7.3

9101 Kanis Road
Little Rock, AR 72205
501-801-1200

Treated 2020
During my initial consultation, Dr. Moutos indicated with my age (34 at the time) and a high AMH level, he'd recommend eSET. After my egg retrieval, he let me choose to transfer either 1 or 2 embryo since we had 5 fertilized and surviving embryos on day 3 transfer...is more of a numbers guy, so if you value bedside manner with a warm personality a lot, he will likely disappoint you. Another example is after my first cycle was cancelled, Dr Moutos adjusted the treatment protocol, but I was still not responding well. He was honesty with his feedback that he's not sure why, but did not offer reassurance or alternative treatment plan. He's not one to sugar coat things and he spends very little time in his visits. I suspect it's because the clinic is very bus
Initial consultation [at Arkansas Fertility Center]: $250 IVF flat rate for monitoring, egg retrieval, and transfer: $11,000 (also including the initial blood work, HCG blood work, and semen analysis). If you're doing distant monitoring at Parkhill Fayetteville, the case flat rate is $8000...Their fee structure is fairly straightforward, so you know what to expect. Their staff is very nice in person. They offer distant monitoring for Northwest Arkansas area. Weakness: The clinic is very busy, which causes long wait time and you need to be proactive in terms of asking questions. Equipment may be a little ol
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
In order to get IVF treatment, we were told we need an initial consultation with Dr. Moutos, which we came in with the expectation that everything will be scheduled that day, but we were wrong. We first waited for 1.5 hours and a resident took some medical history. Waited another 45mins then Dr. Moutos came in and reviews our chart, and says that he thinks IVF is the right course of treatment for us (which we already knew since our OBGYN referred us to him after 3 failed IUI). And he proceed to explain how IVF works, and at that point we already read up so much that nothing new was offered. We were scheduled to come back in a month for an ultrasound and semen analysis. That was our first visit. We took off an entire day of work and spent $250 just for that. I felt that we could have easily done this over the phone. Second appointment I had an hysterosonogram, which is an ultrasound with saline injected into the uterus. Dr. Moutos performed the ultrasound himself. Prior to that, I've had numerous ultrasound done from IUI, and I also had another hysterosonogram done at my hospital after, so when I say Dr. Moutos's ultrasound is quite uncomfortable, I have some point of reference. I've noticed at that point that Dr Moutos is more of a numbers guy, so if you value bedside manner with a warm personality a lot, he will likely disappoint you. Another example is after my first cycle was cancelled, Dr Moutos adjusted the treatment protocol, but I was still not responding well. He was honesty with his feedback that he's not sure why, but did not offer reassurance or alternative treatment plan. He's not one to sugar coat things and he spends very little time in his visits. I suspect it's because the clinic is very busy since the waiting room is always full and each time I go in the wait time is always more than an hour unless it's timed like retrieval or transfer. I'm sharing this not because I don't think he's a good doctor, but I want people to be able to manage their expectations, so they're not frustrated like I was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Expect a long wait time, and have all your questions prepared before he rushes out of the room. If he won't answer them in detail, the nurses usually will. You will also likely see Dr. Batres even though your primary doctor is Dr. Moutos.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos and Dr. Batres works on alternating 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off pattern so even though my primary doctor was Dr Moutos, I had one ultrasound appointment and my embryo transfer done by Dr. Batres, which is not ideal but it is how the clinic works. They did not tell you ahead of time that you won't see your primary doctor so it always came as a shock to me when I arrive. The nursing team is a little hard to reach sometimes, and most of the communication occur on the eIVF platform. The lack of communication and alternating doctors does make me feel like being treated like a number sometimes, but the staff are really nice in person.
Describe the protocols Dean Moutos used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Prior to each cycle starting, I was on birth control pull for about 2 months. The first cycle he started with 150 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU (2 vials) Menopur for 3 days. The fourth day ultrasound and lab work showed a minimum estradiol increase so he increased the injection to 225 IU Gonal-F 150 IU Menopur for another 5 days, and my cycle was cancelled on day 8 since the estrodial level and follicular development wasn't as high as they had expected. The second cycle added 1 pump of 1% Androgel each day for 22 days prior to the injection. He started me at the higher dose of 225 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU Menopur, which continued with frequent ultrasound and blood for 8 days. On the 9th day, they added 250 mcg of Ganirelix in addition to 225 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU Menopur for the following 5 days. On day 14, I injected 250 mcg Ovidrel in the evening for my scheduled morning retrieval 2 days later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Patsy)
The care coordinator usually provide instructions over the eIVF platform, but it's always bare minimum instruction like how much to inject for meds. She is unlikely to give you more information unless you ask (eg. how much more medication to refill, billing questions, etc). The treatment plan sometimes changes as you go, so there's always a level of uncertainty throughout. Therefore, you have to be proactive in terms asking what to expect next (ie. new cycle start date, time for retrieval, transfer, Covid test, etc) especially if you need time off scheduled in advance. Billing questions are done by another nurse named Sarah and sometimes she's hard to get a hold of. I understand that they're very busy and I think they're all doing the best they can. You just have to embrace the uncertainty and don't expect them to spoon-feed you everything you'd need to know. Do your own research and I find they usually answer questions on the eIVF platform within 24 hrs. It may be more effective than leaving voicemails with the nursing team.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Strength: Their fee structure is fairly straightforward, so you know what to expect. Their staff is very nice in person. They offer distant monitoring for Northwest Arkansas area. Weakness: The clinic is very busy, which causes long wait time and you need to be proactive in terms of asking questions. Equipment may be a little old, like ultrasound has a very small screen and poor quality compared to other clinics. Other things you should know: During Covid, they require you to perform a Covid test prior to cycle starting and then again prior to egg retrieval, and if you test positive, they'll cancel the cycle with no refund.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Initial consultation: $250 IVF flat rate for monitoring, egg retrieval, and transfer: $11,000 (also including the initial blood work, HCG blood work, and semen analysis). If you're doing distant monitoring at Parkhill Fayetteville, the case flat rate is $8000. Any additional ultrasound and blood work done in the office: $585 on the weekend, $490 on a weekday. Ultrasound and blood work at Parkhill (cash rate): $402, insurance rate (about $90/visit depending on your insurance). Standard medication from freedom pharmacy: $4700 Frozen cycle: $3000 Embryo cryopreservation, billed annually: $250
Describe Dean Moutos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
During my initial consultation, Dr. Moutos indicated with my age (34 at the time) and a high AMH level, he'd recommend eSET. After my egg retrieval, he let me choose to transfer either 1 or 2 embryo since we had 5 fertilized and surviving embryos on day 3 transfer. We chose to transfer 2.
Treated 2018 - 2019
For better or worse, he [Dr. Batres] is extremely informative and descriptive as the procedure is taking place. My wife and I both agreed it was more comforting than not but I could understand if someone else was put off by it. I definitely felt that he was doing out of concern for the patient as an attempt to make them feel somewhat in control of a vulnerable situation. He is very particular about how full your bladder is during the procedure and I appreciated the attention to detail.
