Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
9780 Pyramid Ct.
Englewood, CO 80112
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care to a friend?

2 doctors
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Denver IVF] offers a free IVF seminar once a month that answered so many of our questions. Also by going to the seminar, you get half off of your first consultation making it just $100. They also request your paperwork a week before your visit to go over your history. They are very upfront about the cost of treatment and I really feel like they are in our corner to work with us. The only weakness from our visit would be I wish they would have followed up with my OBGYN to get my tests and history from her. If they would have had that information we would have been able to make a plan faster for what tests I needed moving forward.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic offers a free IVF seminar once a month that answered so many of our questions. Also by going to the seminar, you get half off of your first consultation making it just $100. They also request your paperwork a week before your visit to go over your history. They are very upfront about the cost of treatment and I really feel like they are in our corner to work with us. The only weakness from our visit would be I wish they would have followed up with my OBGYN to get my tests and history from her. If they would have had that information we would have been able to make a plan faster for what tests I needed moving forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Dr. Ambler was so patient and sat with us to answer all of our questions. She made every question we had an important one. She was so kind but also very frank with what we could expect moving forward with a cycle of IVF. I have experienced 2 miscarriages and also 2 tubal pregnancies. She was so sympathetic and sensitive about my losses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The IVF care coordinator was so helpful. She made all the dates for our IVF cycle very clear. The price of IVF was easy to understand and we could easily tell what was due for each point of our IVF cycle. She also told me the names of the other IVF staff and said we could reach out whenever we had questions. She was so wonderful and I can't say enough good things about her.
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
She was so kind and I appreciated that she was honest about risks. I thought she was a good balance of a sweet bedside manner, sympathetic about my history, while also laying out the risks moving forward with IVF. I did not feel like a number at all and there was no pressure. I know she will be supportive of whatever we decide.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and even come prepared with some. Dr. Ambler is more than happy to answer any of them and wants to ease any concerns you might have.
Describe the protocols Dana Ambler used in your cycles at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care and their degree of success.
Dr. Ambler suggested a cycle of IVF moving forward. She explained it would take about 4 months from start to finish. I need to have a FEMVUE first to see if I have a tubal blockage. If it's blocked I will need surgery to remove or block off the tube so it will not affect implantation of an embryo during IVF. She said I am a great candidate for IVF. For IVF cycles her office does frozen embryo transfers, prefers ICSI, and we will also do the optional genetic testing to reduce our chance of miscarriage.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
If you pay with cash or check instead of credit there is a 3% discount. For phase 1 of IVF it is $7905. The Embryo Transfer is $3007. Additional costs we are paying for are genetic testing which will be about $2500. Plus the cost of the medications (about $5000).
Describe Dana Ambler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
She is NOT a fan of implanting more than one embryo. She said she NEVER recommends implanting 2 embryos to patients ever. She was very clear about the risks, which I appreciated. With my first pregnancy I had preeclampsia at the very end, but didn't have it at all with my second. She said the chances of me having preeclampsia with twins is 7 times higher since I have had it in the past. She also said embryos can fight for space, and also since she prefers ICSI the embryo has a 5% chance of splitting. So there is a concern for having 3-4 babies. Ultimately with us knowing the risks, she said she will support us whatever we decided to implant one embryo or two.
Englewood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.

Treatment costs [at Denver IVF] are definitely less than other clinics in our area. We are paying out of pocket and Dr. Ambler works with our insurance for things that can be covered (blood tests, semen analysis, etc). Self-pay for the consultation is $225 and they provide you with a list of everything and the costs...The intake process is very thorough. Initial consultation was overwhelming but the office was very calm and accommodating. After meeting with the Doctor, we met with a Care Coordinator and it was a lot of information at once! I wish I would have taken more detailed notes as it would have saved a lot of phone calls. It also seemed very fast. Lots of waiting to get in and then bam! Due to my husband needing further testing and medications, I chose to delay some additional testing and the nurse and care team were confused until I explained.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
From the first call, the staff was very calm and knowledgeable. The intake process is very thorough. Initial consultation was overwhelming but the office was very calm and accommodating. After meeting with the Doctor, we met with a Care Coordinator and it was a lot of information at once! I wish I would have taken more detailed notes as it would have saved a lot of phone calls. It also seemed very fast. Lots of waiting to get in and then bam! Due to my husband needing further testing and medications, I chose to delay some additional testing and the nurse and care team were confused until I explained.
was very straight forward and spoke at our level of understanding. Was very clear.
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
She was very clear on her diagnosis and recommendations for treatment. She gave a diagnosis that was different from every other Doctor seen and explained why. She was very honest on all possibilities.
Send everything prior to your appointment
All other Doctor's seen prior to Dr. Ambler reported that my husbands Sperm count and motility were low but not concerning and would just take longer but had no further recommendations for him. All recommendations were for me (lose weight, stop drinking caffeine, cut stress), but all of my test results were good. Dr. Ambler was clear that my husband's testosterone was too low and was impacting his motility. She ordered him some supplements that greatly improved his count (20 million to 93 million) and has prescribed him clomid for 3 months to increase his testosterone. Depending on his results will determine whether we pursue further interventions. If his motility does not improve, she is recommending IUI with both frozen and a fresh sample.
Treatment costs are definitely less than other clinics in our area. We are paying out of pocket and Dr. Ambler works with our insurance for things that can be covered (blood tests, semen analysis, etc). Self-pay for the consultation is $225 and they provide you with a list of everything and the costs.

