6.7

The Woodlands
17198 St. Luke's Way
The Woodlands, TX 77384

Treated 2016 - 2019
Things have taken a turn. We're on our 3rd cycle with Dr. Allon and i feel like our time with him is cut very short. I still believe in him and this third transfer works but he has too much on his plate and definitely needs some help. Running three practices on his own is too much and he needs to dedicate that time back to his patients...highly suggested only transferring one embryo during both transfers. We were never forced to transfer multiple.
On our second transfer, we had a miscarriage, and the nurse [at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] that was doing the ultrasound didn't even know how to do the ultrasound and had to face-time Dr. Allon because she didn't know what she was doing...Failed to provide me with positive or negative pregnancy results. Took way longer then expected to receive results. Prescriptions were not placed. The nurses expected me to remember how to do injections after 3 years of not doing them and didn't provide any of training information that i had requested.
How was your experience with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Dr. Allon is an amazing and compassionate doctor. He truly cares about his patients. Or at least this was the way we felt back in 2016. Things have taken a turn. We're on our 3rd cycle with Dr. Allon and i feel like our time with him is cut very short. I still believe in him and this third transfer works but he has too much on his plate and definitely needs some help. Running three practices on his own is too much and he needs to dedicate that time back to his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
To have patience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
First cycle (2016) we felt like a human. Second cycle (2018-2019) we started to feel like a number. Third cycle (2019) we feel more like a number. The practice is just not the same anymore from when we first went in 2016 to know. Probably because Dr. Allon is the only doctor now running all three locations.
Describe the protocols Michael Allon used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
Dr. Allon never did any of our treatment plans. Dr. Tralik is the person who oversees our treatment plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Tralik)
Dr. Tralik is an amazing doctor. The nurses on the other hand, not so great. I don't believe they even went to nursing school. On our second transfer, we had a miscarriage, and the nurse that was doing the ultrasound didn't even know how to do the ultrasound and had to face-time Dr. Allon because she didn't know what she was doing.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Strengths - Dr. Tralik - Weaknesses - clinic and staff, wait time is horrible, waited 3 hours for a transfer. My transfer time was scheduled for 12pm and we didn't end up transferring until 4pm. Unless Dr. Allon can get help, I don't see the practice getting any better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
We paid over $16k for the first cycle.
Describe Michael Allon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Dr. Allon highly suggested only transferring one embryo during both transfers. We were never forced to transfer multiple.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Treated 2017
Dr. Goudas was very open and honest the entire way of the process. He was always talking optimistically and was very disappointed that we were not successful with the process... He wanted to try whatever method he could in order for us to become parents... Dr. Goudas put us on the typical med protocol for egg retrieval and then transfer. The first transfer was successful however we miscarried after 5 and a half weeks due to chromosome abnormalities. Next we did back to back retrievals but all embryos were abnormal.
was not overly thrilled with the clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] as a whole. Their office staff lacks good, clear communication. I have had horrible times dealing with their financial department and their office manager is not prompt with getting back to you. I also felt as though the clinic was not as up front as they should have been with their pricing. I did like that they offered a teacher discount. However, i felt like the charged me for things I didn't need or use.
How was your experience with Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
I feel Dr. Goudas was a great doctor. He was always straightforward and very optimistic. I know he felt disappointment with the fact that we were not successful. He wanted to try whatever method he could in order for us to become parents.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Ask as many questions as possible and don't be afraid to ask however many times you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Describe the protocols Vasilios Goudas used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
I spent a year with Dr. Goudas. He was the 3rd doctor I had been to. By the time I got to him we were ready to go straight to IVF. Dr. Goudas put us on the typical med protocol for egg retrieval and then transfer. The first transfer was successful however we miscarried after 5 and a half weeks due to chromosome abnormalities. Next we did back to back retrievals but all embryos were abnormal.
The nursing staff overall was really good. I was pleased with my service from them.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
I unfortunately was not overly thrilled with the clinic as a whole. Their office staff lacks good, clear communication. I have had horrible times dealing with their financial department and their office manager is not prompt with getting back to you. I also felt as though the clinic was not as up front as they should have been with their pricing. I did like that they offered a teacher discount. However, i felt like the charged me for things I didn't need or use.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
My overall costs, excluding insurance, was $30,000.
Describe Vasilios Goudas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Dr. Goudas said that he would transfer 2 embryos if we elected to not do PGS testing but probably only 1 if we did PGS testing. I believe my age played a factor as well.