They [Arkansas Fertility Center] are flexible with labs which is a welcome break when you are already taking off a lot of work for treatments. The embryologist and the nurses that are with when you go back for transfer are always awesome and comforting. The building is small and therefore easy to navigate and there is usually no problem parking ... Stacey, who coordinates with donors, can be particularly abrasive and unprofessional. As far as I know, she completed her job properly but left both us and the known donor with a terrible impression.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He has an accent that has a side effect of sounding a little cold at first but that impression passed quickly. For better or worse, he is extremely informative and descriptive as the procedure is taking place. My wife and I both agreed it was more comforting than not but I could understand if someone else was put off by it. I definitely felt that he was doing out of concern for the patient as an attempt to make them feel somewhat in control of a vulnerable situation. He is very particular about how full your bladder is during the procedure and I appreciated the attention to detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Don’t be thrown off by your first impression of his concern for your situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
They can brush up quickly by looking at your file, but they don’t memorize your circumstance by name or face. This is probably perfectly normal but it always makes you wonder if they are missing some small, yet significant detail that might change everything.
Describe the protocols Francisco Batres used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used patches and injections for donor egg IVF cycles. It seemed pretty standard. After 2 failed cycles, as we prepared for our last embryo, he suggested a biopsy and a scrape which we went for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Most of the staff are friendly enough but they all seem susceptible to bringing a bad day to work. Stacey, who coordinates with donors, can be particularly abrasive and unprofessional. As far as I know, she completed her job properly but left both us and the known donor with a terrible impression.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
They are flexible with labs which is a welcome break when you are already taking off a lot of work for treatments. The embryologist and the nurses that are with when you go back for transfer are always awesome and comforting. The building is small and therefore easy to navigate and there is usually no problem parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center.
$20,000 + medications for initial retrieval and cycle. $3,000+ meds for each additional transfer cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The only thing I clicked on specifics was the conflicting information box. It was early in the process when coordinating with the donor. It could have easily been ours or the donors misunderstanding but every things is so scary and sensitive during that process that small slights feels huge.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Francisco Batres] does not go in to detail on anything and left us in the dark on most things. He has a nervous laugh that he does that always came at the most inopportune time. I have no doubt that he was very smart and capable. But he did not give us the experience we needed and we are switching doctors...Do your own research because you're not going to get any detailed information out of him... I asked not to know the gender on our first round of PGS and he handed me a piece of paper that still listed xy and xx on everything.
It [Arkansas Fertility Center] is clean and seems organized for the most part. I spent hours any given appointment in the waiting room so it was a horrible experience. Especially having a full time job and expecting any appointment to last 1-4 hours...Found out our frozen transfer didn't result in a pregnancy from a portal message telling me it didn't work and to stop all meds...Stopped all meds, which resulted in a massive seizure and me not being able to drive for several months.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Horrible experience. He has an accent and is very hard to understand. He does not go in to detail on anything and left us in the dark on most things. He has a nervous laugh that he does that always came at the most inopportune time. I have no doubt that he was very smart and capable. But he did not give us the experience we needed and we are switching doctors.
Don't let his nervous laugh get to you. Just know he isn't meaning to be insensitive. Do your own research because you're not going to get any detailed information out of him.
A million reasons. 1. I asked not to know the gender on our first round of PGS and he handed me a piece of paper that still listed xy and xx on everything. 2. I go by another name than my legal name which he never called me despite asking to be called by my nickname (same for my husband). 3. Found out our frozen transfer didn't result in a pregnancy from a portal message telling me it didn't work and to stop all meds. 4. Stopped all meds, which resulted in a massive seizure and me not being able to drive for several months. 5. Have not heard from them since the seizure. 6. The nursing staff also did not make an effort to humanize me or my husband or call us by the names we go by.
He did not give us any details as to strategies or why he chose them. Part of the reason for our horrible experience.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Like I've said, they never made an effort to get to know me or my husband or call us by the chosen names we gave them. The same nurse had taken my blood for a year and a half. I had probably talked to her about her daughter and plans for the day/weekend more than 30 times during my 2 IVF cycles. When I came in to get blood work for my upcoming frozen transfer she introduced herself and said it was nice to meet me. I also left crying multiple times and never received any comfort or compassion from any staff member.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
It is clean and seems organized for the most part. I spent hours any given appointment in the waiting room so it was a horrible experience. Especially having a full time job and expecting any appointment to last 1-4 hours.
I don't remember. Tried to block that out of my memory.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I've currently switched doctors and have been waiting more than 3 weeks for them to send over my files. Also, on my first IVF cycle they forgot to order my meds in time for the start date so we had to scramble to find a temporary fix in town.
Little Rock
He [Dr. Batres] is caring and interested in our journey. He listens to my concerns and talks through any questions I might have. He has on occasion been busy and I felt rushed or like I was frustrating him and he prefers I talk details of the cycle with Debbie [nurse]. Overall though I believe he is on our team and wants a positive outcome for us...He is pretty strait to the point and while he will do what you want treatment wise he also will try to offer other plans.
I loved working with Debbie [nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center]. She is a no nonsense woman but she works hard for us and answers all my repetitive questions. She’s great at her job...The clinic uses ESET unless there is a reason to do 2...They have a process and it works well. I like that everything is done in the portal. They usually get back to me within a day. Sarah is very organized and knowledgeable with clinic pricing and insurance. The clinic is comfortable and quiet.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He is caring and interested in our journey. He listens to my concerns and talks through any questions I might have. He has on occasion been busy and I felt rushed or like I was frustrating him and he prefers I talk details of the cycle with Debbie. Overall though I believe he is on our team and wants a positive outcome for us.
Come prepared with questions. He is pretty strait to the point and while he will do what you want treatment wise he also will try to offer other plans.
I feel like only the doctor and office manager know my name. I hate that I don’t know the nurses. I wish they would wear name tags.
For our first planned cycle we did birth control, and a baseline ultrasound. I then injured myself so that cycle was canceled. He then wanted me to ovulate, use an OPK and a progesterone rest 6 days later. We will then start estrogen until we start the stims. We are in the middle of this process now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
I loved working with Debbie. She is a no nonsense woman but she works hard for us and answers all my repetitive questions. She’s great at her job.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The appointments up until IVF treatment were covered by insurance, but we still had a copay and paid 20%. The clinic was $11,000 and meds were $3,700.
Describe Francisco Batres's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic uses ESET unless there is a reason to do 2.
Little Rock
Dr. Batres was very thorough and explained my fertility treatments and the timeline we would use. He does a good job on my ultrasounds and explained everything he was doing and what I was looking at. He also let me know when I would have to see the other Dr. in the clinic because he would be in surgery. He even called me on a Sunday to explain my results and next treatment...He truly cares about his patients. I also like how he is very thorough and explains everything, including writing it down and giving you a copy. He also explains everything while doing the ultrasounds. I will say my only negative, and it's not really negative, is that he has a chuckle while he talks that can be off putting if someone doesnt tell you before you meet him.
The strength of this office [Arkansas Fertility Center] are the compassion and thoroughness of the doctors. They are also up front with cost and always try to bill insurance and are very knowledgeable about insurance. Just know that the 1st appointment can be a sticker shock if you don't do your research. Also make sure you try to message them in the morning if you have questions if you need them answered that day or just give them a call.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I think Dr. Batres is a wonderful doctor. He truly cares about his patients. I also like how he is very thorough and explains everything, including writing it down and giving you a copy. He also explains everything while doing the ultrasounds. I will say my only negative, and it's not really negative, is that he has a chuckle while he talks that can be off putting if someone doesnt tell you before you meet him.
Just be honest and share any of your concerns or questions.
With my history we we started on a higher dose of letrazole, then went to tamoxifen, and back to letrazole. We did them back to back and I didn't respond, but had a good uterine lining . We are now moving on to injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie )
The nursing stuff over all has done very well. They are nice and care about the patients. However, it sometimes does take them some time to respond to messages.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The strength of this office are the compassion and thoroughness of the doctors. They are also up front with cost and always try to bill insurance and are very knowledgeable about insurance. Just know that the 1st appointment can be a sticker shock if you don't do your research. Also make sure you try to message them in the morning if you have questions if you need them answered that day or just give them a call.