2015 - 2019
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
They [Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] are a well oiled team. They know what they do and how to do it. They don’t just operate but they bring you into the fold and educate you and help become knowledgeable. The staff are friendly and caring. Response times are timely and detailed....My total cost was close to $45k as I used an outside donor agency and Dr Albrecht.
2015 - 2019
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
They are a well oiled team. They know what they do and how to do it. They don’t just operate but they bring you into the fold and educate you and help become knowledgeable. The staff are friendly and caring. Response times are timely and detailed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
He was excellent at delivering hard news in a proactive way to provide you with hope. He was realistic with his numbers, he was always concerned about my health and well being
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Melissa aguirre)
Excellent communication and follow up. Always answered my many questions and they were many. Compassion. And understanding were always felt
How was your experience with Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
He was excellent to work with. I have my twin boys because of him!!! He was kind caring and supportive. He was careful to follow protocol and explained why he did his process the way he did. He was detailed in his explanation of procedures and facts. He took time when you really needed his attention.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Feel comfortable asking all the questions. He will take the time to accurately or as clearly as he can answer them. He doesn’t make promises but provides you with the facts. He is caring and extremely experienced!
Describe the protocols Bruce Albrecht used in your cycles at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care and their degree of success.
It was three years ago. We did a trial with the medications before the actual FET. I used donor eggs. I took at that time HGC, estrodile, Lipton and then progesterone inserts and a shot every few days. He only would transfer one embryo and would not discuss more after explaining his reasoning wihich was always rational and in place for the safety of the potential mother and baby. He was through and knew each step well. He performed all trial procedures as well as the actual transfer, he performed the 8 week ultrasound.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Describe Bruce Albrecht's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
I believe the single embryo practice he has was excellent as I only ended up with one embryo and it divided into two and I had twins. So I fully support his perspective.
Englewood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
The practice [Denver Fertility Albrecht Women's Care] is smaller than where I was before (CCRM), which made the whole experience much more personal, warm and inviting. Despite the practice being small, I felt that they were very attentive, always had their ducks in a row, and I never had an issue with scheduling, communication, responsiveness, etc. They are the best.... Melissa (Mel) always gave me a hug when she saw me in the office, and always asked how me and my husband were doing.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The practice is smaller than where I was before (CCRM), which made the whole experience much more personal, warm and inviting. Despite the practice being small, I felt that they were very attentive, always had their ducks in a row, and I never had an issue with scheduling, communication, responsiveness, etc. They are the best.
Dr. Albrecht spent at least 2 hours with us on our first consultation, and was very knowledgeable about our previous experience with another clinic, and had some very thoughtful recommendations for moving forward. Dr. Albrecht was very present and engaged at all of our meetings, and during the transfer, he asked if I was spiritual, and held my hand and gave me a mantra to read over the next 2 weeks until the results came back. His presence made all of the difference in the world to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Aguirre)
Melissa (Mel) always gave me a hug when she saw me in the office, and always asked how me and my husband were doing. We were in regular email contact with any questions that I would have as I went through the process, and she was very quick to respond, and always made me feel comfortable asking questions, no matter how big, small, or ridiculous they may have been.
We felt taken care of as soon as we entered the building. Dr. Albrecht was very engaged and really showed that he cared about us and our outcome, stemming from his knowlege of our situtation to his thoughful recommendations on how to move forward with the procedure and other treatments. Dr. Albrecht knew who we were, and what we were going through, at every appointment (practitioners at CCRM barely knew who we were at our appointments). The biggest impression that he had on us was at the transfer, where he held my hand and provided me with a mantra to practice while we waited for the results over the next few weeks. He made me feel safe and that our fate was in good hands.
Dr. Albrecht knew the we had unexplained infertility with implantation failure on the previous 2 transfers. He recommended that I get a blood test to see whether my antibodies were high, which they ended up being, and so he recommended that we try intralipid infusion therapy. I started therapy a month prior to the transfer, and will be on that therapy every month until delivery. He also recommended that I try an anti-inflamatory diet several months prior to transfer, and to reduce caffeine and alcohol intake. I was on Vitamin D, prenatal vitamins, and folate (I'm MTHFR positive), and 2 81mg of Asprin, which I continue to take. Otherwise, I was on a typical hormone protocol, including estrogen (vaginally and patches) and progesterone injections.
The total transfer (not including medication) was &lt;$3,500.
Dr. Albrecht said that based on the genetic testing and viability of my embryos, he thought that we should only transfer one single embryo.

2017 - 2019
All the nurses I have worked with [at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] have been very compassionate and have explained everything I needed to do in detail. If I ever have a question, they have always been quick to get back to me.... The strength of the clinic are the doctors and nurses that work here. Their compassion and willingness to make things work is amazing. The only weakness would be the hours and that they do not have more ultrasound appointments.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
He is one of the kindest doctors I have ever had the pleasure of being treated by. He wants you to have success and will not just give up on you. I have not met a doctor that shows so much compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
All the nurses I have worked with have been very compassionate and have explained everything I needed to do in detail. If I ever have a question, they have always been quick to get back to me.
He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever had the chance of being treated by. He never once was doom and gloom about our situation. He told me that sometimes women respond better to less medications, and for me, that ended up being the case. I owe him so much after years of treatment and heartbreak. If you are looking for a doctor that is kindhearted, compassionate, willing to go above and beyond, he is the one for you.
Do not let his age or his calmness full you. He is an older doctor, that is brilliant.
100mg clomid on cycle day 4-8 with natural trigger. We did an iui 24 hours after I received my surge. He wanted to try less medications first since I had already done 2 prior egg retrievals with not much success. My first iui with him was successful and I now have an almost one year old.
Each iui runs around $2000 give or take. It all depends on how many ultrasounds I had to have.
Englewood

The nurses that work with Dr. Albrecht [at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] have been some of the most kind and compassionate nurses I have ever encountered. Besides having lovely bedside manners, they are incredibly thorough. I look forward to seeing them at my appointments.... My husband and I love this clinic so much because we were treated like human beings from the start. We honestly feel that they care about us and want us to succeed in our fertility journey. I really don't have anything negative to say about them. The only negative thing is not succeeding in conceiving...yet.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Dr. Albrecht and his entire staff have been nothing but the most friendly and warm medical staff I have ever encountered. Dr. Albrecht really took the time to meet with me and my husband and explain what is going on and what to do about it. He also hit upon our lifestyle and diet choices and encouraged us to eliminate certain things that could be preventing us from conceiving. The nurses and staff are always helpful and kind and everyone there makes this whole process so much easier.
The nurses that work with Dr. Albrecht have been some of the most kind and compassionate nurses I have ever encountered. Besides having lovely bedside manners, they are incredibly thorough. I look forward to seeing them at my appointments.
I am currently still seeking treatment with Dr. Albrecht for unexplained infertility. He's our second RE and we moved to his office after finding out our first RE didn't accept our insurance for anything (blood work, labs, ultrasounds, etc.). Dr. Albrecht found that I had a uterine septum and I had surgery to remove it. He's an excellent surgeon and explained the entire process and was extremely gentle and kind. My recovery wasn't as quick as I would have liked but it wasn't horrible. After recovering from surgery for a few months, I was then able to start IUIs. We've since done two without any luck. We'll be regrouping soon to talk next steps and options. I fully trust Dr. Albrecht's opinion and look forward to moving on with this journey.
Dr. Albrecht is extremely thorough and detail oriented. Expect your initial consultation to be an hour or more. I loved this and and couldn't stop asking questions that he was willing to answer.
Because of my age (39 when I started with Dr. Albrecht, now 40), we decided to start with IUIs right away. I love that they didn't immediately jump to IVF as other clinics will recommend with women in their late 30s and early 40s. Through initial testing, we found a uterine septum that was since surgically removed through hysteroscopy and laproscopy . After recovering for two months I did my first IUI after a course of letrazole. I only produced one follicle and it failed. For my next IUI I preped with letrazole, injectible Menopur, and a trigger shot of Pregnyl. This produced several follicles but still failed. I will be meeting with Dr. Albrecht soon to discuss next steps.
Englewood

