Arizona Center for Fertility Studies

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
8997 E. Desert Cove Ave
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Center for Fertility Studies to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 10Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 18.8
2 doctors
3 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Strengths: willing to work with tough cases. Weaknesses: not a very organized office and too few people on staff and too many involved in each cases there should be one nurse to go to. The clinic [Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] is very dated inside in some areas and old can sometimes mean hard to clean so it reflects badly on their clinic.... My nurse was the donor coordinator and she’s very good and compassionate and doesn’t miss much. Loved her.
3 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Strengths: willing to work with tough cases. Weaknesses: not a very organized office and too few people on staff and too many involved in each cases there should be one nurse to go to. The clinic is very dated inside in some areas and old can sometimes mean hard to clean so it reflects badly on their clinic. People laugh about the main doc being too cheap to update it and that’s not good. It doesn’t have to be posh but 1980’s decor in some of the areas does not instill state of the art care in ones mind. It just doesn’t. L
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay Nemiro at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
He is extremely kind and cared about me and spent tons of time w me I like him very much but his office doesn’t run smoothly and this resulted in several serious oversights/mistakes that caused me to have to repeat the transfer. And his transfers are Much too expensive compared with much of the industry these days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Gina Caiazza)
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
How was your experience with Jay Nemiro at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
It’s very crazy there and they follow old processes for paperwork and such that has too many fingers in the pot and things get missed. He offered a discount after I politely confronted about some mistakes they’d made on my cycle and He offered a 20% discount but didn’t clarify that was only a discount on his portion of the bill which was, I felt, deceptive and I may not have cycled again w them had I know the discount would be next to nothing. After spending almost 100k with them, that discount should have been more fair.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay Nemiro at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
I would look twice and consider practices because some things are very expensive there and consider an office w more nurses to handle cases and one w more fair transfer pricing.
Describe the protocols Jay Nemiro used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
For transfer, I had to have prednisone perhaps due to all my prior losses and was supposed to have intralipids also but couldn’t get them wher I lived. I think many things he does (treating for immune) is excellent.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay Nemiro at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Regular cycles for retrieval and egg banking/freezing we’re 11k a cycle. When everything was fertilized on the last cycle, it was probably around 15K. Donor cycle was very expensive. PGS is reasonable there at $2000,00 for up to 8 embryos, but transfers of any embryos are $4,400 which I found to be very very high.
Describe Jay Nemiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
My doctor is progressive on this - he believes over say 43 & up the incidence of twins is low so why not put two in. I put two in both times and by the 2nd transfer, one did stick so it supported his theory.
Scottsdale
Everyone [at Az Ctr for Fert Studies] was so friendly from the front office staff to the financial consultant to the embryologists to the doctors. I felt like they were our cheerleaders. They were for us when we received good news and were compassionate when we received bad news. I actually miss going into the office to see everyone...I worked with a few nurses in the office, but primarily with Jennifer. All of them were fantastic. They were so compassionate and caring. If I called or emailed with a question they made sure to get back to me the same day...
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
I absolutely loved this office. Everyone was so friendly from the front office staff to the financial consultant to the embryologists to the doctors. I felt like they were our cheerleaders. They were for us when we received good news and were compassionate when we received bad news. I actually miss going into the office to see everyone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
My husband and I knew we had selected the right doctor after our first meeting with Shane. He is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever worked with. He personally called with test results if we received bad news, but always had a plan in place on something we could do differently the next time. He truly cared about how I was feeling and understood how emotionally difficult the infertility process can be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
How was your experience with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lipskind. My specific problem had to do with thin uterine lining. Shane tried everything to try and thicken up my lining. We had a lot of setbacks, but he worked so hard to try and find a solution so that we could do an embryo transfer. He called clinics all over the country and developed a protocol that ended up working for me. We got pregnant on our first transfer. My husband and I could not have been happier with Shane. He was so friendly and truly cared about us. I personally saw him at all of my appointments unless he was out of town. One time when he was out of town, he spoke with me on the phone after I checked in with the nurse. Not only is he a wonderful doctor, but he truly cared about us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Just be patient if things aren't going your way. It took us some time to get pregnant, but Shane worked tirelessly to try and found a solution for us.