Vasilios Goudas
Treated 2017
Dr. Allon was very nice and concerned about my wellbeing. He had even called me one evening on his cell phone to see if I was doing okay...I always felt at ease with him. If I needed to talk to him I could... He did my ERA test (which came back right) with one protocol and then the transfer cycle after was with a different protocol. It should have been the same protocol used as the one with the ERA test. I never realized this until another dr looked at it and pointed it out.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] is nice. The outside has easy parking and it’s free. The inside is nice as well. Everything is set up perfectly and has a place. They do have a wellness place inside with acupuncture and vitamins etc. I feel like they make a lot of money off this too! The dr highly recommends using it...it’s not cheap either...The staff was friendly. They knew my first name and would talk to me when I came in like a “human”.
Dr. Allon is very caring and easy to talk to. I always felt at ease with him. If I needed to talk to him I could. He is a very busy man but would take the time to see if he could help with anything. Honestly I have nothing bad to say about him as a person. The treatments/ protocols that he used for us...unfortunately didn’t work but that’s okay it has worked for others.
Just pay attention to your protocol and if he changes it every single cycle. There should be some consistency to find out what is working and what isn’t. He did my ERA test (which came back right) with one protocol and then the transfer cycle after was with a different protocol. It should have been the same protocol used as the one with the ERA test. I never realized this until another dr looked at it and pointed it out. For first time IVF patients it’s hard to know everything....by the second round you will know a lot more. (Hopefully you won’t have a round 2).
The staff was friendly. They knew my first name and would talk to me when I came in like a “human”. Dr. Allon was very nice and concerned about my wellbeing. He had even called me one evening on his cell phone to see if I was doing okay.
I would like to say he tried just about everything on me. Literally! I felt like a guinea pig at times, but it didn’t matter because I wanted to be pregnant!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
They didn’t answer the phone much. You would have to leave a message. Sometimes hard to understand.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The clinic is nice. The outside has easy parking and it’s free. The inside is nice as well. Everything is set up perfectly and has a place. They do have a wellness place inside with acupuncture and vitamins etc. I feel like they make a lot of money off this too! The dr highly recommends using it...it’s not cheap either.
It was $14,500.00 for IVF and the medications were another $3-$5 thousand....then $3,150.00 each time we did a transfer. Plus add acupuncture $400 for a couple treatments which they HIGHLY recommend and all their wellness products.
Test your embryos no matter what! Always! Dr. Allon said I am younger I should have good embryos...no need to test. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY! He would transfer two every time when we only had 6. I wasn’t old when he did the transfers. Seemed to be a little much especially when this isn’t a cheap process. He chargers for each transfer. Some places will not charge for each transfer. They only charge after you have had a successful one.
Treated 2016 - 2018
He made me feel encouraged like we could have a child. They didn’t explain to me my issue I’m still guessing about what needs to be done....He suggested a lot of expensive herbs and vitamins that they sell but I couldn’t afford them so that wasn’t very helpful.... Dr Allon is has awesome bedside manners.... I was told that all me and my husband test were fine and good from the dna test. Then later they said we needed some prevention medicine because of a test result
The strength [Advanced Fertility Ctr] is the location the online portal is nice. It’s not for people who want to self pay at a reasonable rate it’s expensive but the doctor is nice and is able to do everything there at the facility. I don’t like all the pricey vitamins fell like it’s marketing and not really a solution.... I was told that all me and my husband test were fine and good from the dna test. Then later they said we needed some prevention medicine because of a test result and I was like you guys said we were good and in clear before and I got no response.
He made me feel encouraged like we could have a child. They didn’t explain to me my issue I’m still guessing about what needs to be done. They didn’t accept my insurance past a certain point either so I’m stalled.
Be financially ready otherwise you will get your hopes up in vain.
They were kind, fast and courteous Dr Allon is has awesome bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The strength is the location the online portal is nice. It’s not for people who want to self pay at a reasonable rate it’s expensive but the doctor is nice and is able to do everything there at the facility. I don’t like all the pricey vitamins fell like it’s marketing and not really a solution.
All I can remember is it was very expensive to move forward. I received blood work and checked to make sure my tubes were open and that’s basically it.
Treated 2015
I feel Dr. Allon is stretched very thin. He does not handle any of the actual fertility protocols but only the procedures. He knows your name when he enters the room before the procedure. He has a great bedside manner but if you want to speak with him during treatment you have to pay for a consultation fee....Be ready for limited communication from him, everything comes from the nurse....[The nurses] prayed with us before the transfer and each called me when we received the negative BETA
He has a great bedside manner and is a wonderful doctor. He just has limited time because of the number of patients at the clinic. He really needs a partner at his practice
Be ready for limited communication from him, everything comes from the nurse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Alex, Aurora, Monica )
They prayed with us before the transfer and each called me when we received the negative BETA