Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
5190 E. Farness Drive
Tucson, AZ 85712
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility to a friend?

6.8

1 doctor
There is one main nurse there [at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility]. She is very friendly and caring. She knows our names and is knowledgeable on our case. She follows through quickly and consistently. She takes the time to answer all of our questions and often consults with the doctor to ensure we get the best information. She has been through fertility treatments so I relate and trust what she tells us. It also keeps me more confident through the process.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Strengths: They are efficient. Its a small office so they know every patient and every case. The prices are the lowest anywhere but without sacrificing integrity or taking shortcuts. The staff is friendly and will always follow through on what they say. Little to no wait time. I was able to get into my initial appointment quickly. They answer the phone immediately. Weaknesses: They do not bill directly to insurance for anything other than office visits. So we have to pay out of pocket for blood work and procedures. But the billing coordinator did say they provide everything to make it easy to submit to insurance for reimbursement.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
Dr Gelety isn't the hand holding, sugar coating type but he knows who I am. He is quick but thorough. The staff is very friendly. They also remember everyone that comes in.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: There's only 1 main nurse)
There is one main nurse there. She is very friendly and caring. She knows our names and is knowledgeable on our case. She follows through quickly and consistently. She takes the time to answer all of our questions and often consults with the doctor to ensure we get the best information. She has been through fertility treatments so I relate and trust what she tells us. It also keeps me more confident through the process.
How was your experience with Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
Dr Gelety is thorough and knowledgeable. The initial appointment was long and not rushed. We covered everything. He set very real expectations and steps knowing that we could adjust the course along the way if necessary. I see him at EVERY single appointment whether its just a check in, an ultrasound or an actual procedure. While each appointment is not very long, I feel like everything is covered. I would call him "efficient"
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
If you're looking for someone to hold your hand and sugar coat anything then he is not the one for you. He is straightforward and to the point. He is friendly but in a professional doctor way not in a friend or acquaintance way. Also, know that you will see him at every appointment. For me, that builds a lot of confidence and reassurance in the process.
Describe the protocols Timothy Gelety used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and their degree of success.
Before starting IVF we did a lap where discovered that i had stage 2 endometriosis. It was shocking that this had never been discovered before after my recurrent miscarriages and fibroids. Once we started IVF we did a cycle of lupron, 9 days of menopur and Novarel as the trigger.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled like any other appointments. They don't have specific windows for only certain procedures. So we could schedule ultrasound appointments for any day of the week or time. This is because they are all handled by the doctor himself. We traveled 2 hours to see the doctor and found them very flexible to accommodate our schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
A round of IVF is about $7k not including medications. We pay $35 for each bloodworm that is done since they do it in office.
Describe Timothy Gelety's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
We haven't done an embryo transfer yet but he is for a multiple embryo transfer especially due to my age.
Tucson

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.

Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
The nurses [at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] are all great...The building itself is great - clean and has recently been updated. His prices are cheaper than at least one other RE in Tucson. Gelety isn't so great when it comes to being patient and answering your questions. If your treatment is going to be pretty straight-forward, then you should be fine seeing him. If you have a lot of issues and want someone to hold your hand the whole time and spends hours with you, Gelety isn't for you.
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Everyone I encountered at Gelety's office were incredibly friendly and welcoming. However, as my appointments went on, I felt like I was getting my questions answered and was looked at as just another patient. Any time I'd ask Dr. Gelety a question, he'd respond with "yeah, yeah...we'll look into that later." Come to find out, Gelety never even did the basic tests to rule out things like thyroid issues, low ovarian reserves, etc. He was pushing IVF hard (which I was fine with and was willing to do), but why should I spend all that money without ensuring any underlying issues have been diagnosed/addressed?
The nurses are all great!
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
Dr. Gelety is well-respected in Tucson and I initially liked him, but as time went on, he became very dismissive to some of my basic questions. I was dealing with a cyst that wouldn't go away and his answer was to do another Lap (which I recently had done already). There are other ways to get rid of cysts, none of which were even mentioned to me as options. Instead of suggesting birth control, he immediately suggested I have a Lap procedure. He went from 0 to 60 with no in between options which made me realize I should leave him and get a second opinion elsewhere. I have heard from friends that he pushes Laps which I initially didn't believe, but in the end I witnessed it first-hand.
Make sure Dr. Gelety performs the basic tests in the beginning to rule out things like Thyroid issues, phase defects, etc. Once these are done, make sure he reviews them with you in great detail before he suggests treatment options.
I always paid my $40 copay at each appointment which, if it was done, would cover the ultrasound and appointment with the doctor. Blood work was never covered (even though my health insurance covers blood work 100%) and cost $60. His prices for IUI and IVF are extremely reasonable and are much cheaper than at least one other RE in Tucson. Gelety and his staff are pretty firm on not working with your insurance so if you are one of the few who has fertility treatments covered by your health insurance, you will probably have to do all the leg work to get it paid for.
Tucson

