2845 Greenbrier Rd
414-329-4300

Strongly recommend
Don't recommend

Treated 2017 - 2018
At first, my husband and I appreciated his [Dr. Wittmaack] matter of fact attitude. However, when our first cycle went poorly, we were immediately dismissed as a lost cause. In addition, I was given this information over the phone, in a non-compassionate manner. The recommendation was to stop TTC immediately and pursue other options. Thankfully, we sought a second opinion, and I am now 5 months pregnant with a child made from my own eggs, and my husbands sperm.
they [Aurora Fertility Svcs] allow for a monthly payment plan over the course of 1 year. They also offer a 3-cycle guaranteed plan, which can be paid off over two years, and comes with a partial refund if you do not end up with a child. ... Lab will allow embryo growth to day five or six. Will not freeze or transfer after day 6. Patients are batched, as there is only one doctor.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
At first, my husband and I appreciated his matter of fact attitude. However, when our first cycle went poorly, we were immediately dismissed as a lost cause. In addition, I was given this information over the phone, in a non-compassionate manner. The recommendation was to stop TTC immediately and pursue other options. Thankfully, we sought a second opinion, and I am now 5 months pregnant with a child made from my own eggs, and my husbands sperm. Dr. Wittmaack made us feel as if that was an outcome that could never be achieved.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Be sure to ask questions, and ask the alternatives ahead of time. I.e. - “If this doesn’t work, or we don’t get a good result, what is the next step?” Also, don’t be afraid to seek a second opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
I felt like I was treated like a number, because as soon as we had a failed cycle, we were a lost cause and he told us to stop trying. The method of delivering the result of the first cycle was poor, and cold.
Describe the protocols Frank Wittmaack used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Pretty standard Lupron/follistim/menopure protocol with an HcG trigger. Lab will allow embryo growth to day five or six. Will not freeze or transfer after day 6. Patients are batched, as there is only one doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
We were very pleased with the nursing staff. They were always kind, helpful and organized with us.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Strength is that it’s the only IVF clinic in north east Wisconsin, and they allow for a monthly payment plan over the course of 1 year. They also offer a 3-cycle guaranteed plan, which can be paid off over two years, and comes with a partial refund if you do not end up with a child. However, the 3 cycle plan is limited to one year from the start of the first cycle, and retrieval’s only happen if you have no embryos. Weakness, aside from our poor experience with the doctor, the scheduling is not as flexible because there is only one doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services.
Flat fee that covered everything up until the pregnancy test. For a slight upcharge (~$1,500) you could add PGS testing.
Describe Frank Wittmaack's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
We did not get any embryos with Dr Wittmaack, so I’m unsure of their policy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
The only snafu was when my husband tried to have his record sent over to our second clinic. It required him to call several times to remind the clinic, right up until the date of our second opinion at the new clinic. This caused a delay in the new doctor being able to proved a recommendation.
Treated 2019 - 2020
We did 2 rounds of IUI and 1 round of IVF so far [with Dr. Frank Wittmaack]...Next cycle we will reduce the units of stims because I was on the cusp of hyperstimulation (I have PCOS)...really takes the time to listen, explain, and is generous with his time...His style is very calm and reassuring - he has a great bedside manner, but as someone who also likes a lot of facts and detail, I sometimes have to push for more information. He always readily answers questions, but he doesn't always offer it straightaway. That said, I would rather have that than a Doctor who has a cold bedside manner.
The nursing staff is a true highlight of the clinic [Aurora Fertility Services]. They are skilled of course, but their compassion and bedside manner is so comforting during a really tough journey. I can't say enough good things about the nurses!...Dr. Wittmaack, the nursing staff, and the embryologists are some of THE most compassionate and caring health care workers I have ever encountered. Infertility is a journey and you need patience, no matter where you go, but I feel in safe hands at Aurora and with this clinic.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
I initially chose this clinic because it was closest to my home, but I was really happy to see his success rates of live births for my age group (3rd in the country, according to latest CDC report) and the care and compassion he brings to his practice. His style is very calm and reassuring - he has a great bedside manner, but as someone who also likes a lot of facts and detail, I sometimes have to push for more information. He always readily answers questions, but he doesn't always offer it straightaway. That said, I would rather have that than a Doctor who has a cold bedside manner.
Ask as many questions as you want and need
Dr. Wittmaack really takes the time to listen, explain, and is generous with his time.
We did 2 rounds of IUI and 1 round of IVF so far. With IVF, my stims included 125 units of Follistim (reduced to 75 units after estrogen spiked), 75 units of Menopur, and Ganirelix. Trigger with .4 units of Lupron. Next cycle we will reduce the units of stims because I was on the cusp of hyperstimulation (I have PCOS).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nursing staff is a true highlight of the clinic. They are skilled of course, but their compassion and bedside manner is so comforting during a really tough journey. I can't say enough good things about the nurses!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
This is one of the top clinics in the country and the best in the state in terms of success rates. Dr. Wittmaack, the nursing staff, and the embryologists are some of THE most compassionate and caring health care workers I have ever encountered. Infertility is a journey and you need patience, no matter where you go, but I feel in safe hands at Aurora and with this clinic.
For IVF: Filed to insurance is $19,721, estimated medical costs $4,000-$8,000
Dr. Wittmaack strongly suggests single embryo transfer, but the decision is ultimately up to the patient.
Treated 2019 - 2020
[Dr. Frank Wittmaack] had me take DHEA and CoQ10 for the 3 months leading up to IVF. When we started, I had the most antral follicles yet - 8! They all grew with the protocol prescribed and we got 5 mature eggs...we ended up 3 beautiful embryos. One resulted in our current pregnancy, while the other two are on ice!...He will give it to you straight, but he is also warm and friendly. If you are someone who has a lot of “why” questions or wants a lot of detail about treatment and cycle progression, ASK QUESTIONS. Dr. W may assume you don’t want all those details otherwise. I was much happier once I started asking for the info I wanted to know at the start of each appointment (especially at monitoring). Overall, Dr. W was very knowledgeable about my diagn
This nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services] rocks! They are all so friendly and easy to talk to. Also great at drawing blood - which is a huge plus for how many times you get poked!... the clinic offers an IVF payment plan so we are still paying a lot of it off without interest. The monthly payments are high, but o my last a year or two depending on the plan you select. They also offer Sharec Success plans that will reimburse you if you don’t get pregnant. I didn’t qualify for those since I have DOR, but was still able to do a multi-cycle plan at a greatly reduced price. We ended up not needing more than one retrieval/transfer, bu
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack truly has your best interest at heart! He will give it to you straight, but he is also warm and friendly. If you are someone who has a lot of “why” questions or wants a lot of detail about treatment and cycle progression, ASK QUESTIONS. Dr. W may assume you don’t want all those details otherwise. I was much happier once I started asking for the info I wanted to know at the start of each appointment (especially at monitoring). Overall, Dr. W was very knowledgeable about my diagnosis and prescribed the right protocol for me. Putting my full trust in him during our IVF cycle was the best decision I’ve ever made!
