Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Coordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1625 Third Avenue
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Services to a friend?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
It's a very intimate office [Advanced Fertility Services], just the doctor and the practice manager. It was wonderful to build such a close relationship with both of them. This was the strongest take away for me; the personal attention, the sense that you are really being cared for and not just a number. It's a rare delight in any doctor's office, but particularly during such a sensitive and challenging time. The drawback of this is that occasionally things would fall through the cracks- phone calls sometimes went unreturned, a couple of times a rx wouldn't have been put through, etc. And no email, but I can live with that.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Services.
It's a very intimate office, just the doctor and the practice manager. It was wonderful to build such a close relationship with both of them. This was the strongest take away for me; the personal attention, the sense that you are really being cared for and not just a number. It's a rare delight in any doctor's office, but particularly during such a sensitive and challenging time. The drawback of this is that occasionally things would fall through the cracks- phone calls sometimes went unreturned, a couple of times a rx wouldn't have been put through, etc. And no email, but I can live with that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Loucopoulos at Advanced Fertility Services?
Dr. Loucopoulos runs a very small practice and the quality of care was top notch. I was never rushed, my concerns were always addressed, and I really felt like he got to know his patients. His bedside manner is wonderful; to the point but always sensitive. And he has a great sense of humor to boot. I never hesitated to contact their office throughout the long process whenever any questions came up.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Services?
How was your experience with Andrew Loucopoulos at Advanced Fertility Services?
My experience was wonderful. I'm not suggesting Dr. Loucopoulos is for everyone, not everybody appreciates his approach. His method is slow and thorough, he doesn't resort to meds right away. I love my time with Dr. Loucopoulos, so much so that I was sad to transfer to an OB when I got pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Loucopoulos at Advanced Fertility Services?
It takes a couple visits to warm up to him,
Andrew Loucopoulos
Advanced Fertility Services

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andrew Loucopoulos at Advanced Fertility Services.

2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
The clinic [Adv Fert Srvcs] itself seemed a little dated and not that clean. I saw a dead bug in the changing room which distracted me during the remaining part of the consultation. The surgical facility seemed newer and cleaner....They [nursing staff] were pleasant and straight to the point...$2500 for the rejuvenation procedure but it would have included anesthesia...We discussed ovarian rejuvenation after several months on a thyroid treatment in order to balance a hypo thyroid issue I was having.
2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Services.
The clinic itself seemed a little dated and not that clean. I saw a dead bug in the changing room which distracted me during the remaining part of the consultation. The surgical facility seemed newer and cleaner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
He made sure that I received pre-treatment blood work to determine if I needed to take a closer a look at my thyroid as possibly being a factor in my infertility.
They were pleasant and straight to the point.
How was your experience with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
Dr Melnick was open to new and innovative techniques before other doctors were. He seemed knowledgeable on the latest infertility treatments. He also was very patient with all of my questions and didn't rush the appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
Do your research and write down all your questions before going to see him. Take notes
Describe the protocols Hugh Melnick used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services.
$2500 for the rejuvenation procedure but it would have included anesthesia.
Hugh Melnick
Advanced Fertility Services

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[The nurse at Advanced Fertility Services] went above and beyond to make sure all went well with medications and visits..The staff is excellent. Communication is good. Appointments are made according to each person's situation... The facility is comfortable...Dr. Melnick was knowledgeable, pleasant and explained instructions well. It was disappointing each time I was not pregnant but He tried. He was pleasant and professional. He was usually punctual. He took time with instructions...He transferred one embryo for most of the IVF...While my embryos were considered excellent they did not implant. He was never able to confirm why. I think Dr. Melnick is resilient, and determined to satisfy his patients. I would hope he will try all the new techniques now available. I have one last chance of IVF with my Husband sperms but I am unable to afford it. I am sure he will continue to be pleasant and professional.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Services.
The staff is excellent. Communication is good. Appointments are made according to each person's situation. Overall great experience. You will expect a good outcome with treatment you feel positive. The facility is comfortable.
Most of my treatment was done after my I had tragic circumstances in 2016 I did Major Surgery for fibroids May 27, 2016. May 28, 2016 my Husband Cris took me home, May 29, 2016 my Husband felt sick and was rushed to Brookdale Hospital where he passed away the next day May 30, 2016. Following this my Dad passed September 11, 2016. While my embryos were considered excellent they did not implant. He was never able to confirm why. I think Dr. Melnick is resilient, and determined to satisfy his patients. I would hope he will try all the new techniques now available. I have one last chance of IVF with my Husband sperms but I am unable to afford it. I am sure he will continue to be pleasant and professional.
Shana Gordon was an exceptional Nurse. She went above and beyond to make sure all went well with medications and visits.
How was your experience with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
Ask as many questions as you need to.
I used birth control to start then Lupron and other medications.
Some were ok. Some was expensive because I am a disabled Veteran who self pay and did loans due to no insurance coverage.
Describe Hugh Melnick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Services.
He transferred one embryo for most of the IVF.
Hugh Melnick