Acupuncture is not offered

2500 W. William Cannon
Austin, TX 78745
2200 Park Bend Drive
Austin, TX 78758

you will have to wait to see him [Dr. Moghadam]...He always asked if we had questions and I completely trust his judgement on strategies and rationales...He remembered most details about us and was available for us one night even though he was at a concert. We didn't have the meds we needed for the night and he offered to meet us at the office to get them for the night. But, appointments are overbooked and there were times I waited 2 hours for an appointment.
IUI - $2k per cycle, about $200 for meds...IVF - $26k including meds [at Austin Fertility Institute]...The staff is very helpful and empathetic. They make every effort to get get to know you. If you call ahead, they'll tell you if his appointments are running behind. You almost always have to leave a message for the nurses, but they do return phone calls promptly. The white noise machine up North is great, the one South has lots of water sounds. North office has thin walls and the South office runs warm.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Good: I asked him to be very direct about what I needed to be doing. He was able to give clear instructions and didn't make me feel like garbage when I screwed up meds. He was very attentive every time I saw him. He was honest about IUI success rates and gave very accurate timelines. He also wears boots with scrubs sometimes and it makes me lol and calms my anxiety. Bad: Talks a little fast, sometimes I had to ask him to repeat himself several times. He was always nice enough to do that without making me feel stupid.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Be patient, you will have to wait to see him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Kenneth Moghadam used in your cycles at Austin Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Don't remember, not because he didn't go over it with me, but because I didn't want all that information in my head. I read a lot about IUI and IVF online and it scared me. Almost scared me to the point where I didn't want to go through with the treatments. He always asked if we had questions and I completely trust his judgement on strategies and rationales.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
The nurse that showed me how to take the meds forgot to give me a card on how to get a different dosage of menopur, my husband and I ended up googling and guessing on the medication for that night. I asked one of the front desk ladies about it and she said I should have received a card with instructions and she gave it to me. Luckily, my husband and I have really good Google skills. It was also that nurse that didn't give us our starter meds and Dr. M offered to meet us at the office.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute.
IUI - $2k per cycle, about $200 for meds IVF - $26k including meds
Describe Kenneth Moghadam's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Austin Fertility Institute.
We have not gotten this far in our IVF treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Austin Fertility Institute.
One of my medications was not sent to the correct pharmacy so it was not filled. The doctor rectified this by giving me samples to get started. The nurse called the next day to apologize and the prescription was immediately called in and I got what I needed the next day.

2020, Unknown Success
He’s[Dr. Kenneth Moghadam] got many accolades in his field...He is very real and I feel like he cares and he is passionate about what he does...I am still mid my first treatment with him...He sent me to get a second opinion on a blood clotting chromosomal anomaly... if he needs to abort the IUI for reason of too many eggs with the fertility drugs or no eggs with the fertility drugs he will credit you another cycle..
[nurse of Austin Fertility Institute] They are professionals as well. I like that a [nurse] is also always present in the room when the Dr. examines you... They spent time answering questions and also showing me costs and cost comparisons at the very start of the cycle...they took the time to go through [medicine applications] with me and help me understand.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
He really knows what he’s talking about and the subject. He’s got many accolades in his field. I feel probably a lot of people come with the baggage of infertility which sucks and they want some sympathy and succor which is not his job and I learned early on he’s not going to waste time on that. Dr. M is a professional and I want him to spend time dealing with the technology of fertilization not with my metal state. It’s hard sometimes to separate it out. But I do feel he has my best interest at heart.
Realize he’s a total pro and just follow his instructions.
He is very real and I feel like he cares and he is passionate about what he does, I am glad I went to him.
I am still mid my first treatment with him. I feel like he looked at my case different than others. He is taking a lot of factors into account and I think he does this on a very individual basis. He sent me to get a second opinion on a blood clotting chromosomal anomaly. That was professional and it told me a possible reason for my recurring pregnancy loss. Before he starts treatment, he usually takes and XRAY and then at the same time fixes uterine polyps but in my case he did the X-ray and first looked and saw that the other procedure was not needed. Also I like that if he needs to abort the IUI for reason of too many eggs with the fertility drugs or no eggs with the fertility drugs he will credit you another cycle. These are all very individual basis action and I am going to stick with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
They are professionals as well. I like that a girl is also always present in the room when the Dr. examines you.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
I have not experienced any weaknesses. They took the time to really explain everything to me before it was done. They spent time answering questions and also showing me costs and cost comparisons at the very start of the cycle so that was very transparent and I liked that. I thought I was running out of the folistim infections and the nurse showed me a full cartridge and I could see that I had plenty left and that it’s just a really tiny amount to begin with. But they took the time to go through it with me and help me understand. That was nice.
I covered this in another email. I compared prices and I like that he does not group it together or make “packages” like other clinics. No one is alike and so he has some breakdown pricing and that is one of the main reasons I went to him.
this is not applicable.
Austin Park Bend
He [Dr. Moghadam] listens to your needs and does his best to accommodate them. After the first consultation, we scheduled a session where he went over a presentation on what to expect for IUI/IVF etc. and gave us an itemized cost breakdown before we left... He also gives you his cell phone so you can text or call after business hours if needed- and he is prompt to respond!
[Austin Fertility Institute] Clinic is very clean, you might have longer than expected wait times as he is the only doctor there and does surgeries in the morning. All staff is welcoming and accommodating. If you call and they do not pick up, they will return your calls quickly and are very responsive...I believe it was around $11,000 for everything (meds/appts/retrieval).
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
If you are debating between fertility clinics and doctors- look no further- Dr. M is the best! I was originally a patient at one of the largest fertility clinics in Austin and after the second appointment, I was advised to schedule IVF over the phone with no explanation of the process or budget. Dr. M had very high reviews so we decided to schedule a consultation with him and what a difference the experience was. You can tell that he genuinely cares for his patients and takes true pride in his work. After the first consultation, we scheduled a session where he went over a presentation on what to expect for IUI/IVF etc. and gave us an itemized cost breakdown before we left. He also gives you his cell phone so you can text or call after business hours if needed- and he is prompt to respond! He is also very financially cognizant and I found more reasonable than our last clinic. If you aren't responding well to the medications, Dr. M may advise not to proceed finishing the cycle/egg retrieval and re-starting on another date. This isn't the case with other doctors and patients end up having to pay for the full cycle/surgery amount only having to repeat the process again which is very costly, not to mention an emotional and physical strain. He analyzes, strategizes and makes adjustments to get the best results- this is why we believe we had such success after having a very low AMH level. The office staff as well as the nurses are extremely nice and welcoming, always fast to respond to any calls or questions. You may wait a little bit for your appointment sometimes but rest-assured, it is worth it as you are getting the best care. We will be forever thankful to Dr. M and his staff for helping us make our family goals possible!
To select him as their fertility doctor!
You can tell that he genuinely cares for his patients and takes true pride in his work. He listens to your needs and does his best to accommodate them. After the first consultation, we scheduled a session where he went over a presentation on what to expect for IUI/IVF etc. and gave us an itemized cost breakdown before we left- this was not done at our previous clinic (we were just asked to schedule/pay for IVF with no information or price estimate). He also gives you his cell phone so you can text or call after business hours if needed- and he is prompt to respond!
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
I do not remember the exact cost per cycle, I believe it was around $11,000 for everything (meds/appts/retrieval).
Austin Park Bend