Again, ask questions. Advocate for yourself, but also try to relinquish some control and trust the doctor. He is great at making adjustments as needed and I would highly recommend him for anyone considering IVF.
Dr. Wittmaack, Dr. Strawn, the nurses, and all the other staff were so kind and friendly. They recognized us at every visit and knew where we were at in our treatment. They were excited with us at all the biggest steps - celebrating with us at retrieval, transfer, and when we finally got our BFP!
Because I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Dr. W put me on a mini-Lupron flare protocol. The dosages of Menopur and follistim were pretty high - so if you find yourself in the same boat, brace yourself for an expensive prescription cost! We shopped around and applied for a couple discount programs that greatly reduced our cost. Dr. W also had me take DHEA and CoQ10 for the 3 months leading up to IVF. When we started, I had the most antral follicles yet - 8! They all grew with the protocol prescribed and we got 5 mature eggs. I had hoped for more, but somehow we ended up 3 beautiful embryos. One resulted in our current pregnancy, while the other two are on ice!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
This nursing staff rocks! They are all so friendly and easy to talk to. Also great at drawing blood - which is a huge plus for how many times you get poked!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Strengths are that you can typically get started pretty fast. We had our first IUI less than two months after our initial testing. This was due in part to having completed a few tests outside the clinic through my OB beforehand. The staff are also very friendly and do a good job of helping you feel supported. The nurses are always available to answer questions when you have them, including on the weekends. Weaknesses are that communication from the doctor can be a little light at times. Appointments go pretty quick, but if you ask questions it never felt like the doctor or nurses were annoyed or too busy. Overall an excellent experience.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Aurora Fertility Services.
Monitoring appointments were sometimes conducted by Dr. Strawn. He was typically the one I would see the second week of any month if that’s when monitoring fell. I believe this is because Dr. W splits time in Oshkosh. Dr. Strawn definitely seemed to take his time more during monitoring, while Dr. W was pretty quick about it.
I’d say we spent around $30-35k when all was said and done. However, the clinic offers an IVF payment plan so we are still paying a lot of it off without interest. The monthly payments are high, but o my last a year or two depending on the plan you select. They also offer Sharec Success plans that will reimburse you if you don’t get pregnant. I didn’t qualify for those since I have DOR, but was still able to do a multi-cycle plan at a greatly reduced price. We ended up not needing more than one retrieval/transfer, but it was worth paying more for the extra reassurance of knowing we’d have more chances if the first protocol didn’t work. Prescriptions were sent to Mandell’s. I ended up applying for various discount programs and taking out a loan to cover my medications through Future Family. Our initial med cost of $8,000 went down to $5,500 by taking these extra steps! Do yourself a favor and shop around. You could save a LOT of money.
Green Bay
We have done 4 total cycles of [IUI] treatment [with Dr. Shanti]...she knew my name, knew what we had been through and when we discovered the polyps in the SHG and I was in tears, she embraced me and made me feel like she really cared about my future and our goals for a family...is very to the point. This is noted on all of her reviews. She does not sugar coat things but at the same time does have compassion. The moment I felt like I belonged in this clinic was when she hugged me during a tearful visit and told me we were going to move forward and not look backwards. It really went a long way with me personally and my journey.
Be aware that the nurses do most of the work here [at Aurora Fertility Services] - at least for me. I have only seen Dr. Shanti 3 total times besides consultations over 6 months - once for the SHG, once for the surgery to remove the polyps and then once for an IUI (nurses did the other 2 IUIs)...I am very pleased with the nursing staff here. They are friendly, compassionate, and capable. They always follow-up in a timely manor and know who I am. There was a rough IUI procedure with a couple of the nurses but I talked this through with the clinic and will only see the doctor for any additional moving forward. They were very understanding - it was rather obvious things were not going well during the appointment.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is very to the point. This is noted on all of her reviews. She does not sugar coat things but at the same time does have compassion. The moment I felt like I belonged in this clinic was when she hugged me during a tearful visit and told me we were going to move forward and not look backwards. It really went a long way with me personally and my journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Just remember that her goal is a baby which doing IVF right away is the fastest way to a baby. We did not take that advice and are now in our 3rd IUI...which a part of me wishes we would have done IVF right away just because of how much time is needed. Be aware that the nurses do most of the work here - at least for me. I have only seen Dr. Shanti 3 total times besides consultations over 6 months - once for the SHG, once for the surgery to remove the polyps and then once for an IUI (nurses did the other 2 IUIs).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Granted, I have only seen the doctors a few times but all of those times, she knew my name, knew what we had been through and when we discovered the polyps in the SHG and I was in tears, she embraced me and made me feel like she really cared about my future and our goals for a family.
Describe the protocols Aida Shanti used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
We have done 4 total cycles of treatment. All included baseline and 1+ midcycle ultrasounds. The first was with Letrozole but a low dosage...and we did not do an IUI because my follicles did not stimulate properly. The second was with Letrozole again at a higher dosage and IUI (which a nurse administered) - which failed. The third cycle, I requested Clomid instead and we did another IUI (which a different nurse administered) - which failed. And the fourth cycle, we did Clomid again and an IUI which I demanded with Dr. Shanti. This was actually today so fingers crossed!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
I am very pleased with the nursing staff here. They are friendly, compassionate, and capable. They always follow-up in a timely manor and know who I am. There was a rough IUI procedure with a couple of the nurses but I talked this through with the clinic and will only see the doctor for any additional moving forward. They were very understanding - it was rather obvious things were not going well during the appointment. Overall, I am very grateful to have the support of this nursing team. It is VERY different (in a great way) compared to the care I received at my previous clinic when it comes to the nurses
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Scheduling is easy and the receptionists are very friendly and fast. This is a big part of your journey - schedules. If something is not going the way you want it, speak up. They cannot read your mind. The only "negative" I have to say so far is the first IUI experience I described in another section of this review. This, however, has been addressed and we have made progress/plans for the future.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services.
With my polyp surgery and all appointments, I honestly am not sure the total cost but we met our deductible very early this year. My husband manages this.
Describe Aida Shanti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
Not applicable
Aida Shanti

Treated 2018 - 2019
She's [Dr. Shanti] definitely a busy woman, so appointments sometimes felt rushed. There was always the mindset of "what do you want to do" though. She also asked personal questions not related to fertility which was comforting. ... My husband and I are a complicated case as we both have fertility issues, so IVF was really our only option that had good potential for success. ... She is very optimistic about results and the quality of care she hopes to provide.
Wide variety of services offered at one location [Aurora Fertility Services]. Hospital setting is comforting in case something with a more invasive procedure happens to go wrong, although it does share a floor with an inpatient unit. ... Saw a variety of nurses during my care with this fertility clinic and each one was fantastic! Constantly reassuring that things were going well and they would keep me updated...which they did. As soon as test results were available they would call me and let me know what to expect next.
