Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
4920 N Central Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
Crystal Lake
820 East Terra Cotta Ave.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Gurnee
30 Tower Court
Gurnee, IL 60031
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago to a friend?

3 doctors
2019 - 2020
Dr. Jones has a good bedside manner and does a good job of explaining protocol and procedure. ... If you're coming in without any knowledge, I'm not sure if the level of communcation and understanding would be the same. ... As a side note, I suspect that Dr. Jones might be on the conservative end with regard to additional procedures and protocols, and cancellations and postponements of the aforementioned if the conditions aren't just right, which can be a bit frustrating at times.
As a patient [at Advanced Fert Center of Chicago], you mostly deal with your care coordinator, one of the nurses. My initial care coordinator, Diane, was phenomenal. She was consistently available to answer questions or give reassurance. She has since left the clinic, but my new care coordinator, Denise, appears to be just as attentive. It is still too early to know outcomes, as my next transfer has been delayed - like many - due to current events.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr. Jones has a good bedside manner and does a good job of explaining protocol and procedure. I admit, however, that this is because my husband and I already had a strong foundational knowledge of fertility diagnostics and treatment. If you're coming in without any knowledge, I'm not sure if the level of communcation and understanding would be the same. Overall, the patient doesn't seem the doctor very much, you deal mostly with your nurse care coordinator. When I did have questions for the doctor or needed an additional consult, he made himself available quickly. As a side note, I suspect that Dr. Jones might be on the conservative end with regard to additional procedures and protocols, and cancellations and postponements of the aforementioned if the conditions aren't just right, which can be a bit frustrating at times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Be as specific as possible when asking about next steps and all the possible iterations of next steps.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
As a patient, you mostly deal with your care coordinator, one of the nurses. My initial care coordinator, Diane, was phenomenal. She was consistently available to answer questions or give reassurance. She has since left the clinic, but my new care coordinator, Denise, appears to be just as attentive. It is still too early to know outcomes, as my next transfer has been delayed - like many - due to current events.
Describe the protocols Gary Jones used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
I did an antagonist protocol for stims although I'm not entirely sure of the specifics anymore. No complications and cancellations and I had a good turnout of 11 fertilized embryos. We did a freeze all due to progesterone being low and a small fibroid needing to be removed.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Strengths - very responsive, excellent care coordinators, compassionate staff on the whole, doctor available to speak quickly if you need additional consults, shared risk plans available Weaknesses - not much access to doctors routinely, battery of tests needed before each transfer (which I'm unsure how typical this is, but hurts the billfold if you're paying out of pocket, even on the shared risk plan)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
We paid entirely out of pocket, save for a few procedures which were covered by our insurance. Because fertility treatment is not covered we pay for every consult, and many diagnostic services - bloodwork and imaging. Once we entered the shared risk plan we still had to pay for initial battery of testing before we entered into the program, then testing before each transfer as well as medication.
Describe Gary Jones's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The clinic strongly recommends single embryo transfer for someone in my age bracket and diagnosis (33, unexplained,) but with our transfer we were able to do a multiple embryo transfer with a signed waiver (no more than 2 for my age bracket and diagnosis.)
Gary Jones
Chicago

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

2019 - 2020
Dr Irani personally called me several times with updates on fertilization results and PGTA results. He was always super responsive to emails... is the most kind, compassionate and caring doctor I have ever experienced in my life...He was patient, and gentle...changed the protocol and added Human Growth Hormone. I was stimulating for longer but the second IVF cycle ended up with more viable eggs, and 4 made it to PGTA testing and then 2 came back PGTA normal...he was the one to do my egg retrieval’s and to do the ultrasound to find a heartbeat after a positive pregnancy test
the second IVF cycle [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] ended up with more viable eggs, and 4 made it to PGTA testing and then 2 came back PGTA normal...the most compassionate and knowledgeable staff. This clinic is somehow able to offer very fair pricing and amazing one on one personalized care...My main nurse was Diane and she was simply amazing. She would respond to emails and calls immediately. They seem to work 24/7. Every single nurse I dealt with was the most sweetest and smartest nurse I have ever encountered. Cathy, Deanna, I cant thank all of them enough.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr Irani is the most kind, compassionate and caring doctor I have ever experienced in my life. I feel so blessed to have found him and I truly believe he is a saint. He was patient, and gentle. It meant the world to me and built absolute trust that he was the one to do my egg retrieval’s and to do the ultrasound to find a heartbeat after a positive pregnancy test. He is world class.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Listen and trust him. He knows his stuff and he is always looking out for your best interest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Describe the protocols Mohamad Irani used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
Our first IVF round was about 10 or 12 days of stimulation medicine. That retrieval led to zero quality eggs. They all arrested. Dr Irani changed the protocol and added Human Growth Hormone. I was stimulating for longer but the second IVF cycle ended up with more viable eggs, and 4 made it to PGTA testing and then 2 came back PGTA normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane )
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
This clinic is somehow able to hire the most compassionate and knowledgeable staff. This clinic is somehow able to offer very fair pricing and amazing one on one personalized care. Their SART results are stellar and I think the reason is because f their excellent care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I believe we spent $40,000 in total including drugs for 2 rounds of IVF. All was out of pocket.
Describe Mohamad Irani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I completely agree with Dr Irani’s and the center for choosing eSET. The health of the mother and child come first. Twins are very high risk. When you have single PGTA normal embryos- I agree 100% to implant just 1.
Chicago

