Genetic counseling: Offered
2222 East Highland Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85016
8573 East Princess Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health to a friend?

6.9

1 doctor
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I could write a book about Doreen [nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health]. As much as I love [Dr.] Patel, she is a HUGE part of why I love their clinic. She goes WAYY ABOVE AND BEYOND...We did not have coverage the whole cycle and the clinic did everything possible to work with us on billing needs...Everyone is so compassionate and caring, they ensure I am satisfied and leave happy each time. I will forever refer all my friends to them for any infertility need! From the front desk gals who verify benefits, to the nursing staff and provider himself, this staff is one of a kind!
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
They are an awesome clinic. I got to the Scottsdale location which is a bit small compared to other offices I've seen but does not lack in quality. Sometimes smaller is better, but their staff are phenomenal! Everyone is so compassionate and caring, they ensure I am satisfied and leave happy each time. I will forever refer all my friends to them for any infertility need! From the front desk gals who verify benefits, to the nursing staff and provider himself, this staff is one of a kind!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
He takes my calls all hours of the night. I shattered my Lupron trigger vial, on accident. He sat on the phone with me almost 20 minutes letting me cry and assured me it would be okay. He also stayed up late praying for me that nothing would happen to my cycle because of my accident. He is the best doctor I could ask for..
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Dorren)
I could write a book about Doreen. As much as I love Patel, she is a HUGE part of why I love their clinic. She goes WAYY ABOVE AND BEYOND. Who do you think was there on Easter Sunday with him doing my scan and labs? HER! She responds to my insane late night messages and 911 texts. She puts me at ease and calls to check up on me. She is a saint.
How was your experience with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
He is an amazing physician. He is very personable and takes the time to see me on each visit. He explains all risks and possibilities so that I am fully prepared for what is coming. I had an accident where I dropped my Lupron trigger vial and it shattered into a million pieces. I called him, ugly crying my eyes out. Dr.Patel reassured me we would do everything possible to ensure my cycle did not get interrupted. He stayed up late praying for me that my levels would be okay. You cannot ask that of a doctor, and will never find that with others. He has come in on Easter Sunday for me when I needed monitoring appointments. I cannot say enough about this man and how amazing he is.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
He may seem a little cut and dry at first but do not let this scare you off. He means well and has the absolute best intentions for all his patients. He takes pride in what he does and ensures all his patients get the best care he can give them. You won't find a better doctor!
Describe the protocols Ketan Patel used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I am not sure of the protocol names, but he monitored me closely to avoid OHSS. I did menopur 75 iu per day, gonal started at 200 iu, but bumped up to 300 iu in my cycle to help my ovaries stimulate more, he prescrived dexomethazone and cetrotide as well. I did these during my stims.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
It was cheap for my OOP costs. I worked a second job during this to qualify for Starbucks insurance to help with costs of some of the procedures. We did not have coverage the whole cycle and the clinic did everything possible to work with us on billing needs.
Describe Ketan Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
He is very conservative and does all his planning to give his patients the best results. I am in the middle of my first IVF cycle so am not sure how many I will transfer. I want 2, he recommends 1. We agreed it would depend on my egg quality after retrieval and how the embryos came back. He is very reasonable, but has my best interest at heart, so ultimately I will trust him.
Scottsdale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ketan Patel at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
I believe the office as met every expectation we had. I work in the medical field so I also understand the work flow behind the scene that makes clinics work. The practice is small and I am thankful for that. You get more one on one care. ... Bonnie is incredible. She has been available to use and our egg donor after hours and has answered all of our questions. I am amazed at how polite and compassion she has for us and her work. She is very willing to help in any way she can.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I really haven't found a weakness. I believe the office as met every expectation we had. I work in the medical field so I also understand the work flow behind the scene that makes clinics work. The practice is small and I am thankful for that. You get more one on one care.
my husband and were nervous going to a doctor in Scottsdale due to the clientele around the area. We're both hardworking people, so my husband shows up in a grease stained shirt and me in scrubs. Not once were we looked down on for our income. We were treated with the most respect we have seen. Dr. Patel broke the news very gently knowing that I would not take it very easy. He even took the time to take go over the diagnosis in 2 appointments so we would fully understand.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie)
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
At 29 it is not easy to hear that menopause is happening within a few years. Not only that but both tubes were blocked, hormones are awful and at my young age my egg reserve was extremely low. My husband and I were treated with great respect and met with Dr. Patel himself at every appointment. He would spend as much time as he would need to go over the findings as well as the next steps. I would frequently met with his wonderful staff right after where they would go in depth about money and options available to me. His team would answer questions after hours and never made me feel like the questions I had were not appropriate. He took the time to make sure I knew that certain paths would not be worth it for me and our wallets which was a huge relief. We felt like he was human and not just a doctor out to make money. Dr. Patel is a miracle in our journey.
Ask as many questions that you would need. Be patient in the waiting room and know that he is behind because he cares about his patients.
We are just beginning our journey of IVF Egg Donor. My donor has just been approved and will be here in April for further testing.
I am going through a known donor and I was quoted 12,000
My doctor does one egg transfers at a time if they are good quality and multiple if the quality is low

IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Weakness is their [AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] phone system. You have to know the extensions to the front desk or anyone otherwise you're automatically sent to a recording service. It's frustrating for sure. Another weakness is their 3rd party billing company sends bills automatically even if they are paid before the bills are sent. I have had to call to make sure it has been paid and cleared in their system and they always verify even though I receive the same bill after payment. There's a disconnect or way too long a time lapse between them and their billing company.
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Weakness is their phone system. You have to know the extensions to the front desk or anyone otherwise you're automatically sent to a recording service. It's frustrating for sure. Another weakness is their 3rd party billing company sends bills automatically even if they are paid before the bills are sent. I have had to call to make sure it has been paid and cleared in their system and they always verify even though I receive the same bill after payment. There's a disconnect or way too long a time lapse between them and their billing company. Clinics strength is they have an amazing lab with a lab director and I think this is probably more important than the doctor when it comes to IVF. I had lots of trouble in the beginning with communication and timing but when it came down to actual egg retrieval procedure and reports from the lab, it was all smooth and excellent. The offices are always clean and the operating room and lab are all in the same building which is convenient.
Dr. Patel was very careful not to get my hopes up on starting with IVF immediately as we awaited insurance approval. His support staff are great, but there's a lot of time delay in getting things done and communication was not good in the beginning. I did not feel like a number, because he definitely did not rush things but at times I did not feel like a human being, because he is very insistent on getting things done by a checklist of requirements that seemed never-ending and almost impossible to meet. He is very professional and I appreciate his knowledge and professionalism.
There was a lot of miscommunication in the beginning with the staff and me. It got better after I expressed my dissatisfaction. One big thing was in the beginning the nurse told me my blood work was all good to move forward and when I went for the appointment the Dr. told me it was not so that was another delay and a big waste of time and resources for both myself and the clinic because they did an unnecessary ultrasound since they had my results and could have avoided the ultrasound. They did not bill me for that visit because I complained about it. That was a huge mistake but nothing like that has happened again after I made sure to follow up on my own results and understand what the lab tests meant on my own. The nursing staff personally are wonderful and friendly and have dealt with me on my worst days with compassion and empathy so that always made me feel better. This journey is stressful and the hormones magnify the emotions so I'm sure they deal with it all but they have handled me in an excellent manner when it comes to emotionally and the stress.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Patel is very straight-forward and almost discouraging in setting expectations for success. He was set on not beginning the process for egg retrieval until my thyroid hit a certain number, but I read the studies he sent me and showed him that my thyroid level was good for egg retrieval and so he finally agreed to go forward after months of delay based on that. Since he agreed with me, he was very clear to warn that we may have no eggs much less embryos since we went forward without reaching his ideal thyroid number. I acknowledged his warning and we went forward and I now have 4 frozen embryos. He is a nice man and very knowledgeable but stubborn and very much "by the book" which is both good and bad. He is always very professional and courteous when I see him.
Be patient but also advocate for yourself.
I was on 150 menopur and 300 gonal-f for 10 days and then 10,000 hcg trigger. It effectively allowed us to successfully create 4 frozen embryos.
I don't know because we have insurance coverage. This clinic is part of the centers of excellence. We have spent most of our deductible from our visits and fertility medication.