How was your experience with Aida Shanti at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Shanti is a very knowledgeable physician...you can tell immediately that she has a passion for reproductive medicine and that she's very good at it. I've seen several times in my visits, her rejoicing with families who bring in their "success story children" which makes the environment hopeful. She is very optimistic about results and the quality of care she hopes to provide.
Ask lots of questions...she can answer them!
She's definitely a busy woman, so appointments sometimes felt rushed. There was always the mindset of "what do you want to do" though. She also asked personal questions not related to fertility which was comforting.
I came to Dr. Shanti as a transfer patient from a different RE, after already having tried conservative methods such as clomid. My IVF treatment plan was pretty well laid out when she took over my care. However we discussed it in great detail and she gave her input/opinions. My husband and I are a complicated case as we both have fertility issues, so IVF was really our only option that had good potential for success. We are just 2 weeks out from starting the hormone stimulation for our first egg retrieval so no real results to share yet. UPDATE: Our egg retrieval was extremely successful! Using a Gonal-f/Menopur regimen, we were able to collect 16 good quality eggs! 13 successfully fertilized via ICSI and 5 were determined to be healthy day 5 embryos that tested chromosomally normal! We transferred 1 of these embryos via a frozen cycle and got our first ever positive pregnancy test a week later! &lt;3 The first 11 weeks I supplemented with progesterone and estrogen and levels were constantly monitored--3 ultrasounds were performed during this period before "graduating" to normal OB/GYN care. We are currently 16 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Wide variety of services offered at one location. Hospital setting is comforting in case something with a more invasive procedure happens to go wrong, although it does share a floor with an inpatient unit.
We did a shared success program which costs more up front, but covers multiple cycles and transfers. There is a 70% refund if we do not deliver a baby within the specified time frame. Single cycles also available, but the "guarantee" was a nice option to have. Total out of pocket cost between the cycle package, medications, PGS testing, and other miscellaneous charges was about $30,000.
Not discussed with her. We did PGS testing on our embryos and have no history of miscarriage or other reasons to suggest we would have trouble carrying, so single transfer is their protocol in such instances which we are okay with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
As a transfer patient, there was simply confusion in communication between the old and new clinics. (not sure why as they are both within the same health system). I knew what the plan was supposed to be and the information was able to be confirmed once staff was informed and able to search for it.
Aida Shanti
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Wittmaack is a little awkward but kind and knowledgeable....He preferred single transfer if eggs were tested. Otherwise he would transfer two...diagnosed me with PCOS without explaining what that meant. He is quick with explaining things and is slightly awkward when things get emotional. He also surprised me when the second round of IVF failed and showed great compassion. So I suppose he was there when we needed him and he made sure to contact me with any bad news directly.
The nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services] was amazing...We started with pills. Moved on to IUIs with trigger injections. We only did 2 IUIs which surprise me before moving into IVF...She [nurse] clearly felt bad we weren’t having any luck. She made sure she was there with me at each visit. She took her time explaining what was expected of us timing wise and made sure we felt confident before we left the office. She always made herself available by phone.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack diagnosed me with PCOS without explaining what that meant. He is quick with explaining things and is slightly awkward when things get emotional. He also surprised me when the second round of IVF failed and showed great compassion. So I suppose he was there when we needed him and he made sure to contact me with any bad news directly.
Ask questions. Sometimes he acts like we should know things but this process is new to so many. I had to seek out supplements in hopes it improve our chances.
The nursing staff was amazing. Dr. Wittmaack is a little awkward but kind and knowledgeable. Anything I did t understand was explained by the amazing nursing staff.
We started with pills. Moved on to IUIs with trigger injections. We only did 2 IUIs which surprise me before moving into IVF. I was put on birth control to control my cycle. I took the minimum dosage for injections along with vitamin D and Dhea supplements for healthy cell development. Each IVF cycle had 14 eggs retrieved and 3 ended up blastocysts. Each time we have them tested and each time they all came back abnormal. Which is why we never reached the transfer stage. One of the eggs was slightly abnormal but we decided against transfer because of chromosome 13 being high risk. Each time we had conversations with genetics and they found nothing wrong with my husband and I. Everyone was baffled by our experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: Cia )
She clearly felt bad we weren’t having any luck. She made sure she was there with me at each visit. She took her time explaining what was expected of us timing wise and made sure we felt confident before we left the office. She always made herself available by phone.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is very inviting and warm. Once you get to the third floor, the environment is calm. The desk is always staffed and they are very welcoming. Any questions on payment is done privately so you never feel uncomfortable speaking openly. The egg retrieval is done just behind the main doors in the waiting area so everything is close by.
Ultrasounds, medication, consults
Green Bay
he [Dr. Wittmaack] gives you all the information you need to know and keeps it simple. I think he doesn't want to overwhelm you and wants you to focus on whatever step of the process you are on before you start worrying about the next. But if you're someone who wants greater detail - ask away! He's very honest and knowledgable...After an examination revealed I had a great number of follicles in my ovaries he put me on a medication that would work better for me than someone with an average amount of follicles. When my ovaries got pretty big from all those eggs
We had Sia [nurse at Aurora Fertility Services] for many of our visits - for the consultations and injection training. (She was our favorite.) She was patient and kind and knowledgeable. I felt the whole staff was helpful and kind...We qualified for the 'shared success program.' We paid a specific amount that covered everything but medication and ensured a live birth in three IVF rounds (I believe - the specifics are on their website). If you do not achieve a live birth you get 70 percent of the money back. If felt so nice to have that extra insurance and know if it didn't work we would have a chunk of money back to put towards another means of building our family, like adoption.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack made me feel very important and cared for. He hesitates between conversations leaving the door open for any questions or concerns. He made us laugh and kept us positive, especially when I was starting to feel overwhelmed by the process.
Ask questions - he gives you all the information you need to know and keeps it simple. I think he doesn't want to overwhelm you and wants you to focus on whatever step of the process you are on before you start worrying about the next. But if you're someone who wants greater detail - ask away! He's very honest and knowledgable.
Dr. Wittmaak and his staff were very kind and thorough with my husband and I. As soon as our first consultation, I knew we were in good hands. They were there for us every step of the process - from teaching us how to inject our hormones to answering all our questions. They gave us hope and took their time with us.
Because of my husband's pretty low sperm count, we went right to IVF. After an examination revealed I had a great number of follicles in my ovaries he put me on a medication that would work better for me than someone with an average amount of follicles. When my ovaries got pretty big from all those eggs, he decided to freeze our embryos and do a frozen transfer two months after the retrieval so I would not get hyper ovarian stimulation. We were disappointed to wait those extra weeks, but knew it was a good decision and so appreciate him looking out for me in the long term. We did a frozen transfer, which was successful, and they kept me on progesterone shots and inserts until week 11 to support the pregnancy. They are not messing around and want you to have a baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: Sia )
We had Sia for many of our visits - for the consultations and injection training. (She was our favorite.) She was patient and kind and knowledgeable. I felt the whole staff was helpful and kind.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is very private, which is awesome! It's right by a side entrance, a short elevator ride up and you're there. It's clean, receptionists are awesome and friendly. I always felt good being there, like we were getting closer to our baby with each visit.
