Arkansas Fertility Center

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
9101 Kanis Road
Little Rock, AR 72205
501-801-1200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arkansas Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 11Neutral: 6Don't recommend: 87.1
2 doctors
The clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is very sterile and not very warm/welcoming. The strengths are it keeps you up-to-date on all your matters through their patient portal. I have really liked this process of being able to find out on my own instead of having to call repeatedly. My appointments are usually pretty on time. They do not make you wait for too long. The weaknesses are just not very welcoming and warm. It just seems like we are numbers just getting pushed in and out. Wish there was more of a connection among the staff and patients since it is such a delicate matter.
Investor
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is very sterile and not very warm/welcoming. The strengths are it keeps you up-to-date on all your matters through their patient portal. I have really liked this process of being able to find out on my own instead of having to call repeatedly. My appointments are usually pretty on time. They do not make you wait for too long. The weaknesses are just not very welcoming and warm. It just seems like we are numbers just getting pushed in and out. Wish there was more of a connection among the staff and patients since it is such a delicate matter.
The nursing staff really has not had much interaction with me. They walk in for the ultrasound or procedure, don't speak and then walk out when over. When taking my blood they don't speak to me either.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I have enjoyed the experience so far with him. He does speak very fast and is not the best at pronouncing words. Sometimes I have to ask him to slow down, repeat or ask clarifying questions. He does meet with you in his office after every visit to explain what results were and the next step. It is a very fast visit, but thorough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Make sure you ask as many questions as possible. Bring a notebook and write everything down. Do not be afraid to ask him to slow down or repeat again. He is very nice and very knowledgeable.
Describe the protocols Francisco Batres used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have unexplained fertility. Every test i have had as well as my husband has come back clear. I have had 2 HSGs, laparoscopy, now on our 2nd IUI. We do not know a cause of why it has taken 2 years so far. All we can do is trial and error. We will do 3 IUIs then move to IVF. My first IUI we used letrozole and the trigger shot Ovidrel. Result was no pregnancy. Second IUI my body did not respond to the letrozole. Ended up doubling the dosage for the next week. My body responded. Had the procedure two weeks ago. Prescribed progesterone for the two weeks. Will take pregnancy test Friday if have not started my period by then.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center.
So far we have been billed for two IUIs. After insurance it has only costed me about $100 for both. The ovidrel shots are $170 which are expensive. The letrozole has cost me maybe $20. The costs have not been outrageous yet, but we have not gotten to IVF. Each co-pay is different every time I go. Usually ranges from $30-$70.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Initially I was very nervous, but after getting to know the clinic’s staff [Arkansas Fertility Center] I began to feel at home. Their strengths outweigh their weaknesses.... The only weakness I can think of is billing. But I honestly think that is because they are a busy clinic and in the middle of changes. But if we ever had a problem they would take care of it the right way and quickly!... I fell in love with the nursing staff.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Just like any attending any new facility, it’s hard not to feel nervous or to compare. Initially I was very nervous, but after getting to know the clinic’s staff I began to feel at home. Their strengths outweigh their weaknesses. I honestly feel as if strengths and weaknesses of this clinic depend on the patient behind them. I appreciated their help and need to make things right if you had a problem. So far during our time with them they have continued to help out in any way possible. The only weakness I can think of is billing. But I honestly think that is because they are a busy clinic and in the middle of changes. But if we ever had a problem they would take care of it the right way and quickly!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I feel as if he took the time to discuss my situation with the other doctors in the clinic to get the best results as possible. He was very knowledgeable about my past history before coming to him. He was honest and real with us about our treatments and our progress throughout the first failed attempt and failed IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Stewart )
I fell in love with the nursing staff. Because I was there regularly and often I was able to form a relationship with a majority of them. They all made you feel welcomed, cared for, and important. Hugs, hand holds, smiles, and tears were just what I needed from them at times and they never let me down.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Initially I was a little overwhelmed due to his knowledge. I’m a little first grade teacher and explain big things to little ones every day... at times I felt like I needed him to be a little more specific and explain a little more in depth. Anytime I had questions he was quick to answer. I do feel that as a patient and a determined mother to be, it’s so important for you to educate yourself with as much as possible. That way you are able to understand what all you are doing. I really valued his expertise. He was very forward with what he thought our best option would be regarding our medical history and issues. I appreciated the fact that he took the time to do additional testing to make sure we were on the right track to becoming parents. In this clinic you both doctors. At first I wasn’t sure about the idea, but later on learned that they use their strengths depending on what the patient’s case intells and they both discuss the best treatment plans. Two heads are better than one, right? I honestly felt and still feel he and the other doctor do everything possible to help you hold your sweet little blessing. Just because I’m not there yet doesn’t mean we are finished. They are still learning new things about my body and for that I am greatful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Not to let the initial consultation scare you. He gives you the facts and they can seem kind of scary, I get it. Also, he is so smart that you might seem a little impersonal. But I promise you he’s not. It’s just like any other relationship, the more you see him the more you understand his personality and the same for you. He knows what he’s doing, and as a patient you just have to trust him.
Describe the protocols Dean Moutos used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first I started birth control for a month with the routine ultra sounds to make sure I was suppressed enough to continue. I was on Gonal F and Menapor injection one time a day. This cycle was cancelled after 6 days of STIMs due to a dominate follicle. He saw it initially and immediately tried to treat it cetracide. Our next cycle we began with 2 months of birth control to suppress. I then began taking Lupron injections 2 times a day along with gonal F and Menapor. These dosages were higher. We had to extend STIMs for 13 days. We then used a trigger shot was given before the retrieval. After retrieval we did a 3 day transfer of 2 excellent grade eggs. During this time I took progesterone inserts, medrol, and estradiol patches.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center.
This clinic does a flat fee of $11,000 and does except some insurances. Unfortunately, we were self pay so had to pay the $11,000 upfront and then they ordered our medicine and we had to pay for it separately. Although it was a lot of money upfront, it was nice to not have to worry with all the payments during the cycle.
