Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
10610 North Pennsylvania
Carmel, IN 46280
317.575.6565
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Indiana Fertility Institute to a friend?

7.2

2 doctors
2019 - 2020
For Dr. Provost this [Eset] is not a hard line in the sand. She takes this on a case by case basis. I think the preference is always one, but she takes embryo quality, quantity, and patient history into consideration when discussing the option of transferring more than 1 embryo...had a laparoscopy procedure that helped give her all the information she needed to develop a thoughtful protocol moving into IVF. I never once thought that she was starting our treatment on the "base plan," I always felt like she saw me as a woman and patient, not a number.
The nursing staff [at Indiana Fertility Institute] is wonderful! I met with several nurses throughout my cycle and they all were aware of our cycle progress and what needed to happen next...IVF cycle fee $15,300...I always received a call back quickly after leaving a message for the nursing staff...The facility was always organized and clean. - Payment - I stayed on top of this because of some of the other reviews I had read about their payment system being behind. I checked in with their finance person regularly to make sure I was all squared away. She was friendly and informative each time. No weaknesses to date.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
By far Dr. Provost's strength is her thoroughness. She takes everything into consideration when developing a treatment plan. As I stated previously, at our first meeting she asked questions no other doctor had asked me throughout our 3-year infertility journey. She truly wants to get to the root of the infertility problem, if possible, to develop the best treatment plan. It sounds obvious, but not all doctors take this approach and for us, it is exactly what we needed. Her communication with us and with the nurses is consistent and clear. We never felt like we were in the dark about our treatment plan. Before starting our IVF cycle, I had a lot of blood work done to test my hormones. She called personally with the results and spent roughly 30 minutes on the phone with me explaining everything and answering all of my questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Provide as much detail about your journey and your cycles as possible. The more information you give her, the more she has to go off of when developing a treatment plan. She is not pushy in any way, so she will want to hear from you about what you would like to do in terms of treatment. Then, she will give you all the information you need to move forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
From the first time we met with Dr. Provost we felt she had our best interest in mind. She asked questions no other doctor had ever asked us to get an idea of what may be going on and causing our infertility. I've never had a doctor as thorough as her. Not only did we go through an IVF cycle with her (transfer is tomorrow), but I also had a laparoscopy procedure that helped give her all the information she needed to develop a thoughtful protocol moving into IVF. I never once thought that she was starting our treatment on the "base plan," I always felt like she saw me as a woman and patient, not a number.
Describe the protocols Meredith Provost used in your cycles at Indiana Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I started with about a month of birth control prior to the stimulation phase (I believe this is pretty standard). The stimulation phase included 6 vials of Menopur for 8 days (we used the highest dose because I am a "slow responder" and with our previous IVF cycle, with another doctor, we had a low number of eggs -8- retrieved and they were not great quality. Menopur is supposed to help develop higher quality eggs). I triggered with 80 units of Lupron and 5,000 units of HCG. I took an HCG booster the morning of egg retrieval. Dr. Provost retrieved 14 eggs, 7 of which were mature with 100% fertilization rate (this is amazing because we had a much lower fertilization rate last time). We are waiting to find out how many of the 7 that fertilized made it to day 5 (we will know tomorrow).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is wonderful! I met with several nurses throughout my cycle and they all were aware of our cycle progress and what needed to happen next. They were all on the same page which helped tremendously with communication and keeping us in the loop.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Strengths - Communication - I always received a call back quickly after leaving a message for the nursing staff. - Cleanliness - The facility was always organized and clean. - Payment - I stayed on top of this because of some of the other reviews I had read about their payment system being behind. I checked in with their finance person regularly to make sure I was all squared away. She was friendly and informative each time. No weaknesses to date.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute.
IVF cycle fee $15,300. Medications were about $4,300. Genetic testing is additional if you choose to do that.
Describe Meredith Provost's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Indiana Fertility Institute.
For Dr. Provost this is not a hard line in the sand. She takes this on a case by case basis. I think the preference is always one, but she takes embryo quality, quantity, and patient history into consideration when discussing the option of transferring more than 1 embryo.
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute.

2017 - 2019
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr.Provost was very quick to push us towards IVF. During our very first consultation she stressed the urgency for IVF and acted as if my fertility was going to fall off a cliff. She even discouraged us from waiting to do IVF until after my husband’s diagnostic urology appointment...It was clear that she believed that IVF was only solution. She did not do any other basic diagnostic tests beyond the basic bloodwork and ultrasound. She also did not suggest IUI or taking any other medications. Her only suggestion was IVF...prescribed max doses of meds even though I had low ovarian reserve. She later admitted that this could have been the reasons for my poor IVF results. In addition, she continued with IVF even though I only had 2 mature eggs. To top things off she “couldn’t get” one of the eggs during the retrieval.
The front desk [at Indiana Fertility Institute] rarely answered the phones thus making it difficult to schedule appointments. They were inflexible about scheduling phone conversations with the doctor insisting that you came in regardless of work schedules. There was little communication with the doctor before or after procedures and nurse were not readily available via phone or email...IVF was very expensive at this clinic. Every fee that is possible they will charge you. IUI prices were more reasonable. Purchasing the packages is definitely the way to go...The clinic is always overcrowded and lacks comfort and privacy, especially upstairs where the blood and sperm samples are given. The financial department is extremely unorganized. We were charged for an IUI that never happened. Also, we were owed a large sum of money due to not needing IVF lab fees and it took nearly 6 months for the money to be refunded. Emails and calls to the financial department went ignored and unanswered. This was an added stress to the already stressful infertility process.
2017 - 2019
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Provost’s inexperience really showed during my IVF cycle. In our consultation, she suggested that I do ovarian priming (due to my low ovarian reserve). Then, in attempt to fit my IVF cycle around the holidays she did not order ovarian priming. She said “it shouldn’t make that much of a difference” Dr. Provost prescribed max doses of meds even though I had low ovarian reserve. She later admitted that this could have been the reasons for my poor IVF results. In addition, she continued with IVF even though I only had 2 mature eggs. To top things off she “couldn’t get” one of the eggs during the retrieval.
I would not recommend going to Dr.Provost. She does not look at the whole patient and is quick to push IVF.
Dr.Provost was very quick to push us towards IVF. During our very first consultation she stressed the urgency for IVF and acted as if my fertility was going to fall off a cliff. She even discouraged us from waiting to do IVF until after my husband’s diagnostic urology appointment. Telling us we “ should wait that long”. It was clear that she believed that IVF was only solution. She did not do any other basic diagnostic tests beyond the basic bloodwork and ultrasound. She also did not suggest IUI or taking any other medications. Her only suggestion was IVF.
For IVF, I was on max dose of Menopur. This was supposed to help with eggs and quality. This did not work for me and produced only 2 mature eggs. For IUI’s, I took Clomid/Fermara with injectables. This produced 3-4 mature eggs each time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
There is no set nurse for Dr.Provost. Pretty much each time I saw a different nurse. Some were more caring and communicated better than others. But overall, they seemed like the were always in a hurry and unless you asked the important clarifying questions you’d leave confused.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The front desk rarely answered the phones thus making it difficult to schedule appointments. They were inflexible about scheduling phone conversations with the doctor insisting that you came in regardless of work schedules. There was little communication with the doctor before or after procedures and nurse were not readily available via phone or email. Dr. Provost did not investigate other cause for my infertility and simply wrote me off as having “low ovarian reserve” It wasn’t until I saw another doctor that I learned that I had a completely different diagnosis for my infertility and did NOT in fact have a low ovarian reserve.
Carmel

Since I already did a lot of treatment with a different dr, dr Jarrett didnt want to waste time. My first visit with him was supposed to be a consultation. After five minutes he diagnosed me with pcos (I didnt believe him so he did an ultrasound to prove me wrong) 1. He did surgery to clean it up down there. 2. Iui #1 letrozole days 3-7, ovadril day 12, progesterone days 14-28 3. Same as above. Move ovadril to day 14 progesterone to 16-30
[IN Fertility Institute's] Strengths- they've been around for a while and are friendly. Weakness- it was very hard to get ahold of anyone for scheduling. (If it weren't through nurses) I called 10+times in an hour and couldn't get through. The lady in billing is really nice, but losing her mind. I talked to her on Tuesday went back on Wednesday and she had no clue as to why I brought her the Bill's we talked about Tuesday. I constantly have credits on my account because I prepaid for surgery and it didnt end up being that much. I kept paying for all my visits which kept adding up my credits. If I didnt say anything I'd be close to 3k by now in credits
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I started doing to dr Jarrett in October. It's now February and I saw him or talked to him on the phone 6 times. He is a mixture of warm and welcoming to blunt. He is concerned with how I feel and what I want. He always asks me what I want to do next.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Be direct. Dont hesitate to ask questions. He will answer the best he can.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
The nurses and Dr jarrett were extremely warm. Dr jarrett called me a few times personally
Describe the protocols John Jarrett used in your cycles at Indiana Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nurses all seemed friendly. They call back relatively quick
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Consults are 75. Iuis are 799 plus meds. My meds were under 110
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute.
See my previous post about billing.
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute.