Cathy [a nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] is such a sweet lady. She explained the medications in detail, and was so compassionate. She is very knowledgeable in infertility which also helps to feel like you are being understood. She wants the best for her patients and you can feel it when she is working with you.... IUI is $450 He does accept most insurances.... A Strength is that you are definitely treated like a human/patient and not at all like a number. I would suggest coming prepared to appointments with your past history so you can get straight to business. I have nothing negative to say about this clinic!
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Dr. Albrecht took his time to explain to me what PCOS was and how I could manage it. He answered all my questions and was compassionate. He made me feel like I was valued as a patient. He does his work to help people, not for the money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Cathy is such a sweet lady. She explained the medications in detail, and was so compassionate. She is very knowledgeable in infertility which also helps to feel like you are being understood. She wants the best for her patients and you can feel it when she is working with you.
Dr. Albrecht truly treated me like a patient, and not at all like a number. He would sit down with me and clearly give me all the information I needed, and would answer questions if I had any. He was also very caring and compassionate, and understands the journey of infertility is tough and not easy. He has been doing his job for over 40 years, so I know he has the right experience to help couples and I am confident he will help us as well.
Keep an open mind about treatments, supplements, and trust the process. Ask questions and don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself if something doesn’t sound right to you.
Dr. Albrecht sat me down in our consultation and explained to me the types of foods to eat and to avoid with PCOS. He then explained to me why IUI is so important. Only about 1-3 sperm make it to the egg with normal intercourse, but with IUI millions can bypass and get to the egg. He also explained that egg quality declines (which I was unaware of). He mapped out our next cycle with every step, and each day of my cycle taking different medications.
IUI is $450 He does accept most insurances.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
The clinic [Albrecht Women's Care] is very friendly and definitely not a fertility farm...Kathy is Dr. Albrect's primary nurse practitioner, and she is awesome. When I got worried about my IUI timing, she talked to me afterward for awhile and gave me some options for reassurance....One time I had a nurse tell me to take progesterone pills 12 days post-ovulation and another to take them for 14 days. I was able to get clarification in plenty of time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic is very friendly and definitely not a fertility farm. I've heard great things about Dr. Albrecht and their IUI success rates from my fertility acupuncturists who see lots of patients going to lots of different doctors in town.
Dr. Albrecht is very caring. The first time we met with him, he spent over two hours walking through our situation and explaining his recommendations specifically for our situation. He was very patient and stayed after hours answering questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Kathi)
Kathy is Dr. Albrect's primary nurse practitioner, and she is awesome. When I got worried about my IUI timing, she talked to me afterward for awhile and gave me some options for reassurance. I choose to come back in for another ultrasound that showed I had ovulated overnight (my IUI was performed at 4pm the day before). It put my mind at ease that we had given ourselves the best chances for success. Also, my progesterone levels need to be retested, so to put my mind at ease until we know whether I have enough progesterone or not to sustain a pregnancy, the nursing staff asked if I would be more comfortable with progesterone supplements until I have those answers. I said yes, so they got a prescription for me to use immediately following my IUI.
What specific things went wrong at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Dr. Albrecht came recommended to me by two friends - one of whom had two children resulting from her treatments and the other who ultimately adopted, but still recommended him as a skilled and caring doctor. I came to Dr. Albrecht for secondary infertility. Seven months ago, when my son was four years old, I started trying for another child and became pregnant then miscarried. After getting the "all clear" from my OBGYN and being told to come back if I wasn't pregnant by year's end, I went for testing. My FSH was elevated at 10.2 and my estradiol was borderline high, plus my progesterone was low. After hearing the recommendation for Dr. Albrecht, we went to see him. He correctly interpreted my numbers, and identified male factor issues for us. Dr. Albrecht recommended some high-end supplements and a strict fertility diet for me, which I've followed for two months. While the supplements will take 3-4 months from the start to fully work, after two months on the supplements my FSH was at 8 and my estradiol went down to 33, which is encouraging. Dr. Albrecht also discovered uterine polyps that my OBGYN's office missed during the "all clear" ultrasound during my miscarriage and did a wonderful job of promptly performing the needed surgery. I am now undergoing IUI since my partner's sperm count has been addressed through medication.
If you want someone who cares about building families but is absolutely only going to make recommendations based on scientific research, go to Dr. Albrecht. He will not sugar coat your issues, however, he is caring. At one point during our consult and I teared up and asked if we had a chance at having a baby....he responded, "Of course! You absolutely have a great chance. But, if it were easy you wouldn't be here."
Dr. Albrecht recommended supplements for me and my partner right away (PQQ, DHEA, Ovavite, Ovasital etc. for me; L-Carnatine and Clomid in addition to an array of other supplements for my partner). Before our consult, we had a semen analysis done to understand the full picture. He asked me to stay on supplements for 3-4 months to improve egg quality. In the meantime, he did the HSG and found uterine polyps, then removed them during a D&C and hysteroscopy procedure. He recommended IUI and clomid for several cycles, and we are in process of doing the IUI. My partner's total sperm count has quadrupled, and his usable sperm for the IUI more than quadrupled to well above the numbers they like to see. I took 100mg of clomid for IUI#1 from days 3-7, and ovulated on cd15 on my own with 3 mature follicles. Since my lining was good (10mm) and my hormone levels improved, we are hoping for the best!
Dr. Albrect is pretty reasonable, which is good since my insurance won't even cover fertility labs. For instance, a semen analysis or ultrasound run about $150, and IUI costs $300. For my polyp removal, insurance did cover most of the costs and tests. I had irregular uterine bleeding in the past year that made Dr. Albrecht look into things further, so the office coded medical care related to the polyp diagnosis and removal different than fertility for insurance purposes.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Strengths: The staff [Albrecht Women's Care] are very friendly, haven't met staff member that wasn't friendly. I love the location of the office, easy to get to! Weakness: parking is so hard to find, I wish they had better parking. The office is a little small, could use a bigger waiting room.... [Nurse] She is very caring and understanding. I am totally confident in her knowledge and trust she can implement my care plan. Her communication skills are amazing.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Strengths: The staff are very friendly, haven't met staff member that wasn't friendly. I love the location of the office, easy to get to! Weakness: parking is so hard to find, I wish they had better parking. The office is a little small, could use a bigger waiting room.
Dr. Ambler really cares for her patients. She was the first doctor after seeing multiple doctors that showed empathy when I mentioned I had a miscarriage. I have full confidence in her and her wonderful staff. I love that she asks after if I have any questions after she explains an in-deepth topic. I don't feel rushed when we talk, I feel positive and hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Infertility is a hard path to navigate and Dr. Ambler is/was very accommodating and compassionate during the process. I trust her judgement and knowledge. Nothing is more comforting than knowing that your doctor is doing 100%. Ive seen other doctors and I know they've let my treatment slip through the cracks. Dr. Ambler was testing for things and going the extra mile to help us succeed in obtaining a successful pregnancy.
This is very cliche, but before your appointment list out questions you may have. She always asks if you have questions. She takes time to anwser them, so take the time to write down your questions.
HSG- to make sure there wasn't a blocked flaloppian tube. Both tubes were clear. Blood Draws- check hormone levels Egg reserve with US- good egg numbers sperm analysis- my husbands sperm would preform
This depends on your insurance and insurance codes they use. I know they have lower costs for IVF, we are not IVF patients.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The nursing staff [at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] is with me every single step of the way. They make sure I’m taking all the right supplements, shots, and anything else. They are very kind and never get annoyed with my many calls or emails when I have questions. They really take care of you.... The clinic is always very positive. They just opened their own treatment room so they are able to save their patients money. The office is always clean and a fun environment.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic is always very positive. They just opened their own treatment room so they are able to save their patients money. The office is always clean and a fun environment. Only negative is when someone “graduated” so many people were clelebrating and announcing it. I was very happy for this lady but it hurt because we just had a failed IVf. I had to sit there trying to hold back tears.
He tries to do everything he can for me, and will not try something if it’ll be too costly for me or if it will hurt my chances. When we had a failed round of IVF he gave me a hug and I could tell he was just as disappointed as I was.
The nursing staff is with me every single step of the way. They make sure I’m taking all the right supplements, shots, and anything else. They are very kind and never get annoyed with my many calls or emails when I have questions. They really take care of you.
Dr.Albrecht is the only doctor who has removed my endometriosis completely and did it with confidence. He does t rush into anything and has never made me feel pressured to do something. He has told me every option we have available and never sugar coats things. It allows me to never get my hopes up when they shouldn’t be. I really really like Dr. Albrecht.
Be patient. Plans may change and it may take a while for things to start looking up, but be patient. Dr. Albrecht had your best intentions and wants you to have a kid almost as bad as you do.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
For ivf we always have the time window of 7:30-9am. This was helpful with work and you usually get priority over iUI or other appointments which was nice since things happen so quickly with ivf.
Since I am so young (28), he suggested just doing one embryo transfer instead of multiple. He wants me to have a safe pregnancy and not have the risks that may come along with twins. After I have one then he’s willing to put two in. No matter what he said it’s my decision but these were his suggestions.
Englewood

