Genetic counseling: Offered
808.262.0544
407 Uluniu Street
Kailua, HI 96734
808.262.0544
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii to a friend?

2019 - 2020
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
[Dr. John Frattarelli is] A very warm, understanding doctor, he was very informative and quick to reply to a late night phone call to reassure me of my questions or concerns and never made me feel bad for calling. Always smiling throughout the office and keeping a great atmosphere throughout the clinic...I started off with unexplained infertility after trying for 4 years with no pregnancy. Right before starting clomid found out I was naturally pregnant but found out 7 weeks in that it wasn’t viable so had a d&c by my choice. Did clomid next with ti, that didn’t work. Iui with injections and had an ectopic. Did a bunch of blood tests over a week or so then got the shot to eliminate it. Took a few months off to restore body then came back to do iui with folistim and had a chemical pregnancy. Was about to do ivf but got stalled for covid19 under their recommendation during this time. Hoping to start in next month or so.
Everyone there [Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii] is great. Super friendly and informative. After going there for over a year everyone pretty much recognizes me and is rooting me my next step whatever it may be. Carissa has been very good about communication through the beginning steps of ivf and I am still feeling very positive about everything although we have taken a little break.
2019 - 2020
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Have a consultation to figure out what your path may be and trust your doctor no matter what happens in the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Warm care
Describe the protocols John Frattarelli used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Carissa)
Everyone there is great. Super friendly and informative. After going there for over a year everyone pretty much recognizes me and is rooting me my next step whatever it may be. Carissa has been very good about communication through the beginning steps of ivf and I am still feeling very positive about everything although we have taken a little break.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Be on time for your appointments. Stay positive throughout the process and make decisions you are 100% about. Ask any and all questions so you always feel confident with your decision. Have a friend, spouse or someone you can talk to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Cost in beginning was great bc I had tricare only and they covered everything. Picked up hmsa as my primary just in case I decided to do ivf and a lot of things were out of pocket which was expensive. Now I am going to start ivf which is covered more by hmsa so it is worth it.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
We had discussed starting injections for next cycle but it wasn’t ordered in time so I did clomid instead. It’s ok though, I’m not upset about it.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Frattarelli is kind and caring. He doesn't sugarcoat the limitations of fertility treatment or give you false hope. ... Before we knew that my we needed a sperm donor, my partner was put on clomid ... Once we found out why there was no sperm, we moved on to a sperm donor and began IUI treatments. ... I have since had a total of four medicated IUIs, none of these resulted in pregnancy. ...
The doctors, nurses and staff [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii] are caring and take the time to make sure you understand what is happening. They know my name when I visit and they remember me from visit to visit. ... The nursing staff is really great--kind and warm. The only issue I had was that when a nurse calls me sometimes they don't seem to have all the information needed. I did talk to the Doctor about that, and it hasn't come up in a long time.
2017 - 2019
Dr. Frattarelli is kind and caring. He doesn't sugarcoat the limitations of fertility treatment or give you false hope. But he is positive and you can tell he really wants you to succeed. He seems to be very thoughtful about his approach.
Make a list of questions before you're appointments so that you don't forget to ask while you are being seen by the doctor.
The doctors, nurses and staff are caring and take the time to make sure you understand what is happening. They know my name when I visit and they remember me from visit to visit.
Before we knew that my we needed a sperm donor, my partner was put on clomid (which was terrible for him). That didn't work. Once we found out why there was no sperm, we moved on to a sperm donor and began IUI treatments. Our first IUI, I was given clomid, which didn't support my lining, but we proceeded with that IUI attempt, which did not result in pregnancy. Following that I was given femara, and lining wasn't an issue. I have since had a total of four medicated IUIs, none of these resulted in pregnancy. I have also been through one IVF, which resulted in one high quality embryo (PGS tested, there were two other that were rated good, but when tested, showed chromosomal abnormalities). The IVF did not result in pregnancy. I'm now beginning another IVF cycle, which will probably be my last attempt because of finances.
The clinic is really beautiful and clean. The entryway feels like a spa. The receptionists are really nice and always greet me by name. The phlebotomist is also really kind and makes getting your blood drawn a little more bearable. They offer parking validation.
With insurance coverage and PGS testing, and IVF cycle cost about $10,000. We received a small refund because we only ended up needing to test three embryos rather than the anticipated five.
Describe John Frattarelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
We only had one PGS normal embryo, so we only had the option to transfer one.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr fratarelli has exceptional bedside manner. He’s kind, compassionate and very respectful. He explaines every procedure, medication, ultrasound thoroughly in a way that is easy to comprehend. He is truly compassionate about the work he does and I would have no reason to change my doctor unless I had to move to another state.... Dr fratarelli always transferred 2 embryos in each of my IVF cycles. That was my preference also.
The clinic [ARMG -Hawaii] is a very comfortable and warming environment. You walk in to be greeted at the desk and already feel at home. Zoe my phlebotomist was so friendly and always give a warm and friendly approach. FIH always strive to encourage clients to never give up hope of having their miracle family. I have zero complaints about Dr Fratarelli, his staff and his clinic.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Trust Dr Fratarelli’s judgment and expertise regardless of the outcome of treatment - positive or negative.
Dr Fratarelli genuinely cares about every one of his clients. I never felt like a “number” during his care. His bedside manner is exceptional and he will go above and beyond every time to ensure everything possible has been done to help achieve pregnancy.
I am unable to recall the specific drugs and dosages except for the progesterone injections which was 1ml every morning and endometrin vaginal tabs which where done either daily or BID to my knowledge.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae )
Every single employee at FIH were exceptional. Jae, my IVF coordinator was very compassionate. She provided medication teaching clearly and verified I understood. She was extremely empathetic and supportive when delivering my negative pregnancy test results.
The clinic is a very comfortable and warming environment. You walk in to be greeted at the desk and already feel at home. Zoe my phlebotomist was so friendly and always give a warm and friendly approach. FIH always strive to encourage clients to never give up hope of having their miracle family. I have zero complaints about Dr Fratarelli, his staff and his clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
FIH was very flexible with my appointment times as long as it was in the AM of a specific day.
Dr fratarelli always transferred 2 embryos in each of my IVF cycles. That was my preference also. He explained the rationale for not transferring more which made total sense.
Honolulu

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.