He [Dr. John Jarrett] was friendly and frank; when we asked him to lay it out for us, he did just that. When we had many questions about how to proceed with our PGD results, he was willing to talk with us in person and on the phone multiple times to make sure we were comfortable...straightforward but also compassionate; he answers your questions with literally thousands of patients’ worth of experience. While each of us is truly unique, it was a comfort to me to have his experience as our guide.
The only concern [with Indiana Fertility Institute] was regarding billing discrepancies; we weren’t informed of two further charges at the time of initial payment for egg retrieval and PGD testing. I am confident it was related to recent staff turnover. In fact, the information was included in later emails we received but not conveyed at initial outlay. It was frustrating as we are paying completely out of pocket, but I know things are resolved there now.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr Jarrett is straightforward but also compassionate; he answers your questions with literally thousands of patients’ worth of experience. While each of us is truly unique, it was a comfort to me to have his experience as our guide.
Ask your questions as you want them to be answered. I appreciated the straightforward answers.
He was friendly and frank; when we asked him to lay it out for us, he did just that. When we had many questions about how to proceed with our PGD results, he was willing to talk with us in person and on the phone multiple times to make sure we were comfortable. His nursing staff is also very professional and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Maddy)
Maddy is organized, punctual, and kind. She is very knowledgeable and never minded my many questions. She is also very accommodating to our scheduling needs.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The clinic experienced a recent turnover of all reception and billing staff. While all there are very kind, their knowledge regarding scheduling next steps and also being able to candidly provide full cost estimates (especially for those with no insurance coverage) was not the best for us. I am however confident that this is improving. The nursing staff is top notch and very efficient. The lab staff is amazing and kind.
Costs were grouped based on treatment groups; they felt expensive to us but please know we have no insurance coverage whatsoever for these services and we didn’t “shop around.” My OB referred me here, knowing my medical history and our family goals, so here I went.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The only concern was regarding billing discrepancies; we weren’t informed of two further charges at the time of initial payment for egg retrieval and PGD testing. I am confident it was related to recent staff turnover. In fact, the information was included in later emails we received but not conveyed at initial outlay. It was frustrating as we are paying completely out of pocket, but I know things are resolved there now.
Carmel
I felt more like a human rather than a number, because she [Dr. Provost] wasn’t rushing into trying to go for IVF first. She sent off lab work. She made me start taking vitamin D supplements before we even went into more details about a procedure. She made me follow up with my hematology doctor to insure my iron count was where it needed to be. She didn’t rush or force us into anything.
I would say a overall strength they had was the ability to break down every step along this journey without making us feel bad about not knowing medical terminology.... I would say the weakness was their inability to work with us on funding.... Indiana Fertility wouldn’t produce an invoice for the services upfront. They wanted almost $6000.00 paid upfront, but wouldn’t send this invoice to my employer.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
As a patient, I’d say was experience was wonderful. I left the office having a complete understanding about infertility. I was provided the good, the bad, and any risk. I didn’t leave the office with questions. I like the fact that everything was given straight forward, and blunt but done in a nice way. This was very helpful to us.
Any question you may have, write them down and ask. Even if it’s something you really don’t want the answer to. Ask
I was seen by Dr. Meredith Provost who works side-by-side with Dr. John Jarrett. I felt more like a human rather than a number, because she wasn’t rushing into trying to go for IVF first. She sent off lab work. She made me start taking vitamin D supplements before we even went into more details about a procedure. She made me follow up with my hematology doctor to insure my iron count was where it needed to be. She didn’t rush or force us into anything. She provided options and allowed us to choose which we thought was best. She gave her opinion, and she was very straight forward with us. We had a clear understanding of what needs to take place for us to conceive successfully.
After our initial call to the office, an appointment was set to speak with the doctor. When we met with the doctor we briefly went over our fertility history. We had to sign a consent form to have our previous fertility care released to them. Our first step was to go over the different treatment plan options with the office coordinator. We started with blood work to detect hormone levels, estrogen, and ovary function. My husband had to have a semen analysis done. He had a very high numbers of sperm cells, with great motility. Next we had an ultrasound to look at the lining of my uterus. My uterus lining was a little thick, but this is something that can be corrected. In between this I did have to schedule for a SIS prior to my start cycle. When my blood work came back the doctor was able to see that my vitamin D levels were low, and started me on a Vitamin D supplement. I took these drops for 30 days. After 30 days I returned to the office, for more blood work. The results came back, and the vitamin D supplements did raise my levels. I was advised to keep taking them for another month or so. After all the test came back exceptional we were ready to start planning our IVF cycle. The medications I would’ve been taken are Menopur, Novarel,Ganirelix, and progesterone injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Haley Sowder)
Very friend people all around. Haley, and I communicated back and forth through email several times. She made sure we had a clear understanding of the whole process.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I would say a overall strength they had was the ability to break down every step along this journey without making us feel bad about not knowing medical terminology. Everything was clearly explained in a way we could understand it. I would say the weakness was their inability to work with us on funding. I currently work for a top health insurance carrier in The United States. Unfortunately a lot of insurance companies don’t cover infertility treatments at 100%. I reached out to the president of my company about the lack of coverage, and he granted me an additional 10,000 to be used for future infertility treatments. The only issue was my employer wanted an Invoice showing exactly what the funds were for, and Indiana Fertility wouldn’t produce an invoice for the services upfront. They wanted almost $6000.00 paid upfront, but wouldn’t send this invoice to my employer.
It was approximately $17,000
We did discuss doing two or three.