The clinic [Denver IVF Albrecht] has been wonderful, communication is great. The IVF coordinator, Melissa Aguirre is absolutely top notch! There has never been any issues that have had to be addressed. We have no complaints!... My nurse has been great, easy to talk to and very informative.... We paid completely out of pocket, phase one which included stimulation, monitoring, and egg retrieval was near $12,000. This did not include my $5500.00 in medications, anesthesia for egg retrieval, and blood work.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic has been wonderful, communication is great. The IVF coordinator, Melissa Aguirre is absolutely top notch! There has never been any issues that have had to be addressed. We have no complaints!
Dr. Ambler has been extremely personable through this entire experience. She uses my first name every time I see her and somehow makes me feel so incredibly comfortable that I can ask her anything, even if I feel like it’s a silly question. She is always happy and pleasant and I never feel rushed during our appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Ching Mei)
My nurse has been great, easy to talk to and very informative.
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Dr Ambler has been amazing through this whole experience. She has great bedside manner, she’s easy to talk to, and makes me feel like I really matter to her. She always address’s me by my first name, as well as my husband. Appointments with her are easy, comfortable, and pleasant. She has a great attitude and always seems very happy, which really helps when going through this tough journey. We couldn’t be anymore pleased with her care.
Don’t be afraid to ask anything! For most women going through IVF, it is scary and intimidating. Dr. Amber is reassuring and wants to be sure you understand everything!
Unfortunately, Colorado does not have mandated coverage and our insurance plan has no IVF coverage. We paid completely out of pocket, phase one which included stimulation, monitoring, and egg retrieval was near $12,000. This did not include my $5500.00 in medications, anesthesia for egg retrieval, and blood work. We are awaiting phase two, or FET, which is $5000. This also did not include $2500 in meds and some blood work.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
My results/file were mixed with another patients [at Denver IVF Albrecht] and the results and patient name were shown to me in an appointment and were relied upon for my IVF cycle...Even though she suspected DOR, Dr. Ambler had me on birth control to prime for my egg retrieval and help with timing (they only do egg retrievals one week per month)...very bad results from our first and only IVF cycle with her (0 embryos from 14 eggs)...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic is fine. Does not have the bells and whistles of CCRM. Dr. Ambler’s office was working on the new lab at the time of my retrieval so we had to go to HQA (High Quality Affordable) in Colorado Springs for retrieval. I didn’t know any better then but compared to CCRM, it was terrible. The nurses couldn’t get my IV started and when they called the anesthesiologist to try he wasn’t even wearing gloves. He couldn’t get it right away and blood was spurting everywhere. He had my husband, without gloves put pressure on it while they tried the other hand. Not very comforting! They had me walk way too soon after surgery and the whole place just didn’t seem clean or professional. I felt terrible for the next 48 hours, compared to feeling back to normal later that day at CCRM. Not sure if/when the new lab opened or if it’s any better. Dr. Ambler assured us that HQA was the best in the area which in retrospect is laughable.
Nurses for IUIs were great. When we moved onto IVF they were terrible. Communication was poor and my file (including test results) were mixed with another patients. I had to point this out when they were reviewing my test results in person and I could see the patients name on the paperwork. We very rarely got any face time with Dr. Ambler.
For IUIs, the nurses were fine. I expected the same or better for IVF but they were terrible and were a big reason why we switched clinics. I was not assigned one nurse or coordinator and they did not communicate well with each other. I had to repeat information multiple times. The biggest issue was that another patients test results were in my file and despite several emails about something seeming off - I wasn’t in the office the day they said I took certain tests and I didn’t remember them being performed - it wasn’t until our meeting a few days before my egg retrieval where I had to physically show them that someone else’s name was on the piece of paper that this issue was finally corrected, and I had to take the test before my retrieval. They were also not very compassionate and had no explanation or next steps when they called with sometimes very bad news. I didn’t feel that my IVF cycle was being competently managed which obviously added unnecessary and possibly harmful stress to an already stressful process.
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
I liked Dr. Ambler’s bedside manner and she did an okay job of explaining things the few times we saw her. However, when we got very, very bad results from our first and only IVF cycle with her (0 embryos from 14 eggs) we had to request a phone call with her to go over what happened when the nurse had no explanation. Dr. Ambler told us that it was my egg quality and gave us a devastatingly bad prognosis. She was willing to do another cycle but wouldn’t change anything. We decided that didn’t make much sense and switched to CCRM, who did additional testing and suggested a different approach. We got 12 beautiful embryos from 20 eggs with my first cycle with CCRM. I’m currently looking at my beautiful 3 month old twins from that cycle. Dr. Ambler said I had DOR and poor egg quality but CCRM found no evidence of that and said it was unexplained infertility. We asked Dr. Ambler if it could have been her lab or the protocol that gave us such poor results but she refused to take any responsibility and was unwilling to try anything than her standard one-size fits all approach. We thought we were saving money by going to her but we would have saved so much if we just went to CCRM first. We also would have saved the heartache of hearing our doctor, who we had trusted and been under the care of for nearly a year, tell us that we would probably never have our own biological children. The few months between hearing her prognosis and getting the positive pregnancy test were the hardest of my life. I know it’s impossible to have any certainty in this area, but if we had listened to her we would have likely given up on IVF. Instead CCRM gave us hope, 12 embryos, and 2 beautiful babies (so far!).
If you are able, go to CCRM. They have the best lab, doctors, and nurses. When we did IVF it was about $5,000 more per cycle, but the quality of care was noticeably better in every way and the results were worth every penny.
Even though she suspected DOR, Dr. Ambler had me on birth control to prime for my egg retrieval and help with timing (they only do egg retrievals one week per month). CCRM did estrogen priming instead and we got many more eggs and better quality eggs as well, and we followed my body for the perfect time instead of the clinics schedule. Dr. Ambler would only do frozen transfers, but we had nothing to transfer. CCRM said for us, if egg quality might be an issue, we should try fresh (which worked) for our 2 best embryos and the remaining 10 were frozen, even though they typically recommend frozen. Dr. Ambler had me on DHEA for several months prior to my retrieval. CCRM took me off of it immediately. They said my levels were so high it looked like I had a tumor and the test doesn’t run that high, not to mention I was having horrible side effects that I complained of to Dr. Ambler. Dr. Ambler ran this test but did not share the results with me, only cut my dose in half and did not retest.
I can’t remember exactly but I think IUIs were around $1k each and IVF was around $25k without a transfer.
Englewood

