6.7

The Woodlands
17198 St. Luke's Way
The Woodlands, TX 77384

Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Allon truly cares about me as his patient. We've had many setbacks and each time that has happened he assesses the situation and comes up with a new plan. He's compassionate and honest.... I lost weight prior to treatment in order to improve my egg quality. He has a wellness center on site to help with that. I took CoQ10 and prenatal vitamins. We did not use birth control before my cycle in order to not suppress my ovaries.
They [Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] provide the best care and are good at making appointments that fit with your schedule. A weakness at the clinic is wait time for appointments, but it depends on the day. Some days there is little wait, others times it's longer.... Dr. Allon has his own inhouse lab, so those costs are out of pocket.... Jeanine is the coordinator I dealt with the most. They are excellent at answering my many questions and reassuring me when needed.
How was your experience with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Dr. Allon truly cares about me as his patient. We've had many setbacks and each time that has happened he assesses the situation and comes up with a new plan. He's compassionate and honest. We were successful once and have a beautiful daughter. We are being treated by home again and trying to have baby #2. We love Dr. Allon and are glad he has our back during such a stressful process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Trust your gut and make sure you ask any questions you have. He's there to help make dreams come true,
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
The staff at Dr. Allon's clinic make a point to get to know you. They learn your name so that makes you feel like a human, not just another number. Everyone, including Dr. Allon genuinely care about your situation and needs.
Describe the protocols Michael Allon used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
I lost weight prior to treatment in order to improve my egg quality. He has a wellness center on site to help with that. I took CoQ10 and prenatal vitamins. We did not use birth control before my cycle in order to not suppress my ovaries. Meds used were Gonal-F, Ovadrel, and Menopur. We ended up getting 5 good quality frozen embryos. After the first transfer failed, he looked at reasons why that could have happened. He ran more tests to rule certain things out and discovered that my prolactin was high. For the successful transfer I was taking medication to lower my prolactin. Dr. Allon only uses frozen embryos. After my positive pregnancy test, he monitored me closely for the first 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jeanine Price)
For retrieval cycles you meet with Dr. Tralik and her two coordinators. They are all amazing and care about the difficult process you're going through. Jeanine is the coordinator I dealt with the most. They are excellent at answering my many questions and reassuring me when needed.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
They provide the best care and are good at making appointments that fit with your schedule. A weakness at the clinic is wait time for appointments, but it depends on the day. Some days there is little wait, others times it's longer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
I had health insurance coverage for the first round of treatment that covered procedures. But, Dr. Allon has his own inhouse lab, so those costs are out of pocket. Paying 100% out of pocket this time and for one egg retirval and transfer (includes all lab work and freezing costs) it will be $11,000-$12,000 plus the cost of meds $2,000-$6,000.
Describe Michael Allon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
He has always transferred two frozen embryos.