Describe Dean Moutos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Before all of this I had to pray for trust. To know that I came to them for their gifts and talents and that I needed to try and focus on their strengths and not question their suggestions. Therefore, doing a 3 day transfer of 2 embryos in hopes that they take was what we did. The idea of loosing in hopes that they last for a five day blast was nerve wracking and the idea that being back in their natural environment made it easier to understand their decision. My doctors all explained their decision and it was appreciated.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
Strengths- smart doctors. I really do think they care. Weaknesses- too busy. Too many patients. Not enough time to spend with each patient. Maybe should scale back on the amount of active patients so that they can focus on the ones they have and their success rates. As well as, time to schedule. The nursing staff [Arkansas Fertility Ctr] are medical assistants and not nurses. They are sweet though. Just I’m not sure they are allowed to perform as many duties as a nurse would be and therefore the doctors are stretched thinner with all the patients and procedures.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Strengths- smart doctors. I really do think they care. Weaknesses- too busy. Too many patients. Not enough time to spend with each patient. Maybe should scale back on the amount of active patients so that they can focus on the ones they have and their success rates. As well as, time to schedule. The nursing staff are medical assistants and not nurses. They are sweet though. Just I’m not sure they are allowed to perform as many duties as a nurse would be and therefore the doctors are stretched thinner with all the patients and procedures. Wait time USB’s y’all an hour.
He did talk to me in his office several times and I didn’t feel rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie, ivf coordinator)
Debbie, ivf coordinator, very organized but in a hurry. Make you feel like you can’t ask questions. Not big communicator. No compassion at all hardly.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He’s strength is very smart. Weakness is too busy. Too many patients I think. Staff are medical assistants and not nurses. Ivf coordinator is lpn. She always seems in a hurry. Not as compassionate as I would have liked. Dr Moutos probably has too many patients at one time to really focus on individuals. He does try tho. Also Arkansas has only two reproductive endocrinologist so they are real busy. Usually runs an hour behind schedule. Not always but might count on it if you’ve got an appt
Try to ask questions and make him make time for you.
Antagonist protocol for ivf. I had almost hyperstimulated. Probably should have been given less dosage but that’s always hindsight. I did have issues and he tried to keep monitoring me. I think he did his best with what he had to work with - my body.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Had to be first thing in th morning typically. Had to wait an hour sometimes just for these appts once I got to the clinic.
I forgot the costs. My husband dealt with this. Too stressful for me. We actually took out additional insurance policy that helped with some of the costs. Also there are rebates on medication online on each medications website.
More risks for twins. I had uterine septum so higher risk for rupture.
Little Rock
The clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is very prompt with scheduling, works with you on billing, and works you into the schedule as needed for emergency. Sometimes the clinic can run behind due to immediate need for egg retrieval (understandable) and does not let patients know that they are running behind having them wait in room for increased. If making payments make sure you keep up with receipts and total for your records because sometimes errors can occur. The clinic is very good.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is very prompt with scheduling, works with you on billing, and works you into the schedule as needed for emergency. Sometimes the clinic can run behind due to immediate need for egg retrieval (understandable) and does not let patients know that they are running behind having them wait in room for increased. If making payments make sure you keep up with receipts and total for your records because sometimes errors can occur. The clinic is very good.
On most appointments I felt that Dr.Moutos was very kind and worked me into his schedule if I had concerns about my cycles especially when one attempt with an iui resulted in an ectopic pregnancy requiring prompt surgery for removal. He continued to remain very optimistic about my treatments. Sometimes it was difficult to have time at the end of the appointment to ask any follow-up questions without being ushered on.
I like the nurses at the clinic. They are very kind and promptly respond to questions on portal and perform lab work without killing my arm.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Doctor Moutos provided a good detailed course of treatment with initial consultation with my husband and providing frequent follow up questions. He always went over procedures, medications, and follow-ups that I had concerns with. He would answer questions honestly if I asked. Dr Moutos was quick to act when it was discovered I had an ectopic pregnancy and handled the situation professionally and compassionately, reassuring me that there was still a chance for the family we wanted. Sometimes I felt that Moutos did not deliver as much information as I wanted/needed including giving information on appropriate follicle amount, lining levels, or additional treatment options (supplements, acupunture, etc) that could be beneficial to add to treatment.
always come prepared with questions and don't be afraid to say "Hey Dr. Moutos I need to talk to you. I have some questions." Don't leave the clinic with things unclear
Unexplained infertility. no factors noted female or male. trying over a year with no success. started with clomid with iui. resulted in ectopic pregnancy with need for laparoscopic surgery with tube removal due to damage. no sign of endo with surgery. second iui with clomid resulted in no pregnancy with thin lining (presumably due to clomid). switched to letrozole and estrogen suppository but no iui due to oppsite side ovulation. cycle resulted in no pregnancy.
iui cycles were around 1200 each. surgery costs total 3000. doppler ultrasound 350 for possible dvt.
not applicable
Little Rock
The front desk [Arkansas Fertility Ctr] is not knowledgeable, friendly, or easy to communicate with. The clinic is open on weekends and most holidays so that they can always get you in when you need to be seen for procedures.... The nurses were very nice and compassionate. However, when going through IUI I had to call the general nurses phone number and always had to leave a message. I felt like we played a lot of phone tag. I also don't feel that the doctors always communicated well with the nurses.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk is not knowledgeable, friendly, or easy to communicate with. The clinic is open on weekends and most holidays so that they can always get you in when you need to be seen for procedures.
I felt like I was not always informed. The office didn't treat me like a human until I started IVF. To me, it seemed like it was all about the money spent. IUIs seemed so insignificant to them that they didn't give me hardly any information unless I asked. When we started IVF it's like their demeanor changed to treat me more like a human.
The nurses were very nice and compassionate. However, when going through IUI I had to call the general nurses phone number and always had to leave a message. I felt like we played a lot of phone tag. I also don't feel that the doctors always communicated well with the nurses. When I went through IVF, I would call the IVF nurse directly and had much better communication with her.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos was very knowledgeable but he didn't always have the best bedside manner. He was very blunt and direct. I appreciate the directness however I felt like he could have had better delivery when communicating with me.
