Genetic counseling: Offered
2222 East Highland Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85016
8573 East Princess Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health to a friend?

6.7

6.5

1 doctor
2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Patel] forgot who I was: I can understand and forgive if this were to have happened once or twice, but this happened multiple times after having gone through multiple rounds of IUI and having had a miscarriage under his care. I felt like each time I met with him, I had to remind him of my history and he would constantly ask me for my medication dosages which I found very frustrating since that information should be available in my chart. There didn't seem to be much prep or attention to detail that went into preparing for my care when I visited. 2. Lack of empathy: I had a particularly terrible experience at my first ultrasound with Dr. Patel at 5.5 weeks. Without any explanation, he told us the pregnancy was not viable. There wasn't much explanation given as to what he was seeing and what the concern was and he immediately launched into how I would need a D&C and that if I start bleeding a lot, I should go to the hospital. There was no empathy or even pause in that moment to let us digest that terrible news. He was also quite rude and made a comment to me that saying that I "looked confused." He made that comment to a woman who just was informed that she was likely to miscarry and was in shock - I found that comment to be particularly upsetting. I felt like I was rushed out the door and passed off to my regular OBGYN to address.
Strengths [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health]: Easy to get an appointment and get in and out Weaknesses: It's a small clinic. It feels like most decisions hinge on Dr. Patel which is understandable, but it can cause delays and a lack of attention to detail...Generally I had positive experiences with the nursing staff. I particularly enjoyed Gabby, I thought she was always very warm and welcoming. One thing I did find inappropriate was one of the nurses response to my question about what activities I should avoid post IUI. Her response was that I should "lay off the crack pipe." I know it was intended to be funny, but I felt it was in poor taste.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
We were very optimistic when we first starting seeing Dr. Patel. We had been trying to conceive for just over a year when my OBGYN referred me to his care. We were all in and ready to get whatever testing was recommended so we could evaluate our options and get to work as quickly as possible. We spent a lot of time and effort on testing of which I ultimately did not feel resulted in much learning. Looking back, we were never given a diagnosis and were not given clear expectations of our chances of a positive outcome. Strangely enough, we were first presented with the cost of IVF. This was surprising to us in that there didn't appear to be anything "wrong." We asked to take a more conservative approach and try IUI first. We got pregnant with IUI on our first try and were overjoyed. Unfortunately, we went on to learn that the pregnancy was not viable at 5.5 weeks and I miscarried at 9 weeks - this was after many unnecessary scares and talk of my pregnancy being ectopic even though there was a visual gestational sac in my uterus. Dr. Patel had me come back every few days for repeat scans (even after I was sent externally for a more in depth ultrasound where it was confirmed that the pregnancy was not ectopic) which, looking back, caused a lot of unnecessary anxiety and confusion. There was clearly not much that was going to change over 48-72 hours and if anything it made the experience that much more painful and emotionally taxing. While I don't blame Dr. Patel for the result of the pregnancy, I do find the way in which my miscarriage to have been handled to be concerning. After my body recovered from the miscarriage, we returned to Dr. Patel for another round of IUI. In that first round back the timing of my cycle wasn't managed close enough and I missed my opportunity to trigger using Ovidrel. It was a huge let down to spent our money and not feel that things were as controlled as they could have been to ensure a positive outcome. If I were to summarize my biggest frustration, it would be that my care felt disorganized. I felt like I was the project manager and that I had to advocate and remind often. There seemed to be a lack of framework and structure in the approach to my care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Patel's pricing is competitive, it was a huge reason why we chose to proceed with his clinic, however, having been to another clinic now, I can more clearly see what extra dollars can get you. If price is important to you, Dr. Patel can be a great fit, however, my advice is that you make sure you know your stuff and plan to take an active role in advocating and managing your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
I was under Dr. Patel's care for approximately 1 year. Some of the reasons why I did not feel that I was treated as a human was because: 1. He forgot who I was: I can understand and forgive if this were to have happened once or twice, but this happened multiple times after having gone through multiple rounds of IUI and having had a miscarriage under his care. I felt like each time I met with him, I had to remind him of my history and he would constantly ask me for my medication dosages which I found very frustrating since that information should be available in my chart. There didn't seem to be much prep or attention to detail that went into preparing for my care when I visited. 2. Lack of empathy: I had a particularly terrible experience at my first ultrasound with Dr. Patel at 5.5 weeks. Without any explanation, he told us the pregnancy was not viable. There wasn't much explanation given as to what he was seeing and what the concern was and he immediately launched into how I would need a D&C and that if I start bleeding a lot, I should go to the hospital. There was no empathy or even pause in that moment to let us digest that terrible news. He was also quite rude and made a comment to me that saying that I "looked confused." He made that comment to a woman who just was informed that she was likely to miscarry and was in shock - I found that comment to be particularly upsetting. I felt like I was rushed out the door and passed off to my regular OBGYN to address.
Describe the protocols Ketan Patel used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
We did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Patel. I took 2.5mgs of Femara each round. Two of the rounds we were able to trigger with Ovidrel, 1 of the rounds, we missed our opportunity. Following IUI I started 200mg progesterone suppositories daily until the start of my period and/or a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment and get in and out Weaknesses: It's a small clinic. It feels like most decisions hinge on Dr. Patel which is understandable, but it can cause delays and a lack of attention to detail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Each round of IUI cost $950.00. I also purchased medications (Ovidrel / Femara / Progesterone) for each cycle which cost about $250.00. In total each round cost us approximately $1,200.00.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

