Audubon Fertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Biloxi
1721 Medical Park Drive
Biloxi, LA 39532
4321 Magnolia Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Audubon Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 23Neutral: 4Don't recommend: 29
3 doctors
From the minute you walk in- you feel like family! The front office staff members [Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] are so friendly. They know you! I rarely had to walk up to the counter because they they check you in the system the minute you walk in the door. The nurses are kind and knowledgeable. They are easy to get in touch with. They have a lab in house, which makes your daily lab work super convienent!
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
From the minute you walk in- you feel like family! The front office staff members are so friendly. They know you! I rarely had to walk up to the counter because they they check you in the system the minute you walk in the door. The nurses are kind and knowledgeable. They are easy to get in touch with. They have a lab in house, which makes your daily lab work super convienent! The doctors are amazing! They do all of your ultrasounds and monitoring. They are available to answer your questions! The clinic is clean and updated. No complaints!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Caroline Juneau at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Juneau is hands down the best doctor I’ve ever worked with. She is extremely compassionate and knows her stuff! She is honest, but re-assuring. She evaluates all possibilities before deciding how aggressive to be. I had an ectopic pregnancy with my 2nd IUI and she was with me every step of the way. She has truly been a light in this pretty dark experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debbie and Brittany )
Amazing nursing staff. Easy to communicate with and always returned my calls or answered emails. Truly make you feel like family.
How was your experience with Caroline Juneau at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Juneau is Intelligent, trustworthy, and compassionate. She is extremely kind and makes the patient feel like family. She explains every detail of both the IUI and IVF process. She is very detailed and doesn’t miss a beat. She has been a true blessing. She was with me every step of my infertility process. She made my husband and I feel like family. She is extremely thorough. She knows her stuff! She personally performed my ectopic surgery- even though it took place at a hospital and not the clinic. This was so reassuring during such a scary time. After my ectopic, Dr. Juneau presented my husband and me with all of our possible options. We decided to move forward with IVF/ICSI/PGS and transfer using a frozen embryo rather than fresh. We only transferred one and it worked! We are excited to say we are expecting our first miracle and rainbow baby in December (2018). Dr. Juneau monitored me every week prior to the transfer and after until we reached 10 weeks. We “graduated” and I began seeing my regular OB. The week of my first visit with my OB, Dr. Juneau messaged me to check on us! She didn’t have to do that- but that is th kind of doctor that she is. Leaving Dr. Juneau was bittersweet. Although we were sad to no longer be under her care- we knew it meant things were progressing as they should for a healthy pregnancy! I would recommend, and do, Dr. Juneau to anyone experiencing infertility. She is truly a light in such a dark time!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caroline Juneau at Audubon Fertility?
Trust her! She welcomes questions and concerns and always listens. She gives recommended actions- trust her advice. Infertility is such a difficult time and there are so many decisions that need to be made- trust her and allow her to help take some of thher decision making off of your plate.
Describe the protocols Caroline Juneau used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
HSG- checked to make sure tubes were clear before beginning IUI. They were. 1st: IUI with clomid- transvaginal monitoring and bloodwork .... BFN 2nd: IUI with injectables- transvaginal monitoring and bloodwork... BFP, low HCG to start, but began to double appropriately. Resulted in ectopic, with emergency ectopic surgery and left tube removal. Dr. Juneau performed my entire procedure and checked my right tube as well. IVF- Gonal, Menapur, Cetrotide.... transvaginal monitoring and bloodwork, 15 retrieved, 11 mature and inseminated, 8 fertilized, (3) 5 day blasts (frozen after biopsy sent off for PGS testing). PGS: 2 normal and 1 abnormal. Used birth control to control cycle, started Estrace and PIO (progesterone in oil injections). Monitored often. Transfered 1 embryo when the timing was right- BFP! Dr. Juneau personally monitored the pregnancy until week 10 ( which is when I got off of PIO). Baby due 12/29/18!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Caroline Juneau at Audubon Fertility.
About 5,000 for IUI About 24,000 for IVF All process fees stated above included my labs and monitoring, medication. My insurance doesn’t cover- so this was out of pocket fees.
Describe Caroline Juneau's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Audubon Fertility.
Dr. Juneau recommends transferring 1 embryo. If for some reason the 1 didn’t take- she believes in having a discussion about the possibility to try (2) for the 2nd transfer. Not promised.
Caroline Juneau
New Orleans
The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is outstanding. They are an incredible group of strong, compassionate, and helpful women. I've talked and emailed with everyone one of the nurses on staff and each experience met or exceeded my expectations. They have been there for me in good times and bad.... There is an awesome Urologist on staff at Audubon Fertility, but he only works out of the clinic once a month.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Clinic's Strengths: Attentive & Friendly Staff, Dedicated Doctor's, Coordinator To Explain Breakdown of Costs, Quick Response Times, Surgery Center Located Next Door To Clinic, Reserved Parking Lot In downtown Area Clinic's Weaknesses: If I had to think of any at all - There is an awesome Urologist on staff at Audubon Fertility, but he only works out of the clinic once a month. If he could be there more than once a month that would be helpful. You can see him outside of the clinic, but for record keeping purposes it's easier to have everything done at Audubon Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
My husband and I had originally started out at a different clinic. We had 9 months of terrible experiences where no solutions were offered and they kept putting us through test after test. I ran into a friend who said Audubon Fertility will do a complimentary second opinion consultation. I made an appointment and it was the best decision for my husband and I. First off, the front office staff is extremely courteous, will always answer your calls or get back to you the same day, and they will personally do their best to help you out instead of transferring you to a voicemail. Second, the nursing staff is absolutely spectacular - They answer their calls too, or if you have to leave a voicemail, you WILL hear back from them the same day. In addition their personalities are just so positive that it makes you feel good being there and uplifts your spirit. Third, Dr. Wells is just simply the best. She never makes you feel rushed when you're at the office, she is calm, collected, positive, and extremely knowledgeable. I trust her completely and have the utmost confidence in her abilities to help us get pregnant. Dr. Wells will also personally call you with updates or to see how you're doing. That kind of personal touch goes a long way and means a whole lot to a patient when going through such an emotional process. Each and every time you walk into Audubon Fertility you feel like family, and you know, without hesitation, that you are going to receive the very best from each person who assists you that day.