We are being treated with Dr K. Moghadam since 2016, we love the fact that he never changes and he is still so dedicated and so caring every time we come to see him...We did eggs retrieval, fibroid removal, frozen transfers and PGS testing with him. . As a result of all these procedures, he made our dream come true even if our case was difficult...he was also always available for us 24h if we need anything...is very honest and will tell the truth.
All the nurses [at Austin Fertility Institute] are so caring and adorable. They are always here to help at anytime and give you good advices. They do a detailed follow up when needed to update us on our lab results or any adjustments needed to our medications as per the doctor recommendation...Fibroid removal to make sure the uterus was clear before to start IVF process and increase our chances IVF protocols (GonalF, Follostin, Menopur, Ovidrel ...) to Maximize the number eggs Eggs retrieval at least 12 fertilized eggs for each retrieval PGS testing (9 normal embryos from 3 cycles) Frozen embryo transfer always to ensure a correct lining of the uterus Transfer and pregnancy follow up (progesterone oil, Prometrium, crinome, estradiol, estrogen shots)
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
There is no words to describe our gratitude to Dr. K. Moghadam. He is is the best knowledgeable, caring and patient doctor that we met in our life. We love the fact that he is so detailed oriented and follows us step by step since we started our IVF journey. We did eggs retrieval, fibroid removal, frozen transfers and PGS testing with him. . As a result of all these procedures, he made our dream come true even if our case was difficult. We got our first child with him in 2018 and now we are expecting another one for June 2020. He is the only fertility doctor that we trust and without hesitation, we highly recommend him. We love the fact he was also always available for us 24h if we need anything. We wish he can follow us until the end of the second pregnancy because we will miss him son much. To any patients struggling to build a family, please do not waste your time with another fertility doctor, do not hesitate to consult with Dr K. Moghadam. He is the sweetest and an awesome doctor that it’s hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Dr K. Moghadam is very honest and will tell the truth. He is the doctor and the expert in fertility, just follow his advices. In our case, it required a lot of patience but he supported us during all the process. At the end, the most important is the result. Sometimes, you need to wait, we don’t mind at all because it shows how Dr K. Moghadam takes his time with each patient so we totally understand. At least, we know that we are not treated like a number and always receive the best care and attention from him.
This is the best human doctor we met since we start our journey with IVF 5 years ago. Before to come to see Dr. K. Moghadam we were with another fertility clinic where we were treated really like a number and there were no warm approach. We are so happy that we met Dr K Moghadam, he was so caring with us since the beginning. We consider Austin fertility Institute like a second family for us. Dr K. Moghadam and the nurses are so welcoming and so patient. The only regret, we wish we came to see Dr Moghadam before and not lost our time with another fertility clinic in the past. We are being treated with Dr K. Moghadam since 2016, we love the fact that he never changes and he is still so dedicated and so caring every time we come to see him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jamie, Amy and some others one if needed )
All the nurses are so caring and adorable. They are always here to help at anytime and give you good advices. They do a detailed follow up when needed to update us on our lab results or any adjustments needed to our medications as per the doctor recommendation.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
All Nurses are so welcoming, patient, knowledgeable and caring. Since the beginning, we always have a good experience with them.. Jamie and Amy followed us since 2016, they are so sweet. We also appreciate all the other nurses, they are also very responsive for any questions requested. All nurses are well trained and always welcome you with a lovely smile. We absolutely love them all
Around 75K including 3 eggs retrievals, medications, frozen transfers, 2 PGS testing, pregnancy follow up, labs. A mix of self pay and insurance.
At the beginning, we tried 2 embryos transfer that ended up with a vanishing twins and a c-section for the first child. For the second one, we decided to transfer a single embryo to avoid any pregnancy complication due to some possible C-section effects as recommend by Dr K. Moghadam and we totally agree with him and it still resulted as a positive pregnancy.
Austin Park Bend
We only had 1 embryo that passed PGD testing for an autosomal dominant disorder so we didn’t have the option to transfer more than 1 [with Dr. Moghadam]...is the best at treating his patients like humans rather than numbers! His biggest strength is patient care. We could tell that he really did care about us...is thorough, confident, and really takes the time to know and understand your situation. I think he keeps his practice more boutique like so he really can know and care for everyone who walks through the door. He is very skilled from a surgical perspective as well.
The nursing staff [at Austin Fertility Institute] is well trained and really nice to work with. They were always able to answer my many questions patiently and compassionately...Strengths- compassionate, attention to detail, patient centered care, excellent medical expertise, organized office manager, strong communication from [Dr. Moghadam] and nurses Remember, sometimes you have to wait but Dr. M is well worth the wait!
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Moghadam is thorough, confident, and really takes the time to know and understand your situation. I think he keeps his practice more boutique like so he really can know and care for everyone who walks through the door. He is very skilled from a surgical perspective as well.
Sometimes you have to wait. This didn’t bother us too much because we knew we would get his full attention and a thoughtful conversation when we saw him. I would much rather wait than be rushed out the door and leaving with questions- this was never the case with Dr. M.
Dr. M is the best at treating his patients like humans rather than numbers! His biggest strength is patient care. We could tell that he really did care about us.
Antagonist protocol (gonal-f and menapur), Human Growth Hormone (HGH)- he decided on this protocol as it would be the least risky for me and would fit our timeline.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is well trained and really nice to work with. They were always able to answer my many questions patiently and compassionately.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Strengths- compassionate, attention to detail, patient centered care, excellent medical expertise, organized office manager, strong communication from Dr. M and nurses Remember, sometimes you have to wait but Dr. M is well worth the wait!
From what I remember, an IVF cycle NOT covered by insurance is a little over 20,000 (including PGS and PGD insurance).
We only had 1 embryo that passed PGD testing for an autosomal dominant disorder so we didn’t have the option to transfer more than 1.

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Moghadam is a great doctor who really cares about you as a patient. He makes sure that you fully understand everything and makes sure to answer all questions. He is very honest in his words and makes you feel like he is giving it his best shot, without giving you any sort of false hope. He doesn't sugarcoat things, but he does make you feel at ease about the decisions that are being made.
The clinic [Austin Fertility Institute] is busy, which means that you are likely to wait 30 to 45 minutes past your appointment time. This is important to know because it can be stressful at times when you are having to take off of work to go to appointments. However, once you are seen, you never feel like you are being rushed out because they are behind. I believe that the lateness is a weakness, but it could also be seen as a strength because it makes you realize that they take as much time for each patient, even if that means they run behind.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Know that his office is very busy and you will have to wait, but he will give you the time when it is your turn. He is open to answer any and all questions, so have a list of questions ready for him.
Dr. Moghadam and his team were always very welcoming and acted like they remembered you. They took their time during each appointment to make sure that all of the questions got answered and things were clearly explained.
I do not remember details on the cycles and rationales for using them. I will say, I did not end up getting to do a fresh transfer after my retrieval because my progesterone numbers were getting too high. I did a long lupron FET and it resulted in a live birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff were all very helpful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
The clinic is busy, which means that you are likely to wait 30 to 45 minutes past your appointment time. This is important to know because it can be stressful at times when you are having to take off of work to go to appointments. However, once you are seen, you never feel like you are being rushed out because they are behind. I believe that the lateness is a weakness, but it could also be seen as a strength because it makes you realize that they take as much time for each patient, even if that means they run behind.
The cost was around $12,000 for an egg retrieval and transfer. $3750 to the doctor for monitoring and transfer and $8200 for the retrieval (lab fee, anesthesia fee, and surgery fee). The cost of the FET was $3250. $1500 to the doctor to monitoring and transfer and $1750 to the lab and facility for transfer.
Dr. Moghadam suggested a single embryo transfer because of the quality of my embryos and the fact that a single pregnancy is safer than a twin pregnancy. We decided that after two failed transfers with a prior doctor where we transferred two embryos each time, that we wanted to transfer multiple embryos. Dr. Moghadam took our concerns into account and we transferred two, against his advice.
Austin Park Bend

