Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1319 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii to a friend?

2 doctors
2012 - 2018
The doctors at ARCH are on top of the latest developments in infertility medicine. Having been with them for 6 years, I've seen first hand how they modify treatment approaches in response to new medical research and innovations. The clinic is fabulous at fitting you in if you are late to your appointment because of traffic and I've never had to reschedule. Both doctors are good but somewhat different in personality and style. I found one was a better fit for me than the other. I would not describe either doctor as warm-and-fuzzy but they are kind, polite, and professional.
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina Arnett at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii?
She remembers details about you and devotes time to answering any questions you have.
I have been with the clinic for 6 years so I have cycled through several staff changes in that time. The nurses have always been friendly and professional.
How was your experience with Christina Arnett at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii?
I've been pleased with the care I've received from Dr. Arnette. She is good at explaining options and respectful of my choices. She never pushes one procedure over another but presents the details, options, and risks, and allows me to choose what is best for our family. I'm a scientist so I frequently ask questions that may be more technical than most patients and she always takes the time to answer them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christina Arnett at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you want to know something that isn't discussed, ask her before your appointment ends.
Describe the protocols Christina Arnett used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii and their degree of success.
We did 7 IUIs that resulted in the birth of our daughter. We have subsequently done another 18 IUIs trying for a second child. Up to this point we have not wanted to pursue IVF for various reasons (i.e., financial, religious, and personal) but are now considering it as a "hail Mary pass" before accepting that we will remain a family of 3.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina Arnett at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
Under my insurance, I just had copays for appointments associated with the IUIs I received.
Honolulu

Weakness: In this clinic [ArC of HI], I don't remember a nurse or office manager going over costs with me like I have experienced in other clinics. Strength: Not really a strength, but since this clinic is adjacent to the hospital where I needed to get a procedure done, the scheduling was quick and easy. ... There seemed to be a great nursing staff at this clinic, however each time I went, I had a different nurse. It kind of made me feel like none of the nurses were familiar with me.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
Weakness: In this clinic, I don't remember a nurse or office manager going over costs with me like I have experienced in other clinics. Strength: Not really a strength, but since this clinic is adjacent to the hospital where I needed to get a procedure done, the scheduling was quick and easy.
I feel like Dr. Arnett never bothered to know me. Each appointment she was in and out of the room within a couple of minutes. I don't think she took the time to know my case specifically.
I did not feel like Dr. Arnett bothered to understand my situation specifically. While she is a great doctor, I feel like she should realize that each case is different and one case is not just like the rest. As far as being able to ask questions, there were times she was out of the room before I could open my mouth to ask anything. I understand all doctors are busy, but I have since seen other doctors who take the time to answer questions during appointments.
I would recommend writing down questions and having them ready at your appointments. Both Dr. Arnett and Dr. Huang seem very "go go go" and are quick with their patients.
I only got as far as going on Clomid with Dr. Arnett. She put me on the lowest dose, and when I didn't respond, she just upped it. She did that again after the second dose did nothing. I ended up not taking the third (and highest) dose of Comid because I was showing absolutely no change from when I wasn't on any medication.
Describe Christina Arnett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
Honolulu

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christina Arnett at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.

It can be super intimidating to go to the clinic the first few times...I probably could have used a little more friendliness, but I also understand that they must have a late patient load and are very busy...I think that my level of care has been excellent. I have been confident in both doctor’s abilities to successfully perform all of the tests and surgery that I have had to date. I feel very good knowing that they are both experts in their field. Also, the nursing staff is extremely nice and has always tried to make sure all my questions are answered in case I missed asking the doctor.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
It can be super intimidating to go to the clinic the first few times. For me, this was my first time seeing an RE, and I had zero idea what to expect. I probably could have used a little more friendliness, but I also understand that they must have a late patient load and are very busy. It was also very hard for me to turn over all control of my cycles to the doctors and clinic. That being said, I think that my level of care has been excellent. I have been confident in both doctor’s abilities to successfully perform all of the tests and surgery that I have had to date. I feel very good knowing that they are both experts in their field. Also, the nursing staff is extremely nice and has always tried to make sure all my questions are answered in case I missed asking the doctor.
Dr. Arnett does her best to know specific details about you and your care.
Dr. Arnett is extremely intelligent and highly knowledgeable in the field of reproductive health. Her expertise is very reassuring as a patient on this journey. I would say that she could work on her bedside manner. She tends to be short on some details and seems a bit hurried when she’s with you.
Try and have patience with this process while 100% making sure that you are getting answers to all of your questions.
Honolulu

Him [Dr. Huang] and his team [at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii] do a tremendous job at making every part of the process as conveniant and easy as possible. His entire staff are incredibly patient and understanding...Strengths, great staff and clinic is at Kapiolani hospital where all other services and procedures are done. Weaknesses include: they could provide more scheduling details during routine services or ultrasounds to new patients. As a new patient to fertility treatments, I wasn't always clear on procedures or expectations for the following visit. It would have helped to have reminders during any procedure or service with the doctor or nurse so I knew timelines.
East Asian, Latino, Other
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Chris Huang at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii?
Him and his team do a tremendous job at making every part of the process as conveniant and easy as possible. His entire staff are incredibly patient and understanding. Dr. Huang lightens the process with his humor and jokes.
Very patient and kind. Always understanding and never hesitates answering questions.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii?
How was your experience with Chris Huang at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii?
He is very honest and straight forward with all information. He always tries to place humor into his visits, to make for a more enjoyable and less stressful situation. He always explores financing options or ways to minimize patient costs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Chris Huang at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii?
He is very honest and won't downplay anything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Chris Huang at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
I can't remember, but we stayed under expected budget. My PPO insurance plan covered alot of payments.
Chris Huang
2017 - 2019
Everything [at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii] is organized. A well-run team...He [Dr. Chris Huang] froze my eggs 2 years ago. But he reccomend that we try at least 3 iui cycles before using my frozen eggs to save me money and I like knowing that I have a backup (my frozen eggs) in the event that my body cannot conceive with iui...He's very personable, friendly and professional. I like how blunt and realistic he is...I appreciate that he's very nice and treats me well, doesn't make me feel stupid when I ask stupid questions lol. He listens to my concerns and is open when I opt to try a different method for my second upcoming iui
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.
Everything is organized. A well-run team. Nothing to really point out. This was the second clinic I went too. The first ivf clinic I consulted with didn't seem trustworthy and gave me the impression that they just wanted my money.
He's very blunt and realistic, which is what I wanted in a doctor. I appreciate that he's very nice and treats me well, doesn't make me feel stupid when I ask stupid questions lol. He listens to my concerns and is open when I opt to try a different method for my second upcoming iui
Describe the protocols Chris Huang used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii and their degree of success.
He froze my eggs 2 years ago. But he reccomend that we try at least 3 iui cycles before using my frozen eggs to save me money and I like knowing that I have a backup (my frozen eggs) in the event that my body cannot conceive with iui.
Chris Huang
Honolulu

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Chris Huang at Advanced Reproductive Center of Hawaii.