Advanced Fertility Group

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1222 Professional Blvd.
Jasper
1025 1st Avenue
Jasper, IN 47546
812-482-6066
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Group to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 6Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 56.9
6.8
1 doctor
2014 - 2017
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
I would say the only weakness is the ultrasound times. They [Advanced Fertility Group] book everyone for the same time in the morning and then it becomes first come first served. It's not terrible, but on busy days it can get frustrating when people line jump...I loved one of them [nurses], the other was so-so. Not terrible, just not as compassionate.... Billing department is also great and straightforward....iui with meds was around 3,000 per cycle. ultrasounds were around 200. ivf ran around 12-16,000
2014 - 2017
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
I would say the only weakness is the ultrasound times. They book everyone for the same time in the morning and then it becomes first come first served. It's not terrible, but on busy days it can get frustrating when people line jump.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Dr Gentry is very caring and conversational.
I loved one of them, the other was so-so. Not terrible, just not as compassionate. But the entire clinic was so happy for me when I had my positive result. Billing department is also great and straightforward.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
He's great about going as far as you want to go, but I feel that sometimes he could have been a little more negative. As in, don't just tell me that of course this will work, tell me that it might not!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Research beforehand, and know your chances. If your egg reserve is low, go right to IVF instead of IUI's. If you've had previous miscarriages, ask for an APS blood test before your IVF.
Describe the protocols William Gentry used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Tested for blockage first, then surgery for endometriosis. Followed by natural cycles with pills When two of those failed, we tried natural with injections and ultrasound monitoring. When those failed we went to IUI, and tried that twice. Then two rounds of IVF, at which point he told me that I should consider donor eggs. He advised that we could keep trying with my eggs, but that we would spend a lot of money for unlikely results. The clinic worked with me and let me use a friend as a donor. First IVF with donor resulted in brief pregnancy, then failed. APS bloodwork done, another IVF this time with heparin therapy and success! Healthy baby girl born!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Group.
Bit of a cattle call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group.
Describe William Gentry's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Group.
He lets you choose. If you pick 2 he warns you that there is a potential for twins.
Indianapolis
All of the staff [at Advanced Fertility Evansville] besides Dr. Gentry were great. They all knew you by name and always asked how you were. Clinic was very clean and you knew exactly where to go and how everything was going to go as far as scans and what not
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
All of the staff besides Dr. Gentry were great. They all knew you by name and always asked how you were. Clinic was very clean and you knew exactly where to go and how everything was going to go as far as scans and what not
When first being with Dr. Gentry I really felt like a human and that I was cared about. During my second and third cycles I didn't feel cared about. I felt like I was just told that yeah you look good and that it's all good and then it resulted in no pregnancies. I felt like when talking with Dr. Gentry he could never really tell me why I wasn't getting pregnant. I even had surgery to help but again nothing happens.
The nursing staff was amazing. They explained stuff better than Dr. Gentry. Tara was the best. She was always there to make sure you felt like you were a human and she knew how to console you.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Dr. Gentry reminds me a very caring person that wants you to think your going to get a baby and everything is going to go peachy king. But when something goes wrong he can't explain what has happened. To me I never fully got questions answered. It was always a yeah next time it's gonna happen and I never felt like I was heard as far as he goes.
To stay there and get the answers to your questions. Make sure that he fully understands that everything needs to be explained fully and accurately and that means even the bad.
I was on Menapur and Gonal F along with blood thinners and oil injections. I took birth control for the first several days and then I switched to my injections which I did for 7 nights. I took Ganarelix to help stop ovulation.
About 90 percent of the time it was very smoothly ran and it was about a 5 min wait until you got in because of people in front of you. Most of the time they did a general time for everyone to be there but if you were getting more specific scans done then you were given a specific time to be there.
I had insurance that helped pay for my infertility treatments there so it wasn't bad. I think out of pocket with medicine and treatment costs for our first round it was around 7000 and our other rounds were around 8000 to 9000.
Dr. Gentry was good about whatever we wanted to do on transfers. We wanted to do 2 each time and he was happy with that. He didn't want to do anymore than 2.
