Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
10506 Montgomery RD
Cincinnati, OH 45242
513-865-1675
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bethesda Fertility Center to a friend?

2019 - 2020
Because she [Dr. Robertshaw] never rushes patients through appointments, things can sometimes go over -since I've certainly been the one prolonging things, I was more than happy to wait patiently for my turn, and she never rushed through my appointments to get "back on track" like other doctors do... all were frozen because during retrieval Dr. Robertshaw identified an issue that required surgery. Immediately after surgery I started estrogen to begin a frozen embryo transfer procedure...was very clear that a single embryo would probably be successful given my age and no history of failure to implant, and said that she'd recommend one embryo. Nevertheless, she recognized that we were a-ok with the possibility of twins (it's been 5 years... we figured we'd have 2 by now, anyway) and let us go for it.
All of the staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center] were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, the facilities were clean and many of the offices and bathrooms were nicely decorated. They use an app to communicate treatment information and for "non-urgent" communication, and at first I thought it was maybe overkill, but I actually really enjoyed it -it gave me easy access to ask questions and especially when dosage instructions are changing daily, it was very handy...we got something like 20 eggs, which was expected from the estimates with the ultrasounds. 19 were mature. Because of my dude's morphology, we used ICSI to fertilize, and 16 ended up fertilizing. The clinic was clear that typically only half of fertilized eggs make it to blastocyst, and that they only freeze high quality embryos, but we ended up with 14 embryos.
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
When we first met Dr. Robertshaw we were entering our 5th year of TTC, and Bethesda was our third clinic. We'd been to a huge clinic where I described most of my visits as "cattle calls", and to a smaller clinic where I still felt as though the doctor never really heard or understood me or my questions. Within minutes of meeting Dr. Robertshaw we knew that things would be different -she listened carefully and responded thoughtfully. Throughout treatment (1 cycle IVF) she let us have our way where we felt strongly about things and helped us make decisions when we were unsure. She never *ever* rushed through an appointment, and will always take the extra few minutes to answer every last question or to celebrate with good news.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Sometimes (but not always, maybe 10-20% of the time) you may have to wait a bit. Because she never rushes patients through appointments, things can sometimes go over -since I've certainly been the one prolonging things, I was more than happy to wait patiently for my turn, and she never rushed through my appointments to get "back on track" like other doctors do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Robertshaw was the third doctor we saw. I showed up in her office with guns blazing, ready to skip all the niceties and get straight to the point. Right from the get-go she seemed to fully understand our experience, and she answered all of my questions thoughtfully. She didn't just treat me like a person, she treated me like an *intelligent* person with agency, never brushing off a single concern, never seeming distracted or hurried.
Describe the protocols Isela Robertshaw used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We went through one cycle of IVF. I used GonalF for ovarian stimulation and had regular ultrasounds during the cycle to check progress, then something-that-starts-with-a-C to induce ovulation. Then the egg retrieval -we got something like 20 eggs, which was expected from the estimates with the ultrasounds. 19 were mature. Because of my dude's morphology, we used ICSI to fertilize, and 16 ended up fertilizing. The clinic was clear that typically only half of fertilized eggs make it to blastocyst, and that they only freeze high quality embryos, but we ended up with 14 embryos. They all were frozen because during retrieval Dr. Robertshaw identified an issue that required surgery. Immediately after surgery I started estrogen to begin a frozen embryo transfer procedure, then injectable progesterone. My husband and I insisted on 2 embryos, even though Dr. Robertshaw was very clear about the likelihood of twins. We had a positive blood test, then another to confirm, and we had two teeny heartbeats on ultrasound a couple weeks later. We've been discharged to an ob. So in conclusion, one round of IVF, one pregnancy with twins resulting, 12 embryos remaining in storage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lynzie)
Lynzie was very organized and an excellent communicator. She was a kind and warm face to interact with throughout the experience. Though everyone we interacted with was kind and professional, it was very nice to see the same face consistently.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
All of the staff were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, the facilities were clean and many of the offices and bathrooms were nicely decorated. They use an app to communicate treatment information and for "non-urgent" communication, and at first I thought it was maybe overkill, but I actually really enjoyed it -it gave me easy access to ask questions and especially when dosage instructions are changing daily, it was very handy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center.
I've met my insurance out-of-pocket maximum, which is 5500, plus another 3000 or so in medication. This is for a round of IVF with one FET, and includes required diagnostic tests such as the SIS, as well as an MRI with contrast and an outpatient surgery.
Describe Isela Robertshaw's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Dr. Robertshaw was very clear that a single embryo would probably be successful given my age and no history of failure to implant, and said that she'd recommend one embryo. Nevertheless, she recognized that we were a-ok with the possibility of twins (it's been 5 years... we figured we'd have 2 by now, anyway) and let us go for it.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center.

Cancer
[Dr. Reynolds] was amazing...she took the time to make sure I was comfortable, and printed me out a copy of what she could see. She even change my course of treatment to be specific to what was going on with my body. She is gentle and a very wise doctor...will change the course of treatment that is best for you. She truely made me feel comfortable in the situation that I had sprung on me with cancer treatments and needing to make a choice to save my eggs or not.
The Staff here [at Bethesda Fertility Center] is AMAZING, I suggest it to anyone who is even thinking about doing IVF to set up at least a consultation, I did not feel pushed in making a choice to do it. They give you both the negatives and positives and will answer any of your questions and make sure you make the choice that is right for you!...No weakness this staff is amazing. they will answer any and all questions and make a treatment plan that is best for you. I did not feel pushed into anything. They are great at making you feel not alone, or stupid for any questions that you ask.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Reynolds is amazing, she listens to you and makes your feel comfortable, and will change the course of treatment that is best for you. She truely made me feel comfortable in the situation that I had sprung on me with cancer treatments and needing to make a choice to save my eggs or not.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Ask questions and speak up about your symptoms Dr. Reynolds will listen and answer. This can be a scary process/fast pace especially if its not something you have had the chance to think about and need to do for other medical purposes. She is amazing, and will make help you through the whole process while giving you the best medical care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Doctor Reynolds was amazing she took the time to make sure I was comfortable, and printed me out a copy of what she could see. She even change my course of treatment to be specific to what was going on with my body. She is gentle and a very wise doctor, I am thank for for her.
Describe the protocols Kasey Reynolds used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was on a certain level of dosages to get my hormones up, Dr. Reynolds evaluated me and started me on shots to slow my hormone growth, and even changed my trigger injection to give me the best results.
The Staff here is AMAZING, I suggest it to anyone who is even thinking about doing IVF to set up at least a consultation, I did not feel pushed in making a choice to do it. They give you both the negatives and positives and will answer any of your questions and make sure you make the choice that is right for you!
