1401 South Beretania St
407 Uluniu Street
Kailua, HI 96734
808.262.0544

Treated 2019 - 2020
[Dr. John Frattarelli is] A very warm, understanding doctor, he was very informative and quick to reply to a late night phone call to reassure me of my questions or concerns and never made me feel bad for calling. Always smiling throughout the office and keeping a great atmosphere throughout the clinic...I started off with unexplained infertility after trying for 4 years with no pregnancy. Right before starting clomid found out I was naturally pregnant but found out 7 weeks in that it wasn’t viable so had a d&c by my choice. Did clomid next with ti, that didn’t work. Iui with injections and had an ectopic. Did a bunch of blood tests over a week or so then got the shot to eliminate it. Took a few months off to restore body then came back to do iui with folistim and had a chemical pregnancy. Was about to do ivf but got stalled for covid19 under their recommendation during this time. Hoping to start in next month or so.
Everyone there [Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii] is great. Super friendly and informative. After going there for over a year everyone pretty much recognizes me and is rooting me my next step whatever it may be. Carissa has been very good about communication through the beginning steps of ivf and I am still feeling very positive about everything although we have taken a little break.
How was your experience with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Have a consultation to figure out what your path may be and trust your doctor no matter what happens in the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Warm care
Describe the protocols John Frattarelli used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Carissa)
Everyone there is great. Super friendly and informative. After going there for over a year everyone pretty much recognizes me and is rooting me my next step whatever it may be. Carissa has been very good about communication through the beginning steps of ivf and I am still feeling very positive about everything although we have taken a little break.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Be on time for your appointments. Stay positive throughout the process and make decisions you are 100% about. Ask any and all questions so you always feel confident with your decision. Have a friend, spouse or someone you can talk to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Cost in beginning was great bc I had tricare only and they covered everything. Picked up hmsa as my primary just in case I decided to do ivf and a lot of things were out of pocket which was expensive. Now I am going to start ivf which is covered more by hmsa so it is worth it.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
We had discussed starting injections for next cycle but it wasn’t ordered in time so I did clomid instead. It’s ok though, I’m not upset about it.

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Frattarelli is kind and caring. He doesn't sugarcoat the limitations of fertility treatment or give you false hope. ... Before we knew that my we needed a sperm donor, my partner was put on clomid ... Once we found out why there was no sperm, we moved on to a sperm donor and began IUI treatments. ... I have since had a total of four medicated IUIs, none of these resulted in pregnancy. ...
The doctors, nurses and staff [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii] are caring and take the time to make sure you understand what is happening. They know my name when I visit and they remember me from visit to visit. ... The nursing staff is really great--kind and warm. The only issue I had was that when a nurse calls me sometimes they don't seem to have all the information needed. I did talk to the Doctor about that, and it hasn't come up in a long time.
Dr. Frattarelli is kind and caring. He doesn't sugarcoat the limitations of fertility treatment or give you false hope. But he is positive and you can tell he really wants you to succeed. He seems to be very thoughtful about his approach.
Make a list of questions before you're appointments so that you don't forget to ask while you are being seen by the doctor.
The doctors, nurses and staff are caring and take the time to make sure you understand what is happening. They know my name when I visit and they remember me from visit to visit.
Before we knew that my we needed a sperm donor, my partner was put on clomid (which was terrible for him). That didn't work. Once we found out why there was no sperm, we moved on to a sperm donor and began IUI treatments. Our first IUI, I was given clomid, which didn't support my lining, but we proceeded with that IUI attempt, which did not result in pregnancy. Following that I was given femara, and lining wasn't an issue. I have since had a total of four medicated IUIs, none of these resulted in pregnancy. I have also been through one IVF, which resulted in one high quality embryo (PGS tested, there were two other that were rated good, but when tested, showed chromosomal abnormalities). The IVF did not result in pregnancy. I'm now beginning another IVF cycle, which will probably be my last attempt because of finances.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
The clinic is really beautiful and clean. The entryway feels like a spa. The receptionists are really nice and always greet me by name. The phlebotomist is also really kind and makes getting your blood drawn a little more bearable. They offer parking validation.
With insurance coverage and PGS testing, and IVF cycle cost about $10,000. We received a small refund because we only ended up needing to test three embryos rather than the anticipated five.
Describe John Frattarelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
We only had one PGS normal embryo, so we only had the option to transfer one.

Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Frattarelli] offered us participation in an IVF drug study trial, so the protocol was very structured. He did explain to us that this study would not allow him to adjust the medication as he would like, but would provide us an “extra shot” that we could learn from if we needed to go through another cycle. He offered us many options that we could try (iui, clomid, traditional IVF etc since this is our first fertility treatment) but we felt confident that we had made the right choice.
100% of our IVF fees were covered by the drug trial [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii]. Initial consult fees, testing costs and other procedures (hysteroscopy) were as expected. They allowed us to do our blood work and ultrasounds at other clinics to avoid costs if we wanted...Their office is buzzing with tons of staff to keep the flow of patients moving. The wait time was always incredibly minimal and the facility is spacious, organized and efficient. The check in staff knew me by name and I always had positive interactions with all of the team members. The clinic is convenient, offers validated parking and is discreet.
I had done a lot of research prior to our initial consultation. He answered every question I had with care and energy. We always left feeling hopeful and reassured that we were in good hands. He performed all of our treatments and explained what was happening at every turn. I would definitely recommend him!
Do your research and know what options are available to you before arrival so that you can allow him to provide his knowledge on the treatments.
From the very start, our doctor made us feel important. He made both my husband and I feel like neither of us were “the reason” we hadn’t been able to get pregnant. He offered us info and let us choose the path that fit our needs.
Our doctor offered us participation in an IVF drug study trial, so the protocol was very structured. He did explain to us that this study would not allow him to adjust the medication as he would like, but would provide us an “extra shot” that we could learn from if we needed to go through another cycle. He offered us many options that we could try (iui, clomid, traditional IVF etc since this is our first fertility treatment) but we felt confident that we had made the right choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Silivia, Tamara, Myra)
My husband is a doctor himself and he was thoroughly impressed with the efficiency of this clinic. My MANY MANY emails were always responded to promptly and with care. They took the time to ease my mind and make sure I understood all of the info I was provided. They have been great!
100% of our IVF fees were covered by the drug trial. Initial consult fees, testing costs and other procedures (hysteroscopy) were as expected. They allowed us to do our blood work and ultrasounds at other clinics to avoid costs if we wanted.
IN the drug study, we were required to only transfer one embryo n a fresh transfer.