My 1st appointment was around $500 but that included my insurance paying for some of it. Most of my appointments cost around 250 also because my insurance does pay for a small portion of the ultra sounds. When I eventually get to IUI it will cost around $900 plus medication costs. Since I am movie on to injectables the cost of medication to go up to $2500.
Little Rock
He [Dr. Moutos] has an overload of patients, he had a hard time recalling what treatment he had already done. I kept having to remind him of certain things. As the patient I found I had to be my own advocate in this clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center]. ... I had all of my initial information at another facility, the first thing Dr. Moutos wanted was a progesterone level, it came back low, I was assured I would ovulate with fertility meds so we proceded to my first IUI. My first protocol was 50mg clomid, CD 3-7. I would call with I got a positive OPK.
Strength [of Arkansas Fertility Center]: knowledge of physicians, appointment availability (including weekends!), Weaknesses: lack of information, rushed doctors with high patient overload, rude staff, waiting for your appointment has always taken at least an hour ... You can’t directly get ahold of anyone, it’s always leave a message and they’ll call you back. Also, I’ve had nurses who were rude when giving information to me.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He has an overload of patients, he had a hard time recalling what treatment he had already done. I kept having to remind him of certain things. As the patient I found I had to be my own advocate in this clinic.
Know your diagnosis, research information and don’t be afraid to ask questions because information is not readily available for you.
I had all of my initial information at another facility, the first thing Dr. Moutos wanted was a progesterone level, it came back low, I was assured I would ovulate with fertility meds so we proceded to my first IUI. My first protocol was 50mg clomid, CD 3-7. I would call with I got a positive OPK. Which I did. Because I lived 4 hours away they told me I would get an ultrasound the day of, which they forgot about, and I reminded them on the day of, I had 1 15mm follicle, they proceeded with IUI anyway, and my progesterone that cycle showed I still didn’t ovulate. So a negative result. Because I “didn’t respond” to clomid, next cycle was Letrozole 5 mg CD3-7. CD 12 ultrasound showed no follicle growth, so I was put on Letrozole 7.5 mg a second time in the same cycle, on CD 22 had another ultrasound and no follicles, so IUI was cancelled. For the next cycle I’m trying 100 mg of Clomid, despite the fact that I asked to be on injectable medication.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Strength: knowledge of physicians, appointment availability (including weekends!), Weaknesses: lack of information, rushed doctors with high patient overload, rude staff, waiting for your appointment has always taken at least an hour
My insurance covered most of pre-treatment and my copay each visit was only $40. After “treatment” insurance covered nothing, IUI cost $450, ultrasounds costs $300. We even froze 2 of my husbands semen samples in case he was unable to take off work for IUI, $150 each and able to be frozen up to 3 months.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Moutos] was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.... He was very hands on and told us exactly what to expect. I never left his clinic confused or not knowing what was next. No matter what he always had another plan to fall back on. He was always so gental and made me feel heard. I’ve never been to a clinic like this.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic [Arkansas Fertility Ctr]. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.... The nursing staff was wonderful. They never made me feel awkward or uneasy. They were always so kind and called and reminded me of my appointments and if I needed to reschedule they were so very helpful.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I would say for them to be prepared for a lot of paper work but know it is 100% worth it. He’s amazing and I have faith with him that we will get pregnant.
He was very kind. He listened to our wants and needs. He seemed like he wanted us to be pregnant almost as much as we do.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I really have nothing bad to say about this clinic. They were so clean and had plenty of parking. Their waiting room is a little small but there’s hardly ever a wait. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.
My insurance has not paid for anything. Out of pocket I’ve spent over 1100 just the first visit and the initial testing.
Investment Banker
Dr. Batres treated me very well. Instead of going over results and being done, he met with me in his office, turned his screen around, and detailed every result and step we were going to take. ... Dr. Batres is a kind, quirky, and compassionate doctor. You can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does and cares that the patient is well-informed. I would recommend him to anyone, and I'm thankful and blessed that I found him!
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend. ... The nurses are great to respond on the website portal, but usually take a little bit to call back. ... $395 for an IUI with no washing, $495 w/washing, $395 for ultrasounds and bloodwork per cycle
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you're expecting an answer, I can assure you that Dr. Batres will find one! If youre expecting results, I know Dr. Batres will do everything in his power to make it happen.
I am still currently using Dr. Batres. Our last cycle consisted of Progesterone 200 mg for 10 days, Clomid 50mg from days 3-7, and an IUI with donor sperm. No results yet. We're still waiting for the IUI
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
If you're a new patient, it usually takes a little while to get in (as expected). Otherwise, the clinic is amazing! Clean, organized, quiet, compassionate, professional, and friendly! I would definitely recommend.
Investor
I have enjoyed the experience so far with him. He [Dr. Batres] does speak very fast and is not the best at pronouncing words. Sometimes I have to ask him to slow down, repeat or ask clarifying questions. He does meet with you in his office after every visit to explain what results were and the next step. It is a very fast visit, but thorough.... I have unexplained fertility. Every test i have had as well as my husband has come back clear. I have had 2 HSGs, laparoscopy, now on our 2nd IUI. We do not know a cause of why it has taken 2 years so far. All we can do is trial and error.
The clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is very sterile and not very warm/welcoming. The strengths are it keeps you up-to-date on all your matters through their patient portal. I have really liked this process of being able to find out on my own instead of having to call repeatedly. My appointments are usually pretty on time. They do not make you wait for too long. The weaknesses are just not very welcoming and warm. It just seems like we are numbers just getting pushed in and out. Wish there was more of a connection among the staff and patients since it is such a delicate matter.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I have enjoyed the experience so far with him. He does speak very fast and is not the best at pronouncing words. Sometimes I have to ask him to slow down, repeat or ask clarifying questions. He does meet with you in his office after every visit to explain what results were and the next step. It is a very fast visit, but thorough.
Make sure you ask as many questions as possible. Bring a notebook and write everything down. Do not be afraid to ask him to slow down or repeat again. He is very nice and very knowledgeable.
I have unexplained fertility. Every test i have had as well as my husband has come back clear. I have had 2 HSGs, laparoscopy, now on our 2nd IUI. We do not know a cause of why it has taken 2 years so far. All we can do is trial and error. We will do 3 IUIs then move to IVF. My first IUI we used letrozole and the trigger shot Ovidrel. Result was no pregnancy. Second IUI my body did not respond to the letrozole. Ended up doubling the dosage for the next week. My body responded. Had the procedure two weeks ago. Prescribed progesterone for the two weeks. Will take pregnancy test Friday if have not started my period by then.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The nursing staff really has not had much interaction with me. They walk in for the ultrasound or procedure, don't speak and then walk out when over. When taking my blood they don't speak to me either.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is very sterile and not very warm/welcoming. The strengths are it keeps you up-to-date on all your matters through their patient portal. I have really liked this process of being able to find out on my own instead of having to call repeatedly. My appointments are usually pretty on time. They do not make you wait for too long. The weaknesses are just not very welcoming and warm. It just seems like we are numbers just getting pushed in and out. Wish there was more of a connection among the staff and patients since it is such a delicate matter.