I did not have a great experience with this clinic. They [Albrecht Women's Care] were always very busy, which is nice… But I felt like I was in and out with very little to no answers.... We did many genetic screening, bloodwork, and ultrasounds with the office. About 50% of this was covered by insurance. We never moved forward with IVF with this clinic. There is never any follow-through to help us along the way. We still owe the clinic thousands of dollars.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
I did not have a great experience with this clinic. They were always very busy, which is nice… But I felt like I was in and out with very little to no answers. When we found out that my husband had Y chromosome micro deletion, we asked to see the test results. Dr. ambler did not have these test results to show us. We basically had to “take her word for it“ and just trust that my husband had this condition and we needed to spend $30,000 to get pregnant. We felt very vulnerable, allow
I found dr ambler from her online reviews. I was disappointed from the lack of communication and explaination about our condition. I felt like I had to bother her for results. When we asked to see test results she did not have them. We also got a call on my husbands birthday that he was practically steril. It was awful :(
I had very little little interaction with the nurses
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
She was very nice at first. THrennwe srarted doing every test in the book. This became really expensive. We did many tests and really never heard about the results. Finally we found out that my husband had a very low sperm count, which they called to tell him on his birthday. We finally called to find out what was going on and she broke the news to us that my husband has y-chromosome microdeletion. Basically the ball was completely left in our court with the option being $30,000 to move forward. We hadn’t heard back from the clinic since. ZERO follow-thru.
One would be to not call with Devastating bad news on your birthday! It was not life-threatening so it probably could’ve waited a day. Second I would say follow through with the patient! Finding out that it’s going to cost $30,000 to conceive it is a lot for someone to take in. Telling someone that and then never following through really just leave them there to be sad and feel helpless.
We never got to the IVF portion. We only made it through the consultation, and all of the expense of testing to find out that my husband had a genetic disorder causing in fertility. We never moved forward mainly from the lack of follow through and overwhelmingly worried about the financial cost.