The staff [at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] are friendly. The clinic does not have the most up to date quality equipment, but it gets the job done for the reasonable prices. The clinic provides you with a list of services and prices which Intought was helpful...IUI 750 plos $50 trigger shot. IVF 7500 plus ICSI was 1,000...The doctor [Dr. Gelety] forgot to call me to give me the results of my pregnancy test while we had been patiently waiting all day. We even called befor they closed and they said the doctor would call me later in the evening which did not happen
The staff are friendly. The clinic does not have the most up to date quality equipment, but it gets the job done for the reasonable prices. The clinic provides you with a list of services and prices which Intought was helpful.
The doctor seemed to care about me and what treatment was best for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Martha )
Martha is no longer at the clinic and while she was nice she often got confused and told me the wrong time to do my trigger shot. All turned out well, but could of cost me big.
Doctor Gelety worked with my own cycle and never had me take birth control to control my cycle. He was available whenever I needed him and came in during a holiday to do my retrieval. He seems to do things more old school and my treatment seemed to have a lot less medication than other people going through treatment. He does seem like he is in a hurry often.
Do you own homework, be sure you follow up because sometimes they forget. He allows you to get your medication in Mexico which definitely lowers cost.
I started off with clomid and monitoring cycle. I was able to get pregnant during the 3 round, but had a miscarriage at 18 weeks. Then clomid and IUI with Hcg trigger shot, negative pregnancy test. 1 st round iVF menopur 4 vials 8 days, then trigger shot. Transferred 3 embryos resulted in chemical pregnancy. 2 round IvF double dose of menupor, lupron for 3 days. Hcg trigger shot.
IUI 750 plos $50 trigger shot. IVF 7500 plus ICSI was 1,000. We got most of the medication in Mexico costing 1,200. Office visits were $50 copay, blood work $50 each time I believe.
I think that the doctor has a lot of experience, so I was comfortable with him suggestion the number of embryos to transfer. For me it was 3 each time.

2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The office was always very busy, and I didn't see Dr Gelety himself for appointment until after my first IVF cycle. High employee turnover, long wait times. Always felt very rushed. The embryologist seemed really good and nice. Also the clinic prices were very affordable comparatively speaking....Marta [nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] was not very good at communicating, and I felt like she didn't always listen to my questions/concerns.
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Marta Silva)
Marta was not very good at communicating, and I felt like she didn't always listen to my questions/concerns.
Dr Gelety himself seemed like a confident, caring guy. He was just always so rushed I never had time to ask him all my questions, and a lot of times left frustrated and confused. He definitely knows what he is doing, the communication just isn't always there. I felt I was treated much better after I got pregnant. I did like that he gives out his personal cell number, and I called him a few times when I had urgent problems and he always called right back.
Get all your questions out as soon as he walks through the door for your appointment. Don't let him leave the room if you still have more questions, because he will disappear to the next patient.
For fresh cycles, Dr Gelety put me on birth control for a month, then I did Lupron injections to suppress my ovaries for 2-3 weeks. Menopur was used to stimulate follicle/egg development, trigger shot before egg retrieval, and progesterone in oil injections were started around transfer time. Frozen cycles were easier. Provera for 10 days to induce a period if needed, then estradiol pills to build uterine lining for 2-3 weeks. Progesterone in oil shots started around transfer time.
Fresh cycles were around $10-11k including medications. Frozen cycles were $1,200 and annual embryo storage fees are $200.