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Still in fighting the insurance company they said they would cover cost at the beginning to myself, and to the doctors office but when we filed after treatments started they claim no benifits
Describe Kasey Reynolds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.

Cancer
She [Dr. Robertshaw] took all the time in the world to answer my questions and to make sure I was making the right choice for me, which had a huge impact on me and let me know I was in the right hands. I didn't feel pressured at all, and she got me in the next day know my situation. She is an amazing doctor...Dr. Robershaw and Dr. Reynolds are both amazing, each one treated me as a doctor and helped me with the situation I was going threw, they never made me feel like I was stuck in anything and that the choice was ultimately mine...pulled me in and let me know how soon I would have to start treatments based off of my situation, from there she was on hand for questions at anytime. Dr. Reynolds did my surgery, and changed my trigger shots and surgery date when it was discovered I was producing eggs and they were growing at a good rate. She really paid attention to my body and what it was doing and made a plan that was suited for me.
Every single one of the nurses here [at Bethesda Fertility Center] are beyond wonderful and really care about their patients. Lynzie Hogan, went beyond and above for all the questions I had, and answered all of my calls (bless her for doing so). Liz Wilson helped me find funding to help discount the medications when my insurances backed out. Colleen Brooks is unbelievable at her job and is one of the nicest human beings I have ever met, she really cares. My insurances has been giving them a hard time and she has been going back and forth on the process and letting me know updates. She is beyond wonderful.
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
feel comfortable enough to ask all questions that you have. no question is a dumb one in her eyes, she will take the time and be honest and speak with you about any questions or concerns you may have, and leave the choice ultimately up to you.
She took all the time in the world to answer my questions and to make sure I was making the right choice for me, which had a huge impact on me and let me know I was in the right hands. I didn't feel pressured at all, and she got me in the next day know my situation. She is an amazing doctor.
Dr. Robershaw pulled me in and let me know how soon I would have to start treatments based off of my situation, from there she was on hand for questions at anytime. Dr. Reynolds did my surgery, and changed my trigger shots and surgery date when it was discovered I was producing eggs and they were growing at a good rate. She really paid attention to my body and what it was doing and made a plan that was suited for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Every single one of the ladies that works here are AMAZING, Lynzie Hogan went beyond and above for my treatment)
Every single one of the nurses here are beyond wonderful and really care about their patients. Lynzie Hogan, went beyond and above for all the questions I had, and answered all of my calls (bless her for doing so). Liz Wilson helped me find funding to help discount the medications when my insurances backed out. Colleen Brooks is unbelievable at her job and is one of the nicest human beings I have ever met, she really cares. My insurances has been giving them a hard time and she has been going back and forth on the process and letting me know updates. She is beyond wonderful.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
This clinic strengths: Your questions will be answered, a plan will be tailored to you, you will be listed to, every worker here cares about what they do and you. Even for just a consult they will listen and let you know facts, and courses of treatment, and they want to be sure they you pick the best course of treatment for your self, even if you decide this is not for you. I cannot think of any weakness.
this is still pending, with my insurance.

2017 - 2020
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
my last transfer she [Dr. Isela Robertshaw] did an immune protocol after running a recurrent loss panel and still not finding anything besides testing positive for the MTHFR Gene and I was put on a folate supplement. She wanted to do this protocol in case there was something microscopic being missed. It’s working so far and I’m now 10 weeks pregnant...was warm and compassionate, she even took the time on a few occasions to personally call and check on me. Her staff of wonderful nurses answered any questions I had, and treated me with that same compassion, it really made this whole process easier.
I never had an issue reaching someone [at Bethesda Fertility Center] which was really wonderful. All of my questions or concerns were always answered in a timely manner. My only complaint, if you can call it that would be with billing. I always paid my invoices as soon as I received them, but towards the end, they stopped sending invoices and billing acted like we were past due, which I didn’t appreciate...wonderful nurses answered any questions I had, and treated me with that same compassion, it really made this whole process easier. I don’t feel like we would have received that treatment at any other fertility clinic. I will be forever grateful for the wonderful care we received at Bethesda Fertility Center.
2017 - 2020
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Robertshaw took her time to explain all our options and set our expectations. I couldn’t be happier with the experience she gave us. Infertility is so emotional and hard and the fact that she was so warm and compassionate meant a lot to me. I’m forever grateful for her.
From our first appointment I could tell we were going to be treated like people instead of just another number. Dr. Robertshaw was warm and compassionate, she even took the time on a few occasions to personally call and check on me. Her staff of wonderful nurses answered any questions I had, and treated me with that same compassion, it really made this whole process easier. I don’t feel like we would have received that treatment at any other fertility clinic. I will be forever grateful for the wonderful care we received at Bethesda Fertility Center.
I can’t remember all the specifics, but my last transfer she did an immune protocol after running a recurrent loss panel and still not finding anything besides testing positive for the MTHFR Gene and I was put on a folate supplement. She wanted to do this protocol in case there was something microscopic being missed. It’s working so far and I’m now 10 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
I never had an issue reaching someone which was really wonderful. All of my questions or concerns were always answered in a timely manner. My only complaint, if you can call it that would be with billing. I always paid my invoices as soon as I received them, but towards the end, they stopped sending invoices and billing acted like we were past due, which I didn’t appreciate.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Reynolds was always so kind and welcoming when we were in her office. She knew little facts each time and would recall things I've told her at previous appointments. ... Her insight and thoughtfulness made me feel comfortable every step of the way. Even when things did not work out, we never thought of going in another direction. ...
Bethesda is a small facility that has a boutique feel. Since we started going back in July 2018, I think they have started taking on more patients and are getting overwhelmed. ... I also found out I was allergic to Lupron, I've literally had to remind them every single time we write up new protocol. I feel like these are things that should be easily seen and documented. Dr. Reynolds has been open to new ideas and is never against trying new things. She answers every single question we come in with and never makes you feel rushed with time.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Reynolds is an outstanding person. While we have not yet had success with IVF, we did a lot of research and felt that Dr. Reynolds most closely fit what we were looking for. Her insight and thoughtfulness made me feel comfortable every step of the way. Even when things did not work out, we never thought of going in another direction.
Be upfront with her and do not be afraid to ask questions if you have them.