Dr. Crawford was the best doctor I have seen since being diagnosed with PCOS at age 21. At this stage in my life of trying to become a mother, finding a doctor who would be understanding, yet honest, was most important. She explained every option for conception and even drew out the process on pieces of paper so we had a visual!... When I was diagnosed with DVT in the emergency room she was my advocate. She made me feel like I had someone in my corner the whole time and I will never be able to make her know how amazing that feels.
The clinic [Austin Fertility Institute] is excellent. It’s small so you don’t feel overwhelmed and the staff make it personable. Never any long wait times and minimal paperwork. They are very accommodating to your schedule with appointments and make it easy to be seen.... The absolute best team of nurses I’ve ever met in an office. They know you by name and somehow they all keep up with your journey. They are all trained to do so many things to help out with your care.
How was your experience with Natalie Crawford at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Crawford was the best doctor I have seen since being diagnosed with PCOS at age 21. At this stage in my life of trying to become a mother, finding a doctor who would be understanding, yet honest, was most important. She explained every option for conception and even drew out the process on pieces of paper so we had a visual! At every visit she explained what was happening and didn’t rush me out of the office to get to her next patients. When I was diagnosed with DVT in the emergency room she was my advocate. She made me feel like I had someone in my corner the whole time and I will never be able to make her know how amazing that feels. Her bedside manner is unmatched and she truly connects with her patients on a level that can’t be taught in any medical institution.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Crawford at Austin Fertility Institute?
Don’t be afraid to talk to her. Be honest. She is not a doctor who can’t handle tears and crying. She is straight forward but comforting in every step of your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Crawford at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Crawford is a very patient centered physician. Her calm tone of voice as well as her thorough, yet simple, explanation of every step of the process made it easy for us to understand what was going to happen. She was quick to respond to questions without making me feel like a bother.
Describe the protocols Natalie Crawford used in your cycles at Austin Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After my consult, she recommended that we go straight to IVF. This was because of my PCOS diagnosis and also because of my husband’s sperm analysis. We did hormone injections to produce follicles followed by egg retrieval, which produced 30 eggs. We did ICSI, which resulted in 18 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
The absolute best team of nurses I’ve ever met in an office. They know you by name and somehow they all keep up with your journey. They are all trained to do so many things to help out with your care. They are available for questions and can answer them all. They, just like Dr. Crawford, are soneasy to talk to. On my last visit I cried because I was going to miss the staff of nurses just as much as my doctor.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
The clinic is excellent. It’s small so you don’t feel overwhelmed and the staff make it personable. Never any long wait times and minimal paperwork. They are very accommodating to your schedule with appointments and make it easy to be seen. No weaknesses to report.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Austin Fertility Institute.
It was very easy to go in for monitoring. They did the appointments in the morning so it was convenient for me and my hectic work schedule. Visits were quick, usually in and out in about an hour. Never long waits or waiting room full of patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Crawford at Austin Fertility Institute.
$35 copay every visit
Austin Park Bend

