7.3

9101 Kanis Road
Little Rock, AR 72205
501-801-1200

Treated 2014
Dr. Batres is from another country (guatemala I believe) so the biggest drawback is that his accent is a bit heavy, but he overcomes that easily by explaining everything in detail and drawing diagrams to help you understand. He doesn't mind repeating things and doesn't get offended by this. He is very cheerful but also honest and won't sugar coat the truth. I had a wonderful experience with him and after three years of trying I got pregnant within four months of his care...
The IUI package cost [atAR Fert and Gyn] was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of...
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient-sometimes you'll have to see Dr. Moutos and he is just not full of good bedside manner, but Dr. Batres is great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Batres was very kind and always called me himself after the clinic had closed, rather than pass that job off to a nurse.
Describe the protocols Francisco Batres used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
First we started doing Letrozole with IUI and that did not result in a pregnancy. The next cycle we tried doing letrozole again because I had at least ovulated on it before (and before seeing dr. batres I had done many letrozole and clomid cycles that most of the time at least led to ovulation) but that failed to produce an egg, so that cycle failed and did not proceed. After that we moved to Gonal-F with a trigger shot and an IUI, which resulted in my pregnancy. We had to adjust the dose of Gonal-F as we went and it was a late ovulation, but it worked!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
One of the nurses, frankly, was not friendly. I don't remember her name but she had her own office and was in charge of educating on injectables. The other nurses were very nice, if a little quiet at times.
I
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The IUI package cost was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of.
Treated 2012 - 2013
Dr. Moutos is a numbers guy. He give you the exact stats and figures he expects from all procedure. I liked that. He's not quite as warm and comforting as Dr. Batres but I was ok with that. He will give you all the time you need in your appointments and answer all your questions. I never felt rushed.
I felt like a number [at Arkansas Fertility Center] *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I felt like a number *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center.
She was a no-nonsense kind of woman and came off kind of harsh but you could tell she cared. She heard we were successful and it was twins and even stopped us in the hallway to congratulate us.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Weakness: communication before you are an IVF patient. Even the billing dept was hard to contact. It took a day or two or more to ever hear back from a nurse. That was frustrating in time sensitive cycling situations. Strengths: once I was IVF, I was handled with care and attention and compassion. Dr. Moutos spent extra time with me after I developed OHSS and even monitored me until 10 weeks pregnant with bi-weekly ultrasounds and scans. I was sad to graduate to an OB!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Insurance covered nothing before IVF. Each IUI cycle cost around $2000. We spent about $10,000 before we got to IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
There was a time when I had an ultrasound scheduled and they didn't have record of it. They saw me anyway but I had to wait hours to get it. There was another time where I had an HSG scheduled and Dr. Batres was over an hour late arriving to the hospital. He's been in clinic. I understood because I knew another patient needed him more than I did at the time but it is one of the negative aspects of there only being 2 REs in the entire clinic.
Little Rock
Dr. Moutos treated me with kindness and professionalism at each appointment. He was thorough and clear while also remaining compassionate...was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor [at Arkansas Fertility Center] to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be prepared to take on the costs of the treatment but nothing in life will be more worth it than your child.
Describe the protocols Dean Moutos used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
Wonderful!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic was wonderful! The facilities were clean and efficient and the staff were kind and easy to deal with the administrative side as well. Wait times would sometimes be long but they kept me comfortable and informed.
After insurance our costs were around $2000 for medications and testing
Treated 2013 - 2014
I feel like in a sense he [Dr. Dean Moutos] cared, but he didn't run enough diagnostics to see what was wrong. He did a Hysterosalpingogram - HSG, but didn't do a Laparoscopy to see if I have endometriosis. My OB/GYN will be testing me next month to see. I feel like he could have done more...It was around 1500-1800. We were told my insurance would cover some of my husband's test, but they didn't. We received a bill for more than 800. Then about $800 for the IUI and injectable hormone to cause me to release an egg that I didn't need.
