Bethesda Fertility Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
10506 Montgomery RD
Cincinnati, OH 45242
513-865-1675
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bethesda Fertility Center to a friend?
The nursing staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center] is great. You can tell they all really enjoy their jobs and care about you...Our IVF cycle cost around $10k, which was after a military discount...I don’t have any complaints. The atmosphere is happy and pleasant. Even the way they decorate is homey and not clinical. I loved how they handled retrieval day, it was very seamless and when I did have some high blood pressure afterwards, 3 nurses hung out with me until it came down. Their biggest strength is the people working there.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She genuinely cares! She and her whole staff are so welcoming. And they really take the time to know your story.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great. You can tell they all really enjoy their jobs and care about you.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She’s amazing. She’s very good at her job and I would go back to her again and again. My body doesn’t respond as it should, and she very much tackled our case and tried everything she could to get us pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Trust her! She genuinely cares about you.
Describe the protocols Kasey Reynolds used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My body doesn’t respond as it should, so even though my levels were normal, I wasn’t producing many follicles at our old clinic. She did an aggressive treatment and really upped my meds (gonal f, menopur, lupron) to try to get as many as we could but even with the increase in meds, they were only seeing around 6 follicles, which made no sense! She canceled that round (which I’m very thankful for bc I didn’t want to go through a retrieval for only 6 since our embryos always arrest by day 5.) We reset and did a menopur only cycle and it worked so much better! We got 13 (the most I’ve ever had). 11 fertilized, we did a day 3 transfer bc the majority weren’t looking great. They didn’t take and the rest had arrested by day 5 again. By the time we had done this with her we were at the end of our 4th IVF attempt (having done 2 rounds at a different clinic.) So with her advising us, we have decided to stop trying via IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Our IVF cycle cost around $10k, which was after a military discount (how cool is it that they offer that?!).
Immunological, Unexplained
I have worked with several nurses [at Bethesda Fertility Center], did have a primary nurse during IVF, but not one prior to that. After the first primary nurse, when we did an FET, we got another nurse. I was okay with that - but I did have to communicate to the practice I felt that nurse could be better with responding/communicating to me and turning around schedules faster.
Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
This clinic is great, they are on time most all the time, only have had to wait occasionally. It's private and you feel comfortable going in. They have made it very spa like so you do not feel it's so doc office like. The one weakness, which I understand, is that they are not on an electronic medical record, so you do not get to see your results online, do not have appt reminders electronically - that is something to get used to.
Dr. Reynolds always makes a point to make sure we understand what is going on, is available via email for questions and is also expresses empathy.
I have worked with several nurses, did have a primary nurse during IVF, but not one prior to that. After the first primary nurse, when we did an FET, we got another nurse. I was okay with that - but I did have to communicate to the practice I felt that nurse could be better with responding/communicating to me and turning around schedules faster.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr Reynolds has supported our treatment from the start. She worked with us, our schedule, our finances to help us understand the prognosis and what would be next. She never 'did the same' again if it didn't work the first time, she always adjusted the plan of action.
Ask a lot of questions. You'll always get the answers, but it's important to know everything during these treatments!
Antagonist protocol. I wasn't as strong of a responder as expected so we had to crank up the drugs and go an extra day- but we ended up with 17 eggs retrieved. For both FETs we did lupron with progresterone - after a body rash during the FET, we added/adjusted meds for the next FET.
All based on insurance coverage! This is hard to describe, but the IUI were about $350 (plus meds). IVF 'package' was competitively priced and offered small discount for pay in full.
Describe Kasey Reynolds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.
She encouraged 1 (as did embryologist) the first time - as they said it was beautiful. that failed, so she was ok with 2 next time.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
One nurse [at Bethesda Fertility Center] told me very coldly, after our three month break, we were no longer patients...and that I needed to go to my gynecologist for testing on why I became unexpectedly dizzy and fell. Another nurse, office manager and Dr. Reynolds all reached out to me to apologize for the comment. However, they discounted it saying she did not mean it that way...IUI was $400/each, ovulation trigger shots were $100, IVF was going to be appx. $8,000/each.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Weaknesses: can treat you like a number, do not have a support system aligned with the clinic like others in the area do, quote medical success rates instead of their own practices' success rate, some nurses can be rude and cold in their tones and words Strengths: very passionate doctor Dr. Reynolds, loves what she does, willing to take a few extra minutes to comfort you after hearing bad news, will refer to you the best trusted docs she knows if additional surgeries are needed
I loved Dr. Kasey Reynolds as my fertility doctor. However, I feel like this clinic may be overwhelmed with too many patients which made me feel more like a number than a human most of the time. I have two surgeries last year to remove scar tissue and one damaged fallopian tube. Afterwards, they seemed too quick to suggest IVF in my opinion. Office staff actually told me I was no longer a patient after taking a 3 month break...