He is a one embryo only transfer doctor.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] was kind and friendly. No complaints there.... The front office woman is phenomenal. She is really compassionate and nice to speak to. The office is small and needs some updating /refurbishing.... I did three IUI's with Dr. Patel. The first round I took Clomid, had three follicles grow but my lining was thin. The next round I was switched to Femara, had two follicles grow, good lining but still negative result. The third IUI was canceled due to a cyst, so we tried again the next month and only had one follicle grow. Also a negative result.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Patel was always cold toward me. In fact, he was much warmer and made a lot more eye contact with my husband. Every time he came into a monitoring appointment or an actual IUI, he had forgotten when he last saw me and how many IUI's I had already done. He also forgot what information he had told me at the last appointment. He never stayed long enough to answer my questions and actually made a comment to me about the amount of questions I had the one time he listened to them.
The nursing staff was kind and friendly. No complaints there.
Dr. Patel seemed to not care about me or the situation I was in. He was very cold when telling my husband and I that we had a less than 5% chance of ever conceiving naturally. He had absolutely no opinion or suggestions as to what vitamins and supplements I should be taking to increase my chances and improve egg quality. When he spoke to us, he talked to and made eye contact with my husband but rarely with me, even though the treatment was centered around me! He didn't seem to care about the results of each treatment. There was no way I would have stayed and done ivf with him.
He is the typical cold, no bedside manner doctor. If you want a doctor that shows little compassion and just focuses on treating you, he's your guy. If you want anything more, go somewhere else.
The IUI's totaled to about $1200 for each one.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
At the time the clinic [AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] was short staffed on nursing staff, so the nurses were quite busy juggling a lot of moving parts. This ultimately was a reason we decided to seek a second opinion and go with a different clinic. IVF is a very detailed and delicate process that requires a lot of attention and it made me nervous to think Im shelling out a ton of money to possibly fall through the cracks.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
At the time when we were with AARH we were told 3 IUI's and if no success we could move onto IVF. Well three unsuccessful IUI's we sat down to discuss our next steps, we were quoted a $30,000 price tag without medications. We were not surprised by this and willing to still pursue treatment with the clinic. However we were told we would need to wait an additional three months prior to starting a cycle due to staffing issues. I work as a nurse, I am very familiar with staffing issues, it seems a little crazy to give that much money and be told to wait even more after you've been waiting for so long, my patience was growing very thin. Im sure they probably have straightened everything out now considering this was roughly three years ago. Strengths definitely is Dr. Johnson's warm, compassionate bedside manner, this is a hard process to go through and to have someone be kind and understand what youre feeling is truly priceless.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Johnson was our first infertility doctor. He treated us like a human, was so patient, kind, and compassionate. He did what many people who try to understand infertility but fall short in, he validated everything we were feeling. He took his time explaining every detail with us, which was so important at the beginning of this difficult process.
At the time the clinic was short staffed on nursing staff, so the nurses were quite busy juggling a lot of moving parts. This ultimately was a reason we decided to seek a second opinion and go with a different clinic. IVF is a very detailed and delicate process that requires a lot of attention and it made me nervous to think Im shelling out a ton of money to possibly fall through the cracks.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Johnson was so kind and caring, I would cry at every appointment and he took the time to listen. His approach was positive and warm, he didn't provide any false hope to us when things looked grim. He was accommodating with our schedules for monitoring and the IUIs we did with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
He is very kind and compassionate, has a great bedside manner for such a difficult time.
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
We did one HSG to ensure my tubes were open due to the fact I have mild endometriosis, three IUI's with Dr. Johnson, and one timed intercourse, because I responded well to clomid and had plenty of follicles being produced. And my husbands semen analysis had good numbers too post wash. However we never got pregnant via IUI's/TI with Dr. Johnson.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Luckily all my IUI's were covered by my insurance all I had to pay for was meds think it was like $300 for Clomid and Ovidrel trigger.
Gilbert