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
I love that it is a small practice [Albrecht Women's Care] that the whole staff from doctor to billing dept knows who you are when you walk in the door, and genuinely care. It is a well run office, and go above and beyond for patients....The only thing that really went wrong was the nurse not putting me on the list for a transfer, as they had a waiting list, so when I finally discovered she hadn't, I had to fight with her to not delay my transfer by 3 months.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
I love that it is a small practice that the whole staff from doctor to billing dept knows who you are when you walk in the door, and genuinely care. It is a well run office, and go above and beyond for patients. When I was there, they did not have their own lab. I've since learned that was the reason for a lot of the delays and roadblocks that I encountered, so I'm excited to go back for #2. I unfortunately have less respect for his new partner, Dr. Ambler, who seems to be less knowledgeable and less organized in her thinking than Dr. Albrecht. In another setting (Conceptions) she prescribed treatments that were counter to those of 3 other well respected doctors.
Dr. Albrecht thoroughly reviewed my history and quickly uncovered 2 reasons for my multiple failures. He also listened to my situation and offered options that were yet unexplored at his clinic. At the same time, I felt that his IVF nurse was more interested in blocking "out of the box" requests, would often forget promises made, and due to forgetfulness, would put me on long waiting lists weeks or months after a request.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Laura Padilla)
My nursing review was based on Laura, who was very much about ensuring that the patients followed rules, and couldn't listen to a question to save her life. I know she had compassion, but it was generally hard to find, and I found that she would forget promises made. On the other hand, the rest of the nursing staff - Christie and Cathy - were wonderful, caring, compassionate people who were also great at their jobs. They respected Dr Albrecht's process AND cared for the individual patient.
What specific things went wrong at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Dr. Albrecht is thorough, a good listener, patient, and knowledgeable. As Dr Minjarez put it when she recommended him to me "If you want someone who will turn over every stone, go to Dr Albrecht." He did that. I did feel like sometimes he would overrule my suggestions based on academic knowledge vs. my knowledge of my own body, but in the end, he got the job done. He was very quick to perform surgeries that needed to be done as soon as he discovered the need (same week when the surgery center/hospital could fit us in) to keep the process moving. He also has a kind heart, and would hold my hand after a transfer or during an ultrasound, and tell me that I would be a mom.
Don't be alarmed by his advanced age. Dr Albrecht is on top of his practice and patients, and is a wonderful surgeon with steady hands.
I was an unusual case, in that the first surgery was an Ooferectomy. In hindsight, I probably could have gotten just my tubes out, so this is one where I have a little regret in moving as quickly as we did. I was then put on estrogen and progesterone, which I thought was too much for my body, and eventually reduced it on my own. I then had a histosonogram, which diagnosed severe Ashermans, so then had uterine surgery. Eventually I went on standard transfer drugs. First transfer failed, due to embryo quality (Dembryo from couple that went thru infertility). Second transfer succeeded, with Dembryo that was DE/DS.
Surgeries were 80% covered by insurance, so perhaps $10K. Transfers I believe were $4500. I also have records for these if you would like to reach out to me separately.
Doc would ONLY implant a single, due to my Asherman's. He believed if two survived the implant, I would miscarry. I am now grateful, though I wanted him to implant 2 to ensure that I got at least one!
Englewood

The front office staff [at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] smiled and called me by name when I walked in. Dr Ambler took the time to answer my questions and offer treatment plans in line with our specific diagnosis. She didn’t jump straight to IVF...IVF Freeze-all cycle cost about $12k plus about $3k for medications Each Embryo transfer cost about $4,500 and about $1,500 for medications
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Dr Ambler and the staff are awesome. I never met Dr Albrecht, though I’ve heard good things about him too. One drawback to this clinic is that the retrievals and transfers are all done in Colorado Springs while they are building their new location. All blood work, ultrasounds, and other appointments were done at their Englewood location. It wasn’t a big deal for us because we live south of Denver already, but others considering this clinic should be aware. Also, Dr Ambler doesn’t do fresh embryo transfers.
The front office staff smiled and called me by name when I walked in. Dr Ambler took the time to answer my questions and offer treatment plans in line with our specific diagnosis. She didn’t jump straight to IVF.
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Dr Ambler was always very positive and upbeat— smiling and making jokes to ease our minds even during the tough and painful parts of IVF. I can tell she really loves her job and wants to give patients every chance at success. Our first visit we had a small miscommunication about the cost and next steps for the IVF procedure but she made it right and communication was good from that point on.
Retrieval: Menopur 75iu Cetrotide FSH/Gonal F 100-150iu Dexamethasone 1mg produced 29eggs on retrieval day, 22 were mature, 10embryos made it to day 5 Transfer: estrogen patches & tablets progesterone oil injections lupron 10iu valium transferred 2 “A” graded embryos, both took, twins born 5/7/18
Dr Ambler gave us all the statistics on transferring 1 embryo vs 2 embryos but ultimately left the decision to us. We decided to transfer 2 embryos and she was fully supportive.
Englewood

I told my husband it was surprising to me that they had other patients because the doctor and the nursing staff was incredibly attentive to me during our procedures there. During our initial consult, Dr. Albrecht really listened and understood where were coming from with regard to our ethics and beliefs about the whole process. He was supportive and thorough when explaining our options. His nursing staff was very caring and always knew me by name.
Every time we spoke she told me not to hesitate to call and ask questions. She gave me someone else to contact when she wasn't going to be available. She was patient and understanding.
He was calm, smart and very well educated regarding the research. He was patient and took his time to look each of us in the eye and be sure we understood our path ahead. I cannot say enough positive things about the man. I would recommend him to anyone and plan to go back for #2.
Ask the questions. No question is too insignificant. He will take time and the nursing staff is extremely helpful and available. Over the weekend I was still able to talk to my nurse for 20 minutes regarding my concerns.
I do not remember most of them, but I know I was on 300 IU of Menopur and Bravelle 2 x a day. He took into account the "Greenlight" program that was offering a rebate because he did not want to cost of the drugs to be limiting to us. We stimmed for 10 days and had 18 eggs retrieved, 14 were mature, 9 fertilized, 2 transferred and 4 frozen.
Around $11,000 for the IVF appointments and procedure. $1,300 for freezing of remaining embryos. $3,000 of drugs. After $2,000 was reimbursed through Greenlight program.