One nurse told me very coldly, after our three month break, we were no longer patients...and that I needed to go to my gynecologist for testing on why I became unexpectedly dizzy and fell. Another nurse, office manager and Dr. Reynolds all reached out to me to apologize for the comment. However, they discounted it saying she did not mean it that way.
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Very caring and passionate about what she does as a fertility doctor. She takes the time to explain the risks and connected me with a trusted specialty doctor for my damaged tube surgery. Interactions with her can seem impersonal at times when they are busy and she was quick to suggest IVF after my surgeries. This was not the intent or my expectation, per previous discussions, as based on the results of my 1st surgery I was told we would be able to continue with IUI with more success.
Ask for THEIR practices' success rates not the general medical success rates which are quoted
Average dose of Letrozole was prescribed to help me ovulation consistently month-to-month initially. This was bumped up slightly prior to my first IUI. After the surgeries and my two failed IUIs, she wanted to prescribe me clomid over July 4th weekend although my insurance would not pay for it. Later I found out that it would have only been a few bucks out of pocket AFTER countless hours on the phone with the insurance company vs. doctors vs. pharmacy battles and ending up missing that cycle's opportunity. That is when we decided to take our break.
IUI was $400/each, ovulation trigger shots were $100, IVF was going to be appx. $8,000/each. I have no insurance coverage for fertility specific care.
No preferences. She stated the facts as black and white with statistics.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Strengths: Dr. Reynolds is great, great clinic atmosphere, they conducted a 2 hour IVF class when we were first started IVF, which was so helpful. Weaknesses: The lab [Bethesda Fertility Center] only does fresh donor egg transfers and we wanted to do frozen so we had to move to a new clinic. I was sad to leave them.... The nurses were great! They were friendly and compassionate but also knowledgeable and got back to me quickly.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Reynolds is great, great clinic atmosphere, they conducted a 2 hour IVF class when we were first started IVF, which was so helpful. Weaknesses: The lab only does fresh donor egg transfers and we wanted to do frozen so we had to move to a new clinic. I was sad to leave them.
Dr. Reynolds is efficient and knowledgeable, but also friendly and funny and puts you at ease. I had to leave the clinic because Bethesda does not do frozen donor egg transfers and I miss her!
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Reynolds is friendly and puts you at ease quickly. She is knowledgeable and helps you do understand exactly what the treatment is going to be. She would sit with us to explain what is going on and she had a positive attitude towards our goals.
She is great, so make sure you request her as your doctor if you are going to Bethesda Fertility Clinic.
I do not remember these, as they occurred in 2016- and first half of 2017
The one IVF cycle I did I actually won via a raffle with the clinic! (Too bad it didn't work). The IUI's and other procedures I think cost around 3-4K total, since my insurance covered a lot of it.
I do know know Dr. Reynold's approach to multiple embryo transfers. She only did IUI's for me.
Cincinnati
The clinic [Bethesda Fertility Center] is easy to get in touch with. It is easy to make appointments and to fill out paperwork before your visit...I have only had experience with two nurses. Both were friendly and easy to engage with. They answered any questions I had and were honest when I needed to speak with a doctor... staff was also friendly and welcoming. I got phone calls back immediately and never felt like they didnt care about my journey.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The clinic is easy to get in touch with. It is easy to make appointments and to fill out paperwork before your visit. I found other options in my city were a lot harder to get in touch with.
I felt like talking to Dr. Reynolds was like talking with a friend. She was honest, funny and supportive. She answered any question I had or still do have. My staff was also friendly and welcoming. I got phone calls back immediately and never felt like they didnt care about my journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Patty )
How was your experience with Kasey Reynolds at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Reynolds, in my experience, has no weaknesses at this point in time. She is a great listener, never makes you feel rushed, answers questions you might think are silly or dumb. She is happy to answer phone calls and emails.
Make sure you create a list of questions no matter how you feel about them. You might think they are silly or dumb but she wont and she will answer any of them.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They tried to charge for for traditional egg fertilization as well as for ICSI and I caught this. I asked if we could continue to try to get pregnant in our own during estrogen priming and was told yes, but later learned the Cetrotide I was taking could end a pregnancy if one had started (I would have abstained knowing this). They called me twice to tell me my IVF was unsuccessful and did not realize they had already called. I did not receive a report on day 3 from the embryologist as expected and went to transfer with no information. Again, this was all the Bethesda Fertility Clinic, not Dr. Thie's private practice. The nurses I rated so favorably were from her private practice, where I usually go. I would not Rae the Bethesda Fertility Center's nurses so highly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
The entire staff knows my name (incidentally, I go to Dr. Thie's private practice, she only does IVF retrieval and transfer at the Bethesda Fertility Center, and I would answer closer to a number for them). Dr. Thie listens to my questions, has an open mind, and spends time with me.
Their empathy and experience. The head nurse, Cindy, is exceptional.