Dr. Reynolds was always so kind and welcoming when we were in her office. She knew little facts each time and would recall things I've told her at previous appointments. This was important to me because I felt like she actually remembered me as a human and not just a number. She also was very heartfelt each time things did not work. Always answered communication within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
My primary nurse, Patty, has been amazing. She did have a knee injury and we were reassigned to another nurse and it was a nightmare. Some of the nurses are really great, others are very out of touch and treat you like a number.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Bethesda is a small facility that has a boutique feel. Since we started going back in July 2018, I think they have started taking on more patients and are getting overwhelmed. The nurses can get confused easily and sometimes the protocol they give does not always match what Dr. Reynolds would say. I would make the nurses go back and double check everything. I also found out I was allergic to Lupron, I've literally had to remind them every single time we write up new protocol. I feel like these are things that should be easily seen and documented. Dr. Reynolds has been open to new ideas and is never against trying new things. She answers every single question we come in with and never makes you feel rushed with time.
To this point we have spent $32,000 on our fertility journey. (that includes our next and final transfer) We were able to use WinFertility to help pay for some of the costs. I will say, check all pharmacies for prescriptions, do not just assume the nurses know the best places.
Dr. Reynolds was willing to do whatever we felt the most comfortable with.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Reynolds made us feel like she genuinely cared about the outcome of our treatments. She acknowledged all of our concerns very warmly and patiently and never made us feel like we had too many questions or that she didn’t have time to answer us. ... She gave us all our options and allowed us to make an informed decision on the route we wanted to take. She didn’t try to persuade us to go one way or the other.
The clinic [Bethesda Fertility Center] offers an app that was an amazing way to communicate with all the staff involved in my treatment. I was also able to track what came next on the app as well. I have no complaints about the clinic at all. ... My iui was roughly $500 for the insemination and sperm wash. ... The nurses were great. Very personable and also very willing to answer any questions I had. ...
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr Reynolds very carefully took her time to explain the aspects of infertility and more specifically what our struggles meant for our chances of conceiving. She gave us all our options and allowed us to make an informed decision on the route we wanted to take. She didn’t try to persuade us to go one way or the other. She was able to express what we should expect from our first iui cycle but still gave us hope that even if it was not successful she was very confident that we would be able to conceive.
Ask as many questions as you need to in order to fully understand all your options.
At my consultation appointment we got right down to business. Dr Reynolds performed a quick transvaginal ultrasound to check out the lining of my uterus and my ovaries. She also ordered bloodwork to check my overall health and hormone levels. The results came back pretty quickly and she was able to order a repeat of one of the labs that she was concerned about. For my first cycle we decided to try a medicated iui. Based on my labs she started me off on a pretty high dose of clomid (100mg) per day for 5 days starting day 3 of my cycle. Midway she asked that I come in for a SIS ultrasound which was quite painful. My ovaries and eggs were checked at this appointment as well. After the ultrasound we decided that I should do my ovidrel trigger shot because I had several follicles that were ready and was nearing ovulation. 36 hours later I went back in for my iui. It wasn’t very quick and just a little painful because of the position of my uterus.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The clinic offers an app that was an amazing way to communicate with all the staff involved in my treatment. I was also able to track what came next on the app as well. I have no complaints about the clinic at all.
My iui was roughly $500 for the insemination and sperm wash. The medication was about $120, this included the clomid and ovidrel trigger shot.
+ Read more- Read less

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
4 rounds of cookie or femera with my OB then 2 IuI with Dr. Reynolds that weren’t successful so we moved directly into IVF. Luprolide protocol didn’t go well so we canceled the cycle. 2nd cycle used antagonist protocol and I got 10 mature follicles with 8 fertilizing. 2 enbryos made it to day 5 so we transferred both. Conceived and misscarried around 6.5 weeks. 3rd round starting soon which we will do endo scratch and levenox injections in addition to the same protocol- praying this one works!
[Bethesda Fertility Center is] Always on time, rarely have to wait. Good to return calls in the amount of time they tell you. Organization with billing and finances are a little chaotic depending on the situation but I hear that’s too common for fertility offices... 1st nurse I was assigned to was very busy and quick to respond though emails but didn’t always answer every question I had. This next round of IVF I am assigned to another nurse who is fantastic! Responds quickly, even calls me to check in before my cycle without prompting. She called in my meds early so I didn’t have to worry about them. Love her!
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She is extremely knowledgeable and has data and studies to back up each of her treatments suggestions for my particular situation. She explains things well to myself who needs details and comforted and my husband who is factual and wants all the data. She is very upbeat and to the point. She’s excited about what she’s doing and encouraging which is definitely needed on this long hard journey.
She is the only RE I’ve consulted with. I saw her partner, Dr. Robertshaw who is also fantastic and highly recommended, but Dr. Reynolds just got me right away. She made a plan of attack and encouraged us to make decisions together but was ready to move forward as aggressively as we wanted. Every time we talk she encourages me and tells me this will happen, which is what I need to keep moving forward!
She just seems to truly care about your journey. She has also experienced some of this and shares this with patients so she connects differently that other drs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Very blessed to have a specific amount contributed to fertility care through my husbands company and able to run all charges through insurance. We are approaching anther cycle and will soon be completely out of pocket pay. We haven’t received a breakdown of costs yet but that has been requested.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Robertshaw] answered all my questions but when it came down to doing the things she said she was going to do, that just didn't happen. She told me to email her anytime but I never got responses. ... She was very kind and understanding. ... My dr wanted to just do 1 embryo because I was young and healthy but we ended up doing 2. ... My dr wanted to just do 1 embryo because I was young and healthy but we ended up doing 2. First because it was a different doctor that did my transfer and secondly, because I only had 2 good looking embryos.
They [Bethesda Fertility Center] are friendly and welcoming. They really need to do better with getting back with their patients. Especially when a patient has just had an incredibly devastating experience. They said nice things and promised to help but then didn't get back to me for months. ... I didn't know there was something called a guarentee program and I feel like I got screwed. ... I had quite a few different nurses. Most were very kind and communicated well.
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She was very kind and understanding. She answered all my questions but when it came down to doing the things she said she was going to do, that just didn't happen. She told me to email her anytime but I never got responses.
Make sure you go into it knowing all the possible outcomes. I didn't know there was something called a guarentee program and I feel like I got screwed. I took out a personal loan to afford 1 round of IVF and now that that didn't work I have to figure out how to come up with a ton more money.
She took the time to answer any questions and showed compassion during emotional times.
I started with taking birth control. Then had my baseline ultrasound. Things looked good so I started my injectable medications and did that for 9 days. I wasn't growing very many follicles about half way in so she upped my dosage and I started to respond better. I triggered on day 10 and then had my retrieval on day 12. Another doctor completed that procedure as Robertshaw was out of town. I was updated the day after retrieval, day 3 and day 5 as to how everything was progressing. I had a 5 day fresh transfer of 2 embryos. And then found out that none of my other embryos made it to freeze. I did not get pregnant and was left heartbroken and broke.
I had quite a few different nurses. Most were very kind and communicated well.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
They are friendly and welcoming. They really need to do better with getting back with their patients. Especially when a patient has just had an incredibly devastating experience. They said nice things and promised to help but then didn't get back to me for months.
