Selling medication is not offered

301 McCullough Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
919) 328-3105

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Copland is extremely detail-oriented and very thorough. She is great if you want to understand what's going on with your fertility and with the treatment options. She is an excellent communicator, very compassionate about our situation, and very respectful of absolutely everyone.... The only caveat I would mention is that if you wanted to try something unusual, experimental, or out of the box, you should probably look elsewhere.
The clinical care here [Atlantic Reproductive Med] is fantastic, in my experience, and they have excellent administrative staff and everyone is very caring and compassionate. This clinic is on the more expensive side, compared with what I've seen, however, and don't expect them to waive any requirements to save you money. I've had a few weird things happen with the financials and billing. However, they have always straightened out any issues.
How was your experience with Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Copland will give you fantastic care. The only caveat I would mention is that if you wanted to try something unusual, experimental, or out of the box, you should probably look elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Copland is extremely sensitive and patient, and she never makes you feel rushed.
Describe the protocols Susannah Copland used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
One IUI cycle without meds, not successful. One IUI cycle with letrozol and Ovidrel, was successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Fantastic nursing staff here. I would trust them with anything! They always treated me with respect and patience, even when I knew I was acting like a paranoid crazy person.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinical care here is fantastic, in my experience, and they have excellent administrative staff and everyone is very caring and compassionate. This clinic is on the more expensive side, compared with what I've seen, however, and don't expect them to waive any requirements to save you money. I've had a few weird things happen with the financials and billing. However, they have always straightened out any issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I'm really sorry but I don't remember! We've spent so much money on fertility it's all a very expensive blur at this point.
Describe Susannah Copland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.

2019, Consult
Dr. Copeland was so so patient. She reviewed all of my files from NYC, where I had lived and done 3 hormones/timed intercourse, egg retrieval and 2 FETS previously, page by page. She asked questions, listened to my concerns, clarified information, and was even generous with advice about how to be monitored in a different location than my embryos.
Phone was excellent. Billing [Atlantic Repro Med] was less so - not friendly in person, though on the phone very friendly. They give a teacher discount, which is super great, though needed convincing I'm a teacher, even though two colleagues referred me to her. ... My only interaction was vitals because I was in for a consult. The nurse was professional, friendly, and clear.
I wanted a consult so that I can establish care in NC if necessary, as I have frozen embryos in NYC that we are going to try FETS with first. Dr. Copeland was generous with her time, patient, and exhaustive. She familiarized herself with my files and patiently answered all questions. She was kind and understanding.
Know that you are in safe, caring hands so the cost (if out of pocket like I would be) is worth it.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Phone was excellent. Billing was less so - not friendly in person, though on the phone very friendly. They give a teacher discount, which is super great, though needed convincing I'm a teacher, even though two colleagues referred me to her.
Expensive, though I would have to pay out of pocket because she isn't in my insurance network.
Suggested transfer one embryo at a time because of my age and health. Was clear about why - and I agree.
Raleigh

Dr. Copland is a truly amazing doctor. You can tell how much she really cares about us as patients and wants the best outcome for us. She takes time to sit down with you at each visit and always asks if there are any other questions. She has wonderful bedside manner and I always felt 100% comfortable with her...Go in with all the questions because she will take time to answer each one of them not make you feel rushed...We did 2 IUI cycles with Letrozole. My husband was put on Clomid. One was not successful and the other one was, however it ended in a missed miscarriage due to a chromosome abnormality.
We did 2 IUI cycles with Letrozole [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists]. My husband was put on Clomid. One was not successful and the other one was, however it ended in a missed miscarriage due to a chromosome abnormality...The nursing staff is very nice and compassionate. They are very professional and explain everything before it is done...Strengths: professional, clean, nice front desk staff, responsive, appointment times available, after hours contact available and responsive, good andrology lab, great lab for bloodwork Weaknesses: small issue with our payments for the IUI’s
We did 2 rounds of IUI with Dr. Copland. She really treated us like humans and answered any and every question we had. She explained things in a way we understood and always used examples.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Thankfully, when we did our 2 IUI’s they were covered by insurance. We paid about $400 out of pocket.
