Selling medication is not offered

301 McCullough Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
919) 328-3105

2022, Successful
Dr.Peavey genuinely cared for me and my husband and our success. There were days I only had to go in for bloodwork and she would still stop by and check in with me. I felt very minimal stress through IVF because I fully trusted she was doing everything to get me pregnant...She is clearly wicked smart, but she explains everything in a way that a non-medical person can understand. She set such realistic expectations for my cycle, so I was emotionally prepared throughout the whole process....
The nurses [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] are all lovely! I loved seeing them throughout my cycle. All were very knowledgeable and understanding of the stress I was under...Everyone is so kind and willing to assist. I never felt like I was bothering anyone with questions. The only weakness in my opinion is the waitlist. But that’s honestly just a testament to how exceptional the clinic is. I would say the wait is annoying, but completely worth it to have such high quality care....
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Peavey is such an amazing doctor and person. I am so grateful I found my way to her. She is clearly wicked smart, but she explains everything in a way that a non-medical person can understand. She set such realistic expectations for my cycle, so I was emotionally prepared throughout the whole process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
You’re in good hands. Listen to her guidance and know that she will listen to you, too. Your ultimate outcome is hers as well!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the protocols Mary Peavey used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
I was on the agonist protocol. The reason being I have PCOS and we both wanted to mitigate my chances of OHSS. I was on Gonal F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. I did a Lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The nurses are all lovely! I loved seeing them throughout my cycle. All were very knowledgeable and understanding of the stress I was under.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I loved my doctor and the team that she worked with. Everyone is so kind and willing to assist. I never felt like I was bothering anyone with questions. The only weakness in my opinion is the waitlist. But that’s honestly just a testament to how exceptional the clinic is. I would say the wait is annoying, but completely worth it to have such high quality care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Peavey at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
~$15,000
Describe Mary Peavey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
My doctor adheres to the best practices of ASRM; therefor due my young age I was advised to only transfer one embryo at a time.
Mary Peavey

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
DR. COPLAND IS KIND AND LOGICAL, AND HER STAFF IS SUPPORTIVE. SOMETIMES, THOUGH, IT FEELS AS THOUGH MY SPECIFIC SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES ARE NOT BEING THOROUGHLY CONSIDERED WHEN I RECEIVE COMMUNICATION, OR WHEN I ASK FOR RECOMMENDATIONS...SHE IS CLEAR, COMMUNICATIVE, AND WILL OFTEN CALL TO OFFER ADDITIONAL DETAILS WHEN PORTAL MESSAGES AREN'T ENOUGH...
THE NURSING STAFF [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] IS KIND AND WARM. THEY RESPOND QUICKLY TO PORTAL MESSAGES AND ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE ANSWERS. SOMETIMES THEY SEEM TO GET A LITTLE DISORGANIZED AND RUN A BIT SLOW, BUT OVERALL, THEY ARE GREAT...LATE PRESCRIPTION CALL-INS THAT THREATENED TREATMENT TIMING ON 2 OCCASIONS, AND ONE LAPSE IN APPOINTMENT AND LAPSE IN TESTING REQUESTS...
How was your experience with Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
DR. COPLAND HAS PERFORMED 4 IUIS FOR US, AND SHE ALSO ASSISTED MY OB ON AN OPERATIONAL HYSTEROSCOPY TO REMOVE SCAR TISSUE. SHE IS CLEAR, COMMUNICATIVE, AND WILL OFTEN CALL TO OFFER ADDITIONAL DETAILS WHEN PORTAL MESSAGES AREN'T ENOUGH. AS FOR SOME CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS - I THINK IT CAN BE A BIT OF A CHALLENGE TO TREAT EACH PATIENT WITH INDIVIDUALIZED CARE AND ATTENTION WHEN DOING THIS WORK DAY IN AND DAY OUT, AND SOMETIMES THAT CAME ACROSS IN HEARING HER SAY THE EXACT SAME THINGS AT EACH IUI. I RECOGNIZE THAT MIGHT BE A TECHNIQUE TO MAKE SURE NOTHING IS MISSED, THOUGH. I'VE ALSO RECEIVED WHAT I FELT WAS BAD NEWS AND GOTTEN A PRETTY MUTED RESPONSE TO FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SUBJECT, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. OVERALL, I'D DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DR. COPLAND, AND I IMAGINE SHE IS EVEN MORE USEFUL AS THE PROCEDURES GROW INCREASINGLY COMPLEX. HER ABILITY TO EXPLAIN WHAT'S HAPPENING AND WHY IT'S NECESSARY IT VERY HELPFUL TO ME.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
COME READY WITH YOUR QUESTIONS, AND BE CLEAR WHEN YOU ARE ASKING FOR A RECOMMENDATION VERSES A YES OR NO ANSWER.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the protocols Susannah Copland used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
I TOOK 10 MG OF LETROZOLE, A TRIGGER SHOT OF OVIDREL, AND THEN HAD THE IUI. DR. COPLAND DOES A DAY 3 US AND BLOOD TESTS, A DAY 10 OR 11 US AND BLOOD TESTS, AND THEN MONITORS FOLLICLE GROWTH VIA US UNTIL IT'S TIME TO TRIGGER. THERE'S ALSO A DAY 21 BLOOD TEST. ON MY THIRD IUI, I DID GET POSITIVE BETAS AND VISIBLE SAC, BUT HAD A MISSED MISCARRIAGE AT 7 WEEKS. ALL OTHER IUIS TO DATE WERE UNSUCCESSFUL. I STARTED TREATMENT IN JUNE 2021 (AFTER A 2ND HYSTEROSCOPY) WITH A SOMEWHAT LOW AMH, AND RECENTLY HAD A MUCH LOWER AMH AND A HIGHER FSH WITH NO EXPLANATION OR MAJOR LIFE SYTLE CHANGES THAT WOULD HAVE CAUSED IT, BUT I REMAIN DIAGNOSED WITH "UNEXPLAINED"
THE NURSING STAFF IS KIND AND WARM. THEY RESPOND QUICKLY TO PORTAL MESSAGES AND ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE ANSWERS. SOMETIMES THEY SEEM TO GET A LITTLE DISORGANIZED AND RUN A BIT SLOW, BUT OVERALL, THEY ARE GREAT.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
THE CLINIC IS CALM AND CLEAN. HONESTLY, THE BIGGEST BARRIER IS COST - WE RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT WE WERE PAYING ALMOST 300% MORE FOR IUI THAN THEY CHARGE AT ANOTHER LOCAL CLINIC. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE MORE APPOINTMENTS AND SCREENINGS AT ATLANTIC, SO THAT MAY BE A REASON, BUT FOLKS MAY FIND THE FINANCIAL DISCREPANCY NOT WORTH IT.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susannah Copland at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
EACH IUI CYCLE COSTS $2,350. SHOTS AND MEDS ARE ADDITIONAL, AS ARE BLOOD TESTS.
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
NO MAJOR ERRORS - BUT LATE PRESCRIPTION CALL-INS THAT THREATENED TREATMENT TIMING ON 2 OCCASIONS, AND ONE LAPSE IN APPOINTMENT AND LAPSE IN TESTING REQUESTS

