff - part of that is that they rotate between the 3 offices, so sometimes you'll see new faces, but they are very frequently training a new staff member. They do a great job with their injection training! My previous clinic told me to watch the videos on Freedom Pharmacy's website; these videos are great, but I would have been so much more prepared if I'd had the personalized instruction like they do here. Their cash pay rates are quite expensive, I could not afford to use AFC if I didn't have insurance, but they have been such a pleasure to work with. And while I don't have a baby in my arms yet, Dr. Z helped me achieve my first ever pregnancy, and I'm hopeful that our next transfer will be successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Thankfully my insurance covered our IVF cycle with AFC, so our costs have been mostly limited to our deductible and out of pocket max.
Describe Nathaniel Zoneraich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Dr. Zoneraich refers to the ASRM guidelines, and agreed with my preference to transfer 2 embryos, since I was 39 and the embryos were not PGS tested. For PGS embryos, I think he prefers single embryo transfer regardless of age group. In the "IVF packet" of paperwork given prior to your cycle, they included testimonials of a patient that had a multiple gestation and had difficulties/premature birth. They definitely want their patients informed of the risk!
Mesa

Dr. Larson explains everything in great detail and never seems in a rush during an appointment. He doesn't mind questions and will answer them thoroughly. He is kind yet direct. He told us upfront when he was concerned about one of our babies not developing properly. He prepared us, gently, for the possibility of losing one of the twins. He was caring and tried to help us stay positive. If we were to do IVF again, I would use Dr. Larson and his clinic without question.
I saw multiple nurses [at Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] and they were all friendly. The ivf coordinator and embryologist were both fantastic.... Monitoring appointments were always specifically scheduled - I had a specific time, I went in, and was out within 15 minutes .... The strengths are there are three locations and three doctors you can see - it doesn't have to be your primary doctor. The weakness is that not all of the locations are always open. All of the offices are really nice and comfortable.
How was your experience with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
I would tell you that he is very weary of transferring two embryos and will heavily advise you against it. He will thoroughly explain all of the risks involved, although in the end, it will be up to you. He respects your decision in the end.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Larson was wonderful in explaining the process to us all through our IVF cycle. Although he could have been more 'human' when one of our transferred embryos doesn't make it, he was still there to explain it to us. It was a huge improvement from our first RE, who was extremely cold and didn't stay in the room long enough to explain anything.
Describe the protocols Frederick Larsen used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
Dr. Larson recommended one or two more IUI's before moving onto IVF - he believed we hadn't exhausted that option yet. We tried one more on Femara but it was unsuccessful. We decided to move into ivf and he supported our decision. He had me on birth control for two weeks and then stop to get my cycle on their calendar. Then I took birth control for another 3 weeks I believe while also starting Lupron during the last week of bc. I took Lupron for 10 days and then started Stims, adding 150 Menopur and 225 Gonal-f to the Lupron. The Lupron decreased during Stims. After 8 days of Stims, I increased my Gonal-f to I think 300. All of my meds were combined into one injection. After 10 days of Stims, we triggered with Novarel. During my last ultrasound they saw 8 follicles, but 9 eggs were retrieved, 8 were mature and 7 fertilized with ICSI. Of those 7, 2 made it to day 5 and both were transferred since we had none left to freeze. I wanted the best chance at getting pregnant so we decided to transfer both. Both embryos implanted, but we lost one baby around 10 weeks. It was not progressing or growing as fast as baby A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
I saw multiple nurses and they were all friendly. The ivf coordinator and embryologist were both fantastic.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The IUI total cost was around $1000 I believe, and the ivf was $10,000 plus $1,500 for icsi.
Describe Frederick Larsen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Dr. Larson strongly suggests the transfer of one embryo, not two. In my case, because we had none left to freeze and this was our only chance, he agreed to transfer both.
Phoenix

Dr Zoneraich was a nice person and was always honest with me. Sometimes, he tend to emphasize on the worse possible outcome a little too much and this would frustrate me and make me feel less confident, but he needed to prepare me in case if it was not going to work...He was also honest all along the way. Sometimes I felt rushed as the follow-up appointments were literally 2 minutes long....Dr Zoneraich was always smiling and happy
This clinic [Advanced Fert Care] is well organized. It is spotless and there is minimal to no wait time. Everyone is welcoming and dedicated to their jobs. The only downside is that it was very expensive...around 30,000$ total 16,500$ for full cycle (egg retrieval and embryo transfer with ICSI) 4,000$ genetic testing 7,000$ for drugs 2 x 2,000$ for IUI attempts...[nurse] Sandy was quick to respond to my emails. She was also patient when it came to my multiple questions and inquiries.
