Genetic counseling: Offered
214-414-3806
7515 S. Main Street
Houston, TX 77030
713.491.2792
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aspire Fertility to a friend?

3 doctors
2019 - 2020
No explanation was given to me [by Dr. Obehi Asemota] about my treatment strategy...You won't see her that often. I've been up to this location several times and have only seen her 6 times. I've read others reviews about Dr. Asemota giving them her phone number but that wasn't my experience. She is nice however...11 eggs turned into 1 embryo at blastocyst...2nd try: (I advise I would like more eggs retrieved ) Gonal-F 300 units Low-Dose hCG 10 units Ganirelix Aspirin 81 mg-continue daily Prenatal vitamins daily-continue Results: 11 eggs again, still pending results
the staff [at Aspire Fertility] doesn't typically explain why they are asking you to do something...No explanation was given to me about my treatment strategy...Nursing staff is great. However my coordinator never officially introduced herself and when she sees me in person she doesn't speak. She also doesn't explain the reasons behind the course of actions I have to take. Also when it came time for my 2nd egg retrieval she was in the room on her phone standing in front of me while my legs were spread open in stirrups. That made me uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Ask questions and be persistent...You won't get answers to questions with asking... meaning the staff doesn't typically explain why they are asking you to do something.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Any time I was at the office the nurses took their time-
Describe the protocols Obehi Asemota used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
No explanation was given to me about my treatment strategy: 1st time: Gonal-F 175 units and Low-Dose hCG 5 units, Ganirelix Aspirin 81 mg-continue daily Prenatal vitamins daily-continue Results: 11 eggs turned into 1 embryo at blastocyst 2nd try: (I advise I would like more eggs retrieved ) Gonal-F 300 units Low-Dose hCG 10 units Ganirelix Aspirin 81 mg-continue daily Prenatal vitamins daily-continue Results: 11 eggs again, still pending results
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristy )
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Ask questions, try to get the 7:30am appointments the office is typically empty then. The equipment is new so that's a plus and the facility is always clean. The nurses always make sure their hands are clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility.
Describe Obehi Asemota's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
Preferred single
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility.
I was randomly scheduled a 2nd sonohysterogram without being informed of the reason why- I had to ask if there was an issue to be advised that they saw a polyp the 1st time (no one informed me during the 1st exam) and wanted to see if it went away.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The nursing staff [Aspire Fertility] was always warm and friendly! They made a very uncomfortable situation bearable. I’m grateful to have such a great team that’s compassionate and always available to answer my questions.... The clinic is not in a stand alone building. It’s in a corporate building. I was taken aback by this, but it worked out fine. There’s a free parking garage with guest parking.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Dr Obehi Osemota gave me realistic expectations, but at the same time I had hope even though the odds were against me based on my numbers. She assured me throughout the process that things can change and we aren’t out the dark. Things changed instantly, however going through a cycle with a transfer has given me insight of what to expect. Unfortunately, I have to have another surgery to remove the fibroids and was given the choice to go through another cycle to retrieve more eggs since we are left with only one embryo. Ideally, we would love to since either case I must have surgery prior to transferring the remaining embryo. Dr Asemota provided me with all my options at every given time. I’ve had several surgeries during this process and to think I need to have another one is overwhelming, however I know that I am in good hands and will remain optimistic of what is to come. I’m grateful to have a straightforward doctor that listens to my concerns and provide me with realistic feedback. I’m well informed about what’s happening with my IVF journey.
Ask questions, be open and honest. Do not be afraid to voice your concerns and ask the things that are lingering in your head. Your doctor should provide you with honest professional feedback even if it’s something that may not be pleasing to you. I would also say be patient with yourself. It’s easy to want to rush things, however nothing happens before it’s time. This will save you from a world of headache.
The office in Atlanta is the extension of the clinic in Houston, Texas. It’s relatively new and pretty small. The staff are great with communication and keeping one in the loop even when things may get a little hectic. My situation is a challenging case. My numbers were sky high and even though we haven’t hit the end goal as of yet, Dr Asemota surpassed what she originally thought. She wanted me to try for the sake of my sanity and my body produced more than expected. We hit many road bumps during this journey, but the human factor remained. Prior to IVF, I needed to remove my remaining tube, because it was blocked. After my egg retrieval, it took my body some time to heal. Right before transfer at my baseline appointment, we notice spotting, so I was canceled. I was devastated, however Dr Asemota explained to me why it wouldn’t be a good environment to transfer and requested for a saline ultrasound along with an endometriosis biopsy to be done to assure there aren’t any infection. Everything came back normal and we proceeded with the transfer earlier this year. Everything seemed to be perfect, but we didn’t implant and she wanted to do a hysteroscopy to look inside my uterus. We found out although I do not have fibroids inside my uterus, they are protruding in my uterus which may be the cause of the failed IVF cycle. She called me directly to give me the news and was so calm and reassuring that we still have hope with our 1 remaining embryo.
My case required an aggressive form of IVF with high dosage of meds. The protocol started with birth control then afterwards I had to start taking GonalF-450IU, Chorionic Gonad and Cetrotide prior to egg retrieval. My body responded pretty well under this protocol. She was concerned with my numbers that I may not respond, but I was a fast responder to the meds prescribed. Prior to egg retrieval she prescribed Azithromycin, baby aspirin, low-hcg 10IU for the trigger shot. For transfer, I took estradiol 2mg 3 times per day, along with estradiol patches(changed every 3 days), baby aspirin, and progesterone in oil IM shots at night.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility.
The nursing staff was always warm and friendly! They made a very uncomfortable situation bearable. I’m grateful to have such a great team that’s compassionate and always available to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic is fairly new and during my time there staff overturn was happening and things got a bit hectic during that time. With anything new it’s possible to happen since people are feeling out positions etc. Since then it has become more settled, better systems are put in place such as the automated phone system. The clinic is not in a stand alone building. It’s in a corporate building. I was taken aback by this, but it worked out fine. There’s a free parking garage with guest parking.
1 round of IVF was $14,000 without meds. My meds ran about $5,800 more or less.
Her approach in my opinion was based on the patient’s age.
Atlanta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility.