2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. John Jarrett] always listened to what we had to say and answered every question. I had a rough recovery from egg retrieval and he came up to check on me personally. When I developed OHSS he did the paracentesis in office the same day that I walked in and came back to make sure I was draining properly.... Birth Control- for approximately 1-2 months to regulate cycles. At a smaller clinic (and also splitting some time at a clinic in Illinois) he has to align cycles in order to do surgery’s on set days. Estrogen Progesterone in oil beginning after retrieval. For extra progesterone support. Then switches to vaginal progesterone. Baby (low dose) aspirin- for better blood flow/implantation of embryo
Price is a definite weakness [at IN Fertility Institute]. Being that the clinic is small, it doesn’t have some of the same perks as larger clinics, such as online access to charts. But, I think this makes the clinic a little more personable. Since I first started at the clinic, there has been another Dr added.... There was only one instance where the results I thought were to be back in 24 hrs or so were not because that specific test in that part of the cycle (post confirmed pregnancy) were not covered and had to be sent out.
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He always listened to what we had to say and answered every question. I had a rough recovery from egg retrieval and he came up to check on me personally. When I developed OHSS he did the paracentesis in office the same day that I walked in and came back to make sure I was draining properly.
I would tell them to listen to everything he has to say. He’s been at this a long time and has seen many different scenarios. Trust him!
I worked really closely with one particular nurse who followed up with everything with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Sutton)
Lisa is a friend of mine as well as a nurse at Dr Jarrett’s office. It’s how I ended up there. She’s worked with him since the beginning.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Price is a definite weakness. Being that the clinic is small, it doesn’t have some of the same perks as larger clinics, such as online access to charts. But, I think this makes the clinic a little more personable. Since I first started at the clinic, there has been another Dr added.
I don’t remember specifics from my first cycle. The second cycle (FET) was $4500 (split between doctor and lab) + medications like PIO, birth control and estrogen.
Describe John Jarrett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Indiana Fertility Institute.
None of our embryos were tested (chromosomally) so we opted (with Dr J’s) approval to transfer 2. He thought that my body would be able to handle a twin pregnancy and he said if we were okay with those chances that he was okay with transferring 2.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Jarrett always made me feel like a human and not a number. He genuinely cares and you can definitely tell he wants to give you what you want. Most of the nurses did as well. There are a few that aren’t as nice but overall they’re all great. Most of them know me by name which I appreciate.... I actually had OHSS and Dr. Jarrett was there every step of the way to get me through it. He has called me on weekends and evenings personally to check on me. Although I’ve not had a positive result (YET!!) I completely trust him and wouldn’t want to go to someone else.
Most of the nurses [Indiana Fertility Institute] and Dr. Jarrett are incredible. The office is clean and almost always on time. The offices biggest weakness is the front desk. They do not answer or return phone calls in a timely manner. I usually just have a nurse help me with scheduling so I don’t have to call the office....Strengths would be they are very informative and answer any and all questions that I have. When I was sick they took such great care of me and I could feel that they cared.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett has great bed side manner. I’ve had a rough journey consisting of 2 eggs retrievals and 4 transfers (1 fresh, 3 frozen). I actually had OHSS and Dr. Jarrett was there every step of the way to get me through it. He has called me on weekends and evenings personally to check on me. Although I’ve not had a positive result (YET!!) I completely trust him and wouldn’t want to go to someone else.
Trust the process and the time it takes. He knows what he’s doing and I believe he will help in the best way possible.
I don’t remember the exact protocol for my first cycle. I hyper stimulated pretty bad the first time so the second round my doses were much smaller, unfortunately resulting in only 3 eggs that didn’t fertilize. I’ve been on blood thinners, progesterone in oil, estrace, and antibiotics for all of my frozen embryo transfers. The first cycle I had positive pregnancy tests after my fresh transfer. Then we lost it. After that we did 1 frozen embryo transfer with negative results. We then decided to do a laparoscopy which removed some endometriosis. Then another frozen transfer negative again. So we started over with a new cycle and at the egg retrieval only got 3 eggs that didn’t fertilize so we transferred our last frozen with negative results. So now we are about to start a new cycle again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Strengths would be they are very informative and answer any and all questions that I have. When I was sick they took such great care of me and I could feel that they cared. The nurses are great at calling me back and even emailing me. They don’t really have any weaknesses that I can think of.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Most of the nurses and Dr. Jarrett are incredible. The office is clean and almost always on time. The offices biggest weakness is the front desk. They do not answer or return phone calls in a timely manner. I usually just have a nurse help me with scheduling so I don’t have to call the office.
Full cycle with embryo transfer including costs of meds around 18,000. Each frozen embryo transfer is 5,000 plus medications.
The first time he recommended only one because of our chances for multiples being so high since I’m young and healthy. Since we lost it we then did 2 with our frozen embryo transfer then singles after that. He lets you decide what’s best for you but gives his medical opinion.

Anovulation, Unexplained
[Dr. Jarrett's] weakness, frankly, is his availability. He is only available a few days per week, and only in the afternoon, since he runs his lab in the morning and also runs a clinic in Illinois. I would have been much happier with my care at his clinic if he were more available to patients and managed their care in a more hands-on way...Be prepared to interact mainly with the nurses and office staff at this clinic. You won't see Dr. Jarrett much beyond your initial consultation, unless he's doing your surgery.
My husband and I both experienced this clinic [Indiana Fertility Institute] not calling us with lab results. My husband had to call the clinic to hear about his semen analysis, and I had to call in to ask about a testosterone level check; both were done in their in-house lab. I also experienced miscommunication about the clinic's procedures for their letrozole cycles. I was not given a baseline scan for my first round of letrozole, and when Dr. Jarrett and I decided to try a second round, he did not indicate that I needed to come in for a baseline scan on Cycle Days 1-4.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett has quite a bit of experience and is respectful of people navigating the infertility journey. His strengths included his candidness, his warmth, and that he always seemed to have a "back up plan." His weakness, frankly, is his availability. He is only available a few days per week, and only in the afternoon, since he runs his lab in the morning and also runs a clinic in Illinois. I would have been much happier with my care at his clinic if he were more available to patients and managed their care in a more hands-on way.
While I was with Dr. Jarrett himself, he was warm and treated me well. His office staff and nurses, however, often mixed me up with other patients or forgot to call me back, which made me feel like a number.
I was originally diagnosed with PCOS and came to Dr. Jarrett after 3 failed Clomid rounds. He looked at my ovaries, which did not appear polycystic on the ultrasound, and tested my AMH level. When my AMH came back normal, Dr. Jarrett suggested we move forward with letrozole and triggered ovulation, with intercourse at home. We tried this for three cycles total (took one cycle off because I had an ovarian cyst), and each hpt was negative. Because I had had a previous ectopic pregnancy, Dr. Jarrett suggested a laparoscopy to look for potential tube blockages and/or endometriosis. He performed the surgery, and everything came back normal. He moved our diagnosis to "unexplained infertility" and we are now looking at our first round of IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
I was not a fan of the nursing staff at this clinic at all. While most of the nurses were kind and efficient, getting me in and out of appointments on time (a big strength!), I never felt as if someone was in charge of my care, and that their office was disorganized as a result. For example, there were two occasions during which my husband or I had had a test done (a semen analysis and a blood draw), and the office never called us with results...we just called them a week or so later. Additionally, there was not much communication regarding procedures; I was not told by Dr. Jarrett that I needed a baseline scan for my second round of letrozole (I hadn't had one for my first round), and I only found out I needed one when I spoke to a nurse. Then, the office didn't call me back when I tried to schedule one for the correct cycle day, so I just drove to the clinic and hoped they'd have an opening early in the morning. Overall, the clinic would do much better if each patient had one or two points of contact for their treatment.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Strengths of this clinic include Dr. Jarrett's experience, his warmth, and his expertise. He did a great job with my laparoscopy, and I healed well. They also do have lots of openings for patient appointments, and tend to run their appointments on time. Weaknesses include communication of lab results to patients, as well as an apparent lack of communication among the staff (e.g. between Dr. Jarrett and his nurses, and nurses to each other). As a new patient, I'd want to know that I wouldn't be seeing Dr. Jarrett most of the time, and that I needed to keep tabs on the nurses to make sure I was getting the best care.
I needed to pay for medications and for ultrasounds during my treatment. I also had to pay for surgery.
I haven't discussed this with Dr. Jarrett.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute.
My husband and I both experienced this clinic not calling us with lab results. My husband had to call the clinic to hear about his semen analysis, and I had to call in to ask about a testosterone level check; both were done in their in-house lab. I also experienced miscommunication about the clinic's procedures for their letrozole cycles. I was not given a baseline scan for my first round of letrozole, and when Dr. Jarrett and I decided to try a second round, he did not indicate that I needed to come in for a baseline scan on Cycle Days 1-4. His nurse, however, called me and told me I needed to come in for a baseline scan, but the office never called me back when I called to schedule the scan. Because this occurred on my Cycle Day 2, I panicked, and drove to the clinic as soon as they opened the next day (CD3) to get a scan. They were able to fit me in, but this was a miscommunication that shouldn't have happened.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
We sat down for a consultation and went over future options. He [Dr. John C Jarrett] thought it would be best to try IUI (insemination) first. I suffer from PCOS and my husband has some issues as well. While the specifics, right now, have left me, I do remember taking some medicine prior to the IUI, going in to check my follicles through ultrasound, and then once I was ready, having the IUI procedure. I was told to take it easy and take progesterone. After a certain amount of time, I was allowed to take a pregnancy test. While this was unsuccessful, Dr. Jarrett did meet with us after to follow up on the next steps, which will involve IVF.
The nursing staff [at IN Fertility Institute-Indianapolis] were very kind and respectful. I think they knew just how delicate this situation is, especially after seeing so many women come through, wanting and fighting to become mothers. I felt that they were understanding and always willing to find answers to questions we had.... I believe the IUI was around $2500+. It was a package that included a number of things like injections, ultrasounds, sperm preparation, etc.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Whenever we (me and my husband) sat down with Dr. Jarrett, I felt as though he really listened and actually cared. I felt like he really was passionate and positive about finding a way to get us pregnant. I, of course, was very emotional and he was compassionate and understanding. He gave us some hope. We weren't successful with our IUI, but he recommended we do IVF. We are in the process of figuring out how to afford it, but he made us feel like for once we may have a chance of being parents. He seems to always have a plan and he's ready to put it into effect as soon as you are. Also, as a woman, I have never really felt comfortable with male doctors. Dr. Jarrett definitely made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would for sure recommend him to others.
I would just tell them to be honest and give as much information as you can. This will help him determine the best course of action and hopefully speed up the process for you.
I had 4 treatments of clomid and shots before I came to Dr. Jarrett. Those were not successful. I then went to see Dr. Jarrett. We sat down for a consultation and went over future options. He thought it would be best to try IUI (insemination) first. I suffer from PCOS and my husband has some issues as well. While the specifics, right now, have left me, I do remember taking some medicine prior to the IUI, going in to check my follicles through ultrasound, and then once I was ready, having the IUI procedure. I was told to take it easy and take progesterone. After a certain amount of time, I was allowed to take a pregnancy test. While this was unsuccessful, Dr. Jarrett did meet with us after to follow up on the next steps, which will involve IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff were very kind and respectful. I think they knew just how delicate this situation is, especially after seeing so many women come through, wanting and fighting to become mothers. I felt that they were understanding and always willing to find answers to questions we had.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Overall, I think the clinic does a great job of making patients feel welcome and answering questions. You can call and most times get answers to questions at that time or they will call you back usually within 24 hours, if not sooner.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
If you call to set up an appointment [at Indiana Fertility Institute] the number you try to reach a receptionist will only take you to voicemail and they won’t call back. I suggest calling the nurse line and someone will call you back that way.... For IVF: $12,500 for out of pocket fresh round including everything (even ICSI). In addition: meds ($4-7k), anesthesia ($460), PGS testing, donor egg/sperm, surrogate, etc
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
The truth-I took one of his yoga classes before I even scheduled an appointment with him. Haha! Someone told me he is an awesome RE and a yoga instructor so I took a class of his to see if I liked his vibe. He is truly amazing. He has gray hair and a little pony tail that helps explain his down to earth, calm, compassionate personality. He has called me personally on multiple occasions and truly cares. His presence is very calming...like you’re talking to your dad or grandpa. He really has a passion to help us get pregnant. He was the first doctor that I feel like took me seriously and was ready to rock ‘n roll and get this process moving along. In the process of my first IVF with him and so far so good!
Just go meet with him. You’ll instantly feel heard and like you’re in good hands.
Love most of the staff there. Office staff is not always great. But nurses and Dr Jarrett are amazing!
Current protocol- Birth control last pill 9/21/18 5 vials 75 Menopur + 1 Saline in AM, started 9/24 and go in 9/29 for an ultrasound. Will likely start 1 ganirelix per day for 5 days and continue Menopur, then Lupron and novadrel trigger then retrieval around 10/5 and transfer around 10/10-if we are able to do a fresh transfer. Progesterone in oil (10/day) and estrace (2mg/day) after.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nurses are great. They have a shortage with 2 on maternity leave currently, otherwise great!
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
If you call to set up an appointment, the number you try to reach a receptionist will only take you to voicemail and they won’t call back. I suggest calling the nurse line and someone will call you back that way.
For IVF: $12,500 for out of pocket fresh round including everything (even ICSI). In addition: meds ($4-7k), anesthesia ($460), PGS testing, donor egg/sperm, surrogate, etc.
I will only have 1 transferred due to the size of my uterus (I have 1/2 the normal size uterus with only one functioning ovary).