Each IUI was about $300. And the IVF all together was about $13,000. That's minus the meds for the IUI's and the donor sperm that I was using.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Kasey Reynolds] did an aggressive treatment and really upped my meds (gonal f, menopur, lupron) to try to get as many as we could but even with the increase in meds, they were only seeing around 6 follicles...We reset and did a menopur only cycle and it worked so much better! We got 13 (the most I’ve ever had). 11 fertilized, we did a day 3 transfer bc the majority weren’t looking great. They didn’t take and the rest had arrested by day 5 again.
The nursing staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center] is great. You can tell they all really enjoy their jobs and care about you...Our IVF cycle cost around $10k, which was after a military discount...I don’t have any complaints. The atmosphere is happy and pleasant. Even the way they decorate is homey and not clinical. I loved how they handled retrieval day, it was very seamless and when I did have some high blood pressure afterwards, 3 nurses hung out with me until it came down. Their biggest strength is the people working there.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She’s amazing. She’s very good at her job and I would go back to her again and again. My body doesn’t respond as it should, and she very much tackled our case and tried everything she could to get us pregnant.
Trust her! She genuinely cares about you.
She genuinely cares! She and her whole staff are so welcoming. And they really take the time to know your story.
My body doesn’t respond as it should, so even though my levels were normal, I wasn’t producing many follicles at our old clinic. She did an aggressive treatment and really upped my meds (gonal f, menopur, lupron) to try to get as many as we could but even with the increase in meds, they were only seeing around 6 follicles, which made no sense! She canceled that round (which I’m very thankful for bc I didn’t want to go through a retrieval for only 6 since our embryos always arrest by day 5.) We reset and did a menopur only cycle and it worked so much better! We got 13 (the most I’ve ever had). 11 fertilized, we did a day 3 transfer bc the majority weren’t looking great. They didn’t take and the rest had arrested by day 5 again. By the time we had done this with her we were at the end of our 4th IVF attempt (having done 2 rounds at a different clinic.) So with her advising us, we have decided to stop trying via IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. You can tell they all really enjoy their jobs and care about you.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Our IVF cycle cost around $10k, which was after a military discount (how cool is it that they offer that?!).
Immunological, Unexplained
Dr Reynolds has supported our treatment from the start. She worked with us, our schedule, our finances to help us understand the prognosis and what would be next. She never 'did the same' again if it didn't work the first time, she always adjusted the plan of action.... Antagonist protocol. I wasn't as strong of a responder as expected so we had to crank up the drugs and go an extra day- but we ended up with 17 eggs retrieved. For both FETs we did lupron with progresterone - after a body rash during the FET, we added/adjusted meds for the next FET.
I have worked with several nurses [at Bethesda Fertility Center], did have a primary nurse during IVF, but not one prior to that. After the first primary nurse, when we did an FET, we got another nurse. I was okay with that - but I did have to communicate to the practice I felt that nurse could be better with responding/communicating to me and turning around schedules faster.
Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Ask a lot of questions. You'll always get the answers, but it's important to know everything during these treatments!
Dr. Reynolds always makes a point to make sure we understand what is going on, is available via email for questions and is also expresses empathy.
I have worked with several nurses, did have a primary nurse during IVF, but not one prior to that. After the first primary nurse, when we did an FET, we got another nurse. I was okay with that - but I did have to communicate to the practice I felt that nurse could be better with responding/communicating to me and turning around schedules faster.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
This clinic is great, they are on time most all the time, only have had to wait occasionally. It's private and you feel comfortable going in. They have made it very spa like so you do not feel it's so doc office like. The one weakness, which I understand, is that they are not on an electronic medical record, so you do not get to see your results online, do not have appt reminders electronically - that is something to get used to.
All based on insurance coverage! This is hard to describe, but the IUI were about $350 (plus meds). IVF 'package' was competitively priced and offered small discount for pay in full.
She encouraged 1 (as did embryologist) the first time - as they said it was beautiful. that failed, so she was ok with 2 next time.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Kasey Reynolds] takes the time to explain the risks and connected me with a trusted specialty doctor for my damaged tube surgery... I have two surgeries last year to remove scar tissue and one damaged fallopian tube...Interactions with her can seem impersonal at times when they are busy and she was quick to suggest IVF after my surgeries...Very caring and passionate about what she does as a fertility doctor...
One nurse [at Bethesda Fertility Center] told me very coldly, after our three month break, we were no longer patients...and that I needed to go to my gynecologist for testing on why I became unexpectedly dizzy and fell. Another nurse, office manager and Dr. Reynolds all reached out to me to apologize for the comment. However, they discounted it saying she did not mean it that way...IUI was $400/each, ovulation trigger shots were $100, IVF was going to be appx. $8,000/each.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Very caring and passionate about what she does as a fertility doctor. She takes the time to explain the risks and connected me with a trusted specialty doctor for my damaged tube surgery. Interactions with her can seem impersonal at times when they are busy and she was quick to suggest IVF after my surgeries. This was not the intent or my expectation, per previous discussions, as based on the results of my 1st surgery I was told we would be able to continue with IUI with more success.
Ask for THEIR practices' success rates not the general medical success rates which are quoted
I loved Dr. Kasey Reynolds as my fertility doctor. However, I feel like this clinic may be overwhelmed with too many patients which made me feel more like a number than a human most of the time. I have two surgeries last year to remove scar tissue and one damaged fallopian tube. Afterwards, they seemed too quick to suggest IVF in my opinion. Office staff actually told me I was no longer a patient after taking a 3 month break...
Average dose of Letrozole was prescribed to help me ovulation consistently month-to-month initially. This was bumped up slightly prior to my first IUI. After the surgeries and my two failed IUIs, she wanted to prescribe me clomid over July 4th weekend although my insurance would not pay for it. Later I found out that it would have only been a few bucks out of pocket AFTER countless hours on the phone with the insurance company vs. doctors vs. pharmacy battles and ending up missing that cycle's opportunity. That is when we decided to take our break.
One nurse told me very coldly, after our three month break, we were no longer patients...and that I needed to go to my gynecologist for testing on why I became unexpectedly dizzy and fell. Another nurse, office manager and Dr. Reynolds all reached out to me to apologize for the comment. However, they discounted it saying she did not mean it that way.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Weaknesses: can treat you like a number, do not have a support system aligned with the clinic like others in the area do, quote medical success rates instead of their own practices' success rate, some nurses can be rude and cold in their tones and words Strengths: very passionate doctor Dr. Reynolds, loves what she does, willing to take a few extra minutes to comfort you after hearing bad news, will refer to you the best trusted docs she knows if additional surgeries are needed
IUI was $400/each, ovulation trigger shots were $100, IVF was going to be appx. $8,000/each. I have no insurance coverage for fertility specific care.
