7.1

Atlanta (closed)
6 Concourse Parkway, Ste 250
Atlanta, GA 30328-6117
678-274-6760

Go in knowing that she is soft-spoken, but very clinical. She's patient and kind, but not warm. ... I have low ovarian reserve, so egg retrieval wasn't a huge amount. Dr.Asemota was very supportive of a second retrieval and we were so lucky to get a number of embryos we were happy with and ready for transfer. ... She's obviously incredibly intelligent, knows what she is doing and is trustworthy. She was always honest with us.
... suddenly a year later , they [Aspire Fertility] said they DON'T accept our United Insurance. This has left us in a financial mess. Billing has outright lied to my husband. Because of their error we are closing in on a time sensitive medication deadline for embryo transfer and I am unable to even get my prescriptions. No one will call my husband back. ... Brandy my phlebotomist is basically my favorite person ever. Niecey and Vernita were always very kind. Melody at the front desk was always nice and remembered my name when I walked in.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
I was really impressed with Dr.Asemota! She's obviously incredibly intelligent, knows what she is doing and is trustworthy. She was always honest with us. I appreciated how patient she was when I was upset over a result. She has handed me tissues while I cried and told me that it would all be okay, I just needed to keep my head up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
Go in knowing that she is soft-spoken, but very clinical. She's patient and kind, but not warm. I actually appreciated her bedside manner, but I am a person who likes someone to tell me the truth nicely. She does that with no frills.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
Dr.Asemota was very kind and attentive. She is a great doctor.
Describe the protocols Obehi Asemota used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility Dallas and their degree of success.
It was suggested that we try IUI first. I had my fallopian tubes evaluated, they were open and normal so we proceeded with 5 IUI cycles, we had one chemical pregnancy which was devastating, then 4 negatives then we moved onto IVF. I have low ovarian reserve, so egg retrieval wasn't a huge amount. Dr.Asemota was very supportive of a second retrieval and we were so lucky to get a number of embryos we were happy with and ready for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Kristy Sutton)
Kristy has been very good about answering questions. While we were going through the cycle she was willing to call us back on the weekend while the clinic was closed. I really appreciate her approach and her kindness.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility Dallas.
Strengths: Beautiful, in house lab, Brandy my phlebotomist is basically my favorite person ever. Niecey and Vernita were always very kind. Melody at the front desk was always nice and remembered my name when I walked in. Weaknesses: We were told from the start that our insurance was accepted. Even on their own website they say Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment "Aspire Fertility accepts all health insurance. If your insurer covers a fertility treatment, you will be able to choose us." yet, they started off by telling us we were on track and then suddenly a year later , they said they DON'T accept our United Insurance. This has left us in a financial mess. Billing has outright lied to my husband. Because of their error we are closing in on a time sensitive medication deadline for embryo transfer and I am unable to even get my prescriptions. No one will call my husband back. He was promised a call from their primary billing office in Houston last week and again a follow up today. He has called them, they have not called him back. I have requested my medical records and embryology reports, I just want to see them. I expected that we would have this billing worked out by now, we want them to be paid. I was told that I would have those and an embryologist reach out to me today. Nothing. Even if they are going to be late, I wish they would just tell us that is what is happening. I've been sobbing for a week because I know that our future is in jeopardy. No one should have to endure this. The process is hard, but this is heartbreaking and for no reason. It isn't kind, it isn't fair, it isn't just, it isn't honest, and it's 100% the fault of billing. I place no blame on the care team. They were wonderful, but they aren't able to console me if they aren't allowed to talk to me because billing won't correspond and coordinate with my husband to reopen that line of communication. I'm sobbing as I write this now. My heart is broken. We are so very close to the goal, and now it may all be gone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility Dallas.
Since billing didn't file anything correctly and then denies the insurance was ever accepted, although we have written confirmation of such, I don't know. I just know that they won't call us back to help us settle appropriately.
Describe Obehi Asemota's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility Dallas.
I really liked Dr.Asemota's honesty. She obviously was looking out for our best chance to get pregnant and suggested 2 embryo transfer. We agreed with her.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility Dallas.
Billing has literally stopped everything. What was running smoothly for the most part has grinded to a complete halt. BILLING refuses to communicate. As a result, it seems that the lab is unwilling to communicate as I was told I would hear from them today. No medical records, no embryology reports.... I literally have nothing. All I know is that I have 6 embryos waiting. No idea what grades...no idea if I will ever even get to meet them.
Obehi Asemota
Atlanta (closed)