Endometriosis, Unexplained
There are lots of great thing about Dr. Provost, she is a very positive doctor. She makes us feel confident about our situation every time we visit. She is strait forward and dose not beat around the bush.... Dr provost offered free egg reserve screening. Or at least she did to us as a way to get new clients into her clinic. ... When we have time to sit with Dr. provost she seems to care and be sincere.
The location [for Indiana Fertility Institute] is very easy to get to from the highway. The waiting room is very comfortable. They are not the only business there so sometimes parking could be difficult. The biggest weakness in my opinion is their phone system. Rarely do they answer the phone... The nurses are very kind and seem to do their jobs well.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
There are lots of great thing about Dr. Provost, she is a very positive doctor. She makes us feel confident about our situation every time we visit. She is strait forward and dose not beat around the bush. The only thing I can really complain is about communication. Very rarely dose her staff actually answer the phone. We always have to leave messages and wait on call backs. As a working class couple that can be extremely inconvenient. If we don’t get to the phone on time we have to call back leave message and start the wait again.
Dr provost offered free egg reserve screening. Or at least she did to us as a way to get new clients into her clinic. When dealing with fertility treatment anything you can get is extremely helpful. They try to use the insurance you already have to cover some if any of your procedures. Which when dealing with this that can help your financial state.
When I would go into clinic it was never like I was waitin for my number to be called. It felt more personal. When we have time to sit with Dr. provost she seems to care and be sincere. With us money is a huge deal. Dr.ppProvost and her staff try their best to give us as many options before jumping into very expensive persedures.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nurses are very kind and seem to do their jobs well.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The location is very easy to get to from the highway. The waiting room is very comfortable. They are not the only business there so sometimes parking could be difficult. The biggest weakness in my opinion is their phone system. Rarely do they answer the phone
I do not remember exact numbers but I have spent about $7000.00 which include 3 IUI and meds. Also an upcoming surgery that was not completely covered byinsurance

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Jarrett is very good at what he does. Every time we were there, he was very honest, yet very compassionate at the same time. He has to give people horrible news and wonderful news and he never knows how the reaction is going to go, and can always respond appropriately.... The first test he ever did was to see what my AMH was. Once he found out how low it was, he knew that if we wanted to be pregnant, we would need to go get donor route.
The staff [Indiana Fertility Institute] is amazing and i would not change a thing there, aside from the billing coordinator. The billing coordinator is not the best as she doesn’t have the best bedside manner. She also does not send anything through email, and I prefer to have electronic copies.... The nurses for the donor program are AMAZING. I could email them or call and knew I would get an answer very quickly. When meeting with them in person, they were so kind and caring.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Not to expect super warm and fuzzy, but to know you are getting the best in the state. He is the master of his craft.
The personal care was very good. Dr. Jarrett and his team always made me feel like family and were always very sensitive in the appropriate scenarios.
The first test he ever did was to see what my AMH was. Once he found out how low it was, he knew that if we wanted to be pregnant, we would need to go get donor route. He also knew that for my own sanity, i needed to at least try with my own eggs. He was supportive when we decided to move forward with our own eggs and IFV. When that did not succeed, he told me he would get me pregnant with a donor. We have had one unsuccessful attempt with 6 great looking frozen embryos, and I am confident that I will be pregnant this year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The staff is amazing and i would not change a thing there, aside from the billing coordinator. The billing coordinator is not the best as she doesn’t have the best bedside manner. She also does not send anything through email, and I prefer to have electronic copies. I would love if they had a patient portal online to be able to look at notes from my past visits, and see billing/payment history.
$25,000 each time. $2100to thaw frozen embryos.
He recommends one embryo at a time, but will ultimately do what the patient wants (not more than 2).

Endometriosis, PCOS
We started off with the most basic procedures [with Dr. John Jarrett], trigger shots and some monitoring, then we moved on to more stim shots. When these things did not work we moved on to a laparoscopic procedure in which he found endometriosis. That was cleaned out and we did another cycle that failed. Then we did an IUI, when that failed we began IVF. My AMH levels were high so the first IVF round we went low on meds because he didn’t want my body to hyper respond. My body didn’t respond as expected, so we stopped the cycle and plant o start again at a higher dose very soon.
I love this clinic [IN Fertility Institute]. They make me feel right at home, all the way down to the front desk and finance team. They are compassionate, gentle, understanding, helpful, and accommodating. They even stayed after hours so I could run up and get some medication from them one time.... Ultrasounds are $300. Bloodwork that I have done usually must be done at an IU Health facility due to my insurance. Medication is ordered through another pharmacy. IUI was around $500. IVF is around $13,000 without the medication cost.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He is very direct and answers questions, but he also shows compassion and empathy. If he thinks the fault should land on him he will take the blame. He has a lot of experience and knowledge. I feel comfortable with him being my doctor.
His sometimes direct nature could be a off putting to some, but it’s important to hear that in this process. When the process is so expensive it is important to have honest answers even if they can be hard to hear.
Personal phone calls
We started off with the most basic procedures, trigger shots and some monitoring, then we moved on to more stim shots. When these things did not work we moved on to a laparoscopic procedure in which he found endometriosis. That was cleaned out and we did another cycle that failed. Then we did an IUI, when that failed we began IVF. My AMH levels were high so the first IVF round we went low on meds because he didn’t want my body to hyper respond. My body didn’t respond as expected, so we stopped the cycle and plant o start again at a higher dose very soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
I always feel so at ease with the nurses. They are compassionate and understanding. They are quick to respond to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I love this clinic. They make me feel right at home, all the way down to the front desk and finance team. They are compassionate, gentle, understanding, helpful, and accommodating. They even stayed after hours so I could run up and get some medication from them one time.
Carmel
John Jarrett is a very personable person. He’s easy to talk to and listens. He’s very open to any treatment you might want to try and he is very knowledgeable. He really lets you take charge of your treatment. ... He’s very informative and also extremely empathetic. ... When I first saw Dr. Jarrett he started me on metformin to help regulate cycles. When that didn’t work he added 7.5mg letrozole for days 3-7 and then we did follistim 75 day 7-9
A strength is the affordability. It seems to be more affordable then other clinics with IUI only being $300 and ultrasounds are $150. Also, they send prescriptions to the pharmacy they find to be the cheapest so when I did follistim which is very pricey it was $400. ... The nursing staff was so kind. They were meant to work in this field for sure. Some have actually been through this so they can relate to what I’m going through.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
John Jarrett is a very personable person. He’s easy to talk to and listens. He’s very open to any treatment you might want to try and he is very knowledgeable. He really lets you take charge of your treatment. If there something you don’t want to do then he doesn’t push it and he will come up with another route. He’s very informative and also extremely empathetic. He really doesn’t have any flaws and I feel really lucky that I made the decision to seek out more help from him and his team.
Do a little bit of research before you go. Dr. Jarrett is very open to anything you want to try and also ask lots of questions.
Dr. John Jarret has been nothing short of a blessing to us. He has been a light through this whole process. Even though we have not achieved pregnancy, John has always been there to call us and check in on how we are doing. He continues to stay positive And reassures is that he will not stop trying to help us achieve our dream of having a big family someday.
When I first saw Dr. Jarrett he started me on metformin to help regulate cycles. When that didn’t work he added 7.5mg letrozole for days 3-7 and then we did follistim 75 day 7-9 (8f I remember well) then on day 12 I had an ultrasound to check follicles and then I would plan to trigger at home then come back about a day and a half later for IUI and then start progesterone shortly after IUI. Then since I did follistim they had to do a blood pregnancy test which were negative. So now we are in the middle of a break but will try it again bc it’s cheaper than IVF.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
A strength is the affordability. It seems to be more affordable then other clinics with IUI only being $300 and ultrasounds are $150. Also, they send prescriptions to the pharmacy they find to be the cheapest so when I did follistim which is very pricey it was $400. It’s still very expensive but when you’re paying out of pocket anything helps. The weekness would be that with it being on the north side there’s a lot of traffic but the clinic can not control that. My too big musts for a fertility doctor is knowledge and pricing and they have both. But also be prepared bc even though it is more affordable it adds up but if you have a HSA account you can use it to help with costs.
I think overall so far we have paid about $2500 dollars. Prices include two IUI, 5 ultrasounds, medications, consultation, sperm analysis and prep for insemination.
No comments.
Carmel

She’s [Dr. Meredith Provost] very kind and truly seemed baffled with our failed IUIs as It’s unexplained infertility and no known cause for our issues. She listened when i wanted to do a more medicated cycle and gave it a couple tries before saying we needed to discuss next steps.... We went straight to IUI (Letrozole and Ovidrel) as aid had failed timed cycles with clomid with a previous obgyn. I was placed on synthroid to try to lower my thyroid levels a bit more even though they were in normal range (history of thyroid issues). After 3 failed IUI’s with just Letrozole and Ovidrel we added 75iu of Gonal-f for 4 days for cycles 4 & 5 unfortunately with no success.
The lab work for my husband, and part of our IVF cycle [at Indiana Fertility Institute] is considered out of network for almost all insurances so check if you have any out of network coverage on your plan. They have package plans or a la cart options. And have a self pay discount so don’t let cost scare you off.... Everyone I’ve dealt with seems very compassionate to the patients struggle. Seems understand the highs and lows and emotional toll it takes on the patients.
European, Native American, Other
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Infertility can be overwhelming to deal with. I do wish she would maybe have a list of FAQs toncover with patients who aren’t sure what to ask. She’s very kind and truly seemed baffled with our failed IUIs as It’s unexplained infertility and no known cause for our issues. She listened when i wanted to do a more medicated cycle and gave it a couple tries before saying we needed to discuss next steps.
As overwhelming as it all is try to come with questions. I didn’t really know what to ask. And after everything came back normal it was confusing bc what do you ask the ? I wish i would’ve had some guidelines to walk this journey with even though everyone is different. I have a general understanding of the processes but don’t know what else i should be asking about.
The nursing staff and Dr. Provist are all great. It’s a busy clinic, but I do wish the doctor checked in more, even if it’s popping in for 5 seconds during an ultrasound to say hello.
We went straight to IUI (Letrozole and Ovidrel) as aid had failed timed cycles with clomid with a previous obgyn. I was placed on synthroid to try to lower my thyroid levels a bit more even though they were in normal range (history of thyroid issues). After 3 failed IUI’s with just Letrozole and Ovidrel we added 75iu of Gonal-f for 4 days for cycles 4 & 5 unfortunately with no success. I responded well to the meds. But after 5 failed cycles it was time to discuss next steps. I did have to go on Birth control to help with a couple cysts.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The lab work for my husband, and part of our IVF cycle is considered out of network for almost all insurances so check if you have any out of network coverage on your plan. They have package plans or a la cart options. And have a self pay discount so don’t let cost scare you off.
Initial semen analysis for husband $200-250 Lab work for husband each cycle $200 Beta Draw self pay option for results same day $100-$120 Lab work after processing brought insurance $10-$80 Meds $0-$300 ea for IUI cycle (the specialty pharmacy can ship overnight or within a couple days, they offer a self pay discount if you do not have prescription coverage) I have fully reviewed our statement to breakdown everything else (ultrasounds, procedures, etc)
Due to my age and not having a clear diagnosis she recommends only transferring 1 embryo the first time when we get to that step. We are not to this stage yet so her stance could change pending number of embryos we get and their quality.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Meredith Provost] seemed nice during office visits, but seemed to be hell bent on directing me toward IVF, and retrospectively, probably wasn't concerned with the success of my IUI cycles for this reason. One round of IVF (not including monitoring and meds) at this clinic cost 12,000.00. She was fairly new to the practice at the time I saw her, so I can speculate that maybe she needed some IVF procedures under her belt.
I spent around 3,000.00 on two rounds of IUI [at Indiana Fertility Institute], the second of which was completely botched, and most likely led to a miscarriage because I was prescribed Letrozole while pregnant... I called the clinic multiple times to set up a consultation appointment and nobody ever called me back. I noticed that the clinic was having a meet-and-greet with Dr. Provost, a new doctor at the practice, so I decided to show up. That's how I scheduled my initial consultation - but ended up with Dr. Provost, not Dr. Jarrett.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
As disclosed in the previous comment, I had a very bad experience with this doctor. I will never be able to shake the belief that the Letrozole I was given led to the miscarriage. I will never know for sure. She seemed nice during office visits, but seemed to be hell bent on directing me toward IVF, and retrospectively, probably wasn't concerned with the success of my IUI cycles for this reason. One round of IVF (not including monitoring and meds) at this clinic cost 12,000.00. She was fairly new to the practice at the time I saw her, so I can speculate that maybe she needed some IVF procedures under her belt.
Request results of all lab work and tests. Ask questions. Do your own research on any drugs prescribed.
After reading my FSH and AMH test results, I was told that we can try IUI, but it probably would not be successful. I was told that my only chance of getting pregnant was IVF. I was ushered into a room with a financial consultant who broke down the cost of IVF. IVF at this clinic is incredibly expensive, and fertility treatments are not covered by insurance in Indiana. After the first unsuccessful round of IUI, I took a cycle off (unbeknownst to me, I got pregnant naturally during this cycle). Then wanted to schedule another IUI after I started spotting and thought i had started my period. I was scheduled an appointment, and had a baseline ultrasound. I was prescribed Letrozole/Femara, which I took. I wish they had given me a blood test to ensure that I was not pregnant - which I believe is the protocol before starting Letrozole. The doctor was so convinced that I needed IVF and could "never conceive naturally" that she had convinced me as well. I was shocked when I started bleeding heavily and started to miscarry. I was between 6-8 weeks pregnant. I had been trying to conceive for three years at this point. I was completely devastated. I felt as if this doctor was interested in my money and not interested in my well being.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve due to my AMH and FSH test results. The doctor recommended IVF without trying any medicated cycles or IUI. I decided I wanted to try a few rounds of IUI first, because the idea of IVF was daunting, and it would be a financial strain on my husband and I. For the IUI cycles, I had monitoring (trans vaginal ultrasound), was prescribed Letrozole, and a trigger shot of HGH. First cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Then I took a cycle off. I never made it all the way through my second cycle. I was monitored at what I thought was the beginning of my cycle, given Letrozole, and when I came back in for a transvaginal ultrasound to measure uterine lining and follicle growth, the nurses literally could not find my uterus. So, they drew blood instead, and determined that I had already ovulated (at this point, they still didn't bother to run a pregnancy test). So, the second cycle was cancelled. A couple weeks later, I started bleeding heavily and passing clots. I finally took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I had been pregnant when given Letrozole during the second round, which may have caused my miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff were nice enough, but what really threw me was when I came in for my ultrasound after starting my second round of Letrozole and they could not find my uterus. They sent me upstairs for labs, but didn't bother to test for pregnancy at that point. They just determined that "I must have ovulated early" on the 8th or 9th day of my cycle, which would have been very early. That experience caused me to lose confidence in the nursing staff. So much that I have questioned whether or not my first IUI was done correctly.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I was initially referred to Dr. John Jarrett by my OB-GYN. I called the clinic multiple times to set up a consultation appointment and nobody ever called me back. I noticed that the clinic was having a meet-and-greet with Dr. Provost, a new doctor at the practice, so I decided to show up. That's how I scheduled my initial consultation - but ended up with Dr. Provost, not Dr. Jarrett. The treatments at this clinic are all very expensive, and for most if not all Indiana residents, it is all out of pocket, since insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments in Indiana. Since receiving treatment at this clinic, I've researched costs of other Indianapolis clinics, and this may be the most expensive one. Dr. Jarrett is highly regarded - so maybe that is why. But after my experience, I would not advise anyone to go there. I spent around 3,000.00 on two rounds of IUI, the second of which was completely botched, and most likely led to a miscarriage because I was prescribed Letrozole while pregnant.
I spent around $3,000.00 for one and a half rounds of IUI (the second round was botched and therefore cancelled).
No information to share.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute.
As described before, I was prescribed Letrozole while pregnant. This clinic did not test for pregnancy prior to administering the drug. On one occasion, the nurses could not locate my uterus, therefore couldn't measure uterine lining or follicles. Instead, they ordered labs and wrongfully determined that I had already ovulated (when I was actually pregnant).