Raleigh

While I appreciated Dr Copland's bedside manner- I wasn't happy with the lack of drive to diagnose what was wrong with me. It honestly felt like I was hitting my head against the wall doing the same thing over and over again....If Dr Copland had ordered an endometrial biopsy and treated me for it accordingly, I would have gotten pregnant. I was very frustrated with the time, money and resources my husband and I wasted.
I thought the billing office [Atlantic Repro Med] at first was organized, until everything started then it seemed like a random bill would pop up unexpected....If you're looking to obtain answers, I would look elsewhere. If you know ahead of time what is wrong and not facing unexplained infertility (or immunological reasons) this may be the place for you. Honestly, I had high hopes given a close family member had referred me (And they accepted both of our insurances).
While I appreciated Dr Copland's bedside manner- I wasn't happy with the lack of drive to diagnose what was wrong with me. It honestly felt like I was hitting my head against the wall doing the same thing over and over again. It wasn't until my second clinic the doctor found what was wrong with me and it was impacting implantation. She was very caring and warm which I appreciated, but I needed more to obtain the results I wanted.
Always ask questions; and do your research ahead of time.
Dr Copeland had an excellent bedside manner and treated me like a human to a point.
Femara for 1 week with monitoring, then triggered with Ovidrel.
They replied to my messages via the patient portal quickly
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
If you're looking to obtain answers, I would look elsewhere. If you know ahead of time what is wrong and not facing unexplained infertility (or immunological reasons) this may be the place for you. Honestly, I had high hopes given a close family member had referred me (And they accepted both of our insurances). I was very disappointed that the drive to figure out "what is wrong" wasn't there.
I thought the billing office at first was organized, until everything started then it seemed like a random bill would pop up unexpected.
n/a IUI
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Despite how busy she might be, Dr. Copland always has time to listen or answer questions. She has kept up with the personal details of my life as well that make me feel like I am important to her....Dr. Copland allows you to be in charge of your medical decisions. She gives you all of the information available and then lets you decide what is right for you. This works for me as I am an insufferable control freak. But if you are the type that needs more direction, be upfront with her and let her know that...This is such a difficult journey but I can't imagine doing it at any other practice...
The nursing staff [at Atlantic Repro Med Raleigh] is wonderful. They are knowledgeable, kind, and very approachable...We are starting an antagonist IVF freeze all cycle soon. So far we did 3 cycles with letrozole and timed intercourse and 3 cycles with letrozole, ovidrel and IUI. I started at 5 mg letrozole producing 1 follicle and ended with 10 mg letrozole producing 3 follicles...
This is such a difficult journey but I can't imagine doing it at any other practice. We are still undergoing treatment but we have found everyone at the office extremely helpful and personable. Scheduling is sometimes difficult but this is to be expected with a busy practice. Overall I am extremely satisfied.
The nursing staff is wonderful. They are knowledgeable, kind, and very approachable.
$1425 / IUI + ~$300 for letrozole and ovidrel $14,350 / IVF with ICSI: Includes retrieval and 2 transfers. Package purchased through ARC
2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Copland always performed all procedures and ultrasounds. She was open to discussing treatments, supplements, etc. that the other clinic I visited previously never even mentioned as options. She took the time to understand my history. All interactions were positive (even when negative news was delivered).
The care from everyone in Dr. Copland's office [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] was above and beyond what I experienced at Duke. When results were bad they were there with hugs and tissue. I couldn't have asked for more...IVF 1 - Follistim 375y cycle days 1-11, trigger, 11 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to day 5. PGS testing of all 3, no viable embryos to transfer. IVF 2 - Follistim 375y cycle days 1-11, omnitrope days 6-11, trigger, 8 eggs retrieved, 6 made it to day 5. PGS testing of all 6, 2 viable embryos to transfer. FET transfer, BFN. IUI 1 - letrozole 10mg days 2-8, Follistim 150u days 8-15, trigger (estimated 4 mature follicles), BFP with singleton birth IUI 2 - letrozole 10mg days 2-8, Follistim 150u days 8-13, trigger (estimated 5 mature follicles), BFP with twin pregnancy in progress (currently first trimester)
Come with questions...because she has answers.