Dr. Elkins was always very friendly when I was there, but throughout the process, I was annoyed that they weren't really paying attention to my cycle or recognizing that my situation with frozen sperm required different timing than their married couples. The real indicator though that I was just a number was when I pushed forward with IUI 5 against advice and was pushed off to a nurse for all appointments and my IUI...When she called to tell me I was pregnant, she didn't hide her surprise. When she called me a week and a half later to tell me I was miscarrying, she was nice, but she also told me they would follow up in a couple of days and no one ever followed up. That was actually the last I ever heard from anyone there.
For donor sperm IUIs, they [Aspire Fertility - Dallas] made me come in an hour early to sign a consent to thaw the sperm and then sit and wait for my IUI. Once, the office staff apparently forgot I was there since I was the only person in the waiting room, and they started talking about patients they didn't like while standing around the front desk...one baseline sono at 2-5 days and one monitoring sono about a week later, then they would arbitrarily set the date for the IUI-my 1st was 5 days after the monitoring appointment
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
Dr. Elkins was always friendly, but she gave me NO information. At the beginning, she told me I'd get pregnant with no problem because I'd had my son after 1 unmedicated IUI, and didn't seem concerned about the fact I was now 37 and had a low AMH. For the first 4 IUIs, she did the procedures and most of my sonograms, but she never told me how many eggs I had or other relevant information. When I decided to do a 5th IUI because I knew they'd mistimed 2 of my previous IUIs, she pushed me to the nurses. When she called to tell me I was pregnant, she didn't hide her surprise. When she called me a week and a half later to tell me I was miscarrying, she was nice, but she also told me they would follow up in a couple of days and no one ever followed up. That was actually the last I ever heard from anyone there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
Go somewhere else. They seemed to treat married people a little better - giving them IUI appointments on the weekends for example, but their methods for IUI at least probably mean you're going to have a lot of mistimed cycles and waste a lot of money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
Describe the protocols Linda Elkins used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility Dallas and their degree of success.
1st cycle-unmedicated IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot on CD14, IUI 48 hours later on CD16, negative blood test 2nd cycle-unmedicated IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot on CD11, IUI 48 hours later, negative blood test 3rd cycle-50 mg of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot on CD11, IUI 24 hours later, negative blood test, cyst developed following cycle Next cycle scrapped due to cyst-when nurse called with baseline results, she told me we were good to move ahead but that Dr. Elkins said I should stop the estrogen now, I told her I wasn't on estrogen, she hung up on me immediately and then called back about 30 minutes later to say we needed to scrap the cycle because my estrogen was too high 4th cycle-50 mg of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot on CD12, IUI 48 hours later-was initially told to trigger on CD13 12 hours before IUI, negative blood test, recommended I move to IVF, arranged a "free" appointment with in-house therapist to sell me on IVF 5th cycle-50 mg of Clomid, nurse told me Dr. Elkins wanted to add Gonal-f, I indicated I preferred not to but was willing to discuss but it was never raised again, Ovidrel trigger shot on CD11, IUI 48 hours later, chemical pregnancy All my cycles were monitored but that only meant one baseline sono at 2-5 days and one monitoring sono about a week later, then they would arbitrarily set the date for the IUI-my 1st was 5 days after the monitoring appointment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility Dallas. (Assigned nurse: Charly Liscomb)
They assigned me a primary nurse, but I rarely saw her. I would email her when my new cycle started, and she would often call with results, but sometimes, it was another nurse. Once, after a sonogram, I was put in a room to wait for her to talk about scheduling my IUI, but she forgot I was there until I went looking for someone.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility Dallas.
They have a pricing system that includes everything (in my case, monitoring, blood tests, IUI), but that means they really don't do as much monitoring as other clinics. How their weekend hours work isn't clear. I heard them schedule married people for IUIs on weekends, but unlike my original clinic, no one said anything to me about weekend hours, even though my first IUI should have been scheduled for the weekend. For donor sperm IUIs, they made me come in an hour early to sign a consent to thaw the sperm and then sit and wait for my IUI. Once, the office staff apparently forgot I was there since I was the only person in the waiting room, and they started talking about patients they didn't like while standing around the front desk.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility Dallas.
Each IUI cost $1400, which included the monitoring and blood tests.
Describe Linda Elkins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility Dallas.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility Dallas.
The worst was never following up after my miscarriage. I eventually went to a clinic at my job to get the follow-up HCG test. They also got confused about what drugs I was on and told me to start Clomid when they actually needed to scrap the cycle because my baseline estrogen was too high. Finally, they always said they would call after my baseline, but I only actually received a call twice (out of 6 baseline appointments).
Linda Elkins

2021, Consult
She [Dr. Christine Mansfield] answered my questions when I asked but no additional information was freely provided to us. She picked up from where a previous doctor left off when she left the clinic. We havent had any additional appointments with Dr Mansfield and I feel like if a doctor truly cares, they would reach out to check on you to see if you have any questions or concerns or how you are doing mentally.
The [Aspire Fertility Dallas] clinic has very nice people working there but they are not that organized and was constantly looking for information or trying to find information. They could do a better job of providing all possible options and additional information that could be helpful for a potential patient make better informed decisions as this process is mentally draining, costly, and dangerous.
How was your experience with Christine Mansfield at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
She answered my questions when I asked but no additional information was freely provided to us. She picked up from where a previous doctor left off when she left the clinic. We havent had any additional appointments with Dr Mansfield and I feel like if a doctor truly cares, they would reach out to check on you to see if you have any questions or concerns or how you are doing mentally.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Mansfield at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
Make sure you choose a doctor that is more than a doctor but is well rounded and has reviews that include more information than just about the doctor is nice
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Mansfield at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
I wasn’t provided with additional information that me or my husband could be doing to help our chances and was just told the IVF was the best option
Describe the protocols Christine Mansfield used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility Dallas and their degree of success.
We didn’t have any treatments just testing
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility Dallas.
The clinic has very nice people working there but they are not that organized and was constantly looking for information or trying to find information. They could do a better job of providing all possible options and additional information that could be helpful for a potential patient make better informed decisions as this process is mentally draining, costly, and dangerous.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility Dallas.
They failed to provide options on how to pay for some testing options
Christine Mansfield

2020, Consult
Dr. Elkins is very knowledgeable and straightforward. She made me feel comfortable during our consultations. She answered my questions, but wasn't able to pinpoint exact recommendations. But at the same time I felt like she was too busy to take me on based on her staff...[new patient advice] Be pushy with her staff.
The clinic seemed very disorganized and did not return calls timely nor give accurate information on testing. Someone always had a different response. I felt like I was a number not a patient that was going through something...Dr. Elkins is very knowledgeable and straightforward. She made me feel comfortable during our consultations
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility Dallas?
Be pushy with her staff.
Linda Elkins