2016 - 2020
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Patel is highly experienced, dedicated to his job, and has an incredibly strong work ethic. Sometimes he can be a little too blunt, but personally I like to know the truth and prefer honesty so I have realistic expectations and do not mind this. Sometimes he can be very busy as the office can be hectic, but, he does always find time to meet with me at every visit and thoroughly explains everything...recommended genetic testing on my husband and I to rule out the possibility of us both being a carrier of a genetic disease. Neither of us were carriers for the same genetic diseases so it did not matter in our case in the end, but provided additional peace of mind. We also did a freeze all on the embryo’s and chose genetic testing of the embryo’s per Dr Patel’s recommendation. This did prove to be very helpful and we were shocked how many embryo’s had potential chromosomal problems. Highly recommend the genetic testing.
The clinic [Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] is located in a nice area in north Scottsdale and is conveniently located right off the 101 and is easy to get to from any direction. The clinic is in a large doctor office complex with abundant parking. Inside the clinic is clean, and the receptionists are helpful. Sometimes you may have to wait for an extended period of time, but the facility itself is neat and clean. The only downside might be that for whatever reason, there is no cell phone reception in the waiting room.
2016 - 2020
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Have patience as the process will be a long Journey. I had good luck booking appointments at the end of the day, when it is less hectic in the office and the doctor and nurses are not pressured by additional appointments like they are in the middle of the day.
I have had excellent personal care with Dr Patel, and very visit I do get to communicate and meet with Dr Patel. He does not pass his patients off to assistants like other doctors have that I have seen.
Dr Patel recommended genetic testing on my husband and I to rule out the possibility of us both being a carrier of a genetic disease. Neither of us were carriers for the same genetic diseases so it did not matter in our case in the end, but provided additional peace of mind. We also did a freeze all on the embryo’s and chose genetic testing of the embryo’s per Dr Patel’s recommendation. This did prove to be very helpful and we were shocked how many embryo’s had potential chromosomal problems. Highly recommend the genetic testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Doreen )
The nursing staff is excellent. They are all very knowledgeable and you can tell that all of Dr Patel’s staff is thoroughly trained and experienced. The same nurses have been there since I started treatments, so he has a good team.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is located in a nice area in north Scottsdale and is conveniently located right off the 101 and is easy to get to from any direction. The clinic is in a large doctor office complex with abundant parking. Inside the clinic is clean, and the receptionists are helpful. Sometimes you may have to wait for an extended period of time, but the facility itself is neat and clean. The only downside might be that for whatever reason, there is no cell phone reception in the waiting room.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
All monitoring appointments went as planned, got in quickly and no issues
Currently at $83,000 which is a negotiated rate. We have had some help with insurance.
Describe Ketan Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Dr Patel is not willing to do multiple embryo transfers and explains the added risks of that thoroughly. He strongly recommends and is only comfortable doing single embryo transfers.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Overall the experience has been good. A few minor hiccups here and there with prescriptions being called to the wrong pharmacy, but no glaring or terrible issues

1 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Patel is personable and kind. He is thorough but also doesn’t waste your time. He always asks if I have any questions and if I’m having any side effects or trouble with the treatment, injections, etc. i always feel like we have the same goal...When I go in with all my questions written down, I always come out with them all answered...I stimulated for 13 days. Ultrasound showed I had 15 follicles, but only 5 were retrieved. Of the 5, 4 were mature, 2 fertilized (ICSI) but not made it to day 5. Dr. Patel said my results were unexpected, given my overall good health and my age (35) my slow reaction to stimulation medication and low number of follicles and eggs was unexpected.
The lab [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] did not call with fertilization results. I had to call in. They called back quickly with the results and apologized for not calling on the day the Dr. had indicated they would...~$8k for IVF egg retrieval, PGT biopsy, ICSI, assisted hatch, including all monitoring (additional $500 for anesthesia)...I felt very comfortable there. Sometimes you have to wait for your appointment, maybe 15 minutes. Their Scottsdale office is in some kind of cellphone vortex, so you likely won’t have coverage while you are there and they don’t have open WiFi.
1 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing
As with any doctor, wrote down your questions. Dr. Patel is willing to answer, but he can’t read your mind. When I go in with all my questions written down, I always come out with them all answered.
Dr. Patel took time to answer all our questions during our consultations. He explained the possible courses of treatment, possible outcomes, and reasons for possible out comes. He asks during every visit if I have additional questions and concerns and takes time to answer them.
IVF egg retrieval for embryo cryopreservation Menopur 150 IU Follistim 300 IU (I also used Gonal-F because I needed more quickly and used a local pharmacy) Ganrilex I can’t remember the name of my trigger shot My ovaries were slow to respond to stimulation medication. I stimulated for 13 days. Ultrasound showed I had 15 follicles, but only 5 were retrieved. Of the 5, 4 were mature, 2 fertilized (ICSI) but not made it to day 5. Dr. Patel said my results were unexpected, given my overall good health and my age (35) my slow reaction to stimulation medication and low number of follicles and eggs was unexpected. He said one cycle is not enough to make a diagnosis of egg quality. Every body reacts differently and I could also be that we “pushed my ovaries too far” in simulating for so long. We are taking a month off for my ovaries to recover. Next protocol Dr. Patel will replace Ganrilex (with Lupron, I think?) and also add a growth hormone to the protocol.
The nurses are so nice and helpful. They help work out all the details of timing and medication. My insurance does not cover any fertility treatment, so they ordered the minimum medication at first so, I wouldn’t have to pay for medicine I didn’t use if I didn’t need to stimulate longer. They really go above and beyond to help you deal with all the stresses of treatment.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The office is very simple and. It pretentious, which I appreciated. I felt very comfortable there. Sometimes you have to wait for your appointment, maybe 15 minutes. Their Scottsdale office is in some kind of cellphone vortex, so you likely won’t have coverage while you are there and they don’t have open WiFi.
Dr. Patel said he almost always only transfers a single embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
The lab did not call with fertilization results. I had to call in. They called back quickly with the results and apologized for not calling on the day the Dr. had indicated they would.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Ketan Patel] explained everything in detail and was very direct as to my specific situation. Always knew my name before I was even checked in...is a very good doctor. He doesn't beat around the bush. Although he may not always have bed side manner, I've always appreciated the bluntness so that I know exactly what he means. He has always seen me on time and explains everything in detail...If you are someone who is sensitive and is not 100% committed to hearing the facts as directly as possible, then he's probably not your doctor to see
They [nurses at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] were all super nice. Not always on the same page but eventually would figure things out. Some were more responsive than others...I was never given the results of my testing for my embryo by the lab. I found out through the nurse when I was calling for my follow up. Who had to notify there was no need to rush for another appointment since my embryo was abnormal...Once I began treatment I had to pay 7500 for all future appointments that included ultra sounds, labs, and visits till my retrieval. I also had to pay and additional 500 the day of my retrieval for the anesthesia. When i did my first transfer i paid 1700 for the labs. Appointments, and transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Patel is a very good doctor. He doesn't beat around the bush. Although he may not always have bed side manner, I've always appreciated the bluntness so that I know exactly what he means. He has always seen me on time and explains everything in detail.
If you are someone who is sensitive and is not 100% committed to hearing the facts as directly as possible, then he's probably not your doctor to see.
He explained everything in detail and was very direct as to my specific situation. Always knew my name before I was even checked in.
My 1st protocol was starting on birth control pills for 14 days prior to me starting my stimulation medication. Once i started, i was on 2 vials of Menupur daily for 8 days. 300 mg of gonal f for 8 days. The last 3 days we added cetritide. After that i did my trigger shot. My 2nd retrieval consisted of taking 2 mg estrace the month before along with 1 pump of testosterone gel. The last week before my cycle, i started on 200 mg capsules of progesterone. Once i began my cylce, i was take 2 vials of Menupur, 300 mg of gonal f, 10 mcg of omnitrope, and 1 pill of the dexamethasone. Last 3 days before retrieval I started cetritide. Then did my trigger shot and started my antibiotic.
They were all super nice. Not always on the same page but eventually would figure things out. Some were more responsive than others.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic is very warm and inviting. All the staff are very nice and knowledgeable. They have 2 locations and both are less than five minutes from the freeway. Unfortunately both locations are located in the east valley so if you live out west it might not be that convenient but I feel it's worth the drive.
My initial appointments and labs were covered. Once I began treatment I had to pay 7500 for all future appointments that included ultra sounds, labs, and visits till my retrieval. I also had to pay and additional 500 the day of my retrieval for the anesthesia. When i did my first transfer i paid 1700 for the labs. Appointments, and transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Ketan Patel] does not give clear information or directions and insinuated that I was lying to him twice while relaying info to him from doctors he had referred me to...when I asked him to explain something, he said he had other patients to see and I needed to make another appointment if I wanted to ask him any questions. I would NOT go here again if I had it to do all over again...said a few things that contradicted what he told me at my last appointment as well as what his NP told me. When I asked him to clarify, he said he had other patients to see and didn’t have time and that I would have to schedule another appointment if I wanted to ask him questions.
At my last appointment [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health], Dr. Patel said a few things that contradicted what he told me at my last appointment as well as what his NP told me. When I asked him to clarify, he said he had other patients to see and didn’t have time and that I would have to schedule another appointment if I wanted to ask him questions...The one front office girl is their all star. She really does it all- checks patients in and out, rooms patients, takes bloodwork, and sometimes assists Dr. Patel. She is the only reason I have continued to go to this office. She really is the patient’s advocate. I can ask her questions and she is very honest and compassionate. She has apologized to me a few times for the behavior of Dr. Patel. It’s kind of sad.
I have only seen Dr. Patel 3 times. Each time, he has been rude and condescending with me. He does not give clear information or directions and insinuated that I was lying to him twice while relaying info to him from doctors he had referred me to. He gets visibly irritated when you ask any questions whatsoever and when I asked him to explain something, he said he had other patients to see and I needed to make another appointment if I wanted to ask him any questions. I would NOT go here again if I had it to do all over again.
Do your research. Check his reviews and read the negative ones. They are oftentimes more accurate, unfortunately.
At my last appointment, Dr. Patel said a few things that contradicted what he told me at my last appointment as well as what his NP told me. When I asked him to clarify, he said he had other patients to see and didn’t have time and that I would have to schedule another appointment if I wanted to ask him questions.
I have not had my period in over 2 months. I told him my last office gave me a progesterone shot to induce my period. He refused to give it to me until he officially diagnosed me with PCOS, which he refused to do until he could do an ultrasound on me while I was on my period, which I was not having. He said we should ‘wait and see’ if it starts on it’s own. I told him I haven’t been having it for the entire year without being given some type of progesterone. Still, he refused to give me any medication or treat me at all until it had been another month. His NP assured me there was nothing wrong with not having periods, but also told me I can’t ovulate as long as I am not having periods. Dr. Patel told me, at the next appointment, that I can still ovulate even if I don’t have periods. When I tried to notify the NP of my concerns regarding not having a period for several months and the potential to cause cervical or uterine cancer, she said that’s not possible. Then Dr. Patel said going without a period for several months can cause uterine or cervical cancer! My husband was scheduled to do bloodwork prior to having his sperm sample frozen and the lab lost his bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Strengths: Their front office girl is very helpful, knowledgeable, and compassionate. She really will go the extra mile for you. They also have a texting feature which makes it super easy and convenient to ask questions or communicate around your schedule. Weaknesses: Dr. Patel does not seem to be very knowledgeable, compassionate, or transparent about treatment. He does not like to be questioned and acts as though you are a complete dummy because you did not go to medical school. Also, they do not like to send bills, they just surprise you on your way out and let you know you owe several hundred dollars at a time. When you tell them you can pay several hundred dollars at once (because who can? Especially without warning). They get visibly annoyed and say they prefer not to send bills, but will if you ask. Their website says Dr. Patel is an Endocrinologist. He referred me out to see an Endocrinologist. When I asked him why he is referring me out when it says on his website he is an Endocrinologist, he just said ‘well, I don’t specialize, so I am sending you to someone who does.’ Probably shouldn’t put that on their website then!
Ultrasounds $200-$300 each.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Between the arrogance and lack of compassion from Dr. Patel, the conflicting information from appointment to appointment and between him and his NP, being made to feel like a liar, and being confronted for money without being willing to send any kind of billing information- I am not sure this office is the best choice for me or really anyone.

Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I had an accident where I dropped my Lupron trigger vial and it shattered into a million pieces. I called him, ugly crying my eyes out. Dr.Patel reassured me we would do everything possible to ensure my cycle did not get interrupted. He stayed up late praying for me that my levels would be okay...He has come in on Easter Sunday for me when I needed monitoring appointments. I cannot say enough about this man and how amazing he is.
I could write a book about Doreen [nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health]. As much as I love [Dr.] Patel, she is a HUGE part of why I love their clinic. She goes WAYY ABOVE AND BEYOND...We did not have coverage the whole cycle and the clinic did everything possible to work with us on billing needs...Everyone is so compassionate and caring, they ensure I am satisfied and leave happy each time. I will forever refer all my friends to them for any infertility need! From the front desk gals who verify benefits, to the nursing staff and provider himself, this staff is one of a kind!
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He is an amazing physician. He is very personable and takes the time to see me on each visit. He explains all risks and possibilities so that I am fully prepared for what is coming. I had an accident where I dropped my Lupron trigger vial and it shattered into a million pieces. I called him, ugly crying my eyes out. Dr.Patel reassured me we would do everything possible to ensure my cycle did not get interrupted. He stayed up late praying for me that my levels would be okay. You cannot ask that of a doctor, and will never find that with others. He has come in on Easter Sunday for me when I needed monitoring appointments. I cannot say enough about this man and how amazing he is.
He may seem a little cut and dry at first but do not let this scare you off. He means well and has the absolute best intentions for all his patients. He takes pride in what he does and ensures all his patients get the best care he can give them. You won't find a better doctor!
He takes my calls all hours of the night. I shattered my Lupron trigger vial, on accident. He sat on the phone with me almost 20 minutes letting me cry and assured me it would be okay. He also stayed up late praying for me that nothing would happen to my cycle because of my accident. He is the best doctor I could ask for..
I am not sure of the protocol names, but he monitored me closely to avoid OHSS. I did menopur 75 iu per day, gonal started at 200 iu, but bumped up to 300 iu in my cycle to help my ovaries stimulate more, he prescrived dexomethazone and cetrotide as well. I did these during my stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Dorren)
I could write a book about Doreen. As much as I love Patel, she is a HUGE part of why I love their clinic. She goes WAYY ABOVE AND BEYOND. Who do you think was there on Easter Sunday with him doing my scan and labs? HER! She responds to my insane late night messages and 911 texts. She puts me at ease and calls to check up on me. She is a saint.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
They are an awesome clinic. I got to the Scottsdale location which is a bit small compared to other offices I've seen but does not lack in quality. Sometimes smaller is better, but their staff are phenomenal! Everyone is so compassionate and caring, they ensure I am satisfied and leave happy each time. I will forever refer all my friends to them for any infertility need! From the front desk gals who verify benefits, to the nursing staff and provider himself, this staff is one of a kind!
It was cheap for my OOP costs. I worked a second job during this to qualify for Starbucks insurance to help with costs of some of the procedures. We did not have coverage the whole cycle and the clinic did everything possible to work with us on billing needs.
He is very conservative and does all his planning to give his patients the best results. I am in the middle of my first IVF cycle so am not sure how many I will transfer. I want 2, he recommends 1. We agreed it would depend on my egg quality after retrieval and how the embryos came back. He is very reasonable, but has my best interest at heart, so ultimately I will trust him.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
I think Dr. Patel is very knowledgeable and a great resource for information. He is open to questions and makes you feel like there is hope for you no matter what your situation is...The only thing that bothered me is that Dr. Patel never sat down with me and went over my treatment plan in a sense that how aggressive my plan will be what I should expect the side effects of injections and all thing that I need to know going into IVF for the first time.
Because they [staff at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] are busy and have alot of patients sometimes it seems like they are just doing routine work without considering that this may be the patient's first time going through this and they might need alittle more hand holding...organization is a weakness [of the nurses]. They also should be more proactive as well...IVF retrieval with ICSI and PGS testing biopsy is $8000. FET is $2000
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
I think Dr. Patel is very knowledgeable and a great resource for information. He is open to questions and makes you feel like there is hope for you no matter what your situation is. I enjoy seeing Dr. Patel and I would recommend him to anyone.
Make sure you ask questions and do your research. Come with suggestions and options that you would like to have on the table. Sometimes if you dont ask, they wont tell you.
Because they are busy and have alot of patients sometimes it seems like they are just doing routine work without considering that this may be the patient's first time going through this and they might need alittle more hand holding. Just because its the clinic has done this a million time, it might be the patients first. So I think it is important to keep that in mind and make sure they all patient information has been reviewed before meeting with the patient. I still have some tests results that the Dr. never discussed with me.
I am going through a cycle now. Will be starting my injections soon. The only thing that bothered me is that Dr. Patel never sat down with me and went over my treatment plan in a sense that how aggressive my plan will be what I should expect the side effects of injections and all thing that I need to know going into IVF for the first time.
organization is a weakness. They also should be more proactive as well.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The staff is nice but a bit disorganized. I kind of had to be on top of my appointments and making sure they are scheduled ahead of time. Also, attention to detail is lacking a bit at the office. When I first went to them, it took them a really long time to send me my treatment plan and I had to call and ask for it multiple times. It would have been nice to have them reach out to me with that information without me chasing it down.
IVF retrieval with ICSI and PGS testing biopsy is $8000. FET is $2000

IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
At 29 it is not easy to hear that menopause is happening within a few years. Not only that but both tubes were blocked, hormones are awful and at my young age my egg reserve was extremely low. My husband and I were treated with great respect and met with Dr. Patel himself at every appointment. ... Dr. Patel broke the news very gently knowing that I would not take it very easy. He even took the time to take go over the diagnosis in 2 appointments so we would fully understand.
I believe the office as met every expectation we had. I work in the medical field so I also understand the work flow behind the scene that makes clinics work. The practice is small and I am thankful for that. You get more one on one care. ... Bonnie is incredible. She has been available to use and our egg donor after hours and has answered all of our questions. I am amazed at how polite and compassion she has for us and her work. She is very willing to help in any way she can.
IVF, Donor Eggs
At 29 it is not easy to hear that menopause is happening within a few years. Not only that but both tubes were blocked, hormones are awful and at my young age my egg reserve was extremely low. My husband and I were treated with great respect and met with Dr. Patel himself at every appointment. He would spend as much time as he would need to go over the findings as well as the next steps. I would frequently met with his wonderful staff right after where they would go in depth about money and options available to me. His team would answer questions after hours and never made me feel like the questions I had were not appropriate. He took the time to make sure I knew that certain paths would not be worth it for me and our wallets which was a huge relief. We felt like he was human and not just a doctor out to make money. Dr. Patel is a miracle in our journey.
Ask as many questions that you would need. Be patient in the waiting room and know that he is behind because he cares about his patients.
my husband and were nervous going to a doctor in Scottsdale due to the clientele around the area. We're both hardworking people, so my husband shows up in a grease stained shirt and me in scrubs. Not once were we looked down on for our income. We were treated with the most respect we have seen. Dr. Patel broke the news very gently knowing that I would not take it very easy. He even took the time to take go over the diagnosis in 2 appointments so we would fully understand.
We are just beginning our journey of IVF Egg Donor. My donor has just been approved and will be here in April for further testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie)
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I really haven't found a weakness. I believe the office as met every expectation we had. I work in the medical field so I also understand the work flow behind the scene that makes clinics work. The practice is small and I am thankful for that. You get more one on one care.
I am going through a known donor and I was quoted 12,000
My doctor does one egg transfers at a time if they are good quality and multiple if the quality is low
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
I had to go to a new Ob/gyn doctor to have surgery so they could look at my tubes. I requested for my chart to be sent over and it wasn't, but I understand faxes do not go through. I originally went to another ob/gyn that I didn't like and my chart was sent to them just fine, I just think it was a mishap.

IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Weakness is their [AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] phone system. You have to know the extensions to the front desk or anyone otherwise you're automatically sent to a recording service. It's frustrating for sure. Another weakness is their 3rd party billing company sends bills automatically even if they are paid before the bills are sent. I have had to call to make sure it has been paid and cleared in their system and they always verify even though I receive the same bill after payment. There's a disconnect or way too long a time lapse between them and their billing company.
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Patel is very straight-forward and almost discouraging in setting expectations for success. He was set on not beginning the process for egg retrieval until my thyroid hit a certain number, but I read the studies he sent me and showed him that my thyroid level was good for egg retrieval and so he finally agreed to go forward after months of delay based on that. Since he agreed with me, he was very clear to warn that we may have no eggs much less embryos since we went forward without reaching his ideal thyroid number. I acknowledged his warning and we went forward and I now have 4 frozen embryos. He is a nice man and very knowledgeable but stubborn and very much "by the book" which is both good and bad. He is always very professional and courteous when I see him.
Be patient but also advocate for yourself.
Dr. Patel was very careful not to get my hopes up on starting with IVF immediately as we awaited insurance approval. His support staff are great, but there's a lot of time delay in getting things done and communication was not good in the beginning. I did not feel like a number, because he definitely did not rush things but at times I did not feel like a human being, because he is very insistent on getting things done by a checklist of requirements that seemed never-ending and almost impossible to meet. He is very professional and I appreciate his knowledge and professionalism.
I was on 150 menopur and 300 gonal-f for 10 days and then 10,000 hcg trigger. It effectively allowed us to successfully create 4 frozen embryos.
There was a lot of miscommunication in the beginning with the staff and me. It got better after I expressed my dissatisfaction. One big thing was in the beginning the nurse told me my blood work was all good to move forward and when I went for the appointment the Dr. told me it was not so that was another delay and a big waste of time and resources for both myself and the clinic because they did an unnecessary ultrasound since they had my results and could have avoided the ultrasound. They did not bill me for that visit because I complained about it. That was a huge mistake but nothing like that has happened again after I made sure to follow up on my own results and understand what the lab tests meant on my own. The nursing staff personally are wonderful and friendly and have dealt with me on my worst days with compassion and empathy so that always made me feel better. This journey is stressful and the hormones magnify the emotions so I'm sure they deal with it all but they have handled me in an excellent manner when it comes to emotionally and the stress.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Weakness is their phone system. You have to know the extensions to the front desk or anyone otherwise you're automatically sent to a recording service. It's frustrating for sure. Another weakness is their 3rd party billing company sends bills automatically even if they are paid before the bills are sent. I have had to call to make sure it has been paid and cleared in their system and they always verify even though I receive the same bill after payment. There's a disconnect or way too long a time lapse between them and their billing company. Clinics strength is they have an amazing lab with a lab director and I think this is probably more important than the doctor when it comes to IVF. I had lots of trouble in the beginning with communication and timing but when it came down to actual egg retrieval procedure and reports from the lab, it was all smooth and excellent. The offices are always clean and the operating room and lab are all in the same building which is convenient.
I don't know because we have insurance coverage. This clinic is part of the centers of excellence. We have spent most of our deductible from our visits and fertility medication.
He is a one embryo only transfer doctor.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Patel was always cold toward me. In fact, he was much warmer and made a lot more eye contact with my husband. Every time he came into a monitoring appointment or an actual IUI, he had forgotten when he last saw me and how many IUI's I had already done. He also forgot what information he had told me at the last appointment. He never stayed long enough to answer my questions and actually made a comment to me about the amount of questions I had the one time he listened to them.
The nursing staff [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] was kind and friendly. No complaints there.... The front office woman is phenomenal. She is really compassionate and nice to speak to. The office is small and needs some updating /refurbishing.... I did three IUI's with Dr. Patel. The first round I took Clomid, had three follicles grow but my lining was thin. The next round I was switched to Femara, had two follicles grow, good lining but still negative result. The third IUI was canceled due to a cyst, so we tried again the next month and only had one follicle grow. Also a negative result.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Patel seemed to not care about me or the situation I was in. He was very cold when telling my husband and I that we had a less than 5% chance of ever conceiving naturally. He had absolutely no opinion or suggestions as to what vitamins and supplements I should be taking to increase my chances and improve egg quality. When he spoke to us, he talked to and made eye contact with my husband but rarely with me, even though the treatment was centered around me! He didn't seem to care about the results of each treatment. There was no way I would have stayed and done ivf with him.
He is the typical cold, no bedside manner doctor. If you want a doctor that shows little compassion and just focuses on treating you, he's your guy. If you want anything more, go somewhere else.
The nursing staff was kind and friendly. No complaints there.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The IUI's totaled to about $1200 for each one.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Johnson was so kind and caring, I would cry at every appointment and he took the time to listen. His approach was positive and warm, he didn't provide any false hope to us when things looked grim. He was accommodating with our schedules for monitoring and the IUIs we did with him.... He did what many people who try to understand infertility but fall short in, he validated everything we were feeling. He took his time explaining every detail with us, which was so important at the beginning of this difficult process.
At the time the clinic [AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] was short staffed on nursing staff, so the nurses were quite busy juggling a lot of moving parts. This ultimately was a reason we decided to seek a second opinion and go with a different clinic. IVF is a very detailed and delicate process that requires a lot of attention and it made me nervous to think Im shelling out a ton of money to possibly fall through the cracks.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
He is very kind and compassionate, has a great bedside manner for such a difficult time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Johnson was our first infertility doctor. He treated us like a human, was so patient, kind, and compassionate. He did what many people who try to understand infertility but fall short in, he validated everything we were feeling. He took his time explaining every detail with us, which was so important at the beginning of this difficult process.
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
We did one HSG to ensure my tubes were open due to the fact I have mild endometriosis, three IUI's with Dr. Johnson, and one timed intercourse, because I responded well to clomid and had plenty of follicles being produced. And my husbands semen analysis had good numbers too post wash. However we never got pregnant via IUI's/TI with Dr. Johnson.
At the time the clinic was short staffed on nursing staff, so the nurses were quite busy juggling a lot of moving parts. This ultimately was a reason we decided to seek a second opinion and go with a different clinic. IVF is a very detailed and delicate process that requires a lot of attention and it made me nervous to think Im shelling out a ton of money to possibly fall through the cracks.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
At the time when we were with AARH we were told 3 IUI's and if no success we could move onto IVF. Well three unsuccessful IUI's we sat down to discuss our next steps, we were quoted a $30,000 price tag without medications. We were not surprised by this and willing to still pursue treatment with the clinic. However we were told we would need to wait an additional three months prior to starting a cycle due to staffing issues. I work as a nurse, I am very familiar with staffing issues, it seems a little crazy to give that much money and be told to wait even more after you've been waiting for so long, my patience was growing very thin. Im sure they probably have straightened everything out now considering this was roughly three years ago. Strengths definitely is Dr. Johnson's warm, compassionate bedside manner, this is a hard process to go through and to have someone be kind and understand what youre feeling is truly priceless.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Luckily all my IUI's were covered by my insurance all I had to pay for was meds think it was like $300 for Clomid and Ovidrel trigger.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Only thing went wrong was that we were told 3 IUI's and if no success then move onto IVF. We were ready to start after 3 failed IUI's and then told we needed to wait an additional three months due to staffing issues.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Mark Johnson] neglected important blood work for me. He did not test my AMH level, which indicates ovarian reserve. I spent several months in his care never knowing that my ovarian reserve was low. I didn't find out until I moved states and switched doctors...He seemed to understate our fertility diagnosis. On our first visit he told us "I see no reason why you won't walk out of here pregnant." ... I think if he's initial work-up had been more thorough we would have had a better understanding of our fertility situation.
The billing department [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] is a nightmare. It is extremely difficult to get a call back from them. I remember that they were understaffed and that much of the billing was falling to one individual who was well-intentioned but under-resourced... I was also still dealing with billing issues many months after leaving the clinic...There seems to be a lot of turn over in the nursing staff.
Dr. Johnson is an excellent doctor. He is very warm and compassionate. However, I would be reluctant to refer friends to him for two reasons. 1) He neglected important blood work for me. He did not test my AMH level, which indicates ovarian reserve. I spent several months in his care never knowing that my ovarian reserve was low. I didn't find out until I moved states and switched doctors. 2) He seemed to understate our fertility diagnosis. On our first visit he told us "I see no reason why you won't walk out of here pregnant." Well, it's been two years of constant treatments, two different procedures for my husband, and we still aren't pregnant. I think if he's initial work-up had been more thorough we would have had a better understanding of our fertility situation.
Sometimes you may need to steer the conversation to the answers you need. I noticed that he dodges difficult questions with humor at times. For example I asked him why our IUI cycle had failed and he said "well it's dark in there and sperm can't see." This would have been a great opportunity to dig deeper into our sperm quality. He does seem willing to answer questions though, so I would simply recommend being very direct if you are looking for concrete answers.
Dr. Johnson was very caring and took ample time to speak with us. He was our first experience with an infertility doctor and he was very kind and optimistic.
We used clomid at half the standard starting dose for two of my cycles. (I believe it was 25 mg rather than 50mg, but I'm not certain) His rationale was that he wanted to be sure I didn't over stimulate, causing the cycle to be cancelled since he wouldn't perform the IUI if there were more than 2-3 mature follicles. The second round of clomid I only had 1 mature follicle and had cyst during my next baseline after that cycle failed. He switched me to femara and I had a better response and less side effects on that medication.
There seems to be a lot of turn over in the nursing staff. They weren't particularly memorable to me. I do remember some difficulty getting through to them on the phone.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic cannot process paperwork! The billing department is a nightmare. It is extremely difficult to get a call back from them. I remember that they were understaffed and that much of the billing was falling to one individual who was well-intentioned but under-resourced. I did have to escalate my concerns to a clinic director at one point. I was also still dealing with billing issues many months after leaving the clinic. I did not receive a bill for our initial consultation until nearly one year after the consult occurred. (They told me this was my insurance company's fault, however I've never, ever seen any of my insurance companies take that long to process a claim, so I am doubtful that the insurance was completely to blame.) When you do call the billing department be prepared for very long hold times.
$500 for IUI procedure, $200-300 per ultrasound (two per cycle)
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
My main concerns with this clinic came from the billing department (previously described) and the fact that my ovarian reserve was never tested. The hold times to get in touch with a nurse was also frustrating.