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

The billing department [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] is a nightmare. It is extremely difficult to get a call back from them. I remember that they were understaffed and that much of the billing was falling to one individual who was well-intentioned but under-resourced... I was also still dealing with billing issues many months after leaving the clinic...There seems to be a lot of turn over in the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic cannot process paperwork! The billing department is a nightmare. It is extremely difficult to get a call back from them. I remember that they were understaffed and that much of the billing was falling to one individual who was well-intentioned but under-resourced. I did have to escalate my concerns to a clinic director at one point. I was also still dealing with billing issues many months after leaving the clinic. I did not receive a bill for our initial consultation until nearly one year after the consult occurred. (They told me this was my insurance company's fault, however I've never, ever seen any of my insurance companies take that long to process a claim, so I am doubtful that the insurance was completely to blame.) When you do call the billing department be prepared for very long hold times.
Dr. Johnson was very caring and took ample time to speak with us. He was our first experience with an infertility doctor and he was very kind and optimistic.
There seems to be a lot of turn over in the nursing staff. They weren't particularly memorable to me. I do remember some difficulty getting through to them on the phone.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Johnson is an excellent doctor. He is very warm and compassionate. However, I would be reluctant to refer friends to him for two reasons. 1) He neglected important blood work for me. He did not test my AMH level, which indicates ovarian reserve. I spent several months in his care never knowing that my ovarian reserve was low. I didn't find out until I moved states and switched doctors. 2) He seemed to understate our fertility diagnosis. On our first visit he told us "I see no reason why you won't walk out of here pregnant." Well, it's been two years of constant treatments, two different procedures for my husband, and we still aren't pregnant. I think if he's initial work-up had been more thorough we would have had a better understanding of our fertility situation.
Sometimes you may need to steer the conversation to the answers you need. I noticed that he dodges difficult questions with humor at times. For example I asked him why our IUI cycle had failed and he said "well it's dark in there and sperm can't see." This would have been a great opportunity to dig deeper into our sperm quality. He does seem willing to answer questions though, so I would simply recommend being very direct if you are looking for concrete answers.
We used clomid at half the standard starting dose for two of my cycles. (I believe it was 25 mg rather than 50mg, but I'm not certain) His rationale was that he wanted to be sure I didn't over stimulate, causing the cycle to be cancelled since he wouldn't perform the IUI if there were more than 2-3 mature follicles. The second round of clomid I only had 1 mature follicle and had cyst during my next baseline after that cycle failed. He switched me to femara and I had a better response and less side effects on that medication.
$500 for IUI procedure, $200-300 per ultrasound (two per cycle)
Phoenix (Closed)

The clinic [Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] did not personalize the cycle to my test results and history so a lot of mistakes were made. However, the doctor and nurses gave me their personal contact information to ask questions and that made me feel like more of a human being...We used an antagonist protocol with extended birth control pill use beforehand. We tried this method first I believe because it is the standard approach at this clinic for good results with minimal risk of OHSS.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I chose this clinic because it was smaller with good success rates and because I didn’t want to feel like a number. I’m not sure this was the case in the end but I if I get pregnant in the end with this clinic’s great success rates, everything else will be worth it.
The clinic did not personalize the cycle to my test results and history so a lot of mistakes were made. However, the doctor and nurses gave me their personal contact information to ask questions and that made me feel like more of a human being.
My nurse was fantastic in speaking with me but I am not sure we were proceeding with the best protocol for me and my body specifically.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Patel was honest and straight to the point. I didn’t always understand what we were doing or why we were doing it - which wasn’t my preferred way to handle it- but they always answered my questions when I asked them directly.
Make sure you advocate for yourself. Understand what your options are and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Base treatment for IVF $6500 Anaesthesiologist $500 Biopsy fee for testing $1300 FET $3500