[Dr. Moghadam's] strategy was quality over quantity of eggs and it worked. One round I only got 5 eggs and all 5 matured to viable embryos! One of those embryos became my precious little baby I have now! He uses multiple forms of progesterone and estrogen including IM injections and patches...I ask a lot of questions and have a lot of opinions and he never made me feel like a burden. Quite the opposite actually...He was honest about my chances all the way through but never gave up on me and never made me feel like I wasn't worth
The clinic [Austin Fertility Institute] has a very nice feel to it. It's welcoming and always the right temperature. There's always music playing in the waiting room. There aren't any frills but it's quite comfortable...They [nurses] are so compassionate in everything they do. Every time they would call with a test result they were very aware of the emotional implications of their call and would adjust accordingly...there will be a wait to see him but he is always on time when it matters like an egg retrieval. Regular appointments he will probably be running late but he is 100% worth the wait!
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Moghadam goes above and beyond to ensure you have the best chance of success. I had to come in and see him on Easter Sunday last year and I was the only patient but he was there! He wanted to be sure my eggs were ready to trigger and they weren't the day before. I trusted his judgment completely! He was honest about my chances all the way through but never gave up on me and never made me feel like I wasn't worth his time. He was completely straightforward with me which is what I needed. He does not sugar coat anything but presents everything in a compassionate way. More than once he did my procedure even though it was his partner doctor's weekend because he knew I didn't trust her the same. I would send every one of my friends to see him if they needed fertility help.
Be patient. There will be a wait to see him but he is always on time when it matters like an egg retrieval. Regular appointments he will probably be running late but he is 100% worth the wait!
Dr. Moghadam was amazing with me from the beginning. I am not always easy to deal with. I ask a lot of questions and have a lot of opinions and he never made me feel like a burden. Quite the opposite actually. Everyone in the office knew me by name and was a huge support system through the whole process.
I don't remember the protocols he used. His strategy was quality over quantity of eggs and it worked. One round I only got 5 eggs and all 5 matured to viable embryos! One of those embryos became my precious little baby I have now! He uses multiple forms of progesterone and estrogen including IM injections and patches.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
They are so compassionate in everything they do. Every time they would call with a test result they were very aware of the emotional implications of their call and would adjust accordingly.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
The clinic has a very nice feel to it. It's welcoming and always the right temperature. There's always music playing in the waiting room. There aren't any frills but it's quite comfortable. The elevator is the slowest elevator I've ever used but that isn't exactly the clinic.
Austin Park Bend
He [Dr. Moghadam] was very to the point, at first I wasn't sure how to take his personality, but he knew exactly what he was doing, and as time went on we got to know him better and he was very compassionate. He did a consultation with every appointment which was nice and he always communicated with a schedule what was expected each cycle. ... We decided to do an aggressive approach since my husband was deploying.
This clinic [Austin Fertility Institute] is very organized and on top of everything. ... When I first start going I got frustrated with wait times which seemed crazy. An hour or two just for a monitor, but then when summer came and I got morning appointments there was no wait. It is so long in the afternoon, bc Dr. M and his staff work with peoples schedules to make this process easier. Mornings I was in and out in 20 minutes. ... The nursing staff was absolutely amazing. Everyone on staff was sweet and caring
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
He was very to the point, at first I wasn't sure how to take his personality, but he knew exactly what he was doing, and as time went on we got to know him better and he was very compassionate. He did a consultation with every appointment which was nice and he always communicated with a schedule what was expected each cycle.
Just to not worry so much about if things are running late and do not let it stress you out.
He knew my husband and I by name, always remembered our information and different things going on in our lives.
When we came to Dr. Moghadam we had tried 5 cycles of clomid with no luck. We decided to do an aggressive approach since my husband was deploying. We tested one month, then Medicated IUI with follistim, letrozole, and trigger. The next month we did IUI again and upped the dose of follistim, then took a month off did HSG, saw polyp, did Hysteroscopy then IUI and got pregnant. Unfortunately resulted in an ectopic pregnancy but it was successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff was absolutely amazing. Everyone on staff was sweet and caring. I taught an hour away and they would work with my schedule and let me come after my work day was over. Even after moving to Alaska that continued to call and check on me.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
This clinic is very organized and on top of everything. I would recommend them to anyone. When I first start going I got frustrated with wait times which seemed crazy. An hour or two just for a monitor, but then when summer came and I got morning appointments there was no wait. It is so long in the afternoon, bc Dr. M and his staff work with peoples schedules to make this process easier. Mornings I was in and out in 20 minutes.
My husband is military and Dr. M gave us 50% off every treatment, we had a cycle result with only 1 egg so he cancelled that cycle to not waste our money.
Austin Park Bend
Dr. Moghadam is very proactive. He likes to put a plan in place and get you started on your course of treatment. That works very well with my personality. He can sometimes talk a little fast and doesn't like to be interrupted. I think once he understands you're overwhelmed with everything being thrown at you he can be more compassionate. He is very easy going and straight forward.
The biggest strength of the clinic [Austin Fertility Institute-Ausitn Park Bend] is how proactive they are. I love that i see my Dr. at every visit and we have a plan moving forward. I don't ever feel confused living the clinic, I always feel confident in my course of action. The biggest weakness is definitely the long wait times. I've waited up to 90 minutes before. I wish they could schedule things out so that there aren't such long waits.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
I would tell an prospective patient to come prepared with questions. He can go over everything quite quickly and might miss something you were hoping to learn more about.
I really like that at every appointment I am able to see Dr. Moghadam. He is very involved in my care and seems genuinely happy to see me at every visit. Sometimes the appointments can feel more rushed than I would like. I do ask a lot of questions and can take up more time, but he does try his best to answer all of my questions.
I have done 2 complete round of treatment with Dr. Moghadam and I am about to start my first round of IVF. The first round we did was straight after a miscarriage so we were very hopeful that we would get pregnant with minimal help. We did a timed intercourse cycle with injectables. The next cycle we agreed to do an IUI, but it was canceled because on cycle day 6 i had a 21mm follicle. The third cycle we did and IUI that did not result in a pregnancy. We knew my tubes were not in perfect condition, not entirely blocked but still not idea. We decided that IVF would be the best course of action.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
I love the nurses, specifically at the South location. I see Jamie at every visit. She is just full of compassion and she is the best ultra sound tech I have ever had in my life. She is so gentle and explains everything I'm looking at on the screen.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
The biggest strength of the clinic is how proactive they are. I love that i see my Dr. at every visit and we have a plan moving forward. I don't ever feel confused living the clinic, I always feel confident in my course of action. The biggest weakness is definitely the long wait times. I've waited up to 90 minutes before. I wish they could schedule things out so that there aren't such long waits.
Timed intercourse round is $1000, not including meds. IUI is $1500 not including meds the second IUI would have only been $875 IVF is $17,500 not including meds
Dr. Moghadam will not transfer more than 1 genetically tested normal embryo in a patient younger than 35. If the embryos have not been genetically tested he still prefers a single embryo transfer, but is willing to hear the patient out.
Austin Park Bend

He [Dr. Moghadam] tells it like it is. He's compassionate without being unrealistic or condescending. I like his bedside manner a lot. He's not the type to sugar coat things or sit and hold your hand, but not everyone wants or needs that type of doctor. However, he will make sure you have answers to all your questions and explains each step... He used oral and injectable medications right away. When I questioned this, he said his experience showed a better outcome and gave me specific examples of how my case fit this protocol.
Everyone in the office [AFI] is caring. They use your name, know your history, and treat you like a person. They always spend time with you each appointment...provided a price list (cash patient pricing) at my first visit for Timed Intercourse and IUI cycles ($500-$1500 depending on type of medication used and TI vs IUI) ... [nursing staff] They are all very sweet, caring, and helpful. They know you and remember details to make it seem more personal...
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
He tells it like it is. He's compassionate without being unrealistic or condescending. I like his bedside manner a lot. He's not the type to sugar coat things or sit and hold your hand, but not everyone wants or needs that type of doctor. However, he will make sure you have answers to all your questions and explains each step.
Wait times are extensive, but when it is your turn, the care you receive somehow makes you forget the wait. Go into it open and willing to listen to options. However, don't feel like you need to do something you are not interested or comfortable doing.
Everyone in the office is caring. They use your name, know your history, and treat you like a person. They always spend time with you each appointment.
ur priority was to get me ovulating. He used oral and injectable medications right away. When I questioned this, he said his experience showed a better outcome and gave me specific examples of how my case fit this protocol. He had "criteria" he explained about number of spontaneous ovulations in a year dictating if oral vs oral + injectable meds worked best. After 4 rounds of this with a surgery in the middle (adhesions were found), we decided to take a break from treatments. We were not ready to go to IVF and that was his recommendation. He said further IUIs would not be worth the cost for our situation because I was responding to the medications beautifully but still not conceiving. A few weeks later, I had a spontaneous pregnancy that ended up being in my tube. He treated me (doing betas, early ultrasound, basically treating me like I was still his patient even though I had technically said goodbye to him the month before). At this point I got the push I needed to pursue IVF. He provided details about our expected outcome of IVF stimulation - estimating the number of eggs. I appreciated that he said he gives each patient a personalized "low number" that he likes to see before he cancels a cycle. He detailed the lab side of things talking about when we would receive updates and what details would be provided. We discussed the benefits and negatives of doing a Freeze All vs a Fresh cycle. We chose a freeze all and it was a good choice for us because I responded well to the meds and would have been at risk for overstimulation otherwise. He provided a recommendation and fairly detailed reasons why when we were trying to determine if we should transfer 1 vs 2. For my FET, it was a long prep time. That is always a bummer to have MORE waiting after so long, but Dr M explained it all. Because of the crazy high hormone levels post-retrieval, I needed Lupron and birth control pills for a month or so. We started estrogen supplements and all seemed to go well, but then my body messed up and my lining was not good enough to transfer. We had to cancel and Dr. M promised me we'd get it right next go. He got me back on board really quick (we only lost 3 weeks) and added in IM estrogen shots because my body was metabolizing the oral estrogen too quick he said. He gave me a choice of progesterone options and we chose a combination of PIO and Crinone. He said he really liked this combo and had great results with it, but PIO alone was a cost effective solution. (He was sensitive to our finances in understanding we could not do all crinone due to cost). Our first transfer was a success.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
ave not been to other clinic(s) in town so I can't really speak towards comparison, but I chose Dr. M and AFI because of the individualized attention and treatment plan. I also picked him because he was ready to get me started immediately and did not make me go through a bunch of hoops to become a patient. For something so personal as fertility treatments to build your family, you need to be comfortable with the doctor and nurses. You WILL spend a lot of time with them and put a great deal of trust in them. I have always felt very comfortable and well taken care of here.
e provided a price list (cash patient pricing) at my first visit for Timed Intercourse and IUI cycles ($500-$1500 depending on type of medication used and TI vs IUI) He provided a list of costs for IVF at my IVF consult appointment. ($10-12K depending on fresh vs frozen - FETs around $3K)
He used my age, the lab results, and finances to propose a recommendation for # of embyros to transfer. He said between my age and the lab results he really did not have a strong preference or suggestion. At nearly 36, he said two made a lot of sense (not genetic tested). Because our embryos looked so great in the lab and we had extras frozen, he said we should start with 1. Finally he did mention costs and if doing a 2nd transfer would be a large burden we should go with 2 as long as we were open to twins. After all that information he said his "soft recommendation" would be a single transfer, but he had no hesitations or judgement if we chose 2. (we did choose 2)
Austin Park Bend