2005 - 2011
Dr. Patel was very open to my trying to conceive as a single woman. I felt he genuinely wanted me to have a child, but given that I was older was very clear about my changes. But he also kept me hopeful that I would achieve success. I loved that he took the time to explain everything to me clearly and made sure I understood what everything was for and what the results meant...He adjusted his treatment in response to my body's reaction to previous cycles. He was very abreast of the latest in fertility treatments and actually the cycle I got pregnant he was trying a different approach because of things he had just read about in the medical journals.
The doctors and nurses are top notch. And their embryologist is absolutely excellent. This makes a huge difference in a fertility clinic. I highly recommend AZARH to anyone needing assistance with fertility treatment...He [Dr. Patel] was fairly straight forward with me, because I was older my changes were less, but he was still hopeful and aggressive with his treatment. And he did things because of medical knowledge and experience. I was very pleased with his overall approach and his results.
2005 - 2011
I genuinely got to know and admire Dr. Patel. He was extremely caring and very good at what he did. He adjusted his treatment in response to my body's reaction to previous cycles. He was very abreast of the latest in fertility treatments and actually the cycle I got pregnant he was trying a different approach because of things he had just read about in the medical journals. I do and have recommended Dr. Patel to friends.
Listen to him. He knows his stuff. He was fairly straight forward with me, because I was older my changes were less, but he was still hopeful and aggressive with his treatment. And he did things because of medical knowledge and experience. I was very pleased with his overall approach and his results.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I had failed to conceive several times, IUI and IVF, because I was older and was using donor sperm. My eggs appeared good, though, so he was willing to help me. I was very lucky when two of my embryos took.
2019 - 2020
[Dr. Ketan Patel] Is straight to the point when giving information but sometimes does not clearly answer questions or answers snidely. This was the reason I never left the office feeling like I was clear on the procedures to come...Unfortunately, due to the level of communication I did not know what strategies were being used...There was never any follow up unless I called myself. No one called to check on status and if I would like to continue moving forward. End of visit instructions were never clear. Change of person handling my visits not clearly communicated Doctor Nps
Unfortunately, due to the level of communication I did not know what strategies were being used [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health]...Nursing staff was friendly but I always experienced conflicting information between them...My second trip it was not made clear that I needed to pick up medication. I was asked for my preferred pharmacy but not told medicine would be sent. I was snidely told at my next appointment I was supposed to have taken it before the current appt.
2019 - 2020
Ask more and more questions and do not stop asking questions. Your comfort level is important for the process and the price your are paying for each cycle. I feel like my money is more wasted than used efficiently.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic has high ratings but do your research and don't use the rating as an end all be all. There are many things that could be tons better from them. ASk several questions and communicate your dissatisfaction along the way
My IUI without medication was 800 I believe. With medication it was 1050 plus cost of medication
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Patel was honest and straight to the point. I didn’t always understand what we were doing or why we were doing it - which wasn’t my preferred way to handle it- but they always answered my questions when I asked them directly...We used an antagonist protocol with extended birth control pill use beforehand. We tried this method first I believe because it is the standard approach at this clinic for good results with minimal risk of OHSS.
The clinic [Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] did not personalize the cycle to my test results and history so a lot of mistakes were made. However, the doctor and nurses gave me their personal contact information to ask questions and that made me feel like more of a human being...We used an antagonist protocol with extended birth control pill use beforehand. We tried this method first I believe because it is the standard approach at this clinic for good results with minimal risk of OHSS.
Make sure you advocate for yourself. Understand what your options are and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
The clinic did not personalize the cycle to my test results and history so a lot of mistakes were made. However, the doctor and nurses gave me their personal contact information to ask questions and that made me feel like more of a human being.
My nurse was fantastic in speaking with me but I am not sure we were proceeding with the best protocol for me and my body specifically.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I chose this clinic because it was smaller with good success rates and because I didn’t want to feel like a number. I’m not sure this was the case in the end but I if I get pregnant in the end with this clinic’s great success rates, everything else will be worth it.
Base treatment for IVF $6500 Anaesthesiologist $500 Biopsy fee for testing $1300 FET $3500
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
We had several last minute changes that I only was told because I specifically asked about them.
+ Read more- Read less