2022, 11 Eggs Frozen
I trust [Dr. Susannah Coopland] completely. She is a great physician. I felt that she listened to me and my needs. She made me feel relaxed and not worried. I think she is everything I want in a doctor...She calls me to check on me...She has trained at the right places and went to impressive schools...I used menopur and gonal-F then cetrotide and a Lupron trigger
Nurses [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] write back quickly on portal...They will also do monitoring visits on the weekend if necessary...The only problem I have is they didn’t send my drugs where I wanted and I had to transfer them. They accept progyny insurance. Retrieval is done in the same building where you do monitoring visits.
I trust her completely. She is a great physician. I felt that she listened to me and my needs. She made me feel relaxed and not worried. I think she is everything I want in a doctor. She has trained at the right places and went to impressive schools.
Make sure the nurses send your drugs to the right pharmacy. I had issue with this
She calls me to check on me. She tried to make me comfortable
I used menopur and gonal-F then cetrotide and a Lupron trigger.
I think the nurses helped me
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Nurses write back quickly on portal. This is a good thing. They will also do monitoring visits on the weekend if necessary. They made my calendar in a timely manner and always told me what I’m doing next. The only problem I have is they didn’t send my drugs where I wanted and I had to transfer them. They accept progyny insurance. Retrieval is done in the same building where you do monitoring visits.
I have progyny so that paid for most of it. Everything is billed through progyny. My meds were with cvs Caremark specialty and I only paid $171.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Peavey] hit the perfect tone from day one -- optimistic but forthright about concerns; caring but not indulgent; focused on outcomes but not ignoring the need for gentless and care in the process. She was prepared for every meeting, present and engaging, happy -- she made a difficult process immeasurably easier...100% fantastic, attentive, supportive, fun and loving care...
Her [Dr. Peavey's] clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is organized, easy to communicate with, and helpful; I had no problems getting in touch with her or the nurses anytime I needed them...optimistic but forthright about concerns; caring but not indulgent; focused on outcomes but not ignoring the need for gentless and care in the process. She was prepared for every meeting, present and engaging, happy -- she made a difficult process immeasurably easier...
She hit the perfect tone from day one -- optimistic but forthright about concerns; caring but not indulgent; focused on outcomes but not ignoring the need for gentless and care in the process. She was prepared for every meeting, present and engaging, happy -- she made a difficult process immeasurably easier.
CHOOSE HER!
Mary Peavey was an amazing doctor! I was really nervous stepping into the fertility specialist world -- especially since, as an African American and Native American woman, I've had bad experiences with doctors and am accustomed to having my care and concerns overlooked. I experienced NONE of that with Mary -- just 100% fantastic, attentive, supportive, fun and loving care -- and thanks to her, I have my amazing daughter!
We did a few rounds of letrozole, along with some transvaginal ultrasounds. She also put me on lovenox shots due to a previous positive result for antiphospholipid syndrome. All resulted in a wonderful, easy pregnancy and a healthy birth!
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Wherever Mary Peavey works is the clinic to go to -- I'm an incredibly thankful and loyal patient. Her clinic is organized, easy to communicate with, and helpful; I had no problems getting in touch with her or the nurses anytime I needed them.
My costs were covered by insurance, so I had no costs.
Mary Peavey

Investment Banker
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Walmer was very straight forward while also being compassionate...He kept in touch and was always quick to answer...I was ok with doing a single transfer like my doctor recommended...We did egg retrieval and decided to go the frozen transfer route to give my body time to heal ...I am glad we did because I developed OHSS. Two months later we did a transfer...I was on progesterone injections and estrogen tablets
They [nurse of Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] were always so friendly and compassionate...They were also easy to get in touch with and very thorough...[est.cost] a copay at each visit of $60. We had to pay a little over $12,000 for egg retrieval and $3000 for speed aspiration...The injestions were roughly $4,000. Then just prior to starting FET we paid another $5000... Everyone was so compassionate and made sure I was always comfortable and at ease.
How was your experience with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Walmer was very straight forward while also being compassionate. He wanted us to start a family as bad as we did. He kept in touch and was always quick to answer. He was very calming and knowledgeable. I have recommended him to everyone that I know. He gives you the facts but in a gentle way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr Walmer is on the ball. He is ready to get going and get you started on a family. He knows exactly what plan is next. I would definitely say to trust him and let him do his job. He knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
I always felt like a human under this doctors care. From the lady’s at the front desk to the nurses to the doctor. Everyone was so compassionate and made sure I was always comfortable and at ease.
Describe the protocols David Walmer used in your cycles at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
Luckily my treatment was pretty straight forward. My husband has cystic fibrosis so we knew that was why we couldn’t get pregnant. We did egg retrieval and decided to go the frozen transfer route to give my body time to heal from that which I am glad we did because I developed OHSS. Two months later we did a transfer. I was on progesterone injections and estrogen tablets. Unfortunately I stopped at 7 weeks due to miscarriage.
The nursing staff was nothing but amazing! They were always so friendly and compassionate. They remembered personal things about me and would make conversation to ease the nerves. I had a very bad phobia of needles and they were so patient with me. They were also easy to get in touch with and very thorough!
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is great at getting you in for an appointment. It is a very comforting and nice clinic. It is very warm and inviting. The only weakness is having to come back and forth so much. I wish there was a way to combine some appointments but I know they have a strategy behind what they do.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Walmer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
We had a copay at each visit of $60. We had to pay a little over $12,000 for egg retrieval and $3000 for speed aspiration a week before my baseline ultrasound. The injestions were roughly $4,000. Then just prior to starting FET we paid another $5000
Describe David Walmer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I was ok with doing a single transfer like my doctor recommended. Being that we are very young and all my labs looked normal, we believed I wouldn’t have had trouble getting pregnant if it won’t for male infertility.
Raleigh