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr.Frattarelli cares for his patients and it really shows. He has a calming, kind demeanor and makes you feel at ease about a very stressful situation (IVF). We never felt rushed like we were just another number and he took his time to explain things in detail, although i'm sure he has a million other tasks or things to take care of...I felt he was always honest with us and didn't sugarcoat anything. He actually remembers his patients when they come in and knows their fertility history.
All of the medications and calendar [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] were organized and easy to follow making it with one less thing to worry about. If I had a questions via email, she [nurse] always got back to me very promptly. You could tell she enjoys what she does and it shows through her patient care...Everyone we interacted with was very kind and you would see lots of smiling faces from the staff.
Dr.Frattarelli was amazing. I felt he was always honest with us and didn't sugarcoat anything. He actually remembers his patients when they come in and knows their fertility history. I absolutely hate when doctors come in that are unprepared and don't know a thing about you until they look at your chart during your appointment. Dr.Frattarelli cares for his patients and it really shows. He has a calming, kind demeanor and makes you feel at ease about a very stressful situation (IVF). We never felt rushed like we were just another number and he took his time to explain things in detail, although i'm sure he has a million other tasks or things to take care of.
I would tell a prospective patient that although an IVF cycle can very very stressful, to remain as calm, and stress-free as possible because with Dr. Frattarelli because you're in good hands
My husband and I both felt like we were treated like humans because they were attentive to every need and questions we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Fluker)
Our nurse that helped us throughout our IVF cycle was Rachel and she was amazing. She was very nice and compassionate and helped ease the anxiety of going through such a stressful ordeal. Rachel was able to answer all of our questions and explain things thoroughly. All of the medications and calendar were organized and easy to follow making it with one less thing to worry about. If I had a questions via email, she always got back to me very promptly. You could tell she enjoys what she does and it shows through her patient care .
The office always seemed busy however they were always able to see you pretty quickly. We were always welcomed with a smiling face at the front desk and they would remember your name so you didn't feel like another number waiting to be called. If Dr Frattarelli was running behind, they'd let you know and get your labs done or get you prepped in the exam room ready to go. Zoe would do my lab draws and she was great. I'm usually a hard stick but she was always able to get me every time. She was also very, very nice which helped ease the fear of having to get another blood draw. Everyone we interacted with was very kind and you would see lots of smiling faces from the staff.
The cost of our IVF medications was about $3000
If I remember correctly he recommended only one embryo due to my age (31 at the time) but since I had two embryos implanted with my first failed IVF (with another doctor), he was okay with our wishes to implant two embryos again for this IVF cycle
Kailua Medical Arts

Dr Karmon is amazing and I'm glad that I decided to get a second opinion because my first Doctor wanted me to just do IVF. It took 3 months with that last doctor and we did no treatments. Dr. Karmon understood my needs and wants. She shared that I had more than 1 option and let me do medicated cycles. She really showed compassion and integrity.
The office [Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii] is bright and fun with a TV that always has cooking shows. I'm a cooking fanatic. But the staff is always smiling to the patients even in the waiting room. It's a large clinic. Nice, clean and wide open space. ... We did a monitored 100mg clomid on my first round with the trigger shot and IUI. She said for my next round if we dont fall pregnant we will go straight to 5mg letrozol. We are currently doing it, monitored, with the trigger shot and IUI again.
How was your experience with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Listen to your gut and know what you want but also listen to Dr. Karmon because she knows what's best for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Dr. Karmon made me feel like a human because she showed compassion and understood my needs and wants as a patient. She gave me more than what I expected. Monitored my cycles as needed and made sure that I was taken care of. She made sure that I knew I had more than 1 option because my first doctor wanted me to go straight to IVF without trying other options.
Describe the protocols Anatte Karmon used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
They always made me feel welcome and made sure I always understood what I needed to know.
The office is bright and fun with a TV that always has cooking shows. I'm a cooking fanatic. But the staff is always smiling to the patients even in the waiting room. It's a large clinic. Nice, clean and wide open space.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Out of pocket it has been over $100 each time I had to go in for a scan because insurance would not cover it and I will go maybe once or twice a week. One day I had to pay about $250 and another day I had to pay $300.