Learn the ins and outs of what your insurance will pay and not pay. I was not told that after my IUI, I could no longer have tests run unless I wanted to pay for them out of pocket. The doctors office [Arkansas Fertility Center] should have told me prior to my IUI...It was around 1500-1800. We were told my insurance would cover some of my husband's test, but they didn't. We received a bill for more than 800. Then about $800 for the IUI and injectable hormone to cause me to release an egg that I didn't need.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I explained this in a previous comment section. I guess I jumped the gun. I do feel like he could have done more to see what was wrong. I was not told that Batres would do my IUI. I was expecting to see Moutos.
To make sure you have all the tests you want run told to him, otherwise he will jump right into doing an IUI without running all the tests.
I feel like in a sense he cared, but he didn't run enough diagnostics to see what was wrong. He did a Hysterosalpingogram - HSG, but didn't do a Laparoscopy to see if I have endometriosis. My OB/GYN will be testing me next month to see. I feel like he could have done more.
He ran blood tests on me and my husband. A sperm analysis on my husband and performed a HSG on me. He then prescribed me clomid. Told me to come back when I was ovulating. I never saw or was able to speak to him again.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Learn the ins and outs of what your insurance will pay and not pay. I was not told that after my IUI, I could no longer have tests run unless I wanted to pay for them out of pocket. The doctors office should have told me prior to my IUI.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The insurance info I provided in the last paragraph as well not informing me the hormone medicine I received after the IUI would cause my period to be late.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Moutos] was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.... He was very hands on and told us exactly what to expect. I never left his clinic confused or not knowing what was next. No matter what he always had another plan to fall back on. He was always so gental and made me feel heard. I’ve never been to a clinic like this.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic [Arkansas Fertility Ctr]. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.... The nursing staff was wonderful. They never made me feel awkward or uneasy. They were always so kind and called and reminded me of my appointments and if I needed to reschedule they were so very helpful.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I would say for them to be prepared for a lot of paper work but know it is 100% worth it. He’s amazing and I have faith with him that we will get pregnant.
He was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.
My insurance has not paid for anything. Out of pocket I’ve spent over 1100 just the first visit and the initial testing.
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr batres always takes time to explain things in great detail. He is aggressive with his plans as long as you are comfortable every step of the way.... Dr batres is a caring dr. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field. I trust him to do what is best for me and my family. I know he has my best interest at heart. He is sure to taste time to meet with you after each appt.... Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
The front desk attendant [Arkansas Fertility Center] is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.... The nursing staff is very busy and attempts to return calls but does not always get around to it.... The treatments are very expensive as they are at most places. Labs and ultrasound are also very pricey. I’ve had one mistake made in the billing department.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk attendant is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I had go set up automatic refills through my pharmacy so they would have to track down the clinic to get prescriptions refills.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit. But I always got the vibe that he was already on to the next patient in his mind. Very busy man!...My first IVF cycle was cancelled because I did not respond to the meds properly. I had one follicle jump out and grow very quickly and the rest did not catch up. For my second IVF cycle Dr M changed my meds and I responded much better!
At the beginning I felt like a number but towards the end when they started knowing a face to the name I felt like more than a number to them....My main concern was answering phone messages. They [AR Ferti and Gyn] did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly....The front office staff is very cold....The nurse are great!...Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Just know that it takes a awhile for him to warm up to you. He won't focus on you and your name/face until you have been there SEVERAL times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby)
My main concern was answering phone messages. They did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front office staff is very cold. They are not overly frequently until they know you, once you have started coming more regularly. The nurse are great!
We had a family pay so I'm not sure on cost.
Describe Dean Moutos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
They suggestions with my age to transfer at least two but could go up to three embryos. Our choice.
Treated 2014 - 2015
He [Dr. Batres] was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!...I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI...The doctors and nurses [at AR Fert and Gyn] were great,...Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic [AR Fert and Gyn]. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point....[Nursing Staff] They were very kind and empathetic towards me and my husband. They always were friendly and supportive.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!
Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI and even let us see he sperm under the microscope!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point.