Go in knowing that she is soft-spoken, but very clinical. She's patient and kind, but not warm. ... I have low ovarian reserve, so egg retrieval wasn't a huge amount. Dr.Asemota was very supportive of a second retrieval and we were so lucky to get a number of embryos we were happy with and ready for transfer. ... She's obviously incredibly intelligent, knows what she is doing and is trustworthy. She was always honest with us.
... suddenly a year later , they [Aspire Fertility] said they DON'T accept our United Insurance. This has left us in a financial mess. Billing has outright lied to my husband. Because of their error we are closing in on a time sensitive medication deadline for embryo transfer and I am unable to even get my prescriptions. No one will call my husband back. ... Brandy my phlebotomist is basically my favorite person ever. Niecey and Vernita were always very kind. Melody at the front desk was always nice and remembered my name when I walked in.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
I was really impressed with Dr.Asemota! She's obviously incredibly intelligent, knows what she is doing and is trustworthy. She was always honest with us. I appreciated how patient she was when I was upset over a result. She has handed me tissues while I cried and told me that it would all be okay, I just needed to keep my head up.
Go in knowing that she is soft-spoken, but very clinical. She's patient and kind, but not warm. I actually appreciated her bedside manner, but I am a person who likes someone to tell me the truth nicely. She does that with no frills.
Dr.Asemota was very kind and attentive. She is a great doctor.
It was suggested that we try IUI first. I had my fallopian tubes evaluated, they were open and normal so we proceeded with 5 IUI cycles, we had one chemical pregnancy which was devastating, then 4 negatives then we moved onto IVF. I have low ovarian reserve, so egg retrieval wasn't a huge amount. Dr.Asemota was very supportive of a second retrieval and we were so lucky to get a number of embryos we were happy with and ready for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristy Sutton)
Kristy has been very good about answering questions. While we were going through the cycle she was willing to call us back on the weekend while the clinic was closed. I really appreciate her approach and her kindness.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful, in house lab, Brandy my phlebotomist is basically my favorite person ever. Niecey and Vernita were always very kind. Melody at the front desk was always nice and remembered my name when I walked in. Weaknesses: We were told from the start that our insurance was accepted. Even on their own website they say Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment "Aspire Fertility accepts all health insurance. If your insurer covers a fertility treatment, you will be able to choose us." yet, they started off by telling us we were on track and then suddenly a year later , they said they DON'T accept our United Insurance. This has left us in a financial mess. Billing has outright lied to my husband. Because of their error we are closing in on a time sensitive medication deadline for embryo transfer and I am unable to even get my prescriptions. No one will call my husband back. He was promised a call from their primary billing office in Houston last week and again a follow up today. He has called them, they have not called him back. I have requested my medical records and embryology reports, I just want to see them. I expected that we would have this billing worked out by now, we want them to be paid. I was told that I would have those and an embryologist reach out to me today. Nothing. Even if they are going to be late, I wish they would just tell us that is what is happening. I've been sobbing for a week because I know that our future is in jeopardy. No one should have to endure this. The process is hard, but this is heartbreaking and for no reason. It isn't kind, it isn't fair, it isn't just, it isn't honest, and it's 100% the fault of billing. I place no blame on the care team. They were wonderful, but they aren't able to console me if they aren't allowed to talk to me because billing won't correspond and coordinate with my husband to reopen that line of communication. I'm sobbing as I write this now. My heart is broken. We are so very close to the goal, and now it may all be gone.
Since billing didn't file anything correctly and then denies the insurance was ever accepted, although we have written confirmation of such, I don't know. I just know that they won't call us back to help us settle appropriately.
I really liked Dr.Asemota's honesty. She obviously was looking out for our best chance to get pregnant and suggested 2 embryo transfer. We agreed with her.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility.
Billing has literally stopped everything. What was running smoothly for the most part has grinded to a complete halt. BILLING refuses to communicate. As a result, it seems that the lab is unwilling to communicate as I was told I would hear from them today. No medical records, no embryology reports.... I literally have nothing. All I know is that I have 6 embryos waiting. No idea what grades...no idea if I will ever even get to meet them.
Atlanta

Dr. Asemota is a wonderful doctor. She is always open to answer questions and if she is not in the building the nurse would provide her my questions and she would email me the answer and if it was something where I needed to speak to her via phone she would call me. When I went through my miscarriage she called me in the middle of the night to check on me...I knew and understood every step.
The whole staff [at Aspire Fertility] was caring. When I was going through my miscarriage the nurse made sure she came to check on me and apologized for me going through what I was. She answered any questions I had and if she didn't have the answer she made sure she found out and got back to me...I pay through my app called Glow. The app provided discounted cost...The only weakness I noticed was when I had my d and c I was given much directions on what I need to do right after the procedure. However, when I called they made sure I understood and followed back up with me.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Make sure you write all your questions down, because I hated after I left the clinic I thought of a question that I couldn't remember while talking to her.
At this fertility clinic they make it a priority to remember the names of each of their clients. So as soon as you walk in the door they greet you by saying your name. The whole staff including the nurses made it feel like a family.
When I began my IUI cycle the procedure was broken down and a calendar was provided to show me the dates of when I would come back, when I would take shots, etc. I knew and understood every step.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline )
The whole staff was caring. When I was going through my miscarriage the nurse made sure she came to check on me and apologized for me going through what I was. She answered any questions I had and if she didn't have the answer she made sure she found out and got back to me.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
I pay through my app called Glow. The app provided discounted cost.
I didn't do IVF therefore we did not discuss this. However, I'm positive if I went that route everything would have been explained and any concerns I would have would be taken into consideration.
Atlanta

