6.5
6.5

9101 Kanis Road
Little Rock, AR 72205
501-801-1200

For better or worse, he [Dr. Batres] is extremely informative and descriptive as the procedure is taking place. My wife and I both agreed it was more comforting than not but I could understand if someone else was put off by it. I definitely felt that he was doing out of concern for the patient as an attempt to make them feel somewhat in control of a vulnerable situation. He is very particular about how full your bladder is during the procedure and I appreciated the attention to detail.
They [Arkansas Fertility Center] are flexible with labs which is a welcome break when you are already taking off a lot of work for treatments. The embryologist and the nurses that are with when you go back for transfer are always awesome and comforting. The building is small and therefore easy to navigate and there is usually no problem parking ... Stacey, who coordinates with donors, can be particularly abrasive and unprofessional. As far as I know, she completed her job properly but left both us and the known donor with a terrible impression.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He has an accent that has a side effect of sounding a little cold at first but that impression passed quickly. For better or worse, he is extremely informative and descriptive as the procedure is taking place. My wife and I both agreed it was more comforting than not but I could understand if someone else was put off by it. I definitely felt that he was doing out of concern for the patient as an attempt to make them feel somewhat in control of a vulnerable situation. He is very particular about how full your bladder is during the procedure and I appreciated the attention to detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Don’t be thrown off by your first impression of his concern for your situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
They can brush up quickly by looking at your file, but they don’t memorize your circumstance by name or face. This is probably perfectly normal but it always makes you wonder if they are missing some small, yet significant detail that might change everything.
Describe the protocols Francisco Batres used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used patches and injections for donor egg IVF cycles. It seemed pretty standard. After 2 failed cycles, as we prepared for our last embryo, he suggested a biopsy and a scrape which we went for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Most of the staff are friendly enough but they all seem susceptible to bringing a bad day to work. Stacey, who coordinates with donors, can be particularly abrasive and unprofessional. As far as I know, she completed her job properly but left both us and the known donor with a terrible impression.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
They are flexible with labs which is a welcome break when you are already taking off a lot of work for treatments. The embryologist and the nurses that are with when you go back for transfer are always awesome and comforting. The building is small and therefore easy to navigate and there is usually no problem parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center.
$20,000 + medications for initial retrieval and cycle. $3,000+ meds for each additional transfer cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The only thing I clicked on specifics was the conflicting information box. It was early in the process when coordinating with the donor. It could have easily been ours or the donors misunderstanding but every things is so scary and sensitive during that process that small slights feels huge.
Little Rock

Dr. Batres was very thorough and explained my fertility treatments and the timeline we would use. He does a good job on my ultrasounds and explained everything he was doing and what I was looking at. He also let me know when I would have to see the other Dr. in the clinic because he would be in surgery. He even called me on a Sunday to explain my results and next treatment...He truly cares about his patients. I also like how he is very thorough and explains everything, including writing it down and giving you a copy. He also explains everything while doing the ultrasounds. I will say my only negative, and it's not really negative, is that he has a chuckle while he talks that can be off putting if someone doesnt tell you before you meet him.
The strength of this office [Arkansas Fertility Center] are the compassion and thoroughness of the doctors. They are also up front with cost and always try to bill insurance and are very knowledgeable about insurance. Just know that the 1st appointment can be a sticker shock if you don't do your research. Also make sure you try to message them in the morning if you have questions if you need them answered that day or just give them a call.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I think Dr. Batres is a wonderful doctor. He truly cares about his patients. I also like how he is very thorough and explains everything, including writing it down and giving you a copy. He also explains everything while doing the ultrasounds. I will say my only negative, and it's not really negative, is that he has a chuckle while he talks that can be off putting if someone doesnt tell you before you meet him.
Just be honest and share any of your concerns or questions.
With my history we we started on a higher dose of letrazole, then went to tamoxifen, and back to letrazole. We did them back to back and I didn't respond, but had a good uterine lining . We are now moving on to injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie )
The nursing stuff over all has done very well. They are nice and care about the patients. However, it sometimes does take them some time to respond to messages.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The strength of this office are the compassion and thoroughness of the doctors. They are also up front with cost and always try to bill insurance and are very knowledgeable about insurance. Just know that the 1st appointment can be a sticker shock if you don't do your research. Also make sure you try to message them in the morning if you have questions if you need them answered that day or just give them a call.