The care from everyone in Dr. Copland's office was above and beyond what I experienced at Duke. When results were bad they were there with hugs and tissue. I couldn't have asked for more.
I have nothing negative to say about the nurses. All were great.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Night and day (for the better) compared to Duke. communication is great. Staff is great. Felt more like a family then a doctor's office.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I honestly can't think of a weakness for this clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists]. Everyone here from the front desk to the office staff to the nurses and Dr Walmer are all amazing. I highly recommend them to everyone that needs fertility services!...Dr. Walmer is amazing. He explained things in a manner that was easy to understand. He was caring and compassionate throughout our entire emotional journey. He truly cares about his patients. It is rare to find someone that is so sincere!...The nursing staff is amazing! Everyone there sincerely cares and wants to help. I always felt comfortable to ask questions. They remember you and treat you like a human being, not like a number. I love these ladies!
How was your experience with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Walmer and the entire staff were caring, thoughtful and excited to help us. I would recommend them to everyone!!
Describe the protocols David Walmer used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
My husband was the memory for everything (mine is horrible!). After our initial consultation, my husband and I both had testing done to try to narrow down the issue. Since the issue was with me (female), Dr Walmer performed more detailed tests. I had to have 2 hysteroscopies, we tried injections to boost egg release, injections and pills for follicle stimulation, 3 IUI's.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I honestly can't think of a weakness for this clinic. Everyone here from the front desk to the office staff to the nurses and Dr Walmer are all amazing. I highly recommend them to everyone that needs fertility services!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
My insurance does not cover much for infertility, so we did spend a few thousand dollars overall.
Raleigh
She [Dr. Copland] was amazing at explaining our steps and at caring about how we felt or putting our needs first. It’s not just about numbers with her she is there for you as a person. she was there at every appointment and did every procedure, you always felt like she had you best interest in mind.... after 3 IUIs she felt it was more effective to try IvF as long as we were ok with it. With the IvF we got 3 eggs and we implanted 2 and froze 1
They [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] were great at making the clinic a warm and inviting place, you didn’t feel like you were at a sterile drs office. They also didn’t have picture of babies everywhere like some places which was nice.... I felt like a human, the treatment was always done by Dr Copeland and she always called to check on me. Everyone there is wonderful... They were caring and knowledgeable about procedures. Always felt like they knew you.
She was amazing at explaining our steps and at caring about how we felt or putting our needs first. It’s not just about numbers with her she is there for you as a person. she was there at every appointment and did every procedure, you always felt like she had you best interest in mind.
Ask her anything she is so willing to help you understand the whole process and is passionate about her work
I don’t remember them all but after 3 IUIs she felt it was more effective to try IvF as long as we were ok with it. With the IvF we got 3 eggs and we implanted 2 and froze 1. We implanted 2 since the quality of both weren’t great, she explained all the risks etc.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
They were great at making the clinic a warm and inviting place, you didn’t feel like you were at a sterile drs office. They also didn’t have picture of babies everywhere like some places which was nice.
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr Copland gave us realistic expectations from the first visit. She referred my husband to a great urologist and collaborated with him frequently in regard to our treatment course. She took her time and was always compassionate and explained what was going on (using pictures and diagrams when needed)...will respect your limits. Our limit was IVF and after an initial consultation and a few follow ups, we knew we would need IVF. Dr Copland shared what was available to finance it, but we walked away because it was not what we wanted. We never felt pressured to go beyond what we wanted.
Receptionist [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is amazing - she is friendly and helpful, both in person and on the phone. I was able to schedule appointments at times that were convenient to me. Walking into the clinic, everything is clean and organized. It is homey and comfortable...Everyone in the office was friendly and took time to get to know us. When I would call, I could tell that the receptionist knew who I was when I said my name. Dr Copland always took her time with us - asking questions and truly listening.
Know what you want and don't want. Dr Copland will respect your limits. Our limit was IVF and after an initial consultation and a few follow ups, we knew we would need IVF. Dr Copland shared what was available to finance it, but we walked away because it was not what we wanted. We never felt pressured to go beyond what we wanted.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Receptionist is amazing - she is friendly and helpful, both in person and on the phone. I was able to schedule appointments at times that were convenient to me. Walking into the clinic, everything is clean and organized. It is homey and comfortable.