Dr. Asemota was wonderful to work with. ... She was very honest and recommended that I try IUI before I tried IVF since my insurance does not cover IVF. I really appreciate her honesty. ... She was so helpful and kind during all of the visits, assured me when I was nervous and emotional, and prayed for me that it would all work out. ... She said if it did not work after 3 tries, that I should go for the IVF procedure.
It is state of the art, the labs are clean, the rooms are clean and beautiful, and the staff is friendly, helpful and encouraging. I highly recommend Aspire. ... Jaclyn [nurse] was wonderful to work with. She knew I was a nervous wreck with the blood work and she was so gentle and kind and helped me stay calm. She answered all my questions (in person and through the portal) in a timely and professional and encouraging manner.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Dr. Asemota was kind, professional, knowledgeable, caring, thorough, on time, and encouraging. She was very honest about my chances of conceiving and what I should try first and was so encouraging through the whole process. I really enjoyed having her as a doctor. I never felt rushed, never felt like I left confused, and always looked forward to my next apt.
Be prepared for an emotional roller coaster with any infertility treatment but find comfort in knowing that the doctor and nurses at Aspire are the kindest and most helpful individuals who all want the same thing that you do, for you to have a beautiful and healthy baby :)
Dr. Asemota was wonderful to work with. She was so kind and caring and gave me hope that I could successfully have a baby one day. She explained to me that due to my diagnosis I would most likely need IUI or IVF. She was very honest and recommended that I try IUI before I tried IVF since my insurance does not cover IVF. I really appreciate her honesty. She was so helpful and kind during all of the visits, assured me when I was nervous and emotional, and prayed for me that it would all work out. Even though my IUI was unsuccessful, she encouraged me that we could try again when we were ready. I look forward to trying again one day and hope to try IVF with her. I highly recommend her and Aspire Fertility. Everyone there was so friendly, helpful and positive. They made a very emotional experience as positive as it could be.
Dr. Asemoto suggested that I try IUI first since I had not gone through any infertility treatments yet. She was hopeful that it could work for me since my tubes were clear (I had a procedure done there to make sure that they were). She said if it did not work after 3 tries, that I should go for the IVF procedure. My insurance does not cover any procedure so any procedure is costly for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jaclyn)
Jaclyn was wonderful to work with. She knew I was a nervous wreck with the blood work and she was so gentle and kind and helped me stay calm. She answered all my questions (in person and through the portal) in a timely and professional and encouraging manner.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic is absolutely beautiful! It is located in the King Building in Atlanta. The decor is new and gorgeous. It is state of the art, the labs are clean, the rooms are clean and beautiful, and the staff is friendly, helpful and encouraging. I highly recommend Aspire.
$1400 for IUI not including cost of meds and diagnostic testing.
n/a I did not do this.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Asemota] was very upfront and compassionate about my infertility issues. She made me feel like there was hope for my situation. I always left out feeling like she had my best interest. She would always take me to her personal office to discuss my options instead of just coming into the examining room. So that always made me feel comfortable with opening up to her.
There has been a few times where I forgot what the Dr told me and I was able to reach out to Nicole [nurse at Aspire Fertility] by phone or email and she always returned my call or email immediately...Friendly and welcoming environment. All the staff are very nice. They provide snacks and drink for you and your family are waiting. If I remember correctly they even have space for children. I must admit that they are located in this huge building along with other corporate offices, where if a security guard is not sitting at the front desk when you first come in you wouldn't know how to utilize the elevator or find the company.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
She was very upfront and compassionate about my infertility issues. She made me feel like there was hope for my situation. I always left out feeling like she had my best interest. She would always take me to her personal office to discuss my options instead of just coming into the examining room. So that always made me feel comfortable with opening up to her.
Take your significant other with you to all appointments.
I felt like her and her staff took out the time to explain the process to me step by step. They gave myself and my spouse vital information on why my egg count was low and gave us hope at the same time.
I haven't gotten that far in the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicloe and Celeste )
There has been a few times where I forgot what the Dr told me and I was able to reach out to Nicole by phone or email and she always returned my call or email immediately even during COVID19.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Asemota has never rushed an appointment with us. She always fully explain everything to us from risk to expectations. She doesn’t listen to respond she listens to understand and explain.... My Protocol was really simple. I’ll start with the vitamins. (1) 6000IU Vitamin D (2) NeoQ10 Softgel capsules (1) Geritiol Tablet (1) Baby Asprin As far as the heavy stuff I stimmed for 12 days Days 1-3 75IU Menopur & 250IU Gonal F Days 4-6 150IU Menopur & 300IU Gonal F Days 7-12 150IU Menopur &300IU Gonal F & Cetrotide Triggered on Day 13 20 Eggs Retrieved 16 eggs successfully fertilized via ICSI 13 Embryos (10 Day 5 blastocysts 3 Day 6 blastocysts )
Aspire Fertility Center does not feel like a Doctors office. They care, they’re open and easy to speak with. Dr. Asemota and her tesm are amazing!... My Protocol was really simple. I’ll start with the vitamins. (1) 6000IU Vitamin D (2) NeoQ10 Softgel capsules (1) Geritiol Tablet (1) Baby Asprin As far as the heavy stuff I stimmed for 12 days Days 1-3 75IU Menopur & 250IU Gonal F Days 4-6 150IU Menopur & 300IU Gonal F Days 7-12 150IU Menopur &300IU Gonal F & Cetrotide Triggered on Day 13 20 Eggs Retrieved 16 eggs successfully fertilized via ICSI 13 Embryos (10 Day 5 blastocysts 3 Day 6 blastocysts )
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Have a list with all of you questions ready when you arrive to your consult. Also have your records with you. It will make the process easier for everyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vernita)
Vernita is amazing!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Anything can happen. When it comes to fertility treatments you must be proactive, research, ask questions and don’t be afraid to ask the question “why?”. Clarity is a necessity.
I have full coverage with my insurance so our only obligation is our $30 co pay with every appointment.

2018 - 2020
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I went right into IVF [with Dr. Asemota] because I had done 2 IUIs that failed at another practice. Between my failure with IUI and starting IVF I also lost a Fallopian tube...was always willing to take time to explain everything in detail and make sure I understood what was going on as well as felt comfortable...She was very kind and treated me as if I was her own daughter. She made it a point to contact me personally to go over results and make sure I was understanding everything that was going on. There were times I wanted to sit down with her to get more information and she made time to sit with me one on one.
I think the office [Aspire Fertility] overall is amazing. It’s a calm environment and everyone makes you feel welcome. They have it set up for you to have water and snacks if you want while waiting. They accommodate you and your needs to the best of their ability...Everyone that I came in contact with was great. Kristy was very good about getting back to me in a timely manner as well as answering any questions I had in detail...I went right into IVF because I had done 2 IUIs that failed at another practice. Between my failure with IUI and starting IVF I also lost a Fallopian tube.
2018 - 2020
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Have patience
Dr. A was always willing to take time to explain everything in detail and make sure I understood what was going on as well as felt comfortable.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
I think the office overall is amazing. It’s a calm environment and everyone makes you feel welcome. They have it set up for you to have water and snacks if you want while waiting. They accommodate you and your needs to the best of their ability.
Atlanta

She [Dr. Asemota] answered questions and walked me through what we were doing. She let me set the pace. I was not pressured or bully into doing anything or buying anything. I felt welcome. Given that I do not have a partner, she welcomed my mother ... She welcomed questions and i was afraid of being up sold but she nor her staff treated me like that. They are all nice and warm.
These are nice people with spacing in the waiting room so you can talk privately. The clinic is easy to get into and out with parking. For blood work they open at 730am. If you call after hours, make you let them know which state you are calling from. Aspire has locations in several states. ... There have been up front about the prices and they are on par or below my research.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
She answered questions and walked me through what we were doing. She let me set the pace. I was not pressured or bully into doing anything or buying anything. I felt welcome. Given that I do not have a partner, she welcomed my mother
You go back a lot for blood work.
The staff is warm and welcoming. They remembered my truck was acting up and asked me about on my next visit. If you use their portal, the respond quickly.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
she said we would talk about that if i move pass iui
Atlanta