The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is outstanding. They are an incredible group of strong, compassionate, and helpful women. I've talked and emailed with everyone one of the nurses on staff and each experience met or exceeded my expectations. They have been there for me in good times and bad. They have helped me understand the medication I take, the procedures I am going through, risks involved, they are attentive to follow ups of any kind, and most importantly are willing to hold your hand or be a shoulder to cry on when needed.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
My experience as a patient with Dr. Wells has been positive. You can tell that she genuinely wants to help you get pregnant. After our first embryo transfer we got pregnant, but unfortunately lost the pregnancy at 7 weeks and 4 days. We had no idea we had lost the pregnancy until we went in for the ultrasound. One of the nurses came in first and had to break the news when no heartbeat showed. She brought Dr. Wells in to take a second look and to confirm the loss. We were devastated, but I can vividly remember looking up and seeing that Dr. Wells was equally devastated. It is refreshing to meet a doctor who is clearly invested in the treatment and success of her patients. I genuinely look forward to continuing my treatment under Dr. Wells' care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
I would tell any prospective patient to remember to be kind to themselves and be kind to their doctor. Both you and the doctor are doing everything possible to reach a successful pregnancy. Sometimes things do not always go as planned, but that is not your fault or the doctor's.
Describe the protocols Lindsay Wells used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
After our egg retrieval, we were due to have a fresh embryo transfer, but had to postpone as my progesterone levels came back a little too high and Dr. Wells did not want to risk that causing a miscarriage. We decided to transfer (1) frozen fair/fair embryo in September 2016. I was placed on birth control from day (1) of my period and stopped after per the schedule given to me by the nurse, I did the vaginal progesterone, baby aspirin, and pre-natal vitamins along with fish oil. I was placed on bed rest for 72 hours after the transfer. After the miscarriage at 7 weeks and 4 days we had a D&C. The embryo was sent to a lab and the results came back stating that there were no chromosomal abnormalities. Blood work was ordered to see if my blood was too thick and may have possibly caused the miscarriage, but those results came back negative as well. We took about two months to heal from the D&C with no exercise or sexual activity for 4 to 6 weeks. We transferred (2) frozen good/fair embryos in January 2018. I was placed on birth control from day (1) of my period and stopped after per the schedule given to me by the nurse, I did the vaginal progesterone, baby aspirin, and pre-natal vitamins along with fish oil. I was placed on bed rest for 72 hours after the transfer. Unfortunately both embryos did not take. I know that each cycle was treated a little differently, but I do not remember exactly how. I do know that the final transfer is being handled completely different from the prior (2). We decided to take a few months off before transferring the last embryo. We are currently waiting for my next cycle to start so that we may begin the process again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility.
We had $20,000 max life insurance coverage for infertility. Some costs were out of pocket but the surgery center would call to verify and breakdown the costs and then send a follow up email. Some of the costs out of pocket were labs which were out of network, anesthesia fees, medication costs. Most of the anesthesia and medication costs were covered by insurance but there was some out of pocket due.
Describe Lindsay Wells's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Audubon Fertility.
We had a thorough explanation from day (1) as to why we should transfer a certain amount of embryos. We started with only one as we did not necessarily fit the profile to transfer more. The one we transferred was a good, healthy embryo. With the second transfer we decided to use (2) embryos as they were frozen at the same time. In order to use (1) we would have had to thaw both and then re-freeze (1) again. The doctor felt confident with this approach too.
New Orleans
Everyone [at Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] was always very friendly and did whatever they could to answer our questions, even when they weren't seeing us that day. They made everything a lot easier to deal with. Getting a negative pregnancy test over and over can really bring you down, but they were always there with smiling faces to help bring our spirits back up...My first two IUIs altogether with medicine and sperm were around $2,500 each. The other two IUIs were around $3,000 each. The IVF (procedure, meds, PGS, etc) will be around $25,000.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The only weakness about the clinic is the lack of parking! Seriously, that's it. I'm from a small town where you can always get a parking spot. Not used to the city's craziness. The clinic was always very clean and organized. They definitely make you feel like you are important there. The atmosphere is welcoming and "homey. " Definitely not like your standard doctor's office.
Everyone at Dr. Well's office is very friendly and welcoming. Each visit the I saw Dr. Wells she knew exactly where I was at in my treatment, and always explained thing clearly to me. She made sure I understand and was ok with anything she offered before moving forward. She also included my wife in on the conversations where she was able to be there - that was very important to the both of us.
Everyone was always very friendly and did whatever they could to answer our questions, even when they weren't seeing us that day. They made everything a lot easier to deal with. Getting a negative pregnancy test over and over can really bring you down, but they were always there with smiling faces to help bring our spirits back up.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is an overall very friendly and personable Dr. She always made feel comfortable with whatever we had going on at the time. I'm usually a very private person, I keep things to myself and whatever I don't know, I'll figure out on my own. Dr. Wells made sure to explain things to me, I never felt rushed and she never had any issue getting on the phone with me to explain anything I didn't understand.
Don't be afraid to ask questions! They won't know to answer them unless you ask!
The first two IUIs I underwent at Dr. Well's office were just clomid and trigger. Each time I only had at the most 2 mature follicles. The other 2 IUIs were Letrozole, injections, and trigger. The first one was great, I ended up with around 10 follicles (I think) and 2 good sized ones, but we stopped the injections because we didn't want too many to mature. My final IUI I did the exact same medicine and injections, but only ended up with one follicle, so we didn't do the insemination. So now we are moving on to IVF!! I actually start stimulating next week and we are so hopeful this works! We are using a known donor sperm for this. I'm also donating some of my embryos to my best friend so she can get pregnant!
2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
The entire clinic [Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Med] is “strength”. The are such a cohesive unit and seem to be pro patient from check in until check out and everyone in between. The only problem I ever had was communication through email was lacking once when Debbie seemed a little overwhelmed.... We were out of pocket the entire time. Our first fresh cycle totaled around $20,000. The two frozen transfers came in around $4,000-$6,000.
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The entire clinic is “strength”. The are such a cohesive unit and seem to be pro patient from check in until check out and everyone in between. The only problem I ever had was communication through email was lacking once when Debbie seemed a little overwhelmed.
I have always have a very personal experience with not only Dr. wells but also every member of the staff. Even in the hardest moments, which was when I needed them most, they were always there for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
I’ve been working with Debbie since 2012 and she has always been amazing. She remembers me, every detail, and my goals for my family. Their clinic is growing but she always makes you feel like you’re the most important person when she’s speaking to you.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is not only an amazing professional who is dedicated to her work, but also someone who takes the time to look you in the eyes and remember you. She’s been through infertility struggles herself and gives that part of herself to empathize with you. You never feel like a number and you always know that there’s someone who has your back.
Let her in. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable and emotional. She is the one Dr who didn’t judge my emotions, but instead lent a hug and made me feel like I was normal.
She was very aggressive with my initial fresh IVF protocol due to my AMH being low and me being young. She also was pretty adamant on making sure we understood the single embryo transfer way and positive reasons.
Dr. Wells is very pro single embryo but is open to discussing up to two.
New Orleans
Everyone who works at the clinic [Audubon - NO] is extremely caring & compassionate. They are concerned about how you feel & always take the extra step to explain in detail what the treatment is & that you understand it....There are usually plenty of available appointment times, morning & afternoon....All the nurses are so nice & compassionate. They make you feel like it's okay to be there & they make you feel at ease.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
There are usually plenty of available appointment times, morning & afternoon. The Viviere center where they prep the stuff for IUI, is right next to the clinic. There is a positive, calming atmosphere. The staff is very compassionate & will answer any questions you may have. The treatment plants are explained thoroughly.
Everyone who works at the clinic is extremely caring & compassionate. They are concerned about how you feel & always take the extra step to explain in detail what the treatment is & that you understand it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: JAMIE)
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She is a very compassionate person & you can tell she cares about her patients. I feel that she is very honest. When my lining had improved, she kept saying how beautiful it was. When my left follicle wasn't as big as it should be, she told me but still put a positive note on my right follicle being so big. I love the honesty.
Thorough & always has a plan.
For my first IUI, I was still seeing my gynocologist who had prescribed Clomid. This was my 5th month on clomid with no results. Because I was still taking it, Dr. Wells tried the first IUI, but it did not work. The second IUI was with Letrozole, and did not work due to my left follicle being small and right follicle being extremely large. I am currently on my second month of Letrozole and will also be taking a follicle injection, and then the IUI.
Current IUI + injectable package costs around $1,400 without insurance
none
New Orleans
Very nicely decorated, friendly staff [Audubon - NO], reasonable fertility packages if your insurance doesn't cover fertility, terrible parking, and right down the street from an abortion clinic...the parking is bad you might end up parking by the abortion clinic and getting harrassed by protestors...Never really had experience with the nursing staff just over the phone and through e-mail....I didn't feel like I was being used to get better success rates
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Very nicely decorated, friendly staff, reasonable fertility packages if your insurance doesn't cover fertility, terrible parking, and right down the street from an abortion clinic, I believe it's a woman's choice but since the parking is bad you might end up parking by the abortion clinic and getting harrassed by protestors
I didn't feel like I was being used to get better success rates
How was your experience with Caroline Juneau at Audubon Fertility?
A pretty good doctor very nice explained most of the details always responded and answered questions. Wanted to jump to surgery right away after I had just undergone surgery less than a year prior to me seeing her.
You will not be disappointment and try to come with a list of questions so u can have them answered right away.
First visit was a consultation, then I went in for a SIS I opted out of the hsg which would have been the next test. On day 3 of my cycle I went in for a baseline ultrasound then I went in for a day 11 ultrasound after taking letrazole for 5 days my eggs weren't quite ready so I went in again on day 13 they were ready so I triggered at 9 15 that night and my iui was scheduled for 36 hours later. Then after the iui I went into the office for a hcg test which came out negative
250 for consult 350 for sis 525 for hsg 1250 for medicated iui monitoring which included all the ultrasounds, and bloodwork 120 for letrazole and 83 for trigger shot I had to pay everything out of pocket because my insurance does not cover fertility
Caroline Juneau
New Orleans
Our experience thus far has been exceptional. The front office staff is always very nice and understanding. The nurse we have seen has always been very sweet and compassionate. We have seen Dr. Laborde regarding my husband and we have really trusted his opinion...We have only been acquainted with a young lady that brings us back and takes his blood pressure, weight etc. She has always been so friendly and refreshing...155.00 each semen analysis.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
We are in the very beginning of our infertility journey. Our experience thus far has been exceptional. The front office staff is always very nice and understanding. The nurse we have seen has always been very sweet and compassionate. We have seen Dr. Laborde regarding my husband and we have really trusted his opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Laborde at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Laborde sat down with us and spoke on our level. I felt that he explained our situation in the best way possible and we appreciated his hopeful but also realistic opinion. He was honest and did not fill us with false hope.
How was your experience with Eric Laborde at Audubon Fertility?
My husband's sperm count is severely low. Dr. Laborde was compassionate but also honest with our realistic course of action. He remained hopeful but also did not fill us with false hope, which we as a couple struggling with infertility truly appreciate. Specifically, when my husband asked if starting clomid would increase his count enough for IUI, Dr. Laborde told us "He has seen it happen, but it is a huge jump to get to that point". I appreciated the honesty more than he will ever know. We now know what our course of action will most likely have to be and we know what to work towards.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Laborde at Audubon Fertility?
Ask as many questions as you need, he will answer honestly.
Describe the protocols Eric Laborde used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
We ran a preliminary semen analysis on my husband. We were told that the result count was severely low. Dr. Labored ordered a second semen analysis and also ordered blood work. The blood work came back showing my husband has a low testosterone level. Dr. Laborde started my husband on Clomid, explaining why he could not start him on any kind of testosterone booster (because it would diminish the little count he does have). He explained that the hope is that Clomid will help his body naturally produce testosterone and in turn MAY increase his sperm count. He did tell us that we have quite a way to go before we would be eligible for IUI but that IVF would still be possible for us. He requested that we have blood work done a month after taking clomid and to return to do a semen analysis and to see him after 3 months of the medication. We are still in that process. We are looking forward to the next meeting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Laborde at Audubon Fertility.
155.00 each semen analysis. I am not sure about the actual visit with Dr. Laborde, my husband has primary and secondary insurance that seemed to have covered it.
Eric Laborde
New Orleans
The staff p[Audubon] take the time to provide personal and individualized care for us. The are friendly and are available after hours for questions. The staff are blessed with the ability and knowledge to assist others to build families....I will never forget the accommodations that were made to allow for me to receive services locally instead of always having to travel to New Orleans. From the welcoming smile at the front desk, to the hesitation of getting on the scale before vitals..because we all know the scale lies!
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The staff take the time to provide personal and individualized care for us. The are friendly and are available after hours for questions. The staff are blessed with the ability and knowledge to assist others to build families.
The staff took the time to provide personal and individualized care for us since. Accommodations were made to allow for me to receive services locally instead of always having to travel to New Orleans. There was always a welcoming smile at the front desk, rapid email responses and friendly faces.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
I will never forget the accommodations that were made to allow for me to receive services locally instead of always having to travel to New Orleans. From the welcoming smile at the front desk, to the hesitation of getting on the scale before vitals..because we all know the scale lies! To the awkwardness of holding your bladder for an hour and a half to be told it's too full. To rapid email responses. To a friendly face saying your almost to the end just a few more days to stim. To a great egg report at retrieval. To an encouraging word to know there was a perfect lining to put the only two embryos we had back in. The staff are blessed with the ability and knowledge to assist others to build families. Even though things didn't work out as planned we are still grateful for the process with Audubon Fertility.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is very knowledgeable able IVF. She answered questions in office and through email. We we upset that we didn't get more quality eggs and feel that we were not informed of supplements and lifestyle changes before going through with IVF to get better results. Even though things didn't work out as planned we are still grateful for the process with Audubon Fertility.
Be sure to ask what happens if no embryos are made or you are left with a negative pregnancy test and no embryos. Ask all the questions you have and don't depend on Google to answer them.
I stimmed for 12 days with Gonal F, Menopur, Cetritide and triggered shot. We knew going in it would be a frozen transfer. At retrieval, seventeen eggs were retrieved, 12 were mature and seven were fertilized with ICSI. On the day 6 report only two embryos made it to freeze. I requested a natural cycle for transfer and Dr. Wells agreed I was a good candidate. Unfortunately, I ovulated before trigger and that cycle was canceled so instead we did a medicated cycle with Estradiol and PIO. Since we couldn’t afford PGS testing and my age considered as a factor we opted to put the only two embryos we had back in. Unfortunately, I didn't get pregnant.
My insurance does not cover fertility treatment. We paid out of pocket for all treatment, labs, ultrasounds and medications.
Since we couldn’t afford PGS testing and my age considered as a factor Dr. Wells discussed the statistics of a multiple embryo transfer. We know that it didn't increase chances but we opted to put the only two embryos we had back in without success.
New Orleans
Audubon Fertility has many strengths. First, their office is clean, welcoming, easy to travel to and the surgery center is directly nextdoor. The main strength of the practice though is not the building.... it's the people. The staff is top notch. They call/email you back within minutes sometimes and you never feel rushed. I can't think of any weaknesses for the office...My IVF coordinator was Mandy Poche and she was such a pleasure to work with also. She created my IVF schedule for me, explained all of the medicines, and taught me how to give the injections. She was extremely helpful at keeping everything organized and keeping me calm.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
I've never felt like a number at Audubon Fertility. From my very first visit with Dr Wells... she and her entire staff treated me wth such care and compassion. I've emailed the nurses at all hours of the day and they respond back to me promptly.. even on weekends.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Reyes)
The first nurse I worked with was Jamie Reyes. She is phenomenal. She has also gone through fertility treatments so she truly understands your concerns and keeps you calm throughout the entire process. She is an excellent nurse. She also responds to emails at all hours of the day and even on weekends. My IVF coordinator was Mandy Poche and she was such a pleasure to work with also. She created my IVF schedule for me, explained all of the medicines, and taught me how to give the injections. She was extremely helpful at keeping everything organized and keeping me calm. Mandy called to break the bad news to me when I had a chemical pregnancy and I don't think she could have been any kinder on the phone. She was so compassionate and took her time explaining to me what a chemical pregnancy (something I had never heard of) was. It was such bad news to receive but I vividly remember how kind Mandy was on the phone. Brittany Melancon is the nurse who calls you back from the waiting room, weighs you, takes your blood pressure and gets you settled in the room before you see Jamie or Dr Wells. She is bright, cheerful and very friendly. Katrina is who draws blood. She has an amazing ability to keep you calm while she does her job and she is so great at drawing blood..you barely feel it. Ann works at the front desk and she has been very helpful with billing. There have been a few times when labcorp has sent a bill to me instead of Dr Wells and Ann is quick to take care of the situation. I could go on and on because the entire staff is amazing.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
I've been a patient of Dr Wells for almost one year and I can't say enough good things about her. She is patient, kind, trustworthy and extremely knowledgeable. I've loved working with Dr Wells and have completed trusted her the entire process.
I would tell any new patient to trust the process. A month seems like a year when you are going through fertility treatments....but Dr Wells and her staff know what they are doing.i would suggest trusting their judgement. They have your best interest at heart.
I consulted in June. I did not get a cycle in July. I then took Progesterone to induce my cycle. I used injections (follistim)and had an IUI in August. This was not successful. I had another IUI in September (again with injections) Not successful. We then decided to move to IVF. In October I had stimulation and egg retrieval. I transferred one frozen 5 day Blast (graded good/good) in November. It resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr Wells suggested that I have one natural cycle before transferrring again. My cycle did not start in January. I took Progesterone in Feb. my cycle started. I had a hysteroscopy in Feb and Dr Wells removed a few small polyps and performed an endometrial scratch. I transferred two day 5 blasts (both embryos were graded fair/fair)on March 10th and I and currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins.
In 2016 I spent 24k- this includes everything from Day 1. initial visit, bloodwork, injection medicine (for two IUIs), two IUI procedures, IVF medications, egg retrieval, egg transfer. In 2017 I have spent approximately $5,000-$6,000 for a second transfer, anesthesia, surgery center fees, etc
Dr Wells suggested eSET for my first transfer due to my age and the grade of the embryo. She did tell me that the choice was mine to make but when I asked for her opinion.. she recommended one for the first transfer and reminded me that we would be able to do two the the next transfer if the first wasn't successful. I didn't feel pressured either way. She gave me all of the pertinent info and her own professional opinion and my husband and I made our choice to transfer one for the first transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Her clinic [Audubon Fertility] feels like a home, you are welcome the second you enter the clinic home. All of the staff are warm and want to be a part of your team. Also, many women on staff including the doctor have gone through infertility and understand what you are going through...On our first appointment we were introduced to the entire staff so that we could be comfortable with everyone. Our IVF coordinator, Mandy was helpful in answrting questions quickly through email. I always felt like I had a lifeline to her at any time!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The only weakness is that the clinic has a shortage of parking spots lol. That is because it is in the heart of New Orleans. However a new patient shouldn't be nervous, the staff is happy and welcoming, they are easy going and availabke to answers questions through email and phone calls easily. They are extra thorough in giving info for your cycle as well. They even gave us links for coupons for meds!
Her clinic feels like a home, you are welcome the second you enter the clinic home. All of the staff are warm and want to be a part of your team. Also, many women on staff including the doctor have gone through infertility and understand what you are going through.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells went through infertility herself, from the second she met us, she was compassionate and ready to help us in adding to our family! We felt comforted by her personality and her treatment plan!
Seeing a doctor who understands what you are going through is phenomenal. Also, her statistics prove her success rates. She is obviously doing something right, do your research and choose the best doctor you can!
I have Stage IV Endo, one ovary and a .7 AMH, she looked at my chart and immediately came up with a nee protocol. She put me on an antagon protocol and at every ultrasound appointment adjusted my meds according to how my body was responding. It felt very personalized. I had my retrieval yesterday which resulted in 15 mature eggs, am still in the middle of waiting on embryos growth reports.
We decided to do eset ahead of time so our doctor did not talk to us about any other option.
New Orleans
Every single person we came in contact with was so calming and sweet and sincere. It’s almost as though they [Audubon - New Orleans] were all trained to put us at ease....Very good at answering emails, easy to understand instructions, clean office and well decorated...Don’t expect to see the doctor every time....At first I was a little upset at never seeing the doctor but Jamie answered every question with ease and was just as good!...Surgery was around $1500. Close to $2500 total
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Very good at answering emails, easy to understand instructions, clean office and well decorated (I ended up paining my living room the same color as their office because I liked it so much). Overall very good experience
Every single person we came in contact with was so calming and sweet and sincere. It’s almost as though they were all trained to put us at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
Jamie was amazing. At first I was a little upset at never seeing the doctor but Jamie answered every question with ease and was just as good! Everyone is so incredible friendly!
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
I only saw Dr. Wells as a patient once for my consultation and another time before a minor surgery. All other times we saw the nurse practitioner who would relay messages and treatment plans back and forth. We did understand that we were not as seriously effected by infertility as some other patients there, but a few times it was a bit disconnecting for me. Overall when we did see her she was very friendly and knowledgeable.
Don’t expect to see the doctor every time. Go in with an open mind and be prepared to take off a lot from work. But everyone there is so sweet that they make it all worth it!
Prior to seeing Dr. Wells I was put on clomid (up to the highest dose) and suffered a miscarriage. My cycles were still really off. For my initial exam they discovered my uterine lining to be thick, so they performed a hysteroscopy to test the lining and my tubes which came back ok. However I contract d c diff from the hospital and couldn’t resume for a few months. When we did resume, I was started on letrozole which did nothing for me. We then paired it with injections which also did nothing for me, even with a push. I had one follicle mature so the NP gave me a trigger shot just in case- and I ended up getting the pregnant! Then they saw me every few weeks for ultrasounds
Surgery was around $1500. Close to $2500 total
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [Audubon-NO] is very clean, privacy was respected, and the appointments were always on time. The wait time was always very short. The only negative is the parking, but it's to be expected in New Orleans.... Mandy and Jamie [nurses] were outstanding. They were so caring and made us feel very comfortable. They answered questions in a very timely manner, and with lots of compassion and patience.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic is very clean, privacy was respected, and the appointments were always on time. The wait time was always very short. The only negative is the parking, but it's to be expected in New Orleans.
Dr. Wells and her team took the time to get to know us. They built a great relationship with us and gained our trust. Two years later, they still remember us and respond to our emails like we are still seeing them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I believe it was Debbie, but Jamie was Dr. Wells nurse.)
Mandy and Jamie were outstanding. They were so caring and made us feel very comfortable. They answered questions in a very timely manner, and with lots of compassion and patience.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells does all of her ultrasounds, not the nurse. There's a sense of comfort knowing she is there from start to finish. She gave us options and never made us feel like our decision was the wrong one. She really made us feel like family and we never felt as though we were a bother with our questions. She is very patient and very kind.
Don't waste any time going to another clinic.
The very first cycle, I started the birth control. Shortly after, I began injections of Gonal-F. After monitoring, eggs were not growing at a rate satisfactory to Dr. Wells or conducive for a successful IVF cycle. That cycle was canceled. I started injections again when Dr. Wells gave the green light. This time, she added Menopur and Follistem to the Gonal-F. It was looking dreary again, but she did see at least one egg that was big enough to retrieve. We were given the option to take a chance and do an IUI or move forward with IVF. After having 5 unsuccessful IUIs, that was not an option for us. The emotional toll was too great to experience that again. We moved forward with egg retrieval, which took all of 15-20 minutes, and Dr. Wells came out with a smile on her face. She successfully retrieved 4 eggs. To get 4 when we thought we would get 1 or none at all was a very sweet thing to hear. They evaluated the eggs to see how many were mature enough to fertilize. Of the 4, only 1 was mature. Dr. Wells carefully monitored the cells, division, and other factors over the next 24 hours. Everything was going great. Day 2, everything was still favorably progressing. For the day 3 report, she called to give us the specifics. This was going to determine if there would be a fresh, 3 day transfer or if we would wait it out and do a 5 day transfer. Dr. Wells highly recommended that mom was the best environment for little embryo to grow. We went in the next morning to transfer. Everyone was very kind and cheerful. There was a tv on the wall, which allowed my wife to watch as she implanted the embryo. It was amazing to watch! Dr. Wells had me taking Progesterone for a while, along with Prenatal Vitamins. That little embryo stuck and now we have our beautiful daughter, Kate.
I believe it was $5000 to begin the process. This fee covered the consultation all the way through retrieval. By the end of transfer, I believe we totaled $16,000
She did educate us on transferring one versus two. Due to my age, it was preferred that only one be transferred; however, had we only had two embryos she would have considered transferring two.
New Orleans
The entire nursing staff [at Audubon Fertility] has been spectacular. They answer all of my questions regardless the time of the day and are always supportive whenever I'm feeling stressed about the process. If I forget something they have previously explained to me, they are always very nice to walk me through it again to make sure i understand everything completely. They all know me by name and really take the time to ask me how we're doing and give support if we need it.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic is located in a renovated shotgun house so it feels comfortable and homey. It is conveniently located in the city and is right next door to their surgery center were all the procedures take place. The only weakness is the lack of parking in the area but this is true most places in the city.
My experience with the front staff, nursing staff and Dr. Wells has been nothing but personalized and comfortable. They know me by name every time I come for an appointment and feel like they understand the journey me and my husband are going through. They all take the time to answer all of my questions no matter the time of day, and really individualized my treatment cycle to my and my husbands needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Regan, Mandy Poche)
The entire nursing staff has been spectacular. They answer all of my questions regardless the time of the day and are always supportive whenever I'm feeling stressed about the process. If I forget something they have previously explained to me, they are always very nice to walk me through it again to make sure i understand everything completely. They all know me by name and really take the time to ask me how we're doing and give support if we need it.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells has been by my side through this whole process. I am currently in an IVF cycle and scheduled to have my retrieval this week. After 3 failed ovulation induction cycles, and 1 failed IUI, we decided to proceed with IVF. Dr. Wells walked us through all of our options and explained the entire procedure in detail. She explained her success rates in detail and what we should expect with this IVF cycle. She is always available to address any concerns or questions we have and ease our anxiety through this process. She was quick to adjust my medications when my U/S were performed to optimize our upcoming retrieval.
Go see her!
I am 30 years old and had not done any pervious treatment cycles prior to seeing Dr. Wells. After the initial testing of myself and husband, we learned we have "unexplained infertility." Dr. Wells started me off with clomid and timed intercourse so not to start with anything too aggressive. We did 2 cycles with clomid, OPKs and timed intercourse. After those cycles were not successful, she suggested switching to letrozole. Dr. Wells explained the slight increased success with IUI but my husband and I decided to do one more timed intercourse cycle. After 3 failed cycles, we decided to do an IUI with letrozole. Dr. Wells and her NP Jamie walked us through the IUI process seamlessly. After the IUI was performed and I was laying in the exam room, they dimmed the lights, gave me a heated blanket and played relaxing music to ease the stress and make it feel more comfortable. Unfortunately the IUI was not successful, and after speaking with my husband, we decided to proceed with IVF. We met with both Dr. Wells and the IVF coordinator and they went through every detail with me including the risks and expected outcomes for us. I was scheduled to have a hysteroscopy on my stim start date and began the process. I am currently on cycle day 12 of stimulation and am scheduled to have a retrieval in the next few days. I cannot express how happy I am to be under the care of Dr. Wells and her staff and feel like they did not rush us into anything we were not ready for.
$30k-$40k
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The entire staff [at Audubon Fertility] learned my name and was always so friendly each visit. I would walk in the door and the ladies at the front desk would sign me in. If I had questions I would send an email and someone always answered me quickly and even on the weekends!... Everyone is sweet and very sensitive to the feelings of the women and men that enter their office. They are great with giving compliments and making you feel like a patient and not just a "number" they will see during the day! They all have so much knowledge and really give great advice!
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The entire staff and clinic are outstanding. Everyone is sweet and very sensitive to the feelings of the women and men that enter their office. They are great with giving compliments and making you feel like a patient and not just a "number" they will see during the day! They all have so much knowledge and really give great advice!
The entire staff learned my name and was always so friendly each visit. I would walk in the door and the ladies at the front desk would sign me in. If I had questions I would send an email and someone always answered me quickly and even on the weekends!
Wonderful is all I can say! Nothing negative to say!
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Lindsay Wells was just incredible. She was proactive and compassionate. She explained everything thoroughly and gave her best advice about our journey with IVF. My husband was not able to make every appointment with me. When I needed time to think about how many embryos we wanted to transfer, she let me to go home and talk to my husband and just email her with my answer. She wanted to make sure we felt confident about our answer. She explained all of the risk of transferring more than one embryo. She explained the risk on the level of our age range as well. Dr. Wells is a very busy doctor so there was a lot of my visits that I seen the nurse practitioner, Jamie, but she was amazing and so bubbly so it was refreshing when we did see her!
Go see Dr. Wells right away with an open mind and heart. Listen to her advice and if you feel on your heart that God is leading you to make this leap of faith to see a fertility doctor, then do it!
I was a perfect candidate for IVF. For egg retrieval, I started off with Follistim 300 (belly shots only lasted 5 days - then had to go intermuscular), Menopur 150, Ganirelix & Novarel 10,000 and then later estrace 2mg 2x a day then I went up to 3x a day and progesterone shots 50mg once a day 5 days before trigger shot. When first starting the egg retrieval process my follicles were not growing as big as they should so she changed injection site from belly to intermuscular and it worked wonderfully.
10,000-15,000
Dr. Well felt strongly that if I put in 1 embryo I would become pregnant and if we put 2 embryos we would end up with twins. I did not have any major complications and my husband and I were 25 and 26 at the time so we were young. She gave me papers on the possibility of twins. She let me really think about how many to transfer. I am so glad I took her advice. We transferred one and have one baby.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Audubon] staff is caring and knowledgeable. It's a very warm and inviting waiting room and office...When I was experiencing a miscarriage they would answer our calls anytime and were always so caring and supportive of us...They [nursing staff] are amazing. When you get good news they are excited as if they are your own family. And when you receive bad news they cry and console you in the same manner... I didn't find any real weaknesses while I was there other than the parking.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic staff is caring and knowledgeable. It's a very warm and inviting waiting room and office. I didn't find any real weaknesses while I was there other than the parking. The parking lot is around the corner and located right behind an abortion clinic where protesters frequent. It can make for an uncomfortable walk to and from your appointment.
Some visits would move very quickly but I appreciated the availability at any time of the day. When I was experiencing a miscarriage they would answer our calls anytime and were always so caring and supportive of us.
They are amazing. When you get good news they are excited as if they are your own family. And when you receive bad news they cry and console you in the same manner.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She is extremely knowledgeable and works hard to get you the results you want. She doesn't waste time doing things she knows won't get you there. She is straight forward and explains everything you need to know.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and try to understand every little bit of the process.
I was waiting for a cyst to decrease in size to be able to start treatment and rather than having to waste a cycle and wait for another one, we started folistem as soon as the cyst was gone. After that we did a trigger shot which resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, it resulted in a miscarriage. Dr. Wells performed my D&C and sent tissue off for genetic testing which showed that my egg caused multiple chromomosomes.
It was $800 up front that covered the cost of your visits and ultrasounds. The medication was a separate cost
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The staff [at Audubon Fertility] always knew my name when I was there and when they called, they showed great concern and actually knew every piece of my history. The entire staff treated me like a friend and showed sympathy. I was grateful for their caring ways....I think we spent around 4-6,000. We got a refund based on a pregnancy and all prior paid items were not needed
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Beautiful little building and next door to other clinic they contract with which is convenient
The staff always knew my name when I was there and when they called, they showed great concern and actually knew every piece of my history. The entire staff treated me like a friend and showed sympathy. I was greatful for their caring ways.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Regan)
The entire staff at Audubon are wonderful. They are compassionate and answer all questions. They really treated me as an individual and not a number with a checkbook. They always called back quickly and were very friendly.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr Wells went above and beyond to find answers to why I was miscarrying. She provided more information and ran many more tests compared to other places. Within one month of seeing her, I received more information that 3years at another location. I did not receive good test results however, Dr Wells walked through every step with me and made follow up appointments for me with genetic specialists. She then spoke with those specialists to determine the next course of action for me. She adapted quickly when things/drugs were not working properly. She was always upfront and honest. I saw her at EVERY visit. She was available via phone and email when I had questions and worries. She has an excellent bedside manner and has a way of making you feel at ease.
Go see her, don't wait!
Before all my test results were completed, I took Follistem with a trigger and IUI. It didn't work. However, shortly after Dr Wells called and was surprised to find out I had a Balanced Translocation. Which answers so many questions. I also had a low egg reserve. She explained I would need IVF with PGD testing to ensure a normal embryo. She also prepared me for the possibility of needing a donor egg if we decided to go that route. She increased the Follistem to max dose but I only produced one egg after 2-3 injections. The egg retrieval was cancelled. I did not take any further drugs and later found out I was pregnant with triplets. She walked through every U/S with me, kept up with weekly blood work before releasing me to OB at 11 weeks. I delivered 3 healthy babies at 35 weeks.
New Orleans
The nursing staff [at Audobon Fertlity & Reproductive Medcine] were thorough and compassionate. I emailed with them several times to ask questions prior to the procedure with Dr. Lindsey Wells. They were very knowledgeable and understanding.... I cannot think of any weaknesses of the clinic, except that there is not a large number of parking spaces available. The clinic was clean and orderly. I do not have any complaints. The clinic was everything I could have asked for in a clinic.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Dr. Wells did not treat me like a number. She treated me like a human by explaining each process leading up to my hysteroscopy.
The nursing staff were thorough and compassionate. I emailed with them several times to ask questions prior to the procedure with Dr. Lindsey Wells. They were very knowledgeable and understanding.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells was compassionate and a great listener and communicator. She explained everything in detail and I never left feeling like I did not understand any part of the process. I imagine she treats every single one of her patients with the same respect.
Advice I would give a prospective patient of Dr. Wells is to be prepared with your questions and facts ahead of time. Come with your records as she will take the time to review them.
Dr. Wells performed a hysteroscopy on me and followed all protocols as she should.
The cost of my hysteroscopy was around $200 as it was covered under my insurance. I would have loved to have IVF done here but it was not affordable so I had it done at a different clinic.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The nurses at Audubon are AMAZING. The entire staff is beyond attentive both while you are in the office as well as by email and telephone. Your questions and concerns are answered immediately and patiently...Audubon is welcoming and warm. The space is clean and cozy. You do not feel like you are in a waiting room at a doctor's office. I never had to wait more than a few minutes to be called back. Scheduling appointments was always easy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is WONDERFUL. She is everything you would ever want in a physician: caring, compassionate, smart. I was never rushed when with her. There are few people who want to see me pregnant as much as Dr. Wells does.
Don't hesitate. Call and make your appointment today. You will be in the best hands. (I have given this advise to many of my friends!)
IUI with letrozole IVF (1) with gonal F / menopur IVF (2) with gonal F / menopur - nothing lead us to believe my second cycle would be different from my first but we were only able to produce one embryo IVF (3) Lupron flare plan - because I produced so little during the second cycle a new protocol was used. Unfortunately, I still only produced one embryo.
Dr. Wells physician fee is approximately $5000 but she waives her fee if your first round of IVF is unsuccessful and you opt to do more rounds with her.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
The clinic [Audobon Fertility & Reproductive Med] is spa-like, the staff is very nice, and overall things run well.... Very friendly and genuine seeming staff. Cons: Doctor was frustrating and very glued to only one protocol (for me)... The cost of the cycles were fairly reasonable for self-pay. I think we paid about $15k for a cycle with ICSI, but I do not really remember.... Jamie was actually probably a PA; however, she is who I saw most often. She was very nice, easy to talk with, and down to earth.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Strengths: clean, pretty, spa-like clinic. Very friendly and genuine seeming staff. Cons: Doctor was frustrating and very glued to only one protocol (for me) and was not open to exploring why I was having fertility issues. I had to beg for some blood tests, and she dismissed the possibility of my having endometriosis. My second RE found endometriosis during a laparoscopy.
The clinic is spa-like, the staff is very nice, and overall things run well.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
While Lindsay is nice, I found that she did not really listen to a lot of my concerns and dismissed questions. Once our cycles failed, she simply wanted to try the same thing again instead of trying a different protocol.
Be your own advocate. If you want something that she will not do, go somewhere else. We are not all easy or obvious cases.
We used an antagon protocol with ICSI (do to slightly low morphology) for both of my cycles with Lindsay. We used this cycle because as she described it I was young and healthy and would be pregnant in no time. We simply upped my meds the second time when we did not get the numbers we wanted. We had a few “empty follicles” both cycles even though my numbers looked good.
She was fine with transferring two embryos back in 2016 when we did our FET. Our embryos were not very well graded, so there was a good amount of concern about implantation.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths - small clinic so doctor could see patient st every appointment. You become a part of their family. I had a great experience with Audubon and really have no negatives to report. If I have to pick something I guess the billing process, as you had to pay multiple parties for procedures, where other clinics you pay lump sum and they deal out funds to proper parties as needed.... The entire nursing staff was positive and reassuring and heloful throughout the process.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Every person in the building, from receptionist to nurses to doctor made me feel like I was most important patient there when I was at appointments. I saw Dr. Wells every appointment and she did just about every ultrasound herself.
Jamie described upcoming procedures and steps along the way in simple terms. She answered emails and phone calls quickly and never seemed annoyed by my insecurities and worries. The entire nursing staff was positive and reassuring and heloful throughout the process.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, and has her own experience with fertility treatment, so she really understands. She listens and answered questions I had without making me feel as though they were dumb questions.
She is easy to speak to and great at communicating. Ask questions and let her know exactly what you expect.
Cost was broken down by doctor fee, facility fee, and every person involved. It cost me approximately $18000 with medications that I needed to have an IVF cycle. Things like ICSI were included in fees and not additional.
Due to my being over 40 at time of treatment she was open to transferring more than 1 embryo
2 IUI, Donor Eggs
The clinic [Audubon] was lovely. Very pretty. Located next to a hospital sonin a medical corridor. What they lacked in organization and compassion they made up in decor. It's recently renovated.... The nursing staff was very disorganized. They called me back on cycle day 1 with the wrong plan. I had to correct her. Then, she didn't call me for days with test results when I could see them in my electronic medical record.
2 IUI, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic was lovely. Very pretty. Located next to a hospital sonin a medical corridor. What they lacked in organization and compassion they made up in decor. It's recently renovated. However, you donjave to buzz to get it.
There were some errors in my care.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She is soft spoken and informative. However she doesn't make strong recommendations. She was hard to get in touch with. I was never given a direct number for her. I felt she didn't hold herbstaff accountable.
If you want a clear, concise, confident plan this may not be the doctor for you. She is very informative but not verybsytraight forward with a firm recommendation.
We tried IUI twice. Once medicated with insemination and once medicated with interdourse. Both cycles were jumbled because I ovulated early.
Insurance covered most of it so probably around $200 for semen analysis and then $100 for IUI. Out of pocket for the meds.
None
New Orleans
[At Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] We did 2 months of oral meds, one of those we did an IUI...Then we did 3 months of injectables with IUI's...somewhere around $10,000...The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is great. They always return phone calls and are fully prepared to answer questions...The clinic was great. No complaints...i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic was great. No complaints. He has moved to a new clinic now, though, and is no longer at Audubon Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was attentive and nice. I just didn't feel like her remembered much about me during our visits and had to remind him what we had and had not done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
How was your experience with Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
He was nice, i just didn't get the feeling that my treatment was very tailored to me. During my time with him, I was not satisfied. However, having been through so much more and several other doctors since, I do not feel like it was his fault that we were not successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility?
Know your plan of action before. Do not go in blind or unprepared. Also, take notes during your visits. You may need to remind him of some things.
Describe the protocols Ron Clisham used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
We did 2 months of oral meds, one of those we did an IUI. Then we did 3 months of injectables with IUI's.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ron Clisham at Audubon Fertility.
I have no idea what our total costs were with Dr. Clisham. Probably somewhere around $10,000
Describe Ron Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Audubon Fertility.
I really do not know. We never did an IVF round with him.
Ron Clisham
New Orleans
I was on a first name basis with all her [Dr. Wells] staff [at Audubon], she was very available and took generous time to answer all our questions and concerns. She seemed to genuinely care for my wellbeing....She sent comprehensive paperwork to my OB about my care to that point, making my transition smooth. She used current, evidence-based treatment to manage my care....She was honest and upfront about my chances to become pregnant.
I was on a first name basis with all her staff, she was very available and took generous time to answer all our questions and concerns. She seemed to genuinely care for my wellbeing.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She was honest and upfront about my chances to become pregnant. She introduced me to embryo adoption. She did one transfer for me with an embryo we adopted out of state which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our second attempt was with embryos from a former patient. We did an in house donation/adoption which was successful. Once pregnant, she allowed me to come in for weekly ultrasounds until the 10 week mark and I had an appointment with my OB. She sent comprehensive paperwork to my OB about my care to that point, making my transition smooth. She used current, evidence-based treatment to manage my care.
Be completely honest with her about your fears and concerns. Be open minded to other treatment options she may present.
Lindsay Wells
The environment [Audubon Fertility] is nice and staff is amazing. The clinic is very helpful. For a new patient i would say go in knowing you will come out with an result or know what you need to do to achieve a pregnancy.... [Cost Of Treatment] 2000.00 including one round of iui and meds... he [Dr Wells] was great, right to the point of what was needed for me and my husband. She made understand my condition and my husbands before doing any treatment.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The environment is nice and staff is amazing. The clinic is very helpful. For a new patient i would say go in knowing you will come out with an result or know what you need to do to achieve a pregnancy.
She was very kind, and gave me hope.
They were very nice and welcoming.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She was great, right to the point of what was needed for me and my husband. She made understand my condition and my husbands before doing any treatment. She made me feel better by explaining it and giving me hope that there other options for me to take.
She is great! I would recommend her to anyone
She wanted me to do and iui, but inform me my husband needed to Analysis and we found out he has low motility, & morphology. So we had to pay for his surgery and had been unable to pay for iui’s.
2000.00 including one round of iui and meds
New Orleans
They [Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] are really great at making you feel comfortable and taken care of. They are professional but still warm.... Mandy [a nurse] was fantastic. She was always accessible and was in constant contact and able to answer any questions I had.... I think the total cost for just her services for the ivf cycle was around $13,000. Meds plus genetic testing brought the total to around 23,000.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
They are really great at making you feel comfortable and taken care of. They are professional but still warm.
She was very understanding and taylored my treatment based on my specific situation and what I had already gone through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mandy Poche)
Mandy was fantastic. She was always accessible and was in constant contact and able to answer any questions I had.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr wells was great. She fully explained everything. We went in to our cycle with her with limited expectations and did not have a favorable outcome, but I think l we were in good hands with her and her staff.
Be prepared for the reality of the situation. Dr wells and her staff are great, but they cannot work miracle.
We had already done an ivf cycle before we saw her. We knew the process and she was able to expedite our process with her without any hassle at all.
I cannot comment bc we have never made it to a transfer.
New Orleans
Dr wells [at Audubon] ran blood work which checked hormone levels and egg quality as well as a sperm analysis on my partner. After everything checked out fine, she diagnosed me with unexplained fertility. she suggested we try IUI first and if it didn't work we would move on to IVF. I had 3 IUIs. For all three, I was prescribed clomid. Last 2, I injected Follistim and a trigger shot. First 2 IUIs didn't work, third try was successful.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Located uptown in a nice building. Easy to get to.
Dr Wells was friendly and took her time with me and my partner. We didn't feel rushed during appointments and she was always apologetic when running late. She was quick to answer emails.
Super nice and friendly
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr Wells is an excellent doctor. She explained everything when we had appointments. We never felt rushed when we were there and she was always friendly.
Go see her
Dr wells ran blood work which checked hormone levels and egg quality as well as a sperm analysis on my partner. After everything checked out fine, she diagnosed me with unexplained fertility. she suggested we try IUI first and if it didn't work we would move on to IVF. I had 3 IUIs. For all three, I was prescribed clomid. Last 2, I injected Follistim and a trigger shot. First 2 IUIs didn't work, third try was successful.
I don't know exactly how much we spent but it was probably in the range of 6-7 thousand
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Everyone [at Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] was thoughtful and helpful...The clinic was beautiful and was in a safe, easy to find location. The lab uses state of the art equipment. The staff went above and beyond. Everyone was extremely helpful. I would not change anything about this clinic or staff...I was prescribed Femara for my IUI. I was given the trigger shot and instructed to return for IUI in 30 hours. My pregnancy test was negative.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Dr Wells took her time and answered all of my questions
Everyone was thoughtful and helpful.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr Wells was very friendly and informative. Dr Wells answered all of my questions and reviewed my previous medical records with me. Dr Wells asked for my opinion and did not try to persuade me to do anything.
Please have all questions planned. Feel free to ask about anything.
1200.00
Dr Wells suggests transferring only 2 embryos
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
[Audubon's] strengths- small, personable, and not as busy weakness- longer wait for results, parking...when i was scheduled for a laparoscopy they messed up and missed the paperwork deadline and treatments had to be pushed back almost twice...She [Dr. Lindsay Wells] is a great Dr. She uses a very simple procedure. She goes out her way as well. But after one transfer not working she didn't want to do anything different and I did not want the same negative results repeated...Very simple compared to my other Dr. We simply did one inject-able and one pill. No patches
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Very Friendly and nice Dr.
Very welcoming and friendly.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She is a great Dr. She uses a very simple procedure. She goes out her way as well. But after one transfer not working she didn't want to do anything different and I did not want the same negative results repeated.
Ask questions! If you don't like the answer ask for differences!
frozen transfer 4000
she once again let me choose.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Debbie and the rest of the nursing staff (Kim and Mandy) were wonderful. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She spoke to me like a friend, not a patient.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She was definitely very caring and compassionate, and made me feel like she was on my side. While I really liked her bedside manner, I think her treatment could have been more aggressive, and she could have explained everything to me better. I am a patient who likes to know exactly what's going on, and I want to be as educated as possible about my treatment plan.
Be prepared to ask lots of questions - she will give you the information, if you ask her specifically.
Around $40,000 for 2 cycles of IUI, and 2 IVF cycles.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They all knew my name and greeted me each time I arrived. They were compassionate and up-beat...She [Dr Wells] is a great provider. She quickly diagnosed me with PCOS and was able to adjust my treatment mid-cycle as needed.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She has a great bedside manner and explained all treatment clearly.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She is a great provider. She quickly diagnosed me with PCOS and was able to adjust my treatment mid-cycle as needed.