He is very professional and knows what he is doing. I would recommend to future patients to stay confident in his knowledge and to not get discouraged when he exposes the possibility of having a negative outcome.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nathaniel Zoneraich at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr Zoneraich was always smiling and happy. He was also honest all along the way. Sometimes I felt rushed as the follow-up appointments were literally 2 minutes long...
I did not emphasize too much on getting the full details of the strategies since it worked the first time.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
This clinic is well organized. It is spotless and there is minimal to no wait time. Everyone is welcoming and dedicated to their jobs. The only downside is that it was very expensive.
I think that Dr Z. recommended to us the eSET because he is not wanting to increase the rate of multiple births among his patients. He is conscious of the serious complications that this involves and wants to spare us this. It was a much more reasonable approach than many other fertility specialist that let their patients have 2 or 3 babies at a time...
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
When I was transferred to an OBGYN I requested that ALL my file was transferred to the new clinic/doctor. Few appointments later, I realized that the clinic was still asking me to do tests that I had already done at Dr Z. So I had to call back AdFertCare and have them fax the FULL chart.
2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr Larsen has an amazing bedside manner. He is patient, thoughtful and kind...He is so personable. I’m always feel like he has my best interest at heart. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he even have me his cell number should I have an emergency situation. I sometimes have to see other drs in the office and I don’t feel like they are as thorough, patient or clear as he is...Don’t be reluctant to ask any questions of him-he will answer and you will he content with his answers.
I have had the most experience with Bethany [nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona]. I found her to be curt and insensitive...Each IUI cycle costs about $1500 when you factor drugs into the equation...This doesn’t include costs associated with testing...It is beautiful and comfortable. I feel like they have the most high tech and new equipment and procedures. I like that they have multiple locations. I’ve always been able to get appointments easily.
Dr Larsen has an amazing bedside manner. He is patient, thoughtful and kind.
Clomid 150 mg every cycle Trigger shot every cycle Once I used an additoinal injectable butni can’t remember which one Frozen sperm (my husband’s) IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
I have had the most experience with Bethany. I found her to be curt and insensitive.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Each IUI cycle costs about $1500 when you factor drugs into the equation. 5x1500 is $7500. This doesn’t include costs associated with testing.
Mesa

Dr. Larsen seemed knowledgeable. I have DOR, and I wish there were discussions about needing multiple rounds and freezing embryos. Doing more than one egg retrieval was never mentioned. They [Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] only offer package plans for people who are likely to be successful and no packages for less desirable patients.
Dr. Larsen seemed knowledgeable. I have DOR, and I wish there were discussions about needing multiple rounds and freezing embryos. Doing more than one egg retrieval was never mentioned. They only offer package plans for people who are likely to be successful and no packages for less desirable patients.
If you have money to spare and will probably need only one Ivf cycle, he is a.great option for you.
He was thoughtful, remembered me and my situation, and personally returned calls and emails.
$12800 IVF cycle $1000-1200 IUI
Scottsdale
He [Dr. Larsen] had good bedside manner and made me feel comfortable with each ultrasound. After multiple failed iui's both my husband and I needed to go to the next step ivf. His clinic did not have any financial ways to help finance or pay for treatments. When we left to go elsewhere, we never got a call from him asking us what next steps we would like to to take. I just wanted to feel valued from him. You get attached to your fertility doctors because you feel like you are on the dame team trying to get the main goal. When you feel like your just a number its hard to establish roots in a practice.
The nurses [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] were kind it was just hard to get their scheduling staff to schedule appointments for me. They were not flexible on times and knew that I worked at 7- 4 pm job. Making appointments was so stressful...There were no financing or monthly payments that could be made. We had to look elsewhere and we found a clinic that was reasonable...there are two locations which make it nice for patients to travel through AZ. The facility is nicely decorated and is very professional. The weakness is making appointments is a challenge for working professionals. If you do not have a job and you are flexible with times than this clinic may be right for you.