So far we have been billed for two IUIs. After insurance it has only costed me about $100 for both. The ovidrel shots are $170 which are expensive. The letrozole has cost me maybe $20. The costs have not been outrageous yet, but we have not gotten to IVF. Each co-pay is different every time I go. Usually ranges from $30-$70.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I feel as if he [Dr. Moutos] took the time to discuss my situation with the other doctors in the clinic to get the best results as possible. He was very knowledgeable about my past history before coming to him. He was honest and real with us about our treatments and our progress throughout the first failed attempt and failed IVF.... My first I started birth control for a month with the routine ultra sounds to make sure I was suppressed enough to continue.
Initially I was very nervous, but after getting to know the clinic’s staff [Arkansas Fertility Center] I began to feel at home. Their strengths outweigh their weaknesses.... The only weakness I can think of is billing. But I honestly think that is because they are a busy clinic and in the middle of changes. But if we ever had a problem they would take care of it the right way and quickly!... I fell in love with the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Initially I was a little overwhelmed due to his knowledge. I’m a little first grade teacher and explain big things to little ones every day... at times I felt like I needed him to be a little more specific and explain a little more in depth. Anytime I had questions he was quick to answer. I do feel that as a patient and a determined mother to be, it’s so important for you to educate yourself with as much as possible. That way you are able to understand what all you are doing. I really valued his expertise. He was very forward with what he thought our best option would be regarding our medical history and issues. I appreciated the fact that he took the time to do additional testing to make sure we were on the right track to becoming parents. In this clinic you both doctors. At first I wasn’t sure about the idea, but later on learned that they use their strengths depending on what the patient’s case intells and they both discuss the best treatment plans. Two heads are better than one, right? I honestly felt and still feel he and the other doctor do everything possible to help you hold your sweet little blessing. Just because I’m not there yet doesn’t mean we are finished. They are still learning new things about my body and for that I am greatful.
Not to let the initial consultation scare you. He gives you the facts and they can seem kind of scary, I get it. Also, he is so smart that you might seem a little impersonal. But I promise you he’s not. It’s just like any other relationship, the more you see him the more you understand his personality and the same for you. He knows what he’s doing, and as a patient you just have to trust him.
I feel as if he took the time to discuss my situation with the other doctors in the clinic to get the best results as possible. He was very knowledgeable about my past history before coming to him. He was honest and real with us about our treatments and our progress throughout the first failed attempt and failed IVF.
My first I started birth control for a month with the routine ultra sounds to make sure I was suppressed enough to continue. I was on Gonal F and Menapor injection one time a day. This cycle was cancelled after 6 days of STIMs due to a dominate follicle. He saw it initially and immediately tried to treat it cetracide. Our next cycle we began with 2 months of birth control to suppress. I then began taking Lupron injections 2 times a day along with gonal F and Menapor. These dosages were higher. We had to extend STIMs for 13 days. We then used a trigger shot was given before the retrieval. After retrieval we did a 3 day transfer of 2 excellent grade eggs. During this time I took progesterone inserts, medrol, and estradiol patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Stewart )
I fell in love with the nursing staff. Because I was there regularly and often I was able to form a relationship with a majority of them. They all made you feel welcomed, cared for, and important. Hugs, hand holds, smiles, and tears were just what I needed from them at times and they never let me down.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Just like any attending any new facility, it’s hard not to feel nervous or to compare. Initially I was very nervous, but after getting to know the clinic’s staff I began to feel at home. Their strengths outweigh their weaknesses. I honestly feel as if strengths and weaknesses of this clinic depend on the patient behind them. I appreciated their help and need to make things right if you had a problem. So far during our time with them they have continued to help out in any way possible. The only weakness I can think of is billing. But I honestly think that is because they are a busy clinic and in the middle of changes. But if we ever had a problem they would take care of it the right way and quickly!
This clinic does a flat fee of $11,000 and does except some insurances. Unfortunately, we were self pay so had to pay the $11,000 upfront and then they ordered our medicine and we had to pay for it separately. Although it was a lot of money upfront, it was nice to not have to worry with all the payments during the cycle.
Before all of this I had to pray for trust. To know that I came to them for their gifts and talents and that I needed to try and focus on their strengths and not question their suggestions. Therefore, doing a 3 day transfer of 2 embryos in hopes that they take was what we did. The idea of loosing in hopes that they last for a five day blast was nerve wracking and the idea that being back in their natural environment made it easier to understand their decision. My doctors all explained their decision and it was appreciated.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
It was just misunderstandings before IVF started. Nothing alarming or damaging.
Treated 2017 - 2018
The clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] is very prompt with scheduling, works with you on billing, and works you into the schedule as needed for emergency. Sometimes the clinic can run behind due to immediate need for egg retrieval (understandable) and does not let patients know that they are running behind having them wait in room for increased. If making payments make sure you keep up with receipts and total for your records because sometimes errors can occur. The clinic is very good.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Doctor Moutos provided a good detailed course of treatment with initial consultation with my husband and providing frequent follow up questions. He always went over procedures, medications, and follow-ups that I had concerns with. He would answer questions honestly if I asked. Dr Moutos was quick to act when it was discovered I had an ectopic pregnancy and handled the situation professionally and compassionately, reassuring me that there was still a chance for the family we wanted. Sometimes I felt that Moutos did not deliver as much information as I wanted/needed including giving information on appropriate follicle amount, lining levels, or additional treatment options (supplements, acupunture, etc) that could be beneficial to add to treatment.
always come prepared with questions and don't be afraid to say "Hey Dr. Moutos I need to talk to you. I have some questions." Don't leave the clinic with things unclear
On most appointments I felt that Dr.Moutos was very kind and worked me into his schedule if I had concerns about my cycles especially when one attempt with an iui resulted in an ectopic pregnancy requiring prompt surgery for removal. He continued to remain very optimistic about my treatments. Sometimes it was difficult to have time at the end of the appointment to ask any follow-up questions without being ushered on.
Unexplained infertility. no factors noted female or male. trying over a year with no success. started with clomid with iui. resulted in ectopic pregnancy with need for laparoscopic surgery with tube removal due to damage. no sign of endo with surgery. second iui with clomid resulted in no pregnancy with thin lining (presumably due to clomid). switched to letrozole and estrogen suppository but no iui due to oppsite side ovulation. cycle resulted in no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I like the nurses at the clinic. They are very kind and promptly respond to questions on portal and perform lab work without killing my arm.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is very prompt with scheduling, works with you on billing, and works you into the schedule as needed for emergency. Sometimes the clinic can run behind due to immediate need for egg retrieval (understandable) and does not let patients know that they are running behind having them wait in room for increased. If making payments make sure you keep up with receipts and total for your records because sometimes errors can occur. The clinic is very good.
iui cycles were around 1200 each. surgery costs total 3000. doppler ultrasound 350 for possible dvt.
not applicable
Treated 2013 - 2018
He did talk to me in his office several times and I didn’t feel rushed.... He’s strength is very smart. Weakness is too busy.... Dr Moutos probably has too many patients at one time to really focus on individuals. He does try tho.... Antagonist protocol for ivf. I had almost hyperstimulated. Probably should have been given less dosage but that’s always hindsight. I did have issues and he tried to keep monitoring me. I think he did his best with what he had to work with - my body.
Strengths- smart doctors. I really do think they care. Weaknesses- too busy. Too many patients. Not enough time to spend with each patient. Maybe should scale back on the amount of active patients so that they can focus on the ones they have and their success rates. As well as, time to schedule. The nursing staff [Arkansas Fertility Ctr] are medical assistants and not nurses. They are sweet though. Just I’m not sure they are allowed to perform as many duties as a nurse would be and therefore the doctors are stretched thinner with all the patients and procedures.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He’s strength is very smart. Weakness is too busy. Too many patients I think. Staff are medical assistants and not nurses. Ivf coordinator is lpn. She always seems in a hurry. Not as compassionate as I would have liked. Dr Moutos probably has too many patients at one time to really focus on individuals. He does try tho. Also Arkansas has only two reproductive endocrinologist so they are real busy. Usually runs an hour behind schedule. Not always but might count on it if you’ve got an appt
Try to ask questions and make him make time for you.
