Acupuncture is not offered

2500 W. William Cannon
Austin, TX 78745
2200 Park Bend Drive
Austin, TX 78758

We felt more like a number because he [Dr. Moghadam] just wasn't personable at all. He didn't make us feel comfortable, rushed through the meeting, and got frustrated with any questions we asked. There was definitely no warmth or sincerity from him...I think he knows what he is doing and I totally agree with his recommendations on the next steps that we should take. However, I'm going to take those recommendations to a different doctor because there is NO WAY I can work with someone like that on such an important, sensitive journey.
Nursing staff [at Austin Fertility Institute] was great! No complaints at all...They were easy to get a hold of on the telephone, easy to communicate with, kind and informative! The wait time was not an issue for us. We had a good experience with the rest of the staff...he [Dr. Moghadam] just wasn't personable at all. He didn't make us feel comfortable, rushed through the meeting, and got frustrated with any questions we asked. There was definitely no warmth or sincerity from him...I think he knows what he is doing and I totally agree with his recommendations on the next steps that we should take. However, I'm going to take those recommendations to a different doctor because there is NO WAY I can work with someone like that on such an important, sensitive journey.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
This was our first consultation with a fertility specialist as a couple. I was expecting him to be patient, kind and informative. However, I could tell within minutes of our meeting that I couldn't stand this guy and we wouldn't be back. He was extremely arrogant and defensive with ANY questions we asked. We are completely new to this and know nothing, but our questions seemed to irritate him as if we were questioning his knowledge. He was so rude and even talked over me at times. At one point, I asked about the cost of a test that he wanted to do, to which he replied, "I'm not the office manager." I accidentally asked a question that he already answered and he actually got annoyed and said, "he already answered that." When you talk a mile a minute and you're trying to process everything, it's overwhelming and easy to miss something. I think he knows what he is doing and I totally agree with his recommendations on the next steps that we should take. However, I'm going to take those recommendations to a different doctor because there is NO WAY I can work with someone like that on such an important, sensitive journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
He needs to slow down, have more patience, and show more empathy!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
We felt more like a number because he just wasn't personable at all. He didn't make us feel comfortable, rushed through the meeting, and got frustrated with any questions we asked. There was definitely no warmth or sincerity from him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
Nursing staff was great! No complaints at all.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
They were easy to get a hold of on the telephone, easy to communicate with, kind and informative! The wait time was not an issue for us. We had a good experience with the rest of the staff. Not much else to comment on.

2015, Unsuccessful
At the first appointment, he [Austin Fertility Institute] took his time but appointments there after it was in and out after very long wait times.... He was the first fertility doctor I saw and when I did 2 iuis with him, he never mentioned that my lining was thin or try to change any protocols to help with the lining. I only found out by looking at my medical records.... The long wait times sometimes an hour. He was running two locations and must have been stretched thin.
The long wait times [Austin Fertility Institute] sometimes an hour. He was running two locations and must have been stretched thin.... [Nurse] Jamie did a great job to make sure to communicate as much information and provided updates to me. She always asked me how I was doing and showed so much compassion.... $1500 for IUI medication and I don't recall the cost for the procedure as insurance covered most of it.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
To make sure you ask as many questions to ensure you are receiving the right care.
At the first appointment, he took his time but appointments there after it was in and out after very long wait times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
The long wait times sometimes an hour. He was running two locations and must have been stretched thin. The doctor should be more open about potential issues as in how important lining is for implantation. How can you move forward with two IUIs with a patient without informing them that their lining was very thin?
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute.
What specific things went wrong at Austin Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Austin Fertility Institute.
As mentioned, the doctor did two IUIs with me and did not tell me that I had thin lining which is important for implantation.
Austin Cannon Drive

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
I saw Dr. Moghadam for several cycles. The first on clomid did not induce ovulation, so he immediately encouraged me to begin injections and IUI. He finally suggested after 6 rounds of treatment I move to IVF. I got a second opinion from another doctor who wanted to try one clomid cycle at a higher dose with timed intercourse and I conceived on the first try. I have a son from that. We have tried this treatment since and I have not ovulated every time, though have not conceived. I feel if Dr. Moghadam had adjusted my medicine initially, I may have saved a lot of time and expense.
Terribly long wait times [at Austin Fertility Institute], but the doctor takes as much time with you as you need. The wait time did add additional stress to an already stressful situation due to having to take off work. I liked that Dr. Moghadam talked me through each procedure and showed me via ultrasound what was happening. I found it very reassuring.... Plan to wait at least 2 hours for appointments.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Plan to wait at least 2 hours for appointments.
Extremely long wait times, I sometimes felt like he pushed me towards more aggressive treatment that wasn’t needed.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Moghadam used in your cycles at Austin Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Clomid, Injectibles
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
Nursing staff seemed somewhat overwhelmed. I see a different doctor now and have a dedicated nurse, which I love.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Terribly long wait times, but the doctor takes as much time with you as you need. The wait time did add additional stress to an already stressful situation due to having to take off work. I liked that Dr. Moghadam talked me through each procedure and showed me via ultrasound what was happening. I found it very reassuring.
I was able to pay one set price for each cycle, rather than pay by appointment, which was nice. I believe an IUI was 1500 out of pocket, not including any medications, just visits.