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mohamad Irani at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Irani was patient, kind, and I felt very much at ease with his good bed side manner and demeanor. ... Strengths- patient to answering questions, non intimidating, feelings of ease and comfort. Empathized with me on the pain emotionally I was dealing with and understood my husband’s anguish and disappointment. ... Surgery for the removal of uterine adhesions Injections and clomid to stimulate and grow eggs (daily ultrasounds) Trigger shot that led to egg retrieval Two embryos transferred- no pregnancy resulted Remaining embryos did not make it to freezing.
Daily (morning) appointments are rough [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] if employed, especially located near Chicago. Staff is actually friendly. ... even the receptionist was wonderful. She consoled me the day I had to make the payment in full because my anxiety was out of control. ... They are very busy during the morning, but will take a quick minute to explain information. Weakness...actually retrieval and transfer are further away...long drive, wish I could rest more after procedures at the location, especially due to long drive.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Strengths- patient to answering questions, non intimidating, feelings of ease and comfort. Empathized with me on the pain emotionally I was dealing with and understood my husband’s anguish and disappointment. He even mentioned to take time to recover and not rush into another treatment. Wish I can see him more, but during treatment, you deal more so with nurses.
I would advise perspective patients to ask as ma y questions to Dr. Irani and the staff members. Don’t feel shy, especially when paying out of pocket like we did. ASK questions.
Dr. Irani was patient, kind, and I felt very much at ease with his good bed side manner and demeanor. He even placed a call after office hours after we our pregnancy test was confirmed negative to explain the process and reassure that it wasn’t my fault.
Courteous, funny, even the receptionist was wonderful. She consoled me the day I had to make the payment in full because my anxiety was out of control.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Daily (morning) appointments are rough if employed, especially located near Chicago. Staff is actually friendly. They are very busy during the morning, but will take a quick minute to explain information. Weakness...actually retrieval and transfer are further away...long drive, wish I could rest more after procedures at the location, especially due to long drive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Well run and not having to walk into a waiting room of no more than 6 women tops.
Cost for IVF treatment ~ $11,500 Medication~ $4900
Preferred at most two embryos transfer. Did explain risk and provide documentation regarding multiple embryo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
AFCC is very organized and can always get you scheduled when needed, which is very comforting when going through fertility treatments. You always get a call back shortly after you call and never have to wait long for an appointment. ... The nurses and the ultrasound technicians at AFCC are all compassionate and friendly. Everyone there remembers you from visit to visit and you never feel like just another number.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Irani is very compassionate and warm. He took his time explaining everything to my husband and I. We never felt like our appointments were rushed through or that Dr. Irani had somewhere else to be. He took the time to call us from his home the morning he wanted us to come in for transfer. He also called us on a Saturday afternoon after our cycle failed to check on us and offer his support and encouraged us to get out for a date night. He has followed up with us himself since to check in on us and to make sure we remain hopeful to try again.
I would definitely recommend making an appointment with Dr. Irani. He takes his time to explain everything to you and is even available by phone and email with any further questions you have. My husband and I knew immediately after our consultation with him that we were going to switch clinics and come to AFCC to see Dr. Irani.
At AFCC you talk with the nurses regularly on the phone. Dr. Irani has called us several times himself as well, even over the weekend and after our cycle failed to check on us. At my previous clinic, the nurses only messaged you online through my chart. We never heard from our doctor directly.
I did estrogen priming and an Agonist protocol I believe. I did Lupron with high dose Follistim (400 units). I also did Omnitrope for 8 days of stimulation. We retrieved 3 eggs and all 3 fertilized with ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane and Michelle)
The nurses and the ultrasound technicians at AFCC are all compassionate and friendly. Everyone there remembers you from visit to visit and you never feel like just another number. The US techs are very supportive and encouraging and always made me feel comfortable during my scans.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Dr. Irani provided us with the percentages of success and left the decision of how many embryos to transfer up to us. We chose to transfer 2 of our 3 embryos. The 3rd did not make it to freeze and I had a negative pregnancy test from this cycle.

4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He made sure we understood and were comfortable with each step of our journey. He was patient and understanding and let us express and validated all of our concerns along the way. ... Dr. Irani is very personable and truest cares for his patients. ... he took the time to sit down with us and explain all of our options again. He was thorough and companionate. He comforted us when we were upset and called to check on us after the fact.
Everyone [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] we had the pleasure of working with was great. The donor process was simple and so well taken care of, that I felt confident from the start. A few nurses at the Gurnee office smoked which bothered me during appointment bc it smelled but nothing else to complain about! ... Ashely [nurse] was amazing! She really takes the time to bond with the patients that work with her and was an amazing help throughout the process!
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Irani is very personable and truest cares for his patients. He made sure we understood and were comfortable with each step of our journey. He was patient and understanding and let us express and validated all of our concerns along the way.
Give him a chance. He is new to the practice but really knows what he’s doing and cares for his patients.
I did my 3rd egg retrieval with Dr Irani in hopes it would result more positively than my previous clinic. When it didn’t, he took the time to sit down with us and explain all of our options again. He was thorough and companionate. He comforted us when we were upset and called to check on us after the fact. We proceeded with donor eggs and were successful on the first round. I am so thankful for everything he has done for us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Ashley in Crystal Lake )
Ashely was amazing! She really takes the time to bond with the patients that work with her and was an amazing help throughout the process!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Everyone we had the pleasure of working with was great. The donor process was simple and so well taken care of, that I felt confident from the start. A few nurses at the Gurnee office smoked which bothered me during appointment bc it smelled but nothing else to complain about!
We paid about $15k for donor expenses. My insurance covered most of the other procedures

Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Catenacci] is extremely knowledgeable and was right up to speed with my history with our initial appointment. She makes the room feel less stressful when she enters with her smile and contagious laughter. She is extremely knowledgeable and skilled. She noticed a c section scar defect and was able to refer me to a top surgeon right away to get it fixed.
They [Advanced Fertility] do monitoring appointments from 6-10am even on the weekends. It was never crowded. ... The website has all the costs listed. Nothing has hidden fees. ... You normally only see the MD for consult and procedures, which is fine because the nurses are on top of everything. ... They work every single day, so if your cycle falls on the weekend or holiday, they still come and do labs or procedures.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
My MD that did my initial IVF with my first TWO sets of twins retired and I was terrified to find a new MD. She is extremely knowledgeable and was right up to speed with my history with our initial appointment. She makes the room feel less stressful when she enters with her smile and contagious laughter. She is extremely knowledgeable and skilled. She noticed a c section scar defect and was able to refer me to a top surgeon right away to get it fixed. I appreciate that she knew when I needed outside care and guided me in the right direction. I’m looking forward to transferring more embryos in the future with her as my MD.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
she’s the total package. She smart, highly skilled in IVF and surgery, and has a great personality.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
She wants a baby for us just as much as we do. She laughs with us and is open and honest when it comes to making those difficult decisions.
Describe the protocols Michelle Catenacci used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
I have 2 sets of twins from IVF and FET with another MD from her group that retired. I met Dr. Catenacci when we consulted with her for a FET of our last embryo. First, I had a hysteroscopy which found a polyp. The polyp was surgically removed by Dr. Catenacci. We did a FET that did not result in pregnancy. I did a cycle of IVF with follistim, HCG and Ganirelex. Eggs were retrieved on day 14. 21 eggs were retrieved. 16 mature. We chose to freeze 10 eggs and fertilize 5 with ICSI (male factor). We transferred 1, 5 day blastocyst and froze 3, 5 day blastocysts. During the cycle, I had fluid in my uterus and cervix that was not going away. Dr. Catenacci reached out to Dr. Charles Miller and discussed my case. They realized I had an isthmocele (c section scar defect) that may be causing the fluid. They recommended to cancel the transfer and fix the isthmocele prior to transferring. I chose not to, and transferred one embryo. That did not result in pregnancy. I have since had a surgery with Dr. Miller and will return to Dr. Catenacci for additional FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Deena)
Deena is organized, is extremely knowledgeable, and very compassionate. When I got the horrible phone calls that I wasn’t pregnant, I felt a little better when it came from her. I know she wants me to have a baby just as much as I do. Whenever I have questions, she is quick to get back to me whether phone or email. She is fantastic at what she does and I know the mds depend on her in the procedure room.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They are quick to respond to any questions by phone or email. They have a streamlined process that really works. The labs are always done in the mornings. The nurse will call you in the afternoon. You normally only see the MD for consult and procedures, which is fine because the nurses are on top of everything. They are highly skilled and knowledgeable. They work every single day, so if your cycle falls on the weekend or holiday, they still come and do labs or procedures. They are miracle workers!
They do monitoring appointments from 6-10am even on the weekends. It was never crowded. I never had to wait more than 15mins. It was easy and convenient before work. They have a great system in place to make it easy for everyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The website has all the costs listed. Nothing has hidden fees. They double check insurance.
Describe Michelle Catenacci's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I’ve transferred two embryos, twice with another MD and successfully had two sets of twins. They recommend transferring one embryo from this point on.
Chicago