Treated 2018 - 2019
From day one Dr. Karmon has always made me feel like we can achieve our goals. She has helped me keep faith in this long, dreadful journey. ... They started me on Provera for 10 days. I had to do a HCG which showed my left tube was blocked and had polyps in my uterus. Dr. Karmon did a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. The next cycle we started with Provera and then Femara.
Strengths[of ARMG HI]-Friendly, compassionate, make you feel like family, able to schedule in a timely manner, upfront pricing, help you with the confusion of insurance costs ... Nursing staff is so amazing. Because I have been there so many times over the cycle of my journey, all of the staff know me by name. It’s a nice feeling when you are made to feel like family when dealing with something so difficult
From day one Dr. Karmon has always made me feel like we can achieve our goals. She has helped me keep faith in this long, dreadful journey. When things didn’t work as planned, she would assure me there is still more possibilities and would adjust our plan of action. Her compassion is like no other and I always felt like she was right there with me. I actually referred my best friend to her. My best friend had 2 recurrent unexplained miscarriages and after her second one I suggested she contact Dr. Karmon for help. I trusted her so much that I sent my best friend to her for help. My best friend is now about to give birth to a baby girl in April.
To trust In Dr. Karmon. She knows what she’s doing and with her help she will lead you in the right direction.
For the first couple cycles it took a veryyy long time for my follicles to be ready for ovulation stimulation. Dr. Karmon knew how frustrating it was for me and she expressed multiple time how frustrating it is for her as well because she knows how frustrating it is for me. It made me feel like she really wanted results for me just as much as I do.
For the first cycle, because of insurance, we had to do timed intercourse. Because I have PCOS I don’t typically have regular cycles. They started me on Provera for 10 days. I had to do a HCG which showed my left tube was blocked and had polyps in my uterus. Dr. Karmon did a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. The next cycle we started with Provera and then Femara. After no results with Femara, we moved on to Follistim. For the first 2 cycles with follistim at 100 units, it took just about 30 days for my follicles to respond. The remaining cycles, Dr. Karmon introduced a steroid with the Femara in the beginning of the cycle to hopefully help my follicles react sooner. With the steroid it took my follicles less than a week of follistim!!!! After my last failed IUI, we discussed IVF and are due to start the medication once I get my period.
Strengths-Friendly, compassionate, make you feel like family, able to schedule in a timely manner, upfront pricing, help you with the confusion of insurance costs I honestly can’t think of any weaknesses. I have not had one bad experience.
Costs after insurance: About $40 for scans and bloodwork, done 3-7 times per cycle $178 per IUI after military discount and insurance Total prepayment for IVF after insurance $5000. Not including any medication or other tests during IVF
Describe Anatte Karmon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Dr. Karmon highly recommended eSET and said that she would allow up to two but really preferred to do one because my husband and I are both young and healthy.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr Karmon is amazing and she has faith in what she does and she will be there every step of the way with you...had a plan from the very beginning of my treatment and we stuck to it. No unexpected changes was added, and everything went smooth... is very pleasant, knowledgeable, kind and understanding. She took the time with me to help me understand my treatment and my plan that she had for us. She was able to answer all my questions and just be my person throughout every step of the way.
[Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] was amazing. All the staff was so sweet. They remembered me every time I came in. Zoe (the phlebotomist) is awesome, her laugh is the best! Emily (receptionist) so sweet and kind, she always took the time to talk to me when she appeared to be so busy at multitasking...They helped me with every injection teaching, every question I may have had, every tiny anxiety attack (thinking I did it wrong, when I didn't) They made everything seem like a breeze and time flew by during my treatments
Dr Karmon is by far the best doctor I have ever had! She takes the time with each patient and she very passionate at what she does. She is very caring and took the time to treat me as a person and not a patient.
Don't give up. I know it may seem trying, but Dr Karmon is amazing and she has faith in what she does and she will be there every step of the way with you.
Dr Karmon is very pleasant, knowledgeable, kind and understanding. She took the time with me to help me understand my treatment and my plan that she had for us. She was able to answer all my questions and just be my person throughout every step of the way.
Dr Karmon and my IVF nurse was amazing! They helped me with every injection teaching, every question I may have had, every tiny anxiety attack (thinking I did it wrong, when I didn't) They made everything seem like a breeze and time flew by during my treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tiare B.)
Tiare is AMAZING! She was with me every step of the way. She held my had during my retrievals and was there when I woke up. She is by far the sweetest person and I am thankful I had her during my journey!!!
Fertility Institute of Hawaii was amazing. All the staff was so sweet. They remembered me every time I came in. Zoe (the phlebotomist) is awesome, her laugh is the best! Emily (receptionist) so sweet and kind, she always took the time to talk to me when she appeared to be so busy at multitasking.
Dr Karmon had a plan from the very beginning of my treatment and we stuck to it. No unexpected changes was added, and everything went smooth.

Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. John Frattarelli] recommended transferring 2 of the untested embryos which resulted in both implanting but resulted in a vanishing twin. He educated us as to why that may have occured. The other embryo resulted in having trisomy 13 and severe abnormalities resulting in a loss after 18 weeks. My 2nd transfer was with 1 tested embryo but miscarried after 6 weeks. I was pleased with his approach but saddened that it didn’t succeed
[Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii is a] Very great clinic where everything throughout the process (ultrasounds, blood work, retrieval and transfer) was handled at which makes it more convenient. Environment is very nice and clean. Parking is also validated...They [nurses] are great communicators and very compassionate and helpful...He [Dr. Frattarelli] was understanding of our infertility struggle and very helpful throughout the process
He was a better communicator and very informative compared to my previous fertility doctor. He also detailed the risks and recommendations throughout the process so we had an understanding of what to expect and help us cope with our losses
Remain hopeful and trust the process he recommends you follow
He was understanding of our infertility struggle and very helpful throughout the process
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Taylor S.)
They are great communicators and very compassionate and helpful
IVF retrieval was covered by my insurance. Th transfer was at a reasonable cost and included majority of the medications. Reasonable cost for the embryo cyropreservation and genetic screening as well
Dr recommended transferring 2 of the untested embryos which resulted in both implanting but resulted in a vanishing twin. He educated us as to why that may have occured. The other embryo resulted in having trisomy 13 and severe abnormalities resulting in a loss after 18 weeks. My 2nd transfer was with 1 tested embryo but miscarried after 6 weeks. I was pleased with his approach but saddened that it didn’t succeed
Treated 2015 - 2019
Not much empathy when transfers failed or lining wasn’t getting thick enough. Sometimes I felt like he was trying to redirect me to other options, ie surrogacy. ... Dr. Fratteralli is very educated about the ivf process. However sometimes I felt just like a number because all my embryo transferred have failed thus far. ... So far 4 embryo transferred with 1 bfp that resulted in miscarriage. Getting ready for my next cycle.
My coordinator had the wrong transfer dates on my calendar. ... I had no problems with monitoring appointments. Sometimes they were running late but that happens anywhere. ... Staff is very efficient and organized. They also have several offices throughout the state of Hawai’i. They respond via email or phone call. The only “weakness” would be their main clinic is on Oahu, so outer islanders still have to pay for travel expenses. But the clinic will try and accommodate your schedule.
Dr. Fratteralli is very educated about the ivf process. However sometimes I felt just like a number because all my embryo transferred have failed thus far. But his support staff is great and very efficient.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If you’re still unclear, his support staff will help you.
Did ivf transfer with my own embryos that failed in 2015. Currently doing ivf with donor eggs with the Assured Refund Plan. So far 4 embryo transferred with 1 bfp that resulted in miscarriage. Getting ready for my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tiare Browm)
Very efficient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
First round, my insurance covered 80%. This time with the Assured Refund Plan, 100% out of pocket.
Yes, because of my history of an incompetent cervix, he recommended transferring only 1 embryo.
My coordinator had the wrong transfer dates on my calendar.