2004 - 2011
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Calls [to Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] were returned. Appointments were made quickly and effectively. Lab results were given on the same day. Not once did we feel pressured or pushed into making decisions and we were given time and space to make those decisions when we needed it. We appreciated the way explanations were made when we didn't understand a concept or treatment... Kathi [nurse] is an amazingly warm and caring person. She is compassionate, knowledgeable, and understands the urgency of the matters at hand. Phone calls are always returned, test results are always given in a timely manner and explanations of those results were always given in ways that were clear. I never felt demeaned when I would have to ask what a test result meant.
2004 - 2011
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
I'm clearly biased. I don't feel this clinic has any weaknesses. Their strengths are numerous. You will be seen and treated as an individual. There are no cookie-cutter approaches here and each and every step in your journey here will be done with compassion, thorough thoughtfulness, and extreme care for your well being.
Dr. Albrecht and his staff are very keen on making sure that ever patient who walks through their door is treated kindly and given all the information necessary to make informed decisions. Calls were returned. Appointments were made quickly and effectively. Lab results were given on the same day. Not once did we feel pressured or pushed into making decisions and we were given time and space to make those decisions when we needed it. We appreciated the way explanations were made when we didn't understand a concept or treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Kathi Matson)
I don't recall who the transfer coordinator at the time was, but I primarily saw Kathi Matson. Kathi is an amazingly warm and caring person. She is compassionate, knowledgeable, and understands the urgency of the matters at hand. Phone calls are always returned, test results are always given in a timely manner and explanations of those results were always given in ways that were clear. I never felt demeaned when I would have to ask what a test result meant.
Dr. Albrecht is one of the most compassionate people on the planet. He's not a reproductive endocrinologist with ego. It's rather clear that he's in this area of practice because he loves the science and the families he helps. When we met with Dr. Albrecht, he was forthright in giving us information and was also supportive at the same time. The decisions were always ours to make, and it was clear that he would give us all the information we needed to make those decisions. We never felt pressured to do a procedure. Never. After we were done building our family with Dr. Albrecht's help, I relied on him to perform my hysterectomy when the fibroids became too much. I was alone in the operating room and he stayed right there by my side until the anesthesia was administered. He held my hand, and spoke to me so I wouldn't feel alone and scared. Knowing that Dr. A was right there brought me great comfort.
If you are looking for a doctor that will work outside the box to help you build your family, Dr. Albrecht is the way to go. He sees each family and their unique situations and looks to find ways to help that family meet their goals. When deciding if Dr. Albrecht is right for you, I would encourage you to decide if you want to be a name or a number. There will be no cattle calls at Albrecht Women's Care and you'll be cared for as a human being who is going through a very difficult struggle. I have remained a patient of Dr. Albrecht's even after being done building our family 9 years ago. They are that wonderful.
After all testing had been completed we knew that we would be going into any treatment plan with diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, but hubby's sperm was stellar. Dr. Albrecht suggested IVF from the start, but we weren't ready to go there just yet (like many families do) and we opted for IUI with clomid procedures first. Knowing that our egg quality was non existent, Dr. Albrecht suggested the use of donor eggs and gave us a very high chance of success using that route. At the time, we were emotionally spent and opted for domestic adoption, which Dr. Albrecht supported. After two failed adoption attempts and three years of time, we went back to Dr. Albrecht and discussed our options using donor eggs in more detail. We began the process by having surgery to remove uterine fibroids to allow me to be a better carrier for a resulting pregnancy. During this time, we also selected egg donors and began the process of psychological evaluations, and FDA required testing as we would be using my husband's sperm. After being matched with a donor, we performed a "test" cycle and found that my uterine lining was great and we were cleared to cycle with our donor. We were given the opportunity to discuss at length the number of embryos that we would transfer and the decision was all ours. Dr. Albrecht gave us information, but never required that we transfer a certain number. We chose to transfer one embryo and freeze the rest. That one single embryo transfer resulted in a full-term birth, a daughter. We have been able to donate the remaining embryos to families who have also had their dreams made true by the births of their children as well.
The costs associated with our care were partially covered by our employer-provided health insurance. The rest of the costs were out-of-pocket. We were able to source our own medications and use donated meds as long as they were not expired.
I covered this in the previous question. Dr. Albrecht allowed us to choose whether or not we transferred a single embryo or multiple embryos. We chose a single embryo transfer and were successful. I think it's important to note that this was also our first IVF attempt and I was 38 years old at the time.
Englewood

It's clear that this clinic [Albrecht Women's Care] puts customer service first. Everyone I've encountered, ranging from the receptionist, ultrasound technician, nurses, etc. is incredibly warm and friendly. Sometimes they don't reply to you in a timely manner. ... $550 for an IUI cycle, including ultrasounds, specimen collection, medication, etc. ... It can get a little disorganized because I have three nurses handling my case. ...
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
It's clear that this clinic puts customer service first. Everyone I've encountered, ranging from the receptionist, ultrasound technician, nurses, etc. is incredibly warm and friendly. Sometimes they don't reply to you in a timely manner. Just keep calling or emailing them if you need to hear back from them ASAP, and someone will get back to you.
The care feels really personalized. Dr. Albrecht and his nurses are warm, caring, and knowledgeable. They all seem to be incredibly familiar with my case.
They're all very warm and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain things to me and to ensure that we're all on the same page every step of the way. It can get a little disorganized because I have three nurses handling my case. One of them doesn't really communicate well, but the other two are fantastic.
Communication seems to be Dr. Albrecht's strongest suit. He took the time to explain my diagnosis and outline my treatment plan. I didn't feel rushed at all. He has been warm, compassionate, and optimistic about the outcome of my treatment.
Doctor knows best!
They put me on Clomid and a diet plan (keto). I underwent 2 IUI cycles, one of which ended in a chemical pregnancy. I'm still being treated by Dr. Albrecht, and I'm optimistic that I'll end up pregnant one day under his care.
I'm a self-pay patient. Self-pay prices are really reasonable. $550 for an IUI cycle, including ultrasounds, specimen collection, medication, etc.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
[Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care was] Very clean, welcoming and homelike. From front desk staff to phlebotomists everyone was positive and engaging. It never felt sterile and always helped me feel comfortable. I felt like the level of experience was very high on the ivf team and I completely trusted the effort and outcomes. I felt like I was in extremely capable hands during the whole process. Sometimes I felt the callback times could have been a little quicker when I
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Very clean, welcoming and homelike. From front desk staff to phlebotomists everyone was positive and engaging. It never felt sterile and always helped me feel comfortable. I felt like the level of experience was very high on the ivf team and I completely trusted the effort and outcomes. I felt like I was in extremely capable hands during the whole process. Sometimes I felt the callback times could have been a little quicker when I had a question but I also know that they are a busy clinic.
Dr Albrecht is like a kind grandfather. I always feel like family when I am in his care.
Very professional, yet very kind. Many, many decades of experience on Dr Albrechts nursing staff.
Dr Albrecht is an absolute professional and I have always trusted his advice. He is caring and I always feel like he is looking out for our best interests. He is an institution in the fertility business in Denver and I would not hesitate to choose him again.
You can trust him implicitly.
He adjusted my medications to get the optimal result and always was open to the idea of stopping a cycle and revisiting if he felt it would not be an optimal cycle.
It was about $400 for iui cycle and $15000 for an ivf cycle
Because I am advanced age he strongly believes in single embryo transfer as it will optimize chances of a live birth.
Englewood