Describe the protocols Shane Lipskind used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
We tried a few different protocols, but the one that worked was a Lupron prep cycle with heparin, Trentnal (to try and boost blood flow for lining) and estrogen patches.
Describe Shane Lipskind's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
After conversations with Dr. Lipskind, we decided to transfer two embryos based on my age and what the success rates were transferring two. We ended up transferring two and got pregnant with one.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Other
Strengths [of Arizona Center for Fertility Studies], caring staff, tho some seemed a bit overworked, they always made sure I was taken care of....He [Dr. Jay Nemiro] is very compassionate and direct. I always felt respected, even though I obviously did not have his level of training and experience. I always felt he very strongly wanted to get me pregnant . (& then he did. And did again).
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Strengths, caring staff, tho some seemed a bit overworked, they always made sure I was taken care of.
He met withwith me personally to go over game plan before each IVF, listened to my concerns, and was candid about why he recommended what he did reccommend. He even met with me, free of charge, in between children, for a question I had. He stayed in the office to call le with test results as late as 7 pm one Friday night, so I wouldn't have to worry all weekend. I always felt like I was a person (rather than a number or a statistic) and that we were a team with a stake in the fight to get me pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Gina )
Gina is amazing! I cried in her arms a couple times when we had setbacks. She is very knowledgeable and safe when the process becomes overwhelming. She came over on her lunch and sat with me before my hysteroscopy at the hospital one day when I was scared and felt very alone. That was above and beyond! Jenn is very sweet and caring andand honestly rooting for you!
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
He is very compassionate and direct. I always felt respected, even though I obviously did not have his level of training and experience. I always felt he very strongly wanted to get me pregnant . (& then he did. And did again).
Don't be afraid to ask questions and realize he is pretty direct; tjat os a good thing IMHO, but some people don't care for it.
Most of this I have forgotten, but I do remember we switched IBF stim meds when the first didn't get us to retrieval.
Like a BMW purchase maybe? IVF three times isn't cheap. I don't remember all the actual numbers...
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My phone calls [at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] were returned in a timely manner (not the case at my first clinic). All my options were discussed beforehand. When I had concerns (which I think happen most of the time doing ART), I knew I could get thru to Dr. Jay and have satisfaction of an answer. Strengths: they fought with me to get me pregnant and most of the staff I came in contact with seemed to care about my getting a successful outcome. Weakness: sometimes a bit of a support staff turnover. Not really anything that effected my getting pregnant, tho.
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
My phone calls were returned in a timely manner (not the case at my first clinic). All my options were discussed beforehand. When I had concerns (which I think happen most of the time doing ART), I knew I could get thru to Dr. Jay and have satisfaction of an answer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
Gina is amazing! She is compassionate and caring. She gave up her lunch one day to sit with me when I was scared and alone for a procedure and talked about her pets so I wouldn't be alone. I have poured my heart out to her and she listened and cared. Jenn is very compassionate and caring and sweet.
I feel like he is very honest and candid, along with very knowledgeable. My first RE was apathetic and dishonest and I was not given the benefit of someone fighting to get me pregnant. I felt listened to, respected, and like he was personally rooting for me. Prior to getting pregnant, I needed surgery on my uterus and he called results at 6:30 on a Friday night so I wouldn't have to be in limbo all weekend. He spoke to a friend of mine who liveswho lives across the country over the phone who had suffered RPL and was near giving up. (She's a Mom now, too)!
He is very direct, and will lay all his cards out on the table. It can be a bit of anshock at first, but he will fight to get you pregnant.
Scottsdale
The nurses [at Arizone Center for Fertility Studies] ran the show. Gina was very nice and caring. Unfortunately the clinic was missing my ovulation each time so the IUI’s were a waste of time and money. The clinic makes you come in on cycle day 1-3 for a baseline US and then every other day and still this mistake was made. The amount of time put in to getting so many ultrasounds was very difficult on me. Michelle the financial coordinator was very brash and came across as uncaring. They will not work with your insurance at all for any testing.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
The nurses ran the show. Gina was very nice and caring. Unfortunately the clinic was missing my ovulation each time so the IUI’s were a waste of time and money. The clinic makes you come in on cycle day 1-3 for a baseline US and then every other day and still this mistake was made. The amount of time put in to getting so many ultrasounds was very difficult on me. Michelle the financial coordinator was very brash and came across as uncaring. They will not work with your insurance at all for any testing.