I felt that this doctor [Dr. Johnson] took a personal interest in my case, calling me personally and addressing issues. However this doctor did not display a sense of urgency or timeliness about my treatments, so I eventually left this clinic....I felt like a human when this doctor called me personally...The treatment strategies used were appropriate but they did not take a proactive role in managing our care....
This clinic [AZ Assoc Repro Health] appears at first to give quality service, but on subsequent visits I heard the office staff making derisive comments about clients who were calling in, saying there being irrational or hysterical. This made me trust the clinic less...My nurse was a clear communicator and answered questions fully....This clinic just did not make our treatments a priority when it became clear we would need to work on getting funding at each stage.
I felt that this doctor took a personal interest in my case, calling me personally and addressing issues. However this doctor did not display a sense of urgency or timeliness about my treatments, so I eventually left this clinic.
Ask for a clear timeline and follow up if they are not making timely progress on your insurance or treatments.
I felt like a human when this doctor called me personally. I did not like when they couldn't make time to schedule my procedures because they did not plan it correctly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Corinne)
My nurse was a clear communicator and answered questions fully.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic appears at first to give quality service, but on subsequent visits I heard the office staff making derisive comments about clients who were calling in, saying there being irrational or hysterical. This made me trust the clinic less.
The costs of care were approx said to be $17k for IVF.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Patel is a very busy man, because he is so good at what he does. He often was short and consise with what he was saying, but whenever i had further questions, he did take the time to answer them.... At first I struggled with him because he is not very emotional, however once I realized how knowledgeable he was, that no longer mattered to me. We had several setbacks due to my bodies response to the medicines, and i appareciated his honesty and the way he led us thru that time.
I enjoyed the clinic [AZ Associates for Reproductive Health-Scottsdale]. They were very organized, clean, and welcoming. I felt comfortable whenever I was there and trusted that they were handling everything correctly. I appreciated that they worked with an acupuncturist and allowed him to be present the day is the transfer.... The nurses were amazing and compassionate and made up for Dr. Patel’s missing emotion and compassion throughout the process. They really complemented each other.
Dr. Patel is an incredible doctor. I trust him tremendously. At first I struggled with him because he is not very emotional, however once I realized how knowledgeable he was, that no longer mattered to me. We had several setbacks due to my bodies response to the medicines, and i appareciated his honesty and the way he led us thru that time.
If you need an emotional doctor, he may not be the right fit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Tabitha)
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I enjoyed the clinic. They were very organized, clean, and welcoming. I felt comfortable whenever I was there and trusted that they were handling everything correctly. I appreciated that they worked with an acupuncturist and allowed him to be present the day is the transfer.
Dr. Patel prefers to transfer one embryo I believe.

2017 - 2020
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Patel is honest but doesn't really offer additional information. I always felt that I needed write down my questions so that I could get them in as quickly as possible. I don't feel like I have a good understanding of my fertility diagnosis (still) and don't feel as though my treatment was tailored to my personal needs....I asked about doing two and he told you don't get a BOGO. He explained that doing just one has better odds...I had two IVF protocols (both 7 days of stims) with daily 75 IU Menopur, between 200 - 300 units Gonal-F, Cetrotide on the first cycle and Ganirelix on the second starting day 5, Lupron trigger and Pregnyl for first cycle, just Lupron trigger for the second. Dexamethasone during stim meds and doxycycline after the retrieval.
I've been going to this clinic [Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] for years now in our fertility journey. I've been in the office many, many times and I felt like I had to basically reintroduce myself every time up until my second egg retrieval cycle...Dr. Patel is honest but doesn't really offer additional information. I always felt that I needed write down my questions so that I could get them in as quickly as possible. I don't feel like I have a good understanding of my fertility diagnosis (still) and don't feel as though my treatment was tailored to my personal needs.
2017 - 2020
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I've been going to this clinic for years now in our fertility journey. I've been in the office many, many times and I felt like I had to basically reintroduce myself every time up until my second egg retrieval cycle.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Patel is a wonderful doctor. He is straight forward, but not harsh. He is not a hand holder, but always made me feel comfortable. He is brilliant and I trust him implicitly. He had a game plan from our first meeting, which made me feel confident we were right to change doctors.... Dr. Patel is not your shoulder to cry on. He is going to be straight forward and serious about your treatment. Trust him.
I loved my nurses [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health]! They were always warm and friendly, they made me feel like we were a team. We were all in it together. I miss seeing them, to be honest.... [They were] Usually on time, never had to wait too long Worked with you on payments... Dr. Patel and his staff were always personable and warm, I never felt like a number. I had to remind them of certain things, like my age and a few background details, but I expected that.
This is an extremely emotional time. Dr. Patel is not your shoulder to cry on. He is going to be straight forward and serious about your treatment. Trust him.
I can't remember anything out of the norm for an IVF cycle (I did Google the drugs I was ion and nothing came up as abnormal).
I loved my nurses! They were always warm and friendly, they made me feel like we were a team. We were all in it together. I miss seeing them, to be honest.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Usually on time, never had to wait too long Worked with you on payments
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Johnson experienced infertility personally, so he gets it. He was thorough and compassionate, but also realistic. We felt informed and safe. We also liked that Dr. Johnson had us do genetic screening which was useful...Dr. Johnson spent a lot of time consulting with us and learning about our experience with infertility. He was very warm and personable. He was also easy to reach with questions along the way...Be prepared to do the genetic screening- this is important to Dr. Johnson. He really wants a clear picture of your situation before proceeding.
Scheduling can be hard [at AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] , so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to. Mostly great. There was one woman who would answer phones who was very rude. But mostly his staff was great and even took calls on the weekends...I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
We did a monitored cycle with femara, then a trigger shot for ovulation followed by IUI. We also discussed moving on to IVF next.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Scheduling can be hard, so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to.
I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

2012 - 2013
Dr. Patel knew who I was and saw me on each visit. He was not rushed and took his time with me...[The nursing staff] remembered me and my story.
2012 - 2013
He is an extraordinary physician. I trusted him entirely. I like that he was brutally honest with me that my chances of conceiving were small but also gave me enough hope to keep trying. He told me "I've seen miracles happen" - and my son was our miracle.
Ask questions if you don't understand. The medical terminology and his explanations were sometimes hard to follow, but I followed up with questions to my satisfaction.
They remembered me and my story.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Personal, compassionate. Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall....One big incident. Lab results weren't reviewed timely. When I went in for uterine resection surgery, I was informed that in addition to my septated uterus, I also had a balanced translocation, which changed the course of my treatment significantly. The surgery was canceled and rescheduled while I debated how to move forward.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Check your insurance coverage
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Personal, compassionate
Accessible.
Smaller, comfortable
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Testing was covered. Any treatments were out of pocket.
Mark Amols
Chandler (closed)
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

