6.5

9101 Kanis Road
Little Rock, AR 72205
501-801-1200

2011 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Moutos] performed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy on me and did not explain the results to me or my husband well after the surgery on the day of the surgery so I had questions during the post-op check up. He told me that he would never answer questions like the ones I had so I checked with some physicians I know to see if my questions were out of line, they said the questions were totally appropriate.
I guess the customer service team [at Arkansas Fertility Center] (receptionist, check-out, etc.) were fine, but when I needed the billing department to take care of something or explain something the wrong information was provided to me, they billed me incorrectly and sporadically and I would get late notices before I got the first bill, etc. When it came to getting my records sent to a new clinic they never did it. Ultimately I picked up my own records and gave them to the new clinic myself.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos was brash and difficult. He is known to not have a good bedside manner but for a while that seemed ok until it was clear he was not explaining the process to us completely at each step. He initially told us that I could start medication whenever I wanted, but when we came in to start medication he said we should do a test and then we could start medication. We did that test, came back, and it had not been made clear to us that the test results may result in surgery. So I had surgery and were told after that we could start medication as soon as we wanted. We came back after surgery and were told that while the surgery went fine that we would need to wait two months and that was always the case, no one could start without a two month wait. He also talked me into a laparoscopy that I did not necessarily need. He claimed that insurance would not pay for the procedure if we found I needed it later in treatment and while he was nearly certain there was nothing to find it made sense to cut now and know for sure. It was a shock when he said very nonchalantly that he found stage 2 endometriosis "all over the place" (he never specified what that meant) and seemed to be irritated by my shock and dismay. After going into treatment with a different doctor at a different clinic later I asked her if it was a concern and she said no, and that she was surprised I had a laparoscopy in the first place given my history and records from Dr. Moutos's office (which were entirely complete). I also had a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) prescribed by Dr. Motous but performed by his partner Dr. Batres. I was not told that Dr. Motous would not be performing the procedure and was not given an option on what day to do the procedure. After that procedure I developed mild chronic uterine pain and GI issues that Dr. Motous discounted. I was not given antibiotics after the HSG or the surgery by Dr. Motous. I ovulated spontaneously and became pregnant 2 months after the surgery and subsequently miscarried. The chronic pain and GI issues never abated but they were the least of my worries at that point. During a second hysteroscopy by a different physician/clinic 6 months later it was discovered that I had endometritis, which is common after having a uterine procedure or surgery without prophylactic antibiotics. Some of the symptoms are mild chronic uterine pain and GI issues. Endometritis is also a cause for miscarriages. Ultimately I left Dr. Motous because I felt bullied generally, pushed into surgery I did not need, and that he was irritated and appalled when I asked questions. I know many women have given him good reviews elsewhere but those women have also gotten pregnant and had children while being treated by him. I try to be objective and avoid bias in my reviews of him as a result, but ultimately it comes back to the fact that I felt bullied and he was mean to me. Given how hard fertility treatments are to begin with to have your physician be mean to you is the exact opposite of how any woman and couple should be treated. Kid gloves aren't always necessary or appropriate but being a decent human being and nice to your patient is necessary.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you are going to see him, don't let him bully you into anything and don't expect him to know who you are, what your history is, or your name. And don't bother asking questions, it just pisses him off.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
It was rare that I saw him and he seemed to know any of my history, despite seeing him fairly regularly as one does during treatment. He performed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy on me and did not explain the results to me or my husband well after the surgery on the day of the surgery so I had questions during the post-op check up. He told me that he would never answer questions like the ones I had so I checked with some physicians I know to see if my questions were out of line, they said the questions were totally appropriate. Dr. Motous raised his voice to me during the post-op check up and told me to leave. When I went back two weeks later to start treatment he didn't remember my name or that he had performed surgery on me.