Dr. Wittmaack discussed the pros and cons of putting in one embryo or two. He told us about the higher risk of pregnancy complications with multiples, but left the decision up to us. We went with one for our first transfer.
Green Bay
[Dr. Frank Wittmaack is a] Very good doctor, we have unexplained infertility and we were told what our treatment would look like at our first visit. We started with IUI and if that didn't work we were told they would try the same thing 3 times. Not changing a thing. Hoping it will work out but im a bit hesitant... Even if they failed he wouldnt change a thing. If that didnt work then IVF is next. We are just starting IUI #1 so i cant really say much yet.
[Aurora Fertility Services- Green Bay is] Very good at calling you about test results and returning phone calls. Only downside for me personally are the clinic hours. I live an hour away and work 1st shift which are the same hours of the clinic so its hard for me to make appointments and get off of work for them.... One round of IUI is $1,082 (includes the insemination, sperm washing, and one ultrasound) a progesterone blood draw is $181 and each doctor visit was $370.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Always ask questions if you have any! They explain every detail to you but once you start treatment it becomes a whirlwind.
We're in the middle of treatment right now so i cant fully comment on everything, but i feel like i see the nurses more than the doctor. Not sure if that's normal for clinics or not.
We were diagnosed unexplained infertility and told he would try 3 rounds of IUI all with the same medication and dosage. Even if they failed he wouldnt change a thing. If that didnt work then IVF is next. We are just starting IUI #1 so i cant really say much yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Love the nurses here! All very friendly and answer all your questions.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
We have no infertility coverage so almost everything is out of pocket. One round of IUI is $1,082 (includes the insemination, sperm washing, and one ultrasound) a progesterone blood draw is $181 and each doctor visit was $370. The only thing covered for us is any bloodwork needed. Which was a lot.
Green Bay
For my first egg retrieval he [Dr. Frank Wittmaack] prescribed Lupron and birth control prior to starting stims. I started gonal-f and menopur for stimulation meds. Initially I was not responding to the meds and therefore they were increased! I was at risk of OHSS and was prescribed an oral med but cannot recall the name. I also had a trigger shot the use prior to the egg retrieval. For the second egg retrieval I also used birth control but no Lupron the second time. For stims I started gonal f and menopur. They also had me use cetradtide to help with OHSS and used a Lupron trigger. An antibiotic was given through IV for each retrieval.
The nursing staff [at Aurora Fertility Services- Green Bay] were so compassionate and patient with us throughout our journey! I asked a lot of questions and also seemed to know the answer! They have seriously almost become our second family! It is clear they care and are very invested in our care and the outcome of our procedures!!... All of the staff including the receptions and billing department were so kind and helpful always! The finances rep Leanne was very helpful in explaining cost and the different payment options! The embryologists Heather and Ann Marie were so calm when delivering news, even bad news. They were very knowledgeable and explained a very complicated process to us very well!
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack is a very intelligent provider and truly seems to care about his patients! He explains things well and is honest but gentle with his delivery! I could not recommend him more! When our first egg retrieval failed (no normal embryos) he adjusted meds and we were able to try again with a successful transfer!
Ask questions! This is a big deal so make sure you understand. The staff will answer all of your questions and remember no question is dumb!
Dr. Wittmaack and his staff were so kind and compassionate throughout our whole process with them! We could not have gotten through this journey without their support. They always had a way of helping to calm me down when I was feeling panicked about various things!!
For my first egg retrieval he prescribed Lupron and birth control prior to starting stims. I started gonal-f and menopur for stimulation meds. Initially I was not responding to the meds and therefore they were increased! I was at risk of OHSS and was prescribed an oral med but cannot recall the name. I also had a trigger shot the use prior to the egg retrieval. For the second egg retrieval I also used birth control but no Lupron the second time. For stims I started gonal f and menopur. They also had me use cetradtide to help with OHSS and used a Lupron trigger. An antibiotic was given through IV for each retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nursing staff were so compassionate and patient with us throughout our journey! I asked a lot of questions and also seemed to know the answer! They have seriously almost become our second family! It is clear they care and are very invested in our care and the outcome of our procedures!!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
All of the staff including the receptions and billing department were so kind and helpful always! The finances rep Leanne was very helpful in explaining cost and the different payment options! The embryologists Heather and Ann Marie were so calm when delivering news, even bad news. They were very knowledgeable and explained a very complicated process to us very well! I could not recommend this clinic more!!
If I recall correctly the total cost of the IVF with frozen embryo transfer was about 23,000.
They seemed to have a preference for only transferring one embryo and did educate us as patients and ultimately gave us the choice.
Treated 2017
I feel his work up was not complete prior to starting treatments. I did not like that he [Dr. Wittmaack] did not preform all of my IUIs and I did not like that nurses do the IUIs and ultrasounds...I did not feel like he explained the process thoroughly or the "why" for treatments/medications. I felt rushed anytime he was present. He has a hard time comforting the upset patient making awkward jokes as opposed to putting things in perspective.
This clinic [Aurora] does not assign a specific nurse so at times you talk to a nurse that you've never met. There were a few very good, knowledgeable, compassionate nurses. There is no way to email them which is inconvenient for the busy person. You must call and receive a call back. They do most of the IUIs and ultrasounds. I got the feeling they were making many of the decisions as opposed to the doctor reviewed results and changing treatments or giving instructions.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack was very nice. I did not feel like he explained the process thoroughly or the "why" for treatments/medications. I felt rushed anytime he was present. He has a hard time comforting the upset patient making awkward jokes as opposed to putting things in perspective. I feel his work up was not complete prior to starting treatments. I did not like that he did not preform all of my IUIs and I did not like that nurses do the IUIs and ultrasounds.
Be your own advocate. Ask many questions.
I felt they did treat me like a human. The receptionist knew my name when I came in. The nurses remembered my situation each time.
Letrozole + trigger + IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
This clinic does not assign a specific nurse so at times you talk to a nurse that you've never met. There were a few very good, knowledgeable, compassionate nurses. There is no way to email them which is inconvenient for the busy person. You must call and receive a call back. They do most of the IUIs and ultrasounds. I got the feeling they were making many of the decisions as opposed to the doctor reviewed results and changing treatments or giving instructions.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Clinics strengths include a private area/waiting room for only fertility patients. The receptionist is always very friendly and knowledgeable. They were easy to contact and you were not left on hold. Weaknesses include poor billing department. They did not give me all my options and I ended up paying much more out of pocket than I should have. They do not give options for outside monitoring versus monitoring treatment in their clinic for distant patients.