No preferences. She stated the facts as black and white with statistics.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Kasey Reynolds] was very kind and warm. Walked me through the whole process and made sure me and my husband understood what was going on...caring bedside manner...She made me feel like we made the right decision and that it is going to work out well for us in the end. She has a very positive attitude...She doesn’t make you feel stupid for asking and she makes sure you understand everything. She’s also extremely flexible with your schedule to make things less stressful.
[Bethesda Fertility Center is a] Small clinic but very well run. [Staff is] helpful and happy to see you. They have their own app that you can communicate with them through and that makes it so much easier instead of playing phone tag all day...Everyone is helpful and returns you questions/messages in a timely manner...We haven’t started the actual cycle beyond clomid which was fairly simple. The rationale for using them was to force the process of ovulation which turned out to not be an issue.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She has a warm and caring bedside manner. Extremely knowledgeable and explains things to me so my husband and I were able to understand the process. She made me feel like we made the right decision and that it is going to work out well for us in the end. She has a very positive attitude.
Ask any questions you have big or small. She doesn’t make you feel stupid for asking and she makes sure you understand everything. She’s also extremely flexible with your schedule to make things less stressful.
She was very kind and warm. Walked me through the whole process and made sure me and my husband understood what was going on.
Everyone is helpful and returns you questions/messages in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Small clinic but very well run. Everyone. Knows your and is helpful and happy to see you. They have their own app that you can communicate with them through and that makes it so much easier instead of playing phone tag all day.
With insurance around $5000 minimum.
+ Read more- Read less
First she [Kasey Reynolds] had me take birth control pills for 4 months to get my estrogen levels up. Then we started Menopur injections. The first round I responded too well and had too many mature eggs. Next we decided to try another round of injections but a lower dosage.... Very energetic and enthusiastic. Talks fast but tries to explan everything thoroughly. Clearly a busy doctor but takes the time to answer questions and be relational. When our first round of treatment was unsuccessful she was helpful in laying out all other possible options.
Great professional staff [at Bethesda Fertility Ctr]. Open on Saturdays which is very helpful. They use an app for sending messages which makes communication easy. Once I sent a message and didn't get an answer for a couple days, but the receptionist was able to see the message I sent to the doctor and she was able to help me.... Once I had to go in for an ultrasound on a Saturday and another doctor, not Dr Reynolds, examined me. She didn't communicate with me after the appointment about how much Menopur to take. The following day she did message me but her instructions were not appropriate and it resulted in my body overstimulating.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to message her on the app. She will respond.
Very warm and friendly towards me and my husband. Made us feel like she really cared about us and wanted to do everything she could to help us get pregnant.
First she had me take birth control pills for 4 months to get my estrogen levels up. Then we started Menopur injections. The first round I responded too well and had too many mature eggs. Next we decided to try another round of injections but a lower dosage.
The nurses were very sweet and caring. Good at explaining how to take injections.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Great professional staff. Open on Saturdays which is very helpful. They use an app for sending messages which makes communication easy. Once I sent a message and didn't get an answer for a couple days, but the receptionist was able to see the message I sent to the doctor and she was able to help me.
+ Read more- Read less

been challenging finding days when Dr Reynolds is in for my next appointment...She's very nice. I've only met with her once so far...She's young and energetic. Easy to talk to. Friendly and warm personality. Helpful. Good at explaining things. Talks fast but willing to explain things again....she was honest and hopeful. She told me with my issues it might take time, but it wouldn't be impossible for me to get pregnant. She was recommended to me by my obgyn. Excited to go back to see her.
been challenging finding days when Dr Reynolds is in for my next appointment. The office [Bethesda Fertility Center] is 45 minutes away, but thev staff has been helpful when I've tried to schedule another appointment. They also let me wait until all my test results are in to come back for a followup, that way I don't have to pay for extra visits...The day I was there seemed to be a busy hectic day for the office staff. Everyone was running around, but the nurses acted calm when taking my blood.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She's young and energetic. Easy to talk to. Friendly and warm personality. Helpful. Good at explaining things. Talks fast but willing to explain things again. I've only seen her once so far but she was honest and hopeful. She told me with my issues it might take time, but it wouldn't be impossible for me to get pregnant. She was recommended to me by my obgyn. Excited to go back to see her.
Ask questions. She talks fast.
She's very nice. I've only met with her once so far. Talked very fast but explains things well!
None yet
Nice!
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Its hard to say because I've only been there once. The day I was there seemed to be a busy hectic day for the office staff. Everyone was running around, but the nurses acted calm when taking my blood. Is been challenging finding days when Dr Reynolds is in for my next appointment. The office is 45 minutes away, but thev staff has been helpful when I've tried to schedule another appointment. They also let me wait until all my test results are in to come back for a followup, that way I don't have to pay for extra visits.
Haven't got bills yet

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Reynolds is friendly and puts you at ease quickly. She is knowledgeable and helps you do understand exactly what the treatment is going to be. She would sit with us to explain what is going on and she had a positive attitude towards our goals.... Dr. Reynolds is efficient and knowledgeable, but also friendly and funny and puts you at ease. I had to leave the clinic because Bethesda does not do frozen donor egg transfers and I miss her!
Strengths: Dr. Reynolds is great, great clinic atmosphere, they conducted a 2 hour IVF class when we were first started IVF, which was so helpful. Weaknesses: The lab [Bethesda Fertility Center] only does fresh donor egg transfers and we wanted to do frozen so we had to move to a new clinic. I was sad to leave them.... The nurses were great! They were friendly and compassionate but also knowledgeable and got back to me quickly.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She is great, so make sure you request her as your doctor if you are going to Bethesda Fertility Clinic.
I do not remember these, as they occurred in 2016- and first half of 2017
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Reynolds is great, great clinic atmosphere, they conducted a 2 hour IVF class when we were first started IVF, which was so helpful. Weaknesses: The lab only does fresh donor egg transfers and we wanted to do frozen so we had to move to a new clinic. I was sad to leave them.
The one IVF cycle I did I actually won via a raffle with the clinic! (Too bad it didn't work). The IUI's and other procedures I think cost around 3-4K total, since my insurance covered a lot of it.
I do know know Dr. Reynold's approach to multiple embryo transfers. She only did IUI's for me.
+ Read more- Read less

I felt like talking to Dr. Reynolds was like talking with a friend. She was honest, funny and supportive. She answered any question I had or still do have...Dr. Reynolds, in my experience, has no weaknesses at this point in time. She is a great listener, never makes you feel rushed, answers questions you might think are silly or dumb. She is happy to answer phone calls and emails...