We feel extremely confident when we see Dr Acemota. She always has the answers to our questions and understand that this is new territory for us. She also will inform us if she feels rather or not she thinks something is a good idea like having twins. If your Dr. is not compassionate, knowledgeable, and eager to answer all of your questions like Dr. Acemota, you probably should try to get a appointment with her.... She demonstrated patience and empathy as well as give sound recommendations to achieve the best possible outcome. She never appeared bothered by any question and was understanding about our concerns.
[Aspire Fertility-Atlanta] Clinics strengths are organization, staff, state of the art facility, and understanding of how overwhelming the process has been. Weaknesses are really it's just a costly process but I know that the process itself is expensive.... The nursing staff was knowledgeable and friendly so far. We have no complaints at all.... Process is expensive but I suppose it is expected somewhere between 18-23k
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
The one piece of advice I would give is to ask any question that crosses your mine no matter how finite the question is. This is not something you do everyday.
Dr. Asemota was thorough and understanding about this daunting process when addressed with our questions. She demonstrated patience and empathy as well as give sound recommendations to achieve the best possible outcome. She never appeared bothered by any question and was understanding about our concerns.
We are still going through the process. So far we have accessed the number of eggs, labs, and accessed spouse.
Process is expensive but I suppose it is expected somewhere between 18-23k
Atlanta
She [Dr. Obehi Asemota] is an amazing doctor. She’s very patient & will give a treatment that’s for you that is very detailed & puts you in a great position for success. I’ve felt so comfortable throughout this process.... She was very thorough & thou we feel that we should rush she showed us all options. She is very intentive.
It’s [Aspire Fertility-Atlanta] easy access off the highway, you don’t have to pay for parking (not that I know of) & it’s a beautiful office. The lab is amazing & my husband felt VERY comfortable during his appointments. You don’t feel like a number there.... The nursing staff can be a little more thorough with next steps. I feel sometimes I’m having to follow up with everything..
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
She is an amazing doctor. She’s very patient & will give a treatment that’s for you that is very detailed & puts you in a great position for success. I’ve felt so comfortable throughout this process.
Ask lots of questions! She will answer whatever you need.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
It’s easy access off the highway, you don’t have to pay for parking (not that I know of) & it’s a beautiful office. The lab is amazing & my husband felt VERY comfortable during his appointments. You don’t feel like a number there.
$12,000 IVF (without meds)
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Obehi Asemota] was very responsive with getting medicine sent into pharmacy, very informative about procedure, encouraging. Even when procedure didn’t go as planned and I became a little uneasy she was reassuring, calming and supportive...Highly recommend her & her team. Feels like family!...Tried single first transfer, unsuccessful. 2nd attempt, transferred two.... pregnant with twins...Always considered feelings and did her best along with her team to make sure I was always comfortable
[Aspire Fertility is] Patient friendly. Welcoming. Educational. Don’t sugar coat the cost nor steps required for the process. They’re warm ppl and genuinely care. They don’t pressure you about anything.. everything is at the speed you request...Highly recommend her [Dr. Asemota] & her team. Feels like family!...Tried single first transfer, unsuccessful. 2nd attempt, transferred two.... pregnant with twins...She [Dr. Obehi Asemota] was very responsive with getting medicine sent into pharmacy, very informative about procedure, encouraging. Even when procedure didn’t go as planned and I became a little uneasy she was reassuring, calming and supportive...Highly recommend her & her team. Feels like family!.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
She was very responsive with getting medicine sent into pharmacy, very informative about procedure, encouraging. Even when procedure didn’t go as planned and I became a little uneasy she was reassuring, calming and supportive.
Highly recommend her & her team. Feels like family!
Atlanta

Dr Mansfield is great. It is obvious to see that she cares for her patients and is very knowledgeable. She can come across as over the top, but I thought she was great and felt very comfortable in her care. I came to her after a poor experience at a different clinic and it was like night and day. I feel like I was being cheated an amazing experience before after coming to see Dr Mansfield!...decided my best option to start with would be Clomid and then a trigger shot of Ovidrel. She thoroughly went over the purpose and the risks. We then came in and she performed IUI for me. Follow up in 11 days for a blood test to check for pregnancy.
Every nurse [at Aspire Fertility] was friendly, open, and kind. There honesty isn’t too much interaction with the nursing staff, which is nice, as that means you have more face to face with the doctor...They have a very straight forward cash pay fee schedule that is shared on consult visit with breakdowns of what is and is not included. I paid $1250 for one IUI cycle which did not include any medication or labs. My insurance covered my consult with just a co-pay. Then of course had the cost for the donor sperm.
How was your experience with Christine Mansfield at Aspire Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mansfield at Aspire Fertility?
I don’t have much in this realm. I did not do testing here due to transferring clinics prior to treatment. I would say though to be sure you ask if you should take anything prior to tests (which the old place did not) and I had a lot of discomfort as a result.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mansfield at Aspire Fertility?
Dr Mansfield can come across at first as seeming fake due to her positive attitude. I feel she is actually just that nice of a person, loves what she does, and truly cares for other (which is rarely seen anymore). I found her a refreshing change from the first doctor I went to. She never made me feel rushed and always open to any questions or concerns I might have had.
Describe the protocols Christine Mansfield used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Mansfield decided my best option to start with would be Clomid and then a trigger shot of Ovidrel. She thoroughly went over the purpose and the risks. We then came in and she performed IUI for me. Follow up in 11 days for a blood test to check for pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Every nurse was friendly, open, and kind. There honesty isn’t too much interaction with the nursing staff, which is nice, as that means you have more face to face with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic is great, appointments are available promptly, they have a weekend coverage system, and seem very organized. I think an area for improvement would be more concise treatment planning with concrete steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Mansfield at Aspire Fertility.
Describe Christine Mansfield's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
Christine Mansfield
Dallas

Make sure that you find out if she [Dr. Linda Elkins] will be able to do the procedure when you make the appointment for IUI’s...two out of the five IUIs were done by a nurse and not her. I was not aware this was going to happen before hand...We started with IUI’s and taking clomid...We are talking about going forward with IVF in June and she said she would probably only put one embryo during the first IVF attempt...She always seemed to talk to me about me and cared about my thoughts and feelings too.
$1,400 for IUI plus medication. $14,000 for IVF plus medication [at Aspire Fertility]...The lady at the front desk when you come in is super friendly and helpful...There has been a couple of times I have called about something and do not get a call back. I have to then call back again...I had two of my IUIs performed by a nurse and both times she was super friendly and helpful. I have called about questions and when I get a chance to talk to them they are always able to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
I love Dr. Elkins. She is very personable and easy to talk to. She takes her time with you and is very informative. I never felt rushed when she was with you. The only problem I had was that two out of the five IUIs were done by a nurse and not her. I was not aware this was going to happen before hand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Make sure that you find out if she will be able to do the procedure when you make the appointment for IUI’s.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Describe the protocols Linda Elkins used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with IUI’s and taking clomid. I took two pills once a day for five days. I would go in for blood work and a sonogram on or around day 3, 5 10 and then once for the procedure. The 4th and 5th IUIs we also added in nightly shots to go with the oral medication.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
I love how nice and friendly they are when you are there. The lady at the front desk when you come in is super friendly and helpful. I love Dr Elkin. She is super friendly and personable. She seems very knowledgeable and completely competent. I would say their weakness is that when I went back to my regular Dr who referred me to them he had gotten no information from them about what we had done fertility wise throughout the past year. There has been a couple of times I have called about something and do not get a call back. I have to then call back again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility.
$1,400 for IUI plus medication. $14,000 for IVF plus medication
Describe Linda Elkins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility.
They failed to send my results and procedure information to my primary OBGYN who referred me to them.
Dallas

