Assisted Fertility Program

Roanoke, VA 24018
1800-777-4831

1 patient review filtered by:

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Shaykh] was good about letting you pick what you felt comfortable with. We transferred two and he made sure we understood risks before signing...He was very professional with us- nothing more, nothing less,...Dr.shaykh always seemed very knowledgeable...Unfortunate the ivf was not successful for us but I would be willing to use him again in the future...I started on birthcontrol to manipulate my hormones. I would take a couple different injectables twice a day leading up to the transfer day.
My favorite part [about Assisted Fertility Program] was the staff. The ivf nurses became very closely involved and always seemed to care. The technology they use is great too...Kim [nurse] was very caring and great at communicating with me daily, she always responded to anything I sent nearly immediately. She also remembered me two years later when I contacted the office...There was an issue while starting a new cycle. I was contacted for payment on something I didn’t need to pay on but was refunded shortly after.
How was your experience with Marwan Shaykh at Assisted Fertility Program?
My favorite part was the staff. The ivf nurses became very closely involved and always seemed to care. The technology they use is great too. Dr.shaykh always seemed very knowledgeable and professional. His staff were equally good. Unfortunate the ivf was not successful for us but I would be willing to use him again in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marwan Shaykh at Assisted Fertility Program?
Make sure to ask questions. They will answer them and you will feel more comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marwan Shaykh at Assisted Fertility Program?
He was very professional with us- nothing more, nothing less,
Describe the protocols Marwan Shaykh used in your cycles at Assisted Fertility Program and their degree of success.
I started on birthcontrol to manipulate my hormones. I would take a couple different injectables twice a day leading up to the transfer day. I then had another one to get in my hip right before egg retraction day, we had a day 3 transfer. We then took a blood test to confirm pregnancy after 10 days or so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Assisted Fertility Program. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim was very caring and great at communicating with me daily, she always responded to anything I sent nearly immediately. She also remembered me two years later when I contacted the office.
Describe your experience with Assisted Fertility Program.
They have up to date equipment and the facility is nice. He will travel to Salem VA for those who need to start their treatment there. Each of them had staff who were very pleasant to work with. I always felt comfortable in the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marwan Shaykh at Assisted Fertility Program.
He was affordable compared to other fertility doctors.
Describe Marwan Shaykh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Assisted Fertility Program.
He was good about letting you pick what you felt comfortable with. We transferred two and he made sure we understood risks before signing.
What specific things went wrong at Assisted Fertility Program?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Assisted Fertility Program.
Marwan Shaykh