The waiting room was always full, the wait was always at least 30 minutes, I felt like cattle being moved through the process.
Gina is very caring and empathetic. She takes her time to explain things and is a great asset to the clinic. Unfortunately, the office still uses paper and things seemed unorganized at times.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
I saw Dr Nemiro maybe twice throughout the many IUI’s I did with the practice. He has a canned speech he gives everyone and pushes for high tech procedures. He runs very late and the waiting room is packed.
If you are ready to jump straight to IVF then he may be the Dr for you. Just be prepared for long waits.
He put me on oral meds for 2 cycles and then to daily HMG injections. The thinking being more eggs giving higher chance of pregnancy. I produced 4 follicles each time and did IUI’s.
Each IUI was around $1500-2000 They charged more for cycles using injectables due to more ultrasound appts.
Scottsdale
They [AZ center for Fertility Studies] do a great job at making the journey as easy as possible. Great place and great staff. I did not experience anything I would want to be changed. I felt like everything was open, honest, and up front..... We had a reversal so it was one surgery. He did walk us through every step of the procedure beforehand and on the day of surgery. After I got pregnant he monitored me until I was 12 weeks to make sure the baby was where is needed to be.
European, Prefer not to answer
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
They do a great job at making the journey as easy as possible. Great place and great staff. I did not experience anything I would want to be changed. I felt like everything was open, honest, and up front.
Dr. Lipskind was amazing. He always took the time with my husband and I when we were not only deciding on the reversal but through out the entire journey. He answered every question and concern that we had. Including being a cheerleader through the process.
Every nurse that I saw was amazing, friendly, and reassuring.
Dr. Lipskind reversed my tubal ligation back in March of 2015. I am now holding our newest addition, a healthy 10 week old little boy. He helped us through the entire journey and made us feel so comfortable. Even when we miscarried back in 2016 he was a great support. I tell everyone I know that is looking for a fertility doctor to go see him. He gave us what we thought we could never have...another baby. He is amazing.
Ask all the questions you have. He will never make you feel rushed and unimportant. He gives you all the answers you need even if it is something you do not want to hear.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
I paid 9200.00 for everything including after care like follow ups, pregnancy tests, blood tests, and ultrasounds.
none, keep doing what you are doing.
2013 - 2015
Comparable to other clinics [ACFS] with a price match guaranteed, they also allowed us to pay on a payment plan as long as it was paid in full between IUIs...The entire staff at ACFS was incredible...centrally located, easily able to schedule appointments, friendly staff...We spent over two years with ACFS due to struggles during our pregnancy attempts and he [Dr. Lipskind] was ALWAYS there for us to vent, cry to and to cheer us on...
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
centrally located, easily able to schedule appointments, friendly staff
He let us vent, he cared for us, he went out of his way to check on us when our son was stillborn. He valued us as people and treated us as such, rather then as "another patient".
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Anderson - we named our daughter after her.)
The entire staff at ACFS was incredible
Dr. Lipskind helped my wife and I conceive our twins. We spent over two years with ACFS due to struggles during our pregnancy attempts and he was ALWAYS there for us to vent, cry to and to cheer us on. He remained professional while also treating us like we were more "another patient" to him. I highly recommend Dr. Lipskind if you are struggling to conceive, he is an incredible doctor and human being. To this day, we still send photos of our kids and let him know how thankful we are to him for partaking in our journey with us. Thank you so much, Dr. Lipskind!!
Be yourself, be honest and you will not be disappointed with your care. I have actually referred 4 people to Dr. Lipskind to date.
Clomid days 5-9, trigger shot once follicles were ready & IUI.
Comparable to other clinics with a price match guaranteed, they also allowed us to pay on a payment plan as long as it was paid in full between IUIs
Scottsdale
The only weakness [at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] I can think of if I have to pick one is maybe oldish machines but they do the job so no complaints really. A clinic does not have to have top notch brand new equipment to do a good job. Great clinic, great staff, GREAT Dr! :)...They [nurses] are awesome, funny, and that you like a friend. They answer all questions either via phone or email by the end of each day if not sooner.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
The only weakness I can think of if I have to pick one is maybe oldish machines but they do the job so no complaints really. A clinic does not have to have top notch brand new equipment to do a good job. Great clinic, great staff, GREAT Dr! :)
Staff and Dr Nemiro are incredibly nice and always took the time to listen and answer any uestion I ever had as well as very honest.