3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. John and his staff were amazing.They were very responsive and easy to work with. I could tell they had our best interests at heart.... I saw 3 doctors over the course of 8 years of TTC. Dr. John was by far the best one. He was very warm, easy to talk to, and honest from the start. We trusted him implicitly with our care. His professionalism and bed side manner are top notch. I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with fertility issues.
They [Fertility Institute of Hawaii] are very busy so the appointments are short and to the point. If you feel like you need to be coddled a lot, this may not be the clinic for you. Everyone who works there are is very nice. I did not have a problem with any one there. It was nice to have follow up appointments on Maui.... [nurse] Aisling always took the time to call us and check up on us even after I was released to my OBGYN....
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Do your research. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
We used an egg donor because Dr. Frattarelli knew that we would not be able to conceive with our own eggs due to previous failed cycles. We used 7 donor eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 became blastocysts and we transferred 1. Our son was born in September 2016.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Aisling)
Even though she was super busy, Aisling always took the time to call us and check up on us even after I was released to my OBGYN. She even sent my son a gift when he was born.
They are very busy so the appointments are short and to the point. If you feel like you need to be coddled a lot, this may not be the clinic for you. Everyone who works there are is very nice. I did not have a problem with any one there. It was nice to have follow up appointments on Maui.
They were high. We paid $42k for our egg donor cycle.
We chose to trust the doctor's recommendation of a single embryo transfer.
Honolulu

He [Dr. Frattarelli] took the time to explain procedures and course of action but because of being so busy, most time nurse practitioner took over cases....He looks at all courses of action and what is the best treatment
The nurse practitioner [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] that I was assigned to did not take the time to really work with me. There were no follow ups with the procedures, no communications whatsoever...Felt like a number and not like a patient. Very robotic, if you don't fit in their mold of a healthy patient they make you feel unwanted.
He took the time to explain procedures and course of action but because of being so busy, most time nurse practitioner took over cases.
He looks at all courses of action and what is the best treatment
The nurse practitioner that I was assigned to did not take the time to really work with me. There were no follow ups with the procedures, no communications whatsoever
Very welcoming and organized
There were no follow up with patient due to what needed to be done. Felt like a number and not like a patient. Very robotic, if you don't fit in their mold of a healthy patient they make you feel unwanted.
Honolulu
Wonderful and professional. He listened to our concerns and answered all questions thoroughly. I highly recommend him. He was personable and understanding. I felt very comfortable with him. Great doctor...[Nurse at ARMG - HI] She always answered my questions. She was so prompt and caring. I miss her. I felt as if she was my friend....Worth every penny plus more....Compassion and empathy...
Have faith and stay positive.
Compassion and empathy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jeongah)
Worth every penny plus more.

2012 - 2013
Dr. F [Dr. Frattarelli] seemed to genuinely care about me and my husband's case. He never seemed to be in a rush and took as much time as necessary with us at every appointment...Dr F. is a great communicator and skilled doctor. He was always professional and cordial...When you are ready to proceed to IVF from IUI, tell him...
Dr. F seemed to genuinely care about me and my husband's case. He never seemed to be in a rush and took as much time as necessary with us at every appointment.
2012 - 2013
When you are ready to proceed to IVF from IUI, tell him.
John Frattarelli

[Dr. John Frattarelli] was more robotic than family oriented... is focused on his work. He explains things well and has the top of the line equipment. He meets with you to discuss everything that you will need to go over and explains the process. He has a great set up that helps families by combining fertility nurses and nurse practitioners!...once you have your consultation you will be given a map and calendar of the next steps. It is well organized and you have direct contact with the fertility nurse that will hold your hand along the way.
They have a one stop shop [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii]. They are very personalable and you will be highly informed right away...once you have your consultation you will be given a map and calendar of the next steps. It is well organized and you have direct contact with the fertility nurse that will hold your hand along the way...They [nurses] are all professional. They make you feel comfortable. They are all open to any questions. They are organized and helpful. They became our family!
Dr. Fratt is focused on his work. He explains things well and has the top of the line equipment. He meets with you to discuss everything that you will need to go over and explains the process. He has a great set up that helps families by combining fertility nurses and nurse practitioners!
They have a one stop shop. They are very personalable and you will be highly informed right away.
The office workers and staff treated us like a human. We had an extremely good fertility nurse that took care of us. The front desk and the flambologist were very nice. We still go back there and visit. Dr. John was more robotic than family oriented. I heard they got a lot better.
I cant really recall but once you have your consultation you will be given a map and calendar of the next steps. It is well organized and you have direct contact with the fertility nurse that will hold your hand along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Mi Yamashita)
They are all professional. They make you feel comfortable. They are all open to any questions. They are organized and helpful. They became our family!
It's a one time shop. You can get everything done there. Bloodwork, ultrasounds, egg retrieval, the lab.It was convenient, time saving, and easy. We also got all labs and reports done there and fast results. A plus= free parking!!
Dr. Fratt told me that in Hawaii the first round of ivf would be covered under insurance. We paid 5k instead of full amount!
Dr. Fratt suggested 1 embryo transfer for best quality.
Honolulu

I was doing an IUI while on vacation which was unusual for them but they treated me like they would any other patient -- with care.... I wasn't assigned a doctor as we were just doing an IUI. But as a whole it was a good experience with everyone we came into contact with. I'm not sure the name of the person who performed the IUI; she was kind and informative.
This clinic [Advanced Reproductive Med and Gynecology of HI] was willing to work with my clinic back home to make my IUI happen while on vacation. It was pretty simple as all of my monitoring was done at my home clinic. They were happy to help and took good care of me.... approx. $230 for an IUI with sperm washing (not including monitoring)... I was doing an IUI while on vacation which was unusual for them but they treated me like they would any other patient -- with care.
How was your experience with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
No advice. As always, do your research first and pick a doctor that you feel will listen to you and will support you best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Describe the protocols Anatte Karmon used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
This was an IUI cycle with monitoring, clomid and trigger shot.
The nurses were kind, gentle and on top of things.
This clinic was willing to work with my clinic back home to make my IUI happen while on vacation. It was pretty simple as all of my monitoring was done at my home clinic. They were happy to help and took good care of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
approx. $230 for an IUI with sperm washing (not including monitoring)