My 1st appointment was around $500 but that included my insurance paying for some of it. Most of my appointments cost around 250 also because my insurance does pay for a small portion of the ultra sounds. When I eventually get to IUI it will cost around $900 plus medication costs. Since I am movie on to injectables the cost of medication to go up to $2500.
Little Rock

I feel as if he [Dr. Moutos] took the time to discuss my situation with the other doctors in the clinic to get the best results as possible. He was very knowledgeable about my past history before coming to him. He was honest and real with us about our treatments and our progress throughout the first failed attempt and failed IVF.... My first I started birth control for a month with the routine ultra sounds to make sure I was suppressed enough to continue.
Initially I was very nervous, but after getting to know the clinic’s staff [Arkansas Fertility Center] I began to feel at home. Their strengths outweigh their weaknesses.... The only weakness I can think of is billing. But I honestly think that is because they are a busy clinic and in the middle of changes. But if we ever had a problem they would take care of it the right way and quickly!... I fell in love with the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Initially I was a little overwhelmed due to his knowledge. I’m a little first grade teacher and explain big things to little ones every day... at times I felt like I needed him to be a little more specific and explain a little more in depth. Anytime I had questions he was quick to answer. I do feel that as a patient and a determined mother to be, it’s so important for you to educate yourself with as much as possible. That way you are able to understand what all you are doing. I really valued his expertise. He was very forward with what he thought our best option would be regarding our medical history and issues. I appreciated the fact that he took the time to do additional testing to make sure we were on the right track to becoming parents. In this clinic you both doctors. At first I wasn’t sure about the idea, but later on learned that they use their strengths depending on what the patient’s case intells and they both discuss the best treatment plans. Two heads are better than one, right? I honestly felt and still feel he and the other doctor do everything possible to help you hold your sweet little blessing. Just because I’m not there yet doesn’t mean we are finished. They are still learning new things about my body and for that I am greatful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Not to let the initial consultation scare you. He gives you the facts and they can seem kind of scary, I get it. Also, he is so smart that you might seem a little impersonal. But I promise you he’s not. It’s just like any other relationship, the more you see him the more you understand his personality and the same for you. He knows what he’s doing, and as a patient you just have to trust him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I feel as if he took the time to discuss my situation with the other doctors in the clinic to get the best results as possible. He was very knowledgeable about my past history before coming to him. He was honest and real with us about our treatments and our progress throughout the first failed attempt and failed IVF.
Describe the protocols Dean Moutos used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first I started birth control for a month with the routine ultra sounds to make sure I was suppressed enough to continue. I was on Gonal F and Menapor injection one time a day. This cycle was cancelled after 6 days of STIMs due to a dominate follicle. He saw it initially and immediately tried to treat it cetracide. Our next cycle we began with 2 months of birth control to suppress. I then began taking Lupron injections 2 times a day along with gonal F and Menapor. These dosages were higher. We had to extend STIMs for 13 days. We then used a trigger shot was given before the retrieval. After retrieval we did a 3 day transfer of 2 excellent grade eggs. During this time I took progesterone inserts, medrol, and estradiol patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Stewart )
I fell in love with the nursing staff. Because I was there regularly and often I was able to form a relationship with a majority of them. They all made you feel welcomed, cared for, and important. Hugs, hand holds, smiles, and tears were just what I needed from them at times and they never let me down.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Just like any attending any new facility, it’s hard not to feel nervous or to compare. Initially I was very nervous, but after getting to know the clinic’s staff I began to feel at home. Their strengths outweigh their weaknesses. I honestly feel as if strengths and weaknesses of this clinic depend on the patient behind them. I appreciated their help and need to make things right if you had a problem. So far during our time with them they have continued to help out in any way possible. The only weakness I can think of is billing. But I honestly think that is because they are a busy clinic and in the middle of changes. But if we ever had a problem they would take care of it the right way and quickly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center.
This clinic does a flat fee of $11,000 and does except some insurances. Unfortunately, we were self pay so had to pay the $11,000 upfront and then they ordered our medicine and we had to pay for it separately. Although it was a lot of money upfront, it was nice to not have to worry with all the payments during the cycle.