Be your own advocate, do your research, and ask questions. Each time I would go in for a visit I would tell Dr. Moutos that I had some questions whether I did at the time or not. That way after he performed the ultrasound he would give me and my husband some time alone while I got dressed. We used that time to get our thoughts together to determine what questions we had (we always ended up having questions.) He would come back in a few minutes later to answer my questions. However, if you don't tell him that you have questions he will leave after the ultrasound not to be seen again.
IUI- 1 round letrozole with ovidrel (Dr. Batres said letrozole was better for unexplained infertility) IUI- 3 rounds clomid with ovidrel (Dr. Moutos said we needed to produce more than the one egg letrozole would produce) IVF- Cetrotide (used instead of Lupron for cycle 2) Lupron (caused cycle to be cancelled because it caused me to produce an egg and not supress production) Gonal-F Menopur Ovidrel Follistim
I believe that IUIs were around $1500 each. I think IVF was around $18,000 but they did offer a discount if the 1st round wasn't successful and you needed to do a 2nd round.
Our doctor recommended eSET but let us choose. We chose to transfer 2 embryos. He said that was our choice and he was ok with our decision. He felt that it would still be safe to transfer 2 embryos but of course would not let us transfer more.
Little Rock
The IVF coordinator [at Arkansas Fertility Center], Debby, took an interest in our lives and we felt she was rooting for us. We loved some of the nurses who joined us for ultrasound monitoring and performed our blood draws. We became especially close to some of them. We found the nurses on the surgical side to be highly compassionate. Once you get to egg retrieval and transfer time you might be stressed out. We found the nurses on that side to be calming and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I think the doctors and nurses are the clinic’s primary strength. Dr. Moutos was our primary doctor but we also saw his partner Dr. Batres during monitoring. Both are very smart. Dr. Batres will take more time with you. But we loved Dr. Moutos and trusted him. The nurses are also great. We found them to be compassionate and helpful when we needed questions answered in person or in the patient portal. We personally think the lab could be a weakness to this clinic. If you are interested in PGS or PGD testing you may want to find a clinic that performs a lot of embryo biopsies as this clinic does not.
This practice is small and I got to see Dr. Moutos frequently. I also developed positive relationships with the nurses and support staff. They all knew our story and seemed to care about our outcome which made me feel more like a human and not a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby)
Overall we loved the nursing staff. Even though it’s a smaller clinic they do see a lot of patients as it is the only IVF clinic in the entire state. So as a patient you must stay on top of your own care to ensure nothing slips through the cracks. The IVF coordinator, Debby, took an interest in our lives and we felt she was rooting for us. We loved some of the nurses who joined us for ultrasound monitoring and performed our blood draws. We became especially close to some of them. We found the nurses on the surgical side to be highly compassionate. Once you get to egg retrieval and transfer time you might be stressed out. We found the nurses on that side to be calming and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
My husband and I both found Dr. Moutos to be very smart and knowledgeable. We tend to ask a lot of questions and he always took the time to answer them and gave us answers we were satisfied with. We also appreciated that he did not sugarcoat anything. He gave us clear instructions and expectations. We did 2 egg retrievals with Dr. Moutos. Both under the same protocol. Our results were average to poor for my age but each time we produced 1 viable PGS tested embryo. Dr. Moutos performed both of our frozen embryo transfers and they went smoothly. He is very skilled in my opinion. Sadly neither resulted in a pregnancy despite all conditions being “perfect.” I would recommend Dr. Moutos to anyone who wants a doctor that is straightforward and knowledgeable. He may not hug you or show much emotion but he is there to help you get results.
Have clear questions prepared for Dr. Moutos when you see and talk to him. He tends to move quickly but if you have specific questions he will take the time to answer them.
For both of my IVF cycles we used an antogonist protocol. Dr. Moutos thought this would give us the best chance at high quality eggs on a shorter medication protocol. The doses were high for my age. After the first cycle yielded slightly fewer eggs than average for my age we upped the doses for the second cycle. That second cycle was worse overall than the first and produced even fewer eggs of poorer quality. We still managed to get 1 PGS normal blastocyst from each cycle though.
I believe the first round of IVF was about $11-$12K. The second round was about $7K I believe. We felt the prices were very fair. I believe a frozen embryo transfer cycle was $3K. These costs do not include medications or PGS testing.
Dr. Moutos very strongly encouraged us to do eSET. We were doing PGS testing so we felt comfortable only transferring 1 embryo each time.
Little Rock
[AR Fert and Gyn] Strength: knowledgeable physicians, centrally located in the state, variety of fertility treatments available Weakness: reception staff and nurses are not friendly, communication...Nurses were very uncaring. Twice I needed them to complete very specific forms, which I sent to them, and they did not do them. One nurse discouraged me from applying for grants because I’m not the type of case that would win. Had multiple issues getting return calls.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Strength: knowledgeable physicians, centrally located in the state, variety of fertility treatments available Weakness: reception staff and nurses are not friendly, communication, no completion so no need to be patient centered or caring,
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
In the beginning, it felt indivualized, like our case mattered. After 3 failed IUIs, we decided to stop wasting money on IUI and start saving for IVF. That’s when the care stopped. I requested some forms to be filled out for grant applications, and the nurse didn’t do it. I was in the process of changing gynecologist and had requested my records sent to the new doctor, so the nurse refused to fill out the form. I actually won a grant a few months later and needed a medical letter from Dr Batres stating my diagnosis and need for IVF. Again, no one did anything. Messages through the portal were ignored, phone calls not returned. Three days before the deadline, I called and asked for the office manager to leave a complaint on staff. And FINALLY got my medical letter. When IVF is 15-20K, and a patient wins a grant, WHY do the nurses not want to help finialze the financial help! We realized then, that AR Fertility only wants your money and if you get pregnant, then it’s like a bonus to them.