He did talk to me in his office several times and I didn’t feel rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie, ivf coordinator)
Debbie, ivf coordinator, very organized but in a hurry. Make you feel like you can’t ask questions. Not big communicator. No compassion at all hardly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Strengths- smart doctors. I really do think they care. Weaknesses- too busy. Too many patients. Not enough time to spend with each patient. Maybe should scale back on the amount of active patients so that they can focus on the ones they have and their success rates. As well as, time to schedule. The nursing staff are medical assistants and not nurses. They are sweet though. Just I’m not sure they are allowed to perform as many duties as a nurse would be and therefore the doctors are stretched thinner with all the patients and procedures. Wait time USB’s y’all an hour.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Had to be first thing in th morning typically. Had to wait an hour sometimes just for these appts once I got to the clinic.
I forgot the costs. My husband dealt with this. Too stressful for me. We actually took out additional insurance policy that helped with some of the costs. Also there are rebates on medication online on each medications website.
More risks for twins. I had uterine septum so higher risk for rupture.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
My embryos were growing and they said they would call daily with results on their progress. The APN, Sarah, told me on day 3 that they were doing great (in regards to day 2 embryos) saying all were doing great and on track when I’m reality only one was. Big difference. I didn’t sleep at all that night worrying if the lab was confused (which would have drastic consequences ) with the embryos or if it was simply clerical error and it was. Just surprisingly was from the apn , Sarah.
Little Rock
Dr. Batres has always put my husband and I at ease. He remembers us and takes time at each visit to speak to us in his office and answer questions. I can call him or his nurse any time and they always listen and get back with me promptly. I felt like he really cares about us and wants to help us have a family.... Dr Batres has called me after hours and has always allowed us the time that we need to process information and schedule our treatments around that. The schedules t the clinic is very flexible and he even let me do remote monitoring since I live 3 hours away from the clinic.
The nurses [at Arkansas Fertility Center] were all really sweet. I called all the time with questions and was never made to feel bad. They took good care of me during all the procedures, including a surgery. They are organized and have taken cRe of billing issues for me. The only thing I wish was that they called you with beta results instead of posting on the portal. In one way it is good. It to hear bad news over the phone but it is such a personal process up until that point and then I sort of ended up feeling left alone with the sad news. However, they don’t all to you after at the follow up. The nurse reassured me that it was not my fault.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I never felt like a number at this clinic. Dr Batres has called me after hours and has always allowed us the time that we need to process information and schedule our treatments around that. The schedules t the clinic is very flexible and he even let me do remote monitoring since I live 3 hours away from the clinic.
Ask a lot of questions. He will answer them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby S)
The nurses were all really sweet. I called all the time with questions and was never made to feel bad. They took good care of me during all the procedures, including a surgery. They are organized and have taken cRe of billing issues for me. The only thing I wish was that they called you with beta results instead of posting on the portal. In one way it is good. It to hear bad news over the phone but it is such a personal process up until that point and then I sort of ended up feeling left alone with the sad news. However, they don’t all to you after at the follow up. The nurse reassured me that it was not my fault.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Sometimes you will wait in the room to be seen for close to an hour. They are very busy.! But they are also really flexible with your schedule and open practically every day of the year. I never felt like I was being pressured to begin a cycle to “batch” me in with other ladies b/c they don’t do this. Once or twice, dr Batres was not there and I saw Dr. M instead. It was not the same as having my own doc but I trusted that he knows what he is doing. I had to ask a lot more questions though since he does not have the same communication style as Dr B
We had insurance coverage so I am not sure of the cost without that.
Dr. Batres recommended that we transfer 2 embryos both times, due to my age. Neither cycle resulted in a pregnancy (so far) but he encouraged us to transfer 2. I believe that he would have listened and followed our wishes if we had only wanted to transfer one, though. On our second fresh transfer, he allowed us to decide if we should transfer on day 3 or try to wait until day 5.
Little Rock
Dr. Moutos treated me with kindness and professionalism at each appointment. He was thorough and clear while also remaining compassionate...was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor [at Arkansas Fertility Center] to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Dr. Moutos was always very clear on the current situation and the next steps to be taken. I never left confused or wondering what was going on with my health. He approaches his conversations with a very serious and to the point attitude which I appreciated as it is hard to discuss the “emotional” side of such an emotional treatment. He valued my thoughts and questions and I felt heard and understood.
Be prepared to take on the costs of the treatment but nothing in life will be more worth it than your child.
I was put on letrozole, metformin, estradiol, and fh pro prenatals by my doctor to work with PCOS. Each round the letrozole was increased and my final round I also needed the trigger shot before our timed intercourse. In between each round there were ultrasounds and blood tests done at every appointment. After five rounds and the highest dosage of letrozole (2 back to back) my husband and I conceived our son.
Wonderful!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic was wonderful! The facilities were clean and efficient and the staff were kind and easy to deal with the administrative side as well. Wait times would sometimes be long but they kept me comfortable and informed.
After insurance our costs were around $2000 for medications and testing
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr batres always takes time to explain things in great detail. He is aggressive with his plans as long as you are comfortable every step of the way.... Dr batres is a caring dr. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field. I trust him to do what is best for me and my family. I know he has my best interest at heart. He is sure to taste time to meet with you after each appt.... Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
The front desk attendant [Arkansas Fertility Center] is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.... The nursing staff is very busy and attempts to return calls but does not always get around to it.... The treatments are very expensive as they are at most places. Labs and ultrasound are also very pricey. I’ve had one mistake made in the billing department.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk attendant is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I had go set up automatic refills through my pharmacy so they would have to track down the clinic to get prescriptions refills.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I felt like Dr. Moutos had a poor bedside manner with little personality and felt like I was talked down to when I could not tolerate certain fertility drugs...I was put on estrogen and progesterone to prepare my body for implantation. When the first embryo did not take, they put me on Lupron, which I reacted terribly to...attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms.
I was misinformed [by the staff at Arkansas Fertility Center] as to when to start my progesterone shots. Secondly, I was made to feel like it was our fault. I was also treated like it was my fault that I could not tolerate Lupron. Their attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms...We were never greeted with a smile. I felt like I was just a number and that payment was the only important thing to them. It was extremely difficult to reach them by phone or return calls. Honestly, I can't think of any positives except that the office building appeared neat and clean.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I felt like Dr. Moutos had a poor bedside manner with little personality and felt like I was talked down to when I could not tolerate certain fertility drugs. I also was passed off to Dr. Batres at times, who frankly, was creepy has he had a nervous laugh whenever telling me that the lining of my uterus was not thick enough for implantation. This is not how I want to be told.
Leave and go to another clinic.
Every time I came into the clinic they seemed more interested in receiving full payment than if I got pregnant. They also treated me like it was my fault that I could not get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The nurse gave me the wrong information on when to start progesterone shots, which made the implantation fail. The doctors and staff covered themselves when we told them this my changing it in their notes. The nurse was blunt and uncaring.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I am not sure as my insurance paid for a lot of the transfer and my embryos were created at a different clinic. I did pay $600 to transfer my embryos elsewhere and had over $1000 that was out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
First of all, I was misinformed as to when to start my progesterone shots. Secondly, I was made to feel like it was our fault. I was also treated like it was my fault that I could not tolerate Lupron. Their attitude was that I should just suck it up and take the Lupron despite the fact that it caused cardiac symptoms.
