Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
10610 North Pennsylvania
Indianapolis, IN 46280
317.575.6565
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Indiana Fertility Institute to a friend?

7.2

2 doctors
Anovulation, Unexplained
My husband and I both experienced this clinic [Indiana Fertility Institute] not calling us with lab results. My husband had to call the clinic to hear about his semen analysis, and I had to call in to ask about a testosterone level check; both were done in their in-house lab. I also experienced miscommunication about the clinic's procedures for their letrozole cycles. I was not given a baseline scan for my first round of letrozole, and when Dr. Jarrett and I decided to try a second round, he did not indicate that I needed to come in for a baseline scan on Cycle Days 1-4.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Strengths of this clinic include Dr. Jarrett's experience, his warmth, and his expertise. He did a great job with my laparoscopy, and I healed well. They also do have lots of openings for patient appointments, and tend to run their appointments on time. Weaknesses include communication of lab results to patients, as well as an apparent lack of communication among the staff (e.g. between Dr. Jarrett and his nurses, and nurses to each other). As a new patient, I'd want to know that I wouldn't be seeing Dr. Jarrett most of the time, and that I needed to keep tabs on the nurses to make sure I was getting the best care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
While I was with Dr. Jarrett himself, he was warm and treated me well. His office staff and nurses, however, often mixed me up with other patients or forgot to call me back, which made me feel like a number.
I was not a fan of the nursing staff at this clinic at all. While most of the nurses were kind and efficient, getting me in and out of appointments on time (a big strength!), I never felt as if someone was in charge of my care, and that their office was disorganized as a result. For example, there were two occasions during which my husband or I had had a test done (a semen analysis and a blood draw), and the office never called us with results...we just called them a week or so later. Additionally, there was not much communication regarding procedures; I was not told by Dr. Jarrett that I needed a baseline scan for my second round of letrozole (I hadn't had one for my first round), and I only found out I needed one when I spoke to a nurse. Then, the office didn't call me back when I tried to schedule one for the correct cycle day, so I just drove to the clinic and hoped they'd have an opening early in the morning. Overall, the clinic would do much better if each patient had one or two points of contact for their treatment.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett has quite a bit of experience and is respectful of people navigating the infertility journey. His strengths included his candidness, his warmth, and that he always seemed to have a "back up plan." His weakness, frankly, is his availability. He is only available a few days per week, and only in the afternoon, since he runs his lab in the morning and also runs a clinic in Illinois. I would have been much happier with my care at his clinic if he were more available to patients and managed their care in a more hands-on way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Be prepared to interact mainly with the nurses and office staff at this clinic. You won't see Dr. Jarrett much beyond your initial consultation, unless he's doing your surgery.
Describe the protocols John Jarrett used in your cycles at Indiana Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I was originally diagnosed with PCOS and came to Dr. Jarrett after 3 failed Clomid rounds. He looked at my ovaries, which did not appear polycystic on the ultrasound, and tested my AMH level. When my AMH came back normal, Dr. Jarrett suggested we move forward with letrozole and triggered ovulation, with intercourse at home. We tried this for three cycles total (took one cycle off because I had an ovarian cyst), and each hpt was negative. Because I had had a previous ectopic pregnancy, Dr. Jarrett suggested a laparoscopy to look for potential tube blockages and/or endometriosis. He performed the surgery, and everything came back normal. He moved our diagnosis to "unexplained infertility" and we are now looking at our first round of IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute.
I needed to pay for medications and for ultrasounds during my treatment. I also had to pay for surgery.
Describe John Jarrett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Indiana Fertility Institute.
I haven't discussed this with Dr. Jarrett.
Indianapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The nursing staff [at IN Fertility Institute-Indianapolis] were very kind and respectful. I think they knew just how delicate this situation is, especially after seeing so many women come through, wanting and fighting to become mothers. I felt that they were understanding and always willing to find answers to questions we had.... I believe the IUI was around $2500+. It was a package that included a number of things like injections, ultrasounds, sperm preparation, etc.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Overall, I think the clinic does a great job of making patients feel welcome and answering questions. You can call and most times get answers to questions at that time or they will call you back usually within 24 hours, if not sooner.
The nursing staff were very kind and respectful. I think they knew just how delicate this situation is, especially after seeing so many women come through, wanting and fighting to become mothers. I felt that they were understanding and always willing to find answers to questions we had.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Whenever we (me and my husband) sat down with Dr. Jarrett, I felt as though he really listened and actually cared. I felt like he really was passionate and positive about finding a way to get us pregnant. I, of course, was very emotional and he was compassionate and understanding. He gave us some hope. We weren't successful with our IUI, but he recommended we do IVF. We are in the process of figuring out how to afford it, but he made us feel like for once we may have a chance of being parents. He seems to always have a plan and he's ready to put it into effect as soon as you are. Also, as a woman, I have never really felt comfortable with male doctors. Dr. Jarrett definitely made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would for sure recommend him to others.
I would just tell them to be honest and give as much information as you can. This will help him determine the best course of action and hopefully speed up the process for you.
I had 4 treatments of clomid and shots before I came to Dr. Jarrett. Those were not successful. I then went to see Dr. Jarrett. We sat down for a consultation and went over future options. He thought it would be best to try IUI (insemination) first. I suffer from PCOS and my husband has some issues as well. While the specifics, right now, have left me, I do remember taking some medicine prior to the IUI, going in to check my follicles through ultrasound, and then once I was ready, having the IUI procedure. I was told to take it easy and take progesterone. After a certain amount of time, I was allowed to take a pregnancy test. While this was unsuccessful, Dr. Jarrett did meet with us after to follow up on the next steps, which will involve IVF.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
If you call to set up an appointment [at Indiana Fertility Institute] the number you try to reach a receptionist will only take you to voicemail and they won’t call back. I suggest calling the nurse line and someone will call you back that way.... For IVF: $12,500 for out of pocket fresh round including everything (even ICSI). In addition: meds ($4-7k), anesthesia ($460), PGS testing, donor egg/sperm, surrogate, etc
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
If you call to set up an appointment, the number you try to reach a receptionist will only take you to voicemail and they won’t call back. I suggest calling the nurse line and someone will call you back that way.
Love most of the staff there. Office staff is not always great. But nurses and Dr Jarrett are amazing!
The nurses are great. They have a shortage with 2 on maternity leave currently, otherwise great!
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
The truth-I took one of his yoga classes before I even scheduled an appointment with him. Haha! Someone told me he is an awesome RE and a yoga instructor so I took a class of his to see if I liked his vibe. He is truly amazing. He has gray hair and a little pony tail that helps explain his down to earth, calm, compassionate personality. He has called me personally on multiple occasions and truly cares. His presence is very calming...like you’re talking to your dad or grandpa. He really has a passion to help us get pregnant. He was the first doctor that I feel like took me seriously and was ready to rock ‘n roll and get this process moving along. In the process of my first IVF with him and so far so good!
Just go meet with him. You’ll instantly feel heard and like you’re in good hands.
Current protocol- Birth control last pill 9/21/18 5 vials 75 Menopur + 1 Saline in AM, started 9/24 and go in 9/29 for an ultrasound. Will likely start 1 ganirelix per day for 5 days and continue Menopur, then Lupron and novadrel trigger then retrieval around 10/5 and transfer around 10/10-if we are able to do a fresh transfer. Progesterone in oil (10/day) and estrace (2mg/day) after.
For IVF: $12,500 for out of pocket fresh round including everything (even ICSI). In addition: meds ($4-7k), anesthesia ($460), PGS testing, donor egg/sperm, surrogate, etc.
I will only have 1 transferred due to the size of my uterus (I have 1/2 the normal size uterus with only one functioning ovary).