The clinic [Bethesda Fertility Center] is easy to get in touch with. It is easy to make appointments and to fill out paperwork before your visit...I have only had experience with two nurses. Both were friendly and easy to engage with. They answered any questions I had and were honest when I needed to speak with a doctor... staff was also friendly and welcoming. I got phone calls back immediately and never felt like they didnt care about my journey.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Make sure you create a list of questions no matter how you feel about them. You might think they are silly or dumb but she wont and she will answer any of them.
I felt like talking to Dr. Reynolds was like talking with a friend. She was honest, funny and supportive. She answered any question I had or still do have. My staff was also friendly and welcoming. I got phone calls back immediately and never felt like they didnt care about my journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty )
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get in touch with. It is easy to make appointments and to fill out paperwork before your visit. I found other options in my city were a lot harder to get in touch with.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Dr. Thie. I am confident that she wants the best for us. Before my first egg retrieval, she actually called my cell phone the night before to leave a message of encouragement in light of my estradiol results and to let me know that she was thinking of me. This is one case where bedside manner is really important given the emotional strain of infertility. That said, as a DOR patient, I am not always sure she is up on the latest treatment or protocol options.
They tried to charge for for traditional egg fertilization as well as for ICSI and I caught this. I asked if we could continue to try to get pregnant in our own during estrogen priming and was told yes, but later learned the Cetrotide I was taking could end a pregnancy if one had started (I would have abstained knowing this). They called me twice to tell me my IVF was unsuccessful and did not realize they had already called. I did not receive a report on day 3 from the embryologist as expected and went to transfer with no information. Again, this was all the Bethesda Fertility Clinic, not Dr. Thie's private practice. The nurses I rated so favorably were from her private practice, where I usually go. I would not Rae the Bethesda Fertility Center's nurses so highly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Be prepared to wait and call the clinic to see if they are on time or not. If you don't want to wait to see your doctor, she is the wrong one. However, you are waiting because she gives each patient the time needed and will do the same with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
The entire staff knows my name (incidentally, I go to Dr. Thie's private practice, she only does IVF retrieval and transfer at the Bethesda Fertility Center, and I would answer closer to a number for them). Dr. Thie listens to my questions, has an open mind, and spends time with me.
Their empathy and experience. The head nurse, Cindy, is exceptional.

2010 - 2012
I had already done 4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid. His [Dr. Glen Hofmann's] first recommendation was for an HSG test where dye is shot through the tubes, as he felt there might be a blockage. After the procedure, he recommended IUI, and I literally was successfully pregnant the next month (twin boys)... Was very confident in his diagnosis and was very clear that there was a HIGH risk for multiple birth.
Everyone [at Bethesda Fertility Center] was very professional. There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. They have family photos all over the hallway walls of families they were able to successfully get pregnant. I always felt comfortable and would recommend them to anyone that I know.... Expensive (approximately $2000 even with insurance) but I think any couple expects this with fertility treatment.
2010 - 2012
How was your experience with Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
He was very easy to talk to, and confident in his ability to make it so that I would be able to get pregnant. After one HSG test and having to shake my hips to get the dye through one of my fallopian tubes, I was able to get pregnant the very next month via IUI
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Don't discount his confidence as cockiness.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Was very confident in his diagnosis and was very clear that there was a HIGH risk for multiple birth. At the time I felt he was too confident, but I was afraid dto get my hopes up.
Describe the protocols Glen Hofmann used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had already done 4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid. His first recommendation was for an HSG test where dye is shot through the tubes, as he felt there might be a blockage. After the procedure, he recommended IUI, and I literally was successfully pregnant the next month (twin boys)
I always felt comfortable going there.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Everyone was very professional. There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. They have family photos all over the hallway walls of families they were able to successfully get pregnant. I always felt comfortable and would recommend them to anyone that I know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Glen Hofmann
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center.

2019 - 2020
[Protocol with Dr. Isela Robertshaw] First was cleaning fallopian tubes. Then ultrasound to see uterine thickness. Started hormones. Did iui per her suggestion. After 3 failed she suggested ivf. Started hormones for that. Did egg retrieval, with a fresh transfer. After positive pregnancy test, did ultrasounds of baby every week until released to ob...She was kind, energetic and always so positive... Polite and professional. She always knew every answer to every question. I would see her again if we decide to do it again. I have already suggested to a friend to go to Bethesda
they had payment plans [at Bethesda Fertility Center]...No weaknesses. Highly suggest to anyone wanting to take this step. Professional and polite. Gave you all the information you need and allowed you to make decisions with suggestions along the way. Always available...First was cleaning fallopian tubes. Then ultrasound to see uterine thickness. Started hormones. Did iui per her [Dr. Robertshaw's] suggestion. After 3 failed she suggested ivf. Started hormones for that. Did egg retrieval, with a fresh transfer. After positive pregnancy test, did ultrasounds of baby every week until released to ob
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She was amazing. I highly suggest seeing her. Polite and professional. She always knew every answer to every question. I would see her again if we decide to do it again. I have already suggested to a friend to go to Bethesda.
Be prepared for anything. Relax she knows what she is doing. Give her all your trust
She was kind, energetic and always so positive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tracey and liz)
Polite and professional
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
I was lucky to have great insurance that helped pay. Otherwise they had payment plans
She gave me the option

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Robertshaw is a great listener, seeks to understand any/all symptoms to help discuss treatment options. She takes the time to answer all questions and is candid in her responses and opinions. She took the burden of stressing about infertility off of my shoulders, and I truly trusted that I was in good hands with her recommended treatment.
Nursing staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center] was very attentive and gave the feeling that they were personally invested in your success.... Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Walking through the financing with someone that knew the details was great. The only con was that sometimes appointment wait times were long (~15-20 min), as they prioritize the IVF and IUI patients given the urgent needs that they have during their cycles.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Personally called to check up on me, I never felt rushed, very empathetic and thorough with every appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Nursing staff was very attentive and gave the feeling that they were personally invested in your success.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
IUI and IVF procedures, embryo freezing, monitoring ultrasounds, doctor visits, blood work.
She did not want to transfer more than 2 embryos, which is what we ended up doing. If PGS had been used, she prefers to transfer only 1 to minimize risk but is open to patient input.

12 IUI, IVF
Dr. Thie took a long time to get my history and previous testing. She was very knowledgable about PCOS and took time to help me understand it. She went out of her way to make sure I received the best treatment. I feel she could of been a little more aggressive as I had to order an additional week of medicine because she was nervous of me over ovulating.... I did and IVF startibg with birth control for a month then starting injections.