Little Rock
Dr. Moutos checked every possible health problem after my OBGYN noticed Clomid wasn't working for me. After tests and exams he determined to put me on another pill which worked. Great doctor and very knowledgeable.... The only dosage that has made me ovulate is Letrolze 100mg. Along with ultrasounds to check my progress and a shot to help jump start ovulation.... He seems like he is there to do his job to get me pregnant
[Arkansas Fertility Center is a] Great place I would recommend them to anyone struggling to have a child on their own. Very caring and passionate atmosphere for emotional women. Even though the money is a struggle, they do know what they are doing.... [the nursing staff are] Amazing women!!... The only dosage that has made me ovulate is Letrolze 100mg. Along with ultrasounds to check my progress and a shot to help jump start ovulation.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Make sure he is your last option because every cost will add up.
He seems like he is there to do his job to get me pregnant
Amazing women!!
About $2,000
I really liked how Dr. Moutos helped educate me on the whole process.
Treated 2015 - 2017
Dr. Moutos was very knowledgeable but he didn't always have the best bedside manner. He was very blunt and direct. I appreciate the directness however I felt like he could have had better delivery when communicating with me.... Each time I would go in for a visit I would tell Dr. Moutos that I had some questions whether I did at the time or not. That way after he performed the ultrasound he would give me and my husband some time alone while I got dressed. We used that time to get our thoughts together to determine what questions we had (we always ended up having questions.) He would come back in a few minutes later to answer my questions.
The front desk [Arkansas Fertility Ctr] is not knowledgeable, friendly, or easy to communicate with. The clinic is open on weekends and most holidays so that they can always get you in when you need to be seen for procedures.... The nurses were very nice and compassionate. However, when going through IUI I had to call the general nurses phone number and always had to leave a message. I felt like we played a lot of phone tag. I also don't feel that the doctors always communicated well with the nurses.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate, do your research, and ask questions. Each time I would go in for a visit I would tell Dr. Moutos that I had some questions whether I did at the time or not. That way after he performed the ultrasound he would give me and my husband some time alone while I got dressed. We used that time to get our thoughts together to determine what questions we had (we always ended up having questions.) He would come back in a few minutes later to answer my questions. However, if you don't tell him that you have questions he will leave after the ultrasound not to be seen again.
I felt like I was not always informed. The office didn't treat me like a human until I started IVF. To me, it seemed like it was all about the money spent. IUIs seemed so insignificant to them that they didn't give me hardly any information unless I asked. When we started IVF it's like their demeanor changed to treat me more like a human.
IUI- 1 round letrozole with ovidrel (Dr. Batres said letrozole was better for unexplained infertility) IUI- 3 rounds clomid with ovidrel (Dr. Moutos said we needed to produce more than the one egg letrozole would produce) IVF- Cetrotide (used instead of Lupron for cycle 2) Lupron (caused cycle to be cancelled because it caused me to produce an egg and not supress production) Gonal-F Menopur Ovidrel Follistim
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The nurses were very nice and compassionate. However, when going through IUI I had to call the general nurses phone number and always had to leave a message. I felt like we played a lot of phone tag. I also don't feel that the doctors always communicated well with the nurses. When I went through IVF, I would call the IVF nurse directly and had much better communication with her.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk is not knowledgeable, friendly, or easy to communicate with. The clinic is open on weekends and most holidays so that they can always get you in when you need to be seen for procedures.
I believe that IUIs were around $1500 each. I think IVF was around $18,000 but they did offer a discount if the 1st round wasn't successful and you needed to do a 2nd round.
Our doctor recommended eSET but let us choose. We chose to transfer 2 embryos. He said that was our choice and he was ok with our decision. He felt that it would still be safe to transfer 2 embryos but of course would not let us transfer more.
Treated 2016 - 2017
The doses were high for my age. After the first cycle [with Dr. Moutos] yielded slightly fewer eggs than average for my age we upped the doses for the second cycle. That second cycle was worse overall than the first and produced even fewer eggs of poorer quality. We still managed to get 1 PGS normal blastocyst from each cycle though... I got to see Dr. Moutos frequently... We tend to ask a lot of questions and he always took the time to answer them and gave us answers we were satisfied with. We also appreciated that he did not sugarcoat anything.
The IVF coordinator [at Arkansas Fertility Center], Debby, took an interest in our lives and we felt she was rooting for us. We loved some of the nurses who joined us for ultrasound monitoring and performed our blood draws. We became especially close to some of them. We found the nurses on the surgical side to be highly compassionate. Once you get to egg retrieval and transfer time you might be stressed out. We found the nurses on that side to be calming and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
My husband and I both found Dr. Moutos to be very smart and knowledgeable. We tend to ask a lot of questions and he always took the time to answer them and gave us answers we were satisfied with. We also appreciated that he did not sugarcoat anything. He gave us clear instructions and expectations. We did 2 egg retrievals with Dr. Moutos. Both under the same protocol. Our results were average to poor for my age but each time we produced 1 viable PGS tested embryo. Dr. Moutos performed both of our frozen embryo transfers and they went smoothly. He is very skilled in my opinion. Sadly neither resulted in a pregnancy despite all conditions being “perfect.” I would recommend Dr. Moutos to anyone who wants a doctor that is straightforward and knowledgeable. He may not hug you or show much emotion but he is there to help you get results.
Have clear questions prepared for Dr. Moutos when you see and talk to him. He tends to move quickly but if you have specific questions he will take the time to answer them.
This practice is small and I got to see Dr. Moutos frequently. I also developed positive relationships with the nurses and support staff. They all knew our story and seemed to care about our outcome which made me feel more like a human and not a number.
For both of my IVF cycles we used an antogonist protocol. Dr. Moutos thought this would give us the best chance at high quality eggs on a shorter medication protocol. The doses were high for my age. After the first cycle yielded slightly fewer eggs than average for my age we upped the doses for the second cycle. That second cycle was worse overall than the first and produced even fewer eggs of poorer quality. We still managed to get 1 PGS normal blastocyst from each cycle though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby)
Overall we loved the nursing staff. Even though it’s a smaller clinic they do see a lot of patients as it is the only IVF clinic in the entire state. So as a patient you must stay on top of your own care to ensure nothing slips through the cracks. The IVF coordinator, Debby, took an interest in our lives and we felt she was rooting for us. We loved some of the nurses who joined us for ultrasound monitoring and performed our blood draws. We became especially close to some of them. We found the nurses on the surgical side to be highly compassionate. Once you get to egg retrieval and transfer time you might be stressed out. We found the nurses on that side to be calming and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I think the doctors and nurses are the clinic’s primary strength. Dr. Moutos was our primary doctor but we also saw his partner Dr. Batres during monitoring. Both are very smart. Dr. Batres will take more time with you. But we loved Dr. Moutos and trusted him. The nurses are also great. We found them to be compassionate and helpful when we needed questions answered in person or in the patient portal. We personally think the lab could be a weakness to this clinic. If you are interested in PGS or PGD testing you may want to find a clinic that performs a lot of embryo biopsies as this clinic does not.
I believe the first round of IVF was about $11-$12K. The second round was about $7K I believe. We felt the prices were very fair. I believe a frozen embryo transfer cycle was $3K. These costs do not include medications or PGS testing.