There are no options for the patient that is traveling from a distant location. Either you pay the package deal and have everything done at that clinic or you pay very high costs for individual services. You must pay for every consult every time meeting with the doctor
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
They failed to present all options for package deals costing me a lot of money. Also, getting a second opinion from another reproductive endocrinologist, there were initial testing that was forgotten and testing that was unnecessary done. The cost of their ultrasounds and labs out-of-pocket are much much higher than other clinics.
Treated 2014 - 2017
From the very beginning Dr. Wittmaack was ready and willing to help. After advising my husband and I that IVF was probably our best route he never pressured us for an answer immediately. We took 7-8 months and when we were ready to try he was there and excited to help us. He would call me himself when something didn't turn out right or for test results. Communication was amazing and much appreciated.
I went through 2 egg retrievals [at Aurora-Green Bay]. The protocol was different each time. The first one was pretty basic and we got 12 eggs. We opted for genetic testing so at the end we had 1 female egg that sadly didn't take. For the next retrieval he had me take DHA and CoQ10 for 3 months beforehand. We got 22 eggs second time around! Again we did genetic testing and ended up with 4 female eggs to work with.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Be ready for one hell of a journey. Dr. Wittmaack will have your back the whole way. But be ready to not always get the answers you want or expect.
The Dr. was really nice. Whenever I called the receptionists were kind. The nurses became family to me.
I went through 2 egg retrievals. The protocol was different each time. The first one was pretty basic and we got 12 eggs. We opted for genetic testing so at the end we had 1 female egg that sadly didn't take. For the next retrieval he had me take DHA and CoQ10 for 3 months beforehand. We got 22 eggs second time around! Again we did genetic testing and ended up with 4 female eggs to work with. Each one of my transfers were a little different too. Just little things were tweaked like amount and times I took my progesterone injections. And in between there were tests he had me take and do as well to figure out why my transfers weren't working. I can't remember what the test is called where they insert saline solution, I've had done a couple times. And I've also had the test done that's like a mock transfer. I take all the meds and get my body ready for a transfer but instead of transfer he removed a piece of uterine lining to see if when we were doing the transfer was the right time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: I worked with a couple...I believe Brooke was one of them and Kendall I think was the other one.)
I can't say enough about the nursing staff here!! Brooke in particular was very understanding as she was also a patient not just a nurse. All the nurses there were so kind, patient, warm, understanding, compassionate, and really became like a family.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
They're really willing to try and schedule things that work best for you. We had to drive an hour to get to appointments and they were very courteous of that. They were also amazing when it came to setting up payments that worked for us.
We did 2 retrievals and 5 transfers. I don't remember specific prices for specific procedures but I know in totally we paid well over $25,000
For me because of my age we only transferred 1 embryo. We never really discussed more because my husband was terrified of multiples haha!
Treated 2016 - 2017
My treatment was very individualized. Dr. Wittmaack saw me at every appointment and got to know me personally...He always double checks to make sure I understood the information before I left my visits. He got to know me personally through all of my appointments and always took time to answer my questions...For IUI I took Letrozle and then a HCG Trigger shot. For egg retrieval I used Lurpon, Gonal F, and Menopur. Birth Control was also used to regulate my cycles. For frozen embryo transfer I used Progesterone in Oil, Estridol Valerate and Lupron. I also took an antiboiotic to help reduce risk of infection at the time of the transfer.
They [Aurora Fertility Services] were AMAZING. Totally answered all of my questions even after hours. They encouraged me to call them at any time day or night. They were very compassionate and when I was upset they would give me a big hug and make sure I was okay. I couldn't have gone through this process without their support!...We didn't do any genetic testing so we were given the option of transferring 1 or 2 embryos. Our clinic gave us information from the CDC on risks associated with a multiple pregnancy. After talking with the Embryologist about the quality of our embryos we ultimately made our decision.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack can be a little hard to understand because German is his first language. He always double checks to make sure I understood the information before I left my visits. He got to know me personally through all of my appointments and always took time to answer my questions.
Ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to reask them to make sure you completely understand your course of treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
They were AMAZING. Totally answered all of my questions even after hours. They encouraged me to call them at any time day or night. They were very compassionate and when I was upset they would give me a big hug and make sure I was okay. I couldn't have gone through this process without their support!
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic has a great billing department that assists with making sure you understand your insurance and costs. The front desk support is also very sweet and considerate. Embryology is also great and answers questions that you may have to call in and ask. Every single person has been awesome to work with!
My costs were covered through insurance. Medications were not covered, but for Egg Retrieval they were about $5000.
Treated 2015 - 2016
I feel that Dr. Wittmaack is a compassionate and caring doctor who always had our best interests at heart. He was honest and forthcoming with what was not always good news. Unfortunately he is an employee of a corporation and I feel that this affected how the outcome of our unique situation was handled.
This is exactly the outcome [at Aurora] we were attempting to avoid by using a donor in the first place! We then had to wait an entire month for a follow up and when I called to schedule it I was told there were no appointments available for over 3 weeks!!! We felt we were rushed through the consent signing and we were not given copies. We were NEVER told of the risk of this outcome. On the contrary we were constantly told how successful their donor cycles are!
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Do not rush into anything and ask lots of questions. If you are signing anything, make sure to read it thoroughly, ask for copies and make sure that you understand the risks of the treatment you are undertaking.
Dr. Wittmaack always took the time to answer our questions and seemed genuinely hopeful and optimistic of our success. With the exception of two of our IUI.s which were performed by nurses I always say Dr. Wittmack for my appointments.
After 3 failed IUIs we were scheduled to start IVF with our own eggs, however the cycle we were to start my FSH had risen significantly and we decided mutually to go right to donor eggs. From there we encountered numerous setbacks. The first proven donor we we selected from the clinic's donor pool ended up not being available (the donor files had not been updated). Our second choice tested positive as a carrier for alpha thalassemia so we had to see a genetic counselor and my husband had to be tested. We decided to proceed as we had already invested a great deal of money on her FDA testing and psych evaluation. I was put on birth control pills then Lupronef. Our donor was not responding well to stims so we had to pay for additional meds with no notice. Then at my last ultrasound before retrieval we discovered I had a follicle and subsequent blood work showed I was ovulating despite being on Lupron. We had to then freeze for FET. Then disaster happened!!! Our donor went to retrieval. 14 eggs were retrieved; 8 mature, 2 post mature and the rest, according to the embryologist "were just bad eggs." All 8 fertilized with ICSI but by day 3 we had 5 poor and 3 fair. All were highly fragmented. By day 5 we had NO embryos to freeze. Dr. said it was 100% an egg quality issue. This is exactly the outcome we were attempting to avoid by using a donor in the first place! We then had to wait an entire month for a follow up and when I called to schedule it I was told there were no appointments available for over 3 weeks!!! I had to settle for a phone appointment. Dr Wittmaack seemed genuinely devastated for us and agreed to speak to the clinic administrator to see of they would help us out financially by discounting a new cycle or waiving or discounting our current bill (in addition to the 10k plus we had already spent we currently have an outstanding bill of over 10k!). It is not looking good as the financial coordinator said the "we signed and dated the consent forms and we knew the risks." We felt we were rushed through the consent signing and we were not given copies. We were NEVER told of the risk of this outcome. On the contrary we were constantly told how successful their donor cycles are!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nurses were always friendly and upbeat. They all knew us by name. I would have liked a more open channel of communication beside the phone during regular business hours for questions though (such as e-mail). I was able to text the donor coordinator once our cycle began and that was appreciated.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic environment is pleasant and professional, though more difficult to get to due to hospital construction. Be sure to know costs up front as they add up quickly. Once your cycle fails be prepared for not a lot of follow up.