[Dr. Susannah Copland] She always seemed concerned about me as a person and not just fertility related and has checked on me twice since everything was halted due to COVID19...We discussed IUI vs IVF and she explained the difference between the two and what would likely result in the best success...She also advocated for us when we couldn’t get an appointment scheduled with genetics (my husband has a genetic condition). She personally contacted that doctor and they called us and got us in for an appointment a week later...
[nurses of Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] They were professional but also caring. They took time to explain any procedures to me...They only transfer one embryo at a time. I am already considered higher risk because of my weight and medical history...Everything I had done up to that pin t was covered by my insurance. The cost of IVF to the clinic was around 20K with additional costs going to various labs or genetics counseling or medications
Dr Copland was very compassionate. She Would seek to learn things about me as a person and took time to explain things. Even though I have a background in medical she talked to me like I had no clue what she was talking about which is great because this was not my area of expertise. She also advocated for us when we couldn’t get an appointment scheduled with genetics (my husband has a genetic condition). She personally contacted that doctor and they called us and got us in for an appointment a week later.
Have your questions ready but don’t hesitate to ask further questions to better understand things.
We started with letrozole and did trigger shots and ultrasounds with blood work. We opted for this route to see if we could produce ovulation since clomid never worked. We discussed IUI vs IVF and she explained the difference between the two and what would likely result in the best success. I did ovulate with letrozole but timed intercourse did not result in a pregnancy. Things paused right after discussing the IVF process because of COVID19
They were always smiling and seemed to remember who I was. They were professional but also caring. They took time to explain any procedures to me before dr Copland came in
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The waiting room is heavenly. It is relaxing and comfortable as well as calming with the use of sound machines. They offer various beverage choices while waiting and there is even a little chocolate available if you need it
Describe Susannah Copland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
They only transfer one embryo at a time. I am already considered higher risk because of my weight and medical history so I was comfortable with this choice

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Copland is very detailed. It is a small practice and she spent her time explaining the treatment plan with you. We never felt rushed through any of our appointments. She answered questions quickly thorough the portal and never made you feel like you were asking crazy questions...We were extremely impressed that she was present during our whole IUI process. From the ultrasounds, meetings, and the IUI...
[Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] You never felt rushed during your consultation, you always saw the doctor even for your ultrasounds and IUI procedures. Anytime you had a question on portal you received a response back within the same time, sometimes within the hour. The front desk staff is extremely friendly...The only down side is the price is a little higher but we are okay with that because we get the individualized attention we need and the thoroughness from the doctor.
Dr. Copland is amazing. She is extremely personable and takes her time when examining your case. She is a wealth of knowledge and always stays current. She is very detailed orientated and takes her time explaining everything to her clients. We were extremely impressed that she was present during our whole IUI process. From the ultrasounds, meetings, and the IUI it was amazing as we didn't get that from other clinics.
Take your time and weigh all your options. Sometimes it is not always about cost but about the quality of the service.
During our IUI treatment she monitored by follicles. When some were larger then the others we decided to put me on birth control to level the playing field for the rest of them. She didn't rush my IUI cycle and we actually had to wait 2 months until my body was ready and my follicles were mature enough. Although it didn't result in a successful pregnancy we felt we did what was necessary during that cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Candice Ortego)
Candice was always so friendly. Anytime I had a question on portal she would promptly respond.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Atlantic Reproductive Medicine is an amazing clinic. After being at 2 other clinics and just feeling like a number, when we arrived at ARMS is was like a breath of fresh air. You never felt rushed during your consultation, you always saw the doctor even for your ultrasounds and IUI procedures. Anytime you had a question on portal you received a response back within the same time, sometimes within the hour. The front desk staff is extremely friendly. This was the best decision we made with switching clinics. The only down side is the price is a little higher but we are okay with that because we get the individualized attention we need and the thoroughness from the doctor. We had twice the amounts of monitors at ARMS versus the other clinic we were at. If you are thinking of making the switch I would definitely make it to Atlantic Reproductive.
Our visits were covered under insurance so we just paid our co-pay. The IUI procedure was a little expense compared to other clinics but offered more monitoring. I believe with medicine is was around $1600.00
Raleigh

She [Dr. Susannah Copland] takes her time to explain everything to me in detail and she's always willing to answer any questions I may have. I draw a lot of strength from her positive attitude, even though I have had 2 failed IUIs, I am still very hopeful that my IVF with her will be successful. Dr. Copland led all of my treatments from consultation to insemination this makes me feel she's very familiar with my case.
You don't find a crowed waiting room at [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] as they seem to keep their appointments on time. They are warm and welcoming. I do not think they have a payment plan or any form of financial assistance program for IVF patients...The nurses at ARM are caring, friendly and always willing to listen and render assistance. They respond to my questions on the patient portal in a timely manner.
Dr. Susan Copland is very caring with an excellent knowledge of fertility treatments. She is always welcoming and compassionate. She is usually clear and honest about our treatment plan and expectations. She takes her time to explain everything to me in detail and she's always willing to answer any questions I may have. I draw a lot of strength from her positive attitude, even though I have had 2 failed IUIs, I am still very hopeful that my IVF with her will be successful. Dr. Copland led all of my treatments from consultation to insemination this makes me feel she's very familiar with my case.
You're in good hands. Just go in with a positive mindset and write down whatever questions you may have for the doctor before your appointment. Best of luck!
Dr. Susan Copland and her staff are very passionate about their job. Each time I visit her, she makes me feel we are on this journey together especially since I'm taking the decision as a single mom by choice after an abusive marriage. There is no better feeling than having a supportive doctor. Despite 2 failed IUIs, I'm still optimistic that I will conceive with the help of Dr. Susan Copland because of the passion she has for her job.
IUI insemination using donor sperm. We opted for IUI as it is a cheaper treatment compared to IVF, also because Dr. Copland and I came to an agreement to try IUI first since I hadn't tried it before. I used donor sperm because I do not have a partner.
The nurses at ARM are caring, friendly and always willing to listen and render assistance. They respond to my questions on the patient portal in a timely manner. I have never had a reason to doubt or question their integrity.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
You don't find a crowed waiting room at ARM as they seem to keep their appointments on time. They are warm and welcoming. I do not think they have a payment plan or any form of financial assistance program for IVF patients. which means you as a patient, will bare the financial burden of the treatment alone.
IUI insemination $1760

