Glendale
480.571.0407
8997 E. Desert Cove Ave
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480.630.0212

Dr. Lipskind provides lots of individualized attention and was very patient answering all our questions...We just started our treatment...Not only is Dr. Lipskind super smart, but he tells it like it is. Also, because he's been through IVF to start his own family recently, he has a special understanding of all the issues...Because we want to try with my own eggs first despite AMA, we are doing a minimal stim cycle, using Follistim and Clomid...was clear upfront that he would only transfer one embryo at a time due to risk factors.
very impressed [by the nurses at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] so far. I have been to other clinics in the past where there wasn't as much communication or individualized attention...It's at the top of the range, but I realize that for my age and issues, lower cost options were not going to be a good fit...Strengths - cutting edge knowledge, top of the line equipment, knowledgeable staff, individualized attention...Weaknesses - No insurance accepted, no payment plans Since we are just starting, I can't say too much else at this point.
How was your experience with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
We just started our treatment at ACFS. Not only is Dr. Lipskind super smart, but he tells it like it is. Also, because he's been through IVF to start his own family recently, he has a special understanding of all the issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Describe the protocols Shane Lipskind used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Just getting started, but very impressed so far. I have been to other clinics in the past where there wasn't as much communication or individualized attention.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Strengths - cutting edge knowledge, top of the line equipment, knowledgeable staff, individualized attention Weaknesses - No insurance accepted, no payment plans Since we are just starting, I can't say too much else at this point.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Describe Shane Lipskind's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Dr. Lipskind was clear upfront that he would only transfer one embryo at a time due to risk factors.
Scottsdale

[Dr. Jay Nemiro] was soft and caring... is an excellent communicator and gives you hope and facts gently. He also helped with my anxiety and kept me from blanket-restricting all actions during the process (exercise, hot tubs, etc). He was confident but not arrogant...Be direct with what you want to know. Tell him your fears, he will work with you!...I believe they had better outcomes with placing 2 so that was the rationale.
Easy environment [at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies]. Staff and nurses kind. Maybe need a little work on updating patient materials. But there’s so much online that you can find...Loved everyone. All staff have history...Their waiting room is very friendly!...[nurses were] Gentle, let me cry, freak out, listened and supported me all the way through. Very compassionate...I believe they had better outcomes with placing 2 so that was the rationale. We are quite happy only one stuck because we have our hands full with one!
How was your experience with Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Jay is an excellent communicator and gives you hope and facts gently. He also helped with my anxiety and kept me from blanket-restricting all actions during the process (exercise, hot tubs, etc). He was confident but not arrogant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Loved everyone. All staff have history. Jay was soft and caring. Their waiting room is very friendly!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Easy environment. Staff and nurses kind. Maybe need a little work on updating patient materials. But there’s so much online that you can find. I loved the mix of Shane’s advanced education and Jay’s wisdom and experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay Nemiro (retired) at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Describe Jay Nemiro (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Jay Nemiro (retired)

2016 - 2020, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I first saw Dr. Lipskind because I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and he sat with me and discussed all my options. I was not aware that chemo could cause you to be infertile. I was a teacher and he helped me get scholarships to pay for a majority of the treatment. He was so considerate of me and everything I was going through at the time of my cancer diagnosis. Not only was he amazing he surrounds himself with the best and most caring staff.
Arizona Center for Fertility Studies is one of the best and well-run doctors office I have been in contact with...I did my egg retrieval for around $5000 because Dr. Lipskind shared with me that the Livestrong foundations would pay for medication costs because of a cancer diagnosis...they stayed in contact with me during my cancer journey even though it had nothing to do with fertility at that time. When I was healthy enough to come back and follow my dream of having a child, I was welcomed with open arms.
