Honolulu
407 Uluniu Street
Kailua, HI 96734
808.262.0544

Treated 2016
Dr. Frattarelli made our experience positive. He explained everything and answered all questions we had. Like all things with unexplained infertility there will always be unknowns, he never made us feel like a lost cause but was open about known statistics of success. I found him to be trustworthy and kind. I was comfortable with him through our whole journey...He is an up front physician and takes a few minutes to warm up but this does not mean he doesn’t care. He is an amazing clinician and hopes for success of all.
The costs were around what I had researched online [at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii]. They were upfront with the costs during consultation and also discussed the cost of the medications. All were as expected...Very responsive, communicate well always friendly, clinic environment is warm and inviting. Lots of natural light in lobby. My husband was comfortable there too. If you have questions ask, be honest and open. If they ever don’t have the answer, they will find someone who does. Love it there!
How was your experience with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Dr Frattarelli is kind, knowledgeable and straightforward. He didn’t talk down but spoke in terms I could understand. Though he is incredibly busy, he never made us feel like he was hurried.
Everyone in the clinic was Amazing from care coordination, to lab, to nurses, to front desk and billing. All around fantastic. They were always so busy there but they always made you feel like they were taking time for you.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Frattarelli at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
The costs were around what I had researched online. They were upfront with the costs during consultation and also discussed the cost of the medications. All were as expected.
Describe John Frattarelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Dr. Frattarelli presented all the facts, success statistics, clinical experiences and risks of both single or two embryo transfer. I knew the safest option was a single transfer. He was amazing at answering questions and open to discussion. At the end, It really ended up being a decision made by my husband and I with his inputs.
Treated 2015
The one thing I do know is that Dr. Frattarelli to add on to my egg stimulation medication to try and increase egg quality. Every step of the way Dr. Frattarelli order medications and treatment to increase my chances for a positive outcome.... Kind compassionate physician that truly cares. About his patients and their individual needs, and addresses the emotional roller Costner I felt that I was on. Answered all of my question, and also being there giving great advice as to the next step.
The clinic [ARMG] is very informative, and is very honest. I did not see any weakness. My coordinator help a lot. She recognized that due to my egg quality did not result in a viable embryo transfer that I would be reembursted part of my up front payment.... From nursing staff to the phyician they were a warm empathetic practice. Every step of the process they truly made sure that I was informed, and helped me understand the process. With complete honesty. The one ivf treatment was an emotional process that helped me understand that it had failed due to egg quality.
I would say Dr. John Frattarelli is the only phycian I would go to.
From nursing staff to the phyician they were a warm empathetic practice. Every step of the process they truly made sure that I was informed, and helped me understand the process. With complete honesty. The one ivf treatment was an emotional process that helped me understand that it had failed due to egg quality. The physician was empatatic and informative in deciding to continue treatments and alternative options. At the time I chose to take a break, and emotional deal with how I felt. Now I'm both physically and emotionally stronger to take the step to try one more time using a donor egg.
Describe the protocols John Frattarelli used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
I can't remember most of it step by step. The one thing I do know is that Dr. Frattarelli to add on to my egg stimulation medication to try and increase egg quality. Every step of the way Dr. Frattarelli order medications and treatment to increase my chances for a positive outcome.
Kind, compassionate and. Very informative. They truly cared about my well being.
The clinic is very informative, and is very honest. I did not see any weakness. My coordinator help a lot. She recognized that due to my egg quality did not result in a viable embryo transfer that I would be reembursted part of my up front payment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Excellent
7,000.00
I trust Dr. Fratterelli empatically and would follow his recommendation for what is best for me.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. John Frattarelli always had a smile on his face at each appointment I had. He was honest, caring, and very compassionate. If I had a question he gave a honest answer. He explained at each visit what was going to happen next and I like that. As a patient I felt like I was a queen because I felt very comfortable at each appointment. I felt like I was more than a patient to then because the way they treat there patients.