Describe the protocols Dean Moutos used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
HSG to find out if tubes were blocked, then hysteroscopy to examine uterine obstruction (determined to be large polyp) and laparoscopy to determine if there was endometriosis, then Clomid. It was never clear how much monitoring/how many ultrasounds I would receive while on Clomid to make sure that I wasn't at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) and OHSS was never mentioned as a risk of Clomid despite it being a high likelihood given my medical history. Ultimately I left his practice before treatment started because I felt bullied and worried that his treatment protocol would not be individualized to me or necessarily safe.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
They were nice enough, all seemed fresh out of nursing school, many were not RNs but were either LPNs or aides with some medical training. It was clear they were not the ones to answer questions and none of them seemed particularly fond of Dr. Motous.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
It was clean, pleasant looking, well-organized. I never waited less than 75 minutes in the waiting room and never less than 30 minutes in an exam room. The billing department was knowledgeable but completely disorganized. They seemed offended when I wanted a copy of my records and tried to discourage me from getting them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I paid up front for the HSG and surgery without knowing at the time that it is a practice that is discouraged by insurance companies because negotiated rates change the billing amount so the patient is expected to pay a co-pay up front and then whatever is owed after the negotiated rate on the back end. At Dr. Moutos clinic it is a flat fee up front and then they will ask you for more money if it is owed. Ultimately, they owed me money and it was incredibly difficult getting a refund from them. I was also never told that I would owe money for any appointments beyond the co-pay for a specialist before I started treatment. I only found out when I received a late notice without having received an original invoice. When I questioned it and asked them to submit it to insurance anyway they stated they had told me about it, given me a rate sheet (I never saw one and I'm completely OCD about keeping things like that for budgeting), and insurance would not pay for it. I submitted it to insurance myself and insurance paid for it because it was considered diagnostic and not treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I guess the customer service team (receptionist, check-out, etc.) were fine, but when I needed the billing department to take care of something or explain something the wrong information was provided to me, they billed me incorrectly and sporadically and I would get late notices before I got the first bill, etc. When it came to getting my records sent to a new clinic they never did it. Ultimately I picked up my own records and gave them to the new clinic myself.
2014, Successful
Dr. Batres is from another country (guatemala I believe) so the biggest drawback is that his accent is a bit heavy, but he overcomes that easily by explaining everything in detail and drawing diagrams to help you understand. He doesn't mind repeating things and doesn't get offended by this. He is very cheerful but also honest and won't sugar coat the truth. I had a wonderful experience with him and after three years of trying I got pregnant within four months of his care...
The IUI package cost [atAR Fert and Gyn] was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of...
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient-sometimes you'll have to see Dr. Moutos and he is just not full of good bedside manner, but Dr. Batres is great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Batres was very kind and always called me himself after the clinic had closed, rather than pass that job off to a nurse.
Describe the protocols Francisco Batres used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
First we started doing Letrozole with IUI and that did not result in a pregnancy. The next cycle we tried doing letrozole again because I had at least ovulated on it before (and before seeing dr. batres I had done many letrozole and clomid cycles that most of the time at least led to ovulation) but that failed to produce an egg, so that cycle failed and did not proceed. After that we moved to Gonal-F with a trigger shot and an IUI, which resulted in my pregnancy. We had to adjust the dose of Gonal-F as we went and it was a late ovulation, but it worked!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
One of the nurses, frankly, was not friendly. I don't remember her name but she had her own office and was in charge of educating on injectables. The other nurses were very nice, if a little quiet at times.
I
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The IUI package cost was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of.
2012 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Moutos is a numbers guy. He give you the exact stats and figures he expects from all procedure. I liked that. He's not quite as warm and comforting as Dr. Batres but I was ok with that. He will give you all the time you need in your appointments and answer all your questions. I never felt rushed.
I felt like a number [at Arkansas Fertility Center] *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I felt like a number *until* we decided to move to IVF. Before IVF, I had a hard time contacting anyone in the office. That includes nurses and billing dept. Once I was IVF, I had an IVF nurse with a direct number and never had an issue. They were patient and kind and caring and made sure all my needs were met.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center.
She was a no-nonsense kind of woman and came off kind of harsh but you could tell she cared. She heard we were successful and it was twins and even stopped us in the hallway to congratulate us.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Weakness: communication before you are an IVF patient. Even the billing dept was hard to contact. It took a day or two or more to ever hear back from a nurse. That was frustrating in time sensitive cycling situations. Strengths: once I was IVF, I was handled with care and attention and compassion. Dr. Moutos spent extra time with me after I developed OHSS and even monitored me until 10 weeks pregnant with bi-weekly ultrasounds and scans. I was sad to graduate to an OB!