Raleigh
She [Dr. Susannah Copland] is absolutely amazing. The perfect blend of knowledge and compassion...She adjusted medications as needed. She halted periods to allows cysts to heal to proceed with the process quicker. Did a lot of blood work to monitor levels. I had a miscarriage and she did a procedure to make sure here were no remnants for better chances of taking the next iui... Very hands on from the beginning and goes into great detail to make sure you understand the process and your options. Never feel rushed. Very thorough. I would happily recommend her to someone.
They [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine] are sometimes hard to get on the phone, but always call back or email in a timely manner. I like that you pay by cycle and not visit as they do a lot of bloodwork and ultra sounds as needed...They [the nurses] were wonderful. Even offering meditation DVD's since we have been struggling. All very nice...Around $1200 [IUI] not including donor sperm and medication
She is wonderful. Very hands on from the beginning and goes into great detail to make sure you understand the process and your options. Never feel rushed. Very thorough. I would happily recommend her to someone.
She is absolutely amazing. The perfect blend of knowledge and compassion.
They were wonderful. Even offering meditation DVD's since we have been struggling. All very nice.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
They are sometimes hard to get on the phone, but always call back or email in a timely manner. I like that you pay by cycle and not visit as they do a lot of bloodwork and ultra sounds as needed.
Around $1200 not including donor sperm and medication
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Walmer was extremely nice and caring. The only negative thing I have to say is that, he never gave me a clear idea of what next steps I should take. I wasn't ever sure if IVF was the right step for me or not.... was on Letrozole for a few cycles but they gave me headaches. He also instructed my husband to take CoQ10. I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I'm not sure they helped.
The clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is very warm and everyone is very kind.... IUI was about $900 and IVF was priced at about $17,000... I was on Letrozole for a few cycles but they gave me headaches. He also instructed my husband to take CoQ10. I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I'm not sure they helped.
Ask specific questions if you have any thoughts or questions
Dr. Walmer was always very kind and considerate of my feelings
Everyone is always very kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is very warm and everyone is very kind.
IUI was about $900 and IVF was priced at about $17,000
Raleigh
Very good doctor [Dr Copland]. I was treated with compassion and cannot complain with the level of service I was given. Always took the time to make sure I was ok. Clinic was very nice and felt like they were available for whatever I needed.... One cycle with only medication-no pregnancy. 3 IUI cycles with 300 follistim, 10 mg letrozole and pregnyl trigger, no pregnancies.
Outside of the medical staff, the office staff [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] aren't great. I was constantly told that i should be paying when my insurance covered certain services.... One cycle with only medication-no pregnancy. 3 IUI cycles with 300 follistim, 10 mg letrozole and pregnyl trigger, no pregnancies.... Very good doctor. I was treated with compassion and cannot complain with the level of service I was given. Always took the time to make sure I was ok. Clinic was very nice and felt like they were available for whatever I needed.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Outside of the medical staff, the office staff aren't great. I was constantly told that i should be paying when my insurance covered certain services.
I paid for doctor visits only, 3 IUI cycles were covered by insurance.

2013, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
I felt incredibly cared for by Dr Walmer and everyone in his office. They were patient, readily available, and made sure all of my questions were answered. Everyone in the practice who treated me knew my name and made me feel as comfortable as possible.
I felt incredibly cared for by Dr Walmer and everyone in his office [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists]. They were patient, readily available, and made sure all of my questions were answered. Everyone in the practice who treated me knew my name and made me feel as comfortable as possible.
So kind, caring and compassionate. He's truly an amazing guy.
2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr.Copland and her team have fantastic communication and show a great deal of compassion throughout the progress. I love how she maintained a sense of urgency throughout the process!
Very highly. Loved how responsive they were!

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
DR. COPLAND IS KIND AND LOGICAL, AND HER STAFF IS SUPPORTIVE. SOMETIMES, THOUGH, IT FEELS AS THOUGH MY SPECIFIC SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES ARE NOT BEING THOROUGHLY CONSIDERED WHEN I RECEIVE COMMUNICATION, OR WHEN I ASK FOR RECOMMENDATIONS...SHE IS CLEAR, COMMUNICATIVE, AND WILL OFTEN CALL TO OFFER ADDITIONAL DETAILS WHEN PORTAL MESSAGES AREN'T ENOUGH...