Dr. Crawford is so incredibly compassionate, especially when delivering bad news. You could tell that it was difficult for her to even have to give us the bad news, but she answered every question we possibly could have had and was available via email....She welcomed our input even when it came to treatment protocols. For example, I responded very poorly to lupron and had a lot of side effects ... I felt hesitant to even discuss that I did not want to do another lupron cycle, but when I expressed my hesitation she agreed.
Loved all of the nurses at AFI. Just like Dr. Crawford, they were knowledgeable and compassionate. The only downside was the difficulty in reaching them via phone because it is such a busy practice....Would have been nice to meet with a financial coordinator to walk us through the costs of IVF and how insurance related to our out of pocket costs....Loved that the lab was in house and they would even be able to run the labs on the weekends.
How was your experience with Natalie Crawford at Austin Fertility Institute?
She was extremely knowledgeable and could provide evidence behind almost everything as it related to IVF. I could not have asked for a better doctor to guide us through our first few cycles of IVF. She welcomed our input even when it came to treatment protocols. For example, I responded very poorly to lupron and had a lot of side effects ... I felt hesitant to even discuss that I did not want to do another lupron cycle, but when I expressed my hesitation she agreed. She was always upbeat and positive, but also realistic. After our first egg retrieval ended with only 1 embryo, we changed strategies from embryo banking to just trying to have 1 baby. I'm glad we were all on the same page the whole way through.
Ask her any questions that you may have, because her answers are based on extensive knowledge and will make you feel more at ease.
First was antagonist protocol with gonalF, menopur, ganirelex and ovidrel trigger. Made it to egg retrieval with 6 eggs retrieved, only 1 embryo (PGS abnormal). Due to concern that maybe the follicles were growing quickly and weren't used to the stimulation, OCP and lupron was added the 2nd cycle (started at 10 units, then tapered to 5). Also added HGH for possibly an increase in number of follicles. Had horrible side effects to lupron ... would feel feverish, chills, aches. There was only 1 dominant follicle so we did IUI that failed. 3rd cycle was the normal antagonist protocol with HGH. Follicles did not respond to medication at all and that cycle was cancelled.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Would have been nice to meet with a financial coordinator to walk us through the costs of IVF and how insurance related to our out of pocket costs. The lady who handles their insurance told us at our last visit that we needed to pay several thousand dollars out of pocket because our insurance benefits had run out, but we told her that we had an HRA and we also had a credit... and then she confirmed that (but only after we mentioned it). Loved that the lab was in house and they would even be able to run the labs on the weekends.
From what I can recall, each ultrasound monitoring appointment was around 180 (based on the contracted rate with my insurance), which was approx $1000 in the first cycle. The surgical center costs were the bulk of what we had to pay out of pocket. It was approximately $4000 for the egg retrieval/lab and $4000 for PGS testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Austin Fertility Institute.
Lupron was automatically ordered even though it was not what was going to be used for the next cycle.
2017, Unknown Success
I first started birth control [with Dr. Moghadam] and then the Antagonist Protocol. I took 75 menopur, and 375 Gonal F. The bcp over suppressed me, and we had to cancel that cycle on Day6. The next cycle, we left out the birth control pills and it was smooth sailing all the way. My prescription was the same, but this tine I showed ten good follicles, one was pretty dominant. The dominant follicle would have to be sacrificed, because the others were all pretty synchronized. We added Cetrotide to prevent ovulation and allow the others to grow. I ended up with 11 eggs, nine mature, nine fertilized normally.
They [the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute] are all the sweetest ladies in the world. They treat you like family, and remember your name. My faves are Lisa, Priscilla, and Michelle.... I never felt like a number here, but the waiting was annoying. The doctor was late to every appointment.... In the beginning, I had someone advise me not to come in to my baseline appt. She said that I wouldn't be able to move forward with my IVF cycle due to low vitamin D levels. This was wrong; my spouse ended up calling the doctor on his cell phone and we proceeded with treatment.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
I felt that he was very honest, but also a pessimist. My IVF outcome was better than he predicted. Dr M mentioned cancelling my cycle again, but it turned out to be a great cycle. The doctor definitely knows what he is doing, and I would absolutely trust him with another IVF cycle, if necessary.
Be patient and trust him. He gives his patients one on one attention, therefore the waits are usually long.
I first started birth control and then the Antagonist Protocol. I took 75 menopur, and 375 Gonal F. The bcp over suppressed me, and we had to cancel that cycle on Day6. The next cycle, we left out the birth control pills and it was smooth sailing all the way. My prescription was the same, but this tine I showed ten good follicles, one was pretty dominant. The dominant follicle would have to be sacrificed, because the others were all pretty synchronized. We added Cetrotide to prevent ovulation and allow the others to grow. I ended up with 11 eggs, nine mature, nine fertilized normally. I'm very happy with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa was sweet, Michelle & Priscilla, too)
They are all the sweetest ladies in the world. They treat you like family, and remember your name. My faves are Lisa, Priscilla, and Michelle.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
The only weakness is the long wait times. Their strengths are the personalized treatment and care. When your turn comes, you'll feel like the only patient they have.
I have fertility insurance, so I can't answer.
No comment here
Austin Park Bend
She [Dr. Crawford] is incredibly knowledgable, up to date in the latest research/technology/procedures, personable, and upbeat without giving a false sense of hope...Dr. Crawford remembered exactly who we were each time we saw her...I ended up being one of the "lucky" folks to suffer from severe OHSS (even though my #s did not indicate I would be at risk), and she did not rest until I was feeling better, including communicating with me at 6am.
Scheduling appointments [at Austin Fertility Institute] and billing were super easy. Never felt like I was being upsold. The clinic they partner with is just next door and the team there was equally amazing, compassionate, and kind...[nurses] Incredibly friendly. Sometimes the blood draw was more painful than how I've experienced it elsewhere, but the folks were very friendly and the convenience was worth it. Calls were always returned within 24 hours, paperwork requested for financial assistance filled out in a timely manner, questions pleasantly answered.
How was your experience with Natalie Crawford at Austin Fertility Institute?
She is incredibly knowledgable, up to date in the latest research/technology/procedures, personable, and upbeat without giving a false sense of hope. Please see my comments under why I felt like a human for more specific examples.
Trust her. I didn't want to have the saline sonogram that she recommended because I had recently had an HSG performed elsewhere. While she was willing to work with me for 1 cycle without doing the sonogram as I was concerned about costs, I ultimately decided to trust her. Very glad I did as we found 2 uterine polyps that the HSG had not detected.
Dr. Crawford remembered exactly who we were each time we saw her - including what my career is and the fact that it might mean needing to schedule appointments at very specific times. She greeted us with a smile every time we saw her except for the times when we it was more appropriate to greet us with compassion during a difficult time in our treatment. I ended up being one of the "lucky" folks to suffer from severe OHSS (even though my #s did not indicate I would be at risk), and she did not rest until I was feeling better, including communicating with me at 6am. We always came in with a list of questions which were pleasantly answered, and yet Dr. Crawford managed to schedule her appointments with enough time inbetween to be respectful of our other time commitments - I rarely waited more than 15 minutes to be seen. They built their practice to recognize people have lives outside of this endeavor, making it possible to have blood drawn at their office rather than running around town. In addition to Dr. Crawford's incredible bedside manner, her support team was equally up to the task, answering questions with a pleasant demeanor, recognizing my severe needle anxiety and walking me through administrating it without judgment.
I forget the name of the protocol, but it included starting with birth control, then using Gonal F and menopur, later adding ganirelix, and using ovidrel as a trigger. This had to do with the fact that I ovulated regularly and she thought this would produce the highest quantity of eggs within a safe range. We ended up with 18 eggs harvested, 18 embryos being fertilized with ICSI, with 9 of them making it to day 5/6. We did a freeze all because even though my estrogen was below 3000, I still developed severe OHSS. We then elected to do a SET starting with Estrogen pill and patch and progesterone pill and crinone, switching to PIO after my progesterone levels were borderline (she likes them higher for IVF patients than what one might see if one conceived the old fashioned way to lower the risk of miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Scheduling appointments and billing were super easy. Never felt like I was being upsold. The clinic they partner with is just next door and the team there was equally amazing, compassionate, and kind. We are incredibly grateful to the team at Viviere for how we were treated during my OHSS episode.
Procedures and Physician Fees: Follicle Monitoring- $1500, Oocyte Aspiration- $1500, Embryo Transfer- $750. ICSI included. Storage for first year included; $500 year after that. Vivere Health: Lab fee- $5250, Anesthesia fee- $500, Oocyte Retrieval- $1250, Embryo Transfer- $1250 Frozen Embryo Transfer- Ultrasounds and labs- $750, Embryo Transfer- $750 Austin Fertility Lab fee- $500 Facility Fees- $1250 Meds were approximately $6k for retrieval cycle and approximately $2k for FET.
Describe Natalie Crawford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Austin Fertility Institute.
She didn't seem to have a strong preference; she explained the statistical likelihood of different outcomes. We felt fairly strongly about only transferring 1 embryo given my age, size, and the statistics she presented to us.
Austin Park Bend
He [Dr. Moghadam] is less accommodating about questions that do not exactly confirm his line of thinking. Examples: the question of when to inject sperm after the trigger in IUI. He says it doesn't matter, Cochrane review says the evidence is poor to asses the issue. He almost took offense with me when I mentioned that. I don't mean to be a nosy, know-all patient, but I have too many friends that are medical doctors to know that lots of issues are not as straightforward as some of them are trying to present them.
[Austin Fertility Institute has] too many patients, too large of a waiting time. The staff is nice, professional and accommodating most of the time. Things may have changed as they have another doctor on staff, and I hope this doesn't mean they just took on more patients...the clinic wanted me to buy my IVF medicine before the teaching session. So I was supposed to shell out thousands of dollars for medicine and don't have a clue what is it for and if the amounts are appropriate. They should reverse the order of that.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
He is very competent and uses a straightforward language to describe his thought process. He is less accommodating about questions that do not exactly confirm his line of thinking. Examples: the question of when to inject sperm after the trigger in IUI. He says it doesn't matter, Cochrane review says the evidence is poor to asses the issue. He almost took offense with me when I mentioned that. I don't mean to be a nosy, know-all patient, but I have too many friends that are medical doctors to know that lots of issues are not as straightforward as some of them are trying to present them.
Bring your laptop and work in his office while waiting if you can. Be persistent in asking questions and don't take his reluctance to address ambiguities personally.
His clinic is impossibly busy. Wait periods are anywhere from 30mins to two hours.
He used Femara + Folistin+Ovidrel for trigger for IUI. I did 4 IUI's with him. Number of mature eggs were 6-2-3-4 I had chemical pregnancy in my third try and pregnancy (and live birth) in my fourth try. For IVF, he used Femara + Folistin+ Menopure + Lupron for trigger. I had 18 eggs extracted, 13 were mature, 6 embryos survived to be PGS-ed, none of them was valid (all were aneuploid) He adjusted the dose once during my second IUI - that resulted in only two mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
Weakness is the overall weakness of the clinic : too many patients in one day. No level of organization can handle that volume. Another thing the annoyed me: the clinic wanted me to buy my IVF medicine before the teaching session. So I was supposed to shell out thousands of dollars for medicine and don't have a clue what is it for and if the amounts are appropriate. They should reverse the order of that.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Same as the nursing staff and doctor: too many patients, too large of a waiting time. The staff is nice, professional and accommodating most of the time. Things may have changed as they have another doctor on staff, and I hope this doesn't mean they just took on more patients.
$1500 per IUI, I don't remember exactly his fee for IVF. With failed IVF, I got two free IUI's.