Describe Dean Moutos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Before all of this I had to pray for trust. To know that I came to them for their gifts and talents and that I needed to try and focus on their strengths and not question their suggestions. Therefore, doing a 3 day transfer of 2 embryos in hopes that they take was what we did. The idea of loosing in hopes that they last for a five day blast was nerve wracking and the idea that being back in their natural environment made it easier to understand their decision. My doctors all explained their decision and it was appreciated.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
It was just misunderstandings before IVF started. Nothing alarming or damaging.
Little Rock
The clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is very prompt with scheduling, works with you on billing, and works you into the schedule as needed for emergency. Sometimes the clinic can run behind due to immediate need for egg retrieval (understandable) and does not let patients know that they are running behind having them wait in room for increased. If making payments make sure you keep up with receipts and total for your records because sometimes errors can occur. The clinic is very good.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Doctor Moutos provided a good detailed course of treatment with initial consultation with my husband and providing frequent follow up questions. He always went over procedures, medications, and follow-ups that I had concerns with. He would answer questions honestly if I asked. Dr Moutos was quick to act when it was discovered I had an ectopic pregnancy and handled the situation professionally and compassionately, reassuring me that there was still a chance for the family we wanted. Sometimes I felt that Moutos did not deliver as much information as I wanted/needed including giving information on appropriate follicle amount, lining levels, or additional treatment options (supplements, acupunture, etc) that could be beneficial to add to treatment.
always come prepared with questions and don't be afraid to say "Hey Dr. Moutos I need to talk to you. I have some questions." Don't leave the clinic with things unclear
On most appointments I felt that Dr.Moutos was very kind and worked me into his schedule if I had concerns about my cycles especially when one attempt with an iui resulted in an ectopic pregnancy requiring prompt surgery for removal. He continued to remain very optimistic about my treatments. Sometimes it was difficult to have time at the end of the appointment to ask any follow-up questions without being ushered on.
Unexplained infertility. no factors noted female or male. trying over a year with no success. started with clomid with iui. resulted in ectopic pregnancy with need for laparoscopic surgery with tube removal due to damage. no sign of endo with surgery. second iui with clomid resulted in no pregnancy with thin lining (presumably due to clomid). switched to letrozole and estrogen suppository but no iui due to oppsite side ovulation. cycle resulted in no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I like the nurses at the clinic. They are very kind and promptly respond to questions on portal and perform lab work without killing my arm.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is very prompt with scheduling, works with you on billing, and works you into the schedule as needed for emergency. Sometimes the clinic can run behind due to immediate need for egg retrieval (understandable) and does not let patients know that they are running behind having them wait in room for increased. If making payments make sure you keep up with receipts and total for your records because sometimes errors can occur. The clinic is very good.
iui cycles were around 1200 each. surgery costs total 3000. doppler ultrasound 350 for possible dvt.
not applicable
Little Rock
Dr. Batres has always put my husband and I at ease. He remembers us and takes time at each visit to speak to us in his office and answer questions. I can call him or his nurse any time and they always listen and get back with me promptly. I felt like he really cares about us and wants to help us have a family.... Dr Batres has called me after hours and has always allowed us the time that we need to process information and schedule our treatments around that. The schedules t the clinic is very flexible and he even let me do remote monitoring since I live 3 hours away from the clinic.
The nurses [at Arkansas Fertility Center] were all really sweet. I called all the time with questions and was never made to feel bad. They took good care of me during all the procedures, including a surgery. They are organized and have taken cRe of billing issues for me. The only thing I wish was that they called you with beta results instead of posting on the portal. In one way it is good. It to hear bad news over the phone but it is such a personal process up until that point and then I sort of ended up feeling left alone with the sad news. However, they don’t all to you after at the follow up. The nurse reassured me that it was not my fault.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I never felt like a number at this clinic. Dr Batres has called me after hours and has always allowed us the time that we need to process information and schedule our treatments around that. The schedules t the clinic is very flexible and he even let me do remote monitoring since I live 3 hours away from the clinic.
Ask a lot of questions. He will answer them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby S)
The nurses were all really sweet. I called all the time with questions and was never made to feel bad. They took good care of me during all the procedures, including a surgery. They are organized and have taken cRe of billing issues for me. The only thing I wish was that they called you with beta results instead of posting on the portal. In one way it is good. It to hear bad news over the phone but it is such a personal process up until that point and then I sort of ended up feeling left alone with the sad news. However, they don’t all to you after at the follow up. The nurse reassured me that it was not my fault.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Sometimes you will wait in the room to be seen for close to an hour. They are very busy.! But they are also really flexible with your schedule and open practically every day of the year. I never felt like I was being pressured to begin a cycle to “batch” me in with other ladies b/c they don’t do this. Once or twice, dr Batres was not there and I saw Dr. M instead. It was not the same as having my own doc but I trusted that he knows what he is doing. I had to ask a lot more questions though since he does not have the same communication style as Dr B
We had insurance coverage so I am not sure of the cost without that.