The front office staff [Bethesda Fertility Center] was very rude, inconsiderate of how expensive and emotionally tolling this procedure is and what your going through. Other than that the rest of the ataff was very pleasant. The office could use some updating but my overall experience was good.... They [nurses] were very caring ,nice, and quick to get your appointment moving.... Dr. Thie took a long time to get my history and previous testing.
12 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She brings ypu back a lot and staff is considerate about multiple visits and high copays.
She was very personable and knew my case versus not knowing my case
Describe the protocols Jennifer Thie used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did and IVF startibg with birth control for a month then starting injections.
They were very caring ,nice, and quick to get your appointment moving.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The front office staff was very rude, inconsiderate of how expensive and emotionally tolling this procedure is and what your going through. Other than that the rest of the ataff was very pleasant. The office could use some updating but my overall experience was good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
His [Dr Hofmann's] strength is his experience. He has seen a lot of cases and makes very accurate predictions. His weakness is his bedside manner. He was too quick to tell me that I needed to use a gestational carrier vs. adjusting his approach.... Have thick skin. I do, and his delivery still brought me to tears more than once.
[Bethesda Fertility Center is a] small clinic north of Cincinnati. It has 3 doctors now but Dr. Hoffman was the primary doctor when I was there. I saw Dr. Renyolds once or twice and liked her but she was learning....All the nurses there were wonderful!
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
His strength is his experience. He has seen a lot of cases and makes very accurate predictions. His weakness is his bedside manner. He was too quick to tell me that I needed to use a gestational carrier vs. adjusting his approach.
The nurses were great, he was very blunt and does not have good bed side manner when telling women bad news.
2 antagonist cycles -BC for 3ish weeks -overlapping with lupron for 2-3 weeks -8 days of Gonal F and Menopur -Novarel -Transfer on day 6
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
All the nurses there were wonderful!
Glen Hofmann
+ Read more- Read less

Her [Dr. Jennifer Thie] only weekness was remembering where we were in the while process. Meaning if I wanted to do IUI again or have sex once the egg was ready. But she also has many patients too. It was clear her goal was to get us pregnant as easy and quick as possible. Invetro was suggested but I wasn't comfortable at that point w that process and they understand and continued with the treatment I wanted.
My treatment [at Bethesda Fertility Center] was fertility pills and ovulation shot. Coat was about 60.00 a month combination. Ultrasound to see when I had a viable egg. Cost about 30.00 after insurance.... She [Dr. Jennifer Thie] was more than willing to work w my work schedule and my ovulation schedule. She even came in on mother's Day so I could get IUI done in the office. Staff is also very friendly.
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Her only weekness was remembering where we were in the while process. Meaning if I wanted to do IUI again or have sex once the egg was ready. But she also has many patients too. It was clear her goal was to get us pregnant as easy and quick as possible. Invetro was suggested but I wasn't comfortable at that point w that process and they understand and continued with the treatment I wanted.
Dont get discouraged if it once you get a positive result that she doesn't seem happy and asks you to come back for another ultrasound so see can actually see the heartbeat.
She was more than willing to work w my work schedule and my ovulation schedule. She even came in on mother's Day so I could get IUI done in the office. Staff is also very friendly.
I don't remember
Very attentive and understanding
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Very good staff. Nice, to the point and clear on billing.,,,..................................................................................................................................................................................,............
My treatment was fertility pills and ovulation shot. Coat was about 60.00 a month combination. Ultrasound to see when I had a viable egg. Cost about 30.00 after insurance.
Describe Jennifer Thie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.
N/a for me
2018 - 2020
Following the laproscopy [with Dr. Robertshaw] we learned that one tube is partially blocked and one tube fully blocked. I was not ready to undergo IVF so we started a brief treatment of Clomid...We started birth control followed by stimulating hormones however I produced too few eggs again so we cancelled the cycle....At every stage of my treatment, Dr. Robertshaw demonstrated that she cared deeply about achieving a healthy preganancy and my related fears. She listened intently to my questions and responded with not only her research knowledge but with what she would advise a woman to another woman. She hugged me when I needed a hug, encouraged me when I needed a cheerleader, and rejoiced with me when we achieved pregnancy.
Lynzie [nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center] was kind and patient with me! I can't say enough good things. She thoroughly explained every step of every medication and made sure I understood every step of the process in detail...billing lead changed and I found the new lead to be disorganized and unresponsive. Also, she was unnecessarily combative and defensive. There is no reason the billing experience cannot be pleasant. The numbers are what they are. No need for negative emotions on the part of the billing department.
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Robertshaw was recommended to me by another physician, a friend who I confided in explaining the horrible bedside manner of a fertility doctor from whom I initially sought treatment. My first meeting with Dr. Robertshaw was appropriately lengthy because I had a ton of questions. She explained my suggested treatment protocol at length and the reasons for her suggestions. My journey with Dr. Robertshaw lasted over two years because I paused my treatment a few times to psychologically deal with the arduous fertility process. In that time, Dr. Robertshaw treated me with emotionally intelligent empathy and followed-up or allowed me space appropriately. You can't teach this type of genuine care and empathy. It felt like a blessing and I certainly appreciated it immensely.
I would advise a prospective patient to feel free to ask questions, even the ones that seem stupid. I would also advise prospective patients to disclose their concerns and fears so that Dr. Robertshaw can do her best to address them. Embrace her kindness and stick with it! She knows what she's doing!
Initially, I was diagnosed by another fertility doctor with fallopian tube blockage via a very painful HSG. I wanted a second opinion so Dr. Robertshaw and I decided that rather than having me endure another excrutiating HSG, I should under go a laproscopy. Following the laproscopy we learned that one tube is partially blocked and one tube fully blocked. I was not ready to undergo IVF so we started a brief treatment of Clomid. When that was unsuccessful, I took a break from fertility treatments. A year later, I returned. Dr. Robertshaw was on maternity leave so I saw Dr. Kasey. We began the full IVF protocol starting with birth control, followed by ovary stimulating hormones, I produced only 3-4 eggs so we cancelled the cycle. When I returned for the next try, Dr. Robertshaw had returned from maternity leave so I went back to her for treatment. We started birth control followed by stimulating hormones however I produced too few eggs again so we cancelled the cycle. My understanding is that because I pressed to have this cycle result in a December retrieval, I wasn't given the full stronger protocol. Finally, we started a new cycle with the stronger stimulating hormones and I produced 12 eggs. These resulted in 7 embryos. The embryos had to be frozen because my progesterone levels were too high. We waited one menstrual cycle and I was prescribed progestorone regulating medications for about two weeks when finally my embryo transfer was scheduled. Two embryos were transferred, resulting in my current singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lynzie Hogan)
Lynzie was kind and patient with me! I can't say enough good things. She thoroughly explained every step of every medication and made sure I understood every step of the process in detail. She was always extremely responsive to my many questions. The thing that impressed me most was her patience with my many tears and my occasional anger. She used compassion and humor to allay by emotions. I appreciate that Lynzie is a straight shooter but always optimistic.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The clinic runs well. The front desk staff and nurses are warm and inviting. The embryologist could use some training on bedside manner. I found her report on my embryos was just a report to her while to me she was describing the condition of my potential babies. Just a disconnect there. Also, no one ever enjoys the billing department but BFC's billing lead changed and I found the new lead to be disorganized and unresponsive. Also, she was unnecessarily combative and defensive. There is no reason the billing experience cannot be pleasant. The numbers are what they are. No need for negative emotions on the part of the billing department.