2020, Consult
Dr.Walmer gives you a very personal experience and makes you feel like you aren’t just a number...Due to my husband having such low numbers and be possibly having final damage , he suggested going to IVF , I told him I would like to try at least 1 a IUI , he listened to me and allowed me to do a IUI even though the chances were slim , my husband had 700,000 on IUI day and Dr.Walmer still gave us hope , needless to say we are embarking on a IVF journey . Frozen embryo transfer with ICSI
[Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] Strengths are the personal experiences, great patient portal access, weaknesses are maybe the front end staff , they are not as nice as they could be...The nurse staff was absolutely wonderful and I was so glad that I could contact them via the patient portal whenever i had questions or concerns...
Dr.Walmer gives you hope no matter the situation. He is also very knowledgeable due to his length of time as a RE . He has been doing this for 30 years so I trust his judgement , even when I don’t immediately see his views he’s always right
Make sure you ask all the questions you need , and don’t feel rushed even though the practice is busy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jen Wheeler)
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Strengths are the personal experiences, great patient portal access, weaknesses are maybe the front end staff , they are not as nice as they could be . But overall great facility and I would recommend to anyone struggling with fertility
Well I had to reach a deductible of 1500$ before my insurance would really help . I had to pay out of pocket for all testing , HSG was over 500$ etc , I paid about 200 for IUI , I also paid 200$ for every ultrasound, now that my deductible is met my insurance will pay half on IVF which is should 3,000-4,000 plus I have yo pay for medications which is roughly 5,000$
I am young so I agree with the single embryo transfer approach
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
I was just a bit confused on our diagnosis, he stated it could be unexplained, male factor or possible tubal damage
Raleigh

Dr. Walmer was always available to answer questions and thoroughly explain both the treatment plan and the reasons behind the treatment plan. He probably took longer than an hour with us on our first appointment...was available for every ultrasound/appointment...UI was first recommended for us...all three cycles failed. IVF was a combo of menopur/gonal-f then ganirelx to avoid ovulation. Did PGT testing, so a frozen transfer that using oral estrogen and progesterone in oil
The clinic [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is small and there are very short wait times. Dr. Walmer was available for every ultrasound/appointment...You also get to know the nurses and the rest of the support team...always really quick to reply in the portal...the retrieval cycle was out of pocket and was something like 12K (teacher discount) ...they strongly recommended eSET
come with a list of questions.
IUI was first recommended for us - and my insurance covered it. We did 7.5mg letrozole 10 days, all three cycles failed. IVF was a combo of menopur/gonal-f then ganirelx to avoid ovulation. Did PGT testing, so a frozen transfer that using oral estrogen and progesterone in oil. Atlantic batch cycles so both the egg retrieval and transfer cycles started with birth control.
Nursing staff was great, always really quick to reply in the portal and glad to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is small and there are very short wait times. Dr. Walmer was available for every ultrasound/appointment, which I liked. You also get to know the nurses and the rest of the support team. As a data nerd, I appreciated the size of the clinic - any 'average' stat is likely to apply to your care team given that there are few doctors/embryologists whereas, in larger clinics, there may be significant provider-to-provider variation that is not reflected in overall statistics.
IUIs were covered by insurance, so some small copay + letrozole, which is really cheap. the retrieval cycle was out of pocket and was something like 12K (teacher discount) and the transfer cycle was also out of pocket and about 3K. Meds covered by insurance (mostly) were about 2K.
Given our age and the fact that the embryos were tested, they strongly recommended eSET
Raleigh

Dr. Walmer acknowledged my emotional involvement during the entire process. He was the only provide that offered to try with my own eggs even though he highly recommended donor eggs for our best chance of success. He was flexible in scheduling phone appointments to discuss treatment and even utilized his personal time to meet my schedules needs...When utilizing donor eggs, single embryo transfer is recommended because the eggs are younger and hence less likely to have chromosome abnormalities
My [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] nurse was present for every telephone appointment scheduled and completely the task assigned for that appointment. She was not personable and often was following standard treatment regimens... $30k was spent for all treatment completed under his care. Including ERA, mock transfer, saline sonogram, donor egg and fertilization, ICSI, PGT-A, 2 embryo transfers and medications...This clinic has providers and coordinators that clearly have the same goal as their patients. It is noticeable during treatment that they stay current on treatment options for their patients and keep them informed.
Dr. Walmer is a very knowledgeable and research oriented provider that attributed to a trusting environment and my confidence in his ability to help us achieve our goal of starting a family. His warm bedside manner enable an open means of communication where I was able to participate in decision making for my treatment plan and ask any and every question that crossed my mind.
Do not hesitate to calm your mind and nerves by asking questions. Fertility treatment is stressful and there’s a lot of emotions involved. We as patients worry about some of the smallest details and then try to keep them to ourselves because we feel they’re silly. Don’t. Ask and he will give you answers that will instantly settle you.
Pentoxifylline was utilized during my second transfer (after my first ended in a chemical pregnancy) from day one until I started Progesterone in Oil injections to aid and encourage circulation to my developing lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Eboney)
My nurse was present for every telephone appointment scheduled and completely the task assigned for that appointment. She was not personable and often was following standard treatment regimens. She tried to reschedule my medication regimen when there was a variation from the standard. It was not in error it was in relation to my diagnosis. It is important to read patients charts prior to appointments to be able to accurately determine patient needs.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
This clinic has providers and coordinators that clearly have the same goal as their patients. It is noticeable during treatment that they stay current on treatment options for their patients and keep them informed. Their location is highly accessible for local and traveling patients. Their office is clean and tidy.
When utilizing donor eggs, single embryo transfer is recommended because the eggs are younger and hence less likely to have chromosome abnormalities that one may see in older eggs or one with DOR. Multiple embryo transfer puts you at higher risk for multiple pregnancy, increasing the risks of complications during your pregnancy.
Raleigh

Dr. Walmer has provided me and my husband with clear options and helps us choose the best option for us. He is kind and a compassionate listener...Ask as many questions as you need because he is good at providing answers and explaining potential choices...[he] has such a kind, caring spirit and it is obvious that he is full of compassion for the families he works with..
The nursing staff at [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] clinic are so kind. They show compassionate care in every visit...Everyone at this clinic deeply cares about their patients and it shows in the way they interact with us and encourage us...The cost for an IUI procedure without health insurance is about $1400-$1600 at this clinic...
Dr. Walmer has provided me and my husband with clear options and helps us choose the best option for us. He is kind and a compassionate listener. It is obvious that he deeply cares about his patients. Every single visit I've had with him has left me feeling hopeful and encouraged and like I have a great team behind me and helping us grow our family.
Dr. Walmer has such a kind, caring spirit and it is obvious that he is full of compassion for the families he works with. He is warm and direct which I appreciate. Everyone at this clinic deeply cares about their patients and it shows in the way they interact with us and encourage us.
The nursing staff at this clinic are so kind. They show compassionate care in every visit.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I have had a great experience at this clinic. Everyone is kind and helpful fro the front desk team, to the nurses and the doctors. I have been quite impressed with this clinic and although we have not conceived yet, we are confident in our treatment plan and trust that we will grow our family with the help and support of every single person that works at this clinic and is part of our care.