Describe Francisco Batres's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Dr. Batres recommended that we transfer 2 embryos both times, due to my age. Neither cycle resulted in a pregnancy (so far) but he encouraged us to transfer 2. I believe that he would have listened and followed our wishes if we had only wanted to transfer one, though. On our second fresh transfer, he allowed us to decide if we should transfer on day 3 or try to wait until day 5.

2012 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Batres takes time with his patients and helps them to understand each step along the way. He is honest and up front. Answers all questions we have. Even when we have just wanted to move forward and just go through with IVF to have a baby, if there was something that needed to be done or if we needed to wait three months and then repeat testing that's what he would suggest we do before doing it how we just want to do it. After all he is the doctor and has been doing it for awhile. He is very personable and will actually talk to you in his office one on one at each visit versus and exam room. We see everything he puts in our office visit notes.
The strengths of the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center-Little Rock] for us is the doctors bedside manner and the location of the clinic. A weakness is not everyone in that clinic is friendly and we understand a difference in personalities but when your going through infertility and spending lots of money it is nice to come in contact with people who are empathetic.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
It may take awhile to go through testing and there may be set backs but it will work out in the long run. Just trust him
He took time to answer questions and was honest up front with us
We are going to be starting IVF soon. Don't know all of the specifics just yet but I have started on birth control and will be going for our class next Monday
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Some are not so friendly and don't take in consideration how emotional infertility is
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The strengths of the clinic for us is the doctors bedside manner and the location of the clinic. A weakness is not everyone in that clinic is friendly and we understand a difference in personalities but when your going through infertility and spending lots of money it is nice to come in contact with people who are empathetic.
1) 10,000 for IVF 2) 3,000-5,000 for medications 3) we recently learned that we have to be checked for hiv, hepatitis etc and any ultrasounds we have there once were pregnant will not be covered because they are not our obgyn. 4) labs and other testing not covered by insurance (screening) amounts vary
the least amount of embryos transferred based on quality. No more than two
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
1) When we go in for our IVF class we knew we had to pay so much that day but while we were in the clinic they said they would have to call insurance first and then let us know. They failed to tell us we actually had to provide cash that day instead of using our card. 2) we signed in for our appointment one day 40 minutes early. My husband had to give a specimen and then I had an appointment. Well we already knew Dr Batres was going to look at his results before seeing us so I went in with him and then we were going to return to the waiting room. When he was finished and we were walking to the front, I got a call from the clinic saying the nurse called me three times and was going to cancel my appointment if I didn't get right there. I was already in the clinic!
Little Rock

Dr. Moutos is a wonderful doctor! He's very knowledgeable and is very good at what he does! Dr Moutos sees a ton of patients, so wait time is sometimes long. But, he always gives each patient the time he/she needs & answers any questions. Dr. Moutos is a compassionate and caring doctor who truly cares about his patient's needs. I am currently 9 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins thanks to Dr. Moutos! We will be forever grateful!...Trust him & his plan. He is a very good doctor!
Debby and all the nursing staff [at AR Fert and Gyn] were absolutely wonderful! They listened to my concerns, helped me keep track of all my medications, & were compassionate towards my needs. They always returned my calls in a timely manner...Full IVF cycle cost $12,000 not including mess. Mess ranged from $1,500 - $2,500 total per cycle...We are beyond grateful for Dr Moutos & his staff!...Dr. Moutos was always great about finding us the least expensive option.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Trust him & his plan. He is a very good doctor!
