760 Wicks Lane
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715
406-587-9202

Treated 2016 - 2019
I would recommend Dr. Milroy to anyone going through fertility treatment. I always felt like a priority, and I felt that throughout the course of my treatments that my best interests were in mind. She is very knowledgeable and confident in the medical aspect of all fertility treatments. ... Since I only had one embryo available, an ERA test was recommended. I did the test and the result showed that my lining was pre-receptive, so for my FET, 6 days of progesterone in ethyl oleate were used.
One thing I wish that the clinic [Billings Clinic Repro Med] focused more on is the use of supplements and the impact lifestyle and diet can have on the outcome of certain treatments. ... The clinic was very good at explaining the financial details and there were no surprises in any of the costs associated with treatment. There were a few times recently that invoices did not get billed through my insurance, so I had to call and have it run, but things were always taken care of.
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
I would recommend Dr. Milroy to anyone going through fertility treatment. I always felt like a priority, and I felt that throughout the course of my treatments that my best interests were in mind. She is very knowledgeable and confident in the medical aspect of all fertility treatments. She is great at explaining in detail every step of a particular treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Ask questions and learn as much as you can about the treatments that you are going through and what options are available because she will tell you everything you want to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
I felt like a human because my doctor always knew exactly who I was and what my situation was. Every time I came in, she was always knowledgeable about my individual case, instead of having to look in my chart to remember things. Phone calls and emails were always returned quickly, and I also received phone calls during cycles in a timely fashion.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
IVF cycle: stimulation with Follistim and Menopur. Follicles slow to respond, so dosage of menopur was increased. Ganirelix was added from day 10 to day 14. Total stimulation days was 14, which resulted in a freeze all cycle. Double trigger was used (Novarel and Lupron). 13 eggs were retrieved, 11 mature, 6 eggs fertilized the traditional way (3 took), 5 eggs fertilized with ICSI (5 took). By day 3, all but one embryo survived, but all were very fragmented. By day 6 only one embryo had made it to freeze. Since I only had one embryo available, an ERA test was recommended. I did the test and the result showed that my lining was pre-receptive, so for my FET, 6 days of progesterone in ethyl oleate were used. During the ERA cycle, I found that I had a reaction to the Progesterone in sesame oil, so the compound was changed. My FET resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I cannot say enough about the nurses at this clinic. They are some of the most caring people I have ever met. They take everything seriously and always made me feel comfortable and well informed. All phone calls were returned quickly. I received prompt phone calls with updates from my cycles. I also was able to email them with any questions, which were returned quickly. I always felt like they genuinely cared about me as a patient.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
The clinic was very good at explaining the financial details and there were no surprises in any of the costs associated with treatment. There were a few times recently that invoices did not get billed through my insurance, so I had to call and have it run, but things were always taken care of. One thing I wish that the clinic focused more on is the use of supplements and the impact lifestyle and diet can have on the outcome of certain treatments. Several times I asked about things that I could do to possibly help the outcome of treatments and was always told that there was nothing that I could do to change anything. They may not have been wrong, but it went against other research that I had found, so it was a little confusing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
The cost of my IVF cycle was $13,500, which included everything except for meds, which were an additional $3-4,000.
Describe Colleen Milroy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
My doctor usually only transfers one embryo at a time, but will make exceptions based on what the patient wants and their individual case.
Colleen Milroy
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Milroy was very straight forward and said that this cocktail of drug may help my egg quality but there wasn’t specific research to back it up. ... Dr. Milroy also is a big advocate for mental health and not “loosing yourself” in fertility treatments. She may make a recommendation for you to go to counseling. ... The same goes for the possibility she may ask you to loose weight. ... It felt very supported even though I was very sad about the outcome of the cycle.
Billings Clinic Fertility Clinic’s main strength is it’s size. It’s a relatively small clinic, which means you know every nurse and doctor. ... One weakness of the clinic, is it’s size as well. Because the fertility clinic is small, it only does 6 IVF cycles a year, every other month, beginning with January. ... There is a lady who gives out her direct line to duscuss the exact amounts and she can give you information if you need a loan.
Dr. Milroy is very thorough and meticioulous about the treatment plan. She is a good communicator and let’s the patients know if she sees something that may cause a problem. She was very straight forward with explaining the plan of care and how our embryos developed. Dr. Milroy is up to date on infertility research and welcomes any and all questions.