[Dr. Elkins] makes you feel welcomed and wants your dream to come true of having a family and wants to help you and your spouse get there....But me and my wife both try to make sure we ask the right questions as though sometimes we feel like some things get missed or not communicated correctly some of the time.... Dr.Elkins suggested that we use unmedicated IUI seeing that I have no health problems and I am a younger woman and that I seem to ovulate regularly.
They [nurses- Aspire Fertility] manage time well, make sure to communicate appropriate things such as test results same day. Help you out with making sure you are comfortable while taking your blood.... Megan at the front desk is very helpful and very organized. She knows the patient very well and has the correct information for the correct patients. Also make sure to get there early just in case they can get you back sooner, happens sometimes.
Latino, Other
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
She makes you feel welcomed and wants your dream to come true of having a family and wants to help you and your spouse get there. She is truly a good person and wants what’s best for her patients but again my wife and I seem to ask a lot of questions that seems she should have already covered them at that specific visit. Maybe we are just new to all of this and have read up on a lot of things thinking we should ask if she doesnt cover it or maybe at that time of the visit that’s not something she should go over? We would just want to know everything no matter what and seems we are the ones looking for answers that haven’t always been given to us.
If you are new to the fertility process research and have questions ready just in case.
Any news that I have gotten has always been said with compassion as though she feels our pain like with my first try ending in a miscarriage and when i tried again with the result as a negitave pregnancy test. Talk on a personal level as we get to know each other as we build our relationship with our doctor. But me and my wife both try to make sure we ask the right questions as though sometimes we feel like some things get missed or not communicated correctly some of the time.
Dr.Elkins suggested that we use unmedicated IUI seeing that I have no health problems and I am a younger woman and that I seem to ovulate regularly. My wife and I tracked my ovulation for 3 months before we tried for the first time and it was like clock work so the 4th cycle we tried and got a positive pregnancy test. Everything was good until the 7 week ultrasound and there was nothing in the sack. We were given three options to move forward with our miscarriage. One was to let it run its course, two was medication and three was surgery. So at 9 weeks still with the hope it wasn’t a miscarriage we checked one more time and still nothing so at that point we moved forward with the medication for the miscarriage. After everything was said and done we tried again on my first cycle after my miscarriage. Dr.Elkins suggested that it wouldn’t hurt to try, trusting her judgment, it ended with a negitave pregnancy test. We have taken a cycle off due to the fact that I still don’t feel 100% with my cycles yet. We asked Dr.Elkins what she thinks would be best for us with the best possible chance and she still thinks unmedicated IUI is still an option. I still don’t feel 100% with this cycle off so my wife and I have decided to try the medicated IUI this upcoming cycle. We just want our best chance. She didn’t seem forth going with the idea of a medicated IUI but announced it was our decision. We didn’t know how many more months would pass by until I felt 100% with my body but didn’t want to waste time which is why we have decided to try the medicated route. She supports us in that decision whether she agrees with it or not. We don’t have a lot of money so the tries we have attempted and are about to attempt will probly be our last for awhile.
They manage time well, make sure to communicate appropriate things such as test results same day. Help you out with making sure you are comfortable while taking your blood. Very helpful when I passed out and was convulsing on my Bata 2 blood test, moved my to another room and made sure I was ok before leaving. (not good with blood) Thwybhave actually notated to take my blood on any upcoming bloodwork for a Bata 2 to be takin while laying down in one of the rooms in the hopes all that doesn’t happen again.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Megan at the front desk is very helpful and very organized. She knows the patient very well and has the correct information for the correct patients. Also make sure to get there early just in case they can get you back sooner, happens sometimes. Also be prepared to be taken back after your appointment time, happens more than not.
$550 for unmedicated IUI $10 for miscarriage medication $60 for RhoGam $1,400 for upcoming medicated IUI $50 or so for Clomid $100-$150 or so for trigger shot We were actually charged twice for our first unmedicated IUI even though it was already taken care of and took a little bit for it to get fixed.
We don’t need any of these routes.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility.

2016 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Elkins takes lots of time to explain. She used language I understand and talked to me like an educated friend. I didn’t feel like she talked over my head or made me feel like I was running through a system. Instead, I felt like I was getting advice from a friend and always look forward to my appointments....Started with clomid and stimulation. Now moving on to IVF in case we want a third and still trying for a second. We can’t seem to time my cycles correctly, so we are moving forward.
EVERYONE in the office [Aspire Fertility] is outstanding. The receptionists, the nurses, care coordinators, everyone. They are all friendly, thorough, and extremely approachable.... I don’t know if any weaknesses. Rarely behind on time. Always clean. Always friendly. In and out for lab only visits. All nurses, phlebotomists, and office staff are outstanding. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and available. They return calls in a timely manner and are never concerned about additional questions.
2016 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
She is friendly, educated, laid back but still type A so she gets it when we as women feel the need for control/more knowledge. She is rarely behind and always makes you feel comfortable. She is thorough as you want her to be.
Go with the flow. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
EVERYONE in the office is outstanding. The receptionists, the nurses, care coordinators, everyone. They are all friendly, thorough, and extremely approachable.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Completely average costs for IVF. About $20,000 for the first cycle of IVF/egg retrieval/embryo transfer. IUI and timed intercourse cycles were appropriately priced as well.
She usually recommends one. And some of that is based on body habitus etc. I’m petite, so twins aren’t ideal. If we go through a few unsuccessful cycles we will try MET.
Dallas

She [Dr. Elkins] was sympathetic during our MC. She’s remembered details about our situation and us....Strengths- real, upfront, personable. Definitely feels like she believes in us- she’s very smart. Weakness- didn’t seem to want to try a more aggressive approach after we as patients wanted to after our MC.... IUI # 1- unmedicated and unmonitored. She said all test results/ultrasounds showed her a healthy and able body. Cycles were 28 days exactly, smiley face on OPK came exactly 2 weeks after CD1.
Strengths [of Aspire Fertility]- easy to get a hold of, friendly, LGBTQ+ friendly, offer Glow (discounted prices), will come in Saturday’s and Sundays if needed. Weaknesses- distance from our house is about 30 minutes, wish they’d give discounted prices to self paid patients... $550 for basic IUI- unmedicated and unmonitored 1 $40 copay for 7 week ultrasound 1 $12 payment for bloodwork sent to outside lab $1,400 for medicated and monitored IUI
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Trust her expertese but don’t be afraid to push back if you feel you need to... she will explain her reasoning or listen to what you have to say
She was sympathetic during our MC. She’s remembered details about our situation and us.
IUI # 1- unmedicated and unmonitored. She said all test results/ultrasounds showed her a healthy and able body. Cycles were 28 days exactly, smiley face on OPK came exactly 2 weeks after CD1. Came in for insemination about 32 hours after smiley face. Unfortunately, at 9weeks we had to force a miscarriage along. IUI #2- After having to force along a 9wk MC, she advised we were good to try again next cycle but didn’t have to if we weren’t ready. She was adament about doing another unmedicated and unmonitored cycle, we wanted medicated to improve chances... she insisted she didn’t think it was necessary. Same procedure as IU#1 was followed except we came in for insemination the day of the smiley face instead of 32 hours later- BFN
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Pretty relaxed- easy to talk to and communicate with. They know you by your first name and voice!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Strengths- easy to get a hold of, friendly, LGBTQ+ friendly, offer Glow (discounted prices), will come in Saturday’s and Sundays if needed. Weaknesses- distance from our house is about 30 minutes, wish they’d give discounted prices to self paid patients
$550 for basic IUI- unmedicated and unmonitored 1 $40 copay for 7 week ultrasound 1 $12 payment for bloodwork sent to outside lab $1,400 for medicated and monitored IUI -ultrasounds -monitoring clomid -monitoring trigger shot (Does not include clomid and trigger shot, separate coats)
Dallas