2005 - 2011
The doctors and nurses are top notch. And their embryologist is absolutely excellent. This makes a huge difference in a fertility clinic. I highly recommend AZARH to anyone needing assistance with fertility treatment...He [Dr. Patel] was fairly straight forward with me, because I was older my changes were less, but he was still hopeful and aggressive with his treatment. And he did things because of medical knowledge and experience. I was very pleased with his overall approach and his results.
2005 - 2011
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Patel was very open to my trying to conceive as a single woman. I felt he genuinely wanted me to have a child, but given that I was older was very clear about my changes. But he also kept me hopeful that I would achieve success. I loved that he took the time to explain everything to me clearly and made sure I understood what everything was for and what the results meant.
I genuinely got to know and admire Dr. Patel. He was extremely caring and very good at what he did. He adjusted his treatment in response to my body's reaction to previous cycles. He was very abreast of the latest in fertility treatments and actually the cycle I got pregnant he was trying a different approach because of things he had just read about in the medical journals. I do and have recommended Dr. Patel to friends.
Listen to him. He knows his stuff. He was fairly straight forward with me, because I was older my changes were less, but he was still hopeful and aggressive with his treatment. And he did things because of medical knowledge and experience. I was very pleased with his overall approach and his results.
I had failed to conceive several times, IUI and IVF, because I was older and was using donor sperm. My eggs appeared good, though, so he was willing to help me. I was very lucky when two of my embryos took.
Scottsdale
I enjoyed the clinic [AZ Associates for Reproductive Health-Scottsdale]. They were very organized, clean, and welcoming. I felt comfortable whenever I was there and trusted that they were handling everything correctly. I appreciated that they worked with an acupuncturist and allowed him to be present the day is the transfer.... The nurses were amazing and compassionate and made up for Dr. Patel’s missing emotion and compassion throughout the process. They really complemented each other.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I enjoyed the clinic. They were very organized, clean, and welcoming. I felt comfortable whenever I was there and trusted that they were handling everything correctly. I appreciated that they worked with an acupuncturist and allowed him to be present the day is the transfer.
Dr. Patel is a very busy man, because he is so good at what he does. He often was short and consise with what he was saying, but whenever i had further questions, he did take the time to answer them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Tabitha)
Dr. Patel is an incredible doctor. I trust him tremendously. At first I struggled with him because he is not very emotional, however once I realized how knowledgeable he was, that no longer mattered to me. We had several setbacks due to my bodies response to the medicines, and i appareciated his honesty and the way he led us thru that time.
If you need an emotional doctor, he may not be the right fit.
Dr. Patel prefers to transfer one embryo I believe.
Scottsdale

This clinic [AZ Assoc Repro Health] appears at first to give quality service, but on subsequent visits I heard the office staff making derisive comments about clients who were calling in, saying there being irrational or hysterical. This made me trust the clinic less...My nurse was a clear communicator and answered questions fully....This clinic just did not make our treatments a priority when it became clear we would need to work on getting funding at each stage.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic appears at first to give quality service, but on subsequent visits I heard the office staff making derisive comments about clients who were calling in, saying there being irrational or hysterical. This made me trust the clinic less.
I felt like a human when this doctor called me personally. I did not like when they couldn't make time to schedule my procedures because they did not plan it correctly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Corinne)
My nurse was a clear communicator and answered questions fully.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
I felt that this doctor took a personal interest in my case, calling me personally and addressing issues. However this doctor did not display a sense of urgency or timeliness about my treatments, so I eventually left this clinic.
Ask for a clear timeline and follow up if they are not making timely progress on your insurance or treatments.
The treatment strategies used were appropriate but they did not take a proactive role in managing our care.
The costs of care were approx said to be $17k for IVF.
Scottsdale
I loved my nurses [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health]! They were always warm and friendly, they made me feel like we were a team. We were all in it together. I miss seeing them, to be honest.... [They were] Usually on time, never had to wait too long Worked with you on payments... Dr. Patel and his staff were always personable and warm, I never felt like a number. I had to remind them of certain things, like my age and a few background details, but I expected that.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Usually on time, never had to wait too long Worked with you on payments
I loved my nurses! They were always warm and friendly, they made me feel like we were a team. We were all in it together. I miss seeing them, to be honest.
Dr. Patel is a wonderful doctor. He is straight forward, but not harsh. He is not a hand holder, but always made me feel comfortable. He is brilliant and I trust him implicitly. He had a game plan from our first meeting, which made me feel confident we were right to change doctors.
This is an extremely emotional time. Dr. Patel is not your shoulder to cry on. He is going to be straight forward and serious about your treatment. Trust him.
I can't remember anything out of the norm for an IVF cycle (I did Google the drugs I was ion and nothing came up as abnormal).
Scottsdale