2011 - 2012
We did IVF [at AZ Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility]. We got our medicine from England and it was a regular cycle. It wasn't much different then my other IVF cycles, but he only grew them to 3 days and told us they looked great.... I did have to call them a lot to get more information and they were not the best at calling back. Things could have changed and I hope they have changed in the 7 years since we went. I did like that I saw the doctor every time I went.
2011 - 2012
He gave us no information on why we were not having any success. At the time he was only growing embryos to 3 days and told us that it would cost us a lot more to have them grow to 5 days. He also suggested that we could get some of our medicine from other countries. He doesn't have the bedside manner, but all I wanted to answers and he couldn't give us anything.
I didn't really deal with any nursing staff. The doctor handled everything on his own.
He was a nice doctor, but we felt like it was a blue light special. We did see him every time but I always had to go home and research what the next step should be and he wasn't doing that. I would ask question and I just felt like he wanted to get us through everything and get our money and then move on to the next person. His bedside manner is not the best but that doesn't mean much to me. I want to know and understand what the next steps are and what we can do to help improve things. He wasn't the right doctor for me.
Just know what you want done, do your research and get second opinions.
We did IVF. We got our medicine from England and it was a regular cycle. It wasn't much different then my other IVF cycles, but he only grew them to 3 days and told us they looked great.
I just remember with medicine and the procedure it was $10,000
He transferred 5 embryos into me two different times. He said that some of them he didn't think would survive anyways so he said we could just put them in me and let my body absorb them. Was that the best idea when I could have had two embryos that were good to put them in with bad ones too.
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
[Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] isn’t fancy, but it is clean. And my preference is for a doctor who focuses on patient care instead of fancy decor. Front desk and medical staff were also very nice, but I recommend getting your questions answered by Dr Gelety and not the medical assistants...[The nurses are] Extremely nice, of a little misinformed. They are medical assistants, not nurses.
2017 - 2019
Dr Gelety was brilliant, honest and kind. His office isn’t fancy, but it is clean. And my preference is for a doctor who focuses on patient care instead of fancy decor. Front desk and medical staff were also very nice, but I recommend getting your questions answered by Dr Gelety and not the medical assistants.
Dr Gelety isn’t overly warm, but when I was in the throes of miscarriage after miscarriage, he would call me after hours and even on the weekend to check on my health.
Dr Gelety is perhaps more blunt than other doctors, and he will certainly give you a lot of information that can prove somewhat overwhelming, but he approached my issues as if they were a puzzle to be solved and assuaged my worst fears with kindness and understanding.
Bring a notebook to the first appointment, be prepared for each appointment with your written questions. Dr Gelety is efficient, which I appreciate, but that means you need to get your thoughts in order before you see him.
After another doctor in town misdiagnosed me as pre-menopausal, and after over a year with that other practice, Dr Gelety diagnosed me with endometriosis. We also were able to get my cycles regulated after years of having two periods a month.
IUIs were somewhere around the $120 range. Blood tests were $80.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Approximately $5,500 for IVF, $1,200 for ICSI, $475 for egg freezing [at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility]...I made a family in this office. It felt warm and open every time I entered. It was genuinely a good fit for me and my husband. We had to travel for our appointments and they made sure it was easy for us to do what we could in our hometown rather than traveling.
European, East Asian
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Gelety specializes his care. He listened to my body and allowed us to move as fast or as slow as we would like to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
The nursing staff is phenomenal. They always made me feel welcome and they were genuinely interested in our successes.
Dr Gelety isn’t overly friendly and his bed side manner could improve, but I never had a negative experience with him. He laid out multiple options for us and allowed us to choose what course of action we wanted to take. He also always gave options of where we would like to go next.
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy from him. He doesn’t take extra time with you unless it’s necessary, but he does care about you 100%. He’s a little socially awkward, which was a quirk I kind of liked in him.
We did 2 IUIs with Femara and a trigger shot. We then did Lupron 20units followed by 5units, Menopur 4 vials for 9 days, HCG 10,000 trigger, and then progesterone in oil for our IVF cycle. We did retrieval with a fresh embryo transfer using 3 day embryos.
Approximately $5,500 for IVF, $1,200 for ICSI, $475 for egg freezing.
Dr Gelety left the option up to us, letting us know that one embryo was about a 20% success rate and two was about a 50% success rate. Ultimately, he did whatever we wanted to do though.
Tucson