When I first saw Dr. Moutos in April 2015, he diagnosed me with hypothalamic amenorrhea/anovulatory disorder. He started with the least expensive treatment - 3 rounds of Clomid. When this did not make me ovulate, he switched to injectables - Follistim & low dose HCG. My first cycle with these drugs, we did timed intercourse. I did indeed ovulate but did not become pregnant. My next cycle, I switched to Gonal-F instead of Follistim because of the huge price difference (Dr. Moutos was always great about finding us the least expensive option). This time I got overstimulated for a timed intercourse cycle, so Dr M gave us the option of converting to IVF or aborting the cycle. We chose to convert to IVF. We continued with the Gonal F, low dose HCG, & triggered with Ovidrel for our last minute IVF cycle. This was very overwhelming as we did not have time to think about it. Dr Moutos was very reassuring and walked us through all the steps. We had our egg retrieval in August 2015 & retrieved 7 eggs, 3 of which fertilized. Dr Moutos assured us this was pretty good considering we did not start out aggressive like a typical IVF cycle. We ended up with 1 embryo to transfer on day 5 & ended up getting pregnant! Unfortunately, we miscarried at 6 1/2 weeks due to blighted ovum. We were devastated, but Dr M again gave us our options & said that he would not give up. It took my body 7 weeks to recover from the miscarriage. We ended up using medication to progress it along. We opted out of a D&C. In November 2015 we did IVF cycle 2. This time we started aggressive with the Gonal F & low dose HCG. I also used Cetrotide & triggered with Ovidrel. On November 22, 2015 we had our egg retrieval. This time we retrieved 13 eggs & 7 fertilized! Unfortunately, we ended up doing a freeze all cycle due to OHSS- I had a lot of fluid in my abdomen & my lining was really thin. Dr M walked us through this telling us the best option was to do a frozen cycle later on when my uterus was ready to take them. We froze 3 grade 1 excellent embryos. We planned on doing our FET in January 2017 but it ended up getting pushed back bc my lining would not thicken on estrogen alone. So Dr Moutos gave us another option - to try a vaginal Viagra suppository (he was able to find this at s very good price for us, thank goodness). This along with the estrogen patches did the trick! My lining was thicker than it's ever been! In March 2027, we did our FET. We transferred 2 embryos & both took. We are currently 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins! Dr. Moutos has released us but is still monitoring my estrogen & progesterone levels (I will continue estrogen patches & progesterone in oil injections until 12 weeks). We are beyond grateful for Dr Moutos & his staff!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby)
Debby and all the nursing staff were absolutely wonderful! They listened to my concerns, helped me keep track of all my medications, & were compassionate towards my needs. They always returned my calls in a timely manner.
He told us the risks/benefits of both & ultimately left the decision up to us.
Little Rock
Wonderful wonderful doctor!! I would not see another doctor because he is the best. My experience was great and I’ve actually missed him since getting pregnant and having my two miracles.... I wanted to try IUI before IVF Dr.Batres wanted me to skip IUI but i didn’t listen to him so because of my decision i had to have surgery for endometriosis and two months of fertility drugs for two rounds of IUI AND two negitive pregnancy tests later we went on to IVF and 1st round I was pregnant with twin girls!!
The nurses [Arkansas Fertility Center] on the IVF side prepping you ect were wonderful but the ladies who took blood (regular ones you see) were awful.... Only weakness is the rude staff (the ones who work the desks ) And their phone system to do anything you have to leave a message and they have to return it to you. Or you email them on the portal - i understand they are busy but you want to feel like more than a number
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Sometimes he was hard to understand since he is from Guatemala. But overall he is a 10 in my book. Wonderful wonderful doctor!! I would not see another doctor because he is the best. My experience was great and I’ve actually missed him since getting pregnant and having my two miracles.
Bear with him and take his medical advice.
Such a wonderful man! Bed side manner was so wonderful but his staff on the other hand (desk staff) not so much.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Some were okay. Some were rude and I believe in this line of work dealing with hormonal women who struggle to get pregnant you should be extra kind. The nurses on the IVF side prepping you ect were wonderful but the ladies who took blood (regular ones you see) were awful.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I would say reasonable considering what i was going for there is no price to be put on a child.
He wasn’t pushy and I wanted to do multiple transfer and he was ok with my choice after 10 years of infertility i was happy to make that decision
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I didn’t get enough fertility shots ordered so i had to drive to the clinic (1 hour away) to borrow some from them. Very very stressful! But it all worked out thank God.
Little Rock

Dr Batres did change medication doses after our first failed attempt. He increased certain medications and made sure to keep an eye on developing follicles...Dr Batres always remembered our names and told us funny stories to keep our spirits up...He was just an overall very friendly person. He was a joy to be around during such a difficult time...I always felt like Dr Batres cared about us as a couple and wanted our treatments to be successful. When we finally got a positive pregnancy test (after one failed round of IVF) he gave us both a big hug and told us to bring him a baby to see.