Scheduling can be hard [at AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] , so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to. Mostly great. There was one woman who would answer phones who was very rude. But mostly his staff was great and even took calls on the weekends...I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Scheduling can be hard, so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to.
Dr. Johnson spent a lot of time consulting with us and learning about our experience with infertility. He was very warm and personable. He was also easy to reach with questions along the way.
Dr. Johnson experienced infertility personally, so he gets it. He was thorough and compassionate, but also realistic. We felt informed and safe. We also liked that Dr. Johnson had us do genetic screening which was useful.
Be prepared to do the genetic screening- this is important to Dr. Johnson. He really wants a clear picture of your situation before proceeding.
We did a monitored cycle with femara, then a trigger shot for ovulation followed by IUI. We also discussed moving on to IVF next.
I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100

2012 - 2013
Dr. Patel knew who I was and saw me on each visit. He was not rushed and took his time with me...[The nursing staff] remembered me and my story.
2012 - 2013
They remembered me and my story.
He is an extraordinary physician. I trusted him entirely. I like that he was brutally honest with me that my chances of conceiving were small but also gave me enough hope to keep trying. He told me "I've seen miracles happen" - and my son was our miracle.
Ask questions if you don't understand. The medical terminology and his explanations were sometimes hard to follow, but I followed up with questions to my satisfaction.
Scottsdale

Dr Johnson saw me at every appointment (unless it was just blood work) and did all monitoring and procedures. He and his staff new me by name and were interested in getting to know me and my husband. I felt like they truly cared and were personally invested in my success.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Personal, compassionate. Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall....One big incident. Lab results weren't reviewed timely. When I went in for uterine resection surgery, I was informed that in addition to my septated uterus, I also had a balanced translocation, which changed the course of my treatment significantly. The surgery was canceled and rescheduled while I debated how to move forward.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Smaller, comfortable
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Personal, compassionate
Accessible.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
How was your experience with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Check your insurance coverage
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Testing was covered. Any treatments were out of pocket.
Mark Amols
Chandler (Closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

2012 - 2013
I don't really recall the nurses [at AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] except for drawing my blood or being present as a chaparone for US. Most of my interaction was with the doctor. I did not have any complaints about the nurses though.... We used clomid and then did 2 FSH injections after an ultrasound to help the follicles grow. We then went in for IUI, but the 1st time my ovulation fell on Thanksgiving and the office he was working at was closed, so we went the following day. I feel (after tracking my own ovulation for years) that we missed that ovulation. The following month, it was going to land on Christmas, so we did clomid and intercourse alone that month. The following month we did Clomid and 2 injections of Menopur, had the IUI on the correct day and got pregnant with our twin boys.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I did not go to New Direction. I went to the clinic Dr Amols worked at before he opened this clinic. I do know that he opened this clinic because the one he worked for was ALL about the money and he didn't agree with that.
He really cares about his patients, always remembered me and my husband, had conversations dressed and in his office instead of an exam room. he also shared personal experiences to help me relate and see him as a person as well (you can tell he was a nurse before he became a doctor).
I answered these questions positively, but I don't really recall the nurses except for drawing my blood or being present as a chaparone for US. Most of my interaction was with the doctor. I did not have any complaints about the nurses though.
Dr. Amols came up with a great plan according to what we could afford and what methods we did or did not want to use to treat our infertility. I knew wholeheartedly that he does what he does to help people get pregnant, not for the money. He is good at what he does medically, but still makes it a personal experience.
Share with him your thoughts and feelings. He really does listen to them.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I do not recall, but I do remember that he did what he could to help keep treatment affordable.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
No experience with this
Mark Amols

2007 - 2013
[Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health was] Clean, friendly-always a smile to greet you. Good magazines in the wait room. We never had to wait too long-no more than 5-10 minutes. The entire staff was kind and empathetic. I’m so glad we found them...[Dr. Ketan Patel] was friendly, funny, empathetic...He was kind and wonderful every step of the way through a really stressful time in our lives. He walked us through decisions and provided lots of information. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor...He strongly recommended transferring 1 or 2...after our first successful cycle-I responded better with the agonist protocol...just ask because he’s very open to answering questions.
2007 - 2013
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
He was friendly, funny, empathetic.
If you don’t understand something just ask because he’s very open to answering questions.
After our first successful cycle-I responded better with the agonist protocol.
He strongly recommended transferring 1 or 2