Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Homewood
1 INDEPENDENCE PLAZA SUITE 810,
HOMEWOOD, ALABAMA 35209
205-315-6922
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama to a friend?

9.9
1 doctor
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
The staff [America Institute of Repro Med] at the clinic knows my name. They know what kind of work I do. They know my husbands name.... Strengths: friendly staff, now has lab services, easy to schedule, usually get a timely call back, not intrusive or inpatient, down to earth. Weaknesses: initially somewhat disorganized (clinic had just relocated), uncomfortable waiting room chairs, initially did not have lab services.... I typically see Jen. She is easy to talk to, always calls back
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
The staff at the clinic knows my name. They know what kind of work I do. They know my husbands name. Dr. Long is candid and frank but also warm and optimistic. They try to work around my work schedule. Dr. Long offers his personal cell phone number to answer questions (I’ve never called so I don’t know if he answers!) I usually feel better and motivated when I leave their office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
I typically see Jen. She is easy to talk to, always calls back. She has been through some infertility treatment herself which I find to be comforting.
How was your experience with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
I’ve only been working with Dr. Long since June. Both my husband and I think highly of him. He has a genuine personality that puts you at ease. This is hugely important to me since for most visits your pants are off and your feet are in stirrups... Dr. Long answers questions without making you feel needy or like you are taking up too much time. He is quite optimistic-sometimes I worry that he won’t be able to deliver what is said.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama?
Ask all the questions you want.
Describe the protocols Cecil Long used in your cycles at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama and their degree of success.
I’ve had one oral medication cycle, one oral and injection cycle with timed intercourse and one oral/injection cycle with IUI. A trigger ahot was used with each of these cycles. I am currently in my TTW from my first IUI. Medication has been used because I do not always ovulate on my own and I respond well to the medications...increased chance of pregnancy. One month after starting treatment with Dr. Long, I had a laparoscopy as he suspected endometriosis. I had Stage II endo and a uterine polyp.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
My insurance doesn’t have coverage for any medication. Procedures-surgery/ultrasounds/labs have been covered to an extent. The clinic does always explain cost. I’ve spent probably around $5500 so far but this includes everything.
Describe Cecil Long's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.
Dr. Long does IVF with ICSI and INVOcell.
Birmingham

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cecil Long at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
From the office manager, to the receptionist and medical assistant Brittany and Brittany, the staff [at ART Fert] are all amazing!...The clinic is very small, and I think that's what I love the most about it! You feel like family. The staff all knows you by name when you walk in, and they know your family and all the details about your journey. Everyone is so kind and personable, every single one of the staff has at some point come and sat beside me and the waiting room and visited with me while waiting for the doctor.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
The clinic is very small, and I think that's what I love the most about it! You feel like family. The staff all knows you by name when you walk in, and they know your family and all the details about your journey. Everyone is so kind and personable, every single one of the staff has at some point come and sat beside me and the waiting room and visited with me while waiting for the doctor. And asked me how things were going, and encourage me and prayed for me and laughed with me and cried with me. The whole Clinic as a whole is outstanding!
Dr. Long is the nicest doctor I've ever met. He gave me his cell phone number, has called me and text me multiple times to check on me, and has told me to call or text him anytime I have any questions or need anything. He personally did all of my ultrasounds, and has been so kind and personable and honestly just amazing!! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!
Describe your experience with your nurse at America Institute of Reproductive Medicine – Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
From the office manager, to the receptionist and medical assistant Brittany and Brittany, the staff are all amazing!
Dr. Long is wonderful. Thorough, detailed, understanding, kind, compassionate... the list is lengthy. He tried so many things, and was so innovative and worked so hard to help us have a baby. And is still! He is the best doctor I've ever met and I have no doubt that he is and will do everything in his power to help us have a healthy baby and pregnancy!
Go to him! Honestly that is it. He is so wonderful!!
Homewood

We will be doing Invocell which is affordable IVF. Dr. Long and his NP Karen [at America Institute for Reproductive Med] are one of the few practices in the United Stares who offer Invocell and have had results that are compatible with that of traditional IVF.... The clinic is small which has been a blessing after being at a much larger clinic. I feel like a friend and not just another number. On the downside, there is only one lady who works at the front desk and she is often having to balance answering the phones and checking in patients by herself.
He is very personable. We sat in his office on our first visit and he truly wanted to get to know my husband and didn't jump directly into our issues.
They communicate well and efficiently. I have never had an issue in getting in contact with them
I really like Dr. Long. He is straight forward without being blunt or harsh. He felt that Invocell would be our best option for conception and was not rude about it. He explained the entire process and I left feeling empowered.
be open minded to your treatment options. He works in a smaller practice, but don't let that deter you, he is awesome
We will be doing Invocell which is affordable IVF. Dr. Long and his NP Karen are one of the few practices in the United Stares who offer Invocell and have had results that are compatible with that of traditional IVF.
Semen Analysis $95 Co-pay $40 Ultrasounds were covered by my insurance