Dr Johnson saw me at every appointment (unless it was just blood work) and did all monitoring and procedures. He and his staff new me by name and were interested in getting to know me and my husband. I felt like they truly cared and were personally invested in my success...
2012 - 2013
Dr. Amols came up with a great plan according to what we could afford and what methods we did or did not want to use to treat our infertility. I knew wholeheartedly that he does what he does to help people get pregnant, not for the money. He is good at what he does medically, but still makes it a personal experience.... He really cares about his patients, always remembered me and my husband, had conversations dressed and in his office instead of an exam room. he also shared personal experiences to help me relate and see him as a person as well (you can tell he was a nurse before he became a doctor).
I don't really recall the nurses [at AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] except for drawing my blood or being present as a chaparone for US. Most of my interaction was with the doctor. I did not have any complaints about the nurses though.... We used clomid and then did 2 FSH injections after an ultrasound to help the follicles grow. We then went in for IUI, but the 1st time my ovulation fell on Thanksgiving and the office he was working at was closed, so we went the following day. I feel (after tracking my own ovulation for years) that we missed that ovulation. The following month, it was going to land on Christmas, so we did clomid and intercourse alone that month. The following month we did Clomid and 2 injections of Menopur, had the IUI on the correct day and got pregnant with our twin boys.
2012 - 2013
Share with him your thoughts and feelings. He really does listen to them.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I answered these questions positively, but I don't really recall the nurses except for drawing my blood or being present as a chaparone for US. Most of my interaction was with the doctor. I did not have any complaints about the nurses though.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I did not go to New Direction. I went to the clinic Dr Amols worked at before he opened this clinic. I do know that he opened this clinic because the one he worked for was ALL about the money and he didn't agree with that.
I do not recall, but I do remember that he did what he could to help keep treatment affordable.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
No experience with this
Mark Amols

2020
My experience as a patient with Dr Patel was amazing. He took the time to listen to me and he made sure i understood everything he would tell me. I never left the office without a understanding of my appointment. Dr. Patel had taken the time to help me find my fertility issue... made sure we wear mask since we are under the Pandemic with covid-19 he made sure to take precautions to keep us safe...has taken the time to talk with me and explained step by step procedures and has always made me feel welcome to his office he doesn't make me feel like i am just a number to him. He took the time to explain my infertility to hopefully start treatment soon.
[Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] is very organized and polite. They always have a smile and are always helpful and if i need questions answered they are always ready to help. During the Covind-19 Pandemic they where always professional and informed us in time if we needed to wear mask...My experience as a patient with Dr Patel was amazing. He took the time to listen to me and he made sure i understood everything he would tell me. I never left the office without a understanding of my appointment. Dr. Patel had taken the time to help me find my fertility issue... made sure we wear mask
2020
To trust Dr. Patel that he would do anything to help the cause of our infertility.
Dr. Patel has taken the time to talk with me and explained step by step procedures and has always made me feel welcome to his office he doesn't make me feel like i am just a number to him. He took the time to explain my infertility to hopefully start treatment soon.
Dr. Patel made sure we wear mask since we are under the Pandemic with covid-19 he made sure to take precautions to keep us safe.
The staff was amazing and always friendly.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Patel clinic is very organized and polite. They always have a smile and are always helpful and if i need questions answered they are always ready to help. During the Covind-19 Pandemic they where always professional and informed us in time if we needed to wear mask.
I am still in the process to start treatment soon depending if i will need IUI or IVF

2020
[Dr. Ketan Patel] Made sure I understood everything...He always made sure I understood what is going on with my body and how it can effect me in ivf.. if Myself or husband had any questions he would answer. He would also ask us questions to get to know us and made us feel really comfortable...I didn’t start treatment yet
There was one girl [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] that’s always in the front office at the Gilbert location. She is so friendly !!! So caring and always has a smile on her face. Answers any questions I had and very organized...The clinic I go to is Gilbert. It’s very clean, quiet and they get you in and out very fast you don’t hAve to wait a long time. One thing I noticed which is so nice is some of the ultrasounds are done while you’re on menstrual cycle so they make sure to leave out girl supplies instead of making you search for them ( other clinics don’t do that)
2020
I would recommend going in with a lot questions he will definitely answer all of them
Made sure I understood everything
I didn’t start treatment yet
There was one girl that’s always in the front office at the Gilbert location. She is so friendly !!! So caring and always has a smile on her face. Answers any questions I had and very organized
+ Read more- Read less
Dr.Patel was rated one of the best drs in Arizona he is very nice and made sure he answered all our questions we are just starting our journey ... The doctors seem so friendly and sweet, very informative and keep us in the loop on everything ... We are on our first step we just took our Semen Analysis ... We haven’t made it that far yet we just had our first appointment last week I’m excited to see what will be next
The office workers [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] are so friendly they made my husband feel so comfortable and made sure we understand every step ... the ladies in the front are so sweet and helpful, they made our First visit a breeze, the clinic was clean and made us feel welcomed ... We haven’t made it that far yet we just had our first appointment last week I’m excited to see what will be next
Dr.Patel was rated one of the best drs in Arizona he is very nice and made sure he answered all our questions we are just starting our journey, the ladies in the front are so sweet and helpful, they made our First visit a breeze, the clinic was clean and made us feel welcomed
Every journey is different hold on be patient,
The office workers are so friendly they made my husband feel so comfortable and made sure we understand every step
We are on our first step we just took our Semen Analysis
Very friendly
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The team is amazing, haven’t seen any weekends in them at all, I’m excited to start my journey and can’t wait to see what’s next. The doctors seem so friendly and sweet, very informative and keep us in the loop on everything
We are on our first step not sure how much yet

2007 - 2013
[Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health was] Clean, friendly-always a smile to greet you. Good magazines in the wait room. We never had to wait too long-no more than 5-10 minutes. The entire staff was kind and empathetic. I’m so glad we found them...[Dr. Ketan Patel] was friendly, funny, empathetic...He was kind and wonderful every step of the way through a really stressful time in our lives. He walked us through decisions and provided lots of information. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor...He strongly recommended transferring 1 or 2...after our first successful cycle-I responded better with the agonist protocol...just ask because he’s very open to answering questions.
2007 - 2013
If you don’t understand something just ask because he’s very open to answering questions.
He was friendly, funny, empathetic.
After our first successful cycle-I responded better with the agonist protocol.
He strongly recommended transferring 1 or 2