Costs added up quickly! There was an unexpected price increase at the last minute with our donor cycle. We paid around 10k for our donor's FDA testing, genetic testing, psychological evaluation and medications beyond our donor cycle fee. We have over well over 20k invested in our donor cycle (including the pending bill) and we never even got to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
We were given a printed copy of the price of our donor cycle in October. When we went in February (four months later) to sign our consents and make our down payment we were informed, as I was getting out my checkbook, that the price had increased by $1000! They would not honor the original price that we were given. We also feel we were NOT made fully aware of the risks and we were not given time to properly read over and review the consents we were signing. We were never once told that their was a risk our donor (provided through their clinic) could have extremely poor egg quality resulting in no embryos to transfer! This failed cycle has left a huge financial and emotional hole! Our bill/case is currently still in review and we pray that Aurora will do right by us.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Everyone [at Aurora Fertility] was incredibly friendly and made me feel like family. I felt like if my cycles failed, they were hurting with me- and if the cycle was a success that they were celebrating with me....The cost for IVF (one fresh cycle) was $12000 The cost of IUI was about $3000 per cycle...I would trust this clinic for any of my fertility needs. I would never look elsewhere for treatment. I cannot think of one single weakness. Even if I received bad news, I always had a positive experience with the clinic.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack is a gentle, intelligent and caring man. He took as much time as necessary to make sure I understood and was comfortable with the next step. He never pushed us toward a certain method of treatment, always explaining all the options and allowing us to make an informed decision on our own with his assistance. I felt 100% confident in his diagnosis, prognosis and treatment methods and never once doubted his practice- even if the cycle turned out to be negative. I am currently 7 months pregnant with my incredible IVF miracle that Dr. Wiittmaack helped my husband and I to conceive. He and his staff even have plans to come visit the three of us after delivery. I will most definitely be recommending Dr. W. to everyone and anyone who is looking. We are so lucky that he practices near our home.
Relax. He and his staff know exactly what they're doing and they will never let you feel like you aren't important. They will help you make all of the tough decisions and will care for you with world class efficiency. Do not be afraid or nervous. Trust.
Everyone knew my name and remembered details about my personal life at each visit. Everyone was incredibly friendly and made me feel like family. I felt like if my cycles failed, they were hurting with me- and if the cycle was a success that they were celebrating with me. I have nothing but great things to say about every staff member that we had the pleasure of working with.
After 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole (1 cancelled) that all failed, we decided to move forward with IVF. I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve and damaged fallopian tubes, so we all decided that IVF was the best option moving forward. Birth control pills for 6 weeks 10 units of Lupron for 10 days 8 days of: 225 units of Gonal-F 75 units of menopur 5 units of lupron Following egg retrieval: 2 estrace tablets 2 units of progesterone in oil 11 eggs retrieved 11 mature 10 fertilized 4 made it to embryo stage 2 transferred fresh 2 frozen 1 beautiful baby boy at 7 months gestation
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nursing staff we incredibly compassionate and caring. The communication was always prompt and informative. They felt like family.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr [Frank Wittmaack] is very unique. Very positive yet honest. He doesn't over promise. Straight shooter. He is clear with instructions and always has a plan ready. I am always approached with a smile. He has no problem answering my questions or taking to me about other options I may have available...Femera 3-7 IUI day after positive OPK Progesterone 4 days after insemination
They [staff at Aurora Fertility Services] are kind and know us by name. Never felt like a number...Nursing staff was fantastic. Always got return calls timely. Never rushed...allowed for payment plans as well as help us fight our insurance for initial testing. The insemination with a monitored cycle was about $1100, not including a progesterone test for $175. Meds were approx $100.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr is very unique. Very positive yet honest. He doesn't over promise. Straight shooter. He is clear with instructions and always has a plan ready. I am always approached with a smile. He has no problem answering my questions or taking to me about other options I may have available.
Go in with open mind. Fertility is so hard as it is. Experiences and emotions are generally linked with loss or gain. If there is a negative review - that couple may have experienced a bad moment. It doesn't mean it'll be a bad process for you.
100% human. They are kind and know us by name. Never felt like a number.
Femera 3-7 IUI day after positive OPK Progesterone 4 days after insemination
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Nursing staff was fantastic. Always got return calls timely. Never rushed.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I have no complaints - while we haven't received our positive pregnancy get I'm happy to keep going with this office. I have nothing but positive to say. The helped me with insurance issues, to past diagnosis that were incorrect to beginning the process. We are so grateful for this team.
My insurance covers absolutely nothing. It's very hard. The allowed for payment plans as well as help us fight our insurance for initial testing. The insemination with a monitored cycle was about $1100, not including a progesterone test for $175. Meds were approx $100.
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr. Wittmaack is so kind and truly wants to help each of his patients. He's very skilled and I trust him completely. He was always very encouraging and optimistic. He always took adequate time with us to answer all of our questions...We did three IUIs with Letrozole and injectibles during the summer of 2014. This course of treatment was chosen for unexplained infertility. We conceived our daughter on our third IUI in August 2014 and are currently starting this process again (June 2017).
The cost of an IUI cycle [at Aurora] is about $2,000...The nurses were amazing. They were always very caring and compassionate. All of them were exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful as well. Struggling with infertility was a pretty dark time in my life, but the nurses always made me feel better. I feel as though they are like family now...
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Be sure to ask questions to thoroughly understand your course of treatment. Make sure you understand all of the costs involved. Also, try to relax and trust in Dr. Wittmaack and his staff.
I was truly surprised at the care we received from Dr. Wittmaack and his staff. They must see hundreds of patients every day, but they always treated us like people and not just another number. Everyone from the receptionist to the nurses and Dr. Wittmaack always acted like they truly cared.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
I don't have any complaints about Aurora BayCare Medical Center. I think it is an excellent facility with quality providers.
The cost of an IUI cycle is about $2,000.