In total greater that $20K
Dr. Robertshaw strongly advised against transferring more than two embryos. We transferred two embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Reynolds was confident that transferring two in our situation was an okay choice because we were okay with having multiples should that happen. We are glad we took her advice and transferred two because 1 implanted and 1 tried but did not progress...always took the time to explain what was going on and answer questions. She seemed excited to see my husband and I each time we went in and was always up-beat. She is very high energy and talks fast/is to the point, but I always felt like she cared... is very knowledgeable and optimistic. She is also super friendly and seems genuinely happy to see you at each visit. Sometimes she seemed rushed because they are busy but never made me feel like I couldn't ask questions (the only reason I could tell she was rushed was because the waiting room would be busy, etc.). She is a fast talker but will always answer questions and explain things for you. We had a very great experience!
The nursing staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center] was very helpful and friendly. They were happy to answer questions through the messaging app on my phone (this also has a very helpful treatment calendar). They were always understanding and excited to see us as well...is a part of the TriHealth network and because we have TriHealth insurance, a significant percentage of the overall IVF costs were covered...The clinic is easy to get to with a lot of parking, clean, nicely decorated and has up-to-date technology. It is a welcoming environment and I always felt comfortable being there. The rooms for blood draws, ultrasounds, and offices for meeting are all right there. The procedure rooms and labs are just down the hall.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Reynolds is very knowledgeable and optimistic. She is also super friendly and seems genuinely happy to see you at each visit. Sometimes she seemed rushed because they are busy but never made me feel like I couldn't ask questions (the only reason I could tell she was rushed was because the waiting room would be busy, etc.). She is a fast talker but will always answer questions and explain things for you. We had a very great experience!
It was a great experience so don't hesitate to go with Bethesda Fertility if it is in your network!
Dr. Reynolds always took the time to explain what was going on and answer questions. She seemed excited to see my husband and I each time we went in and was always up-beat. She is very high energy and talks fast/is to the point, but I always felt like she cared.
I did birth control pills starting on Day 3 of my cycle. On ~Day 20, I started daily 10U Lupron injections to prevent early ovulation. On Day ~28, I started my stimulation shots (follistim and menopur) for 7 days while continuing Lupron. Shortly after this, I had my egg retrieval. We transferred 2 5-day embryos.
The nursing staff was very helpful and friendly. They were happy to answer questions through the messaging app on my phone (this also has a very helpful treatment calendar). They were always understanding and excited to see us as well.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
All treatment medications were out of pocket. Bethesda North Fertility is a part of the TriHealth network and because we have TriHealth insurance, a significant percentage of the overall IVF costs were covered.
+ Read more- Read less

she [Dr. Kasey Reynolds] is so gentle and kind. Be prepared to be pampered with love by this doctor. Never be afraid to ask her questions as she will answer each and every one of them...I took clomid for a week then had a trigger shot the day before my IUI. Simple and easy...reserved time for me especially...made sure to be visible at every appointment. The color of my skin did not matter as she made my husband and I feel special during every visit. She never made us feel rushed. She was very patient and kind and always answered my messages through the app used for her facility. Awesome, amazing and outstanding woman who has help change my husband and I life positively.
The staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center] was great and so were the nurses...She [nurse] made sure i had everything I needed and gave me a lot of recommendations on things I should read and good groups to join. She also reassured me that I was in goods hands with her and Dr. Reynolds. They are plenty of times I used the artisan app to message her and she never failed to respond in a timely manner...I spent less than 2000.00 to get pregnant. You can’t beat that...As soon as I walked through the door for every appointment not even a minute pass before I was called to the back. Coffee machine and tv in the lobby to help you relax and feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Reynolds made sure to be visible at every appointment. The color of my skin did not matter as she made my husband and I feel special during every visit. She never made us feel rushed. She was very patient and kind and always answered my messages through the app used for her facility. Awesome, amazing and outstanding woman who has help change my husband and I life positively.
Don’t be afraid, she is so gentle and kind. Be prepared to be pampered with love by this doctor. Never be afraid to ask her questions as she will answer each and every one of them.
Dr. Reynolds reserved time for me especially. The staff was great and so were the nurses. She answered every question we had and made us feel really confident and comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristy Elminger)
She made sure i had everything I needed and gave me a lot of recommendations on things I should read and good groups to join. She also reassured me that I was in goods hands with her and Dr. Reynolds. They are plenty of times I used the artisan app to message her and she never failed to respond in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
No weakness. Strengths: As soon as I walked through the door for every appointment not even a minute pass before I was called to the back. Coffee machine and tv in the lobby to help you relax and feel comfortable.
I spent less than 2000.00 to get pregnant. You can’t beat that.
+ Read more- Read less
As soon as I met Dr, Reynolds I felt a sense of relief. She understood my situation and jumped straight into a plan to help me go about my journey. She was personal with me and my husband, making us feel at home...Fertility is obviously a sensitive subject, and I right away noticed that Dr Reynolds had a deep understanding of how to approach it with sensitivity, but also being proactive. I left my first appointment feeling so relieved that I had “someone on my side” and someone ready to advocate for me...I explained to Dr. Reynold about my PCOS and being unable to get pregnant after many cycles of Clomid. I was just about to start another round when she switched me over to Femara along with a trigger shot.
Loved all the staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center]. Never once felt uncomfortable...Even though it’s a hard place to visit, I felt always at home, and felt like the nurses + doctors all knew who I was. Only thing is that in the AM when coming for bloodwork etc, all the seats are filled up...Fertility is obviously a sensitive subject, and I right away noticed that Dr Reynolds had a deep understanding of how to approach it with sensitivity, but also being proactive. I left my first appointment feeling so relieved that I had “someone on my side” and someone ready to advocate for me...I explained to Dr. Reynold about my PCOS and being unable to get pregnant after many cycles of Clomid. I was just about to start another round when she switched me over to Femara along with a trigger shot.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Make sure to have your questions ready, as sometimes it’s overwhelming to remember them all
Loved all the staff. Never once felt uncomfortable.