ARMS

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Gilbert
2730 S. Val Vista Dr.
Gilbert, AZ 85295
1701 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85016
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ARMS to a friend?
2 doctors
2012 - 2017
Employees [at ARMS] sometimes argued in front of patients. Phlebotomists did not label vials in front of patient until I brought that to Dr Moffitt 'a attention. Scheduling was easy. Wait time was very low...I felt like the written protocol was confusing and hard to follow. Sometimes Tabitha took longer to respond to me via email and voice mail than expected. When my husband expressed to her that I was feeling lost and like they didn't care, she stepped up her game and was much more responsive. Whenever o dealt with Gail she was amazing.
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with ARMS.
Employees sometimes argued in front of patients. Phlebotomists did not label vials in front of patient until I brought that to Dr Moffitt 'a attention. Scheduling was easy. Wait time was very low.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
Dr Moffitt provided good information, but also omitted information that I feel would have helped me make better informed decisions. He however was responsive to my concerns and had regulated lab procedures that were not being followed by phlebotomists fixed when I brought them to his attention. He provided his cell phone so I could call him directly if needed. I felt like the nurses sometime took a bit too long to respond, but that could have just been from IVF induced anxiety.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ARMS. (Assigned nurse: Tabitha)
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
Drew was a straight shooter, but I felt like his bedside manner was lacking a bit. If a patient is looking for a lot of hand holding, this may not be the doctor for them. Ultimately I had a positive pregnancy test with my first FET and we got more eggs than he expected, so I'm overall satisfied. He also responded to my calls and texts after hours and on weekends. I just always felt like a nuisance when contacting him directly. I suppose that's my own issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
Do research in advance so you know what questions to ask as you may not be fully informed when leaving the office.
Describe the protocols Drew Moffitt used in your cycles at ARMS and their degree of success.
Age 38. For egg retrieval 900iu of Follistim. Lupron instead of birth control due to prior DVT. hCG. Vitamin D (6,000 IU), prenatal, Qoq10, and DHEA (25mg, 3x daily). For FET, started with progesterone lozenges (200mg, 3x daily) and Endometrum suppositories (100mg, 3x daily). 2 Estradiol patches replaced every other day. Progesterone was only 39.4 day before transfer and he wanted it at 40, so added oral progesterone capsules (200mg, 3x daily).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Moffitt at ARMS.
Insurance paid everything after I met my out of pocket max of $5,000.
Describe Drew Moffitt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ARMS.
Dr highly encouraged eSET.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
There were a lot of additional costs that aren't covered in the initial financial visit [at ARMS]. It's hard to access how much funding you need if they don't give you a complete picture of what may be needed and the costs associated with those procedures. The person who handles the billing is probably the most unhelpful person in the entire office. If your insurance covers anything, you will need to tell her how to code it to be covered. They forget to tell you that medication is typically covered by insurance after you become pregnant, so make sure you check your insurance and get the pre-authorization sent to the clinic by your pharmacy...They communicate a lot as long as you're asking questions. It can be extremely difficult to get a hold of them. There isn't a lot of communication that starts from their end.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with ARMS.
Nothing in the process is fully explained up front in a manner that is easy to understand. I know it's complicated but pretend that I know nothing because I really didn't. There were a lot of additional costs that aren't covered in the initial financial visit. It's hard to access how much funding you need if they don't give you a complete picture of what may be needed and the costs associated with those procedures. The person who handles the billing is probably the most unhelpful person in the entire office. If your insurance covers anything, you will need to tell her how to code it to be covered. They forget to tell you that medication is typically covered by insurance after you become pregnant, so make sure you check your insurance and get the pre-authorization sent to the clinic by your pharmacy. The appointments usually start more or less on time.
Sometimes he was spot on, helpful, remembered who I am, thoughtful in his delivery of information. Other times, it's like he didn't even read the chart before coming in to see me. I know that all doctors have lots of patients but I want to be treated like the unique person I am.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ARMS. (Assigned nurse: Was Shana, now Caylyn)
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
His bedside manner could use some work and there's an issue with being consistent in how he treats you. Yes, patients on hormones are intense and/or emotional. The IVF process is hard to go through. Just a bit more sympathy would go a long way. Also, we asked a lot of questions and at least half the time were blown off with "that's really not necessary to answer" or something similar. Maybe it's not something to him because he knows but it's our first time, so we have a lot of questions that should be answered, silly or not.
