Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
4190 Telegraph Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
888-DMC-2500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan to a friend?
2 doctors
The clinic [ARMS] is a nice, quite, relaxing place. The staff are very caring and have all the answers to your questions. They have a room where your partner can collect his sample. The exam rooms are nice and clean. There is a coordinator who’s there to help with payments... My nurse was who did the actual IUI procedure. She explained step by step what was going to be done. She explained my husband sperm amount and the chances.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan.
The clinic is a nice, quite, relaxing place. The staff are very caring and have all the answers to your questions. They have a room where your partner can collect his sample. The exam rooms are nice and clean. There is a coordinator who’s there to help with payments
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Brinton at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan?
I was treated as a human under his care because he walked me step by step of the procedures, process, and care. He took his time with all evaluations. His nurses made sure I understood everything before I left.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Alexander)
My nurse was who did the actual IUI procedure. She explained step by step what was going to be done. She explained my husband sperm amount and the chances. She had me verify if it was the correct information for his speed sample. She also allowed him to help with the injection if the sperm
How was your experience with David Brinton at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan?
From the first appointment his explained my chances of pregnancy with iui as little to none. He told me we would have to do medicated cycles to on start my period. He also told me I would need to lose a little weight to give me a better chance. When it was time for my ultrasound. He explained what his was going to do. He explained his finding and what it meant. He explained how many eggs he saw and how big or small they were. He always explained if he wanted to go through with the procedure
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Brinton at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan?
To always be honest with him about your health rather it’s good or bad
Describe the protocols David Brinton used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan and their degree of success.
My first treatment with dr Brinton i was prescribed 50mg of Clomid for days 3-7. Cycle day 1 I would call to schedule blood work. I would go in do blood work. Wait for a call to see if I ovulated. After I would go back in on cycle day 4 for an ultrasound. He would scan my ovaries to get measurements. I believe I had 2 eggs one measuring 19, and the other measuring 24. I was given my Pregnly injection. I went back for my iui the next day and the procedure was done. Two weeks later went for blood work that was negative. I went back in for another scan, was prescribed 100mg Clomid cycle day 3-7. I went for blood work and scan. I ovulated, and was told to do the injection at home. No iui this time, just times intercourse every other day. Two week wait, another negative pregnancy test. That was my last visit
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Brinton at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan.
The cost for the iui procedure was $300. Blood work and ultrasound were billed to the insurance company, before the patient
Describe David Brinton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They [ARMS] were very kind and you didn't feel like just a number. However, I would have appreciated some modern conveniences like email and getting information that way or being able to email a nurse....Our total cost per round of IVF was around $12,000....Took a while to get my paperwork sent to my OBGYN but for the most part they were great!...During the first round of IVF (unsuccessful) DR Brinton did most of my ultrasounds. During the second round (successful) the PA did most of them but DR Brinton reviewed everything before I got instructions each day.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They were very kind and you didn't feel like just a number. However, I would have appreciated some modern conveniences like email and getting information that way or being able to email a nurse. I've met several people who went to a clinic that offered that and I was jealous!
Kind and encouraging. Patty was wonderful though I don't believe she is there anymore.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan?
Dr. Brinton is very kind and welcoming. He was honest and didn't sugar coat things but also shared information in a compassionate way. Some disappointments were that I didn't always see him, I often had appointments with the PA. I also didn't have great success with embryos developing but I think that could be the lab as well. We had 2 embryos to transfer on each cycle. The first cycle was not successful. The second cycle was successful and both took but we lost one of the babies early on (around 9 weeks).
Always come prepared for questions and don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something.
I used Bravelle during the first cycle and then it was recalled. During the second cycle, we used menopur, follistim, and ganirelix.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan.
I never felt like a number. During the first round of IVF (unsuccessful) DR Brinton did most of my ultrasounds. During the second round (successful) the PA did most of them but DR Brinton reviewed everything before I got instructions each day.
Our total cost per round of IVF was around $12,000.
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They [Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan-Bloomfield Hills] start early. Sometimes as early as 6:30 which was really helpful for me... All ultrasound times were scheduled... Dr brinton had me go to get a scan done (can't remember the name), one of my tubes was blocked so he started me just on clomid for a few cycles. Then Femara and iui. I did that for a few cycles with no luck. Then I started injectables and iui.
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They start early. Sometimes as early as 6:30 which was really helpful for me
Everyone in Dr Brintons staff knew me by name. Dr. Brinton genuinely cares for each Of his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Surgery of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Patty )
They would personally call and give you news. They would suggest treatments and when to come back in.
I felt like he was so sincere in his desires to help me get pregnant and help me understand the next steps. He always went above and beyond to make me (and other patients) feel comfortable. I would recommend anyone to Dr brinton and his staff
Infertility is a long road. Set backs happen. You really have to take yourself out of the equation so that you don't become overwhelmed or frustrated
All ultrasound times were scheduled
Dr brintons office worked with my insurance for ultrasounds and office visits. They told me where I could most likely find the cheapest prices. It was so helpful!
Bloomfield Hills
Office staff [at ARMS] is super friendly, caring and accommodating. Dr. B is honest & kind...At my first consult, Dr Brinton spent an hour and a half with me talking in detail about my medical history and plans for the future. Maybe it was too much information, it was a lot to take in.
Office staff is super friendly, caring and accommodating. Dr. B is honest & kind.
They make you feel comfortable.
Be completely honest & ask questions.