The clinic [Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] was very nice, clean, and run in an organized manner. The only thing I didn't like was that when it came time to pay they informed me they did ICSI and it was going to be an additional $1,250. Which was fine if it needed to be done but we weren't expecting that...All of the nurses were very friendly and knowledgeable on what was going on. They took the time to explain things. They followed up with us often because we were from out of town.
The clinic was very nice, clean, and run in an organized manner. The only thing I didn't like was that when it came time to pay they informed me they did ICSI and it was going to be an additional $1,250. Which was fine if it needed to be done but we weren't expecting that until we got to thr counter to pay.
Dr. Gelety took the time to sit with my wife and I and explain all options, he provided us with literature to read up on. He followed up after hours with us to check on me. He took genuine interest in helping us.
Dr. Gelety was awesome. We traveled 5 hours to see him and he was worth it. He was very patient and explained everything to us. I had 9 embryos and on my last chance he advised us to wait an extra month because my cycle didn't seem right. We waited and then went in the following month anf got pregnant with our daughter.
Write down all your questions before you go in for the consultation so you don't forget.
Dr. Gelety had me start on menopur injections 2x a day after my cycle ended. I went to check progress on my follicles and on day 12 they retrieved 9 eggs and performed ICSI with donor sperm and all 9 developed into embryos. We did1 fresh cycle and 2 frozen.
The entire process cost about $12,800 for mediciations and treatment
We chose multiple embryo transfer because he suggested that with my age it was recommended.
Tucson
Ask all the questions you have, they [AZ Ctr for Reproductive Endocrinology] will get back to you! I always felt like I could call and talk to anyone and get the answers I needed which is huge in this process. The clinic even opened on holidays to see me... Fresh round of IVF not including meds was $3700 for monitoring and retrieval and then $1200 for transfer and $500 for freezing... He [Dr. Gelety] immediately diagnosed my need for laparoscopic surgery to treat endometriosis and let me feel like the ball was always in my court.
European, Latino
Ask all the questions you have, they will get back to you! I always felt like I could call and talk to anyone and get the answers I needed which is huge in this process. The clinic even opened on holidays to see me
Great bedside manner, responsive to questions and calls
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Marta)
Attentive
Very responsive to my questions and never let me feel like I wasn't getting the full story. Amazing bedside manner and skilled in the field. He immediately diagnosed my need for laparoscopic surgery to treat endometriosis and let me feel like the ball was always in my court.
Listen to your body and listen to your heart. Take breaks when needed and don't feel forced into the next round of treatment
During the first round of IVF my number rose slowly and the number of mature eggs at retrieval was low. During the second round of IVF my numbers were more closely monitored and meds were extended there extra day resulting in 3 times the amount of mature eggs. Transfered fresh again, then two FET cycles. No pregnancies
Always transferred two or three embryos

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic [Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] was organized and prompt with calls back regarding any questions we had. The nursing team and receptionist helped us coordinate shipping our frozen embryos from another facility out of state and kept us up to date throughout the process...The nursing staff was also fantastic and compassionate with our situation and were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic was organized and prompt with calls back regarding any questions we had. The nursing team and receptionist helped us coordinate shipping our frozen embryos from another facility out of state and kept us up to date throughout the process.
Dr. Gelety was compassionate with our history and while we did get pregnant our cycle did end with a miscarriage. He was prompt in the situation and wanted take steps immediately to continue our care.
As a patient that has been through multiple cycles he was very knowledgable and presented us with all of our options ahead of time. He was thorough and if we had any questions he answered them. Unfortunately, our cycle ended in a miscarriage, but he was prompt in the situation and living over five hours away he called me and comforted me over the phone and fit me in immediately as soon as I could get to the clinic.
Write any questions down before your visit. He is knowledgable and will explain and go over all options specific to you.
$2,500 - FET

3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
I love the nurses [at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] they are so supportive and caring . Sometimes they can not help answer my questions though...Cost is very affordable , most things are very cheap compared to other centers...The clinic is small and a little outdated but the lab and the rooms are clean and organized . Typically they are really quick at moving you into the rooms so the waiting room is typically empty . The front desk staff welcome you
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
The clinic is small and a little outdated but the lab and the rooms are clean and organized . Typically they are really quick at moving you into the rooms so the waiting room is typically empty . The front desk staff welcome you .
They were very kind , explained everything well, remembered my name and my condition .
I love the nurses they are so supportive and caring . Sometimes they can not help answer my questions though
I feel like he doesn’t have the best bed side manner but he has the same goals as I do. He try’s to be very thorough and make sure you know your plan but he moves quickly so sometimes I’m still left with questions . My labs had gotten mixed up and now I don’t trust him as much
Make him take the time to explain everything to you .
I’m young so we started out with clomid then femera then iui and now we are working on ivf
Cost is very affordable , most things are very cheap compared to other centers .
He is more set on just transferring one even though he says there is a higher chance with two

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
It is a very basic clinic [Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility] in terms of presentation, no frills. The focus is on the doctor and his care, nothing else. Some of the rest could be improved, but it’s not as important as doctor care and skill, which is the priority ... He [Dr. Gelety] has medical assistants on,y, they are nice but not always well informed ...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
It is a very basic clinic in terms of presentation, no frills. The focus is on the doctor and his care, nothing else. Some of the rest could be improved, but it’s not as important as doctor care and skill, which is the priority
Dr Gelety knows me as a person,
He has medical assistants on,y, they are nice but not always well informed
I felt like Dr Gelety was invested in my care and success. He was available and tuned in.i appreciate his focus and knowledge. I feel like he took me on as a challenge. He was very thorough and kind to both me and my husband
Ask lots of questions
Autoimmune protocol due to my autoimmune response
Retrieval, and fresh transfer $6000 Frozen transfer $2000