Insurance covered nothing before IVF. Each IUI cycle cost around $2000. We spent about $10,000 before we got to IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
There was a time when I had an ultrasound scheduled and they didn't have record of it. They saw me anyway but I had to wait hours to get it. There was another time where I had an HSG scheduled and Dr. Batres was over an hour late arriving to the hospital. He's been in clinic. I understood because I knew another patient needed him more than I did at the time but it is one of the negative aspects of there only being 2 REs in the entire clinic.

Investor
Dr Batres is a great doctor. Gets to the point and doesn't sugar coat. Not a great communicator. Hard to understand. Have to ask a lot of clarifying questions. We had success with IVF through him so I am thankful to him...We really wanted to transfer two. However, I have high blood pressure and they very strongly advised us to only transfer one. My OBGYN agreed with this too. So we transferred one.
They [nurses] never really took the time to get to know you or have conversations with you. Literally walked you in and left. Observed and left. Felt like a number...[The Arkansas Fertility Center] Clinic is great in that they are very knowledgeable and skilled in their craft. They know the process and know what has to be done to get their patient a child. However, it is a cold clinic that doesn't make you feel warm and welcome.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Bring a notepad to take notes. Ask questions and slow him down when he speaks.
They were so busy bringing patients in and out. Never connected too personally.
We had unexplained infertility. We did four cycles of IUI. First with letrozole then clomid. Liked that we switched drugs during these so we could see if we got a different result. Went through IVF. Body responded great to the drugs. Retrieved 19 eggs. 12 fertilized and we transferred one based on their recommendation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
They never really took the time to get to know you or have conversations with you. Literally walked you in and left. Observed and left. Felt like a number.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Luckily we had great insurance where we had already met our deducible so we are 80/20.
Describe Francisco Batres's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Little Rock

Dr. Moutos treated me with kindness and professionalism at each appointment. He was thorough and clear while also remaining compassionate...was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor [at Arkansas Fertility Center] to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
Be prepared to take on the costs of the treatment but nothing in life will be more worth it than your child.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
Wonderful!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic was wonderful! The facilities were clean and efficient and the staff were kind and easy to deal with the administrative side as well. Wait times would sometimes be long but they kept me comfortable and informed.
After insurance our costs were around $2000 for medications and testing
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
I feel like in a sense he [Dr. Dean Moutos] cared, but he didn't run enough diagnostics to see what was wrong. He did a Hysterosalpingogram - HSG, but didn't do a Laparoscopy to see if I have endometriosis. My OB/GYN will be testing me next month to see. I feel like he could have done more...It was around 1500-1800. We were told my insurance would cover some of my husband's test, but they didn't. We received a bill for more than 800. Then about $800 for the IUI and injectable hormone to cause me to release an egg that I didn't need.
Learn the ins and outs of what your insurance will pay and not pay. I was not told that after my IUI, I could no longer have tests run unless I wanted to pay for them out of pocket. The doctors office [Arkansas Fertility Center] should have told me prior to my IUI...It was around 1500-1800. We were told my insurance would cover some of my husband's test, but they didn't. We received a bill for more than 800. Then about $800 for the IUI and injectable hormone to cause me to release an egg that I didn't need.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I explained this in a previous comment section. I guess I jumped the gun. I do feel like he could have done more to see what was wrong. I was not told that Batres would do my IUI. I was expecting to see Moutos.
To make sure you have all the tests you want run told to him, otherwise he will jump right into doing an IUI without running all the tests.
I feel like in a sense he cared, but he didn't run enough diagnostics to see what was wrong. He did a Hysterosalpingogram - HSG, but didn't do a Laparoscopy to see if I have endometriosis. My OB/GYN will be testing me next month to see. I feel like he could have done more.