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michelle Catenacci at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

He [Dr. Sherbahn] will tell it to you straight, exactly how it is. He doesn’t beat around the bush with things and will bluntly be honest about what he sees and finds. He did not communicate the best with us, but his nurses were wonderful...The thing he lacks is feeling any compassion as to the reason that brought you to a fertility clinic. He’s obsessed with showing his data and his numbers. He answers questions relative to all his data, not necessarily you as a patient.
The building interior [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] is a bit dated. They don’t spend money on updates...The waiting room for procedures was very small and crammed. On a few occasions we had to stand and wait for a bit because they were so busy...Cathy [nurse] was amazing. I think she pretty much runs the place and responds to all emails on behalf of sherbahn. She was always very timely in responding to questions or messages I had left her. She had so much compassion and understanding for how emotional this journey is.
How was your experience with Richard Sherbahn (retired) at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
He definitely knows what he is doing and I firmly believe he will give his patients the best chance at conceiving. He will tell it to you straight, exactly how it is. He doesn’t beat around the bush with things and will bluntly be honest about what he sees and finds. He did not communicate the best with us, but his nurses were wonderful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Sherbahn (retired) at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Don’t go in expecting to get a warm fuzzy feeling from him. He is very knowledgeable and he will analyze your collected data and tell you your chances straight up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Sherbahn (retired) at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
He was very blunt in our consultation, which I actually didn’t mind. The thing he lacks is feeling any compassion as to the reason that brought you to a fertility clinic. He’s obsessed with showing his data and his numbers. He answers questions relative to all his data, not necessarily you as a patient.
Describe the protocols Richard Sherbahn (retired) used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
We did a standard schedule for IVF. He recommended we do a fresh transfer first and frozen after if we were unsuccessful and had any embryos to freeze. Our first transfer we transferred two day 5 embryos as a fresh transfer. This resulted in a miscarriage. The second round was using the one frozen embryo we had left. He prescribed estrogen patches and progesterone injections in oil. To prep for both transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Cathy )
Cathy was amazing. I think she pretty much runs the place and responds to all emails on behalf of sherbahn. She was always very timely in responding to questions or messages I had left her. She had so much compassion and understanding for how emotional this journey is.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The building interior is a bit dated. They don’t spend money on updates and making it look like a flashy expensive place. This was more than fine with me! However, I found it interesting that my husband said the room he had to leave his sperm sample was VERY dated with no technology for porn or other images to help a man leave a sample. I was very surprised by this, luckily I think today most men carry a smart phone. The rooms are pretty small and nothing fancy either. Overall, I didn’t care about this because the updates and decor of the facility are the least of my concerns. The waiting room for procedures was very small and crammed. On a few occasions we had to stand and wait for a bit because they were so busy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Sherbahn (retired) at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
We had fertility insurance coverage, but with our coverage I believe our first round with egg retrieval and fresh transfer was $17,500 total.
Describe Richard Sherbahn (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
He was open to transferring two embryos because of it increasing the chances for success. We did two embryos for the first transfer and only one for the second because that’s all we had left. If we had more, we would have transferred two again.
Chicago