Dr. Larsen was a great communicator. He had good bedside manner and made me feel comfortable with each ultrasound. After multiple failed iui's both my husband and I needed to go to the next step ivf. His clinic did not have any financial ways to help finance or pay for treatments. When we left to go elsewhere, we never got a call from him asking us what next steps we would like to to take. I just wanted to feel valued from him. You get attached to your fertility doctors because you feel like you are on the dame team trying to get the main goal. When you feel like your just a number its hard to establish roots in a practice.
If you have money and time he was a good doctor. I can't say anything negative about his bedside manner. His practice is pricy, but if you can afford 25,000 for ivy treatment out of pocket it may be a good place for you.
Dr. Larson has good bedside manners and was friendly with my husband and I. The IUI's were just not working for my husband and I. However, after the final failed treatment he never called us and asked us how we were doing. I wish he would have taken more concern with us and wanted to keep us as patients. We ended up going to another dr. to start ivy treatments at a more reasonable price this his clinic. I wish Dr. Larsen would have reached out since both my husband and I did like his bed side manner.
The nurses were kind it was just hard to get their scheduling staff to schedule appointments for me. They were not flexible on times and knew that I worked at 7- 4 pm job. Making appointments was so stressful.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The strengths is there are two locations which make it nice for patients to travel through AZ. The facility is nicely decorated and is very professional. The weakness is making appointments is a challenge for working professionals. If you do not have a job and you are flexible with times than this clinic may be right for you.
The iii's range to be $800 he gave us a little discount since my husband and I were in school. The medicine on top of that was another $250. It was expensive for one IUI cycle. We couldn't keep doing iui's only to come up with negative after negative each month. We wanted to do ivy but could not afford it at his clinic. There were no financing or monthly payments that could be made. We had to look elsewhere and we found a clinic that was reasonable for a gentle ivy cycle. We are now in the process of ivf and look forward to the results to come with our new clinic and dr.
single embryo transfer always preferred. He will scare you out of having twins so fast due to increased risk of complications.
Mesa

I felt like everything was explained well and questions were answered [by Dr. Nathaniel Zoneraich]...I was also upset that PGS testing of embryos wasn’t brought up until after a miscarriage...After we went through entire package of fresh cycles and frozen transfers nothing worked...I felt like the doctor was very smart and I trusted him completely. I wish there was more compassion in the way of financial stresses...Our doctor preferred single embryo transfer for all his patients. But we could only do a single embryo transfer as I have a unicornate uterus. (Half a uterus)
The billing [at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] was a little off. They seemed to have issues with getting amounts correct or charging the right thing. I would come in a week after paying a bill and I would have a leftover balance. Most recently, I’ve had a major issue with paying the yearly storage for my one remaining embryo. They would harass me for payments when I was paying every time I got a bill. It was very frustrating for them to be harassing for money when they already had over 30k from us with nothing to show for it.
I felt like the doctor was very smart and I trusted him completely. I wish there was more compassion in the way of financial stresses. I was very frustrated that PGS testing wasn’t brought up until after my miscarriage/egg retrieval. The packages offered weren’t nice. I thought it was weird that one of the packages you paid more for, and if nothing worked and get majority of your money back. That’s all startin The packages offered were nice. I thought it was weird that one of the packages you paid more for, and if nothing worked then you get majority of your money back. That felt to be starting off on a bad note and you think you will leave with your baby. So we chose not to do that. After we went through entire package of fresh cycles and frozen transfers nothing worked. We wished we would’ve done that plan
Know all your options. All of them. Know there is PGS testing.
I felt like everything was explained well and questions were answered. But with one miscarriage into field transfers I felt like I was just a number. I felt like they thought money was in list and just want to keep trying. We didn’t have the money for that. I was also upset that PGS testing of embryos wasn’t brought up until after a miscarriage.
I don’t remember the Protocal. It was in 2016.
Nursing staff was professional and polite. They showed compassion in the hard times and were very caring.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
The billing was a little off. They seemed to have issues with getting amounts correct or charging the right thing. I would come in a week after paying a bill and I would have a leftover balance. Most recently, I’ve had a major issue with paying the yearly storage for my one remaining embryo. They would harass me for payments when I was paying every time I got a bill. It was very frustrating for them to be harassing for money when they already had over 30k from us with nothing to show for it.
We did a package that included Hey certain amount of fresh cycles and frozen transfers. We also had to pay in addiction to that for another fresh cycle to get more embryos, PGS testing and the medications. Over $35,000