Albany OBGYN

Albany
1001 N Monroe St
Albany, GA 31701
229.436.7248
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Albany OBGYN to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8

1 doctor
Andrew Michas
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
I felt like I was absolutely treated like a human. This physician [Dr. Andrew Michas] listened to me, showed emotions with me, had wonderful bedside manner, but also gave me the statistics bluntly. I need that...He is a very compassionate physician. He gave me options and kept reminding me this was on my time. If I mentally needed a break, that was an option, if I wanted to move forward-as long as health wise it was feasible- that was an option. While my results have yet to be “what I expected” (because no baby) he and his staff have done everything in their power to try to give us the desires of our hearts.
The new patient experience [at Albany OBGYN] was very smooth. I would again say, keep notes, bring questions, fill out paper work in advance. But one can also expect to be treated like they are the only patients there. Very attentive, engaging, and sympathetic...My FSH is high and I do not know ovulate consistently, and with two failed IUIs and so many failed cycles we were told our next step would have to be IVF...At this clinic they could only do fresh IUI without washing the semen. It was around a $350 procedure. The HSG was around $800. Follicle scans and follow ups luckily fell under our co-pay.
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Andrew Michas at Albany OBGYN?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Michas at Albany OBGYN?
Ask questions. No soul will ever advocate for you, like you. Keep notes so when you go back for follow ups you remember all the symptoms and/or concerns you’ve had.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Michas at Albany OBGYN?
I felt like I was absolutely treated like a human. This physician listened to me, showed emotions with me, had wonderful bedside manner, but also gave me the statistics bluntly. I need that.
Describe the protocols Andrew Michas used in your cycles at Albany OBGYN and their degree of success.
I did 8 rounds of 2.5 mg femara. 5 months in a row (November 2018-March 2019) a break April 2019 to do an HSG, another break in June due to my schedule, July-September with an IUI in July and another in September. We have also done 2 semen analysis in which all results came back great. My FSH is high and I do not know ovulate consistently, and with two failed IUIs and so many failed cycles we were told our next step would have to be IVF.
The nursing staff was kind, organized, and informative. They remember names, and as small as that is when going through something like this feeling known, seen and heard does make a big difference.
Describe your experience with Albany OBGYN.
The new patient experience was very smooth. I would again say, keep notes, bring questions, fill out paper work in advance. But one can also expect to be treated like they are the only patients there. Very attentive, engaging, and sympathetic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Michas at Albany OBGYN.
Describe Andrew Michas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Albany OBGYN.
When discussing IVF, we were told our approach would be eSET. I do know have many comments as it is something I am still processing.
Andrew Michas