Dr. Elkins was always very friendly when I was there, but throughout the process, I was annoyed that they weren't really paying attention to my cycle or recognizing that my situation with frozen sperm required different timing than their married couples. The real indicator though that I was just a number was when I pushed forward with IUI 5 against advice and was pushed off to a nurse for all appointments and my IUI...When she called to tell me I was pregnant, she didn't hide her surprise. When she called me a week and a half later to tell me I was miscarrying, she was nice, but she also told me they would follow up in a couple of days and no one ever followed up. That was actually the last I ever heard from anyone there.
For donor sperm IUIs, they [Aspire Fertility - Dallas] made me come in an hour early to sign a consent to thaw the sperm and then sit and wait for my IUI. Once, the office staff apparently forgot I was there since I was the only person in the waiting room, and they started talking about patients they didn't like while standing around the front desk...one baseline sono at 2-5 days and one monitoring sono about a week later, then they would arbitrarily set the date for the IUI-my 1st was 5 days after the monitoring appointment
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Dr. Elkins was always friendly, but she gave me NO information. At the beginning, she told me I'd get pregnant with no problem because I'd had my son after 1 unmedicated IUI, and didn't seem concerned about the fact I was now 37 and had a low AMH. For the first 4 IUIs, she did the procedures and most of my sonograms, but she never told me how many eggs I had or other relevant information. When I decided to do a 5th IUI because I knew they'd mistimed 2 of my previous IUIs, she pushed me to the nurses. When she called to tell me I was pregnant, she didn't hide her surprise. When she called me a week and a half later to tell me I was miscarrying, she was nice, but she also told me they would follow up in a couple of days and no one ever followed up. That was actually the last I ever heard from anyone there.
Go somewhere else. They seemed to treat married people a little better - giving them IUI appointments on the weekends for example, but their methods for IUI at least probably mean you're going to have a lot of mistimed cycles and waste a lot of money.
1st cycle-unmedicated IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot on CD14, IUI 48 hours later on CD16, negative blood test 2nd cycle-unmedicated IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot on CD11, IUI 48 hours later, negative blood test 3rd cycle-50 mg of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot on CD11, IUI 24 hours later, negative blood test, cyst developed following cycle Next cycle scrapped due to cyst-when nurse called with baseline results, she told me we were good to move ahead but that Dr. Elkins said I should stop the estrogen now, I told her I wasn't on estrogen, she hung up on me immediately and then called back about 30 minutes later to say we needed to scrap the cycle because my estrogen was too high 4th cycle-50 mg of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot on CD12, IUI 48 hours later-was initially told to trigger on CD13 12 hours before IUI, negative blood test, recommended I move to IVF, arranged a "free" appointment with in-house therapist to sell me on IVF 5th cycle-50 mg of Clomid, nurse told me Dr. Elkins wanted to add Gonal-f, I indicated I preferred not to but was willing to discuss but it was never raised again, Ovidrel trigger shot on CD11, IUI 48 hours later, chemical pregnancy All my cycles were monitored but that only meant one baseline sono at 2-5 days and one monitoring sono about a week later, then they would arbitrarily set the date for the IUI-my 1st was 5 days after the monitoring appointment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Charly Liscomb)
They assigned me a primary nurse, but I rarely saw her. I would email her when my new cycle started, and she would often call with results, but sometimes, it was another nurse. Once, after a sonogram, I was put in a room to wait for her to talk about scheduling my IUI, but she forgot I was there until I went looking for someone.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
They have a pricing system that includes everything (in my case, monitoring, blood tests, IUI), but that means they really don't do as much monitoring as other clinics. How their weekend hours work isn't clear. I heard them schedule married people for IUIs on weekends, but unlike my original clinic, no one said anything to me about weekend hours, even though my first IUI should have been scheduled for the weekend. For donor sperm IUIs, they made me come in an hour early to sign a consent to thaw the sperm and then sit and wait for my IUI. Once, the office staff apparently forgot I was there since I was the only person in the waiting room, and they started talking about patients they didn't like while standing around the front desk.
Each IUI cost $1400, which included the monitoring and blood tests.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility.
The worst was never following up after my miscarriage. I eventually went to a clinic at my job to get the follow-up HCG test. They also got confused about what drugs I was on and told me to start Clomid when they actually needed to scrap the cycle because my baseline estrogen was too high. Finally, they always said they would call after my baseline, but I only actually received a call twice (out of 6 baseline appointments).
Dallas

Dr. Elkins went above and beyond to communicate with me throughout the IVF cycle and post retrieval. She called me multiple times after hours to let me know what the update was on our embryos during the day 5/6 wait. ... She has amazing bed side manner and clearly knows what she is talking about. ...The one thing that was discussed was the disappointment in the amount of mature eggs. We hope to correct that with our second cycle.
Strengths: Dr. Elkins, the lab and the embryologists. The clinic [Aspire Fertility] also has a on site counselor and I found that very helpful during my cycle. Weaknesses: Financial coordinator - hard to get a hold of at times and had to be on top of her for various questions or updates on bills or what should or should not be paid due to insurance questions. ... Aspire only does single embryo transfers or only does them when using pgs, which we have done.
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Dr. Elkins went above and beyond to communicate with me throughout the IVF cycle and post retrieval. She called me multiple times after hours to let me know what the update was on our embryos during the day 5/6 wait. She is an IVF success story and truly understands the process, not only from a Dr.'s point of view, but as a patient. I feel comfortable to be vulnerable, stressed, excited and sad and I believe that is really important as your hormones are a mess during a cycle. She has amazing bed side manner and clearly knows what she is talking about. I like when a Dr. can get excited or ramble about a topic. There is passion, empathy, results and knowledge for all things IVF with Dr. Elkins.
Bring questions. She loves it and appreciates those that are super organized and on top of the process. I think this goes for any Dr. but being your own advocate is really important and she is one to listen to you concerns and stresses to make sure everyone is comfortable.
Dr. Elkins is very empathetic. She understands the emotional and mental toll the IVF process takes on you (she has gone through it herself). I felt very comfortable asking as many questions as I needed to feel comfortable about the IVF process.
I was told that I would respond really well to the drugs so I was put on BC for a primer for 2 1/2 weeks. We then started shots that consisted of 7 days of 300 Follistim & 1 vial of Menopur. I began using 250 mcg of Ganirelix 6 days into the cycle. After the 7 days, we took follistim down from 300 to 225. I triggered a day earlier than anticipated and triggered with Lupron (4mg) & HCG (1.0 ml). My retrieval went super smooth and didn't even need pain medicine post procedure. I was told immediately that they retrieved 16 eggs. Additional stats from my first cycle below. Eggs Retrieved: 16 Mature Eggs: 11 Fertilized Eggs: 10 Day 3: 10 Day 5/6: 7 PGS results: 3 viable embryos The one thing that was discussed was the disappointment in the amount of mature eggs. We hope to correct that with our second cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
My story is rather unique. The day we started our first cycle our original nurse was leaving the clinic. I was moved to a new nurse who I'm reviewing here. Stephanie is a sweetheart! She is exactly the personality that you want during the process. During the cycle she was available via email to calm fears and so pleasant to be around. Unfortunately they had lost 2 of the 3 nurses which left poor Stephanie to work through all patients. We saw some decreases in communication due to that, but were told they hired additional nurses to get back to where they were before.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Strengths: Dr. Elkins, the lab and the embryologists. The clinic also has a on site counselor and I found that very helpful during my cycle. Weaknesses: Financial coordinator - hard to get a hold of at times and had to be on top of her for various questions or updates on bills or what should or should not be paid due to insurance questions.
100% pay upfront: $12,600 Pay through stages: $14,000 This includes: assisted hatching/icsi/year 1 cryostorage/egg retrieval/IVF cycle visits, lab work & ultrasounds/unlimited frozen transfers (if doing pgs) This does not include medications, kick off lab work or anesthesia for retrieval. It also does not include embryo biopsy for pgs/pgd needs (which was $2,500 per cycle).
Dallas