Evansville
The nursing staff [at Advanced Fertility Group] is for the most part very caring and friendly. They took time to answer my many questions and they were empathetic when things weren't working....The clinic is in Carmel. For ultrasounds and IUIs, they have you come in around 7:30 am and it's first-come, first-serve. There were some mornings where we waited 2 hours to get an ultrasound or IUI. I would have greatly preferred they schedule specific times for those appointments.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
After a few tries, I started feeling like they didn't really care if we got pregnant. Dr. Gentry said we would probably get my wife pregnant within 3 IUI cycles and we had 6 unsuccessful cycles with her, without any explanation about why it wasn't working. We also had 3 unsuccessful IUI cycles with me. We spent over $15,000 overall and have nothing to show for it.
The nursing staff is for the most part very caring and friendly. They took time to answer my many questions and they were empathetic when things weren't working.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Dr. Gentry is friendly and has a good sense of humor, but we didn't see him very often other than initial consultations (we tried 6 rounds of IUI with my wife and 3 rounds of IUI with me, all unsuccessful). He told us my wife would probably get pregnant within 3 tries but we never got an explanation or even a guess as to why we weren't successful after 3 tries. I felt like we had to do a lot of our own research. He also never brought up anything about lifestyle (smoking, eating, exercise, etc.). I don't necessarily want a doctor to harp on those things but I also feel like they should be brought up when trying to conceive.
Know that you'll be relying a lot on the nursing staff to answer questions. If you have an idea for something that might help your chances of getting pregnant, share it (for example, I asked if we could do 2 IUIs in 1 cycle and they let us do that).
For both my wife and I, we started with just clomid to help grow follicles and an HCG shot to promote ovulation, followed 1.5 days later by the IUI. With each subsequent IUI, we increased the clomid dosage and eventually added Gonal-F injections along with the clomid. After each IUI, we took progesterone to help with implantation and possibly prevent miscarriage. All 9 of our IUIs resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Between 6 IUI's for my wife and 3 for me, we've spent around $15,000 (possibly more). The cost of each cycle depended on the amount of medication we needed. They do give a discount on procedures if you pay with cash or check.
2011 - 2012
Information would change from day to day and person to person....The clinic [Advanced Fertility Group] was not as organized as they could be. Scheduling was very difficult. Phone calls could have been made in a more timely manner....[nurse] Bea was nice and helpful. She also had a good bedside manner...Their schedule was more important than my then husband's and mine and, again, money was their primary focus.
2011 - 2012
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
The clinic was not as organized as they could be. Scheduling was very difficult. Phone calls could have been made in a more timely manner. My first transfer really should not have happened per the recommendations of the embryologist, but the doctor said to do the transfer, so we did. I think it was just to make more money.
Very little contact with the doctor, mainly dealt with staff. When we did meet, the primary conversation was regarding money - how much for this and that. The first transfer he told us to proceed with, I later found out in my medical records was an embryo that the embryologist advised against transferring. After that, I had twins that I was told were "perfect" which I ultimately lost. Their schedule was more important than my then husband's and mine and, again, money was their primary focus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Bea)
Bea was nice and helpful. She also had a good bedside manner.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Again, his primary concern was always about money. They added charges for all kinds of things. When it came to scheduling, it was pretty much his timing, not so concerned about our timing. Not a great bedside manner.
Talk to others. Afterwards, I spoke with only 2 people who got pregnant and delivered babies with him (one of those happened about 15 years earlier and the other one was recent). Most of the people I have spoken to since said they went, did several procedures and never got a baby.
Menopur, Bravelle, Follistim - to produce multiple follicles
I don't remember specifically the amount, but Dr. Gentry's fee was over $4,000, his clinic fee was over $4,000 and the medications he put me on the first time were about $4,000. The second time, he put me on less expensive medications (about $2,000) and I actually responded much better! Again, he was always concerned about money whenever we spoke to him so I think his going with the more expensive meds first just goes along with that. He should have started with the less expensive (which worked much better for me) first before going for the most expensive meds.
I was in agreement with his protocol of only transferring 2 embyos.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
They [Advanced Fertility Group] can be slow to respond because they have Dr. Gentry review the cases at the specific office. They do always get back to you though. Dr. Gentry has years of experience and has a good sense of humor too.... For IVF the cost is between $12,000-$15,000 IUI is under $700 Semen analysis is $150 Semen storage is $400/year... It can be difficult to get to see him since he has 3 office locations.... He treats each case as an individual person.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
They can be slow to respond because they have Dr. Gentry review the cases at the specific office. They do always get back to you though. Dr. Gentry has years of experience and has a good sense of humor too.