I always enjoyed visiting with the nurses [at Arkansas Fertility Center]. They were very friendly and helpful!..The woman at the front desk could kind of seem rude some days, but some days she was friendly...Dr Batres did change medication doses after our first failed attempt. He increased certain medications and made sure to keep an eye on developing follicles...Our insurance covered 80% of our treatments (excluding medications) We ended up spending about $5,000
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
His accent is a little bit hard to understand so it made it easier (for me) to watch his lips moving
Dr Batres always remembered our names and told us funny stories to keep our spirits up. Someone had catered for the clinic and my husband could smell BBQ and Dr Batres went to the staff lounge and made my husband a plate of food! Then (as we were leaving the clinic) Dr Batres called my cell phone to remind my husband that now he had to take me anywhere I wanted to eat for lunch! He was just an overall very friendly person. He was a joy to be around during such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I always enjoyed visiting with the nurses. They were very friendly and helpful!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
During the first round of IVF, Dr Batres suggested transferring 1 embryo, but he said he would support us if we chose to transfer 2. We chose to go with 2. After that round failed, the next round he did suggest trying 2 embryos again, and both of them took. However, early on one of the embryos stopped growing and eventually disappeared on ultrasounds.
Little Rock
[Dr. Francisco Batres] is clearly passionate about getting results and doing well at his job. He is brilliant as a doctor. You just have to be willing to overlook his communication skills...If warm and fuzzy bedside manor is your needs as a pateint, he may not be for you...I communicated that I didn’t want Clomid and he gave me an alternative with lower risk of multiples and less harsh side effects.
The nurses [at Arkansas Fertility Center] were wonderful. The front desk leaves something to be desired with their poor attitudes, but nurses were great!...I had to call sometimes to get lab results but they also have them available online so you don’t have to wait to hear from a nurse...The doctors are skilled, the nurses are sweet and attentive, lab techs are great and very fast, the only issues I could see someone having are with possible personality quirks of Dr. Batres himself, although he is an extremely good doctor, and the front desk staff are honestly pretty rude. Which can be difficult to deal with when you’re facing fertility issues. But it was worth overlooking that for me to have a doctor as skilled as Dr. Batres
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you can see past his quirks and recognize that he is an excellent doctor who is passionate about helping people start a family, you will love him. He knows what he’s doing 100%. He helped us get our baby. If warm and fuzzy bedside manor is your needs as a pateint, he may not be for you.
Trust him and let him know your preferences. He is different but his plans are solid and successful. I communicated that I didn’t want Clomid and he gave me an alternative with lower risk of multiples and less harsh side effects.
His personality is not as some may expect, he is not from America and has some social quirks but is clearly passionate about getting results and doing well at his job. He is brilliant as a doctor. You just have to be willing to overlook his communication skills
Dr. Batres placed me on a medication to start my cycle, did ultrasound and labs to evaluate ovulation and follicles, placed me on Letrozole, and then once I was ovulating he instructed us to have intercourse every other day. This protocol worked within 2 months.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The nurses here were wonderful. The front desk leaves something to be desired with their poor attitudes, but nurses were great!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I do not recall. It was very expensive and we continued to pay on these bills up until these last couple months (our son is almost 2) but it was worth it.
2014, Successful
Dr. Batres is from another country (guatemala I believe) so the biggest drawback is that his accent is a bit heavy, but he overcomes that easily by explaining everything in detail and drawing diagrams to help you understand. He doesn't mind repeating things and doesn't get offended by this. He is very cheerful but also honest and won't sugar coat the truth. I had a wonderful experience with him and after three years of trying I got pregnant within four months of his care...
The IUI package cost [atAR Fert and Gyn] was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of...
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient-sometimes you'll have to see Dr. Moutos and he is just not full of good bedside manner, but Dr. Batres is great.
Dr. Batres was very kind and always called me himself after the clinic had closed, rather than pass that job off to a nurse.