Nice guy, good at his job, but don't expect any sort of coddling.
The egg retrieval was done very smoothly. I didn't initially have enough of one medication and then I ended up with too much of a different medication. But the appointments went smoothly and the instructions for doing the injections was easy enough. I produced a lot of eggs but when they reduce by half each step of the process, I didn't end of with many viable embryos.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Moffitt at ARMS.
I believe in total between care & medications, I have spent somewhere near $20,000.00.
He prefers single transfer as often as possible. We forced his hand on a double transfer and he will not transfer more than two embryos at a time.
Phoenix
The clinic [ARMS- Phoenix] can schedule you in on short notice which is nice. Also, they work hard to make sure you know all the financial information before you undergo any treatment.... The nurses are so sweet and I don’t feel anxious or embarrassed around them... The clinic gave me a prescription that was conflicting and my date of birth was wrong so when I went to the pharmacy to submit the prescription they declined it and by that time the office was closed, so I had to wait until the next business day to get everything straightened out with the clinic.
European, Prefer not to answer
Describe your experience with ARMS.
The only thing I would say is to make sure you know what your insurance does and does not cover but honestly this advice goes for any clinic you decide to attend. The clinic can schedule you in on short notice which is nice. Also, they work hard to make sure you know all the financial information before you undergo any treatment.
He calls me personally to check and schedule appointments rather than the secretary. You can tell he really cares.
The nurses are so sweet and I don’t feel anxious or embarrassed around them
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
He had strong morals and I like that about him. His whole goal to to create families so he is very cafefull when discussing the “is it me or him?”. Rather than thinking that, he says that whatever the problem is... it is something that the couple goes through unitedly. He will help in anyway he can to get schedules to work out.
Ask lots of questions. And he will answer them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Moffitt at ARMS.
If you’re in the Mesa Gilbert Phoenix area I feel like their prices are lower compared with surrounding Dr’s.
10 Eggs Frozen
The nursing staff [at AZ Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is amazing. My questions were usually answered through them. They were kind and usually remembered who I was. Cynthia remembered which arm for blood drawing and gave me tips on how to keep my blood flowing.... If you like to be walked through everything or have everything explained to you, he might not be the right doctor.
10 Eggs Frozen
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with ARMS.
I like just about everything. I just wish that my doctor was better at communication and less reserved,
He wasn't very talkative and just did what he had to do, though, he always remembered my name.
The nursing staff is amazing. My questions were usually answered through them. They were kind and usually remembered who I was. Cynthia remembered which arm for blood drawing and gave me tips on how to keep my blood flowing.
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
He is a very dry person. He did not seem to speak much to me as a patient except at the consultation. He has a tendency to jump into things without giving you a simplified version. He is good at what he does though and maximized my egg retrival. Towards my egg retrieval day he was extremely friendly and had more of a helpful and excited tone.
I had a total of 11 days of stims. He was able to retrieve 28 eggs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Moffitt at ARMS.
I have insurance and was able to pay 3200 out of pocket so far.
I like the fact that he likes to transfer two embryos.
Gilbert
2009 - 2011
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Johnson [at ARMS] always runs behind schedule, sometimes significantly so, so plan accordingly... I was supposed to get my first ultrasound confirming pregnancy there during my donor egg IVF cycle -- they were my monitoring clinic because we cycled out of state - and they made an error in scheduling the ultrasound appointment.
2009 - 2011
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at ARMS?
I seldom saw Dr. Johnson himself: more often I saw one of his nurses, as they performed nearly all ultrasounds and even the IUIs. When I actually saw Dr. Johnson, he was very kind and knowledgeable and had a good bedside manner.
What specific things went wrong at ARMS?
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at ARMS?
Dr. Johnson is kind and compassionate. He is very smart in an absent-minded professor sort of way. I understand that he and his wife also required IVF to conceive, so I believe that gives him a greater understanding of what his patients are going through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at ARMS?
He always runs behind schedule, sometimes significantly so, so plan accordingly
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at ARMS and their degree of success.