2015, Unknown Success
The office is quite busy, taking that into consideration I do feel I am known as a patient and there is specific focus on me and my case... The cost of being treated as a human, is all other patients are as well so there have been multiple occasions where the visits run long, which can put a time lag for other appointments.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
I am still in the beginning stages of our treatment. Up until now, I feel he is extremely knowledgeable and truly is passionate about his field. He has been very educative on anything we were not clear on, taking other ways to provide clarity. The alternative would be a Dr. who would make a patient feel as if there was no need to explain since they likely wouldn't understand anyway. He is willing to explain something in as many ways necessary to bring you up to speed, as well as to ease any concerns, even if he has stated he isn't concerned with a particular issue for your case. He doesn't appear to hold anything back, which I think is great. For some he may seem too blunt, but really with an issue such as infertility there is no better way to get to the root of what treatment will be best and why. It's possible you may wait longer than you'd like for your appointment, but again he takes his time with whoever he is currently treating so that is a given and you are afforded the same. He has stayed as late as almost 8pm on a Fri evening just educating and answering questions for us. He has also provided direct access to him for anything outside of normal business hours should we need to reach him.
Understand that it's about your fertility, you have options and need understanding. He can provide that, and should. Don't expect an overly compassionate personality, he is an expert and is driven by data and how he can move forward. Expect appointments to run late, but know you won't be rushed either.
The office is quite busy, taking that into consideration I do feel I am known as a patient and there is specific focus on me and my case at anytime with the Dr. He is able to recall previous visits and concerns and readdress them or casually comment on something unrelated to our visit that we share in common. The care team has always been attentive and truly seem to want to see this succeed as well. The cost of being treated as a human, is all other patients are as well so there have been multiple occasions where the visits run long, which can put a time lag for other appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
They seem to remember who I am and will always reiterate or further explain anything i need help remembering. They make the experience hospitable and are compassionate.