Endometriosis, Unexplained
The location [for Indiana Fertility Institute] is very easy to get to from the highway. The waiting room is very comfortable. They are not the only business there so sometimes parking could be difficult. The biggest weakness in my opinion is their phone system. Rarely do they answer the phone... The nurses are very kind and seem to do their jobs well.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The location is very easy to get to from the highway. The waiting room is very comfortable. They are not the only business there so sometimes parking could be difficult. The biggest weakness in my opinion is their phone system. Rarely do they answer the phone
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
When I would go into clinic it was never like I was waitin for my number to be called. It felt more personal. When we have time to sit with Dr. provost she seems to care and be sincere. With us money is a huge deal. Dr.ppProvost and her staff try their best to give us as many options before jumping into very expensive persedures.
The nurses are very kind and seem to do their jobs well.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
There are lots of great thing about Dr. Provost, she is a very positive doctor. She makes us feel confident about our situation every time we visit. She is strait forward and dose not beat around the bush. The only thing I can really complain is about communication. Very rarely dose her staff actually answer the phone. We always have to leave messages and wait on call backs. As a working class couple that can be extremely inconvenient. If we don’t get to the phone on time we have to call back leave message and start the wait again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr provost offered free egg reserve screening. Or at least she did to us as a way to get new clients into her clinic. When dealing with fertility treatment anything you can get is extremely helpful. They try to use the insurance you already have to cover some if any of your procedures. Which when dealing with this that can help your financial state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute.
I do not remember exact numbers but I have spent about $7000.00 which include 3 IUI and meds. Also an upcoming surgery that was not completely covered byinsurance

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff [Indiana Fertility Institute] is amazing and i would not change a thing there, aside from the billing coordinator. The billing coordinator is not the best as she doesn’t have the best bedside manner. She also does not send anything through email, and I prefer to have electronic copies.... The nurses for the donor program are AMAZING. I could email them or call and knew I would get an answer very quickly. When meeting with them in person, they were so kind and caring.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The staff is amazing and i would not change a thing there, aside from the billing coordinator. The billing coordinator is not the best as she doesn’t have the best bedside manner. She also does not send anything through email, and I prefer to have electronic copies. I would love if they had a patient portal online to be able to look at notes from my past visits, and see billing/payment history.
The personal care was very good. Dr. Jarrett and his team always made me feel like family and were always very sensitive in the appropriate scenarios.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett is very good at what he does. Every time we were there, he was very honest, yet very compassionate at the same time. He has to give people horrible news and wonderful news and he never knows how the reaction is going to go, and can always respond appropriately.
Not to expect super warm and fuzzy, but to know you are getting the best in the state. He is the master of his craft.
The first test he ever did was to see what my AMH was. Once he found out how low it was, he knew that if we wanted to be pregnant, we would need to go get donor route. He also knew that for my own sanity, i needed to at least try with my own eggs. He was supportive when we decided to move forward with our own eggs and IFV. When that did not succeed, he told me he would get me pregnant with a donor. We have had one unsuccessful attempt with 6 great looking frozen embryos, and I am confident that I will be pregnant this year.
$25,000 each time. $2100to thaw frozen embryos.
He recommends one embryo at a time, but will ultimately do what the patient wants (not more than 2).
Indianapolis

A strength is the affordability. It seems to be more affordable then other clinics with IUI only being $300 and ultrasounds are $150. Also, they send prescriptions to the pharmacy they find to be the cheapest so when I did follistim which is very pricey it was $400. ... The nursing staff was so kind. They were meant to work in this field for sure. Some have actually been through this so they can relate to what I’m going through.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
A strength is the affordability. It seems to be more affordable then other clinics with IUI only being $300 and ultrasounds are $150. Also, they send prescriptions to the pharmacy they find to be the cheapest so when I did follistim which is very pricey it was $400. It’s still very expensive but when you’re paying out of pocket anything helps. The weekness would be that with it being on the north side there’s a lot of traffic but the clinic can not control that. My too big musts for a fertility doctor is knowledge and pricing and they have both. But also be prepared bc even though it is more affordable it adds up but if you have a HSA account you can use it to help with costs.
Dr. John Jarret has been nothing short of a blessing to us. He has been a light through this whole process. Even though we have not achieved pregnancy, John has always been there to call us and check in on how we are doing. He continues to stay positive And reassures is that he will not stop trying to help us achieve our dream of having a big family someday.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
John Jarrett is a very personable person. He’s easy to talk to and listens. He’s very open to any treatment you might want to try and he is very knowledgeable. He really lets you take charge of your treatment. If there something you don’t want to do then he doesn’t push it and he will come up with another route. He’s very informative and also extremely empathetic. He really doesn’t have any flaws and I feel really lucky that I made the decision to seek out more help from him and his team.
Do a little bit of research before you go. Dr. Jarrett is very open to anything you want to try and also ask lots of questions.
When I first saw Dr. Jarrett he started me on metformin to help regulate cycles. When that didn’t work he added 7.5mg letrozole for days 3-7 and then we did follistim 75 day 7-9 (8f I remember well) then on day 12 I had an ultrasound to check follicles and then I would plan to trigger at home then come back about a day and a half later for IUI and then start progesterone shortly after IUI. Then since I did follistim they had to do a blood pregnancy test which were negative. So now we are in the middle of a break but will try it again bc it’s cheaper than IVF.
I think overall so far we have paid about $2500 dollars. Prices include two IUI, 5 ultrasounds, medications, consultation, sperm analysis and prep for insemination.
No comments.
Indianapolis