He ran blood tests on me and my husband. A sperm analysis on my husband and performed a HSG on me. He then prescribed me clomid. Told me to come back when I was ovulating. I never saw or was able to speak to him again.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Learn the ins and outs of what your insurance will pay and not pay. I was not told that after my IUI, I could no longer have tests run unless I wanted to pay for them out of pocket. The doctors office should have told me prior to my IUI.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The insurance info I provided in the last paragraph as well not informing me the hormone medicine I received after the IUI would cause my period to be late.
2017 - 2019, Successful
4 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Moutos was great! His bedside manner was superb...He’s very knowledgeable & provides the best solutions regarding next steps to take...He made me feel confident & secure on my journey to bear a child. The other doctors I’ve visited wasn’t as detailed nor provided the best solutions possible for us...He performed a procedure that will allow me to conceive easily the next time around...
Professional, clean, top of the line. I was comfortable at the facility [Arkansas Fertility Center]. Everyone is extremely helpful & knowledgeable in their craft. I would recommend this place to anyone. They always responded in a timely manner & provided accurate feedback...[nursing staff is] Professional, concerned, caring, & accommodating...eSET based on my age. It’s safer for me & reduce risks due to my already present health issues...
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Awesome, professional, God sent! He’s very knowledgeable & provides the best solutions regarding next steps to take. I’m honored that he was my doctor and look forward to the next cycle. He made me feel confident & secure on my journey to bear a child. The other doctors I’ve visited wasn’t as detailed nor provided the best solutions possible for us.
Listen & be optimistic.
Dr. Moutos was great! His bedside manner was superb. He’s motivated me to keep trying & he’s a pioneer in this field.
I just remember the recommendation that he provided in order to get healthy to be ready to conceive the best time around. He performed a procedure that will allow me to conceive easily the next time around.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Professional, concerned, caring, & accommodating.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Professional, clean, top of the line. I was comfortable at the facility. Everyone is extremely helpful & knowledgeable in their craft. I would recommend this place to anyone. They always responded in a timely manner & provided accurate feedback.
My insurance covered everything.
Describe Dean Moutos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Little Rock
He [Dr. Moutos] was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.... He was very hands on and told us exactly what to expect. I never left his clinic confused or not knowing what was next. No matter what he always had another plan to fall back on. He was always so gental and made me feel heard. I’ve never been to a clinic like this.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic [Arkansas Fertility Ctr]. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.... The nursing staff was wonderful. They never made me feel awkward or uneasy. They were always so kind and called and reminded me of my appointments and if I needed to reschedule they were so very helpful.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I would say for them to be prepared for a lot of paper work but know it is 100% worth it. He’s amazing and I have faith with him that we will get pregnant.
He was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.
My insurance has not paid for anything. Out of pocket I’ve spent over 1100 just the first visit and the initial testing.
2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr batres always takes time to explain things in great detail. He is aggressive with his plans as long as you are comfortable every step of the way.... Dr batres is a caring dr. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field. I trust him to do what is best for me and my family. I know he has my best interest at heart. He is sure to taste time to meet with you after each appt.... Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
The front desk attendant [Arkansas Fertility Center] is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.... The nursing staff is very busy and attempts to return calls but does not always get around to it.... The treatments are very expensive as they are at most places. Labs and ultrasound are also very pricey. I’ve had one mistake made in the billing department.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk attendant is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I had go set up automatic refills through my pharmacy so they would have to track down the clinic to get prescriptions refills.
Little Rock
Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit. But I always got the vibe that he was already on to the next patient in his mind. Very busy man!...My first IVF cycle was cancelled because I did not respond to the meds properly. I had one follicle jump out and grow very quickly and the rest did not catch up. For my second IVF cycle Dr M changed my meds and I responded much better!
At the beginning I felt like a number but towards the end when they started knowing a face to the name I felt like more than a number to them....My main concern was answering phone messages. They [AR Ferti and Gyn] did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly....The front office staff is very cold....The nurse are great!...Dr Moutos was very friendly and tried very hard to focus on us and explaining the steps of infertility each visit.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Just know that it takes a awhile for him to warm up to you. He won't focus on you and your name/face until you have been there SEVERAL times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby)
My main concern was answering phone messages. They did very well answering emails on the portal but returning phone calls did not happen very quickly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front office staff is very cold. They are not overly frequently until they know you, once you have started coming more regularly. The nurse are great!