The IUI procedure was around $500. The additional medications and ultrasounds added up to around $600+. The whole IUI wound up costing over $1000
Treated 2012 - 2015
Very intelligent in his [Dr. Dean Moutos] field but understaffed and no bedside manner at all. Very harsh and lacks compassion. Hard to get in touch with at the clinic and communication is extremely difficult. He is good at what he does but his clinic needs more doctors and a more patient-centered practice.... njections to prepare for egg retrieval after surgery to remove a uterine septum. Used icsi to fertilize eggs. Transferred three embryos. Excuse quality wasn't good. Had a 3 day transfer because of the low number of embryos to pick from. First cycle failed and second cycle was exactly the same with no fertilized eggs. So we transferred donated embryos.
Overworked and understaffed [at Arkansas Fertility and Gyncology] . Communication is terrinke... Injections to prepare for egg retrieval after surgery to remove a uterine septum. Used icsi to fertilize eggs. Transferred three embryos. Excuse quality wasn't good. Had a 3 day transfer because of the low number of embryos to pick from. First cycle failed and second cycle was exactly the same with no fertilized eggs. So we transferred donated embryos.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Very intelligent in his field but understaffed and no bedside manner at all. Very harsh and lacks compassion. Hard to get in touch with at the clinic and communication is extremely difficult. He is good at what he does but his clinic needs more doctors and a more patient-centered practice.
The clinic is understaffed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Humphries )
Sarah was kind but overworked
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Overworked and understaffed. Communication is terrinke
$7000 to the clinic plus meds
The clinic usually transfers two but did three for us because of lack of quality.
Treated 2016
He [Dr. Dean Moutos] met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps.... He is nice, but he doesn't seem to spend much time with the patients.
When you call [Arkansas Fertility Center], there is no one you can personally talk to. You have to leave a message to talk to anyone.... They [the nursing staff at AK Fertility Center] were nice, but not overly friendly.... He [Dr. Dean Moutos] met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps.
He is nice, but he doesn't seem to spend much time with the patients.
He spent little time with me. I saw the other doctor more than him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
They were nice, but not overly friendly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
When you call, there is no one you can personally talk to. You have to leave a message to talk to anyone.
Ultrasound $350 IUI-$400+
Treated 2016 - 2017
Be patient, he [Dr. Francisco Batres] is always running behind. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining...Dr Batres is very thourough and takes his time with each patient. He makes time to answer all your questions until you understand...He is very compassionate and nice man. He is difficult to understand at times but does his best to make sure you understand before you leave, even draws pictures and diagrams. He gave me his personal cell number and called and checked on my after IVF procedure
Be patient, he [Dr. Francisco Batres] is always running behind [at Arkansas Fertility Center]. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining...Dr Batres is very thourough and takes his time with each patient. He makes time to answer all your questions until you understand...He is very compassionate and nice man. He is difficult to understand at times but does his best to make sure you understand before you leave, even draws pictures and diagrams. He gave me his personal cell number and called and checked on my after IVF procedure
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient, he is always running behind. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining
Treated 2017 - 2018
I felt like Dr. Moutos had a poor bedside manner with little personality and felt like I was talked down to when I could not tolerate certain fertility drugs...I was put on estrogen and progesterone to prepare my body for implantation. When the first embryo did not take, they put me on Lupron, which I reacted terribly to...attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms.
I was misinformed [by the staff at Arkansas Fertility Center] as to when to start my progesterone shots. Secondly, I was made to feel like it was our fault. I was also treated like it was my fault that I could not tolerate Lupron. Their attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms...We were never greeted with a smile. I felt like I was just a number and that payment was the only important thing to them. It was extremely difficult to reach them by phone or return calls. Honestly, I can't think of any positives except that the office building appeared neat and clean.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I felt like Dr. Moutos had a poor bedside manner with little personality and felt like I was talked down to when I could not tolerate certain fertility drugs. I also was passed off to Dr. Batres at times, who frankly, was creepy has he had a nervous laugh whenever telling me that the lining of my uterus was not thick enough for implantation. This is not how I want to be told.
Leave and go to another clinic.
Every time I came into the clinic they seemed more interested in receiving full payment than if I got pregnant. They also treated me like it was my fault that I could not get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The nurse gave me the wrong information on when to start progesterone shots, which made the implantation fail. The doctors and staff covered themselves when we told them this my changing it in their notes. The nurse was blunt and uncaring.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I am not sure as my insurance paid for a lot of the transfer and my embryos were created at a different clinic. I did pay $600 to transfer my embryos elsewhere and had over $1000 that was out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
First of all, I was misinformed as to when to start my progesterone shots. Secondly, I was made to feel like it was our fault. I was also treated like it was my fault that I could not tolerate Lupron. Their attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms.