They’re awesome, funny, and that you like a friend. They answer all questions either via phone or email by the end of each day if not sooner.
Dr Nemiro is very responsive to any questions or concerns you might have. He’s upfront and honest but very good bedside mannered. He really does care about getting you the ultimate outcome which is a baby. I’ve seen 4 different Fertility Drs some in different states. And hands down no questions asked Dr Nemiro is the best of the best.
Expect upfront honesty from Dr Nemiro. but not in a mean way :) he’s great!
He will not transfer more than 2. And leaves the decision up to you if you want to transfer 1 vs 2 and goes over the pros and cons.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The front desk/office staff were fabulous. Dr.Nemiro and the nurses were all available via email which we loved. We got very quick responses. I cannot think of any weaknesses. We had the best experience at ACFS....Gina, Melinda, and Jenn were all amazing. We couldn't rave about them enough. We are so thankful for that team that took care of us....My retrieval protocol was aggressive....This experience is incredibly stressful. Dr. Nemiro made it as easy as possible.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
The front desk/office staff were fabulous. Dr.Nemiro and the nurses were all available via email which we loved. We got very quick responses. I cannot think of any weaknesses. We had the best experience at ACFS. We would recommend this clinic to anyone struggling with getting pregnant.
Every time we met with Dr. Nemiro it was very comfortable and conversational.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Singleton)
We are so thankful that we found Dr. Nemiro. He was very easy to talk to. But we also knew right away that he would do everything possible to get me pregnant. This experience is incredibly stressful. Dr. Nemiro made it as easy as possible.
He is super smart. Very chatty. Trust his instincts.
My retrieval protocol was aggressive. He even had me taking viagra suppositories to increase egg quality.
Dr. Nemiro felt very strongly that at my age (40) we needed to transfer 2 embryos to have one stick.
IUI, 2 IVF
[ACFS nurse] Jennifer is an angel on earth. She's the perfect compliment to dr. Nemiro. She's warm, cares so deeply, and wears her heart on her sleeve...Jay is what I wanted in a doctor- candid, blunt, confident and knowledgeable. I wouldn't say he was warm, but I didn't need that. I wanted to get pregnant, and that's what happened. He knows what he's doing, and I trusted him from moment one. He wants you pregnant, and he doesn't try to make more money by making the process slower than it needs to be. He'd listen to me and offer his opinion always.
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
It's slightly outdated in appearance, but not on technology and knowing what needs to be done to get the results you long for.
I felt like everyone knew me there and was routing for me!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Singleton )
He gets the job done. Trust him and his process.
We spent around $40k.
He is supportive of transferring the amount you are comfortable with. He does see more success with two, and will tell you that.
IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Jen [a nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] rocks. She is the day to day point person in his practice. She's very compassionate, fun, kind but super knowledgeable.... The schedule can be a little challenging with their up three weeks, down two week schedule. Dr. Niemero ALWAYS runs late so just be prepared. Finance manager isn't super great in terms of customer service. But nursing staff rocks.
IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jen Singleton)
Jen rocks. She is the day to day point person in his practice. She's very compassionate, fun, kind but super knowledgeable.
Dr. Nemiro is very direct but aggressive. He worked for us as our fertility challenges were age related and I appreciated his aggressiveness in that situation. We were successful and for that I'm grateful. I'd definitely recommend him to others in our similar situation.
Ask questions whenever you have them.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Talk to him [Dr. Jay Nemiro] a little to get a sense of your personalities mesh...Very thorough and smart. Very confident...He explained everything in detail on the phone before we even met him. Had gone through multiple appointments before he asked for a penny...[Staff at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies seemed] very nice but seem overworked...about 15,000 for IVF with PGS
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Very nice but seem overworked
Very thorough and smart. Very confident.
Talk to him a little to get a sense of your personalities mesh
I don't remember exact number, but about 15,000 for IVF with PGS