Arizona Center for Fertility Studies

Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480.630.0212

1 patient review filtered by:

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Nemiro] is extremely kind and cared about me and spent tons of time w me I like him very much but his office doesn’t run smoothly and this resulted in several serious oversights/mistakes that caused me to have to repeat the transfer.... He offered a discount after I politely confronted about some mistakes they’d made on my cycle and He offered a 20% discount but didn’t clarify that was only a discount on his portion of the bill which was, I felt, deceptive and I may not have cycled again w them had I know the discount would be next to nothing.
Strengths: willing to work with tough cases. Weaknesses: not a very organized office and too few people on staff and too many involved in each cases there should be one nurse to go to. The clinic [Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] is very dated inside in some areas and old can sometimes mean hard to clean so it reflects badly on their clinic.... My nurse was the donor coordinator and she’s very good and compassionate and doesn’t miss much. Loved her.
How was your experience with Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
It’s very crazy there and they follow old processes for paperwork and such that has too many fingers in the pot and things get missed. He offered a discount after I politely confronted about some mistakes they’d made on my cycle and He offered a 20% discount but didn’t clarify that was only a discount on his portion of the bill which was, I felt, deceptive and I may not have cycled again w them had I know the discount would be next to nothing. After spending almost 100k with them, that discount should have been more fair.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
I would look twice and consider practices because some things are very expensive there and consider an office w more nurses to handle cases and one w more fair transfer pricing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
He is extremely kind and cared about me and spent tons of time w me I like him very much but his office doesn’t run smoothly and this resulted in several serious oversights/mistakes that caused me to have to repeat the transfer. And his transfers are Much too expensive compared with much of the industry these days.
Describe the protocols Jay Nemiro (retired) used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
For transfer, I had to have prednisone perhaps due to all my prior losses and was supposed to have intralipids also but couldn’t get them wher I lived. I think many things he does (treating for immune) is excellent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Gina Caiazza)
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Strengths: willing to work with tough cases. Weaknesses: not a very organized office and too few people on staff and too many involved in each cases there should be one nurse to go to. The clinic is very dated inside in some areas and old can sometimes mean hard to clean so it reflects badly on their clinic. People laugh about the main doc being too cheap to update it and that’s not good. It doesn’t have to be posh but 1980’s decor in some of the areas does not instill state of the art care in ones mind. It just doesn’t. L
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Regular cycles for retrieval and egg banking/freezing we’re 11k a cycle. When everything was fertilized on the last cycle, it was probably around 15K. Donor cycle was very expensive. PGS is reasonable there at $2000,00 for up to 8 embryos, but transfers of any embryos are $4,400 which I found to be very very high.
Describe Jay Nemiro (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
My doctor is progressive on this - he believes over say 43 & up the incidence of twins is low so why not put two in. I put two in both times and by the 2nd transfer, one did stick so it supported his theory.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
They mixed me up w someone else and changed my protocol to match that other person’s history I believe and denied me a drug I needed for my transfer based on false info. I had a CP. That may have contributed to the CP. They also missed a small procedure I needed to have done for the 1st transfer and that probably didn’t help either. They just flat-out forgot to tell me to get I done. It went better for the 2ns transfer...
Jay Nemiro (retired)