The lab work for my husband, and part of our IVF cycle [at Indiana Fertility Institute] is considered out of network for almost all insurances so check if you have any out of network coverage on your plan. They have package plans or a la cart options. And have a self pay discount so don’t let cost scare you off.... Everyone I’ve dealt with seems very compassionate to the patients struggle. Seems understand the highs and lows and emotional toll it takes on the patients.
European, Native American, Other
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The lab work for my husband, and part of our IVF cycle is considered out of network for almost all insurances so check if you have any out of network coverage on your plan. They have package plans or a la cart options. And have a self pay discount so don’t let cost scare you off.
The nursing staff and Dr. Provist are all great. It’s a busy clinic, but I do wish the doctor checked in more, even if it’s popping in for 5 seconds during an ultrasound to say hello.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Infertility can be overwhelming to deal with. I do wish she would maybe have a list of FAQs toncover with patients who aren’t sure what to ask. She’s very kind and truly seemed baffled with our failed IUIs as It’s unexplained infertility and no known cause for our issues. She listened when i wanted to do a more medicated cycle and gave it a couple tries before saying we needed to discuss next steps.
As overwhelming as it all is try to come with questions. I didn’t really know what to ask. And after everything came back normal it was confusing bc what do you ask the ? I wish i would’ve had some guidelines to walk this journey with even though everyone is different. I have a general understanding of the processes but don’t know what else i should be asking about.
Describe the protocols Meredith Provost used in your cycles at Indiana Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We went straight to IUI (Letrozole and Ovidrel) as aid had failed timed cycles with clomid with a previous obgyn. I was placed on synthroid to try to lower my thyroid levels a bit more even though they were in normal range (history of thyroid issues). After 3 failed IUI’s with just Letrozole and Ovidrel we added 75iu of Gonal-f for 4 days for cycles 4 & 5 unfortunately with no success. I responded well to the meds. But after 5 failed cycles it was time to discuss next steps. I did have to go on Birth control to help with a couple cysts.
Initial semen analysis for husband $200-250 Lab work for husband each cycle $200 Beta Draw self pay option for results same day $100-$120 Lab work after processing brought insurance $10-$80 Meds $0-$300 ea for IUI cycle (the specialty pharmacy can ship overnight or within a couple days, they offer a self pay discount if you do not have prescription coverage) I have fully reviewed our statement to breakdown everything else (ultrasounds, procedures, etc)
Describe Meredith Provost's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Due to my age and not having a clear diagnosis she recommends only transferring 1 embryo the first time when we get to that step. We are not to this stage yet so her stance could change pending number of embryos we get and their quality.
Indianapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I spent around 3,000.00 on two rounds of IUI [at Indiana Fertility Institute], the second of which was completely botched, and most likely led to a miscarriage because I was prescribed Letrozole while pregnant... I called the clinic multiple times to set up a consultation appointment and nobody ever called me back. I noticed that the clinic was having a meet-and-greet with Dr. Provost, a new doctor at the practice, so I decided to show up. That's how I scheduled my initial consultation - but ended up with Dr. Provost, not Dr. Jarrett.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I was initially referred to Dr. John Jarrett by my OB-GYN. I called the clinic multiple times to set up a consultation appointment and nobody ever called me back. I noticed that the clinic was having a meet-and-greet with Dr. Provost, a new doctor at the practice, so I decided to show up. That's how I scheduled my initial consultation - but ended up with Dr. Provost, not Dr. Jarrett. The treatments at this clinic are all very expensive, and for most if not all Indiana residents, it is all out of pocket, since insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments in Indiana. Since receiving treatment at this clinic, I've researched costs of other Indianapolis clinics, and this may be the most expensive one. Dr. Jarrett is highly regarded - so maybe that is why. But after my experience, I would not advise anyone to go there. I spent around 3,000.00 on two rounds of IUI, the second of which was completely botched, and most likely led to a miscarriage because I was prescribed Letrozole while pregnant.
After reading my FSH and AMH test results, I was told that we can try IUI, but it probably would not be successful. I was told that my only chance of getting pregnant was IVF. I was ushered into a room with a financial consultant who broke down the cost of IVF. IVF at this clinic is incredibly expensive, and fertility treatments are not covered by insurance in Indiana. After the first unsuccessful round of IUI, I took a cycle off (unbeknownst to me, I got pregnant naturally during this cycle). Then wanted to schedule another IUI after I started spotting and thought i had started my period. I was scheduled an appointment, and had a baseline ultrasound. I was prescribed Letrozole/Femara, which I took. I wish they had given me a blood test to ensure that I was not pregnant - which I believe is the protocol before starting Letrozole. The doctor was so convinced that I needed IVF and could "never conceive naturally" that she had convinced me as well. I was shocked when I started bleeding heavily and started to miscarry. I was between 6-8 weeks pregnant. I had been trying to conceive for three years at this point. I was completely devastated. I felt as if this doctor was interested in my money and not interested in my well being.
The nursing staff were nice enough, but what really threw me was when I came in for my ultrasound after starting my second round of Letrozole and they could not find my uterus. They sent me upstairs for labs, but didn't bother to test for pregnancy at that point. They just determined that "I must have ovulated early" on the 8th or 9th day of my cycle, which would have been very early. That experience caused me to lose confidence in the nursing staff. So much that I have questioned whether or not my first IUI was done correctly.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
As disclosed in the previous comment, I had a very bad experience with this doctor. I will never be able to shake the belief that the Letrozole I was given led to the miscarriage. I will never know for sure. She seemed nice during office visits, but seemed to be hell bent on directing me toward IVF, and retrospectively, probably wasn't concerned with the success of my IUI cycles for this reason. One round of IVF (not including monitoring and meds) at this clinic cost 12,000.00. She was fairly new to the practice at the time I saw her, so I can speculate that maybe she needed some IVF procedures under her belt.
Request results of all lab work and tests. Ask questions. Do your own research on any drugs prescribed.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve due to my AMH and FSH test results. The doctor recommended IVF without trying any medicated cycles or IUI. I decided I wanted to try a few rounds of IUI first, because the idea of IVF was daunting, and it would be a financial strain on my husband and I. For the IUI cycles, I had monitoring (trans vaginal ultrasound), was prescribed Letrozole, and a trigger shot of HGH. First cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Then I took a cycle off. I never made it all the way through my second cycle. I was monitored at what I thought was the beginning of my cycle, given Letrozole, and when I came back in for a transvaginal ultrasound to measure uterine lining and follicle growth, the nurses literally could not find my uterus. So, they drew blood instead, and determined that I had already ovulated (at this point, they still didn't bother to run a pregnancy test). So, the second cycle was cancelled. A couple weeks later, I started bleeding heavily and passing clots. I finally took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I had been pregnant when given Letrozole during the second round, which may have caused my miscarriage.
I spent around $3,000.00 for one and a half rounds of IUI (the second round was botched and therefore cancelled).
No information to share.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
AMAZING. Super on top of scheduling. Very compassionate. We felt like they [Indiana Fertility Institute] really had our backs and truly cared for us....The only negative I will mention is that I received bills a year after our transfer that said we owed money (which we did not as everything has to be paid ahead of time or day of). I had to prove I made payments and it was a headache. They made it right in the end...but I should have never had to deal with it at all.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The only negative I will mention is that I received bills a year after our transfer that said we owed money (which we did not as everything has to be paid ahead of time or day of). I had to prove I made payments and it was a headache. They made it right in the end...but I should have never had to deal with it at all. (It was an outside billing company they work with).
From the first 10 minutes of the first meeting I knew we were in the right hands. He explained I most likely had endometriosis, and I was scheduled for surgery one month later! We had a plan and we were on the right track. Dr. Jarrett personally called me the Saturday after surgery and made sure I was feeling okay. He also called several times on his personal cell phone for evening consultations to answer all questions we had when pursuing IVF. I've never had that experience with any other Dr!
AMAZING. Super on top of scheduling. Very compassionate. We felt like they really had our backs and truly cared for us.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett was not only knowledgeable, but a great communicator and I always felt like I could trust his professional opinion. He always gave us the facts so we were prepared, but was gentle in his delivery- which is so important in our delicate situation. He called me on weekends to check in after surgeries, checked in with us at every appt, and even called in the evenings from his personal cell phone to go over our options. He is the reason we have our baby boy and we are forever grateful!
Trust this man! He has so many years of experience and has seen it all! We trusted him every step of the way and are so grateful we did.
Our treatment started when Dr. Jarrett believed I had endometriosis. After surgery it was explained to me that I had a mild case, and that we could try for a few months to see if we could conceive on our own. When that didn't work, we tried a cycle with femara with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. Negative. We tried again with IUI. Negative. Dr. Jarrett called me one evening to discuss the next options. I asked him to be candid and give me the chances of another IUI cycle working. He explained that the chances were very low and that he would recommend IVF as the next step. We scheduled another call when my husband was home to discuss details. We decided that if we could come up with the funds we would go for it. Next came the huge box of meds, follicle monitoring, shots, hormones, trigger shots and egg retrieval! He was able to retrieve 11 eggs. 8 were fertilized and 4 made it to day 5. We then went forward with PGS testing. He had explained early on that if finances weren't an issue he would recommend that every time. This essentially shows which embryos have the best potential to implant (and helps to avoid miscarriage due to incorrect number of chromosomes). After testing we were left with 2 embryos that tested normal. (One boy and one girl!). We asked him to choose whichever he thought had the best chances. Our transfer was scheduled but then delayed because of a leftover cyst on my ovary. At the time I was so frustrated but grateful they were trying to give me the best chances. New transfer date was scheduled for July 27th. About 5-6 days later I couldn't resist and tested at home! The first positive test I have ever seen!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Was conducted locally since we are 2 hours away from his office.
Too much detail to list here...but our total cost with PGS and meds was around 25k
I appreciated that Dr. Jarrett explained that with PGS testing he would only recommend one - since our chances of conceiving were higher; but that ultimately it was our choice.
Indianapolis