Dr. Moutos very strongly encouraged us to do eSET. We were doing PGS testing so we felt comfortable only transferring 1 embryo each time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
We had 40% of our embryos show inconclusive results after PGS. That was an exceptionally high rate. We do not know if it was because the clinic’s lab did not get an adequate biopsy, the testing lab had something go wrong, or if there was something else happening with the embryos. We are changing clinic’s for our 3rd IVF cycle just so we can see the difference that a different lab makes.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Moutos is a wonderful doctor! He's very knowledgeable and is very good at what he does! Dr Moutos sees a ton of patients, so wait time is sometimes long. But, he always gives each patient the time he/she needs & answers any questions. Dr. Moutos is a compassionate and caring doctor who truly cares about his patient's needs. I am currently 9 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins thanks to Dr. Moutos! We will be forever grateful!...Trust him & his plan. He is a very good doctor!
Debby and all the nursing staff [at AR Fert and Gyn] were absolutely wonderful! They listened to my concerns, helped me keep track of all my medications, & were compassionate towards my needs. They always returned my calls in a timely manner...Full IVF cycle cost $12,000 not including mess. Mess ranged from $1,500 - $2,500 total per cycle...We are beyond grateful for Dr Moutos & his staff!...Dr. Moutos was always great about finding us the least expensive option.
How was your experience with Dean Moutos at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Trust him & his plan. He is a very good doctor!
When I first saw Dr. Moutos in April 2015, he diagnosed me with hypothalamic amenorrhea/anovulatory disorder. He started with the least expensive treatment - 3 rounds of Clomid. When this did not make me ovulate, he switched to injectables - Follistim & low dose HCG. My first cycle with these drugs, we did timed intercourse. I did indeed ovulate but did not become pregnant. My next cycle, I switched to Gonal-F instead of Follistim because of the huge price difference (Dr. Moutos was always great about finding us the least expensive option). This time I got overstimulated for a timed intercourse cycle, so Dr M gave us the option of converting to IVF or aborting the cycle. We chose to convert to IVF. We continued with the Gonal F, low dose HCG, & triggered with Ovidrel for our last minute IVF cycle. This was very overwhelming as we did not have time to think about it. Dr Moutos was very reassuring and walked us through all the steps. We had our egg retrieval in August 2015 & retrieved 7 eggs, 3 of which fertilized. Dr Moutos assured us this was pretty good considering we did not start out aggressive like a typical IVF cycle. We ended up with 1 embryo to transfer on day 5 & ended up getting pregnant! Unfortunately, we miscarried at 6 1/2 weeks due to blighted ovum. We were devastated, but Dr M again gave us our options & said that he would not give up. It took my body 7 weeks to recover from the miscarriage. We ended up using medication to progress it along. We opted out of a D&C. In November 2015 we did IVF cycle 2. This time we started aggressive with the Gonal F & low dose HCG. I also used Cetrotide & triggered with Ovidrel. On November 22, 2015 we had our egg retrieval. This time we retrieved 13 eggs & 7 fertilized! Unfortunately, we ended up doing a freeze all cycle due to OHSS- I had a lot of fluid in my abdomen & my lining was really thin. Dr M walked us through this telling us the best option was to do a frozen cycle later on when my uterus was ready to take them. We froze 3 grade 1 excellent embryos. We planned on doing our FET in January 2017 but it ended up getting pushed back bc my lining would not thicken on estrogen alone. So Dr Moutos gave us another option - to try a vaginal Viagra suppository (he was able to find this at s very good price for us, thank goodness). This along with the estrogen patches did the trick! My lining was thicker than it's ever been! In March 2027, we did our FET. We transferred 2 embryos & both took. We are currently 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins! Dr. Moutos has released us but is still monitoring my estrogen & progesterone levels (I will continue estrogen patches & progesterone in oil injections until 12 weeks). We are beyond grateful for Dr Moutos & his staff!
Debby and all the nursing staff were absolutely wonderful! They listened to my concerns, helped me keep track of all my medications, & were compassionate towards my needs. They always returned my calls in a timely manner.
He told us the risks/benefits of both & ultimately left the decision up to us.
Treated 2012 - 2017
Dr Batres takes time with his patients and helps them to understand each step along the way. He is honest and up front. Answers all questions we have. Even when we have just wanted to move forward and just go through with IVF to have a baby, if there was something that needed to be done or if we needed to wait three months and then repeat testing that's what he would suggest we do before doing it how we just want to do it. After all he is the doctor and has been doing it for awhile. He is very personable and will actually talk to you in his office one on one at each visit versus and exam room. We see everything he puts in our office visit notes.
The strengths of the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center-Little Rock] for us is the doctors bedside manner and the location of the clinic. A weakness is not everyone in that clinic is friendly and we understand a difference in personalities but when your going through infertility and spending lots of money it is nice to come in contact with people who are empathetic.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
It may take awhile to go through testing and there may be set backs but it will work out in the long run. Just trust him
He took time to answer questions and was honest up front with us
We are going to be starting IVF soon. Don't know all of the specifics just yet but I have started on birth control and will be going for our class next Monday
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Some are not so friendly and don't take in consideration how emotional infertility is
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The strengths of the clinic for us is the doctors bedside manner and the location of the clinic. A weakness is not everyone in that clinic is friendly and we understand a difference in personalities but when your going through infertility and spending lots of money it is nice to come in contact with people who are empathetic.
1) 10,000 for IVF 2) 3,000-5,000 for medications 3) we recently learned that we have to be checked for hiv, hepatitis etc and any ultrasounds we have there once were pregnant will not be covered because they are not our obgyn. 4) labs and other testing not covered by insurance (screening) amounts vary
the least amount of embryos transferred based on quality. No more than two
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
1) When we go in for our IVF class we knew we had to pay so much that day but while we were in the clinic they said they would have to call insurance first and then let us know. They failed to tell us we actually had to provide cash that day instead of using our card. 2) we signed in for our appointment one day 40 minutes early. My husband had to give a specimen and then I had an appointment. Well we already knew Dr Batres was going to look at his results before seeing us so I went in with him and then we were going to return to the waiting room. When he was finished and we were walking to the front, I got a call from the clinic saying the nurse called me three times and was going to cancel my appointment if I didn't get right there. I was already in the clinic!
Treated 2017
He [Francisco Batres] was very upfront with potential success rates, I only felt slightly pushed straight to IVF, which we declined. I have declined cyst aspiration but when I asked questions about risk vs benefit of aspiration, i never got a clear answer. He carefully monitors me and i feel confident he will eventually get me pregnant....I have DOR diagnosis. He told me success rates are better with IVF but i wasn't ready to get into that.
[AR Fert and Gyn] Strength: knowledgeable physicians, centrally located in the state, variety of fertility treatments available Weakness: reception staff and nurses are not friendly, communication...Nurses were very uncaring. Twice I needed them to complete very specific forms, which I sent to them, and they did not do them. One nurse discouraged me from applying for grants because I’m not the type of case that would win. Had multiple issues getting return calls.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very upfront with potential success rates, I only felt slightly pushed straight to IVF, which we declined. I have declined cyst aspiration but when I asked questions about risk vs benefit of aspiration, i never got a clear answer. He carefully monitors me and i feel confident he will eventually get me pregnant.
Go somewhere else. But, since they’re the only IVF clinic in the state, you basically have no choice. So, if you do go; Ask questions. If you don't understand, keep asking. Advocate for yourself. Don’t be afraid to get confrontational if needed.