The clinic [Advanced Reproductive Med and Gyn of HI] was always welcoming when you enter the door. The clinic is clean and all the staff has a smile on there face. They make you feel comfortable from the start. I recommend this clinic to anyone in a heartbeat.... Jae [a nurse] was always positive when I was communicating with her. Jae made sure that I understood what to do when I did my shots at home and always returned my call before the end of the day. Jae was always organized and educated.
You would not regret his services. He is so awesome!
All the staff was warm and welcoming to me and my family.
I had to do hormone shots. That was uncomfortable at first but it got easier. I did not have any side affects from any medication that I took. I always asked questions about everything. I had to fly to Oahu to do the transfer and they egg retrieval. I did a lot of ultrasounds and at every appointment I had the doctor explained everything that was going to be done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae lee)
Jae was always positive when I was communicating with her. Jae made sure that I understood what to do when I did my shots at home and always returned my call before the end of the day. Jae was always organized and educated.
The clinic was always welcoming when you enter the door. The clinic is clean and all the staff has a smile on there face. They make you feel comfortable from the start. I recommend this clinic to anyone in a heartbeat.
The total out of pocket cost that I spent was about $6,000
My doctor said that he will only transfer 2 embryos because of the chances of me getting multiples. I wanted 3 but the doctor said 2 is good. I trust him.
Treated 2015
He [Dr. John Frattarelli] did advise against mutilple embryo transfers to avoid multiple child due to his own experiences. He explained what he was doing, but I felt that he was not that knowledged on endometriosis and appropriate treatment for someone with it. It felt that our treatment was the same as others and we were not advised to do anything different because of it.
She [nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii] rushed through explanations, did not provide timely follow ups and we did not feel that we were properly informed of all aspects of treatment and so forth. We went in not knowing much about fertility treatments and left the same. We learned more afterwards from others than we did while at the clinic and with our nurse.
He was pleasant and friendly. He did advise against mutilple embryo transfers to avoid multiple child due to his own experiences. He explained what he was doing, but I felt that he was not that knowledged on endometriosis and appropriate treatment for someone with it. It felt that our treatment was the same as others and we were not advised to do anything different because of it.
Do your own research beforehand, so that you can understand all options available to you by mutilple doctors. Reach out to others with a similar situation as you, to help obtain guidance and suggestions on treatments that worked and those that didn't. Don't rely solely on the doctor to know your own body and how you may or may not react emotionally. Make sure you have a support system in place ahead of time and have reasonable expectations.
The clinic was very busy each time we visited. Nurse assigned to us did not always follow up in a timely manner. When she explained injections and processes she rushed through them as if she was going through a script. We did not feel we got all of the proper information on what was happening and what we could/should do to help the process. (For example what over the counter medicines cannot be taken, the level of physical activity, foods etc.)
Due to my endometriosis and very few follicles, I was given the maximum doses of stimulation drugs. This also caused my endometriosis and ovaries to swell, which also brought on a lot of pain and discomfort. My body was stressed and I do not feel it was in the best position to produce eggs. We only had one to retrieve, which we did and transferred, however it did not implant. It all happened so fast, and I feel the treatment options hurt my body and ultimately our chances of success.
She rushed through explanations, did not provide timely follow ups and we did not feel that we were properly informed of all aspects of treatment and so forth. We went in not knowing much about fertility treatments and left the same. We learned more afterwards from others than we did while at the clinic and with our nurse.
Very pleasant, peaceful environment. However it also had a look that felt very expensive and high tech, which made us feel they were professional but pricey.
With insurance, around $5,000 out of pocket. However we also had travel expense, and it being Hawaii it was expensive staying overnight. We had about $5,000 additional in travel expenses as well.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Treated 2013
Dr. Frattarelli was terrific. I always felt like I understood what was happening from his explanations. Everything about all my procedures went as it should have - it could not have gone more perfectly - we were successful on our first IVF cycle with a healthy baby - delivered at age 41!... I felt like he was knowledgeable - an expert in his field for sure! We have been back to visit afterwards with our daughter. Even years after the procedure I ran into him and he remembered me!