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr.Frattarelli cares for his patients and it really shows. He has a calming, kind demeanor and makes you feel at ease about a very stressful situation (IVF). We never felt rushed like we were just another number and he took his time to explain things in detail, although i'm sure he has a million other tasks or things to take care of...I felt he was always honest with us and didn't sugarcoat anything. He actually remembers his patients when they come in and knows their fertility history.
All of the medications and calendar [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] were organized and easy to follow making it with one less thing to worry about. If I had a questions via email, she [nurse] always got back to me very promptly. You could tell she enjoys what she does and it shows through her patient care...Everyone we interacted with was very kind and you would see lots of smiling faces from the staff.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr.Frattarelli was amazing. I felt he was always honest with us and didn't sugarcoat anything. He actually remembers his patients when they come in and knows their fertility history. I absolutely hate when doctors come in that are unprepared and don't know a thing about you until they look at your chart during your appointment. Dr.Frattarelli cares for his patients and it really shows. He has a calming, kind demeanor and makes you feel at ease about a very stressful situation (IVF). We never felt rushed like we were just another number and he took his time to explain things in detail, although i'm sure he has a million other tasks or things to take care of.
I would tell a prospective patient that although an IVF cycle can very very stressful, to remain as calm, and stress-free as possible because with Dr. Frattarelli because you're in good hands
My husband and I both felt like we were treated like humans because they were attentive to every need and questions we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Fluker)
Our nurse that helped us throughout our IVF cycle was Rachel and she was amazing. She was very nice and compassionate and helped ease the anxiety of going through such a stressful ordeal. Rachel was able to answer all of our questions and explain things thoroughly. All of the medications and calendar were organized and easy to follow making it with one less thing to worry about. If I had a questions via email, she always got back to me very promptly. You could tell she enjoys what she does and it shows through her patient care .
The office always seemed busy however they were always able to see you pretty quickly. We were always welcomed with a smiling face at the front desk and they would remember your name so you didn't feel like another number waiting to be called. If Dr Frattarelli was running behind, they'd let you know and get your labs done or get you prepped in the exam room ready to go. Zoe would do my lab draws and she was great. I'm usually a hard stick but she was always able to get me every time. She was also very, very nice which helped ease the fear of having to get another blood draw. Everyone we interacted with was very kind and you would see lots of smiling faces from the staff.
The cost of our IVF medications was about $3000
If I remember correctly he recommended only one embryo due to my age (31 at the time) but since I had two embryos implanted with my first failed IVF (with another doctor), he was okay with our wishes to implant two embryos again for this IVF cycle
Kailua Medical Arts

[Dr. Frattarelli] offered us participation in an IVF drug study trial, so the protocol was very structured. He did explain to us that this study would not allow him to adjust the medication as he would like, but would provide us an “extra shot” that we could learn from if we needed to go through another cycle. He offered us many options that we could try (iui, clomid, traditional IVF etc since this is our first fertility treatment) but we felt confident that we had made the right choice.
100% of our IVF fees were covered by the drug trial [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii]. Initial consult fees, testing costs and other procedures (hysteroscopy) were as expected. They allowed us to do our blood work and ultrasounds at other clinics to avoid costs if we wanted...Their office is buzzing with tons of staff to keep the flow of patients moving. The wait time was always incredibly minimal and the facility is spacious, organized and efficient. The check in staff knew me by name and I always had positive interactions with all of the team members. The clinic is convenient, offers validated parking and is discreet.
I had done a lot of research prior to our initial consultation. He answered every question I had with care and energy. We always left feeling hopeful and reassured that we were in good hands. He performed all of our treatments and explained what was happening at every turn. I would definitely recommend him!
Do your research and know what options are available to you before arrival so that you can allow him to provide his knowledge on the treatments.
From the very start, our doctor made us feel important. He made both my husband and I feel like neither of us were “the reason” we hadn’t been able to get pregnant. He offered us info and let us choose the path that fit our needs.
Our doctor offered us participation in an IVF drug study trial, so the protocol was very structured. He did explain to us that this study would not allow him to adjust the medication as he would like, but would provide us an “extra shot” that we could learn from if we needed to go through another cycle. He offered us many options that we could try (iui, clomid, traditional IVF etc since this is our first fertility treatment) but we felt confident that we had made the right choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Silivia, Tamara, Myra)
My husband is a doctor himself and he was thoroughly impressed with the efficiency of this clinic. My MANY MANY emails were always responded to promptly and with care. They took the time to ease my mind and make sure I understood all of the info I was provided. They have been great!
100% of our IVF fees were covered by the drug trial. Initial consult fees, testing costs and other procedures (hysteroscopy) were as expected. They allowed us to do our blood work and ultrasounds at other clinics to avoid costs if we wanted.
IN the drug study, we were required to only transfer one embryo n a fresh transfer.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
From day one Dr. Karmon has always made me feel like we can achieve our goals. She has helped me keep faith in this long, dreadful journey. ... They started me on Provera for 10 days. I had to do a HCG which showed my left tube was blocked and had polyps in my uterus. Dr. Karmon did a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. The next cycle we started with Provera and then Femara.
Strengths[of ARMG HI]-Friendly, compassionate, make you feel like family, able to schedule in a timely manner, upfront pricing, help you with the confusion of insurance costs ... Nursing staff is so amazing. Because I have been there so many times over the cycle of my journey, all of the staff know me by name. It’s a nice feeling when you are made to feel like family when dealing with something so difficult
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
From day one Dr. Karmon has always made me feel like we can achieve our goals. She has helped me keep faith in this long, dreadful journey. When things didn’t work as planned, she would assure me there is still more possibilities and would adjust our plan of action. Her compassion is like no other and I always felt like she was right there with me. I actually referred my best friend to her. My best friend had 2 recurrent unexplained miscarriages and after her second one I suggested she contact Dr. Karmon for help. I trusted her so much that I sent my best friend to her for help. My best friend is now about to give birth to a baby girl in April.
To trust In Dr. Karmon. She knows what she’s doing and with her help she will lead you in the right direction.
For the first couple cycles it took a veryyy long time for my follicles to be ready for ovulation stimulation. Dr. Karmon knew how frustrating it was for me and she expressed multiple time how frustrating it is for her as well because she knows how frustrating it is for me. It made me feel like she really wanted results for me just as much as I do.
For the first cycle, because of insurance, we had to do timed intercourse. Because I have PCOS I don’t typically have regular cycles. They started me on Provera for 10 days. I had to do a HCG which showed my left tube was blocked and had polyps in my uterus. Dr. Karmon did a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. The next cycle we started with Provera and then Femara. After no results with Femara, we moved on to Follistim. For the first 2 cycles with follistim at 100 units, it took just about 30 days for my follicles to respond. The remaining cycles, Dr. Karmon introduced a steroid with the Femara in the beginning of the cycle to hopefully help my follicles react sooner. With the steroid it took my follicles less than a week of follistim!!!! After my last failed IUI, we discussed IVF and are due to start the medication once I get my period.
Strengths-Friendly, compassionate, make you feel like family, able to schedule in a timely manner, upfront pricing, help you with the confusion of insurance costs I honestly can’t think of any weaknesses. I have not had one bad experience.
Costs after insurance: About $40 for scans and bloodwork, done 3-7 times per cycle $178 per IUI after military discount and insurance Total prepayment for IVF after insurance $5000. Not including any medication or other tests during IVF
Describe Anatte Karmon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Dr. Karmon highly recommended eSET and said that she would allow up to two but really preferred to do one because my husband and I are both young and healthy.
Kailua Medical Arts

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.