My top advice to a new patient of Dr. Milroy’s would be to be open and ask as lots of questions. Talking to Dr. Milroy decreased my anxiety because I knew her answers were accurate and not just what the internet said. Dr. Milroy also is a big advocate for mental health and not “loosing yourself” in fertility treatments. She may make a recommendation for you to go to counseling. Don’t be offended by this suggestion, just know she wants you to be the healthiest you can be. The same goes for the possibility she may ask you to loose weight. I trust Dr. Milroy more than any other doctor I’ve ever had care from. She’s very genuine and knowledgeable. Her passion is helping couples get their miracle baby! You are in the best hands with her as your doctor. Good Luck!
I found out on Mother’s Day that my second round of IVF had also resulted in zero embryos for transfer. Dr. Milroy had personally called me and left me an encouraging voicemail. She told me that she was thinking of me and wanted me to know there was still hope. It felt very supported even though I was very sad about the outcome of the cycle.
My first round of IVF was a standard protocol. Menopur and Follistim, with Generalix added in the last few days. My second round was Menopur, Follistim, and Lupron. I believe this was a stronger protocol. I also was asked to take DHEA 25mg three times a day, CoQ10 400mg twice a day, and Myoinositol 4gm every day for 90 days prior to my second IVF cycle to possibly improve my egg quality. Dr. Milroy was very straight forward and said that this cocktail of drug may help my egg quality but there wasn’t specific research to back it up.
The IVF nurses are extremely compassionate and knowledgeable. Zoe and Darci were my favorite. Darci actually went through fertility treatments herself to have a baby. I talked to the nurses openly and always felt my questions and conercerns were addressed 100%. The nurses are more than just nurses, they become your friends.
Billings Clinic Fertility Clinic’s main strength is it’s size. It’s a relatively small clinic, which means you know every nurse and doctor. The IVF team itself is very compassionate and thorough. The IVF nurses order you meds two months in advance and do medication training early as well. They try to prevent any surprises. With it being a small clinic, you have to order in donor sperm or donor eggs as well, but the process is actually quite easy and I think you have better options because you don’t have to choose from their own database of donors. One weakness of the clinic, is it’s size as well. Because the fertility clinic is small, it only does 6 IVF cycles a year, every other month, beginning with January. Also, some of my medications came from a pharmacy in Oregon and was overnighted to me. This was a little stressful, but everything went very smoothly. One last word of advice, double check your needle size when you start administering IM shots like a trigger shot or progesterone. It wasn’t the fertility clinic’s fault, but the pharmacy kept giving me 18guage, 1 inch needless; I needed 22guage, 1.5 inch needles.
I think the IVF costs were pretty standard. The payments for an IVF cycle is due a few weeks before your initial ultrasound and blood work. There is a lady who gives out her direct line to duscuss the exact amounts and she can give you information if you need a loan. She seemed relatively easy to get a hold of.
I’ve only had one, 1-5day embryo transfer. I didn’t want to take the risk of multiples, so never really asked to transfer more than one. I think Dr. Milroy would be open to transferring more than one embryo as long as the couple understood the risks associate with multiples.
Colleen Milroy
Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI...She didn’t care to explain anything to me or answer my questions. I asked what I could do naturally to level my hormones and I didn’t get a real answer. She just told me to continue taking Metformin and when I have enough money we will do an IUI.
Just the IUI alone [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications...They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
How was your experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Strengths would be her doing this most of her career. Weakness would be what I said on the last page, she didn’t care to answer my questions or concerns. She wanted me to continue with Metformin and do an IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Don’t give up. If you have a question, keep asking it until it is answered!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Stacy Shomento used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
They had put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was so sweet and kind and so warm. She really is the reason I kept going back.
It’s expensive for the treatment you get. Especially when paying out of pocket. They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Expensive! Just the IUI alone would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
When calling I wouldn’t get a response until about 3 days later.
Stacy Shomento
Bozeman
Stacy [Shomento] was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision....We did a retrieval in January and used a variety of medications from Lupron and Follistim to HCG. I responded very well to the drugs. We retrieved 18 follicles and had to do a frozen cycle because of a polyp that formed.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med] and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience....On several occasions I experienced issues with lab orders or ultrasound orders being received by the individuals undertaking them....Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much
Stacy was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision.
Try not to sell things so much (hubby’s comment)
She was down to earth and clearly explained things
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Anicee)
Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much of her time if you asked questions. She also did not know my chart or what I had or had not done when it came to consent forms which was frustrating. Bloodwork sometimes was hard to get whether it be at my facility or by the staff ordering it.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience.
The costs were $13,500 which did not include the meds or labs.
Describe Stacy Shomento's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Dr preferred quality over quantity.
Stacy Shomento