Treated 2016 - 2017
We did 2 IUI cycles [with Dr. Frank Wittmaack]. I believe one was with Clomid and the other with Letrozole and both times used a trigger shot. We were unsuccessful in both...I felt like a human for our initial appointment and when we were doing the actual IUIs but the follow-up care felt cold and uncaring...never really bothered to help figure out why we were having trouble conceiving, it was more about getting you pregnant at all costs...seems like he knows what he is doing. He can be a bit awkward but I did feel confident that he had our best interest in mind.
I felt like a human for our initial appointment [at Aurora Fertility Services] and when we were doing the actual IUIs but the follow-up care felt cold and uncaring...never really bothered to help figure out why we were having trouble conceiving, it was more about getting you pregnant at all costs...Every nurse that I came in contact with in person was very kind and warm. I had interacted with one over the phone that was not very understanding. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmack seems like he knows what he is doing. He can be a bit awkward but I did feel confident that he had our best interest in mind. It did feel like we were not receiving as individualized care as I would have liked. After the IUIs, nobody ever called to follow-up and at no time throughout treatment would anyone call unless you called them or there was a test result they needed to share. They also never really bothered to help figure out why we were having trouble conceiving, it was more about getting you pregnant at all costs.
Do your research before you go for your initial assessment and have an idea of what you are willing to spend if insurance does not cover treatment.
We did 2 IUI cycles. I believe one was with Clomid and the other with Letrozole and both times used a trigger shot. We were unsuccessful in both.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is nice, you take an elevator straight to the office. Everything is done there, no need to drive a sperm sample anywhere else for procedures. The front desk staff is very friendly and usually remembers your name when you arrive. You meet privately with someone about costs and insurance coverage.
Yes, you meet with someone that explains costs.
Treated 2015 - 2017
I felt like a human, because he [Dr. Wittmaack] was well aware of what was going on in my treatment at all times and remembered our conversations. He genuinely cared about my success.... I had labs coming back with bad results repeatedly. The results didn't make sense, and Dr. Wittmaack stayed on the case until discovering I had antibodies thar were reacting with the lab assay itself. He is some sort of reproductive endocrinology genius.
The clinic [Aurora] is strong in having success, and that's most important. The doctor and nurses are fantastic and compassionate. Sometimes there isn't a lot of flexibility with timing, but that is truly the only weakness I can think of.... The nurses are excellent, truly care about your success, and care about you as a person, too. They are available to answer questions. It feels like they become your friends, and you need friends who understand when you're doing IVF.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Wittmaack was able to make possible our impossible dream of having a baby. I had an excellent first IVF cycle, got pregnant, but sadly miscarried the baby. Due to my age, I wanted to do another egg retrieval cycle rather than FET my other two embryos. I had yet another successful cycle, and our daughter is two months old. I had labs coming back with bad results repeatedly. The results didn't make sense, and Dr. Wittmaack stayed on the case until discovering I had antibodies thar were reacting with the lab assay itself. He is some sort of reproductive endocrinology genius.
It can take awhile to get started, but it goes fast once you are.
I felt like a human, because he was well aware of what was going on in my treatment at all times and remembered our conversations. He genuinely cared about my success.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is strong in having success, and that's most important. The doctor and nurses are fantastic and compassionate. Sometimes there isn't a lot of flexibility with timing, but that is truly the only weakness I can think of.
My doctor would let me transfer one or two, recommending two due to my age and that my embryos were untested.
Treated 2013 - 2017
Dr Wittmaack is very friendly and down to earth. He is very intelligent and explains things in a way that’s easy to understand. I have gone through a miscarriage and he was very reassuring that it was not my fault... I was always called by name and never felt like Dr had to sit and read my chart to know who I am... [Eset Approach] I was only able to transfer one embryo due to having a small uterus... The nurses were great at explaining things and made me feel like family
Marie and Linda [Aurora Fertility Services] always greet you with a smile when checking in. Nurses are always happy when bringing you back and the doctor will greet you with a warm handshake each time. Some of the visits are longer to give you information that you need to know. Other visits are very quick for testing and allow you to do treatments while working full time... The nurses were great at explaining things and made me feel like family
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
You must be mentally ready to go through fertility treatments
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
The nurses were great at explaining things and made me feel like family
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Marie and Linda always greet you with a smile when checking in. Nurses are always happy when bringing you back and the doctor will greet you with a warm handshake each time. Some of the visits are longer to give you information that you need to know. Other visits are very quick for testing and allow you to do treatments while working full time
I was only able to transfer one embryo due to having a small uterus
Treated 2014 - 2016
The doctor [Dr. Frank Wittmaack] was very inappropriate and made several comments to us that we completely out of line. Including but not limited to we should try things the old fashioned way, as well as telling my wife she could now really see my inner beauty while pointing to an ultrasound screen and preforming a vaginal ultrasound...We never got to protocols. After the initial baseline ultrasound where inappropriate comments were made I never went back.
Incompetence is rampant with the entire care team [at Aurora]. They don't communicate with each other, or the doctor...Communication with the office was very difficult and it felt like we were dictated to never consulted with...Incompetent, inappropriate, and horrible...The doctor [Dr. Wittmaack] was very inappropriate and made several comments to us that we completely out of line. Including but not limited to we should try things the old fashioned way, as well as telling my wife she could now really see my inner beauty while pointing to an ultrasound screen and preforming a vaginal ultrasound.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
The doctor was very inappropriate and made several comments to us that we completely out of line. Including but not limited to we should try things the old fashioned way, as well as telling my wife she could now really see my inner beauty while pointing to an ultrasound screen and preforming a vaginal ultrasound.
Stay far far far away.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Incompetence is rampant with the entire care team. They don't communicate with each other, or the doctor.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Incompetent, inappropriate, and horrible.
Treated 2013
Although my journey hasn't ended how I'd hoped, I still feel like I made the right choice with Dr. Wittmaack....Seems very knowledgable and intelligent. Dr. Wittmaack was friendly and honest about my treatment. Always very encouraging. Dr. Wittmaack and his staff are always upbeat and positive which was encouraging.
Everyone in this office [Aurora Green Bay] was friendly and professional. My care was always great. They remembered me when I called or came in and addressed me in a personal way....I felt like a friend and not just a patient. Although my journey hasn't ended how I'd hoped, I still feel like I made the right choice with Dr. Wittmaack.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
Seems very knowledgable and intelligent. Dr. Wittmaack was friendly and honest about my treatment. Always very encouraging. Dr. Wittmaack and his staff are always upbeat and positive which was encouraging. His staff recognized me on the phone and in person. I felt like a friend and not just a patient. Although my journey hasn't ended how I'd hoped, I still feel like I made the right choice with Dr. Wittmaack.
Costs add up fast. Do research and be prepared with questions to best understand the treatments.
Everyone in this office was friendly and professional. My care was always great. They remembered me when I called or came in and addressed me in a personal way.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Frank Wittmaack] is very good with his patients he takes the time to talk to you and make sure you understand and have no questions about anything. He calls you back personally if you have a question for him...give you a sheet that explains about single and multiple transfer...He has a strange sense of humor but he is a good dr stick with him...I have not had any treatments with him yet but they have gone over things when we were going to start. And they were very good about explaining everything.
