Selling medication is not offered

Charlotte (closed)
301 McCullough Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Copland] is very friendly but I felt she explained things very quickly and sometimes too fast for me to understand clearly. Sometimes I felt embarrassed to ask a lot of questions, she seemed to react in a manner insinuating that I should already know certain aspects of infertility and the process. She was not very warm but did seem genuine...She was very firm that she would only transfer one...Do as much research as possible so you understand what she is talking about because she talks really fast and doesn't seem to want to take time to explain a lot
I thought the staff [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] was friendly and warm the office was clean and the waiting room is clean. There was never a long wait for my appointments. I only had to wait five minutes or less usually....We did a couple rounds of hormone shots with no success We did retrieval and ended up with one embryo...She [Dr. Copland] was very firm that she would only transfer one...
How was your experience with Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
She is very friendly but I felt she explained things very quickly and sometimes too fast for me to understand clearly. Sometimes I felt embarrassed to ask a lot of questions, she seemed to react in a manner insinuating that I should already know certain aspects of infertility and the process. She was not very warm but did seem genuine.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the protocols Susannah Copland used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
We did a couple rounds of hormone shots with no success We did retrieval and ended up with one embryo and transferred which resulted in pregnancy but I had a miscarriage week 10. we have been saving money ever since to try again.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I thought the staff was friendly and warm the office was clean and the waiting room is clean. There was never a long wait for my appointments. I only had to wait five minutes or less usually. One time they messed up my appointment date, I was driving from wilmington to Raleigh so I drove two hours to go to my appointments, they fixed it and fit me in right away
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
we spent over 25,000.00 so far
Describe Susannah Copland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
She was very firm that she would only transfer one
Raleigh

While I appreciated Dr Copland's bedside manner- I wasn't happy with the lack of drive to diagnose what was wrong with me. It honestly felt like I was hitting my head against the wall doing the same thing over and over again....If Dr Copland had ordered an endometrial biopsy and treated me for it accordingly, I would have gotten pregnant. I was very frustrated with the time, money and resources my husband and I wasted.
I thought the billing office [Atlantic Repro Med] at first was organized, until everything started then it seemed like a random bill would pop up unexpected....If you're looking to obtain answers, I would look elsewhere. If you know ahead of time what is wrong and not facing unexplained infertility (or immunological reasons) this may be the place for you. Honestly, I had high hopes given a close family member had referred me (And they accepted both of our insurances).
While I appreciated Dr Copland's bedside manner- I wasn't happy with the lack of drive to diagnose what was wrong with me. It honestly felt like I was hitting my head against the wall doing the same thing over and over again. It wasn't until my second clinic the doctor found what was wrong with me and it was impacting implantation. She was very caring and warm which I appreciated, but I needed more to obtain the results I wanted.
Always ask questions; and do your research ahead of time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr Copeland had an excellent bedside manner and treated me like a human to a point.
Femara for 1 week with monitoring, then triggered with Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
They replied to my messages via the patient portal quickly
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
If you're looking to obtain answers, I would look elsewhere. If you know ahead of time what is wrong and not facing unexplained infertility (or immunological reasons) this may be the place for you. Honestly, I had high hopes given a close family member had referred me (And they accepted both of our insurances). I was very disappointed that the drive to figure out "what is wrong" wasn't there.
I thought the billing office at first was organized, until everything started then it seemed like a random bill would pop up unexpected.
n/a IUI
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Copeland was kind and caring, patient and respectful. She was empathetic and patient as we navigated the fertility process.... I also felt that Dr. Copeland was very conservative with medication dosage and perhaps not as creative in thinking about ways to treat me during my cycles.... I appreciate her commitment to empowering patients to decide their course of treatment, but I often wished for more guidance about what was likely to help us achieve pregnancy.
[Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] Very relaxing, lovely ambiance. Easy access from 40. Very kind and friendly reception staff.... [nurses were]... Kind, skilled, caring.... I liked Dr. Copeland very much as a person. She was warm and thoughtful. She was also incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls.... Look at the statistics available online to evaluate and compare the success of this clinic versus that of nearby alternatives.
I liked Dr. Copeland very much as a person. She was warm and thoughtful. She was also incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls. I felt that in Dr. Copeland’s desire to allow me to make informed choices, she often left me confused about next steps. I appreciate her commitment to empowering patients to decide their course of treatment, but I often wished for more guidance about what was likely to help us achieve pregnancy. I also felt that Dr. Copeland was very conservative with medication dosage and perhaps not as creative in thinking about ways to treat me during my cycles. I say this based upon my experience with the fertility doctor who ultimately helped us become pregnant. By comparison, I felt that he was much more aggressive and cutting-edge, factors that I believe were ultimately responsible for our success. I think Dr. Copeland may be a better choice for someone with fertility diagnoses that may be less significant than the very poor ovarian reserve and low sperm count and quality we were confronting.
Kind, skilled, caring.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Very relaxing, lovely ambiance. Easy access from 40. Very kind and friendly reception staff. If I could do it over again, I would have switched to a different clinic earlier based upon my sense that Dr. Copeland was not sufficiently aggressive with my cycles. Ultimately, Dr. Copeland indicates that she could no longer help me pursue cycles with my own eggs. I moved to a different clinic and had a successful IVF cycle using my own eggs thereafter.
I do not recall.
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
During an IVF cycle, the pharmacy neglected to send appropriate needles for one medication.