First we started doing Letrozole with IUI and that did not result in a pregnancy. The next cycle we tried doing letrozole again because I had at least ovulated on it before (and before seeing dr. batres I had done many letrozole and clomid cycles that most of the time at least led to ovulation) but that failed to produce an egg, so that cycle failed and did not proceed. After that we moved to Gonal-F with a trigger shot and an IUI, which resulted in my pregnancy. We had to adjust the dose of Gonal-F as we went and it was a late ovulation, but it worked!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
One of the nurses, frankly, was not friendly. I don't remember her name but she had her own office and was in charge of educating on injectables. The other nurses were very nice, if a little quiet at times.
I
The IUI package cost was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of.
2012 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Moutos is a numbers guy. He give you the exact stats and figures he expects from all procedure. I liked that. He's not quite as warm and comforting as Dr. Batres but I was ok with that. He will give you all the time you need in your appointments and answer all your questions. I never felt rushed.
I felt like a number [at Arkansas Fertility Center] *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I felt like a number *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center.
She was a no-nonsense kind of woman and came off kind of harsh but you could tell she cared. She heard we were successful and it was twins and even stopped us in the hallway to congratulate us.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Weakness: communication before you are an IVF patient. Even the billing dept was hard to contact. It took a day or two or more to ever hear back from a nurse. That was frustrating in time sensitive cycling situations. Strengths: once I was IVF, I was handled with care and attention and compassion. Dr. Moutos spent extra time with me after I developed OHSS and even monitored me until 10 weeks pregnant with bi-weekly ultrasounds and scans. I was sad to graduate to an OB!
Insurance covered nothing before IVF. Each IUI cycle cost around $2000. We spent about $10,000 before we got to IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
There was a time when I had an ultrasound scheduled and they didn't have record of it. They saw me anyway but I had to wait hours to get it. There was another time where I had an HSG scheduled and Dr. Batres was over an hour late arriving to the hospital. He's been in clinic. I understood because I knew another patient needed him more than I did at the time but it is one of the negative aspects of there only being 2 REs in the entire clinic.
Little Rock

Dr. Moutos treated me with kindness and professionalism at each appointment. He was thorough and clear while also remaining compassionate...was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor [at Arkansas Fertility Center] to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
Be prepared to take on the costs of the treatment but nothing in life will be more worth it than your child.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
Wonderful!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic was wonderful! The facilities were clean and efficient and the staff were kind and easy to deal with the administrative side as well. Wait times would sometimes be long but they kept me comfortable and informed.
After insurance our costs were around $2000 for medications and testing
Little Rock
He [Dr. Moutos] was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.... He was very hands on and told us exactly what to expect. I never left his clinic confused or not knowing what was next. No matter what he always had another plan to fall back on. He was always so gental and made me feel heard. I’ve never been to a clinic like this.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic [Arkansas Fertility Ctr]. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.... The nursing staff was wonderful. They never made me feel awkward or uneasy. They were always so kind and called and reminded me of my appointments and if I needed to reschedule they were so very helpful.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I would say for them to be prepared for a lot of paper work but know it is 100% worth it. He’s amazing and I have faith with him that we will get pregnant.
He was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.
My insurance has not paid for anything. Out of pocket I’ve spent over 1100 just the first visit and the initial testing.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Moutos was great! His bedside manner was superb...He’s very knowledgeable & provides the best solutions regarding next steps to take...He made me feel confident & secure on my journey to bear a child. The other doctors I’ve visited wasn’t as detailed nor provided the best solutions possible for us...He performed a procedure that will allow me to conceive easily the next time around...
Professional, clean, top of the line. I was comfortable at the facility [Arkansas Fertility Center]. Everyone is extremely helpful & knowledgeable in their craft. I would recommend this place to anyone. They always responded in a timely manner & provided accurate feedback...[nursing staff is] Professional, concerned, caring, & accommodating...eSET based on my age. It’s safer for me & reduce risks due to my already present health issues...
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Awesome, professional, God sent! He’s very knowledgeable & provides the best solutions regarding next steps to take. I’m honored that he was my doctor and look forward to the next cycle. He made me feel confident & secure on my journey to bear a child. The other doctors I’ve visited wasn’t as detailed nor provided the best solutions possible for us.
Listen & be optimistic.
Dr. Moutos was great! His bedside manner was superb. He’s motivated me to keep trying & he’s a pioneer in this field.
I just remember the recommendation that he provided in order to get healthy to be ready to conceive the best time around. He performed a procedure that will allow me to conceive easily the next time around.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Professional, concerned, caring, & accommodating.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Professional, clean, top of the line. I was comfortable at the facility. Everyone is extremely helpful & knowledgeable in their craft. I would recommend this place to anyone. They always responded in a timely manner & provided accurate feedback.