Endometriosis, Unexplained
AMAZING. Super on top of scheduling. Very compassionate. We felt like they [Indiana Fertility Institute] really had our backs and truly cared for us....The only negative I will mention is that I received bills a year after our transfer that said we owed money (which we did not as everything has to be paid ahead of time or day of). I had to prove I made payments and it was a headache. They made it right in the end...but I should have never had to deal with it at all.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett was not only knowledgeable, but a great communicator and I always felt like I could trust his professional opinion. He always gave us the facts so we were prepared, but was gentle in his delivery- which is so important in our delicate situation. He called me on weekends to check in after surgeries, checked in with us at every appt, and even called in the evenings from his personal cell phone to go over our options. He is the reason we have our baby boy and we are forever grateful!
Trust this man! He has so many years of experience and has seen it all! We trusted him every step of the way and are so grateful we did.
From the first 10 minutes of the first meeting I knew we were in the right hands. He explained I most likely had endometriosis, and I was scheduled for surgery one month later! We had a plan and we were on the right track. Dr. Jarrett personally called me the Saturday after surgery and made sure I was feeling okay. He also called several times on his personal cell phone for evening consultations to answer all questions we had when pursuing IVF. I've never had that experience with any other Dr!
Our treatment started when Dr. Jarrett believed I had endometriosis. After surgery it was explained to me that I had a mild case, and that we could try for a few months to see if we could conceive on our own. When that didn't work, we tried a cycle with femara with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. Negative. We tried again with IUI. Negative. Dr. Jarrett called me one evening to discuss the next options. I asked him to be candid and give me the chances of another IUI cycle working. He explained that the chances were very low and that he would recommend IVF as the next step. We scheduled another call when my husband was home to discuss details. We decided that if we could come up with the funds we would go for it. Next came the huge box of meds, follicle monitoring, shots, hormones, trigger shots and egg retrieval! He was able to retrieve 11 eggs. 8 were fertilized and 4 made it to day 5. We then went forward with PGS testing. He had explained early on that if finances weren't an issue he would recommend that every time. This essentially shows which embryos have the best potential to implant (and helps to avoid miscarriage due to incorrect number of chromosomes). After testing we were left with 2 embryos that tested normal. (One boy and one girl!). We asked him to choose whichever he thought had the best chances. Our transfer was scheduled but then delayed because of a leftover cyst on my ovary. At the time I was so frustrated but grateful they were trying to give me the best chances. New transfer date was scheduled for July 27th. About 5-6 days later I couldn't resist and tested at home! The first positive test I have ever seen!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
AMAZING. Super on top of scheduling. Very compassionate. We felt like they really had our backs and truly cared for us.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The only negative I will mention is that I received bills a year after our transfer that said we owed money (which we did not as everything has to be paid ahead of time or day of). I had to prove I made payments and it was a headache. They made it right in the end...but I should have never had to deal with it at all. (It was an outside billing company they work with).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Was conducted locally since we are 2 hours away from his office.
Too much detail to list here...but our total cost with PGS and meds was around 25k
I appreciated that Dr. Jarrett explained that with PGS testing he would only recommend one - since our chances of conceiving were higher; but that ultimately it was our choice.
Carmel

I was super scared for my retrieval and [Dr.] provost just held my hand while the anesthesiologist put me under. She has always been straight to the point but in a kind and calm manner...She was kind and patient with my husband and I throughout the whole process. She managed my expectations but never lost hope...I live far away and often brought people with me to the appointments and she never once had any issue with it. She is nice and brilliant and caring and I would recommend her to anyone who was seeking.
I love Kate and Sarah [nurses at Indiana Fertility Institute] they were super helpful and very attentive...The people are great the answering service is terrible. I would really recommend they hire a phone nurse that did only that. I could only leave a message and wouldn't get a call back till 4 or 5pm no matter how early I called...The nurses could never find my ovaries on the ultrasound...We did IVF with ICSI because of male infertility...7 made it to day 5, 4 normal PGS tested embryos.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
She was kind and patient with my husband and I throughout the whole process. She managed my expectations but never lost hope. She held my hand when I was scared and gave me hugs when I needed them. I live far away and often brought people with me to the appointments and she never once had any issue with it. She is nice and brilliant and caring and I would recommend her to anyone who was seeking.
Be clear about your body. When things went wrong I had to suggest solutions and they were always considered.
The nurses could never find my ovaries on the ultrasound and Dr. Provost would come in immediately to help out. To the point where eventually they would just skip the nurses and have her do it from the get go. I was super scared for my retrieval and provost just held my hand while the anesthesiologist put me under. She has always been straight to the point but in a kind and calm manner.
We did IVF with ICSI because of male infertility. Not sure how to spell any of the medications.... Retrieval: Lopron, menupor, Ganarelix, HCG trigger shot. 13 eggs retrieved 10 fertilized, 7 made it to day 5, 4 normal PGS tested embryos. Transfer: Estrace, PIO, HCG trigger and progesterone suppositories. I am currently 5 Weeks and 4 days pregnant with my first ultrasound on Monday.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Sarah, Kate, Janet)
I love Kate and Sarah they were super helpful and very attentive. Janet and I did not mesh well. She is a little too religious for my comfort level and didn't answer my questions directly.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I have insurance that covers my treatments and medication up to 90% so far I have paid $2000
We are young and PGS tested our embryos so we decided that one would be a good amount for us.
Carmel