Treated 2017 - 2019
My experience has been positive with Dr. Frattarelli although I haven’t had a successful pregnancy yet. He is very knowledgeable about infertility treatments. He is available for appointments or phone calls to discuss any concerns I had....Started with Clomid and TI for a few cycles then switched to Femara and iui with trigger shot. No successful pregnancy so far.... I was always given as much time as I needed to have my questions answered.
I was always given as much time as I needed to have my questions answered. I feel like all the staff [Advanced Repro Med and Gyn of HI] really care....Strengths are appointments are easy to get and they have validated parking. Weaknesses are that the phone isn’t always answered and your voicemail might not be returned so you have to call back another time.... I went to my pharmacy and my prescription wasn’t called in, so I had to call the doctors office to remind them to order it.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or speak up if you have any concerns.
I was always given as much time as I needed to have my questions answered. I feel like all the staff really care.
Strengths are they are very compassionate and informative. Weaknesses are sometimes they are very busy and you may have to wait before your appointment.
My insurance covered almost everything so far.
We have not done ivf yet but we’re told that it would be our choice to transfer one or two embryos

Treated 2017 - 2018
As we progressed with the IVF treatment, Dr. [Frattarelli] was more open and warm. I then startesd to trust him more and our treatment plan. He always asked if we had questions and was willing to explain in depth if need be. I never felt like my appts were rushed with him.... Since our first IVF cycle only produced one mature follicle, we did an IUI instead to save our IVF benefit for the next cycle. The IUI was unsuccessful so we proceeded to another round of IVF (menopur and follistim injections) but Dr. Fratarelli added Androderm patches for 5 days and then Femara for 5 days .
Amy, Rachel and Taylor were very open and available 24/7. Especially since we live on another island, their organization and coordination was optimal. They always were encouraging and honest. I am very grateful for them.... The office [ARMG- HI] is very busy. It may seem like you are just a number but you arent. They are very caring and open. The only problem I had was when making my flight arrangements. My insurance had to call the office and verify my appt. Often my insurance would claim they werent able to get thru to verify the appt.
As we progressed with the IVF treatment, Dr. was more open and warm. I then startesd to trust him more and our treatment plan. He always asked if we had questions and was willing to explain in depth if need be. I never felt like my appts were rushed with him.
Trust in his expertise and dont be afraid to ask questions, no question is ever too small or embarassing.
The first couple MD visits that we tried to get pregnant with just pills, the office didnt really follow up or call to see how I was doing. Once we moved forward to try IUI and IVF, we were assigned a nurse and thats when it seemed that they cared. Im guessing they wanted to make sure we were serious
Since our first IVF cycle only produced one mature follicle, we did an IUI instead to save our IVF benefit for the next cycle. The IUI was unsuccessful so we proceeded to another round of IVF (menopur and follistim injections) but Dr. Fratarelli added Androderm patches for 5 days and then Femara for 5 days . That yielded 6 maturing follicles. Our egg retrieval was 8 total, 6 of them were mature enough to fertilize and of those 3 became embryos for transplant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Amy, Rachel and Taylor)
Amy, Rachel and Taylor were very open and available 24/7. Especially since we live on another island, their organization and coordination was optimal. They always were encouraging and honest. I am very grateful for them. I also am so impressed with Zoe, their phelbotomist? She always was cheerful and positive. It kept my spirits high
The office is very busy. It may seem like you are just a number but you arent. They are very caring and open. The only problem I had was when making my flight arrangements. My insurance had to call the office and verify my appt. Often my insurance would claim they werent able to get thru to verify the appt. So I would have to ask my nurse to call them. I think there should be a dedicated line or person for the insurance companies to call so that flight arrangements dont get delayed
Our copay 4,000

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Frattarelli is really great at explaining the process and going over your plan for treatments. He is compassionate & very patient with questions galore that I threw out at him during our first meeting. I’m very comfortable being under his care with my infertility issues & woupdnt think of going anywhere else... My initial consult was to discuss my health, my husband’s health, treatment plans & options. We did a saline ultrasound of my uterus to check for any issues with my uterus. Next, I was put on injectable medications for ovulation stimulation on day 3 of my menstrual cycle.
There is nothing bad I can say about Fertility Institute if Hawaii. Everyone from front desk to billing to the PA’s, nurses & doctors have been extremely helpful, informative, compassionate, understanding & everything else one could look for when seeking fertility treatments... My Tricare copays for medications came out to $24. I believe each visit was about $30?... Tricia & Anna have both been very compassionate & informative with every visit along with the medical assistants/nurses/staff. All very friendly & comforting during my process of trying for a successful pregnancy.
Expect amazing care from this provider
Dr Fraterelli personally sits down with you to go over your plan. He’s very aware of lab results, cycles, etc. I also deal with his P.A’s & every time one walks into the exam room, it’s again a very personal exam with great bedside manner especially with starting new cycles. I’m assured that it’s ok that the last treatment didn’t turn into a positive pregnancy & that we can make a few changes to the last plan to see if that will work
My initial consult was to discuss my health, my husband’s health, treatment plans & options. We did a saline ultrasound of my uterus to check for any issues with my uterus. Next, I was put on injectable medications for ovulation stimulation on day 3 of my menstrual cycle. While on this medication, I went in for blood work & transvaginal ultrasounds to check the function of my ovaries & recrutment/size of follicles with instructions of timed intercourse. I went through about 5 rounds & moved into intrauterine insemination afterwards.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tricia Wahl & Anna DeGolier)
I have not been given this option yet