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Richard Sherbahn (retired) at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Catenacci is very knowledgeable and truly cares for her patients and wants the best for them. I was never afraid to contact her directly and she always got back to me in a timely manner. If my husband and I saw something different or intriguing in treatment on the Internet, she was always open to listening and suggesting her thoughts and new ways to see what would work....Each cycle was pretty much the same. We did five egg retrievals and all of them were about the same dosage of Follistem/Gonal F (300iu-450iu).
Ashley in the Crystal Lake office was incredible. She answered any and all questions or concerns we had via phone or email almost instantly. The nursing staff in general at AFCC are extremely compassionate and I'm forever thankful for how I was treated by them....Our surrogacy coordinator didn't show a ton of compassion and could be rude at times...I was actually happy with them doing their monitoring appointments in the early mornings. It meant that we would have results sooner.
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I wouldn't say this with just Dr. Catenacci, but to RE's in general, I wish they would better accept the fact that sometimes there are immune issues that are working against the patient to carry a pregnancy. I would always say you need to be your own advocate. You know your body more than anyone.
Dr. Catenacci was always there for me through EVERYTHING we have been through. When we had a miscarriage, she would call me personally to check on me. If we ever had any questions or concerns, she genuinely took the time with us to answer them.
Each cycle was pretty much the same. We did five egg retrievals and all of them were about the same dosage of Follistem/Gonal F (300iu-450iu). I'd stim for about 10-11 days with retrieval on days 12 or 13. She paid close attention to my estrogen levels and was very careful to avoid OHSS - which I greatly appreciated. The clinic uses the patients weight when prescribing PIO so I was usually on 2.4cc of PIO. I was on 2-3 pills a day of Estradiol and also baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley in the Crystal Lake office was incredible. She answered any and all questions or concerns we had via phone or email almost instantly. The nursing staff in general at AFCC are extremely compassionate and I'm forever thankful for how I was treated by them. Def as a patient and not a number.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
AFCC def has a lot of strengths and I think their success rates prove that. I'm thrilled that over 98% of their staff truly show compassion and care towards the patient and truly want the end result - a child - for everyone. Our surrogacy coordinator didn't show a ton of compassion and could be rude at times, but overall, I love AFCC.
I was actually happy with them doing their monitoring appointments in the early mornings. It meant that we would have results sooner. The only frustrating thing was that monitoring was done in their Gurnee office, which was a lot farther for me on the weekends.
I had insurance coverage for 85% of our treatments, so it is hard to say. But for our surrogate cycle, we paid $4000 for our frozen transfer and $800 for each time we froze embryos.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
[With Dr. Richard Sherbahn] We did a month of BC, then for the stims we did gonal-f and low dose HCG. We used the Lupron for trigger because of my PCOS leading to a high risk of OHSS (which I had with my prior doctor for my IUI's). I had so much less pain/hyperstimulation when we did the Lupron trigger, which was an extremely pleasant surprise. I thought IVF would be worse than IUI, and it wasn't - at least for this aspect!
Sue [a nurse at AFC-Chicago] was wonderful. I live about 3 hours from the clinic so I was concerned about coordinating the bloodwork/monitoring. This did make things a little more difficult, and we had a few mix-ups when other nurses were sending my orders in, but nothing major. I had a few extra ultrasounds/bloodwork due to mix ups, but my insurance covered everything (as I already hit my out of pocket), so it wasn't a big deal. Sue called very promptly once my beta results were in, and also called very quickly with my updates on number of fertilized eggs, embryos, etc. and genuinely seemed happy when all my results were positive!
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
He was very helpful and informative at our initial consult. You do need to bring the questions you have, because that will lead the conversation. A large portion of the beginning consult is him discussing success rates, risk of multiples, etc. I am 28 years old with high AMH, so I do think he knew we would be an "easier" case.... but either way, I came out of our first meeting feeling very positive that we would have a good chance to get pregnant. He also gave us personally calculated success rates based on my age, AMH, antra-follicle count, etc. which I thought was a nice touch.
Come to your first meeting with all of the questions you have! I saw him at the initial consult, and the next time I saw him was at the egg transfer (a different doctor did our retrieval), so make sure you are prepared.
I was assigned a single nurse, Sue. She was my main contact point and was very easy to reach via e-mail and to answer all my questions. The only complaint I had at all was with a different nurse who was angry with and scolded me because my lab results did not come in one time at one occurrence, and told me I would need to start traveling to their own clinic (which is 3 hours from me) for simple blood tests. There was a mix-up in my lab and I got the results over as quickly as possible, but her demeanor was upsetting to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
Sue was wonderful. I live about 3 hours from the clinic so I was concerned about coordinating the bloodwork/monitoring. This did make things a little more difficult, and we had a few mix-ups when other nurses were sending my orders in, but nothing major. I had a few extra ultrasounds/bloodwork due to mix ups, but my insurance covered everything (as I already hit my out of pocket), so it wasn't a big deal. Sue called very promptly once my beta results were in, and also called very quickly with my updates on number of fertilized eggs, embryos, etc. and genuinely seemed happy when all my results were positive!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Strengths - receptionist was always kind, my nurse coordinator was awesome. My meds always arrived on time. I honestly don't have any weaknesses aside from the one nurse blaming me for lab results not getting there on time.
My costs were mostly covered under insurance. He does provide discounted plans for cash payers, which I felt were very reasonable. I know my insurance billing was high, but it didn't directly affect me. Also, monitoring and meds are not covered under his plans, and I know those can add up!
He was very persuasive in us doing a single transfer. He said that there was such a high risk of multiples. I had every intention of transferring 2 embryos when we went to our first meeting with him, and wasn't even sure once we got to transfer day what we were going to do, but we decided on the single transfer as he continued to explain the high risk while I was laying on the table. I am so happy we only did one!
Chicago

My first round of IVF [with Dr. Michelle Catenacci] was a typical IVF however it didn't produce enough eggs so it was converted. After that, we became very aggressive and did the Microdose Lupron flare. This produced 11 eggs but only two were retrieved. Additionally, I took Coq10 and DHEA on a daily basis...I appreciated that she personally called me when my eggs did not make it to Day 2; however that was my only interaction with her. All other interactions was with her nurse which was frustrating. I would have liked her to at least check in with me during the cycles
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] has multiple locations, is clean and all of the staff (even technicians) are super friendly and inviting. The doctors are extremely knowledgeable. The weakness is lack of direct communication with the doctors...Cathy [nurse] was absolutely amazing. She was beyond supportive and would spend as much time with me as I needed. There is literally nothing negative I could say about her. I would recommend her to anyone!
Dr. Catenacci is great to meet in person; however, the only time I spoke with her was our initial consultation, another consultation that I specifically requested and when she called to tell me that my embryos did not make it. It is very disappointing that she never calls me to discuss next steps or even to check-in as this is a very expensive, stressful process. I honestly thought about leaving her office after my first failed IVF but I stayed because of her nurses. It is disheartening that everything is run by the staff and not Dr. Catenacci.
Don't expect to hear from Dr. Catenacci except for initial meeting and failed IVF embryos.
My first round of IVF was a typical IVF however it didn't produce enough eggs so it was converted. After that, we became very aggressive and did the Microdose Lupron flare. This produced 11 eggs but only two were retrieved. Additionally, I took Coq10 and DHEA on a daily basis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Cathy was absolutely amazing. She was beyond supportive and would spend as much time with me as I needed. There is literally nothing negative I could say about her. I would recommend her to anyone!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The clinic has multiple locations, is clean and all of the staff (even technicians) are super friendly and inviting. The doctors are extremely knowledgeable. The weakness is lack of direct communication with the doctors (it is my understanding that all of the doctors are like this).
My insurance covered a lot of the expenses - we ended up paying out of pocket around $15,000
For my case, she recommended that I transfer 2 embryos (assuming there were 2 embryos) due to my low quality