Investment Banker
Dr. Batres treated me very well. Instead of going over results and being done, he met with me in his office, turned his screen around, and detailed every result and step we were going to take. ... Dr. Batres is a kind, quirky, and compassionate doctor. You can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does and cares that the patient is well-informed. I would recommend him to anyone, and I'm thankful and blessed that I found him!
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend. ... The nurses are great to respond on the website portal, but usually take a little bit to call back. ... $395 for an IUI with no washing, $495 w/washing, $395 for ultrasounds and bloodwork per cycle
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you're expecting an answer, I can assure you that Dr. Batres will find one! If youre expecting results, I know Dr. Batres will do everything in his power to make it happen.
I am still currently using Dr. Batres. Our last cycle consisted of Progesterone 200 mg for 10 days, Clomid 50mg from days 3-7, and an IUI with donor sperm. No results yet. We're still waiting for the IUI
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend.
Describe Francisco Batres's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Little Rock
Dr. Moutos checked every possible health problem after my OBGYN noticed Clomid wasn't working for me. After tests and exams he determined to put me on another pill which worked. Great doctor and very knowledgeable.... The only dosage that has made me ovulate is Letrolze 100mg. Along with ultrasounds to check my progress and a shot to help jump start ovulation.... He seems like he is there to do his job to get me pregnant
[Arkansas Fertility Center is a] Great place I would recommend them to anyone struggling to have a child on their own. Very caring and passionate atmosphere for emotional women. Even though the money is a struggle, they do know what they are doing.... [the nursing staff are] Amazing women!!... The only dosage that has made me ovulate is Letrolze 100mg. Along with ultrasounds to check my progress and a shot to help jump start ovulation.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Make sure he is your last option because every cost will add up.
He seems like he is there to do his job to get me pregnant
Amazing women!!
About $2,000
I really liked how Dr. Moutos helped educate me on the whole process.
Treated 2017
Dr.Batres and Dr. Moutus were both great! I saw a dr at every visit which was comforting. They always explained what we were doing and why. I feel Dr Batres is very thorough throughout the whole treatment process. We were lucky to get pregnant on our 2nd IUI, but our son was stillborn at 20 weeks for unknown reasons..... Clomid, trigger shot based on LH level not rising, IUI with pregnancy resulting on 2nd round.
Wait times [at AR Fertility and Gynecology] can be long due to the nature of it being a fertility clinic, but you see a physician every visit, they are very thorough with labs and ultrasounds and explaining. They are open seven days a week for Procedures except on major road holidays... Clomid, trigger shot based on LH level not rising, IUI with pregnancy resulting on 2nd round.... Dr.Batres and Dr. Moutus were both great! I saw a dr at every visit which was comforting. They always explained what we were doing and why. I feel Dr Batres is very thorough throughout the whole treatment process. We were lucky to get pregnant on our 2nd IUI, but our son was stillborn at 20 weeks for unknown reasons.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask questions and understand the process.
Dr.Bratres was great about explaining everything. I saw him or Dr Moutus each visit.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Wait times can be long due to the nature of it being a fertility clinic, but you see a physician every visit, they are very thorough with labs and ultrasounds and explaining. They are open seven days a week for Procedures except on major road holidays
Treated 2016
All the staff [at Arkansas Fertility Center- Little Rock] is very friendly and helpful. The only thing i wish i could change or that would be different is that you did not have to pay any fees upfront, it makes it hard to pay all of the money all at once.... Dr. Moutos has always been very sensitive to my fertility needs. He does his best to explain what would need to happen next to be able to help me carry a baby or be able to get pregnant. He has always explained everything in ways i can understand and told me in detail what is wrong with my body and my female organs, and why I can not get pregnant the normal way. He is an all around great doctor.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only thing i wish i could change or that would be different is that you did not have to pay any fees upfront, it makes it hard to pay all of the money all at once.