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Fratterelli is kind, patient, and thorough. He takes the time to make sure he has answered all of your questions and concerns. He has been open with us and has adjusted our course of treatment as needed including any/all pre-treatment testing/procedures. I feel very comfortable and safe under the treatment of Dr. Fratterelli.... During our first IVF cycle, we used Follistom and Menopur during the stimulation cycle. Doctor was able to retrieve 23 eggs, 19 were mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI and we obtained three blastocyst embryos.
Everyone I have encountered in this clinic [ARMG- HI] has been extremely pleasant and helpful. The staff is warm and compassionate and will try their best to help you feel comfortable or answer any questions that you may have. The clinic itself is beautiful, bright, clean, and inviting.... Insurance covered partial payment for our first IVF cycle. Out of pocket expenses were approximately $12,000 for the initial cycle and the second FET.
I have referred friends to Dr. Frattarelli and I tell them to just go in to this process with an open and positive mindset. They are in great hands.
Dr Fratterelli is patient, kind, and thorough in answering all of mine and my husband’s questions.
This is to the best of my recollection. During our first IVF cycle, we used Follistom and Menopur during the stimulation cycle. Doctor was able to retrieve 23 eggs, 19 were mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI and we obtained three blastocyst embryos. We did two FET cycles, one with two embryos and one with one embryo. Both FETs resulted in miscarriage. We are currently in our second IVF cycle. This time we used Gonal-F and double the amount of Menopur. We also used HGH and testosterone this round. Prior to this cycle I prepped for months with DHEA supplements to hopefully improve egg quality. We did a hysteroscopy and a Hysterosalpingogram to check my Fallopian tubes. Both tests came back normal. We did an ERA biopsy and discovered I need an extra twelve hours of progesterone prior to the transfer. This cycle we got 19 eggs, 16 of which we’re mature, 12 fertilized with ICSI. We got three day 6 blastocyst embryos and opted to the PGS testing this time. We have one chromosomally normal embryo which will be transferred as a FET on April 17, tentatively.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Aisling Globig)
Aisling is the best! She is always available by email or phone for any questions or concerns I have, no matter how minute they are. Aisling has been my assigned nurse/coordinator from the beginning of our journey and knows me and my case very well.
Everyone I have encountered in this clinic has been extremely pleasant and helpful. The staff is warm and compassionate and will try their best to help you feel comfortable or answer any questions that you may have. The clinic itself is beautiful, bright, clean, and inviting.
Insurance covered partial payment for our first IVF cycle. Out of pocket expenses were approximately $12,000 for the initial cycle and the second FET. Our second IVF cycle was not covered by insurance at all and out of pocket expenses have been approximately $23,000 including medications and travel expenses due to Dr. Frattarelli being on a different island, which is also why I would be unable to schedule a same day appointment unless absolutely necessary.
My doctor was very clear about his approach of transferring no more than two embryos at a time. Dr. Frattarelli explained the health risks to both the mother and the babies if more are transferred, as the embryos still have the potential to split once transferred.