Endometriosis, Unexplained
After my first retrieval, I was diagnosed with endometriosis. Dr. Sherbhan quickly reconfigured my treatment and we started again... He did debrief us after my retrieval and we spoke to him after my negative pregnancy test to discuss next steps. It would be nice to feel more comfortable reaching out to him in-between or during cycles...Go in for the facts, not for a shoulder to cry on.
I have my main nurse contact [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] , Diane, who is responsive and they have worked very hard to get me my medications quickly when running low/need to start a cycle right away...it would be nice to feel more comfortable being able to contact the doctor with questions during my cycle...The Chicago office is closed on the weekends so if you have weekend monitoring you need to drive to the Gurnee office, about 50 minutes away.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I went to Dr. Sherbahn because he is seen as a no-nonsense doctor who gets good results. After my first retrieval, I was diagnosed with endometriosis. Dr. Sherbhan quickly reconfigured my treatment and we started again. From the research I have done, I think Dr. Sherbhan is well educated in the current best practices in fertility, which is what you want. He did debrief us after my retrieval and we spoke to him after my negative pregnancy test to discuss next steps. It would be nice to feel more comfortable reaching out to him in-between or during cycles. It was noticed by my nurse that I do have fluid in my uterus during cycle day 10 and on. This is not something I would have known unless my nurse told me and it doesn't seem to be a concern of Dr. Sherbhan's, but it is a concern to me and I've gone for acupuncture treatment. I would like to talk to the doctor about the fluid and how it may be contributing to my fertility issues.
He's on top of the fertility game, so trust his judgment. Go in for the facts, not for a shoulder to cry on.
Dr. Sherbhan's staff is very responsive. They don't act like you're asking silly questions. I have my main nurse contact, Diane, who is responsive and they have worked very hard to get me my medications quickly when running low/need to start a cycle right away. Even with all of this, it would be nice to feel more comfortable being able to contact the doctor with questions during my cycle.
IUI: I chose to use injectables for two IUI cycle. IVF: Prepared for IVF twice, one cycle was canceled and we did IUI instead. For the first IVF cycle I took CoQ10, DHEA, baby aspirin, omnitrope, Follistim (up to 550 units), Ganirelix, dexamethasone, and probably a few other things I can't remember. IVF 2: Same as above, but started by month in-between by taking estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. This cycle was canceled and the nurse asked if we wanted to do IUI and we said yes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane Swanson)
Diane was very on top of communication. She worked tirelessly to get my medications when they were needed at the last minute - working with Braun Pharmacy in Chicago (also a great pharmacy). She was very timely with communications as well. She often seems rushed, but it's mostly b/c she's doing a lot at once. She's not making you feel like she doesn't have the time, so just has a lot on her plate.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Everyone is very communicative and appointments are easy to get. Usually get you in quickly, though sometimes it can be backed up depending on the morning. Though this is rare. The Chicago office is closed on the weekends so if you have weekend monitoring you need to drive to the Gurnee office, about 50 minutes away. This can be a pain, but the staff is very nice.
Our fertility treatment was covered by insurance after a deductible. The omnitrope and testosterone were not covered by insurance.
At AFC, if you do genetic testing, they will only transfer one embryo, b/c they have a 65% success rate. B/c we only got two eggs, and both fertilized, it was suggested that we transfer on day 3 b/c it would be our best chance, rather than waiting for day 5. we have decided that b/c we only got two eggs we were not going to do genetic testing.
Chicago

Dr. Sherbahn knows his stuff. I was won over by his confidence, intelligence and no-nonsense attitude. I trusted all of his decisions and believe in his plan for us....Dr. Sherbahn and his staff always knew the details of my case and customized my protocol based on my labs and needs....He takes the time to answer all of your questions during the consult and this is the most face to face time you will have with him so take advantage of it!...He was unable to do my retrieval due to a schedule issue.
The clinic [Advanced Fert - Chicago] seems to be pretty organized....The nurses here are truly the fuel of the clinic. My nurse, Sue was so caring and compassionate. Every nurse that we came in contact with was excellent....I asked my nurse to place an order for some numbing cream and had to ask a few times before it was done. The numbing cream is something extra I wanted to try - not a part of my actual protocol...We had insurance that we enrolled in specifically for the purpose of being able to cover fertility treatments at AFCC.
Dr. Sherbahn knows his stuff. I was won over by his confidence, intelligence and no-nonsense attitude. I trusted all of his decisions and believe in his plan for us. Dr. Sherbahn did my mock embryo transfer and will soon be doing my FET. He was unable to do my retrieval due to a schedule issue.
Do your research and ask questions. He takes the time to answer all of your questions during the consult and this is the most face to face time you will have with him so take advantage of it!
For stimulation I was on BC and follistim. Triggered with Lupron and HCG. For FET: BC and estrogen patches followed by PIO injections.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The clinic seems to be pretty organized. We were shocked at the decline of our eggs from day to day after retrieval and that's a sign of the clinic. But I'm unsure how much of that is an egg / sperm quality issue.
We had insurance that we enrolled in specifically for the purpose of being able to cover fertility treatments at AFCC. So we were responsible for our annual out of pocket max (6000) plus any other fees that were not covered by insurance (PGS 4500, remaining balances, etc) I would estimate we've spent about 12k so far.
We are waiting to discuss further- I believe he bases it on age and prognosis of patient. Since we elected to do PGS testing- we were told that he may not allow us to transfer more than one PGS normal blast.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Chicago