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Copland] is very friendly but I felt she explained things very quickly and sometimes too fast for me to understand clearly. Sometimes I felt embarrassed to ask a lot of questions, she seemed to react in a manner insinuating that I should already know certain aspects of infertility and the process. She was not very warm but did seem genuine...She was very firm that she would only transfer one...Do as much research as possible so you understand what she is talking about because she talks really fast and doesn't seem to want to take time to explain a lot
I thought the staff [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] was friendly and warm the office was clean and the waiting room is clean. There was never a long wait for my appointments. I only had to wait five minutes or less usually....We did a couple rounds of hormone shots with no success We did retrieval and ended up with one embryo...She [Dr. Copland] was very firm that she would only transfer one...
She is very friendly but I felt she explained things very quickly and sometimes too fast for me to understand clearly. Sometimes I felt embarrassed to ask a lot of questions, she seemed to react in a manner insinuating that I should already know certain aspects of infertility and the process. She was not very warm but did seem genuine.
We did a couple rounds of hormone shots with no success We did retrieval and ended up with one embryo and transferred which resulted in pregnancy but I had a miscarriage week 10. we have been saving money ever since to try again.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I thought the staff was friendly and warm the office was clean and the waiting room is clean. There was never a long wait for my appointments. I only had to wait five minutes or less usually. One time they messed up my appointment date, I was driving from wilmington to Raleigh so I drove two hours to go to my appointments, they fixed it and fit me in right away
we spent over 25,000.00 so far
She was very firm that she would only transfer one
Raleigh

Set aside more time than usual for your first appointment as she [Dr. Copland] is very detailed and thorough and will review a lot of information. ... After every monitoring visit, she goes over the results immediately in her office. There is no wait for results. She goes over everything in detail. Any questions are answered at that time. ... She is very compassionate and caring.
The billing department [Atlantic Repro Med Spec] has been easy to work with and they are thorough. They respond promptly to inquiries. ... My husband said the male room is top notch. They allow your acupuncturist to come before and after your retrieval. The clinic is fragrance and chemical free. ... Some people are bothered by pictures of babies. There are none at the clinic.
She is very compassionate and caring. She takes time to make sure you understand everything. After every monitoring visit, she goes over the results immediately in her office. There is no wait for results. She goes over everything in detail. Any questions are answered at that time. She will call personally after retrieval and transfer. I saw her every visit but one when she was out of town.
Set aside more time than usual for your first appointment as she is very detailed and thorough and will review a lot of information. She does not rush you out.
I felt like a human. We first met her at a Resolve support group meeting. Our first appointment was very detailed and thorough, giving us a good feeling. She treated us like real people. She is very compassionate and caring about her patients. She uses just enough science and layperson language to make the process understandable. She called several times after hours to check on me and when I had questions at off hours, she would call back directly.
I did the protocol with micro dose Lupron because on a previous IUI attempt, it is thought that I ovulated early and therefore the IUI was canceled. I did this protocol to prevent that early ovulation. I was on birth control for a few weeks and testosterone gel for 21 days going into stim cycle. She also had me on HGH in the middle of the stim cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
All of the nurses were very caring and compassionate. They enjoy their work and care about their patients. They took time to explain things and took extra time and care for me when my veins did not cooperate for blood draws. My main nurse had gone through infertility treatment as well and understood what the process is like emotionally.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The front staff is always friendly and they know you by name by the second appointment. I was always greeted by name when I walked in the door. The billing department has been easy to work with and they are thorough. They respond promptly to inquiries. Some people are bothered by pictures of babies. There are none at the clinic. My husband said the male room is top notch. They allow your acupuncturist to come before and after your retrieval. The clinic is fragrance and chemical free.
We are still waiting for our insurance to process our claims.
We only had one embryo to transfer.
Raleigh

I feel like Dr. Copland listens to my desires and priorities. We had a bit of a communication mishap, but she did a great job (called me personally after work) to correct the issue. ... When I first saw Dr. Copland I thought I understood the next steps, but then our online messaging communication did not portray that. It was frustrating to not feel like I knew what was going on, but Dr. Copland reached out to me to fix the situation. It required that I communicate my frustrations, but she responded well. She is very caring and listens well.
I feel like I have to follow-up with any particular questions or issues and sometimes I have to do so on multiple occasions. I still don't have an understanding of finances and I've been talking with the clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] for months. But the facilities are nice and the nursing team is great. The other doctor at the clinic is also responsive and responded to an off-hours request for me.
Make sure you are on the same page and understand all of the next steps before leaving.
I have just finished the diagnostic component of treatment and have not yet started treatment, so I feel like I cannot speak to this.
Each time I have gone in for a diagnostic, the nurse working with me has been very helpful and communicative. They listened to me and were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I feel like I have to follow-up with any particular questions or issues and sometimes I have to do so on multiple occasions. I still don't have an understanding of finances and I've been talking with the clinic for months. But the facilities are nice and the nursing team is great. The other doctor at the clinic is also responsive and responded to an off-hours request for me.
Still TBD.
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
I just feel like sometimes I don't receive all of the information. They were supposed to prepare a Univfy report, and I have yet to see it. They also ordered labwork that I already had done and didn't want to pay for, without confirming I wanted/needed that bloodwork.
Raleigh