We had a family pay so I'm not sure on cost.
They suggestions with my age to transfer at least two but could go up to three embryos. Our choice.

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Batres] was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!...I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI...The doctors and nurses [at AR Fert and Gyn] were great,...Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic [AR Fert and Gyn]. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point....[Nursing Staff] They were very kind and empathetic towards me and my husband. They always were friendly and supportive.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!
Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI and even let us see he sperm under the microscope!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point.
The IUI procedure was around $500. The additional medications and ultrasounds added up to around $600+. The whole IUI wound up costing over $1000

2012 - 2015, Successful
Very intelligent in his [Dr. Dean Moutos] field but understaffed and no bedside manner at all. Very harsh and lacks compassion. Hard to get in touch with at the clinic and communication is extremely difficult. He is good at what he does but his clinic needs more doctors and a more patient-centered practice.... njections to prepare for egg retrieval after surgery to remove a uterine septum. Used icsi to fertilize eggs. Transferred three embryos. Excuse quality wasn't good. Had a 3 day transfer because of the low number of embryos to pick from. First cycle failed and second cycle was exactly the same with no fertilized eggs. So we transferred donated embryos.
Overworked and understaffed [at Arkansas Fertility and Gyncology] . Communication is terrinke... Injections to prepare for egg retrieval after surgery to remove a uterine septum. Used icsi to fertilize eggs. Transferred three embryos. Excuse quality wasn't good. Had a 3 day transfer because of the low number of embryos to pick from. First cycle failed and second cycle was exactly the same with no fertilized eggs. So we transferred donated embryos.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Very intelligent in his field but understaffed and no bedside manner at all. Very harsh and lacks compassion. Hard to get in touch with at the clinic and communication is extremely difficult. He is good at what he does but his clinic needs more doctors and a more patient-centered practice.
The clinic is understaffed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Humphries )
Sarah was kind but overworked
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Overworked and understaffed. Communication is terrinke
$7000 to the clinic plus meds
The clinic usually transfers two but did three for us because of lack of quality.
Little Rock
He [Dr. Dean Moutos] met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps.... He is nice, but he doesn't seem to spend much time with the patients.
When you call [Arkansas Fertility Center], there is no one you can personally talk to. You have to leave a message to talk to anyone.... They [the nursing staff at AK Fertility Center] were nice, but not overly friendly.... He [Dr. Dean Moutos] met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He met with me initially twice and then the next time I saw him was when he did the IUI treatment. In between, I saw the other doctor. The other doctor did my ultrasound exams and discussion over treatments and next steps.
He is nice, but he doesn't seem to spend much time with the patients.
He spent little time with me. I saw the other doctor more than him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
They were nice, but not overly friendly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
When you call, there is no one you can personally talk to. You have to leave a message to talk to anyone.
Ultrasound $350 IUI-$400+
Little Rock
Be patient, he [Dr. Francisco Batres] is always running behind. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining...Dr Batres is very thourough and takes his time with each patient. He makes time to answer all your questions until you understand...He is very compassionate and nice man. He is difficult to understand at times but does his best to make sure you understand before you leave, even draws pictures and diagrams. He gave me his personal cell number and called and checked on my after IVF procedure
Be patient, he [Dr. Francisco Batres] is always running behind [at Arkansas Fertility Center]. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining...Dr Batres is very thourough and takes his time with each patient. He makes time to answer all your questions until you understand...He is very compassionate and nice man. He is difficult to understand at times but does his best to make sure you understand before you leave, even draws pictures and diagrams. He gave me his personal cell number and called and checked on my after IVF procedure
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient, he is always running behind. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I felt like Dr. Moutos had a poor bedside manner with little personality and felt like I was talked down to when I could not tolerate certain fertility drugs...I was put on estrogen and progesterone to prepare my body for implantation. When the first embryo did not take, they put me on Lupron, which I reacted terribly to...attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms.