Dr. Catenacci was always nice, but I didn't interact with her that much...Dr. Catenachi is personable, friendly and easy to talk to... I decided to change clinics after my first cycle was cancelled and my second one only resulted in 1 embryo. I do have lower reserve, but i was given a 40% chance of success based on my AFC during the initial consult. I decided to change doctors because I didn't feel she was that invested in achieving success for me.
AFCC uses their nursing staff to do all the communication, even for big decisions like cancelling a cycle or calling with a negative pregnancy test result. While the nurses were kind, I would have appreciate more communication from the doctor directly...Nurses were all friendly and usually pretty prompt in responding to calls and emails. They do seem to have a high caseload and be extremely busy.
Dr. Catenacci was always nice, but I didn't interact with her that much. I decided to change clinics after my first cycle was cancelled and my second one only resulted in 1 embryo. I do have lower reserve, but i was given a 40% chance of success based on my AFC during the initial consult. I decided to change doctors because I didn't feel she was that invested in achieving success for me.
Expect the communication to be only through the nurses unless she is the doctor performing procedures the day of your procedures or if you schedule a meeting with her.
Dr. Catenachi is personable, friendly and easy to talk to. However AFCC uses their nursing staff to do all the communication, even for big decisions like cancelling a cycle or calling with a negative pregnancy test result. While the nurses were kind, I would have appreciate more communication from the doctor directly. I believe they see alot of patients, so the communication style did make me feel like a number.
While my AMH and AFC are somewhat lower for my age, they never expected for the cycles to go as badly as they did. My first cycle was birth control and then antagonist. It was cancelled due to poor response and converted to IUI. Given my lower reserve, I don't think we should have ever tried birth control suppression. The second cycle we did estrogen priming with microdose lupron and HGH. Results were somewhat better, but we only retrieved 2 eggs and got 1 embryo. I know the doctors can't be blamed for poor response, but on my third IVF (at a different clinic), I was able to get 12 eggs (8 mature) from an estrogen priming and antagonist protocol with max stims. So the protocol and the administration of the cycle (doses, triggering, etc) can make all the difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Donna)
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I was drawn to AFCC due to their transparency in pricing and success rates on their website. I also found their success rates to be very good. As previously mentioned, I didn't like the communication style of all communication through nurses, even for important decisions like cancelling cycles and negative pregnancy test results.
I have some insurance up to a lifetime max, so things were covered once we hit deductible and OOP max.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] is quite busy and not overly fancy or roomy. I often waited anxiously for lab results or return phone calls which didn't come until sometimes late in the afternoon. Regardless it is comfortable and sufficient...We paid 27,000 for shared risk which would have given us up to six transfers to have a live birth. We got pregnant on the first transfer. Lab and ultrasounds would have been included in this but because I did these off site they were additional. These however were mostly covered by our insurance under the diagnostic benefit (as was my hysteroscopy and husbands semen analysis--though we had to pay $150 oop for sperm cryopreservation)
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Sherbahn is a genius! After a disastrous year with another RE it was just over three months from our initial consultation to our positive beta. We went to Dr. Sherbahn with a clear goal, knowing that we were going to use donor eggs. This made our treatment path clear from the start. Regardless, Dr. Sherbahn took the time to explain the process (though we had been through it before) and help us decide between using fresh or frozen donor eggs (the latter not being an option at our previous clinic). He was considerate, confident and had a great sense of humor. This put me at ease for our embryo transfer at which I was comfortable and relaxed.
Go with an open mind. Dr. Sherbahn's success rates speak for themselves. When he reviews his statistics, his confidence could be interpreted by some as arrogance. I however, did not get that impression. I went in with a positive attitude. I just "knew" we would be successful!
Because I did my monitoring at a clinic closer to home I only actually saw Dr. Sherbahn for our initial consultation, hysteroscopy and embryo transfer. Because of this, and the fact that we achieved success so quickly I did not particularly establish a repoire with the doctor or any particular staff member. Regardless, the few times we did see Dr. Sherbahn we felt we had his full attention and that he was truly invested in our success.
Having had a failed donor cycle at a previous clinic (we never even got to transfer) we knew our plan before we even went to see Dr. Sherbahn. This made out treatment plan easy and it went smoothly from start to finish. Our only decision was whether to use fresh or frozen donor eggs. Because we are from out of town logistically it made more sense to use frozen donor eggs, even though their use is fairly new and success rates are slightly lower. We were given a username and password to access the donor profiles and photos and once we selected our donor I was suppressed with bcp then Lupron. I started taking low dose aspirin daily. I then started estrogen and then IM progesterone starting the day before thaw and fertilization. Husband had been to the clinic previously and had his sperm cryopreserved so we didn't have to travel to the clinic until transfer. My monitoring was done at a clinic closer to home. I was also on medrol for several days prior to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Aminty)
Because I did remote monitoring my interaction with the nursing staff at this clinic was fairly limited but when I did talk to them on the phone, or via email they were always friendly and accommodating.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The clinic is quite busy and not overly fancy or roomy. I often waited anxiously for lab results or return phone calls which didn't come until sometimes late in the afternoon. Regardless it is comfortable and sufficient.
We were given the option of transferring one or two embryos. We discussed this with Dr. Sherbahn prior to transfer. He gave us likely percentages of success with either option (if we transferred two we had about a 60% chance of a singleton and 20% chance of twins). We transferred two and I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with a singleton.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Our first meeting he [Dr. Sherbahn] laid out all of the facts, all of the options, all of the data and made our situation very clear and easy to understand. Whenever we met with him we never felt rushed or talked down to how some doctors can make you feel. We never left feeling confused. I have no bad experiences to speak of in regards to Dr. Sherbahn...
They [Advanced Fer - Chicago] open early (I believe 6) and are able to get you in before work to monitor you. The clinics are very clean, decorated nicely and appealing. They are very up to date on technology, procedures with a quality lab and technicians...I did not feel like a number here, the clinic seems very patient driven. The care felt very personal. They have a few locations which make it easily accessible for those who are not very close to the city...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Sherbahn is extremely knowledgeable in his field. Before choosing him I saw an OBGYN who "specialized in infertility" but I did not feel confident in her ability re: infertility, or trust her plan she laid out for me. Then, we had a consult with a reproductive endocrinologist and knew immediately she did not have our best interest in mind. Finally, we had our consult with Dr. Sherbahn we knew immediately he was the doctor for us. Our first meeting he laid out all of the facts, all of the options, all of the data and made our situation very clear and easy to understand. Whenever we met with him we never felt rushed or talked down to how some doctors can make you feel. We never left feeling confused. I have no bad experiences to speak of in regards to Dr. Sherbahn.
He is very honest. I read another review that said "He isn't the warmest fuzziest doctor but I do think he cares a lot". This is true that he may not seem very "warm and fuzzy" but if you have a consult with him, try not to let that immediately affect your decision of him. He is extremely intelligent and talented in his field. My husband and I were seeking successful treatment by a knowledgeable doctor, not to make best friends with the doctor.
The care and attention I received was personal. The plan he created was fit for me and my situation/diagnosis. The staff remembers your name, they are always friendly and responsive. We were never talked down to and we were explained everything in a way we could easily understand. We never felt like our care or time was rushed.
No suppression, fresh transfer. High doses of FSH, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), Low-dose HCG and Ganirelix. I had a low follicle count, fairly low AMH and higher FSH. The HGH and HCG are to help with the egg quality as it develops.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane)
Diane is amazing. She is good and knowledgeable at what she does, on top of things, very organized, quick to respond if you call or email and made sure everything was taken care of. She is truly a valuable asset to their team. The whole AFCC staff is wonderful. I do not have anything negative to say about any of the team. They are all very friendly, helpful and good at what they do.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I did not feel like a number here, the clinic seems very patient driven. The care felt very personal. They have a few locations which make it easily accessible for those who are not very close to the city. They open early (I believe 6) and are able to get you in before work to monitor you. The clinics are very clean, decorated nicely and appealing. They are very up to date on technology, procedures with a quality lab and technicians.
My IVF cycle was covered by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
For my very first appointment, I sent over my new patient paperwork and it was not entered into their system. I almost had to take the time to fill them out all over again, but they were able to locate it in Sue's email.