The clinic [ARMG] is beautiful, clean, a very calming place to be throughout a process like this. Every appointment was ON TIME! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The lab is on the premises so everything is all done in one place.... She [nurse] was like a big sister to me during the whole process, holding my hand. I asked a million questions, emailed her a million questions and never made to feel like a bother at all. She was very supportive. I kept in touch with her throughout the pregnancy and when our baby was born.
Dr. Frattarelli was terrific. I always felt like I understood what was happening from his explanations. Everything about all my procedures went as it should have - it could not have gone more perfectly - we were successful on our first IVF cycle with a healthy baby - delivered at age 41! Every appointment was on time - unheard of in most doctor’s offices. I felt like he was knowledgeable - an expert in his field for sure! We have been back to visit afterwards with our daughter. Even years after the procedure I ran into him and he remembered me!
You are in the best hands - just follow all their directions, do what they tell you - and be positive! You are being treated by someone who has been through this process himself!
Everyone at the clinic was so personable, respectful, professional, and supportive.
I first had a consult and my husband & I were sent fir tests. Upon review of those results it was determined IVF would be the best course of action. I began my visits and started my injections (it was a few years ago so I can’t recall the specific names of the medications off hand, but I believe it was aggressive. I visited the office several times to be monitored and everything was progressing as it was supposed to through every step. The day before my egg retrieval he predicted I would get 10 eggs and that’s exactly what we got! ICSI was used resulting in 6 embryos. On the day of the embryo transfer, I was shown a picture of 2 on the computer screen. Of one, he told me, “It doesn’t get to look any better than that,” and the other was pretty good too. We were going to give the other 4 embryos one more day to see if they would develop to a quality good enough to freeze (in case the embryo transfer did not result in a pregnancy/birth). The 2 embryos were transferred and we had a healthy baby girl. I was 41 when she was born.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Roisin)
She was like a big sister to me during the whole process, holding my hand. I asked a million questions, emailed her a million questions and never made to feel like a bother at all. She was very supportive. I kept in touch with her throughout the pregnancy and when our baby was born.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, a very calming place to be throughout a process like this. Every appointment was ON TIME! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The lab is on the premises so everything is all done in one place.
My insurance paid almost everything, including flights to Honolulu (I lived on a neighbor island).
Treated 2013
He [Dr. Frattarelli] is patient, warm and kind. He makes you feel comfortable and clearly explains treatment options and his honest opinion on success. I trusted him throughout the process completely!... Due to our situation, husband low count, slow and questionable quality swimmers, dr. F suggested IVf. My husband and i wanted to instead try iui, our insurance, tricare, does not cover infertility treatment, due to cost. We tried two rounds of iui with myself being stimulated with no luck.
The staff [Advanced Repro Med] knew my name when i walked in and created me warmly.... Strengths: i feel they are very through and give very individualized treatment. They were expanding as i left so hope they have still kept the very personal care and touch i knew them to have. I honestly can not think of a weakness...my hubby said the tv in the men’s “room” did work so if it’s still out of order perhaps that... Our fresh cycle with out medications cost us roughly 11k. The following frozen cycle was around $5k
He is patient, warm and kind. He makes you feel comfortable and clearly explains treatment options and his honest opinion on success. I trusted him throughout the process completely! He seems to truly love his job and maleomg dreams come true. I felt like he was cheering us on and doing everything in his power to help us have a child.
Go on with an open mind. Ask tons of questions and trust the process and the dr...if it’s dr. John!
The staff knew my name when i walked in and created me warmly. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable with any of my treatment. Dr fraterelli takes the time to explain treatment options and what would be best for the individual. I genuinely feel like he loves his job of making families come true!