Awful. Uncaring. Incompetent. Unfriendly.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very upfront with potential success rates, I only felt slightly pushed straight to IVF, which we declined. I have declined cyst aspiration but when I asked questions about risk vs benefit of aspiration, i never got a clear answer. He carefully monitors me and i feel confident he will eventually get me pregnant.
Go somewhere else. But, since they’re the only IVF clinic in the state, you basically have no choice. So, if you do go; Ask questions. If you don't understand, keep asking. Advocate for yourself. Don’t be afraid to get confrontational if needed.
I have DOR diagnosis. He told me success rates are better with IVF but i wasn't ready to get into that. We started IUI with 100mg clomid and ovidrel trigger. We are about to start cycle 3 doing the same since I respond well to the clomid for a DOR patient.
Cost for IUI cycle $1200 includes all appointments, monitoring, and procedure After 1 IUI cycle, we opted to pay for appointments as we went. I had only needed 1 monitoring appointment before trigger. The billing lady told us paying as we went would cost us more, but it didn’t. Total was $200 less for us. Not everyone would save, maybe, but we did. Run the numbers yourself, don’t take their word for it. I asked for an itemized cost for IVF, which the person responding to my message, refused to give. She said 15-20K Plus Meds.
Little Rock
Debby and all the nursing staff [at AR Fert and Gyn] were absolutely wonderful! They listened to my concerns, helped me keep track of all my medications, & were compassionate towards my needs. They always returned my calls in a timely manner...Full IVF cycle cost $12,000 not including mess. Mess ranged from $1,500 - $2,500 total per cycle...We are beyond grateful for Dr Moutos & his staff!...Dr. Moutos was always great about finding us the least expensive option.
Debby and all the nursing staff were absolutely wonderful! They listened to my concerns, helped me keep track of all my medications, & were compassionate towards my needs. They always returned my calls in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos is a wonderful doctor! He's very knowledgeable and is very good at what he does! Dr Moutos sees a ton of patients, so wait time is sometimes long. But, he always gives each patient the time he/she needs & answers any questions. Dr. Moutos is a compassionate and caring doctor who truly cares about his patient's needs. I am currently 9 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins thanks to Dr. Moutos! We will be forever grateful!
Trust him & his plan. He is a very good doctor!
When I first saw Dr. Moutos in April 2015, he diagnosed me with hypothalamic amenorrhea/anovulatory disorder. He started with the least expensive treatment - 3 rounds of Clomid. When this did not make me ovulate, he switched to injectables - Follistim & low dose HCG. My first cycle with these drugs, we did timed intercourse. I did indeed ovulate but did not become pregnant. My next cycle, I switched to Gonal-F instead of Follistim because of the huge price difference (Dr. Moutos was always great about finding us the least expensive option). This time I got overstimulated for a timed intercourse cycle, so Dr M gave us the option of converting to IVF or aborting the cycle. We chose to convert to IVF. We continued with the Gonal F, low dose HCG, & triggered with Ovidrel for our last minute IVF cycle. This was very overwhelming as we did not have time to think about it. Dr Moutos was very reassuring and walked us through all the steps. We had our egg retrieval in August 2015 & retrieved 7 eggs, 3 of which fertilized. Dr Moutos assured us this was pretty good considering we did not start out aggressive like a typical IVF cycle. We ended up with 1 embryo to transfer on day 5 & ended up getting pregnant! Unfortunately, we miscarried at 6 1/2 weeks due to blighted ovum. We were devastated, but Dr M again gave us our options & said that he would not give up. It took my body 7 weeks to recover from the miscarriage. We ended up using medication to progress it along. We opted out of a D&C. In November 2015 we did IVF cycle 2. This time we started aggressive with the Gonal F & low dose HCG. I also used Cetrotide & triggered with Ovidrel. On November 22, 2015 we had our egg retrieval. This time we retrieved 13 eggs & 7 fertilized! Unfortunately, we ended up doing a freeze all cycle due to OHSS- I had a lot of fluid in my abdomen & my lining was really thin. Dr M walked us through this telling us the best option was to do a frozen cycle later on when my uterus was ready to take them. We froze 3 grade 1 excellent embryos. We planned on doing our FET in January 2017 but it ended up getting pushed back bc my lining would not thicken on estrogen alone. So Dr Moutos gave us another option - to try a vaginal Viagra suppository (he was able to find this at s very good price for us, thank goodness). This along with the estrogen patches did the trick! My lining was thicker than it's ever been! In March 2027, we did our FET. We transferred 2 embryos & both took. We are currently 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins! Dr. Moutos has released us but is still monitoring my estrogen & progesterone levels (I will continue estrogen patches & progesterone in oil injections until 12 weeks). We are beyond grateful for Dr Moutos & his staff!
He told us the risks/benefits of both & ultimately left the decision up to us.
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
The strengths of the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center-Little Rock] for us is the doctors bedside manner and the location of the clinic. A weakness is not everyone in that clinic is friendly and we understand a difference in personalities but when your going through infertility and spending lots of money it is nice to come in contact with people who are empathetic.
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The strengths of the clinic for us is the doctors bedside manner and the location of the clinic. A weakness is not everyone in that clinic is friendly and we understand a difference in personalities but when your going through infertility and spending lots of money it is nice to come in contact with people who are empathetic.
He took time to answer questions and was honest up front with us
Some are not so friendly and don't take in consideration how emotional infertility is
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr Batres takes time with his patients and helps them to understand each step along the way. He is honest and up front. Answers all questions we have. Even when we have just wanted to move forward and just go through with IVF to have a baby, if there was something that needed to be done or if we needed to wait three months and then repeat testing that's what he would suggest we do before doing it how we just want to do it. After all he is the doctor and has been doing it for awhile. He is very personable and will actually talk to you in his office one on one at each visit versus and exam room. We see everything he puts in our office visit notes.