2017 - 2019
Dr Karmon is amazing and she has faith in what she does and she will be there every step of the way with you...had a plan from the very beginning of my treatment and we stuck to it. No unexpected changes was added, and everything went smooth... is very pleasant, knowledgeable, kind and understanding. She took the time with me to help me understand my treatment and my plan that she had for us. She was able to answer all my questions and just be my person throughout every step of the way.
[Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] was amazing. All the staff was so sweet. They remembered me every time I came in. Zoe (the phlebotomist) is awesome, her laugh is the best! Emily (receptionist) so sweet and kind, she always took the time to talk to me when she appeared to be so busy at multitasking...They helped me with every injection teaching, every question I may have had, every tiny anxiety attack (thinking I did it wrong, when I didn't) They made everything seem like a breeze and time flew by during my treatments
2017 - 2019
Dr Karmon is by far the best doctor I have ever had! She takes the time with each patient and she very passionate at what she does. She is very caring and took the time to treat me as a person and not a patient.
Don't give up. I know it may seem trying, but Dr Karmon is amazing and she has faith in what she does and she will be there every step of the way with you.
Dr Karmon is very pleasant, knowledgeable, kind and understanding. She took the time with me to help me understand my treatment and my plan that she had for us. She was able to answer all my questions and just be my person throughout every step of the way.
Dr Karmon and my IVF nurse was amazing! They helped me with every injection teaching, every question I may have had, every tiny anxiety attack (thinking I did it wrong, when I didn't) They made everything seem like a breeze and time flew by during my treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tiare B.)
Tiare is AMAZING! She was with me every step of the way. She held my had during my retrievals and was there when I woke up. She is by far the sweetest person and I am thankful I had her during my journey!!!
Fertility Institute of Hawaii was amazing. All the staff was so sweet. They remembered me every time I came in. Zoe (the phlebotomist) is awesome, her laugh is the best! Emily (receptionist) so sweet and kind, she always took the time to talk to me when she appeared to be so busy at multitasking.
Dr Karmon had a plan from the very beginning of my treatment and we stuck to it. No unexpected changes was added, and everything went smooth.
Kailua Medical Arts