Due to our situation, husband low count, slow and questionable quality swimmers, dr. F suggested IVf. My husband and i wanted to instead try iui, our insurance, tricare, does not cover infertility treatment, due to cost. We tried two rounds of iui with myself being stimulated with no luck. (Dr. F was right...:)) We we’re now ready to listen to put our treatment completely on his hands. Ivf. Stimmed on follistem with no complications. Retrieved 23 eggs 13 made it to embryos. We did a fresh 5 day transfer with no baby. Frozen transfer i don’t recall total portocall but know i took shots in my stomach i believe and the progesterone shots daily. We now have an amazing little boy from this cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Rosheen)
There are no words for this woman...she cried with me, she celebrated with me, she held my hand when my husband was deployed and wasn’t there for the transfer. This woman is an angel and will forever hold a special place in my heart!
Strengths: i feel they are very through and give very individualized treatment. They were expanding as i left so hope they have still kept the very personal care and touch i knew them to have. I honestly can not think of a weakness...my hubby said the tv in the men’s “room” did work so if it’s still out of order perhaps that..lol
Due to my history for recurrent loss, our age, no other children, and acceptance of the possibility for multiples, dr f transferred two embryos on both the fresh and frozen transfers

Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. John Frattarelli] recommended transferring 2 of the untested embryos which resulted in both implanting but resulted in a vanishing twin. He educated us as to why that may have occured. The other embryo resulted in having trisomy 13 and severe abnormalities resulting in a loss after 18 weeks. My 2nd transfer was with 1 tested embryo but miscarried after 6 weeks. I was pleased with his approach but saddened that it didn’t succeed
[Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii is a] Very great clinic where everything throughout the process (ultrasounds, blood work, retrieval and transfer) was handled at which makes it more convenient. Environment is very nice and clean. Parking is also validated...They [nurses] are great communicators and very compassionate and helpful...He [Dr. Frattarelli] was understanding of our infertility struggle and very helpful throughout the process
He was a better communicator and very informative compared to my previous fertility doctor. He also detailed the risks and recommendations throughout the process so we had an understanding of what to expect and help us cope with our losses
Remain hopeful and trust the process he recommends you follow
He was understanding of our infertility struggle and very helpful throughout the process
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Taylor S.)
They are great communicators and very compassionate and helpful
IVF retrieval was covered by my insurance. Th transfer was at a reasonable cost and included majority of the medications. Reasonable cost for the embryo cyropreservation and genetic screening as well
Dr recommended transferring 2 of the untested embryos which resulted in both implanting but resulted in a vanishing twin. He educated us as to why that may have occured. The other embryo resulted in having trisomy 13 and severe abnormalities resulting in a loss after 18 weeks. My 2nd transfer was with 1 tested embryo but miscarried after 6 weeks. I was pleased with his approach but saddened that it didn’t succeed
Treated 2015 - 2019
Not much empathy when transfers failed or lining wasn’t getting thick enough. Sometimes I felt like he was trying to redirect me to other options, ie surrogacy. ... Dr. Fratteralli is very educated about the ivf process. However sometimes I felt just like a number because all my embryo transferred have failed thus far. ... So far 4 embryo transferred with 1 bfp that resulted in miscarriage. Getting ready for my next cycle.
My coordinator had the wrong transfer dates on my calendar. ... I had no problems with monitoring appointments. Sometimes they were running late but that happens anywhere. ... Staff is very efficient and organized. They also have several offices throughout the state of Hawai’i. They respond via email or phone call. The only “weakness” would be their main clinic is on Oahu, so outer islanders still have to pay for travel expenses. But the clinic will try and accommodate your schedule.
Dr. Fratteralli is very educated about the ivf process. However sometimes I felt just like a number because all my embryo transferred have failed thus far. But his support staff is great and very efficient.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If you’re still unclear, his support staff will help you.
Did ivf transfer with my own embryos that failed in 2015. Currently doing ivf with donor eggs with the Assured Refund Plan. So far 4 embryo transferred with 1 bfp that resulted in miscarriage. Getting ready for my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Tiare Browm)
Very efficient.