THE NURSING STAFF [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] IS KIND AND WARM. THEY RESPOND QUICKLY TO PORTAL MESSAGES AND ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE ANSWERS. SOMETIMES THEY SEEM TO GET A LITTLE DISORGANIZED AND RUN A BIT SLOW, BUT OVERALL, THEY ARE GREAT...LATE PRESCRIPTION CALL-INS THAT THREATENED TREATMENT TIMING ON 2 OCCASIONS, AND ONE LAPSE IN APPOINTMENT AND LAPSE IN TESTING REQUESTS...
DR. COPLAND HAS PERFORMED 4 IUIS FOR US, AND SHE ALSO ASSISTED MY OB ON AN OPERATIONAL HYSTEROSCOPY TO REMOVE SCAR TISSUE. SHE IS CLEAR, COMMUNICATIVE, AND WILL OFTEN CALL TO OFFER ADDITIONAL DETAILS WHEN PORTAL MESSAGES AREN'T ENOUGH. AS FOR SOME CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS - I THINK IT CAN BE A BIT OF A CHALLENGE TO TREAT EACH PATIENT WITH INDIVIDUALIZED CARE AND ATTENTION WHEN DOING THIS WORK DAY IN AND DAY OUT, AND SOMETIMES THAT CAME ACROSS IN HEARING HER SAY THE EXACT SAME THINGS AT EACH IUI. I RECOGNIZE THAT MIGHT BE A TECHNIQUE TO MAKE SURE NOTHING IS MISSED, THOUGH. I'VE ALSO RECEIVED WHAT I FELT WAS BAD NEWS AND GOTTEN A PRETTY MUTED RESPONSE TO FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SUBJECT, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. OVERALL, I'D DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DR. COPLAND, AND I IMAGINE SHE IS EVEN MORE USEFUL AS THE PROCEDURES GROW INCREASINGLY COMPLEX. HER ABILITY TO EXPLAIN WHAT'S HAPPENING AND WHY IT'S NECESSARY IT VERY HELPFUL TO ME.
COME READY WITH YOUR QUESTIONS, AND BE CLEAR WHEN YOU ARE ASKING FOR A RECOMMENDATION VERSES A YES OR NO ANSWER.
I TOOK 10 MG OF LETROZOLE, A TRIGGER SHOT OF OVIDREL, AND THEN HAD THE IUI. DR. COPLAND DOES A DAY 3 US AND BLOOD TESTS, A DAY 10 OR 11 US AND BLOOD TESTS, AND THEN MONITORS FOLLICLE GROWTH VIA US UNTIL IT'S TIME TO TRIGGER. THERE'S ALSO A DAY 21 BLOOD TEST. ON MY THIRD IUI, I DID GET POSITIVE BETAS AND VISIBLE SAC, BUT HAD A MISSED MISCARRIAGE AT 7 WEEKS. ALL OTHER IUIS TO DATE WERE UNSUCCESSFUL. I STARTED TREATMENT IN JUNE 2021 (AFTER A 2ND HYSTEROSCOPY) WITH A SOMEWHAT LOW AMH, AND RECENTLY HAD A MUCH LOWER AMH AND A HIGHER FSH WITH NO EXPLANATION OR MAJOR LIFE SYTLE CHANGES THAT WOULD HAVE CAUSED IT, BUT I REMAIN DIAGNOSED WITH "UNEXPLAINED"
THE NURSING STAFF IS KIND AND WARM. THEY RESPOND QUICKLY TO PORTAL MESSAGES AND ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE ANSWERS. SOMETIMES THEY SEEM TO GET A LITTLE DISORGANIZED AND RUN A BIT SLOW, BUT OVERALL, THEY ARE GREAT.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
THE CLINIC IS CALM AND CLEAN. HONESTLY, THE BIGGEST BARRIER IS COST - WE RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT WE WERE PAYING ALMOST 300% MORE FOR IUI THAN THEY CHARGE AT ANOTHER LOCAL CLINIC. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE MORE APPOINTMENTS AND SCREENINGS AT ATLANTIC, SO THAT MAY BE A REASON, BUT FOLKS MAY FIND THE FINANCIAL DISCREPANCY NOT WORTH IT.
EACH IUI CYCLE COSTS $2,350. SHOTS AND MEDS ARE ADDITIONAL, AS ARE BLOOD TESTS.
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
NO MAJOR ERRORS - BUT LATE PRESCRIPTION CALL-INS THAT THREATENED TREATMENT TIMING ON 2 OCCASIONS, AND ONE LAPSE IN APPOINTMENT AND LAPSE IN TESTING REQUESTS

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Peavey] hit the perfect tone from day one -- optimistic but forthright about concerns; caring but not indulgent; focused on outcomes but not ignoring the need for gentless and care in the process. She was prepared for every meeting, present and engaging, happy -- she made a difficult process immeasurably easier...100% fantastic, attentive, supportive, fun and loving care...
Her [Dr. Peavey's] clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is organized, easy to communicate with, and helpful; I had no problems getting in touch with her or the nurses anytime I needed them...optimistic but forthright about concerns; caring but not indulgent; focused on outcomes but not ignoring the need for gentless and care in the process. She was prepared for every meeting, present and engaging, happy -- she made a difficult process immeasurably easier...
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
She hit the perfect tone from day one -- optimistic but forthright about concerns; caring but not indulgent; focused on outcomes but not ignoring the need for gentless and care in the process. She was prepared for every meeting, present and engaging, happy -- she made a difficult process immeasurably easier.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
CHOOSE HER!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Mary Peavey was an amazing doctor! I was really nervous stepping into the fertility specialist world -- especially since, as an African American and Native American woman, I've had bad experiences with doctors and am accustomed to having my care and concerns overlooked. I experienced NONE of that with Mary -- just 100% fantastic, attentive, supportive, fun and loving care -- and thanks to her, I have my amazing daughter!
Describe the protocols Mary Peavey used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
We did a few rounds of letrozole, along with some transvaginal ultrasounds. She also put me on lovenox shots due to a previous positive result for antiphospholipid syndrome. All resulted in a wonderful, easy pregnancy and a healthy birth!
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Wherever Mary Peavey works is the clinic to go to -- I'm an incredibly thankful and loyal patient. Her clinic is organized, easy to communicate with, and helpful; I had no problems getting in touch with her or the nurses anytime I needed them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
My costs were covered by insurance, so I had no costs.
Mary Peavey
Raleigh
I still recall Dr. Walker’s compassionate and caring demeanor and his ability to clearly explain information in an understandable manner. He is absolutely the best doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything thoroughly and in a kind and caring way, since the percentages were not in my favor. I still recall our experiences with him in a favorable way..
Listen to [the Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists doctor] carefully. He will explain everything you need to know. If you don’t understand (which is doubtful), ask him to explain. He is an expert in his field and an amazing human being...I still recall Dr. Walker’s compassionate and caring demeanor and his ability to clearly explain information in an understandable manner
As I stated previously, even though 16 years have passed since I was a patient, I still recall Dr. Walker’s compassionate and caring demeanor and his ability to clearly explain information in an understandable manner. He is absolutely the best doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything thoroughly and in a kind and caring way, since the percentages were not in my favor. I still recall our experiences with him in a favorable way - many, many years later!! I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Listen to him carefully. He will explain everything you need to know. If you don’t understand (which is doubtful), ask him to explain. He is an expert in his field and an amazing human being.
Although my experience with Dr. Walmer was prior to him being with his current practice (I was a patient in early to mid 2000), I felt obligated to write this review as I still recall his compassionate, caring manner during a stressful time in my life. He and God are the reason I have two beautiful children and find memories of my experience trying to conceive. He is the most humble and caring doctor I have ever found.
Sorry, it was so long ago I don’t remember the specifics except that I now have two beautiful children!
N/A. It was so long ago.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I wish I could remember but as I said, it was some time ago. Generally, I would just say be honest about your expectations. And understand that you need to ask questions if you don’t understand something you are to do on your treatment.