Dr. Frattarelli was very informative but I was also assigned to Dr. Karmon who is also very exceptional....They answered any questions that I have and also explained to me what to expect and the outcome being that I had very low ovarian reserves. But they did not discourage me in proceeding with my IVF even though my chances is very slim to conceive....I first went through counseling of what to expect throughout the IVF procedure, then went through a saline check to see if my uterus is good.
Our IVF coordinator [at ARMG] which is Taylor Shodahl was very informative, supportive, communicated very well, and was always there to answer any of my questions and made sure that I understand all medications and how to use it, and all the procedures that I will be going through. Also all the staff from the reception to the admin, blood work, and nurses were very nice, helpful, and compassionate throughout my procedure from the beginning to the end.
Dr. Frattarelli was very informative but I was also assigned to Dr. Karmon who is also very exceptional. So was also very informative, supportive, and caring through out the whole IVF procedure. They explained to me every medication that I'll be taking, the procedures I'll be going through from check ups to egg retrieval, to embryo transfer. They answered any questions that I have and also explained to me what to expect and the outcome being that I had very low ovarian reserves. But they did not discourage me in proceeding with my IVF even though my chances is very slim to conceive.
I would recommend Dr. Frattarelli and Dr. Karmon for them as their fertility doctors because they don't just make you feel like another patient they make you feel comfortable and that they are there to help you conceive a baby. Their whole staff are very friendly and supportive.
They treated me like a human knowing how much I wanted to have a child. They were very informative on the procedures and what the outcome may be. They were caring, supportive, and sensitive towards my feelings when my IVF failed.
I first went through counseling of what to expect throughout the IVF procedure, then went through a saline check to see if my uterus is good. There were also blood work for both me and my husband. Sperm check for my husband which results came back very good. I had couple of ultra sounds done. I was taking DHEA, C0Q10, and prenatal vitamins. I also did the T-Patch, Estrace, before starting to take the progesterone, Cetrotide, growth hormone, Follistim, Menopur, Gonal-F, Endometrin, Lupron, Ovidrel/Novarel/HCG. Then during egg retrival they harvested 4 follicles, out of 4 follicles, 2 became embryos which both was transferred to my uterus. End result the embryos did not attach to my uterus resulting in failed IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Taylor Shodahl)
Our IVF coordinator which is Taylor Shodahl was very informative, supportive, communicated very well, and was always there to answer any of my questions and made sure that I understand all medications and how to use it, and all the procedures that I will be going through. Also all the staff from the reception to the admin, blood work, and nurses were very nice, helpful, and compassionate throughout my procedure from the beginning to the end.
Overall the clinic is by far the best. I was told about this clinic from one of my friends and also heard that they are really good and the best in Hawaii. Dr. Frattarelli was also recommended from my OBGYN. From the first day they were very friendly and cooperative.
The cost for my IVF was covered by my insurance HMSA but my copay was $3200.00 but additional cost for recommended medications was around $1000.00 plus.
Because of my situation of being a low ovarian reserve they elected in transferring 2 embryos which I felt very comfortable with it and had no objections. It was for the better chances of us to conceive.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
He [Dr. Frattarelli] is extremely professional and very knowledgeable. He may come off as a bit cold at first but I appreciate his honesty and forwardness and trust him. He is very thorough and on top of things. He is out every once and a while but makes sure to be there for the important times....I first met with Dr. F for a preliminary consultation and he took preliminary tests. Based off of that, he found that I had diminished ovarian reserve along with what I already was known to have, a unicornuate uterus with a left non-communicating horned ovary.
I've never been to anywhere that has had more painful blood draws and missed my veins multiple times as the phlebotomists here [ARMG of HI]. They are very nice, just very painful or they have to readjust the needle multiple times (the most was 7-8 times in one sitting). I'd appreciate less turnover in my IVF coordinator, as that would help me to feel more comfortable with the clinic....$3,815K for one IVF cycle with insurance and $1K per egg for genetic testing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
He is extremely professional and very knowledgeable. He may come off as a bit cold at first but I appreciate his honesty and forwardness and trust him. He is very thorough and on top of things. He is out every once and a while but makes sure to be there for the important times.
Make sure to ask a lot of questions. I would recommend this with any doctor. Also, do your own research.
Dr. F would be out at a conference or trip and sub doctors would often not remember me or forget that Dr.F was my primary doctor. Assigned to a new nurse coordinator at least 5 times.
I first met with Dr. F for a preliminary consultation and he took preliminary tests. Based off of that, he found that I had diminished ovarian reserve along with what I already was known to have, a unicornuate uterus with a left non-communicating horned ovary. However, he found that the quality of my eggs was still good. We did a baseline check with saline and then I was trained to give myself injections to stimulate my ovaries to produce eggs. 6 eggs were taken out of me, 5 eggs were fertilized, 3 eggs made it to the 8-cell stage and after genetic testing, only 1 was genetically sound. I just finished my second cycle of 3 oral estrace a day (with 1 vaginal estrace at night in the last 3 days of cycle). In the first cycle of oral estrace, my lining only grew to 6.7mm, and then in the second cycle, only grew to 5.1mm. Dr. F said we need to try a different technique and now I'm on provera to induce a period and estrogen patches. I hope that my lining will grow enough in this cycle, but we'll see.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Myra Buenaluz)
This is my 5th nurse coordinator since I've been seeing Dr. F. I started seeing him in April. I would appreciate less turnover, although there hasn't been a lapse in communication.
Having been pregnant and having multiple miscarriages and scheduled d&c's, I've had my fair share of blood draws. I've never been to anywhere that has had more painful blood draws and missed my veins multiple times as the phlebotomists here. They are very nice, just very painful or they have to readjust the needle multiple times (the most was 7-8 times in one sitting). I'd appreciate less turnover in my IVF coordinator, as that would help me to feel more comfortable with the clinic. Other than that, Doctor F is very good and I trust him with what is happening.
$3,815K for one IVF cycle with insurance and $1K per egg for genetic testing (since I had 3 or less) plus an additional $1,500 for cryoperservation. So in total, around $8,315.
Since I have a smaller uterus, I can only hold one baby safely. Therefore, the only decision for me was to transfer a single embryo.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Dr. Frattarelli is a great doctor but is busy. He did my 2 initial consultations but we never saw him again. Each appointment thereafter we saw different doctors and nurses and nobody knew our file.... He suggested single embryo due to my age. I would like multiple embryo transfer.... Clomid, HCG trigger injection and IUI. Pending IVF... Husband was sent back to a room for collection which was right next to the nurses station and bathroom. Names were called out like herding sheep and no information or explanation from doctors.
[ARMG is a] Newer facility but very busy. Nurses stations were in the halls. So, seemed a bit cold and unprofessional. More like a job and process. I had to ask questions to find out next steps and had to re-explain my history and background every appointment because we never knew who we would see. Very hard to get anyone on the phone.... I believe this may be a teaching clinic. So, there were SO MANY people working but nobody tending to patients
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Ask questions. Be vocal. Do your research and come prepared
Dr. Harmon did my US and IUI and didn't remember that she had seen me previously. Husband was sent back to a room for collection which was right next to the nurses station and bathroom. Names were called out like herding sheep and no information or explanation from doctors.
Clomid, HCG trigger injection and IUI. Pending IVF
Friendly and good bedside manner. Busy and on the go. I believe this may be a teaching clinic. So, there were SO MANY people working but nobody tending to patients
$400
I asked questions about this. He suggested single embryo due to my age. I would like multiple embryo transfer.
1. I was not told before my IUI that I would need to start Clomid on Cycle Day 3 and have an US. So, I was traveling when AF arrived. Please note, I asked specifically for the timeline and steps,l and was just told to call when AF starts and the nurse will schedule my IUI. 2. Had clinic call in Clomid prescription to where I was traveling and they forgot. Ended up at the pharmacy in a sketchy area at 11pm. 3. Dr. Frattereli assigned me an IVF nurse but I was starting with IUI. She couldn't help me. So back to square 1 while they hunted down someone who could. 4. Flew over for US and told to trigger the next night without being shown how to inject. Hubby due to fly in the next night as well. Got a call that afternoon to inject and pushed the IUI for 1st thing in the morning. Hubby had to fly over quickly and change his flight. They should've ordered the blood test stat since they knew our flight schedules. 5. IUI day - no prep talk. 3 people walked in... someone (never met her before) did the IUI and they walked out. Apparently someone turned on a timer which I figured was for me to lay there. I did my own research to know that's what happens next. No instructions or recap. 6. No follow up after my procedure. I called when AF came and scheduled the next appointment.
Kailua Medical Arts

Dr Fratterelli is kind, patient, and thorough. He takes the time to make sure he has answered all of your questions and concerns. He has been open with us and has adjusted our course of treatment as needed including any/all pre-treatment testing/procedures. I feel very comfortable and safe under the treatment of Dr. Fratterelli.... During our first IVF cycle, we used Follistom and Menopur during the stimulation cycle. Doctor was able to retrieve 23 eggs, 19 were mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI and we obtained three blastocyst embryos.
Everyone I have encountered in this clinic [ARMG- HI] has been extremely pleasant and helpful. The staff is warm and compassionate and will try their best to help you feel comfortable or answer any questions that you may have. The clinic itself is beautiful, bright, clean, and inviting.... Insurance covered partial payment for our first IVF cycle. Out of pocket expenses were approximately $12,000 for the initial cycle and the second FET.
European, Latino, Native American, Other
I have referred friends to Dr. Frattarelli and I tell them to just go in to this process with an open and positive mindset. They are in great hands.
Dr Fratterelli is patient, kind, and thorough in answering all of mine and my husband’s questions.
This is to the best of my recollection. During our first IVF cycle, we used Follistom and Menopur during the stimulation cycle. Doctor was able to retrieve 23 eggs, 19 were mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI and we obtained three blastocyst embryos. We did two FET cycles, one with two embryos and one with one embryo. Both FETs resulted in miscarriage. We are currently in our second IVF cycle. This time we used Gonal-F and double the amount of Menopur. We also used HGH and testosterone this round. Prior to this cycle I prepped for months with DHEA supplements to hopefully improve egg quality. We did a hysteroscopy and a Hysterosalpingogram to check my Fallopian tubes. Both tests came back normal. We did an ERA biopsy and discovered I need an extra twelve hours of progesterone prior to the transfer. This cycle we got 19 eggs, 16 of which we’re mature, 12 fertilized with ICSI. We got three day 6 blastocyst embryos and opted to the PGS testing this time. We have one chromosomally normal embryo which will be transferred as a FET on April 17, tentatively.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Aisling Globig)
Aisling is the best! She is always available by email or phone for any questions or concerns I have, no matter how minute they are. Aisling has been my assigned nurse/coordinator from the beginning of our journey and knows me and my case very well.
Everyone I have encountered in this clinic has been extremely pleasant and helpful. The staff is warm and compassionate and will try their best to help you feel comfortable or answer any questions that you may have. The clinic itself is beautiful, bright, clean, and inviting.
Insurance covered partial payment for our first IVF cycle. Out of pocket expenses were approximately $12,000 for the initial cycle and the second FET. Our second IVF cycle was not covered by insurance at all and out of pocket expenses have been approximately $23,000 including medications and travel expenses due to Dr. Frattarelli being on a different island, which is also why I would be unable to schedule a same day appointment unless absolutely necessary.
My doctor was very clear about his approach of transferring no more than two embryos at a time. Dr. Frattarelli explained the health risks to both the mother and the babies if more are transferred, as the embryos still have the potential to split once transferred.
Kailua Medical Arts

Dr Frattarelli is really great at explaining the process and going over your plan for treatments. He is compassionate & very patient with questions galore that I threw out at him during our first meeting. I’m very comfortable being under his care with my infertility issues & woupdnt think of going anywhere else... My initial consult was to discuss my health, my husband’s health, treatment plans & options. We did a saline ultrasound of my uterus to check for any issues with my uterus. Next, I was put on injectable medications for ovulation stimulation on day 3 of my menstrual cycle.
There is nothing bad I can say about Fertility Institute if Hawaii. Everyone from front desk to billing to the PA’s, nurses & doctors have been extremely helpful, informative, compassionate, understanding & everything else one could look for when seeking fertility treatments... My Tricare copays for medications came out to $24. I believe each visit was about $30?... Tricia & Anna have both been very compassionate & informative with every visit along with the medical assistants/nurses/staff. All very friendly & comforting during my process of trying for a successful pregnancy.
Expect amazing care from this provider
Dr Fraterelli personally sits down with you to go over your plan. He’s very aware of lab results, cycles, etc. I also deal with his P.A’s & every time one walks into the exam room, it’s again a very personal exam with great bedside manner especially with starting new cycles. I’m assured that it’s ok that the last treatment didn’t turn into a positive pregnancy & that we can make a few changes to the last plan to see if that will work
My initial consult was to discuss my health, my husband’s health, treatment plans & options. We did a saline ultrasound of my uterus to check for any issues with my uterus. Next, I was put on injectable medications for ovulation stimulation on day 3 of my menstrual cycle. While on this medication, I went in for blood work & transvaginal ultrasounds to check the function of my ovaries & recrutment/size of follicles with instructions of timed intercourse. I went through about 5 rounds & moved into intrauterine insemination afterwards.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tricia Wahl & Anna DeGolier)
I have not been given this option yet

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
As we progressed with the IVF treatment, Dr. [Frattarelli] was more open and warm. I then startesd to trust him more and our treatment plan. He always asked if we had questions and was willing to explain in depth if need be. I never felt like my appts were rushed with him.... Since our first IVF cycle only produced one mature follicle, we did an IUI instead to save our IVF benefit for the next cycle. The IUI was unsuccessful so we proceeded to another round of IVF (menopur and follistim injections) but Dr. Fratarelli added Androderm patches for 5 days and then Femara for 5 days .
Amy, Rachel and Taylor were very open and available 24/7. Especially since we live on another island, their organization and coordination was optimal. They always were encouraging and honest. I am very grateful for them.... The office [ARMG- HI] is very busy. It may seem like you are just a number but you arent. They are very caring and open. The only problem I had was when making my flight arrangements. My insurance had to call the office and verify my appt. Often my insurance would claim they werent able to get thru to verify the appt.
East Asian, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
As we progressed with the IVF treatment, Dr. was more open and warm. I then startesd to trust him more and our treatment plan. He always asked if we had questions and was willing to explain in depth if need be. I never felt like my appts were rushed with him.
Trust in his expertise and dont be afraid to ask questions, no question is ever too small or embarassing.
The first couple MD visits that we tried to get pregnant with just pills, the office didnt really follow up or call to see how I was doing. Once we moved forward to try IUI and IVF, we were assigned a nurse and thats when it seemed that they cared. Im guessing they wanted to make sure we were serious
Since our first IVF cycle only produced one mature follicle, we did an IUI instead to save our IVF benefit for the next cycle. The IUI was unsuccessful so we proceeded to another round of IVF (menopur and follistim injections) but Dr. Fratarelli added Androderm patches for 5 days and then Femara for 5 days . That yielded 6 maturing follicles. Our egg retrieval was 8 total, 6 of them were mature enough to fertilize and of those 3 became embryos for transplant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Amy, Rachel and Taylor)
Amy, Rachel and Taylor were very open and available 24/7. Especially since we live on another island, their organization and coordination was optimal. They always were encouraging and honest. I am very grateful for them. I also am so impressed with Zoe, their phelbotomist? She always was cheerful and positive. It kept my spirits high
The office is very busy. It may seem like you are just a number but you arent. They are very caring and open. The only problem I had was when making my flight arrangements. My insurance had to call the office and verify my appt. Often my insurance would claim they werent able to get thru to verify the appt. So I would have to ask my nurse to call them. I think there should be a dedicated line or person for the insurance companies to call so that flight arrangements dont get delayed
Our copay 4,000

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Karmon] is very professional and as you work with her more you’ll see that she is a very warm person...After a few failed rounds of clomid with my regular OB, we tried two IUIs, then at Dr. Karmon’s recommendation, we went straight for IVF. She felt we should do IVF not only from a cost standpoint but because I was a good candidate for it to be successful...At our request, Dr. Karmon let us put in two frozen embryos for the first transfer which resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth of our son. For the second round, I discussed the risks with her and we decided on one which has resulted in a positive pregnancy with a baby girl due in June.
Around $11,500 for everything [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] - PGS, IVF, drs visits, meds, etc...They are very busy! But the staff is great. They do have locations around the island so sometimes scheduling can be difficult if you only have certain times/days and your dr is at other clinic locations on certain days. They are pretty good about being on time for your appointments, parking is validated and basically everything can be done in office.
European, East Asian
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Karmon was was very direct and clear in her communication. We saw her at almost every appointment and she was a great match for us. She took the time to look into all options and was very straightforward in letting us know her opinions on how she thought we should proceed. We saw her for two successful pregnancies and have recommended her to other friends going through infertility.
Be very clear in what you want and be willing to trust her professional opinion. She is very professional and as you work with her more you’ll see that she is a very warm person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Taylor )
First care coordinator, Aisling was very knowledgeable, however she has since left the practice. Taylor was good but seemed like she was new and had to ask Dr. Karmon for answers before she could get back to us on a lot of things.
Around $11,500 for everything - PGS, IVF, drs visits, meds, etc
8 IVF, 8 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr. Anatte Karmon] suggested to have both (Last!) good embryos transferred so we could have higher chances...but we decided to have one other chance, considering we only had two...she's very thorough. clear, still friendly and professional. great doctor...She's the only one that saw at 44 of age a chance to find new explanations on why things were not working like nobody before even thought, and boom! we have now a pretty little baby girl. Some is being persistent, financial wise or helped, courageous, strong and focussed, some luck helps too, but you need for sure a great doctor, and that's Dr.Karmon
We only had a problem with a lab [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] that came back negative and ended up being positive. On the third preg.test. I guess that was meant to be, machines fail and it could always happen...Jae Lee [nurse] is the greatest of all, but the whole team works peacefully, professionally and in complete harmony. Despite the stress, challenges and complications, there's Aloha Spirit all over. Clinic Errors
8 IVF, 8 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
After 7 years trying to get a baby, three clinics, two countries, we were lucky enough to find Dr.Karmon. She was the only one in that long period of time, that saw the whole picture, was clear, realistic still with hope and candid manners. She's the only one that saw at 44 of age a chance to find new explanations on why things were not working like nobody before even thought, and boom! we have now a pretty little baby girl. Some is being persistent, financial wise or helped, courageous, strong and focussed, some luck helps too, but you need for sure a great doctor, and that's Dr.Karmon
She'll go over the whole thing, very detail oriented and would honestly and softly suggest options and give her wise advice. I'd say take it. It worked for us!
she's very thorough. clear, still friendly and professional. great doctor
After many cycles, egg retrievals, fertilizations, pgd's etc etc we did with her only one more egg retrieval (we've had 3 frozen embryos tested at that time, but after way too many loses we wanted to be on the most possible safer side). It did not work and it was us suggesting no more retrievals and the next step accepted, offered before hand by Dr Karmon to study for possible polyps (one was there and was minimally invasively removed) and the great ERA study, to find out the need of extra or less hormones to be able con conceive in a fake cycle as far as I can explain it non-medically. Both things prepared the uterus and we were able to get pregnant. By month 3 you definitely need as well a good obgyn, specially if you are on the "considered" risk age for pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae Lee (IVF coordinator))
Jae Lee is the greatest of all, but the whole team works peacefully, professionally and in complete harmony. Despite the stress, challenges and complications, there's Aloha Spirit all over.
We only had a problem with a lab that came back negative and ended up being positive. On the third preg.test. I guess that was meant to be, machines fail and it could always happen. It helped us to show endurance and it ended up being something minor and accidental. The clinic has all strengths you can imagine and I cannot think on weaknesses. Dr.Karmon had a baby when we were taken care of, so Dr.Fratarelli took care of us once or twice. Although we've seen him only a couple of times just being sited at the waiting area, he was fully aware of our situation and medical procedures...meaning coordination is great as well.
have no idea and probably at this point that's a good thing
The doctor suggested to have both (Last!) good embryos transferred so we could have higher chances...but we decided to have one other chance, considering we only had two. Now we have a healthy baby and a silver bullet on another pgd tested embryo for a last attempt to have another baby (hopefully soon)
I've told that before, it was just a frustration that lasted 48 hs after our third pregnancy test that apparently came back negative. And then we had a phone call the next day to go and repeat the test, because it seemed the machine have had a mistake or wrong information and they wanted to make sure.
Kailua Medical Arts

The nursing staffs [Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology] were just as awesome as DR john. they are all very helpful and so kind. they as well answers all your questions and concerns.... nothing for weakness because my experience was awesome with all the staffs. they always make sure you feel welcomed once you enter the clinic and on your way out. the clinic is very neat tidy and clean. lots of bathrooms which is awesome. they are fast and efficient.
DR JOHN Frattarelli is a well educated man that always welcomes you with a smile. when I first went to the clinic and was waiting in the waiting area he was passing by and unlike every other doctor where they just walk by makes eye contact and ignores you. DR frattarelli did just the complete opposite, he greeted me with a hello and a smile as he was just passing through the waiting room which made me feel extra comfortable and welcomed. as I got called to the back to meet him for the first time he again greeted me told me who he was even though I already knew who he was :) he went through my chart explained everything I had to do and the medications that I would be starting and when to start taking them as well as the side effects. he has answered all my questions and concerns before we departed. all around DR john frattarelli is awesome, despite the negative reviews I came across before going to his clinic that still did not stop me from going and I am so happy I did decide to go ahead a go with his clinic because him and his staffs has been nothing but good to me. thank you DR john frattarelli for all that you do for us women.
you wont regret it!
human because DR JOHN first of all is amazing. HE's a well educated man. he had answered all my questions and concerns. he welcomes you with a smile and asks how are you today, or how is your day going. he always listens and never turns you away. he's amazing and has an amazing staff as well. I wish my wife and I didn't have to put our fertility journey on hold because of the expense. but as for right now we are just praying and wishing we could go back soon and finally have a little blessing or blessings of our own. as for right now we are amazingly blessed that we have each other.
I was getting treated for a IUI cycle. DR john wanted to do a mock cycle first to see how well ill respond with the medications such as clomid which was used to help me to ovulate and metformin which I had to take due to having PCOS. the mock cycle went very well my body was responding well to the medications and everything looked great which is what exactly doctor said. so he told me it was time to search for a donor for my next cycle the actual one where we would go ahead and do the IUI. unfortunately I did my next cycle with a different doctor. but over all my experience was great with DR JOHN FRATTARELLI!
The nursing staffs were just as awesome as DR john. they are all very helpful and so kind. they as well answers all your questions and concerns.
for test and blood work it roughly came out to $700 something the donor was around $1000.00 and medications around $120-$150
Kailua Medical Arts

Very professional, but almost too professional. Dr. F [Dr. Frattarelli] clearly knows what he is doing and instills a sense of confidence - I felt confident he was doing the most he could to help us conceive. However, he does not have the personal bedside manner some other doctors have. One downside was that sometimes the sessions with Dr. F were fairly short so sometimes we would have to ask questions in order to get information we felt was important to us.
The amount of staff available and the organization means the whole operation [Advanced Repro Med] is very smooth and wait times are usually small. Overall its a very professional clinic. That is both its strength and its weakness. I would recommend it for people who really want to conceive as fast and safely as possible. Maybe not so much for someone who wants the care providers to also be a shoulder to cry on/take a more personal approach.
Very professional, but almost too professional. Dr. F clearly knows what he is doing and instills a sense of confidence - I felt confident he was doing the most he could to help us conceive. However, he does not have the personal bedside manner some other doctors have. One downside was that sometimes the sessions with Dr. F were fairly short so sometimes we would have to ask questions in order to get information we felt was important to us.
Expect a very professional medical experience - don't expect the Dr. F to be your best friend and counselor.
Progesterone shots to stimulate egg growth before retrieval; estrogen pills and patch prior to embryo transfer to promote uterus lining growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Laine, Lisa, Myra)
the nursing staff were always attentive and organized. The only downside was that after being assigned a nurse coordinator, we were then assigned a new one after a couple of weeks, and then another one a couple of weeks later. IT would have been nice to keep the same nurse coordinator throughout the process.
The amount of staff available and the organization means the whole operation is very smooth and wait times are usually small. Overall its a very professional clinic. That is both its strength and its weakness. I would recommend it for people who really want to conceive as fast and safely as possible. Maybe not so much for someone who wants the care providers to also be a shoulder to cry on/take a more personal approach.
IVF cycle cost $3,800 after insurance payment, genetic testing cost $1,000 for one embryo, and initial cryo preservation cost $1,500
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I wished he [Dr. Frattarelli] showed a little more compassion given that this was my first round...has a state of the art office and all the frills but if you are looking for a doctor that is warm and fuzzy, he is not the one...He immediately recommended that I go with donor eggs and that was pretty much the end of the conversation bc I am not ready to move to that option...answered all of my questions prior to starting my treatment however, he is not the warmest so I never felt like I truly connected with him.
While the office [Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] was always busy and there was always many patients waiting in the waiting area, the staff was very friendly and knew me by name...My favorite PA was Tricia who was always so thorough and had great bedside manner...Anna [nurse] did my 2nd IUI and I was not impressed. That round my husband has some kind of infection and they had to wash his sperm a second time which made the count less than 1 million.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Frattarelli answered all of my questions prior to starting my treatment however, he is not the warmest so I never felt like I truly connected with him. Before I started my IVF treatment he found a mass in my uterus so we did a hysteroscopy to remove what turned out to be a polyp to insure that I had the best chance at success. What did bother me is when the IVF treatment failed and I went in for my "discuss options" meeting with him. As you can imagine I was in a devastated and defeated state of mind. When I asked him what happened and why did the treatment not work, he immediately defaulted to my age (42) and the fact that I had endometriosis. The funny thing is that I never really knew that I had endometriosis and all of a sudden that was in my charts. I asked why he couldn't have done the surgery to remove the endometriosis prior to starting my IVF treatment and he said to me "I don't do that." No explanation, nothing. He immediately recommended that I go with donor eggs and that was pretty much the end of the conversation bc I am not ready to move to that option. I wished he showed a little more compassion given that this was my first round.
Do you due diligence and shop around. Dr. Frattarelli has a state of the art office and all the frills but if you are looking for a doctor that is warm and fuzzy, he is not the one.
While the office was always busy and there was always many patients waiting in the waiting area, the staff was very friendly and knew me by name. I liked coming to the office because I always felt hope that Dr. Frattarelli and his team would be able to help me. My favorite PA was Tricia who was always so thorough and had great bedside manner.
Antagonist protocol 450/225 Gonal F Menopur Dexamethasone Estradiol Progesterone Produced 3 eggs, two of which produced embryos (7C and 6C cells), both were implanted, failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tricia, Ainsling, Anna)
Ainsling was my IVF Coordinator and she was very organized and had great follow through. I wouldn't say she was the most compassionate especially when she delivered the news that my IVF failed. Tricia was the PA that did 2 out of 3 of my IUIs. She is AMAZING! Friendly, thorough, and caring. I wish she was my nurse for all treatments. Anna did my 2nd IUI and I was not impressed. That round my husband has some kind of infection and they had to wash his sperm a second time which made the count less than 1 million. We had been told that normally they would like to see the sperm count to be over 4 million. Because the number was so low, I actually stopped Anna right before she did my procedure and asked her "Should we even do this today?" and she said "Well, it is a better chance than regular sex." She didn't even give us time to consult or discuss and proceeded with the IUI which failed. I asked the receptionist that going forward, I never wanted to be under her care. I did not feel like she cared about my well being and was just doing the procedures as it was her job duty.
Strengths - state of the art office, fancy collateral (ice bags for meds), friendly staff. Weaknesses - when you call, it is hard to get through on your first try, doctor and some of the nurse staff did not feel warm, always crowded so it does seem a little like they are herding cattle.
Insurance covered a round but I still had to pay for the co-pay and medication. I believe it was around $6,000 that I had to pay for IVF. For IUI it was approx $400 for the first round and $1,000 each round for the next two rounds.
I was supposed to start my treatment on a certain date but I could not because the date of my hysteroscopy was miscalculated so it extended out the day I could start my IVF. That was frustrating because I was all set to start and had to wait a few more weeks.
Kailua Medical Arts

Dr. Frattarelli made our experience positive. He explained everything and answered all questions we had. Like all things with unexplained infertility there will always be unknowns, he never made us feel like a lost cause but was open about known statistics of success. I found him to be trustworthy and kind. I was comfortable with him through our whole journey...He is an up front physician and takes a few minutes to warm up but this does not mean he doesn’t care. He is an amazing clinician and hopes for success of all.
The costs were around what I had researched online [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii]. They were upfront with the costs during consultation and also discussed the cost of the medications. All were as expected...Very responsive, communicate well always friendly, clinic environment is warm and inviting. Lots of natural light in lobby. My husband was comfortable there too. If you have questions ask, be honest and open. If they ever don’t have the answer, they will find someone who does. Love it there!
Dr Frattarelli is kind, knowledgeable and straightforward. He didn’t talk down but spoke in terms I could understand. Though he is incredibly busy, he never made us feel like he was hurried.
Everyone in the clinic was Amazing from care coordination, to lab, to nurses, to front desk and billing. All around fantastic. They were always so busy there but they always made you feel like they were taking time for you.
The costs were around what I had researched online. They were upfront with the costs during consultation and also discussed the cost of the medications. All were as expected.
Dr. Frattarelli presented all the facts, success statistics, clinical experiences and risks of both single or two embryo transfer. I knew the safest option was a single transfer. He was amazing at answering questions and open to discussion. At the end, It really ended up being a decision made by my husband and I with his inputs.