My experience with Dr. Provost has been better than I could have imagined. Her attentive care, attention to detail, honesty and compassion are top notch. I would return to her in a heartbeat if we were planning to seek future treatment...Dr. Provost patiently and carefully answered all of my questions...Dr. Provost is honest and manages expectations in a kind way. She is thorough, thoughtful, and patient when answering questions. She spoke to me like I was intelligent and could understand the science. She also held my hand prior to procedures and treated me with compassion. She made me feel like I was her only patient.
This clinic is professional, organized and staffed by excellent individuals who seem to genuinely care about your family and the success of your treatments. Dr. Jarrett is a very accomplished provider, but I found that Dr. Provost was actually the doctor who was the best fit for me and my situation. The two work hand-in-hand, though, so if your primary isn't available and a need arises, the other will step in and handle your care in the interim. The one area where the clinic could improve is in billing. Receiving invoices takes an extremely long time and the billing department isn't always responsive to inquiries about account balances. The clinic laboratory, on the other hand, is very efficient about billing.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Provost patiently and carefully answered all of my questions.
My retrieval protocol and my first frozen transfer were handled by my previous physician. I switched to Dr. Provost after suffering a miscarriage. Dr. Provost handled my D&C, then took over my care for my second frozen transfer. Medications used for that FET were Estradiol patches, PIO, Lovenox (a blood thinner to prevent clotting that could lead to miscarriage), and progesterone prometrium.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute are phenomenal. My primary interactions were with Sarah, Kate and Janet. All three offered compassionate care. They went above and beyond in calming my fears with a subsequent pregnancy following miscarriage. They're organized, responsive and have gone above and beyond in my care.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Jarrett] was sure to speak to us with complete honesty and give us all the information. He did not beat around the bush or leave anything out. We appreciated this very much. He called me when necessary even if it was a weekend and didn't leave me waiting. I wish I could have seen him in person more often...We began with metformin and testing, but metformin did not work for me and made me sick even with a strict diet. I was taken off of that and went through a laparoscopic procedure to remove some endometriosis and check everything else out.
The nurses and staff [at American Health Network] spoke to me by name and had smiles on their faces. They spoke warmly and with kindness and were there to answer any silly question I had/have...It is a wonderful clinic with lots of space. There are rooms to discuss to sign papers in and then also rooms for ultrasounds/examinations. I was able to just go upstairs to blood work and retrieval, and it was very smooth and easy. ..the nursing staff here is wonderful. I/We always feel loved and supported at every appointment. They answer any questions I/we have an make sure we are comfortable as possible with what is going on in the cycle.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He was sure to speak to us with complete honesty and give us all the information. He did not beat around the bush or leave anything out. We appreciated this very much. He called me when necessary even if it was a weekend and didn't leave me waiting. I wish I could have seen him in person more often.
The whole process is a roller coaster, so make sure you have people around you that can support you. The doctor and staff will do what they can, but they cannot be that person for every single patient they have.
The nurses and staff spoke to me by name and had smiles on their faces. They spoke warmly and with kindness and were there to answer any silly question I had/have. There is always the time here and there where you can feel like a number just because of the nature of being a fertility institute, they go through what you're going through with hundreds of patients. I felt very much like a human here though.
We began with metformin and testing, but metformin did not work for me and made me sick even with a strict diet. I was taken off of that and went through a laparoscopic procedure to remove some endometriosis and check everything else out. We were given the option of seeing a male fertility specialist as well but with not much of a push because there was a low likelihood of it helping. We were told IVF would really be our only option. Once hormone injections began, I had to up my doses because of lack of stimulation. We retrieved after 15 days of STIMS and ended up with 2 embryos that had to be frozen due to my high estradiol levels. We are waiting now for FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
The nursing staff here is wonderful. I/We always feel loved and supported at every appointment. They answer any questions I/we have an make sure we are comfortable as possible with what is going on in the cycle.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
It is a wonderful clinic with lots of space. There are rooms to discuss to sign papers in and then also rooms for ultrasounds/examinations. I was able to just go upstairs to blood work and retrieval, and it was very smooth and easy. I was also able to do my laparoscopic procedure just next door to the institute at a surgery center.
Our total cost after FET will be about $22,000.
We have no gotten to the point of discussing this step yet.

Unexplained, Other
Dr. Jarrett takes time to sit with us and explain what he thinks is going on. He always asks how I am doing and has concern over my mental and emotional well-being as well.... Dr. Jarrett came highly recommended to me. He is pretty blunt about what's going on and what he thinks the course of action should be. I really respect that he doesn't do repeated rounds of Letrozole or IUIs after the first couple fail, because he understands that the chances go down and you're just spending useless money. He takes time to answer questions and explain everything going on. He is a caring person who's goal is to achieve pregnancy.
The nursing staff here [at Indiana Fertility Institute] is absolutely phenomenal. They are caring and answer any questions you have, and help you through every step of the way. Each phone call I received from them felt like I was talking to a friend who was caring for me.... The clinic is very nice and clean. They are efficient - they get you in and out quickly. You do have to pay out of pocket for ultrasounds (about $300), but they do everything they can to bill any little thing they can to insurance to help save on costs for you. They understand the financial burden of infertility and do their best to minimize that.
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett has interesting mannerisms - first impression may be a little off-putting, but as the appointment progresses, you will see how knowledgeable and experienced he really is and you'll feel very comfortable with the plan he presents to you.
We started with 2 rounds of Letrozole/Ovidrill/intercourse/progesterone. Both produced great eggs but no pregnancy. After these two rounds, I had a laparoscopy to see if I had endometriosis,. I did not, so he told me to try for 3 months naturally to see if I would get pregnant. I did not, so we met with him again and he said that in the laparoscopy he noticed my fallopian tubes were very long, but didn't think that was the problem until after we didn't get pregnant naturally after the surgery. Now he thinks that may be the issue so we are trying an IUI this month.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff here is absolutely phenomenal. They are caring and answer any questions you have, and help you through every step of the way. Each phone call I received from them felt like I was talking to a friend who was caring for me.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Ultrasounds are around $300. They try to bill as much as they can to insurance, so if it's not marked as in infertility consultation, insurance covers it. For infertility consultation, appointments are about $120.
Carmel

I think he [Dr. Jarrett] actually understand how devastating this process is for people going through it. He is always trying to give you options and explain what he feels is going to give us the end result...He immediately told me to loose weight and put me on metformin for PCOS. He allowed us to try clomid for two months, and when it didn't work, he dug deeper into why this wasn't working after two natural pregnancies earlier in the year.
The clinic [John C. Jarrett II] is very clean and seems organized. The front desk staff is always friendly and easy to talk to. They are always understanding when we have questions and never seem annoyed or put off... They are ON TOP OF THINGS. They are always returning calls, faxing orders, etc. I never have to wonder if things will be taken care of or messages relayed to Dr. Jarrett. They are all so wonderful and caring, which was VERY important to me.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I've never felt more comfortable with a doctor. I think he actually understand how devastating this process is for people going through it. He is always trying to give you options and explain what he feels is going to give us the end result. I'm so happy that I switched over to his clinic. He's simply wonderful.
Trust him. He's incredibly intelligent.
He cares. TRULY cares about giving you what we all pray for every single day, and that's a baby. He's so intelligent and you can see in his eyes that he will do whatever it takes to get you to that end goal of becoming a parent.
He immediately told me to loose weight and put me on metformin for PCOS. He allowed us to try clomid for two months, and when it didn't work, he dug deeper into why this wasn't working after two natural pregnancies earlier in the year. One resulted in an ectopic and an early miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean and seems organized. The front desk staff is always friendly and easy to talk to. They are always understanding when we have questions and never seem annoyed or put off. The clinic is easy to get to, I love the location.
We haven't done a whole lot financially yet, so I can't answer this yet. We had spent a lot of money at the other doctor before we switched.
Carmel

He [Dr. John Jarrett] tells you like it is. He lets you know what to expect and will answer any questions you may have. He takes time to call you to discuss any treatments and what needs to happen next. He listens to you.... I had to go in to have my ovaries checked every few days to see how I was progressing and if they were seeing any issues. I was told that he wanted me to make 15 eggs, and that’s exactly how many I had for harvesting. We were called a few times to let us know how many eggs were mature, how many had fertilized and ultimately how many made it the 5 days. We went back 5 days later for the embryo transfer. We were told that we had a 50% chance of getting pregnant so decided to transfer 2 embryos, and found out a few short weeks later that we were able to keep both embryos. I was on progesterone for 10 weeks after the transfer day.
The clinic [Indiana Fertility Institute] has been around for a long time and you have one place to go for all of your procedures. The dr and nurses know what they are doing and are willing to help you in any way they can. ... It cost us, in 2016, between $18,000 and $20,000 to do an IVF treatment. That included all drugs and anything that they might have to do. Including fertilizing eggs and ICSI if needed. But the top number was the top number.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He tells you like it is. He lets you know what to expect and will answer any questions you may have. He takes time to call you to discuss any treatments and what needs to happen next. He listens to you.
Trust the process, he has been doing this a long time and I have met several people who he has been able to help and my husband and I are forever grateful for his help. We now have beautiful twin girls. He really knows what he is talking about.
The office was very good communicating and returning calls. And we received calls from the doctor himself, he cares about his patients.
I took a pill for our first IUI (Femara, I believe) I had one mature egg ready for the first IUI. Before second IUI he agreed to test my husbands sperm before hand to see if it would even be worthwhile to do another IUI. I was taking 2 pills per day the second time around which resulted in 3 mature eggs, although the IUI was unsuccessful again. He had us come in for a consult and told us that we needed to do IVF to have a real chance for children. My uterus was responding well but the sperm was just not able to get to the eggs. So we started our IVF journey, we ordered a large box of meds and needles and had an appointment with a nurse where she went thru what I would be taking and how to add some of the meds together and mix some others and which needle to use for what. I cannot remember all of the meds I took since it has been 3 yrs ago for my treatments, but I had to go in to have my ovaries checked every few days to see how I was progressing and if they were seeing any issues. I was told that he wanted me to make 15 eggs, and that’s exactly how many I had for harvesting. We were called a few times to let us know how many eggs were mature, how many had fertilized and ultimately how many made it the 5 days. We went back 5 days later for the embryo transfer. We were told that we had a 50% chance of getting pregnant so decided to transfer 2 embryos, and found out a few short weeks later that we were able to keep both embryos. I was on progesterone for 10 weeks after the transfer day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
The nursing staff was really good at calling you back and answering any questions you had.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The clinic has been around for a long time and you have one place to go for all of your procedures. The dr and nurses know what they are doing and are willing to help you in any way they can. Everyone has a different infertility experience, but I wouldn’t change ours. It wasn’t easy but it was definitely worth it. The only bad thing I would say would be just initially getting in for a consult took a few may 3 months. But after that it was just fine.
Our doctor would not transfer more than 2 embryos at a time.

1 IVF, Surrogacy
If you have to use a surrogate [with Dr. John Jarrett], they have to go through tests, as well as, you and your husband. They give you details at the consultation and then you have to wait 6 months for your husbands sperm to quarantine. If that’s the case it’ll take longer. You have to go through the egg retrieval and your surrogate also had to take meds so you both are on the same cycle. The retrieval happens and then you go from there with IVF.
Jami [a nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute- Indianapolis] was amazing! She was in top of it and always answered questions when we had them. She was the only one who showed compassion there.... We had to have a surrogate, so our costs were more. There was a clinic fee, separate medication fee, and IVF fee. Totaling $20,000.... Monitoring appts went well. Just wish they would’ve rescheduled the cycle if my eggs weren’t the best quality.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I feel like we were just pushed to the side. There was one nurse that was great but other than that I felt like things weren’t explained well and we got our hopes up. I know not every transfer works, but maybe we could’ve retried the process if they didn’t think that my eggs were good enough/mature.
Ask a lot of questions.
I was treated like a human during the egg retrieval process but after we lost the baby I felt like a number. No one called to check up on us. They just moved on to the next.
If you have to use a surrogate, they have to go through tests, as well as, you and your husband. They give you details at the consultation and then you have to wait 6 months for your husbands sperm to quarantine. If that’s the case it’ll take longer. You have to go through the egg retrieval and your surrogate also had to take meds so you both are on the same cycle. The retrieval happens and then you go from there with IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jami Olds)
Jami was amazing! She was in top of it and always answered questions when we had them. She was the only one who showed compassion there.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Strengths was the Nurse we had. Weaknesses were unclear communication with doctor. Also the costs of things without having a successful pregnancy. I would take advice from other people who have gone through this process.
He wanted to transfer one because he was very confident even though we didn’t have a successful pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute.
- we weren’t informed about the protocol and the testing that was supposed to go on with my husband’s sperm. - we weren’t told exactly what was going on all the time.

2011 - 2016
Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Jarrett is considered a PCOS expert in Indianapolis and one of the go-to fertility specialists.... I saw Dr. Jarrett frequently and felt like he knew my name and remembered my medical history.... I ended up with some immune issues that were impacting my ability to carry past the first trimester. I had specific questions for him about some medication, which was considered experimental. Months later, he personally called me to discuss because he had run across a medical study on that issue in a journal he read.
Dr. Jarrett's practice is small enough that I got to know the nurses during the early and midcycle ultrasound checks.... The nurses were all consistent in measuring follicle size during midcycle scans. There was some miscommunication/confusion about medication doses and getting the medication ordered in a timely fashion.... I appreciate the personal attention from this clinic and the way I felt recognized and known. I feel like there were occasionally some communication issues with the clinic but the issues weren't impossible to work through.
2011 - 2016
Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett is considered a PCOS expert in Indianapolis and one of the go-to fertility specialists. We originally chose Dr. Jarrett because we suspected that PCOS was one of our challenges. He was very good at treating the PCOS and three ovulation induction cycles (using Letrozole, Bravelle, Ovidrel), resulted in one miscarriage at 10 weeks and then our healthy baby girl. I felt like he was very knowledgeable and thorough in treating women with PCOS. After the first pregnancy, my body developed an autoimmune issue that affected my ability to carry past the first trimester. We continued seeing Dr. Jarrett for assistance/monitoring with ovulation induction. He and his staff were very good at getting the doses of medication correct and making adjustments as necessary. I felt like his nurses were consistent at doing the midcycle scans and pretty good at communicating the plan to me the same day. After experiencing three late first trimester losses in a row, I felt like Dr. Jarrett wasn't willing to explore the immune treatment protocol or coordinate with a RI out of Chicago. He wanted to keep trying to same protocol (Letrozole, Bravelle, Ovidrel) but I was growing frustrated with positive pregnancy tests that ended up as a D&C 6-10 weeks later. After going to another clinic for a fresh set of eyes, Dr. Jarrett called me several months later to discuss some medication that I asked him about in connection with an immune treatment protocol. I liked that he remembered our conversation and took my questions seriously enough to look into it. I was surprised that he called me. We were ultimately successful in getting a second baby (technically, through a different clinic) but are planning to try for a third baby. When we do, we will return to Dr. Jarrett because I appreciate how he knows and values his patients. The size of his office is just right for us.
Dr. Jarrett tends to be more direct, a bit blunt. He's not overly warm or sensitive. I suggest having your questions written down. Some people may feel intimidated by him. He likes being the smartest person in the room. I found that I felt that our appointments were the most productive when I went in with written questions.
Dr. Jarrett's practice is small enough that I got to know the nurses during the early and midcycle ultrasound checks. I saw Dr. Jarrett frequently and felt like he knew my name and remembered my medical history. After each of my three D&Cs with him, he personally called me a few days later to check in. I ended up with some immune issues that were impacting my ability to carry past the first trimester. I had specific questions for him about some medication, which was considered experimental. Months later, he personally called me to discuss because he had run across a medical study on that issue in a journal he read.
We did ovulation induction using Letrozole, Bravelle and a trigger with Ovidrel. My issue is PCOS/anovulation. I was also on Metformin to help with the insulin resistance component of PCOS, although my BMI is below-average. We also used Prometrium after ovulation to support progesterone levels. My body responded well to the dosages of Letrozole and Bravelle. We triggered between 2 and 4 mature follicles each cycle. We were successful 50% of the time with a positive pregnancy test but I had trouble maintaining past the first trimester due to immune issues that developed after my first successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nurses were all consistent in measuring follicle size during midcycle scans. There was some miscommunication/confusion about medication doses and getting the medication ordered in a timely fashion. Overall, I liked them and thought they did a good job.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The clinic was good at billing services to my insurance as "medical" whenever possible. The blood work and many of the ultrasounds were covered by insurance. There were labs, medication, tests that weren't covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute.
During one cycle, the nurse didn't draw enough blood to test my estrogen level, which ended up being an important part for determining how much medication to take that day during the treatment cycle. There was also one time (on a Saturday) where I missed the phone call from the nurse with my results and had trouble getting in touch with someone to hear about the dosage change for that day's medication.