We have had a positive experience with this clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Med Specialists], primarily due to the wonderful care from both Dr. Copland and the nurses. We have never had a problem scheduling appointments nor faced long wait times, unexpected bills, or other problems common to medical facilities.... All the nurses and MAs were kind and helpful. They were compassionate both in person and online and recognized that we were people
We have had a great experience working with Dr. Copland. She was kind, understanding and clearly very knowledgeable about fertility. She had clear suggestions for next steps, always made plenty of time for us to ask questions, and was present at all of our appointments. She always presents all the information she has but never pushes us to go in one direction. She has gone out of her way to accommodate our schedule and provide the information we needed quickly. She is responsive and always happy to explain more or answer questions.
Ask questions when you aren't sure about things. I was unclear about some of the processes to expect with the clinic and the details of the treatments we were considering, but Dr. Copland always answered my questions kindly and quickly, both in person and over email.
Dr. Copland balances intelligence and professionalism with warmth and compassion. Even though she has many patients, we always felt like she saw us as individuals. She remembered details about our lives, was friendly and welcoming, and acknowledged that we were in a stressful situation.
We have unexplained infertility and due to our insurance coverage, Dr. Copland recommended going immediately to IUI. On our first IUI cycle I was on 7.5mg of letrazole and ended up with too many mature follicles. Dr. Copland clearly explained the risks of multiples and made herself available for an extra ultrasound while we were considering whether to proceed. We ended up canceling that cycle altogether. Our second IUI used 5mg of letrazole and we had an appropriate follicle response but missed the ovulation window (because we were trying to use an at home ovulation predictor kit rather than trigger shot) so it was essentially converted to a medicated timed intercourse cycle. Following that we had 3 IUIs using 5mg of letrazole and an Ovidrel trigger shot. All went smoothly but none resulted in a pregnancy. We are now moving forward with IVF with Dr. Copland.
All the nurses and MAs were kind and helpful. They were compassionate both in person and online and recognized that we were people, not numbers, and were in a stressful time. They delivered news of negative tests with kindness and were prompt to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
We have had a positive experience with this clinic, primarily due to the wonderful care from both Dr. Copland and the nurses. We have never had a problem scheduling appointments nor faced long wait times, unexpected bills, or other problems common to medical facilities.
Thus far in our treatment, most costs have been covered by insurance. We have had to pay under $1,000 in co-pays and prescription costs. We are planning to move forward with IVF and have received quotes from this clinic that are about $12,000+ for a fresh cycle, $16,000+ for frozen, and $30,000+ for the refund program (covering 3 frozen cycles). Those do not include medications, which have been estimated at $5,000.
N/A - we have not begun IVF yet
Raleigh

Every time I expressed concerns, Dr. Walmer offered to sit with me and chat about them. I appreciate this as it clears things up easily...He can talk kind of fast, so take notes and don't be afraid to come back later with questions about the previous conversation...We start our IVF cycle soon but I have started priming with BCP and testosterone gel -- the gel is due to my low AMH. We'll be using Cetrotide, Menopur, Gonal-F, HCG, Dexamethasone, and Lupron trigger. No results, yet.
The clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] responds quickly but maybe not as thoroughly as I would like. People in the clinic are friendly and compassionate. I've found it decently easy to get an appointment that works for my schedule. I love having onsite procedures and always seeing the doctor (Vs having ultrasound techs, etc)...So far most of my communication with the nursing staff has been via the portal. There have been a few instances of miscommunication and confusion, which have been frustrating. Nothing has impacted my timeline, thankfully.
Dr. Walmer treats you like you matter and he is the person you see for all procedures, which is great. He can need to be reminded of your particular case, but that's very normal for a busy doctor. He is very good at explaining without jargon and helping you understand. So far in my time with him, he's also been great about my 1,000 questions.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic responds quickly but maybe not as thoroughly as I would like. People in the clinic are friendly and compassionate. I've found it decently easy to get an appointment that works for my schedule. I love having onsite procedures and always seeing the doctor (Vs having ultrasound techs, etc).
I haven't received my bills, yet
Dr. Walmer speaks highly of eSET.
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
I was asked to go in for bloodwork on CD3, which I did. Later, I was told some bloodwork was missing so they drew blood again. When those results came in, I saw that it was a REPEAT of the labs done a week prior. I contacted asking them why, because I will be charged twice. They admitted the mistake and worked to remove the bill for the 2nd round.
Charlotte (closed)

2019, Consult
Dr. Copeland was so so patient. She reviewed all of my files from NYC, where I had lived and done 3 hormones/timed intercourse, egg retrieval and 2 FETS previously, page by page. She asked questions, listened to my concerns, clarified information, and was even generous with advice about how to be monitored in a different location than my embryos.
Phone was excellent. Billing [Atlantic Repro Med] was less so - not friendly in person, though on the phone very friendly. They give a teacher discount, which is super great, though needed convincing I'm a teacher, even though two colleagues referred me to her. ... My only interaction was vitals because I was in for a consult. The nurse was professional, friendly, and clear.
I wanted a consult so that I can establish care in NC if necessary, as I have frozen embryos in NYC that we are going to try FETS with first. Dr. Copeland was generous with her time, patient, and exhaustive. She familiarized herself with my files and patiently answered all questions. She was kind and understanding.
Know that you are in safe, caring hands so the cost (if out of pocket like I would be) is worth it.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Phone was excellent. Billing was less so - not friendly in person, though on the phone very friendly. They give a teacher discount, which is super great, though needed convincing I'm a teacher, even though two colleagues referred me to her.
Expensive, though I would have to pay out of pocket because she isn't in my insurance network.
Suggested transfer one embryo at a time because of my age and health. Was clear about why - and I agree.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Copland is extremely detail-oriented and very thorough. She is great if you want to understand what's going on with your fertility and with the treatment options. She is an excellent communicator, very compassionate about our situation, and very respectful of absolutely everyone.... The only caveat I would mention is that if you wanted to try something unusual, experimental, or out of the box, you should probably look elsewhere.
The clinical care here [Atlantic Reproductive Med] is fantastic, in my experience, and they have excellent administrative staff and everyone is very caring and compassionate. This clinic is on the more expensive side, compared with what I've seen, however, and don't expect them to waive any requirements to save you money. I've had a few weird things happen with the financials and billing. However, they have always straightened out any issues.
Dr. Copland will give you fantastic care. The only caveat I would mention is that if you wanted to try something unusual, experimental, or out of the box, you should probably look elsewhere.
Dr. Copland is extremely sensitive and patient, and she never makes you feel rushed.
One IUI cycle without meds, not successful. One IUI cycle with letrozol and Ovidrel, was successful.
Fantastic nursing staff here. I would trust them with anything! They always treated me with respect and patience, even when I knew I was acting like a paranoid crazy person.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinical care here is fantastic, in my experience, and they have excellent administrative staff and everyone is very caring and compassionate. This clinic is on the more expensive side, compared with what I've seen, however, and don't expect them to waive any requirements to save you money. I've had a few weird things happen with the financials and billing. However, they have always straightened out any issues.
I'm really sorry but I don't remember! We've spent so much money on fertility it's all a very expensive blur at this point.
Raleigh