IUI, 2 IVF
While he [Dr. Sherbahn] was very blunt and matter of fact, relying and touting his success rates, he did seem to genuinely want to help us get pregnant and wanted us to know our chances...Come prepared to ask questions. He turns it over to you, basically, to steer the conversation and ask the questions. You may also have to ateee him back to your specific situation. He told a lot of stories illustrating successes but they weeenr necessarily women in my situation...
They are so busy, you do sometimes feel like they're just rotating you in [at Advanced Fert - Chicago]. I like that they are matter of fact about your chances, just wish they were more genuine in person-to-person patient care...She [the nurse] was informative, typically responsive (via email was the usual method), thorough when confirming procedures and medications). I had to ask forbid my results, though; otherwise they never told me...
IUI, 2 IVF
I like the nurses; it's clear they do this a lot and are happy to answer questions so you feel informed. The compassion is slightly lacking compared to the other clinic I went to. I also get a feeling that money talks. They want to help but they also really want your money.
While he was very blunt and matter of fact, relying and touting his success rates, he did seem to genuinely want to help us get pregnant and wanted us to know our chances.
He thought t was ludicrous that my previous doctor put me on BCP before an IVF cycle given I have a low antrall follicle count and lower AMH. But then my lead follicle developed way faster and we had to cancel that cycle. Next cycle we did do BCP and I developed more, went to transfer but still only got 3 follicles out of the 7 they predicted. I was on 450iu follistim/gonal f, 1/2ml of omnitrope, 10iu low dose HCG and a pill (methyl-?) that was supposed to improve things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Crissy)
She was informative, typically responsive (via email was the usual method), thorough when confirming procedures and medications). I had to ask forbid my results, though; otherwise they never told me.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They are so busy, you do sometimes feel like they're just rotating you in. I like that they are matter of fact about your chances, just wish they were more genuine in person-to-person patient care.
Expensive. $10,500 for single cycle plus cost for any blood work ($75 each test), plus cost of any ultrasounds. We are now looking at donor egg IVF and a frozen cycle is $15,500 + med + local monitoring + $150 to freeze sperm + cost if we would need to freeze any embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Again they just didn't provide me with test results unless I specifically asked.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Irani] is straight forward but warm. He remembers details of my life (I have a son, my husband is military, etc)...He explained the fet procedure fully. I was confident with his skills. He also spent time with us earlier discussing our remaining embryos and whether we should pgs test them. He was extremely knowledgeable...Ask anything, he is really welcoming of questions...I was just doing an FET (we had 8 embryos from a previous donor egg cycle). My protocol was pill, then stopped pill and started estrogen patches and baby aspirin and prenatal, monitored via ultra sound in the 3 weeks prior to fet date. My lining was fine but estrogen a bit low so needed to add vaginal estrogen. The pio started 6 days prior to fet at night and antibiotics and medrol.
They [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] are great with out of town patients though I wish you got a discount on your cycles since I have to pay for monitoring out of pocket elsewhere. If I was local, that would all be covered in the cost of the cycle...the nursing staff was amazing! I always knew exactly what was going on, they were completely responsive. It was great!...FET 4000 + medications and for me I had additional of our town monitoring costs
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Ask anything, he is really welcoming of questions.
He is straight forward but warm. He remembers details of my life (I have a son, my husband is military, etc)
I was an out of town patient and the nursing staff was amazing! I always knew exactly what was going on, they were completely responsive. It was great!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They are great with out of town patients though I wish you got a discount on your cycles since I have to pay for monitoring out of pocket elsewhere. If I was local, that would all be covered in the cost of the cycle.
FET 4000 + medications and for me I had additional of our town monitoring costs
Clinic uses algorithm for ET and recommends 1 unless you fall into the exception

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Sherban is a very knowledgeable doctor who delivers results. He managed my care very closely and exchibitd compassion and care. For example, he was reviewing my monitoring results while on vacation and making necessary adjustments. He was easy to talked to and very personable during procedures. He also spent over an hour with us during our initiale consultation and reviews my files very closely. Thanks to his high standard, he discovers two health conditions contributing to infertility, missed previously by another clinic.
While nurses [at Advanced Fertility] were highly efficient they lacked simpathy and often rushed thru the process trying to avoid questions about labs...Staff is really efficient and gets their job done well. The only complaint I have is that they wait until 4 pm to call you back, making you worry all day long...Great clinic. Very professional... the only weakness is that they call you in the afternoon around 3-4 pm, making it a very long day, especially if you are waiting for hcg results.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Trust your doctor
While nurses were highly efficient they lacked simpathy and often rushed thru the process trying to avoid questions about labs
He did a a regular protocol with birthcontrol, adjusted the fsh dose based on my labs. Very close monitoring
Staff is really efficient and gets their job done well. The only complaint I have is that they wait until 4 pm to call you back, making you worry all day long. They also are not very willing to share lab results
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Great clinic. Very professional. Like i mentioned before is the only weakness is that they call you in the afternoon around 3-4 pm, making it a very long day, especially if you are waiting for hcg results.
Ivf about 10,000 plus screening labs and early pregnancy care costs Frozen 4,000 plus prescreening labs and early pregnancy monitoring costs
I had decreased quality embryos and the doctor recommend two embryos instead of one. I also had a failed Ivf before this cycle
Chicago

Dr. Jain was fine. I'm an introvert so I was never overly emotional and wouldn't expect nor need much emotion from my doctor; however, he did celebrate my victories with me. He explained things clearly and was willing to repeat as necessary and without bias, allowing me to make my own decisions. The day of the surgery I decided to change our course of action. He explained the implications without forcing me to do anything.... I never felt rush while with Dr. Jain.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility] didn't offer specific about the insurance coverage. They would say "your insurance covers it" but I found out that meant only 60% two days before my surgery....The NP was a bit disingenuous. I would rather she not try to smile and be overly nice than to allow her façade to crack, which she did a number of times. The nursing stuff was always rushed though no one else was waiting. I felt like more of a number to them than the doctor.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Don't expect to be best friends.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
I was typically the only patient in the office. I never felt rush while with Dr. Jain.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
After the hysterosalpingogram showed blocked tubes we scheduled a laproscopy and a hysteroscopy. If the tubes were hydrosalpinx he would clamp them to better the chances for a successful IVF.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
It's difficult to compare because I've only been to this one. However, I am going to look at others and this clinic will be the mid bar. Also, the clinics are really far from Chicago.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Insurance covered 60%
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
The clinic didn't offer specific about the insurance coverage. They would say "your insurance covers it" but I found out that meant only 60% two days before my surgery.
Tarun Jain
Chicago