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Moghadam] cared for us, he worked payment plans out. He gave us extra medicine. He took time to help me understand what was happening and gave me hope. ... I went through different test, had polyps removed and my tibal litegation. ... When I knew I had to have my tubes removed, I was scared and nervous but he assured me it was for the best in achieving our goals. ...
It [Austin Fertility Institute] was overcrowded and wait times were very long. ... Need a bigger lobby. ... I believe ime organization is the only weakness that the facility had. ... I waited sometimes up to two hours in the waiting room. The doc is cery detailed so scheduling to that would help the wait time and the over crowdness in the waiting room. ... The nurses were so caring theoughout the whole process.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
He was loving and caring. When we first sat down in our consultation, we were given details of what was about to happen. When I knew I had to have my tubes removed, I was scared and nervous but he assured me it was for the best in achieving our goals. I needed a straight to the point realistic person and he gave that to me. Not only was facts given but his caring side kicked in. He worked with us on payments and made sure it wasnt only about money. We were helped out theough medicine and I cannot thank this doctor enough for caring so much.
Be prepared to be told the truth and accept it. Know that he means the best!
He cared for us, he worked payment plans out. He gave us extra medicine. He took time to help me understand what was happening and gave me hope.
I went through different test, had polyps removed and my tibal litegation. Then we prepped for egg retrieval, that went very smoothly. We had 8 embryos make it to the proper stage. We did a fresh transfer the first round and it did not work. We then did a second transfer this time frozen, it worked but we miscarried. Having problems with progesterone shot. 3rd round we did blood thinners with progesterone shot with progesterone pills. I had a pregannacy with twins and delivered them at 26 weeks. Completley healthy girls
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nurses were so caring theoughout the whole process. We became friends with majority of all of them. They hugged me when I needed one, they smiled when I needed one and they were always a good sidekick to the doc.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Need a bigger lobby. It was overcrowded and wait times were very long. I believe ime organization is the only weakness that the facility had. I know the docs were stretched between two locations and that may have been the downfall. I waited sometimes up to two hours in the waiting room. The doc is cery detailed so scheduling to that would help the wait time and the over crowdness in the waiting room.
The first cycle was about 15,000 not including medicines and then 1500 each transfer after that not including medicine.
When we did the fresh he recommended only one since multiples is a mkre difficult pregancy for some. The cycles after he suggested two embryos.
Austin Park Bend

He [Dr. Kenneth Moghadam] knows your name and case and willing to give his time to answer any questions I might have...He tends to speak really fast but he will slow down and try to understand/answer your questions. Good bedside manners and personable. He is really busy so be understanding that sometime you’ll have to wait awhile...I did natural IUI with trigger shot due to my anatomy. I had unsuccessful 2 IUIs and trying the third and last IUI when I’m ovulating on the dominant side...ordered a blood test and the result didn’t make it back to the clinic and nobody follow up until I asked about it 2 months later.
The nursing staff [at Austin Fertility Institute] is really friendly, compassionate and understanding. Always feel welcome...Dr. ordered a blood test and the result didn’t make it back to the clinic and nobody follow up until I asked about it 2 months later. The nurse did track down the result within the same day and called to inform about the result...Natural IUI 750 dollars plus the cost of trigger short of 160 dollars...They try to accommodate you as best as they can but sometimes you’ll wait for along time to be seen. Be patience and bring work if you need to. The staffs make a point to remember your name and understand what you are going through.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
He tends to speak really fast but he will slow down and try to understand/answer your questions. Good bedside manners and personable. He is really busy so be understanding that sometime you’ll have to wait awhile. The clinic doesn’t make you feel awkward if you cry.
Be patience. He is busy but that’s because he gives time to all the patients that needed extra attention.
He knows your name and case and willing to give his time to answer any questions I might have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jamie )
The nursing staff is really friendly, compassionate and understanding. Always feel welcome.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Natural IUI 750 dollars plus the cost of trigger short of 160 dollars.
None
Austin Park Bend

Dr. M [Moghadam] thoroughly explained everything every step of the way. From consultation to IuI he was there for us and made sure we knew what was happening. During my actual iui procedure he even reassured my worries that I had already ovulated by having the nurse show me that I hadn’t. He remembers every detail about us every time we go in.
The wait times at their North office [Austin Fertility Institute] can be very long! I think they overbook so prepare to wait an hour or more if you go on a busy day. The South office was great, I never waited and it was much more personable there!... All of the nurses I interacted with were very nice and caring, especially Jamie and Nicole who I saw the most. They care as much as the doctors do about each patient that comes through the office.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. M thoroughly explained everything every step of the way. From consultation to IuI he was there for us and made sure we knew what was happening. During my actual iui procedure he even reassured my worries that I had already ovulated by having the nurse show me that I hadn’t. He remembers every detail about us every time we go in.
If he is speaking too fast for you or you don’t understand something he says please make sure you ask him to repeat it!
Dr. M was very caring toward our situation and as upset as we were that I had not become pregnant during our treatments thus far.
Dr. M had me start on Letrozole day from days 3-7 and also combined it with the injectable Follistim from days 5-9. My body responded exactly as expected and I had to mature follicles. On my second iui I had the same protocol but my body didn’t responded as well so an extra day of Follistim was added and I think I still only had 1 mature follicle this time.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
The wait times at their North office can be very long! I think they overbook so prepare to wait an hour or more if you go on a busy day. The South office was great, I never waited and it was much more personable there!
1500 per iui cycle with injectables. 250 for comsultation apppointment, 90 for semen analysis,
Austin Cannon Drive

Dr. Moghadam always treats us with respect and keeps me in control of my fertility treatments...is a straight-shooter. He will not sugar coat what needs to be done for your treatment to get closer to your goal to start a family. The office is always busy, but he does take the time to sit down with you and thoroughly consider all options, involve patients in their own care, and genuinely wants to get you pregnant. He gives patients his personal cell phone and always answers no matter what time of night/weekend.
[Austin Fertility Institute will transfer] One genetically normal embryo at a time. Two if unsure of genetic testing...I wish the wait times were less. I usually wait at least one full hour prior to being seen. I understand that many women have questions and are going through a lot, so one must be patient. Everyone is welcoming and informative. Dr. Moghadam really cares about his patients....Nursing staff is thorough and spends time discussing patient education and treatment flowsheets with me.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Moghadam is a straight-shooter. He will not sugar coat what needs to be done for your treatment to get closer to your goal to start a family. The office is always busy, but he does take the time to sit down with you and thoroughly consider all options, involve patients in their own care, and genuinely wants to get you pregnant. He gives patients his personal cell phone and always answers no matter what time of night/weekend.
Do your homework before you arrive. He will talk fast, but thorough. It is recommended you understand the basis of fertility treatments and discuss with your partner what you are willing to do to achieve your goals.
3 IUI treatments: femara, follistim, ovidrel 2 IVF retrievals only: follistim, menopur, and a third one to keep me from ovulating.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
IUI= $1400 plus stim meds ($500) IVF= $12,000, add pre-genetic testing = +$4,000, plus meds (+ $4,000)
One genetically normal embryo at a time. Two if unsure of genetic testing.
Austin Park Bend