I was misinformed [by the staff at Arkansas Fertility Center] as to when to start my progesterone shots. Secondly, I was made to feel like it was our fault. I was also treated like it was my fault that I could not tolerate Lupron. Their attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms...We were never greeted with a smile. I felt like I was just a number and that payment was the only important thing to them. It was extremely difficult to reach them by phone or return calls. Honestly, I can't think of any positives except that the office building appeared neat and clean.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I felt like Dr. Moutos had a poor bedside manner with little personality and felt like I was talked down to when I could not tolerate certain fertility drugs. I also was passed off to Dr. Batres at times, who frankly, was creepy has he had a nervous laugh whenever telling me that the lining of my uterus was not thick enough for implantation. This is not how I want to be told.
Leave and go to another clinic.
Every time I came into the clinic they seemed more interested in receiving full payment than if I got pregnant. They also treated me like it was my fault that I could not get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The nurse gave me the wrong information on when to start progesterone shots, which made the implantation fail. The doctors and staff covered themselves when we told them this my changing it in their notes. The nurse was blunt and uncaring.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I am not sure as my insurance paid for a lot of the transfer and my embryos were created at a different clinic. I did pay $600 to transfer my embryos elsewhere and had over $1000 that was out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
First of all, I was misinformed as to when to start my progesterone shots. Secondly, I was made to feel like it was our fault. I was also treated like it was my fault that I could not tolerate Lupron. Their attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms.

2019, Consult
kept telling me my weight was an issue and that I was not a good candidate because of my weight...I just didn’t feel like he [Dr. Dean Moutos] cared enough because he felt I was already too overweight for and ivf or tubal reversal...did not follow up...I had to call to get certain results...Lose weight before he would consider to do surgery on me...I have now had a gastric sleeve surgery to lower my weight because I want more babies...
They [Arkansas Fertility Center] kept telling me my weight was an issue and that I was not a good candidate because of my weight...it was just hurtful that they would tel me that I was basically to fat for them to take me as a patient to have another baby...Very clean but needs more holistic care...did not follow up I had to call to get certain results...[nursing staff] Seemed to be there for a check only...[Dr. Dean Moutos] didn’t seem to really care...
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Didn’t trust his practice and he didn’t seem to really care and if you didn’t ask questions you wouldn’t know and did not follow up I had to call to get certain results and I just didn’t feel like he cared enough because he felt I was already too overweight for and ivf or tubal reversal
Find a place with holistic care because he didn’t seem to care a lot at all
They kept telling me my weight was an issue and that I was not a good candidate because of my weight and I couldn’t get anesthesia and hospital would not even take me because I was overweight but I have now had a gastric sleeve surgery to lower my weight because I want more babies and I’m 70 pounds down
Lose weight before he would consider to do surgery on me
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Seemed to be there for a check only
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Very clean but needs more holistic care and concerning workers and to be thorough and kind and happy that patients are trying to have a baby and care as well and that the doc would be more considerate and non judgmental to people that are overweight
Not sure
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
They didn’t care to send for any other information prior to any other surgeries that I had I had to get them myself and then they would give me certain information about whether they would continue unless I lose weight it was just hurtful that they would tel me that I was basically to fat for them to take me as a patient to have another baby.

Investment Banker
Dr. Batres treated me very well. Instead of going over results and being done, he met with me in his office, turned his screen around, and detailed every result and step we were going to take. ... Dr. Batres is a kind, quirky, and compassionate doctor. You can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does and cares that the patient is well-informed. I would recommend him to anyone, and I'm thankful and blessed that I found him!
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend. ... The nurses are great to respond on the website portal, but usually take a little bit to call back. ... $395 for an IUI with no washing, $495 w/washing, $395 for ultrasounds and bloodwork per cycle
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you're expecting an answer, I can assure you that Dr. Batres will find one! If youre expecting results, I know Dr. Batres will do everything in his power to make it happen.
I am still currently using Dr. Batres. Our last cycle consisted of Progesterone 200 mg for 10 days, Clomid 50mg from days 3-7, and an IUI with donor sperm. No results yet. We're still waiting for the IUI
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend.