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
After my Consultation with Doc Richard I was happy and ready to start my treatments with all the information he provided. I felt confident that I was going to be a mom and I choose the right doctor to do my procedures. ... If you’re looking for a trustworthy, understanding, caring, compassion, friendly service don’t look no more. You’re at the right place. ...
They Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] [have great Custom service Check in was fast. There’s not a long wait, Clean environment and very professional. I recommend anyone looking for a great service. They’re the best! You won’t be disappointed ... My estimated cost was $10,000 ... If you’re looking for a trustworthy, understanding, caring, compassion, friendly service don’t look no more. You’re at the right place.
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I was confident that I choose the right fertility clinic. They listen to all my concerns and explain how my treatment will go. I was excited to start my journey
Unfortunately I didn’t start taking and drugs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane Swanson )
The nurses showed compassion, understanding, I felt comfortable whenever I’m around them Very professional
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They have great Custom service Check in was fast. There’s not a long wait, Clean environment and very professional. I recommend anyone looking for a great service. They’re the best! You won’t be disappointed
My estimated cost was $10,000
I have no comments for this question I didn’t get the chance to have that doctor visit.
Chicago

He's [Dr. Richard Sherbahn] a straight-shooter. You're not going to get sugar coating here. He's scientific and smart...Do not look for him to reassure you. He will give you all the facts. He's more scientific than warm... The doctor took a lot of time with us for our consultation. A lot more than previous doctors. It was great.
Diane Swanson [nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] is always responsive on the phone and through email. She's super organized and doesn't waste your time. The waiting time in this office is SO LOW compared to other offices. You are in and out!...3500 for PGS...Very caring staff. Do not judge the outdated office building. The staff and clinic overall is top of the line and thorough. The Chicago office is very convenient with free parking. You will not wait forever to see your nurse and get blood drawn here!
He's a straight-shooter. You're not going to get sugar coating here. He's scientific and smart. I was looking for a good doctor with better numbers than my last doctor and I still think Dr. Sherbahn is better.
Do not look for him to reassure you. He will give you all the facts. He's more scientific than warm. I liked this very much.
The staff is amazing and very responsive. The doctor took a lot of time with us for our consultation. A lot more than previous doctors. It was great.
Diane Swanson is always responsive on the phone and through email. She's super organized and doesn't waste your time. The waiting time in this office is SO LOW compared to other offices. You are in and out!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
3500 for PGS. Other items were covered by insurance. I had a copay, that's it. My drugs were more expensive than my appointments.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
While his [Dr Sherbahn's] bed side manner was a little different than we are used to. He was direct and honest with us- up until meeting Dr. Sherbahn we felt like no one we worked with wanted to be honest with us.
The nurses at AFCC [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] are awesome- always returned calls and answered our questions....The clinic was always very busy- leading up to stim and the actual decision to do IVF with the clinic we did feel just like a number in the craziness of the day.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
While his bed side manner was a little different than we are used to. He was direct and honest with us- up until meeting Dr. Sherbahn we felt like no one we worked with wanted to be honest with us.
He will tell you the truth about your chances and what is best for your situation
I felt that communication was lacking prior to the actual cycle- once I started my stim the communication was excellent and we were very pleased. The clinic was always very busy- leading up to stim and the actual decision to do IVF with the clinic we did feel just like a number in the craziness of the day.
Still awaiting the results of our IVF cycle- We used the Ganrillex protocol with low dose HCG, follistim etc...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Cathy and Deena)
The nurses at AFCC are awesome- always returned calls and answered our questions.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Very fast paced- a lot of people are in and out- very busy...
We did a multi cycle package deal with two fresh transfers and two frozen transfer- only complete upon live birth. Included ICSI and one year of freezing costs for leftover embryos. $16,500- didn't include monitoring as we did this locally and insurance covered this

2010 - 2015
He's [Dr. Richard Sherbahn] a very good doctor & sometimes might come of as rude, but thanks to him I have my kids. Sometimes you do feel like he's more worried about his statistics then helping you but at the end he did help us.... After the loss of my twins I wanted to discuss further action with the doctor & was told the only it would cost $2 per minute because the doctor was too busy.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] is well run. Most of the time I was seen on my scheduled appointment time & everything was well taken care of & explained. I was always able to reach a nurse if I had any additional questions... Most of the nurses were great & did a great job walking you through all the steps.... After the loss of my twins I wanted to discuss further action with the doctor & was told the only it would cost $2 per minute because the doctor was too busy.
2010 - 2015
He's a very good doctor & sometimes might come of as rude, but thanks to him I have my kids. Sometimes you do feel like he's more worried about his statistics then helping you but at the end he did help us.
It's a long journey with lots of ups & downs but don't expect him to hold your hand.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The clinic is well run. Most of the time I was seen on my scheduled appointment time & everything was well taken care of & explained. I was always able to reach a nurse if I had any additional questions.
We did the shared risk plan.
Chicago

I just began seeing him [Dr Richard Sherbahn]. My experience has been positive this far....He spent time to review my entire history and chart, and answered all my questions. He was caring and honest....Make sure to have all your information available and ready, be prepared to ask questions....The nursing staff [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] is fantastic. They are caring, responsive and patient....Patient focused clinic with high success rates. You do need feel like mother number as you do with a large big box practices in the area.
I just began seeing him. My experience has been positive this far.
Treatment is about to begin.
The bruising staff is fantastic. They are caring, responsive and patient.
Insurance
Chicago
What [Dr. Sherbahn] said would happen, happened -- I did not retrieve many eggs during IVF. I liked that he performed my retrieval and transfer and called me personally when my HCG was still after the pregnancy was non-viable
[Nurses] very attentive and easy to contact. Friendly and compassionate...Personal nurse assigned to me who I could call and email directly. A relationship developed.
Direct and honest. Diagnosed my condition of diminished reserve correctly. What he said would happen, happened -- I did not retrieve many eggs during IVF. I liked that he performed my retrieval and transfer and called me personally when my HCG was still after the pregnancy was non-viable.
Be prepared for bluntness
High doses of FSH with Ganarelix and Human Growth Hormone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Sue M.)
Very attentive and easy to contact. Friendly and compassionate
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Accessible and on top of their game