Dr Elkins is a great doctor. ... However, sometimes I feel like I need more information about how I can make myself more fertile and it feels like I have to squeeze those answers out of her. She is compassionate and knowledgeable about what she does. We went to her because she was once a patient of her practice as well . We felt that connection that she knew what we were going through.
Great staff [Aspire Fertility]! The communication by the staff very fast and reliable . Would have liked more information about how to be more healthy and prepare for treatment. Come prepared with questions beforehand to visit. ... IUI was 1200-1400 for procedure ... [Nurse] Great communication ... Prepare your questions prior to visit ... staff is always willing to respond to any questions I had
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Dr Elkins is a great doctor. Her staff is always willing to respond to any questions I had . However, sometimes I feel like I need more information about how I can make myself more fertile and it feels like I have to squeeze those answers out of her. She is compassionate and knowledgeable about what she does. We went to her because she was once a patient of her practice as well . We felt that connection that she knew what we were going through.
Prepare your questions prior to visit
Little of both
We are preparation to seek IVF treatyfrom her next year
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: RN )
Great communication
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Great staff ! The communication by the staff very fast and reliable . Would have liked more information about how to be more healthy and prepare for treatment. Come prepared with questions beforehand to visit.
IUI was 1200-1400 for procedure
Dallas

She [Dr. Elkins] went over and beyond our expectations and hopes. As this was our first experience, we were a little nervous of what to expect. This worry was quickly alleviated, as soon as we had an opportunity to spend some time with Dr. Elkins...was kind, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable...She made my wife and I feel l like we were high profile patients but family friends...
Aspire Fertility Dallas was outstanding and I could not recommend them more....we absolutely loved our nurse Shab Liles. Shab's smile, demeanor, and knowledge was so contagious that it was hard to have a bad experience. Even after our experience was over, Shab continued to check up on us and make sure everything was going well. She went above and beyond anything we could have hoped for...I thought pricing was as expected.
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Be open and honest about your experiences.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shab Liles)
We absolutely loved our nurse Shab Liles. Shab's smile, demeanor, and knowledge was so contagious that it was hard to have a bad experience. Even after our experience was over, Shab continued to check up on us and make sure everything was going well. She went above and beyond anything we could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Aspire Fertility Dallas was outstanding and I could not recommend them more. Our doctor, Dr. Linda Elkins, was kind, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. She made my wife and I feel l like we were high profile patients but family friends. She went over and beyond our expectations and hopes. As this was our first experience, we were a little nervous of what to expect. This worry was quickly alleviated, as soon as we had an opportunity to spend some time with Dr. Elkins and staff. In addition, we absolutely loved our nurse Shab Liles. Shab's smile, demeanor, and knowledge was so contagious that it was hard to have a bad experience. Even after our experience was over, Shab continued to check up on us and make sure everything was going well. She went above and beyond anything we could have hoped for. Having worked in hundreds of hospitals and clinics across the country, I found this facility to be state of the art in both the rooms and equipment. There are too many other staff members at Aspire Dallas that made this experience great to name for both my wife and I. However, I would highly recommend the competent and knowledge staff at Aspire. When experiencing such an significant milestone in your life, it is important to have a team that you can trust and count on. Aspire Dallas should be your first call..
I thought pricing was as expected.
Dallas

Dr. Grunert himself did not seem to be very personable. Visits with him were quick and to the point. He did not personally review my initial diagnostic or genetic testing results with me ... I appreciate that I did have the option of seeing him at each visit and the option to have him perform my IUI's. ... If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he probably isn't the doctor for you.
The clinic [Aspire] is clean and comfortable. There are two locations in Houston. Unfortunately our doctor was located in one location while the IUI sperm wash had to take place at the other location. We were left having to decide after the sperm wash if we wanted to risk the extra time it took to drive back to Dr. Grunert's office so he could perform the IUI or having the procedure performed by a random Aspire nurse at the other location. Each option had associated pros and cons.
How was your experience with George Grunert at Aspire Fertility?
Dr. Grunert seemed very knowledgeable and he developed a specific plan of treatment. During our initial consultation, he invited us into his office to walk us through a powerpoint presenting statistics and treatment options. We did not initially get a warm and fuzzy feeling from Dr. Grunert but he did gain our confidence because of the expertise he displayed. While he was sure to explain each step in the plan for treatment, he didn't explain how he used the results from my initial diagnostic workup to develop the plan. He didn't review the results with us or explain how he used that information to determine treatment. I am unsure if my course of treatment was based on my personal diagnostic results or on general statistics related to my age/demographic. I did like the fact the Dr. Grunert was available for each visit and procedure. The nurses indicated that he was one of the only doctors at the clinic who actually performed the IUI procedures for his patients. The nurses also indicated that he was the only doctor to perform an Ultrasound before each IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Grunert at Aspire Fertility?
Ask questions; ask how diagnostic results are used to determine your course of treatment. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he probably isn't the doctor for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Grunert at Aspire Fertility?
While a majority of the nurses at Dr. Grunert's office were extremely helpful and personable, Dr. Grunert himself did not seem to be very personable. Visits with him were quick and to the point. He did not personally review my initial diagnostic or genetic testing results with me. After my last IUI cycle was unsuccessful, we decided to take a break from treatment for personal reasons. Neither he nor anyone else from the office reached out to follow up about the last cycle to determine if my cycle had started. However, I appreciate that I did have the option of seeing him at each visit and the option to have him perform my IUI's.
Describe the protocols George Grunert used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
I completed 3 IUI cycles including: 2 cycles including 50 mg clomid on cycle days 5-9; 1 cycle of 2.5 mg Fermara on cycle days 5-9 to stimulate ovulation. 3 cycles including scheduled Ovidrel trigger shots to trigger ovulation 2 days before IUI.
The nursing staff was always personable and made me feel extremely comfortable. They were willing to answer any questions prior to and after my visits with Dr. Grunert. I did have one concern with scheduling. After having called when my cycle started to schedule the next round of treatment, the nurse on the phone miscounted the number of days and scheduled my appointment for the wrong day. Knowing how important timing is for these treatments, I double checked the days myself. When I called about the mistake, they rescheduled my appointment but this left me second guessing future appointments made.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic is clean and comfortable. There are two locations in Houston. Unfortunately our doctor was located in one location while the IUI sperm wash had to take place at the other location. We were left having to decide after the sperm wash if we wanted to risk the extra time it took to drive back to Dr. Grunert's office so he could perform the IUI or having the procedure performed by a random Aspire nurse at the other location. Each option had associated pros and cons.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility.
On one occasion, there was a scheduling error. When I realized the mistake, I called the clinic and they rescheduled for the correct day. There was also some confusion about how and where my prescriptions would be filled. After the first cycle, those issues were worked out.
George Grunert
Houston