I have not had any treatments with [Aurora Fertility Services] yet but they have gone over things when we were going to start. And they were very good about explaining everything...She [nurse] is very good at what she does. She gets back to you with your calls or messages to her. She is very caring and explains things good and makes sure you understand...They give you a sheet that explains about single and multiple transfer
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora Fertility Services?
He is very good with his patients he takes the time to talk to you and make sure you understand and have no questions about anything. He calls you back personally if you have a question for him. His nurse is also very good about messaging you back on the message board about the questions you have.
He has a strange sense of humor but he is a good dr stick with him.
Didnt I felt like a person
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: Carla )
She is very good at what she does. She gets back to you with your calls or messages to her. She is very caring and explains things good and makes sure you understand.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
All of the people we have came across at this clinic are very good and kind. They make sure you understand what they are talking about and they get back to you with your questions in the same day. They take the time that is needed for your care and dont treat you like you are money for there clinic. They treat you like you are a person and are good to you.
The cost was average the nice thing is they had payment plans for you.
They give you a sheet that explains about single and multiple transfer
Green Bay

Everyone at the clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] is kind and compassionate. They know that it is not everyone’s favorite place to be, and do what they can to keep things positive and comfortable. The clinic location is incredibly convenient for labs...He [Dr. Estil Strawn] will give you as much information as possible in an easy-to-understand way. He is kind, even when sharing news that is less than ideal...The consult appointment is long so that he can set aside the time needed to ensure you’re walking out of the office confident in your decision...He is detailed in explaining why he is doing what he is doing. He is an open book and answered any and all questions we had at our consult.
How was your experience with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
He will give you as much information as possible in an easy-to-understand way. He is kind, even when sharing news that is less than ideal. He has the same goal as you, but also needs to keep things realistic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
Go in with questions. The consult appointment is long so that he can set aside the time needed to ensure you’re walking out of the office confident in your decision.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Everyone at the clinic is kind and compassionate. They know that it is not everyone’s favorite place to be, and do what they can to keep things positive and comfortable. The clinic location is incredibly convenient for labs.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I feel like i have sincere relationships with [Dr. Estil Strawn]...My experience was a good one...was compassionate when we got our negative test after our first transfer and i felt like i had the time i needed to grieve before they were moving onto the next cycle...We went thru a regular ivf cycle and got 7 eggs but none made it to freeze. The next cycle we did the same and it had to be cancelled bc my ovaries weren't responding. His next approach was less meds/more natural cycle hoping for better quality but less quantity embryos. We retrieved 3 eggs and had one to freeze. It unfortunately didnt take. We are going thru another mini ivf now.
They [staff at Aurora Fertility Services] call me by name. I feel like i have sincere relationships with the Dr and nurses. They truly care...My nurse has been thru ivf treatments and has given me pep talks when i needed them and been there for me when things were tough...We went thru a regular ivf cycle and got 7 eggs but none made it to freeze. The next cycle we did the same and it had to be cancelled bc my ovaries weren't responding. His next approach was less meds/more natural cycle hoping for better quality but less quantity embryos. We retrieved 3 eggs and had one to freeze. It unfortunately didnt take. We are going thru another mini ivf now.
How was your experience with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
My experience was a good one. They all seem to care and are sympathetic to the situation. My nurse has been thru ivf treatments and has given me pep talks when i needed them and been there for me when things were tough. Dr Strawn was compassionate when we got our negative test after our first transfer and i felt like i had the time i needed to grieve before they were moving onto the next cycle.
Don't be afraid to double check why this or why that. If you have an instinct about your body...let him know.
They call me by name. I feel like i have sincere relationships with the Dr and nurses. They truly care.
Describe the protocols Estil Strawn used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Amazing! They are the foundation. The Dr is there making all the important decisions but they execute. They are heartfelt and you can tell they love what they do.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Its a new clinic so not much issue getting appts when needed. Not just another number. Sometimes the staff werent sure what to do in situations but they referred to the Dr and he was available for the answer right away.
Easy and fast. Blood took 5 mins ultrasound right after and done in 15 mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services.
Approximately $23,000 for our 2 cycle package. Then approximately $7,000 per mini ivf. Not including meds.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
A couple times my pharmacy didnt have the script i needed but that happens everywhere.
Kenosha

Considering we have a dual factor problem, he [Dr Estil Strawn] was confident that our best route would be IVF. We immediately stopped Clomid and worked towards that. It was great he was so straightforward about the idea that other drugs just for me and IUI likely wouldn't work. Saved us time and money. He also did tons of diagnostic labs which made us feel confident we were choosing the right option for us.
The clinic [Aurora Fertility Services] is a brand new facility with great amenities. Location is very convenient and the hours are very flexible. Don't do the more invasive IVF procedures there which is a downfall..quite a hike to nearest location to do so. Hopefully in the future it will be more all inclusive. Dr Strawn also moves between this location and Green Bay, so there are weeks where he isn't available in person.
How was your experience with Estil Strawn at Aurora Fertility Services?
He was very straightforward about our diagnosis, test results, and what he believed out next steps should be. At the same time, he was very open to avenues and options we wanted to investigate. He was very knowledgeable and able to answer nearly every question we had. Only complaint we have is that he doesn't do the more invasive IVF procedures where we consulted with him so we had to change reproductive endocrinologist for logistical reasons.
Do research beforehand and have questions ready! He wants to answer them.
Considering we have a dual factor problem, he was confident that our best route would be IVF. We immediately stopped Clomid and worked towards that. It was great he was so straightforward about the idea that other drugs just for me and IUI likely wouldn't work. Saved us time and money. He also did tons of diagnostic labs which made us feel confident we were choosing the right option for us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Very knowledgeable and willing to answer any and every question. You could tell some of them have gone through this experience personally which was comforting.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
The clinic is a brand new facility with great amenities. Location is very convenient and the hours are very flexible. Don't do the more invasive IVF procedures there which is a downfall..quite a hike to nearest location to do so. Hopefully in the future it will be more all inclusive. Dr Strawn also moves between this location and Green Bay, so there are weeks where he isn't available in person.
High dollar up front consultation, but it went towards my deductible. Whenever possible, they billed services as something other than "infertility so insurance would cover it.
Describe Estil Strawn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
Dr. Strawn did not seem like a big fan of double transfer, at least initially in our scenario. He said that since we were young and otherwise healthy (no hx of miscarriage), there were more potential risks. That being said, if we felt strongly about doing a double transfer, he would've been okay with it. The exception to that being of embryo testing was performed...no double transfers of known chromosonally normal embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
There was confusion regarding my transfer of providers. Communication breakdown. Nothing super serious but it made me question what I knew to be the plan.