Don’t remember but back then insurance didn’t pay for virtually anything.
Describe David Walmer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.

2022, 11 Eggs Frozen
I trust [Dr. Susannah Coopland] completely. She is a great physician. I felt that she listened to me and my needs. She made me feel relaxed and not worried. I think she is everything I want in a doctor...She calls me to check on me...She has trained at the right places and went to impressive schools...I used menopur and gonal-F then cetrotide and a Lupron trigger
Nurses [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] write back quickly on portal...They will also do monitoring visits on the weekend if necessary...The only problem I have is they didn’t send my drugs where I wanted and I had to transfer them. They accept progyny insurance. Retrieval is done in the same building where you do monitoring visits.
I trust her completely. She is a great physician. I felt that she listened to me and my needs. She made me feel relaxed and not worried. I think she is everything I want in a doctor. She has trained at the right places and went to impressive schools.
Make sure the nurses send your drugs to the right pharmacy. I had issue with this
She calls me to check on me. She tried to make me comfortable
I used menopur and gonal-F then cetrotide and a Lupron trigger.
I think the nurses helped me
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Nurses write back quickly on portal. This is a good thing. They will also do monitoring visits on the weekend if necessary. They made my calendar in a timely manner and always told me what I’m doing next. The only problem I have is they didn’t send my drugs where I wanted and I had to transfer them. They accept progyny insurance. Retrieval is done in the same building where you do monitoring visits.
I have progyny so that paid for most of it. Everything is billed through progyny. My meds were with cvs Caremark specialty and I only paid $171.

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Copland] is very friendly but I felt she explained things very quickly and sometimes too fast for me to understand clearly. Sometimes I felt embarrassed to ask a lot of questions, she seemed to react in a manner insinuating that I should already know certain aspects of infertility and the process. She was not very warm but did seem genuine...She was very firm that she would only transfer one...Do as much research as possible so you understand what she is talking about because she talks really fast and doesn't seem to want to take time to explain a lot
I thought the staff [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] was friendly and warm the office was clean and the waiting room is clean. There was never a long wait for my appointments. I only had to wait five minutes or less usually....We did a couple rounds of hormone shots with no success We did retrieval and ended up with one embryo...She [Dr. Copland] was very firm that she would only transfer one...
She is very friendly but I felt she explained things very quickly and sometimes too fast for me to understand clearly. Sometimes I felt embarrassed to ask a lot of questions, she seemed to react in a manner insinuating that I should already know certain aspects of infertility and the process. She was not very warm but did seem genuine.
We did a couple rounds of hormone shots with no success We did retrieval and ended up with one embryo and transferred which resulted in pregnancy but I had a miscarriage week 10. we have been saving money ever since to try again.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I thought the staff was friendly and warm the office was clean and the waiting room is clean. There was never a long wait for my appointments. I only had to wait five minutes or less usually. One time they messed up my appointment date, I was driving from wilmington to Raleigh so I drove two hours to go to my appointments, they fixed it and fit me in right away
we spent over 25,000.00 so far
She was very firm that she would only transfer one

2019, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Susannah Copland] is amazing with her language and atmosphere...brings you into her office vs the lab room to talk to you about your next steps...She gave us the step by step solution for donor eggs...very impressed with her giving me an opportunity to bring my spouse in and then another opportunity to bring my mother in so that we all can work through this together...
[Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is small which makes you feel very intimate and that everyone is handling your matter seriously and with confidence. The waiting room is very small as well so you know that they take privacy very serious...[staff] were all polite and assisting with all of my next appointments and needs. They called me by my first name which was very appealing.
She is amazing with her language and atmosphere. She provides the care that is needed for such a sensitive issue to deal with. I was very impressed with her giving me an opportunity to bring my spouse in and then another opportunity to bring my mother in so that we all can work through this together.
Be open to her advice and ask questions because she is brilliant.
She is an amazing woman and she brings you into her office vs the lab room to talk to you about your next steps. Never with an end of pregnancy but next steps.
She gave us the step by step solution for donor eggs. I had no other options to choose from based on our situaiton.