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Frattarelli was very informative but I was also assigned to Dr. Karmon who is also very exceptional....They answered any questions that I have and also explained to me what to expect and the outcome being that I had very low ovarian reserves. But they did not discourage me in proceeding with my IVF even though my chances is very slim to conceive....I first went through counseling of what to expect throughout the IVF procedure, then went through a saline check to see if my uterus is good.
Our IVF coordinator [at ARMG] which is Taylor Shodahl was very informative, supportive, communicated very well, and was always there to answer any of my questions and made sure that I understand all medications and how to use it, and all the procedures that I will be going through. Also all the staff from the reception to the admin, blood work, and nurses were very nice, helpful, and compassionate throughout my procedure from the beginning to the end.
Dr. Frattarelli was very informative but I was also assigned to Dr. Karmon who is also very exceptional. So was also very informative, supportive, and caring through out the whole IVF procedure. They explained to me every medication that I'll be taking, the procedures I'll be going through from check ups to egg retrieval, to embryo transfer. They answered any questions that I have and also explained to me what to expect and the outcome being that I had very low ovarian reserves. But they did not discourage me in proceeding with my IVF even though my chances is very slim to conceive.
I would recommend Dr. Frattarelli and Dr. Karmon for them as their fertility doctors because they don't just make you feel like another patient they make you feel comfortable and that they are there to help you conceive a baby. Their whole staff are very friendly and supportive.
They treated me like a human knowing how much I wanted to have a child. They were very informative on the procedures and what the outcome may be. They were caring, supportive, and sensitive towards my feelings when my IVF failed.
I first went through counseling of what to expect throughout the IVF procedure, then went through a saline check to see if my uterus is good. There were also blood work for both me and my husband. Sperm check for my husband which results came back very good. I had couple of ultra sounds done. I was taking DHEA, C0Q10, and prenatal vitamins. I also did the T-Patch, Estrace, before starting to take the progesterone, Cetrotide, growth hormone, Follistim, Menopur, Gonal-F, Endometrin, Lupron, Ovidrel/Novarel/HCG. Then during egg retrival they harvested 4 follicles, out of 4 follicles, 2 became embryos which both was transferred to my uterus. End result the embryos did not attach to my uterus resulting in failed IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Taylor Shodahl)
Our IVF coordinator which is Taylor Shodahl was very informative, supportive, communicated very well, and was always there to answer any of my questions and made sure that I understand all medications and how to use it, and all the procedures that I will be going through. Also all the staff from the reception to the admin, blood work, and nurses were very nice, helpful, and compassionate throughout my procedure from the beginning to the end.
Overall the clinic is by far the best. I was told about this clinic from one of my friends and also heard that they are really good and the best in Hawaii. Dr. Frattarelli was also recommended from my OBGYN. From the first day they were very friendly and cooperative.
The cost for my IVF was covered by my insurance HMSA but my copay was $3200.00 but additional cost for recommended medications was around $1000.00 plus.
Because of my situation of being a low ovarian reserve they elected in transferring 2 embryos which I felt very comfortable with it and had no objections. It was for the better chances of us to conceive.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[Dr. Anatte Karmon] suggested to have both (Last!) good embryos transferred so we could have higher chances...but we decided to have one other chance, considering we only had two...she's very thorough. clear, still friendly and professional. great doctor...She's the only one that saw at 44 of age a chance to find new explanations on why things were not working like nobody before even thought, and boom! we have now a pretty little baby girl. Some is being persistent, financial wise or helped, courageous, strong and focussed, some luck helps too, but you need for sure a great doctor, and that's Dr.Karmon
We only had a problem with a lab [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] that came back negative and ended up being positive. On the third preg.test. I guess that was meant to be, machines fail and it could always happen...Jae Lee [nurse] is the greatest of all, but the whole team works peacefully, professionally and in complete harmony. Despite the stress, challenges and complications, there's Aloha Spirit all over. Clinic Errors
After 7 years trying to get a baby, three clinics, two countries, we were lucky enough to find Dr.Karmon. She was the only one in that long period of time, that saw the whole picture, was clear, realistic still with hope and candid manners. She's the only one that saw at 44 of age a chance to find new explanations on why things were not working like nobody before even thought, and boom! we have now a pretty little baby girl. Some is being persistent, financial wise or helped, courageous, strong and focussed, some luck helps too, but you need for sure a great doctor, and that's Dr.Karmon
She'll go over the whole thing, very detail oriented and would honestly and softly suggest options and give her wise advice. I'd say take it. It worked for us!
she's very thorough. clear, still friendly and professional. great doctor
After many cycles, egg retrievals, fertilizations, pgd's etc etc we did with her only one more egg retrieval (we've had 3 frozen embryos tested at that time, but after way too many loses we wanted to be on the most possible safer side). It did not work and it was us suggesting no more retrievals and the next step accepted, offered before hand by Dr Karmon to study for possible polyps (one was there and was minimally invasively removed) and the great ERA study, to find out the need of extra or less hormones to be able con conceive in a fake cycle as far as I can explain it non-medically. Both things prepared the uterus and we were able to get pregnant. By month 3 you definitely need as well a good obgyn, specially if you are on the "considered" risk age for pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae Lee (IVF coordinator))
Jae Lee is the greatest of all, but the whole team works peacefully, professionally and in complete harmony. Despite the stress, challenges and complications, there's Aloha Spirit all over.
We only had a problem with a lab that came back negative and ended up being positive. On the third preg.test. I guess that was meant to be, machines fail and it could always happen. It helped us to show endurance and it ended up being something minor and accidental. The clinic has all strengths you can imagine and I cannot think on weaknesses. Dr.Karmon had a baby when we were taken care of, so Dr.Fratarelli took care of us once or twice. Although we've seen him only a couple of times just being sited at the waiting area, he was fully aware of our situation and medical procedures...meaning coordination is great as well.
have no idea and probably at this point that's a good thing
The doctor suggested to have both (Last!) good embryos transferred so we could have higher chances...but we decided to have one other chance, considering we only had two. Now we have a healthy baby and a silver bullet on another pgd tested embryo for a last attempt to have another baby (hopefully soon)
I've told that before, it was just a frustration that lasted 48 hs after our third pregnancy test that apparently came back negative. And then we had a phone call the next day to go and repeat the test, because it seemed the machine have had a mistake or wrong information and they wanted to make sure.
Treated 2016 - 2018
She [Dr. Karmon] is very professional and as you work with her more you’ll see that she is a very warm person...After a few failed rounds of clomid with my regular OB, we tried two IUIs, then at Dr. Karmon’s recommendation, we went straight for IVF. She felt we should do IVF not only from a cost standpoint but because I was a good candidate for it to be successful...At our request, Dr. Karmon let us put in two frozen embryos for the first transfer which resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth of our son. For the second round, I discussed the risks with her and we decided on one which has resulted in a positive pregnancy with a baby girl due in June.
Around $11,500 for everything [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] - PGS, IVF, drs visits, meds, etc...They are very busy! But the staff is great. They do have locations around the island so sometimes scheduling can be difficult if you only have certain times/days and your dr is at other clinic locations on certain days. They are pretty good about being on time for your appointments, parking is validated and basically everything can be done in office.
Dr. Karmon was was very direct and clear in her communication. We saw her at almost every appointment and she was a great match for us. She took the time to look into all options and was very straightforward in letting us know her opinions on how she thought we should proceed. We saw her for two successful pregnancies and have recommended her to other friends going through infertility.
Be very clear in what you want and be willing to trust her professional opinion. She is very professional and as you work with her more you’ll see that she is a very warm person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Taylor )
First care coordinator, Aisling was very knowledgeable, however she has since left the practice. Taylor was good but seemed like she was new and had to ask Dr. Karmon for answers before she could get back to us on a lot of things.
Around $11,500 for everything - PGS, IVF, drs visits, meds, etc
Kailua Medical Arts
The nursing staffs [Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology] were just as awesome as DR john. they are all very helpful and so kind. they as well answers all your questions and concerns.... nothing for weakness because my experience was awesome with all the staffs. they always make sure you feel welcomed once you enter the clinic and on your way out. the clinic is very neat tidy and clean. lots of bathrooms which is awesome. they are fast and efficient.
DR JOHN Frattarelli is a well educated man that always welcomes you with a smile. when I first went to the clinic and was waiting in the waiting area he was passing by and unlike every other doctor where they just walk by makes eye contact and ignores you. DR frattarelli did just the complete opposite, he greeted me with a hello and a smile as he was just passing through the waiting room which made me feel extra comfortable and welcomed. as I got called to the back to meet him for the first time he again greeted me told me who he was even though I already knew who he was :) he went through my chart explained everything I had to do and the medications that I would be starting and when to start taking them as well as the side effects. he has answered all my questions and concerns before we departed. all around DR john frattarelli is awesome, despite the negative reviews I came across before going to his clinic that still did not stop me from going and I am so happy I did decide to go ahead a go with his clinic because him and his staffs has been nothing but good to me. thank you DR john frattarelli for all that you do for us women.
you wont regret it!
human because DR JOHN first of all is amazing. HE's a well educated man. he had answered all my questions and concerns. he welcomes you with a smile and asks how are you today, or how is your day going. he always listens and never turns you away. he's amazing and has an amazing staff as well. I wish my wife and I didn't have to put our fertility journey on hold because of the expense. but as for right now we are just praying and wishing we could go back soon and finally have a little blessing or blessings of our own. as for right now we are amazingly blessed that we have each other.
I was getting treated for a IUI cycle. DR john wanted to do a mock cycle first to see how well ill respond with the medications such as clomid which was used to help me to ovulate and metformin which I had to take due to having PCOS. the mock cycle went very well my body was responding well to the medications and everything looked great which is what exactly doctor said. so he told me it was time to search for a donor for my next cycle the actual one where we would go ahead and do the IUI. unfortunately I did my next cycle with a different doctor. but over all my experience was great with DR JOHN FRATTARELLI!
The nursing staffs were just as awesome as DR john. they are all very helpful and so kind. they as well answers all your questions and concerns.
for test and blood work it roughly came out to $700 something the donor was around $1000.00 and medications around $120-$150
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr fratarelli has exceptional bedside manner. He’s kind, compassionate and very respectful. He explaines every procedure, medication, ultrasound thoroughly in a way that is easy to comprehend. He is truly compassionate about the work he does and I would have no reason to change my doctor unless I had to move to another state.... Dr fratarelli always transferred 2 embryos in each of my IVF cycles. That was my preference also.
The clinic [ARMG -Hawaii] is a very comfortable and warming environment. You walk in to be greeted at the desk and already feel at home. Zoe my phlebotomist was so friendly and always give a warm and friendly approach. FIH always strive to encourage clients to never give up hope of having their miracle family. I have zero complaints about Dr Fratarelli, his staff and his clinic.
Trust Dr Fratarelli’s judgment and expertise regardless of the outcome of treatment - positive or negative.
Dr Fratarelli genuinely cares about every one of his clients. I never felt like a “number” during his care. His bedside manner is exceptional and he will go above and beyond every time to ensure everything possible has been done to help achieve pregnancy.
I am unable to recall the specific drugs and dosages except for the progesterone injections which was 1ml every morning and endometrin vaginal tabs which where done either daily or BID to my knowledge.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae )
Every single employee at FIH were exceptional. Jae, my IVF coordinator was very compassionate. She provided medication teaching clearly and verified I understood. She was extremely empathetic and supportive when delivering my negative pregnancy test results.
The clinic is a very comfortable and warming environment. You walk in to be greeted at the desk and already feel at home. Zoe my phlebotomist was so friendly and always give a warm and friendly approach. FIH always strive to encourage clients to never give up hope of having their miracle family. I have zero complaints about Dr Fratarelli, his staff and his clinic.
FIH was very flexible with my appointment times as long as it was in the AM of a specific day.
Dr fratarelli always transferred 2 embryos in each of my IVF cycles. That was my preference also. He explained the rationale for not transferring more which made total sense.
Treated 2012 - 2017
My experience with dr. John [Frattarelli] was completely positive he is a wonderful dr. and cares about he is doing he takes his time and makes sure you understand what treatment you will be doing and answer all of your questions...Dr John is caring and kind. He takes his time and talks to you about all treatment plans and is always will to answer questions and truly cares about his patients
The entire clinic [Advanced Reproductive Med & Gyn of HI] is warm and friendly they like there job and it shows. Everyone makes a point to learn your name and makes you feel welcomed. Everything can be done s the clinic you will not need to go anywhere else.... Faye was amazing she call to check on me and make sure everything was going well. She truly cared about me and was there for me every step of the way.
My experience with dr. John was completely positive he is a wonderful dr. and cares about he is doing he takes his time and makes sure you understand what treatment you will be doing and answer all of your questions.
Do not give up because he will never give up on you
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Faye Chin)
The entire clinic is warm and friendly they like there job and it shows. Everyone makes a point to learn your name and makes you feel welcomed. Everything can be done s the clinic you will not need to go anywhere else.
Approximately 40,000
Treated 2016
Dr. Frattarelli made our experience positive. He explained everything and answered all questions we had. Like all things with unexplained infertility there will always be unknowns, he never made us feel like a lost cause but was open about known statistics of success. I found him to be trustworthy and kind. I was comfortable with him through our whole journey...He is an up front physician and takes a few minutes to warm up but this does not mean he doesn’t care. He is an amazing clinician and hopes for success of all.
The costs were around what I had researched online [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii]. They were upfront with the costs during consultation and also discussed the cost of the medications. All were as expected...Very responsive, communicate well always friendly, clinic environment is warm and inviting. Lots of natural light in lobby. My husband was comfortable there too. If you have questions ask, be honest and open. If they ever don’t have the answer, they will find someone who does. Love it there!
Dr Frattarelli is kind, knowledgeable and straightforward. He didn’t talk down but spoke in terms I could understand. Though he is incredibly busy, he never made us feel like he was hurried.
Everyone in the clinic was Amazing from care coordination, to lab, to nurses, to front desk and billing. All around fantastic. They were always so busy there but they always made you feel like they were taking time for you.
The costs were around what I had researched online. They were upfront with the costs during consultation and also discussed the cost of the medications. All were as expected.
Dr. Frattarelli presented all the facts, success statistics, clinical experiences and risks of both single or two embryo transfer. I knew the safest option was a single transfer. He was amazing at answering questions and open to discussion. At the end, It really ended up being a decision made by my husband and I with his inputs.