I love Kate and Sarah [nurses at Indiana Fertility Institute] they were super helpful and very attentive...The people are great the answering service is terrible. I would really recommend they hire a phone nurse that did only that. I could only leave a message and wouldn't get a call back till 4 or 5pm no matter how early I called...The nurses could never find my ovaries on the ultrasound...We did IVF with ICSI because of male infertility...7 made it to day 5, 4 normal PGS tested embryos.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The nurses could never find my ovaries on the ultrasound and Dr. Provost would come in immediately to help out. To the point where eventually they would just skip the nurses and have her do it from the get go. I was super scared for my retrieval and provost just held my hand while the anesthesiologist put me under. She has always been straight to the point but in a kind and calm manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Sarah, Kate, Janet)
I love Kate and Sarah they were super helpful and very attentive. Janet and I did not mesh well. She is a little too religious for my comfort level and didn't answer my questions directly.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
She was kind and patient with my husband and I throughout the whole process. She managed my expectations but never lost hope. She held my hand when I was scared and gave me hugs when I needed them. I live far away and often brought people with me to the appointments and she never once had any issue with it. She is nice and brilliant and caring and I would recommend her to anyone who was seeking.
Be clear about your body. When things went wrong I had to suggest solutions and they were always considered.
We did IVF with ICSI because of male infertility. Not sure how to spell any of the medications.... Retrieval: Lopron, menupor, Ganarelix, HCG trigger shot. 13 eggs retrieved 10 fertilized, 7 made it to day 5, 4 normal PGS tested embryos. Transfer: Estrace, PIO, HCG trigger and progesterone suppositories. I am currently 5 Weeks and 4 days pregnant with my first ultrasound on Monday.
I have insurance that covers my treatments and medication up to 90% so far I have paid $2000
We are young and PGS tested our embryos so we decided that one would be a good amount for us.
Indianapolis

This clinic is professional, organized and staffed by excellent individuals who seem to genuinely care about your family and the success of your treatments. Dr. Jarrett is a very accomplished provider, but I found that Dr. Provost was actually the doctor who was the best fit for me and my situation. The two work hand-in-hand, though, so if your primary isn't available and a need arises, the other will step in and handle your care in the interim. The one area where the clinic could improve is in billing. Receiving invoices takes an extremely long time and the billing department isn't always responsive to inquiries about account balances. The clinic laboratory, on the other hand, is very efficient about billing.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Dr. Provost is honest and manages expectations in a kind way. She is thorough, thoughtful, and patient when answering questions. She spoke to me like I was intelligent and could understand the science. She also held my hand prior to procedures and treated me with compassion. She made me feel like I was her only patient.
The nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute are phenomenal. My primary interactions were with Sarah, Kate and Janet. All three offered compassionate care. They went above and beyond in calming my fears with a subsequent pregnancy following miscarriage. They're organized, responsive and have gone above and beyond in my care.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
My experience with Dr. Provost has been better than I could have imagined. Her attentive care, attention to detail, honesty and compassion are top notch. I would return to her in a heartbeat if we were planning to seek future treatment.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Provost patiently and carefully answered all of my questions.
My retrieval protocol and my first frozen transfer were handled by my previous physician. I switched to Dr. Provost after suffering a miscarriage. Dr. Provost handled my D&C, then took over my care for my second frozen transfer. Medications used for that FET were Estradiol patches, PIO, Lovenox (a blood thinner to prevent clotting that could lead to miscarriage), and progesterone prometrium.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
The nurses and staff [at American Health Network] spoke to me by name and had smiles on their faces. They spoke warmly and with kindness and were there to answer any silly question I had/have...It is a wonderful clinic with lots of space. There are rooms to discuss to sign papers in and then also rooms for ultrasounds/examinations. I was able to just go upstairs to blood work and retrieval, and it was very smooth and easy. ..the nursing staff here is wonderful. I/We always feel loved and supported at every appointment. They answer any questions I/we have an make sure we are comfortable as possible with what is going on in the cycle.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
It is a wonderful clinic with lots of space. There are rooms to discuss to sign papers in and then also rooms for ultrasounds/examinations. I was able to just go upstairs to blood work and retrieval, and it was very smooth and easy. I was also able to do my laparoscopic procedure just next door to the institute at a surgery center.
The nurses and staff spoke to me by name and had smiles on their faces. They spoke warmly and with kindness and were there to answer any silly question I had/have. There is always the time here and there where you can feel like a number just because of the nature of being a fertility institute, they go through what you're going through with hundreds of patients. I felt very much like a human here though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
The nursing staff here is wonderful. I/We always feel loved and supported at every appointment. They answer any questions I/we have an make sure we are comfortable as possible with what is going on in the cycle.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He was sure to speak to us with complete honesty and give us all the information. He did not beat around the bush or leave anything out. We appreciated this very much. He called me when necessary even if it was a weekend and didn't leave me waiting. I wish I could have seen him in person more often.
The whole process is a roller coaster, so make sure you have people around you that can support you. The doctor and staff will do what they can, but they cannot be that person for every single patient they have.
We began with metformin and testing, but metformin did not work for me and made me sick even with a strict diet. I was taken off of that and went through a laparoscopic procedure to remove some endometriosis and check everything else out. We were given the option of seeing a male fertility specialist as well but with not much of a push because there was a low likelihood of it helping. We were told IVF would really be our only option. Once hormone injections began, I had to up my doses because of lack of stimulation. We retrieved after 15 days of STIMS and ended up with 2 embryos that had to be frozen due to my high estradiol levels. We are waiting now for FET.
Our total cost after FET will be about $22,000.
We have no gotten to the point of discussing this step yet.

Other, Unexplained
The nursing staff here [at Indiana Fertility Institute] is absolutely phenomenal. They are caring and answer any questions you have, and help you through every step of the way. Each phone call I received from them felt like I was talking to a friend who was caring for me.... The clinic is very nice and clean. They are efficient - they get you in and out quickly. You do have to pay out of pocket for ultrasounds (about $300), but they do everything they can to bill any little thing they can to insurance to help save on costs for you. They understand the financial burden of infertility and do their best to minimize that.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Dr. Jarrett takes time to sit with us and explain what he thinks is going on. He always asks how I am doing and has concern over my mental and emotional well-being as well.
The nursing staff here is absolutely phenomenal. They are caring and answer any questions you have, and help you through every step of the way. Each phone call I received from them felt like I was talking to a friend who was caring for me.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett came highly recommended to me. He is pretty blunt about what's going on and what he thinks the course of action should be. I really respect that he doesn't do repeated rounds of Letrozole or IUIs after the first couple fail, because he understands that the chances go down and you're just spending useless money. He takes time to answer questions and explain everything going on. He is a caring person who's goal is to achieve pregnancy.
Dr. Jarrett has interesting mannerisms - first impression may be a little off-putting, but as the appointment progresses, you will see how knowledgeable and experienced he really is and you'll feel very comfortable with the plan he presents to you.
We started with 2 rounds of Letrozole/Ovidrill/intercourse/progesterone. Both produced great eggs but no pregnancy. After these two rounds, I had a laparoscopy to see if I had endometriosis,. I did not, so he told me to try for 3 months naturally to see if I would get pregnant. I did not, so we met with him again and he said that in the laparoscopy he noticed my fallopian tubes were very long, but didn't think that was the problem until after we didn't get pregnant naturally after the surgery. Now he thinks that may be the issue so we are trying an IUI this month.
Ultrasounds are around $300. They try to bill as much as they can to insurance, so if it's not marked as in infertility consultation, insurance covers it. For infertility consultation, appointments are about $120.
Indianapolis