First round, my insurance covered 80%. This time with the Assured Refund Plan, 100% out of pocket.
Yes, because of my history of an incompetent cervix, he recommended transferring only 1 embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
My coordinator had the wrong transfer dates on my calendar.

Treated 2017 - 2019
My experience has been positive with Dr. Frattarelli although I haven’t had a successful pregnancy yet. He is very knowledgeable about infertility treatments. He is available for appointments or phone calls to discuss any concerns I had....Started with Clomid and TI for a few cycles then switched to Femara and iui with trigger shot. No successful pregnancy so far.... I was always given as much time as I needed to have my questions answered.
I was always given as much time as I needed to have my questions answered. I feel like all the staff [Advanced Repro Med and Gyn of HI] really care....Strengths are appointments are easy to get and they have validated parking. Weaknesses are that the phone isn’t always answered and your voicemail might not be returned so you have to call back another time.... I went to my pharmacy and my prescription wasn’t called in, so I had to call the doctors office to remind them to order it.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or speak up if you have any concerns.
I was always given as much time as I needed to have my questions answered. I feel like all the staff really care.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii.
Strengths are they are very compassionate and informative. Weaknesses are sometimes they are very busy and you may have to wait before your appointment.
My insurance covered almost everything so far.
We have not done ivf yet but we’re told that it would be our choice to transfer one or two embryos
Treated 2012 - 2017
My experience with dr. John [Frattarelli] was completely positive he is a wonderful dr. and cares about he is doing he takes his time and makes sure you understand what treatment you will be doing and answer all of your questions...Dr John is caring and kind. He takes his time and talks to you about all treatment plans and is always will to answer questions and truly cares about his patients
The entire clinic [Advanced Reproductive Med & Gyn of HI] is warm and friendly they like there job and it shows. Everyone makes a point to learn your name and makes you feel welcomed. Everything can be done s the clinic you will not need to go anywhere else.... Faye was amazing she call to check on me and make sure everything was going well. She truly cared about me and was there for me every step of the way.
My experience with dr. John was completely positive he is a wonderful dr. and cares about he is doing he takes his time and makes sure you understand what treatment you will be doing and answer all of your questions.
Do not give up because he will never give up on you
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Faye Chin)
The entire clinic is warm and friendly they like there job and it shows. Everyone makes a point to learn your name and makes you feel welcomed. Everything can be done s the clinic you will not need to go anywhere else.
Approximately 40,000
Treated 2016
I rarely saw her [Dr. Anatte Karmon], she only did one ultrasound and my egg retrieval. It was my first time doing IVF so I had a lot of questions. I didn't always feel like she had the time to explain things to me. She was a nice person but did not have the warmest bedside manner.... She did not really explain things to me in as much detail as I would have liked. She did not do all of my monitoring, just the egg retrieval. Her bedside manner was not the warmest.
My IVF coordinator nurse Jae [at ARMG] was amazing. She was warm and compassionate. She answered all of my silly questions and made me feel like she really cared. I feel like she knew me better than my doctor and I spent far much time with her.... Since it was my first IVF she [Dr. Anatte Karmon] used a high dose of meds, as no one knew how my body would react.
How was your experience with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
I rarely saw her, she only did one ultrasound and my egg retrieval. It was my first time doing IVF so I had a lot of questions. I didn't always feel like she had the time to explain things to me. She was a nice person but did not have the warmest bedside manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Other nurses will see you for most of your appointments so she doesn't really get to know you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii?
Describe the protocols Anatte Karmon used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
Since it was my first IVF she used a high dose of meds, as no one knew how my body would react.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae )
My IVF coordinator nurse Jae was amazing. She was warm and compassionate. She answered all of my silly questions and made me feel like she really cared. I feel like she knew me better than my doctor and I spent far much time with her.
Anatte Karmon