Dr Walmer spent 2 hours talking to us and explaining why we probably haven’t gotten pregnant yet due to my endometriosis. He explained things in a way the past 3 doctors never did. We felt Valued and taken care of. We have never felt this way with any doctor before ... We tried 3 months of clomid with no response , 4 iui’s but Dr Walmer wanted to do a higher dosage of letrozole for a longer period to try to produce more eggs to get where they need to go.
Strengths- everyone [Atlantic Repro Med Specialists] we met was very nice and welcoming. The lobby/ waiting room had water, tea, coffee and snacks. They were all organized, and they seemed to really care. They have a portal and are quick to answer questions. There’s an on call doctor and nurse at all time ... They were kind and courteous but he is the one that calls me after ultrasounds and bloodwork
Dr Walmer took the time to explain so much to us. We had seen 3 doctors before him and the 2 hours spent with him were more informative and better than any other doctor. We felt like the most important people in the room with him.
Go in expected to be cared for and have all of your questions answered!
I have endometriosis and had surgery to remove it in 2017. We tried 3 months of clomid with no response , 4 iui’s but Dr Walmer wanted to do a higher dosage of letrozole for a longer period to try to produce more eggs to get where they need to go. He doesn’t think we need iui because my husband’s sperm count and motility are so great
I have honestly interacted with Dr Walmer more than the nursing staff. They were kind and courteous but he is the one that calls me after ultrasounds and bloodwork
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Strengths- everyone we met was very nice and welcoming. The lobby/ waiting room had water, tea, coffee and snacks. They were all organized, and they seemed to really care. They have a portal and are quick to answer questions. There’s an on call doctor and nurse at all time
Copay 80 dollars with blue Cross blue shield
Raleigh

[Dr. Walmer] is a very thorough and intelligent doctor who will go above and beyond to care for you...My treatment plan...consisted of timed intercourse with Letrozole to aid in ovulation and occasional ovidrel injections to know a more precise time of ovulation. At the beginning we tried provera to induce a period but i did not react ideally so we began Letrozole shortly after. One cycle we used Estrace to increase estradiol levels but it was not needed other cycles. I was monitored with trans vaginal ultrasounds, saline ultrasounds, and an HSG dye test. My husband also had semen analysis performed...is a very thorough and intelligent doctor who will go above and beyond to care for you.
You are in great hands with a wonderful doctor and awesome nurses [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists]... Occasionally communication was complicated by portal due to not every nurse knowing my situation or Dr. Walmer and I’s plan, but they were always quick to help however possible...I have zero complaints honestly, they have been awesome. I wish there were more finance options to help with out of pocket costs, but they try to help anyway they can...My treatment plan with Dr. Walmer consisted of timed intercourse with Letrozole to aid in ovulation and occasional ovidrel injections to know a more precise time of ovulation. At the beginning we tried provera to induce a period but i did not react ideally so we began Letrozole shortly after. One cycle we used Estrace to increase estradiol levels but it was not needed other cycles. I was monitored with trans vaginal ultrasounds, saline ultrasounds, and an HSG dye test. My husband also had semen analysis performed.
Dr. Walmer is a kind, compassionate, and intelligent doctor. He always has your best interest at heart. He is straight forward with his course of action and rationale, but also is warm in speaking of all news.
You are in great hands with a wonderful doctor and awesome nurses.
Dr. Walmer is a very thorough and intelligent doctor who will go above and beyond to care for you.
Amazing nurses at ARM. Occasionally communication was complicated by portal due to not every nurse knowing my situation or Dr. Walmer and I’s plan, but they were always quick to help however possible.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Atlantic Reproductive Medicine facility is an amazing place. I have zero complaints honestly, they have been awesome. I wish there were more finance options to help with out of pocket costs, but they try to help anyway they can.
Currently everything minus genetic testing and a copay have been covered as My treatment plan is timed intercourse.

2019, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Susannah Copland] is amazing with her language and atmosphere...brings you into her office vs the lab room to talk to you about your next steps...She gave us the step by step solution for donor eggs...very impressed with her giving me an opportunity to bring my spouse in and then another opportunity to bring my mother in so that we all can work through this together...
[Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is small which makes you feel very intimate and that everyone is handling your matter seriously and with confidence. The waiting room is very small as well so you know that they take privacy very serious...[staff] were all polite and assisting with all of my next appointments and needs. They called me by my first name which was very appealing.
She is amazing with her language and atmosphere. She provides the care that is needed for such a sensitive issue to deal with. I was very impressed with her giving me an opportunity to bring my spouse in and then another opportunity to bring my mother in so that we all can work through this together.
Be open to her advice and ask questions because she is brilliant.
She is an amazing woman and she brings you into her office vs the lab room to talk to you about your next steps. Never with an end of pregnancy but next steps.
She gave us the step by step solution for donor eggs. I had no other options to choose from based on our situaiton.
They were all polite and assisting with all of my next appointments and needs. They called me by my first name which was very appealing.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is small which makes you feel very intimate and that everyone is handling your matter seriously and with confidence. The waiting room is very small as well so you know that they take privacy very serious.
It was paid for through my insurance.
None.
Raleigh