It may take awhile to go through testing and there may be set backs but it will work out in the long run. Just trust him
We are going to be starting IVF soon. Don't know all of the specifics just yet but I have started on birth control and will be going for our class next Monday
1) 10,000 for IVF 2) 3,000-5,000 for medications 3) we recently learned that we have to be checked for hiv, hepatitis etc and any ultrasounds we have there once were pregnant will not be covered because they are not our obgyn. 4) labs and other testing not covered by insurance (screening) amounts vary
Describe Francisco Batres's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
the least amount of embryos transferred based on quality. No more than two
3 IUI, IVF
The nursing staff [AR Fert and Gyn] as a whole was very polite and friendly at appointments. However, it was/is next to impossible to get anyone on the phone. The IVF coordinator is very direct, shows very little compassion and does not give much information....Communication and scheduling can be difficult....With my IVF protocol, the Dr and IVF coordinator told me two different protocols....Nobody answers the phone, you always have to leave a message.
3 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Communication and scheduling can be difficult. Nobody answers the phone, you always have to leave a message. Appointments are always running behind and although they schedule appointments at 7:30, you rarely get seen before 8. Be patient
In the beginning Dr Moutos could not remember our previous course of treatment and would constantly have to ask me what we had done last time etc. But as time went on, this did get better
The nursing staff as a whole was very polite and friendly at appointments. However, it was/is next to impossible to get anyone on the phone. The IVF coordinator is very direct, shows very little compassion and does not give much information. She knew I was having a chemical pregnancy and did not tell me, lead me to think I had more hope than was realistic.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr Moutos is very informed and up to date on latest techniques and data. He isn't always as thourough as I'd like and requires you to ask questions....assuming you know what questions to ask. He does answer questions but inform yourself before you go so that you know enough to ask. He allows students to work with him so be prepared to have students observe and possibly exam you.
Inform yourself enough to ask questions before you go.
His first treatment recommendation was IUI based on diagnosis of unexplained Infertility and us TTC for over a year. After 3 unsuccessful IUIs we met with other Dr in clinic and he discovered that my husbands semen analysis showed abnormal morphology and thus gave us a male factor diagnosis and recommended IVF. We have had one fresh IVF cycle and I recently had a polyp removed from my uterus and we will begin our first FET this month. I was a little frustrated with not having a diagnosis earlier and then finding the polyp after all these unsuccessful attempts.
In the beginning everything was 100% out of pocket and had to be paid in full day of service. I was lucky enough to change jobs thus insurances and IVF was covered 80/20. I had to pay my 20% up front before protocol began. All IVF medications were out of pocket. I used Walgreens specialty pharmacy although the IVF coordinator tried telling me what pharmacy I had to use.
We have done eSET and will continue to do so with our next FET. Dr. Moutos recommended this based on excellent quality embryos and we trust him fully
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The nurses [at Arkansas Fertility Center] were wonderful. The front desk leaves something to be desired with their poor attitudes, but nurses were great!...I had to call sometimes to get lab results but they also have them available online so you don’t have to wait to hear from a nurse...The doctors are skilled, the nurses are sweet and attentive, lab techs are great and very fast, the only issues I could see someone having are with possible personality quirks of Dr. Batres himself, although he is an extremely good doctor, and the front desk staff are honestly pretty rude. Which can be difficult to deal with when you’re facing fertility issues. But it was worth overlooking that for me to have a doctor as skilled as Dr. Batres
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
His personality is not as some may expect, he is not from America and has some social quirks but is clearly passionate about getting results and doing well at his job. He is brilliant as a doctor. You just have to be willing to overlook his communication skills
The nurses here were wonderful. The front desk leaves something to be desired with their poor attitudes, but nurses were great!
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you can see past his quirks and recognize that he is an excellent doctor who is passionate about helping people start a family, you will love him. He knows what he’s doing 100%. He helped us get our baby. If warm and fuzzy bedside manor is your needs as a pateint, he may not be for you.
Trust him and let him know your preferences. He is different but his plans are solid and successful. I communicated that I didn’t want Clomid and he gave me an alternative with lower risk of multiples and less harsh side effects.
Dr. Batres placed me on a medication to start my cycle, did ultrasound and labs to evaluate ovulation and follicles, placed me on Letrozole, and then once I was ovulating he instructed us to have intercourse every other day. This protocol worked within 2 months.
I do not recall. It was very expensive and we continued to pay on these bills up until these last couple months (our son is almost 2) but it was worth it.
2013 - 2015
The front desk staff and billing [at Arkansas Fertility Center] are so frustrating to work with. If you're trying to call and talk to a human, you won't. You'll have to leave a message and they will call you back. If you're in the middle of a cycle, the nursing staff is good at calling you back, but I had a billing issue and was call to PAY THEM and it took 2 weeks in order to get someone to call me back and get it all worked out.
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk staff and billing are so frustrating to work with. If you're trying to call and talk to a human, you won't. You'll have to leave a message and they will call you back. If you're in the middle of a cycle, the nursing staff is good at calling you back, but I had a billing issue and was call to PAY THEM and it took 2 weeks in order to get someone to call me back and get it all worked out.
Dr Moutos isn't one to sit down and explain what is happening with you. He simply wants to get through the process and get things done. He's very competent and very good at what he does, but isn't typically going to look to the patient for insight or additional information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Stewart)
Debbie Stewart was the nurse that did the counseling and coordinated medications and dosages with me. I found her very informative, but very cold and businesslike. I flat out told her, "I understand that this is your job. You see women like me every single day and you deal with us all hopped up on hormones and depressed and crazy because we just got to have a baby. Today is just another day at work for you, but this (the IVF cycle) is all my dreams, all my savings and all my strength and I need to know you're taking it seriously and considering what I need specifically as an individual patient. The nurse who was there for the retrieval and transfer (I don't remember her name and I really wish I did) was AMAZING. She was caring and considerate and had great bedside manner. She was exactly what I needed for a very stressful procedure (where, again, you're hopped up on hormones and not really thinking rationally).