We started with Clomid only, then moved to Clomid plus IUI and added Follistim after two cycles. After six failed treatment cycles, IVF was recommended, but we chose not to move forward with IVF using my eggs because the only explanation Dr. Johnson ever gave for our unexplained infertility was that I must have "old eggs" and because the success rates for women in my age range doing IVF at his clinic were low.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at ARMS.
I honestly don't remember precisely. I think our insurance paid for a portion of the first three IUIs and then we had to pay out of pocket 100% after that
Mark Johnson
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
They [ARMS - Phoenix] all seem to have good communication what I can tell so far. they are up to date on technology which I love. emails are sometimes easier. they always have answered the phone and called back if i needs further info. website is really organized... We got an amazing first responder discount through them....I absolutely love love love my nurse. she always replies to my emails.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with ARMS.
They all seem to have good communication what I can tell so far. they are up to date on technology which I love. emails are sometimes easier. they always have answered the phone and called back if i needs further info. website is really organized
he called me a couple of times after hours to answer my questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at ARMS. (Assigned nurse: tabitha)
I absolutely love love love my nurse. she always replies to my emails. she talks to me like a human being not just a number. she allowed me to call after hours because my school schedule is crazy.
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
He seemed very knowledgeable, which is why i’m flying from MT to AZ to see him. He wanted to know my whole story and what my thoughts and feelings were on everything. he went into great detail on everything.
Ask questions, he will answer everything is great detail
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Moffitt at ARMS.
We got an amazing first responder discount through them. the cost in AZ is half of what it is in MT. I will be paying the clinic $6000, plus whatever I have to pay the pharmacy for the meds
Phoenix
Dr. Moffitt [at ARMS] explained his own struggle with fertility and how it influenced why he got into his practice. He was very methodical, but always treated me like a real person, not a number....Dr. Moffitt explained his own struggle with fertility and how it influenced why he got into his practice. He was very methodical, but always treated me like a real person, not a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ARMS. (Assigned nurse: Juanita and Shayna)
I LOVED both Juanita and Shayna. Juanita especially was just awesome. Completely compassionate, gave explanations when I needed it, went above and beyond to help me through the process. She made my experience a wonderful one.
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
Dr. Moffitt is very good at what he does and I felt very comfortable going to his office. His strengths are his knowledge and understanding. He was available to me whenever I had a question about treatment and next steps. I would have liked to have been communicated with even more, as the whole process was new and I didn't always know what to expect.
Ask a ton of questions. He has a lot of great knowledge about the process.
Around $15,000
IUI, 1 IVF
Didn't really have any kind of relationship or connection with the doctor [Moffit] or staff [ARMS]. It felt more like a process of checking boxes and following directions on a piece of paper rather than having felt like I was well informed and having people guide me through the process. And maybe that's because it was such an overwhelming process for me and I didn't really know what to say or ask....[Nurses] They were wonderful and seemed to genuinely care about me and the practice.
IUI, 1 IVF
Didn't really have any kind of relationship or connection with the doctor or staff. It felt more like a process of checking boxes and following directions on a piece of paper rather than having felt like I was well informed and having people guide me through the process. And maybe that's because it was such an overwhelming process for me and I didn't really know what to say or ask. I know many other patients who loved the staff and had a better experience so I can't help but wonder if it was just me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ARMS.
They were wonderful and seemed to genuinely care about me and the practice.
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
Dr Moffit seemed very well informed and I was confident in his abilities. He took a lot of time with us in our initial appointments and I felt that I could trust his recommendations. He was nice but not overly friendly.
Ask questions and be informed.
Dr Moffit strongly recommended a singleton transfer in my case. He was informative and I felt he knew what was best in my situation and I did not worry I was making the wrong decision in just transferring one embryo.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
He is a kind helpful man who in the end helped us have a family. Dr Moffitt helped us more then we could ever explain and we will come back again with number two. He was very knowledgeable and understanding that we had questions and needed help finding the answers. He was rarely late and always had general hands...He always listened and made us feel welcomed in the office [ARMS]. We were new to a diagnosis and new to feeling the pain of losing a child. He never once made me feel rushed and always had me leave feeling full of information
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
He always listened and made us feel welcomed in the office. We were new to a diagnosis and new to feeling the pain of losing a child. He never once made me feel rushed and always had me leave feeling full of information
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at ARMS?
Be patient, it's not going to happen over one night