They were all polite and assisting with all of my next appointments and needs. They called me by my first name which was very appealing.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is small which makes you feel very intimate and that everyone is handling your matter seriously and with confidence. The waiting room is very small as well so you know that they take privacy very serious.
It was paid for through my insurance.
None.

2015 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Copland] was extremely sympathetic and caring, would meet with me for over an hour every time. Called me to follow up or check in many times . She even did all of my ultrasounds herself... The best doctor that I have ever had in my entire life. She was so caring and compassionate that I was actually sad to be released once I was finally pregnant. She would literally let me spend as long as I needed in her office, sometimes talking to me well over an hour
I could go on and on over all the strengths but pretty much I think they [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] are hands-down the best in the area. Weaknesses as their billing dept but I have heard all the ones in the area suck in that aspect... The best doctor that I have ever had in my entire life. She [Dr. Copland] was so caring and compassionate that I was actually sad to be released once I was finally pregnant.
Go to her and nobody else in the area
She was extremely sympathetic and caring, would meet with me for over an hour every time. Called me to follow up or check in many times . She even did all of my ultrasounds herself
My issue was recurrent pregnancy loss and poor egg quality so that is why we elected to do PGS
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I could go on and on over all the strengths but pretty much I think they are hands-down the best in the area. Weaknesses as their billing dept but I have heard all the ones in the area suck in that aspect
2013, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Copeland is great and she has an awesome reputation. She keeps up with new technology and uses it. She also will coordinate care with an acupuncturist....She spent a lot of time listening to me and she went over my results. She took a you time explaining things to us at the consultation....I went to see her for a second opinion. She is great and really listen and cared. She provided mental health resources which is important and I haven’t seen this at any other clinic. I didn’t use her clinic since my insurance didn’t cover anything there....
Good atmosphere [Atlantic Reproductive Med] and staff. Dr. Copeland is great and she has an awesome reputation. She keeps up with new technology and uses it. She also will coordinate care with an acupuncturist....I went to see her for a second opinion. She is great and really listen and cared. She provided mental health resources which is important and I haven’t seen this at any other clinic.
I went to see her for a second opinion. She is great and really listen and cared. She provided mental health resources which is important and I haven’t seen this at any other clinic. I didn’t use her clinic since my insurance didn’t cover anything there. I have sent many friends to her.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Good atmosphere and staff. Dr. Copeland is great and she has an awesome reputation. She keeps up with new technology and uses it. She also will coordinate care with an acupuncturist. I can’t recommend her enough.
Raleigh

Every time I expressed concerns, Dr. Walmer offered to sit with me and chat about them. I appreciate this as it clears things up easily...He can talk kind of fast, so take notes and don't be afraid to come back later with questions about the previous conversation...We start our IVF cycle soon but I have started priming with BCP and testosterone gel -- the gel is due to my low AMH. We'll be using Cetrotide, Menopur, Gonal-F, HCG, Dexamethasone, and Lupron trigger. No results, yet.
The clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] responds quickly but maybe not as thoroughly as I would like. People in the clinic are friendly and compassionate. I've found it decently easy to get an appointment that works for my schedule. I love having onsite procedures and always seeing the doctor (Vs having ultrasound techs, etc)...So far most of my communication with the nursing staff has been via the portal. There have been a few instances of miscommunication and confusion, which have been frustrating. Nothing has impacted my timeline, thankfully.
Dr. Walmer treats you like you matter and he is the person you see for all procedures, which is great. He can need to be reminded of your particular case, but that's very normal for a busy doctor. He is very good at explaining without jargon and helping you understand. So far in my time with him, he's also been great about my 1,000 questions.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic responds quickly but maybe not as thoroughly as I would like. People in the clinic are friendly and compassionate. I've found it decently easy to get an appointment that works for my schedule. I love having onsite procedures and always seeing the doctor (Vs having ultrasound techs, etc).
I haven't received my bills, yet
Dr. Walmer speaks highly of eSET.
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
I was asked to go in for bloodwork on CD3, which I did. Later, I was told some bloodwork was missing so they drew blood again. When those results came in, I saw that it was a REPEAT of the labs done a week prior. I contacted asking them why, because I will be charged twice. They admitted the mistake and worked to remove the bill for the 2nd round.
Charlotte (closed)