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos will do what he can in order to get the patient pregnant, but he doesn't take additional time to sit down with the patient and explain what the plan is or options in courses of action. I had to argue with him when he wanted to put me back on Clomid for an IUI when I had previously tried Clomid and didn't respond to it. He did finally check my records and move on to injectable medications (which worked), but not without me putting up a fight. Be confident and assertive around him and he will work for you. When we did the IVF, he was much more receptive.
Learn about your procedures. Ask lots of questions and if you're unsure about something, ask for clarification. This is your body, your dreams and (if insurance isn't covering procedures, like my situation) your money.
We did 3 cycles on Femera with timed intercourse, 3 cycles on injectable medications with timed intercourse, 3 IUIs (with injectables) and finally IVF (with ICSI). Each time I was producing follicles, but no fertilization was happening. Sperm was testing off the charts great and nothing could be found wrong with me, so after all that we finally moved on to IVF and were successful.
My doctor's office kindly offered a military discount for IVF at $10,000 (plus meds). This could increase if there were complications, but included start to finish of one cycle. Normally this cost is $12,500 for not military. They charged a flat rate of $1,000 per IUI. They did not offer any bundling services or shared responsibility promises. All my medications were acquired through Freedom Pharmacy and paid directly to them.
Dr. Moutos originally was only going to allow us to transfer 2 embryos max, but our remaining embryo was finally catching up in development and the morning of the transfer, he said he'd let us transfer all 3. He said he didn't have much hope for the third embryo, but that it would do better in the body than out (as we were hoping to freeze some, but ended up not having any available). Out of the 3 transferred, we ended up with a singleton birth.
2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
I guess the customer service team [at Arkansas Fertility Center] (receptionist, check-out, etc.) were fine, but when I needed the billing department to take care of something or explain something the wrong information was provided to me, they billed me incorrectly and sporadically and I would get late notices before I got the first bill, etc. When it came to getting my records sent to a new clinic they never did it. Ultimately I picked up my own records and gave them to the new clinic myself.
2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
It was clean, pleasant looking, well-organized. I never waited less than 75 minutes in the waiting room and never less than 30 minutes in an exam room. The billing department was knowledgeable but completely disorganized. They seemed offended when I wanted a copy of my records and tried to discourage me from getting them.
It was rare that I saw him and he seemed to know any of my history, despite seeing him fairly regularly as one does during treatment. He performed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy on me and did not explain the results to me or my husband well after the surgery on the day of the surgery so I had questions during the post-op check up. He told me that he would never answer questions like the ones I had so I checked with some physicians I know to see if my questions were out of line, they said the questions were totally appropriate. Dr. Motous raised his voice to me during the post-op check up and told me to leave. When I went back two weeks later to start treatment he didn't remember my name or that he had performed surgery on me.
They were nice enough, all seemed fresh out of nursing school, many were not RNs but were either LPNs or aides with some medical training. It was clear they were not the ones to answer questions and none of them seemed particularly fond of Dr. Motous.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos was brash and difficult. He is known to not have a good bedside manner but for a while that seemed ok until it was clear he was not explaining the process to us completely at each step. He initially told us that I could start medication whenever I wanted, but when we came in to start medication he said we should do a test and then we could start medication. We did that test, came back, and it had not been made clear to us that the test results may result in surgery. So I had surgery and were told after that we could start medication as soon as we wanted. We came back after surgery and were told that while the surgery went fine that we would need to wait two months and that was always the case, no one could start without a two month wait. He also talked me into a laparoscopy that I did not necessarily need. He claimed that insurance would not pay for the procedure if we found I needed it later in treatment and while he was nearly certain there was nothing to find it made sense to cut now and know for sure. It was a shock when he said very nonchalantly that he found stage 2 endometriosis "all over the place" (he never specified what that meant) and seemed to be irritated by my shock and dismay. After going into treatment with a different doctor at a different clinic later I asked her if it was a concern and she said no, and that she was surprised I had a laparoscopy in the first place given my history and records from Dr. Moutos's office (which were entirely complete). I also had a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) prescribed by Dr. Motous but performed by his partner Dr. Batres. I was not told that Dr. Motous would not be performing the procedure and was not given an option on what day to do the procedure. After that procedure I developed mild chronic uterine pain and GI issues that Dr. Motous discounted. I was not given antibiotics after the HSG or the surgery by Dr. Motous. I ovulated spontaneously and became pregnant 2 months after the surgery and subsequently miscarried. The chronic pain and GI issues never abated but they were the least of my worries at that point. During a second hysteroscopy by a different physician/clinic 6 months later it was discovered that I had endometritis, which is common after having a uterine procedure or surgery without prophylactic antibiotics. Some of the symptoms are mild chronic uterine pain and GI issues. Endometritis is also a cause for miscarriages. Ultimately I left Dr. Motous because I felt bullied generally, pushed into surgery I did not need, and that he was irritated and appalled when I asked questions. I know many women have given him good reviews elsewhere but those women have also gotten pregnant and had children while being treated by him. I try to be objective and avoid bias in my reviews of him as a result, but ultimately it comes back to the fact that I felt bullied and he was mean to me. Given how hard fertility treatments are to begin with to have your physician be mean to you is the exact opposite of how any woman and couple should be treated. Kid gloves aren't always necessary or appropriate but being a decent human being and nice to your patient is necessary.
If you are going to see him, don't let him bully you into anything and don't expect him to know who you are, what your history is, or your name. And don't bother asking questions, it just pisses him off.
HSG to find out if tubes were blocked, then hysteroscopy to examine uterine obstruction (determined to be large polyp) and laparoscopy to determine if there was endometriosis, then Clomid. It was never clear how much monitoring/how many ultrasounds I would receive while on Clomid to make sure that I wasn't at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) and OHSS was never mentioned as a risk of Clomid despite it being a high likelihood given my medical history. Ultimately I left his practice before treatment started because I felt bullied and worried that his treatment protocol would not be individualized to me or necessarily safe.