Dr. Copeland is just an all around good person. She will go above and beyond to make sure that every question you may have gets an honest answer. She lays it all on the line while remaining very hopeful and optimistic. I really and truly believe with her knowledge and experience that my partner and I will have a healthy baby!... She recommended that I take vitamins. D, fish oil, ovavite by theralogic. She checked my vitamin D and AMH levels. My AMH is higher range than expected by age. She separated into 2 phases. First phase was ovarian stimulation the second phase was to prepare the uterus for a frozen embryo transfer.
Small clinic [Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] so you get all the one on one attention when you’re being served. Always make you feel like you are the most important. The main Embryologist is a very caring and she loves her job. Your babies are safe with her... [Cost Of Treatment] 18,500... Katie nurse coordinator and the other staff members are all great, they treat the severity of the situation with being discreet and with a very warm shower.
You have found a great doctor!
From the very beginning Dr.Copland explained the entire process to my partner and I very thoroughly. She has been very caring and sensitive to our needs. Any questions or concerns that we may have she always gives her expert advice with the best and worst scenario. With her you get the feeling of genuine love from start to finish.
She recommended that I take vitamins. D, fish oil, ovavite by theralogic. She checked my vitamin D and AMH levels. My AMH is higher range than expected by age. She separated into 2 phases. First phase was ovarian stimulation the second phase was to prepare the uterus for a frozen embryo transfer. This minimizes my chances of ovarian hyperstimulation. She recommended a psych evaluation and sperm donor clinics. She also completed a unifvy report, this report explained chances of conception.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Katie Bandy)
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Small clinic so you get all the one on one attention when you’re being served. Always make you feel like you are the most important. The main Embryologist is a very caring and she loves her job. Your babies are safe with her
The univfy report stated the more cycle the better your chances of conception are

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
[Dr. Susannah Copland has a] Great bedside manner. However, I do wish that she would be a bit more creative and cutting edge in her treatment. If it is not currently evidence based, she's not going to go for it...I have never had a doctor spend so much time with me. I feel listened to and heard by Dr. Copland. She is thorough and informed...She has returned called in the evening and even while driving home from work!
The billing/financial staff [at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists] are pretty terrible. I've been given incorrect prices, billed incorrectly, failed to be notified a storage payments were due, etc.. I literally had to walk one guy through his own price sheet because he was telling me something different than what was on the sheet (he couldn't seem to interpret it correctly). Unfortunately because the rest of their staff from the front desk, to the nurses, to the lab specialists, to the doctors are all amazing.
I have never had a doctor spend so much time with me. I feel listened to and heard by Dr. Copland. She is thorough and informed. Great bedside manner. However, I do wish that she would be a bit more creative and cutting edge in her treatment. If it is not currently evidence based, she's not going to go for it. My friends at other clinics are getting promising treatments and protocols that go far beyond what I got at Atlantic, especially during IVF. If there is no harm, I'd rather give anything and everything a shot even if something is still being studied.
Dr. Copland is caring and compassionate. She puts her patients first. She has returned called in the evening and even while driving home from work!
The nursing staff are a wonderful group! Very competent and caring.
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Pros: This is a smaller clinic and you get a more personalized experience in a "spa-like" environment. I have never had a doctor spend so much time with me during appointments and in follow up. They truly care here. Super LGBTQ friendly. There are a couple of weaknesses: 1) Price. They are a bit more expensive than other clinics in the area. 2) Their policy of charging an extra $500 for using frozen sperm in an IUI cycle is ridiculous. I am not aware of any other clinic that does this across the U.S. and I am part of a number of very large Facebook groups for fertility patients. It bothers me enough that I may actually switch clinics over it. 3) It's very challenging to reach someone by phone- they say not to use the portal for urgent matters, but then don't return phone calls in a timely manner. 4) They are very "by the book" in terms of treatment. Yes of course I want evidence based, but I'd also really like to try immune protocols and promising practices like low dose naltrexone, etc..
I don't have the specifics available, but I will say that they are slightly higher than at least one of the other clinics in the area. Also, as already mentioned, you will have to pay a ridiculous $500 extra for IUI's if you are using frozen sperm (because it must be so hard to set that vial of already washed/prepped sperm out on the counter to unthaw...).
What specific things went wrong at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
The billing/financial staff are pretty terrible. I've been given incorrect prices, billed incorrectly, failed to be notified a storage payments were due, etc.. I literally had to walk one guy through his own price sheet because he was telling me something different than what was on the sheet (he couldn't seem to interpret it correctly). Unfortunately because the rest of their staff from the front desk, to the nurses, to the lab specialists, to the doctors are all amazing.
Raleigh

In our only ivf cycle our first retrieval yielded zero eggs. He [Dr. David Walmer] had me take another trigger and come back in for another retrieval on the same cycle (something that I later learned is extremely rare). Of the three eggs we had one make it to transfer and is now our sweet, spunky little boy. Dr. Walmer is incredibly knowledgeable, keeps up to date on current research, and is one of the most genuine people I have ever met.
I have no complaints about the clinic [ARMS- Raleigh]. The financial coordinator was thorough during our appointment, giving options and information on any additional costs that may incur. The patient portal was amazing as I used it often. I messaged once on a weekend because I was not sent an injection pen with my medications (through a separate pharmacy) and the other doctor on staff met me that day with a pen. I couldn't recommend ARM more.
I went to three clinics or consultations before deciding on Dr Walmer for our ivf. He made such a difficult process seem easy and full of hope. We had a few setbacks and he always took the time to find a solution. In our only ivf cycle our first retrieval yielded zero eggs. He had me take another trigger and come back in for another retrieval on the same cycle (something that I later learned is extremely rare). Of the three eggs we had one make it to transfer and is now our sweet, spunky little boy. Dr. Walmer is incredibly knowledgeable, keeps up to date on current research, and is one of the most genuine people I have ever met.
Stay away from Google and trust that he is doing the best course with your specific diagnosis in mind!
Dr. Walmer was the most kind doctor and followed up his warm bedside manner with lots of research, follow ups, and excellent care. He gave hugs and seemed to honestly care along every step of the way.
To help with my sanity I kept away from overanalyzing the protocols for my cycle. I wanted to keep stress free during the process so put my trust in his decisions. I know this is not the route for everyone but I am so glad I did. Of course now I remember nothing of your protocols and slightly regret that since we may try again in the near future.
I saw Dr. Walmer for most appointments but did communicate with the nurses a great deal through the patient portal. They were always quick to respond and friendly-even when I was a nervous wreck at times!
Describe your experience with Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I have no complaints about the clinic. The financial coordinator was thorough during our appointment, giving options and information on any additional costs that may incur. The patient portal was amazing as I used it often. I messaged once on a weekend because I was not sent an injection pen with my medications (through a separate pharmacy) and the other doctor on staff met me that day with a pen. I couldn't recommend ARM more.
My husband mostly handled the financial aspect but I believe it was 11/12 k for the procedure (ivf with icsi) and another 3k for medications. We paid out of pocket and they did help by providing a list of ways to get discounted medications.
Dr. Walmer strongly suggests single embryo and though I do agree we had no choice since only one embryo made it transfer.