Little Rock
[Dr. Francisco Batres] He is friendly. Can have awkward mannerism but is always descriptive with what procedures need to be done and what all that will include. He is very polite. Sometimes I feel that his speech and delivery of information is difficulty to understand at first but he is good to go over it again if you ask...Doctor forgot to send one prescription needed for procedure
Most [nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center] are friendly but sometimes felt like a negative atmosphere...[the clinic is] Friendly and easy to get an appointment. Poor online management of website. It’s a difficult system that does not include doctor notes or all lab results. The messaging system is also difficult to use at times...I wish the office did a detailed electronic write up in addition to his [Dr. Batres] hand written notes because they can be difficult to read
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He is friendly. Can have awkward mannerism but is always descriptive with what procedures need to be done and what all that will include. He is very polite. Sometimes I feel that his speech and delivery of information is difficulty to understand at first but he is good to go over it again if you ask. I wish the office did a detailed electronic write up in addition to his hand written notes because they can be difficult to read
Ask a lot of questions and stick up for yourself and your opinion of what you want out of their services.
Timed intercourse with injectable ( happened to be ovulating my first visit).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Most are friendly but sometimes felt like a negative atmosphere
Single transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Doctor forgot to send one prescription needed for procedure
Little Rock
Dr. Moutos checked every possible health problem after my OBGYN noticed Clomid wasn't working for me. After tests and exams he determined to put me on another pill which worked. Great doctor and very knowledgeable.... The only dosage that has made me ovulate is Letrolze 100mg. Along with ultrasounds to check my progress and a shot to help jump start ovulation.... He seems like he is there to do his job to get me pregnant
[Arkansas Fertility Center is a] Great place I would recommend them to anyone struggling to have a child on their own. Very caring and passionate atmosphere for emotional women. Even though the money is a struggle, they do know what they are doing.... [the nursing staff are] Amazing women!!... The only dosage that has made me ovulate is Letrolze 100mg. Along with ultrasounds to check my progress and a shot to help jump start ovulation.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Make sure he is your last option because every cost will add up.
He seems like he is there to do his job to get me pregnant
Amazing women!!
About $2,000
I really liked how Dr. Moutos helped educate me on the whole process.
Little Rock
Dr.Batres and Dr. Moutus were both great! I saw a dr at every visit which was comforting. They always explained what we were doing and why. I feel Dr Batres is very thorough throughout the whole treatment process. We were lucky to get pregnant on our 2nd IUI, but our son was stillborn at 20 weeks for unknown reasons..... Clomid, trigger shot based on LH level not rising, IUI with pregnancy resulting on 2nd round.
Wait times [at AR Fertility and Gynecology] can be long due to the nature of it being a fertility clinic, but you see a physician every visit, they are very thorough with labs and ultrasounds and explaining. They are open seven days a week for Procedures except on major road holidays... Clomid, trigger shot based on LH level not rising, IUI with pregnancy resulting on 2nd round.... Dr.Batres and Dr. Moutus were both great! I saw a dr at every visit which was comforting. They always explained what we were doing and why. I feel Dr Batres is very thorough throughout the whole treatment process. We were lucky to get pregnant on our 2nd IUI, but our son was stillborn at 20 weeks for unknown reasons.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask questions and understand the process.
Dr.Bratres was great about explaining everything. I saw him or Dr Moutus each visit.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Wait times can be long due to the nature of it being a fertility clinic, but you see a physician every visit, they are very thorough with labs and ultrasounds and explaining. They are open seven days a week for Procedures except on major road holidays
2016, Unknown Success
All the staff [at Arkansas Fertility Center- Little Rock] is very friendly and helpful. The only thing i wish i could change or that would be different is that you did not have to pay any fees upfront, it makes it hard to pay all of the money all at once.... Dr. Moutos has always been very sensitive to my fertility needs. He does his best to explain what would need to happen next to be able to help me carry a baby or be able to get pregnant. He has always explained everything in ways i can understand and told me in detail what is wrong with my body and my female organs, and why I can not get pregnant the normal way. He is an all around great doctor.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only thing i wish i could change or that would be different is that you did not have to pay any fees upfront, it makes it hard to pay all of the money all at once.