What specific things went wrong at Bethesda Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Dr. Thie. I am confident that she wants the best for us. Before my first egg retrieval, she actually called my cell phone the night before to leave a message of encouragement in light of my estradiol results and to let me know that she was thinking of me. This is one case where bedside manner is really important given the emotional strain of infertility. That said, as a DOR patient, I am not always sure she is up on the latest treatment or protocol options.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Be prepared to wait and call the clinic to see if they are on time or not. If you don't want to wait to see your doctor, she is the wrong one. However, you are waiting because she gives each patient the time needed and will do the same with you.
Jennifer Thie
2010 - 2012
Everyone [at Bethesda Fertility Center] was very professional. There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. They have family photos all over the hallway walls of families they were able to successfully get pregnant. I always felt comfortable and would recommend them to anyone that I know.... Expensive (approximately $2000 even with insurance) but I think any couple expects this with fertility treatment.
2010 - 2012
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Everyone was very professional. There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. They have family photos all over the hallway walls of families they were able to successfully get pregnant. I always felt comfortable and would recommend them to anyone that I know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Was very confident in his diagnosis and was very clear that there was a HIGH risk for multiple birth. At the time I felt he was too confident, but I was afraid dto get my hopes up.
I always felt comfortable going there.
How was your experience with Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
He was very easy to talk to, and confident in his ability to make it so that I would be able to get pregnant. After one HSG test and having to shake my hips to get the dye through one of my fallopian tubes, I was able to get pregnant the very next month via IUI
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Don't discount his confidence as cockiness.
Describe the protocols Glen Hofmann used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had already done 4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid. His first recommendation was for an HSG test where dye is shot through the tubes, as he felt there might be a blockage. After the procedure, he recommended IUI, and I literally was successfully pregnant the next month (twin boys)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Glen Hofmann
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Nursing staff [at Bethesda Fertility Center] was very attentive and gave the feeling that they were personally invested in your success.... Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Walking through the financing with someone that knew the details was great. The only con was that sometimes appointment wait times were long (~15-20 min), as they prioritize the IVF and IUI patients given the urgent needs that they have during their cycles.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Personally called to check up on me, I never felt rushed, very empathetic and thorough with every appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Nursing staff was very attentive and gave the feeling that they were personally invested in your success.
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr Robertshaw is a great listener, seeks to understand any/all symptoms to help discuss treatment options. She takes the time to answer all questions and is candid in her responses and opinions. She took the burden of stressing about infertility off of my shoulders, and I truly trusted that I was in good hands with her recommended treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center.
IUI and IVF procedures, embryo freezing, monitoring ultrasounds, doctor visits, blood work.
Describe Isela Robertshaw's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.
She did not want to transfer more than 2 embryos, which is what we ended up doing. If PGS had been used, she prefers to transfer only 1 to minimize risk but is open to patient input.
Isela Robertshaw
12 IUI, IVF
The front office staff [Bethesda Fertility Center] was very rude, inconsiderate of how expensive and emotionally tolling this procedure is and what your going through. Other than that the rest of the ataff was very pleasant. The office could use some updating but my overall experience was good.... They [nurses] were very caring ,nice, and quick to get your appointment moving.... Dr. Thie took a long time to get my history and previous testing.
12 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The front office staff was very rude, inconsiderate of how expensive and emotionally tolling this procedure is and what your going through. Other than that the rest of the ataff was very pleasant. The office could use some updating but my overall experience was good.
She was very personable and knew my case versus not knowing my case
They were very caring ,nice, and quick to get your appointment moving.
How was your experience with Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Dr. Thie took a long time to get my history and previous testing. She was very knowledgable about PCOS and took time to help me understand it. She went out of her way to make sure I received the best treatment. I feel she could of been a little more aggressive as I had to order an additional week of medicine because she was nervous of me over ovulating.
She brings ypu back a lot and staff is considerate about multiple visits and high copays.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Thie used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did and IVF startibg with birth control for a month then starting injections.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Thie at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Jennifer Thie
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Bethesda Fertility Center is a] small clinic north of Cincinnati. It has 3 doctors now but Dr. Hoffman was the primary doctor when I was there. I saw Dr. Renyolds once or twice and liked her but she was learning....All the nurses there were wonderful!
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
The nurses were great, he was very blunt and does not have good bed side manner when telling women bad news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
All the nurses there were wonderful!
How was your experience with Glen Hofmann at Bethesda Fertility Center?
His strength is his experience. He has seen a lot of cases and makes very accurate predictions. His weakness is his bedside manner. He was too quick to tell me that I needed to use a gestational carrier vs. adjusting his approach.
Have thick skin. I do, and his delivery still brought me to tears more than once.
2 antagonist cycles -BC for 3ish weeks -overlapping with lupron for 2-3 weeks -8 days of Gonal F and Menopur -Novarel -Transfer on day 6
Glen Hofmann