I have already recommend Dr. Lipskind to friends. He is determined to see me through my dreams of having a child. He communicates very well, not only with me but with my other doctors. I am a breast cancer survivor and before he gave me medication and treated me he consulted with my medical oncologist. My egg preservation was 4 years ago before cancer treatments, and now he is still in contact with my oncologist since we are ready to move forward with IVF. He communicates with me very well, he has given me different options based on the fact that my cancer stemmed in my hormones. He communicates every step very well and is willing to answer as many questions as I have. When I go to his office he spends time with me and I don't feel like a number. I also respect how much he gives back to cancer and the American Cancer Society. With Dr. Lipskind I feel like I am an important person and not just a number. I am so grateful that I was referred to him four years ago.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shane Lipskind at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
One piece of advice I would give a prospective patient is that the process takes time, and if things are pushed back a month there is a scientific reason why. Trust in the process and your doctors.
When I was diagnosed with cancer we had 9 days to produce eggs and have a retrieval before I had to go into surgery for a double mastectomy. I had to inject medication but I don't remember the type or amount (2016). We were about to start an ERA cycle before Covid hit. The reason we are doing this is because I have PCOS and also because of my cancer stemming in my hormones my body and hormone levels fluctuate. This will give us a better chance of figuring out the right time to do the implementation. My treatment is on hold until the office is allowed to re-open and we can move forward again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jen Singleton)
Jen Singleton and the nursing staff is amazing. I feel I have had a million questions about sperm donors and other things and they are so patient to answer an email or give me a call. They have a portal calendar which they fill out and alter when needed during treatment. I miss seeing the staff during this time.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Nobody budgets for cancer let alone all the things that comes along with having cancer. Four years ago, before I had any of my cancer treatments, I was referred to talked to Dr. Lipskind. I did not think egg preservation and fertility was in my budget being a teacher. I agreed to speak to Dr. Lipskind and he educated me on my options including the things I could do to afford treatment. There was never any pressure to move forward, but I did based on the education that I received. I think a doctor is a good as his support staff and Dr. Lipskind’s staff is one of a kind. They cared about me and my cancer journey. They stayed in contact with me during my cancer journey even though it had nothing to do with fertility at that time. When I was healthy enough to come back and follow my dream of having a child, I was welcomed with open arms. The nurses who had been through my cancer journey greeted me so kindly. I just feel at home when I am in the office, a few of the support staff have gone through their own infertility journey which shows in their compassion and empathy. I was getting ready to do an ERA cycle in March and the day I was supposed to take my trigger shot my progesterone levels were a little high, so he wanted to wait a month. Nurse Singleton called to explain why we were going to wait until me next cycle, although I was bummed, she educated on the science of why we were pushing back the process. on why it was best to wait which made things easier to process. Fertility comes with a lot of emotions and when a doctor or nurse can explain things in terms I can understand makes the emotional aspect more manageable. Dr. Lipskind and his nursing staff doing an amazing job of explaining each process as they come a long. Not only are the Dr, and nursing staff amazing so is the office support staff. They make you feel so special from the moment you walk in until the moment you leave. They are compassionate to your situation and is always so pleasant and helpful. Arizona Center for Fertility Studies is one of the best and well-run doctors office I have been in contact with. I have recommended this office to so many friends and I truly hope that everyone has the same experience that I have been fortunate to have.
I did my egg retrieval for around $5000 because Dr. Lipskind shared with me that the Livestrong foundations would pay for medication costs because of a cancer diagnosis. Fertilization was $6200, Embryo genetic testing was $1025 and that is about as far as I have gotten before stay at home orders happened. So I still have time and money to put into my journey once the office re-opens.
We have decided to do a single embryo transfer. My embryo's have been genetically tested so we will be implanting a healthy embryo.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lipskind is the only doctor that I have ever known that is as kind as he is intelligent. His strengths include his approach and overall demeanor...took the time to have meaningful and honest discussions with me and my husband about our options... there was a discussion and written documents related to the transfer of single embyros as I believe that is the preference of Dr. Lipskind...I never felt rushed or like I was bothering him
[The clinic at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] is located right off the freeway so it's easy to find...certain appointments are scheduled at certain times of the day so be sure to plan ahead and adjust your schedule accordingly...Jen was the nurse I worked with the most. She was very friendly, optimistic and honest...Melinda was great with blood draws and explaining procedures
As a nurse, I have worked with many doctors and unfortunately, many unkind doctors where they seemed to have lost their bedside manner and communication skills in general. Dr. Lipskind is the only doctor that I have ever known that is as kind as he is intelligent. His strengths include his approach and overall demeanor. He truly cares about you as a patient and wants you to be active in your care. I don't think Dr. Lipskind has any weaknesses, he is a wonderful doctor! I truly don't have enough kind words to say about him.