Dr Crawford is warm and caring. Me being a healthcare professional, she still explained every part of the procedure and answers all questions. She’s always positive and aggressive with treatment. She willing to work around schedules and offers great advice for timing issues...We had to freeze a sperm sample due to partner being out of the state during the IUI time. Blood work 2 weeks after the IUI for confirmation of the pregnancy. I had attempted clomid with my ob/gyn without succes so we bypassed that. We are on the second cycle and attempting same course of action.
Nurse [at Austin Fertility Institute] was compassionate and informative...$1250 for one IUI cycle. $500 for femara, follistim and ovidrel medications. $200 for consultation...Strengths: knowledgeable, informative-all the staff and both doctors are great. Weakness: waiting time up to 2 hours. Waiting times can be long due to the number of appts scheduled. Weekend wait time is on the longer end...We had to freeze a sperm sample due to partner being out of the state during the IUI time. Blood work 2 weeks after the IUI for confirmation of the pregnancy. I had attempted clomid with my ob/gyn without succes so we bypassed that. We are on the second cycle and attempting same course of action.
How was your experience with Natalie Crawford at Austin Fertility Institute?
Do some research into the actual procedures. You won’t know what questions to ask unless you know a little bit about infertility.
Dr Crawford and her staff are so warm and welcoming, even on the busiest of days.
Ultrasound on cycle day 3. Femara oral on day 3-5. Follistim injections on day 4 and 5 then another ultrasound. Continued follistim day 6 & 7. Repeat ultrasound and IUI on day 14 of cycle. We had to freeze a sperm sample due to partner being out of the state during the IUI time. Blood work 2 weeks after the IUI for confirmation of the pregnancy. I had attempted clomid with my ob/gyn without succes so we bypassed that. We are on the second cycle and attempting same course of action.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nurse was compassionate and informative.
None
Austin Park Bend

He [Dr. Kenneth Moghadam] may get busy at times, he tries to stay on schedule and does a great job the majority of the time...I really wanted twins again. He explained the risk and his hesitation. He said he would do what I wanted but wanted me to speak to maternal health about the risks to be sure I had full knowledge of the risks. He was understanding and didn’t discount my wants...I had to travel over 3 hours to see him but with a history of success I felt it was worth it. I was shown with respect and care every time I went. He took the time to address my questions and on the rare occasion he couldn’t answer all my questions due to time constraints he made sure I was able to speak to a nurse before leaving.
They [nurses at Austin Fertility Institute] were caring and informative.the nursing staff was nice and informative. The first week was a little tough. Getting medication called in and the protocol hit a snag but it was quickly fixed and never happened again...It is a quiet and comfortable waiting room. 90% of the time they are on schedule and have time to answer all your questions. On rare occasions they get very busy and it feels a bit rushed. The nurses return calls same day and are very helpful and their are nurses on call over the weekend to give advice if there is an emergency.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Moghadam cares deeply for his patients. He treated me with respect and listened to my concerns and wishes. He set up a game plan that I was a part of and kept me involved every step of the way. I fully trust his knowledge and medical opinion and it has resulted in 2 beautiful children and one on the way.
Understand that he wants the best for you. He knows what he is doing and wants success. He may get busy at times, he tries to stay on schedule and does a great job the majority of the time. I know this can be an emotionally driven time but know he wants you to be successful and he has proven o er and over that he can get even tough cases (like mine) there. Be your own advocate and let him know what you need (more communication etc) to make sure your needs are met.
For my current pregnancy it was Desogen, Lipton, estrace, delestrogen, Cron one 8%. , promethium 200mg, progesterone and sesame oil, aspirin, dexamethasone. This was different than my other transfer. I fully trust in his medical knowledge and it resulted in my wonderful kids and current pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility Institute.
They were caring and informative.the nursing staff was nice and informative. The first week was a little tough. Getting medication called in and the protocol hit a snag but it was quickly fixed and never happened again.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
I really wanted twins again. He explained the risk and his hesitation. He said he would do what I wanted but wanted me to speak to maternal health about the risks to be sure I had full knowledge of the risks. He was understanding and didn’t discount my wants. In the ended I trusted his opinion and am currently pregnant with a singleton.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Austin Fertility Institute.
They didn’t call it in the first day but fixed this quickly and it was called in the second day.
Austin Park Bend

I have interviewed 8 Reproductive Endocrinologists. Dr. Moghadam is the only one that will do all of your ultrasounds and will be with you every step of the way. His care is completely different than the majority of REs. My cycle did not go as planned, but I knew that I received the best care possible, so the fault did not lie with him. ... He truly cares about each of his patients. He gave me as much time as I needed for each visit and would answer any question I had. He is a wonderful doctor.
Everyone in this clinic [Austin Fertility Inst] is very personable and on top of their game. ... everyone here was organized, knowledgeable, and attentive. As I mentioned before, the wait times can be excessive, but you will always feel taken care of and I believe that is important. ... Jaime was so kind and patient with me. She was in the room for every ultrasound that Dr. Moghadam completed, so she could answer most questions if I called later with a follow up.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Moghadam is in this profession for the right reasons. He truly cares about each of his patients. He gave me as much time as I needed for each visit and would answer any question I had. He is a wonderful doctor.
You will have to wait a while in the waiting room, but that is because he gives so much attention to you once you are with him. I would prefer to wait than to be shuffled around between nurses as I have been in other clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jaime)
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility Institute.
Everyone in this clinic is very personable and on top of their game. There were always hiccups at other clinics that scared me away, everyone here was organized, knowledgeable, and attentive. As I mentioned before, the wait times can be excessive, but you will always feel taken care of and I believe that is important.
In all, we paid about 12k
It was my impression that Dr. Moghadam would prefer to do single embryo transfers, but was able to make the right call for each patient.
Austin Cannon Drive

[Dr. Kenneth Moghadam is] Very honest, direct but very professional and dedicated to his job doctor. First, he was the first doctor who gave me right diagnosis...took me years to figure out that I have endometriosis. He performed endoscopy and after my surgery I felt much better in terms of managing my symptoms and pain during women’s days. I believe surgery, healthy diet and healthy lifestyle helped me to get pregnant naturally 1 year latter.
[Austin Fertility Institute is in a] Very convenient location, smaller office but with personal approach to their patients, professional staff, good equipment. Sometimes it took longer for nurses to reach you with information about your test results but if you call them first they always have information available...Best staff!!! I liked friendly atmosphere in his office. Nurses and other personnel were nice, professional and always in a good mood.
How was your experience with Kenneth Moghadam at Austin Fertility Institute?
Very honest, direct but very professional and dedicated to his job doctor. First, he was the first doctor who gave me right diagnosis. I took me years to figure out that I have endometriosis. He performed endoscopy and after my surgery I felt much better in terms of managing my symptoms and pain during women’s days. I believe surgery, healthy diet and healthy lifestyle helped me to get pregnant naturally 1 year latter.
Ask a lot of questions, don’t give up and believe in your success
Don’t remember