He treats each case as an individual person.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Dr. Gentry has had several years experience with infertility. When we first went to him we thought I was going to be the problem. However our lives have changed so much now that it’s my husband is the problem. My husband had a Stem cell transplant that has left him sterile. We were lucky enough to have frozen semen but our only option is IVF.
It can be difficult to get to see him since he has 3 office locations.
Our first treatment option was IUI due to low motility. However, my husband was diagnosed with cancer again and had to have a stem cell transplant which has left him sterile. We were able to save semen and when we contacted Dr. Gentry again he was willing to see us and reevaluate. I went through testing to make sure I was okay. Dr. Gentry even tried clomid and HCG for three months to see if my husband was still producing sperm. He found out that he is in fact sterile and our only option is IVF with our frozen semen.
Dr. Gentry will only transfer 3 embryos for each cycle. I am comfortable with that.
Indianapolis
They [nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Group] help with what they can. They try their best to answer any questions for you. They communicate well for you to the doctor...The clinic is a small practice so I feel you are well taken care of. They are quick in getting you back for your appointment. If the doctor is going to be late they let you know right away and make sure you are comfortable.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
He makes you feel important and shows compassion when speaking with you.
They help with what they can. They try their best to answer any questions for you. They communicate well for you to the doctor.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
He suggested different options of what could help. He also explained things in a way you can understand. When you had questions he is willing to sit there and listen until all is answered and you feel comfortable on what you asked. So I feel my experience is great with him.
Ask plenty of question so you get all the understanding you need.
I had an ovarian drilling. As it sounds it seems like it cab ve very painful. Everyone is different but it actually wasn't bad at all. Just tend and sore in the areas the cut you at. This was to help eliminate cyst in the ovaries and help with ovulation. The strategy was that I was a good contender for this since fertility injections didn't help.
My insurance isn't great so I have to pay a lot. Roughly $2000 just for injection process. They do expect to be paid before seeing him again they may let you go for about 1-2 with out paying but then will refuse after and eventually send you to collections.
Indianapolis
For blood work ultra sounds medicine shots and iui it was all about 2000 [at Advanced Fertility]...Weakness it's not always easy to get in fast...Strengths, very welcoming atmosphere, good communication, makes things understanding, positive atmosphere, and attuides, and compassion...[nurses] Answered all our questions, made it very understanding, showed great compassion, very positive, great attuide, and atmosphere. Over all very welcoming.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
Weakness it's not always easy to get in fast but mostly it is. Strengths, very welcoming atmosphere, good communication, makes things understanding, positive atmosphere, and attuides, and compassion.
Hes very compassionate, understanding, answers any and all questions or concerns. He has great bestside mannes, he is very positive, very thorough. Has a great attuide, very trustworthy. We love and respect Dr. Gentry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Tara)
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Very great, compassionate, understanding, involved, helpful, postive, overall great team. Answer questions. Very positive. They have a great and positive atmosphere. Welcomeing, treats all as they are important and matter.
Wonderful dorctor and team.
Had blood work done before, after, and, during treatments. Ultra sounds done before and during, 4 done. Pills, and injections givin along with a handwritten calendar exsplain when and what tome to do them all. Extra injections giving and hormone injections givin. Sperm transfer from spouse to myself through IUI. Blood test to follow and follow up appointments.
For blood work ultra sounds medicine shots and iui it was all about 2000
2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Everyone at the clinic [Advanced Fertility Group] was very nice, very polite and very professional. They always seemed understanding and showed compassion and respect for my wishes. They were always responsive to my calls and my emails.... The IUIs including monitoring, office visits, ultrasounds and medications ran around $900 and the sperm was around $1100.... The nursing staff was always nice and always greeted me. They explained the processes very well and were always responsive.
Native American, Other
2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
Everyone at the clinic was very nice, very polite and very professional. They always seemed understanding and showed compassion and respect for my wishes. They were always responsive to my calls and my emails.
I saw Dr Gentry every time I had an appointment. He was always very positive and willing to let me try with my own eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
He has a great bedside manner. He was alway very positive and listened to what I wanted as a patient. I wish he would have given me my odds for IVF sooner and I wish I would have started that process sooner. He has a lot of compassion.
Make sure you know your odds of success for each procedure.