My insurance covered everything.
Little Rock
Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit. But I always got the vibe that he was already on to the next patient in his mind. Very busy man!...My first IVF cycle was cancelled because I did not respond to the meds properly. I had one follicle jump out and grow very quickly and the rest did not catch up. For my second IVF cycle Dr M changed my meds and I responded much better!
At the beginning I felt like a number but towards the end when they started knowing a face to the name I felt like more than a number to them....My main concern was answering phone messages. They [AR Ferti and Gyn] did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly....The front office staff is very cold....The nurse are great!...Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Just know that it takes a awhile for him to warm up to you. He won't focus on you and your name/face until you have been there SEVERAL times.
My main concern was answering phone messages. They did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front office staff is very cold. They are not overly frequently until they know you, once you have started coming more regularly. The nurse are great!
We had a family pay so I'm not sure on cost.
They suggestions with my age to transfer at least two but could go up to three embryos. Our choice.

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Batres] was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!...I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI...The doctors and nurses [at AR Fert and Gyn] were great,...Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic [AR Fert and Gyn]. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point....[Nursing Staff] They were very kind and empathetic towards me and my husband. They always were friendly and supportive.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!
Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI and even let us see he sperm under the microscope!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point.
The IUI procedure was around $500. The additional medications and ultrasounds added up to around $600+. The whole IUI wound up costing over $1000

Investment Banker
Dr. Batres treated me very well. Instead of going over results and being done, he met with me in his office, turned his screen around, and detailed every result and step we were going to take. ... Dr. Batres is a kind, quirky, and compassionate doctor. You can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does and cares that the patient is well-informed. I would recommend him to anyone, and I'm thankful and blessed that I found him!
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend. ... The nurses are great to respond on the website portal, but usually take a little bit to call back. ... $395 for an IUI with no washing, $495 w/washing, $395 for ultrasounds and bloodwork per cycle
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you're expecting an answer, I can assure you that Dr. Batres will find one! If youre expecting results, I know Dr. Batres will do everything in his power to make it happen.
I am still currently using Dr. Batres. Our last cycle consisted of Progesterone 200 mg for 10 days, Clomid 50mg from days 3-7, and an IUI with donor sperm. No results yet. We're still waiting for the IUI
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend.
Little Rock
Dr.Batres and Dr. Moutus were both great! I saw a dr at every visit which was comforting. They always explained what we were doing and why. I feel Dr Batres is very thorough throughout the whole treatment process. We were lucky to get pregnant on our 2nd IUI, but our son was stillborn at 20 weeks for unknown reasons..... Clomid, trigger shot based on LH level not rising, IUI with pregnancy resulting on 2nd round.
Wait times [at AR Fertility and Gynecology] can be long due to the nature of it being a fertility clinic, but you see a physician every visit, they are very thorough with labs and ultrasounds and explaining. They are open seven days a week for Procedures except on major road holidays... Clomid, trigger shot based on LH level not rising, IUI with pregnancy resulting on 2nd round.... Dr.Batres and Dr. Moutus were both great! I saw a dr at every visit which was comforting. They always explained what we were doing and why. I feel Dr Batres is very thorough throughout the whole treatment process. We were lucky to get pregnant on our 2nd IUI, but our son was stillborn at 20 weeks for unknown reasons.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask questions and understand the process.
Dr.Bratres was great about explaining everything. I saw him or Dr Moutus each visit.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Wait times can be long due to the nature of it being a fertility clinic, but you see a physician every visit, they are very thorough with labs and ultrasounds and explaining. They are open seven days a week for Procedures except on major road holidays
2016, Unknown Success
All the staff [at Arkansas Fertility Center- Little Rock] is very friendly and helpful. The only thing i wish i could change or that would be different is that you did not have to pay any fees upfront, it makes it hard to pay all of the money all at once.... Dr. Moutos has always been very sensitive to my fertility needs. He does his best to explain what would need to happen next to be able to help me carry a baby or be able to get pregnant. He has always explained everything in ways i can understand and told me in detail what is wrong with my body and my female organs, and why I can not get pregnant the normal way. He is an all around great doctor.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only thing i wish i could change or that would be different is that you did not have to pay any fees upfront, it makes it hard to pay all of the money all at once.