1401 South Beretania St
808.262.0544
407 Uluniu Street
Kailua, HI 96734
808.262.0544

Dr. Frattarelli is a great doctor but is busy. He did my 2 initial consultations but we never saw him again. Each appointment thereafter we saw different doctors and nurses and nobody knew our file.... He suggested single embryo due to my age. I would like multiple embryo transfer.... Clomid, HCG trigger injection and IUI. Pending IVF... Husband was sent back to a room for collection which was right next to the nurses station and bathroom. Names were called out like herding sheep and no information or explanation from doctors.
[ARMG is a] Newer facility but very busy. Nurses stations were in the halls. So, seemed a bit cold and unprofessional. More like a job and process. I had to ask questions to find out next steps and had to re-explain my history and background every appointment because we never knew who we would see. Very hard to get anyone on the phone.... I believe this may be a teaching clinic. So, there were SO MANY people working but nobody tending to patients
How was your experience with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Ask questions. Be vocal. Do your research and come prepared
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Dr. Harmon did my US and IUI and didn't remember that she had seen me previously. Husband was sent back to a room for collection which was right next to the nurses station and bathroom. Names were called out like herding sheep and no information or explanation from doctors.
Describe the protocols John Frattarelli used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
Clomid, HCG trigger injection and IUI. Pending IVF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Friendly and good bedside manner. Busy and on the go. I believe this may be a teaching clinic. So, there were SO MANY people working but nobody tending to patients
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
$400
Describe John Frattarelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
I asked questions about this. He suggested single embryo due to my age. I would like multiple embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
1. I was not told before my IUI that I would need to start Clomid on Cycle Day 3 and have an US. So, I was traveling when AF arrived. Please note, I asked specifically for the timeline and steps,l and was just told to call when AF starts and the nurse will schedule my IUI. 2. Had clinic call in Clomid prescription to where I was traveling and they forgot. Ended up at the pharmacy in a sketchy area at 11pm. 3. Dr. Frattereli assigned me an IVF nurse but I was starting with IUI. She couldn't help me. So back to square 1 while they hunted down someone who could. 4. Flew over for US and told to trigger the next night without being shown how to inject. Hubby due to fly in the next night as well. Got a call that afternoon to inject and pushed the IUI for 1st thing in the morning. Hubby had to fly over quickly and change his flight. They should've ordered the blood test stat since they knew our flight schedules. 5. IUI day - no prep talk. 3 people walked in... someone (never met her before) did the IUI and they walked out. Apparently someone turned on a timer which I figured was for me to lay there. I did my own research to know that's what happens next. No instructions or recap. 6. No follow up after my procedure. I called when AF came and scheduled the next appointment.

Treated 2016 - 2017
I wished he [Dr. Frattarelli] showed a little more compassion given that this was my first round...has a state of the art office and all the frills but if you are looking for a doctor that is warm and fuzzy, he is not the one...He immediately recommended that I go with donor eggs and that was pretty much the end of the conversation bc I am not ready to move to that option...answered all of my questions prior to starting my treatment however, he is not the warmest so I never felt like I truly connected with him.
While the office [Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] was always busy and there was always many patients waiting in the waiting area, the staff was very friendly and knew me by name...My favorite PA was Tricia who was always so thorough and had great bedside manner...Anna [nurse] did my 2nd IUI and I was not impressed. That round my husband has some kind of infection and they had to wash his sperm a second time which made the count less than 1 million.
Dr. Frattarelli answered all of my questions prior to starting my treatment however, he is not the warmest so I never felt like I truly connected with him. Before I started my IVF treatment he found a mass in my uterus so we did a hysteroscopy to remove what turned out to be a polyp to insure that I had the best chance at success. What did bother me is when the IVF treatment failed and I went in for my "discuss options" meeting with him. As you can imagine I was in a devastated and defeated state of mind. When I asked him what happened and why did the treatment not work, he immediately defaulted to my age (42) and the fact that I had endometriosis. The funny thing is that I never really knew that I had endometriosis and all of a sudden that was in my charts. I asked why he couldn't have done the surgery to remove the endometriosis prior to starting my IVF treatment and he said to me "I don't do that." No explanation, nothing. He immediately recommended that I go with donor eggs and that was pretty much the end of the conversation bc I am not ready to move to that option. I wished he showed a little more compassion given that this was my first round.
Do you due diligence and shop around. Dr. Frattarelli has a state of the art office and all the frills but if you are looking for a doctor that is warm and fuzzy, he is not the one.
While the office was always busy and there was always many patients waiting in the waiting area, the staff was very friendly and knew me by name. I liked coming to the office because I always felt hope that Dr. Frattarelli and his team would be able to help me. My favorite PA was Tricia who was always so thorough and had great bedside manner.
Antagonist protocol 450/225 Gonal F Menopur Dexamethasone Estradiol Progesterone Produced 3 eggs, two of which produced embryos (7C and 6C cells), both were implanted, failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tricia, Ainsling, Anna)
Ainsling was my IVF Coordinator and she was very organized and had great follow through. I wouldn't say she was the most compassionate especially when she delivered the news that my IVF failed. Tricia was the PA that did 2 out of 3 of my IUIs. She is AMAZING! Friendly, thorough, and caring. I wish she was my nurse for all treatments. Anna did my 2nd IUI and I was not impressed. That round my husband has some kind of infection and they had to wash his sperm a second time which made the count less than 1 million. We had been told that normally they would like to see the sperm count to be over 4 million. Because the number was so low, I actually stopped Anna right before she did my procedure and asked her "Should we even do this today?" and she said "Well, it is a better chance than regular sex." She didn't even give us time to consult or discuss and proceeded with the IUI which failed. I asked the receptionist that going forward, I never wanted to be under her care. I did not feel like she cared about my well being and was just doing the procedures as it was her job duty.
Strengths - state of the art office, fancy collateral (ice bags for meds), friendly staff. Weaknesses - when you call, it is hard to get through on your first try, doctor and some of the nurse staff did not feel warm, always crowded so it does seem a little like they are herding cattle.
Insurance covered a round but I still had to pay for the co-pay and medication. I believe it was around $6,000 that I had to pay for IVF. For IUI it was approx $400 for the first round and $1,000 each round for the next two rounds.
I was supposed to start my treatment on a certain date but I could not because the date of my hysteroscopy was miscalculated so it extended out the day I could start my IVF. That was frustrating because I was all set to start and had to wait a few more weeks.
Treated 2015
He [Dr. Frattarelli] took the time to explain procedures and course of action but because of being so busy, most time nurse practitioner took over cases....He looks at all courses of action and what is the best treatment
The nurse practitioner [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] that I was assigned to did not take the time to really work with me. There were no follow ups with the procedures, no communications whatsoever...Felt like a number and not like a patient. Very robotic, if you don't fit in their mold of a healthy patient they make you feel unwanted.
He took the time to explain procedures and course of action but because of being so busy, most time nurse practitioner took over cases.
He looks at all courses of action and what is the best treatment
The nurse practitioner that I was assigned to did not take the time to really work with me. There were no follow ups with the procedures, no communications whatsoever
Very welcoming and organized
There were no follow up with patient due to what needed to be done. Felt like a number and not like a patient. Very robotic, if you don't fit in their mold of a healthy patient they make you feel unwanted.
Honolulu

I was doing an IUI while on vacation which was unusual for them but they treated me like they would any other patient -- with care.... I wasn't assigned a doctor as we were just doing an IUI. But as a whole it was a good experience with everyone we came into contact with. I'm not sure the name of the person who performed the IUI; she was kind and informative.
This clinic [Advanced Reproductive Med and Gynecology of HI] was willing to work with my clinic back home to make my IUI happen while on vacation. It was pretty simple as all of my monitoring was done at my home clinic. They were happy to help and took good care of me.... approx. $230 for an IUI with sperm washing (not including monitoring)... I was doing an IUI while on vacation which was unusual for them but they treated me like they would any other patient -- with care.
How was your experience with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
No advice. As always, do your research first and pick a doctor that you feel will listen to you and will support you best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Describe the protocols Anatte Karmon used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
This was an IUI cycle with monitoring, clomid and trigger shot.
The nurses were kind, gentle and on top of things.
This clinic was willing to work with my clinic back home to make my IUI happen while on vacation. It was pretty simple as all of my monitoring was done at my home clinic. They were happy to help and took good care of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
approx. $230 for an IUI with sperm washing (not including monitoring)
Anatte Karmon