He [Dr. Chauhan] will take his time helping you understand your treatment...will not just put in multiple embryos. He weighs the potential risks of ending up with multiples. I think for our next round we may do a multiple transfer if we get enough embryos but for this first cycle our transfers were single simply because he didn’t want to risk loosing both embryos on one shot...He takes his time to analyze each and every possibility and gives you the facts which in turn make decision making a lot easier. He has calmed me down and help my hand while I cried. Over all he is always available wether via a nurse, email or phone.
They [staff at Aspire Fertility] are very upfront about what you should expect and very clear when answering questions. Their finance department is amazing as is the team at the front desk, in the lab, the nursing team and their doctors. Everyone makes you feel as if you’re the only patient...Valeria is super sweet and caring. She will answer all of your questions and treat you with the gentlest hands. I love having her as my nurse... Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
He’s great at making you feel comfortable and always makes sure that you are informed. For me I google a lot of things and he always takes his time either considering my suggestions or helping me understand while it doesn’t apply to my case. Even though our results haven’t been what we hoped for he hasn’t given up on us which makes me truly trust him and his process. I feel very comfortable being under his care and would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
Ask all the questions you want, trust me he is the most patient (no pun intended) doctor you’ll ever have. He will take his time helping you understand your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
Describe the protocols Subodh Chauhan used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
I can’t really remember what protocol was used but for sure for the IUIs I would be on clomid from day two of my cycle until day 6 so for a total of 5 days. For the egg retrieval and transfers there were so many injections that I cannot remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Valeria)
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
They are very upfront about what you should expect and very clear when answering questions. Their finance department is amazing as is the team at the front desk, in the lab, the nursing team and their doctors. Everyone makes you feel as if you’re the only patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility.
Our medications were in the $5k range our IUIs were about $500 each and our transfer cycle I believe was about $12k
Describe Subodh Chauhan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
Dr. Chauhan will not just put in multiple embryos. He weighs the potential risks of ending up with multiples. I think for our next round we may do a multiple transfer if we get enough embryos but for this first cycle our transfers were single simply because he didn’t want to risk loosing both embryos on one shot.
Subodh Chauhan
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Schenk took lots of notes and has made lots of changes. She knows we drive 3 hours to see her each time, and she makes our time well worth the drive! She will do as much as she can during one visit, just to help us out!...has been very thorough from the beginning. She caught that I have PCOS within a month of starting to see her. She is very kind and helps you understand everything. She accommodates us being as we drive 3 hours (one way) each time to see her. I have already recommended her to my cousin and a friend of mine to help them with infertility.
All of the staff at Aspire Fertility in Houston, Tx are amazing! They make you feel so positive and comfortable from the time you walk in the doors, until you leave. They give you all the information you need to know or ask for and are all great!...Positive environment all the way around! Everyone is so nice and welcoming! Everyone is always smiling and they don't hesitate to answer any questions you may have! They treat you like a human being and not just some other person coming in for infertility.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Leah Schenk at Aspire Fertility?
Dr. Schenk has been very thorough from the beginning. She caught that I have PCOS within a month of starting to see her. She is very kind and helps you understand everything. She accommodates us being as we drive 3 hours (one way) each time to see her. I have already recommended her to my cousin and a friend of mine to help them with infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leah Schenk at Aspire Fertility?
Don't hold any information back! Be upfront and honest!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leah Schenk at Aspire Fertility?
Describe the protocols Leah Schenk used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
The first month, we tried everything naturally. The second and third month we did Clomid and Ovidrel shots to release the eggs. I have had a transvaginal ultrasound every two weeks since December 2018. On our fourth month we switched to Femara and didn't have to take the Ovidrel shot. We did IUI in April, but I have since had my cycle. We start Femara again this week and go back to see Dr. Schenk on May 3, 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tori)
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leah Schenk at Aspire Fertility.
My insurance covers the majority of my appointments. I've had to pay for an HSG and that was roughly $175. I also had to pay for Ovidrel shots. The pharmacy provides a coupon, so it is only $107 out of pocket. I also had to pay for the IUI procedure and it was $549.
Describe Leah Schenk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
I haven't had this procedure.
Leah Schenk
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Leah Schenk at Aspire Fertility.

I'm neutral on the clinic right now as I am in middle of cycle and can't properly evaluate them. This is the 3rd doctor they have switched me too in less than a calendar year. It feels like I am a patient number on a conveyor belt at this point Having to explain and submit your benefits info repeatedly is no fun. Having to go to three different locations is also not fun. Also, the Katy office is a scam - I was only able to get initial consult and ui ultrasound there e everything else is an hour plus drive downtown. The Katy office is pretty much a salescloset.. Get ready to drive to downtown Houston several times a week for your treatment.
How was your experience with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
Dr. Stegmann was my second doctor in six months with Aspire Fertility. She quit the practice in the middle of my IVF cycle. I was notified via text message six days after egg retrieval. I feel used, harvested and abused. If her workplace environment was that unstable (only info I can get is that there was a 'clash of personalities) she should not have been taking on new patients (and collecting payment for partially provided services). I would never have gone with her if i had known I'd have to go through the whole new doctor process (a 3rd time in less than a calendar year) again. Now I'm sitting here having to explain rudimentary things like my pharmacist benefits, etc to a whole new team when I have already gone through this step TWO TIMES. Not to mention the emotional toll it has taken to put my trust in a whole new team when I was told empty promises from Stegmann. Its a dirty trick to take on new patients that you know you aren't stable enough to give good care to so you can collect your paycheck for egg retrieval and take off. People with fertility problems are a specially vulnerable group of patients and to manipulate their trust to serve yourself is especially evil. There is a special place in H*LL for you
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
Make sure she plans on staying employed with clinic through the course of your cycle. You don't want to be dropped right after egg retrieval and forced to go to new clinic and doctor. Horsesh*t lying doctor just trying to get her paycheck.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
Barbara Stegmann