Timed cycles, medicated cycles and natural cycles. I had 3 IUIs one with a known sperm donor with femara and HCG trigger. Another one with a sperm donor, clomid and HCG trigger and the last with a sperm donor, clomid and HCG trigger.
No comments, did not prep for egg retrieval or IVF.
2012 - 2015
Endometriosis, PCOS
I felt they [Adv Fert - Indy Penn Pkwy] really let us down. It's a hard jurney to be on and when you feel as if the doctor isn't apart of the treatments...[Nursing Staff] They where alright. They changed every time we went. Always a different nurse. The only staff that stayed the same was the ultrasound tech..I was never told any test results without asking. After my surgery they talked to my husband but didn't tell either of us much detail....
2012 - 2015
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
Ask a lot of questions! They never just have you information.
We only saw Dr Gentry at the consultation and for surgery and post-op.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
Dr Gentry was very nice but we hardly saw him or spoke to him. He referred to me as his problem child. Not exactly sure how to take that. He wasn't there for any treatments I received. I only saw nurses or staff. He never did any of the call backs to talk with us about the treatments not working. He never addressed our concerns with our treatments. It would have been nice to have more day about treatments options.
Ask a lot of questions! I was never told any test results without asking. After my surgery they talked to my husband but didn't tell either of us much detail.
I feel as if they just keep doing the same treatments even after I expressed my thoughts and concerns. By the time we'd finished our 4th fails iui. Our ins had run out so there was no other options for us. I would have like to be more in control of how we used the insurance money.
It was around $10,000.00
Indianapolis
[Advanced Fertility Group is] Easy to make appointments. They are confidential. Great communication. No weaknesses that I have run across. Always there for you when you need them. Promptly answer phones as well. No complaints here.... They [the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility group] are absolutely great. So compassionate. They know their stuff.... They laid out the cost very clearly. No surprises thus far.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
Dr. Gentry is very professional and caring. He has many years of experience and is knowledgeable.
They are absolutely great. So compassionate. They know their stuff.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
He is very knowledgeable and understanding of your situation. We have a long process ahead of us, but we know Dr. Gentry will be there for us. We are saving to try to afford an IVF cycle. He and his office was very upfront about the costs of this.
To be open to options. Dr. Gentry will make the best recommendation for your situation.
We originally thought we could do IUI, but after sperm analysis, we have to do IVF. It has to be surgically removed from my partner.
They laid out the cost very clearly. No surprises thus far.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
His [Dr. Gentry's] staff is super friendly and personable. They always take an interest in our situation... That makes it feel less clinical.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Doctor Gentry is very warm and caring. He took time to talk with us about our specific situation and was open to doing what made us comfortable. His staff is super friendly and personable. They always take an interest in our situation.
They are all friendly and will call to follow up mid cycle to see if I have questions. They also always take an interest in our personal lives. That makes it feel less clinical.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
He is very friendly and kind. He always had a smile and is very optimistic. He listened to our problems and didn't second guess or diminish our experience. He has guided us along the way and has explained everything as we have gone along.
Don't wait to call, if you are having difficulty conceiving just make an appointment and talk it out with him. We waited 12 months and are sad we didn't call sooner.
2008 - 2012
Endometriosis, PCOS
Small warm waiting room [at Advanced Fertility Group]. Minimal wait times. Lack of communication once youre out of the clinic and at home. Everything was very clean but also very small. This could either make you feel more at home or congested depending on personal opinion...[nurses were] Effecient and blunt. Not particularly warm...I had a very poor reaction to treatment. I felt as though I was clear on my concerns and where I was personally in my life. Then no follow up happened.
2008 - 2012
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Group.
Small warm waiting room. Minimal wait times. Lack of communication once youre out of the clinic and at home. Everything was very clean but also very small. This could either make you feel more at home or congested depending on personal opinion.
He was very down to earth and warm.
Effecient and blunt. Not particularly warm.
How was your experience with William Gentry at Advanced Fertility Group?
He was way too concerned about long term fertility than acute issues. He wasnt as up front about potential side effects of my treatment on my daily life. He didnt seem as concerned as he should be about detrimental side effects the treatment was causeing me.
To rally and protect your day to day life while he is planning your long term fertility future.
Lupron and laproscopic surgery were used to unblock tubes, preserve fertility and reduce pain.
Fortunately do to endometriosis all of my costs were covered by insurance.
I do not have any comments.