The clinic [Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care] is small which is both a strength and weakness. Timing of IUI's was often very dictated by their availability which was sometimes stressful; we had to freeze sperm for a couple of cycles unexpectedly (partner with last minute work trip) and it was a rush to get that done since they only allow samples to be frozen two days per week.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic is small which is both a strength and weakness. Timing of IUI's was often very dictated by their availability which was sometimes stressful; we had to freeze sperm for a couple of cycles unexpectedly (partner with last minute work trip) and it was a rush to get that done since they only allow samples to be frozen two days per week.
Smaller office so patients are known on a first name basis.
Nurses overall were very kind and performed all of my IUI's with minimal discomfort. They were responsive at returning my calls typically within the same day.
He has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor that I've encountered. Because I'm a RN I had a lot of questions each time I saw him and he took the time to answer all of them without making me feel rushed. Consults with him typically lasted over an hr.
Write down your questions and don't be afraid to ask; no question is too insignificant.
First IUI clomid 100 mg; IUI 2-3 clomid 100 mg plus vaginal estrace. IUI 4-5 10 mg Letrozole.
Insurance covered all meds and monitoring appointments except the actual IUI. About 300 for actual IUI procedure (includes sperm washing).
Englewood

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
[Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care-Englewood is] Also very friendly, organized and kind. They knew who were were and made things very comfortable and accessible. I would highly recommend the clinic and the staff who worked there to anyone. It is a smaller office so treatment is individual and you get to know everyone well and feel like family.... They [the nurses] were very kind and engaged. They were always gentle and relaxed. When they said they would call they did. Their instructions were clear and precise and they were happy to review until we got it.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
They were amazing in every way and he was involved in every step of my treatment.
They were very kind and engaged. They were always gentle and relaxed. When they said they would call they did. Their instructions were clear and precise and they were happy to review until we got it.
What specific things went wrong at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Dr. Albrecht was present at all ultrasounds, tests and procedures. He was compassionate and kind. When we had a loss with him he was by our side, kind and helpful. He was able to listen to our concerns and let us help make the best decisions for our family. They nurses at the hospital who don't work "for" him also said he was the best and an amazing surgeon.
Just to know you are in good hands.
Our insurance covered most everything.
Englewood

We believe they [Denver IVF Albrecht] they are in it for the money. It would’ve been nice to feel a little more empathy. I’m sure they do good work, but going through such a difficult situation was only amplified by going to this clinic... We spent 3-4K on tests to find out that we needed IVF... They didn’t send my charts to the urologist... Nurses were al nice and friendly... Once they knew we didn’t have financing we felt like we were pushed to the back burner
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
We believe they they are in it for the money. It would’ve been nice to feel a little more empathy. I’m sure they do good work, but going through such a difficult situation was only amplified by going to this clinic
She gave us clear, blunt, descriptions of what we were dealing with and what to expect. When I asked to see the actual test results she told me they didn’t exist. When she found out we needed financing we felt like we were not as important to her. We ended up spending 3-4K on tests just to find out we needed IVF
Nurses were al nice and friendly
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
She was blunt and straightforward. We felt like they were in business to make money and not to help people. She acted irritated when I asked to look at test results that I paid for. Once they knew we didn’t have financing we felt like we were pushed to the back burner
Be prepared to spend all of your money
We didn’t make it far enough for treatment strategies
We spent 3-4K on tests to find out that we needed IVF
Englewood

I can't think of a better doctor than Dr Albrecht. Even when explaining situations that would make conceiving difficult, he always remained positive about our chances of a successful pregnancy....Dr Albrecht and his staff are amazing to work with. It's a smaller office, so the staff quickly knows you by name. He is great at explaining all procedures and works with you on creating a plan.
At my first visit he decided that a hysteroscopy would be the best initial option for fibroid removal, but explained that a secondary laparoscopy might be necessary. We proceeded with the second surgery 3 months after the first and successfully removed all fibroids. 3 months later we began our first cycle of Clomid which resulted in a miscarriage. We tried one additional cycle and then moved on to Letrozole which resulted in a positive pregnancy test.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The whole staff is great [at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care]. We have been given a lot of bad news and they have been compassionate and understanding. They work around my work schedule as much as possible. Which is important for me. Dr. Ambler is very thorough.... She [Dr. Dana Ambler] is amazing. Always willing to talk us through things. Tells me to call her is we have any questions. You can tell she genuinely cares
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
She is amazing. Always willing to talk us through things. Tells me to call her is we have any questions. You can tell she genuinely cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
They are great. Very thorough and compassionate
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
The whole staff is great. We have been given a lot of bad news and they have been compassionate and understanding. They work around my work schedule as much as possible. Which is important for me. Dr. Ambler is very thorough.
I think the toughest has been the price. IVF is not cheap and be prepared for a buffer. You may need more than you budgeted. I honestly can not give a negative review. We have been taken care of by Dr. Amblers office