I paid up front for the HSG and surgery without knowing at the time that it is a practice that is discouraged by insurance companies because negotiated rates change the billing amount so the patient is expected to pay a co-pay up front and then whatever is owed after the negotiated rate on the back end. At Dr. Moutos clinic it is a flat fee up front and then they will ask you for more money if it is owed. Ultimately, they owed me money and it was incredibly difficult getting a refund from them. I was also never told that I would owe money for any appointments beyond the co-pay for a specialist before I started treatment. I only found out when I received a late notice without having received an original invoice. When I questioned it and asked them to submit it to insurance anyway they stated they had told me about it, given me a rate sheet (I never saw one and I'm completely OCD about keeping things like that for budgeting), and insurance would not pay for it. I submitted it to insurance myself and insurance paid for it because it was considered diagnostic and not treatment.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
The IUI package cost [atAR Fert and Gyn] was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of...
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
I
Dr. Batres was very kind and always called me himself after the clinic had closed, rather than pass that job off to a nurse.
One of the nurses, frankly, was not friendly. I don't remember her name but she had her own office and was in charge of educating on injectables. The other nurses were very nice, if a little quiet at times.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Batres is from another country (guatemala I believe) so the biggest drawback is that his accent is a bit heavy, but he overcomes that easily by explaining everything in detail and drawing diagrams to help you understand. He doesn't mind repeating things and doesn't get offended by this. He is very cheerful but also honest and won't sugar coat the truth. I had a wonderful experience with him and after three years of trying I got pregnant within four months of his care.
Be patient-sometimes you'll have to see Dr. Moutos and he is just not full of good bedside manner, but Dr. Batres is great.
First we started doing Letrozole with IUI and that did not result in a pregnancy. The next cycle we tried doing letrozole again because I had at least ovulated on it before (and before seeing dr. batres I had done many letrozole and clomid cycles that most of the time at least led to ovulation) but that failed to produce an egg, so that cycle failed and did not proceed. After that we moved to Gonal-F with a trigger shot and an IUI, which resulted in my pregnancy. We had to adjust the dose of Gonal-F as we went and it was a late ovulation, but it worked!
The IUI package cost was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of.
Little Rock
The clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is clean and the people are friendly. My only complaint would be wait times after being put in a room.... The nursing staff are friendly and personable. Always answer calls or questions in a timely manner... We first tried a drug called letrozole and had good reactions but no pregnancies on the intercourse cycle. Also took a shot called ovidril to help the egg drop. Did a few months on clomid before switching back to letrozole. Still on the intercourse cycle but no pregnancies. We attempted 3 iui with no success and one chemical pregnancy. We were told that ivf is our only option.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and the people are friendly. My only complaint would be wait times after being put in a room.
He explained everything in detail, followed up with us, and was very warm and caring
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr batres explained everything in detail and would answer any question you had for him. Sometimes he would explain too much too quickly and we would have to go back and ask questions about what he explained.
Have research and questions ready to go when you go see him. And don't be afraid to make him repeat or write down what he is telling you
We first tried a drug called letrozole and had good reactions but no pregnancies on the intercourse cycle. Also took a shot called ovidril to help the egg drop. Did a few months on clomid before switching back to letrozole. Still on the intercourse cycle but no pregnancies. We attempted 3 iui with no success and one chemical pregnancy. We were told that ivf is our only option. We haven't started yet due to lack of funds to pay for procedure.
Under my insurance costs were reasonable. For most appointments I only paid a copay and for the ovidril my insurance didn't cover. The ivf is way more expensive which is why we are unable to do it at this time
Little Rock
The primary issue was that the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] telling me to get the results for procedures I'd already had completed. They failed to check the files I'd sent the previously. Every time I called they asked for new information. They severely delayed me...Overall good experience with the Dr. Batres. He was patient and thorough. He does have an accent that makes it a little hard to understand. He also draws upside down while he's discussing your assessment which was distracting for my husband. Poor experience with the clinic and nurses.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Don't expect anyone to call you back. Your follow-up will be key. Know you patient files better than them.
Dr. Batres did personally complete his assessment and fill out the forms himself instead of the nurse. I did like that. He made took his time and made sure to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember)
The entire staff was terrible. There was a lack of responsiveness. No one returned phone calls. No one did any follow-through with things they said they would do. My first appointment was delayed by 3 hours and didn't begin until about 30mins before closing. Everyone was rude, didn't care if I was there or not, and seem to simply hate their jobs.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I would ensure that you're educated on your diagnosis and very well researched. He does talk quickly so you have to keep up.
Dr. Batres works at the only clinic in Arkansas so if you want to pursue IVF in AR, you don't have any other options. We never moved passed the assessment stage with Dr. Batres. Things were progressing much too slowly. At every step, the would request information from past treatments that we'd already shared over. We eventually switched to Tulsa.
I only paid for the initial visit and I don't remember the exact amount.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
I always enjoyed visiting with the nurses [at Arkansas Fertility Center]. They were very friendly and helpful!..The woman at the front desk could kind of seem rude some days, but some days she was friendly...Dr Batres did change medication doses after our first failed attempt. He increased certain medications and made sure to keep an eye on developing follicles...Our insurance covered 80% of our treatments (excluding medications) We ended up spending about $5,000
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Dr Batres always remembered our names and told us funny stories to keep our spirits up. Someone had catered for the clinic and my husband could smell BBQ and Dr Batres went to the staff lounge and made my husband a plate of food! Then (as we were leaving the clinic) Dr Batres called my cell phone to remind my husband that now he had to take me anywhere I wanted to eat for lunch! He was just an overall very friendly person. He was a joy to be around during such a difficult time.
I always enjoyed visiting with the nurses. They were very friendly and helpful!
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I always felt like Dr Batres cared about us as a couple and wanted our treatments to be successful. When we finally got a positive pregnancy test (after one failed round of IVF) he gave us both a big hug and told us to bring him a baby to see.
His accent is a little bit hard to understand so it made it easier (for me) to watch his lips moving
During the first round of IVF, Dr Batres suggested transferring 1 embryo, but he said he would support us if we chose to transfer 2. We chose to go with 2. After that round failed, the next round he did suggest trying 2 embryos again, and both of them took. However, early on one of the embryos stopped growing and eventually disappeared on ultrasounds.