The clinic [John C. Jarrett II] is very clean and seems organized. The front desk staff is always friendly and easy to talk to. They are always understanding when we have questions and never seem annoyed or put off... They are ON TOP OF THINGS. They are always returning calls, faxing orders, etc. I never have to wonder if things will be taken care of or messages relayed to Dr. Jarrett. They are all so wonderful and caring, which was VERY important to me.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean and seems organized. The front desk staff is always friendly and easy to talk to. They are always understanding when we have questions and never seem annoyed or put off. The clinic is easy to get to, I love the location.
He cares. TRULY cares about giving you what we all pray for every single day, and that's a baby. He's so intelligent and you can see in his eyes that he will do whatever it takes to get you to that end goal of becoming a parent.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I've never felt more comfortable with a doctor. I think he actually understand how devastating this process is for people going through it. He is always trying to give you options and explain what he feels is going to give us the end result. I'm so happy that I switched over to his clinic. He's simply wonderful.
Trust him. He's incredibly intelligent.
He immediately told me to loose weight and put me on metformin for PCOS. He allowed us to try clomid for two months, and when it didn't work, he dug deeper into why this wasn't working after two natural pregnancies earlier in the year. One resulted in an ectopic and an early miscarriage.
We haven't done a whole lot financially yet, so I can't answer this yet. We had spent a lot of money at the other doctor before we switched.

1 IVF, Surrogacy
Jami [a nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute- Indianapolis] was amazing! She was in top of it and always answered questions when we had them. She was the only one who showed compassion there.... We had to have a surrogate, so our costs were more. There was a clinic fee, separate medication fee, and IVF fee. Totaling $20,000.... Monitoring appts went well. Just wish they would’ve rescheduled the cycle if my eggs weren’t the best quality.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Strengths was the Nurse we had. Weaknesses were unclear communication with doctor. Also the costs of things without having a successful pregnancy. I would take advice from other people who have gone through this process.
I was treated like a human during the egg retrieval process but after we lost the baby I felt like a number. No one called to check up on us. They just moved on to the next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jami Olds)
Jami was amazing! She was in top of it and always answered questions when we had them. She was the only one who showed compassion there.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I feel like we were just pushed to the side. There was one nurse that was great but other than that I felt like things weren’t explained well and we got our hopes up. I know not every transfer works, but maybe we could’ve retried the process if they didn’t think that my eggs were good enough/mature.
Ask a lot of questions.
If you have to use a surrogate, they have to go through tests, as well as, you and your husband. They give you details at the consultation and then you have to wait 6 months for your husbands sperm to quarantine. If that’s the case it’ll take longer. You have to go through the egg retrieval and your surrogate also had to take meds so you both are on the same cycle. The retrieval happens and then you go from there with IVF.
He wanted to transfer one because he was very confident even though we didn’t have a successful pregnancy.

2011 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological
Dr. Jarrett's practice is small enough that I got to know the nurses during the early and midcycle ultrasound checks.... The nurses were all consistent in measuring follicle size during midcycle scans. There was some miscommunication/confusion about medication doses and getting the medication ordered in a timely fashion.... I appreciate the personal attention from this clinic and the way I felt recognized and known. I feel like there were occasionally some communication issues with the clinic but the issues weren't impossible to work through.
2011 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Dr. Jarrett's practice is small enough that I got to know the nurses during the early and midcycle ultrasound checks. I saw Dr. Jarrett frequently and felt like he knew my name and remembered my medical history. After each of my three D&Cs with him, he personally called me a few days later to check in. I ended up with some immune issues that were impacting my ability to carry past the first trimester. I had specific questions for him about some medication, which was considered experimental. Months later, he personally called me to discuss because he had run across a medical study on that issue in a journal he read.
The nurses were all consistent in measuring follicle size during midcycle scans. There was some miscommunication/confusion about medication doses and getting the medication ordered in a timely fashion. Overall, I liked them and thought they did a good job.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett is considered a PCOS expert in Indianapolis and one of the go-to fertility specialists. We originally chose Dr. Jarrett because we suspected that PCOS was one of our challenges. He was very good at treating the PCOS and three ovulation induction cycles (using Letrozole, Bravelle, Ovidrel), resulted in one miscarriage at 10 weeks and then our healthy baby girl. I felt like he was very knowledgeable and thorough in treating women with PCOS. After the first pregnancy, my body developed an autoimmune issue that affected my ability to carry past the first trimester. We continued seeing Dr. Jarrett for assistance/monitoring with ovulation induction. He and his staff were very good at getting the doses of medication correct and making adjustments as necessary. I felt like his nurses were consistent at doing the midcycle scans and pretty good at communicating the plan to me the same day. After experiencing three late first trimester losses in a row, I felt like Dr. Jarrett wasn't willing to explore the immune treatment protocol or coordinate with a RI out of Chicago. He wanted to keep trying to same protocol (Letrozole, Bravelle, Ovidrel) but I was growing frustrated with positive pregnancy tests that ended up as a D&C 6-10 weeks later. After going to another clinic for a fresh set of eyes, Dr. Jarrett called me several months later to discuss some medication that I asked him about in connection with an immune treatment protocol. I liked that he remembered our conversation and took my questions seriously enough to look into it. I was surprised that he called me. We were ultimately successful in getting a second baby (technically, through a different clinic) but are planning to try for a third baby. When we do, we will return to Dr. Jarrett because I appreciate how he knows and values his patients. The size of his office is just right for us.
Dr. Jarrett tends to be more direct, a bit blunt. He's not overly warm or sensitive. I suggest having your questions written down. Some people may feel intimidated by him. He likes being the smartest person in the room. I found that I felt that our appointments were the most productive when I went in with written questions.
We did ovulation induction using Letrozole, Bravelle and a trigger with Ovidrel. My issue is PCOS/anovulation. I was also on Metformin to help with the insulin resistance component of PCOS, although my BMI is below-average. We also used Prometrium after ovulation to support progesterone levels. My body responded well to the dosages of Letrozole and Bravelle. We triggered between 2 and 4 mature follicles each cycle. We were successful 50% of the time with a positive pregnancy test but I had trouble maintaining past the first trimester due to immune issues that developed after my first successful pregnancy.
The clinic was good at billing services to my insurance as "medical" whenever possible. The blood work and many of the ultrasounds were covered by insurance. There were labs, medication, tests that weren't covered.
Indianapolis

Total cost of 1 fresh cycle [at American Health Network] was $15,516 Doctor/Clinic cost: $10,200 Anes cost: $460 Medication costs: $4865...Its a small clinic so it is easy to know and communicate with everyone. They responded really well via email when I wanted to communicate this way. They had great charts and instructions for my IVF cycle. They really listened to my wants and needs and adjusted accordingly (ie I could use the pharmacy I wanted and they knew where to find the cheapest meds).
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
My OB treated my condition poorly. When I went to Dr Jarrett I had many concerns about my condition and he addressed them all during our initial visit. He was able to pinpoint all of my concerns just from my medical record. He was prepared during my initial visit and always offered me options so I could choose the course of my therapy. He called me personally after hours to discuss further options so I didn't have to come into the office all the time. After my transfer he was very gentle, grabbed my hand, and wished me the best. He is blunt, but truly caring.
Since it is a small clinic, I rotated through the nursing staff. I love most EVERYBODY that worked at this office. There was one younger nurse whom I didn't have a lot of confidence in but she only did ultrasounds in the middle of my cycle so I had very experienced nurses for all other ultrasounds and check-ups
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He is very blunt but will discuss all treatments options with you. He pursues aggressive treatments. His costs are reasonable. I believe he truly cares about his patients. As a health care provider, I can see he stays on top of his research and is very informed.
He is blunt, but I believe he is one of the top docs in Indiana. I liked his small office and he preformed all IVF procedures so you didn't have to worry about getting a doctor for your treatments that didn't know you and your infertility course.
Antagonist protocol. Started with birth control pills. Then follistim and menopur. Added Ganirelix during second half of cycle. Lurpon and low dose HCG were used for ovulation. On my last ultrasound I had many follicles. During retrieval I had 10 follicles, but only 3 eggs were retrieved. Doctor suspected I ovulated early. All 3 eggs were ICIS due to attrition rate and all 3 turned into 5 day blasts.
Total cost of 1 fresh cycle was $15,516 Doctor/Clinic cost: $10,200 Anes cost: $460 Medication costs: $4865
Doctor did not have specific policies on single embryo transfer. The decision was mine. I do wish he had provided a little more guidance in this area.
Indianapolis

This clinic did a great job at explaining every step of the process and taking time to answer any questions you had. They also addressed any concerns we had about the procedures....The main issue we ran into was with the billing of our IVF cycle....The other downside was that the hours to get in for ultrasounds, blood work, etc. sometimes did not work with our schedule....The nursing staff was wonderful and helped answer any questions we had....
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
This clinic did a great job at explaining every step of the process and taking time to answer any questions you had. They also addressed any concerns we had about the procedures. One drawback we ran into was with our insurance coverage for the IVF. We spoke with the billing coordinator prior to going through the IVF and she reviewed that based on our insurance we would be 100% covered for the procedure. Unfortunately, due to changes in insurance we ended up not being covered at all for the procedure. The billing coordinator ended up reducing our bill by 50%, but it was a little frustrating that after asking specifically what is and is not covered (the week before the egg retrieval) we had to pay out a lot of unexpected money. The other downside was that the hours to get in for ultrasounds, blood work, etc. sometimes did not work with our schedule. Overall, the clinic was great to work with and our issues were only circumstantial issues that the clinic worked to make right for us.
Dr. Jarrett was very involved in our case and showed extreme care and interest when working to come up with the best plan for us. He even took our charts on vacation with him after our failed IVF cycle, because he wanted to review every detail of the cycle to determine where to go next.
The nursing staff was wonderful and helped answer any questions we had. At one point, due to doing and emergency IVF one of the nurses met me near my house to help me with a shot to prevent ovulation prior to the egg retrieval. I also unfortunately passed out at the doctor's office and the nurses were wonderful in assisting my husband and determining what caused the fainting spell.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett was extremely dedicated to our case and we are very grateful to have met him and worked with him. While our cycles were not successful, he has helped me get a better understanding of PCOS and the different ways to treat it. I feel the Dr. Jarrett looks at every patient as an individual, different case and wants to do everything within his power to give each patient what they desire most - a baby.
Go into the process knowing that sometimes, for your health and safety, a cycle must be canceled. While this is unfortunate, know that Dr. Jarrett and his staff will do everything they can to ease the process and come up with another solution to try.
We started off using Metformin to see if we could induce a cycle, as I do not have a cycle without some sort of medical intervention. The Metformin caused too much weight loss so we switch to a FSH. We started a cycle of FSH, but I reacted too much and the cycle had to be canceled. We then did an ovarian diathermy to help lower the amount of testosterone produced in my ovaries. After that procedure we began another cycle of FSH, modified from the first cycle, and had to do an emergency IVF or cancel the cycle. We decided to do the IVF, which then unfortunately did not take.
We spent approximately $10,000 for our IVF cycle after all the bills were received. One thing to note is that our bill was reduced 50% due to billing getting the incorrect information from our insurance.
Indianapolis

The clinic [Indiana Fertility Institute] is very easy to work with if you you do not take a passive role in your IVF journey. If you would like to know a result and the clinic has not called, you need to call yourself.... Strengths- compassionate, easy to work with, provide a lot of information so that patient is informed, breakdown of pricing Weaknesses- communication and letting patients know specifics of their blood tests, etc
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I was always given information that I wanted in a timely manner and I felt as though all phases of the IVF process were thoroughly explained. I was always treated kindly and given enough time to ask questions.
I had a unique situation of knowing one of Dr. Jarrett's nurses personally. We scheduled the majority of my appointments during the days that she works. The nurses were gentle and were sure to tell me what was going on.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Good communicator about what needed to happen... gave facts but also delivered in a mild manner (not overly blunt). Treated very well in the surgery area with both retrieval and transfer, even when complications (on my end, not his) came up.
Be prepared to work for what you want. Dr. Jarrett told me that I needed to lose weight before going through the IVF process-- he helped me get there, but also said that most patients ignore some of the work that they need to do up front to make their IVF successful. Also, if you need to know something, be sure to open (or keep open) the lines of communication. The office, in my opinion, does their best to get information to patients, but a follow up call never hurts.
To lose weight- upped metformin to 2000 mg/day (from 1500/day) and said no sugar, flour and other "white" foods (basically all the starches and sugars that would be bad anyway) Birth Control Bravelle/Menopur injections Ganirelix injections Trigger with Pregnyl I don't know what my specific doses were, but I do know that due to my PCOS, Dr. .Jarrett wanted to keep doses on the lower side- enough that I would respond to the medications, but not the point of creating too many follicles and putting me at greater risk for OHSS. He wanted to slowly grow several good follicles and not produce a ton of smaller, immature ones.
Our IVF total was around $14000 from what I can recall, but I don't have the specifics surrounding the breakdown of costs anymore.
Dr. Jarrett was okay with single embryo or two embryo transfer for me (based on age, family status- no children at the time, and body type- physically being able to carry twins). My husband and I opted to transfer 2.
Indianapolis

The staff [at American Health Network], for the most part, were very caring. Especially Jaime from the lab...My nurse was very vocal in saying Dr. Jarrett should cancel the cycle due to the dominant follicle. I later got the call that we were moving forward and he wasn't concerned...If Dr. Jarrett would have taken my medical history and applied his expertise, I could've been saved the heartbreak of a failed IVF and the $16,000 it costs for the procedure. Instead, he simplified my case and appeared annoyed with my many questions.
The staff, for the most part, were very caring. Especially Jaime from the lab.
Janet is amazing and compassionate. My nurse at retrieval was wonderful.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett oversimplified my situation and it has results in years of heartache and financial strain. During my initial consultation, I told him that my mother had went through menopause at 32. My labs showed that I had low AMH, especially for my age. He was confident that IVF would be successful and because of his confidence, we dove right in. Early on in my cycle, a dominant follicle appeared. My nurse kept telling me to prepare for him to cancel the cycle. To my surprise, he didn't and we went forward with the retrieval. The dominant follicle turned into a cyst and was over an inch wide. We only got 5 eggs and I felt severe discomfort from the cyst. Our cycle failed and Dr. Jarrett told me I was a "poor responder". He said that my mother's history was most likely explained my diminishing ovarian reserve. He recommended a "throw the kitchen sink" at me protocol for round 2. I decided to seek a 2nd opinion and gave the new RE the same medical history that was given to Dr. Jarrett. My new RE quickly suggesting genetic screening on the suspicion that I might be a Fragile X Carrier, due to my mother's premature menopause. I did the screening and $300 dollars later found out that I am a premutation carrier and that my diminishing ovarian reserve is tied to the Fragile X genetic disorder. Being a Fragile x Carrier also give me a 1 in 2 chance of passing it onto my child at a full mutation. Unfortunately, a full mutation of Fragile X most likely results in total mental retardation, Autism, physical deformities, etc. If Dr. Jarrett would have taken my medical history and applied his expertise, I could've been saved the heartbreak of a failed IVF and the $16,000 it costs for the procedure. Instead, he simplified my case and appeared annoyed with my many questions.
Do not let his reputation of great success keep you from questioning his approach. If you feel something isn't right or your voice isn't being heard, speak up. He tends to overlook the validity of certain testing, testing that is widely recommended amongst his peers. Do your research and find out what tests successful clinics across the country require for treatment.
Antagonist Protocol Bravelle Menopur Ganirelex Ovidrel
11k for procedures & 5k for meds

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The initial cost was $225 for the consultation [at Indiana Fertility Institute] and then the total for what we want to do, IVF, was around $20,000...Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. There was a little confusion about pricing when checking out, but it was quickly resolved with no problems. The pricing and procedures were described well and they were extremely helpful answering questions...We didn’t have much interaction with them since it is early on, but what we did have was very pleasant.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
He was very open and honest. You could tell he cared and was very helpful about how to proceed. I also loved that he called himself with test results and followed up with a personal letter as well.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
There’s nothing negative to say. I was very happy with all of the information and plan he gave us. Again, he was great with personally calling with results and following up. I feel very comfortable with him and trust getting treatment from him.
Have your questions ready in advance.
I am being treated for my PCOS. I have seen several doctors for this and he gave me information that none of the previous doctors had given me that is very important to my health. I am taking hormones to regulate my periods and metformin for my sugar and to aide is some weight loss. My periods quickly were regulated and weight loss has begun.
The initial cost was $225 for the consultation and then the total for what we want to do, IVF, was around $20,000.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
It can be hard to get ahold of them [at Indiana Fertility Institute] but I still would recommend them in a heartbeat. Dr. Provost is clearly far more educated than others I’ve experienced, she cares for her patients and it shows. I’ve been extremely impressed with the office staff and flow so far...I haven’t had many interactions with her the nurse] so far, but the ones I’ve had have been pleasant...I’m going to begin my next round of treatment next cycle, letrozole, injection to induce ovulation and IUI.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
It can be hard to get ahold of them but I still would recommend them in a heartbeat. Dr. Provost is clearly far more educated than others I’ve experienced, she cares for her patients and it shows. I’ve been extremely impressed with the office staff and flow so far.
She actually listened to me and took me seriously. She understood my pain from miscarriages and was sympathetic of them. She held my hand going into surgery and has said multiple times sincerely how she hopes the outcome is different this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Misty)
I haven’t had many interactions with her so far, but the ones I’ve had have been pleasant.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Provost took the time to let me tell me full story and symptoms I was experiencing, and why I didn’t feel right returning to my previous Dr. She was able to diagnose my conditions within minutes, whereas my previous Dr. brushed them under the rug and pushed fertility meds. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me since my conditions are now being treated and not just ignored.
She’s a lot more down to earth than a lot of other Drs. I’ve experienced in the past. Sometimes the office can be tricky to get ahold of but it’s worth it.
So far she discovered a uterine septum that she performed a hysteroscopy on to surgically remove and laparoscopic surgery where endometriosis was found and removed. I’m going to begin my next round of treatment next cycle, letrozole, injection to induce ovulation and IUI.
I have not yet been billed for my medical treatment
Indianapolis

I love how the clinic [Indiana Fertility Institute] manages their retrievals and implantation making it so that they thoroughly clean in between each month (they are only required to do this once a year, and they do it monthly). I appreciate that the lab work is right up stairs and that everyone communicates so well.... IVF here was slightly more expensive than the estimates we received from other doctors, however we felt like we were in much better hands.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I love how the clinic manages their retrievals and implantation making it so that they thoroughly clean in between each month (they are only required to do this once a year, and they do it monthly). I appreciate that the lab work is right up stairs and that everyone communicates so well.
Dr. Provost has been my main point of contact with questions and results. For basic lab results she even called to tell me everything looked good. She chooses to use positive words such as "when you are pregnant" which I really appreciate. Although, she of course made it clear that it is not a guarantee.
So far they have been great! When I have left voicemails, they return that day and give me as much information as possible.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Thus far Dr. Provost has been exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor (as I have done treatments with two prior) she is an excellent communicator, puts me at ease, is intelligent, honest and realistic.
Set up a consultation and see for yourself. Dr. Provost is extremely smart and will tailor your plan to YOU, it is definitely not a one size fits all type of fertility plan.

Endometriosis, PCOS
The clinic [John C. Jarrett II] isn't fancy and it's seems disorganized since it's all paper still, but they know the procedures and have their act together...The nursing staff is absolutely wonderful. They were very kind and caring, and even called to follow up....IVF cycle fee - $10k Meds - $6k (quoted $3-5k)...Dr Jarret is very blunt but very good at his job. He is so knowledgeable and I felt completely comfortable in his care. I did not feel like he explained the negatives of what happened during my cycle well.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The clinic isn't fancy and it's seems disorganized since it's all paper still, but they know the procedures and have their act together.
Dr Jarret is very blunt but really knows his stuff. He adjusted the protocol to my specific history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Laurie )
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Be okay with his directness, you want a doctor not a friend
12 week suppression with birth control due to stage 4 endometriosis Antagonist protocol due to PCOS (bravelle, menopur, ganirelx) Lupron trigger HCG given before transfer Despite having an AFC > 40, I did not respond well to meds at all. I may have been oversupressed, or it could have been the Bravelle which had manufacturing issues. I was almost cancelled several times but ended up having 6 eggs retrieved, 5 were mature. Dr Jarrett does "to be sure" ICSI on 3 eggs and those were my only 3 to fertilize. I had two Day 5 blasts, one good quality and one poor. We had planned on eSET but since they didn't think our poor quality blast would freeze we transferred both. I became pregnant with one baby.
IVF cycle fee - $10k Meds - $6k (quoted $3-5k)
Dr Jarrett strongly advised eSET because of the risks of multiple pregnancy, although he was open to either. It was a very hard decision but we had decided to do eSET but the we found out that we had 2 blasts, and one of them they didn't think would freeze. We transferred both with his support.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
This clinic [Indiana Fertility Institute] is locate in a very nice part of town. The building its self is very beautiful. It clean inside of offices. It feels very warm and welcoming. Most of their procedures are done upstairs and consultations downstairs. They have several waiting areas even a small fudge where you can grab a water while you wait.... It's extremely hard to get someone firme their office to answer a phone.... we have done 3 cycles of IUI each one costed us $1300.00 with out meds
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
This clinic is locate in a very nice part of town. The building its self is very beautiful. It clean inside of offices. It feels very warm and welcoming. Most of their procedures are done upstairs and consultations downstairs. They have several waiting areas even a small fudge where you can grab a water while you wait.
Dr. Provost treated me in a humane manner. She seem to be concerned about our situation has tried to give us as many options as possible. In our current financial situation.
They are great staff . Except for one .
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I really like Dr.Povest. She always make us feel comfortable and at ease. She is a very positive person and makes us have just a bit more hope. That we can one day achieve our wishes of having a baby. When a treatment doesn't work , she try different methods.
I would say take down all your questions and concerns and put them on paper. So you can ask Dr Provost, or one for her nurse. It's extremely hard to get someone firme their office to answer a phone.
In the pat year we have done 3 cycles of IUI each one costed us $1300.00 with out meds

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Nurse Sara [at Indiana Fertility Institute-Indianapolis] was kind, and honest, not overbearing, laid back. Educated and knew what she was doing.... Admin/front desk staff are not the friendliest but get the job done. The billing representative needs to have a better approach too. She was not clear on procedure costs and rx costs, and when one ends.... Freeze all from the start - to avoid a cancelled treatment session, and produce as more eggs. Very glad this was the course as only 3 of 26 eggs made it to day 5.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
personal conversations, eye-to-eye contact, realistic, never rushed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Sara)
Nurse Sara was kind, and honest, not overbearing, laid back. Educated and knew what she was doing.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I saw Dr Jarrett and Dr Provost; I liked the realistic, non-fluffy approach that both Doctors have. They allowed us time to think of questions and did not speak only medical jargon. I felt that what the advised is what they would a family member. yet they were also aware of the high cost involved and that it too is a key decision maker.
Try and think of as many questions you can in advance, and be realistic and figure out the cost including RXs
12500 for IVF process 4500 ish for transfer process

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The [John C. Jarrett II] clinic itself was organized and clean...I saw a different nurse each visit during my IVF cycle, some of whom were less competent at scanning my difficult ovaries...
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The clinic itself was organized and clean.
We always felt rushed.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jarrett performed an exploratory surgery, one cancelled IUI cycle, and one round of IVF. He was kind and compassionate throughout each procedure. However, because I was a commuting patient, it was difficult to have a truly personal experience as meetings were replaced with phone consults. My IVF stimulating protocol was described by my new current RE as "old school." At my IVF egg retrieval, Dr. Jarrett was not able to retrieve from one ovary due to a visual blockage by my bowel. In hindsight, and now after seeing another doctor, a simple bowel prep could have dramatically changed the outcome of the procedure. Overall Dr. Jarrett is a good doctor, and likely the best in the Indianapolis area. After my failed IVF with him, I needed a second opinion and a fresh start with an RE with a different point of view.

2013 - 2014
1 IUI, Donor Eggs
[The] nurses [at American Health Network] we not helpful. In fact over the phone were condescending, un concerned about patient's state of mind which is alarming. This could have be beacause i was a commuting client therefore I relied on a lot of phone interactions and I missed the personalized experience I truly felt more like a number than a person at the moment that I was most vulnerable. The couple of time i was able to go down his office the treatment was so much better. I chose to step back baby focused to more focus on treating my pcos. I will probably need invasive techiques still and would go back to him but I am hesitant being long distance. But living where I do I have limited options.
2013 - 2014
1 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He is a great doctor. He probably is best suited for those that live locally. Also, If your only goal is pregnancy he is your guy. I have PCOS, it effects fertility but it is also a life long challenge. He never addressed my PCOS effectively. PCOS is a leading cause of infertility in females. I suffer from secondary infertility and understood it required a life style revamping. I was disappointed in his approach controllong it over the lifespan. His nurses we not helpful. In fact over the phone the were condescending, un concerned about patient's state of mind which is alarming. This could have be beacause i was a commuting client therefore I relied on a lot of phone interactions and I missed the personalized experience I truly felt more like a number than a person at the moment that I was most vulnerable. The couple of time i was able to go down his office the treatment was so much better. I chose to step back baby focused to more focus on treating my pcos. I will probably need invasive techiques still and would go back to him but I am hesitant being long distance. But living where I do I have limited options.
Indianapolis

No complaints! Everyone was great and supportive! Friendly faces when you walk in was a great thing to see. The office [Indiana Fertility Institute] was understanding of work schedules and worked with you where they could. You could tell they cared a lot about their patients and enjoyed their job...Great nursing staff, front office and tech staff!...We used IUI after discussing interest in trying this before IVF
Native American, Other
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
No complaints! Everyone was great and supportive! Friendly faces when you walk in was a great thing to see. The office was understanding of work schedules and worked with you where they could. You could tell they cared a lot about their patients and enjoyed their job
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Gentry at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He had great bedside manner and knew how to listen and answer questions thoroughly.
Great nursing staff, front office and tech staff!
How was your experience with William Gentry at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Gentry was awesome! Would go back to him in a heartbeat ! He’s very knowledgeable and loves what he does. Dr. G is a great listener and answers any questions you have. He’s willing and open to the patients suggestions as well,
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Gentry at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Go in with open ears and open heart
Describe the protocols William Gentry used in your cycles at Indiana Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We used IUI after discussing interest in trying this before IVF
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Gentry at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Around 3500 including meds
William Gentry
Indianapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Gentry at Indiana Fertility Institute.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Champaign nurses were kind [at Indiana Fertility Institute] indiana clinic nurses were hit and miss... Blunt, not super compassionite. We had a cycle with zero fertilization which was super disappointing. I cant help but wonder if thr lab was involved. Embryologist were curt but professional enough i assume. Clinic is small, husband suggest bringing own materials
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Late night phone calls and his full attention showed he cared, but he wasn't there to be your friend.
Champaign nurses were kind, indiana clinic nurses were hit and miss
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He is no nonsense and not all rainbows and sunshine, but he is good. He gave me his personal cell and email, was very reachable although most patient contact was done with only the nurses for all monitoring, med adjustments, etc.
If your weight is an issue, loose it prior to meeting him or that'll be the first thing he tells you to do.
Folistem and menopour, hcg trigger and my husband had tese. Our embroys were icsi, pgs tested and frozen
Allows patient to choose
John Jarrett

Everyone in the office [Indiana Fertility Institute] was warm and friendly and didn't make you feel like you were just a number in the waiting room. They always called you by name....Small waiting room, no after hours phone number if you needed to talk to someone....Welcoming and warm. Always listened to your concerns and thoughts....He [Dr. Jarrett] was always willing to answer questions and made sure that you understood what the plan of action was.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Everyone in the office was warm and friendly and didn't make you feel like you were just a number in the waiting room. They always called you by name.
Welcoming and warm. Always listened to your concerns and thoughts.
How was your experience with John Jarrett at Indiana Fertility Institute?
He was always willing to answer questions and made sure that you understood what the plan of action was. He always made sure to include my husband in our conversations and treatment plans. He was open and honest with his thoughts and what his thoughts on treatment plans were.
Be willing to listen with an open mind
We did two rounds of Femara with Ovidrel trigger shots and follicle studies.
Follicle studies were roughly $150 a time and then appointments were billed later
2012
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
We did 2 IUI's and he [Dr Jarrett at American Health Network] continuously refused cycle day 3 testing saying it wasn't needed. When my IUI's were unsuccessful and I demanded testing, my DOR was diagnosed and he would no longer treat me. His staff and Dr. Jarrett were extremely unkind and showed no empathy for the devastating news they were delivering. This doctor has a god complex. He's egotistical, rude and shows zero empathy for his patients. He only looks out for his best interests and the numbers and statistics being the best they can be. My diagnosis would not achieve good success rates. Therefore I was nothing to him.
2012
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
Their strength was their phlebotomist. She was the only kind person I came across in the 6 months I was a patient there.
No compassion. No kindness. No understanding.
It was a job to them. They did not care about their patients.
Stay away.
We did 2 IUI's and he continuously refused cycle day 3 testing saying it wasn't needed. When my IUI's were unsuccessful and I demanded testing, my DOR was diagnosed and he would no longer treat me. His staff and Dr. Jarrett were extremely unkind and showed no empathy for the devastating news they were delivering.
normal