Make the appointment ASAP. Don't wait. Don't wonder. Don't delay. Dr. Lipskind will be honest with you, give you all of your options and then support your decision.
Dr. Lipskind took the time to have meaningful and honest discussions with me and my husband about our options. His approach was one of honesty, optimism and experience. I never felt rushed or like I was bothering him, he always took the time to answer questions and explain things, even multiple times when I couldn't understand.
While I can't remember all of the medications I was prescribed, I know that they were typical fertility related medications. I was required to have a HSG and SHG to verify no anatomical issues were present as well as genetic screening on my embryos. The genetic screening is a requirement because you can then select the most healthy/normal embryo to transfer which increases the overall success rate. To my knowledge, I was on the higher end of dosages and took quite a few supplements before and during treatment to ensure I was as healthy as I could be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jen, Melinda)
Jen was the nurse I worked with the most. She was very friendly, optimistic and honest. She never made me feel stupid if I had questions and always explained things to me when needed. Melinda was great with blood draws and explaining procedures. She was always kind and really helpful.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
The strengths of this clinic include the history and experience. It is located right off the freeway so it's easy to find. I, however, live on 40 miles away so it's quite a drive for me especially in rush hour. I do believe certain appointments are scheduled at certain times of the day so be sure to plan ahead and adjust your schedule accordingly. I do know that they recently opened up a westside location but I don't believe Dr. Lipskind sees patients there so I still have to drive quite a ways, but he is worth it 100%.
I honestly don't remember but they're all listed on his website.
I only had one genetically normal embryo so there wasn't much to discussion when it came to transferring a single embryo. If I remember correctly, there was a discussion and written documents related to the transfer of single embyros as I believe that is the preference of Dr. Lipskind.
2015, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr Nemiro uses very high dosing of stimulation drugs, but is also accompanied by drugs that will prevent OHSS and you are closely monitored. The overall goal is to get all the eggs you have and keeping you safe. Dr Nemiro uses PGS/PGD testing and performs frozen 5 day transfers as they have proven to be more successful, even though it is a longer process than the 3 day fresh transfer...always very personable and kind, remembering aspects about not only our medical history, but as human being as well.
It's worth waiting for an appt [at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies] and worth the investment...staff were always very personable and kind, remembering aspects about not only our medical history, but as human being as well...[nurse] Always kept us well informed and knowledgeable in the speciality of infertility, female health, obstetrics. Very responsive dove to emails and phone calls when we had questions...We were supposed to have a lipid infusion and it was never scheduled. It was rescheduled appropriately and there were no issues following
We were grateful for Dr. Nemiro's 'get down to business' and aggressive treatment plan. We knew that this was a huge financial investment with no 100% guarantee and were thankful for Dr. Nemiro leaving no stone unturned, while also being very conservative. Throughout our research, we have found that not every provider practices the same way. He was always very open, honest and compassionate
He knows what he's doing. Just do what he says.
Dr Nemiro and staff were always very personable and kind, remembering aspects about not only our medical history, but as human being as well.
Describe the protocols Jay Nemiro (retired) used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer, Gina and Sarah )
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
It's worth waiting for an appt and worth the investment
Some medications covered by insurance-everything else was out of pocket
We teamferred 2 embryos with the hope of both 'sticking.' Dr Nemiro was very honest with us that this was a 20% probability. One embryo 'stuck' and we were not disappointed nor surprised. We were very happy Dr Nemiro encouraged a 2 embryo transfer and we were paying completely out of pocket and wanted to avoid multiple transfers
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Center for Fertility Studies.
Jay Nemiro (retired)