Treated 2015 - 2016
Wonderful and professional. He listened to our concerns and answered all questions thoroughly. I highly recommend him. He was personable and understanding. I felt very comfortable with him. Great doctor...[Nurse at ARMG - HI] She always answered my questions. She was so prompt and caring. I miss her. I felt as if she was my friend....Worth every penny plus more....Compassion and empathy...
Have faith and stay positive.
Compassion and empathy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jeongah)
Worth every penny plus more.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. John Frattarelli always had a smile on his face at each appointment I had. He was honest, caring, and very compassionate. If I had a question he gave a honest answer. He explained at each visit what was going to happen next and I like that. As a patient I felt like I was a queen because I felt very comfortable at each appointment. I felt like I was more than a patient to then because the way they treat there patients.
The clinic [Advanced Reproductive Med and Gyn of HI] was always welcoming when you enter the door. The clinic is clean and all the staff has a smile on there face. They make you feel comfortable from the start. I recommend this clinic to anyone in a heartbeat.... Jae [a nurse] was always positive when I was communicating with her. Jae made sure that I understood what to do when I did my shots at home and always returned my call before the end of the day. Jae was always organized and educated.
You would not regret his services. He is so awesome!
All the staff was warm and welcoming to me and my family.
I had to do hormone shots. That was uncomfortable at first but it got easier. I did not have any side affects from any medication that I took. I always asked questions about everything. I had to fly to Oahu to do the transfer and they egg retrieval. I did a lot of ultrasounds and at every appointment I had the doctor explained everything that was going to be done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae lee)
Jae was always positive when I was communicating with her. Jae made sure that I understood what to do when I did my shots at home and always returned my call before the end of the day. Jae was always organized and educated.
The clinic was always welcoming when you enter the door. The clinic is clean and all the staff has a smile on there face. They make you feel comfortable from the start. I recommend this clinic to anyone in a heartbeat.
The total out of pocket cost that I spent was about $6,000
My doctor said that he will only transfer 2 embryos because of the chances of me getting multiples. I wanted 3 but the doctor said 2 is good. I trust him.
Treated 2015
Dr. John and his staff were amazing.They were very responsive and easy to work with. I could tell they had our best interests at heart.... I saw 3 doctors over the course of 8 years of TTC. Dr. John was by far the best one. He was very warm, easy to talk to, and honest from the start. We trusted him implicitly with our care. His professionalism and bed side manner are top notch. I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with fertility issues.
They [Fertility Institute of Hawaii] are very busy so the appointments are short and to the point. If you feel like you need to be coddled a lot, this may not be the clinic for you. Everyone who works there are is very nice. I did not have a problem with any one there. It was nice to have follow up appointments on Maui.... [nurse] Aisling always took the time to call us and check up on us even after I was released to my OBGYN....
Do your research. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
We used an egg donor because Dr. Frattarelli knew that we would not be able to conceive with our own eggs due to previous failed cycles. We used 7 donor eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 became blastocysts and we transferred 1. Our son was born in September 2016.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Aisling)
Even though she was super busy, Aisling always took the time to call us and check up on us even after I was released to my OBGYN. She even sent my son a gift when he was born.
They are very busy so the appointments are short and to the point. If you feel like you need to be coddled a lot, this may not be the clinic for you. Everyone who works there are is very nice. I did not have a problem with any one there. It was nice to have follow up appointments on Maui.
They were high. We paid $42k for our egg donor cycle.
We chose to trust the doctor's recommendation of a single embryo transfer.