2013 - 2014
Learn the ins and outs of what your insurance will pay and not pay. I was not told that after my IUI, I could no longer have tests run unless I wanted to pay for them out of pocket. The doctors office [Arkansas Fertility Center] should have told me prior to my IUI...It was around 1500-1800. We were told my insurance would cover some of my husband's test, but they didn't. We received a bill for more than 800. Then about $800 for the IUI and injectable hormone to cause me to release an egg that I didn't need.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Learn the ins and outs of what your insurance will pay and not pay. I was not told that after my IUI, I could no longer have tests run unless I wanted to pay for them out of pocket. The doctors office should have told me prior to my IUI.
I feel like in a sense he cared, but he didn't run enough diagnostics to see what was wrong. He did a Hysterosalpingogram - HSG, but didn't do a Laparoscopy to see if I have endometriosis. My OB/GYN will be testing me next month to see. I feel like he could have done more.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I explained this in a previous comment section. I guess I jumped the gun. I do feel like he could have done more to see what was wrong. I was not told that Batres would do my IUI. I was expecting to see Moutos.
To make sure you have all the tests you want run told to him, otherwise he will jump right into doing an IUI without running all the tests.
He ran blood tests on me and my husband. A sperm analysis on my husband and performed a HSG on me. He then prescribed me clomid. Told me to come back when I was ovulating. I never saw or was able to speak to him again.
2012 - 2013
I felt like a number [at Arkansas Fertility Center] *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Weakness: communication before you are an IVF patient. Even the billing dept was hard to contact. It took a day or two or more to ever hear back from a nurse. That was frustrating in time sensitive cycling situations. Strengths: once I was IVF, I was handled with care and attention and compassion. Dr. Moutos spent extra time with me after I developed OHSS and even monitored me until 10 weeks pregnant with bi-weekly ultrasounds and scans. I was sad to graduate to an OB!
I felt like a number *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center.
She was a no-nonsense kind of woman and came off kind of harsh but you could tell she cared. She heard we were successful and it was twins and even stopped us in the hallway to congratulate us.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos is a numbers guy. He give you the exact stats and figures he expects from all procedure. I liked that. He's not quite as warm and comforting as Dr. Batres but I was ok with that. He will give you all the time you need in your appointments and answer all your questions. I never felt rushed.
Insurance covered nothing before IVF. Each IUI cycle cost around $2000. We spent about $10,000 before we got to IVF.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
At the beginning I felt like a number but towards the end when they started knowing a face to the name I felt like more than a number to them....My main concern was answering phone messages. They [AR Ferti and Gyn] did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly....The front office staff is very cold....The nurse are great!...Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front office staff is very cold. They are not overly frequently until they know you, once you have started coming more regularly. The nurse are great!
My main concern was answering phone messages. They did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit. But I always got the vibe that he was already on to the next patient in his mind. Very busy man!
Just know that it takes a awhile for him to warm up to you. He won't focus on you and your name/face until you have been there SEVERAL times.
My first IVF cycle was cancelled because I did not respond to the meds properly. I had one follicle jump out and grow very quickly and the rest did not catch up. For my second IVF cycle Dr M changed my meds and I responded much better!
We had a family pay so I'm not sure on cost.
They suggestions with my age to transfer at least two but could go up to three embryos. Our choice.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic [AR Fert and Gyn]. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point....[Nursing Staff] They were very kind and empathetic towards me and my husband. They always were friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point.
I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI and even let us see he sperm under the microscope!
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!
Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
The IUI procedure was around $500. The additional medications and ultrasounds added up to around $600+. The whole IUI wound up costing over $1000
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The front desk attendant [Arkansas Fertility Center] is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.... The nursing staff is very busy and attempts to return calls but does not always get around to it.... The treatments are very expensive as they are at most places. Labs and ultrasound are also very pricey. I’ve had one mistake made in the billing department.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk attendant is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.
Dr batres always takes time to explain things in great detail. He is aggressive with his plans as long as you are comfortable every step of the way.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr batres is a caring dr. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field. I trust him to do what is best for me and my family. I know he has my best interest at heart. He is sure to taste time to meet with you after each appt.
Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
2012 - 2015
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Overworked and understaffed [at Arkansas Fertility and Gyncology] . Communication is terrinke... Injections to prepare for egg retrieval after surgery to remove a uterine septum. Used icsi to fertilize eggs. Transferred three embryos. Excuse quality wasn't good. Had a 3 day transfer because of the low number of embryos to pick from. First cycle failed and second cycle was exactly the same with no fertilized eggs. So we transferred donated embryos.
2012 - 2015
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Overworked and understaffed. Communication is terrinke
The clinic is understaffed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Humphries )
Sarah was kind but overworked
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Very intelligent in his field but understaffed and no bedside manner at all. Very harsh and lacks compassion. Hard to get in touch with at the clinic and communication is extremely difficult. He is good at what he does but his clinic needs more doctors and a more patient-centered practice.
$7000 to the clinic plus meds
The clinic usually transfers two but did three for us because of lack of quality.
Little Rock
When you call [Arkansas Fertility Center], there is no one you can personally talk to. You have to leave a message to talk to anyone.... They [the nursing staff at AK Fertility Center] were nice, but not overly friendly.... He [Dr. Dean Moutos] met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
When you call, there is no one you can personally talk to. You have to leave a message to talk to anyone.
He spent little time with me. I saw the other doctor more than him.
They were nice, but not overly friendly.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps.
He is nice, but he doesn't seem to spend much time with the patients.
Ultrasound $350 IUI-$400+
Little Rock
Be patient, he [Dr. Francisco Batres] is always running behind [at Arkansas Fertility Center]. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining...Dr Batres is very thourough and takes his time with each patient. He makes time to answer all your questions until you understand...He is very compassionate and nice man. He is difficult to understand at times but does his best to make sure you understand before you leave, even draws pictures and diagrams. He gave me his personal cell number and called and checked on my after IVF procedure
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient, he is always running behind. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining