Genetic counseling: Offered
262-857-5670
8901 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53227
414-329-4300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aurora Fertility Services to a friend?

3 doctors
At first, my husband and I appreciated his [Dr. Wittmaack] matter of fact attitude. However, when our first cycle went poorly, we were immediately dismissed as a lost cause. In addition, I was given this information over the phone, in a non-compassionate manner. The recommendation was to stop TTC immediately and pursue other options. Thankfully, we sought a second opinion, and I am now 5 months pregnant with a child made from my own eggs, and my husbands sperm.
they [Aurora Fertility Svcs] allow for a monthly payment plan over the course of 1 year. They also offer a 3-cycle guaranteed plan, which can be paid off over two years, and comes with a partial refund if you do not end up with a child. ... Lab will allow embryo growth to day five or six. Will not freeze or transfer after day 6. Patients are batched, as there is only one doctor.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
At first, my husband and I appreciated his matter of fact attitude. However, when our first cycle went poorly, we were immediately dismissed as a lost cause. In addition, I was given this information over the phone, in a non-compassionate manner. The recommendation was to stop TTC immediately and pursue other options. Thankfully, we sought a second opinion, and I am now 5 months pregnant with a child made from my own eggs, and my husbands sperm. Dr. Wittmaack made us feel as if that was an outcome that could never be achieved.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Be sure to ask questions, and ask the alternatives ahead of time. I.e. - “If this doesn’t work, or we don’t get a good result, what is the next step?” Also, don’t be afraid to seek a second opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
I felt like I was treated like a number, because as soon as we had a failed cycle, we were a lost cause and he told us to stop trying. The method of delivering the result of the first cycle was poor, and cold.
Describe the protocols Frank Wittmaack used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Pretty standard Lupron/follistim/menopure protocol with an HcG trigger. Lab will allow embryo growth to day five or six. Will not freeze or transfer after day 6. Patients are batched, as there is only one doctor.
We were very pleased with the nursing staff. They were always kind, helpful and organized with us.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Strength is that it’s the only IVF clinic in north east Wisconsin, and they allow for a monthly payment plan over the course of 1 year. They also offer a 3-cycle guaranteed plan, which can be paid off over two years, and comes with a partial refund if you do not end up with a child. However, the 3 cycle plan is limited to one year from the start of the first cycle, and retrieval’s only happen if you have no embryos. Weakness, aside from our poor experience with the doctor, the scheduling is not as flexible because there is only one doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services.
Flat fee that covered everything up until the pregnancy test. For a slight upcharge (~$1,500) you could add PGS testing.
Describe Frank Wittmaack's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
We did not get any embryos with Dr Wittmaack, so I’m unsure of their policy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
The only snafu was when my husband tried to have his record sent over to our second clinic. It required him to call several times to remind the clinic, right up until the date of our second opinion at the new clinic. This caused a delay in the new doctor being able to proved a recommendation.

2017 - 2020
I appreciate Dr. Shanti's approach to my infertility treatment. Her blunt delivery of either a diagnosis or the odds of treatment leaves me confident in our plan-of-action, and I don't have to question if she's sugar-coating what's likely to happen just to keep us happy...Go in with questions. Dr. Shanti knows her stuff and has no problem explaining it to you. If you need it explained in even further layman's terms, just ask!...With Male Factor Infertility, we began with three IUI cycles which ended in failure. Following the close of our third cycle, I fell pregnant naturally, which terminated as a ruptured ectopic and left me with debris in the affected tube. Because we added Female Factor Infertility to our resume, we began our first IVF cycle early 2020, and our FET has been cancelled because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I look forward to resuming.
With Male Factor Infertility, we began with three IUI cycles [at Aurora Fertility Services] which ended in failure. Following the close of our third cycle, I fell pregnant naturally, which terminated as a ruptured ectopic and left me with debris in the affected tube...I'm a fan of the nursing staff and the compassion they exhibit toward me and my treatment...$13,000 out of pocket expenses for one IVF egg retrieval and the first FET. This does not include medications.
2017 - 2020
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
I've gotten to know the nurses who tend to my treatment and have been able to have conversations with them outside of my reasons for being there, which is a nice reprieve from the typical negativity associated with infertility and its treatment.
Describe the protocols Aida Shanti used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
As this is the only clinic I've attended, I have nothing to compare against. It's a serene environment, which I appreciate, and the staff gets to know you on a personal level. I've always felt very comfortable with my time spent in the clinic waiting room as well as the treatment rooms.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services.
Describe Aida Shanti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
Dr. Shanti's approach is eSET and I agree with this decision.
West Allis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services.

2019 - 2020
We did 2 rounds of IUI and 1 round of IVF so far [with Dr. Frank Wittmaack]...Next cycle we will reduce the units of stims because I was on the cusp of hyperstimulation (I have PCOS)...really takes the time to listen, explain, and is generous with his time...His style is very calm and reassuring - he has a great bedside manner, but as someone who also likes a lot of facts and detail, I sometimes have to push for more information. He always readily answers questions, but he doesn't always offer it straightaway. That said, I would rather have that than a Doctor who has a cold bedside manner.
The nursing staff is a true highlight of the clinic [Aurora Fertility Services]. They are skilled of course, but their compassion and bedside manner is so comforting during a really tough journey. I can't say enough good things about the nurses!...Dr. Wittmaack, the nursing staff, and the embryologists are some of THE most compassionate and caring health care workers I have ever encountered. Infertility is a journey and you need patience, no matter where you go, but I feel in safe hands at Aurora and with this clinic.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
I initially chose this clinic because it was closest to my home, but I was really happy to see his success rates of live births for my age group (3rd in the country, according to latest CDC report) and the care and compassion he brings to his practice. His style is very calm and reassuring - he has a great bedside manner, but as someone who also likes a lot of facts and detail, I sometimes have to push for more information. He always readily answers questions, but he doesn't always offer it straightaway. That said, I would rather have that than a Doctor who has a cold bedside manner.
Ask as many questions as you want and need
Dr. Wittmaack really takes the time to listen, explain, and is generous with his time.
We did 2 rounds of IUI and 1 round of IVF so far. With IVF, my stims included 125 units of Follistim (reduced to 75 units after estrogen spiked), 75 units of Menopur, and Ganirelix. Trigger with .4 units of Lupron. Next cycle we will reduce the units of stims because I was on the cusp of hyperstimulation (I have PCOS).
The nursing staff is a true highlight of the clinic. They are skilled of course, but their compassion and bedside manner is so comforting during a really tough journey. I can't say enough good things about the nurses!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
This is one of the top clinics in the country and the best in the state in terms of success rates. Dr. Wittmaack, the nursing staff, and the embryologists are some of THE most compassionate and caring health care workers I have ever encountered. Infertility is a journey and you need patience, no matter where you go, but I feel in safe hands at Aurora and with this clinic.
For IVF: Filed to insurance is $19,721, estimated medical costs $4,000-$8,000
Dr. Wittmaack strongly suggests single embryo transfer, but the decision is ultimately up to the patient.
Green Bay

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services.

2019 - 2020
[Dr. Frank Wittmaack] had me take DHEA and CoQ10 for the 3 months leading up to IVF. When we started, I had the most antral follicles yet - 8! They all grew with the protocol prescribed and we got 5 mature eggs...we ended up 3 beautiful embryos. One resulted in our current pregnancy, while the other two are on ice!...He will give it to you straight, but he is also warm and friendly. If you are someone who has a lot of “why” questions or wants a lot of detail about treatment and cycle progression, ASK QUESTIONS. Dr. W may assume you don’t want all those details otherwise. I was much happier once I started asking for the info I wanted to know at the start of each appointment (especially at monitoring). Overall, Dr. W was very knowledgeable about my diagn
This nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services] rocks! They are all so friendly and easy to talk to. Also great at drawing blood - which is a huge plus for how many times you get poked!... the clinic offers an IVF payment plan so we are still paying a lot of it off without interest. The monthly payments are high, but o my last a year or two depending on the plan you select. They also offer Sharec Success plans that will reimburse you if you don’t get pregnant. I didn’t qualify for those since I have DOR, but was still able to do a multi-cycle plan at a greatly reduced price. We ended up not needing more than one retrieval/transfer, bu
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack truly has your best interest at heart! He will give it to you straight, but he is also warm and friendly. If you are someone who has a lot of “why” questions or wants a lot of detail about treatment and cycle progression, ASK QUESTIONS. Dr. W may assume you don’t want all those details otherwise. I was much happier once I started asking for the info I wanted to know at the start of each appointment (especially at monitoring). Overall, Dr. W was very knowledgeable about my diagnosis and prescribed the right protocol for me. Putting my full trust in him during our IVF cycle was the best decision I’ve ever made!
Again, ask questions. Advocate for yourself, but also try to relinquish some control and trust the doctor. He is great at making adjustments as needed and I would highly recommend him for anyone considering IVF.
Dr. Wittmaack, Dr. Strawn, the nurses, and all the other staff were so kind and friendly. They recognized us at every visit and knew where we were at in our treatment. They were excited with us at all the biggest steps - celebrating with us at retrieval, transfer, and when we finally got our BFP!
Because I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Dr. W put me on a mini-Lupron flare protocol. The dosages of Menopur and follistim were pretty high - so if you find yourself in the same boat, brace yourself for an expensive prescription cost! We shopped around and applied for a couple discount programs that greatly reduced our cost. Dr. W also had me take DHEA and CoQ10 for the 3 months leading up to IVF. When we started, I had the most antral follicles yet - 8! They all grew with the protocol prescribed and we got 5 mature eggs. I had hoped for more, but somehow we ended up 3 beautiful embryos. One resulted in our current pregnancy, while the other two are on ice!
This nursing staff rocks! They are all so friendly and easy to talk to. Also great at drawing blood - which is a huge plus for how many times you get poked!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Strengths are that you can typically get started pretty fast. We had our first IUI less than two months after our initial testing. This was due in part to having completed a few tests outside the clinic through my OB beforehand. The staff are also very friendly and do a good job of helping you feel supported. The nurses are always available to answer questions when you have them, including on the weekends. Weaknesses are that communication from the doctor can be a little light at times. Appointments go pretty quick, but if you ask questions it never felt like the doctor or nurses were annoyed or too busy. Overall an excellent experience.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Aurora Fertility Services.
Monitoring appointments were sometimes conducted by Dr. Strawn. He was typically the one I would see the second week of any month if that’s when monitoring fell. I believe this is because Dr. W splits time in Oshkosh. Dr. Strawn definitely seemed to take his time more during monitoring, while Dr. W was pretty quick about it.
I’d say we spent around $30-35k when all was said and done. However, the clinic offers an IVF payment plan so we are still paying a lot of it off without interest. The monthly payments are high, but o my last a year or two depending on the plan you select. They also offer Sharec Success plans that will reimburse you if you don’t get pregnant. I didn’t qualify for those since I have DOR, but was still able to do a multi-cycle plan at a greatly reduced price. We ended up not needing more than one retrieval/transfer, but it was worth paying more for the extra reassurance of knowing we’d have more chances if the first protocol didn’t work. Prescriptions were sent to Mandell’s. I ended up applying for various discount programs and taking out a loan to cover my medications through Future Family. Our initial med cost of $8,000 went down to $5,500 by taking these extra steps! Do yourself a favor and shop around. You could save a LOT of money.
Green Bay
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I feel like i have sincere relationships with [Dr. Estil Strawn]...My experience was a good one...was compassionate when we got our negative test after our first transfer and i felt like i had the time i needed to grieve before they were moving onto the next cycle...We went thru a regular ivf cycle and got 7 eggs but none made it to freeze. The next cycle we did the same and it had to be cancelled bc my ovaries weren't responding. His next approach was less meds/more natural cycle hoping for better quality but less quantity embryos. We retrieved 3 eggs and had one to freeze. It unfortunately didnt take. We are going thru another mini ivf now.
They [staff at Aurora Fertility Services] call me by name. I feel like i have sincere relationships with the Dr and nurses. They truly care...My nurse has been thru ivf treatments and has given me pep talks when i needed them and been there for me when things were tough...We went thru a regular ivf cycle and got 7 eggs but none made it to freeze. The next cycle we did the same and it had to be cancelled bc my ovaries weren't responding. His next approach was less meds/more natural cycle hoping for better quality but less quantity embryos. We retrieved 3 eggs and had one to freeze. It unfortunately didnt take. We are going thru another mini ivf now.
How was your experience with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
My experience was a good one. They all seem to care and are sympathetic to the situation. My nurse has been thru ivf treatments and has given me pep talks when i needed them and been there for me when things were tough. Dr Strawn was compassionate when we got our negative test after our first transfer and i felt like i had the time i needed to grieve before they were moving onto the next cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
Don't be afraid to double check why this or why that. If you have an instinct about your body...let him know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
They call me by name. I feel like i have sincere relationships with the Dr and nurses. They truly care.
Describe the protocols Estil Strawn used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Amazing! They are the foundation. The Dr is there making all the important decisions but they execute. They are heartfelt and you can tell they love what they do.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Its a new clinic so not much issue getting appts when needed. Not just another number. Sometimes the staff werent sure what to do in situations but they referred to the Dr and he was available for the answer right away.
Easy and fast. Blood took 5 mins ultrasound right after and done in 15 mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services.
Approximately $23,000 for our 2 cycle package. Then approximately $7,000 per mini ivf. Not including meds.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
A couple times my pharmacy didnt have the script i needed but that happens everywhere.
Estil Strawn
Kenosha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services.

We have done 4 total cycles of [IUI] treatment [with Dr. Shanti]...she knew my name, knew what we had been through and when we discovered the polyps in the SHG and I was in tears, she embraced me and made me feel like she really cared about my future and our goals for a family...is very to the point. This is noted on all of her reviews. She does not sugar coat things but at the same time does have compassion. The moment I felt like I belonged in this clinic was when she hugged me during a tearful visit and told me we were going to move forward and not look backwards. It really went a long way with me personally and my journey.
Be aware that the nurses do most of the work here [at Aurora Fertility Services] - at least for me. I have only seen Dr. Shanti 3 total times besides consultations over 6 months - once for the SHG, once for the surgery to remove the polyps and then once for an IUI (nurses did the other 2 IUIs)...I am very pleased with the nursing staff here. They are friendly, compassionate, and capable. They always follow-up in a timely manor and know who I am. There was a rough IUI procedure with a couple of the nurses but I talked this through with the clinic and will only see the doctor for any additional moving forward. They were very understanding - it was rather obvious things were not going well during the appointment.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is very to the point. This is noted on all of her reviews. She does not sugar coat things but at the same time does have compassion. The moment I felt like I belonged in this clinic was when she hugged me during a tearful visit and told me we were going to move forward and not look backwards. It really went a long way with me personally and my journey.
Just remember that her goal is a baby which doing IVF right away is the fastest way to a baby. We did not take that advice and are now in our 3rd IUI...which a part of me wishes we would have done IVF right away just because of how much time is needed. Be aware that the nurses do most of the work here - at least for me. I have only seen Dr. Shanti 3 total times besides consultations over 6 months - once for the SHG, once for the surgery to remove the polyps and then once for an IUI (nurses did the other 2 IUIs).
Granted, I have only seen the doctors a few times but all of those times, she knew my name, knew what we had been through and when we discovered the polyps in the SHG and I was in tears, she embraced me and made me feel like she really cared about my future and our goals for a family.
We have done 4 total cycles of treatment. All included baseline and 1+ midcycle ultrasounds. The first was with Letrozole but a low dosage...and we did not do an IUI because my follicles did not stimulate properly. The second was with Letrozole again at a higher dosage and IUI (which a nurse administered) - which failed. The third cycle, I requested Clomid instead and we did another IUI (which a different nurse administered) - which failed. And the fourth cycle, we did Clomid again and an IUI which I demanded with Dr. Shanti. This was actually today so fingers crossed!
I am very pleased with the nursing staff here. They are friendly, compassionate, and capable. They always follow-up in a timely manor and know who I am. There was a rough IUI procedure with a couple of the nurses but I talked this through with the clinic and will only see the doctor for any additional moving forward. They were very understanding - it was rather obvious things were not going well during the appointment. Overall, I am very grateful to have the support of this nursing team. It is VERY different (in a great way) compared to the care I received at my previous clinic when it comes to the nurses
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Scheduling is easy and the receptionists are very friendly and fast. This is a big part of your journey - schedules. If something is not going the way you want it, speak up. They cannot read your mind. The only "negative" I have to say so far is the first IUI experience I described in another section of this review. This, however, has been addressed and we have made progress/plans for the future.
With my polyp surgery and all appointments, I honestly am not sure the total cost but we met our deductible very early this year. My husband manages this.
Not applicable

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Other
Doctor Shanti is blunt and to the point. She will ask you multiple times if you have any other questions which can sometimes make you feel as though she is rushing you, but she will stay and explain in detail the answers to your questions.... Doctor Shanti remembered personal details from my life (the fact that at one appointment I said I had a test for school coming up and the next appointment she asked me how it went). At my most recent appointment following laparoscopic surgery she assured my husband and I they would take good care of us several times.
Doctor Shanti’s nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services] is hit or miss, and they seem to have a lot of them come and go. The ones that have stayed can be rude, but the new ones sometimes don’t cover all their bases. For example, I had an HSG done and I had to call back and remind the new nurse to send an antibiotic prescription to my pharmacy. As another example, I had a well established nurse insist I called and requested HCG results when I never called for such a thing. She never apologized when she realized her mistake.
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She is abrupt, blunt and to the point, but it is not in a rude manner. She will take the time to sit and explain things to you if you ask the questions.
I have only had surgery under doctor shanti’s care, but she explained fully what the surgery would be like and what we would do after the results were obtained.
Doctor Shanti’s nursing staff is hit or miss, and they seem to have a lot of them come and go. The ones that have stayed can be rude, but the new ones sometimes don’t cover all their bases. For example, I had an HSG done and I had to call back and remind the new nurse to send an antibiotic prescription to my pharmacy. As another example, I had a well established nurse insist I called and requested HCG results when I never called for such a thing. She never apologized when she realized her mistake.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Doctor Shanti, Colleen (the financial specialist) and the receptionists are knowledgeable. The nurses can sometimes be their biggest weakness, but that doesn’t stop me from continuing my care at this clinic.
I have great insurance so my OOP cost was almost non-existent.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
A nurse did not send in my antibiotic prescription for a HSG procedure. Colleen, the financial specialist, obtained incorrect insurance information and pushed back my diagnostic testing a month.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She's [Dr. Shanti] definitely a busy woman, so appointments sometimes felt rushed. There was always the mindset of "what do you want to do" though. She also asked personal questions not related to fertility which was comforting. ... My husband and I are a complicated case as we both have fertility issues, so IVF was really our only option that had good potential for success. ... She is very optimistic about results and the quality of care she hopes to provide.
Wide variety of services offered at one location [Aurora Fertility Services]. Hospital setting is comforting in case something with a more invasive procedure happens to go wrong, although it does share a floor with an inpatient unit. ... Saw a variety of nurses during my care with this fertility clinic and each one was fantastic! Constantly reassuring that things were going well and they would keep me updated...which they did. As soon as test results were available they would call me and let me know what to expect next.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is a very knowledgeable physician...you can tell immediately that she has a passion for reproductive medicine and that she's very good at it. I've seen several times in my visits, her rejoicing with families who bring in their "success story children" which makes the environment hopeful. She is very optimistic about results and the quality of care she hopes to provide.
Ask lots of questions...she can answer them!
She's definitely a busy woman, so appointments sometimes felt rushed. There was always the mindset of "what do you want to do" though. She also asked personal questions not related to fertility which was comforting.
I came to Dr. Shanti as a transfer patient from a different RE, after already having tried conservative methods such as clomid. My IVF treatment plan was pretty well laid out when she took over my care. However we discussed it in great detail and she gave her input/opinions. My husband and I are a complicated case as we both have fertility issues, so IVF was really our only option that had good potential for success. We are just 2 weeks out from starting the hormone stimulation for our first egg retrieval so no real results to share yet. UPDATE: Our egg retrieval was extremely successful! Using a Gonal-f/Menopur regimen, we were able to collect 16 good quality eggs! 13 successfully fertilized via ICSI and 5 were determined to be healthy day 5 embryos that tested chromosomally normal! We transferred 1 of these embryos via a frozen cycle and got our first ever positive pregnancy test a week later! &lt;3 The first 11 weeks I supplemented with progesterone and estrogen and levels were constantly monitored--3 ultrasounds were performed during this period before "graduating" to normal OB/GYN care. We are currently 16 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Wide variety of services offered at one location. Hospital setting is comforting in case something with a more invasive procedure happens to go wrong, although it does share a floor with an inpatient unit.
We did a shared success program which costs more up front, but covers multiple cycles and transfers. There is a 70% refund if we do not deliver a baby within the specified time frame. Single cycles also available, but the "guarantee" was a nice option to have. Total out of pocket cost between the cycle package, medications, PGS testing, and other miscellaneous charges was about $30,000.
Not discussed with her. We did PGS testing on our embryos and have no history of miscarriage or other reasons to suggest we would have trouble carrying, so single transfer is their protocol in such instances which we are okay with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
As a transfer patient, there was simply confusion in communication between the old and new clinics. (not sure why as they are both within the same health system). I knew what the plan was supposed to be and the information was able to be confirmed once staff was informed and able to search for it.
Green Bay

I like how she explained everything with the initial consultation and next steps. She is straight forward and doesn’t sugar coat things but she is positive thinking & she does soften when she notices you are having a hard time. I wish I worked with her a little more than always seeing her staff but the staff is pleasant too. I definitely trust she knows what she is doing but she isn’t very personable.... I trust Dr. Shanti but I think the staff is a bit unorganized & doesn’t communicate all the necessary instructions
The clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] is very responsive to scheduling appointments and accomadating with special requests. It is a clean, friendly facility. It is open according to the patients cycle makes appointments 7 days a week.... I wasn’t told I needed to have my HCG trigger shot by the day of my followup ultrasound and it caused a lot of stress for me to get the shot by that day. It was never delivered to my house because a huge issue with my insurance so I do realize it is partly an insurance issue but there should have been some followup from staff.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Think about finding a Therapist who specializes in fertility so that can talk to someone who is familiar with your ups and downs of the infertility journey.
I don’l always feel like her staff is organized and provided all the necessary details I needed especially for my first IUI treatment.
Baseline Ultrasound. Letrozole 2 tablets each day for 5 days starting on the Day 3 of cycle. Ultrasound around Day 10 with HCG trigger shot usually that evening. IUI around Day 12. Suppositories starting 6 days after HCG shot. Blood pregnancy test 16 days after HCG.
For clarification, my earlier comments were decribing Dr. Shanti and team as a whole. I trust Dr. Shanti but I think the staff is a bit unorganized & doesn’t communicate all the necessary instructions needed to be done but do an ok job overall.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is very responsive to scheduling appointments and accomadating with special requests. It is a clean, friendly facility. It is open according to the patients cycle makes appointments 7 days a week.
Initial out of pocket consult of about $545. Insurance covered the majority of everything else.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Wittmaack is a little awkward but kind and knowledgeable....He preferred single transfer if eggs were tested. Otherwise he would transfer two...diagnosed me with PCOS without explaining what that meant. He is quick with explaining things and is slightly awkward when things get emotional. He also surprised me when the second round of IVF failed and showed great compassion. So I suppose he was there when we needed him and he made sure to contact me with any bad news directly.
The nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services] was amazing...We started with pills. Moved on to IUIs with trigger injections. We only did 2 IUIs which surprise me before moving into IVF...She [nurse] clearly felt bad we weren’t having any luck. She made sure she was there with me at each visit. She took her time explaining what was expected of us timing wise and made sure we felt confident before we left the office. She always made herself available by phone.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack diagnosed me with PCOS without explaining what that meant. He is quick with explaining things and is slightly awkward when things get emotional. He also surprised me when the second round of IVF failed and showed great compassion. So I suppose he was there when we needed him and he made sure to contact me with any bad news directly.
Ask questions. Sometimes he acts like we should know things but this process is new to so many. I had to seek out supplements in hopes it improve our chances.
The nursing staff was amazing. Dr. Wittmaack is a little awkward but kind and knowledgeable. Anything I did t understand was explained by the amazing nursing staff.
We started with pills. Moved on to IUIs with trigger injections. We only did 2 IUIs which surprise me before moving into IVF. I was put on birth control to control my cycle. I took the minimum dosage for injections along with vitamin D and Dhea supplements for healthy cell development. Each IVF cycle had 14 eggs retrieved and 3 ended up blastocysts. Each time we have them tested and each time they all came back abnormal. Which is why we never reached the transfer stage. One of the eggs was slightly abnormal but we decided against transfer because of chromosome 13 being high risk. Each time we had conversations with genetics and they found nothing wrong with my husband and I. Everyone was baffled by our experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: Cia )
She clearly felt bad we weren’t having any luck. She made sure she was there with me at each visit. She took her time explaining what was expected of us timing wise and made sure we felt confident before we left the office. She always made herself available by phone.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is very inviting and warm. Once you get to the third floor, the environment is calm. The desk is always staffed and they are very welcoming. Any questions on payment is done privately so you never feel uncomfortable speaking openly. The egg retrieval is done just behind the main doors in the waiting area so everything is close by.
Ultrasounds, medication, consults
Green Bay

he [Dr. Wittmaack] gives you all the information you need to know and keeps it simple. I think he doesn't want to overwhelm you and wants you to focus on whatever step of the process you are on before you start worrying about the next. But if you're someone who wants greater detail - ask away! He's very honest and knowledgable...After an examination revealed I had a great number of follicles in my ovaries he put me on a medication that would work better for me than someone with an average amount of follicles. When my ovaries got pretty big from all those eggs
We had Sia [nurse at Aurora Fertility Services] for many of our visits - for the consultations and injection training. (She was our favorite.) She was patient and kind and knowledgeable. I felt the whole staff was helpful and kind...We qualified for the 'shared success program.' We paid a specific amount that covered everything but medication and ensured a live birth in three IVF rounds (I believe - the specifics are on their website). If you do not achieve a live birth you get 70 percent of the money back. If felt so nice to have that extra insurance and know if it didn't work we would have a chunk of money back to put towards another means of building our family, like adoption.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack made me feel very important and cared for. He hesitates between conversations leaving the door open for any questions or concerns. He made us laugh and kept us positive, especially when I was starting to feel overwhelmed by the process.
Ask questions - he gives you all the information you need to know and keeps it simple. I think he doesn't want to overwhelm you and wants you to focus on whatever step of the process you are on before you start worrying about the next. But if you're someone who wants greater detail - ask away! He's very honest and knowledgable.
Dr. Wittmaak and his staff were very kind and thorough with my husband and I. As soon as our first consultation, I knew we were in good hands. They were there for us every step of the process - from teaching us how to inject our hormones to answering all our questions. They gave us hope and took their time with us.
Because of my husband's pretty low sperm count, we went right to IVF. After an examination revealed I had a great number of follicles in my ovaries he put me on a medication that would work better for me than someone with an average amount of follicles. When my ovaries got pretty big from all those eggs, he decided to freeze our embryos and do a frozen transfer two months after the retrieval so I would not get hyper ovarian stimulation. We were disappointed to wait those extra weeks, but knew it was a good decision and so appreciate him looking out for me in the long term. We did a frozen transfer, which was successful, and they kept me on progesterone shots and inserts until week 11 to support the pregnancy. They are not messing around and want you to have a baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: Sia )
We had Sia for many of our visits - for the consultations and injection training. (She was our favorite.) She was patient and kind and knowledgeable. I felt the whole staff was helpful and kind.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is very private, which is awesome! It's right by a side entrance, a short elevator ride up and you're there. It's clean, receptionists are awesome and friendly. I always felt good being there, like we were getting closer to our baby with each visit.
Dr. Wittmaack discussed the pros and cons of putting in one embryo or two. He told us about the higher risk of pregnancy complications with multiples, but left the decision up to us. We went with one for our first transfer.
Green Bay

[Dr. Frank Wittmaack is a] Very good doctor, we have unexplained infertility and we were told what our treatment would look like at our first visit. We started with IUI and if that didn't work we were told they would try the same thing 3 times. Not changing a thing. Hoping it will work out but im a bit hesitant... Even if they failed he wouldnt change a thing. If that didnt work then IVF is next. We are just starting IUI #1 so i cant really say much yet.
[Aurora Fertility Services- Green Bay is] Very good at calling you about test results and returning phone calls. Only downside for me personally are the clinic hours. I live an hour away and work 1st shift which are the same hours of the clinic so its hard for me to make appointments and get off of work for them.... One round of IUI is $1,082 (includes the insemination, sperm washing, and one ultrasound) a progesterone blood draw is $181 and each doctor visit was $370.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Always ask questions if you have any! They explain every detail to you but once you start treatment it becomes a whirlwind.
We're in the middle of treatment right now so i cant fully comment on everything, but i feel like i see the nurses more than the doctor. Not sure if that's normal for clinics or not.
We were diagnosed unexplained infertility and told he would try 3 rounds of IUI all with the same medication and dosage. Even if they failed he wouldnt change a thing. If that didnt work then IVF is next. We are just starting IUI #1 so i cant really say much yet.
Love the nurses here! All very friendly and answer all your questions.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
We have no infertility coverage so almost everything is out of pocket. One round of IUI is $1,082 (includes the insemination, sperm washing, and one ultrasound) a progesterone blood draw is $181 and each doctor visit was $370. The only thing covered for us is any bloodwork needed. Which was a lot.
Green Bay

She [Dr. Shanti] highly recommended doing genetic testing of the embryos and thus has a strong preference for single embryo transfer. She feels the results are better. ... One strength about her is that she is dedicated to the patients she sees. One weakness is that she may not always communicate information well because she thinks you already know it. ... She can be blunt at times which is something I've had to get use to, but she isn't going to suggest doing a procedure unless she thinks it is going to work. ...
The financial adviser [Aurora Fertility Services] does a good job of showing you what your options are and how much they will cost (with an estimate on the medication only) Weakness- Only one doctor at this clinic right now so sometimes I think the staff is overworked. ... For FET monitoring appointments they like to have them done before 11am ... There seems to be a recent turnover of a few nurses resulting in some newer faces. Most of the staff is really friendly and caring.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
At the start of seeking care from Dr. Shanti I felt like more of a number because all of this new information was thrown at me and it didn't feel like she was willing to take the time to really go through it all with me. Over time she has got way better and I can tell now that she really cares for me and is doing everything in her power to result in a baby. She can be blunt at times which is something I've had to get use to, but she isn't going to suggest doing a procedure unless she thinks it is going to work. One strength about her is that she is dedicated to the patients she sees. One weakness is that she may not always communicate information well because she thinks you already know it.
Don't be put off by her bluntness and make sure you ask a lot of questions if you don't know something.
For IUIs: Was monitored after I got my period to watch how thick my lining was. Took Letrozole. Used a HCG trigger shot. All negative pregnancy tests. For 1st Frozen embryo transfer: Monitored when I ovulated with over the counter predictor kits as I cannot be on regular birth control pills. Once I ovulated I was on 2 weeks of Lupron until I got a period. Then I started Estradial Valerate injections 2x a week. My lining thickness was monitored over 3 weeks. 1 week before FET started progesterone in oil at first just 1x a day then 2x two days before transfer. Resulted in chemical pregnancy. For 2nd FET: On progesterone only birth control until starting Lupron. Taking a low dose aspirin daily. On Lupron for a total of 28 days (some of which occurred while taking other medication. Estradial Valerate injections 2x a week. My lining thickness was monitored over 3 weeks. 1 week before FET progesterone in oil injections were started 2x a day. Results unknown at this time.
There seems to be a recent turnover of a few nurses resulting in some newer faces. Most of the staff is really friendly and caring. A few of the nurses seem more down to business-like rather than trying to comfort you. There are some amazing nurses who feel like your best friend.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Strength- Higher than average success rate. The financial adviser does a good job of showing you what your options are and how much they will cost (with an estimate on the medication only) Weakness- Only one doctor at this clinic right now so sometimes I think the staff is overworked.
For FET monitoring appointments they like to have them done before 11am because there is also blood work that gets drawn at the same time. This allows them to make sure all the results are finished by 4pm.
My cycles have been covered by insurance so far.
She highly recommended doing genetic testing of the embryos and thus has a strong preference for single embryo transfer. She feels the results are better.
West Allis

For my first egg retrieval he [Dr. Frank Wittmaack] prescribed Lupron and birth control prior to starting stims. I started gonal-f and menopur for stimulation meds. Initially I was not responding to the meds and therefore they were increased! I was at risk of OHSS and was prescribed an oral med but cannot recall the name. I also had a trigger shot the use prior to the egg retrieval. For the second egg retrieval I also used birth control but no Lupron the second time. For stims I started gonal f and menopur. They also had me use cetradtide to help with OHSS and used a Lupron trigger. An antibiotic was given through IV for each retrieval.
The nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services- Green Bay] were so compassionate and patient with us throughout our journey! I asked a lot of questions and also seemed to know the answer! They have seriously almost become our second family! It is clear they care and are very invested in our care and the outcome of our procedures!!... All of the staff including the receptions and billing department were so kind and helpful always! The finances rep Leanne was very helpful in explaining cost and the different payment options! The embryologists Heather and Ann Marie were so calm when delivering news, even bad news. They were very knowledgeable and explained a very complicated process to us very well!
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack is a very intelligent provider and truly seems to care about his patients! He explains things well and is honest but gentle with his delivery! I could not recommend him more! When our first egg retrieval failed (no normal embryos) he adjusted meds and we were able to try again with a successful transfer!
Ask questions! This is a big deal so make sure you understand. The staff will answer all of your questions and remember no question is dumb!
Dr. Wittmaack and his staff were so kind and compassionate throughout our whole process with them! We could not have gotten through this journey without their support. They always had a way of helping to calm me down when I was feeling panicked about various things!!
For my first egg retrieval he prescribed Lupron and birth control prior to starting stims. I started gonal-f and menopur for stimulation meds. Initially I was not responding to the meds and therefore they were increased! I was at risk of OHSS and was prescribed an oral med but cannot recall the name. I also had a trigger shot the use prior to the egg retrieval. For the second egg retrieval I also used birth control but no Lupron the second time. For stims I started gonal f and menopur. They also had me use cetradtide to help with OHSS and used a Lupron trigger. An antibiotic was given through IV for each retrieval.
The nursing staff were so compassionate and patient with us throughout our journey! I asked a lot of questions and also seemed to know the answer! They have seriously almost become our second family! It is clear they care and are very invested in our care and the outcome of our procedures!!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
All of the staff including the receptions and billing department were so kind and helpful always! The finances rep Leanne was very helpful in explaining cost and the different payment options! The embryologists Heather and Ann Marie were so calm when delivering news, even bad news. They were very knowledgeable and explained a very complicated process to us very well! I could not recommend this clinic more!!
If I recall correctly the total cost of the IVF with frozen embryo transfer was about 23,000.
They seemed to have a preference for only transferring one embryo and did educate us as patients and ultimately gave us the choice.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Considering we have a dual factor problem, he [Dr Estil Strawn] was confident that our best route would be IVF. We immediately stopped Clomid and worked towards that. It was great he was so straightforward about the idea that other drugs just for me and IUI likely wouldn't work. Saved us time and money. He also did tons of diagnostic labs which made us feel confident we were choosing the right option for us.
The clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] is a brand new facility with great amenities. Location is very convenient and the hours are very flexible. Don't do the more invasive IVF procedures there which is a downfall..quite a hike to nearest location to do so. Hopefully in the future it will be more all inclusive. Dr Strawn also moves between this location and Green Bay, so there are weeks where he isn't available in person.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
He was very straightforward about our diagnosis, test results, and what he believed out next steps should be. At the same time, he was very open to avenues and options we wanted to investigate. He was very knowledgeable and able to answer nearly every question we had. Only complaint we have is that he doesn't do the more invasive IVF procedures where we consulted with him so we had to change reproductive endocrinologist for logistical reasons.
Do research beforehand and have questions ready! He wants to answer them.
Considering we have a dual factor problem, he was confident that our best route would be IVF. We immediately stopped Clomid and worked towards that. It was great he was so straightforward about the idea that other drugs just for me and IUI likely wouldn't work. Saved us time and money. He also did tons of diagnostic labs which made us feel confident we were choosing the right option for us.
Very knowledgeable and willing to answer any and every question. You could tell some of them have gone through this experience personally which was comforting.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is a brand new facility with great amenities. Location is very convenient and the hours are very flexible. Don't do the more invasive IVF procedures there which is a downfall..quite a hike to nearest location to do so. Hopefully in the future it will be more all inclusive. Dr Strawn also moves between this location and Green Bay, so there are weeks where he isn't available in person.
High dollar up front consultation, but it went towards my deductible. Whenever possible, they billed services as something other than "infertility so insurance would cover it.
Describe Estil Strawn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
Dr. Strawn did not seem like a big fan of double transfer, at least initially in our scenario. He said that since we were young and otherwise healthy (no hx of miscarriage), there were more potential risks. That being said, if we felt strongly about doing a double transfer, he would've been okay with it. The exception to that being of embryo testing was performed...no double transfers of known chromosonally normal embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
There was confusion regarding my transfer of providers. Communication breakdown. Nothing super serious but it made me question what I knew to be the plan.
Estil Strawn
Kenosha

Dr Stanti was knowledgeable of my case. She gave me a protocol based on diagnosis and changed it when it needed to be...She is a fact based doctor. At times she is blunt in her delivery of facts, which I appreciate. She is great at explaining procedures and why they are being done. If anything in my protocol was changed she explained why...Sometimes Dr Shanti would explain things and it would go over my head as I am not a medical professional. Whenever I asked questions she was more than willing to go back and answer them.
Monitoring appointments were very easy to get [at Aurora]. I needed to schedule them as early as possible due to my job. Most of the time I was able to get the first or second appointment of the day. I barely had to miss any work for my monitoring appointments...IVF package $13,500...This clinic is small which has benefits and drawbacks. Your care is individualized and they really get to know you. However, at times there is a lot of waiting to make appointments since it is a small practice. Once you get started with your protocol it’s fine however getting started takes some time.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She is very knowledgeable. She is a fact based doctor. At times she is blunt in her delivery of facts, which I appreciate. She is great at explaining procedures and why they are being done. If anything in my protocol was changed she explained why.
Ask questions. Sometimes Dr Shanti would explain things and it would go over my head as I am not a medical professional. Whenever I asked questions she was more than willing to go back and answer them.
For my egg retrieval, Dr Shanti put me on Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. I was started on a low dose, but my medication had to be increased since I was not responding to the lower dose. I used a HCG trigger shot before the retrieval. We were successful in retrieving 15 eggs. For my FET, I was on Lupron, injectable estrogen, and progesterone in oil. Right before the transfer I was also prescribed an antibiotic, a steroid, and vaginal progesterone. This transfer was successful, however it ended in a chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks.
I love the nursing staff! They are all very friendly and knowledgeable. They have called with good news and bad news and have been fantastic in both situations. They always provide clear information and instructions to move forward especially if there is a change in protocol.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Monitoring appointments were very easy to get. I needed to schedule them as early as possible due to my job. Most of the time I was able to get the first or second appointment of the day. I barely had to miss any work for my monitoring appointments.
IVF package $13,500 PGS testing $2000 Medication for egg retrieval $8,000 Medication for FET $1,000
Dr Shanti recommended transferring one embryo. We agreed on this decision and were not interested in transferring multiple embryos.
West Allis

Dr. Shanti is to the point, in that way you can feel a little like a number, but I found her bluntness and direct manner helpful in getting whatever needed to be done accomplished.... She is confident in her skills and makes you feel like she will do anything to help you.... After using medications like clomid and Femara without success with ovulation she knew we needed to use injectable medications, she adjusted my medication as the cycle went on for a planned IUI.
The nursing staff [Aurora- West Allis] overall was very pleasant and compassionate. I had one nurse I didn't really care for, she barely spoke a word to me while she was doing blood draws or ultrasounds, it just made me feel uncomfortable.... I feel like they are well organized, friendly and compassionate. I do wish you were assigned one specific nurse everytime to gain rapport and comfort ability.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is very talented and she knows what she is doing, I feel confident with my care in her hands. Her personality is very direct and to the point, knowing that going into her office, don't expect any warm fuzzy feelings. She is confident in her skills and makes you feel like she will do anything to help you.
Go in with your questions written down. Go in knowing she is very direct.
After using medications like clomid and Femara without success with ovulation she knew we needed to use injectable medications, she adjusted my medication as the cycle went on for a planned IUI. Unfortunately with those medications it was challenging for my follicles to reapond appropriately and my cycle got cancelled. She has explained in detail, extensively on what my body was doing and she had a plan for future cycles.
The nursing staff overall was very pleasant and compassionate. I had one nurse I didn't really care for, she barely spoke a word to me while she was doing blood draws or ultrasounds, it just made me feel uncomfortable.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I don't have another clinic to compare it to, but I feel like they are well organized, friendly and compassionate. I do wish you were assigned one specific nurse everytime to gain rapport and comfort ability.
For a consultation it was in the 300-400$ range. For my cancelled IUI cycle it cost about 2500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
On my cancelled IUI cycle, I didn't receive a call that day like I was anticipating, I had to call the clinic to ask what was going on.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Shanti got to know me and my husband. She was kind and always talked to us like people instead of treatments. I even saw her in the grocery store well into my pregnancy and she gave me a big hug!... We were encouraged to transfer one embryo because we did a frozen transfer with generic testing and all of that gave us a higher chance for success. We probably could have pushed for two if we wanted to do that, but we felt like one was enough and that way we could keep our other (lower graded) embryos for later transfers
I liked the clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] since it was inside a hospital. It was a one stop shop for everything you might need. Lab, surgery, embryo storage, all of it was right there onsite. The only thing was that you did need to use an outside pharmacy for medication, but I liked the pharmacy we used.... My treatment was all out of pocket but I was able to set up payment plans and even receive a discount through the hospital system
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
She’s very direct and to the point, which I appreciate. But there’s a real warmth and sense of caring about her too! I always thought that I was in good hands and knew what to expect (as much as possible at least).
I loved the nursing staff here!! They were always our first point of contact and at times did a lot of heavy lifting in the fertility process. They were knowledgeable and passionate about the work. And they understood that I was a little crazy and needed all of the information all of the time!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I liked the clinic since it was inside a hospital. It was a one stop shop for everything you might need. Lab, surgery, embryo storage, all of it was right there onsite. The only thing was that you did need to use an outside pharmacy for medication, but I liked the pharmacy we used.
My treatment was all out of pocket but I was able to set up payment plans and even receive a discount through the hospital system because we didn’t go through insurance. I don’t remember exactly how much everything cost, but I know IVF with medication (egg retrieval and transfer cycles plus storage of frozen embryos) was about $20k
West Allis

I feel his work up was not complete prior to starting treatments. I did not like that he [Dr. Wittmaack] did not preform all of my IUIs and I did not like that nurses do the IUIs and ultrasounds...I did not feel like he explained the process thoroughly or the "why" for treatments/medications. I felt rushed anytime he was present. He has a hard time comforting the upset patient making awkward jokes as opposed to putting things in perspective.
This clinic [Aurora] does not assign a specific nurse so at times you talk to a nurse that you've never met. There were a few very good, knowledgeable, compassionate nurses. There is no way to email them which is inconvenient for the busy person. You must call and receive a call back. They do most of the IUIs and ultrasounds. I got the feeling they were making many of the decisions as opposed to the doctor reviewed results and changing treatments or giving instructions.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack was very nice. I did not feel like he explained the process thoroughly or the "why" for treatments/medications. I felt rushed anytime he was present. He has a hard time comforting the upset patient making awkward jokes as opposed to putting things in perspective. I feel his work up was not complete prior to starting treatments. I did not like that he did not preform all of my IUIs and I did not like that nurses do the IUIs and ultrasounds.
Be your own advocate. Ask many questions.
I felt they did treat me like a human. The receptionist knew my name when I came in. The nurses remembered my situation each time.
Letrozole + trigger + IUI
This clinic does not assign a specific nurse so at times you talk to a nurse that you've never met. There were a few very good, knowledgeable, compassionate nurses. There is no way to email them which is inconvenient for the busy person. You must call and receive a call back. They do most of the IUIs and ultrasounds. I got the feeling they were making many of the decisions as opposed to the doctor reviewed results and changing treatments or giving instructions.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Clinics strengths include a private area/waiting room for only fertility patients. The receptionist is always very friendly and knowledgeable. They were easy to contact and you were not left on hold. Weaknesses include poor billing department. They did not give me all my options and I ended up paying much more out of pocket than I should have. They do not give options for outside monitoring versus monitoring treatment in their clinic for distant patients.
There are no options for the patient that is traveling from a distant location. Either you pay the package deal and have everything done at that clinic or you pay very high costs for individual services. You must pay for every consult every time meeting with the doctor
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
They failed to present all options for package deals costing me a lot of money. Also, getting a second opinion from another reproductive endocrinologist, there were initial testing that was forgotten and testing that was unnecessary done. The cost of their ultrasounds and labs out-of-pocket are much much higher than other clinics.

2014 - 2017
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
From the very beginning Dr. Wittmaack was ready and willing to help. After advising my husband and I that IVF was probably our best route he never pressured us for an answer immediately. We took 7-8 months and when we were ready to try he was there and excited to help us. He would call me himself when something didn't turn out right or for test results. Communication was amazing and much appreciated.
I went through 2 egg retrievals [at Aurora-Green Bay]. The protocol was different each time. The first one was pretty basic and we got 12 eggs. We opted for genetic testing so at the end we had 1 female egg that sadly didn't take. For the next retrieval he had me take DHA and CoQ10 for 3 months beforehand. We got 22 eggs second time around! Again we did genetic testing and ended up with 4 female eggs to work with.
2014 - 2017
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Be ready for one hell of a journey. Dr. Wittmaack will have your back the whole way. But be ready to not always get the answers you want or expect.
The Dr. was really nice. Whenever I called the receptionists were kind. The nurses became family to me.
I went through 2 egg retrievals. The protocol was different each time. The first one was pretty basic and we got 12 eggs. We opted for genetic testing so at the end we had 1 female egg that sadly didn't take. For the next retrieval he had me take DHA and CoQ10 for 3 months beforehand. We got 22 eggs second time around! Again we did genetic testing and ended up with 4 female eggs to work with. Each one of my transfers were a little different too. Just little things were tweaked like amount and times I took my progesterone injections. And in between there were tests he had me take and do as well to figure out why my transfers weren't working. I can't remember what the test is called where they insert saline solution, I've had done a couple times. And I've also had the test done that's like a mock transfer. I take all the meds and get my body ready for a transfer but instead of transfer he removed a piece of uterine lining to see if when we were doing the transfer was the right time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: I worked with a couple...I believe Brooke was one of them and Kendall I think was the other one.)
I can't say enough about the nursing staff here!! Brooke in particular was very understanding as she was also a patient not just a nurse. All the nurses there were so kind, patient, warm, understanding, compassionate, and really became like a family.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
They're really willing to try and schedule things that work best for you. We had to drive an hour to get to appointments and they were very courteous of that. They were also amazing when it came to setting up payments that worked for us.
We did 2 retrievals and 5 transfers. I don't remember specific prices for specific procedures but I know in totally we paid well over $25,000
For me because of my age we only transferred 1 embryo. We never really discussed more because my husband was terrified of multiples haha!
Green Bay

My treatment was very individualized. Dr. Wittmaack saw me at every appointment and got to know me personally...He always double checks to make sure I understood the information before I left my visits. He got to know me personally through all of my appointments and always took time to answer my questions...For IUI I took Letrozle and then a HCG Trigger shot. For egg retrieval I used Lurpon, Gonal F, and Menopur. Birth Control was also used to regulate my cycles. For frozen embryo transfer I used Progesterone in Oil, Estridol Valerate and Lupron. I also took an antiboiotic to help reduce risk of infection at the time of the transfer.
They [Aurora Fertility Services] were AMAZING. Totally answered all of my questions even after hours. They encouraged me to call them at any time day or night. They were very compassionate and when I was upset they would give me a big hug and make sure I was okay. I couldn't have gone through this process without their support!...We didn't do any genetic testing so we were given the option of transferring 1 or 2 embryos. Our clinic gave us information from the CDC on risks associated with a multiple pregnancy. After talking with the Embryologist about the quality of our embryos we ultimately made our decision.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack can be a little hard to understand because German is his first language. He always double checks to make sure I understood the information before I left my visits. He got to know me personally through all of my appointments and always took time to answer my questions.
Ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to reask them to make sure you completely understand your course of treatment.
They were AMAZING. Totally answered all of my questions even after hours. They encouraged me to call them at any time day or night. They were very compassionate and when I was upset they would give me a big hug and make sure I was okay. I couldn't have gone through this process without their support!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic has a great billing department that assists with making sure you understand your insurance and costs. The front desk support is also very sweet and considerate. Embryology is also great and answers questions that you may have to call in and ask. Every single person has been awesome to work with!
My costs were covered through insurance. Medications were not covered, but for Egg Retrieval they were about $5000.
Green Bay
Ellen Hayes was very descriptive about what she wanted to do and achieve. But she also made it sound like certain things worked for other patients so it should work for me. I felt to compared to everyone else. She did however confirm my suspicions that my egg quality was not the greatest...The embryos that did make it to day 5 were not graded the best so they would not transfer them even though i wanted to.
They [Aurora - West Allis] do everything in the clinic and it is welcoming. They should have more weekend hours for when someones cycle starts on the weekend or a Friday. Otherwise they are closed on the weekend....The costs were pretty standard. The one thing i liked was that they offered a payment plan for those who were paying out of pocket ...It just seemed like I was being treated like every other patient. when everyone has different circumstances and outcomes.
European, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
Make sure that you are taking the right dose of medications for your cycle. Make sure she understands your worries.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe the protocols Ellen Hayes used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
I don't remember the exact protocol but i was on 450iu of Gonal-g and 150 of Menopur. I was also on Omnitrope and triggered with HCG. The results were still poor egg quality even though on Omnitrope. The embryos that did make it to day 5 were not graded the best so they would not transfer them even though i wanted to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services.
They were very good at calling back in a timely manner. But they sometimes got their info confused with a cancelled cycle and which doctor changed things.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
They do everything in the clinic and it is welcoming. They should have more weekend hours for when someones cycle starts on the weekend or a Friday. Otherwise they are closed on the weekend.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services.
Describe Ellen Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
I did not transfer any but she aimed more towards a single transfer to help with the risk of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
I had conflicting information about medication dosages due to the fact that they misplaced the notes the doctor gave them or looked at the wrong paper from a different cycle that was cancelled.
Ellen Hayes
West Allis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services.

3 IUI, Donor Eggs
I feel that Dr. Wittmaack is a compassionate and caring doctor who always had our best interests at heart. He was honest and forthcoming with what was not always good news. Unfortunately he is an employee of a corporation and I feel that this affected how the outcome of our unique situation was handled.
This is exactly the outcome [at Aurora] we were attempting to avoid by using a donor in the first place! We then had to wait an entire month for a follow up and when I called to schedule it I was told there were no appointments available for over 3 weeks!!! We felt we were rushed through the consent signing and we were not given copies. We were NEVER told of the risk of this outcome. On the contrary we were constantly told how successful their donor cycles are!
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Do not rush into anything and ask lots of questions. If you are signing anything, make sure to read it thoroughly, ask for copies and make sure that you understand the risks of the treatment you are undertaking.
Dr. Wittmaack always took the time to answer our questions and seemed genuinely hopeful and optimistic of our success. With the exception of two of our IUI.s which were performed by nurses I always say Dr. Wittmack for my appointments.
After 3 failed IUIs we were scheduled to start IVF with our own eggs, however the cycle we were to start my FSH had risen significantly and we decided mutually to go right to donor eggs. From there we encountered numerous setbacks. The first proven donor we we selected from the clinic's donor pool ended up not being available (the donor files had not been updated). Our second choice tested positive as a carrier for alpha thalassemia so we had to see a genetic counselor and my husband had to be tested. We decided to proceed as we had already invested a great deal of money on her FDA testing and psych evaluation. I was put on birth control pills then Lupronef. Our donor was not responding well to stims so we had to pay for additional meds with no notice. Then at my last ultrasound before retrieval we discovered I had a follicle and subsequent blood work showed I was ovulating despite being on Lupron. We had to then freeze for FET. Then disaster happened!!! Our donor went to retrieval. 14 eggs were retrieved; 8 mature, 2 post mature and the rest, according to the embryologist "were just bad eggs." All 8 fertilized with ICSI but by day 3 we had 5 poor and 3 fair. All were highly fragmented. By day 5 we had NO embryos to freeze. Dr. said it was 100% an egg quality issue. This is exactly the outcome we were attempting to avoid by using a donor in the first place! We then had to wait an entire month for a follow up and when I called to schedule it I was told there were no appointments available for over 3 weeks!!! I had to settle for a phone appointment. Dr Wittmaack seemed genuinely devastated for us and agreed to speak to the clinic administrator to see of they would help us out financially by discounting a new cycle or waiving or discounting our current bill (in addition to the 10k plus we had already spent we currently have an outstanding bill of over 10k!). It is not looking good as the financial coordinator said the "we signed and dated the consent forms and we knew the risks." We felt we were rushed through the consent signing and we were not given copies. We were NEVER told of the risk of this outcome. On the contrary we were constantly told how successful their donor cycles are!
The nurses were always friendly and upbeat. They all knew us by name. I would have liked a more open channel of communication beside the phone during regular business hours for questions though (such as e-mail). I was able to text the donor coordinator once our cycle began and that was appreciated.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic environment is pleasant and professional, though more difficult to get to due to hospital construction. Be sure to know costs up front as they add up quickly. Once your cycle fails be prepared for not a lot of follow up.
Costs added up quickly! There was an unexpected price increase at the last minute with our donor cycle. We paid around 10k for our donor's FDA testing, genetic testing, psychological evaluation and medications beyond our donor cycle fee. We have over well over 20k invested in our donor cycle (including the pending bill) and we never even got to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
We were given a printed copy of the price of our donor cycle in October. When we went in February (four months later) to sign our consents and make our down payment we were informed, as I was getting out my checkbook, that the price had increased by $1000! They would not honor the original price that we were given. We also feel we were NOT made fully aware of the risks and we were not given time to properly read over and review the consents we were signing. We were never once told that their was a risk our donor (provided through their clinic) could have extremely poor egg quality resulting in no embryos to transfer! This failed cycle has left a huge financial and emotional hole! Our bill/case is currently still in review and we pray that Aurora will do right by us.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Everyone [at Aurora Fertility] was incredibly friendly and made me feel like family. I felt like if my cycles failed, they were hurting with me- and if the cycle was a success that they were celebrating with me....The cost for IVF (one fresh cycle) was $12000 The cost of IUI was about $3000 per cycle...I would trust this clinic for any of my fertility needs. I would never look elsewhere for treatment. I cannot think of one single weakness. Even if I received bad news, I always had a positive experience with the clinic.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack is a gentle, intelligent and caring man. He took as much time as necessary to make sure I understood and was comfortable with the next step. He never pushed us toward a certain method of treatment, always explaining all the options and allowing us to make an informed decision on our own with his assistance. I felt 100% confident in his diagnosis, prognosis and treatment methods and never once doubted his practice- even if the cycle turned out to be negative. I am currently 7 months pregnant with my incredible IVF miracle that Dr. Wiittmaack helped my husband and I to conceive. He and his staff even have plans to come visit the three of us after delivery. I will most definitely be recommending Dr. W. to everyone and anyone who is looking. We are so lucky that he practices near our home.
Relax. He and his staff know exactly what they're doing and they will never let you feel like you aren't important. They will help you make all of the tough decisions and will care for you with world class efficiency. Do not be afraid or nervous. Trust.
Everyone knew my name and remembered details about my personal life at each visit. Everyone was incredibly friendly and made me feel like family. I felt like if my cycles failed, they were hurting with me- and if the cycle was a success that they were celebrating with me. I have nothing but great things to say about every staff member that we had the pleasure of working with.
After 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole (1 cancelled) that all failed, we decided to move forward with IVF. I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve and damaged fallopian tubes, so we all decided that IVF was the best option moving forward. Birth control pills for 6 weeks 10 units of Lupron for 10 days 8 days of: 225 units of Gonal-F 75 units of menopur 5 units of lupron Following egg retrieval: 2 estrace tablets 2 units of progesterone in oil 11 eggs retrieved 11 mature 10 fertilized 4 made it to embryo stage 2 transferred fresh 2 frozen 1 beautiful baby boy at 7 months gestation
The nursing staff we incredibly compassionate and caring. The communication was always prompt and informative. They felt like family.
Green Bay

Overall, she [Dr. Shanti] did not sugar-coat our prognosis or challenges. She appeared very vigilant about our case, making recommendations and changes along the way to optimize our chances. She was blunt, which we needed, but sometimes it lacked warmth. She seemed to be uncomfortable with my emotions, which invalidated the emotional roller-coaster of IVF at times. However, she still heard my needs and appeared to do her best to meet them. She always answered my questions and provided a lot of hope for us when other doctors didn't. Above all, the hope she instilled in our case was powerful.
The clinic's [Aurora] strengths is that they are organized and coordinated. They provide a lot of support and consult on your case well. They even had the lab director sit with us in a meeting to go into more detail about our case and what his suggestions are from his perspective. They were able to help us work out a payment plan for our treatment and they communicated well with us...The nurses and staff were so wonderful! They were so invested in our case, appeared genuinely happy to see us for each appointment and provided a lot of emotional support. We truly felt welcomed and supported by the staff. They always took the time to explain things to us and check in on how we are doing.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Overall, I liked my experience with Dr. Shanti. She provided a lot of detail to us about our case along the way. She made adjustments to the treatment as things arose. She heard our needs and concerns and sat down to address them. She was blunt in her communication, which was a double edged sword as we needed to be realistic about our chances and progress, but when we displayed or expressed emotion, we sometimes felt invalidated as she appeared uncomfortable with our emotions. She provided us with a lot of hope when other doctors had not. Her hope appeared to be founded in reality and we trusted her. We did get pregnant, but lost it right away. Although the loss was devastating, we did get pregnant under her care and this silver lining supported the hope she instilled within us. Additionally, she encouraged our seeking support of alternative care to supplement our treatment with her (i.e., acupuncture, abdominal massage, etc.), while other doctors seemed either indifferent or didn't support this.
Ask lots of questions. Don't feel like you are burdening the doctors, even if they make you feel that way. It is your right to know everything you can about your case, treatment protocol, results, and what to expect.
Overall, she did not sugar-coat our prognosis or challenges. She appeared very vigilant about our case, making recommendations and changes along the way to optimize our chances. She was blunt, which we needed, but sometimes it lacked warmth. She seemed to be uncomfortable with my emotions, which invalidated the emotional roller-coaster of IVF at times. However, she still heard my needs and appeared to do her best to meet them. She always answered my questions and provided a lot of hope for us when other doctors didn't. Above all, the hope she instilled in our case was powerful.
We did an IVF cycle before we met with Dr. Shanti. That first cycle with the other doctor failed. However, I responded fairly well to my stimulation, so Dr. Shanti made a few tweaks to optimize those results, but kept most of it the same (I do not remember the details). Our case is male factor infertility, and so she decided to have my husband do a testicular biopsy to get testicular sperm in addition to fresh samples on the morning of egg retrieval (which our previous IVF doctor cancelled his surgery due to finding sperm in his sample on the morning of). She wanted us to get both ejaculated sperm and testicular sperm and do ICSI with both sperm sources on my eggs. However, the biopsy was not successful (no sperm found) and we did not have enough fresh sperm to fertilize my eggs. She decided to freeze the remaining 9 eggs and place my husband on a different protocol with supplements for 4 months before attempting a second round of fertilization. We had good results the second time we fertilized and ended with a strong 5 day blastocyst. She found fluid in my uterus and decided to freeze the embryo and do a FET a few months later after the fluid cleared up. I got pregnant, but lost it within a week. We did not do genetic testing, but she suspects that there may have been a chromosomal issue with the embryo. She highly recommended we do PGS testing the next time we do IVF. She explained her rationale along the way and we trusted all her decisions. In the end, her decisions and tweaks along the way did get me pregnant, which provided me even more hope that I can get pregnant (and hopefully have a baby) in the future. She was very cautious and vigilant with our case and we felt she truly cared about our results. We did not feel like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic's strengths is that they are organized and coordinated. They provide a lot of support and consult on your case well. They even had the lab director sit with us in a meeting to go into more detail about our case and what his suggestions are from his perspective. They were able to help us work out a payment plan for our treatment and they communicated well with us. We felt heard and supported overall.
IVF was about 10,500, ICSI was an additional 1,500-2,000. Our FET was about 4,600 (in addition to the IVF cost).
She did have strong opinions about the number of embryos transferred. Had we had more than one healthy embryo, she strongly suggested we only transfer one at a time as our case was male-factor infertility and I was young (26 at the time). She felt the risks of multiple pregnancy were too high. However, we only had one healthy embryo to transfer and so we did not have to challenge her protocol. Had we had multiple embryos, we would have wanted to transfer more than one, and would have pushed on this issue with her. However, we did not have multiple embryos and cannot speak to how that communication would have evolved.