Treated 2014
[Dr. John Frattarelli] was more robotic than family oriented... is focused on his work. He explains things well and has the top of the line equipment. He meets with you to discuss everything that you will need to go over and explains the process. He has a great set up that helps families by combining fertility nurses and nurse practitioners!...once you have your consultation you will be given a map and calendar of the next steps. It is well organized and you have direct contact with the fertility nurse that will hold your hand along the way.
They have a one stop shop [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii]. They are very personalable and you will be highly informed right away...once you have your consultation you will be given a map and calendar of the next steps. It is well organized and you have direct contact with the fertility nurse that will hold your hand along the way...They [nurses] are all professional. They make you feel comfortable. They are all open to any questions. They are organized and helpful. They became our family!
Dr. Fratt is focused on his work. He explains things well and has the top of the line equipment. He meets with you to discuss everything that you will need to go over and explains the process. He has a great set up that helps families by combining fertility nurses and nurse practitioners!
They have a one stop shop. They are very personalable and you will be highly informed right away.
The office workers and staff treated us like a human. We had an extremely good fertility nurse that took care of us. The front desk and the flambologist were very nice. We still go back there and visit. Dr. John was more robotic than family oriented. I heard they got a lot better.
I cant really recall but once you have your consultation you will be given a map and calendar of the next steps. It is well organized and you have direct contact with the fertility nurse that will hold your hand along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Mi Yamashita)
They are all professional. They make you feel comfortable. They are all open to any questions. They are organized and helpful. They became our family!
It's a one time shop. You can get everything done there. Bloodwork, ultrasounds, egg retrieval, the lab.It was convenient, time saving, and easy. We also got all labs and reports done there and fast results. A plus= free parking!!
Dr. Fratt told me that in Hawaii the first round of ivf would be covered under insurance. We paid 5k instead of full amount!
Dr. Fratt suggested 1 embryo transfer for best quality.

Treated 2013
He [Dr. Frattarelli] is patient, warm and kind. He makes you feel comfortable and clearly explains treatment options and his honest opinion on success. I trusted him throughout the process completely!... Due to our situation, husband low count, slow and questionable quality swimmers, dr. F suggested IVf. My husband and i wanted to instead try iui, our insurance, tricare, does not cover infertility treatment, due to cost. We tried two rounds of iui with myself being stimulated with no luck.
The staff [Advanced Repro Med] knew my name when i walked in and created me warmly.... Strengths: i feel they are very through and give very individualized treatment. They were expanding as i left so hope they have still kept the very personal care and touch i knew them to have. I honestly can not think of a weakness...my hubby said the tv in the men’s “room” did work so if it’s still out of order perhaps that... Our fresh cycle with out medications cost us roughly 11k. The following frozen cycle was around $5k
He is patient, warm and kind. He makes you feel comfortable and clearly explains treatment options and his honest opinion on success. I trusted him throughout the process completely! He seems to truly love his job and maleomg dreams come true. I felt like he was cheering us on and doing everything in his power to help us have a child.
Go on with an open mind. Ask tons of questions and trust the process and the dr...if it’s dr. John!
The staff knew my name when i walked in and created me warmly. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable with any of my treatment. Dr fraterelli takes the time to explain treatment options and what would be best for the individual. I genuinely feel like he loves his job of making families come true!
Due to our situation, husband low count, slow and questionable quality swimmers, dr. F suggested IVf. My husband and i wanted to instead try iui, our insurance, tricare, does not cover infertility treatment, due to cost. We tried two rounds of iui with myself being stimulated with no luck. (Dr. F was right...:)) We we’re now ready to listen to put our treatment completely on his hands. Ivf. Stimmed on follistem with no complications. Retrieved 23 eggs 13 made it to embryos. We did a fresh 5 day transfer with no baby. Frozen transfer i don’t recall total portocall but know i took shots in my stomach i believe and the progesterone shots daily. We now have an amazing little boy from this cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Rosheen)
There are no words for this woman...she cried with me, she celebrated with me, she held my hand when my husband was deployed and wasn’t there for the transfer. This woman is an angel and will forever hold a special place in my heart!
Strengths: i feel they are very through and give very individualized treatment. They were expanding as i left so hope they have still kept the very personal care and touch i knew them to have. I honestly can not think of a weakness...my hubby said the tv in the men’s “room” did work so if it’s still out of order perhaps that..lol
Due to my history for recurrent loss, our age, no other children, and acceptance of the possibility for multiples, dr f transferred two embryos on both the fresh and frozen transfers