In the beginning, it felt indivualized, like our case mattered. After 3 failed IUIs, we decided to stop wasting money on IUI and start saving for IVF. That’s when the care stopped. I requested some forms to be filled out for grant applications, and the nurse didn’t do it. I was in the process of changing gynecologist and had requested my records sent to the new doctor, so the nurse refused to fill out the form. I actually won a grant a few months later and needed a medical letter from Dr Batres stating my diagnosis and need for IVF. Again, no one did anything. Messages through the portal were ignored, phone calls not returned. Three days before the deadline, I called and asked for the office manager to leave a complaint on staff. And FINALLY got my medical letter. When IVF is 15-20K, and a patient wins a grant, WHY do the nurses not want to help finialze the financial help! We realized then, that AR Fertility only wants your money and if you get pregnant, then it’s like a bonus to them.
I have DOR diagnosis. He told me success rates are better with IVF but i wasn't ready to get into that. We started IUI with 100mg clomid and ovidrel trigger. We are about to start cycle 3 doing the same since I respond well to the clomid for a DOR patient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Awful. Uncaring. Incompetent. Unfriendly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Strength: knowledgeable physicians, centrally located in the state, variety of fertility treatments available Weakness: reception staff and nurses are not friendly, communication, no completion so no need to be patient centered or caring,
Cost for IUI cycle $1200 includes all appointments, monitoring, and procedure After 1 IUI cycle, we opted to pay for appointments as we went. I had only needed 1 monitoring appointment before trigger. The billing lady told us paying as we went would cost us more, but it didn’t. Total was $200 less for us. Not everyone would save, maybe, but we did. Run the numbers yourself, don’t take their word for it. I asked for an itemized cost for IVF, which the person responding to my message, refused to give. She said 15-20K Plus Meds.

Treated 2015 - 2017
Dr. Batres spent time talking to us anytime we had questions... His accent is very thick and he speaks quickly so he is hard to understand. While he does thoroughly explain things, he uses medical terms and speaks fast opposed to “dumbing it down” for you to understand.... Started off with letrozole and then switched to clomid while doing “intercourse cycle” before switching to iui.Each month I was told there were good results to the medication but there would be no explanation to why I wasn’t getting pregnant. Then I was told the only way we could move forward was to do ivf, which we could not afford. They stopped treatments altogether and said when we were financially ready to start ivf to let them know.
Billing was always a disaster [at AK Fertility Center- LR]. Trying to schedule appointments was difficult as you could only do certain days in the mornings. Wait time is ridiculous, and they didn’t ask if I was ok with having students come in and do procedures or observe.... They would “lose proof of payments”, and didn’t amways call back. Never asked permission for students to come into your appointments. They would have you waiting in a cold room in a gown for over an hour
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions and tell him when you don’t understand something
Dr. Batres spent time talking to us anytime we had questions
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Extremely sweet and helpful. Always compassionate and understanding and would answer any questions in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Billing was always a disaster. Trying to schedule appointments was difficult as you could only do certain days in the mornings. Wait time is ridiculous, and they didn’t ask if I was ok with having students come in and do procedures or observe
My insurance covered most appointments and treatments. Just had a copay, and it would not cover certain injections I was prescribed. It did not cover xrays or the surgery I had. Also, when we reached where they wanted us to do IVF, my insurance did not cover medications needed and I was told I needed $8,000 to even begin the process
Treated 2015 - 2017
Physician [Dr. Batres] rarely remembered me even though I was there on a regular basis. Without any medical reason he recommended IVF. Made me feel like they just wanted money. He was also very unsympathetic and displayed a lack of caring or empathy...laughs at inappropriate times and made me feel like he really wasn’t interested in my issues. I was seen in this clinic for 2-3 years and also felt uncomfortable as a patient. Dr Batres and his partner are not patient advocates at all. They give the impression that they are in it for the money and do not care about their patients feeling or emotions.
I was prescribed something [by Arkansas Fertility Center] that I had a reaction to. I had to call repeatedly to get a nurse to call me back and then she couldn’t offer any alternatives. I had to see out an alternative medication at a compounding pharmacy on my own. The clinic also scheduled my HSG procedure at the wrong hospital. When I showed up at the correct hospital they had no record of me even though the dr and I were both there waiting for procedure room. I was able to get the HSG done but it caused a delay in the procedure.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He is not a good communicator which is partly due to a language barrier. He also laughs at inappropriate times and made me feel like he really wasn’t interested in my issues. I was seen in this clinic for 2-3 years and also felt uncomfortable as a patient. Dr Batres and his partner are not patient advocates at all. They give the impression that they are in it for the money and do not care about their patients feeling or emotions.
Do not expect good communication.
Physician rarely remembered me even though I was there on a regular basis. Without any medical reason he recommended IVF. Made me feel like they just wanted money. He was also very unsympathetic and displayed a lack of caring or empathy.
I had multiple blood draws to check for thyroid issues, ANA, lupus anticoagulant, etc. Also had an HSG done and multiple rounds with fertility drugs. Received multiple vaginal US’s to look at uterus and uterine lining. Achieved pregnancy twice but miscarried both times.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Nurses did not communicate well at all. They were terrible at returning calls and explaining patient instructions. It was very clear that the patient had to be their own advocate.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Go with low expectations of being treated like an individual. Make sure you are prepared to advocate for yourself. This is one of the only fertility clinics in the state so they have many patients and quite a bit of knowledge and experience treating infertility issues. Just be aware that you won’t find much compassion or empathy there.
About 70% of my care was covered by insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
I was prescribed something that I had a reaction to. I had to call repeatedly to get a nurse to call me back and then she couldn’t offer any alternatives. I had to see out an alternative medication at a compounding pharmacy on my own. The clinic also scheduled my HSG procedure at the wrong hospital. When I showed up at the correct hospital they had no record of me even though the dr and I were both there waiting for procedure room. I was able to get the HSG done but it caused a delay in the procedure.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Batres works at the only clinic in Arkansas so if you want to pursue IVF in AR, you don't have any other options. We never moved passed the assessment stage with Dr. Batres. Things were progressing much too slowly. At every step, the would request information from past treatments that we'd already shared over. We eventually switched to Tulsa...Overall good experience with the Dr. Batres. He was patient and thorough. He does have an accent that makes it a little hard to understand. He also draws upside down while he's discussing your assessment which was distracting for my husband. Poor experience with the clinic and nurses.
The primary issue was that the clinic [Arkansas Fertility Center] telling me to get the results for procedures I'd already had completed. They failed to check the files I'd sent the previously. Every time I called they asked for new information. They severely delayed me...Overall good experience with the Dr. Batres. He was patient and thorough. He does have an accent that makes it a little hard to understand. He also draws upside down while he's discussing your assessment which was distracting for my husband. Poor experience with the clinic and nurses.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I would ensure that you're educated on your diagnosis and very well researched. He does talk quickly so you have to keep up.
Dr. Batres did personally complete his assessment and fill out the forms himself instead of the nurse. I did like that. He made took his time and made sure to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember)
The entire staff was terrible. There was a lack of responsiveness. No one returned phone calls. No one did any follow-through with things they said they would do. My first appointment was delayed by 3 hours and didn't begin until about 30mins before closing. Everyone was rude, didn't care if I was there or not, and seem to simply hate their jobs.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Don't expect anyone to call you back. Your follow-up will be key. Know you patient files better than them.
I only paid for the initial visit and I don't remember the exact amount.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arkansas Fertility Center.
The primary issue was that the clinic telling me to get the results for procedures I'd already had completed. They failed to check the files I'd sent the previously. Every time I called they asked for new information. They severely delayed me.