Treated 2013 - 2015
They were all very, very compassionate. The one negative was that I felt like depending on what procedure I was getting there was always someone different and they didn't always communicate. It would have been nice if my coordinator would have been a little more involved.
He was very compassionate. He was honest with us in the beginning that because of my age donor eggs were my best option and he "wouldn't put you through" trying with my own as he just thought it would not work. Because he is so thorough we discovered before my 2nd transfer that my uterus was covered in scar tissue because of my previous C-section. It took a lot more work to get my uterus healed before I was ready for a transfer. Dr. Allon never gave up on me but I totally trusted that if we were to get to the point where it was an impossibility that he would have been honest with me. There were a couple of times that I had questions and emailed or call and he always called me back immediately, giving me his mobile number to call whenever I needed to. As far as I'm concerned he is an angel.
Listen to him. Ask a lot of questions.
All of the nurses and Doctor's really knew my situation and me. I never felt like I had to remind someone of my case.
The first step was always the hysteroscopy. With my first round it was routine and then we went straight into a successful transfer. The 2nd time there was scar tissue almost completely covering my uterus, he removed it all and we did another hysteroscopy. The scar tissue was back so we did another one and then inserted a pediatric catheter for one week, another hysteroscopy showed that that cleared up the scar tissue but then the Ultrasound showed fluid in my uterus. He had to drain it twice and then we did another hysteroscopy to see what kept showing up on the Ultrasound. It was some inflammation that he had to remove. So I finally got on the treatment calendar estrace twice a day, one baby aspirin, dexamethasone, doxycline a couple of days before, PIO injections a couple of days before. That transfer did not work. After my period came we started again immediately with the same protocol plus another medication to increase blood flow to my uterus (pentafoxylyn?) and 1000mg of vitamin E. This time the transfer resulted in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Can't remember the fresh cycle but the FET was $3125 each time.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Just once they didn't call in my prescription early enough. And one time they told me to start my doxycline but I shouldn't have so I was short when I finally was supposed to start them, but they quickly called in a refill so it was fine.
Treated 2014
He [Dr. Allon] answered our many calls after hours when we were scared something was wrong and never once made us feel like those calls weren't welcomed...We moved to IVF with a frozen cycle so all the drugs could go out of my system before my body tried to accept the embryo. We transferred two embryos after thawing 3 because they worried that more than 2 embryos would be too big for my body. They thawed 3 because the first egg was only "okay" quality. They transferred the 2 best and I did acupuncture to help with the transfer. I also took a vitamin regimen that Dr. Allon recommended to help my body give me the best results. We were very excited when we received the news that we were pregnant after our first IVF cycle.
The nurses [at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] were very caring and comfortable to talk to and ask questions to. They answered the many questions we had over the phone and were so kind when providing us both good and bad news. They were very good about explaining every step of the process when I was going through it... The facility was great, and it was so nice to have one place to go rather than going to do some procedures in a hospital. We one of the staff was very kind and honest about the different steps and expectations. The staff offered to help in any way they could.
Dr. Allon made sure we understood every step of our journey. He sat with us while we cried happy tears and sad ones, and through our many many questions. He was sure that we understood the risks and the gains and why he was making the recommendations that he did. He answered our many calls after hours when we were scared something was wrong and never once made us feel like those calls weren't welcomed.
To trust him. He has your best interest at heart.
He was very caring and tailored everything towards us as individuals. He was caring and warm, and explained things in several different ways when we had questioned.
We first completed IUI since we had already done clomid with my ob/gyn. We had what he considered a perfect cycle with the numbers always like they should be, and an insimination that was good. We ended with a negative pregnancy test. Because everything was "perfect" he wanted us to move to IVF. He worried that there was something going on that we couldn't see or test for. We moved to IVF with a frozen cycle so all the drugs could go out of my system before my body tried to accept the embryo. We transferred two embryos after thawing 3 because they worried that more than 2 embryos would be too big for my body. They thawed 3 because the first egg was only "okay" quality. They transferred the 2 best and I did acupuncture to help with the transfer. I also took a vitamin regimen that Dr. Allon recommended to help my body give me the best results. We were very excited when we received the news that we were pregnant after our first IVF cycle.
The nurses were very caring and comfortable to talk to and ask questions to. They answered the many questions we had over the phone and were so kind when providing us both good and bad news. They were very good about explaining every step of the process when I was going through it.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
They were excellent. The facility was great, and it was so nice to have one place to go rather than going to do some procedures in a hospital. We one of the staff was very kind and honest about the different steps and expectations. The staff offered to help in any way they could.
The IVF MD costs were around 10,000 with medication not included. They provided us with a pharmacy that was available and helpful.
He felt given out struggle that he wanted to transfer two and was very upfront about it. We agreed with the decision and had no questions about it.
The Woodlands
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Allon was compassionate and a great help in helping me to understand all the troubles that would come with IVF, and all the possible outcomes even if those outcomes are not in my favor. He also took the time to give me other options when my previous IVF Cycles we're not positive or failed. He encouraged me not to give up and understood when I explained I couldn't move forward due to lack of funding.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] itself is very nice and comfortable atmosphere. It is not overly busy so you can get in and out of your appointment in a timely manner...There is acupuncture available if you have the funding to utilize it...I did mini IVF Cycles and they had all inclusive package deals to help accommodate your needs. Which was convenient and you didn't have to worry about making a payment every time or unsure of what the cost maybe.. And if a treatment was stopped you get refunded for what is not used..
Everyone in the office took time to answer my questions and cater to my needs
It is good to write down all the questions you have so that you don't forget any. And ask about discount and alternative ways of payments
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The clinic itself is very nice and comfortable atmosphere. It is not overly busy so you can get in and out of your appointment in a timely manner. There's a TV in the lobby to entertain your family members if they have to wait for you when you're having a procedure done. There is acupuncture available if you have the funding to utilize it
I did mini IVF Cycles and they had all inclusive package deals to help accommodate your needs. Which was convenient and you didn't have to worry about making a payment every time or unsure of what the cost maybe.. And if a treatment was stopped you get refunded for what is not used.. which is not recommended but very helpful
Treated 2013 - 2016
At the beginning, in 2013, I was very much treated like a human. The more popular he [Dr. Allon] got, the more I felt like a number....He listens to what I know about my own body and takes that into consideration with treatment. While he does have typical treatments for specific infertility dx, he doesn't hesitant to change based on YOU. He did this with all my cycles.
Overall this clinic is amazing and I recommend people there a lot. I've noticed the level of concern and personalization of the staff [at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] has decreased as time has gone on and the clinic has been more successful.
Allon is fantastic. He listens to what I know about my own body and takes that into consideration with treatment. While he does have typical treatments for specific infertility dx, he doesn't hesitant to change based on YOU. He did this with all my cycles.
Ask all the questions
At the beginning, in 2013, I was very much treated like a human. The more popular he got, the more I felt like a number.
I used Femara CD 3-7 5 mg, Gonal F 150 IU and Menopur 75 IU CD 6-10. In my case I needed u/s on CD 8 and 10. I'd trigger CD 10 and IUI would be CD 12.
I had a variety of nurses. Some didn't seem to care and some seemed very compassionate. I've noticed the level of concern and personalization of the staff has decreased as time has gone on and the clinic has been more successful.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Overall this clinic is amazing and I recommend people there a lot.
I spent $1500-$2000 per cycle, not including medications.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
I didn't have all my calls returned. I had to make multiple phone calls and even when promised a call back I didn't get it.
Houston
She [Dr. Kristiansen] was kind, caring, informed and answered the questions I have before I asked them! I felt comfortable with her and they told me to ask any questions I have. I had questions later and emailed and received a response same day.... She was personable and kind. She spoke to me and my husband and addressed our specific issues and concerns.
Invocell is the route we will be taking with the option of PGS [at Houston Fertility Center- Houston].. She [Dr. Kristiansen] does multiple transfers..... They get you in quickly, are nice, caring and thorough. Not sure of weaknesses I’m a new patient but I don’t think things can be any worse than my previous experience. I’ve heard great things about Dr. k and am looking forward to moving forward.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
She was kind, caring, informed and answered the questions I have before I asked them! I felt comfortable with her and they told me to ask any questions I have. I had questions later and emailed and received a response same day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Schedule with her she’s amazing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
Invocell is the route we will be taking with the option of PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
They were just as kind as Dr. k and answered all our questions. They provided number for the financial component. Gave us both Invocell and IVF options.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
My copay covered my visit. We will have to pay out of pocket for everything else.
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
She does multiple transfers.
Sonja Kristiansen